Speaker 1: Hey, what the hell is this?
Speaker 2: It's a bowl of shawdow Sir, Wait.
Speaker 1: A minute, come here, what did you call it? Jad loud enough so everyone can hear. Come on, shay yed showdow ha ha, show dear, show dear.
Speaker 3: It's chowder. Say it right, shout dow ah. Come back here.
Speaker 1: I'm not through to meaning you four finger discount dude.
Speaker 2: Welcome to four figure. This game the podcast where we always mispronounced chowder. I'm Dando and I'm guy. Did you feel like so, how do you How would you say chot it? Would it be chatter or chatter? Because personally, I feel because of this episode, everyone just now says showder by default, I actually go shoud it it comes. Yes. It's funny when they're.
Speaker 4: In the corporal Well, it's funny throughout the whole episode, but it's funny in the quarter when people just pronounce it chowder an else. That's like, we're not putting your weird Boston brahm and pronunciation and all this, you know, lovely little dijon mustard French version.
Speaker 2: So it's chowder, yes, chowder man chowder? That yeah?
Speaker 4: I mean, if we did our deep dive into actually origins of chowder. I mean it's probably a New England the kind of dish that's probably got that chowder.
Speaker 2: Chowder is a type of thick soup prepared with milk or cream and seafood or vegetables. Oyster, crackers or saltines may accompany chowder as a side item, and cracker pieces may be dropped atop the dish.
Speaker 4: Indeed, corn chowder. I mean, I wouldn't have clam chowder just it sounds unappealing.
Speaker 2: It does, Yeah, any of the way clam at the start, not really, Yeah, I don't there wasn't sure I've ever eaten the clam. I don't think I have either, just muscles. I done of eat muscles, oysters, none of it. Yeah, but if there was a band called the Clam, would you go to would you pay money to go see the clam?
Speaker 4: First of all, said it sound like the clan and like no anymore.
Speaker 2: The clam. It's not the best word, no clam clam No, but this clam bake though, that's a fun word, clam bake, clan gate the clams. There's a horror Okay, we're gonna make a trouse of horricord silence of the Clams bring back.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yes, Simpsons, we've done it again. But do I pronounce it chowder? I don't necessarily eat chowder, but one of the main reasons I enjoyed this episode was the various pronunciations of chowder.
Speaker 2: By the way, thank you for everybody who has supported us. I'm patreonic this month. You will get your shatter at the end of the month on our mail bag until about top TIS supporters are going to be in your shout out in a few moments. But in this episode here you're just touching on the chowder. So many memorable moments in this episode. We've got there. The chotter it's the children who are wrong is in this one as well. Well, Yam yam, yam, yamao me garnigle. The list goes on. But in saying that a pretty grouded episode for the golden year of the Simpsons, I feel like half the episode is just in the court room.
Speaker 4: Oh very much so yeah, yeah, And I remembered that I was very much into Chaudou and that was a combination combination of too wasn't it, And also the stuff in the court room, particularly with the glasses and mayomamiamio, miamiamiamo. But I honestly had forgotten that this was the birth of am I so out of touch. No, it's the children who are It is the children who are rung one of the greatest memes that The Simpsons has ever produced. As well, I'm concerned.
Speaker 2: I don't think they would have realized that at the time. You know, there's all these iconic lines that are just lines in the episode, right, they're good jokes. Oh yeah, but who would have imagined that twenty five thirty years on they would have such a lasting impact. Oh yeah, for a whole different reason. Yeah, and I'd forgotten that McGonagall was in this as well. I mean, I know he's a bit of a semi semi regular fixture, but I forgot this is the Billy one really is dead, my lunch, the Free Willy as well.
Speaker 4: Yeah, also forgotten that McGonagall looked so much like sort of Sudden Impact era Clint Eastwood, Dirty Harry.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I thought it was like, oh, he's just a generic cop. It's like, oh, no, you're really going for this. I love how they really.
Speaker 4: Sort of steer into the rainier Wolf Castle Arnold Schwartz and ear connection as well. We'll get to that when we get to that. Yeah, but yeah, so much great stuff in this episode. But you're right, very very uh yeah grounded. So yeah, second enough, it's just the courtroom drama.
Speaker 2: Well, it feels like two episodes in one. The first it's almost like you're watching Jaws. You watch Jaws, and you've got before they go out in the ocean and after they got to the AA. This is very similar before the court case and after the case because the Freddy Quimby Chowder moment happens. But like between the eighth and ten minute mark, it's so far into the do you think that the episode Bart gets away from school and you know you gets to the Quimby party blah blah blah. That's the first five ten minutes. No, it's a long way into the episode, like half way through.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, there's a whole lot of stage setting, yea with yeah, the schools out of painting it as just the place you don't want to be. I mean, Bart doesn't want to be there at the best of times, but the way it's been set up and prison bus and every new chairs prison bus tampering with the clock that goes all awry and they stay in school for the nextra two hours or something like that. Surprisingly, missus Kay is fine with it. I mean you should be annoyed. Maybe she's maybe he's collecting a little overtime. I don't know, but she was kind of like ha ha, well not quite Nelson Ah, but she thought was not as bad as you might expect. So yeah, I mean they do spend a bit of time in school and setting up bart situation, making it clear that he wants out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you're right.
Speaker 4: I mean I love that first spotting of of Fredie Quimilo through the school window. I think I got all this out of dropping out of the fourth grade.
Speaker 2: I love this surrounded by rainbows and sunshine eating and squirrels. Well, actually, no Bar looks out the window and he sees all this thing, and you've got the music play. It's actually one of my favorite moments. I'll just say it now. It's the morning mood Edward Grieg's sweet novel. It's the the nice music. So there's that. And then when Freddy Quimby arrives, is animal Scatter just an absolute chaos agent that man. Yeah, I actually feel sorry for barton this episode because he didn't I know, he broke the rules in his skip score, so it's his own fault to an extent. But he didn't ask to be involved in all this shit. Oh no, and all the weight falls on his shoulders, and Lisa's just there being that little angel in his head going do the right thing? Yeah, yeah, why should I exactly? I mean, why should I go to bat the Yeah, a dreadful human being, like like Freddy Qimby the thing is but here's the problem, though, A dreadful human being, but he didn't do anything wrong here, yes, and nonetheless an innocent man.
Speaker 4: Yes, the system should work regardless of whether or not you know, you're a awful, awful specimen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, That's why I found it interesting that Lisa was sort of judgmental and annoyed that they were trying to buy his freedom because, in my mind, gone because she knows he's innocent, but really she doesn't know he's innocent, but it's just said, and he won't tell her how he knows, so she could still be you know, on f it's going, what's what's going on here? Is he really innocent or not? Well?
Speaker 4: Yeah, she's got a very sort of strong moral backbone. So yeah, for her to be for her to be witnessing. Oh, they're trying to play the system, and definitely rich people are trying to play the system as they have, you know, for goodness knows how long. Yeah, it's gonna, of course rub up against her right on stance that she tends to have. I'm not name and name, but yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Just think I felt so for Bart because he's just stuck in his crappy situation that he was just skipping school and all this is just blowing up in his face. Oh yeah, amazing how he ended up in the back of Pretty Quimby's come. I mean, I'm wondering if that's just as the action sequence I was picking knits though, means like, wow, he must have been pretty acrobatic and moving pretty quickly. Do we end up in the back of that convertible. It's want of pick nets. You can say Skinner went into the water, came out, and he wasn't wet. That's true.
Speaker 4: But yeah, I will forgive anything for a good Terminator ship.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's some great shots there. Now, I also feel sorry for Skinner. Speaking of Skinner, because he knows Bart skip school. He just can't prove it, and it just plays on him and it just it's it's eating him alive. And at the end when he finally gets Bart comes clean and he goes, I knew it. I'm going to get you. I need you a slip up, And he doesn't slip up. He confessed, is like I need this. That's where he is in life right now, where this is such an important thing to him and he can't he can't sort of focus on anything else like that. This has consumed his life.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, you get absolutely fixated on what's a great line in heat. It's like, I am who I'm chasing, and that's sing. He becomes obsessed with the hunt.
Speaker 2: Because at the end of the day, Bart skip school. Who cares. It's not a big deal, right, But to Skinner it's everything. Oh well, I think Skinner views it as a personal hunt. Yeah, a personal slight. Yeah. You know, you're rubbing my lack of authority over you in my face. You know, I'm trying to do the right thing here. I'm trying to teach you, I'm trying to steer you in the right direction for life, and here you are just taking a day off. But what I'm thinking of this episode here, they could have gone a different route with it, right, They could have had Bart. What's your thoughts, Bart, using his knowledge chose advantage for a payday from the Quimbi's or something on the guards where Home is like, if you know this, let's get money out of it. Do you think that would have been too horrible from Bart side of things? I think so. I think just the Yeah, again, the money would have to go to charity in the end or something something either, if it even happened. Yeah, yeah, like quimbies would.
Speaker 4: Find a way to weasel out of it one way or another. But I think having the moral dilemma of like I need to do the right thing because you know, I witnessed a crime that didn't actually occur, or an innocent man is being horrible, yeah, being accused of something he didn't commit. I'm the only person who knows the truth. But if I reveal the truth, well then I'm in big, big trouble, as Bart like sac So, yeah, I think that would be enough. I think adding him trying to negotiate a payday or a payoff or whatever.
Speaker 2: It's pretty slime bag. It's a bit slime back, and it's also just one more layer on the lasagna that we don't need. Yeah, that's good, it is, indeed. But speaking of Freddy, I think it's a great bit of riding here that Freddy he was off. He was innocent in the in the eyes of everybody, right, he was going to get off. He'd paid off bo you know, the money bags. It's always grown to put the dollar symbol and just to make sure I love it. But the jury thought he was innocent. Everyone thought he was innocent. But the smugness of him, he had to get up on that stand himself and just to say, it's the turnaround in the post of the credit. Look at me. He couldn't help himself and he screws it all up and favorite moment, Wow, I didn't go well, he's just got yeah, this entitledment built into himself and he he just and everyone just turns on him immediately, as they as they should, because if he says I'm gonna kill you, especially Jewy. Wow, that did not go well. But do you think he in in cannon? Right? This is obviously just we're making this up. Would you prefer to think that the lawyer tried to talk him out of this, and Quibi's like, no, no, I want to get up there, improve my prove my innocence. Or the lawyer was like, let's just this is like the final nail in the coffin for the for the other guys. Yeah, it's interesting, but the lawyer is smart enough to go, you stay here, stay off the stand. We've got this. And Freddie's like, no, no, I think if you.
Speaker 4: Watch enough say law and Order or any sort of dramatization of it, of a true crime story, say like yeah, the one about the Menendez brothers. Recently, it was on Netflix and was a big, big hit from when I recall you're watching that. The Menindas brothers will just put us on the stand. You know, people believe us, they'll trust us. You know, we're charismatic, young handsome dudes who wouldn't want to be us and who wouldn't want to do the right thing by us. And the lawyers are very much like, no, don't you realize everybody thinks you suck?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, so yeah, imagine Freddy's got that similar mindset of like i' Freddie Quinn.
Speaker 2: There, that's it. That's not even close. I was almost clancy. Yeah, I'm not even gonna try. I've just accept my accents to that have the castle in that. I'm no dense, So yeah, I won't. I won't give it a world. But I'm Freddie Quimby. My word is gold, yeah, and my presence is platinum. You know, it's like I'm the man. It was of like Redman's Grief from South Park, going down to South Park where you've got the guys who have lost all their money and they need to need to buy the town back. So all the town goes and they gamble and they win and they're like, let's double it down. No, no, what are they doing? So yeah, if you have the opportunity to get away with something here, don't press your luck. Wisest lessons you can learn if you've won, take the victory, take take the w But yeah, but as I saying, like, that's in particular CRUs that Freddy Quimby he is innocent, but he is a terrible human being, right, he's not a good person. But it is very important that he got off because he was innocent. He couldn't have this horrible guy against at the prison because he's a bad guy. Now he was innocent and he got off. That's right. I mean he looked.
Speaker 4: He may well have skeletons in his closet, but yeah, in this particular instance, innocent, innocent of all charge.
Speaker 2: It's like when you see people you just don't like and they have they have w's, and just like it makes you so jealous, like why why am I getting now and you're getting w's. You're a bad person? Is it because you're a bad person? Do I need to be a bad person? Do I need to sort of realign? Last? Right? How unfortunate, but we still finish. But as horrible as Freddie is, Freddy Quimby is not the heel, not the bad guy, the villain of this episode. It's the waiter. Because the waiter knows that he just slipped over and hurt himself and he's just trying to get that slign bag payday. Well, that's true.
