Speaker 1: Let's go come on, Big Day today, Big Day Today, Good morning.
Speaker 2: This is Ed McMahon and now, ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 1: Right right, okay, w if you wake your hands off those snakys rod Ryan's.
Speaker 2: Show, check it in Tattooesday. You kidding me? Election Day. Let's go.
Speaker 1: The TV ads stop after today. It's maybe the best thing that's happening right now. So yeah, we're gonna mention it on the show. That's not all we're gonna do. We have other things like the fresh Fish. I need brand new players, fresh out of bed head to head challenge, and we playing that game. At six twenty, I got Manton jam sickets coming you way. At seven twenty, we're gonna play Hit the Post this morning.
Speaker 2: I'll take our mind off of things.
Speaker 1: Hit the post for highly suspect tickets. At eight twenty this morning, I've got Nutcracker Market tickets for you. We'll sprinkle in some Chelsea Handler tickets. We got ten percent chance of rain.
Speaker 2: Mostly cloudy.
Speaker 1: How about this Hi Today of seventy nine, we're not even in the eighties. Today, we'll maintain in the seventies. Okay, let's do it. Good morning, TESTA one of Houston's headlines.
Speaker 2: Hey, good morning, Rod, Good morning, home room.
Speaker 3: Election day is here. The polls will open this morning. Voters are going to cast our ballots for president. There'll be thirty three Senate seats, every seat in the House of Representatives, and state offices in some states. We know that here in Texas, voters are going to decide whether Republican Texas Republican Senator Ted Cruz will return to DC for a third term or will be.
Speaker 2: Replaced by a Democratic challenger.
Speaker 3: Colin already, I think those are the commercials we've seen the most.
Speaker 2: Guys.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, but don't go to bed tonight expecting to know who the forty seventh president of the United States. Are already warning us are saying, look a lot of factors, including how different states handle elections differently, It might be days before we know the results. In twenty twenty, most news outlets did not declare jovide in the winter until four days after the election, So if we're.
Speaker 2: Going by that, just buckle up. Buttercups. Also, did you hear this?
Speaker 3: The first precinct reported it's too early to declare a winner, but this one little town in New Hampshire has a population of six people. They cast their votes and after account three votes for Vice President Harris and three votes for former President Trump.
Speaker 2: So that's where we are, guys, that's where we are.
Speaker 3: On that. Also, Uber and Lyft are helping voters get to the polls for a discount. Those who need a ride to the polls can get a discount courtesy of some ride share services. Uber announced passengers will be able to get fifty percent off on trips to voting locations by clicking go vote on the title within the app.
Speaker 2: Lift users will also be able to.
Speaker 3: Take half off with the ride code vote twenty four. Uber Eats also offering discounts on food delivery after a six pm as well, So there you go.
Speaker 2: Lots of businesses will.
Speaker 3: Be celebrating with give away got Krispy Kreme, Hertz, grub Hub, you'll you'll.
Speaker 2: Check it out there, Okay.
Speaker 3: Also, a majority of Americans say, you know what, this kind of stresses me out, this whole voting, this whole presidential election.
Speaker 2: It stresses me out.
Speaker 3: So if you need a feel good movie today to escape election, hell, why don't you watch a Finding Nemo or Shrek or Ratichuwi toy story Forrest Gump, Mulan Fiers, Feeler's Day Off, how to Train.
Speaker 2: Your Drag in the blind Side.
Speaker 3: Those are all top favorites for feeling better after you watch them. Let's talk about buck Cherry because they have begun recording their eleventh studio album.
Speaker 2: That is the lead story on the music blog page. If you like your Sa'm buck Cherry, go check it out. They shared it on social media.
Speaker 3: Touchdown in Nashville and today we begin work on album number eleven.
Speaker 2: So they're excited about twenty twenty five. Those are Houston headlines.
Speaker 4: I told you, like, if I just said name how many albums buck Cherry has, how many would you get?
Speaker 2: Because I would have.
Speaker 1: Guessed like five, I would have said eight.
Speaker 2: Okay, just eleven seems like a lot. I did not realize they had that many.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they've been they've been around. I would have said eight. I would have never guessed they already have ten and working on a Labeeah're crazy, all right. So last night it was a.
Speaker 4: Really good game whin I football was wait watching it. Chiefs got by the Buccaneers in overtime thirty to twenty four. Jason sadakas I was watching the Manning cast. He was on in the third quarter, and he came back for overtime just to like hang out with the guys.
Speaker 2: It was pretty funny. But he's a big Chiefs fan, so that was funny.
Speaker 4: DeAndre Hopkins caught two touchdowns for the Chiefs in just his second game with the team. Chiefs are now eight to zero and they are the league's only undefeated teams. More NFL news, the trade deadline is today at three o'clock. Texans could potentially be in the market for a receiver, offensive lineman or a safety, but no for sure word on that. I'll keep you guys posted if any happens during the show. And basketball, Rockets got a win last night. They beat the Knicks one O nine to ninety seven. Alpi Shingoon had twenty five points the night, the lead all players in scoring.
Speaker 2: Rockets are now four and three in the year.
Speaker 4: They're gonna have a day off today before they host the Spurs tomorrow night. In college basketball, fourth thank you of h opened up their season with a win yesterday. They blew out Jackson State ninety seven to forty four. So go Couger and I'll have Cougar's tickets for you. All right, later on today, that's going on in sports four hours of pain.
Speaker 1: Okay, we'll talk a little election, but other than that, let's just do a regular show. Let's take our minds off of this craziness that's going on today.
Speaker 2: All right, if you want the first phone call, I mean, anything goes.
Speaker 1: Whatever you want to talk about on the first phone call, I'm game four it seven one three two one two, five nine five. The most interactive show on the radio starts right now. Okay, ninety four to five The buzz.
Speaker 2: Incubus and I wish you were here.
Speaker 1: Welcome to Tattooesday, everybody, Welcome to election Day. It looks like about half of Texas's registered voters, just about half went out and voted already early.
Speaker 2: Do I feel superior? Yes?
Speaker 1: I do, because I went out and early voted. I can't even imagine what kind of a madhouse it's going to be. It looked crazy if half the people already voted early voting. I saw places that were madness. That means the other half has to do it in one day. It's be crazy out there, right, It's gonna be crazy out there today. I'm still encouraging you to go out and vote. It's just gonna be a little wild out there. So and again, I like to mention that I feel superior, that I already got it done. Busy day today. Of course we're gonna mention the election and talk a little bit about it. But other than that, I mean, let's just have some fun. Let's maybe escape some of the craziness that's going on, and let's just rejoice that the commercials are going away. I don't think we're going to know who's the president at this time tomorrow. I think they're gonna be counting and doing all the things that happen after this. Biden wasn't announced until what the Saturday.
Speaker 2: After the election? Four days after Yeah, something like that. So what are we doing today on the show? We got fresh fish.
Speaker 1: I'm looking for some brand new players in the fresh out of bed head to head challenge. I brought in some fun facts for you. We'll do a little fun fact flashback. I don't know if you guys heard. Yesterday Chelsea Handler was announced that she's going to be performing It in Sugarland on November fifteenth. We've got tickets for you for to go see Chelsea Handler Monster Jam tickets. In the seven o'clock hour, I asked for a game suggestion. Chili's like, listen, I don't mind if we do a couple of rounds of the Thanksgiving Chili Brown game, but let's just play another. Let's play a regular game. Let's get some fun games that people that you know want to hear before the end of the year. Hit the Post was what I heard about the most. We'll play Hit the Post at a twenty for highly suspect tickets. So you get to be the DJ today on the show. I get excited about that ten percent chance of rain mostly cloudy, highs up around seventy nine, So yeah, cooling off outside.
Speaker 5: I love that.
Speaker 1: Kid's that time the mount about Joseph looks like he got through Hi Joseph, Yeah, good morning. I like the energy already on the first phone call, what would you like to talk about?
Speaker 6: Hey?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 5: All right, So I was talking with a wife yesterday, Right, So when.
Speaker 2: I get home, I take off my shoes, I put on my flip flops and I was like, yeah, this is like me, you know.
Speaker 1: When you take your bar off.
Speaker 7: This is like my little bit.
Speaker 2: She's like, I don't think.
Speaker 1: So you don't bet a fat.
Speaker 2: What do you guys think?
Speaker 1: No, I've heard from women before that the peeling off of the bra at the end of the day when it's been on all day. Uh, I've heard that it's euphoric. I don't know. There's one girl here in front of me. Maybe I could ask her.
Speaker 3: It feels pretty great. Uh, taking off her shoes feels pretty good. But yeah, there's something about letting the girls hang loose that is just a little.
Speaker 2: Bit more superior.
Speaker 3: Taking off her shoes feels nice. I don't doubt that. I also don't work all day.
Speaker 2: Probably what do you do? What do you do for a living? Oh, I'm on my feet.
Speaker 5: I'm hanging TV as a man addicts and all kinds of stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so again, might not be the best person ask, But I'm just on your wife's side because I don't like the way you said.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, no.
Speaker 8: You know what?
Speaker 9: Okay, okay it is.
Speaker 2: I don't have movies.
Speaker 3: I do, but they're not that big for.
Speaker 5: You.
Speaker 2: Love it, then you can feel both euphorious.
Speaker 5: Maybe I'll do some duct tape on them, let them hang up, and then I'll.
Speaker 2: Nice.
Speaker 1: I can hear the shock in awe from all of our listeners. Tessa did not take the dude's side on that.
Speaker 2: I mean I couldn't. I thought about it.
Speaker 1: But what a what a development first thing out of the gate. Yeah. I girls talk about that moment when that brawl comes off, and it's like, Okay, you can have that moment. Here's pretty great.
Speaker 2: You're like a laced up guy. You don't take your shoes up till you go to bed.
Speaker 1: Yet, No, I stay laced up.
Speaker 2: I do.
Speaker 1: I stay laced up the entire time, So it's not a problem. I don't think about it. It's just I'm staying laced up. I gotta stay active, I gotta stay busy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, your flops, my.
Speaker 1: Kids running around with bare feet and then her slides and stuff. I'm like, nah, nah, not doing that.
Speaker 5: Letter.
Speaker 2: Let run wild.
Speaker 1: Let me take a short break, what we call back and a rec check. We'll find out what's trending and then we'll get set up. Man, I need some brand new player for the fresh out of BedHead to head challenge rock and alter.
Speaker 5: The rod Ryan Morning Show. I'm six to ten am.
Speaker 1: Thirty four or five The Buzz Welcome Back rod Ryan Show six twenty one tattoouesday seeing nothing above a ten percent chance of rain today, maybe a twenty percent chance of rain with mostly cloudy skies later on. Hi though, we're not even gonna hit the eighties today, guys, high of seventy nine today. Daddy's wearing pantalones. Oh yeah, yeah, like weird walking around here in pants.
Speaker 2: It's a professional hall.
Speaker 1: What's training or what's training? What's trending?
Speaker 3: The number one surge goes to the Chiefs and the Buccaneers Monday Night football last night. Well, you know what I mean, it is interesting, so right up that, So right after that you have two million searches for Monday Night Football.
Speaker 2: Right up, it goes to Who's winning the election? Live Election pulls.
Speaker 3: Then it goes to Joe Rogan endorsing Donald Trump on the eve of the election. So that was a last minute, big round, big big name endorsement for Donald Trump. And yeah, I mean, other than the football, it's really all election stuff.
Speaker 2: There was some NBA news.
Speaker 3: I guess Greg Popovic is too ill to travel, so he's not gonna travel with the Spurs.
Speaker 2: When the Rockets play him, they'll have their interim coach.
Speaker 3: And then some other sports stuff. You know, you got the Alex Bregman contract. They're looking at jose Rkidi, who is a pitcher. So there is some sports talk, but really the voting is going to dominate the news cycle. So, like we said, we're gonna chat about it a little bit, but we're also going.
Speaker 2: To do some other things. That's that's trending. On ninety four five the.
Speaker 10: Book, Well, well, well, good morning everybody, Sammy Baker Davis Junior, and with the hat trick, I am your fresh out of bed head to head Hall of Fame member number fourteen for twenty twenty four. Now my boy, right, Rodn't he called me out way back in January? Well, brother, it took me all year, but I made it, and I'm looking forward to seeing you and all the other Hall of Famers and the Tournament of Champions when I take it all.
Speaker 4: Bitches.
Speaker 1: Forty seconds.
Speaker 2: That's the longest speech, Hurt. He just talks. So somebody's quick. We know he's quick.
Speaker 1: I mean it's already time for fun facts. I don't have enough time to play the game.
Speaker 2: Amm.
Speaker 1: I'll be like, I hope you enjoyed the show today. All Right, I need some fresh fish. Okay, have you been on the beach for thirty days?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: Have you never played the game before?
Speaker 2: Seven?
Speaker 1: One, three, two, twenty years of a m in the morning with the run Ryan Show.
Speaker 11: Only ninety four or five of us.
Speaker 2: Shrub that guitar, Alex Apolitics.
Speaker 8: Show.
Speaker 12: Alex, Well, he's playing Max, he's playing Angry today.
Speaker 1: Nice ninety four or five, the Buzz, that's the Beasty Boys.
Speaker 2: No sleep till Brooklyn.
Speaker 1: And then my man Alex homps on there at the end and just starts threading the hell out of that guitar. Great job as always, bro. Listen, I had to adjust things. I'm looking at this weather a little closely, and I got a guy here says, brought them Mountain Katie.
Speaker 2: It's porn.
Speaker 1: It's poring right now in Katie.
Speaker 2: I've headed to work.
Speaker 1: My feet are soaked. Sorry about that, dimas dimas de Leon. Now it goes all the way up to about it in the eight o'clock hour, It goes all the way up to about a fifty percent chance of some scattered thunderstorms today, mostly cloudy, and uh, we're not gonna hit eighty degrees today, so we'll sixties a little bit right.
Speaker 2: You're gonna be freezing.
Speaker 1: That's gonna cool off a little It's it's seventy five right now, it's gonna cool off a little bit more this morning, and then just kind of sit in the mid seventies and now each.
Speaker 13: Time for the fresh out of bed head to head challenge.
Speaker 14: Listeners to your corners.
Speaker 1: Hey, I think we got a fresh fish here. Let me just double check to make sure.
Speaker 2: Hey, Michael, good morning, Good morning.
Speaker 1: Hey dude, Am I right?
Speaker 2: Fresh fish?
Speaker 1: You've never played the game before?
Speaker 2: No, sure, I've never played the nel wife.
Speaker 10: We've been listening to it for years and she's played, but I haven't.
