Speaker 1: Welcome to Big for Society. If you have Bigfoot activity to report from the same areas discussed in this episode, please reach out to me directly after this episode. And if you'd like to be on the podcast to discuss a personal Bigfoot encounter, please reach out to me directly at Bigfoot Society at gmail dot com. Do you wish there was more Big for Society to listen to you every week? Well there is now. If you become a supporting member over at Patreon, you get a special members only episode every single week on Wednesdays, and sometimes even more episodes. Head on over to patreon dot com. Forward slash the Big for Society, and now let's get on with the show. All right, Big for Society. We've got the privilege of talking to a listener today who reached out. His name is Brent Joins Easy Musician. But he's going to be sharing a interesting thing that happened on a camping trip and I'm going to leave it at there and let Brent fill in all the details for us. But how's it going today, Brent?
Speaker 2: Good? Trying to stay warm out here in Oklahoma City, So I really appreciate you let me be on the show. Share my story.
Speaker 3: I have one main encounter and then have some like some things really unusual things that like happened throughout my life, just things that I couldn't really explain. But I'd like to first start off by saying that I've always kind of had like an interest in like Bigfoot and just things that were really unusual when I was like really young, Like I was always really kind of drawn to like you know, books that were like anything it was, you know, Bigfoot, Ufo, you know, Lutinus Monster, Like it was just it was really cool to me, Like those like Choose your Own Adventure books were just like always just they were just so cool to me, Like I just I would just I was just really like enamored by that stuff and it kind of stuck.
Speaker 2: In my mind.
Speaker 3: Like but I never thought like anything could be like you know, could really like we could really experience anything like unusual that like that I really can't explain today, but I had we used to have when I was really young, Like in like elementary school, I lived like basically like our school was like pretty much like like a like the field that was behind the school was like my house was like basically up against that and We had this like this huge like feel that was called like the ditch, and it was like just this big like sewage like basically basically they took like the it was just like this open like waterway for all like the sewage from like the neighborhood like to just drain out and it would make this this huge hill and we would just play there, you know, like just every day and it was just like super fun. We just we just we thought we were like playing like Dungeons and Dragons, but we didn't know.
Speaker 2: We just knew it was like a popular game. We didn't know what we were doing, like we were just you know, we just play out there. But anyway, one day like towards like it was really so.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of things about this like that was really unusual to me and really like it still makes me to this day. I'm still like, I just it was really just so weird and so like. But basically we found footprints, like big, huge footprints. I don't know what size they were, but they were like like footprints all the way like on the back of it was on the back it was literally like there was like a a little like a just a little spot of footprints, but one big, like defined footprint, like huge, and we just thought that it was so odd because and it was facing like directly to the back of the house of where there was a house, like someone was like maybe like looking over a fence or something. But what was so weird about it was that the the muddy they just kind of built that other side. My house was like on the opposite side, but like where that house was built, that whole area was like still getting build And this is like in terms of time frame, this was probably I mean I was like probably like nine or ten, so it was like it was really there was not much like development back there, like there was, but it was I mean, it was really open. But anyway, what was so odd about this footprint though, it was and we actually thought that it was like like bigfoot, Like we're like this, this.
Speaker 2: Got to be bigfoot.
Speaker 3: But then we didn't do anything. We didn't know, we didn't know what to do. We were just like, this is just really cool. But what was so weird is that that area where it was at was so the time of year it was cold, but it was muddy and like rainy, and the mud had like there was just no telling what like we we would never go out there like walk barefoot, like you just would not do that. Like it was there's so many things that could like we would have stepped on like.
Speaker 2: We were just we just knew better, like you just didn't do that.
Speaker 3: But there was like pieces of chunks of like cement and like broken glass and like just things that like it looked just look like you know, like construction crews just kind of like the aftermath. They just left it there, and I don't know, it was just it was just very strange. And what was really odd though, is that I mean there's not a lot of like foliage around from like because the whole back half of that was basically like an open like farm like field, like just just crops and stuff that would just they would grow. And at that time it was completely empty, like it was there was nothing out there. But yeah, we just stumbled upon that and it was just really odd, and I just I've always thought about it.
Speaker 2: I went, I went on the.
Speaker 3: DFRO website like years later, and I just was really curious to see if anybody has had any because it's so it's in Corpus Christie, like call Allen kind of like this is like way down like.
Speaker 2: In Texas, where I should have mentioned that first.
Speaker 3: But it's it's it's just not I don't know, it's just it seems like it would just be too like have like there's just you know, too many people around, and like where would it there's nothing to really cover.
Speaker 2: It, you know. But anyway I read I just went on the site and.
Speaker 3: Just just read that there's people had actually had like some encounters or not like her. I think there was like a lady had saw something like by her her trash cans, and like an area that was very like kind of similar to where we were at, Like it was very open and like there's just no trees or nothing, and you know you hear about you know them being in like areas like Arizona where there's not a lot of like coverage there either.
Speaker 2: So I don't know, but anyway, that was something something I've always thought about. It's just it's it was something so weird to us.
Speaker 3: I mean, it could have been you know, a grown adults foot, but it was definitely it was just so odd. The time, it seemed pretty fresh, so like it was like it happened kind of recently, and it just didn't there was nothing else out there, Like there was no other like trash or nothing, or to breath. It didn't look like no one was like throwing anything else out there like, so I don't know, it was just very.
Speaker 2: Unusual. And so anyway, moving forward, so I became a skateboarder. I got into like skateboarding. It was just like an interest in mine and I through my.
Speaker 3: Adult like early adult years, I would just kind of start to get in trouble and I ended up having to like join the military.
Speaker 2: And I never had anything.
Speaker 3: Happen while I was there, but when I drove out to my unit, that was definitely I don't know, it was just this very surreal experience. It's kind of crazy that I just I just that I never had anything experienced out there. But but yeah, I spent a lot of time in the woods, and I felt like I was very in tune with what was going on around me.
Speaker 2: So I don't know, I think.
Speaker 3: That that was that was very odd, But I felt like that kind of like prepared me for like wanting to be out in the just spend more time out Like I just I really kind of we would spend so much time training and the feeld, like it made me want to like be out, like just spend as much time as I could out in the woods.