Speaker 4: Also, he's he's a French person, French person, French people have pride. I'm not some clumsy cruzo esquater. He doesn't want to reveal that. Yeah, he was just an absolute stumble bum.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess that's true. You've just paid it all French people as people who were just trying to get a payne. Well aren't they of course they're not. No, no, no, I've got a lot of time for the French. They mainly because they quimbierres. They just don't give an f Of course we had their best. Why would you think otherwise. I nearly got in trouble at the border from everywhere. Go get to the border, right, Nichola. This is why you watch border security, so you learn the tricks. Well, now that we watched border security, I'm looking at it going now I can understand why they were going. This guy here because technically, Nicola and I we caught the train, the super train whatever it is, the chunnel, yeah, whatever's and we flew back, right, we caught the train to Paris, and we're there for one night, so we flew down. We got there in the morning. We spent in Paris. We went to Disneyland the next day and in Paris, and then came home that night. And the guy's like, you're from Australia and he'd been here for one day. Can you tell us what you're doing here? And I said, oh, we just stayed for the night. I went to Disney and necessary today and he goes, Okay, are you sure you've got anything in your bag? And I was like, why not? They went throwing my bag. They fixed me down, and at the time I'm thinking, why are you doing this? And I look back now I go, dude, from Australia. Nikola had already gone through because she got a separate visa separate line. I'm just doing from Astralia by myself, stayed for one day. So this is when you were leaving France or when you get but I was leaving France. Yeah, then that's French prival. There is so much muretussy. Why would you be leaving You just went to disney Land having tried the shut up.
Speaker 4: So look, I'm not necessarily necessarily saying that I agree with that gentleman the customs, but it's a tiny bit off. It's a tiny bit of a red flag.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And when I arrived at England by myself, disheveled, first first flight ever, never fluent out of Australia. And then I'm just like, I didn't know the address of Nichola's house, Like, so where you're staying, I don't know, Well, I'm staying was at my girlfriend's house, Like, right, sure you girlfriend, right, buddy, Yes, I've got an English girlfriend. You don't know. Just let me through, please.
Speaker 4: And the thing of it is, I think I don't know if this counts for all the strains, but I think we tend to be sort of fairly friendly with people in airports especially.
Speaker 2: It probably seems suspicious.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so certainly when in the times when I've gone to America, and particularly in a sort of post nine to eleven, they're not brooking any nonsense or any even small talk.
Speaker 2: They don't want any shit, no, no, And I mean I always liked it, which I understand. Yeah, I get it.
Speaker 4: But at the same time, I think we spoke the other day, maybe not on one of our shows, but about just about the importance of manners and politeness and just a general sort of good manner. It'll get you a long way in life.
Speaker 2: But they've got they've got KPIs though, they're just going to get people through. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean, I wasn't saying, hey, let's have a huge DNM while there's a cube banked up behind me. There was no one behind me, and it wasn't like, hey, so how's your day? And I was like I mean, I was pretty much just like is he day or something like that, just you know, the usual kind of spoil driver to taxi driver small talk or Uber driver small talk.
Speaker 2: Worst, what's the worst passage you've ever had? But it's busy night.
Speaker 4: Of course you say things like, I mean, unless you're just there were times when you're sitting in the back of the cabaginees, I just want to sit here in silence.
Speaker 2: How much do you get how much does Uber get that? But yeah, I certainly noticed in the States that it's very much like, no, it's all business. Yeah, just get through the gate and yeah, jump into business. What are your thoughts on Homer's little side venture? It was really a side venture. It was just hom I'd taken advengae of a situation. I thought it was a pretty boss move by Homer getting free combination, free food out of it. That's pretty much It's true. Yeah, he's got his eyes on the prize absolutely seeing that. Oh so you're gonna put me up in a pretty decent hotel, free meals or free willy and free willy of course. Yeah, we'll get to that.
Speaker 4: Uh, yeah, I think I'd kind of jump at the opportunity even Yeah, I mean there were very there were various shades of if not necessarily villainy, then sort.
Speaker 2: Of misdeeds in this. I mean there's there are you know, messing up the process. I actually no, they're not. It's not he actually no, because because of that, I mean he didn't. He's doing it for the wrong reason, acting for the wrong reason. Yes, yes, because he say how many Essa's an innocent yea lovely life. But the thing is he like taking all this stuff, all the souvenirs from the from the hotel and things like that. It's all taking something from time to time. Not chairs and whatnot. But that's just taking what an every day thing that everyone tends to do and just amplifying it because it's home. Oh very much so.
Speaker 4: Now I was always big on, you know, when staying in hotels when I have when I had hair, would be pinching shampoo and stuff. Now it's just body lotion and soaps, and you know, depending on how I loved taking soaps in the hotel, they use it the next week like this is so cool? Oh absolutely yeah, depending on the hotel you're staying, it's like your little little slip ons oh that's I never sort of take anything like that, although these were in a pack they were to take. Yeah, oh okay for the person that the guy was like, well, we're never going to use this again because they come back your feet a bit on understandable. I think I might have been scared straight because I'm sure I've told this story in the past. But when when we were living in England back in back in seventy nine, and we did a bit of a road trip around and we stayed at this very nice hotel one night. It was my folks, my mom and dad and my sister and I and when we left the next day, my sister had taken with her a very nice sort of robe.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the robes are good. The robes are good, my sister and Weena clearly thought. So she either let it slip.
Speaker 4: I don't know how mom and dad discovered this, but we were about maybe half an hour away, you know, we'd driven away from the hotel and all that, and it was revealed, oh she's got this dreading moment. Dad were ropeable, furious, turned around, had to take it back. So I'm like, oh, okay, then that's not for taking. I think I'll remain, you know, a low level offender and just take soaps hotels like you get back that.
Speaker 2: Can you please take it? We don't. Yeah, it's been in contact with all your other clothes now, No, no, it's yours. Now, past pieces have been all over this. I'm not sure if they actually said, oh yeah, fine, no, we'll take that back and put through the wash or whatever.
Speaker 4: But yeah, I just remember, oh god, my mom and there was so furious that my sister had done that. Yeah, we've all done something like that.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, but Homer takes it to extremes here and souvenirs souvenirs. I just think the dynamic between Skinner and Home it was really enjoyable. Here they are a regular odd couple, and I think there's more he could have done with that relationship throughout the show. That's true. Yeah, I mean how often do we see them interacting? I mean, you know, usually all that often.
Speaker 4: Usually it's when early on, at least in the in the series, was when Bart had done something wrong and they had to come in and all right, what have you done this time?
Speaker 2: Et cetera.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but having the having them sort of break containment and having to deal with one another the b Sharps in the outset of course. Yeah yeah, but this just felt like, yes, they do have a nice sort of it's not necessarily the chemist you'd think of is. It's like it's not a teaming that you'd automatically make.
Speaker 2: Well, we're doing season twenty now obviously with the with the podcast, and it feels like Skinner only really has a dynamic now with with Charmers. That's you haven't really seen with Agnes all that often anymore. It's just Charmers, that's true. Yeah, yeah, I mean, look, I do like the way that those two are kind of like an odd couple. But just seeing them in the hotel together, I thought it was just his bed nice and tired in homes is covered in food and that. Oh yeah, well the little apron he was wearing the like, I think they have a literal sort of shout out to the odd this is what a regular odd couple. Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: And also a bit from the opening credits to the TV series where you know which one was the slob? I think Oscar Madison is the slob and Felix Hunger is the more sort of uptight one.
Speaker 2: Which one was Matthew Perry, it was he was the slot. Yeah, nice bit of sort of counterintuitive casting. I think, did you ever watch much of that Matthew Perry Odd Couple Bath three four episodes? Yeah, I think so as well. It's like, it's it's fine, but it's not necessarily a point I'm doing. But yeah, there's a bit in the opening credits the original one where he sort of throws your cigar butt on the street and the other guy picks it up with his umbrella. It's really yeah, I think, yeah that they reference that this as well. Yeah, so we are a regular rock, isn't it great? There's there's a shadow that there's no mention of that an you in the wiki page. I don't think it's just even to this day, twenty twenty five and watching episodes that I've seen at least fifty times, if not more, and I'm still discovering new things about it. That's not so great about classic Simpsons that all these little nods, you know, just to shows and references and things that mean nothing to the grand scheme of the story, but they're there. Yeah, I know, it's absolutely chock a block with yeah, pop culture references that are very much of their time, but also ones that are yeah, sort of evergreen. Yeah, And as we've always said, you know, I think, particularly when we're talking about quote unquote classic Simpsons, like you know, if you get it, great, and if you don't, it's like part of your brain's going, maybe that means something, and you know, maybe I should either ask someone or look it up or someone eventually will tell me. It's like, oh, you know, some wise guy like mails you know what means that? Right? There were two great by the way, just the wiki page it does mention the cigar, but being picked up on the wiki page show I just didn't read it. But there two moments in this episode they're not going to say now, we'll do it during the review. Our classic examples of that, where as a kid, you're watching it, going, I think this may be something, and I don't quite get why this is funny, but you know it just is funny for some reason. Sure, and then you learn why it's funny later on what they're representing, and go, oh, that's actually a really good joke. But I look forward to hearing what they are from that. Yes, But before we do that, though, we're going to touch on our Favorite Moments. Four figure discount is brought to you by our incredible supporters on Patreon. With your support, we're able to hire editors, purchase new equipment, and everything else that goes into producing top quality shows. Each and every week, our supporters get early in add free access to every show, new episodes of Tales of Futurama, Talking Sciefild, and Speaking of the Heel each month, as well as access to exclusive Facebook and Discord communities. So go ahead and support the show today for as little as just one dollar at patre dot com. Slash fourthing a discount my favorite. So that Wow, that didn't go well. That lawyer, it's not the blue head long in my mind, it's not the blue headler. Let's look at Freddy Quimby's lawyer. What is his name, Freddie. I should have done it already, Freddy Quimby's lawyer. He just called Freddy Quimby's lawyer. Yeah, defended Freddy Quimby in The Boy Knew too Much? And this is then episode of your peared in. I wonder if they just why didn't they have the blue head lawyer. I'm just the same it is, isn't it?
Speaker 4: Because Initially I was thinking I was getting on my sort of courtroom episodes jumbled up. Yeah, and I initially thought that Quimmy's lawyer was going to say I thought he was going to say, superhan, I am so, I am so confident, my guys, I can waste the jury's time rating the super hunks. I didn't have that, unfortunately, But yeah, you're right, it seems odd that you wouldn't have. You're already established law. I mean, I know you've got Lionel Hearts as kind of the quite unquite Simpson's lawyer character, the blue head Lawyer is one that we remember and remember fondly.
Speaker 2: Maybe mister Burns couldn't pass my Maybe he's just sol solely for mister Burns. He's on retainer. Yeah, what else did you enjoy?
Speaker 1: So?
Speaker 2: I like the morning mood music. I'd always liked that when they use that music to set the tone of the episode. So it's new morning, looking out the door, it's a beautiful day outside. We have to go to school. Yeah, it's great music, but I loved it's in the classroom scene, a Millhouse is saying, because the chairs of feeling less of my body and missus case goes yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, And the one more for me was the director's cut of Free Willy. What a mess, Oh bye way, shout out to the great Michael Madison. Yeah.
Speaker 4: By the time this goes where, it'll have been yeah, a little while since he passed away far too young at the age of sixty seven, but generally known as a bit of a tough guy from Reservoir Dogs and other Tarantino movies. But yeah, a lot more to him. And yeah, there was a really a really nice sort of oh bit slash remembrance about Michael Madison. They talked a lot about his role in Free Willy and how he was just this sort of not emotionally buttoned up guy, but a man a few words who nonetheless sort of showed that he loved this adopted son and.
Speaker 2: Backed him up every step of the way. It was just really and said, it's really really good acting from a source that you might not expect it for. Michael Madson was a really good actor and really enjoyable in Free Willy, or really good in Free Willy. So yeah, fun. The fact about Free Willie voice actor Debbie Deryberry, who was the voice of Jimmy Neutron. You may know a voice Jimmy Neutron. She is the stunt double when he's righting the whale the boy because she's such a small she's so small that she was used whenever the boy's righting the whale. In the movie, it's her right in the whale. That's nice.
Speaker 4: That is legitimately a fun I had a few favorite moments, if you tell me them. I thought Lisa's laugh was very cute when they're playing good cop, bad cop and they just keep messing up their roles and she's just tickled by how it struct. I'm sure you know Yalley Smith has done that laugh for Lisa many times the Master, but it just it felt fresh and not unusual, but it just felt fresh to me here. I'm just genuine, I really I got a kick out of it. We mentioned French things early. This is going to be a bit of a French thinged episode. But there's a French saying.
Speaker 2: He's French footb young.
Speaker 4: It's generally generally well. The translation is the wit of the staircase. And as when you come up with a great sort of comeback five minutes after you needed it, you know you're in a conversation with someone, they say that.
Speaker 2: They give you a little bit of a several times in the Simpsons.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, and he's like, you're walking out of the party AND's like, oh no, I should have said this, and it's too late to run back, and sort.
Speaker 2: Of yeah, so they we're too late. It just might look like a bit of a fool.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, exactly. Episode for Skinner to say, well, I'll double your attention.
Speaker 2: I wish someone had heard that. It's the same when George Bush is in town and how he goes see someone said he's barking up the wrong bush. There is home with the smartest thing you got to say, and no one was ready here.