Speaker 1: Well, it's about time you stepped up, Michael. Great to have you on board.
Speaker 2: Fish Fish a fisher.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, Michael, we're gonna see well. I mean you you have quite a test. I think it's the return of the Birdman.
Speaker 2: Scott bird I'm ring Birdman.
Speaker 8: Dude.
Speaker 1: You were in the Tournament of Champions last.
Speaker 2: Year, yep, to the final four.
Speaker 1: But I don't feel like I've heard from you all year. Have you played?
Speaker 9: No the first time?
Speaker 1: Birdman? Why do you play in the Tournament of Champions In twenty twenty three and then you call me November twenty twenty four.
Speaker 2: Where have you been?
Speaker 9: I've been trying to call it, said this one Anthel.
Speaker 2: Oh, yeah, that makes sense. Now is this a chili situation? Is this a chili thing again? Probably?
Speaker 9: He said, he gave me one chance to get in.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, Birdman, good to have you back. How far did you go in the tournament last year? Final four, final four against a fresh fish? Michael, you want to become a legend. You beat the birdman today.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm gonna try.
Speaker 1: Your wife would do it? Now, you do it? All right? All you gotta do a shout out your name when you think you know the answer. You gotta be quick, Michael. You gotta be really really quick, jump in whenever you want, just shut out that name. What are they playing for?
Speaker 2: Ryan show t shirt?
Speaker 1: All right, here we go. Here comes the questions, guys, birdman Michael. Question number one, What is the biggest role or job people will vote on today? Michael Scott the birdman. Yeah, it's the biggest.
Speaker 2: Job of up there, upper grabst big, pretty big.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's the biggest. Okay, Birdman's on the board, Michael, I think I heard you in there, But you were after him. I appreciate you taking a cut though. Here we go make that cut. Quicker, Michael Scott. How many legs does a tripod have? Michael Scott the Birdman three? It's correct the answer, Michael. You were there. You were there, just trailing though.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll be okay.
Speaker 1: I mean, this is Michael, your first time playing. This guy went rode all the way to the final four last year. I thought you did good. Michael, all right, I thought you did good. Maybe your wife should have called. She would have maybe done better. I don't remember who his wife was.
Speaker 2: Scott bird welcome back.
Speaker 1: You're gonna run the take. You're gonna run the table. Was last year your first time in the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 9: Isn't that?
Speaker 1: We got a two time Hall of Famer?
Speaker 2: Big deal? Okay, bro, you can get in.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, we might. Alex and Chillie were talking about this yesterday. They ideally they want sixteen people in the Hall of Fame. It makes a nice bracket, Okay, nice piece of racket. Yep, right now we have crack. Right now, we have thirteen people in the tournament, fourteen fourteen.
Speaker 2: You want two more? All right?
Speaker 1: Birdman's Got to Run the Table. A rod Ryan Show, The Bush ninety four five the Bus, Good morning.
Speaker 2: Rod Ryan's Show.
Speaker 1: That's Lincoln Park. They are performing live in Arlington Friday night. There are still tickets available. We can go to livenation dot com if you want to make the trip up to Dallas to go check out that show. We gave away a lot of tickets for that show last week. Oh, last week, we gave away our final tickets. I believe up doing fifty percent chance of rain, mostly cloudy skys today, Hype seventy nine. Now everybody feels like they need to tell me where training spring Humble Trina says, it's pouring outside right now and it's raining. Bird Man here.
Speaker 13: A fresh out of bed head to head Challenge. Here's your current champion.
Speaker 2: Good morning everybody.
Speaker 9: This is got your fresh out of bed head to head one day champion. The last time I played, I was one question away from the final game of twenty twenty three. It's got time I got back in it. You knowing me on Wednesday when I make a win number two and start this street back up. Oh, Gotty news is there?
Speaker 1: It is Scotty knows some people will remember that he's a two time Hall of Famer, So we'll see. We'll see what he does this week again, he would be stalled by the weekend and he would have to come back. If he's gonna win five in a row, he'd have to come back and do it on a Monday.
Speaker 8: All right.
Speaker 2: I brought in some fun facts.
Speaker 1: You know, we're gonna talk a little election today on the show. We have to. I mean, it's the biggest thing that's going on in the country right now, so at least brought in one fun fact for you. It's the fuck back to the Day.
Speaker 2: We make you look smart?
Speaker 7: Your body's this the fuck back to the Day?
Speaker 2: Hell?
Speaker 1: Do you remember for a brief period of time, Oh hi, hell, oh hi, hell, that they came out with a Susan B. Anthony coin.
Speaker 2: Yes, I think I had some, and.
Speaker 1: It was the first coin. It was the first American currency that featured a chick. So she must have done something pretty great, right to get on a coin. Does anybody know what she did? She go ahead, she closed.
Speaker 2: The flag right, Yeah, that.
Speaker 1: Was so so I'll save you. Here's the deal. Here's the deal. In eighteen seventy two, Susan B.
Speaker 2: Anthony was It was.
Speaker 1: A huge activist. And I know this because my birthday is August twenty sixth. That happens to be Women's Suffrage da Diffage Day. Okay, So she was a so she was a huge, huge subg Yeah, so Susan B. Anthony on this day. This is the thing that kind of put her over the edge. One hundred and fifty two years ago, in eighteen seventy two, Susan B. Anthony voted illegally in a presidential election. Good for her, women couldn't vote. She was arrested, she went to trial. She was fined one hundred dollars, which is about two thousand dollars in today's money. By the way, she her vote didn't count because women couldn't vote. Then she voted for Ulysses S. Grant, who won defiantly never paid the fine. Women weren't legally about loud to vote until nineteen twenty, when the Nineteenth Amendment passed. Alex mentioned that nineteen twenty women got the right to vote. She voted in eighteen seventy two.
Speaker 2: Her time, the bee in Susan B.
Speaker 1: Anthony was for badass. Yeah, all right, that's such a girl. Boss Christ the other b she miss slaying.
Speaker 2: Did you know there are.
Speaker 1: Whales alive today that have been alive since before before Moby Dick was written in eighteen fifty one?
Speaker 2: Is whoa hell?
Speaker 1: You're a sharp guy. You didn't know that there are whales that are two hundred years old? They got stories? Did anyone knows?
Speaker 3: It's kind of terrifying to think about. Yeah, dinosaurs.
Speaker 1: They're bowhead whales off the coast of Alaska. Well, not thousands of years old, they're just two hundred years old. But yeah, bow head whales off the coast of Alaska. They were around before Moby Dick.
Speaker 2: They saw Titanic. They will always be dinosaurs to me.
Speaker 1: Well, they watched the Titanic go down.
Speaker 2: That could have been crazy. Whoa fighting the hell.
Speaker 1: One of them? Bit Jack? What the hell? Yeah? Anderson Cooper has no formal journalism training at all. I mean, he's like he hosts one of the biggest news programs of all time. He got his degree in political science from Yale, and then he did a summer a couple of summer internships at the CIA, and then the.
Speaker 2: Rest is Jennis family also like the Vanderbilt.
Speaker 1: His mom is Gloria Vanderbilt.
Speaker 2: So that's neat.
Speaker 1: Sure that didn't hurt.
Speaker 7: It's the fuck that to the day. We make you look smart and funny, your buddies, it's the fuck.
Speaker 5: That's to the day.
Speaker 1: Okay, what you giving away?
Speaker 2: I've got a pair of takes to see.
Speaker 3: Chelsea Handler shall be playing Smart Financial Center November fifteen.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's your fucklash all right?
Speaker 1: Fun fact flashback today, Today's Tuesday.
Speaker 12: Ryan Chiss seem super Tuesday?
Speaker 1: Where are the original reels?
Speaker 2: Gone?
Speaker 1: With the Wind? Wizard of Oz? Many other classic movies are stored here?
Speaker 2: Where are they? Seven?
Speaker 1: One three two one two five nine four five. It's now time for.
Speaker 4: Rock out with your stock out with Captain Cash.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Hell's got some of his home movies there too. I do Hey, how you doing on Wall Street? Yesterday?
Speaker 15: I gave a little back that that was down two hundred and fifty seven points. Kick off this morning forty one thousand, seven ninety four NASTAG down sixty to eighteen thousand and one seventy nine. Benchmark ten year Treasury stands at a four point three one percent, and oil stands at seventy one dollars sixty five cents of barrel to The most active is the Big Studs Salesforce, Home Depot and Cisco, the Big Duds, Intel, doll and United Health. On the economic calendar. This morning, we'll get numbers on the trade deficit for September right now. Futures they are on the episode Hang on to this be a positive opening right here on Wall Street.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 15: I'm out here. This is Halan managing director with Ramy James, reporter for The Rod Ryan Show from Raymond James on same Fleet and Augusta and don't forget toys a rock out with your stock out.
Speaker 12: Famian's expressed are those of Helland and not necessarily those of Raymond James and associates. Income Ever, nat AS, IBC, Iron Radio or AT sponsors. Information is based on sources believed to be reliable, but it's not guaranteed. There's no insurance transmision. We'll continue if this is not a solicitation, offer or recommendation to buy or sell any security referred to RAN This programs are educational and informational purposes.
Speaker 5: Only the Studs and Duds are based on movement.
Speaker 1: As reported by YAH nine AM ninety four to five, buys. Good Morning, rod Ryan Show. Where's that snappy jingle?
Speaker 13: Get you.
Speaker 10: There?
Speaker 1: It is? Hey, good morning. Who's on the phone?
Speaker 2: Diana?
Speaker 1: Dude? Deep Diana? Yeah, all right, dirty Diana. The original reels of the classics like Gone with the Wind and The Wizard of Oz and a bunch of other movies apparently in TV shows. Where are they stored?
Speaker 5: I believe the answer is Kansas.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's an underground salt mine and it happens to be you're correct in Kansas. Hey, Congratulations, you're a big winner today. Fun fact flashback winner. What are you giving her?
Speaker 3: Okay, Dana, You're gonna get a paired to get to see Chelsea Handler at Smart Financial Center.
Speaker 2: Congratulations, where to go? Thank you?
Speaker 1: All right, Diana, Thank you.
Speaker 2: Have a great day, you too, Thank you.
Speaker 1: I'm going to now. Thanks.
Speaker 3: Hey, Alexa played ninety four point five The Buzz on iHeartRadio, getting ninety.
Speaker 2: Four point five the bus stations from iHeartRadio.
Speaker 16: Ryan Show every morning six to ten on ninety four to five, The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Well ninety four five The Buzz Good Morning rod Ryan Show. That's a Papa Roach's last resort.
Speaker 2: It's tat Tuesday.
Speaker 1: Here on the rod Ryan Show. Of course election day as well. Ashley with an eye. She's got a pretty solid plan today. She didn't get out early, Okay, so she's gonna try something that no one's going to try.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: She just sent me an email she said, I got a lunch break at about one o'clock. I'm gonna go out and vote.
Speaker 2: At one.
Speaker 17: We'll go.
Speaker 1: No one will be out at one, no one. It's gonna be crazy out there today.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be nuts out there today.
Speaker 1: But you know what, you're all good people for making a plan to get out there and do a little voting. Today. Could be a little sloppy out there while you're waiting in line. Fifty percent chance of morning showers mostly clowning today. Highs up around seventy nine. There, it is election day. What you got?
Speaker 3: Oh well, I got that. The election day is today. Former President Trump expected to be in Florida, while Vice President Harris will be in DC. The Trump campaign is hosting an election night watch party at the Convention Center in West Palm Beach, and then sources close to the Harris Walls campaign say they'll be hosting an event near her alma mater. Howard University. Also one of the remind people don't expect to go to bed tonight knowing who the president of the United States is. Many factors include how different states handle elections differently, maybe days before we know the results. In twenty twenty, most news outlets didn't declare Joe Biden the winner until four days after the election day.
Speaker 2: So I just wanted to remind you guys of that.
Speaker 1: I thought this was interesting. I mean, there's something interesting about this.
Speaker 2: Tell me.
Speaker 1: In twenty twenty the presidential election, sixty two point eight percent of the voting age population in the US voted. When you compare that to national elections in forty nine other countries, we rank thirty first.
Speaker 2: That's not good. That's not good.
Speaker 1: I think you just assume that everybody's out there and going voting today. No they're not. They're not. I mean, there's a out but we don't. I mean, there's people in other countries that have the right to vote, and they take advantage of it more than we do. Right, So that's my thing. Go vote all right, makes it feel big and strong.
Speaker 3: The last of five suspects charged in a Houston based educational cheating scandal is out on bond after her arrest yesterday. So I really wanted to give an update on the story because this was the million dollar scheme that we had talked about last week where hundreds of unqualified teachers were getting certified to teach at schools across Texas. So this lady, Tewana Mason turned herself in and had a bond hearing in court.
Speaker 2: She is a former.
Speaker 3: Official at the Houston Training and Education Center and reportedly took payments from Vincent Grayson that's the accused ringleader of the scheme to cover it up. So, yes, I know it's election day, but this is also a really big story here in Houston, and I just wanted to keep you guys posted on it because it's probably not the last time I'm going to talk about it.
Speaker 2: Then let's talk about Elon Musk.
Speaker 3: Remember he was doing that million dollar a day sweepstakes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was running that.
Speaker 3: So a judge ruled yesterday that Elon Musk one million a day voter sweepstakes run through his America pat could continue. So basically it was they were saying that was designed to actually influence a national election. But an attorney from US told the judge the people that are receiving this one million dollars are not chosen by chance that they know exactly who will be announced as a winner today and tomorrow.
Speaker 2: So they were testified. He said, we.
Speaker 3: Vet out the people and we make sure that the person getting the money is someone who's value aligned with our group.
Speaker 2: So Elon Musk. A lot of people thought he was gonna be in big trouble for that. Doesn't look like he is. All right, let's talk about some TV.
Speaker 3: They are saying that we are in a golden age of TV. So the Hollywood Reporter said, let's do the fifty best TV shows of the twenty first century so far. Number one on this list is mad Men from two thousand and seven to twenty fifteen. Mad Men was all the rage people watch that rod, that's one of your favorite shows.
Speaker 1: I think it's one of the best TV shows of all time. I don't know that number one, but it was great.
Speaker 2: Well, listen to some of the rest of the lists and see who you like. It won.
Speaker 3: The Sopranos in number two, Succession three, thirty, Rock four, The Wire, five, Reservation Dog six, s Mettercsaw seven Girls eight.
Speaker 1: Okay, Breaking Bad was where.
Speaker 5: Are You Bad?
