Speaker 1: Uncensored, unfiltered, un hinged.
Speaker 2: It's a Corell Cast.
Speaker 1: Listen daily on your favorite streaming service.
Speaker 3: Hello everyone, it is the Correll Cast. I am Carell.
Speaker 4: Happy Christmas Eve to you. I hope you're gonna have a joyous Christmas, even Christmas Day, even if you're by yourself. Make it work, baby. So this is it tomorrow Christmas. Is could put in a week. It's twenty twenty four, is could put?
Speaker 3: What a year we got?
Speaker 4: Donald Trump finally acknowledging that Elon Musk is more popular as president than he is, and what a great piece of psychological warfare to pit those two against each other.
Speaker 3: That was brilliant, good for the Democrats.
Speaker 4: Of course, Trump is now saying he wants to Panama Canal back like he gave it to somebody for a Christmas gifter, so now I want that back.
Speaker 3: Whatever.
Speaker 4: So a lot of crazy stuff on that crazy train and we'll get to that next year. Terrible story out of Germany, as we mentioned yesterday with you know, it's always horrible around the holidays, but it's never joyous when you're run down by a vehicle when you're out at a market.
Speaker 3: So that's going on. Also just a personal thing.
Speaker 4: Last night or Saturday night, actually went to dinner with Steve and his friends from work, and one of the friends was coughing and then said, oh, I can barely smell the food. I've been sick for the last couple of days. And I thought that, what the frack are you doing sitting at the table. So it's Christmas Eve. If you have plans tonight or tomorrow that include other people and you're remotely sick, stay the frack home, Okay, Do not go.
Speaker 3: Out and spread your germs. What the hell? I'm sure she has COVID.
Speaker 4: And there I was sitting across, but I was not directly across from her. She was this way diagonally, so she was about five feet away.
Speaker 3: Thank god. But keep you ass home. If you're sick, stay home, don't go.
Speaker 4: Oh I've had a cough and I can barely smell for the last few days.
Speaker 3: But Hi, how are you well? Sick? Now? Thank you very much? All right, So what I'm gonna do today? First of all, you know, Daniel Charleston died in April, and I miss him around Christmas. I miss him constantly, but I miss him around Christmas. I talked to his brother. We just found out that another family friend, Toko, an eighty year old next show girl, has passed away, which is just sad. She went to my sixtieth birthday. I liked her, and so that's sad.
Speaker 4: And you know, the music is sad, and so I just want to tell you that, you know, it's okay to be sad around the holidays.
Speaker 3: Okay, it's okay. Here here's a little PSA for you. Good morning everyone.
Speaker 4: I was sitting here having tea out of my lovely old country roses that Daniel Charleston and Steve Cabral gave me.
Speaker 3: Daniel Charleston has now died. It's my first Ristmas without him, and I started crying. Christmas songs are playing and many of them are so depressing. And last night I had a.
Speaker 4: Dream with Andrew in it, and he was mad at me for the first part, which what else is new, But by the end of the dream he kissed me good morning and said hello as he was cleaning.
Speaker 3: Out the refrigerator for some reason. And I just want to tell you the holiday blues are normal. They happen. I used to be the center of so many universes and now it'll just be me and Ember here in Las Vegas on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, I will see Steve.
Speaker 4: And my friend Sean Andaldo. And yeah, I was balling my eyes out just now. I really was, and I thought.
Speaker 3: Holy crap, you're here on Christmas. You're crying, You're alone. You're just tragic. How did this happen? But this passes, and I'm not tragic. And I do have friends and I will see them, and sometimes, especially in this year twenty twenty four, which has been so frigging exhausting, we just need a minute. And it's okay. It's okay if you're sad or blue, but you gotta let it pass. You don't reach for the ketamine, you don't reach for the alcohol. You don't reach for anything that's gonna make it worse, even though it makes you feel better at the time. You reach for a cup of tea and you remember all of those people, and then you carry on and do yoga and go to the park and then take your little dog to the casinos and go see all of the Christmas ornaments and you carry on. Being blue at Christmas is okay. Staying blue at Christmas is not so pick yourself up, have a great day, and merry friggin Christmas. Okay, So on this holiday, on this December twenty fourth, I know many of you may think of the homeless tonight, you know I do. It's like, do they know it's Christmas?
