Speaker 1: What a great way to start at the show, since it's Kurt Cobain's birthday or would have been his birthday. More on that momentarily. Ben and Skin Show ninety one point one the Eagle. Usually Ben talks first, but he's talking out of his butt on a toilet right now. Oh man, I think he might be better.
Speaker 2: He might be. We were in a tech chain with him earlier.
Speaker 1: And so Christina got the norovirus, KT got the neurovirus, and we assume Ben got it yesterday. But you're both the yall's versions were identical, right, pretty close. Yeah, didn't you throw up fifty pounds worth of vomit? Yes? Yeah, I lost Kat. I don't know about you, but I lost ten pounds in three days. I think I lost like six to eight pounds.
Speaker 2: That is bonker.
Speaker 1: It's bad. But you're evacuating everything in your body and you can't keep anything down eating five days. Yeah, I had like an apple, KT. You told me you lost eight pounds of peen weight. Yeah, it's like damn son, that's your winter and shrinking.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, it is so cold out, so hold out there. God, have you guys seen the weather lately? No, don't don't.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry that was a terrible question. So Ben, maybe we'll be back tomorrow. We're doing our show from the Hurtado Barbecue at the Dallas Farmers Market and this is a big show because we love her Toto Barbecue. Have we confirmed that you'll be there?
Speaker 2: Christina?
Speaker 1: Yes, I'll be there.
Speaker 2: You have? Have you decided to go? O KTI?
Speaker 1: Of course I'll be there, Okay, for the second time. So hopefully there's a humble brag. So hopefully Ben will be there, but if not, the three of us will be there. And we have Dallas Mavericks tickets to give away four tomorrow night's game. All right, so we have four tickets. I think we should give away two pair of two. I don't think we should give four to one person. Do you guys care?
Speaker 2: I don't care. I don't know the rules. I feel like it.
Speaker 1: Okay, sure, yes, it sounds great. Scaling y'all aren't invested in that delay as much as I want?
Speaker 2: You know, there's rules to everything.
Speaker 1: I can bend him, can you?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: We also have disturbed tickets were given away too. What's that four or two? Man?
Speaker 2: Is a four packer? We give like two pairs. I haven't decided. Maybe a solo and three what are you.
Speaker 3: Boy?
Speaker 2: Solo?
Speaker 3: A disturbed ticket?
Speaker 2: What a terrible provision?
Speaker 1: No, concerts by yourself are kind of awesome.
Speaker 2: They are.
Speaker 1: That's because you go in the guitar tech takes you backstage. You're not the normal person, Christina.
Speaker 2: He's playing Metallica's guitar.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Anyways, I talked to our old buddy Sam that we used to work with, and he told me him, his wife and both of his sons had this and it sounded exactly like what you two had. But Ben has not thrown up out of his front butt. Ye, he hasn't had an oral experience, right, But you guys all had a terrible oral experience with.
Speaker 2: War storal experience.
Speaker 1: Yeah, ever, coming to Blater in the show will rank the worst oral I was.
Speaker 2: Thinking about last night. I wish I was wearing like a helmet all the time. Yeah, but during.
Speaker 1: Really that oral experience, did your.
Speaker 2: Head just keep banging off? No bibblehead just shaking? That's terrible.
Speaker 1: God, he sounds like a bad experience. Helmet wearing, bibblehead, kt projectile vomiting.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: That makes me want to play the intro.
Speaker 2: Screaming love.
Speaker 1: Make it.
Speaker 2: I hope you don't get it ties right now, you're ready, ready, ready, ready, wit.
Speaker 4: Epan win, I'll show you goal rubinhead, sim look sweet, pursuing it told out Shaw shank through the sewer, Kid now with chilling at the Eagle. Yeah, we're doing it.
Speaker 2: Three o'clock on the Doc.
Speaker 4: Got a habit for my house a goat status Howard starting kid craddit shows that enough multiplied like a rabbit tune end zone out, crank it up, Pete the habit.
Speaker 2: I'm on a hang out with a friend, rocking on the radio. My moistens talking on the radio. It's time to to this walk.
Speaker 1: Oh bakt Christine, enough.
Speaker 3: All up on the radio. All right.
Speaker 1: As we mentioned right after you heard in bloom here on the Eagle, it is would have been the fifty eighth birthday of one Kurt Cobain. And as we're getting ready for the show earlier today, Christina is like, I know a guy who knows a lot about Kurt Cobain, and so we thought, man, that would be badass if we had him on the show. So joining us now on the Bend and Skin Hotline the lead singer of the Nirvana cover band Oatmeal Pizza, which features our own Christina Ray the wonderful Josh. Hello, Josh, how are we doing today?
Speaker 2: Hello, radio friend.
Speaker 3: I'm doing excellent. How are you, guys? Man?
Speaker 2: We're doing great?
Speaker 1: How are you celebrating what would have been Kurt Cobain's fifty eighth birthday?
Speaker 3: Well, I'm not doing what I guess. You know, all the puking talk really coincides really well with this topic, So I'm not bringing in his birthday by puking all over the place. Ben's doing him a lot better justice than I am. I've just been playing guitar like a loser.
Speaker 1: But that's probably what Kurt. Yeah, I'm sure, Josh, Christina here you yes, So you know a ton about Kurt? Is there any like fun fact maybe that a lot of people don't know about him? I mean, it's what's the most fun thing? The guy who committed suicide?
Speaker 2: Something cool that people don't know? Okay?
Speaker 3: You know he started by playing drums, was a drummer originally, and that's what he was trained on in in junior high, in elementary school. Uh, before he you know, really got going and playing guitar and other things. Uh so that was an interesting fact. I think a lot of us who play instruments always started on drums just because that seemed like the easiest thing to do for us lazy folks. And uh then that got that got us a bug by by starting behind the drum set, and then we wanted to do everything.
Speaker 2: So that was.
Speaker 3: That's I don't know, it's a I think that's a cool thing from a musician standpoint, because I think a lot of musicians, especially rock people, that end up playing guitar and bass and other things. We all started out as drummers.
Speaker 2: Josh, this is Kevin.
Speaker 1: Oh hey, Kt, you introduced yourself to a guy that knows you by your nickname.
Speaker 2: So I was wondering yesterday's Skin on the show two days ago. On the show, Skin said something like, all those Nirvana songs are very much Kurt Kobaine songs though right they just they feel like Kurt. I want to know this is I've never really thought about too much. What do you know about his childhood growing up? What took him down such an angsty path? Or was it that different than I guess what we were all going through in our teenage years. You know, his is probably.