Speaker 2: But anyway, so I ended up I'm in the service. I get out. I ended up.
Speaker 3: Deciding to get out. I was I had to get out for basically medical reasons. And I ended up getting a job in the skateboard industry as a sales rep.
Speaker 2: And I was doing really good for myself, and.
Speaker 3: I was making I was making really good money, and I was just moving up really fast. And then basically the economy and just like hit all at once, like it just completely crashed. And at the same time, a lot of like just really horrible things were happening in my life. Like I mean, it was just a friend of mine is you know, he got hit by a where he was in a motorcycle accident and died. My aunt uncle died of cancer. This this guy that I had known known from church years ago, like apparently had been getting into like really bad drugs and did some really like seriously horrible.
Speaker 2: Stuff and ended up going to prison.
Speaker 3: And it was just really shocking all this stuff was happening and I'm losing my business. Everything was kind of like coming to like a very just a very like intense point in my life, and I was it was really getting tough to deal with and I ended up getting let go from my job, and it was just it was just a very intense tough time for me. And I decided, like I just I ended up. I had like a severance, a big severance from the company, and I decided, hey, I'm just I'm just gonna get in my car and drive up the Yellowstone.
Speaker 2: And this is around.
Speaker 3: This is what it isn't twenty eleven is when I when I grow up there and I'm done other trips I've made other trips, like I take like photographs and I try to like I have all these ideas of like making like like.
Speaker 2: Like these short movies or stuff.
Speaker 3: Just it's just I don't know, just things that I just like to do, aside from making music and claudas. Anyway, I decide I'm just gonna get I I know that things are really going to be bad, like I'm basically on the verge of losing my home and everything. Because there was no way to really kind of make up. I mean, they called me. It was really kind of it was just really it was just I was losing shops like left and right, Like I would lose like twelve shops in a year, and they were expecting us to like it, maintain and still like make profits with our stores.
Speaker 2: And there was just no way I could have done that.
Speaker 3: So I just got my car. I just decided to take you know, live on whatever severance I had, and just get in my car and drive and you know, take photos and document it. I and you know, I just thought, you know, maybe I'll experience something, maybe something will happen. You know, I don't know, I just did. I really didn't know what to expect. I thought I felt like if I really just got in my car and just drove, you know, I just could live off like whatever like negative feelings I was feeling, I could just kind of just get past.
Speaker 2: It because I was in a really bad like mentally.
Speaker 3: I was in a very kind of like suicidal like kind of mind you know, mindset, you know, just because it was so intense dealing with all that. And anyway I make my way up to like New Mexico, nothing really happens. I'm not really I'm just like, ah, like I just kind of had a weird felt like a weird vibe like I would just I just kind of would go places and then just just feel like I'm just gonna keep driving, you know, I just want to get to get the Yellowstone or whatever. And I did stop in Durango, which is like Andrews It's actually Andrew's Lake Trail, and that was there was kind of weird.
Speaker 2: Nothing. I didn't see anything, but I had like I literally got like a mile down the trail and I was like, I can't.
Speaker 3: I was like, I don't think I should go any further, Like I just got a weird feeling. But like right when I pulled up, I saw somebody coming down from the trail and they just looked kind of they just looked really like like they were just really booking it and kind of scared and nervous. And I was like, well, you know, it could be anything. Maybe they could be nervous about me. You know, I don't know, like I just you know, I didn't really know what to think of it. But anyway, I get into I basically decided to turn around and I just had this very like just just.
Speaker 2: I don't know, weird feeling again. And anyway, so I didn't book anything.
Speaker 3: Throughout this whole trip, like I basically just like I didn't like make any reservations or anything like I just I just would try to get a hotel wherever I could, like it just didn't I would end up having to pay like stupid money for it, which is but I was just like I didn't know what to do. I was just like I just want to try to see if I can get up there, and then I don't know, see what happens, you know, I don't know, like I you know, so I end up I leave Colorado and I started making my way up to Yellowstone and I just started getting closer, and I mean, the place is just.
Speaker 2: I was just like, wow, this place is just so beautiful.
Speaker 3: And so I finally arrive and I get there and the park rangers are just checking people like crazy, like they're I mean, it was like this was July of twenty eleven, and I was like it was basically it was not the Headquarters Lodge cabin a Flags ranch, but it was like the it was like the station that was before that that I that I first got to, and they were just checking people like crazy. I was just like it made me, it really made me like it went. I went from being like, oh, I'm relaxed and now I'm like living all this stuff of this off to being like kind of like really in it, like oh wow, like this is this is really serious. I need to be kind of on on an alert.
Speaker 2: And I found out later on that a.
Speaker 3: Couple a couple was walking They're only like a mile or two down like one of these trails, like kind of mirror it was I was. It was about like I guess, like I guess, like three or four miles like up before or like north of where I was at. But basically there was a couple, an elderly couple, and they were just walking on the trail, and I guess there was a mother grizzly and her cubs, and it killed the man and then the woman she like crawled up in a ball apparently, and it just picked up the backpack I guess and dropped her.
Speaker 2: Is what I read.
Speaker 1: Big for society, who will be right back after these messages.
Speaker 3: But anyway, I didn't really know why they were doing. I just I was like, all right, well, check my car and then let me go. So I make my way up north to the headquarters lodge. I'm like all right, I made it.
Speaker 2: I'm here.
Speaker 3: Let's I want to I'm just gonna stay here for the night. This place is beautiful, like like I'm good, and.
Speaker 2: I uh so I go I go to get I go get some food and I.
Speaker 3: Get like a six pack of this Moose roll beer and I go back to my I got I rent like a camping area and they put me like basically like on the far corner and like I'm right next to the road, like literally like you could I could even during the day. I could literally even see through the trees. You could see the road from where I was at. And so I said, on my camp, just try to get you know, just this it's about to get dark. And I try to set that up. I get my camp or my tent, you know, set up where, and.
Speaker 2: There's people there. There's people around me, There's there's people next to me.