Speaker 4: Do they know it's Christmas time?
Speaker 5: At a Oh?
Speaker 4: And so think a lot about the homeless, as you know. I see them at the park. I just helped a girl get into the shelter. And I remember when then candidate Mitt Romney was running for president and he said, and this is what the Republicans believe, that there are enough safety nets to catch the homeless. That you know, there's enough shelters, enough public programs, and that no one really has to be homeless if.
Speaker 3: They don't want to be. Okay. So when Mitt Romney said this.
Speaker 4: Years ago, I thought, let me go out and ask a few homeless.
Speaker 3: And that's exactly what I did.
Speaker 4: By the way, I weighed much more and I was much less healthy than I am now. So it's going to be fun to see some of this old footage and see how I've changed. But let's go out to the streets of Long Beach again as we did in life and segments, which is coming back to Free Speech TV by the way next year. And let's go out and ask the homeless about safety nets because this is still just as relevant today as it's ever been. You know, it really truly is. So let's go out and talk about it.
Speaker 3: Hey, it's Carol and welcome to life in segments. I've been thinking a lot about dumpsters recently. I know that sounds odd, but I really truly have been. You see, I've actually eaten out of one before when I was homeless. It was a McDonald's dumpster, and the food was all wrapped, but it was a dumpster.
Speaker 2: Nonetheless, each and every day out here in my alley, I.
Speaker 3: See a lot of people coming through and cleaning out these dumpsters of cans and bottles. Why because they're desperate for money and that's their safety net. Now I'm really worried because back in the last elections, Republicans said that these people the poorest of the poor, that they have a safety net, that they don't really need the public services, that they're all just really lazy. Well, I kind of know the other side of that story because I've been there. So I thought, instead of just talking about them or at them one of our segments today on Life and Segments, and go out and actually talk to the homeless and see what they think of the safety net and what would really truly help them.
Speaker 2: Now, I've been very lucky because.
Speaker 6: I can get up, get out of.
Speaker 3: The dumpster and leave this life behind, but so many others can't. So let's go talk to them. Also today we're gonna look at transportation and we're gonna go live on kg A M A ten All on Correl's Life and Segments, whose career seems.
Speaker 2: To have gone literally to the dumbs.
Speaker 3: Who do you think understands the poor? More Democrats are Republicans.
Speaker 2: Doesn't really matter who it cares about the four They care about the election and their money.
Speaker 3: What would give you hope? What could a politician do that would give you hope?
Speaker 2: That would it make you feel like somebody cared?
Speaker 3: Is there anything they could do that would make you feel like they care? Give them a shit about the people?
Speaker 7: To me, they don't sell.
Speaker 3: And in the winter, what about at night there's no is there's no shelter there, the armories don't open or anything.
Speaker 8: You know, they have a wonder selves, but the winder sells why would you want to go take a live in the shelter?
Speaker 3: You can't even take it.
Speaker 8: So here's motherfucker's laying around you smelling leg foot ness. O, come on, it's better out here. Then you have to be inside and then you guys smell the foot nest.
Speaker 3: Right, I don't want to smell foot Now, if you get sick, where do you go?
Speaker 2: You got.
Speaker 3: So you go to VA? How is the VA here on beach?
Speaker 7: And the VA?
Speaker 3: I haven't really okay?
Speaker 8: I mean you know, because okay, I had a drug problem.
Speaker 9: Once upon a time.
Speaker 6: Well who has them?
Speaker 10: Now?
Speaker 8: Every time I go there, they want to tell me, well, we'll put you in a drug program.
Speaker 6: I don't have a drug problem.
Speaker 3: I need your housing, right, I don't need a drug program.
Speaker 2: I need a house.
Speaker 3: The waiting list or the waiting list for housing it.
Speaker 6: Is closed, big closed borrow.
Speaker 3: And how does it open up? Do someone have to die or something? Don't for it to open up? How does it really more or less?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 2: Clothes?
Speaker 8: Well, I'd go down to LA sign up like there's enough not enough funding.