Speaker 3: Tale as old as time. His parents got divorced in was ten, and he talks about that in a couple of the different books that have been written. The Azara book Come as You Are like the best one because he spent like the actual most time with Kurt and developing the book, and Kurt was really involved with that whole process and like proofreading every part of it, and they agreed, you know that that would be the truth, the actual true story and if he got to tell it. But he talks about how that divorce when he was ten, like that's what turned him into sort of a melancholy kid going forward, because it wasn't just a divorce, especially when you learn a little bit more about it. It was a pretty volatile childhood situation to the point where he was being passed around by his family to other family members to try to take care of him in the short term because like he didn't have a stable living situation with either his mother or his father for a good period of time, and sort of that not having a place and sort of vagabond nature as such a young kid really shaped a lot of his personality and especially just having this very vibrant inner life that he had all the time. He was a very introspective person, especially for someone at such a young age, like he knew a lot about himself and he had a very good, good grasp on the world. I think, and as much as people would like to say that he's like a voice of the gen X generation, I think that he would bristle at that a little bit. I think that he would say that he was the counterpoint to that generation. He was the one who was calling it out.
Speaker 2: He grew up in.
Speaker 3: It in that sort of junior high and high school atmosphere of a bunch of misogyny, jock macho attitude. That's what all the music was at the time, you know, And so he took the brunt of a lot of that bullying and a lot of that homophobia and misogyny things were directed towards him. And I think he was way ahead of his time by the time, like the late eighties roll around. He's writing songs. He's writing songs that like would are are relevant still today because he was calling out that subject matter and trying to make a more inclusive environment for everybody. So I would say he's more of like a prophet of millennials and Gen Z rather than the voice of Generation X.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was the conduit for what a lot of people were feeling. He wasn't trying to be that, he was just being being honest with what he was articulating everybody. Yeah, Josh, I would love to know when, because I'm not just blowing smoke.
Speaker 2: You guys are great live.
Speaker 1: In fact, I feel like I don't see you enough because every time I go, I enjoy it. You guys give me a couple opportunities for our listeners to see Oatmeal Pizza, the best Nirvana cover band in all the land, featuring our own Christina Ray Along. You're on lead vocals. Christina plays guitar along with you. When can we see you guys again?
Speaker 3: We are doing a big farewell show to Andy's and Denton. The staple club there on Denton Square is closing down. This weekend will be their last weekend of operations, so we're doing the last Sunday show at Andy's this Sunday, February twenty third. It's an early show. It starts at seven or seven thirty and then everything finishes up before ten TMS, so no worries about a school night or missing work the next morning or anything like that. But come out to that one. That'd be a nice one to have a toast and bid farewell to the greatness of Andy's. And then after that, the next time we play is March twenty second.
Speaker 5: I think that's at dan.
Speaker 3: Silverleaf and that'll be a matt and a show. So do you want to come hang out and do some day drinking on a Saturday afternoon. Come to that one.
Speaker 2: It sounds wonderful.
Speaker 1: Last time I saw you, guys, was actually at Andy, So that'll be a great show Sunday. Josh, thank you for the insight. We appreciate you. We'll see you later. Man, thanks for having me on. Love you guys. We love him. That is Josh of Oatmeal Pizza. You just went to Kentucky with him, didn't you? Sure did, Yeah, Man and his lovely wife.
Speaker 2: It was really fun.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you for booking Josh. It is you know, it is funny. Some of the things he was saying there made me have a lot of thoughts on the Kurt Cobain experience. It's different for you guys, because you guys were like little kids when he took his life I Yeah, I never really appreciated Nirvana or Kurt as a lyricist in all of that until I joined Oatmeal Pizza. Maybe we'll find some time later in the show to pontificate on all that, because all of our Eagle listeners love Nirvana, all right. Coming up next, Kevin has a special surprise that'll pit me against Christina once again. We're enemies, and we'll show it to you next right here on ninety seven point one The Eagle all right, so been and Skin Show ninety some point one The Eagle Day two have been fighting off the sick. Hopefully he'll be back tomorrow when we are live at her Toado Barbecue in the Dallas Farmers Market. We're gonna be giving away lots of tickets and lots of different things, including tickets to tomorrow night's MAVs Pelicans game. So if you come one in person, you can then take the tickets down to the other side. Like we're going to be in the Farmers Market, we'll just drive ten minutes away and then go to the mav game. If you win those tickets, got to be there in person. Three to six. Now we also have another way you can win math tickets, but it's to the game that's a week from tonight when they played the Hornets, the same Hornets team that beat the Lakers last night. Maybe we'll talk about that in sports a little bit later, but they play the Hornet's a week from tonight, and we're going to give away two tickets right now. The first person using the iHeart app, the free streaming iHeart app, which is so great. There's a talkback feature. If you use that talkback feature, which is a microphone, you can see when you're listening, you can leave a message, leave your name, your phone number, your email address, and the first person answer this question. And the last segment we had on Josh from Christina's band Oatmeal Pizza. Why did we have Josh on? If you were listening, you know, And the first person that can tell us is gonna win those mav tickets. That game is going to be a week from tonight. Good luck everybody, But right now it's time for this.
Speaker 2: Juicy news hot God, every stay on top in the All right, what are you doing?
Speaker 6: Dude?
Speaker 2: I think one of the great shows happening in our time right now that you can really just jump in if you want. It's pop culture Jeopardy. It's so good. Is it better than the floor. It's better than the floor. It's it's better than regular jeopardy.
Speaker 1: What is it?
Speaker 2: It's pop culture jeopardy. But the teams are teams of three. Oh and your host of the most is Colin Jost and he is very good. Yeah, and it's they got a little like tournament style knockout round going. Is it famous people? No? Okase's regular joke. Yeah, it's a bunch of it's much of nerds that go do trivia all right, you know those are my people?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: No, not people too.
Speaker 1: By the way, I really need you sometime in March to go do another music trivia with me.
Speaker 2: March. Would you be down? God, that's real quick, man, it's a quick turnaround. I mean yeah, fine, coming on the spot. Fantastic stuff I gotta do in March. I gotta go the doctor. Yep.
Speaker 1: We had so much fun though that it was fun. And you're you're a lot like Colin Joe's. I mean no, don't you think?
Speaker 2: Christina? Absolutely keep casting them. So here we go.
Speaker 1: So I have given you guys five categories? What are they?
Speaker 2: That's what I was distracted by they're on the board. Yep, they are. There's three in each category. We're not gonna do five your traditional five, so three in each category. So your categories are rock stuff on the clock. This is BS twenty first century Album of the Year, Grammy winners and tv A tv M A. Christina, you won the toss backstage. Gross, you have control of the board. You'll just do them for uh, you know, one, two or three. You get the you know, you.