Speaker 3: I would say, it seemed like they're kind of like it probably about like sixty percent capacity or something. I mean, it seemed like they had there's a decent amount of people there for sure. But anyway, I so I finished doing that and I was like, I want to I want to get some more photos and just kind of just like look around a little bit more.
Speaker 2: And I thought maybe I could go back.
Speaker 3: To that the first Ranger station and get like a I don't know, maybe just get some information or just just I don't know, just see what else I could find, you know, just before I just go back and try to like relax and go to sleep whatever. And I saw him driving back and there's like a moose in the road. It's like not a it's it looked like I guess, I don't know what you would say, like i'd say maybe like a juvenile to like it wasn't like really small, but it was not. It wasn't like a baby though, either, but it was just in the road and just looking like scared, like just looking terrified. And I'm like, okay, you know, I don't want to I don't want to mess with you, but I'm just like I'm just I'm just stopped. I have my head lights, I'm just.
Speaker 2: Looking at it and just just just sit there and I'm like, okay, this thing is not going to move. And I was probably there for like, I.
Speaker 3: Don't know, maybe ten minutes, and I was just like, all right, this is I'm kind of bored now. And I'm not it's not moving and I can't go around it. I don't want to, Like, I just didn't want to mess with it. So I'm like, so I started to turn around, I start backing up, and I start to kind of maneuver, so I'm gonna I can lead, and it.
Speaker 2: Darts over to towards the water.
Speaker 3: There's like a lake right there, and it darts like like right over there and like starts hiding like and like behind these bushes, and I'm like like, okay, I'm like, sorry, dude, I hope I didn't, you know.
Speaker 2: So I make my way back to my to my my camp. So I'm just there. I'm drinking my beer.
Speaker 3: I think I had like probably like three or four of them, and they had and this is really stupid. I will admit this is not was not smart to me. I was also kind of in a really bad state of mind. I mean I was kind of I was really kind of sad of suicidal. I mean there was a part of me that felt that, like, and so I think that subconsciously I was like, I didn't care to leave out the beer cans, but I left them out. I left them just sitting out and they had like these They had like these I don't know, these little contained metal containers where you put your trash and I didn't do that.
Speaker 2: But anyway, so.
Speaker 3: I drink my beer, I have a fire going, and the people next to me, directly next to.
Speaker 2: Me or like, they're pretty loud.
Speaker 3: They're being like they're just they're actually being really like obnaxiously loud like and just it was kind of annoying.
Speaker 2: It was kind of starting to like bother me.
Speaker 3: I was getting kind of like, all right, this kind of sucks because it was going on like they didn't they wouldn't stop, and I was like, I don't know, maybe I should say something, but I was like, no, I'm not gonna say nothing. But I get out of my tent. I don't know if I I don't know if I had to take a piss or what. But I get out of my tent and it's just I mean it's black.
Speaker 2: I mean it's pitch black. You cannot see anything. I took it. I take one photo. I just take one photo.
Speaker 3: Like directly above the sky because I was like I have to document this because it's just so dark. Something is just eerily dark. And we had when I was in the military. We caught like zero illumination. We because when we were using our night vision goggles, you know, that was just like it was just you couldn't even see. It was kind of like they're useless when you have when it was that dark out.
Speaker 2: And I'm just like, wow, this is this is freaky.
Speaker 3: So I get back in my tent and so I notice I noticed that all of a sudden, like the people that were next to me, they're better next to me.
Speaker 2: They just go quiet.
Speaker 3: They just go like abruptly quiet, Like they went from like loud, like being kind of obnoxious to like completely just absolutely dead silent, like dead silent. And I'm like, okay, like that's kind of weird. And like I don't know if maybe like ten to fifteen minutes later, I just hear like these huge footsteps like walking towards me from like directly from the road, like like it's coming, like something is walking like directly. It was just like right across the road, like right at me. And it was just like the details now, like all the details of like that moment, like what happened, I will say, they're kind of a little fuzzy.
Speaker 2: At this point. I mean it's been a long time, and it was very traumatic. I mean I was. I meant, I immediately I know that.
Speaker 3: I immediately thought to myself, is this really happening?
Speaker 2: Like I was just is this I was like, is this really happening?
Speaker 3: Like I just kept saying that to myself, like is this Like, no way, this is not really happening. I just kept saying that to myself over like there's no way, And I'm like, this is really happening. And i just grab my mace, my bear mace, and I literally I put it up.
Speaker 2: I lay down on.
Speaker 3: My right side. I just lay down as flat as possible, and I put the bear mace. I'm holding the bear mace in both of my hands and I put it up to the temple on my forehead, and I have the pan or whatever. I'm just trying to get ready to like spray whatever. And that's all the protection I had. I had nothing else. I had no weapons, nothing like, there was nothing if whatever. It was like I could not have defended myself. But it just in like.
Speaker 2: Very It was.
Speaker 3: When people say I've heard I've listened to people say that when they have like I mean, when they try to be undetected, like that's that's what it sounds like. At first, I thought it was maybe someone pissed off at me because I left the beer cans out and they were like or they were checking, like walking around and make sure like I was doing the right thing, and I was, because I was like I was worried about that, like too, I was like, well, great now I'm gonna get in trouble for this. Nothing was disturbed like it did not it did whatever it was it. I do remember it leaning over and like just kind of being there and I literally laid there in like a like like I felt like I was literally paralyzed with like I mean, I was literally paralyzed with fears and I laid there for three straight hours, like I literally I couldn't do anything. I think I don't even know if I had my eyes open, and I think maybe I haven't closed I felt like if I did. And at first when I first started hearing it, like I people that I have told this story too, like you know, why don't you look at it or why didn't you see it? And how like first of all, it was so dark out like I don't know what I would have been able to see. But then I also felt like if I did try to look, because the tent, the way my tint was is like it was really kind of open. Like all I had to do was just kind of like take a flap and just kind of push it up a little bit, and I could have just like looked and seen or tried to see something, you know what I mean, maybe like a foot or something. But I just felt like what with whatever whatever it could have been, I couldn't It was not it didn't feel like it was smart to react or do anything, and I.
Speaker 2: Kind of felt like I did.
