Speaker 1: What I'm going Welcome to whatevery Weight's live from sports dot Com. I'm East joined by Christopher Pellatti, Skywalker and Gordo in the building. He has full government. What's your Milliame James, Christopher James.
Speaker 2: I also named James, James, a friendly middle named James.
Speaker 3: What is your What is your real name? Skywalker?
Speaker 2: Clemens Clemens of god Bro. That's a rich asspittle name.
Speaker 3: What's your real first name?
Speaker 4: Then?
Speaker 1: If ye real first Chauncey Clemens. Uh, smash like button b friend to the friend and share this dream. Spinding's at the soccer game tonight, at the d c S game. He'll be chatting to make sure you guys pull up.
Speaker 5: You guys are there?
Speaker 3: Say what up to him? We got a lot of stuff talk about. I want to start real quick, Gordon.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna give you the floor briefly, okay, because we really talk about this team.
Speaker 3: Peoplerobably don't care to talk about this team. But the Tigers are they are. Pride month is their month.
Speaker 2: Those the kiddies are looking pretty.
Speaker 3: Pride Tigers get hot.
Speaker 2: Seriously, though, it's really no no mystery. Why you get a carry Carpenter back you get a labor to his back, and you know, Troy Melton, we've seen two starts from him. Now, this guy can eat innings. Even in days where he gets you know, a little tagged up, like last night where he let up four solo bombs, this offense still took care of business. I mean ten runs in a game. You had Dylan Dingler going four for five. And you know, people looked at me crazy when I said that Dylan Dingler could have a season that you know, somewhat got close to what cal Rawley did last season.
Speaker 3: Guys you went.
Speaker 4: Last year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but if he keeps stacking this up, I mean he's got sixteen home runs right now, he's gonna probably end of the year with you know, over thirty.
Speaker 3: So the sixteen.
Speaker 1: Way through already, I hear I hear like like a video of something playing soon Skywalker, my tripping, my trip both.
Speaker 3: I don't see it. I'm not playing anything.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't think so. But anyways, these Detroit Tigers, other than that man, the pitching is is finally starting to look better. I'm intrigued at what's going on with the whole Tark trade situation. I'm not sure what they're going to do about that. I'm sure that you know, we can get into that.
Speaker 6: That's that I did want to I did want to ask you that quickly, like how how soon before you before you change your tone on that and you go, there's no way, we no way we saw them, Like what do the Tigers have to.
Speaker 3: Do for you to say that I'm there now?
Speaker 2: Yeah, the Tigers literally have to win every series from now on. Basically you're at the point where you lose one, you have to make it up for it with two wins. So year back is against the wall. We've seen the Tigers go on some hot streaks when they've been in this kind of situation too, and I'm really optimistic with the guys that they have, But at the end of the day, we do have to be a little bit realistic. And I don't believe that Scott Harris is absolutely ignoring calls on Tarrek school. I think he's just you know, playing hardball a little bit, trying not to just you know, signal to everybody that it's a it's a fire sale. But at the same time, it does make you you wonder whether or not he's gonna, you know, go for it because all we have is other than his drafting, all we have about his free agency's questions. You know, he really hasn't was nice. Glabor was was a solid signing, you know, even a guy that's into his later years.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I didn't really.
Speaker 1: I mean Fromber's hype is a good picture, but I was in love with it just because the ground balls and not having an infield.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 3: I'm not a big Scott Harris guy.
Speaker 2: No, I haven't been huge on Scott Harris for a long time either. It just never felt like he was the kind of guy that can put his foot down in.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, not only that, but I don't I don't think he's got the cojones to say, like Chris Ilich, I need money to go out and put you know, field of competency. I don't think that he's able to do that. I think at the end of the day, he's just kind of another yes man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he definitely arrived that lunch time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure, for sure. And it's it's disappointing too. Like you had last season the trade deadline, he went out and got six arms. One of them was actually useful in a calfin again.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: And if they are going to buy again at the deadline, the market's looking a lot more. Yeah, it's it's raining again.
Speaker 6: It's my car is inside, it is in a building. It is completely safe.
Speaker 3: My car is good.
Speaker 1: All right, all right, Jonathan Lord says, bullshit, that's a cover up.
Speaker 3: Oh, Neil gave us the truth, Spinny. Did I rs catch up to Spinny? Oh, it's not my information to share it. Could we tax dodge and that's possible. No, No, he didn't dodge. They got him. That's why I heard it.
Speaker 7: Locked up with my dad.
Speaker 3: Was the Skywalkers.
Speaker 2: That's a white collar prism.
Speaker 3: That's white crime. Yeah. Do you have the picture those pictures and slack it all of the Tigers game last night?
Speaker 2: You have skywalker man, they were showing it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this ship was sick.
Speaker 1: It was crazy outside when I go home too. But like just the the Tigers game.
Speaker 2: This isn't even nearly like the best picture that was taken last night. That does not do it.
Speaker 3: The other one.
Speaker 4: I that one.
Speaker 3: That's cool, then that's fine.
Speaker 2: But there was at one point, Yeah, at one point there was a totally blue sky and then you had a massive storm front coming in, and then at another point it was all orange and there was you know, rolling clouds like thunder coming in.
Speaker 1: We were living in a real life Instagram filter. I felt like the way it looked.
Speaker 6: That that that looked like honestly, that looked like the team photo shopping the sky because it was the orange shows like, you know, tigers obviously, so I thought it was AI. I actually got duped by my first AI video today.
Speaker 3: There's no cap cap no cap like a hundred percent. I got up. It is not your first time.
Speaker 6: Though, No, this is the first time, is not. I can't it's the first time when I saw a video and I was like, damn, this is real.
Speaker 3: I promise you, all right, we'll go along with it.
Speaker 6: All right, all right was the video? Sorry we're on all this globle as you.
Speaker 3: But he's like, yeah, this spider was fucking grew to human side.
Speaker 6: No, man, it was just it was just honestly, it was like one of those men on the Street interviews with like.
Speaker 3: Some of those ones are good.
Speaker 6: Yeah, And it just looked it just looked totally real. And then I showed I showed my boy Matt, and he was like this AI. No, it was like, no way, and they point him out. Got stupid shot.
Speaker 2: Honestly, I thought at certain points last night looking back at that score card, I thought I was looking at AI generated image.
Speaker 3: We hit that three one.
Speaker 2: That was fucking oh man. Carry Carpenter also shot out won me uh fifty bucks last night. Had to sprinkle at anytime.
Speaker 3: Character marker.
Speaker 2: That guy put in my gas tank.
Speaker 1: Home boy, Yeah, gorgeous start only fans soon.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it's getting to the point man, you know, I might start stepping on cakes or something. I don't know, whatever, whatever gets the bills paid.
Speaker 3: Is it a thing?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's very specifically.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean you're into the cakes?
Speaker 4: Got me?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you got me right handed?
Speaker 3: You know, I see everywhere lately. Is that the girl from obsession? What's the name Indy something crazy? It's yeah, I think something or what would you?
Speaker 7: I don't, I don't know where to last.
Speaker 8: It's Indie like Navarre, Yeah, Indian never at, never at yeah, Navarre, never at something like that.
Speaker 2: She's she's fine, she's gorgeous.
Speaker 9: She is.
Speaker 2: Do you know that she was a Call of Duty streamer.
Speaker 1: Like a few years ago. Yeah, that was you said, she's old cold, oh was she sick?
Speaker 10: Yeah, Like I saw some her highlights and like she was low key popping off.
Speaker 3: I'm like why, Like I said, man, I probably got a crazy ass pregnant. You know we were any different with me, you know, did you hear? Though?
Speaker 6: She only made twenty thousand dollars off that film?
Speaker 3: That's how many films are though, yeah, you know.
Speaker 6: That makes sense, but it's just like her next one. You see the totality numbers.
Speaker 1: Actually though she Now, I wonder if there's any type of royalty in that though I meant contract.
Speaker 10: I don't think so, but I know, I was like, you guys something, and like the amount of expenses she pays for, like media coverage is probably.
Speaker 7: Exceeding what she got paid for.
Speaker 10: So she's probably losing money on this movie, which granted, like she'll get roles, but right now she's probably losing money.