Speaker 4: I'll speaking of Homer, I loved it when he and Bart pass each other on the street do a little masquerade, so.
Speaker 2: You know, I both know head down. Oh I can't let him have the comb something. I can't let the boy know I'm skipping work. How do you do? So they're five feet away from it, sucker. What's great about that is neither of them actually care the other person is doing the wrong thing, so they could have just spoken to each other.
Speaker 4: I mentioned McGonagall before. Yeah, just everything to do with that guy's fantastic and all the stuff with a chowder slash showder is great. But there's a nice little button on that whole thing with the headline and the end of the newspaper headlines saying, oh Freddie Quimby accused of whatever underneath that chowder said wrong.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you got to kick out of that.
Speaker 5: Next question, you there eating the beast?
Speaker 2: All right, trivia time. My first question for you is what is Bart's excuse for going to the dentist? Oh? Is bridgework. He's got something lodged under his bridgework? Is a caraway seed? Caraway seed under his bridge? That would suck?
Speaker 4: Speaking of that class room, they've got those new sort of chairs that are designed to improve posture.
Speaker 2: By what year will posture be perfected? Apparently? Three thousand year, three thousand, yes, yes, name. What is the name of the adult film that Bart goes to watch? It's a boobo rama rama. Bart goes to an auction place. Is a bid on a painting? What's his bid? One point four million? One two million? It's two point three two point three million. We'll talk about soon. We get that's the grown up. What was the springfield auction house formally, Oh, I says Springfield auction House formally, I missed that one. Vacant, Oh, vacant lot. What night is ladies night at Quimby Compound. I'm going to say the thursdays. It was Thursday those days. I'm at a question, So all right, I can give you one more if you hit me, hit me, hit me. Uh the pit trap delivery truck. That's the French waight of into They have been delivering pet traps, oh, rat traps since when was it eighty nine? Eighty nine? Yes? Open roof? All right, so let's get into some stone Cutter shoutouts and then we'll review our episode, starting with the lovely Katy G. Thank you so much for your one hundred dollars support. Once again, Katie, Katie G. This is Kady G. Yeah, Katy ging to feel the g's never mind, Katy G. This is going out to you that there were well this is a guy on springfielder isn't Yes, yes, yes So Also the following Stonecutter shoutouts go to Glen Gomez, Justin Parker, Zach Pruitt, Shanny Macha Alliott, j O'Neil, Isabella Murphy Rache Beasley, Stephen roberts, Seawan DV Pete Anderson, Timothy Bells and Andrew Davis, Kevin Denzil, Planned flood Ballo, Window Bank, Jack mcpah and Heath Applebee, Adrick McLeod, March Eleven Ginger and Pickle Preston Murray, Talia Enriquez, Declan Phoenix, Brian McCoy, Logan b James Sheppard, Joe Reading's, Dave Pretzels McNally, Gavin Lane, Damie Miller, and Charlie Joe. Thank you for being top tier Stone Cup supporters of us on Patreon. We really really appreciate it. Guys, Yes, move you get Have you joined the figure discap family on Patreon this month, but not on the top tier. You get your name right out on the mailbag episode at the end of the month. All right. So The Boy Who Knew Too Much originally aired May fifth, nineteen ninety four. The top three films at the US box office at the time Number three, Bad Girls, number two, No Escape. I have not heard over those two, those two films, and number one was Four Weddings at a Funeral, which had been number one for like five straight weeks. Okay, you'd heard about that one. That one. Take a little bit. Bad Girl has I feeling in my fingers it shure does. Yeah, wow, filling the romance. Someone said, you feeling, that's the betest thing. I don't know what. I was around a ninety for minutes and how Bad Girls is a cow girl movie about four I guess female bandits in the Old West. Who is it? I think it's your Girl. Drew Barrymore is in it. Okay. It is a follow up to Bad Boys. It is not unrelated to the movie Bad Girls. Bad Girls. I think they're going to do, Sure, they're going to do I think it's any mcdale, Madeleine Stowe, Mary Stuart Masterson and Drew Barrymore And yeah they're have me it, Drew. So yeah, there's that.
Speaker 4: And No Escape is uh film in Australia. Actually it's sort of like a future prison colony movie.
Speaker 2: It's like, oh, the worst of the worst gets sent to this prison island and there's two like warring tribes or something like that, and thrust into the middle of it is Super well not super soldier, but badass soldier Rayleotta, who yeah, the bad tribe once and is like oh, yeah, we can use this guy's like a living weapon. And he's like, no, I think I want to go to hang out with the good guys. Re made in twenty fifteen, apparently Owen Wilson. No, that's they just recycled the title. As we tend to do these Robins is transferred to absolom An Island prison, where he learns about a primitive and dangerous society of prisoners. He sets out to find an escape route so that he can expose the prisoner's truth. Well, yeah, that's the thing he wants to escape, but apparently there is no escape. Railyota another memory lost too early. I know, Aman Ray, cool dude, good movie, no escape, losing all the bad asses, right, indeed, yeah, Live fast, Die younger. But there might be some truth to that. Yeah all right, so I'm living slow? Yes indeed, all right, so yes, I said the original eight May fifth, nineteenty four, they were the top three films. The number one song at the US on the US Billboard charts at this time was Ace of Bass, the sign oh I saw the same nineties kids love that song. I'm taking that you don't like that song, I don't mind. Ace of Bass I don't like rock set, I don't know. I only need that song, and I know that, Oh that she wants is that.
Speaker 4: I watched some documentary about as bas because I always thought I was being very literal and thinking, what she wants another baby as in Google Gaga. But she just wants another baby like another partner lover.
Speaker 2: Yes, what are their what are their main songs? Sign and all that she wants? All that she wants, but the signs the big one, right, was all that she wants? Was that big? I think it's all that she wants for me, not his kidders was number one was Demanding Without Understanding. So that was number one film with the number one song on the US Billboard charts. When this episode originally aired, I Guess, starring Phil Hartman, of course, as Lionel Hunts. It was a production Code one F one nine, written by the legendary John Swartzwelder and directed by Jeffrey Lynch. Chopboard game. There are plenty of businesses like show businesses and the couch gay that Simpsons sit on the couch and find themselves on the set of The Late Show with David Letterman, so many just nods to the past and oh yeah, at the time, it wasn't a not to the past. Week watching it and you're like, oh, let them then take me back very nineties episode, wasn't it? Yeah? Looking at looking at this, even that cartoon rendition of Letterman's like, oh, remember we used to have those great late night talk shows. People's talked on talk shows. Oh yeah, got gimmicks, nuts, stunts. Let's not get into that ranch. We knew that's a whole new episode. So the episode kicks off with a sunny morning in Springfield. Butt and Lisa, they're in the doorway of their home. They're about to leave. They're awaiting the school bus and busses how can they amp prison us in school and on a beautiful day like this? And very often you feel like this way when you're a kid. Elliot's starting to get to the point where he's like, do I have to go to school? He's doing well at school, he likes to going to school. But you know, you can't help to get to a point where you go, there are so much other things I would rather be doing. Oh, absolutely, But you gotta sort of realize you're going to see all your friends, buddy, you will miss this when you are nineteen and you're not at school anymore, you have to arrange to see your friends. It's not just something that all your friends are going to be doing. They're going to the same place. You're going to miss it. I remember hearing some story.
Speaker 4: I think it was a friend of mine who their daughter went to school for the first time, went like on their first day and came out.
Speaker 2: It was like, well that was good. Yeah, I had fun, Like, oh, you'll enjoy going back tomorrow. Wait, what.
Speaker 4: Didn't Wite tweets like this is your life for the next for the forthcoming future.
Speaker 2: I feel I feel like it would be a miss for me not to mention the kid. So you excited for school? Uh huh, you're going to miss your mom. That is one of my favorite I feel so sorry for the kid, but it's just a realization of oh ship, I was going to be there gusing that that kid probably called the teacher mum. That's something you're going to miss your mom. It's just that we all a little attacker. But yeah, Lisa says, I'm not going to be imprisoning us, and then obviously arrives in the prison bus because the school bus has broken down, and he says to hurry up and get in or you're gonna blow their heads off because he's got a shining thing going on with the bus. Lines like that just sort of skim over my head. But I'm watching it now with the kids, and I'm thinking that's a pretty heavy line. It's a kid's cartoon. Get in there, your heads off. But anyway, so they're on there now, and the door slam shut, just like a prison cell. Wood slam shut. Kids playing the harmonica, rattling the can on the wall. Every kid goes into the jailhouse immediately. I love that. But looks out the window as the morning score plays again, the morning mood, whatever it is, and he envisions himself on a raft of Huckleberry Finn and ally and misspelling one of your most famous presidents, underchieverd and proud of it. Maybe you shouldn't be skipping school, But yes, there's an extra l in that Lincoln. But kids then arrive, they arrive at school and they've got the new ultra hard posturific chairs. They've just arrived. It reminds me we've just reviewed a leader of our own for Tales of Futurama, on our Patreon with the funny chairs. Wow, kind of like it's like unified theory, except maybe it's just they're all no original ideas. Yeah, but they're designed by eminent posturologists to eliminate slouchy by the year three thousand. As you're saying in your trivia, now I've got here, note slouching probably worse than ever right now because we spend so much time not just at school but sitting at a computer desk. Oh. Sure, my posture is terrible.
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, I mean I'm finding myself in creaking increasingly aware he is creep by that. Yeah, I'll find myself sort of like like, oh I'm gonna get out.
Speaker 2: Of bed and go to the bathroom. It's like creepy crack. There's always that. But it's like, am I sort of am I on an angle? Am I sort of leaning down? Have I got?
Speaker 4: Am I going to become Hans Molment essentially? So yeah, I really have to check myselfs.
Speaker 2: Like posture has ruined my ruin my life. I'm thirty one years old. Yeah, stand up straight man. It's but yeah, lesson that you kind of have to keep reminding yourself of isn't it one hundred percent? And I think also too, because we're so so often during the day now we are looking down at a screen. Well, yeah, you go, you go out in public and everyone's looking down our Next they're going to evolve to be like this.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, we're gonna We're all gonna be like Quasimoto. Yeah, little hunchbacks of Notre Dame. Um not to sort of call this kid out, but yeah, I mean, I think lovely Luise has said to her to her son, feelix, everyone's like, do this every once in a while. Make sure your heads sort of make sure your neck is straight. Otherwise you know, yeah, your head's gonna be in like a weird angle. You're going to be scooching around like a little like a little troll person.
Speaker 2: Elliott, he's just discovered the whole. I think I've mentioned it leaning back on two legs on a chair, and then when I school and everyone's and everyone's doing it, I'm like, mate, he's doing it in the kitchen chairs. I go, you know, hurt yourself in to break my chair. I'm gonna be twice as piste. It's broken son and broken chair. I can't be not good times. But Martin, he's having back spasms. She says, don't worry. Eventually your bones will change shape. Milhouse can't have any he doesn't have any feeling the less out of his body. Yeah yeah, yeah, and the clock since have been running fast all semester. They need to stay back an extra two hours. As revealed, the bart did it with his little bastard clock tamper and kid, I miss the days of when we needs to have little bastards, get a little bastard branding. Yeah, yeah, but he used to have them all the time, little bastard something king. Yeah, and they don't do it anymore season twenty. Do it more, go back in time. That's some to season twenty and add more of these tampering kits and whatnot, just insert them by magic or the magic of editing. Yes, but gazes out the windows. He's a squirrel, sun rainbow deer. And then Freddie Quinby and his girlfriend arrives and he says, to think I got all this out there, dropping out of obviously the fourth grade, because where Bud is right now, Bar's like, that's it, I'm getting out of here. But besides, he's going to write a fake note, and I really like this. So he says, my mum's numbers on ever you want to double check, so no worry, I believe you. I love the gamble here. I love the gamble of putting Marge's number on there, just hoping that she doesn't actually double check. But there's also the assumption of right, well, by the time she has checked, I could have gotten away far enough from school by now, because it has that level of well, he must be telling the truth because he's willing to let me call his mum. So he's just like the names everyone to call. Is she going to actually do it? Oh? Am? I going to get away with this? It's going all in. It is going all in. I appreciate the gamble.
Speaker 4: You've really ramped up your scheme, haven't. He's like, this could pay off big time or could just completely explode in my face.
Speaker 2: It's like we watch Judge Judy right, and the person says, she goes, so if I call your insurance company, will they say you're insured? At this point they go yeah, okay, they actually actually maybe it expired the day before. You're on the day before the morning. But I just love that in that moment they go well I might as well go for it. Yeah, they would say that and stop going to go check, like, oh the blust being called that's why I don't play poker. Yeah, I would be terrible at reading people and I would have an inability to bluff. Yeah, but the note says sorry for my handwriting, I've busted whatever hand it is that I write with, and he says, you were right to be suspicious, Edna. So they go to the crimea Yeah, the visual missus Kate just smoking a dart in the background. I love it.
Speaker 4: And yeah, I mean I was better, say, very nineties computer sort of set up, and the crime the whole whole yeah, whole punch cards or whatever.