Speaker 4: Was sixteen on this list, it would reach Sopranos breaking bad for me, it would be one two.
Speaker 1: Okay. And guess what she didn't say. She didn't say Game of Thrones. It's not in the top twenty.
Speaker 2: No jot in the top twenty.
Speaker 1: That's insane to me that Game of Thrones wouldn't have to be mentioned. That. That proves to me that they just put out a list to get to piss me off, to make you mad man, Oh, mad man?
Speaker 2: Good one, Alex good one, Alex. Okay.
Speaker 3: Let's talk about Bruce Springsteen boss because he visited the he was on set of his own biopic, Delivered Me from Nowhere. He even gave Jeremy Allen White, who is playing him in the biopick a hug. You can read that all about that on the music blog page. There's a little Instagram post of it. You can see them.
Speaker 1: Meeting with the same height.
Speaker 2: I'll say that exactly.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying that. I'm not saying he looks like him, but they're the exact same height and they kind.
Speaker 2: Of have the same build. Yeah, So I mean they're.
Speaker 1: You know, there's there's a little bit more jacked. Yeah, he's a little bit more, but he's not quite as jacked as he was like in the wrestling movie.
Speaker 2: So it's kind of cool to see. It's a fun moment that was captured.
Speaker 1: And you can go look at it because you see Bruce Briksteen pringstek Bruce Springsteen hugging Bruce Springsteen someone but the.
Speaker 2: Bear gets a bear hug from the Boss.
Speaker 1: He's wearing a I think a leather.
Speaker 2: Leather jagget and then a plaid. You look, you'll see it.
Speaker 1: You gotta have a plaid. You gotta have it's the Boss. You gotta be plaid. Gonna be a lunch box going into the factory with my lunchbox and my thermis. Sorry, what's going on in sports?
Speaker 4: On Monday night, put all the Chiefs went into their own home stadium with their lunch box and the thermis, and they beat the Bucks in overtime thirty to twenty four. DeAndre Hopkins caught two touchdowns to the Chiefs in his second game with the team as.
Speaker 1: A as a Bills fan. Yes, did you I noticed it? Did you see the coin toss? It goes up in the air for overtime, The Chiefs get it and Baker Mayconfield.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's on the sports blog page. He was so defeated.
Speaker 1: Baker Mayfield just said, we just lost the game.
Speaker 2: On a coin toss.
Speaker 1: And because he knows what the Kansas City Chiefs do is I know what they do, what they don't they do, correct, But I've been on the receiving end of that, being on the wrong end of the coin toss.
Speaker 2: And Bucks had to do so much to get to overtime. They stopped them with like two minutes left.
Speaker 4: They rubbed down the field one time out Bankers offered the touchdown, and it just that's the one thing in the rule, the NFL rules, I wish that the Bucks would have gotten a chance to try and match the touchdown. That's that just sucks when, like I understand, get your defense to stop them, but it sucks that like Baker Mayfield didn't get.
Speaker 1: Touch the field. I know, you got to let the offense, the.
Speaker 2: Other offense get a shot.
Speaker 4: And they created that a role in the in the in the playoffs, it's it would be that way, but still it just sucks. NFL trade deadlines also today at three o'clock, Texans could potentially be in the market for a receiver, offensive lineman or a safety. I'll get you guys updated if anything happens during the show. In basketball, Rockets gotta win. Last night they meet the Nicks one or nine to ninety seven. They're four and three on the year. They're gonna have a day off today before they host the Spurs tomorrow night at Toyota Center. And in college basketball, fourth rank U of H opened up their season with a win yesterday. They blew out Jackson State ninety seven to forty four. Maybe you want to go see U of H in action. I got tickets for yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Caller ten seven and three, two and two five, nine for five.
Speaker 4: You're gonna get to go to the Mattress Firm Battleground two K twenty four this Saturday at Toyota Center. You're gonna see U of H, Auburn, Rice, and Florida State all in action in that one. Tickets are on sale now at Toyota Center dot com or callar ten seven one three, two on two five nine four five. Those tickets are yours. That's what's going on in sports.
Speaker 11: Houston's rocking alternatives, The Rod.
Speaker 12: Ross The Morning Show from six to ten AM ninety four or five.
Speaker 1: Buzz ninety four five The Buzz, Good Morning, Rot Ryan Show, Happy Tat Tuesday, Happy.
Speaker 2: Election Day, everybody?
Speaker 3: Are you having a happy Election Day?
Speaker 1: A little wet, rainy and drizzly outside, up to a fifty percent chance of some rain with mostly cloudy skies this morning, and then there's chances of rain, so I know there's gonna be long lines and stuff out for voting today. We're going to mention it today on the show, of course we are, but we're gonna do some other fun things. I thought we would play Hit the Post now till next hour, I asked, leaving the show yesterday, Chili's getting a week off from putting candy in his mouth and reading, but I got the Charlie Brown Thanksgiving next week, Charlie next week, Chili Brown returns with a wonderful reading, but he's got to buy a week this this week. So I asked what you guys wanted to play today. Let's go, let's play a game. Let's take our minds off of things. Let's let's use this as a little escapism. So we're gonna play Hit the Post. That's always a fun game. We're gonna have you guys play the DJ. Somebody's gonna win some highly suspect tickets at A twenty. Don't worry. I got Monster Jam tickets for you this hour. Hey, Monster Jam tickets on sale today through a ticketmaster dot com. There's three Monster Jam shows in the new year. Today, I'm gonna give away four pack of tickets and pit passes for the February one show at NRG Stadium. Now, whole question today, voting, I mean that's a no brainer. Happy Election Day. It only happens every four years when it comes to I mean, I feel like there's an election going on at all times. If you're like me, you just feel like there's always somebody running, there's always a sign in somebody's yard. It seems like the political ads, I feel like they're not going to stop. It would be nice to turn on the TV tomorrow and not see a political ad.
Speaker 2: That would be nice.
Speaker 1: Don't care if it's your guy, your gal or not. It's just enough's enough already. It's a lot, and I know we have midterms, but this is a big one. So Happy Election Day. Are you voting today? There's only thirty votes. Eighteen percent of our audience says they're voting today. Seventy four percent of our audience says they early voted.
Speaker 2: Nice.
Speaker 1: Seven point four percent of our audience says they're not voting today for whatever reason. I'm not asking for reasons. I just said, it's just that amount of people said, no, they're not going to vote. They're not going to vote in this election today. This was not talked about. I mean, it certainly wasn't talked about when I was growing up like it is now. I think we can all agree on that. It wasn't talked about at all in my family. I don't know that my parents voted. I mean, I don't know how that makes me sound, but I just don't think it was the thing. My parents never ever ever talked about it.
Speaker 2: I let my family did, and my family would support.
Speaker 3: They're a local politician, you know, we'd have a sign in our yard. Someone would come out and talk to my grandma or grandpa and say, hey, this is what I'm doing, this is what i'm running.
Speaker 2: Would you mind can we put a sign in your yard?
Speaker 1: There was zero of that. There was nothing at all. I don't remember anyone talking about it growing up. It was on the news obviously dominates that day, not like it dominates because we don't have a you know, we didn't have a twenty four hour news cycle back then. But I don't know. I'll ask my mom. I don't know that my mom's ever voted.
Speaker 2: I remember going because she has, like when I was a kid.
Speaker 4: Yeah, my parents weren't like it was just like, hey, this is what we do every four years.
Speaker 2: This is just the thing. It wasn't like a big deal. No, dude, Well, my dad was running for superintendent. My mom would stop people she saw someone walking the street. She would put roll downward and she go, hey, have you voted today? You know there's an election, right, yeah, and yeah, that's like the family.
Speaker 1: Do you remember what election it was that your mom took you? Because you know who told a story similar to what you just said. I was watching. I don't know where he was. Chris Christy was on and he talked about his mom taking He was the governor of New Jersey, right, and he was a presidential hopeful for a while.
Speaker 2: Uh huh.
Speaker 1: Now he just kind of pontificates on things. He said he remembers his mom taking him to vote. I can't remember what election it was. It was a long time ago because he's older. But the mom voted for against what the dad voted for. He remembers that moment.
Speaker 2: You remember when your mom took him. I think it was Clinton Dole.
Speaker 1: Okay, was that ninety six? I believe did your mom share with you? Who's about it for? You don't have to talk.
Speaker 2: I do know she voted.
Speaker 1: Okay, you should leave it at that.
Speaker 2: Because she wasn't like pushing about any of it. Like my parents were never like people like, yeah, you should do this, this is wrong, this is right.
Speaker 1: I don't remember my dad ever mentioning too. We just didn't talk about it.
Speaker 2: I was just like, hey, I voted for this quession.
Speaker 3: So how did you get politically motivated?
Speaker 1: How can you not?
Speaker 2: It's not that you're not.
Speaker 1: I'm not politically motivated, but look what we do for a living. What we do for a living, there's no one that's going to accuse us. It's like, oh my god, this show's always talking about politics. You have to talk The election is today. You have to talk about it. And the trick to talking about it is is to not lean one way or the other. Some people are so sensitive that they're listening to every single word of my mouth and how I'm saying it, and they want to know, Okay, which way is this guy leaning? And my favorite emails right now is like, Rod, I can't tell and I love that. You shouldn't be able to tell. I'm that on this show. This isn't a show that's going at indoors. So do any of that nonsense because that's.
Speaker 5: Not for us. Right.
Speaker 3: Well, you didn't get into radio, so you could convince a lot of people to think the way you think. That's just not but some, but a lot of people are do have a mic and they want people to think just like they think.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't want that. I don't want them.
Speaker 4: I want people to think that only with my sports takes, right, But.
Speaker 2: I am interested it's not working well it's.
Speaker 1: But I am interested in people that are superior like myself that went out and early voted, and we're at seventy percent of our audience. So it does feel good to have that over with. Man if I had that looming over my head today to go vote, did you end up going early?
Speaker 3: I went to a polling station that I thought was opened by my house.
Speaker 2: And it was closed. So I will be one of the people wait, oh boy today. All right, Well, if here's all.
Speaker 3: Right, I'm built different, I got this. I'm gonna pack a snack.
Speaker 2: We're not gonna sit here.
Speaker 1: I'm not bringing out a dry erase board, and we're not going to play like who's voting for?
Speaker 2: Want and where?
Speaker 1: If you've found a polling spot that is light on the amount of people I don't know, I think that's it.
Speaker 2: Not skip it.
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna set the buzz dot com. Send it to me only me, and I will share it with no one. That's the only email that I'll ever keep to myself.
Speaker 1: Listen, we don't care who you're voting for. As a matter of fact, if you don't vote, you're still invited to our party every morning.
Speaker 2: Please Rock and Alternative.
Speaker 5: The Rod Ryan Morning Show, six to ten am, The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Ninety four five, The Buzz, Good Morning, Rod Ryan Show seven twenty four. Okay, it changed. It's one hundred percent chance of rain right now, like most of us are getting wet, rained on pouring out.
Speaker 2: There, pouring cats and dogs.
Speaker 1: One hundred percent chance of rain, mostly cloudy highs today of around seventy seven. Now, it's not going to rain all day, but it's going to go through lunch for sure, and that's a lot of people. What if that's going to keep people from voting? Rain stops everything. People don't want to go out in the rain.
Speaker 18: I don't blame you.
Speaker 2: That's just like one extra thing.
Speaker 3: Like if you were on the fence and then it was raining, you're like, oh, forget, I'm not going to go like That's just that's how humans are.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to drive like that. I'm not going to judge I hate driving in the rain.
Speaker 2: Can I just mention?
Speaker 1: I know you're going to talk everything election is trending harris votes dot com. Here's a little pro tip from Renee. Those are the different polling locations. They will tell you I don't know how accurate it is, but they will tell you approximate wait times.
Speaker 2: I've heard that's pretty accurate, So it's pretty It could be.
Speaker 1: As accurate as my weather guy telling me ten percent chance of rain today.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And also I'll tell you that your polling place is open like me, Like you didn't just roll up like I spend all day on the AUGURYA saying hey, go to Harris votes dot org. That's where you get your information. Me thinking I have a lock in on where my polling place is. Did not have a lock she'd have checks said website.
Speaker 1: Okay, so that's happening today. We have a poll question up this morning. I mean, I'm really going to just kind of do this for you. Here are you voting today? Voting? Happy Election Day, everybody. Seventeen percent of our audience voting today. Seventy one percent of our audience early voted.
Speaker 5: Good.
Speaker 3: It's it's about apparably early voted on this poll though, so you gotta wait for the other.
Speaker 1: People to correct. But the state of Texas is right at about half of the eighteen million people that are going to vote in Texas, nine of them already early voted. I saw that this morning. Ten percent of our audience not voting, So I wonder if that has gone up since the weather has taken a turn. So that's all the voting stuff. What well, is there anything else trending or is it just that?
Speaker 3: Speaking of the weather, there was an eighteenth named storm of the twenty twenty four hurricane season yesterday, so Tropical Storm at Raphael became the name storm. It's forecast to hit Cuba as a hurricane tomorrow say it's going to They say that it's going to cross over Cuba, enter the Gulf of Mexico, still at Hurricane Stream, and travel northwesterly by Saturday. The storm was forecast last night to be approaching Louisiana coastline as a tropical storm due to cooler waters in the gulf. So yeah, we do have some we do have some weather watching going on right now.
Speaker 2: That's trending.
Speaker 3: And then and then the singer and sister to the late Prince, Taika Nelson. She died at the age of sixty four. There aren't a ton of details on this, but it was Prince's sister and Nelson I'd put out four albums. She was supposed to put on a farewell concert this past summer but fell ill.
Speaker 2: So that's really all that's trending. On eighty four five, the buzz I didn't know he had a sister that put out music. You know, Dolly Parton has a sister that puts out music. Do you ever see her? I did know that Dolly Parton had a sister. Crazy know that she was also musically and fine.
Speaker 1: I think she has a couple of albums out there. It's crazy, how non famous she is that no one ever talks about it.
Speaker 2: Crazy.
Speaker 1: I don't know if she doesn't get along with Dolly. She's good looking, she got the blonde hair, the whole thing. Dolly Parton has a sister that I think has at least a couple of albums out.
Speaker 3: I think they do get along because someone was coming for Dolly one time and like her sister.
Speaker 2: Who never speaks up, spoke.
Speaker 3: Up and Who're like, well you have a sister, Yeah, she has your.
Speaker 2: Back like that, Okay, cool?
Speaker 1: What do you giving away?
Speaker 3: I have a four pack of tickets with pit passes to Monster Jam.