Speaker 3: I don't know if I had a telepathic experience. I know people have talked about you know, people have talked about that before. I will say my dad, My dad was a Vietnam veteran. He was actually he had a near death experience where he was like blown up in Vietnam. With what he told me, like it kind of felt like my whole that whole experience with like this, like with whatever came up to my tent or like I felt like it was it was like something like switched inside of me, Like when that happened, like it was it's like I went from like being.
Speaker 2: Like it was like it tried to tell me, like I don't know, it's like keep living or something. It was weird. It was it's like it scared me into like this survival mode and it just splited. It turned something on inside of me. And I thought about my dad and.
Speaker 3: That experience that he had, and I don't know, I didn't think I was gonna get kind of emotional about this.
Speaker 2: But but yeah, it just it really it flipped something on me. It was like I.
Speaker 3: Literally felt like whatever it was was standing over me was like telling me, like like warning me and like telling me.
Speaker 2: Like just I don't know, like it was trying to tell me to live or something.
Speaker 3: It was really it's like it was like saying It's like it was saying I could crush you right now.
Speaker 2: But I'm not gonna like that's I don't know. It's just it's.
Speaker 3: Really odd and it had like such an amazing experience, its profound experience on me and later on during so and I don't I really believe.
Speaker 2: I can't.
Speaker 3: I know, even though I did not see it and I only heard it and I heard it walking in to my area, I really believe that I don't believe that it was like a moose. And I don't believe that it was a barre. And that's the only thing that I think that could have been. And I don't think it was a human being because if it was a human being, I think that they would have probably said something to me, and I think I probably would have gotten in trouble for I mean, somebody would have said something or been like, hey, it's not smart for you to leave this out here, you know, like you gotta you gotta like you gotta pick this up, you know, like and I feel I think to myself, like, you know, if it was a bear, which I mean, it could have been a bear, but I.
Speaker 2: Don't think that it was.
Speaker 3: I never heard anything but two feet the whole entire time, Like I never heard like mobile feet. I didn't hear any kind of like swaying or anything like that. It was just very I don't know how to It just sounded very.
Speaker 2: Deep, like very the footsteps.
Speaker 3: It was like it was like soft but just deep, like a just heavy like just it sounded huge. It did not sound I mean, I thought human, because it's I can only hear two feet the whole entire time. That's all I heard. That the whole time. I have no idea how long it hung out there for I have, but all I know is I did.
Speaker 2: I was. I was in a like I was in a state where I could not.
Speaker 3: Move for three hours, like I could not do any I couldn't do anything at all. I couldn't move, I couldn't run. My car was literally like next to me. I could have like it was not very far from me to get into my car, maybe not even.
Speaker 2: Like like maybe ten feet if that.
Speaker 3: And I mean, and I just I don't know. I mean, it was just very it was very life changing. It was very powerful.
Speaker 2: I mean it might not sound like people listening to this like you know, you know, as intense, like a stare down, you know, but like it just it felt it was.
Speaker 3: It was very, very incredibly powerful. And I and I I just I really didn't. I mean, I couldn't even believe that it just was happening. I mean, it just it was just so it was. I did not I thought, even with my interest, you know what I mean, being interested in stuff like that, I did, I thought that it would in my mind, I was thinking, like I thought it would be a little more different. I thought my I thought my experience would be a little bit more just more like face to face. I figured I would have some kind of like a face to face and I didn't, unfortunately, And I drove.
Speaker 2: I even drove around the park. I stayed in the park for about four days and just travel around. I hiked everywhere. I saw a lot of like wildlife. They have like these boards.
Speaker 3: That were that would document if someone saw whatever, and it was all kinds, I mean everything, you name it. Another place that I camped at. When I was there, I actually was right next to grizzly like literally like within feet of one. And at the Grand Village campground, they basically told us like when we got there, like they had signs like, hey, you know we have grizzly here too. You know you gotta be careful but like this thing. So so I ended up camping there anyway, which nothing happened.
Speaker 1: Big for a society who would be right back after these messages.
Speaker 3: And in fact, this bear was like really like I don't know, it was just a very huge grizzly bear and it would like walk through the camp like area and I just wouldn't mess with anybody.
Speaker 2: But one day or I guess it was.
Speaker 3: I don't know if it was the day that I got my that I rented a spot there, or if it was the day after, but I definitely like I definitely saw it, like it walked right past me and it was just super chill.
Speaker 2: It didn't even care.
Speaker 3: But I mean I could hear it moving like it would not like I mean, they kind of snort and stuff and they're just they're just kind of like clumsy, and this thing was coming into my tent. Like the thing that walked into my area was very it was trying. It felt like it was trying to be undetected, which is just like I mean, who does that, you know what I mean, who who tries to do to do that? But anyway, I just went on with my trip and I I just continued on and I was like, man, I really hope I see something.
Speaker 2: I mean, I would drive around at.
Speaker 3: Night, I would drive like I I was like, man, I thought maybe for sure. I was like, yeah, I think I'm gonna have like I think I could probably have another like encounter if that something like that happened to me, like just right that soon. You know, I just think that you know, it could possibly happen again. Oh also I wanted to say, is that and the reason what I think I this is what I think and what what this is what I believe what happened. I do believe whatever it was, I believe that it was a bigfoot.
Speaker 2: I really, I really, that's just what I believe. I mean, I I that's just what I think and believe in my heart. I mean, it just there's just nothing else that it could have been.
Speaker 3: And I think what happened was that I was potentially disturbing it from getting its food. And that's that's the reason why I think that it like approached me. I think it was kind of like coming up like hey, I'm I'm I could crush you like an insect right now, but I'm gonna let you live. And it was just it was crazy. I mean, I came back, it was very My life was very rough. When I came back.
Speaker 2: It was still I had a lot of stuff I had to face.
Speaker 3: You know, I fill for these people in California because that's basically what I lost everything I ended up. When I got home, it was tough. There was no way to really go back to doing what I was doing, and I had to basically just completely change course. My life dramatically changed after that, and I had to be strong to get through all that because I mean, it was just so it was very heartbreaking. I mean, I had it was my I had built my I had built my first home by myself.
Speaker 2: And well, I mean I didn't build it my but you know, I.