Speaker 1: Get one hundred points, two hundred points, a three hundred points. Now we'll just do one, two and three. You divided each one by one hundred. Yeah, it's just easier to do the math that way.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: Okay, really, let's start with rock stuff one hundred. By the way, I need your buzzing words. Oh you buzz in on this?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, minus butt stuff.
Speaker 2: Okay, Latte lata. She looked over at her coffee and he but she's lamp. First thing she saw, good job brick, that was good. Yep. Okay, rock stuff for one. Yes, Carrie Brownstein played guitar and sang for some stuff.
Speaker 1: Oh shoot, Portlandia, what is Portlandia?
Speaker 2: That's correct? For one point? Yes, yes, for Slater Kenny before starring in this IFC sketch comedy show, I'd bailed out dude again one.
Speaker 1: This might be a little tough.
Speaker 2: Okay, Skinny, you control the board. Uh, Let's stay on rock stuff for two. This actor is also the front man of the band thirty seconds to.
Speaker 1: Mars Oh Latte, Christina Jared Letto?
Speaker 2: That is oh?
Speaker 1: What is who is Jared Leto?
Speaker 2: Yes? And what we would have accepted? What is Jared Letto too?
Speaker 4: What is?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 2: They may have a new album coming out. Okay.
Speaker 1: By the way, all right, you have the board you okay, yep on the sea lock.
Speaker 2: For one, on the clock for one hundred. Okay. This rat pioneer was known for wearing a clock on his chain around his note by stuff, skin do you want to take it? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Because I might not get the other ones?
Speaker 2: Go ahead?
Speaker 1: Who is flavor flav girl?
Speaker 2: Mic Off? No, that was amazing, idiot. She forgot her buzzword too, Chris, you have control of the board. Had a three to one lead.
Speaker 1: Let's stay on the clock two hundred.
Speaker 2: Jimmy Buffett teamed up with Alan Jackson for this song. Just so I know the rules.
Speaker 1: If you get it wrong, you lose the point, right, yeah, and this is a two pointer now I'm thinking of a Willie Nelson song, so Jimmy buff Oh no, Christina, it's five o'clock somewhere.
Speaker 2: What is five o'clock somewhere? That's correct, Christina, up to five. I'm want to write that down too, along with late. I surprised can didn't know that one king of country music over that.
Speaker 1: I was thinking beer for my horses. But yeah, okay, Christina, you have control the board. Yes, we'll go back to rock stuff three.
Speaker 2: Hundred, rock stuff at three hundred this actor, I'm sorry, I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 2: This term for a rock music genre became popular thanks to Steppenwolf's Born to Be Wild.
Speaker 1: Butt Stuff skin What is heavy metal? That is correct?
Speaker 2: Heavy metal? Would you have to take some time and explain that one to me because I saw that and just didn't really know it. Hit metal, thunder Ah. Steppenwolf created heavy metal. They didn't. The first is weird?
Speaker 1: They so the first heavy metal song most people think as your carpet, right, No, it's blue cheer.
Speaker 2: Uh the school song.
Speaker 1: I forgot the name of it anyways, No, No, it's blue. People think that the blue cheer song is the first metal song, but they name checked it.
Speaker 2: Okay, Christina, five skin for skin, you have control of the board. Rock stuff is closed. I'll take tv m A Kevin for two for two. Lily tom One played the voice of Miss Frizzle when this series of kids books. Aim Christina, what is the magic school bus? That's correct to Christina had no idea what that was. That is now voiced by Kate McKinnon. You have the board.
Speaker 1: Yes, let's do TV M A for one hundred.
Speaker 2: Damn Gina was a catchphrase from this ninety sitcom.
Speaker 1: TV I should know a ninety sitcom.
Speaker 2: All answers will start with m A.
Speaker 1: Oh huh does not help me at all? Skin go ahead, no one, no, no, we were looking for Martin.
Speaker 2: Oh dude, we were looking for Martin.
Speaker 1: My bad Christina.
Speaker 2: Seven skin for yelling at us? Right now, Christina, you still have control of the board.
Speaker 1: Let's start. This is BS one hundred.
Speaker 2: This is one hundred right. His seventy plus hot country songs on the Billboard charts include the More I Drink Came here to forget Drink on It, and Sangria Latte. Christina Blake, who is Blake?
Speaker 1: Shelton.
Speaker 2: Who is Blake Shelton is correct? For one point? Christina eight skin four? I guy, if.
Speaker 1: People want to know why I'm laughing, they should see skins face out, Christina stuff control the board. Yes, let's go ahe and finish out TVMA for three.
Speaker 2: This series finale ended with the iconic Hilltop commercial from Coca Cola. Oh, Christina, what is mad Men? That is correct? Christina?
Speaker 1: I never saw eleven mad Men? Now I stopped watching season one.
Speaker 2: That's so you man, Christina, you have a seven point lead and control of the board.
Speaker 1: This is BSKT for two hundred.
Speaker 2: This Jersey guy had twelve top ten hits but has never had a number one hit. But stuff skin, you said twelve top ten hits but never a number one?
Speaker 1: Who is Bruce Springsteen?
Speaker 2: That is correct? And by now you've probably got the bs trend of the category. Mmmm, this is Blake Shelton.
Speaker 1: Yeah, totally totally had that.
Speaker 2: Christina eleven skin six? Uh?
Speaker 1: Whatever is left on the bs for three.
Speaker 2: The book Bad Boy Boogie was written about this troubled classic rock front man. Oh h.
Speaker 1: There's no brads.
Speaker 2: The book Bad Boy Boogie was written about this troubled classic rock front man, I guess, but you have a five point lead.
Speaker 1: It's up the year here. If you guess, I'll guess, all right, Latte Christina, Bob Seeger.
Speaker 2: That's incorrect. Yep, Christina, down to eight.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna guess.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, no, no, no blame.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, but stuff?
Speaker 2: Okay. Who is Billy Squire? That's also incorrect. The answer we're looking for is Bond Scott. Oh my wow.
Speaker 1: Yesterday was the anniversary of yeah death.
Speaker 2: The other book written by him written about him is Highway to Hell. That would have given it away, though.
Speaker 1: Yeah, bs's butt stuff as well.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, butt stuff is done.
Speaker 1: That's great, Christina Christina eight?
Speaker 2: Skin three. Christina has control of the board.
Speaker 1: Oh, twenty first century Grammy Album of the Year winners for one hundred two.
Speaker 2: Thousand and five. Oh, I will name the album You Tell Me the Band two thousand and five, How to Dismantle and Tough Stuff Skin Who is You? Two? That is correct? Skin up to four? Next one? That was the iPod graphic two thousand and nine. Fearless, Oh, Christina? He Swift? That is Swift? Who is Taylor Swift? Fift to ten? Okay, Christina is let's do the next and a six point lead the diction twenty twelve babbel.