Speaker 2: You guys are scratching the surface of A twenty four's entire business model.
Speaker 7: A twenty four So yeah.
Speaker 2: Twenty four great movies. Some of them are weird though, Like did you see that one? I think it was called men?
Speaker 3: No, you would watch that?
Speaker 2: That one was wild?
Speaker 3: Not No, that was Mark.
Speaker 2: That was that was like a like a quadruple date that me and all like my friends went and we took our girlfriends and that was Everybody just walked out of that like really weird about the function. Like an hour later it was like weird. Just the whole vibe was off. Everybody ended up going home early.
Speaker 3: There was another a twenty four film.
Speaker 6: I don't know if it was that one, but I heard there was one that a group of my friends who like they walked out on it too.
Speaker 1: Speaking of Mark, we have a comment super chat from Adam. The d s is pimpball Mark.
Speaker 3: I know if hogs O shot that from the Duh.
Speaker 1: Phoenix Sun does is a twenty four sucks' rage bit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's gotta be raged.
Speaker 6: I think I think they're They might be a bit and we'll get to we'll get to Jared Goff, but they might be a bit in the Jared golf can't what are they overrated? Are they underrated because they're they're like HiPE beasts.
Speaker 3: A little bit?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 6: I don't think they're but they have good ones, Like I loved uncut Gems.
Speaker 1: Uncut gyms twenty four is this was Obsession twenty four Obsessions A twenty four Sessions, twenty four money even though what's what's the one's being like with the AI bot ex Makana?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, oh wow, I didn't know it could be.
Speaker 1: I could be wrong. I could be way wrong on that one. Hopefully she's making more money now. I hope she gets some royalties. I'm pretty sure if you're going to all these media, I'm pretty sure you going Jimmy Kimmel.
Speaker 3: They gotta be paying, you know, I'm not just going.
Speaker 2: X macam is directed uh by what's his name, James Garland. I think Alex Garland.
Speaker 6: If you're a new movie star, I feel like you go on Jimmy Kimmel, like, like, dude, Jimmy Kimmel money, like you.
Speaker 2: Do it for why he feels a strong guy dude late night television like I remember, like watching old clips, like it used to be like genuine but yeah you know I am, but like nowadays it's just like Jimmy tough, no bro, they're.
Speaker 3: All Jimmy Fallon's strong take on.
Speaker 2: Jimmy Fallon is an anti social alcoholic. That guy is also a bum, a terrible genuinely all of the Late Night Show talents are terrible, Like it pisses me off when I'm watching. Yeah, no, Conan is good Conan, But is he still I don't know, Yeah exactly. I'm just glad that one fat dude, Like, yeah, I'm so glad that he fell off funk that guy.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, James, I did like the karaoke stuff. I watched those.
Speaker 6: I did have a friend that was actually on his show one time that did the he was doing like the real life tender thing.
Speaker 2: Uh my, your friend and James Cordon. That's crazy, start kidding, start all right.
Speaker 1: I gonna get these ones in real quick. Maybe we'll come back into I don't know. We talked about I should test at a little bit yesterday. It was yesterday, two days ago.
Speaker 3: Get a picture of him that I was sitting there this ship.
Speaker 1: This guy is freezing man crazy, This guy he just does stuff that other humans can't like that. That's I'm not getting human white boy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this might be I too. I don't know. He might be one of the ones we'll see.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 3: I mean that the highlight what he made last year.
Speaker 1: He's gonna take a natural progression just from like knowing the playbook better or just like knowing the NFL better, Like, it's just he could be one of the ones, and I'll probably be the one that looks stupid because I crashed out after the trade. I thought it was a dumb ass trade.
Speaker 6: No, I don't think. I don't think you can. You can be wrong in that unless he makes a big play in a NFC Championship or later game like that, then you'd say, Okay, whatever the cost was justifiable if they got a super Bowl, if it got a touchdown in the NFC Championship. That's what I was saying with j Mo like a while ago, when we were talking about his contract. I was like, it was the twenty twenty three, it was a year of the NFC Championship. I was like, if he gets you a touchdown in NFC Championship game, whatever you pay him, you're good with that. You're good with that cost because that's how tough it is to win in the NFL. I feel like I feel like that's the only way you could justify Isaac teslaw, because when you're looking at from a rational logical standpoint, like you always do, when it comes to just the value the production you're going to get, I'm wholeheartedly with you.
Speaker 3: On that that it was an over that it was an over trade.
Speaker 6: But maybe because it's in a Super Bowl game, then you're like all right, Like.
Speaker 3: But I'm saying I think he could become that production.
Speaker 10: Wise going into his second year. I don't know what kind of production you want from him, like how many yards and how many touchdowns if you want to say catches too, but like what kind of production.
Speaker 3: I'm now like four or five hundred yards I'm cool with.
Speaker 1: Like really just I think I think like it's a fair expectation because you have Amara Laporta for me game o mer Gibbs, like, and we're gonna be a run heavy team.
Speaker 3: Like I just I don't know.
Speaker 1: I have like a super expectations for him statistically. Yeah, that's what I'm saying, Like four or five hundred maybe repeat those six touchdowns, that'd be huge.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: For me, it's like it's like cross that six seven eight touchdown threshold bar Like get there, that's what that's where. That's where to me, he'll be his value because he is somebody that with all the weapons, you have all the mouse to feed in this offense. I just don't see the raw numbers being there. But if this guy gets eight nine touchdout ten touchdowns this season and like because a real valuable red zone target for this team, then yeah he's That's where I think he makes his money or he justifies his worth.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: See Christiakaman here. Real quick though from m pw s is he's he's gonna one eighty on Tesla. I don't think I've done one.
Speaker 1: I've liked the kid, I've liked the player himself. I just hate the trade. That's been my only beef.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just kind of backing off of what Chris said, I'm not really looking at those yards because I don't expect an Isaac Tesla to take the brunt of this offensive uh you know, workload. But I do expect him to be a you know, a red zone merchant, like just he's going to be crucial for this team in those red zone goal line situations where you know, Jared Goff looking for you know, a quick out, looking for you know, a jump ball, just something something quick. And Isaac Tesla has that fast twitch athleticism, has that ability to go up get that thing, has that contested catch, uh you know, prowess. He's shown time and time again. I have a lot of faith in Tesla to up those touchdowns, but not maybe necessarily the bitch.
Speaker 1: I will say this for him too, is like for Golf, I have more trust than after him doing what he did last year. Have another year of that, of having the practices, seen his kid make those crazy throws. It's gonna give me next opportunities too. Rich Ball one of the great points. He can't make a lot of contested catches because he couldn't break away and separate, and that is completely fair. But he's also completely capable of making the catches, so it's like, yeah, I'm fine with that. Kenny Gllade, different story, but he had a phenomenal year here. All he did was contested catches.
Speaker 2: Marvin Jones Junior was at one time the best contested catch, Like, guy, I've ever seen. I mean, dude, you throw on his direction, it doesn't matter, he's coming.
Speaker 3: Down with that Jones Juli, what a pull?
Speaker 2: Yeah that was my guy. I have the jersey, yeah, because it was a Jones Junior on the back, Like, oh, my name's on the back. When we get another cop that bat hear ago, Yeah, yeah, all right, we got hater Skywall alright.
Speaker 1: Alright, alright, let's go break. I think we may be joined by Boone at some point. Yeah, he has a hot take. Maybe a hot take.
Speaker 3: I don't know. We'll see when we get there. But first tell us about Planet Fitness.
Speaker 6: Chris can tell you about Planet Fitness, man. Planet Fitness is home of the judge free zone. That means when you are at Planet Fitness, you are not being judged. Everyone's there for the same thing results and you get those at Planet Fitness. Over twenty seven hundred clubs nation why fifty alone in Metro Detroit, And if you get the Black Card, you have access to the spa where you could recover with hydro massage and other innovative amenities. Bring a guest free anytime, just twenty four to ninety nine a month. We're all strong on this planet with Planet Fitness.
Speaker 11: A ton of fun, a ton of scoring.
Speaker 4: A ton of man throkes.
Speaker 12: Him to the woodward heavyweights Live Daily PM story.