Speaker 2: This is going down February at NRG.
Speaker 1: I'll take call her ten seven one three two one two five nine four five and so.
Speaker 2: Let two day across the country and don't forget to you just sitting there. Those please both vote.
Speaker 3: Please.
Speaker 14: The Ron Ryan Show on ninety four to five The Buzz.
Speaker 1: All right, all right, ninety four or five The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show. That's stained and it's been a while. Rod Ryan's Show, Heavy Tattooesday, Everybody and the other stuff that's going on.
Speaker 2: One hundred percent chance of rain.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're on board. It's raining. We got it. You're getting wet this morning, mostly cloudy, ties up around seventy seven today.
Speaker 2: Good morning, rod Ryan's show. Who's this?
Speaker 16: Oh?
Speaker 2: My god? M G. Hi Stephanie.
Speaker 1: How are you?
Speaker 2: Oh man Rodney Rodney Ryan.
Speaker 1: This is me Rodney Ryan. How are you, Stephanie?
Speaker 2: Oh? I'm doing well. Could my way to work? Okay?
Speaker 1: Good?
Speaker 2: Good?
Speaker 1: Is it rainy? Tell me where you're driving.
Speaker 8: I'm driving from my I know you too, northwest Houston.
Speaker 2: You're in the rain, yes, in the rain.
Speaker 1: Okay, please be careful.
Speaker 8: Got through voting?
Speaker 1: Oh wait a minute, So what was do you mind? I mean, listen, you know. I'm not going to ask you questions like that. I'm just wondering how many people were in line? How long did it take?
Speaker 8: Well? When I drove up, the parking lot was full, it was like six thirty in the morning. But I I got I was second in line, but I had to go back to my car from my papers, so I have my cheat sheets and then ended up third in line. By seven o'clock when it's doors open, there's about thirty five forty people online.
Speaker 1: Very good, nice again morning people being superior people that get up early and do things early. Are superior, Stephanie superior, and call her ten. I'm going to give you a Monster Jam ticket, So I got a I got a four pack with the pit passes. I hope we get to meet you. I want you to come down in February first, down to the pits and hang out with us a little bit. We'll have our truck down there. It's a brand new truck. It's a new design and everything. The truck's never looked like this before. It's a brand new look. So I'm excited to when they have it done. Maybe they'll have a mock up for me beforehand. But yeah, Energy Stadium, everyone else, ticketmaster dot Com today for your Monster Jam tickets. There's three shows in the new year, but we're gonna have you at the February first show. Okay, Stephanie, thank you so much.
Speaker 3: I love your show.
Speaker 2: I love you guys, thank you, we love you.
Speaker 1: Thank you. And you know what, I think, it's just I think it's a great thing that you got up early and you went out and voted today. All right, be careful out there in the rain.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, thank you Stephanie.
Speaker 1: How cool?
Speaker 8: Was she?
Speaker 2: Very cool? I liked she had a cheat sheet, she had notes.
Speaker 1: So the time to look at all the different things. There's there's I'm telling you. You get in there and it's just it's overwhelming. It's like, you know, and listen, if you're so awesome and you know every single name on that ballot, man, I power to you. You know, there's just things it's like, wow, I you know, I don't know who this is or who these people are just being honest, you know, Okay, I think for maybe the third well, no, the second consecutive day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, don't you do it? Don't do it? No?
Speaker 1: No, no, Alix, what's wrong with you?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 1: I can't get that out of It's amazing to me how much Mariah Carey has shown up in all of my social media.
Speaker 2: Feeds, and I can't deny her. She's the one.
Speaker 1: It's lightning up some of the Creed things that I'm getting, don't I stopped at one Creed damn thing. I stopped a one Creed funny haha thing. And then that's all I get is Creed stuff. Now, Mariah Carey, she's on the Looking at Girls blog page again? Is I looked it up? I don't know these numbers offhand. But I certainly know Mariah Carey. I know she's a generational voice. Twenty four top ten singles, twenty eight I'm Sorry, twenty eight top ten songs on the US charts. She's a top five, okay, nineteen number one songs. I think she's being reduced to a novelty act with this one song. I think we're forgetting about the body of work.
Speaker 2: I'm not forgetting.
Speaker 1: Yeah you are. You're not jamming out to Mariah until November one like everyone else.
Speaker 3: Okay, first of all, one little thing you don't know about me is I listen to the Mariah number one's album I.
Speaker 2: Mess with Mariah heavy. I have since I was little. That's who I used to sing.
Speaker 3: To myself in my room, like over and over again. So I'm very familiar with their body of work. But she is literally this is her time, but this is her time of the season to shine. Didn't she get like a wax figure that looks just like her? Didn't Isn't there arthur celebrations already Christmas celebrations with her right now?
Speaker 1: Well, I'm sure she's filming some things. It's just weird to me that somebody that is a top five charting artist in the US. And I think she's reduced to a novelty act. Really, I think just two months out of the year and she she leans into it. She puts out the videos like she had a picture, she had a video of her like just as Elvira. She said, this is Halloween, and then this is the day after, and then boom, she's coming out of the ice and the song and everything, and the song charts. It's a number one song now every year after year after year, this twenty some year old song becomes a number one song again in the country because of all the stations like our sister station down the hall playing it in a heavy rotation.
Speaker 2: If I know my Queen, I know one thing.
Speaker 3: She will accept a check always for this particular song, for this bit.
Speaker 2: So a songwriter on it. So yeah, I mean she's gonna take that money. And she's gonna if if.
Speaker 3: Y'all want to dub her the Queen of Christmas and pay her, she is more than willing to accept that crown.
Speaker 1: Well, she's on looking at girls again. I can't believe Alex tried to sneap that.
Speaker 2: Song on not here, not yet, not on my watch, not on November five. No, no, no, put it away.
Speaker 1: There's ninety four to five The Buzz four five the Buzz, Good Morning, Ron Ryan Show seven forty My goodness. All right, we're moving right along here. We're going to play Hit the Post next hour.
Speaker 2: That's how you're gonna win your tickets for highly suspect.
Speaker 1: I wanted to thank two individuals, didn't I know Ashley will be cool with it. I didn't check with I'll just call her Leslie. We had two big, huge bidders yesterday. Yesterday we closed out the rod Ryan Show Cares store, and that means and like I said, the high bid on Monday yesterday at ten am, will own the item. The two items that we had up for bids was the rod Ryan Show twenty anniversary custom raped acoustic guitar. Thank you Cheeto over at Bull Printing, Wraps and Graphics.
Speaker 2: Her name was Leslie.
Speaker 1: It went for one three hundred and forty dollars nice, So I'll just say I'll keep it at Leslie, Thank you so much. Your generosity is unbelievable, only to be outdone by the one of a kind autographed rod Ryan Showed twentyth anniversary Jean jacket embroidered. All the bands that played at the anniversary party signed it. Thanks to our good friend Jessica from Bayou City Graphics who made this jacket for us. She did that completely on her own, didn't even use work. She just got that jacket made for us. She had it made it Ashley with an I wins it for two thousand dollars. She's already thet she's already the biggest supporter for the rod Ryan shokeres Foundation.
Speaker 2: Well, she needed a jacket to show that.
Speaker 1: She has spent the most money I think of anybody in the rod Ryan Show Care Store. And then she just solidified that by dropping two grand on that jacket. So that's unbelievable. Thank you, Eighties, I love you both. Thank you so much, and thank you to everybody that went into the store this season. I don't have final numbers yet, but MD Anderson's going to get a really really nice check due to your generosity this year.
Speaker 2: Rock and Alternative us.
Speaker 5: To the rod Ryan Marning Show.
Speaker 1: The Buzz ninety four or five, The Buzz Monuskin begging rod Ryan's shown on this Tattooesday. That is their number one link this morning tattooesday. Looking at girls blog pages. There, Yes, Mariah Carey again, which Mariah Carey every day? Now?
Speaker 2: One hundred percent chance, one hundred percent chance of rain for us.
Speaker 1: If you're listening to us, you're gonna get wet today. Mostly cloudy ties them around seventy seven. Oh yeah, Selection day. What are Houston's headlines?
Speaker 2: Wilson's election day is here?
Speaker 3: Polls open this morning for voters to cast their ballots for president, thirty three Senate seats, every seat in the House of Representatives, and state offices in some states. Now before today, over seventy seven million early ballots were cast around the country. Forty one percent of those early votes were by registered Democrats, thirty nine percent by registered Republicans, and their remaining twenty percent by non affiliated voters are those whose affiliation just wasn't known.
Speaker 1: There's a million judges running in Harris County, just so you know.
Speaker 2: Exactly one million. Can you get up a jillion? Actually, can you make it through?
Speaker 1: You show your ID, you go and get your little number, you punch it in. There's a million judges running.
Speaker 3: As of yesterday, twenty states placed a total of around two hundred and fifty National Guard troops on state active duty orders just in case they need a little election support. They are prepared to activate those National Guard troops. Now, if you're in Texas, voters have to decide whether Republican Senator Ted Cruz will returned to DC for a third term or if he'll be replaced by his Democratic challenger, Colin Allread. Now these two are dominating the commercial cycle.
Speaker 1: Who are these two guys?
Speaker 2: I've never heard of it. Yeah, you've heard of them, no matter what.
Speaker 3: Okay, Cruise campaign over the weekend in l Passo McCallan, courding Latino voters and talking about border security. Already had held a rally at the Kesslier Theater in his hometown of Dallas, hoping to become the first Democrat to win a state wide election in Texas in thirty years. So that's what's going on there.
Speaker 1: Art polling that's going on on the X Happy election day. Are you voting? Sev seventy five percent of our audience who voted on this said they voted early, fourteen percent are voting today and eleven percent are not voting. That's what it's I can't believe how many people early voted. It's great.
Speaker 3: Now. We've heard about a lot of Americans feeling stressed by the election, but a lot of businesses are like, look, we've got some discounts on food if you're interested in that.
Speaker 2: Krispy Kreme is one of them. They're offering a free.
Speaker 3: Glazed donut lift an Uber are offering discounted rides for voters.
Speaker 2: You need a ride share to get to a polling location.
Speaker 3: I believe you can get like fifty percent off there are grub Hub has several specials. Those are some of the places you can save today. So if you're into that, go get you a discount code and save on election day. All right, okay, if you need to escape today's vibes like you're an election hell, I know where you're.
Speaker 1: Going with this.
Speaker 2: Can I just tell you?
Speaker 1: I was going to get my coffee. I have my coffee around now, and Chili was in the kitchen and he said, I heard that they're giving like, uh, mental awareness days off after the election. He said, I'm pretty stressed out. I may need a few days off.
Speaker 2: Me too, Me too.
Speaker 1: First time, you're just so stressed out? Yes, you're just so stressed out? Or is it other things that are wanting. You just don't want to work.
Speaker 2: People just want off. Yeah, that's okay, get off. I would like it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, So under the GUIDs of anything, I guess if you're looking for some escapism. Somebody put together a list of movies that they like, the feel good movies. It seems to be very kid heavy here.
Speaker 3: Rinker dot Com says a lot of people are in need of feel good movies today, especially because the majority of Americans admit that they have felt a little stressed by the presidential election and now that election day is here. Keeap no no no no, no swimmers no no no. This is more like How to Train Your Dragon, Finding Nemo track, Rat of Chewy, The blind Side.
Speaker 2: The Passion of the Christ, A lot of there, Barris Fueler's Day Off.
Speaker 3: Feel good movies, Beauty and the Beast, Missus, Doubtfire, Cool Runnings Up, Jumanji, It's a Wonderful Life, The Gooney Matilda.
Speaker 1: It's such a random list of movies.
Speaker 2: Well, geat prepared to feel really good?
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, Well, Alex was commenting that he didn't know that Buck Cherry had so many albums recorded. Yeah, and now, according to Blaberbolt. They have begun recording an eleven studio album. Yesterday, they shared on social media that they touched down in Nashville and they will begin to work on album number eleven with their good friend Marty Fredrickson. And they said they told everyone to start making plans for twenty twenty five. They seem pretty hype about it. So you can go read on the read up on this on the music Balg page. Those are Houston's headlines.
Speaker 1: I hope there's a hit on there, you know, Yeah, you got me. Papa Roach still putting out hits, you know what I mean? With all their albums, Shine Down, still putting out hits. These these are all bands that are kind of kind of came into our lives around the same time. But Cherry needs a hit well, and you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: And you want to keep talking about Christmas music. If you go read the article, they talk about the hits.
Speaker 3: They had a holiday song, tell them It's Christmas in twenty twenty three, and they have another holiday song, Christmas is Here back in twenty ten.
Speaker 2: There you know the facts you get to learn if you actually go and read the article.
Speaker 1: Okay, much like this show, wizard hates Christmas music, Well, he doesn't dabble. Yeah, I've been at places before where you know, blink onin eighty two is a Christmas song. You would kind of put that in rotation in December. He hates Christmas music, Well, he's the great, oh, super Grinchy Wizard. He is the super Grinchy when it comes to the Christmas music that the bands do.
Speaker 2: All right, what you got up with there?
Speaker 4: On Monday Night Football, the Chiefs got by the Buccaneers in overtime thirty to twenty four. DeAndre Hopkins caught two touchdowns for the Chiefs in the game. It's just his second game with the team too. Chiefs are now eight no and they're the league's only undefeated team. On the sports blog page today, Jason Kelsey opened up Monday Night count on yesterday with an apology about slamming a fan's phone.
Speaker 2: You can go read all about it. I don't think he owed anybody in apology.
Speaker 4: He should just be like, well, f around and find out and that's what that guy did.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like, I'm sorry, but here's why new merch called f round and find out.
Speaker 4: They like to apologize to absolutely effing nobody is what he should have said, optics.
Speaker 2: I get it, I get it. It was the right thing to do. And the NFL trade deadline is today at three o'clock.
Speaker 4: Texans could potentially be in the market for receivers, offensive linemen, or safeties. I will keep you guys posted if anything happens during the show. And basketball, Rockets got to win last night. They beat the Knicks one oh nine to ninety seven. Shane Goon had twenty five points in the night to lead all players in scoring.
Speaker 2: Rockets are now four and three on the year.
Speaker 4: They're gonna have a day off today before opening up or before playing the Spurs tomorrow night at Toyota Center.
Speaker 2: And then in.
Speaker 4: College basketball, fourth rank U of H opened up their season with a win yesterday. They BLEWT Jackson State ninety seven to forty four. That is what's going on in sports. So kelsey brand is so huge right now.
