Speaker 1: This is one O one one w jr R, Orlando's rock station, Lynch and Taco Time for this week's tech news and check it out. Brought you by Thursday Night Football. Our pregame gathering this evening will happen in o Veto at Froggers on Alifaya ahead of the Steelers Brown's.
Speaker 2: Matchup six to eight tonight Ovito Froggers. We're gonna have Trans Siberian Orchestra tickets. Obviously, the star of the show has all the bucket specials that Froggers is doing, and they're delicious food out there.
Speaker 1: It's remember they redid that it is It's very nice. It's also a Steelers bar, so uh uh huh. I'd love to see some Brown's agitators show up. Stop what two fan bases hate each other as it is. Yeah, Yeah, it's gonna be a good game.
Speaker 2: We're there ahead of the game six to eight Trans Siberian Orchestra tickets. We have the Bob World Order coozies that just came out absolutely free to everyone who wants one. Yep, BWO stickers as well. We have a bunch of good stuff to give away, and I'm gonna try to score some other concert tickets as well. I'm gonna go down there and check out our promo department.
Speaker 1: And be see what you can shake out of them.
Speaker 2: How about some I don't want to say what I'm gonna ask for, but you can imagine.
Speaker 1: Already discuss this. But an update to the finding of Judge I'm at Mata finding that Google maintains an illegal monopoly when it comes to search and search text advertising. What to do now? Well, the judge is turning to the Department of Justice for suggestions on how to remedy this monopolistic situation, and the DOJ says, oh, that's simple, just have them sell off Chrome and now while they're at it, maybe they can spin off Android as well. Whoa, yeah, oh now now sounds real easy, right, Yeah, sure, let's just wave a magic wand to make that.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, if this happens, it's huge. If it happens, it's going to be years from now. I can't imagine Alphabet, which is the parent company of Google, just going sure, no problem, they just get rid of Chrome, just Android alone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and they've got armies of lawyers who can tie this thing up in litigation for years.
Speaker 2: And they have Yeah, they have the money to do that, right, like those big companies that just you try. You think, oh, I'm going to take insert name of huge company to court. Good luck.
Speaker 1: We all know they have the monopoly on the search engine market. Most people use Chrome. Now, I know some of you're gonna go, no, I don't. Most people do the statistics bear it out which one is? Yeah, this is Chrome? Yeah. Anyway, this is without even considering that there's about to be an administration change as well in Washington. Who knows what the incoming administration's attitude is going to be towards this, so everything could change.
Speaker 2: Some people are saying that might be something to do with Musk, you know, the mills and that that stuff. Conspiracy goes out there. Who knows if it happens, it's years away from happening. NASA wants SpaceX and Blue Origin to deliver cargo to the Moon. They've asked both SpaceX and Blue Origin to develop cargo landers for the NASA Artemis missions. NASA announcing plans to use those landers to deliver heavy equipment to the Moon. The agency wants Elon Musk's SpaceX to use its starship cargo Lander to deliver a pressurized rover to the Moon no earlier than twenty thirty two, and then they've asked Jeff Bezos Bezos' Blue Origin to deliver a lunar surface habitat no sooner than twenty thirty three. Both launches to support NASA's Artemis missions, which aim to bring humans back to the Moon for the first time in over fifty years. Okay, just don't put too much stuff on that Moon. Okay, let's not ruin it.
Speaker 1: Comcast announced yesterday it is moving forward with a plan to spin off its NBC Universal cable TV networks, all of them except for Bravo, which provides a ton of material for the Peacock streaming network, also owned by Compass NBC Universal. So this means they're going to spin off at the top of the list MSNBC, followed by CNBC USA, Oxygen E, Sci Fi, and Golf Channel. Now, ultimately, what will probably happen here, I'm just spitballing. Those cable networks will probably be scooped up by some investment opportunity and bundle them into yet another all encompassing streaming So that's probably going to be the future for those if any at all? What am I going to do without oxygen? Interesting? So they will be losing affiliation with NBC. Do you still have your CD collection? Nope. Some of those CDs that you have could be worth thousands of dollars. Of course there are now they got rid of them. This is interesting. Just a couple to mention. Bruce Springsteen has something called The Future of Rock and Roll. If you own that one came out in eighty eight as a promo only double disc. It's worth about fourteen hundred bucks. Oh, so promo only ones are good because I have not the company promo. Okay, a promotional released only copy like to radio station.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what I'm talking about, because I have the ones, all the CDs. If you've won a CD from us back in the day, you'll remember when there was a whole punch through the plastic case. That's a promo. Yes, correct, So those are good. I might have some sitting around.
Speaker 1: Well, not all of them, just they's specific titles that I mentioned, the Springsteen one.
Speaker 2: I listened to what you say. I heard that I'm saying. I figured right when you did this story that anything with a whole punch through.
Speaker 1: It is trash.
Speaker 2: And every CD I had was whole punch because I got CDs all from radio, because I worked here my whole life.
Speaker 1: Never bought a concert ticket, never bought a CD.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, I no, I never did buy a CD.
Speaker 1: Holy cow. Now there was a time where most of my disposable income went to the purchase of CDs.
Speaker 2: Different strokes, different folks. You worked in that industry. That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I'm glad I hung on to all my CDs. I thought you scold a minute. No I sold. I sold some collections I had, but nothing that's in in records. You sold some records. I'm building that now. That's that was a mistake.
Speaker 2: You know. We can't go back. We can't armchair quarterback what we sold in our past.
Speaker 1: I do make it. I do think I have one of these. It's mentioned here, David Bowie's nineteen eighty nine Sound and Vision that'll go for up to four hundred bucks. Now, I'm gonna have to look through and see if you get any of these, I bet you, and if it's worth that, Now, though, Lynch, do you seller or hold on to it? I don't know. These are decisions that will have to be made. Uh huh. Bo's is acquiring luxury auto brand Macintosh. The release from Bose says the move will boost its current lineup. Doesn't appear that changes are set for existing products on either side, However, both companies are set to team up in the automotive division. Two big names in audio uh Seattle man facing charges after allegedly stabbing his computer class instructor. Who Police say the student and instructor got into some sort of altercation, probably over which browser to use. Yeah, exactly. Suspect got up and started to leave before turning back and stabbing the computer instructor with like a pen or an actual knife knife. Wow. The instructor is in serious but stable condition in Seattle. You're in an ear out Yeattle, Okay. And finally, if you're a parent with a kid who spends their life on Roadblocks playing Roadblocks After facing criticism over the safety of the platform, Roadblocks has introduced new parental controls aimed at improving parents' ability to shape the gaming experience for their kids. Mom and Dad, you can now adjust playtime limits, restrict private messaging, and set maturity levels for content, all remotely from your own device, and then Mom and Dad.
Speaker 2: Just so you know, in case you don't realize that, then the kids are gonna unset or figure a way around it.
Speaker 1: Am I right that I can't tell you Usually I don't know. Usually that's your tech information. Thank you for enjoying tech it out this morning. Lynchen Taco's commercial free workday Rock Block coming up at eight Lynchin Taco on Demand, Tell Loathy iheartly you at