Speaker 3: Had my first home built, and I was just you know, my ex of seventeen years. I mean, everything was it was just everything was gone, you know, it was just everything was falling apart in my life and I had to really pick it all up. And just having that experience. Had I not have that, it would have I don't know. I don't know if I probably even be here. I mean, and I'm sorry to get so emotional. People to usually tell these stories and they get like kind of emotional, but stuff like this, and you know it's probably normal, but I'm not. I didn't really intend to, but but it was just it was very powerful and I just I just I.
Speaker 2: Believe that they exist.
Speaker 3: I don't know, I don't I think that they're I don't know exactly what they are, you know, I think that they're they're really there are flesh and blood creatures.
Speaker 2: That's what.
Speaker 3: I believe that, and it's kind of hard for me to wrap my mind around some things, but I try to like try to keep.
Speaker 2: My mind open to you know. I don't know when people talk about.
Speaker 3: Things of them being able to teleport, but I just think they're really very strong and very powerful, and they and what's what's going on right now in the world, and just how the world is kind of burning burning up, you know. They I think that they're just I think that that just pushes them, you know, into more isolated areas and they just stay more hidden. I've spent like a lot of time on the road traveling for my jobs and just you know, being in the military and being all over the place, and I just I, you know, I always feared i'd probably see something walking across the road or something, but I never really have, unfortunately, and hopefully hopefully someday I try to. I try to find areas to go to go venture out. I lived at Houston for a little while, and I would.
Speaker 2: Go into like San Houston Natural Forest and I would.
Speaker 3: Just get out there just to kind of just just clear my mind and just try to like just figure out life. And you know, I would just I would definitely get some weird since freaky, but Sam Houston Natural Forest is definitely it's got some pretty freaky vibes out there.
Speaker 2: But yeah, let me see. But yeah, I also I had another experience. I don't know what this was. It was in Austin.
Speaker 3: It was around I don't know, twenty twelve, I believe, and it was just before I lost my home. And I would just I would always keep my back porch open and my backboard the door in the back porch, just play music and just kind of like just pace around, like walk around and just kind of like, you know, just just I don't know, try to figure out life. And one night I just I look out and I was living in Austin, like kind of by the way.
Speaker 2: I was actually right next to the airport. I live right by the airport.
Speaker 3: And I just I walk out and I look and it's just the most strangest thing I've ever seen in my life. I'd never I mean, it wasn't like freaky, but it was like it was definitely weird. It was like so so describe what I saw. Was like it looked like a It looked like if you could take spokes of a bike and heat them up with like to where they're like hot, like red hot, but they're like all uniform and they're all like in like a kind of like a kind of like spread out like a like a like a flower. But it was like a spiral in the sky, and there was no fires going on, there was nothing. There was not a time of year for that to be even happening. And it was like it was like in suspended animate It was like it was like it was it was like it was moving, but it was moving very very very very slow.
Speaker 2: But almost kind of like a but you can only.
Speaker 3: See just like these like lines, and it were just kind of like all spread out like in a spiral that was like kind of like like moving like a kind of like a like what you would imagine maybe like a black hole or something.
Speaker 2: I don't know, but.
Speaker 3: Like it was just the weirdest thing and it just kind of faded out, and I try to, like I think that I try to take photos of it or take video of it, but it didn't like really come out, and I was just like, well, you know, whatever that could be, Like I don't know. Sometimes like I'm really kind of like in that mindset where oh yeah, I need to capture this, and then sometimes I'm just like, oh, I don't I don't know if I really care.
Speaker 2: But but yeah, it was just a very very strange thing. I know that there's a lot of people and a lot of people had like's just.
Speaker 3: Weird, unexplained seem unexplained things, and I've never heard anybody ever describe anything like this or see anything like it.
Speaker 2: It wasn't my eyes.
Speaker 3: Either, Like I wasn't like, you know, you have like one of those things where you you know, you look at lights and then you look away and it like makes sure you know it's I don't know what that's called, but it just has a in print or your eye kind of thing. Like it was not like that at all, Like it was like stationed like in that area, like it was sitting in the sky kind of like I don't know, just not really not super high up, but just sitting there and it was just it looked like it like it was kind of moving or whatever, but it just kind of just disappeared, just like slowly, just kind of just was gone. I don't know, I mean, it was just but yeah, but anyway, but that's basically my story. I mean, it's sorry for getting so emotional. It was very intense for me. I really I wish I could kind of go back in time. I feel like so much time has passed that it's like it's not as clear in my mind, but just the just the circumstances of all that and like what happened and what was happening in that time is still pretty you know, I still remember all that pretty clearly.
Speaker 2: So it's but yeah, I've heard other people have.
Speaker 3: Had like other experiences there in fact, in fact, especially like that exact same area. One of the things that was also as kind of unusual is that like to everybody the morning after, so I took a photo of like it said, it's March seven fifteen in the morning. I think I was up around seven o'clock, I'm pretty sure, and I and everybody was gone, like completely gone. I didn't have a chance to ask anybody if they hadn't like experienced anything, which is like, I mean, that's kind of unusual. I mean, you just but I mean, everybody's camping and want to get in you know, people like to just get on their way and do their thing. But I just I was wishing that I could have, you know, asked people around because it was very weird. It was just very weird how they just like we're being all like loud and just like carrying on like it was nothing like it was like they didn't have they weren't concerned about anybody else it was around them, and they just go like abruptly silent, like really silent, like not a peep.
Speaker 2: You know, I don't know, I mean, I just I don't know. I think if anything, you know, it was checking people out or something. I don't know. I mean, something for sure was walking around.
Speaker 1: Brent, thank you for sharing. That is an incredibly emotional story. I don't think you should ever feel like you have to apologize for how that affected you. I mean, that is a life changing, literally life changing experience what you experienced. And I've been in a situation where I've been in a tent alone in a place and something was walking around my tent at two or three am in the morning.
Speaker 2: And it is.
Speaker 1: Very very intense living in that space where it's just you and whatever is out there. Yeah, I don't talk about it a lot, but it is is very very intense.
Speaker 2: And how did that.
Speaker 1: I found that when I was in that situation affected me a lot of different physical ways. Did did it affect how you were breathing or your blood pressure? Did you find any any weird things starting to put to you?
