Speaker 1: Lord, let every word that comes out of my mouth be what you would have it to be.
Speaker 2: Nothing of my own will, nothing of my own thought, just your thoughts, and we just thank you and we give you praise.
Speaker 1: So I I thought I was going to be preaching a different message in this, but it just keeps coming around, and so here we go. Today's message is gonna be a little bit like weight training. And what I mean by that is that few years back, I decided I was unhappy with like the level of health I was having, and so I decided I was going to start exercising. And then I was like, so I work out at home. I had this particular trainer that I would watch and eventually I've watched him so much I'm like, I need something new. And so my wife was like, oh, you should check out this guy, and so I you know, you know, he says things that are ridiculous. He says things like I'm here, I'm gonna get huge today, and he just says the most ridiculous things like he's a meathead and and it's it. And so it actually took me a little while to like ignore what he was saying to be able to catch on to the fact that this guy's really brilliant in how he makes you pick up weights and use them. And in scripture, uh, it talks about that there's benefit to physical training, but that there's actually a lot more benefit to spiritual training. And so today there's gonna be a little bit. I'm not gonna.
Speaker 2: Tell you it's time, it's time to get huge.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna tell you that, but I am going to tell you that we're gonna pick some weights up today. And the benefit that you get is directly correlative to whether or not you hold onto the weight and whether you actually muscle the weight up.
Speaker 2: You have to actually lift the weight to get the benefit of the weight training. Okay, So.
Speaker 1: The word thanksgiving appears twenty five times in the New International Version translation, the Hebrew word for thanks appears seventy two times in the Old Testament, and the Greek word gratitude appears one hundred and fifty seven times one hundred and fifty seven times in the New Testament. The words thanks, thanksgiving, and gratitude are so absolutely interwoven through the scriptures that you cannot get away from them. If you actually opened up your Bible, you literally can't turn a page and you're going to see one of those words or a subset of one of those words that conveys the same thing. And as we're getting ready to hang out with family this week and rejoice and be thankful.
Speaker 2: I.
Speaker 1: Wanted to use this opportunity to talk to you about true Thanksgiving and that it's not a day, it's a lifestyle.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: The Old Testament has the concept of the fellowship offering of thanksgiving. Even in Jesus's miracles, before he feeds four thousand, he goes and they give thanks and then they eat right like it's everywhere, you cannot get it. So if you think I'm like teaching something heretical, like I cut out like fifteen scriptures out of here because we're going to run out of time. But the point I'm making is that this is so foundational to being a follower of Jesus. I don't know that you can really be an effective follower of Jesus without letting this like saturate you, without letting this ruminate and come out of you.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: So the Hebrew word for thanksgiving is toda, and it means adoration, confession, praise, thanksgiving, and listen to this last part. This is out of your strongest concordance. It says by implication and extension of the hand.
Speaker 2: Weird.
Speaker 1: Thanksgiving is by implication and extension of the hand. Huh, I thought thanksgiving was saying something. No, Thanksgiving actually opens up God's hand over you. The Greek word for thanksgiving is eucharista.
Speaker 2: Listen to.
Speaker 1: Eucharista means gratitude. It means grateful language to God.
Speaker 2: It means an act of worship.
Speaker 1: Some of you that have come out of certain faiths, maybe more liturgical faiths, you might be familiar with the term eucharist right by taking of the which we just did, the bread and the body the Eucharist. So the word eucharista actually means. The word eucharista actually means thanks and honor. So it's an act of worship. So when you are thankful, do you know what you're doing?
Speaker 2: You're worshiping. You might be.
Speaker 1: Thinking that the only way to worship is up here on a stage with really talented musicians and vocalists. But believe it or not, every time you are thankful and you express thanksgiving, you're actually worshiping the King. And when you worship the King, something's happening over you.
Speaker 2: His arm is extending and his eyes are on you. Jesus Wow.