Speaker 3: How do you feel when you hear about there's no money for anything? That you see them spending money on so many other things like war, and there's no mediant upset over some stupid something you can't change, something I can't control, right, you know, So it's no Obama.
Speaker 7: I believe la.
Speaker 3: So you support Obama too, I like it?
Speaker 6: Okay?
Speaker 3: God?
Speaker 2: No, Clinton was the first black president.
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, Yes he was, he was, Yes, he was. This idea of a safety net for the poor. You guys haven't seen it.
Speaker 8: No, there is.
Speaker 7: No we being homeles for about saving years, seven years.
Speaker 3: I was only homeless for a year. Seven It's a long time. Do you feel there's a safety net, anything to catch you, anything to help you there? There ain't no money there.
Speaker 2: We need more money, We need.
Speaker 3: More shelters, we need places to go. There're gonna be people that will say, how could they be home the seven years? How could they not have found a place or a job or I mean, so, help us understand how it turned into seven years.
Speaker 7: I was a car saler, Okay, I had my own car, my own house, everything.
Speaker 3: But now I came up here, made this girl.
Speaker 7: I had the disability check, we had rooms and shit, right, I had my own stuff going on. But now it been so long since I had my chick we had to do what we had to do.
Speaker 4: Want to support the Correl cast, then like and subscribe the YouTube videos at the really Correl channel. Just go to YouTube dot com forward slash really Correl, that's kr el and subscribe to the most exciting YouTube stream available today.
Speaker 1: If you're not visiting really corell dot com daily, you're missing out. Get the podcast videos and the blug including recipes at reallycorrel dot com.
Speaker 3: Hey, good morning.
Speaker 4: I'm a voting member of sag After and this year I am on the sag After Nominating Committee as well as the Gallica Dorian Awards for Film and also Grammy and so welcome to Screener Season A to Z first in the actor's fyc app is a complete unknown.
Speaker 3: That's what it is. You can see it right there behind me. Looks like Bob Dylan. So how was the film?
Speaker 4: Well, Timothy Chamaley convinced me he was Bob Dylan. I didn't really like Bob Dylan growing up. I wasn't a folk music kind of guy, but I can certainly respect the lyrics and the movement and Joan Bias and all the others and Bob Dylan. Thank you for all your great songs. Like Blowing in the Wind and such after Timothy Shamalay very good performance will be up for nominations. I'm sure I still am not comfortable with his shirt off because he looks twelve years old, smoking and acting like a grown but looking twelve years old. But a really good movie, lots of great supporting roles, and very interesting life of Bob Dylan.
Speaker 2: A very short life of Bob Dylan, meaning.
Speaker 3: They only go up to nineteen sixty five to the electric controversy where Bob Dylan decided to use electric instruments at the Monterey Folk Festival and folk people were throwing things at him and booing him off the stage, and he created quite a controversy. They were purist and didn't want electric rock music to invade their folk music, but Bob Dylan went ahead and did that, and his next album Highway sixty one. I think it was called I'd have to look it up. Please don't kill me for not knowing it. I told you, not really a fan. But that album is considered one of the best rock albums or one of the best folk albums ever made, and Bob Dylan then created the folk rock sound. Very impressive movie, very impressive piece of history. Kudos to Timothy Shamalay, to all the entire cast, and to Bob Dylan for being a protest songwriter, which we could use today. All Right, net will do tomorrow screeners eight to Z every day until I'm done. All Right, all of you know that I like to ride motorcycles still at sixty two.
Speaker 4: In fact, I think I want to look at the canams. You know, they're three wheels. I'd love to take a look at the canams.
Speaker 3: I think Mber would like that.
Speaker 4: But anyway, automatic motorcycles are a thing, and Aprilia made a fabulous bike called the Aprilia Mana that you can still get. They've then discontinued in twenty seventeen. They stopped making them, but they're still out there and they're very affordable, and it just opens up the door for motorcycling as a whole. I am still a big advocate for it. It's less impact on the infrastructure, less insurance. The insurance on my motorcycling, but forty dollars a month. The insurance on a two thousand and one Lexus r X three hundred is one hundred and ninety dollars a month. The gas for that Lexus is seventy dollars a month. I put twelve dollars in every two months on this, you know, on the Piaggio MP three five hundred that I have. So I still am an advocate if you can ride them, which is why I want to look at the can m and there's many seniors sixties and seventies to ride motorcycle. So let's take a look at how and when I fell in love with the Aprillia Mana eight fifty and maybe it'll inspire you, I don't know next year to get on a motorcycle, get on a motor scooter, get out and see the world a different way.