Speaker 13: How do people feel about getting a Planet Fitness membership for fifteen dollars a month? How do they like working out in the spaces gym let's filled with equipment for every workout? And how about fre Fitness training and the judgment free zone that leaves them feeling energize all day long. Joint Planet Fitness Today with the free pf app online or in club and start getting that big fitness energy for fifteen dollars a month.
Speaker 12: We don't like to brag that we are the toughest sports network in Detroit.
Speaker 4: But we do have a guy named Darren McCarty on our.
Speaker 9: Shot Woodward Sports.
Speaker 6: We are excited to announce our newest partners, Founders Brewing and the legendary All Day IPA that marks fifteen year anniversary for All Day IPA and they are doing it big four point seven ABV. It's built to go distance for the entire game. You guys have seen us at the watch parties. Man, we're slamming them down every single Woodward event al sometimes you know, on the Heavyweights on Fridays we kick a few back and it is just great beer man. Every single flavor I recommend. I recommend the water hazards, but we'll get to those later. All day you can't go wrong. Check it out.
Speaker 3: What up to?
Speaker 1: Welcome back to Whatever Weights Live Words sports dot Com. I'm easy you by Christopher Platate.
Speaker 3: What please drink response. But I think I have to say that. You have to say that legally, you have to say that. Yep, come get them, Yeah, come on front. We got him. He's wearing stupid green shirt. He's got this ugly ass strike poll. Shout the Skywalker, shout the Gordo.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, that's how you guys did.
Speaker 3: Me.
Speaker 2: On the phone with tc UH, he's like, yeah, yeah, you look outside. This is dumb ass looking intern stupid white shirt.
Speaker 7: You gotta bring back the V neck dog.
Speaker 3: No, please, people missing it. I can't believe I believe you missed that. I put money on you miss you're walking a you neck? She was nuts. Hey man, three on there likes, I'll wear the next episode.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like pulling the real quick. A couple of super chats shouting the labertine. My guy says the h that was a brave man in the beginning. There's about six people who know my middle name that aren't family. Yeah, Chace, Chaunceys all you guys. But you just got excited because yours the same as his.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, I mean I've so many people have the middle named James.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Hundle likes, I'll tell you my middle name how about that?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 1: Uh, the super chat from Labertine says shot Bogie Time, amish dude rocks.
Speaker 3: Who is that or Boogie Times?
Speaker 9: Chris?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I was.
Speaker 6: I was thinking that was that was a friend of mine because it was some pretty it was some pretty random comments in there.
Speaker 3: Just said Mike Ferry like I don't know, played for the Lions.
Speaker 6: Oh okay, got you got receiver former dB.
Speaker 1: If I'm not mistaken, Okay, Mike Ferry is a legend, all right, shout out. Mike Theory is a legend in this household. Watch you show some damn respect. Respect, Show some respect from Mike Theory. How crazy, man? My uncle had me believing that own sixteen team like they're fucking oh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is already He's like, oh yeah, fucking hey man didn't win a single game. I was at my uncle Fred, I was at my Plati Christmas.
Speaker 6: I was at my Platting family Christmas when we went in sixteen, and it was just crazy. The uncles were just like crashing out, like oh you like they were just what they were just like drinking and yelling at the TV like it was like this.
Speaker 3: This city or this city deserves better. This team sucks. It's embarrassing. Yeah, just crashing out.
Speaker 2: Yeah it contained.
Speaker 1: I mean I lived through it, but I was I was a child at the time, so didn't like expect me the same way. I'm glad I was in a grown man working fucking forty hours a week, and then my Sunday was just.
Speaker 3: This team getting fucking bit over a barrel everywhere.
Speaker 6: I mean, did you go to that job you hate on Monday?
Speaker 1: Yeah, no way, dude. I wonder how high the crime rates were around that time.
Speaker 2: Dude, that that probably played a factor into why it was pretty sure it was brutal and the you know, the two thousands, I don't know them, Knicks fans.
Speaker 1: I mean say it might be too soon as.
Speaker 3: Winning New York's piece of ship.
Speaker 1: To be honest with you, I can't wait. We got a couple of places we could take this one. I did tease Booter coming in here talking about it, but he's not here yet, so I don't know what we want to do with that one.
Speaker 3: We'll start there.
Speaker 1: I saw an article that asked or I'm sorry, that states that Jared Goff is the most underrated quarterback.
Speaker 3: In the National Football League and I think.
Speaker 1: I think I agree, And as much as I'm like looked at as the Golf hater, I think here in this state or this fan base overrated, overrated as fuck, disgustingly overrated.
Speaker 3: Like I just I think some.
Speaker 1: People are just absolutely out of their fucking mind over this guy makes no sense to me, disgustingly overrated. But outside the city of Detroit, outside the Detroit Lions fan base, I.
Speaker 3: Do think he's a little bit underrated, like the fact where like you have Nick right go on TV outright disrespected of calling him.
Speaker 1: A civilians like that, which like he's kind of right, He's kind of right. But I don't know, man, Jared Golf constantly gets shit on outside of Detroit, and he is a good quarterback at the very least. What I think we should all respect on Jared Goff is the consistency, like you know what you're getting, even the bad games, well cold out, I know we're gonna bad game, warm all right, like someone's open. JG's gonna find him. As long as he's clean, as long as his pockets clean, he'll be good.
Speaker 6: Here's here's what I'll say about it, is that I think that when it comes to Jared go being overrated or underrated, I think it comes I think it comes down to the context. And you just can't say that coming off a season where you missed the playoffs, coming off the season before that where you had a poor performance in the playoffs, like I to me, Golf has established himself as a very good upper echelon quarterback. But the only thing left he can prove is in January and February. It is not through September through December anymore. That's like Golf's elevated past that. So to me, I know that all the numbers, he's been top three, top five in a lot of the major categories, but I can't put him as I can't put him in that range or close to it because of the fact that I've seen what I've seen in the playoffs.
Speaker 3: So I think that if if you're.
Speaker 6: Putting them, if the contensus is he's twenty, yeah he's he's underrated. But if it's anywhere from like twelve to or twelve to like eight or seven, I'm good with that range. Like that feels like his range to.
Speaker 3: Me, Yeah, I'm a med that. I'm a med that, And I.
Speaker 6: Feel like that's where most people have him, right.
Speaker 1: I just look at it from like a disrespect standpoint, like when he comes up with the national media conversations from other fan base, like he's like kind of like shit on, and I guess I get it too. Like before Jared Golfer is here, I shun Jared Golf. I'm like, fuck this guy. I'm not worried about this guy at all, but with the right circumstances, and I think he's grown too.
Speaker 5: Super to read.
Speaker 10: Yes, the right circumstances, Yes for trash.
Speaker 3: See, like trash is strong, trash.
Speaker 10: Strong, he's not trash, but like, given the players he has, like we talk about how unbelievable this receiving corps is and like, yeah, he's still throwing picks and ship like.
Speaker 11: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Because he's got no keep going man. I mean, so, do you think he's underrated.
Speaker 10: I think he's properly rated. I think people are like and I said this year ago, we're kind of trying to realize like he is only ever going to be a game manager. That is all he'll ever be and until until he like actually has some success in the playoffs, Like that's all ever beat. You know, and I said last year, we're never gonna win a super Bowl Jared Goff at the.
Speaker 7: Helm, and I still believe that firmly.
Speaker 10: Yeah, just buy picks in the game and then count on your defense to save you and stuff like that, and grant that's regular defense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, tell me fucked up the defense and bail us out.
Speaker 6: What the fuck? Like this is crazy, man, the offensive coordinator drew up bad places in your.
Speaker 3: Defensive bail us out every time I fucked up. Come on, man, it's just nuts to be I think, all right, I might.
Speaker 1: I might be with you then properly rated because you say with you if he's like you're talking anywhere from six to eight, I'm fine with that.
Speaker 10: And like I should on him, but like he's he's a good quarterback. I'd probably say his top ten, Yeah, like towards the back end of ten for sure. Just like when I think about the kind of quarterback I want for my team, like I want a better quarterback than what Jared Goff has to offer. So I should on him satirically, but like, I don't know, he.
Speaker 7: Could be better, he could be better.
Speaker 1: Shot justin Yeah, yeah, it's uh, you need the right pieces around him.