Speaker 1: The history of Thanksgiving is that in sixteen twenty one, there's a Native American tribe called the wam Pog that meet with the Pilgrims at the time who came here and they basically wanted the capacity to worship God and to pursue him freely without anybody telling him what to do, okay, And they have a really wonderful harvest, and so they end up having this bountiful harvest season. They gather with the with the tribe at the time and they have a multi day festival, and the purpose of the festival was to express thanks for how gracious or how bountiful God had been to them in giving him a harvest.
Speaker 2: It was all about expressing thanks.
Speaker 1: And if you look at the early people who came here, the Pilgrims, all of them were Christian, not all, but almost all of them are Christians. They came here to pursue God and they didn't want any human constraint or interference with that.
Speaker 2: They were wholehearted devoted to.
Speaker 1: Creating a new land where there was no obstacles to pursuing the king and being intimate with him.
Speaker 2: They were translating that over to the Native.
Speaker 1: Americans and in well, anyhow, so I'm gonna skip past some of this stuff. But in eighteen sixty three, President Lincoln actually created Thanksgiving as a national holiday by proclamation. So we've been celebrating a few hundred years here in America of this thing called Thanksgiving. Earlier this morning, Pastor Dwayne was talking about having God's face turned towards you, and that the devil is roaring around like a lion, seeking whom he may devour.
Speaker 2: But if we will humble ourselves before.
Speaker 1: The hand of the Lord, if we will humble ourselves, turn from our wicked ways, he will look towards us. He will see us. And this is even him talking about healing our land. Right, So he sees us when we're walking in humility. And he always opposes pride. He gives grace to the humble, He opposes the pride, the pride fuller the person who's proud. Right, You guys know what I'm talking about. These are not like new scriptures to you. What I'm going to tell you is that I think that most people, when they think about.
Speaker 2: The term humility.
Speaker 1: I actually think that they think it's self deprecation, that it would be like beating yourself up or presenting yourself in a lowly light to somehow get someone else to think that you're like pious or like holy or something like that.
Speaker 2: That's a bunch of junk. That's a lie.
Speaker 1: What's true humility is Thanksgiving. There is no other thing on the planet that expresses humility more effectively than Thanksgiving. And the reason why that is is because you're saying, Lord, I couldn't do it.
Speaker 2: You did it for me.
Speaker 1: It's all you, and so naturally in Thanksgiving, humility is the underlying current.
Speaker 2: Of which Thanksgiving flows. Does that make sense?
Speaker 1: And so if you're looking, if we don't want God to oppose us because we're prideful, but we want him to give grace because we're humble, we better be walking in Thanksgiving twenty four to seven. Because that's the key characteristic of humility. It's not saying, oh woe is me, and so tough to be me.
Speaker 2: No, that is not humility. To be totally honest with you.
Speaker 1: More often than not, that's people looking for attention. That's a wounded spirit that needs deliverance. There are few things that will move the hand of God like a gratitude lifestyle. It's not a day, it's a lifestyle, and it is your superpower.
Speaker 2: So the Lord gave me.
Speaker 1: Before we get too far into this hope, you realize that there's now no condemnation for all of us who are in Christ.
Speaker 2: Jesus correct that we're been hidden in him.
Speaker 1: That's it's Christ in us, the hope of glory that he's He loves us so much that he doesn't leave us the way we are. He's renewing us day by day. Right, this is this is what he's doing. He's our dad, and so he doesn't like we come into the kingdom and he just.
Speaker 2: Doesn't leave us that way.
Speaker 1: He loves us enough enough that he's trying to get us to pick up the weights. So I'm going to tell you that I had I have in the past week done some whining and a little bit of complaining. And it could be that maybe there's another person or two in this building that might have done the same thing.
Speaker 2: Could be possibly or maybe it's a different church.
Speaker 1: Down the road, probably not new horizons. Do you know that some sins, sins of commission, like if you went and committed adultery, you're sinning. But some sins are a sin of omission. Omission means you just didn't do the right thing, but you should have done it. And a lot of times, thanksgiving and gratitude, that's how they work. You have so much to be thankful for, but yet every day you're not getting up and giving thanks, you're just taking it for granted. And so two hundred years ago, people spent all of their time trying to heat their home and get enough food where they could have food in their tummy and make it through a season.