Speaker 2: Okay, today is a busy, busy day.
Speaker 3: The first thing I have to do is take the Mana down to Pagio Custa Mesa and swap it out with a Mana GT. This is the Mana Mana, my Mana a Prillia Mana eight fifty.
Speaker 6: This is Manny the third.
Speaker 2: And I love him very much.
Speaker 3: She went to San Francisco with me, performed like an h three times now to San Francisco going back, performed like an ap absolute Trooper. I've written him in wind in rain. His rain mode was extraordinary in San Francisco, and even now I am going to pop him open. One of the most unique features. I'll put my bag in there, going to put the absolutely fabulous yet to find a flaw with iPad. Yes, the iPad will fit just nicely. As you can see close this up. Got my iPod over here. Of course, I have all the safety gear I have. It's summer out, you know, it's warmer, not as cold, and so instead of leathers now. Alpine Stars has this wonderfulness or the Alpine Star's logo, this wonderful city collection, and it's called the City Collection. This is one of their City Collection jackets. It's so light I can't even tell you how light weight, and it cuts the wind. It's reinforced. There's armor there and then the shoulders and yet uber light weight. It's got a pocket right there. From my iPod, I took the liner. It's great, great jacket City Collection, City Collection from Alpine Stars. I'm wearing their pants as well. You can see these have armor and reinforcement, and I'm wearing Alpine Stars ankle boots as you can see, proper gear because I'm running down the coast of Masa might be on the freeway. Also full face helmet by my friends, my good friends, shoey, showy, shoey, how we want to pronounce it. And that right there, that little cord is for a wonderful thing called the chatterbox, which I don't have on right now because there's no one to talk to, like I'm going by myself. But chatterbox is a Bluetooth communication device which changes your long trips. Okay, I'm down here at Pasio custom mesa corporate tech center where I'm going to be leaving off my mana, well it's not mine, but the mana Manny Junior, as I lovingly refer to him as, and I'm gonna be picking up Justin. This is Justin now. Justin is different from Manny in many ways. Justin is a GT, which means he's got some fairings. He's got a windshield and this here and then little wind protectors here. As y'all know, I ride up and back to San Francisco a lot on my last trip when the winds were blowing. This would have made a huge difference, mainly on my fatigue level. And you know, just going full speed because this is gonna funnel the air over me as opposed to this where it just hits you, you know, square on in the face. So certainly for traveling longer distances and on the freeways, this is gonna make a lot of difference.
Speaker 2: Some people don't like firings, some people do. I think they have a.
Speaker 3: Nice balance here on the Mana. It's not overly done, and yet it still looks pretty nicked, because I like nicked.
Speaker 2: It has an abs system, an anti lock break system. This bike does not.
Speaker 3: This one does not has a lot of you know, I high sighted once, and it's quite possible that the antilock break system.
Speaker 2: Would have prevented me from doing that.
Speaker 3: So had I been on this bike, I probably would not have high sighted because it was user error.
Speaker 2: I'm perfectly fine with that.
Speaker 3: And I hit the brakes too hard, too fast, went over the handlebars.
Speaker 2: This won't let you do that.
Speaker 3: If you do it, it'll actually do its thing and stop you from flying over the handlebars, or at least try to idiot proof it as much as it can.
Speaker 2: They've also changed the dashboard. They've put it up here. It actually has a dashboard.
Speaker 3: They've kept the space, of course, and the signature space.
Speaker 6: Here, which as you see over there, the iPad.
Speaker 3: Will fit in and everything will be transferring the iPad over to here. They've moved this up to here, and they've kept all three transmission modes as well as the manual no clutch still, but it is certainly an upgraded older brother to the Aprilia Mana, which is just mana.