Speaker 3: For the work straight up.
Speaker 2: Well, that's the thing that we do we have.
Speaker 7: I mean, you put anybody in Jared Goff's position.
Speaker 1: I mean, I mean, I think Josh Allen, if Josh Allen had what Jared Goff is coming to work with, I'm around Saint Brown, Jamier Gibbs, Sam Laporta, Jamison. I mean, he's we've one of the fuckers. But maybe every year.
Speaker 10: If we have Josh Allen, we have like a full blown dynasty for out however long Josh Allen plays for us.
Speaker 9: Like, but we.
Speaker 2: Don't have Josh Allen.
Speaker 3: We don't, don't.
Speaker 2: I'm like, I don't like doing this, but.
Speaker 1: It's but we're saying we're seeing like where where he's raided, and Josh Allen's like the cream of the crops.
Speaker 3: So you know, it's a comparison.
Speaker 1: Like everyone call the top five guy and compare him to that guy. It's like, well, that guy's clearly better.
Speaker 2: I get it, Like, yeah, you know when it comes to ranking these quarterbacks, for sure, but like to me, what matters is what's the chance of you winning the Super Bowl? And I think for a guy like Jared Goff, the team around him impacts his chances of winning. Honestly, you know, you know, I'll say this for every quarterback. The team around them impacts their chances of winning, uh, you know, significantly, sure. And that's why Lamar Jackson, that's why Jared Goff, I'm sorry, Josh Allen haven't made it. I haven't won a super Bowl. Now, obviously Jared Goff hasn't won one either, But I would way rather be in Jared Goff's situation than you know, put me in.
Speaker 1: Any quarterback who want to and then Jared Goff situation and we al we've got to work with. But that's the point is like some of it means less, Like Josh Allen has more playoff success than Jared Golf statistically, I believe he has more wins and that's with way less than Jared Goff's. It's like it definitely matters, Like how much does it matter? Depends on how good your quarterback is, like like a great quarterback and make up for a lot of bullshit around him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we were freaking out.
Speaker 2: Boon Yeah, we want to get Booner involved.
Speaker 7: Here, Booner, here we go.
Speaker 3: Turn turn down.
Speaker 5: He's loud, can you guys hear me, Yeah, should I just sit here?
Speaker 7: Get him?
Speaker 3: Get him there?
Speaker 5: I mean, I'm just here to defend. I can stand up.
Speaker 3: So Jared Goff properly rated or underrated? Over it?
Speaker 5: This is this is the conversation like that you guys are having where it's like, yeah, Josh Allen in this position would be great. Josh Allen's also a top three quarterback that has won an m v P. Sure, And the issue I get into with you guys that are gonna sit here.
Speaker 9: And be like, oh, what do you mean.
Speaker 5: He's I don't know what I meant by that I meant in this room, but like realistically, like I had this conversation with Braylyn, and this is what I bring up to everyone who talks about Jared Goff, Like, if you don't have Jared Goff, who are you going to get? You're not like you're like the names you bring up are Josh Allen. Okay, go find a Josh Allen. But that's a conversation when you.
Speaker 3: Ranking him alongside of the quarterbacks.
Speaker 5: But but again, you guys like can you win with him?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 5: Well, he needs everything around him, so does Josh Allen. That's why he hasn't win jo Josh Allen answer this question and hold on. Answer this question to me. If Josh Allen doesn't need everything around him, why has he not won a super Bowl yet?
Speaker 11: Because he Because he doesn't.
Speaker 5: He doesn't have enough around him. He doesn't have a quarterback in the NFL. Any quarterback in the NFL needs the right pieces around him. Does Jared need a little more? Yes, he does. He needs a little more than a Josh Allen or Patrick Mahomes. But that doesn't mean you can't win a super Bowl without him. One of the worst things I think is a Lion's fans and some people do about Jared Goff is when you say you can't win a super Bowl with Jared Goff, you're dead wrong. I talked to an all Pro wide receiver out there, So if you want to do that, it's the same thing. You can't win a super Bowl. Then to your point, if you want to use that argument, you can't win one with Josh Allen, You can't wine with Lamar and y'all could keep going. You can't win with Joe Burrow. I could keep going if you want to use that argument. But I walk outside today after we talked about Jared Goff winning m VP and go and win a super Bowl, and I run into Oh, I just happened to run into an all pro NFL wide receiver, Braylan and the one question I asked him. We start talking about Jared Goff, and I said, Braylan, I want you to be straight on this with me, because I've had this conversations with hundreds of people. Can you win a Super Bowl with Jared Goff? And he looked at me in the eyes, he goes, yes, you can. And that's a guy who If Josh Reynolds makes a catch, he's in his second Super Bowl in his career with two different teams. If Jamier Gibbs doesn't fumble the ball, he's in his second Super Bowl with different times.
Speaker 14: Because the only reason with the Super Bowl is because the referees fucked over.
Speaker 5: This whole thing is you don't even say that you're gonna hypothetical.
Speaker 3: Listen, Josh allis never to Super Bowl, I said, streaming, But.
Speaker 5: You want to play hypotheticals, but you're bore.
Speaker 3: You You're the one playing hyper better.
Speaker 5: Josh L Josh Ell hypothetically he's never been to a Super Bowl.
Speaker 3: Sub screaming for a minute.
Speaker 10: Suve screamed for a minute, you miscontrude construed my point. I was trying to say, let me ask you, what do you think what happened? What do you think would happen if Jared Goff was on the Bills? Do you think they'd have the same Obviously.
Speaker 5: There has a better team here. No one's arguing that.
Speaker 1: But you can't answer the question when I said, when he said obviously, when the.
Speaker 7: Whole everything, you can't.
Speaker 10: He wouldn't like it's obviously they have better That's what I'm I'm making a comparison between josh Aw and Jared.
Speaker 7: You say this, That's what I mean when I want like an m v P caliber quarterback?
Speaker 5: This Can you win a super Bowl with Jared Goff?
Speaker 4: Say?
Speaker 5: Can you win a super Bowl with Jared Goff?
Speaker 7: I don't think so?
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 5: See that's you just need everything to go right.
Speaker 3: That's because he's the thing. Sam Donald just went a fucking super Bowl. Trent dill Ford w with a super Bowl, so technical what happens.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can win with damn there any court but player his specific situation.
Speaker 3: Let me fucking talk for smack you, all right, Jared Goff. The thing with him, you can win it with him, but now we are paying on sixty million dollars.
Speaker 1: Yes, he saying up a quarter of your cas space, but because he needs so much around him for it to be that winning situation, that's not his.
Speaker 5: Listen, you literally have a quarterback up one of his best in the league, Like when it comes to just managing games, literally the best. He's the only quarterback and I can't bring in the stat earlier. He's the only quarterback in each of the last three seasons to throw for forty five hundred yards. He's the only quarterback in each of the last three seasons to have thirty plus touchdown passes. You can put I don't care.
Speaker 14: You couldn't make the fucking playoffs last year. But that's take those stats on sideways, and I don't get I you know what's crazy.
Speaker 5: Why does he have the same energy with Calvin Shepherd. You should start talking about defense. Hey, come here, we know you're inconsistent with your take.
Speaker 3: We did Booter come back. You're sna show you come back. You're gonna show you.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna slapman.
Speaker 14: Yeah, you're fucking screaming to Mike Phone know what to talk like a fucking idiot. Calvin Shepherds missing half his fucking defense last year.
Speaker 6: Everything he's been healthy, he's had entirely different conversation.
Speaker 5: Championship. Was it his fault you lost an NFC championship Jared go Yes, Yes, this guy's dumb.
Speaker 14: You're fucking dumb. Daan Campbell told himself. Yeah, turnovers kind of fucked us with that one. I felt like we were doing in championships. I positive I thought you talking the Commander's game.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, that championship. We played Jared Goff for the Inncy Championship.
Speaker 1: But he holds yeah because you hear you're screaming like yeah, yeah, just screaming like an idiot talking, you're screaming.
Speaker 3: No. I just don't like.
Speaker 6: I just don't like when you when you spin it to we were having a conversation started with we started with quarterbacks, We started with quarterback rankings, and then it goes to, well, yeah, but take Jared Goff because it's gonna be hard to get something better.