Speaker 2: Today, you click a button, you flip a switch.
Speaker 1: We're probably living in the easiest point in human history right now. And do you know that people are less happy today than they've ever been. Do you know they whine and complain more today than they ever have. We're actually a weaker society producing far weaker people. Yet we have so much abundance it's available to us. And so I believe that we actually commit the sin of omission a lot, which is that we don't just simply step back and look at all that we have to be thankful for it and say thank you Lord. The three words, the three words that I want to come out of my mouth more than any other words are thank you Lord, thank you Jesus, Thank you Jesus. Those are the three words that should come out of my mouth more than any other words on the planet. Those are the three because you could be thanking him for what he did yesterday, You could be thanking him for what he's doing today.
Speaker 2: You could be thanking him for what you have today.
Speaker 1: And you could also be thanking him for even that maybe a difficulty or something where you need him to move. You could just say, let's say you need him to give you a job. You could say, thank you Jesus fill in the blank for giving me this job, Thank you Jesus that you've got this coming, Thank you Jesus that the healing's on the way. You can actually function in thanksgiving on any single thing, even something that you want to see happen that you haven't seen happen yet, that maybe.
Speaker 2: Even some like wound in your heart. The Lord gave me a picture.
Speaker 1: This is how I ended up coming up with this message, because I was actually planning on preaching on something else, and the Lord gave me a picture, and the picture he gave me was of his death on the cross and the tearing of the veil from top to bottom that happened when Jesus was crucified.
Speaker 2: Okay, why was the veil torn? The veil was.
Speaker 1: Torn to separate the holy place in the most Holy Place. Correct, you guys are looking at me like, did I just say something wrong?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah. The reason he tore it was to.
Speaker 1: Remove the veil and to give us access, you and me. He tore the veil so that we could have access. He woke me up this morning really early, and I didn't, and so I'm like, what are you talking about? And in the Book of Exodus, if you'll look at the veil that was torn from top to bottom, which means man didn't tore it, God tore it. On on the veil that he tore, the cherubim or woven in. It's blue, it's purple, it's red, and it's woven in. And on the other side of it, in the most Holy Place, you have the Ark of the Covenant. And on top of the ark is what the mercy seat, but the Cherubim. So what happens is that he tore this veil to give us access to intimacy with him, and he said unfortunately, he said, my kids, they'll grab a needle and thread, and they're working from the bottom to try and actually sew the veil back together.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, what are you talking about? So the veil back together?
Speaker 1: Hebrews or excuse me, numbers eleven one through six. Now the people complained about their hardships in the hearing of the Lord. And when he heard them, his anger was aroused, and fire from the Lord burned among them and consumed some of the outskirts of the camp. When the people cried out to Moses, he prayed to the Lord, and the fire died down, so that place was called Tabah. Because fire from the Lord had burned among them, the rabble with them began to crave other food. And again the Israelite started to wail and say, if only we had meat to eat. We remember the fish we ate in Egypt at no cost. Also the qcum melons leaks onions and garlic. But now we've lost our appetite. We never see anything but this manna. Moses heard the people of every family wailing at.
Speaker 2: The entrance to their tents.
Speaker 1: And it says the Lord became exceedingly angry, and Moses was troubled. Moses actually pleads with the Lord, and he says, Lord, why did you make me lead these people? And then he actually says kill me, now, kill me now, I can't deal with them. That's how frustrated Moses was with this. And if you look what was causing the Lord to be exceedingly angry where he actually burned, you know, sections of the outermost aspects of the camp up.
Speaker 2: Complaining.
Speaker 1: But I thought he produced something for them. That's what they needed in the manna. And you know, they couldn't be thankful for the manna. All they could do is wine and complain about the leaks, the onion, the garlic, the fish that they had back in Egypt. Wow, I'm gonna go to the New Testament now, so you don't think I'm a heretic one Corinthians ten one through twelve, For I do not this is the New Testament.
