Speaker 1: Hello everyone, and welcome back to a new episode of the Poker Go Podcast. My name is Donny Peters. His name is Tim Duckworth. It is Freaky Friday the thirteenth, baby, and we are here at the twenty twenty five World Series of Poker. That's right, baby, Dan Eggs, who's doing some work. We'll get on that in a little bit. Tim wrote down Scary Friday the thirteenth show. Don't know why it's scary, but here.
Speaker 2: Friday are always scary, isn't it the thing?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I guess so.
Speaker 2: I mean, look, we have a new mascot. We've got a tram on your head. I'm wearing pink. It's a scary Freaky Friday.
Speaker 1: All right, whatever you say, sir. Philip Sternheimer winning the ten PLA two players returned and he came out on top for his first gold bracelet. We'll talk about that. We got an interview with Sternheimer. It's a good one, so make sure you stay tuned to listen to that. Jal Vieira one his fourth WSP gold bracelet. He took down the one hundred K no limit hold Them high Roller. We'll also hear from him when he talks with Jeff Platt. The fifteen hundred dollars horse is down to the final two. They're playing heads up about one hundred yards away from us, So it might happen that we get a winner live on the show. If not, we'll obviously wrap this one up on the next episode. Dan Eggs I already mentioned him. He is currently leading the way in the ten k limit hold them. We have a bit of some u breaking news as it relates to that event. We'll get to that as well. Huge field huge might say massive massive. In the five K Seniors high Roller, we got the monster Stack, the monster mash I sing sing, I mean, I just I love it every time, right, every time this event comes around, I sing that song. Monster Stack drew more than twenty six hundred entries on this starting fight. Still more one, still well, still one starting fight to go, and then we'll touch on whatever else is happening around the world Series of Poker. If you are ready to play online poker, hop on end to play PokerGO dot com and get started playing for free. That's right, I said for free. Because it is for free. You guys can get in there. You can get some chips to start they're called gold. You can also spin a wheel every two hours. You can open a treasure trast like you can get all this different stuff. Then you can get in on the tables. They got ring games, they got tournaments, they got sit and goes, and you can battle with real people just like Tim, just like me. Look, tram stop right here. This is like Tim's hat. Yeah, what does it say?
Speaker 2: Though? Melbourne was a train and I still got the tag on it. Yeah, I just got it from my loyalist of Paul Bewman. Yeah, shout out.
Speaker 1: Paul literally brought a suitcase, suitcase of snacks, this big of of We've got some Australian snacks which a cople We got a right right there. We got a special episode thing planned later on, but yeah, we'll do that at a later date. But anyway, play poker gro dot com. It's available on webs available on iOS, it is available on Android. So check it out today, check it out off, and check it out every day every day, every single day. Before we get to all the news and all the happenings. I do want to do a little special edition community cards. Okay, so let's hit the jingle Tim. We'll do his dance and then I'll come him back and we'll do this thing.
Speaker 3: Attention, attention, good morning, good afternoon, and good evenings to the Poker Radio audience near and far. It is now time for a brand spanking, spiffy and new shout out to some of our most loyal listeners who likely got a bit too luck on the way to the spotlight. You're listening to the number one poker show in the land, and it's time for a new edition of the Poker Go Podcast Community Cards.
Speaker 1: All righty, I honestly don't even know if you actually dance like to the music.
Speaker 2: I got no idea. Rich has a fun time doing whatever he wants to do with that little, uh little dance set in for him.
Speaker 1: So I thought today, you know, I've been neglecting the podcast email inbox, so I might as well get on in there.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: So I got on in there, and I just want to, you know, go through some of the stuff that we have. I remember we did ask for people to send in some photos and stuff of their collectibles. Yes, so hopefully if Rich is up to a producer, Rich shout out. We don't don't mean to make you do more work, but I'm about to make you do more work. We're going to show things on the side on the screen, but there's also a couple of ones that are just you know, for some messages. We got Mark b. He's said this before the WSP. Sorry Mark, I'm just getting to it now because I'm an idiot and I forgot. He said, the app feels like it's going to be a massive improvement, shout out massive, massive over Bravo, and definitely make things much simpler for myself as a non US player. Anyway, great to have you back the hype or the WSP starts with the Poker Go pod. He also asked about hats this year. Yes, we got him. Eventually we got him, and he said he'll be out in late June. Also, I just want to say that if if Rich is getting mad that we're burying the lead, because we're doing this first. I want to give back to the community first before we get into the news. So whatever, all right, Mark, So if we got hats, then great, you'll have to hit us with a password, but Tim is not letting us reserve any so none. I mean, you just got to try and get one, and I think we gave out like seven today. Michael L big fan of the pod, two time investor in DPMC. He's also an investor in DPMD. He now he sent them something funny. This was ahead of the fantasy draft, he said. I was listening to the latest episode. Not long after the twenty five K fantasy was mentioned. I passed John Reordan Plumbing and he sent a picture of John Reordan Plumbing.
Speaker 2: He has two jobs.
Speaker 1: He's a Pok player, No wonder, he's got so much money. Plus hot. Yeah, it's absolutely hot. So John Riordan Plumbing shout out to them. No free ads, but you know, if they're in their area, let's go. I mean, uh, Michael already added I'm not sure if it's a sign that you should get him, or that he'll play like shit, shit, that's very good, right, that's very good, or that he's destined to make infinite flushes. I mean, Michaels has got it. He's got it, He's got it. Trevor ve So he sent in a photo of a three D printed pull apart magnet Oreo dealer chip for home games, obviously Teddy KGB themed from around Right. That's cool, Trevor, I need you know how to get my hands on Mark k aka Grateful Mouse. Here's a photo of my favorite collectible item that I've attained over the years. I have lots of good things. This is probably the best one. So he won it at an auction. It went to that went to charity for Camp Sunshine up in Maine. That's kind of my neck of the words. Phil Phil Locke excuse me, wore this hoodie during the Guinness Book of World Records longest session run, which I believe he did about Yeah, he signed it, so did Jennifer Tilley. He wears it all the time, does Mark. He put a couple patches on it. He shared it with us, so thank you for that. Mark. We got Ryan, who said he's been a loyal listener for years. He got a hat a couple of years ago from Donnie at the South Point meetup over that it was a lot of fun. Last year he got the hat family pot. This year, though he spent the first week at the WSP. He came by. He said he watched us on the podcast for a while without you what I mean.