Speaker 1: Okay, and let me just say b A B E L babble. Yes, I have no idea I should know this and I don't.
Speaker 2: Round one of Pop Culture Jeopardy. We have round two coming up. Is this the final question? Forty minutes?
Speaker 1: There's one after this one? Okay, no one's got this. No good?
Speaker 2: We were looking for Mufford and Sons twenty twelve. Good. I'm not so disappointed in myself. On the clock for three, the final category of the A final question of the category and the round. This singer's great granddad helped establish daylight savings time in Britain. So no wonder.
Speaker 1: He wrote a song called clocks but suff Skin. Who is Chris Martin?
Speaker 2: Correct? Chris Martin? So Skin up to seven, Christina up to ten. We'll take some time to meet our our contestants and we'll come back. We'll come back for double pop Culture Jeopardy or four. All right, great job, Kevin, Good job, Christina. It is the Ben and Skin Show ninety seven point one. The Eagle coming up next. Let's talk a little MAVs injury news. Let's talk about a little Luca and what else do you want to talk It's the most shocking injury really in sports I've ever seen in my life.
Speaker 1: Okay, we have the most shocking injury in sports ever coming up next right here on the Eagle. All right, it's the Ben in Skin Show ninety seven point one the Eagle. We got lots of stuff going on, including tomorrow we are going to be at her Toado Barbecue in the Dallas Farmers Market and they are the sponsor of this segment. Now, not only do you have the amazing food, the kick ass bar, we love to take carry several Rollertown beer works on tap. That's the brewery Ben and I are partners in. But Brandon has carried Rollertown for a while. In fact his locations at Globe Life. You can buy Rollertown at his locations because Brandon loves partnering with us and we love partnering with him. But man, no joke, it's the best Mexico in town. And I'm not even taking shots anybody else. We went to a new place near where we live, mexicu style and it was good. But I'm su not every one of us was seeing at that table, going, man, this just doesn't touch her tato and I would rather drive to wherever her tato is than eat this. And it's not bad, but when you've had the best, you rock with it, and you're gonna be able to do that with us. Tomorrow three to six, we'll be down there at the Dallas Farmers Market and then we got a bunch of tickets to give away, two, for example, Disturbed tickets. But the thing that's like urgent is we have Mavericks tickets for tomorrow night's game. So you can come down win tickets and then drive over directly to the game. Hell, greet you a big german at hertatos and then get another one at the AAC if you're that lucky if you win those tickets. So we'll give away two pair of Maps tickets, two pair of two okay what we do.
Speaker 2: And tickets for Disturbed. I believe he's dropping a new song tomorrow. I've heard that. So that's on the internet. Yeah, that's going around. That's big and some other stuff. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think we got like some motocross and different things. Oh yeah, Monster Jam. It's gonna be a Dong's outfit. Yeah, Taurus, Oh man, it's come on out and join us. We're gonna have fun. And when you go to her Tato's barbecue, you gotta do the skin Wave special, which is make sure you get at least one brisket tostata.
Speaker 2: Dude, get that. Try a pickle. They do their own pickling. Look if you've never heard a top before, I say, if you want to start out naturally the three meat plate, try a little bit of it all you can. You know you can do that. You can't go wrong.
Speaker 1: Have you ever been in a three meat situation? I haven't recently?
Speaker 2: Yeah? You know what?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: I was thinking that the buttery you tatoes are dope, but I haven't had their burger yet. It's the one thing on their menu I haven't had.
Speaker 1: And everyone's like, get the dude, so wify it's I think it's called Mike's double or something.
Speaker 2: It's a big mic now, big mic. Yeah.
Speaker 1: My wife every time we go, she gets the burger and then eats off my plate so that she can have like the turkey and the brisket, but she gets her burger. She loves her burger so good. What are you gonna eat tomorrow, Christina.
Speaker 2: Brisket lo Te look at her and you're gonna get them bigels on you. I love those.
Speaker 6: Was so good.
Speaker 1: Uh So anyways, that's tomorrow three to six. Would love to see you there. But right now it's time for this.
Speaker 2: Good listeners.
Speaker 3: Here comes KT tweets. Now it's cool around the sports where KT tweets as all the sports.
Speaker 2: Hid a bunch of news. I did not know what I was looking at earlier when I read this report, okay from Sean's Sharnie. It's the NBA insider guy, right, yeah, yeah, yeah. Spurs all star Victor Wimbiyamayama. Wimby is expected to miss the remainder of the season with a deep vein thrombosis. Christina, what do you know about a deep vein thrombosis?
Speaker 1: Sorry, the vein is what.
Speaker 2: It's a deep vein thross. It's a blood flow situation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that sounds like a very mature conversation.
Speaker 2: I saw it and I was like, did he break his penis? But because I can't, I stopped myself. When I see something, you can't break your back. If I would have piled through, I would have read that he has deep vein thrombosis in his right shoulder. Yeah, but because I went deep vein throbbing, he's what off of the year and it's seven foot four.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can only imagine, right, Yeah, the mop So this is a variation I believe of the situation that ended Chris Bosh's career, the old blood clot YESHN. But Brandon Ingram of the New Orleans Pelicans had a similar thing several years ago and he missed the f eighteen games of the year, but he recovered.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So you know, we're weighing our feet here into the waters of medical stuff. But the things that I saw seemed to indicate that they got to it fast enough to where hopefully there's no long term deal.
Speaker 2: They think it's an isolated condition spurs. Yeah, he's an isolated condition and think he will be fully ready to go next year.
Speaker 1: Yes, but that sucks, dude, Oh that does suck. He is Uh, he is a special player. He is the future of the league. He's honestly, this is no hyperbole. He's the greatest basketball prospect of all time. Yeah, all time, sorry, y'all. Uh, and he has just met Oh my god, the gone TV is snot as dried.
Speaker 2: Up on as. Do you see that? It's cold out there, man, cold out there. I think that's the that's the traffic crossing guard in my neighborhood. Is that right? Story on this guy?
Speaker 1: That's Greg, guy's always snotting up. He's the greatest basketball prospectable and sint richardson KT.
Speaker 2: That's the guy. I drive by him pretty much every day. Do you ever knock his I'm gonna give him a Kleenex. No, dude, knock his knee with your fender?
Speaker 1: So uh so uh Me and Ben went to uh this big deal and and Dirk's you know basketball coach was there, the legendary Holger. All right, Holger, and he had been working with him. And Holger said that if Wimby would develop a hook shot, it would be the greatest shot in the history of basketball, and it would be completely unstoppable.
Speaker 2: I'm sure he's working on it.
Speaker 1: Well not now, well not now because the deep main venus throwing bos the scene. But anyways, I and he's made the Old Star team this year. His numbers were outrageous. He's already the best, you know. No offense to Nico, who called Anthony Davis, the best two way player in basketball.