Speaker 2: This is the man of GT and I'm looking forward to him. And he's black and sleeking.
Speaker 3: He matches my side with his jacket that fall that counts, so I'm gonna hop on him.
Speaker 2: And right now.
Speaker 4: I rode down on the freeway on purpose because of the wind. I wanted to see what the comparison. So when I get home, I'll check in with the tape and.
Speaker 3: Tell you how it compared. It was pretty brusty on the way down here. And you know, I had to had to.
Speaker 2: Keep myself up.
Speaker 3: We'll see if this changes that on the on the route home, and I won't tell them that I was going about ninety five to.
Speaker 6: Test the wind.
Speaker 2: Of course, anything that I miss.
Speaker 6: Guys. By the way, my guys Josh down.
Speaker 3: Here had aprilia that always come down and say hi to did I miss any of the high points of the GT.
Speaker 2: I pretty much got it all done well.
Speaker 9: The GT comes with the new adjustable shock that's easy to wait.
Speaker 3: Well here, you better, you better tell us all about this now what I'm alex.
Speaker 9: With with paja Usa And the new GT comes with a really awesome shock that allows you to easily adjust write a pre load.
Speaker 6: Oh for my ass for your.
Speaker 3: If it expands and contracts exactly.
Speaker 9: So this will help you out if you're carrying extra luggage. Ah, yeah, carrying up second passenger. It's going to keep you on the ground absolutely.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's a great feature too. See I didn't even know about that.
Speaker 6: There is a.
Speaker 3: Parking break right there, which is really handy because remember there's no clutch here, so you always want to be sure to put the parking brake on. As I tell everyone, this is the commuter bike. If you don't, I've ridden them all at BMW's all of them. This is the commuter bike. If you commute, you go to and from work, you know, dart on the freeways or all the way up to San Francisco, which is where I commute to work.
Speaker 2: This is the bike to do it all.
Speaker 11: Okay, I probably have helmet hair because I have just ridden a Prilliamana eight fifty GT home and I have to tell you the fairings make a huge, huge difference on the freeway.
Speaker 3: The amount of wind that makes it through to you, the amount of energy you have to exert stay up right and the like is cut down significantly just by this small windshield and these small fairings. This bike is very much like the Cadillac, the town cars of the manas it feels and I don't know how to explain this except that it feels tighter, it feels powerful. There's lots of power with this A fifty. I know that's you know there are other bikes that are on thy eleven hundred. This A fifty has power to spare. There's no fuel slashing. I hate fuel slashing on motorcycles because the gas tank isn't here, it's under the seat back here here. It feels tighter, it looks look at that. It looks incredible. So it's got the looks of a street bike. It certainly has got the looks of any naked street bike out there.
Speaker 6: You know you could.
Speaker 3: It almost looks like a racing bike. And yet it's a commuter bike. And is it ever the space, the mileage anywhere from thirty five to fifty five miles per gallon on this bike. The power, the looks, the ease of use, it is really just twist and go. There's the throttle right there. There's no shifting. You can if you want. Remember, if you really want to shift, you can. When you turn it on, the dashboard comes to life. It lets you know your kickstand is down. It also will let you know that you're in the touring mode.
Speaker 6: Sounds great.
Speaker 3: See touring now you can change that right here where it says gear mode. You can go from.
Speaker 2: Touring to sport, which is geared higher rain.
Speaker 3: And when you do the rain you hear it really gear down. And then there's the fully manual mode that you can enter into as well, and you would shift with that pedal right there.
Speaker 6: Again, no clutch.
Speaker 3: Over here.
Speaker 2: You check your fluids.
Speaker 3: Very easy to do, everything right there in front of you. The only weird thing that people say is this here sort of goes to nowhere.
Speaker 6: That's to vent out your fumes.
Speaker 3: It looks a little odd, but you know, so all in all, I thought the Mana, you know, I really thought the Mana was like you couldn't do any better.
Speaker 2: I thought, Oh, that's my little dog, gam she.