Speaker 1: He's got to apologize and hopefully pay this guy off, sweep it under the rug so that they can continue capitalizing on that name right now.
Speaker 3: I think this makes their brand stronger. No, I think him smashing the phone in defense of his brother too.
Speaker 9: Oh.
Speaker 2: I love that, which was like that's his other part of the brand. But yeah, and I give you a brand.
Speaker 11: The rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten am.
Speaker 1: The Buzz Okay ninety four or five, the bus Lincoln Park halfway part of the show People eight o five rain, one hundred percent chance of rain, mostly cloudy today, highs up around seventy seven. A real nice email from Stephanie. She was on with us last hour. She won to take us to Monster champ. She was great on the air too, she was lovely. Yeah, that really does. It still makes me happy after all these years. Everybody knows it's been twenty one years now.
Speaker 4: Almost does suck when you can't say it's twenty twenty one?
Speaker 2: Does it sound as cool as twenty one, even though it's cooler. Twenty one gun salute, twenty one gun salute.
Speaker 1: I'm raising my grandsons. They're going to be so excited. Thank you, thank you, thank you so much for those tickets. My Sammy has been talking about going again and going down in the pits this time. They went a few years ago. But thank you for making this happen. I am blessed. You are blessed, Stephanie, you are You had great energy on this show. I love hearing about it. She's the one that got up early, went and voted. You remember, she was kind of sharing some of that information. Of course, I don't ask who you're voting for. I don't care. I can honestly tell you that I don't care. I don't.
Speaker 2: Isn't that wonderful? How good does that feel?
Speaker 1: Really?
Speaker 2: Is?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 5: I love it.
Speaker 1: I don't stick my head in the sand, and I pay attention to this stuff more than I let on. I share that with you guys all the time. But it doesn't ruin my day. If I find out that you voted for somebody that I didn't vote for, I'm good with it. I would like you to vote. I think it's important. About ten percent of our audience, almost eleven percent of our audience says they're not voting, guys, two hundred and sixty eight votes on this, So you've took you've taken the time to vote on my poll today on the x H thirteen percent of our audience plans on voting today. Seventy five percent of our audience early voted. We have the smartest audience. I say that all the time. It's backed up by stuff like that seventy audience or or are they like me? And I'll put myself in that category. Is it like CrossFit? You like to tell people that you voted early.
Speaker 2: Well, I think that's what's going on this.
Speaker 1: It doesn't make me feel superior.
Speaker 3: Let me let me go seek this pull out, Let me go get my gold star, do.
Speaker 2: A little CrossFit.
Speaker 1: Voted early.
Speaker 2: Here's my sticker. I went to this school, you know that sort of thing.
Speaker 1: I went to this college. You know that's part of my You know it doesn't define me, but right now it defines me.
Speaker 2: I voted early.
Speaker 1: You should have.
Speaker 2: This hour.
Speaker 1: We're gonna get away from all of this. We're gonna play Hit the Post. You guys want to play DJ on the air. That would be awesome to have you guys do my job for me, do our job for us, and show us how easy it is to hit the post. I think most of you know how to play this game. I'll explain it coming up. It is for highly suspect tickets. They're playing Friday night. I'm surprised you can still get tickets to that show. We talked about this several times. It amazes me when there's like something new We talked about it with Alex several times. On choosing a baby name. Did you feel a lot of stress?
Speaker 2: Was it an easy process? Did you and Emma?
Speaker 1: Were you on the same page, because I feel like you were getting your way. That's when it came to the baby name. She didn't have concrete like, hey, listen, family, what if we only have one? I've got to do this.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So, for instance, so my good friend Hell how lind Captain Cash? You know him?
Speaker 2: I do? All right?
Speaker 1: M sorry to announce his dad passed away recently and I just went to the celebration of life. But I've always known this. Hell Captain Cash is hal lynd the third. Okay, we know from being a superstar. Will lynd his son. Okay, Will's name is Hall. Okay, how's you got a boy? You gotta name him Hell, you gotta keep that going. Will Lynd is hal Lynde the fourth and they fled. Will doesn't have any kids yet, but they've made it known that you don't have a choice.
Speaker 2: This is a doctrine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's married, and you know, I don't know what his plans are because he's out there being a rock star. Now he's on the Road with Kip Moore. Right, he's the keyboard player and writing songs and everything.
Speaker 2: They've told him.
Speaker 1: You don't have a choice, dude, hall Lynd, you gotta keep this going.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so.
Speaker 1: Emma didn't have any kind of like a family thing, like hey, we got to go here.
Speaker 2: That also terrifies me because I know that I would be whatever that name is that lets everybody else and I blow the tying down where you're like, oh wow, the fourth one he sucked, you could start sucked, Alex Middleton.
Speaker 3: But it.
Speaker 1: Sounds great though, Alex the first, it really.
Speaker 2: Does sound right.
Speaker 4: And then you get to do senior Like remember when was it Calvin Johnson senior?
Speaker 3: Hmm?
Speaker 4: When he had the kid? He was like a kid and I had a junior. So now I'm the senior and didn't.
Speaker 1: What was the quarterback that played in Washington, Griffith the third? He was the first one to have three on his jersey. Yeah, he had the Roman numerals one, two, three. Well here's a trend right now, I'll use me as an example. This one so it's called my best friend's Dad is the trend. And what makes it even dumber that it sounds is you take your best friend, you take their dad's name, and that's what you name your girl.
Speaker 3: Ah twist, Okay, I caught you right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Oh wait a minute, a little twist. Aru. Yeah, it's called my best friend's dad. The hot new baby name trend to look out for in twenty twenty five. Grandpa names for girls have been trending for a while. Name Barry is the one that kind of puts this altogether. And uh, if you were to name, like, if you were my best friend and you were having a girl, you're gonna name your kid Patrick. That was my dad's name. Patrick.
Speaker 2: There you go, baby Patrick.
Speaker 1: And it's not like okay, but it's not like you could go Patty. It's your naming your it's your best friend's dad's name. Is you're giving that to your daughter right now?
Speaker 5: Best friend?
Speaker 3: You have a best friend, Yeah, Kayla, her dad is named Byron.
Speaker 2: Sot your girl with Byron.
Speaker 3: That's perfect Byron Barrera because we'd take my last name.
Speaker 2: Max.
Speaker 1: Names like Max, Lenny, and Teddy are popular right now.
Speaker 2: For girls.
Speaker 1: Max is a girl's name on Stranger Things. Lenny, Okay, I can see this, Teddy, but I mean okay, John the most common name John for Grandpa's right now, John John for a girl. Come on, that's not gonna happen.
Speaker 2: Is you got an audible out of that one?
Speaker 1: Okay, that's not gonna My best friend's dad is the hot new baby named trend girl.
Speaker 2: My name your daughter, Doug, Doug. This is my daughter Doug on that one, right, I'm not doing that.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Doug. She's so cute with a little bow in her hair.
Speaker 2: You whatever, your best friend's grandma's name.
Speaker 1: That's your name, your son, chutest little Doug ever.
Speaker 2: Just come up with your own ideas. Guys.
Speaker 1: Paul, Paul, here's my daughter, Paul, Paul.
Speaker 2: Sounds funny.
Speaker 1: There's Paul, my daughter.
Speaker 2: No more than that. Gang.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, we're gonna play Hit the Post coming up. I'll explain everything on the flip of this break. If you guys want to do what we do, show us how it's done. Hit the Post coming up.
Speaker 11: Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative and The Rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 1: Ninety four five. The Buzz Good Morning brought Ryan's show. All Right, it's tat Tuesday. A lot of voting business going on because it's voting day. It's election Day. We're gonna try to take your mind off of that for a moment at least, and we're gonna play Hit the Post, which is fun.
Speaker 2: It's always fun.
Speaker 1: This song that we're using today, it's a little longer than what we normally do, so you could, I mean, it could produce some awesome It could produce some awesome results today. Percent chance of ring mostly Claude high seventy seven. Election trending everything.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, it's all election. Okay.
Speaker 1: Is there anything else that's non electoral trending?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: What is it?
Speaker 2: And it's got me grinned from ear to ear.
Speaker 3: There's been a rumor that Cheeto's Flame and Hot is doing a Dill Pickle flavor.
Speaker 1: Ooh you love pickles and flaming hot.
Speaker 2: Shure right favor? I eat those things together. It is coming in twenty twenty five.
Speaker 3: Influencer Snack later spilled that new Flame and Hot Cheetos flavor Dill Pickle is on its way. The product will drop in February. The pickle trend is not a trend, guys.
Speaker 2: It wasn't a phase.
Speaker 5: Mom.
Speaker 2: We love pickles and it's here to stay.
Speaker 1: The flaming Hot I don't know that I've ever even had one, But I know, I know it's got to be a very dominant flavor. The flavor itself, is there room for a hint of something else in there?
Speaker 3: Do a hint of lime and that's delicious, So they could do a hint of pickle now be so delicious. Also, did you.
Speaker 2: See Beyoncey looking like?
Speaker 3: Okay, So Pamela Anderson has been trending all morning on the X and I'm like, Pamela Anderson, like, what's going on with her? It's the fact that Beyoncey dressed like her for Halloween. She was like her bob Wire. She did her look from the nineteen ninety nine MTV VMA. She did her in the little red bathing suits. I have no idea, but Beyonce as Pamela Anderson has been trending on the X all morning, and I'm finally figuring out why I've beyond.
Speaker 1: I've been on Beyonce's Instagram like probably as soon as yesterday, and I didn't see anything of her, just posted it late.
Speaker 3: Okay, So Beyonce singing Bodyguard is Pamela Anderson is the medicine we didn't.
Speaker 2: Know we needed. That's something. Yeah, I guess so, I guess it comes with a music video. Okay, that's why.
Speaker 3: Yeah the song is called Bodyguard, and yeah we already talked about election Day.
Speaker 2: Those are the things that are trending on eighty four five to the bus.
Speaker 1: Maybe she should have dressed up as Whitney for that. Yeah, miss stuff really easy?
Speaker 2: Maybe it's too easy?
Speaker 1: Yes, Okay, what are we giving away?
Speaker 3: Highly suspect tickets? They're playing by your music center at this Friday. Tickets are on soal now.
Speaker 2: It tookidmaster dot com. When I left the show yesterday, I said, hey, man, let's play.
Speaker 1: Let's play a game. I give Chili the day off. He's stressed out because of the election. So no Chili Brown today. We'll do Chili Brown next week at this time. But what game would you like us to play? And the most requested game was hit the Post? Uh and I believe it?
Speaker 7: Polls.
Speaker 1: I believe it. Yeah, as many people hitting the polls, we're going to hit the post this morning. What does that mean?
Speaker 2: Maybe there's one or two people that don't know how to play. We're gonna use.
Speaker 1: We're gonna use a highly suspect song today. As a matter of fact, it doesn't always work out that way, but for highly suspect tickets, I normally don't like to have an intro this long. Oh no, highly suspect, my name is human. If you're Alex, it's human.
Speaker 2: Alex should do this. Oh, you do it.
Speaker 1: We know how we play this game, and you are the trail blazer to show people how it's done.
Speaker 2: You can you do it, Alex, highly suspect, my name is human.
Speaker 1: The intro time I usually like, I think I have a sweet spot.
Speaker 2: Is right?
Speaker 1: What about seventeen eighteen seconds? Yeah, people can talk seventeen eighteen seconds. This intro is twenty three Oh jeez, it could sink some ships today. Okay, it really could, because.
Speaker 2: It's going to rant a twenty second rant.
Speaker 1: You should have no problem at all filling twenty three seconds.
Speaker 2: No, it's never the problem with filling it. It's going too far and talking more and more.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, give me one of your cool story local bro, Give me one of your cool stories, bro, and uh, and try to hit the name of the band, name of the song in the radio station. Maybe throw your name in there. But then the rest of the time is yours.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, Okay, finally some me time.
Speaker 2: Guys.
Speaker 1: This is how you hit the post.
Speaker 2: Okay, this is how you do it. Take some notes.
Speaker 1: Here's the DJ stylings of Tessa Rah.
Speaker 2: Rah, Please please not too long go. Good morning, Houston.
Speaker 3: It's election day, boy, get your asses up and get up to the pole.
Speaker 2: You didn't early vote, that's on you. Okay, you're like me.
Speaker 3: You're gonna be waiting at the polls. This is the best poll to be on that you could be on today. There's a new hot Cheeto flavor coming out, steal pickle.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be a great day. Our ninety four to five.
Speaker 3: The buys not bad.
Speaker 8: Not bad.
Speaker 2: I don't meet on bone there.
Speaker 3: I could have started talking about a whole new thing, and I just had to make my tongue believe.
Speaker 1: Listen, it's not mandatory. But I don't know that we ever got around to the name of the band or the name of the song. It was like pickle talk and voting talk and jumping on poles.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there, there really was no.
Speaker 1: The band's come into town. They're playing on Friday.
Speaker 2: They've been talking about them all week. That was the mean time.
Speaker 1: There was no band name or no title, just listen, we all vote how we vote here.
Speaker 6: That's right, Okay, laid up a little laid up, a little short, a little short on hitting the posts, but you didn't go over the post and a to Alex.
Speaker 2: That's a killer. That's my bugget boo Alex, bug a.
Speaker 1: Boo and that Just so you guys know all the radio terms what we say here, that's called stepping on the lyrics. Okay, if you go over and you're trying to squeeze in your ninety four five the buzz and your boy Johnny is singing O, that's.
Speaker 4: I don't rule you out, but that Alex, Alex will not vote for you.
Speaker 1: They will not give you a number one slot for that. Do you I want to play hit the post this morning? Seven one three, two one two five nine four five.
Speaker 2: This could be a good one rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 5: On ninety four five in the bus.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five the bus. Good Morning rod Ryan Show, Nirvana, Come as you are, Good morning, Hope you're off to a great start to your day. I know it's a little rainy out there, Please be careful. Most of our morning listeners are behind the wheel, so I want you to make sure you're taking a little extra time. Alfredo, listen, I said, I wasn't going to do this. Now I'm going to do it. Brother Rod and family. Huffman ID Office, no line. I walked right in, did my American duty. Okay, there you go, Huffman ID Office. He went and voted this morning. And I know the polling places are packed.
Speaker 2: I've heard that they're packed. And we're not gonna sit here and go through each one.
Speaker 1: But you gotta get out there. You gotta do it. Should have early voted like mere chance of Reign mostly cloudy today hides up around seventy seven.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: Somebody told me we have some jingle Blake stuff for Hit the Post. Is that true?
Speaker 2: We got it.