Speaker 2: Okay, that was the Old Testament.
Speaker 1: This is the New For I do not want you to be ignorant of the fact, brothers and sisters, that our ancestors were all under the cloud, and that they passed through the sea.
Speaker 2: They were all baptized into Moses. In the cloud and in the sea.
Speaker 1: They all ate the same spiritual food and drink the same spiritual drink, for they drank from the spiritual rock that accompanied them. The spiritual rock was Christ. Huh, I thought we were talking about the Old Testament. I thought it was Moses.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: Nevertheless, God was not pleased with most of them. Their bodies were scattered in the wilderness. Now these things occurred as examples to us to keep us from setting our hearts on evil things as they did. Do not be idolatrys as some of them were. As it is written, the people sat down to eat and drink, got up to indulge in revelly. We should not commit sexual immorality, as some of them did, and in one day twenty three thousand of them died.
Speaker 2: We should not test Christ. We should not test Christ.
Speaker 1: As some of them did and were killed by the snakes. And listen to this, and do not grumble as some of them did and were killed by the destroying angel.
Speaker 2: Huh.
Speaker 1: A destroying angel came and killed them because of their grumbling and complaining. If you think I'm talking an Old Testament, I want you to listen to the next verse, these things.
Speaker 2: Happened to them.
Speaker 1: As examples written down as warnings for us, for me and you on whom the culmination of the ages has come. So if you think you're standing firm, be careful that you do not fall. The devil is roaring around like a lion, seeking whom he and it may devour. And I'm going to share with you that a lot of times we don't realize that God may have a perspective and culture has a different perspective. And I think a lot of times, as Christians, we can actually become so influenced by culture we might not even realize we're being influenced. Grumbling and complaining opens us up to the destroyer.
Speaker 2: We need to check ourselves.
Speaker 1: Like sometimes when I start to whine or complain, like here, it's almost like the Lord wants to slap my face, give me a check. And then I hear myself and I'm like, no, okay, rudder, get back where you're supposed to be. Let's praise and exalt him, let's.
Speaker 2: Give him thanks.
Speaker 1: And so what happens is that complaining and grumbling and whining cannot occupy this same space, cannot occupy at the same time as Thanksgiving. So if you are whining, if you are unthankful, if you are complaining, if you are grumbling, do you know what you're not doing. You're not giving thanks, You're not operating in gratitude. And I'm wondering how much of our days are actually spent whining and complaining. And you know what I know is if he says thanksgiving is worship unto him and it causes his outstretched arm to rest over us, I kind of want that. So it means I better stay in Thanksgiving and not get out of it. And you know, I can tell really easy whether I'm in Thanksgiving or whether I'm not, because this thing always it's out of the abundance of the heart that the mouth speaks, and it'll give you away every time.
Speaker 2: It'll just tell on you.
Speaker 1: And then thankfully the Holy Spirit will come and he'll since you have the mind of Christ, and he comes and he's like and then you're like, Nope, I'm not doing that.
Speaker 2: I choose to give thanks even if there's something I don't like.
Speaker 1: Lord Jesus, I thank you that you're working this out for me. The Lord works in contrasts. What do I mean by that? So he always when he tells you to do something, he'll always tell you what not to do.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: So if he says, be anxious about nothing, but in all things, by prayer and supplication, make your request known to God, he'll give you the peace. He'll also tell you in four eight of Philippians, he'll tell you.
Speaker 2: So when he tells you, don't be anxious, he says, don't do this.
Speaker 1: And then he comes over here and he says, finally, brethren, whatever things are true, right, noble, pure, lovely, admirable, excellent, or praise worthy, think on these things.
Speaker 2: He tells you, don't do this. Do this, okay.
Speaker 1: If you look at the Old Testament in the book of Deuteronomy, the blessing of the Lord is if you will harken diligently to my voice. That's the Holy Spirit on you telling you what to do. He says, these blessings will accompany you. And then he also goes to say that if you don't do that, this comes on you, which is what we don't want.