Speaker 3: And that's not the conversation.
Speaker 5: Like the conversation is can you win with him? When you say no, that in my mind If you say no, then you're expecting, Okay, you need to go get a new quarterback if you because what's the goal right now in Detroit? What's the goal it should be? It is to win a super Bowl. That's where you're at right now in your franchise. So if you genuinely think, hey, you can't win a super Bowl with Jared Goff, guess what you need to do? Then you need to go get another quarterback. I agree, find me another quarterback right now that you can realistically get in a top at the what the fifteenth, the twenty fifth overall.
Speaker 3: Point if you or trade for if you a better chance. You should do that when you have Jared Golf for your team right now and you're winning football games.
Speaker 5: But that's my point.
Speaker 1: But your experiment here and there, I'm experiment with a Hndon hook as bad as it speriment with the Altmeyer.
Speaker 3: But Jared Goff' gonna be the guy until.
Speaker 5: He's as bad as the defense was in twenty twenty three when you went to the NFC Championship Game or twenty twenty four, I apologize whatever year it was, twenty three, I think as bad as the defense was, Jared golf in that offense puts you in a position where you were leading in the first half. You're up seventeen and Jared here the second half. But but you said Jared Goff. But Jamier Gibbs fumbled the balls. He did, even if he's a rookie. Listen, if you're a rookie and you're a top twelve pick man, if you're in that position, I don't care if you fumble in your rookie you're in that position, make a play, don't fumble it. Then in the fourth quarter, I guess what happens. A veteran wide receiver drops the ball, and I believe he did it twice by the way. I think he dropped two passes in the in crunch time, no pun attended. But like and then all of a sudden, it's Jared Goff's issue and you can't win with him. Like to Braylen's point, Guys, you were a drop in a fumble away from going to a super Bowl with Jared Goff, the first ever in Detroit.
Speaker 3: You can win with Jared Goff. I don't know if you can win with Jared Goff while you're paying them sixty million dollars.
Speaker 5: But again, you can always the captain can always move around, and that can happen. And and just as easy as you can go draft rookies on offense to make it a cheaper like a quarterback, you can do the same on defense. They just haven't drafted well defensively and it screwed them. So it's hard to sit there and be like it's all on Jared. No, yeah, quarterbacks paying the most all but you're saying when you say you can't win with him, you can't win with Kelvin Shepard is your DC. Then you can't win with the defense that Dradholmes is drafting. Then questions you got to understand when the Jared Goff stuff gets brought up. My frustration is, hey, what about the other You can't win a Super Bowl the way Brad drafts defensively because he doesn't.
Speaker 3: Draft performed in playoff scenario, not one time.
Speaker 5: He has versus the multiple times, first the command MULTII, the first time just been the Commanders.
Speaker 1: No, he doesn't. He doesn't have the best performance he's had in the playoffs. Detro lines, what is it?
Speaker 5: Jared isn't the guy. But this is where it's like that you got to understand as a game manager in the playoffs, your job isn't to go out there like like whoever she was recently been like, well look at Jordan Love's all the time playoff games to Jared Jared or to Jared Goffs, guys, his job's not out there to go out there and get three hundred yards and four touchdowns in a playoff game. It's just to put your team in a position to win. And he does that very well. What's his best playoff game that I don't know? I mean, dude, I don't. I'm not it's like complete media.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying in playoffs when it comes crunch time, he's just not the closest I think he's had.
Speaker 3: In my opinion, What is it he said that they found it?
Speaker 2: I think it was the Rams rights.
Speaker 5: And even then, like I think, just this is why is easy? Yes, you like the words, you can't win a Super Bowl. Jared goff needs to stop. People need to stop saying that in the city because it's just wrong. And and if people just say it, I tell Jeff All this this all the time in sports. There's like black cloud players, there's blackout cloud statements and what I mean by that is like there's just these statements and these players that people talk about that the narratives just gets ran over and over and over and over again, and it's like, well, really, if you do your research, those statements just aren't true. People say them to say them.
Speaker 3: I just don't think it's likely when you're paying them as much money every single you.
Speaker 5: Can't sit here and say you can't. You can't.
Speaker 1: That's fine, Sam Donalds won a Super you can win a Super Bowl.
Speaker 3: Any quarterback.
Speaker 1: We're paying one like golf who needs everything around him to go perfectly.
Speaker 5: Which is I can I can do that.
Speaker 2: But I would argue that pretty reasonably compared to the rest of the market where.
Speaker 1: He I don't feel that way for a guy that needs everything to you.
Speaker 5: To be fair, Like, if you rank him, he's probably like it's going down six to eighth best quarterback in the league, Dude, he's probably I don't know what he's is now with seven.
Speaker 2: So if yeah, and also like if Jared Goff paid correctly, if Jared Goff needs all this stuff around him, you know, so does a Trevor Lawrence, So does a Justin Herbert. So does you know Dak Prescott.
Speaker 3: They don't. They've had.
Speaker 5: How many playoff games? Is Dak Prescott one? Pull that up? No clue, pull it up. You pull it up, pull it up. I'm pretty sure it's zero. That's maybe one.
Speaker 3: I think it's like three or four.
Speaker 5: I don't I don't think Dak's one too. Oh my lord, he.
Speaker 2: Has two and five overall records in the playoff.
Speaker 3: I'm not that guy. I don't know why you.
Speaker 2: Said Dak though, Well, I know I mentioned that. Yeah, I just mentioned the quarterbacks that are all paid around the same range as Jared.
Speaker 5: It's just the narrative in this town. In my opinion, it needs to get changed. It needs to stop being well Jared, Jared, Jared Jared. It's like, guys, Jared.
Speaker 3: That's crazy, because I think the town is fucking yeah.
Speaker 5: People need to start talking about this defense and Brad drafting defense and building this defense out correctly. You have pieces, but the defense sucks. It does it was. The defense was twenty fourth in the NFL. And I don't care about the money or any The defense was twenty fourth in the NFL. There's there's, there's. The Seahawks had one of the lowest pay.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 5: They paid their defense the lowest I think in the NFL last year. I think it was around the Detroit Lions, and they had the number one defense, I believe, or top five defense in the NFL.
Speaker 2: Everything went right for Seattle, and I think with the way that your teams play card.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and the.
Speaker 5: Way again the people they drafted and the people they brought in when the trading for Leonard Williams they brought to Marcus Lawrence in they drafted extremely well defensively, like Brad has not drafted well outside of Kirby and Brian branch Hutch And yeah, that is pretty long. Those are I'm not you don't even bring a leam up that man.
Speaker 3: That man's the year. Judge's career off is when he came back off a and was playing defensive half season.
Speaker 5: Ok, okay before did he put a full season together ever in his career?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yes, no, he did it. Actually a game as a top as a top five level defensive tackle. He's put a full season together. Yeah, No, he hasn't. He's had like a two or three game stretch playing at that level, and that's it. Has he played. Yeah, but he doesn't play at that level consistently. No one's seen it yet we have whole season. No, he got paid for his projection.
Speaker 1: See, I think people like you want the stats when it comes to fensal tackle defensive tackle, he'd be this easy.
Speaker 5: He's not DJ Reeder Alie McNeil is a defensive tackle that needs to get to the quarterback. That's his game.
Speaker 3: Well, that's what they switched his game to. They tours a c O.
Speaker 5: That's his game.
Speaker 1: Neil Ada Hudson before the injuries had ten sacks between the two of them five games and like forty five pressures.
Speaker 5: So my point, he didn't put a full season together. Again he never has in Detroit. Has he played a full season? Yeah? Does he put a full season together at the highest level. He's getting paid top five in the NFL at his position.
Speaker 2: Okay, I get it. Listen, you know Brad Holmes didn't hit on this specific a second round pick, but how many other guys can we You know, you were just you know, listing off that those names and you were probably not even halfway through the list of guys that he has drafted. So I think I listen, I Booner, I actually I totally understand where you're coming from, and I'm I'm kind of leaning towards your side on this argument, but I don't think attacking Brad Holmes draft strategy is necessarily.
Speaker 3: The way to go.