Speaker 2: This feels like sort of like the fifties or the six Yeah, there's something you've seen in the X Files. Maybe, Yeah, I think we're a little further along in the early nineties, even though late eighties. There's ninety four when an X file start ninety four ninety three, it was ninety three, right, it feels like that.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: We watched the first two seasons of X Files, and it's just one of those ones where I'm like, I'm gonna I'm gonna go back to this. We're currently watching er as you be well aware. Yeah, really enjoying it. But I said to Nicola, we need to watch at most one episode of Night because I'm starting to see the formula. Oh and once once you see the formula, you just it takes you out of it. Oh. Absolutely, And there's nothing wrong with having the formula. But because they weren't made to be binged, it was a.
Speaker 4: Once a week shark. Yeah, so yeah, you had enough stuff going on the rest of the other six days. It's like by the time you get back to we are, it's like, God, I guess is the woman. But you sort of embrace the familiarity of it as well. It becomes a feature rather than a bug.
Speaker 2: Well for me, it's just like Nick and I have a little game now where it's all calm or whatever that's talking and we're just waiting for the it's always the music, and then they always get the body and they pull them onto the tables like that's the music. It gets me every time. It's hilarious. No one goes into that hospital casually. It's fucking boom that the doors open. No one goes into the hospital that way, By the way created by Michael Krist Yeah, executive produced by Steven Spielberg. What did they collaborate on. I think it was this film called Cretaceous Part Jurassicville, Yes, something along those lines. Yeah. With their powers combined, they created a Jurassic Park. Oh wow. Okay, And we just discussed it on some other podcasts with some schmugs. I don't know what's his name, some schmuzz We may have heard of him. Indeed, tune in to the movie Guard with Molton Davis. Well, we talk about Jurassic Park. It is back, baby. Lenard has been unwell, but we're back now after a month, and we discussed Drassic Park because the recent release of Jurassic Rebirth, which I enjoyed it. That wasn't the greatest film, but I enjoyed Guy not so much. So you'll hear his thoughts on that. But we're going to do a proper review of Jossic Rebirth as well, once Leonard had seen it.
Speaker 4: Indeed, and Lennard was back with a vengeance because yeah, we were thought, well we'll just talk for a twenty minutes or so, we end up going for closer.
Speaker 2: Now. Alice was back as well.
Speaker 4: Alice was chiming in from the from the sidelines, but no, he was a load of a bear and ready to go.
Speaker 2: It was a good talk. We talk of a million hour about Jurassic Park, and the week after may possibly be Soupman as well, because Superman's just come out. Correct a lot of It's summer in the US. We're finally getting some movies to watch. The Blockbusters are here, yes, but so as we're saying, they're in the crime lab that the results are inconclusive because the only student who has agreed to have the what do they call it, it's an electronic tracking device, yeah, is Martin and so they can't find But then they have the good cop bad cop routine with Lisa trying to get some information as to where bart is, but she obviously she actually has no idea Spiller, where's your your better? Runs around Lisa, he's a bad man. What are you laughing about?
Speaker 3: You stayed up as the bad and no any good one. You and Lily got mixed up that ten moves ago.
Speaker 2: We did not now where's Park? You better tell me? You better tell him last week.
Speaker 3: I cannot control him when he gets like this?
Speaker 2: What bad man?
Speaker 4: Skinner and Willie doing yes, good Cop, bad Cop, but constantly changing roles and now realizing messing with the flow Yes, and Lisa being awfully amused.
Speaker 2: By This four figure discount is brought to you by our incredible supporters on Patreon. With your support, we're able to hire editors, purchase new equipment, and everything else that goes into producing top quality shows. Each and every week, our supporters get early in add free access to every show, new episodes of Tales of Futurama, Talking Side Fuld and Speaking of the Heel each month, as well as access to exclusive Facebook and Discord communities. So go ahead and support the show today for as little as just one dollar at patreon dot com slash four figure discount. Bart is just hanging out by a river, mortgaging his future. The joys of mortgaging his future, he says. And he sees a silhouette and he thinks he's fantasy from before with l I c O and has coming to life and now it's two hoboes. Dear Barty boy, be so scary as a kid.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all do you respect love and everything to U? People who are currently unhoused or anything like that? But yeah, I think when you're a kid, you're a little scared of them, and yeah, for them to then hit you with the other barrel of like I want to see there, Baddy, not good?
Speaker 2: No, no no. Then Skinner thinks, well, he's at the Springfield History Museum, and he thinks he's got to be because where else would a kid be? Where where else would you go? I was a child, where would I go? I'd be right here. I've got you now, Simpson, Mom, I'm so out of touch. Yeah no, it's not quite yes, but he gets he gets into the matinee of the R rated Triple Feature. I love the Triple Feature as well, just the idea of being out in town when when you're ten, right bart being out in town when everyone else is at working at school. It's like I've got the town to myself. You know, i can do what I want. I'm seeing all these things that happen during the day that wouldn't necessarily happen on the weekend because there's more people around here. Just going to the matinee show, go into the auction house, that kind of stuff that is growing up stuff when you're a kid. But it's cool. It's like I wouldn't normally get to do this. I'm going to do it. No, the whole world that actually exists while I'm doing my maths yeah nine to three in Yeah, in the classroom. See that. In Australia we say maths. That's true. We say we say maths and we say sport. Yes, I say sports, that's right. Yeah, yes, you're right. Yeah, we'll discuss this. Who's right? I like, I think we know? So he is not at the at the museum, is he? That's not what bud. He's going to the to the matinee, the matine of the Triple Feature. But also he's not at the four H Club either. Why there are no children here at the four H Club either? Am I so out of touch?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: It's the children who are wrong. You know you're getting old. There's there's key moments in the Simpsons where you realize, oh, I'm I'm old now. So you watch this one, you go, I've had a moment in my life where I've gone is this bad or out of touch? Or is this good? Way at It's the children are when you're blaming younger people and you're going young people's haircuts or young people's music is no good anymore. You go, oh, it's actually fine. You're just old. You don't like you, you're old Grandpa where he says, you know, it'll happen to you, It'll happen to you that moment. I've experienced it, you know it just I used to be with it. Now they've changed what it was, and it's like, oh, oh yeah, I'm so, I'm gone. Yeah, you're you're absolutely washed.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's a certain time in your life or you've got enough energy and enough sort of drive to think I'll try to keep up at the very least. Ll yeah, yeah, and I'll probably embarrass the young people around me by saying, oh, time to get jiggy with it, or oh is that.
Speaker 2: Choogy or something? Well, man with the skateboard, you're trying to use the slang or whatever. But then and I found as I've reached the stage where it's like you're using you're using that phrase, but you're using it wrong. I know what you're using it for, but that's wrong.
Speaker 4: Like I'm sure I've said this on one of the shows recently, how either gen Z or Jen Alpha is using the term out man. It's like, well, you're tired you don't take a little nap. That's understandable you're young. But no, it's like, no, they're fired up or angry about something.
Speaker 2: It's like, no, crashout means you're crashing out. It meant that. It doesn't mean that anymore.
Speaker 4: I imagine if I said to another another member of Generation Exit, I'm like, oh, man, what a day.
Speaker 2: I'm crashing out? Like, yeah, man, go take a light out for twenty minutes. Understandable. They wouldn't say, really, what's got you're so mad? We have a friend of our ale it's got a friend and his mum is twenty five the same the other next I said, oh, she's she's just pretty young on these photos on Facebook, and goes, well, she is young. I said, no, she's twenty five nicolarly goes, she's nearly twelve years younger than us. I go, oh, she's in the mid twenties and she's twelve years Like she's more than a decade younger. Oh yeah, I'm getting old, Like I'm at that point where I'm starting to realize, oh no, you're nearly forty. Oh yeah, I'm actually I'm oldish. Yeah old? What forty is where you start to get we can start sort of being classified as getting old. I think you're you're not old. Is that a bad thing? But forty where you start going, oh, you're not young anymore? Oh yeah, there's no turning back the clock.
Speaker 5: No, I li.
Speaker 2: The other day I caught up with a good friend of mine, Liam. Do you have any bad friend? Because they always seem to be good friends, which is great.
Speaker 4: We have friends friends, you know who you are. I view him very much as like a peer, even though he is younger than me.
Speaker 2: I just old pc Liam. Yeah, yeah, we have driver conversations all that kind of stuff. I never feel like, let me tell you a couple of things about life, shun. But he mentioned his dad, and his dad's age is pretty close to my age. Yeah, I mean his.
Speaker 4: Dad even maybe a little older or not there. I'm I'm probably knocking on the door of his dad's age. Was like, oh oh boy, yeah, a bit bracing. But you know, you're only as young as you feel.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because we saw these like twenty two year olds and they basically sort of I could tell that talking to me like I'm an old guy, and I thought, oh yeah, I felt like I was with them, and I was like, oh, no, I'm the old guy. Yeah. Yeah, anyway, I don't feel old, but I obviously am. Oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: I was listening to something the other day where they were talking about I think it may be around forty when.
Speaker 2: It almost like the that's the mortality of my life is starting to hit me. I'm like halfway to death.
Speaker 4: But no, you reach forty and it's kind of like, oh, that's where I'm that's where you stop. I mean, your body starts getting.
Speaker 2: Older and all that. You have to start looking after yourself. Yeah, but it's not it's not.
Speaker 4: Like you're being immature or something like that. But it's like, yeah, this is the this is the end stage of your development. Unless you want to be very sort of deliberate about you've peaked. Now I've got to learn more.
Speaker 2: I have to you know, I've got to be curious about the world. And yeah, you really should be. But oh, it's tough on you're talking about that. But oh yeah, because the children are wrong, well not getting honest's the children who are wrong as usual, skinners on the ball, but children are wrong. But is actually at the Springfort auction House, Fombling the vacant lot and sold to the small man with the running nose for two point three million, and he runs off laughing. Then the man who also bid two point one million runs off laughing. Do you have any real bids? This is literally eBay. Now. I've mentioned before, I think on the podcast where I sold something recently, and then the guy messaged me about a day later saying, hey, do you mind if we wait until next Tuesday so I can pay because my payday? And I go, yeah, sure, no worries mate, And it got to Tuesday. Nothing. I see him a message on Wednesday saying hey mate, what is you going to pay for those? For those toys? And on Thursday he goes, I don't want them anymore. I go, but you've won them, and he goes, yeah, I found a cheaper price elsewhere I went. But you've won the auction. I said, you have to pay for him. He goes, yeah, Well if you leave me negative feedback, I'll leave you negative feedback. Right. Welcome to eBay in twenty twenty five, buddy, Facebook marketplace, is this still available? Sure, tumbleweeds? Oh yeah, like what the fuck? Man? Yeah? I mean I've been fortunate recently in the there is no accountability now with purchasing things on eBay or Facebook marketplace. Oh yeah, I mean I've been lucky recently with Facebook Marketplace and two, like I've had some semi regular buys of stuff that are put up there. But yeah, also getting that thing about yeah, they're hitting the table like is this still available? And I'm like, yes it is. Are you interested? Hello? Where are you? Who you account? Who dis The thing is though, what really annoys me is Nicholas sold a porticott last week, right, and the person said, I'm going to be coming. I can only come at nine to forty five in the morning after drop the kids off from school, blah blah blah. Can you make sure someone's available? Like cool? So I changed my schedule around, made sure I was home this and that and the other didn't I was going to go out and do something, I guess like ten o'clock. A message Nichola saying they haven't come yet, and a person writes back at ten thirty saying, oh, yeah, I bought it efery one yesterday, so not only did not buy it, but it even tell us Yeah. So I lost like an hour and a half of my morning waiting for this person to go, I bought another one yesterday's no thanks, I've changed my mind. Honestly, should we start the channel we were talking about called don't want to get demonetized. But shit's fucked and just you know I have these gripes. Yeah, I mean literally ruined by morning. I was so annoyed. I went, I don't mind it, you're not buying it, but tell me, yes, you bought something you knew yesterday too. Why, George Costanza, we live in a society people. Ah, anyway, when time is so precious. I'm nearly forty. Time is precious, tell me about it. So yeah, just there needs to be more accountability for people on my marketplace, going, well, you need to like some people say you need to live deposit before they'll do pending. I understand that now. I used to say, well, no, I'm not giving you a deposit. You might just keep my money. It's like no, no, they've obviously been screwed around.
Speaker 4: Yeah here's the thing I sold. You had some Blu rays to this guy and West in Australia the other day and paid instantly and then he saw, oh you've got these other ones. Yeah, okay, I'll take those as well, and it was like too late for me to go to the post office. I'd say it, said okay, look first thing to Moro, will take care of that, and then I couldn't do it.