Speaker 1: We got game intros and explanations and yeah, we got some. We got some jingle Blake stuff, and so long we play. You know what, It's been a long time since we played this game, and it is. It does seem to be a bit of a fan favorite. Here's what jingle Blake put together for us.
Speaker 18: Oh, y'all can cool j Y'll fade up, then y'all make drowning.
Speaker 17: In fame.
Speaker 2: Drowning.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Oh, I gotta give cool DJ names, all right, I can do that. Is there instructions? Yes, he made an This is the first time we've ever had like somebody jingle us instructions on how to play the game.
Speaker 2: Try to sounds like an idiot.
Speaker 18: Trying not to sounds like a Do to act confident and you'll be just fine.
Speaker 2: Probably be as your way through some excuse.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: I don't know if that explains anything. But what's gonna happen here is I'm going to play you the highly suspect song. You're gonna you can play the intro, and you're gonna show us how you hit the post. Hit the post means you're talking over the intro of the song. You heard Tessa do it. It's a it's a twenty three second intro. It doesn't I'll tell you what. The song just kind of it just kind of rolls in the beginning. There's not really like a hard where he comes in singing where it's real noticeable.
Speaker 2: Yeah, isn't. It's It's okay. It's just kind of kind of rolling along. So we got Joseph, Hi, Joseph.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Good morning, sir.
Speaker 2: I'm doing well.
Speaker 1: Joe the bro oh is gonna be our first contestant here, Joe the Bro hit the post highly suspect. Listen. I'm not telling you what to say. I'm just telling you the name of the band is highly suspect. If you wanted the song title, my name is Human. I think it's good information and I think it's for me. It's a requirement to hit the radio station. It's ninety four to five the Buzz. But boy, you really got a lot of space here to breathe, Joseph, Joe the Bro. You ready, yes, sir, okay? The DJ stylings of Joe the Bro in three two one, you're on daddy.
Speaker 19: Oh hey, guys, you're listening to ninety four five of the Buzz.
Speaker 5: This is Joe the Bro.
Speaker 19: Don't forget it's gonna be It's a highest sixty five right now. We've got one hundred percent chance of ringing. I want to just give a quick shout out to the Rod Ryan Show Care Store. Thank you everybody for an amazing year. Check out the tat Tuesday feature today and check out the Looking at Girls blog page. This is highly suspect.
Speaker 8: I am human.
Speaker 2: Okay, listen.
Speaker 1: Sucking up to the host of the show and hitting the charity always weren't always point you did leave you laid up on your putt for sure, a.
Speaker 2: Little bit, Joe the bro But it wasn't bad. It wasn't bad.
Speaker 1: This is one of the longer. Have we ever done an intro this long? I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think we did one that I can't remember what it was. We didn't want It was like thirty something.
Speaker 1: The second shit, we did a thirty second intro really long one one time, and it was it was a horrible game.
Speaker 2: Stops doing that.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, that had to be bad. Okay, listen, I don't care how you vote and how you judge over there, just we're gonna need who's your one, two, and three. I'm using a numeric system here, I'm doing on a ten scale. Kevin who just wrote his own name. It's caller eleven.
Speaker 2: Kevin, caller eleven, Kevin.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I needed three contestants. He was the eleventh caller. Joe the bro was ten. Kevin eleven, Kevin eleven, Good.
Speaker 7: Morning, Good morning, Kevin eleven.
Speaker 1: That's your cool DJ name. Okay, highly suspect. My name is human. Joe the Broke got the name of the song wrong. But two, by the way, what is that. He didn't say my name is human. He goes to human song or something like that, I'm human. Yeah, yah, yeah, yeah yeah, I'm making notes here. I'm making notes, all right. Kevin eleven, highly suspect, my name is human ninety four five the buzz. You do what you want. It's your time. You're the DJ. You ready, let me stop this? Hang on? Okay. The DJ stylings of Kevin eleven in three two one, you're on.
Speaker 2: Oo yo yo, good morning, Age town.
Speaker 5: This is their boy, Kevin eleven.
Speaker 1: You already know what today is.
Speaker 8: We don't even gott.
Speaker 1: To let you know.
Speaker 8: You know, you know, and if you don't know, then what you're doing.
Speaker 10: This is highly suspect ninety four Buds they dry and stay alive.
Speaker 1: I liked it.
Speaker 2: I liked it.
Speaker 1: Just just laid up a little short, but I like I like your message. I thought you had good energy. That's Kevin eleven. Everybody, Kevin e be Kevin eleven. This is gonna be hard, guys, It's gonna be hard. Now Ruben's been listening. It's like, okay, I've heard two guys lay up short. I gotta get in there and hit the post. I gotta do what the game says to do.
Speaker 2: Good morning. You know it would be awesome if you were Cuban. You could be Ruben the Cuban.
Speaker 1: Any chance, any chance, any chance you're Cuban.
Speaker 14: No, actually, my damn it.
Speaker 2: My tag used to be Ruben's not Cuban. Ruben's not Cuban. Okay, I'm going with Ruben's.
Speaker 3: Not Cuban, and my name is humans, not Cuban.
Speaker 1: My name is Ruben. He hello, my name is Rubin. He all right, Ruben not Cuban. Did you hear what Joe the Bro and Kevin Elevin did so?
Speaker 2: I heard it, but I couldn't hear the music.
Speaker 8: I didn't hear their meat that was left on the tall.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they laid up. They had what we call some Sally putts on the on the greens. Okay, Sally laid it up a little short, didn't hit it quite hard enough. The intro for highly Suspect, My Name is Human is twenty three seconds. They're playing on Friday. The name of the radio station is ninety four or five. The buzz Ruben's not Cuban. You do what you want, it's your twenty three seconds to glory. Are you ready?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: Okay, here we go.
Speaker 2: Ruben's not Cuban. The DJ start morning.
Speaker 1: I listened, whoa whoa full start, false start, everybody, back to the blocks, Back to the blocks, penalty. It's okay, you're allowed one false start. All right, here we go. J stylings of Ruben's not Cuban in three two one.
Speaker 2: Good morning. This is ninety four five the buzz it's one hundred percent chance of rain. Ruben is not Cuban. So let's check out. How you sus my name is human.
Speaker 18: Let's do it.
Speaker 3: Stay safe on the road.
Speaker 1: A lot of meat. I mean you left a feast you have.
Speaker 2: You left a full table of food right there. You left an absolute feast of song remaining. Ruben's not Cuban.
Speaker 3: Hang on, he had enough time to critique himself and the song still had to start playing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was still I thought he was still in it.
Speaker 1: He's like, oh, a lot of meat. I thought that was part of his rat. Noah, he could have called in there and used that, because it's like, you know, there's there is something to be said about the dramatic pause where everything you're done then no, you're not quite done yet.
Speaker 2: All right, Ruben's not Cuban. I appreciate all three players today. A tough one.
Speaker 1: This is a really tough one. Okay, here's how we're gonna do this.
Speaker 2: Can eliminate somebody.
Speaker 1: I'm going to simply ask my my, my experts over here, my hit the posters that you know do this all the time, do this for a living?
Speaker 2: Does anybody have Rubens not Cuban as their winner?
Speaker 1: Funny?
Speaker 2: He was funny.
Speaker 1: I don't usually you do not have Ruben's not.
Speaker 2: Ruben's not Cuban. But he participated. He's invited to my barbecue because he will leave so much meat on the table.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, he's not gonna eat everything. Yeah, he's not going to eat everything.
Speaker 2: That's for sure. Leftovers.
Speaker 1: Okay, so that's good. All right, Ruben is not Cuban.
Speaker 2: Okay, Tessa.
Speaker 1: That means your high score went to Joe the Bro or Kevin Eleven? Right, who got your high score? And I'd like to know what that score is? What were you grading on?
Speaker 2: Was it a Keen point scial?
Speaker 3: So my high score went to Joe the Bro because he gave a lot of information, and I love Kevin Eleven's messaging.
Speaker 2: I thought he liked. He passed the Vibe track, but Joe the Brow I thought was the best one, and he went first. Yeah, that's ours.
Speaker 1: I always kind of look at that. I don't know if that's a bell curve. I don't know what that is.
Speaker 2: But hmm, what about you?
Speaker 1: I gave Joe the Brow an eight okay, I gave Kevin eleven an eight point five.
Speaker 3: Oh interesting, Well, then it comes down to Alex.
Speaker 1: It comes down to Alex the p.
Speaker 2: Who is drunk with power right now? Yeah, a little bit.
Speaker 5: Love.
Speaker 2: Rube's not.
Speaker 1: Cuban's been eliminated.
Speaker 2: Joke Bro.
Speaker 1: Got one vote, Kevin eleven got one vote, Alex, how does your high vote like?
Speaker 2: The votes?
Speaker 4: They were both neck and neck in my opinion, but only one of them said the correct name of the song.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna have to give that to Kevin.
Speaker 5: What my name?
Speaker 1: I am to be honest with you, Getting this song title wrong is probably what's the point five for me? It was the point five for me.
Speaker 2: Not a big mistake, but it is kind of a big mistake. Kevin eleven is your winner today on Hit the Post.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Kevin, Way to go, dude. You pulled it off. Kevin eleven, would you tell him what he's won?
Speaker 2: Kevin eleven, I'm.
Speaker 3: Gonna give you a pair of tickets to see the band you're introducing. Highly Suspect is going to play by Using Center this Friday night.
Speaker 2: You're going to the show.
Speaker 1: Congrats, Hie. All right, dude, well done. All three contestants. No one sinks the putt, no one hits the post.
Speaker 2: But Kevin eleven did it best?
Speaker 17: You hand ahead and take show them at TJ name yours on, you ho mornings On, go out and cherish your new.
Speaker 11: Fame, Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative and the rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 2: Us by your own Too Much Meat.
Speaker 1: I will never ever ninety four to five buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show. I will never hear that song for the rest of my existence. When Highly Suspect My Name is Human is playing in the intro in my head, I will hear too much Meat. That was Ruben's not Cuban, Right, Ruben's not Cuban.
Speaker 2: That was funny, funniest one he I didn't win.
Speaker 1: As a matter of fact, he was the first one to get ousted. When it came time to the judging of read my Lips but he was the funniest one for sure. I think he got the biggest laugh this morning, better than anything that I said. One hundred percent chance of rain today, mostly cloudy, highs of around seventy seven. All right, I mean what else can we say that hasn't been said? Okay, I'll go somewhere with this election day, so you know we can sit here and boria. You guys all know what's going on, the question is I think I know where you guys would vote. But for real, should election day be a federal holiday?
Speaker 2: Yes? I know you want another day off work, Yes I do.
Speaker 1: But with early voting, do we need to have this day off if you want to note to before you make your vote, which you've already said yes. In twenty twenty sixty two point eight percent of the voting age population in the US voted. It's a lot of people. Okay, over half of the people that can vote. Did that should work give you the day off to go vote today?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: In a national poll, seventy percent of Americans said yeah, it is a good IDEA fifteen percent said no. Another fifteen percent said they're not sure. I think with early voting, I don't think it's gonna happen. I don't If you're gonna give us a day off, give us the day off to the super Bowl.
Speaker 2: Off, not today, give us both. Because I voted early?
Speaker 1: Oh did I mention that on the show today?
Speaker 5: Only once?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 1: I breathed, breathed in, breezed out. Did my thing better than everybody voted early? It was awesome? All right? Is there anything else?
Speaker 2: Can we just no? That's really sad start. It's election day in America. Poles have started to open across the country. Chilely asked for tomorrow.
Speaker 1: As a matter of fact, Chilli asked for the rest of the week off. He's said he's stressing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, get out of here, take your day, dude. You deserve it. Oh, totally deserve it.
Speaker 1: Is he even voting? He's just stressing over not voting. I don't know what he's doing.
Speaker 2: It's just the atmosphere.
Speaker 1: That's my pole question today.
Speaker 2: I guess I'm in the air. I guess we could cover that. Happy election day.
Speaker 1: Are you voting? Seventy six percent of our audience early voted U thirteen fourteen percent of our audience is voting today and about ten percent not voting at all, all right, what else?
Speaker 3: I have an update on that million dollar scheme that led to the certification of hundreds of unqualified teachers to teach at schools across Texas.
Speaker 1: This is a local story here, Yeah, yeah, it happened.
Speaker 3: It happened here in Houston. In the last of five suspects that were charged and that educational cheating scandal is out on bond. She was arrested yesterday. Tauana Mason turned herself in and then she had a bond hearing in court. She's a former official at the Houston Training and Education Center and she reportedly took payments from Vincent and Grayson, that is the accused ringleader of the scheme to cover it up.
Speaker 2: So really, this is going to be an ongoing story. It did make national headlines.
Speaker 1: How hard does the test to become a teacher? I don't know that you're paying someone to take it for you, or paying somebody to grease you through.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't know how hard it is, but imagine like someone saying.
Speaker 2: Hey, I've got a lock, like, here's the sure thing, you know what I mean? And so you're going.
Speaker 3: To pay somebody you're desperate to get in a job and get being paid.
Speaker 2: I could see how people would do this, Like.
Speaker 1: It's odd to pay for like again, to grease your way into a job that notoriously doesn't pay well.
Speaker 2: Right, you know, well better than no job, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: I guess, but you can't just turn away on this. You know what if doctors, you know, I'd like to know that my doctor didn't pay his way to get his degree.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying, well, it's an extreme, but I.
Speaker 3: Think of another cheating scandal like that Varsity Blue scandal, Like, hey, you want your kid to get into a good university. I've got a lock for you. This is all you have to do. It costs us amount of money. Okay, here you go, boom pay. Some people are willing to make that exchange. And you know, these people got caught for it, and we haven't seen the repercussions of this.
Speaker 2: So that's why I mentioned it again.
Speaker 3: Also, I wanted to mention Elon Musk the one million dollar a day voter sweepstakes that Elon Must Put Political Action Committee Committee is hosting in swing states can continue through today's election. That wasn't rolling from a Pennsylvania judge yesterday. Okay, the judge didn't immediately explain his reasoning, but that was a pretty big story. So I wanted to throw that into headlines.
Speaker 1: And you got to go look at what he's paying for. I got a couple of emails like, how could this be possible. He's not giving people a million dollars to vote for Trump. Everyone knows that Elon Musk is supporting Trump. He's not giving you a million dollars for your vote for a specific candidate. Go look at what he's giving the money to or why he's given the money away. That's why he's able to do it. So it's not for what you think. If you're outraged.