Speaker 2: There have been some duds. One thousand percent Terry on Arnold thinking that he was going to be a starting quarterback that has not worked. Ennis Rakestraw, that was, you know, a terrible pick. That's our our you know, new Emmanuel Moseley. But there are still so many shining examples of where he has succeeded in that draft where I'm going after him over his his free agency signings.
Speaker 3: That guys, real quick, I'm got a real back the show.
Speaker 1: We're two past two breaks. We gotta go to break pay some bills. Maybe to this conversation, Chris, want to talk a little bit too. First up up your psyche.
Speaker 3: Let me tell you about pure psychology.
Speaker 6: List of guys, we talked about sports every day, the wins, the losses, of pressure, the expectations.
Speaker 3: But real life is not always easy.
Speaker 6: At one ward sports, you're never oone, and neither is your mental health journey. Pure psychiatry provides personalized psychiatric care designed specifically for you.
Speaker 3: This is not a cookie cutter.
Speaker 6: Plant with sixteen locations in Michigan and two in Ohio. They may getting helped, accessible and comfortable. If you've been thinking about taking that first step, visit puer psychmi dot com today.
Speaker 1: Art and Jakes will be there June thirty for the Tigers game. You won't mention a single pitch because they have a TV's.
Speaker 3: Wlahlah wah.
Speaker 1: I'm pretty sure you got TV's in the bathroom, Arten Jakes, where it's adds Fine Dying flavor and sports bar setting at Arton Jakes June thirty, ath this Joiant Heights.
Speaker 3: Pull up Homeie.
Speaker 12: The boys of Summer are ready to get back to the playoffs, and there's no better place to get your Tigers coverage than Woodward Sports. Join us all season long as we followers our hometown Tigers, Clawn Fights the Lord's Voice. The hunting season is almost here, Detroit and your Lions are on the prow. Make sure you're locked in to Woodwards Sports for all the Dan Campbell reactions, Jared Goff touchdowns, Salmon Roth first downs, Kenny Pancakes, Kurmy Picks, Skimm's big plays, and of course Jack Fox his leg. Yes, Jay Locked in on all your lines coverage right here on Detroit's number one sports network Sports.
Speaker 1: Are you tired of fumbling for your glasses to deal with the daily hass of contacts. It's time to take back control your vision with yaldo I Center. With over thirty years of experience and a one hundred thousand procedures. That's a lot of procedures, they are the trusted experts. Their Lasik surgery is completely painless and takes just eight minutes, and the recovery is so fast that most pacers are seeing twenty twenty the very next day. Right now, you can take advantage of the summer promotion just sixteen ninety nine.
Speaker 3: Per I, regardless of your prescription.
Speaker 1: It is a one time investment that will save you thousands of dollars in glasses and contacts.
Speaker 3: In the long run. Wake up with clear vision.
Speaker 1: Book your consultation today with yaldo I Center at the yaldoiiciner dot com slash sixteen nine.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you guys about Mortgage Pros. Are you looking for a career upgrade? Check out Mortgage Pros, the number one mortgage broker to work for in the state of Michigan. Were i was down at their annual block party, and let me tell you, guys, it was an absolute vibe.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: And I got to talk with a lot of members of that Mortgage Pros team. Everybody super friendly, super accommodating. You know, it would not be a bad place to work at all. With four point nine stars on Google and over four thousand reviews, their reputation speaks for itself. So if you are looking for a new job, give Mortgage Pros in Troy a call at two four eight four one six one three six one Mortgage Pros. Let the pros handle it.
Speaker 1: What if we come back Jerry Springer actually apparently Welcome back to Jerry Springer. I'm easy, joined by my guy Chris Platty. We got skywalkers Boro Booters crashing now in the U. I guess it's not mass Year anymore.
Speaker 3: We gotta it's a it's as I.
Speaker 2: Don't know whatever happened to our share. We never we never, we never brought the massage share back to the studio.
Speaker 3: We'll figure something out. We got we got smash like button b friend to the friend and share the stream. I don't know where that I don't know what the.
Speaker 1: That was nuts that too crazy for you, to be honest, the old conversations underrated, overrated. You think of my league standards, She's like, what six, seven and eight and my think to is quarterback properly rated?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 10: No, I think he's within the top ten. Yeah, he's a I'm not saying he's not a good quarterback. I just for a super Bowl caliber team, I would prefer a better quarterback.
Speaker 7: I'm not saying it's bad.
Speaker 5: I'm just saying you're really changing your tune from what I've heard you say in the past.
Speaker 6: Well, because you made this the game about semantics.
Speaker 5: You made thistics, Yes you did, because you made.
Speaker 3: It about can't.
Speaker 6: Really it's impossible, it's physically impossible.
Speaker 3: And that's what you did.
Speaker 5: When we win a super Bowl with Jared Goffe, there's no semantics to it.
Speaker 6: No, you did because what because when easy was like easy, it's like, I don't think it's likely.
Speaker 3: You're like, Okay, that's fine.
Speaker 6: So that's that's word semantics.
Speaker 5: When you when you say it's not possible, like like you're like it's a sports star. You're saying no, it can't happen. If you're saying no, it can't happen in my mind, and we know at the end of the day, we know it's yes, no question.
Speaker 6: We know I didn't disagree with any of your other factors you brought in about the defense, about the about the drafting, the roster construction, all of that are fair and valid. But we all know that in football, of all things, the quarterback drives the conversation. Now I'm not talking for ratings, I'm talking just in general. They have they have the ability to affect the game so much more than a lot of other a lot of the other surrounding pieces.
Speaker 3: So when your.
Speaker 6: Quarterback is going to get the majority of play, but nobody's blaming it all on golf either, boon, They're like, nobody's blaming.
Speaker 3: This entire thing on golf.
Speaker 7: There's many aspects of this team we could improve.
Speaker 5: When you rank like you win because of this, like or you're you're gonna lose because of this, most people, easy, I know, would I know you probably would You probably say, oh, probably golf, which is fine. Quarterback have to be But in my opinion, around this town, it has to be defense. Like the Seahawks put together a hell of a defense last year, and no one talks about it, and they did it cheap. They went and or traded for Ernest Jones, like they traded for La Marcus for or they got DeMarcus Lawrence, they traded for Leonard Williams. They drafted extremely. Brad's been bad at building a defense. He has four or five really good players, but he hasn't surrounded them to make him legit all around defense yet.
Speaker 1: Echo for Whiskey eight hundred and twenty hours Super CHATSS. We can win with golf, but we would never win because of golf. If we ever win with golf, he would just be along for the ride.
Speaker 3: See. I think that's a bit too harsh. Yeah, but I get what I got, get what you're coming from.
Speaker 5: I don't think that's honestly, I don't think that's like that far off of a statement.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Like again, it's like I said, the playoffs, Gof's not throwing for three hundred yards and four touchdowns. He's not, but he'll get you a two hundred and fifty two touchdowns and if he can take care of the ball, you're winning the game, you know.
Speaker 10: I guess that's a good way to emphasize my point. I don't think that will ever win because of golf. I think he like he's a game manager, but I don't think he's going to be the person in an offense to go above and up beyond.
Speaker 7: And and lead a team like that.
Speaker 10: So again, I'm not I'm not completely counting out the idea of us winning a Super Bowl. Do I think it's more likely or less likely to happen. I think it's less likely to happen if we have Golf at quarterback. But I'm not completely knocking it out. I'm not saying it's impossible.
Speaker 5: I think I'm getting him closer to the side. I think he's slowly, he's going slowly, slowly creeping over on my side.
Speaker 3: Boon, I appreciate you, man, I'll get kicked off. Yeah, get the funk out of you, dude. I appreciate you, dude. Thank you.
Speaker 2: Shut out, Boone.
Speaker 3: I'm not leaving. The golf is testing, man, it's testing all the time.
Speaker 1: But everyone's I think everyone's just where they standing, matter what met a conversation, and matter the debate. No one's ever switched sides, like even the group chat that we have and we have like World War threason, there nothing switch. Everyone's just on the same side.
Speaker 9: Still.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so for what is for Neil did switch and stick did That's not very surprising from Neil.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Remember they wanted some week Willis action in their lives and that switched up after we didn't get it.