Speaker 3: No, I just could not move, like I literally nothing I could. I was paralyzed, Like I mean, I was literally paralyzed.
Speaker 2: So I was.
Speaker 3: I was like my body was like constricted, like that's how it felt like it was constricting and just like just holding I was it was like I was in this like this frozen like just cr like cringed position like.
Speaker 2: I don't know it just it was just weird.
Speaker 3: And what was weird is at the time like I couldn't it was like I had no concept of time, like it's weird that I was. I was there for three hours, and I didn't like it felt like fifteen minutes, Like it felt like it didn't feel like that I had.
Speaker 2: Been there that long, you know what I mean, Like I.
Speaker 3: Felt like maybe thirty thirty thirty five minutes, but it was three hours, three full hours. So I at that point, after three hours, I felt like I can move and I just reached down to check my phone and I was like it was like it hit three hours had passed and I was like, I just I was like wow, Like I was like WHOA. And I don't even know if it was there the whole time or not. It was hard for me. I would hear things like I would hear like like more.
Speaker 2: Movement and stuff. But I was just like at that point, I think, I think what what I was doing? My mind my mind was trying to like just block it out. My mind was just like, oh we got.
Speaker 3: Just you just got to block this out, like you just you don't want to, like like you don't. It's like my mind was like you don't want to be like we we don't want to be experiencing this like it just that's what. And that was That's all you know I can say. I mean, it was just it was so nuts and I and I and it was so weird.
Speaker 2: I mean it's like I I man, I just I don't know. I wish I could have I wish I could have asked the.
Speaker 3: People next to me if they what they experienced. And it was I mean out of kN you, like everybody was gone too. Like when I woke up, it was like everybody had left the part. I was like what the I was like, where did it really go like this like then no one like staying like doesn't people don't people like cause they had like people look like they were like set up for like you know, like they're playing on stand there for a little while, you know, like and it wasn't like the weather was really the weather was not really at all.
Speaker 2: It was actually very nice. It was it was a little cold and kind of chilly. But but yeah, when.
Speaker 1: You got up that morning, did you notice anything weird about the area around your tent, like on the ground, was there anything, Yeah, anything you start.
Speaker 3: You didn't notice anything. Now the ground was very it was really dry, like just super super dry, like it's like and it was kind of there was a little bit of a like a wind, a little bit of a let's slight breathe. I think it kind of like it just there was just I don't think there was any kind of like there. The soil was just not really like that around me to really make anything. But I I looked, I walked around and looked looked around for it.
Speaker 2: And I didn't. I just didn't see anything.
Speaker 3: I took like I said, I took a photo of like there's like an open I guess it's kind of it's like a trail, I guess, like the I don't know if it's like a full trailer. It just kind of opens up, but it's like it was. But I just took a photo out just kind of like you know, this is where I'm you know, this is this happened here kind of thing, you know what I mean, Like that's you know, it was not really.
Speaker 2: Like a beautiful photo of anything like spectacular.
Speaker 3: It was just like all right, click, you know, just I'm just marking this, you know, for for for my reference.
Speaker 2: But yeah, big for society will be right back.
Speaker 1: After these messages, you also mentioned that you had an experience where you knew that there was definitely a grizzly a few feet away from you.
Speaker 2: No, I saw it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like I saw it and like I was, I could hear it and see it and it was not far from me. Like I wasn't trying to like take photos of it or video it, but.
Speaker 2: I mean you can you can. It was at the It's at.
Speaker 3: The Grant Village campground, is what the photo says were that's where the area is. But if you if you look that up or contact them, I'm sure that there's like they probably have a history of like the they have to have some documentation of it, because they told me when I was renting my space there, They're like, they're like, we have a grizzly that walks around here, and this is like this is not close to where I was at, and this is like further up, like from where I was at. This is a much further like this is like I mean, you can look and see where it was, but it just it didn't seem like it was in the same area. But like this, yeah, it definitely walked up, but that was not and we weren't told that that was something we had to Like they said they were they were checking people, but they weren't saying that they were expecting you know, I don't know, they just they just said that it can happened, you know, I mean it could. They're they're all over the par I mean, they're they're everywhere. So but yeah, I definitely did. I was in next next to it, and I'm like, it was pretty close.
Speaker 2: It walked.
Speaker 3: It would basically just walk through the camp and it would hang out in that area the Grant Village campground or whatever. And I think someone actually I don't know if it was.
Speaker 2: The same one, but they there's I read recently. It was like I guess it was put down because they someone tried to mess with it or something, and I didn't. I didn't.
Speaker 3: I was just all I was doing was going from place to I was just like I'm just going on from another place and I'm on a camp here again, which was I don't know, like it's kind of crazy that I even felt like comfortable camping again. I don't even know how. I was, Like, I'm surprised that I wasn't like terrified. I think I was at that, but like I said, I was just like it just excited.
Speaker 2: It did.
Speaker 3: It scared me, but it also like it just did something to me, Like it's like turn something on inside me. And I was just like I was like kind of just obsessed, Like like when when I stayed at Old Faithful, I mean I drove around for like at least an hour and a half that night and I would just drive like I would drive, I blast my music really loud, and then I would just turn it completely off and I didn't really have much but but yeah, I just just the hearing that just hearing how it's movements and hearing it walk. The bear was really it was clumsy. It was just it was like it.
Speaker 2: Was you hear like kind of groaning and like.
Speaker 3: Just you know, doing stuff like like the way I've heard what bears sound and like you we know what bears sound like it doesn't.
Speaker 2: It was not. That's not what I was hearing.
Speaker 3: Like this was like quiet, like something was trying to like not be detected, but it was still letting me know it was there. Like it was like it literally just I just know that it leaned over in my head, like leaned over me, like literally like directly over.
Speaker 2: Me and just kind of like just stood like just was there and I just I could just feel it its presence, like it was just it was just so crazy. But I just I don't I'm very convinced that it was not you know, it was not that it was not a bear. It was not not a moose like I think I would have.