Speaker 2: He's already him. It's wimmy breaking news just hit the wire.
Speaker 4: Oh crap.
Speaker 2: The NFL networks, Tom Pellsero and many others reporting Zach Martin has informed the Cowboys that he is retiring. Oh the great Zach Martin, one of the greatest offensive linemen of all time. Wonderful dude walking away at thirty four. I'm older than Zack Martin. I'm too, good man, y'all are washed. We were one of his first interviews in Dallas, and we definitely had a picture of him that was tough. He had phone and he's weren't some dockers. It's a bad choice. He is such a good dude.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he had a he had a cucumber in his pocket. Yeah, going on. Yeah, he is amazing. And maybe we should play a little clip tomorrow of the frank that Travis pulled on him. I'll round that up for tomorrow, just to just, you know, just a brief little couple of minutes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not r of Zach Erton. I agree. So that's so we're kind of waiting on that because he was doing some interviews, you know, old radio road type stuff at the super Bowl and he's like everyone's talking about Like I'm like, I'm a free agent, but there might have been a lot of teams who want Dude, You're back, is what?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Like his back has been bad, Dude, these guys don't hurt your back, and that's what happened to Tyron.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's still at it. Tyron is still out of its free.
Speaker 2: Agent I think because he's signed with the Jets, but I think he's the one agent again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but man, football is just so vicious and uh it's funny. You know, Zach and Travis and Tyron role buddies on the best offensive line in football. But man, you want to have I mean it's the money is outrageous, right, and there's notoriety and fame and all these things that go along with I mean, most people hate fame, but you know what I'm saying, and it's hard to walk away from it. But like when they go to these events and they see fifty five year old football players and they're going, damn, that guy's younger than my dad and he's walking like that. Yeah, uh wow, Okay out and spend time with your family, right, go do what you want to do and especially if you're one of these guys. It's pretty smart, Like you can take that money you made and invest it and be fine. You know, you don't need to get Yeah, I mean it's hard. Again, you're not going to go find another job probably with a salary like that. It's very rare, So it's hard to walk away. But if you invested your money wisely, you can live great and then also have some investments that bring some stuff back at you. Maybe some of you were business majors and have some ideas the things you want to you know. So if you can walk away in your thirties with that much money in your bank account and literally walk away in your cowboy legend and you're a cowboy legend, I mean that is worth something too.
Speaker 2: Most doing commercials, you know.
Speaker 1: Right, most people think Kim and Larry Allen are the two greatest offensive linemen we ever had.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, I think that's fair. I want to get to the NBA All Star Weekend pull thing. Okay, you may not have it pulled up, got it though? Okay, as you were talking about it yesterday, do you have the comments down there? Yes? Did you have something you wanted to say about it? No?
Speaker 1: No, was there a part that you liked more? I like a certain thing because it makes me look good. So it's it's just a hey, look at me thing. Okay. Whenever we talk about All Star Weekend and what do we got to do to fix it and all this stuff, I had one idea, and I said, if you want to fix All Star Weekend, what you do is you take the twenty four All Stars and you break them up into four teams of six, and then you play a tournament kind of like what they did, but they, you know, brought in the rising stars.
Speaker 2: But I'm saying no.
Speaker 1: You have six guys to a team, four teams, you play a three a three game tournament. You can play to forty to fifty whatever you want. The cash pool is twelve million dollars. Winning team takes all. There's no second place.
Speaker 2: Okay, I like that.
Speaker 1: So you have six guys on a team and they're all trying to make two million dollars a piece in one day. Okay, I was gonna ask why twelve million? But yeah, you know, at first I dropped the number ten, but I was like, well, there's six guys, let's make it two million dollars even a piece. You can get a corporate sponsor to step up and drop that in a heartbeat. And I said, you're like, you know, and the point is to raise the level of competition, really make it mean something. Yeah, and I don't care how much money you make, two million dollars in one day, you're after it, okay. And then I said, people say all the time that, well, they're not going to be competitive. I go, dude, have you ever seen footage of the summer games, the summer pickup games, open run that they play. They go hard? Yeah, because one they're they're egos on the line. They're not it's not it's not an exhibition. They're trying to beat an opponent. Okay, And so you watch those games. Those are badass games. And so in that informal poll, there was three different things that supported everything. As one I think it was Darius Garland I can't remember, said give every guy a million dollars, all right, that'll and then another guy said winner take all, and then I think it was Shay Gilders. Alexander said we need to try to emulate our summer open run games.
Speaker 2: There we go yeah, right.
Speaker 1: And so basically everything I said when they pulled these players. They all said, if you want to fix it, do this, because I was like, I understand the premise, but it's not right. I've seen these guys compete when it doesn't matter, but it matters to them because they're competitive. But it's not an exhibition.
Speaker 2: They're not.
Speaker 1: But if you put that, I mean, think about those golf dudes when they're gambling, like when there's actual money on the line, they show out and I'm a twelve million dollar investment is nothing for All Star Weekend.
Speaker 2: It's nothing.
Speaker 1: And that would give you an unbelievable mini team tournament on a Sunday, and it would small anything that's happened in All Star Weekend in decades. And no, and dude, no concert in between games. Make it before, make it before Saturday.
Speaker 2: Do a party after you know whatever you got all day for that, don't show a concert games. I want to read one thing that article two, and it was what one sentence describes your reaction to the Luca trade. And Wemby, who we started the segment with, said, what I remember from it, what really strikes me is how the MAVs fans are hurting, how they feel. And I was like God, I wish we could have that guy. Uh. The other one that I wanted to point out was or Sorry, he was a g leaguer. I think his name is Devin Pate. No, no, Dink Pate. He plays for Mexico City. Oh ye starts, he said, life goes on. To be honest with you, I'm trying to get in that frame of mind. I'm not there yet, but I I will get there. I'll never forget the time I heard Christina say thank you Dink. Oh that's a little sports fun for you. If you want to go to the MAVs game tomorrow night, join us at her Toto Barbecue tomorrow for a chance to win two pairs of tickets. All right, coming up Neck part two, I said, coming up Nick, part two of Double Pop Culture Jeopardy right here on the Ben and Skin Show ninety seven point one The Eagle.