Speaker 2: That morning. I felt so guilty because he paid me. Yeah, I was like, yeah, I mean, I've got to get this stuff to him as soon as possible, I felt. But yet to Jack at first, well natural ship to do the priorities. Yeah, finally got it sent off and all that kind of isn't you know? That was a load off my mind. But yeah, I can't get my head around people who were like, oh no, I bought another one or I'm not telling you. Yeah, yeah, anyway, But Homer and Bart is where we talked about earlier. They see each other. How do you do, sir? It's always the great Dancy's voice of I don't know, the posh voice. Yeah yeah. But then Skinner finds a spore. Do you know what a spore is? Hmm? A spore refers to a track, trail or sent left by an animal, which could be used to follow or identify them. Who finds Bart's double mint bubblegum? Here? Trying to double your fun? Simpson? How about to double your detention, which you're mentioning earlier. Skinner now says that we enter end game, which now endgame is obviously Avengers. Now, isn't its Endgameers like, oh, it's the Avengers movie. Yeah, I mean it was always a great phrase to you. Yeah, I mean it's yes, term of course, but yeah, I mean, yeah, it just sounds like now we're at an endgame. She just got realized. Yeah, it really did. Bart sees him as he walks out of the ice cream store and bales. We got a great montage year of just Bart running away. Now he's a clip here. I'm pretty sure they say the commentary. I forgot to revisit the commentary for this review. I apologize, but I'm pretty sure him running down the cliff face or and then the grassy field of the mountain was taken from Camp Rusty when the Rocks were chasing after them, But then it just included Bart. I've heard about that as well. I'm pretty sure that it's reused stock footage. Yeah for that because they wanted to pad it out a bit. Nothing wrong with that, No, nothing wrong with it at all. And yeah, so then we get him cutting the bridge behind it is that reference or anything? Cutting the bridge? I know he's got a T one thousand. It is it just the terminator this part here it feels more Terminator too. It doesn't really feel like Arnold. It feels more like Robert Patrick's Team one thousands. It does.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and the bit with Bart cutting the bridge, it, I don't know, it feels like it could be anything. I got Indiana Jones and the yeah. Yeah at the end with the prepared ye was that Yeah, that's when he's hold out the sword and shit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, good movie. We revisited that, didn't we review A Temple Doom. I don't know if we did. I'm pretty sure we touched on it for some reason, and I was just like, this is incredibly racist this movie. But it was nineteen eighty four. Yeah, I love that movie. It's not a kids movie though at all. No, No, well, pretty much responsible for the PG thirteen rating, was it, really? Yeah? I think that in Gremlins, Yeah, because Kremlin is not a kids movie. No, I've got some kind of gruesome stuff in it. And yeah, before you had the in America at least with their rating system, you had PG and you had AH. So it's funny you look back at like the seventies and early eighties, Jaws was PG, I believe so, yeah, or that that would have been R right. Oh no, I'm pretty sure it was PG. Really.
Speaker 4: I was about to say, you go back to the seventies and early eighties and you look at stuff that's rated PG, it's like, wow, what Kuberama rated?
Speaker 2: Well, that's an R rated feature.
Speaker 1: Yeah, guy, he is like some sort of man giving up school guy.
Speaker 2: There must have been an original line there, because his mouth does not sync up in any way with non giving up school guy. His mouth like all over the place. Well, did you do a bit of lip reading? It's animated. I can't really tell. I thought it might have been a deleted scene. We're going to touch on some deleted scenes in just a few moments, but it was no deleted scene there. I thought maybe they tweak something. But then he's climbing the cliff face. It looks down it's his Skinner climbing after him. Pretty cool front on shot of Skinner. He's coming after him with the terminator. He hides behind that rock and just as the car is driving Passkin is about to pounce on him, and we realize that Bart has jumped in the car because they planted the seat a bit earlier, that Freddy Quimby was driving around in his car correct and has now jumped in the back. I'm not paying you to talk. They arrive at the Quimby Compound. I love the idea of being a compound. It's not just Squimby residents, it's the quick compound. Yeah, Freddy burst through the the hedge and displays the Quimby with that's one the public's hard by grabbing a football and chucking in the punch. Such good lines. It's such a dickhead. It is such a good line.
Speaker 4: I am sure that both of you and I know someone who would probably do something like that at a party to announce their presence.
Speaker 2: Yeah, guess what the party? Time to get the party started, because I'm here and in their minds are what a dickare. But but just like we're clapping like everybody else. Nice one. We've always been a fan. He of this scene of the people who get splashed by the punch first and foremost, and they clearly bothered by it. They've got fans in their face, and he says a line and they smile and it's like these people here all come across like people who have been paid to be there. Because Quimby introduces, that's my nephew, Freddy. What's Freddy's eighteenth birthday? Why is this person there? Freddy Quimby? So I feel like, just to make just the Boosty's ego, the Quimby has just hired people to be there. It's the social event of the season, I'm sure, so they need to pad the numbers. Mate bumps into Quimby. Who are you, little boy? He says, he's his long lost nephew. I think, but but but deleted scene hit me all right? So after this, Quimby then introduces he goes, oh, well you know my mother or your name? Introduces Daisy right, an old relative his mum, who gets around in one of those devices like a dalek but it's like the whole bodies in the and in the so like a portable iron lung. Yeah, that kind of thing. And Bart speaks to her and she responds via the beep sounds okay, So he says, you know, what's your favorite cartoon? Beep road Run? I hate? But then she actually speaks and says, can you get me a piece of cake. It adds nothing. It's not funny. It's so bizarre. And she has been introduced in later episodes as not in this state. She's She's just a woman, right, an etherly woman. And I'm glad that deleted deleted sends usually deleted for a reason, this one, this one no good.
Speaker 4: It's as usually been absolutely completely deleted, not even including deleted scene. Yeah, but forget it existed.
Speaker 2: But then sees ran Nei wolf Castle, but he doesn't call him Randy wolf Castle. He calls Hi Big Bain. I love that he's Big Bane. Maybe Bane your last movie suck screwed problems from day one, Wigan says, the Magicicket, My ask meic Bane. This is one of those moments I was talking touching on earlier, where as a kid, it's just funny here and Wigham say Magicket, Big Bane. He's like, oh my mind, your heart is breaking. You feel like it's that's as funny, but it's a Last Action Hero reference. It really is. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Oh they've gone yeah, they've gone pretty deep on it, because yeah, Last Hero, Last Action Hero came out in ninety three, and I was kind of like, oh, it's such a weird movie. It's me against Jurassic Park, and I'm going to take it down because he was kind of untouchable at that stage. I mean, he's coming off Terminator Too. Had he done Junior or Twins yet?
Speaker 2: He's done Twin okay, and maybe even Kindergarten Cop was two Yeah, yeah, yeah, so he's he's riding high because yeah, Twins did really well. Terminator Too was a big hit, so I was. Kindergarten Cop was twenty two? Was that was ninety two? Wasn't it ninety one? Yeah? Yeah, Kindergart and Copper success. That means happy. But I like that movie. I don't mind it. E that's pretty good.
Speaker 4: And I was thinking where if I can buy action and comedy the two things I am excelling out or the audience will love it.
Speaker 2: And yeah, you're right.
Speaker 4: Last Action Hero is a weird movie, but it's got all this terrific talent involved. Directed by John mc tinnan, who they die hard, and I know it's sort of been reclaimed a bit lately. It's like, oh yeah, that sense of him we thought was weird in ninety three is now kind of ready for it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's what we do now.
Speaker 4: But I remember in this great article about the making of Last Action Hero and yeah, they talk about script problem from day one, I really did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and they sort of brought on all these other people, these high profile writers to try and fix it up, and they kept adding stuff and adding stuff, and it was like too many different voices. Yeah, you've a.
Speaker 4: House designed by like seven architects, and so no wonder audience was going.
Speaker 2: Wait one, now the Star Wars new sequels pretty much.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, so I love Yeah. I just thought that was a really really nifty shout out and just get great work with my mundy heart is breaking. It would be in the hum view because yeah, am was driving around in humbies all the time, as well as like, yeah, this is the only cub big enough for the Austrian oak.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and his wife was Maria at the time. And his wife was Maria Shreiber, who was Kenadi adjacent because it wasn't it through marriage or something. Yeah, so it's now time for I've got here lunch. But we have a line letter in an episode. We might as well touch on it now. Moe gets paid off, right and he goes Freddie Kumbi was with me for the entire night in question, wasn't his party during the day? It wasn't. But wasn't this a daytime thing? How did Yeah, it doesn't make any sense, that's true, and didn't really there was no night in the question. It was daytime. Hell was part at this party? Why is it dinner time now? And but I go home at nighttime? It's just anyway, so it's time for dinner or whatever, and we get the chowder. At the moment, I want to stop him said, I want to stop using the word iconic because there's there's too many iconic moments in the Simpson That word it gets thrown around too much, lends robbed off of me. The word iconic, right, But when it comes to moments of people member from the Simpsons, the chowder is pretty up there. It very much is. Yeah, and for good reason, I really love just how much of a dickhead Freddie Quimby is oh just the chow dare chow chowtter? Say it right? You can't, you can't. You gotta get fullgret to Dan see here, right, he made this moment. But when the the waiters like, I've had enough, I'm not through demeaning you. Is does the ultimate heel dickhead line, I'm not through demeaning you. Get back here.
Speaker 4: I think you'll find a lot of people who'll say they judge the quality of another person by how they treat weight staff. Yeah, I mean you have been to a restaurant.
Speaker 2: We touched on it recently on one of our podcasts. It might have been a passion of the jew where it's the things you can get away with. I'm not get away, but the looking after local businesses, supporting local business right, being nice of them, and you'll the karma will come back to you. I think might have been talking about Leila of Varone we're talking about, which is exclusively on our Patreon. You have not heard that or yet? It means you know supports on patreons, so please do so, please do so. We review every episode of Futurama, Seinfeld, King of the Hill. What else do we do on there Berger's bobs Pods. We talk about so many shows and in such great detail and such great depth, and such great insight and wit and all that good stuff. But I often I often share this meme on the page when it's Christmas time or what of it's busy time, Be kind to retail staff, Oh sure, because they aren't your enemy. They are just trying to get through life, pay those bills, and they are the middle mare between you getting your product right and between the business and you get your products. So just be kind to them. They will look after you if you are nice and polite. I guarantee you probably eight out of ten people that go to these places are probably shit customers who are rude and expect to expect that the whole world revolves around them. If you are kind and polite to these retail staff, or just waiters or anyone in general, they will go the extra mile for you. I love good cliche, as listeners of the show will realize, but there are a few that sort of very much apply to the situation. One of it is you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar, to which the response is, why do you want to catch flies? Or just don't be a dick. Dick is a really good one.
Speaker 4: But also this is one they get to use a lot. It's right up there with you know, live, laugh, love, but you know, but you see it a lot when people are you know, having a dark knight of the soul and posting stuff on social media, basically saying be kind. Everyone is fighting a battle you don't know about. It's a bit corny and a bit cheesy ingredients of good chowder, one might say, but it's very very true. The person behind the count who is kind of like, yeah, not giving you their a game or one hundred percent, or don't have their game face on.
Speaker 2: They've had a bad day. They may well be having a shit day, had a bad day. Who's saying that? That was Daniel? Oh, I want to say bedding Fee Yeah, benningfod Yeah, and attaches your sister. Yeah that's right. Yes, what a power couple of siblings there.
Speaker 4: Uh yeah, but yeah, anyone who treats weight staff badly especially it's like, you know, bring me more more wine, more more chowder or whatever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you kind of it's Daniel Powdered, by the way, not Daniel Beddingfield. I just want to make sure the power. It was Daniel. Somebody's Daniel Powder. Yeah, there is a Daniel Beddingfield. It is, Yes, who did not sing bad Daniel Power, who has probably only ever had that one hits. It turns out it's just like an icon. But he's like you made that. Someone then you had a lot of bad days. He's listening to this podcast, going, it's me, it's me, it's powder. Right, you nailed it. You did really well there. But yeah, that's all I say.
Speaker 4: Just yea, treat your weight stuff well, because it's an indication of a low quality human being someone who Yeah, look, if you're getting bad service by all means you maybe don't leave a tip or.
Speaker 2: There's a reason you got spit in your food because you're being a dickhead. That's Yeah. We've all watched five Club and like, yeah, better be nice to wait stuff. There's one thing to take from that film. It's be nice to wait stuff. That's the main takeaway from fire Club. Yeah, there's nothing else in there. Four figure discount is brought to you by our incredible supporters on Patreon. With your support, we're able to hire editors, purchase new equipment, and everything else that goes into producing top quality shows. Each and every week. Our supporters get early in add free access to every show, new episodes of Tales of Futurama, Talking sci Fild, and Speaking of the Heel each month, as well as access to exclusive Facebook and Discord communities. So go ahead and support the show today for as little as just one dollar at patreon dot com slash four figure discount. Bro Freddie Quimby he was not nice to this guy. He tries to leave, I'm not through demeaning you, so you get follows after him, and I particularly also love the guy to the I think it's to his left as we're looking at Freddy, he just looked at him a bit of a sign out like, oh shit. Yeah. I love how they.
Speaker 4: Don't really sort of do too many cutaways or anything like that, but they Yeah, they're making it fairly fairly clear.