Speaker 2: I was like, you know, whatever, Neil likes the lane change, the hitting, that zipper method, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: He was good Ude neels like the he was with Donald Trump with this ship. Honest, he does the weave, he just yeah, He'll say it.
Speaker 2: The method of the weave. It's hard to you gotta you gotta really pay attention.
Speaker 4: The truth.
Speaker 1: Do you think he could be win the MVP, because the other topic we had here is he jeered Golf's a dark horse MVP candidate.
Speaker 6: So I had a friend do this and I and I want to ask the room because I think this is kind of the more fair question because my answer would be my answer would be no. I just don't see a scenario in which the Lions, even when they've had the great success that they've had recently, he just doesn't get enough of that, enough of that cachet, Like I mean, the year he went fifteen and two, he didn't finish.
Speaker 3: He finished what third or fifth? Fifth?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 3: Fifth?
Speaker 9: Fifth?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 6: So like, I mean, what he does he have to go seventeen and oh and then maybe he gets it. Like I just I don't see the media and that's part of the that's part of the award voting. And that's my problem is it's not just stats, it's always it's always narrative based. And so I just think that we've seen from Jared Goff that it's not possible for him to win an MVP unless they go seventeen and oh, because he's had a fifteen and two year and he finished fifth. Like I, I mean, you can't do much better than that. Like I'm not slamming golf at all, but I think that that's kind of the conversation.
Speaker 3: So winning that year, it was Lamar waiting MVP. Yeah, yeah, golf finished, it was Lamara, it was Lamar. Sa Quon was two, I think, right, I.
Speaker 2: Believe so yeah, Josh Allen won twenty twenty four.
Speaker 3: Twenty four, Yeah, oh yeah, you're right. Yeah.
Speaker 6: So I I just I feel like the more interesting thing is the more interesting thing is is this is I have a friend who's a Packers fan.
Speaker 7: Yeah, crazy Matt know, your friend.
Speaker 6: No, no, no, no, that Matt.
Speaker 3: Matt said, don't.
Speaker 6: We can assault that a lot, but that's one thing we can't put on this.
Speaker 3: He's a Lions fan.
Speaker 6: But no, I have a friend who's a Packers fan and he actually put money on Jared Goff to win m v P And I said, you just threw your money away, but.
Speaker 3: He said, I'm playing the cash out game.
Speaker 6: He's like ten to odds right now, and and if they if they go hot because of their easy schedule and he's in the top fives, that I can cash out. So you're a little more interesting question than like that, like can he win m VP, because I just feel like, flat out he can't.
Speaker 3: I don't know. Do any of you guys disagree with me in that I know I think.
Speaker 1: I think everything that our guy echo for Whiskey said is the reason why Jared Goff won't win MVP, because it's viewed as he's I want to say, I don't want to be I'm not try to be distrcful.
Speaker 3: Because you're not winning because of Jared Goff, right, you're not.
Speaker 1: He's not going out there and he's like making the fucking game like it's like he's getting the ball to guys, guys are making plays in after. He's a point guard quarterback, but he's an excellent point guard quarterback. He's a great what he does, and that's why he won't see MVP unless in the running the guy's next to him tearing a cl or you this guy goes down, or if they go seventeen to O or something like that, then yeah, because like fifteen to two.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, you should have been been like top three for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's that's the reason why we won't see it. But I think you friends s Martin playing the cash out game, I think he. I think that's because.
Speaker 6: Wasn't he like twelfth? Didn't we look at it? Wasn't he like eighth or twelfth? He was somewhere in that range idea. I do remember when we looked at it. He was so fullow ten.
Speaker 11: You could around play good.
Speaker 6: You could play a good cash out game with that.
Speaker 1: To go our residential golf hater. It's rare that I'm in a room with somebody who allegedly hates golf more than me. So I'm happy if you don't hate.
Speaker 7: The guy's I don't hate him.
Speaker 10: I mean I feel like, if he does have a really, really good season, it would be more of a testament to his position players around him. So I feel like if he pops off, that means, you know, the whole offense is popping off. So I feel like that could definitely lead into, like I don't know, maybe maybe someone else on the Lions being considered for for MVP odds.
Speaker 7: I'm not rolling it out.
Speaker 10: I think he could definitely. I mean, if he throws some five thousand yards, which with this offense is possible.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 7: He'd really have to like show off though.
Speaker 2: I feel like if he, if any year it would be the year to do it would be this year. I mean, we saw the blue plant, blue print excuse me last season from Sam Donald. In Sam Donald, towards the end of the year, he was like third second in the MVP talks. I mean, I know he probably didn't end up like there on the ballot, but you know, when they were talking favorites to win MVP, Sam Donald was right there. And it was the same thing with you know, Jared Goff when we had that you know, twelve win season, he was a top five candidate for a you know, MVP.
Speaker 1: Race, in my eyes, is always like a two man race. You know for sure, it's always like last year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean that's but that's what I'm saying though, that's probably the peak for for Jared Goff, you know. On no, I'm saying in the MVP Award in general, like I don't think, no matter what, even if he does have a five thousand yard season and you know, gets all these touchdowns, I think still no matter what, just because it's not super flashy and he's a you know, he's a Detroit quarterback, and it's you know, more so the team whatever. There's there's the fact that I can list off like three four, five different reasons is you know, all the more reason why he would never win that award in my opinion.
Speaker 1: But did you put the money on him? That's that's original original reason why Buda came in here.
Speaker 3: Because you have a hot Jared?
Speaker 11: Did you bet on.
Speaker 4: Him to win?
Speaker 5: I made a bet with can you just hear me?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I made a bet with Jeff and I actually made the bet. I didn't make it last year because I had a feeling, but the year before I bet him and Lucas that Jared Goff would be a finalist, so he would be at the award show, which he was. And I said today, I said, I'm running it back. I think with and honestly like it's realistically like I get like, hey, he's not the reason why, but it's the narrative in the league. When you have a good team, who gets the kind of all of the glory from it, it's the quarterback unless you have a running back, which you do have in Jumior Gibbs. But even that year in twenty twenty four, Jamior Gibbs got zero MVP votes. He had twenty plus touchdowns, right, but he and he had more Offensive Player of the Year votes than Jared Goff that year. But who gets MVP votes. It's the quarterback. And that's why I said this year, in my opinion, I made the bet with Jeff again, I said, let's running back because what do the Detroit Lions have this year? The thirty second easiest or hardest schedule, the number one, They had the easiest schedule in all of the NFL. So this team goes out there and they go, I don't know, thirteen and four, fourteen and three, and he has a year like he's had the last three years, he's going to be in that conversation. Yeah, and he's going to be an MVP candidate and he's gonna be a finalist. And it's like, if he had like the numbers he had even last year, they only won nine games or whatever it was, but if they would have won twelve games, guess who would have been an MVP finalist Jared because his numbers were the best he has is had in his whole career. And that's just that's what he kind of felt. Well, they were some of the best, but they were good. Yeah, they were some of the best. If you look at his last three years. Dude, like the numbers he put up, their m VP finalist numbers. It just depends on what the record is of the team. It's like Drake May last year, his numbers were't the craziest, but guess what, he was on the best team in the f.
Speaker 3: He had some crazy numbers.
Speaker 7: Actually had some crazy throws too.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, all right, Jared had more passing yards and touchdowns than him.
Speaker 3: So I appreciate you. I hope you and let squashed your b whatever.
Speaker 5: I'm just sitting here listening, and you brought me back into this convo don't.
Speaker 3: Kicks, but I know that's why you came in.
Speaker 11: Well, we gotta break.
Speaker 3: It's over now.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm just I'm just listening to you boys.
Speaker 9: Now you're good.
Speaker 5: Love you, Boom shout out to chat. Love you guys. Tune in tomorrow.
Speaker 9: One.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you guys about gold Crown. These aren't you hit it twice and passed around?
Speaker 3: Pre rolls? These are are why am I arguing with Booter right now? Pre Rolls are the.
Speaker 1: Royal Jester's one and a half grams each, Quad and Fuse Keef Codd Live Resident Fuse TC, eight Diamonds, Interpenes, all packed in the one that's.