Speaker 2: Okay, that was maybe when we did one out there on the floor.
Speaker 1: I'm just trying to wonder if I need to file for like a restrainer, a stalker, like what is this?
Speaker 4: Friends?
Speaker 1: Our friends? Yeah, mister Ryan over here, just just creeping on us. He said that during a mad break rush in the hallway, tim was swimming upstream when he and I came upon each other. You looked up and said nice hat to him. He had on last year's hat while playing the event, and he also said, by the way, I cashed good luck hat on it caught Bryan a little bit by surprise, and he said, Timmy back, do you remember this?
Speaker 2: I remember saying so, I remember walking by someone saying nice hat, but I kept going. I think I was gonna rush against somebody.
Speaker 1: So he yelled Timmy, So you are now Timmy?
Speaker 2: All right? I mean I like Timmy.
Speaker 1: Jake s said that he has a collectible item at the twenty ten Wsop. He actually is the exact date June twelfth, twenty ten. Hey, he had a number of top names in poker, signed a brand new Binion Horseshoe hat. He purchased the hat at the Horseshoe the day before. Some of the names are difficult to make out on here, but he has names for Doyle Bruns, and Todd Bruns and Mike Sexton, Mike Madisow, Phil Helmy with Daniel Legrowney, Jennifer Harmon, Ellie Elezra, Dennis Phillips, Eric Linger, and Tom Dwan, Sammy Farha. And then he also put in the email that this one might have lowered the value or these two names Chris Ferguson and Howard Letter are also on the hat. So shout out to Jake s for that hat. That looks pretty pretty sweet. And that's that's I mean, that's truly one of a one of a kind item. And then John Michael can't always watch and listen to the pod when it drops. I just got through today's. This was a couple of days ago, and I'm loving it. My name is John Michael, but a lot of my friends call me Jam. When Dylan says it, he sounds like he's saying jam Remember, yes, yes, yes, I remember this. Come to think of it, kind of sounds that way. A lot of people say it. It's really cool to make the pod again. Dylan is the real star here though. Thank you again, Tim for all that you do. Shout out to you, buddy, Timmy. I want to make sure and drop you a line and say definitely don't send me a hat if it came to that. I've got one now, So there you go. John Michael aka jam New nicknamed all Right, let's get into the real nitty gritty of it. I'm sure producer Rich is pretty pissed that we just to it does not matter now, he listen. It's I always give the time right a little bit earlier. We want to try and get out early. You got some birthday party thing, you got to be a dad tomorrow, eleven thirty eight pm is the time right now. Rich is usually up at five am editing the pod. So you know, we're just all over the place trying to get this.
Speaker 2: Out sometimes, you guys, because sometimes you forget. I don't I don't put in the video. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I told you the other day that I don't like to go to sleep until it's up. But if I don't do that, it's an extraly forty minutes to my day, and I have been gambling and going to sleep, and then of course this one time it didn't go through. I think, honestly think my internet went out in the middle of the night. That's what happened because there was some other stuff that I was like, Oh, I guess the internemus went out, But okay, Phil Sternheimer winning the ten K PLO eight Championship. He topped a field of three hundred and eighty six entries to win seven hundred and sixty three thousand dollars. He beat Bruno Firth in heads up play, denying Firth a second gold bracelet of the series. I'm curious to know as a quick aside, and you don't have to look, seth, I'm just thinking out loud, but what did Firth win? First? What I mean, what was his first event that he won? Was in the fifteen This is the mixed Omaha? Is that what he wont?
Speaker 3: Was it?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I don't remember what he won, look up what he won. But what I'm thinking is that Benny Glauser, right, he won two fifteen hundred dollars bracelets? Okay, what did Firth win?
Speaker 2: Firth one the five kpo.
Speaker 1: Okay, so a five K PLO plus a second place in a ten k like, how would that rate poy ranking compared to any Glausser winning two fifteen hundred dollars bracelets?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 1: Which one is worth more points? I would guess it's Bruno Firth right, because it's two fifteen hundreds I think versus the first and a five a second the ten kN.
Speaker 2: The old points system first used to be double second in points.
Speaker 1: Yeah, don't you get like a whole bunch of more points like based on buying.
Speaker 2: I think that was changing now, but I've really studied it. Side note on Bruno Firth. Between he's first and his second, he went to the win and won to twenty two hundred potlamon Omahavan one hundred and fifty k, so of course, just a plo magician over here.
Speaker 1: Sternheimer was extremely emotional, both immediately in victory and then also afterwards. He doubled up at one point during heads up play and he kind of started, I mean, he led a lot of emotion, was flexing like yelling, went around, gave a whole bunch of high fives and hugs to his fans. On Israel I was standing at the table and I was like, well, he didn't win, because I knew that for that had more chips, but he kind of was acting. It seemed like he might have thought that he won. I don't think that he did, but it had that type of emotion. Got it. He gets back down. They go back and forth for a while longer. Eventually Sternheimer steals the deal, another big, you know, emotional eruption. This time he knew he won it, and he goes over. He hugs everyone on his rail, and then he called his family. He's like holding the bracelet over the phone and started crying. So you could definitely tell how much this meant to Phil Sternheimer. He's been in the game for a couple decades now, playing the absolute highest stakes and battling with some of the best, but until this point, a bracelet has eluded him. And afterwards he was kind enough to sit down and do an interview. So let's hear from Phil Sternheimer and then we'll come on back and we'll talk more about it.