Speaker 3: Wants to see Dad's to us. I thought the Mana was the commuter bike, and I was right. Except now I really am in love with this man of GT. I had one for a few weeks before and didn't really fall in love with it. But now I do. The abs breaks, extra safety, gotta love extra safety, the looks, the styling, the ease of use. I really don't like to shift any longer. I just don't. I'm sorry, I don't. It's not that important to me. Remember always gear up. I'm gonna keep riding. We have to go to them each pre media luncheon within an hour, so I'm gonna get right back on this bike. I'm gonna keep wearing my Alpine Star City collection.
Speaker 2: Done this look good.
Speaker 3: It looks good. I know it looks good, and I'm gonna be safe. However, I'm gonna drive this Manna and give it a good test and keep recording back here let you know how it's working. Hey, Corel here, and I'd like to take a moment to thank all the patrons at Patreon. Your support means the absolute world to me and the show. If you'd like to show your support for the crazy endeavors of the Correll cap, then please go to Patreon dot com forward slash really Corell. That's patreon dot com forward slash, really Corell, and please help get those numbers up by subscribing to the YouTube channel YouTube dot com forward slash really Correl.
Speaker 6: There's so much great free.
Speaker 3: Content there, it's like having a network on your TV, phone or tablet. All social media is really Corel, including threads and Instagram, and don't forget the website that's had it all all along, Really Correl dot com. Without your support, the show simply doesn't work. So please listen on all streaming services, watch and subscribe on YouTube, and support the show through Patreon at patreon dot com forwards last, really Correl, Thanks for almost thirty years of support for the loudest, craziest, most unhinged gay guy and his little dog. And let's keep the party going as long as we can. All right, and welcome back.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 4: I'm having so much fun doing shows this way. I would like this to be the daily type of show I do, where there's segments I introduce them, tell you some news of the day, and then go to a segment. I don't know how I would make that happen in the new year, I really don't, but I'm.
Speaker 3: Liking this, okay.
Speaker 4: So a show that I did on the now defunct KGAMA ten, which means they have no record that I ever did.
Speaker 3: This show.
Speaker 4: Shocked some of my listeners because of my prudishness. You see, I had just gone to the motorcycle conference. You know I love biking. You just saw about the mana look how fat I was too big as a house with a triple process no less stile anyway, So so true though, so a lot of you know that I love motorcycle and motorcycling. So I went to the Long Beach Convention Center back in the day, and there was a cheerleading convention going on at the same time as the motorcycle show. And while the motorcycle show is family friendly and all that, there's a lot of big, gnarly bikers. It's why I go, honey, it's a sausage fest. Men everywhere, and they were getting them a damn good look at these cheerleaders, and I thought, hell to the no, I would not let my daughter.
Speaker 3: And then I thought, am I old or old fashioned? What am I?
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 4: I did that segment and put it to the masses, and this is what the masses had to say.
Speaker 3: What is the girl cast? I am carel so very glad you are joining me. Am I old or just old fashioned? That question presented itself.
Speaker 6: Recently, and I want to hear from you because you know, in this country we.
Speaker 3: Go bonkers bonkers if a child is involved in any kind of sexual anything, if a teacher sleep to the child, if a politician texts a sixteen or seventeen year old girl, I mean we just go crazy. Bernie Ward, former Katego talk show host, looked at pictures of young people and he's in the Hooscow. We go crazy over so knowing this and knowing that we are a country that says eighteen and if you look at anything under eighteen, you're an evil pervert who must be destroyed.
Speaker 6: That is our attitude around here.
Speaker 3: I mean, let's be real, if you look at anything under eighteen, you are an evil pervert.
Speaker 6: That's just the way that is.
Speaker 3: Well, this was right in my face this week as I went to a motorcycle show at a convention center. Now I love the motorcycle show, and the motorcycle show attracts.
Speaker 6: A lot of motorcyclists.
Speaker 3: And while there are all types of motorcyclists, there are, in fact the ones who are the leather wearing twenty five thirty thirty five year old men, some of them single, a lot of them would testosterone. So I go to the motorcycle show and I'm there in the parking lot and there's all these bikes and I think it's just great and fabulous. And I start to walk into the arena and I notice a gaggle of fifteen year old girls in cheerleading outfit, and I wondered what kind of bike did they ride? And here they are tossing each other about out there and doing their thing, and I'm thinking, they.