Speaker 3: All right, let's talk about TV. They say we're in a golden age of television. So the Hollywood Reporter figured it was a good time to determine the fifty best TV shows of the twenty first century. So I have the top twenty here in front of me, and number one on the list is mad Men. This is about the Madison Avenue advertisement Men. This aired two thousand and seven to twenty fifteen. Was a very popular show, as is The Sopranos. Because that is the number two spot on this list.
Speaker 2: The sopranos. Then you got Succession.
Speaker 3: That's probably the that's probably the most recent one, right, that's the newest show on this list, probably, Yes.
Speaker 1: I missed those horrible people on Sunday Nights so bad. I missed them Sunday night. They were the worst people ever. I loved them.
Speaker 2: A session on this Game of Thrones not in the top twenty.
Speaker 1: Can I ask is the Wire on there? Every time somebody talks about a series or a box set. Back in the day, the Wire was always way high.
Speaker 2: So The Wire came out in two thousand and two. It aired from two thousand and two to two thousand and eight. It is the number five show y list. That show is revered by people that watched it. I didn't watch any of these things.
Speaker 1: Mad Men is fa It's ever ESPN.
Speaker 3: Thirty for thirty. That's I don't it's more like a documentary style. But that is on this list at number thirteen.
Speaker 1: Don Draper's one of the greatest characters television characters of all time. Like how you talk about Tony Soprano Bruce.
Speaker 3: Estein visited the set of his own biopic Deliver Me from Nowhere. He gave the man playing him Jeremy Allen White a real big hug. It is a very nice moment. It was all captured on camera. Here Bruce Springsteen hugging himself. Day five shooting delivered me from nowhere in New Jersey. You can check that out on the music clug page. Those are Houston's headline.
Speaker 1: I don't think Jeremy ellen White is a method actor because he wasn't acting like Bruce.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like Bruce him Bruce.
Speaker 1: You imagine if Bruce had to meet Bruce ie like Jeremy ellen White was in character wild that's weird. Like Jim Carrey was on Man on the Moon like he thought he he made everybody call him Andy Kaufman on the set, the director and everything.
Speaker 2: All right, what you.
Speaker 4: Got on Monday Night Football, The Chiefs got by the Buccaneers in overtime thirty to twenty four. DeAndre Hopkins caught two touchdowns for the Chiefs in just his second game with the team. Chiefs are now eight to know, one of the league's only undefeated team. The NFL trade deadline is today at three o'clock. Texans could potentially be in the market for receivers, offensive linemen, or safeties. I'll keep you guys posted if anything happens during the show today. In basketball, Rockets got to win last night. They beat the Knicks one O nine to ninety seven. Alpria in Shangon had twenty five points to the night to lead all players in scoring.
Speaker 2: Rockets are now four and through in the year.
Speaker 4: They're gonna have a day off before hosting the Spurs tomorrow night at Toyota Center. In college basketball, the fourth rank U of h Cougar's opened up their season with a win yesterday. They blew out Jacks in State ninety seven to forty four.
Speaker 2: That is what's going on.
Speaker 11: In sports, Hoss alternative.
Speaker 5: And tell them at the Rod Ryan Morning Show ninety four or five the.
Speaker 2: Buzz Okay ninety four five. In the buzz.
Speaker 1: Boy, the food fighters have been whispered quiet. I mean like food fighters have just gone dark.
Speaker 2: Nothing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I still am amazed. Dave Roll one of the biggest rock stars on the planet. I still don't have a picture of him coming out of Costco, him shopping him somewhere, maybe with the family, maybe not. I don't have him. I don't have a photograph of him underground. It's crazy. Is he traveling underground. Is that what he's doing?
Speaker 3: They say, there are underground tunnels for celebrities in LA, but that's like system of tunnels.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they want to be seen.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's what I need to do. I know. Oh absolutely, well they're pictured in the public. Yeah.
Speaker 3: When j Lo was she rode her little bicycle in the hamp to school get ice cream cone and oh my god, I cannot believe you guys are photo like taking pictures of me.
Speaker 2: I'm just trying to get some ice cream on my wife.
Speaker 1: Like somebody says, that's different. They don't want to be, you know, in front of the camera, but you're going to eat it?
Speaker 2: Is it? No bou or one of those was very popular plays Like those Kardashians. They call the photographers and they tell them where they're going to be.
Speaker 3: Yes, their outfits are good. Yes, check out this outfit. You think I'm gonna not be photographing this?
Speaker 2: Has anybody got a picture of Dave Roll coming out of Costco?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: Nothing, No public's I don't know where you Where does Dave Roll grocery shop?
Speaker 2: You should go to church?
Speaker 1: Oh okay, Dave Roll in the pews in the confessional.
Speaker 2: There's a confession joke in.
Speaker 1: There somewhere somewhere, one chance of ring, mostly cloudy highs of around seventy nine, nothing but wire.
Speaker 2: Emails coming in.
Speaker 1: Rod, you gotta watch the Wire, the Wire.
Speaker 2: I listen.
Speaker 1: I know O Stranger Bell. I never watched it, but I heard how great it is. I knew that it was going to be on your list. What Tessa was talking about is the fifty best television shows of the twenty first century. So the last twenty four years, mad Men best show according to this list.
Speaker 2: Okay, according to this list.
Speaker 3: Who pot I believe it was not ranker Hollywood reporter.
Speaker 1: I believe. Okay, yeah, yeah, So I don't have a problem with that. Alex, you don't have mad You watched mad Men, but you don't have that as you're number one. You're a Sopranos guy, or you're a you're a Breaking Bad Guy Sopranos. But okay, here's something else that we can talk about. Better Call Saul, which is a spin off of Breaking Bad in at seven, Breaking Bad in at number sixteen. I've been told by two different people, Better Call Saul is better than Breaking Bad? Is that possible?
Speaker 2: It is up to par with Breaking Bad. I would say it's not better than Breaking Bad.
Speaker 1: Okay, what's the best team. What's the best television show for you in the past twenty four years? What's number one? Sopranos, what's number two?
Speaker 2: Breaking Bad?
Speaker 1: What's number three? It would have to be better called Saul if it's almost as good, right, not telling you what to do, but it would almost have to be three. Then I'm trying. Yeah, Okay, I.
Speaker 4: Mean I would I always say The Office, but I feel like this isn't in that discussion.
Speaker 2: You know, Yeah, these are all more serious.
Speaker 1: It's a TV show, it, you know, I mean it could be bo Jack Horseman, which is a cartoon, is in there?
Speaker 4: Heck yeah, I've bad that's funny? Is that it's funny? There's no would and say it's like the best thing ever.
Speaker 3: But there's no Simpsons, there's no South Park, no, no Family Guy, no.
Speaker 1: And what is not on the list for me is Game of Thrones. I just cannot believe you would leave that off. You don't have to love it. You could be bit you could be bitching about the ending to not put Game of Thrones in the top twenty. That just seems like you're doing that on purpose. That's like putting out a list of the best rung songs and not putting smells like smells like teens. Oh we're not eve gonna put that on the list.
Speaker 2: Snub.
Speaker 1: It's an absolute snub, and it's on purpose snub, just just to piss me off.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and no Real Housewives. I feel the same way.
Speaker 3: That, not even one franchise, not even Beverly Hills or Orange County nothing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, these are.
Speaker 2: Yes, not on the snubs. I don't know if these dubs. I'm just like you, right, I feel snubs.
Speaker 1: Okay, Breaking bad so low on the list.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know how that worked like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thirty Rock in at four, So if you were looking for a show, I'm not saying it's like the Office, but it would be in that folder.
Speaker 4: Comedy used to be Office in thirty Rock with like the Thursday Night Blog.
Speaker 2: Okay, so office I put Office. Yeah, Office would be.
Speaker 4: Right after breaking bed to me, no break above better Class, Yes, okay, interesting. I liked Better Call saw a lot. I just didn't like Breaking Badge, Like, holy crap, what is this? And then it's just more of that.
Speaker 1: It's well documented. My embarrassment of watching every episode of Girls.
Speaker 2: Yeah you like that show? I didn't, Yes you did.
Speaker 1: I hate watched this stuck with.
Speaker 2: It yet it Girls?
Speaker 1: Give it at number eight. Marnie, no euphoria on the list. I hate watch that too. Sure, all right, if you know the list is up, there's a whole thing you can go. There's the reasoning behind it, and you know they're supporting Worth, their decisions are That's all on links and guests a chance at one thousand bucks ninety four to five in the buzz. Welcome back Rod Ryan's show. All right, let's go hi Alex.
Speaker 14: Hello, it's Alex online ninety four five.
Speaker 1: Alright, what you got over there?
Speaker 2: Wells called pizza to the polls.
Speaker 4: Oh, a lot of people out there voting, a lot of people saying there's long lines.
Speaker 2: Well, now you can send pizza to the polls.
Speaker 4: You don't have to send pizza yourself. You just have to take a picture of.
Speaker 2: Like a long line at a poll, say where that pole line or the polling location is, and someone from this website will be like, hey, okay, I can donate some for this.
Speaker 4: You can also donate if you would like to donate to the pizzas. But you don't have to spend any.
Speaker 14: Of your money.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So like if you are like you can help yourself out.
Speaker 4: Like, if you're stuck in line, go to Today's aol the World, finish Rodwayne showpages buzz dot com, upload a picture of the line, say where it is, Say your.
Speaker 2: Polling roll, like are you other? Are you just voting? Are you a poll worker or anything like.
Speaker 4: That, and then just hit submit and they'll send some of these send the pizza to the poles. Yeah, this was good way to help you or your friends today while you're.
Speaker 2: Killing time at the polls.
Speaker 1: So it was Andrea that sent this to me. She says she works at a nonpartisan nonprofit whose mission is to increase voter turnout. And uh, she just gave me like some fun facts, and I thought that was a really cool one that if I think it's got to be an hour or more, okay, yeah, to qualify me.
Speaker 4: But you can submit anyway and you post how long the wait is. Then they go they kind of verify it, they'll look at it, and then they'll send the pizza.
Speaker 1: It's cool.
Speaker 2: Some people is pretty awesome stuff.
Speaker 4: So sin some pizza to the polls and will finish Rodryan Show page at the Buzz dot Com.
Speaker 2: The Ryan Show celebrating twenty years ninety four, The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five The Buzz That's Green Day and Dilemma. Rod Ryan Show. Happy Election Day, everybody. Eight percent of Americans are attending an election watch party?
Speaker 2: Go to a Why did we go to a watch party tonight? Oh? Come on, you know like a rager. I don't think I'll even be watching any of this. I'll look about it at seven pm last week.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, you're so you went to better early so you can stay up late tonight. For real, Alex, you will not have any of this on at all.
Speaker 2: It's I mean, it's okay, but we did not. If my wife has it on, then I will probably be around there and I might keep at it.
Speaker 1: But does she tend to have that stuff on ever?
Speaker 2: Probably for election she will.
Speaker 4: But I'm I'm planning on playing Xbox tonight, okay, tuning into bowling green and Miami Ohio college football.
Speaker 2: I downplay this stuff.
Speaker 1: I downplay this stuff all the time, but I do out myself saying that I keep an eye on it more than I let on. There's no way I won't have that onto my house.
Speaker 2: I just don't want.
Speaker 3: I'm so, you're not going to know the results tonight, so you might as well go to sleep.
Speaker 1: I agree with you on that. I agree with you on that, And I'm with the thirty eight percent of Americans that think it's unlikely we will know who won the presidential election within twenty four hours of the polls closing, So that means not tonight, and not even when they close the polls at seven, that means twenty four hours. Thirty eight percent of Americans think it's unlikely. I don't know how it's gonna happ I don't know how it's gonna happen. I know it took a couple of days for Biden. Wasn't it a couple of days? It was three day days, four days day. Okay, so it sticks the January there, so okay, yeah, I'll have it on. I'm not going to a watch party.
Speaker 4: It feels like the NFL Draft to me, where like I get it, like people are stoked about the NFL draft, people that love watching the NFL Draft, But realistically you could just tune in the next day and like, oh, this is who this guy got, this is who this person got this who this guy got like you could tune into.
Speaker 1: Borrow back want a watch party because it's not fun. A watch party is not all inclusive. It's one sided, and if you're not on that side, you don't want to be at that party. That's what I'm saying. Like a watch party, it's one thing to go to the Super Bowl. Chances are your team is not in it, like Alex, your team won't be in it, so you can just kind of go to your enjoy it. Mine won't be in it either, So you can go to a watch party and still enjoy the game.
Speaker 2: Is that like a third Like I don't think you enjoy watch party we could go to.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't think you just enjoy tonight, you know, like it's I don't think it's like your watch parties aren't all inclusive.
Speaker 8: I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't imagine them being inclusive. I don't want to be around people that are that into it to have a watch party.
Speaker 2: That's absolutely what it is, like it does.
Speaker 4: Politics and sports are similar but so different in so many ways where it's like, all right, well you just like talking about a team.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I watched party, so I second draft that sounds like the most miserable watching party ever. That's something I want to do by myself. I absolutely do, all right?
Speaker 2: What else?
Speaker 1: What else? I talked about the baby trend name. It was like naming your daughter after your best friend's father. My best friend's dad is the hot new baby trend for girls. And I think I even use John as an example. How can to name a girl John? Maybe your best friends like London John John. What I'm saying is the trend is the first name. And then people were saying, well, you know, Patrick, my dad's name. You could go Patricia. No, you're you're missing the point. What they're doing is using the actual name of your best friend's father, and that's what they're naming their daughters.
Speaker 3: If they're if their name's too hardcore, like John, you gotta you gotta bend the rules.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, Land John. Does this help?
Speaker 1: When you look at the bill in Air index, you can look up who's a billionaire?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: The most popular name for billionaires John?
Speaker 2: There you go, yep, Weles because they're men.
Speaker 1: It's the top money making boy baby name out there. John, followed by David Thomas and Michael. They're like where's the chicks. Well, I don't have the chicks, and I.
Speaker 2: Knew it's not a ton.
Speaker 1: They just didn't put together They didn't put together a similar similar list for female boy I don't think the list.
Speaker 2: Is that long compared to the guys. So it's like the stats wouldn't.
Speaker 1: Be there's two thousand eight there's two thy eight hundred billionaires in the world, about twelve percent of them are women.
Speaker 3: So we'll just change our names. And that's how we fix the wage gas.
Speaker 1: So maybe go with the go with the other index we were doing.
Speaker 3: It's how you break the glass sleealing ceiling, you go around it.
Speaker 1: Name your daughter John uh the top money making boy names John David Thomas, Michael Wang comes in at five.
Speaker 2: A lot of Chinese billionaires out there are The.