Speaker 6: As I was walking to the tournament today, I was thinking to myself, I probably never wanted anything as bad as this one, and I was trying not to indulge in those thoughts because I find these kind of what if what if you win? What if you don't win to be distracting, But it means the world. You know, you kind of know that at the end, you know there's so much luck involved and all you can do is to make the right decisions. But to have something really tangible to show after all these years of trying, it just feels just unbelievably. I quit my job two years ago, and I've been studying the game a lot, I would say, in the last six months, more than ever before. And you know, what you realize about poker then the more time you spend on is how little you actually know. So I think I'm a much better player this year than last year, and if I hadn't won one, I felt I was due this year. But I know a lot of players that are as good or if not better than me that I've been playing for way longer than that at that level and still haven't won a bracelet. So I wouldn't say overdo, but maybe just do. I talk to my wife first. We'd sort of agreed that this might be my last sort of world series where I come out for several weeks, because you know, it is a huge sacrifice. I equip my job primarily to spend more time with the family, so it's kind of counterintuitive to be here for five six weeks away from them. But you know, for me, This is just the most amazing time of the year to be able to play and compete at all different buying levels in all different formats of poker, which as you know, I don't just play one game. I play all the games or aspire to, you know, surrounded by people that I really like. It's just a very special time. I think at the ten K level, most of the fields are really really tough. It's sort of ironic because I'm a planner, so I'd mapped out my entire schedule and excel, including plan breaks, and the PLOW eight was actually supposed to be an event that I skip to take a break, so you know, it's just the irony that maybe and I also wouldn't have said that it's necessarily my best. I do think the field in the PLO eight has been slightly weaker than in other ten k's. You just have a lot of people that maybe play PLO that are sort of popping in. But of course the game actually plays quite differently, so that's just kind of the way it works.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 6: It is a really if you know, and on the one hand, I try to focus on on on inputs and on decisions things that I can control and I tell myself the outcomes will ultimately come, but of course if you come up short a couple of times. You know, my wife is half jokingly asking, you know, when are you going to bring home like, you know, like a big championship trophy or like a bracelet, you know. And I am also very outcome oriented.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 6: We had a thing in my previous job where you also deal with a lot of uncertainty and incompeted information, and it was just be right. Yeah, I know, like you know, there's a lot of luck and stuff and complexity and things you don't know, but just be right. And you know, I feel like the mindset of a champion is also to sort of bring it home. So that's kind of that I caught tom be in poker, and that there's so many things you can control, but then you also do want to ultimately have sort of the physical good at the end. And this is just great that for this event. You know, those two things have married between playing well, making good decisions, and having the outcome in your favor, you know, And the bracelet is I mean, it's nice. The respect of your peers is not necessarily linked to bracelets. I had someone from my sort of study group come up to me yesterday. He shaw remain unnamed, and he was asking, half jokingly, why didn't you learn how to play poker? You know, And it was actually a wonderfully backhanded compliment, you know. And so everybody knows that some guy can show up play as their first event and win a bracelet. You have unreal players, you know, Chinos on my fantasy team has never won a bracelet. You know, I could go down the list. I think all of these people are on the same level. And at the end, it's just really fine margins that make a difference. You know, that rivicard comes differently, comes a you know, straight or a flush card for Bruno, you know, and he has a massive chip lead pretty much and has me dead. So it's it's the tournato of the card that can make all the difference. But that shouldn't change whether or not a player is respected. I think it's just been a crazy stretch this since I got here. I played six tournaments. I cash at ten tournaments. I cashed in six a final table two. I got really really close on a dealer's choice where I had a chip lead. I was all in with aces against Kings to go heads up with a chip lead that didn't work out. But it's just somehow I just didn't let it sort of affect me as much as in the past. So it's just I had this serenity in terms of just take the outcome, whatever it might be, and just play as best as I can. So even if I airball all the remaining events, you know, this is just a very special period in my life that I'll always remember.
Speaker 1: All Right. That was Phil Sternheimer. Very thoughtful, intevert interviewed, you know, very insightful. You can definitely tell how much winning a gold bracelet means to him, and you know, evidence by the emotion that he showed in the wake of his win, combined with the words that he relayed in that interview, you know, you can definitely tell that Sternheimer has been like it's been on his mind quite a bit, that he that he really wants to win. And also cool that you heard him say that this was going to likely be the last full summer for him. You know, him and his wife basically agreed that like this would be the last full summer, not that he wouldn't come out in future summers. Yes, but just probably smaller stints, maybe do one or two trips something like that, you know, as opposed to to staying out here for the whole seven weeks. So cool to kind of like in that, like last Hurrah, last full Hurrah, he's able to rip off a bracelet. He moved to fifth on the PGT leaderboard, but you said now sixth is that we're.
Speaker 2: Going to talk about the next event. That's kind to move him down a bit.