Speaker 2: Everyone thinks Freddy is kind of a penis out of a line, out of line here. There is no need for this, This is no need for this. Yeah, but just yeah.
Speaker 4: I initially wrote down just it's chowder, because that's just very funny. But I've got sort of like subsets underneath that. Yeah, one of those I'm not through demeaning you, which is hilarious, I think, Yeah, probably my favorite out of all. It's just when he's following me to the kid say it frenchly, chow, you're so terrible.
Speaker 2: Editing that the guy attempts it showed, and it's it's the face to laugh as well. Ha ha ha, chow dear show there. It's great work by dancing because he sort of telegraphed that laugh and it's the first thing you hear from Freddie when you when bart season outside the Windows just ha ha.
Speaker 4: Yeah, can you believe I got all this the fifth grad Great, that's great. Sorry, I want to make him more of an achiever than he actually was.
Speaker 2: But all that in that ten seconds, it's just as acting from Dan See on another level. Honestly, very good. How many how many characters he's He's appeared in several episodes throughout, but in the Golden Era, this was He's a one He's one time character in regards to the Golden Era, right, Freddy Quimby, Yes, but he packs so much punch in that fifteen seconds. Oh goodnessly shit.
Speaker 4: Now, whether it's the era that you know we were watching it in and you know we sorry, there is season five, so you know we're kind of in the midst of the.
Speaker 2: Gold Rusher and this is a really good era. Yeah, it just felt like an embarrassment of riches, didn't it. They were getting all these wonderful, wonderful characters. Yeahan Scorpia has another one. Frank Grime's another one. But I think Freddy Quimby as much as he's a dickhead, you just have to love it. Oh, because he doesn't care. Yeah, everybody loves a good heel and this guy's, this guy's are spectacular. Yeah, because at the end of the day, he didn't really do anything wrong. It's just it was rude. Yeah. No, he's just horrible. But he's dead. But he's not a criminal.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: But Bart sneaks into the kitchen, he finds the biggest Rice Krispy Square he's ever seen, text a bite out of it. Then Freddy and the way to enter, and we hear him getting attacked, and we just we hear it. We see the silhouettes. Bart's watching it.
Speaker 1: Say it friendship, Jay Chowder Liver real Okay, he wears for it.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna enjoy this, gets got it.
Speaker 2: And then enters afterwards and initially is more shocked by the fact that Rice Christie Square has a bite out of it, and then it turns out the way it's being probably beaten as well. DeLand the scene. Oh okay, after that moment, this scene actually went a little bit longer. After he says that, the woman next to him says, I actually heard him. I actually heard Freddy arguing with him over the chowder, and he says, what does that argue about? Can we all just agree it's a delicious sea food bisk And then the waiter on the floor goes so he says it differently. I think it's important that that's as funny as it is, you have to cut it out. It's surplus to requirements because you're explaining it's a pretty good gag. I guess I can hear, you know, Wigham saying it's it's a delightful cheap food bish. Yeah, because they I think this episode wants you to think that Freddye Quiby is actually guilty throughout right, because we don't we don't, we don't know what's happening. No, you wouldn't have it the way it is if there was no sort of element of doubt about it. I think it's hard to have any sympathy for the waiter if he's talking back to Wigham, it just it makes him come across like, oh, he's a smart ass too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, not that we're blaming the victim or anything like that, but yeah, I mean it's it does. Oh, it's a pattern of behavior. He's sort of this guy's a perpetual bear poker, just.
Speaker 2: As bad as each other, and we don't want that mentality throughout the episode. But come back from commercial, marges reading the paper that you mentioned earlier. Could we be nephew charge in beating Chowder said wrong? Marge says that she hopes he gets what's coming to him, but Bar claims he's innocent. I tell you he's innocent. And even though there were no witnesses, but I'm surprised no one and a crowded party saw what happened there. And he says, didn't you read it? No witnesses? Case closed? And then he reads the funnies, and what does he see in the Funnies? Well, Charlie Brown says, good grief. Yeah, who saw that coming. But back on the prison bus, I'm glad didn't go back to the school bus. It's still the prison bus.
Speaker 4: Just a quick sort of sidebar thought experiment. Whatever wouldn't you love it if you had a creative team like the caliber of say, vintage Simpsons.
Speaker 2: It's What's world? Akonda O'Brien, Yeah, made the pitch to the Charles Schultze State and did like an animated Simpsons era Simpsons vintag Eira style Peanuts show. Wasn't there a Peanuts show? Yeah? There were, but I mean it's not primetime TV. Yeah, I imagine you could. You could have made something really great they already did. I love the I love the existing yeah Peanuts specials, But I think it's going to particular crowd the Peanuts very I don't hate you know it hipster, but like very hips. Actually it might be right. I think it seemed too commercial if it wasn't had that.
Speaker 4: Actually, yeah, don't cut any of this out. I'm going to own my mistake. It's not even a mistake really, but yeah, you're right. It wouldn't be as much of a cultural phenomenon as something like the Simpsons, but it would be much loved.
Speaker 2: You know that. I'm a real sort of nerd, and I love the movies of Wes Anderston. That's it.
Speaker 4: It'd be It'd be his audience that would really dig a well done Peanuts show, because you know, I think Anderson has thrown like the VINSCAROLDI music into comple visits.
Speaker 2: Citizens have used it. Oh yeah, absolutely, yeah, you're right, it would be. It would be a cult hit. Yeah, Charlie band is still Peanuts is one of those things, if you know, you know, kind of thing. You don't see people talking about Peanuts anymore. Snoopy used to be everywhere. It used to be used to be merch everywhere. This sounds silly, I know, but I remember Macis had a thing Snoopy around the world thing going once where, like every country had their own version of Snoopy and it was like Stiffy with sombre fifty different. This is before pop vinyls, you know, fift different Snoopies a getting happen me here. He had to go McDonald's all these times to collect all these various snoopies. Great marketing campaign, but when it comes like I knew about Snoopy, but I didn't really know much about Peanuts. I knew who Snoopy was, but I didn't have any idea who Charlie Brown and all that was because it wasn't really a huge thing. Okay, yeah that makes sense. But as nineties kids got older like, oh yes, Charlie brand Christmas, and yeah, it's cool to not because it's not a everyone knows everyone knows Peanuts, but it's not on the level of Simpsons, is what I'm trying to say. Right, Yeah, if you said to my mum, what do you know about Peanuts, you'd go, Snoopy is in it. That's all she'd know. Okay, But yeah, I just think it's it's kept that cool factor because it's not on the level of Simpsons. So the hipster crowd, okay, where you're coming from here, But anyway, back on the prison bus and Bart comes clean to Lisa. He has to get off his chest. He has to tell somebody, so he confides in Lisa he knows a freak, the frog waiter got whacked, right, And she tells him where you have to come clean. You have to tell it because he's innocent. You can't let him go to prison. And she says, well, why can't you tell anybody? A Q skin at the window saying once he proves it, he was shipping him off to Christian military reform school and buzzes what he said, right my notes, Yeah, I get why Bart said this line. I get why Swartzweater wrote this line of the I saw the frog waiter get whacked, right, But in the grand scheme of things. For the sake of the story. You need that line there because you need as a viewer to think that some well someone beat up the waiter. Yeah, it's revealed at the end he just slipped and hurt himself. But if Bart saw it all unfolding, why would he say the frog waiter got whacked Because he knows he didn't get whacked. Right, It suits the It suits the story and what they want stage story at that time, they wanted to lead us. But it makes no sense that Bart would actually say the line the frog wader got whacked because you know he didn't get whacked. It's a good point.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The main sort of nippick I had about it that was like, I don't think Skinner's got the authorities ship you want to another smiler point here, I'm like skinnic and see people to other schools, like it can expel you from that school. Yeah, but you know he felt like, no, it's the parents would send you off to another school. It could just be an empty threat trying to break Bart and trying to break money games. Yes, yeah, but little authority figures will do that to you. But Lisa says, well, he is innocent. He'll be found not guilty by a fair and impartial jury. Cut to them watching home open jury duty of that Quimi kid hanging for this. But then my man Scott Christian, he's in the studio because Kate Brockman's out doing a live a live cross from the courthouse, and there's a little bit here. So it starts of awkwand just outside the country the county court room. I love the little bit. You don't hear him say, Kate Brockman, it's Aukman. Yeah, because sometimes they would cut to people and they missed the start or their cues. It's just a little thing. Yeah, you don't see it as much these days. All though, it was very funny the other night I was watching the ABC News and they were talking about the trial that's captivated the world. The whole is a mushroom trial thing. I know nothing about us. No, she tried to. She made people lacing mushrooms.
Speaker 4: Were deathcat mushrooms and the beef Wellington and then fed it to her in laws. Three of them died O.
Speaker 2: Great, not great. She had three in laws, um well mother and father in law and maybe like like an aunt.
Speaker 4: Or something sounds like a great person. Oh yeah, you have people coming forward saying she's evil. In the year twenty twenty five, we expect everything to run sort of very very smoothly, hahha. But yeah, you say, he's normally very slick and professional. They're like, we now, we cut now to our story about Aaron Patterson, and it was just like.
Speaker 2: A goat a goat getting tricking milk. It was kind of like home a bad memory. They had like a freeze frame on something and like.
Speaker 3: Good week movie.
Speaker 4: We're like the no, but they sort of cut back to the news reader who's clearly not flustered. It was like, we'll returning to that story in just a moment.
Speaker 2: You see, you know how professional, how good a someone is that being a news reporter when they have to make up for him mistake. Yeah, how they cover in real time. Except then they like they cut to another little bit and that kind of worked. It was like, we now returned to that story already progress, yeah, and then it sucked up again. Do you want getting We will get to that story and that's a sport and yeah, and it's the main.
Speaker 4: Story that everybody's talking about, is the lead story in the news. But yeah, I found that really funny, so and it reminded me of thatman.
Speaker 2: In that moment. Though, I feel like I, as a fewer, would appreciate more if they took the mickey out of themselves and made a joke about it as rather than go, we've got things that are controlled. Don't worry, we're very professional here. We'll get back to it at the moment, just be like, well, I know what happened.
Speaker 3: What are you gonna do?
Speaker 2: I think when you're talking about the death of three people and a woman being found guilty and going to prison for probably the rest of our life, you go, oh, spaghettios. But it comes back to wow, I didn't go, well.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but no, I love it when Hen's out in the field, and I very much liked what he was doing here, especially when he lets his sort of professional newsman uh pride and.
Speaker 2: Because what do they call it? Well, he says, yeah, behind these doors, a federal judge will laid it out steaming bowls of rich, creamy justice, much like chatter in a case the media have dubbed beat up waiter, and he goes, ah, this way to this report is just a way to gate but was shut it down at the Press Club. Personally, Wait to Gate is better. I don't even get what beat it beat Way to beat up, Waiter, don't get it. But he tries to sneak in quiet because it's a legal to broadcast, so we've got to be very quiet. Yes, and they slammed the door. I know you could read my boy yum yum yum yum yum yum yum yum yum yum yum yum yum yum yum yom. So this scene here the miyam yam yah right, absolutely baffling as to what the hell's going on when you're keep watching this, if you're if you are outside of the United States, you have no idea what's happening. It's just the joke, is you think, oh home. It's just so stupid that he's got nothing going on in his mind except for a cat sound Yeah yeah, yeah yeah, And he's so stupid that he's singing it in a tune. This is actually a jingle for a brand called Miami And have you actually listened to it? It's literally yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah yeah. I'm gonna play it for Have you ever listened to it? Here's the thing when I first watched this episode back in the day, it's like, I know that tune, but they never you can ever bite in Australia. No, that's the thing. I mean they must have alluded to it on other shows or something like that, or are you ready for it? Hit me? It makes you want to dance. It's so good, so you'd under stand way home, it would be like seeing it in his head. That's just catching as hell. It's when the music kiss kicks in, It's like, oh yeah, it's Georgie and bouncing. It's a real thing. It really is as all.
Speaker 4: Look, I won't say it ruined my brain, but it kind of rewinded my brain in some ways because anytime I hear like a really catchy ad jingle, now I think of Don Draper pitching it.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah. This yam yum yo yeah, yam yam.
Speaker 4: Yao, Peggy Olsen kind of thing. You just imagine someone at the ad agency because that I don't know if that's fifties or sixties or seventies, what it is.
Speaker 2: It's genius. It's genius. But imagine going to the client. Imagine going to mister meow Mix. Yeah, could be missus Meo Mix. Who knows, but you being in the guy with the piano. But yeah, they build up a pretty you know, good brand. We're selling a lot of cat food. It's time to break on through to the next level. How can we do that?
Speaker 4: How can we really capture market share? Advertising guy comes in, listen to this now.