Speaker 6: Have cheerleaders performing at a motorcycle show.
Speaker 3: So I walk into the motorcycle show and I noticed that right next door, sharing the same lobby, is a regional high school cheerleading championship going on, and there are hundreds hundreds of girls in cheerleading outfits with their hair all done and the tight little outfits. And the first of all cheerleaders, you dress like tramps. I just want to say it. I want to say it out loud cheerleaders tramps, absolute tramps. Have you seen our shirt? Those skirts are oh my god, one wind and you're their gynecologist. I'm like, who wants to see that? And I didn't find a lot of male cheerleaders, although Brian, my producer, wanted to tell me that male cheerleaders, you know, carel, male cheerleader.
Speaker 6: What did you say, Brian? You know, carell, male cheerleaders are.
Speaker 3: Called bottoms, and I'm like, oh really, And then he looked it up and found out they're called bases, which a little different than the bottom. But he is a straight guy. What does he know about a bottom? But anyway, so all of a sudden, I'm noticing these bikers, these bearded you know bikers, were basically drooling at the cheerleaders, and they're talking about them, and they're like making sex innuendo about them.
Speaker 6: And suddenly I got very uncomfortable.
Speaker 3: Me mister progressive, mister liberal, I got very uncomfortable. And we're talking about whether or not I am just old or old fashioned. We're going to play that game, and you're going to be the deciding factor.
Speaker 6: So I need to hear from you.
Speaker 3: At four one, five, eight zero eight zero eight one zero four one five eight zero eight zero eight ten on the web at Correll dot Media.
Speaker 6: Join me on.
Speaker 3: Twitter at the Real Carrel. There's a live U stream of the show. All kinds of ways to consume me. There's a free app, and my older old fashioned Because all of a sudden I got uncomfortable, and then I got a little angry, and I was walking around going who scheduled this? Who on earth would schedule a convention of high school cheerleaders directly next to a motorcycle show?
Speaker 6: Who would do this? I mean, who at the convention center.
Speaker 3: Thought, no, that'll be fine, because I'll tell you right now, the guys were leering.
Speaker 6: They were, And if.
Speaker 3: My daughter would not have gone, oh no, hell to the no, oh hell no, I would have been that father. Like I'm a firm believer in towers. I think the towers are really under you know. I think they get a bad rap. I feel if you have a daughter, you should probably put her in one until she's eighteen, quite frankly, because men are pigs. And here these men are staring and leering, and the girls are walking through the parking lot waving at the bikers as they go by, and I'm thinking that is like dangling meat in front of a lion, and the men were acting like it, and it made me uncomfortable. I was uncomfortable. I was like, you know what, I shouldn't even worry about this. The parents didn't seem worried about it. No one seemed worried about it except me. So was I old or old fashioned? Four one five eight zero eight zero eight one zero four one five eight zero eight zero eight ten? Would you let your teenage daughter in full cheerleader garb? You know? Which is like, isn't that every straight guy's like some isn't this like I saw American.
Speaker 6: Beauty with the dancing bag and everything.
Speaker 3: I mean, isn't this every straight guy's fantasy, some hot little cheerleader David Lee Roth, I mean the whole thing. Would you let your teenage daughter attend a cheerleading competition if you knew that it was next to a motorcycle convention or any such thing where there's going to be lots of guys, you know, like a whatever, a lacrosse whatever, whatever kind of convention there's going on that there's gonna be lots of men at Would you let your teenage.
Speaker 6: Daughter walk right through that crowd.
Speaker 3: If you got to an arena and you saw that there was a you know, thousands of bikes and a biker convention going on, would you let your teenage daughter in a cheerleading outfit just scurry off at fourteen fifteen, sixteen years old?
Speaker 6: Because I'm telling you I would not.
Speaker 3: I would not, because if we're gonna be this society that makes this hoopla over not sexualizing y young children and fourteen fifteen sixteen to the young if we're not, if we're gonna say you can't sexualize them, you can't have sex with them, you can't think of them in sexual ways, then why on earth would we parade these cheerleaders.
Speaker 6: In front of anybody.