Speaker 3: I think I would have definitely heard the moose if anything, I mean and if if the mama moose around was ever was around, and like it was far enough up the road that I don't think that they I don't know, I don't think it would have been able to find me or figure out where I was at or if that was me, because it's not like you could see where I was going, and it's not like it knew where I was camped at, you know what I mean, But like I don't know, like I just.
Speaker 2: I just I don't know. I still to this day. It's it's it's.
Speaker 3: Been something that's been something that I think about like all the time, and I you know, I'm nervous to have like, you know, a face to face, but you know, at the same time, you know, I it would be I think it'd be very interesting to have my own encounter someday and see, you know.
Speaker 2: Just see with my own eyes.
Speaker 3: And just I just I hear so many like interesting you know stories, and you know, I feg I feel.
Speaker 2: Like we're gonna catch up at one point.
Speaker 3: I actually one of the songs, I actually created a song for the I don't know if you might men mentioned about or are we talked about this earlier, but yeah, but I make music and I've been kind of making claudes and stuff like that. They kind of like, I don't know, that's just kind of like a therapeutic thing for me. Just it just helps me kind of like kind of work things out and just I don't know, it's just interesting me. But I wrote a song called titled uh first Contact A close Encounter, and it just it was just inspired that by that, like by that that event, and I wrote a lot of those songs that are known, like I've never I wrote a song about it orbs If anybody wants to check it out, it's called the Wild Whimpers. That's the name of the it's the instrumental music. But but yeah, hopefully I'll have more experiences in the future. I don't I don't get out as much as and the world as often as i'd like to. I mean, we supposedly have. There's actually there's a space, it's really crazy here in Oklahoma City that has it's a it's a nature reserve that actually has there's a history of people having like seeing stuff like walk through and.
Speaker 2: The way that they the way that the land is like basically like like situated, it's they can basically just like anything could walk through like this kind of like it's a kind of like a quarter almost.
Speaker 3: That like kind of opens up into the reserve. But like outside of that reserve, it's just nothing. But houses and stuff. So but you know, people.
Speaker 2: Have supposedly have stuff. I mean it's seen, you know, seen and encountered things out there multiple people. So I don't know.
Speaker 3: I try to get out there and I don't know, have another experience and see something.
Speaker 2: But nothing hasn't nothing, nothing's really happened as it yet. I mean it seems like, you know, like I.
Speaker 3: Said, with all the stuff that's going on in this world, I feel like they're they're kind of you know, these fires and stuff like that. I think about like how that affects them and they, you know, just how they deal with all the elements, you know, cold all that. I mean, obviously they're adapted to it, but it's just like definitely fires and stuff like that, that's got to be something that's really you know, I just imagine that's why it pushes them in certain areas.
Speaker 2: And I also reached out to run Warhead. I actually made another version of.
Speaker 3: That song and added some clips of the Sierra Sounds to it. I just thought it sounded really cool, but I ended up taking taking it down. I reached out that he was okay with me using it, Like I we reached.
Speaker 2: I talked to him through email, and he was okay, he gave me permission. He just wanted to give him credit for it.
Speaker 3: But I was like, they're working, they're they're working on they're currently working on a documentary about the year, about the camp, and I just didn't I didn't want anythink that. I didn't want anybody to think that I was like writing trying to write off his team or something, or just being like because I I had mentioned to him, like I had mentioned to him about like maybe like doing like has anybody I asked him that if anybody helped made like like made a movie about his life or about his experiences out there, because I think because I thought what they experienced was very interesting, and I thought that like, I mean, him his his the serious sounds and the uh the Patterson Gimlok footage, those are like those are the two most convincing pieces of evidence to me, because I mean they're they're during a time where it's really really really difficult to take that. But I reached out to him about it and about that, and so I.
Speaker 2: Might maybe release that later on. I don't know. I mean, he said it's okay.
Speaker 3: I just told my would I would I decided to take it down for the moment just see, you know, just let you know, just just release my music as for you know, I just want to let my you know, music se for itself for now and then see where it goes.
Speaker 2: But maybe later on, you know.
Speaker 3: I told them that they're welcome to use that for that documentary they would like to, but yeah, that's something else.
Speaker 1: Well, we'll definitely have you know, your music linked in the show notes for this so people can go and and check that out. But I hope you do continue to go out into nature, and it sounds like you would be going with the right intention, and I think if you continue to do that, you may definitely have something else happen in the future. And you know, would love to hear about that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 3: I think it's just going to be I think, you know, honestly, I feel like it's going to be like it's just going to be another unexpected something like it'll be it'll be something that I don't expect, because that's what that's it seemed like when I was intently trying to find something, it was harder, like it just something. It was just like I was But like when I was not even like expecting it.
Speaker 2: That's when it was like, you know what I mean, like it just I was like, whoa, like it just it just it just it just I.
Speaker 3: Don't know, I mean, it just it just I feel like, you know, I don't know if I would actually, you know, if I ever saw one like, I don't know if i'd even be prepared for that.
Speaker 2: But you think I guess I kind of think in my mind that I'm I I am like in a sense preparing myself for that, but you never know what. I don't know what to expect. I mean, here's so many stories from people their reactions, and.
Speaker 3: I mean, you know, I just it's it's you just never know, like I guess what you would expect, you know. But but anyway, but I really appreciate you letting me share my story again. I sorry forgetting so I just it wasn't I was not expecting that at all, but it was definitely very tense. My I think I wish I could share my collage like that of that I did for my dad, because that was really kind of I felt like those experiences were really kind of like his the way he described it, and just kind of like it was very very spiritual, and I think that there's a I think there is like a very like deep like there's.
Speaker 2: Something about them.
Speaker 3: There's just something that's very I don't know, it's just it's like this this sense that they that's just.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I think, I mean, they they I think they are in a sense maybe you know, a little bit more advanced and just a very primal way, you know, and we're kind of more heading towards that kind of like tech. You know, we're just kind of heading in the direction a different direction. I feel like humans are just we're moving completely away, we're going more digitized and more, and they're you know, they're they're just you know, they don't I don't think they probably actively think of like we're hunting.
Speaker 2: In our skills here, but you know, like you know, it's like they are.