Speaker 2: Ma'am meam now meaom yao meo meaw meam meam maw maw meow meo. And it keeps going, Oh yeah, how would you be I mean, if you're that's a gamble, right, yeah, if you're the head of if you're the CEO of meow Mix, It's like, wow, are we going to go all in on this? I think should we do it? Let's do it? And it seems corny, but it clearly worked. Oh god, yeah, yeah, because that's the Yeah. I didn't know that it was Meo Mixed, but I knew the tune. Even if I didn't know it was maybe like, you know, someone of the TV networks had shown like some kind of filler program is like crazy American ads or you know these can you believe those crazy Americans? Is how they sell capter now me, and you just sort of pick up on that way because it was familiar, Okay, even if I didn't know it was me. That's why it's such a great reference. And the Simpsons did this so well in the Golden Ere they had reference things where you would go, this has to be something, yeah, but it works just on the level of Homer stupid. He's just singing yam yam y. That's funny enough as a kid, right, it really is, right.
Speaker 4: How many times have we said, yeah, a funny voice just you know, gets you most of the way there.
Speaker 2: It's South Park to a t right funny voices. But the thing is the fact that it's actually a reference you like, it makes it a funnier and on top of that even better. I mean, Skinner has got his very serious face because he's your asses mind, that's rights. I would never say, that's right, you're cut off by home. He's got exactly the same face. He's got his he's got his serious during number two face. And you know it's always I know you can hear my thoughts. It's what it is.
Speaker 4: It's a fantastic gag. I mean, it's as I'd like to say, as smart as you need and as dumb as you like. It's fantastic a lot of it. So much the face, the face.
Speaker 2: He looks worried but also very serious, like's so good, like he's listening to you life and depth of the situation in the courtroom. No, it's TV jingles. Yeah, and that the face says that poker place all the way through. Uh, we we love you, John Schwartzweld, we love this episode. Then we have Matt Groening, he's the artist in the courtroom. It just looks like Freddy Quimby because it's Matt Graining's design. Yeah, and Nusse will throw it. He signs it. Yeah. Then the lawyer claims that the waiter is a shady character because he wasn't even bonn in this country. The press run to the phone next time, you tell me everything. I love those rebelations, like I'm not even wearing a tie. I'm not wearing a tie at all. Then we have most testimony. He says he was with Freddy Quimby the entire night in question, which I've already discussed. It doesn't really make much sense, but it was collecting can goods for the people of one of those losers countries. Oh man, then he's clearly innocent.
Speaker 4: But someone says he has innocent looking hair. I think that's it's either someone in the jewelry box or someone in the Yeah, you hear a lot of that sort of subtay Jay, It was clearly interest But you know, I just say something real quickly about sorry, they're collecting cans for people in those loser countries. When I went to the cinema the other day to see Jurassic World Rebirth, one of the ads they had beforehand was for you know, everyone sort of collecting recyclable bottles these days, like you can.
Speaker 2: Make some money off the seventy Yeah, that's the thing. They made it like this. It was this little girl who was collecting bottles on that and go. They made her out to be.
Speaker 4: This total girl boss who's like completely strutting around like I took lose on Felix. We looked at this kid made like three bucks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she shouldn't be the thing.
Speaker 4: Look, however, we can make ends meet these days by all means do so, but strutting around like yeah, check out the girl.
Speaker 2: Boy was like the made it also a bounces exactly. I said to Nicola the other day, we're doing been buying bottles because it's cheaper that way, buying by the bottle, right, yes, our Pepsi max and all right, yeah, and we put it through. You don't get as much because you go to get ten cents for a bottle and ten cents for a can. It doesn't matter the size, it's just it's one thing, one item to get ten cents, right. So I was like, oh, you didn't get much this time because it was all bottles. But then, as Nicola pointed out, yeah, but the bottles are cheaper to buy in the first place, so if you buy the cans, you're paying more than you're gonna get more when you when you recycle them, but you're paying more in the first place to get them in the house. So it all works out the same logical gal I was like, you might as well get the bottles. Might as well, yeah, because it works at the bottles on Amazon were a dollar twenty year later and the cans were two dollars ten. I was like, you know what, I'm gonna do, bottles, but yeah, so yeah, I do love watching those ads for local businesses at the movies. They're always funny, Lou said to me, because oh we should have an ad why not? Oh not us? But me, I'm just saying we should? Why actually? Yeah? Why not? Why not? Yeah? We got some news while while we were recording this episode. Can I talk about this? Hey? No, okay, fine. Some listeners of the show, particularly patrons, may know that I am just one to think that's where you would have the button? Soon we have have you heard about this that moment? Have you seen this? Were guys are having sound drops and we're going to have the road cars and guys gonna have his little button. So he's going to be a lot of sound bites going this. Thep the first is going to be full of them because guys been like this one's fun. I'm going to insist on the airhorn that goes. But yours truly has been studying for a certificate in Celebrincy, which means I could conduct weddings, funerals, other sort of ceremonies, not celibacy, not celibacy, I could teach lessons.
Speaker 4: But just been announced on an email saying guess what you were passed the course you are now certified.
Speaker 2: To do so satisfactory.
Speaker 4: Yes, indeed, so I've got to put the shingle out and say, guy Davis for all your funeral needs, and the love of the Luise was saying, you should make one of those ads that act that they blame the sentiments and I'm.
Speaker 2: Like, you planned to die soon? Have I got the man for you? Is your mum on death's door? Let me help, let me open it for it, and they will blay, let my love open the door. We just we just came up with that time fantastic. But anyway, yeah, lou was saying, yeah, you should make one of those, and I kind of considering. They tossed like five grand, not considering it as much.
Speaker 4: Now everyone wants to sort of get in on the ground floor and help help about help a brother out.
Speaker 2: I was going to do it years and years and years and years ago when I thought that local advertising would have made sense for the podcast when it doesn't actually, but it was like, yeah, just five grand a month, and I was like, I'd rather not, no, I'd rather not just backed away into the hedge. But yeah, what on, sir, thanks much? Been three months, been doing it six months, six months, six months, Yeah, just over six months. You should you got like emotional. Didn't you? I did a little bit. It's been a big part of your life, hasn't. It's been a lot of hard a lot of hard work. Indeed. Yeah, it's just nice when you've put so much effort int that you finally get the credit. Or it's like you it's you knew you were going to pass. I mean you've said that, like you're always you're never going to fail. But it's just knowing it's actually happened. I've officially passed. Now I can take the next step, take the next step, exactly, because that's what life's all about, taking the next step. It is indeed. Yeah, so Guy will not be on the podcast after season twenty because he's too good for this show. Now Mitch is making a comeback, which is like, I ain't coming back to that shit. It's going to be what do you say? It's in your what you know, It's in my thoughts, listeners, Mitch, Mitch, Mitch, Mitch, Mitch, Mitch, Mitch, Mitch, Mitch, Mitch Mitch. Four figure discount is brought to you by our incredible supporters on Patreon. With your support, we're able to hire editors, purchase new equipment, and everything else that goes into producing top quality shows. Each and every week, our supporters get early in add free access to every show, new episodes of Tales of Futurama, Talking Side Fuld, and Speaking of the Heel each month, as well as access to exclusive Facebook and Discord communities. So go ahead and support the show today for as little as just one dollar at patreon dot com slash fourthing a discount. But then where were up to in the episode? So we had the most most countries? Yes, yes, losing country, that's right. Losing countries can can goods. Yeah, but Wickham hands in the bags with the dollar signs, My laundry is done. I just think it's funny to think that someone in Cannon has gone to the effort of putting dollar signs on the money bags just to make sure that mode knows what that he's getting Money'd be pretty disappointing robbing a bank and not having the dollar signs, right. It's one of those things that's just it's done purely for the visual factor. So when you're watching a TV show whatever, oh, you know that there's money in there. But just I meationine if you went to a bank and he grabbed back and had dollars and this is the greatest. I want to run around with the old bag it with dollars on on it. Do you think, I know, would you look stupid? Do you think do you think people think when people think you just robbed the bank if you walked around with a with a bag a dollars on it.
Speaker 4: I think maybe one percent of the population would think bad. The others would go look at that, look at that hipster sack.
Speaker 2: But also, just as the Hamburgler, if you've got a bandit mask, yes, people are naturally going to make that assumption. But Bart says, look, he doesn't need my testimony anymore because he's gonna win, And Lisa says that's because he's buying his innocence and system works just as Klaus von Bulo. Yeah, we're talking a bit about class, won Buelo. You go for it. Yeah, I've already got you. Go for it, Okay. Klass won Bulau was a British socialite who was accused.
Speaker 4: Of murdering his wife. But yeah, Sunny von Bulo. By way of an illegal injection of insulin.
Speaker 2: She became a vegetable flight twenty years she was in vegetive state, static state or something it's called along those lines. Yes, yeah, and he was very much this sort of aristocratic type and Lyle Lanley Yeah, and everyone was kind of like, oh, but someone who speaks so well couldn't have done this kind of thing.
Speaker 4: And you know, and it was a very high the innocence. Oh yeah, he has an innocent looking hair. Accept I think he might have been bled. It was a very high profile case. Von Bulo was represented by a gentleman, Alan Dershowitz, was a very high profile lawyer. I made a movie out of it called A Reversal of Fortune, starring Jeremy's Iron as von Bulou. So yeah, it was a pretty high perrafile case. But everyone sort of was like it was like a precursor of something.
Speaker 2: Like OJ where it was like, well, this guy clearly did it right, but you can't prove it, improve it? How can you not prove it?
Speaker 4: Yeah, but there was also yeah, that thing of like but he's he's sophisticated and all that kind of thing. So you know, there was this weird cognitive dissonance, like all the evidence is stacked up against him, but at the same time so charming.
Speaker 2: Yes, you get away with it. Yeah, but clearly. But Freddy Quimby is one hundred innocent in this situation.
Speaker 5: Though, ladies and gentlemen, I'm going to prove to you not only that Freddy Quimby is guilty, but that he is also innocent of not being guilty. I refer you to my expert witness, doctor Hibbert.
Speaker 2: Well, only one or two million people has what we call the evil gene Hitler head it. Well, Disney heard it, and Freddy Quimby head it. Thank you, doctor Herbert. I rest my case. You rest your case. What? Oh no, I thought that was just a figure of speech. Case closed, Phil Hartmon Phil. Then are two points out that Homer is asleep wearing the glasses, which is a nice little sea plant for the ending of the episode.
Speaker 5: Is it is?
Speaker 2: It is? Yeah, Homer here is doing exactly what we don't want to be doing in jury. Didy Right. It's talking about jury to some friends the other night, and we're all like, I've been asked to do it twice. I think I've been asked to do it twice as well, and I got it both times because I think, yeah, if you work for yourself, I think it's pretty much. They can't.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because I mean apparently if you're if you're working nine to five, or you work a regular job or whatever, your employer has to pay.
Speaker 2: Two weeks I think, yeah, yeah, ten days or something like that when yourself and pointing, I'm literally going to lose money. Yeah, Well, for the first of what's the case? Is it a good one? Can I send an innocent person to jail? I'd really like to do that. Do I get free pot roasts? How many essays does innocent happen?
Speaker 4: Just another great visual gig with home, I mean, yeah, taking the glasses off, It's like, fine, okay, you caught me.
Speaker 2: Realize he's got his backups and those hmm. And they double down at the end with the three. But the lawyer he calls Freddy to the stand so they can bask in his gentle decency. And I just love the theatrical smug turned to the courtroom when he stands up first, he turns to the court room, he said, his hands on his hips. He's like, look at me, everybody, mister.
Speaker 1: Comby, and you assault mister Lacoste.
Speaker 3: Of course not.
Speaker 1: I love each and every year living thing on Gud's green Earth. Well, therefore, you certainly would never lose your temporal with something as trivial as the pronunciation of chowder. That's chowder, chowder.
Speaker 3: I'll kill you, I'll kill How are you, especially those of you in the Jerry Yeah, really guilty? Wow, that didn't go well?
Speaker 2: That is so great? Well I didn't go well. The fence rests the jury and then centered aside their verdict, and Helen Lovejoy says he will clearly he's guilty. We'll be home before dinner. Jasper is happy about that because the dog from Fraser is going to ride the dolphin from Sequest Back when I know I'm getting old, but I missed the days of destination TV, where you knew something was being promoted, a special episode of a show was going to be airing that night, neverone works talking about it, and you know you're all gonna be going home watching it. At the same time. You can come back tomorrow and talk about it. You couldn't go on social media, have to wait to the next day talk about it with your friends. Our viewing happens to changing out something like I can be at the best. I still watched The Bear season four. I was so excited for the Bear season four. Now that the stead I'm like, I'll get to it. Yeah, sure. He used to be well, if you didn't watch it, you weren't gonna watch it. That's right. Yeah, I miss I know, that's just it's a thing of the past. But I just miss it. I miss knowing you're watching everything with your mates in real time. There are still some things like that. There were some shows like Game of Thrones when it was on, it was that its peak people watching it at the same time. But I think the closest thing we have now to destination TV is sports events, because you can't really it probably is.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all high profile news stories like the one we were talking about, yeah yeah, but even then, it's like you keep it, you keep it abreast of that. With social media and stuff, you don't necessarily have to tune into the six o'clock bulletin to get the lowdown. You're sort of getting the loawdown all the time sporting events. If you need a score, you don't real want watch anyone, so it takes it like what's the point watching it?