Speaker 2: It's called the curse, and we don't participate with the curse. And so what happens. He always gives you the do this, don't do that. You know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 1: So anybody who's in here, who's ever been to a wedding, you have heard First Corinthians, chapter thirteen talked about.
Speaker 2: It's the love verses, right, love.
Speaker 1: Is patient, love is kind, love is gentle. It's not arrogant, rude, proud, or boastful. It's not self seeking. It considers others better than itself. It keeps no record of wrongs. So in those verses, there's fifteen things that's talked about. Seven of them are love is, eight of them are love isn't. So he tells you what it is and what it isn't so you can figure out how to walk.
Speaker 2: Do you know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 1: He doesn't leave his kids without the direction like we're not out here, like, oh what do I do?
Speaker 2: Lord? No, I got direction for you. And so this is how he operates.
Speaker 1: And Pastor Frank last week when you were talking about I believe it's First Corinthians, excuse me, Second Corinthians, and it was chapter eleven, maybe like verse four or something.
Speaker 2: We don't have to put it up right now, but.
Speaker 1: He was talking about Paul talking to the church about the gospel that they had received from Paul and making sure that the gospel that they had received was accurate too, the real gospel. And he was talking to them about a spirit having been on them and that they didn't want to receive a spirit that wasn't the true gospel, the one that Paul preached. And he was talking about how if Paul hadn't been careful, it could have.
Speaker 2: Killed Paul if that spirit had been on him, because he received a false gospel.
Speaker 1: He was talking about this pertaining to the thorn in the flesh, and which I don't believe is a physical malady. We were talking about this preparing food in the kitchen or something at the desert auction. I don't believe it's a physical malady. I think that's a bunch of junk. It was it was a spiritual It was a messenger of Satan sent to buffet him.
Speaker 2: This was a spiritual thing. It was not physical.
Speaker 1: So if you anyhow, if you believe that's physical, you need to keep looking.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: So Christians have been robbed of their faith because they don't understand scripture and they can't rightfully divide it.
Speaker 2: So that's kind of meddling. I'm sorry. Please forgive me, Lord, Please forgive me, Please forgive me.
Speaker 1: A lack of Thanksgiving brings opposition from the Lord as well as stirring anger.
Speaker 2: What does Thanksgiving look like? I think Thanksgiving looks like you wake.
Speaker 1: Up in the morning because we're talking about what it is and what it isn't. It's not grumbling, it's not complaining, it's not whining.
Speaker 2: Right, what is it?
Speaker 1: I think it looks like waking up in the morning and saying, today is the day the Lord has made I will rejoice and be glad in it. I think it looks like making your espresso and saying thank you Jesus that you gave me this espresso maker. I think it looks like getting up and opening up your Bible.
Speaker 2: And then you're like, Lord Jesus, thank you that I get.
Speaker 1: To have a new international version and I also get to open my phone and have a new American standard and a message translation and the passage translation. Like I've never been in an easier time in human.
Speaker 2: History to be a Christian.
Speaker 1: Like come on, Like, I think Thanksgiving looks like you could have said thank you Jesus one hundred times before you got to work, one hundred times before you got to work. There should The three words that should roll and emanate out of your mouth more than any others on the planet is thank you and Jesus or Lord, whatever you want to throw in there, both are good. If those words aren't the three most prolific coming out of your mouth, it might be that we're not.
Speaker 2: Yet walking in the full level of gratitude that we ought to have. Frank was referencing it was a.
Speaker 1: Good word, you did, great job, and he was referencing doctrines of demons, and I actually think that Christians sometimes pastor Dwayne does a good job and recover or restored life. I'm sorry with this, but I think that sometimes Christians can partner with doctrines of demons and they don't know that they are. If you look at our world right now, this concept I'm talking about of thanksgiving being an act of worship and God's outstretched arm is over you, Toda, if you get what this is, it's a spiritual thing.
Speaker 2: It's not just a physical act.
Speaker 1: The words that come out of your mouth are a response of what's in your heart.