Speaker 1: That's because as show, yeah got it, okay, cool, Well, still near the top, which is cool to see. I think he'll be someone who probablytize to compete in the top forty and get into that championship, I would guess. I mean, I think Phil really likes the PGT. I think he loves the battle in the studio. Now, he might not show up for all of the No Limits series, but he's certainly always in there blasting in the mixed game stuff. Maybe he'll get in there for the PLO stuff as well. There's still plenty of PGT qualifying events here at the World Series of Poker, so a bunch of opportunities for Phil Sternheimer to get more points and ultimately finish in the top forty so he can then qualify for the PGT million dollars Championship. So great work by Phil. More history being made. You know, he had that really good night with Kunan Shulman. You know, Sternheimer, I think is obviously a very deserving winner, a great winner, one of the absolute nicest guys in poker. He's always been super nice, and it's always I don't know, it's kind of weird at first when somebody is you know, I guess, like you you know, Phil is playing like two K, four K, three K, six K, like these massive, massive games. Yet he's just a regular nice guy. Which not not that you shouldn't expect that from people, but you know, there's a lot of people in poker that are not like that. You know, they kind of just wouldn't care to give you the time of day. But Phil is the complete opposite, and you absolutely love to see it. Another nice guy, Jo Vieira, Yes one thing, Yes, won the one hundred k noloud hold him high Roller. This guy is one of the absolute best in the world, the best to ever do it. Two million, six hundred and forty nine thousand dollars for Vieira. He topped a field of one hundred and three entries a pretty long heads up battle with aram Aganion. They swung the chip lead back and forth. They battled it out, but it was a lot of fun to watch. That one did stream on Poker Roo on the poker ro YouTube channel, so if you missed it, highly encourage you to catch the replay. Andrew Lucky Chewy Licktenburger was at this final table. Isaac Hackson was at this final table. Thomas Boyven was at this final table. I mean it was. It was a stacked event, of course, stacked final table. We talked on the last episode about how Ivy blew it. You know, he just don't stopped by. Yeah, he just absolutely blew it.
Speaker 2: Blew it.
Speaker 1: But what are you gonna do? Fourth bracelet for jau Vieira just a freaking crusher. What else is he won?
Speaker 2: His three braces are in massive, massive events though for five k no lemonhold Max extended seven hundred and sixty k there that was in twenty nineteen. Twenty twenty two won the fifty K high rollerut at the World Series for one point four million, and then twenty twenty three online he won the twenty five KGG millions seven hundred and seventy one k. But his last six months in poker very very incredible. WS TOB Paradise in December, finished runner up in the Trent Main event for two point six million.
Speaker 1: Run up to Alex Foxham correct.
Speaker 2: Then a couple of months ago try and Jju he won one hundred and fifty k to Lemon hold him for four point six million. You throwing this score of two point six million. He's just swimming in millions the last six months. He's absolutely on a massive heater right now, crushing and uh, you know, we talk about people running hard and maybe winning a second brace of getting that run to kind of accumulate result after a result. I think we have to put Ja Viera in that group with you know, three quarters of the World Series ago.
Speaker 5: Jojo, We were just saying that what an absolute battle. What did it take to get this done?
Speaker 4: Get really lucky to start indoor, a lot of adversity and just just stay in the stay in presence, they focus and.
Speaker 1: Just do your best.
Speaker 5: Yesterday late yesterday you got a big bluff through against phil Ivy. Without that getting through, you aren't here right now? Does that make that one of the most important plays of your career.
Speaker 4: It was one of them. Yeah, if it doesn't fold, I'm obviously not here. But I can only control what I do if I have a S nine o' club. Fiel looks like a genie, is like he has so multiple times, so I think people should give him a break. And I'm just happy that that the river came and I was managed to blow them off.
Speaker 5: We've always admired the way you've handled yourself. How do you do it? How do you handle all of the swings that a tournament like this gives you.
Speaker 4: It's it's important not to be entitled, you know, And I'm entitled where I started, where I am. It's just been such a long way that if I just feel entitled that I win one point seven instead of what two point six? What a fucking break would I do? Just Mom and Dad brings me a well older sister as well. They just kept me in check, and I do you know how blessed I am, And so I just keep it in perspective. It could have gone my way, could have got on, but I'm played really well.
Speaker 5: So I'm just happy to win my way and finally, right before I hand this to you. This is indeed bracelet number four comes at the highest by level out of all of your bracelets. Does it mean the most?
Speaker 4: I think the first one always means a little bit the most. But this is amazing. Every day that you get up and have the chance to be doing this on this stage with this amazing people just feels great. So I'm just very happy that I want this one because it's the day one. It's the one that I mean, I'm about to savor to enjoy. So yeah, it's it's all of them are a really good.
Speaker 1: Here Where does it put him on the PGT leaderboard?
Speaker 2: So that is his second cash I believe for the season. You know doesn't play our events that often. Sorry, fourth cash of the season. He's in twenty sixth place. Okay, but the biggest movie is you know you touched on Phil Sternheim. We're gonna look at a Lucky Chewy runner up to Jason Kuhne final table in this event. He is now fourth on the PGT leader board. He's also the ninth player eclipse a thousand points, so top nine players all with a thousand points. Nick Schulman's still on top, but he can he knocked off.
Speaker 1: Of course, anyone give me in this event we're going to talk about so really by.
Speaker 2: That guy right there, mister Daniel and mister d X.
Speaker 1: You think he still has this jersey like he should? He should buzz out the jerseys again.
Speaker 2: I think on a vlog he's shown I think you know where in his old house he had that closet where he had all these weight equipment. That's where he had all these jerseys. So I'm assuming in this new house with more rooms, he has a dedicated room that has all he's you know.
Speaker 1: Have you seen his gym?
Speaker 2: I'm I am so. I think my gym is like a pretty incredible Gym's like nothing coned.
Speaker 1: His is a closet. His gym looks like like sometimes when I see the Rocks gym, Yeah, that looks like Daniel's jym, Like, what the hell is happening? I think, how big is this?
Speaker 2: You know what I'm most jealous about in his gym because like he has a lot of equipment. I don't if I had Daniel's money, I probably wouldn't have the same gym. But I like that you can open those doors, the sliding doors out and you can see the pool. You can see you know, the entire community. That's what I love the most. That's what I have the most jealousy of it, because i work out with my garage door up and I'm just looking at like a bit of the street cars coming by.