Speaker 5: Rod Ryan Show Mornings on ninety four five.
Speaker 1: The Buzz ninety four or five, The Buzz three days, Grace and Never too Late Rob Ryan's Show ninety thirty five On this Tattooesday number one link today no more store link. We we shut down the store yesterday, but we had some high bidders for those auction items and we made over three thousand dollars Astley with an Eye got the jacket for two grand and just Leslie because I didn't ask her if I could say her name on the air. But Leslie got the twentieth anniversary custom rapt acoustic guitar for one three d and forty dollars.
Speaker 2: That's like found money, guys.
Speaker 1: That's gonna go to Dy Anderson. So it was a great season of boobs Rock fundraising. I want to thank you guys for helping us out. And I know we're always coming at you wanting money and wanting you to get involved in some of this stuff that we're passionate about, and we roll right from backpacks into boobs Rock sometimes and it's like sometimes it's NonStop for a little bit there. But I appreciate you guys and all the support all the years. I don't know how much we've made for boobs Rock yet, but.
Speaker 2: I know we did good this year, So thank you.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 2: I hated hearing this.
Speaker 1: No names, Rod, Let's keep this anonymous. I don't want her to be embarrassed anymore, Brother, Rod, same exact call that you told us about a few weeks ago, guy posing as a police officer threatening you with coming down to the office coming down to the station because of you missed jury duty and they had assigned I guess a certified letter that said that I would be there, and I went through this whole thing where I told you guys, I was on the phone with this guy posing as a police officer. He was so unbelievably convincing that someone that I feel like I'm kind of I'm cautious. I'm a cautious person. I stayed on the phone with this guy for a solid ten minutes, yeah, and then realized that this has got to be a scam. Back to his email. They got my widowed mom today for fifteen hundred dollars. I really wish I would have told her your story that you took the time to discuss on your show. It's probably a good thing to say it again so people can spread the word to their loved ones. Those scammers, they put up a real convincing act and are still at it. The more people that know about it, the less people they can take advantage of. I sure hope they get caught. We happen to be up in Montgomery County. Love the show. Congrats on twenty years. So what he's talking about and I'm so sorry that your mom got scammed out of fifteen hundred dollars.
Speaker 2: That sucks.
Speaker 1: The guy was posing as a constable and he gave me a real name, and he talked sternly to me and said, we have we have a copy of a not a warrant, but a copy of jury duty summons that use must have signed for. I'm like, man, I don't remember signing for something, but then you know you're moving along in your life. I'm like, maybe I did sign for something. Uh, And I'm going around and around with this guy. At first, I didn't believe him at all. I'm like, listen, dude, what's your pitch?
Speaker 2: Okay, what do you got?
Speaker 1: What do you got on me? How much do you want?
Speaker 2: How much?
Speaker 1: What do you need? An Apple I pay card or what do you need?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 1: Because that's what they were trying to get my mom with. My mom asked me. I took her out when I was home last time. She said, what's an Apple pay card? I go, why do you want to know?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 1: You know, because Henry Kville wants one. She thinks she's talking to these people. This guy was very convincing, and he just kept going as skeptical as I was. I stayed on the phone because I thought he was so good. I thought there might be some truth to it. And this went on for about ten minutes and he said, he goes, I'll show you, he goes. I've just texted you a warrant for your arrest.
Speaker 2: Texted you a warrant for your and.
Speaker 1: It was on my phone I could pulled up when I had him on, when I had him on speakerphone, he said it was filled out and it was a it was a warrant and it was Harris County and all that stuff, you know. And that the thing that where I ended the call with the with the guy, and I even had I had a chance. As he was talking to me at him on speakerphone, I looked up the name that I said, tell me your name again, officer, and I looked it up. There was an officer by that name who was a Harris County constable. And I said, this is how I got out of it, and this is what I recommend to you. I said, give me the number at the front desk. I will call and I will ask for you and I'll call you right back. And then I'm willing to settle up with you, but I'm skeptical. I don't believe this to be real. He's like, Sir, if you hang up the phone right now, I'm going to take that as resisting my wishes.
Speaker 2: And you know, he had all he.
Speaker 1: Didn't flutter one time as far as like the cadence and how he was speaking to me, he really was polished. They got the right guy scamming people. He ended up giving me a phone number, and he goes, Sir, I don't recommend this. The warrant is there. You are risking blah blah blah and all this stuff. I called that number. I hung up with him. I said, I will call you back. I go, I will risk the penalty that you say that's going to happen with me call with me hanging up on you, I will call you at your desk and then we can continue this conversation. He gave me a bogus number. I texted him back, f you don't ever call me again.
Speaker 2: That was it.
Speaker 1: So it was a scam this guy's mom got. He never asked me for money. In the ten minutes that I was on he wanted me to come down there. That was where he was going I imagine the next thing was you could avoid coming down here by sending this and he he just helps. He just didn't get to that point with me. But now this guy's mom fifteen hundred dollars. Guys, you gotta be vigilant.
Speaker 2: You gotta be vigilant. I'm sorry to hear that she got scammed.
Speaker 1: So I think that just me telling that story right now again, I think it's gonna help somebody out. It's gonna help somebody out, because that's a big scame. You can look up the scam and Harris County is talking about it. They will never text you warrant for your arrest. Okay, they won't do that. Okay, they're not gonna call you and do all those types of things, all right. I hate to hear that. My mom's old and she's vulnerable, and she's so smart, and she thinks she's talking to Henry Kville on Facebook messenger. Mom, you got to stop that, you gotta stop me, and she just won't. She thinks it's him Tom Hardy, another one I think she said she's talking to.
Speaker 2: There's a special kind of hell for people that take advantage of.
Speaker 1: The old people.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, I want to.
Speaker 1: I would. I would punch you in the face, and I just wouldn't get tired of punching you in the face. Taking advantage of old people. What are you giving away? I know the show?
Speaker 3: Sorry, oh I have left. Let's see a four pack of tickets too. The twenty twenty four Nutcracker Market happening November fourteenth through seventeenth at NRG. Hundreds of merchants offering items for everyone. Homecourt gifts, food, apparel, toys, They have it all and you can get your tickets on ticketmaster dot com. But we got a four package the show.
Speaker 1: Okay, don't go anywhere.
Speaker 2: We'll have a question on the flip of this Brake Rock and Alternative, The.
Speaker 5: Rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten.
Speaker 1: Am, sporting brod Ryan's show Man. So many of you have gone through what I've been through with that scam where you get the phone call from the officer saying that you got to that you signed a certified letter saying that you would be at jury duty, and then they end up wanting money from you, and they're very convincing sounding. So many emails coming in. Oh my god, Rod, the exact same thing happened to me, Oh my god, the same thing, same thing, same thing. Everybody was smart. Everybody was smart about it that I'm hearing from. That's why I brought it. I re brought it up because we had a listener say that his mom got taken for fifteen hundred bucks. Rod, thanks for sharing about the warrant scam. My wife and I are both in law enforcement and we deal with this all the time. These a holes can be relentless. They sound very convincing and like you said, be vigilant, ask a lot of questions. We will never as an officer, we will never call you. We will just show up at your house and take you to jail. Love the show, keep up the awesome work, have a great day. He's like, listen, what's show up and take you to jail?
Speaker 2: Like they don't want you to know they're coming with a warrant? Is not the whole bit?
Speaker 1: Yeah, hey, here it is.
Speaker 2: Give us your rent warning.
Speaker 1: He texted me the warrant for my arrest.
Speaker 2: All right, convenient modern day.
Speaker 1: All right, let's go a four pack of tickets to the twenty twenty four Nutcracker Market.
Speaker 2: The premiere holiday event of the season.
Speaker 1: Some are calling it, Yeah, November fourteenth through the seventeenth that Energy Center. Let's go, what's your question going to be?
Speaker 3: What did not the Cuban Rubens say after he played hit the Post?
Speaker 2: He had a quotable quote said it during Yeah, it was like during his segment, I was hoping he was going to incorporate that into his Okay, Ruben's not Cuban? All right?
Speaker 1: What did Ruben the Cuban say? That made us all laugh? Seven? Hey, Alexa, play ninety four point five of the Buzz on iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Getting bus station from iHeartRadio.
Speaker 16: The Ron Bryant Show every morning six to ten on ninety four five The Buzz.
Speaker 1: By the Buzz, Alex p with the drop, Yeah where you found I don't even remember that?
Speaker 2: Gotta be sexy and you have vote.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's something very sexy about voting perfect drop for that song. Today. Hey guys, I hope you're off to a great start to your day. It looks like the worst of.
Speaker 2: The rain is over, Thank god.
Speaker 1: Okay, I mean it was.
Speaker 2: It was pretty bad out there. The worst of it wasn't over.
Speaker 1: Let's see as much as a thirty percent chance moving forward. But that's not most of the evening, so it's low chances the rest of the evening. Okay, so the worst of the rain is over for us. That's good news. We do got to give away something before we get out of here.
Speaker 14: It's now time for Know this Show on ninety four five.
Speaker 1: But again that's good news for somebody. Be Arlene Arlene, Good morning, Arle. Hello, oh hi, Hi, this is Arlene Arlene. Welcome to the show. How are you today?
Speaker 2: I'm doing great.
Speaker 1: This is called Know the Show. Tessa has a question for.
Speaker 5: You, Arlie.
Speaker 2: We played Hit the Post today. It was it was a fun game. But Ruby the Cuban, he had a quotable quote during his little set there. What did he say? I think Kay said extra meat on the bone.
Speaker 1: Hmmm, No, I mean okay, I'm going to take one more. I'm gonna see if somebody can don't go anywhere, Arlene, anywhere? Mary, good morning, Hey, good morning, Hi Mary, welcome to Know the Show. Go ahead, ask her your question. I'm gonna see if she.
Speaker 3: Mary, what a quotable quote did Reuben not the Cubans say during Hit the Post?
Speaker 2: Too much meat?
Speaker 1: Did he say too much?
Speaker 2: Me? He said a lot of meat, A lot of meat. Yeah, a lot of said that.
Speaker 1: All right, Arlene was close.
Speaker 2: Arlene, you got it. Nobody knows. I guess it wasn't that quotable.
Speaker 3: But you do get four tickets to the twenty twenty four Nutcracker Market.
Speaker 2: Have fun and you you kind of know the show.
Speaker 8: Trying.
Speaker 4: That's a lot of meat, he said, A lot of meat on that bone, A lot of meat on that bone.
Speaker 2: I wrote down, Yeah, I wrote down a lot of meat.
Speaker 1: On that Yeah, yeah, a lot of meat on that Okay, all right, Arlene, thank you. Mary was closing, it was like, yeah, ground up. Know the show turned into Closest to the Pin.
Speaker 3: Fine, Tuesday, we have three more chances to make it better.
Speaker 1: Oh, we haven't played Closest to the Pin in a long time.
Speaker 2: That's fine, but.
Speaker 1: We don't have time tomorrow. It's spice, Arlene, hang on for me. Great job today, kind of not really okay, I don't know. I just I just said it.
Speaker 2: Did your best? Did you are?
Speaker 1: We We are doing pumpkin spice prices right tomorrow.
Speaker 2: So have you talked to the hype man Alex? I have not. Have you talked to that? I haven't texted him all week?
Speaker 1: Is chili coming in to borrow. We need him to do what Chili does too. He I mean, he's an important part of the show. He said that he was very stressed out.
Speaker 2: Chili, will you call the hype man.
Speaker 1: He's taking care of our lee.
Speaker 2: He's busy guy. He's stressed.
Speaker 1: He asked for the rest of the week off. As a matter of fact, I just.
Speaker 2: Give it to him.
Speaker 1: Scott Bird the Birdman is back. Scotty knows he's back in our lives. He beat Fresh Michael. He's gonna try to avoid becoming a one pump jump tomorrow, fresh out of bed, head to head wonder, Scott the Birdman is going to stay up all night. Maybe he's got a watch party to go to.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, sure, please please a bird watch party. Hit the Post I thought was great. It's just it was.
Speaker 1: Long, meaning the the intro of the song was long. Everybody laid up short on it. But it still was fun. It still was really, really fun. Thank you for taking our poll question this morning. Most of you went on and early voted congratulations. Whole question will stay up on the X. At Rod Ryan's show, The Best TV Show list Man, everybody said we got to watch the wire. Everyone said, we got it, like, that's the one that all of us missed. I think everything on that list, one of us has at least watched something, and the wire is the one thing that got away from all of us.
Speaker 2: And people were mad about yellows so not beaving enough fun. Oh I saw that. Yeah right.
Speaker 1: I know you're like it's hot right now, but is it? Is it like in the past twenty four years? Is it worthy of being a top ten shion.
Speaker 2: That would be Sopranos?
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, Wild Card Wednesday tomorrow. Pumpkin's spice price is right, the sweeping sensation that's sweeping the nation. I hope the.
Speaker 2: Meeting we're gonna play that at seven to twenty. So if you have a meeting, I sure to god. Jeremy's Jeremy's up next. He's got the non stop Nooner.
Speaker 1: Go vote everybody at rod Ryan Show on All Socials, h test us on Houston Life at one o'clock, and I don't know if we're supposed to talk about it, but I'm going to say something. Caro Lee was let go yesterday. Yep, not for doing anything wrong.
Speaker 2: Nope.
Speaker 1: Carolee is awesome. Carroly was awesome. Carolyn is awesome. She filled in on this show a bunch of times. She was just a casualty of what's going on everywhere. And it has nothing to do with any administration or anything at all. But my company right now is looking for ways to cut back and save money. So a bunch of people got slashed and hacked. Showbiz down the Hall is another guy that got let go, and I want to reach out to him. I saw car Lee's post on Instagram and I told her that.
Speaker 2: She's great, and she's so good that she's going to land on her feet and.
Speaker 1: She will not be out of the gig. She will not be out of a gig for a long time. She's just too good. So again, it's just all companies are doing this. They're looking to waste the save money. And unfortunately, Carrie twenty two years here, longer than me, longer than me. So love you, Caro Lee, and I think you're gonna find something quick. And I was really sad to hear that news. Everybody was sad to hear that news yesterday. Okay, that's it, guys, have a great day. We're on a twenty hour break. Don't let this election stuff ruin your life. Okay, just we're gonna be fine. I'm just gonna leave you with that. We're going to be fine.
Speaker 2: AMF Do you understand?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 2: Wasn't that fun?
Speaker 13: If you missed any of the show today, All the Good Stuff Will Be podcast, check it out on the world famous Ron Ryan showpage at the buzz dot com.