Speaker 3: I don't even know why they're allowed to go to the house that way because they just look like, you know, well sex, Am I old or old fashioned? Four one five eight zero eight zero eight one zero four one five eight zero eight zero eight ten. All right, let's go to Cheryl, who is in Sacramento. Cheryl in Sacramento, what do you have to say about this? I think you are correct.
Speaker 12: I don't think you're old or old fashion.
Speaker 3: I think you're just right on with your opinion on it. Let me ask you, would you let your teenage daughter go to a conference, a cheerleading conference if you knew that there was some sort of very adult conference going on next door.
Speaker 7: No, I agree with you.
Speaker 12: That's a hell no.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, when there were kids at the motorcycle show, little kids, it's for families.
Speaker 6: It's not like it's it's not a family event. It is. There were lots of little kids, young kids, families.
Speaker 12: That's true, that's true.
Speaker 7: I guess the typical crowd you would expect that the motorcycle show.
Speaker 12: Was doing what you would typically think they would do, checking out.
Speaker 3: The bikes, right, But believe me, the guys I walked out with were checking out more than bikes.
Speaker 6: I heard their comments, and that's what made me uncomfortable.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't have been uncomfortable at all if I hadn't heard people talking about these.
Speaker 6: Cheerleaders in a very sexual way.
Speaker 3: Thanks to your call, Cheryl Jim, Welcome to the Correll Cast.
Speaker 12: Thank you very much for taking my call, Correl, and it's nice to hear an intelligent voice on the radio there. You are a one hundred percent right, you know, you are definitely not old. You are with the times and right on the market.
Speaker 3: Well, thank you so much, Jim, those are very kind words, and thank you so much for your call.
Speaker 6: You know, I don't want to be approved. I don't.
Speaker 3: I love being a progressive and a liberal and just out there to the left. Call me a socialist. I'll wear it like a badge of ba jiggle when I do that. I wear it like a bad hell wear it like a badge of pride.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 3: I never want to be this old curmudget who's like, oh no, these young girls and this that, and they're.
Speaker 6: Like, I never want to be that person.
Speaker 3: Okay, but I don't want guys, you know, because here's the deal. If one of those guys was inappropriate with one of those girls, he would be arrested, and rightfully so, by the way.
Speaker 6: And yet you're dangling this person right in front of these people. You know, you're dangling them right in front.
Speaker 3: Well it's funny because I did that years ago.
Speaker 4: So now I am old and a little old fashioned with that. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas Eve. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas morning. I hope you get everything you deserve and want, or if you're poor.
Speaker 3: And don't have many.
Speaker 4: You know, I told Steve Cabral yesterday he had a green ceramic Christmas tree on his table that had the little plastic things in that poke into it and you put a light inside and it lights up. I told him one Christmas, that was our Christmas tree. That's how poor my family was. And the presents under it were all Avon because my mother she sold avon and they got free things, you know, samples and things.
Speaker 3: And that was my Christmas.
Speaker 4: And we were in a motel where I slept on the floor and they slept in the bed, and you know what, I was friggin glad to have it.
Speaker 3: I was happy. Maybe not as happy as the kids getting the bikes from the computers, but I was happy because I had my mom, my dad, my dog.
Speaker 4: We were in a hotel room or a motel room, albeit probably with bugs.
Speaker 3: And there still was something. There was something.
Speaker 4: So whatever you have, even if it's almost nothing, just know that it's still something. You see my tree back there, you see it, it's up. It's not latent with presents, but there's a couple. So tomorrow morning I'll have something to open, and I hope you do too. For the rest of the day, I hope you have a sideland night.
Speaker 13: Holdly night, owls come and alis.
Speaker 10: Bread ruddy on fgin my the orangine.
Speaker 14: Holdly, infansochener and mind.
Speaker 13: Sleep beenvly be.
Speaker 5: Sleep been, fly.
Speaker 3: Pe Merry Christmas. I am corel be who you want to be, so long as it doesn't hurt anybody.
Speaker 15: It's broadcasting from a completely different point of view yours.
Speaker 6: Listen daily to.
Speaker 15: The Coral cast on your favorite streaming service. It's broadcasting from a completely different point of view, yours. Listen daily to the coral cast on your favorite streaming service.