Speaker 3: I do feel like there's something about them that they you know, they can they can move fast, and it's like very they have so much strength and ability and agility and just they're just built that way to just to move and just like evade things. And I think that's why they stay, you know, so hidden and so undetected, you know, and hopefully someday we'll figure it out. I think that we I think they would be really cool. When I pitched that, when I was asking Ron Mornhead about this whole thing or mentioning that to them, a lot of thoughts are going through my head, and I was thinking, like, oh man, people are going to think like this is like some you know, just just I don't know, I don't know what really people think. I mean, I just generally think a lot of a lot of the movies to me that I watched, like they are about like they're just they're always usually really silly, and they always put in some like some silly costume and it's not really like it's you know, it's not really.
Speaker 2: Uh, I don't know. It's just kind of done in a very kind of like in a way that kind.
Speaker 3: Of kind of pokes fun A lot of time makes it, you know, it seems really intentional. I don't know, I guess for entertainment purposes or what. But you know, I just said, you know, there's movies that are basically based on doctormaries, and but that's not something that he you know, he's he has a different angle of what, you know, what he wants you know, to take this and that's kind of like counter I guess he sees that he might see that as counterproductive of like making a movie about someone's life, because you know, people always think that movies maybe can't be based on something real.
Speaker 2: I did see that. I actually went to a trip and stopped.
Speaker 3: In Rockwell or Roswell, I mean in New Mexico one time on one of the trips that I took, just driving around and I actually saw that guy from the from the Far in the Sky movie.
Speaker 2: He was at like the museum there. It was really interesting, just kind of mean him.
Speaker 3: But but anyway, but yeah, but I don't know, maybe maybe something will happen of that later on. Maybe I'll, like I said, I might release that song later on and there might be something something come of it. But if it doesn't, it doesn't, you know it just but but that's something else that I was like, you know, just mentioning it was.
Speaker 2: Something that was working on.
Speaker 3: I don't, you know, I just don't want to be I don't want to.
Speaker 2: Get the wrong impression. So that's why I said, I.
Speaker 3: Wanted to wait, you know, I want to get like, you know, maybe if they're construction cup if they end up like doing like a darkam me, they can like use it, you know. So I just didn't want to push it. But I just think that their their stories are very they're they're very interesting way more you know, just you know, I wish I had some like some evidence or something, you know, to really say, hey, this is what you know. All I have really is just and just my word of you know what happened. But you know, I but anyway, but I really appreciate you let me share this, And this is the only time I've shared it, like pretty much. I mean, I've told a few people and they've listened to me, Like I think about half of them like think that it's they just they don't they don't really you know, think maybe.
Speaker 2: If I'm crazier or not. I don't know what they think, but.
Speaker 3: They just I think it's which is even odd because some of the people that I've told us too that I have this one friend that he spends a ton of time. He's gone like all kinds of places like just anywhere, just like that you'd think that that sasquatch would probably be and but he's really kind of like no, he's.
Speaker 2: A real like I don't know.
Speaker 3: He basically just says, I don't he won't say nothing, But I don't know if that's like, you know, maybe he has had something. I imagine he's had to something's bound to happen. But because I just hear so many you spend enough time, I guarantee if if someone spends enough time that you're probably it's bound to happen eventually.
Speaker 2: It's just I mean, that's just my opinion. But I don't know. I mean, I just I really think that.
Speaker 1: But anyway, well, we definitely all have our own journey that we have to travel trying to figure all this out. But you know, I just want to say again, Brent, thank you for coming on and for trusting us enough to share your story and allowing us to put it out there. And I've really appreciated talking to you today. And you know, definitely keep us informed if anything else does happen in the future. But thank you for coming on the show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, no problem.
Speaker 3: I'll share this on my Instagram too, so like my followers can can check it out, check out the episode.
Speaker 2: I don't mind having people listen to this. It's it's it's I think it's interesting. I love staying.
Speaker 3: I still even like I said, I've had interested as a kid, and I'm still it's still really interesting to me. You know, it's just fascinating. I hope someday we can kind of really figure out, you know, dive in and find out like more what they are and maybe like acknowledge that they're you know, have some have the people you know that work in these government positions like acknowledge it and just kind of just say hey, you know, and then you know, maybe you could just protect it, you know.
Speaker 1: I just want to take a few minutes to say thank you to you all with listeners for listening to the podcast. Please take a minute to help out the show by subscribing on YouTube, making sure you hit the bell so you don't miss any notifications, and share the episode on YouTube with a friend. Also, if you're listening to us on a podcast, thank you so much, make sure that you're subscribed, share the show with a friend. Really, it's all without sharing the show wherever you can. If you've had a Bigfoot encounter related to the following, or know someone who has, please reach out to me at Bigfoot Society at gmail dot com or pass on my email here's the list. Number one encounters from Franklin County, Texas. Number two encounters from the entire state of Iowa. Number three encounters from Oakridge, Oregon or the surrounding area. Number four any individuals that know about bigfoot being flown off after the Mount Saint Helens eruption. Number five. Individuals that have had a bigfoot encounter while in the military. Number six those that have had a bigfoot encounter in the southern New Hampshire or north central Massachusetts area, including Franklin County, Massachusetts. Number seven individuals that have had a bigfoot encounter in a Bible camp or boy Scout camp setting. Number eight individuals that have had bigfoot try to enter their house forcibly while they were living inside. Number nine individuals that have actively have a bigfoot living on their property. And lastly, any sightings that are in the watchitat National Forest Area of Oklahoma or Arkansas. A special thank you to all the Bigfoot Society, Patreon and YouTube channel members. It's your support that helps keep the show going and I extremely appreciate it. I'll see you back next time. Listeners. SASA Summerfest this year July eleventh through the twelfth. It's going to be fantastic July eleventh through twelfth in Greenwaters Park and Oakridge, Oregon. And listeners, if you're going to go, you can get a two day ticket for the cost of one if you use the code b FS like Bigfoot Society, but BFS I'll get used some off your cost. Priscilla was nice enough to provide that for my listeners.
Speaker 2: So there you go.
Speaker 1: I look forward to seeing you there, so make sure you head over to www dot Sasquatch Summerfest dot com and pick up your tickets today day