Speaker 2: Kind of Yeah, But they're very much sort of a closed loop on their own ecosystem, aren't they. Lisa then lays the guilt trip on Bart's saying it's because of him that an innocent man is going to jail, which I guess is technically true, but it's also it's not Bart's folds. Oh no, he can save the day. But that feels a little gin dup. Yeah it does.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But Bart then considers coming clean. But then he says Skinner, and Skinner says he can't wait for the sentencing. That's where he really shines, and we cure the dream sequence of Skinner as the judge giving but a lifetime of hard labor in the school cafeteria for playing hooky, and he gives some cream corn to Jib Junior, who calls it cream crap. Then Lisa brings over the judge because she says Bart's or something to say. She thinks he's going to come clean. But Bart chickens out here and says, it's glad to see chicks on the bench. Keep up the good works. It's so demeaning, But I call Nicola Toots all the time. She knows that I'm not demeaning her. It's just a joke. That's that, that's the joke kind of thing. But it's a good word.
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 2: I get that it's a bad I get it's a horrible word when used in the wrong context, But I think it's fallen so far out of the everyday of the naka. Yeah, that it's so ridiculous. Yeah, if you use it to someone, you're clearly using it ironically. Yeah. So it's pretty hard to take offense. But I can understand why someone might. We come back and we're in the jury room. The ve all decided that he's guilty. Jasper doesn't want to vote, so what's the point of voting he's clearly guilty in Homer then says, no, I'm not too sure about this. What's the questioned mean? They explain it, okay? What is deadlocked? Me? Okay? Then Homer explains it for the audience at home. He might not understand it, and Homer realized that he can make the most of the situation and get free food, free accommodation, whatever, free willie a lot and skin. It calls for a vote, and they also guilty except home, how many yes in innocence? Yes, I mean it makes sense. It fit's the Homer character to do this, to be a bit of a free loader, and he's not really he's being selfish, but it's not like he's being a bad person. And I think like, even if Freddie Quimby was guilty, he is getting some free shit.
Speaker 4: They alluded this in Wikipedia, but yeah, it's very much a reference to Yeah, the Twelve Angry Men, Yeah, which is yeah, basically about a I believe it's a murder trial, and eleven of the jurors are very much like, oh, this guy's guilty. You know, let's not waste any time here. You know he did it.
Speaker 2: There's one guy.
Speaker 4: Who's like, this person's life is on the line here, we'd better really sort of drill down on this and make sure. And everyone's like, why it's evidence, Like, no, we've we're representatives of the legal system here. We've got to do our due diligence and home, but just sort of doing the not the inversive. But it's like, you know, no, we really need to you know, this guy might be innocent, by the way, free willly, he should work out a free hotel.
Speaker 2: That's exactly it. We get to the free hotel Springfield Palace Hotel. Homer is the one on the phone to March, eating his weight and pot roasts while Skinner is throwing the apron is the clean, clean guy in the regular odd couple. He picks up the cigar but whatever. He points out that they are the regular odd couple. Homer says, shut up, and that's the end of that. But as they're watching Itchen scratchy, it's just finished list as of his insides are being eaten out by the guilt of not coming clean again going out. Bar's comeback is great. There save it for HALLMARKSI I'm a cucumber as in cool as he and we get McGonagall.
Speaker 3: You gotta tell him what you saw, Billy, But.
Speaker 5: I'm so scared. Mccarnicle.
Speaker 3: You gotta do this one for me, Billy mccarnacle, Okay for you, mccarnagal Well, McGonagall.
Speaker 2: Billy is dead.
Speaker 3: He slid his throat from me to wear. Hey, I'm trying to eat lunch here.
Speaker 2: McGonigle is so, I don't know. Is he a bad guy? McGonagall, he's showing no remorse for he's the reason Billy's dead. Yeah, he's a ship cop, good cap, good cop, gets results, but does it the wrong way? Really, I'm not really sure. Do it for me, okay for you, mcgarigill.
Speaker 4: I don't mix up McBain and McGonagall, but yeah, mcgonigall's my words. Like I think it's at the end of I forgot which episode, but it's like they're talking about to the TV and home is very much like because he gets results, you're stupid cheap.
Speaker 2: At the end of an episode. It's the end of Barton a child. What does that mean exactly? It means it gets results, you're stupid, Chief? So that yes, so they're watching McGonagall on TV in beds, right, yeah, I must stop yelling at the TV. Yeah, so, oh that's a Oh that's a new show about the policeman who sold crimes and he spared crank at Homer. You busted up that crackhouse pretty bad. Mcgonigall. Did you really have to break so much furniture? You tell me, Chief, you had a pretty good view from behind your desk. Mcgonagalla. The pain, that's it, butgonagle, the pain off the case. Mcgarigall, you off the case, Chief, What does that mean exactly? It means resultant be quite to sit down or something. I think that's just the dad sit down. That's this is the first time we see McGonagall.
Speaker 4: Yes, indeed, he's looking very much like Clinicewood. Yeah, but I've forgotten about those two bits that I really loved.
Speaker 2: Is the Pain. I think that that's the same episode because it's a callback, because it has Troy McClure at the start, because it's all about the self help our brooks.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but he's like, they paid me with this count of fortified wine. A lot of you mean sweet liquories?
Speaker 2: Is the pain? It is a lot of Hutter says that I thought it was Troy McClure. Yeah, you're right. So it's tropic color from a self help video. High on tropical you might remember from such self help videos as smoke yourself thin and get confident stupid. So well, now I'm here to tell you about the real paths of mental health. That's right. It's a Brad Goodman something or other. Marge, can you go outside and play? And then it says a few weeks ago, I was watched up actor with a drinking problem. Then Brad Goodman came along and gave me this job, and I can a fortified why sweet liquories the pain? And then by the great great lines just the Simpsons.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: You wonder why we keep talking about it. This is the reason yes so good and why you hopefully keep listening and watching please do yes. But but it's just like he's watch mcgonaga but he's not bothered at all. But then, as he said, after you watching mcgonogo, he's like, oh boy, but ever watching that, it would make you less inclined to want to come clean, right because bol BILLI ends up with this stroke game. Yeah, I'm trying to eat here. I just love that Billy is dead. I hope you're happy Billy is dead. I'm trying to lunch here. Then we have deleted scene before we have Homer watching Free Willie. It's going to be the night before and Skinner was going to be is having a PTS dream from the war. He's like no this, don' shull and Homer sitting there with popcorn, going get him, Skidner, give him, get him Skinner. Goodness, I thought was a pretty funny scene. It's not bad. It's not bad. Yeah, out of all the deleted it's PTSD, so you really shouldn't do it, but we passed. Oh goodness, Oh look, we're joking, Johnny we were talking so much about it and place backs back in the nineties, but just the you could get him Skinner. But now PTSD is for everybody, so you don't really make fun of it. But Homer is now watching the Free Willy director's cut Jump, Free Willie Jump Jump with all your mind. Oh no, will It didn't make it and he crushed our ball. What a mess. I wish they got Madsen to actually say that it would have even better. Right. The hammer is putting furniture out the window now given it to Barney as well as Skinner's tie? Is that my neck? Are you wearing super civity? But then ask Marge for advice? And if anyone should probably ask probably March. She's gonna give you the best advice. And she brings up the story of old uncle Arthur, who had a saying shoot them all like God's then it took seventy five marshals to bring him down. Let's never speak of him again. And she carries on cleaning the house and asks, well should I come and clean, and Marge's like, well, listen to your heart, not the voices in your head, like your uncle are the ones dead. Then we're in the court room, and I mean it's it's a crutch, but it's a funny crush. But that just pointed out like this so blatantly, even though reopening a trial at this point is illegal and grossly unconstitutional, I just can't say no to kids. So she hasn't reopened a trial. And Fredie Quinby's lawyer asked, but who did inflict the injuries here? And he retells the story about how he slipped on a cloth or something on something. Yeah, away, he slips over and causes all the injuries him stuff by being a clumsy way to Cluso esque Clusives is that okay? Yes, he falls out the window lands into a delivery truck full of rat traps. Do you think listeners will be aware who Cluso is? No idea? Okay, I thought it was clumsy Es so Clusi esque what clus Oh you're aware of the Pink Panther movies. Yeah? Yeah.
Speaker 4: Cluso is like the bumbling cop who's always on the on the trail, always trying to solve the case.
Speaker 2: Always. I've always said my whole I've said clumsy es. It doesn't make it, doesn't say says Cluses. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Clues played by the sellers in the original Pink Panther movies, then played by Steve Martin into yes, okay, yeah, but yeah, he's essentially and a very sophisticated French law enforcement.
Speaker 2: Or something like that. Yeah, you end up in a trug delivery trips. Yes, likely there was no big one and then there was. Then Huts says, well, how could you possibly have seen this? Bard Werence? You're supposed to be at school, and he sort of says to himself, He's like, oh, come clean. He owns up to it, and Skinners like, see, I told you, I know you slip up if I just wait long enough. He didn't slip up. You confessed I need this. Then Freddy is found not guilty on all charges, gets the shake, shakes his hand with Mayor Quimby outside the room. Skinner says, you know, impresses what you did there, Bart and buses. All the two things cancel at each other here. This may be one of my favorite Skinner lines ever. A small man in many ways, but a small petty man. Three months attention, so oh man, you know, but wait a minute, but it's like, oh, we make that foremost attention. Then deleted scene. Wow, this actually was followed up by Quimby and the waiter leaving the court room and someone I think the waiter says chatter or something, and then Quima says, say, Chowdy, you're bastard, and he just does bidden and they start fighting, and then the police just beat up Freddy and then the lead the water runs away. I'm thinking the only reason maybe they included this because they thought the audience may want for to get some come uppets for being a dickhead, some kind of calmic justice. I know, because he was. He's a dickhead, but he was innocent, that's correct. Yeah, and you don't really want and we all knew. We all knew he was a dickhead. Yeah, we all knew that, yet didn't need to say that, so that seems cut out. Then it's that night Homer is in bed with March, surrounded by his souvenirs, and you think he's talking about the harrowing story of how he had to go against the other jurors to finally get the innocent, innocent verdict, But no, it was all about how he convinced to get Chinese for lunch. And she says, well, while you were away a lot of things happened here too. I'd love to hear about of money about him. Yeah, puts the glasses on and we get there and those give me and those and that's the end. Yeah, a story of two halves, an episode of two halves, like there's there's Bart skipping school and then the courtrooms scene was essentially a half the episode. But it's just got so many good moments this episode. Oh this is this is Swartswater to a tea very much.
Speaker 1: So.
Speaker 2: How long we talked about this? We talked about it for quite a while, to most of this not making the cat deleted scenes as many deleted scenes in this podcast as they are in this episode. But I think we've got a very very good time talking about it. We talked about it for as long as we did because there's just so much to enjoy in it is here and Freddie Quimby, as much of a dickhead as he is, you just cannot help but love him because I don't have to personally deal with the guy. I think it's funny to watch, Oh yeah, the man you loved. If this guy was in my real life, I would despise him, oh absolutely, But we've got a nice distance from him, so we can just revel in his despicableness that laugh ha ha ha ha get back here, not through demeaning you. Oh boy, so good. So that is our review of The Boy Who Knew Too Much. We've got plenty of mail bag questions for this episode, specifically sent through, so we're going to be answering those in our mail bag episode at the end of the month, so make sure you stay tuned for that. I thought there's going to be more to more talk, there will not be because we have gone long enough for this one. It's been a lot of fun talking about The Boy Who Knew Too Much. The next episode we're going to be reviewing a season twenty episode. The next one is I think it's Waverley Hill You're toe? Do yes? That title? Get your new names in now? So back to season twenty after this. I think we may do more Guy on Springfields during the month. I don't know. I feel like I have so much more fun talking about these ones. I think to have a lot more fun watching and listening to us talking about these ones as well. Okay, what do you think? Look, A month generally has four weeks. We record an episode a week two and two. Well, I pitched this to the Patriots and they went, Now, because you know, we like the fact that you're doing the season twenty episodes is what we like the fact that you're doing this. Maybe we can do one on Patreon and one because I just like to do them. Okay, one on Patreon. No, I don't want to keep it up. We'll work it out. We'll work it out and see we're thinking of you business meetings. Yes, but if you do want to support us, you can do so on Patreon. As you're well aware that it's a description of this podcast. So many hours of exclusive content on there. And at the end of the month we talked about deleted scenes. I've actually been saving on deleted scenes over the last couple of seasons, and they're gonna be it's gonna be an end of end of year little special. Hearing all the stuff that got cut out interesting. Yes, for various reasons, offense being one of them. We've got whatever guy says, now, I know this may be racist. I'm like, get the dump button ready, said I think all right, but think you guys again for all of your support. Please continue to rate and reviews on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, rever you do find this show, subscribe to us on YouTube, follow us on all the social media's, and next week we shall be back with Waverley Hills nine O two to one DO. But for now, mister Davis, any final words for those incredible listeners out there. We hope you've enjoyed these steaming bowls of rich, creamy podcast