Speaker 1: I work out with my garage draw up too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I didn't have as much. I didn't have the million dollar view as they say Daniel has. I have more of the you know, six hundred thousand dollars view.
Speaker 1: Damn you got it like that, Jesus.
Speaker 2: I can see some mountains.
Speaker 1: That's which they pay you. What the first thing, you, buddy, that's not true.
Speaker 2: I know real you get for commentary, clear and.
Speaker 1: Get a whole ton of money. I'm just fucking rolling in it, bro, I'm just absolutely rolling. I'm out here begging to do more commentary so I can pay the bills.
Speaker 2: New hats every day somebody has. He can put them on all.
Speaker 1: Company hats that like this one. We go to the store and we steal them.
Speaker 2: Okay, this hot at least.
Speaker 1: Believing it here until July. I'm sorry, all right, sorry. Speaking of Daniel on the Grand new he's leading the ten K limit holding or he was he. I mean, he had a bunch of chips, so he's he's part to check. One hundred and eighteen entries in this one. Eighteen were in the money two hundred and eighty two thousand dollars for first place. We're getting a lot of clapping over there. Does that mean we have a winner or just a big pot?
Speaker 2: Big pot. I'm gonna say big pot.
Speaker 1: Twelve remain still twelve.
Speaker 2: Hold, we still have twelve to grand Who's dropped out of the lad He's fifth in chips right now. Picked a blomb chip later. Another guy, little nemesis of Doniel mgarann who Ryan Vanbreaker If you have been following the World Series, defeated Daniel and m'grano heads up to win his second bracelet.
Speaker 1: All three of them are at the same Uh yeah, yeah, it should be kind of crazy, really cool, yes, file Tayblor together.
Speaker 2: Yep, throwing out Anthony Zina Zeno, Ian John Scott Ballman chasing a second bracelet.
Speaker 1: This guy David Lieberman, Yeah, I'd never seen him before in my life. Absolute wild card. Wow, chaos out there with this guy. He busted wasp before the money. He just kept checking dark and calling and how you supposed to play them. It was like the board was like ace ace and then like a middle cart and a deuce. Okay, Wall said, I think he had like ace eight and the guy had a deuce Jack deuce. I don't I don't know. I don't even know how he got in the hand with Jack deuce. But he was just check calling dark and then rivet to Jack.
Speaker 2: Okay, it sounds like.
Speaker 1: Scott Bowman is also still in this event. He won the two K Nolan mad Holdham already at this World series. Broker, we have had a lot of sweats for double bracelets. Yeah, in this event alone, we have Ryan Bambrick, we have Scott Bowman that could potentially win a second bracelet this summer, joining Benny Glasser. With that achievement, I would like Jeremy Osmas to win, because you know he's on our fantasy team. That would be excellent if Jeremy could spin it up over there. He's saw me at one point when they got in the money. He came over. He said, another min cash for the team, Thanks buddy, that's not what we want here. One hundred and forty one dollars just min cash in your way. This is incredible. Do you think he can min cash his way to five hundred points? I don't think so. Okay, well me, no, he couldn't. Yeah, they need to cash like fifty events, right kind of thing. If you min cashed, you could probably get to two fifty or three hundred if you min cashed like a literally every event. Yeah, I just don't. I don't think that it could happen, but you know, you never know. This episode of the Poker Gol Podcast is brought to you by True Classic, the only shirts that we trust to look sharp and feel even better, you're not wearing anything under there I have. I have a True Classic T shirt on. I have like thirty five of them, honestly, and they're great whether you're grinding on the felt or heading out for the night. True Classics Fit is next level, affordable, comfortable, and built for real guys. Go to True Classic Te's spelled Tees at the end, True Classic T's dot com and upgrade your wardrobe today. I did see that they are having a Father's Day sale, so if that's still ongoing, I'm assuming it's going on for throughout the weekend, so you should definitely go check that out. Should also mention that the Poker Gros Shop is running a Father's Day sale through this weekend twenty percent off at the Poker Gros Shop if you use the promo code Dad twenty twenty five, So check that out shop dot poker go dot com tried to kind of hold off on talking about this one to see if we could get a winner, but we haven't gotten a winner. The fifteen horse is down to two Andre Ziggloff versus Thomas Taylor. Ziggle Off won this event in like twenty nineteen something like that, so obviously knows his way around a horse. Thomas Taylor was on my list for Fantasy. We ultimately didn't draft him, but looking like he's going to have a very very nice score. Could be his first ofsf go bracelet has well. Marcel vonk scored third place in this one, and then after he busted, asked me for a podcast had hey the password. It's just incredible stuff, the old nine two thousand dollars podcast app.
Speaker 2: If he had aust earlier, he would still be playing right now, I'll tell him.
Speaker 1: Not okay, okay, yeah that's true. But thank you Marcel for thank you, you know, chatting it up for a little bit there, getting a hat better luck in the next tournament. Maybe that's the ten k horse, and you can just go on and rip off that one. So Ziggloff and Taylor are playing for one hundred and ninety eight thousand dollars up top. They're guaranteed one hundred and thirty two thousand dollars. Linda Johnson busted in tenth, Alex Livingson busted in fifteenth, Nico Milgram busted in sixteenth, And I saw some of his Instagram stories. He ran two big bluffs, one of which I saw he had ten high. It did not work and limit hold him. He said on his Instagram story that he ran two bluffs, he was one hundred percent sure that both would work, and neither of them work. So that's that's how Nico's Nico's day went. Ari Angeles seventeenth, Lajerry off in eighteenth. Blosh is putting together a decent resume. He won that twenty five K six max and then he had a deep run here eighteenth in the fifteen hundred dollars horse, huge field over in that five K seniors high roller. Yesterday, they yesterday, they already beat the record the field size from the year before. Last year it was six 't eighty. Yesterday they got seven hundred and twenty or something like that. They got over eight hundred total, eight oh one, which is pretty pretty crazy. They are down to what how many do we know how many other down to it.