Speaker 1: Ah, yes, it is the Ben and Skin Show ninety seven point one The Eagle. Thank you for hanging out with us today. Now, this particular segment is brought to you by Roller Town Beer Works, that is the brewery there in Salina, Texas. At Me and Ben are partners. In tomorrow. For example, when We're at her Toto Barbecue. They have the big German and juice serum which is our hazy IPA. Big German is our cole style l that's minimal hops in a smooth finish, easy to drink. They carry both of those on tap. Hertato is just one of many places that carry it. For example, if you go to a Maveri Stars game, it's at the American Airline Center in Cans also on tap on the plaza level. If you go before the game, go to the chop shop and get big German on tap, or go to Happiest Hour and get the big German in can. We also have it at places like Pluckers, Kanye Rosso, on and on. Tell your favorite place they should be carrying. Roller Town Beer Works supporting us, and then if you can make it up to the brewery this weekend. We have lots of great reasons, but I'm super stoked. On Friday, we are re releasing Nectar on Down, which is a badass IPA. It is super juicy and super good and it's part of that Cousin's main Lobster is there. They are delicious and we're gonna have live music as well, so there's always reasons to head up north to Salina. Hit us at the brewery where we have twenty different fresh local beers on tap. And then if you can't, go to grocery stores and pick us up total wine and more, HGB liquor depot, places like that, or of course your favorite watering hole establishment. Now let's hand it over to KT for a little part two of celebrity culture pop Culture Double Jeopardy. Yeah, it's a show on Amazon Prime.
Speaker 2: The debut BCK in December, and I've been having a lot of fun with it because it's great. I feel like I'm smarter because I know them. So I've took questions from Pop Culture Jeopardy to test you guys and run one Christina ten skin seven, So skin your buzz and his butt stuff. Christina is your buzzin is Latte. Let's go ahead and find out for now what the categories are for Double pop Culture Jeopardy. Albums that rock, I'll name the album, you will name the band or artist, Okay, nicknames and aliases, Rap albums, three letter responses, and country stuff Sir. Three questions in each category. The questions do double Christina ten skin seven, Skin your behind. You have control the board.
Speaker 1: I'll do nicknames and aliases for one double e so for two.
Speaker 2: Yeah. This member of Tony Soprano's squad was rumored to have gotten his nickname from his time as a cat burglar. Oh butt stuff skin big pussy. Yes, big pussy is correct. We would have also accepted big puss, all right.
Speaker 1: I didn't watch the Sopranos, so I did.
Speaker 2: Clearly he did because he remembered big pussy. Yeah, because he stole the cat.
Speaker 7: Ye.
Speaker 2: Christina ten skin nine. That was a two pointer skin you are on the clock. Nicknames and aliases for four points. Ozzie Osbourne relished this nickname so much that he used it as the title of his two thousand and five album What Christina, I'm gonna go for it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Prince of Darkness.
Speaker 2: That's correct, The Prince of dark for four points, Christina up to fourteen. Skin at nine, Christina, you have the board.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's just finish that one out for six.
Speaker 2: This classic rock guitars is also known as slowhand but stuff skin. Who is Eric Clapton? That is correct, Eric Slow and Clapton. Your guy who thought there might have thought it would be Conway twenty yeah, because you know you guys.
Speaker 1: Have you guys ever heard the Pointer sister's version of that song?
Speaker 2: No, but it's amazing great, Skin, you have a fifteen to fourteen lead and you have control the board.
Speaker 1: Let's Do Country Stuff for six hundred.
Speaker 2: Up, come on over and The Woman in Me are albums that sold over ten million copies each from this country music star.
Speaker 1: Latte Christina, who is Shania Twain? That's correct?
Speaker 2: Christina up to twenty Wow the controversial titled album The Woman in Me.
Speaker 1: Let's Do Country Stuff to four hundred.
Speaker 2: Four hundred. She followed her arrow to the top of the country music world with seven Grammys, including Best Country Album for Golden Hour.
Speaker 1: Latte Christina, Who's Casey Wesker?
Speaker 2: That's correct? Christina up to twenty four? Wow? Kick at fifteen.
Speaker 1: Finish out Country Stiff for two.
Speaker 2: At the Grammys in twenty twenty four, Tracy Chapman joined him on stage what Stuff, Oh, No Way? Skin, who is.
Speaker 1: The guy known as Jason L No, that's incorrect?
Speaker 2: Minus two? Christina Luke Cohmbes Luke Combs is correct join him on stage for Fastcar. So it's Christina twenty six. Skin thirteen three categories left, Christina, you have control of the board.
Speaker 1: Let's see is three letter responses for two hundred.
Speaker 2: This paper Plane singer was nominated. Who is am I A? That is correct?
Speaker 1: I can't remember my buzzing for get A fifteen I haven't written right in front of me. Rap albums for one for two hundred ninety nine problems.
Speaker 2: Is the leads? Skin see? What is jay Z's Black album? Yes? The Black album two points your skin up to seventeen lead single off the jay Z album that he said would be his last. It will is not his last, but stuff Christina, twenty six, Skin seventeen Rap albums for four hundred. This album by Notorious Big was released two weeks after he was murdered in nineteen ninety seven.
Speaker 1: Who I forgot the name of it? I forgot the name of it right?
Speaker 2: No one wants it, no idea. We were looking for Life after Death. Yes, the album was called Life after Death butt stuff.
Speaker 1: Hold on, I guess that is life after death.
Speaker 2: Christina, twenty six Skin seventeen.
Speaker 1: Rap albums for six hundred six.
Speaker 2: This Cleveland Quintets nineteen ninety nine, album E nineteen ninety ninet Eternal was produced by Easy E.
Speaker 1: Butt Stuff, who is bone Thugs in harmony.
Speaker 2: That's correct. Six points for Skin. He has narrowed the gap. Skin dominated the rap albums category. Christina dominated the country stuff category.
Speaker 1: Albums that Rock for two hundred Kevin go.
Speaker 2: Let's reset the score for those at home. Christina twenty six, Skin twenty three. Okay, two categories left. There are three letter responses to four and the six spot there and then albums that rock the two, four and six all there. Okay, what would you like to do again? Let's do the albums at rock for how much? Two hundred?
Speaker 1: Dukie stuff, dokie but stuff?
Speaker 2: Skin?
Speaker 1: What are you? Just try it again?
Speaker 2: I thought I'm tied. Did you think she beat you to it?
Speaker 1: I thought we said it at the exact same time. I really thought it was a tie, so I just did it again. Well, then, why don't since we both know it, let's just deliver the.
Speaker 2: Count of three. Everyone say what you think it is? Yeah? One, two, three, day that's correct. Two points for each of you. Okay. The point is you both knew it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I thought we I thought we said it the exact same time you. I didn't know we were doing a repeat.
Speaker 2: So we had a I got a a friend is a guy I know, he's a guy I know who was the big Jeopardy Tournamental champions thing last year. And then there was a guy from up north. He was explaining to us the sensors and how that works. Because you're reading the question, you can see it. You're not really listening to the host as much as you're reading ahead. Oh wow, But the sensors, you know, if someone else is it's a tie. So we don't have that technology. So I think what we did worked first.