Speaker 2: Correct.
Speaker 1: So we're living in an interesting day and age because most of what Christian people not in you guys, not in New Horizon and other churches out there, not us, But a lot of times what happens is that Christian people, without realizing it, have bought into something called the spirit of entitlement.
Speaker 2: And the spirit of entitlement is in.
Speaker 1: Direct opposition to the real gospel that Paul preached, and it's actually a doctrine of demons. And if you think I'm crazy, what I'm going to share with you is that in recent years, all of a sudden, it's become people's perspective that everybody's supposed to have a cell phone paid for by the government, that the government is actually supposed to pay for your rent and everything else for you.
Speaker 2: And then what you do is you take the money that you have and then you use that for entertainment, the movie theater. You can use that for a new video game cartridge.
Speaker 1: It's someone else's job to pay for your cell phone and to pay for your housing. And I'm going to tell you that that's a spirit attached to that, and it's called a spirit of entitlement. It's how we just have created a couple of people who are socialists who've actually won office in our nation. And that's because a spirit of entitlement is out there.
Speaker 2: It's the spirit of the day, it's the cultural spirit of the day. But it's in.
Speaker 1: Direct opposition to the true gospel that Paul preached. Because if I look at the parable the minas, if I look at the parable the talents, if I look at he who's faithful with little will be faithful with much. I could give you so much stuff to absolutely prove to you in two seconds flat that the spirit of entitlement is not from God. And unfortunately, sometimes Christian people, without realizing it, we may partner with that a little bit.
Speaker 2: And if we partner with that a little bit, do you know what spirit's not at work in us?
Speaker 1: The spirit of thanksgiving. The spirit of thanksgiving is juxtaposed to the spirit of entitlement. Because the spirit of thanksgiving says, Lord, I have nothing apart from you gave it to me, and You're good, and I love you and I appreciate you. This is not true with the people of New Horizon. This is not so for the people of New Horizon. There is a never enough spirit that we can fall prey to and partner with. If we're not aware that there's a lion seeking whom he may devour. I'm going to tell you something. I believe that there. I believe that there is something called the woe is Me spirit, and a good cartoon character that.
Speaker 2: Would express it would be e Or.
Speaker 1: And I believe that that spirit, it likes to whine, It likes to complain, it likes to grumble. The scriptures we just read in the Old New Testament whine, complain, grumble, be unthankful.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: And I believe that if we're to walk the way God would have us walk, we do not want to partner with that spirit. We want to rebuke that. We want to reject that spirit. We want to say no to that spirit. So if He's always letting us know what not to do and what to do, I want you to listen to this scripture. This is First Thessalonians five sixteen through eighteen. We're gonna read this together.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Rejoice, always, pray, continually, give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.
Speaker 2: You know, sometimes people will say, I don't know what the will.
Speaker 1: Of God is. Well, boom, there it is. That's the will of God for your life right there. Rejoice, always pray, continually give thanks in all circumstances. For this is the will of God for you in Christ Jesus. So next time you're wondering what's his will, I want you to take this verse and I want you to put this on your refrigerator. I want you to put this on a post it note. You put this on your bathroom mirror. This is the will of God for you. What else does he tell us to do? Let's go to Colossians three point fifteen. Let the peace of Christ rule in your heart, since as members of one body, you were called to peace and be thankful.
Speaker 2: Let the message in quiet Christ dwell.
Speaker 1: Among you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom through psalms him songs from the spirit, singing to God with gratitude. There's that word again, gratitude in your hearts. Thanks and gratitude. Toda eucharista, you see it, Colossians two six through seven. So, then, just as you receive Jesus Christ as your lord, continue to live your lives in Him, rooted and built up in Him, Strengthen in the faith as you were taught and overflowing with thanksgiving. If I'm not overflowing with thanksgiving. And if you're not overflowing with thanksgiving, this passage says rooted and built up in him. It might be that our roots aren't quite deep enough. It might be that our roots are kind of shallow. Actually, So if the roots aren't deep enough, we need to be meditating on this and we need to be expressing more thanksgiving.