Speaker 2: And one? Yeah there down to.
Speaker 1: Ramana at Parla Sorry if I butchered that name, but current chip leader. It looks like per Pokernews dot com. David Stam doing well. Friend of the podcast, David O. dB Baker is over there with the old guys doing it. THEO Yorgan, THEO Jorgan's in his back, He's freaking back. That's awesome. You know who else was back today? We should have talked about Joe Cassidy. How about he put the ten ka Liman Hooldham had boosted Jay Joe Cassidy. I mean, what in the world this is going on in that tournament? Just simply incredible stuff, absolutely incredible stuff. We got John Esposito over in this senior's high roll, or Daniel Lowry who was wearing a funky ass aluminum foil thing on his head look like an alien over.
Speaker 2: There, Mike Mattis, We got Billy back. So we got Scotlan scot If anyone knows that name.
Speaker 1: Cal, I'll give you a gamble. I'll give you a gamble. I mean, absolutely golden moment history. Scott freaking Lazarre.
Speaker 2: If you want to make producer Rich work a bit more, well, he would insert the Scotland clip right about.
Speaker 1: Listen, I know for a fact that Scotland that Rich will insert the Scotland ar clip because Rich loves that clip, I think more than any other clip in the history of Clearly, I'll give you gamble. That was outrageous, absolutely outraged that whole final table. The one of the best things about that final table is that hasham like they play like half the final table and you don't even see Joe hasher and then all of a sudden it's like Joe hashims like they got the Chipley. It's like, where the hell did this guy come from? What just happened? And then the meltdown from Scotlands are and as it turns out, Scott and Joe are like great friends now incredible. It's just I love poker. It's the best thing in the world.
Speaker 2: Rounding out the chip counts back Glance doing it again, yep, they a couple of the short stacks. Fifty left.
Speaker 1: What a what a table? This is what a tournament?
Speaker 2: This is Paul Snat's selling. He was the start of he's selling. He's sill grinding away.
Speaker 1: But yeah, six d and forty six thousand dollars up top. They are in the money. It was like one hundred and twenty or something like that paid. Let me see exactly one. Why do they put I I get so mad? One? Twenty one is how many paigs They put these things on multiple pages for god knows what reason. It's absolutely outrageous.
Speaker 2: We should also say that we have coach Mariy called an audible.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was gonna talk about that right right now. Actually, this was the plan was to stream this final table on Saturday, June fourteenth.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Now the problem is that it's just about to hit midnight and there's still fifty players left, so not really sure we're gonna get to a final table, or if we do, it'll probably be something like nine pm. Yeah exactly, and that ain't gonna really work for streaming so called an audible. And as things happen to work out, Daniel legrand New is going deep in the ten k limit hold them championship. So we're gonna swap in that limit, hold them championship. Outgoes the seniors. Sorry, you guys play too slow, not our fault, and we'll stream the the min bet Championships of the World. What the hell does that say?
Speaker 2: Says Jeremy Osmas, limitar in twelfth place from the limit holding championship. Victor Blam got him, of course, Victor Blomb. Now the main cash for Jeremy Osmas.
Speaker 1: What was it? What were the hands?
Speaker 2: It was six is for Osmas?
Speaker 1: Of course I had the best hand for victim, exactly exactly. It's even worse than I thought I thought. I thought it was you know, you'd like King nine. No, he's got freaking four bop came seven four three outreach it.
Speaker 2: It gets worse turns of five.
Speaker 1: Leaving the show. What the hell is this?
Speaker 2: This is a three? See you later, Jeremy Osmas.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I hope you hit him with that little Stanley mugg or whatever the hell he had on the table. Man, Let me come on, what is this? What what is that? What is that hand?
Speaker 2: Come on from Jeremy after about saying wow, nice hand.
Speaker 1: Yeah, nice real nice hand, Victor, real nice freaking hand. You get it. In drawing dead twice twice you were joining dead in his hand. Twice you were dead pre and you were dead on the turn. But no, you somehow just win this hand. I mean, just absolutely crazy. I know he wasn't drawing dead for everyone out there, but still, for all intents and purposes, he was drawing f and dead. Ridiculous. I mean, come on, oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah, what are you gonna do?
Speaker 2: Right, No, Jeremy might be at the final title when we turn.
Speaker 1: I'm what an absolute joke?
Speaker 5: That is?
Speaker 1: All right? The Monster Stack two thousand, six hundred and eighty one entries today on Day one seed, So last year eight thousand, seven hundred and three entries total, they had three total starting flights. This year they have four total starting flights right now as things stand, through these first three flights, they have six three hundred and sixteen entries. So on Saturday's Day one d that is the added flight they need two thousand, three hundred and eighty seven in order to meet last year's total. Because they had two thousand, six hundred and eighty one today, I'm guessing they're gonna smash through that. Yeah, probably gonna get four thousand at least tomorrow on this. So what really to freeze? I don't remember them so so, like I said, on this, all right, I'll take over four thousand.
Speaker 2: Okay, coffee, sure done.
Speaker 1: Sure, I have like bought like the last three coffees. By the way, you think you just owe anyway.
Speaker 2: That makes acually true. I love coffee.
Speaker 1: I mean it's just ridiculous. All right, So they need twand three hundred and eighty seven. I'll take over four thousand. You have under four thousand. The people out there will hold us accountable. I'm obviously more bullish on the WSP than you are. I just want that on record.