Speaker 1: I love watching them keep trying to click it and they gets so mad.
Speaker 2: Yea, So yeah, they're probably tired of you hitting it.
Speaker 1: Three setting rock albums for four hundred.
Speaker 2: Christina twenty eight, Skin twenty five for four the color and the shape, but stuff, who are the foo fighters? That is correct? Skin takes a one point lead tween then twenty eight six hundred albums that rock for six hundred for six points silver side up.
Speaker 1: I don't know it, uh no, right right right?
Speaker 2: We were looking for nickelback.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, see that's okay, all right, So we only have two left, right, This is.
Speaker 2: How you remind me. Twenty nine twenty eight Skin leads by one. Let's do the three letter thing for four hundred or four. You might be down with this knoughty by nature, so much stuff? Oh what is opp that's correct? Thirty three for Skins, twenty eight for Christina, A six point question is left. Let's do it. And three letter responses. This is for all the marbles. This is the whole kitten kaboodle. Oh there's no final Jeopardy. I've not done that. Wow, this is it? Okay again Christina twenty eight Skin thirty This is great.
Speaker 1: You're down five. You can either beat me. It is amazing.
Speaker 2: In the category three letter responses, just say rock album, Cody Rhodes is its undisputed champion. But stuff, my god, go ahead, what is.
Speaker 1: W w E? Damn it?
Speaker 2: Judges, Yes, correct w WE just like we knew it would. In on a wrestling question, Jeff Skinwait is your champion of pop culture Jeopardy, you'll advance to the knockout round our tribal leader.
Speaker 1: There is me or Cody Rhodes.
Speaker 2: No, see that's a wrestling joke.
Speaker 1: He doesn't even get but he got it.
Speaker 2: I would sit her going is it n w O? We'll look back at this game, and we'll realize is if Christina knew her buzzword, she would have done way better.
Speaker 1: I got problems.
Speaker 2: Her buzzword was a problem. See butt stuff is so memorable. Yeah it is.
Speaker 1: Ask anyone lat Is, just ask anyone who has ever played Jeopardy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, what.
Speaker 1: Are we doing that?
Speaker 2: We've had some awkward television chemistry that I would like to display for you, and involves a story about Beaver's. Oh and I do think we should discuss a little more Kurt Cobaine on his fifty eighth birthday.
Speaker 1: I love all that. We'll do it next right here on ninety seven point one The Eagle. You know who's got badass pizzas Andrews American Pizza Kitchen, And there are the sponsors of this here segment right here, incredibly delicious pies, good pasta. In fact, you know, I told you guys, I went on Monday and I got like a bee fragou pasta dish and I had some leftover. It was my lunch today and it heated up so premium. And that's because they give you so much damn food and then it reheats badass. Five different styles of pizza and they have mastered all five of them. Best pizza in Dallas. Not just me saying it, not just Kati or Christina saying it, not Big Ben saying it, but the readers of the Dallas Morning News said it. Best pizza in town. Can't be touched. We love it. They got a great bar, great pasta dishes, great environment right there at Preston and Plano Parkway. Go see them. It's Andrew's American Pizza Kitchen. We have moved the Today game to the bottom of this hour. You must listen live. It's the only segment we won't podcast. But right now it's time for this.
Speaker 6: And now it's time for Basis week Day up Day, featuring veteran news anchor Katie fun Tweets. Here are the important stories he's currently tracking from around the world.
Speaker 2: Yeah, normally it has something local, but I've found a couple of things that from the world of wildlife I wanted to bring to you real quick.
Speaker 1: Okay, So this lady had a squirrel in her car.
Speaker 2: So he's in a parking lot and there's a guy who's like poking inside the hood of her car and trying to get the squirrel out. So tot so it's preventing her car from starting. But the story usually the squirrel gets out and then kind of is a bold squirrel and he's he's bolds hanging out on her windshield and then on our door. But her voice is the real thing we're listening for here.
Speaker 3: Okay, oh my god, Oh my god, Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Bro O my.
Speaker 1: God, sound like Jesus. Okay, why did you start sounding like Robert F.
Speaker 2: Kennedy Jr. It's so crazy. Her voice just got so crazy. The squirrels, you know, spouting and freaking out, and he jumps over here to get the zoomies. The squirrel was also wearing black face. I see. It was Ben in the hood of her car, and he had dipped his head into some oil. Oh man, that squirrel is gonna get canceled. But she was still laughing at that. He my god, sound like, who is that guy? It's a guy's like her husband, I guess. Or what the hef? Do you sound like Jesus? That's the best.
Speaker 1: So when you laughed that hard you can't even talk. I feel like if you grab that and edit it a little bit, whenever we're laughing, you can just play that like a laugh drag or play it with a laugh drack Jesus, Jesus, I don't like you.
Speaker 2: Chicago as we will go. Now this is just awkward television chemistry. There is a pregnant beaver in the Chicago River. Okay, they're gonna have a contest where you can name the beaver, name the wet beaver. So here we go. Just you get the idea.
Speaker 7: Well, beaver with a big, possibly pregnant belly living along the Chicago River has gone viral on social media and now environmental nonprofit Urban Rivers wants your help to name this beaver, and Sammy Clark, beaver researcher with Urban Rivers, joins us Live to discuss the contest, also the uptick of beaver sidings along the Chicago River. It's fun to have you on, Sammy, thanks for being here, Thanks so much for me all right, so tell us what is so special about this beaver and where she has shown up on the Chicago River.
Speaker 5: Okay, so this fever is in the Bubbly Creek area. Seeing this individual looking so plump, especially this time of year, gives us hope that it's possible that it could be the female pregnant again.
Speaker 7: Okay, so they're not beaver body shaming, right, we think that the beaver is probably not.
Speaker 5: We have been seeing a number of different beavers of various sizes here, so yeah, it's been very.
Speaker 2: Exciting to watch.
Speaker 7: And so it is not just the beavers, right, because if you look, you can see some I want to say predators, right that are also, oh my.
Speaker 2: God, beavers and predators.
Speaker 1: Don't know he's describing a bar near a college.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you can see some I want to say predators, right that are also hanging around the frozen river.
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely, Okay.
Speaker 7: Well that also is the call out about the name suggestions. I noticed a couple of good ones that I'll just share. A damn Ryan was a good one, and also Sigourney Beaver. What for some of the other names?
Speaker 2: And how can people jump into the this says so bad?
Speaker 1: Pretty good?
Speaker 2: Is great? It's good.
Speaker 1: What was the other one?
Speaker 2: Get that?
Speaker 1: I'll get it either. That must be like a Chicago things.
Speaker 5: Well one of my favorites is rotundra.