Speaker 2: Thankfulness is your superpower. I'm telling you, if.
Speaker 1: I could get this across to you, if you will pick that you know how in scripture, put off, put on? You know what I'm talking about the contrast again, if you can put this on and keep it on, it is a superpower. Like you are acting evading God's hand on your life.
Speaker 2: There is there is no obstacle that He will not overcome for you. If you will put on this cape. I'm telling you, you don't know how powerful this is. You just do it. Wow.
Speaker 1: Wow. If you're talking about what you do not have, what you cannot do, and you're feeling sorry for yourself, you are not walking in thanksgiving. I'm seeing three Lipenski children on the second row. They would if I said Lapenske's do not they would finish this statement they would say, they're they're all shaking their head.
Speaker 2: They agree.
Speaker 1: So apart from the other scripture they said the most when they were kids is they'd be like fighting in the back seat and we would say, my wife, do all that you can to live in peace with everyone.
Speaker 2: That's like that was the scripture of our house.
Speaker 1: But apart from that, they would say, lipenskis, do not talk about what they do, not have what they cannot do, and they never ever ever feel sorry for themselves because you're beating up the spirit of entitlement. You're beating up the spirit of woe is me when you do that. If you can get this in somebody's heart and get it so it's coming out of them, what happens is you're destroying the demonic realm as you do this. Lord, there was a gentleman, I'm going to give you a story of contrast in thirty.
Speaker 2: Seconds, am I doing? Okay?
Speaker 1: Okay, thirty seconds the story of contrast. So I have this lady that I saw I was talking to in the past week and a half. She's probably one of the most incredible Christian women I've ever met. I think she's got I don't know if she's ninety two or what she is. But she is the most pure hearted, genuine sweet woman. She's the grandma you wish you had. Okay, this woman said to me last week, She said to me, so she does not come from a branch of Christianity that we would come from, and so her branch of Christianity is a little bit different.
Speaker 2: But she was sharing with me that she had these.
Speaker 1: Like two life hymns that she loved, and one of them was called I think it was count your Blessings. Well, I don't know any hymns because I grew up a heathen. But this woman, you can see in her kids and her grandkids and her great grands kids.
Speaker 2: You can watch the spirit. Thankfulness is a spirit. You can watch it over her life, over her children's life, over her grandchildren, her great you can watch it over all them.
Speaker 1: And her two favorite hymns are count your Blessings, and it was something else about Thanksgiving. I have an interaction with this lady, and I'm like, this woman is going to receive the largest crown in heaven. She'll be the one that nobody down here knows, and in heaven we're all going to be looking at her like, she's the one. That same day, I had this experience where I was engaging with a person and I've known the person for probably eighteen twenty years. They love Jesus, great person. They and their wife were in a room. I walked in the room and I said to them. I said to him, I said, well, what's been the biggest blessing in you're past couple of weeks? And the person's response to me was this, So I'm gonna I want you to watch me first.
Speaker 2: This was their posture, look at my lip. Well, I don't know that I have anything to be thankful for. I really wish the Lord would just do something for me.
Speaker 1: This is somebody who is a blood bought believer who knows Jesus, who has four kids and a whole bunch of grandkids. And I said to him, I was like, well, you woke up this morning and you flipped a light switch, you turned on a faucet, and you had water.
Speaker 2: I'm like, you went to a fridge and you had food. And he was like well yeah.