Speaker 2: Wow, hold me yeah, shots five.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying that people a heard of four.
Speaker 2: Thousands, a big number, that's all. I'm saying a lot of people have punched their ticket today to already.
Speaker 1: They only need thirteen hundred and nineteen more than today. That's I don't think that's that hard. I feel like a lot of people, because it's a Saturday flight, a lot of people are just gonna come in and fire the Saturday flight. That's how this works. Okay, So that's where I'm at. The one thousand dollars buying plo that kicked off today. How many entries this thing get up to? Almost two thousand, nineteen hundred and thirty two, it's.
Speaker 2: Two hundred ninety players in the monding.
Speaker 1: Like Leah leading the way. Look who's fifth in chips? John Rearden Plumbing is fifth. I mean, just he's he has to be, just making so many flushes. It's just fucking crazy out there. Jeff Madison's doing well, Chris Vich, Andy Seth, Ben Ludlow looks like he's got you. I have no idea if these chip counts are right, but this is what I'm going with. Ryan Reese, Benny Glauser, Barney Bow.
Speaker 2: He's on the rail here watching the halls.
Speaker 1: So see, I can't I can't handle.
Speaker 2: But us you touched on nineteen hundred and thirty two entrance two hundred and ninety. Are the money two hundred and thirty seven k for first down?
Speaker 1: Are they already here? Are they already in the money?
Speaker 2: Yes? There down from last year that had twenty two hundred and twelve. Today we're gonna speak of the next event also down. So today's not a good day for the trend up. What was also done the fifteen hundred rats. We'll move on to that four hundred and seventy two entrance, one hundred and twenty six k for first there last year five forty seven, so pretty much, you know, seventy less than last year. But so today not the best day for entrance with the two starting events.
Speaker 1: Is Mickey and the raws.
Speaker 2: He is in the res he bagged, he messaged us in the group he bagged I think seventy three seventy nine k last break.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's not a bag.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I thought it was a bag bagged yet I think he bags big.
Speaker 1: David Schmuell is currently the chip leader for proker News. He won a bracelet already correct, and then he finished second or third third when Benny Glasser won yea his second bracelet. Johannes Becker is up there, Alan Lee, Phil Hui, Ryan Hoenig, Ryan Hoenigs having absolute our friend Matt Savage who decided to call me out on social media for in an article on poker dot org for god knows what reason. He's He's just entirely wrong. It's just absolutely outrageous. I mean, this guy I'm gonna have a bone to pick. You know how you had you were like rich, I need like this ducky.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're gonna it's gonna come off after the segment.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I need a meter for the bones that I have to pick.
Speaker 2: The bond picking meda.
Speaker 1: Where even is this article?
Speaker 2: I think he saw a screenshot that you guys put in the chat. I didn't really go to dig in for it.
Speaker 1: This one savage rules this guy, this freaking I'm gonna read the part where, well, there's there's a header here that says coloring up is essential. I mean, yeah, for the most part, technically, he wrote, I try to explain the reasons, and players seem to understand. But I've had arguments with Matt Clark and Donnie Peters. Shout out Matt Clark. Now this is about, you know, players having so many chips. He says. They say they want to have all these chips on the table, that it looks so much better for TV, and that it's going to draw in a lot of people to watch the game. Okay, no, you're exaggerating the I say it looks better, and it does look better, Yeah, on TV tables when you don't have four chips. When a guy has two million chips, he's got six chips on the table. It looks ridiculous. Yeah, and everyone says stuff about it on social media when it happens, like why does it look like no one has any chips? Like, just have some chips. It's just a better entertaining product. There's a reason why if you look up, like I don't know, YouTube thumbnails all over the place, they use the ones with a ton of chips in there, exact people.
Speaker 2: Want to see that.
Speaker 1: Or or when people are talking about money, they don't put three quarters up on the screen. No, they put a boatload of cash. Yeah, because that's sexy. Yep. Okay, So for one table or two tables or three tables, you know, it depends you at like what point you are on the main event or another event, you can have some extra chips on the table. Now, listen, we don't got to go back to two thousand and four and have thirty five thousand stacks of twenty for each player. You know, Jamie Gold Paul Watsco was absurd. Yes, I get it beautiful, but like you can still have some sort of middle ground. And it's not that this is going to like attract droves of people to poker or to watch the game. But it is going to look better, hands down. So One, don't put words in my mouth. Two, I'm right, okay, So just stop with this nonsense. It's absolutely ridiculous. And not only are when you color up do you make it look worse, you also make way more work for the players and the dealers who have to constantly make change and sort the whole situation. Yeah, so stop with this nonsense. Okay, just absolutely stop with it. So that's that I'm heated. Matt's over in the rast too, hopefully he is. Hopefully he has to bring it in for thirteen orbits. All right, what's what's next? Can you help me? What are you looking up? What are you doing?
Speaker 2: I'm trying to find this message someone sent me. I got my oopsie meter, sucky thing. Yeah, I made an oopsie earlier in the series, and then I made another one. So Rich is going to put a little oopsie meter somewhere like here or here?
Speaker 1: Is he actually going to do that?
Speaker 2: Or he better do it. That's why we pay him the big bucks.
Speaker 1: Lot.