Speaker 2: What that's all we got? This is why you can't just let anybody go on TV and you gotta have something. They gotta add something. So what she looked like she's like a scientist. Glasses pasty. Okay, oh, she looks like a Scottish scientist. I don't remember. I don't really. What do you mean you don't remember? Weather update Tomorrow should be the last day of extreme cold right now, looking at my watch, thirty three degrees all right, So we did break an eighty six year daily cold temperature record today getting down to twelve cool.
Speaker 1: Look at us when Monday's like seventy one as a high, right.
Speaker 2: I think take the day off high sixties and low seventies next week. Golf it up, dude, I'm dying to Thursday morning. Today we hit a low of twelve degrees. So that is the lowest temperature we have had since nineteen thirty nine. I will never forget that. I thought, sure, I thought we've hit below that before. As we always talk about real feels and wind cheels. He's saying, dude, all you're saying on this day, you think that's what it is? Yeah, that's what it is. That's the coldest it's been on that day. Man, I don't know, you'll see you think it's been colder than that. It felt like one the other day. I think it's been colder than twelve degrees in the city.
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely, the hell when the whole city stopped working four years ago, I guarantee you below twelve degrees say it's.
Speaker 2: More happenstance than on February twentieth. Today's the coldest. It's not even a record, it's just a note. It's the coldest it's been on that day. Bro Okay. As we also mentioned earlier, our good friend Zach Martin, who is retiring from the Dallas Cowboys, it's fantastic. Today's the birthday would have been the birthday. What's still the birthday of Kurt Cobain. He's right, and if only he were here to celebrate with us. Do we know what year Kurt passed? Was it twenty four ninety four?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: The unplugged thing was the last thing he did, right, and I think it came out after he died, right, do you guys know.
Speaker 2: April fifth, ninety four is when he died. I don't know when Unplugged came out.
Speaker 1: Okay, I could be wrong with all that. It was around the same time.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: That the lilies were like a big deal because of that too. Yeah, I think like he taped it and then it came out after he died, I believe. But I was thinking about this so earlier. We had our buddy Josh Campbell of Oatmeal Pizza. He's the lead singer, and he does a really good job of, you know, embodying Kurt on stage and sounding like Kurt. And that's if you don't know, maybe I'm being presumptuous. Our own Christina Ka Ray Ray is the guitarist in Oatmeal Pizza. And you guys have a gig Sunday in Denton at Andy's.
Speaker 2: Yep, what time?
Speaker 1: A farewell to Andy's. I believe doors are at seven thirty, Okay. And so when we had Josh on he was talking about, you know, we were talking about this whole idea of what Kurt meant and all that stuff. And Josh started talking about the kind of life that Kurt Cobain had been through. And so I'm I'm four years younger than Kurt Cobain, Okay, So he's pretty much my you know era right, he's gen X, but I feel pretty close to him an agent.
Speaker 3: Then.
Speaker 1: Also, you know, I was whatever I was twenty three about Stern twenty four when he died, and one of the things Josh was talking about is that Kurt did not like to be like the voice of a generation, or that was in his goal to be the voice of a generation.
Speaker 2: But one of the ways.
Speaker 1: That those things I was thinking about this while he was telling us, this is one of the ways that those things happen is because they are not trying to do that. They just embody what a lot of people are going through. And when I started thinking about his parents got, you know, divorce when he was ten. I could be wrong, there may be stats, but I do believe that my generation is the first generation in America that had widespread divorce. Really, I believe so. Now there was divorce before that, huh, But I think that there were before that because of how society was. I think there was a lot of women that stayed in very unhappy marriages.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because they didn't want to be judged. They're saying the divorce revolution. This is just online real quickly, the evolution of divorce. Couple of articles are about the sixties and seventies. Seventies is you know, yeah, yeah, so sixties, Yeah, especially with how you look at.
Speaker 1: Like religion and things like that. Yeah, you're just like I'm saying, we have to do. There's a lot of people that stayed in unhappy marriages. And I can even remember in the neighborhood I grew up in when different families started getting divorced. You know, I would have been I would have been late seventies, you know, when it first started happening, and then it carried over into the eighties, and so things happen societally, and it's not all everything happening at once. It's just a culmination of what's happening with the country and how people feel. And then you go back on it a decade later and look back and you go, oh, well, this thing was happening. It's not like it was a movement or anything. It's just how a lot of people felt at one time. And so for people that are my age, they were in their late teens or their early twenties when Nirvana became a huge thing, and so there was a lot of people that were my age that were identifying with what he was singing about because they went through a similar thing. And a lot of people will use the arts or something like that to articulate how they're feeling, and they latch onto it and it becomes very very important to them. And when I was that age, you know, I was way into rat music, almost to the exclusivity of other kinds of music. Like I missed out on Nirva. I mean, I knew it. It was everywhere you missed out on Garth. I missed out on Garth big time. But one of the things it was that I think back on now and I feel differently about it than I did at the time. But one of the riders from Rolling Stone magazine went on MTV because when Kurt Cobain took his life, it was twenty four hour coverage on MTV. You guys were five or whatever, right, I know a lot of people know exactly where they were when they heard that news. Yes, and they went outside. There was all these makeshift you know, memorials and all these things, and people were out and.
Speaker 2: Bawling and all this.
Speaker 1: And I remember the guy for and I liked Nirvana fine, but I really didn't care about him. They I would get into them way later in life, but at the time I was more in a hip hop and I remember the guy from Rolling Stone going, you don't understand this is like John Lennon dying, and I remember thinking, that is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard in my life. You are out of your mind. Get over it. And then as time went on, I look back on it and I understand why people would feel that way, where I didn't in the moment. But John Lennon spoke. He wasn't trying to speak for a generation, but he did it.
Speaker 2: Dude, you were young to have a get off my lawn take like that too. I was.
Speaker 1: I had a total get off my lawn take. I was like, man, they put out two albums, which I didn't even know Bleach existed back then. I was like, they put out two albums, Please get off my nuts. And then now I look back on and go, I get it, like when you're in it. Maybe it does, maybe it doesn't. But that's how history works, and that's how you look back on things and ascribe meaning to them because you have the distance and you have perspective, and you look at how it impacted culture and mass and it really is incredible that they had such a short discography, but they impacted so much that we were talking the other day about post Nirvana and I'm sittinger going. You know, those guys didn't do anything together for thirty years. Yeah, thirty years. It was such a thing and that is a huge cultural moment in the mid nineties for that guy to die the way that he did and how he impacted so many people and we still play them all the time. Day then put out a record in thirty years. Crazy, isn't that crazy? Happy birthday, Kurt, Happy birthday to old kirkc Yep, all right, it's submitting, Skinshaw. I tell you what, keep it in that motive or that motif. We will do the today game next