Speaker 1: So I'm like trying to talk him into being happy and so he no. Seriously, I do this to people, those of you who know me, I do this to you on purpose? What's the biggest blessing in your I do this. It's a question I ask everybody because I'm trying to reformat their thinking to be this okay, I don't want to let them stay in the thinking that they're in. I'm going to ask them a question that's going to spur this on. And if they don't cooperate with me, which is this particular guy, he was just still being super woe is meism and moping and whining. And I started sharing a lot of his blessings with him because I know a lot of his blessings. And he said to me, he said, you know, he said, you're awfully happy most of the time. And I said, I know because Jesus loves me and we got a good gospel. And he said, brother, things are getting darker. And he was like, what do you think about that? So I spent about ninety seconds and I told him, I said, well, it just so happens that we might think a little different on a couple things. I said, the thing you're looking forward to this day that's so terrible and shouldn't be a pregnant or a nursing mother. It's going to be so bad, I said, I actually am not looking forward to that day. I believe that day already happened. And so I believe that day happened in seventy eighty. And if you would look at the writings of the Jewish historian Josephus, you would see that the streets were running with blood. It was a terrible day. That day happened, and we shouldn't be looking forward to that day. So you know what you have to look forward to? And ever expanding kingdom?
Speaker 2: Do you know what you have to look forward to?
Speaker 1: Have the glory of the Lord covering the waters?
Speaker 2: Oh, my lord, you have the glory.
Speaker 1: Of God coming and a revival coming, and you're sitting here moping, whining and compla. I didn't say those parts, But what I did tell him is I tried to spur him on, and then I encouraged him. I gave him some theology, and I said, let's talk more about this. I'll recommend you read some things in the way, look at some things. Okay, do you know between these two contrasts, the sweet little lady who's two favorite hymns are count your Blessings, and this guy over here that's super blessed.
Speaker 2: But is ere.
Speaker 1: Do you know you can see the spirit on him. It's so it's so palpable, it's so tangible, like you can see this thing from a mile away. It's like you're just looking at it and you're like, oh, I'm walking into this, and then you walk over here and you're like, oh, my Lord, this is Mother Teresa. And I'm just telling you that the spirit of Thanksgiving will open up the gates of heaven. The veil has been torn over your life. And if we walk around moping, complaining, whining, grumbling, we're actually grabbing a needle and thread and trying to sew that thing back together.
Speaker 2: That from the bottom that he ripped from the top.
Speaker 1: Do you get it? And we don't participate with that? Come on, okay, we need to be done. I'm gonna have you stand up.
Speaker 2: The Lord told me that we're supposed to impart He.
Speaker 1: Said, yeah, if I'm gonna tell you to stand up, I want you to put.
Speaker 2: Your arms out ahead of you like this.
Speaker 1: He told me that we're supposed to impart today, the spiritual impartation of Thanksgiving.
Speaker 2: That a spirit.
Speaker 1: So I'm gonna pray over each of you right now, Lord Jesus, we receive the spirit of thanksgiving, the spirit of gratitude, the Todas spirit, the arm of the Lord moving spirit.
Speaker 2: Over our lives, over our families.
Speaker 1: As we meet with our families this week, as we celebrate a meal, we just lift up right now that the spirit of Thanksgiving ruminates in the room. We thank you that the spirit of Thanksgiving is being deposited, that we're depositing it from generation to generation, that kids and grandkids are being just arrested with the deposit of a spirit of thanksgiving. We rebuke grumbling, We rebuke complaining, We rebuke whining, We rebuke the spirit that would be a woe is Me spirit, And we just agree with a spirit of Lord Jesus, you are worthy, You are the exalted One. We are thankful for you, or thankful for what you do for us. And we just agree with the spirit of Thanksgiving moving so mightily in our hearts, in our homes. And we would agree that we actually adopt this not just as a day, but we'll put on our capes.
Speaker 2: We'll agree with the superpower of the spirit of Thanksgiving. Then it would be a it would be a daily event.
Speaker 1: It would be a hallmark, it would be a characteristic, it would be a it would be a fruit of the spirit that would so ruminate and manifest in our lives that the gates of hell can not prevail against it. We just thank you that your Church is prevailing over the gates of hell, and that the spirit of thanksgiving, that spirit of worship to the King, is extending the King's arm, and we agree with it, we partner with it, we put off anything that would be in opposition to it, and we thank you with your hand moving on our thanksgivings this weekend, and as we go through this week, we just say, let more of thanksgiving ruminate out of our hearts, out of our minds, and we agree and participate with it in the name of Jesus