Speaker 2: The other day we talked about Nick Suleman winning three ten k no limit douce events, and we talked about other people who done it, Adam Friedman, you know the main event winners, et cetera. Billy Boyd. I missed one. I missed a legend, Billy Baxter. Billy Baxter. He has seven bracelets and five of them are in no limit douce to seven now ninety seventy five one K buying that was the only no No. Seventy eight was a ten K, eighty two was a ten K, and in eighty seven and nine three the buying drop to five K. So essentially it's the same event at a different price point. So you can argue that he has technically won five of the same event, just like we kind of made a little asterix for Billy Boyd, so we missed that guy. I don't know how I missed Billy Bax's. Apologies to the listeners out there for making a boo boo little ducky oopsie meter and but but as a reward for having to dure endure my unprofessional researching, I got a new code word today. So if you go to PGT dot com slash gleam so you can see all our promotions. There's a podcast one on gleam. You're entering a password you can get bonus raffle tickets as well as if you follow us, subscribe all this stuff, and if you win, you get a seat in the PGT Million Dollar Championship to represent us the Pubgo podcast potentially sit next to Day in Agrano. Probably not Jeremy Osmus as this rate because you can only men cash.
Speaker 1: But well, did you say I'm looking at the ham again right now? I mean, just this is outrageous.
Speaker 2: I can fantagic, guys, But okay, you guys, folks in the million dollar PGT Million Dollar Championship five and your k for first The password for this week for this episode is going to be Baxter. I think that's fair backs to b a x t e er put that in, you get you know what instead of ten additional raffle tickets, I'm going to make a fifteen. I feel generous today. Fifteen raffle tickets. You normally get one for just following us on Twitter, So fifteen if you put in Baxter as the secret code word in the promotion, fifteen raffle tickets. I'm just super generous today.
Speaker 1: So if you haven't done it, but I've got to get a guys is given out raffle ticks. Won't give up hats, miss.
Speaker 2: Oh give out hats. You come and get them. You gotta earn it. But I made the booboo. So this is the way I apologize to the people, the listeners out there. This is my apology with raffle tickets. So fifteen raffle tickets. Uh you know code word Baxter b A x t E. There it is.
Speaker 1: I had something I was going to say as well. Oh yeah, so you were talking about how Billy Baxter's events were like the same event with different price points. Yeah, I heard on the broadcast today that you know, they said the one hundred K high roller started in twenty eighteen. But I was thinking, like, well, it was the one job. I mean yeah, the one drop was the event before. I mean, yes, it was a kind of a different event.
Speaker 2: This is one hundred K high That was a one hundred and eleven eleven eleven whatever buying with donations of charity.
Speaker 1: It was basically it was one hundred k after the when he went to the chair, I it's like the same event. Okay, I'm just saying it's like it's it's it's not that I don't think that they're different events. I would almost just I would almost have to just talk it through a little more. I wouldn't. I wouldn't say like, hey, this event started in twenty eighteen. I would say, you know, they used to have this other event and then it kind of transitioned to now this new event. Like that's how I think you get through it? I think, right, yeah, And there's there's it's not just that event. There's there's obviously a couple events that they kind of change, but they're kind of similar, you know.
Speaker 2: So I guess with the you know, the fifty k PPC, that's a good example, right, started as the fifty k Horse Championship, it was called, and then it evolved into the Poker Players Championship.
Speaker 1: So it's been different is the fifty k horse because it was called the fifty k horse correct the whole Yeah, for a few years and then so technically that those are different events.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but the lineage is the same, I understand.
Speaker 1: But that's it's the lineage that you need to hold intact.
Speaker 2: But also if we if we're arguing it, the one hundred k is always no limit. The fifty k PPC. It's been five games, six seven, eight, nine games.
Speaker 7: Final table Nolan has had many different varias over the place, but you know the lineage, you know, the Chipris Trophy, I guess you know, starting from when David Chipperies won it, all the way through to you know, Brian Rass, Michael Mazrahi, all these great guys that have won this event.
Speaker 2: Daniel grind are obviously defending champion. I think it's you know, regarded as being the one event, you know, even though it was going through different alliterations. So I guess in the same vein we could probably talk about the big one for one drop one hundred k kind of evolving into this one hundred k high roll that we have now. I think I think you could argue that and I'll be okay with it.
Speaker 1: You want to know how I know that I'm going to win this bet that we have on the over four thousand?
Speaker 2: Are you already looking at the app and it says twenty seven hundred or something?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: Is that true? I'll right now, I hope that would be awesome because they only have one event tomorrow and it's ten k. Yep, yep, that's where I That's why I know why I know. Can I buy off a half of that? That's why I know that they're planning for like six k. Okay, they're ready to go. Hold on, don't tell me. Let me guess. Five thirty six signed up for tomorrow? How many more more? How many? How many? Six sixty? Baby, let's go, let's go. I love it, absolutely, you can love it. Look up the ten K Big O' Championship that starts on Saturday. Who signed up for that?
Speaker 2: Who signed up for three minutes? Big Matthew, Matthew Belcher? Who else would be a favorite? Who else could possibly be in that? Already? I got no idea. It's a big old guy. I bet you like Ronald Kaiser or Dylan Weisman.
Speaker 1: Ronald is a good one.
Speaker 2: Fourteen entrants.
Speaker 1: Ronald Kais is a good one.
Speaker 2: Alan Lee probably Tom Lee.
Speaker 1: All's in a tournament right now?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah? That? Okay? No Belcher?
Speaker 1: Okay, I mean I don't even know if he plays.
Speaker 2: I don't Kwanzo. He's the most notable player. That is Guinny Tiama Shenko.
Speaker 1: There you go. You have Ganny's back.
Speaker 2: So that's the two notable players of the fourteen that are in.
Speaker 1: You know what I saw today? Pan of random player ish Paul Sockeloff.
Speaker 2: How's that random? I mean there's a lot of events.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I feel like I haven't seen him in years. Maybe I just haven't seen him. He's in the five K senior year. He's over there or he was over there grinding away. All right, I think that's that's good for us. What do you think? His name is Tim Duckworth. My name is Donnie Peters, and we will talk to you guys next time.
Speaker 3: Jenny Express