Speaker 3: Four layers of hell.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 1: When you go to Spensary, don't think, just ask for Royal Gesters. If you're gonna smoke, smoke like worldy only will grow.
Speaker 12: The next generation of Detroit sports media is here.
Speaker 9: Clench time is back on Woodwards Sports.
Speaker 12: Join Jeffi of Friday and Booner Monday through Friday, eleven am to one pm, taking Detroit sports coverage to the next level with massive interviews, viral moments, and the best live reactions. Get ready to Detroit. The Young Guns are taking over clenched time on Woodwards Sports.
Speaker 15: Some days call for light, others lean bold, what about everything in between? All day IPA the easy choice for every day citrusy crisp refreshing flavor. You can float with light on the hops, big on refreshment.
Speaker 3: One's great two even better.
Speaker 14: Brood with you and money, No.
Speaker 15: Shortcuts, no fuss, big on flavor, never too much. All day IPA hop into easy.
Speaker 12: Hunting season is almost to here, Detroits and your Lions are on the prow. Make sure you're locked into Woodward Sports for all the Dan Campbell reactions, Jared Goff touchdowns, com and Roth first downs, Kenny pancakes, Kirmy picks, Jim's big plays, and of course Jack.
Speaker 9: Fox his leg yes day.
Speaker 12: Locked in on all your Lions coverage right here on Detroit's number one sports network.
Speaker 4: Sports.
Speaker 10: Bring a home or refinancing is a big decision, and just like in sports, you need the right team behind you. That's why we're proud to welcome Supreme Lending to the Woodward Sports family as a full service leader. They boast a ninety nine percent close on time rate and a ninety seven percent customer satisfaction score.
Speaker 7: But here's the game changer.
Speaker 10: When you apply for an eligible loan to mention Woodward Sports and they will give you up to five hundred dollars off your appraisal, the scoreless deal. Call the number on your screen and talk to Chad at Chad and Chris at Supreme Lending Today.
Speaker 3: What welcome bike to whatever?
Speaker 1: It's live and over sports dot com. I'm easy You win by Christopher Platti Skywalker. Go my mash like button, b friend, Tell a friend and share the stream. We have Kick Booner out of the studio. He's officially locked out. He can't get back in. Throw out the window, so smash the like button, be a friend to a friend and share the stream. I have a I want to light in the mood a little bit. I want us all to feel a little bit better.
Speaker 7: Now, all right, let's talk about the defense.
Speaker 3: I know, I know you're good.
Speaker 6: Do forty two.
Speaker 3: I was like, ni, no, no, no, no, no.
Speaker 2: I have not, but I've seen so many of the games.
Speaker 3: You can see it, man, Yeah, I've seen.
Speaker 6: What's crazy is I didn't see it, but my entire like every third reel, not every third reel, No, this one is actually like not, but I did. I do have the cliff notes of it because it's been every third reel I could show you.
Speaker 3: You have to watch it, man, go watch it. You have to watch it. It's like I don't even necessarily consider a scary movie. It's it's creepy.
Speaker 2: It's a psychological thriller, which is what I would like.
Speaker 11: I'm not like, I'm not like a horror movie.
Speaker 6: Guys, horror movies, Yeah, that's my type of being, Like a psychological thriller.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like where you imagine yourself and like that person's situation, like, oh my god, that's so like fed up. But it's like if you see that's why the o g like the horror movies, like where you're getting like chased around by like a chainsaw guy or it's like it's like they almost.
Speaker 3: What Yeah, I was a kid, it's scary.
Speaker 2: They almost make me laugh because it's like, yeah, dumb ass, like you get your get on your phone and like call nine one one and like run.
Speaker 1: To the those type of scary movies or for kids or sick who just like the gory stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I've never understood like the just the pure like.
Speaker 1: Like the psychological stuff like, yeah, every obsession. I want to go home and watch my dick like I've just been with one of those.
Speaker 2: It is crazy, but it's it's easy that that was top tier, though.
Speaker 3: Wasn't it?
Speaker 2: What the everything everything other than the craziness mark all right, I.
Speaker 11: Know, Michael war and six.
Speaker 2: No no, no, I'm just saying everything else about the experience was fun. But then you gotta do crazy.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you think it's cool until she gives you those eyes.
Speaker 3: Cool to it's not cool. Yeah, all right, here's what it is. It's like, yeah, no, that's exactly what it's cool to. It's not cool. It's literally the movie.
Speaker 11: What the movie?
Speaker 1: It's like obsession like yourub my feet or you make my dinner or you know, you know stuff that I'm not gonna say on YouTube air waves.
Speaker 3: And then like you fuck up one time, holy ship, Like what the fuck?
Speaker 2: Like I'm on the phone with my mom and I got like a hammer thrown at me, Like what the hell is going on here?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's not here to do.
Speaker 1: Let's lighten the mood a little bit, yeah and make fun of some other.
Speaker 3: What what what he said?
Speaker 6: I got talking to my mom and I got a hammer it thrown at me.
Speaker 3: I shout out, Mark.
Speaker 7: Shot out, Mark's mom.
Speaker 1: Shut, Mark's mom shot a lapt chest shot out. Let's enjoy how the heavies usually roll. Enjoy everyone. We're about to laugh and have a good time. I'm just letting up everybody. The chat stop I remember, fight in the chap stop fighting if you are.
Speaker 2: Take it easy, guys.
Speaker 3: Everyone loves everyone.
Speaker 2: There's enough negativity out there, man, It's just just everybody come here to have a nice day. Like you know, sure everybody's going to bust of their asset work. This is where we come.
Speaker 3: To just take it easy, you know. Yeah, do we have that? You have that one? Three camped? You got that one ready?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 1: So this quarterback competition right now in Minnesota between JJ McCarthy and Kyler Murray two, it's a mid off.
Speaker 3: They're having a literal mid off.
Speaker 1: Kyler Murray, I think, is the odds on favorite, at least from the outside looking in. Everyone's assuming Kyler Murray probably to win that job because JJ looked like shit at times last year. However, this is how Kyler is Murray's first reps went and OTA's.
Speaker 16: Matt Kevin O'Connell is considered this a very true quarterback competition. He says, everything is measured, so that must mean I have to mention ninety minutes now into practice Kyler Murray JJ McCarthy. They are splitting reps with the ones, and Kyler Murray got the nod to go first today. Might want that back back to back interceptions throne during seven on seven, though not to panic, it's only seven on seven. But being that everything is measured, Kevin O'Connell's looking for the intangibles. He's looking for the footwork. He says he wants everyone to see everything because he doesn't want anything Hitten. He wants the guys on the field. He wants just coaching staff to all go into this. When a decision is made with conviction of who they are going to play behind, Kevin O'Connell says his ultimate goal in deciding who this quarterback will be will be someone who can be an igniter of this football.
Speaker 1: Two back to back interceptions for Kada Murray in his first reps a quarterback for the Minnesota Vikings.
Speaker 3: I love to hear that.
Speaker 1: That's want of lighting moved a little bit and then he with the podium. They're asking him, like what's going on. He starts complaining, making excuses. I'm not usually splitting these reps. Blah blah blah blah.
Speaker 3: Brother, you fucking dude. I love the I mean they still listen.
Speaker 1: It's OTA's he might get going at some point and whatever, or it is Kevin O'Connell.
Speaker 3: I do respect him, but like I just wanted to light him move a little bit of little vikings. Hey, Chris, Yeah, I love it.
Speaker 6: I love it, and I think it's interesting.
Speaker 3: I mean, you know, I have I have a room. Shout out shout out by dog Chris. He's been playing the Call of Duty game.
Speaker 6: NonStop and he's been saying it's one of the best Call of Duty games. I feel like I feel like Call of Duty Kyler is back. I feel like he's back, man, I really, I really do. I'm uh no, I don't think he ever left. I think he did. I think he did for I think he did for a minute. He had he had some he had what was it like one October where he played like very well or something where that's like normally where his stats dip. I think it was your last year the year before. I'm mistaken.
Speaker 2: People are watching his cod stats. That's kind of crazy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know it nuts, it's nuts. You might as well to change your name with that point. Yeah, you can't, you can't be I know.
Speaker 6: Well, they were judging his football stats like and they were showing that like every October whenever the call of duty comes out, like he he drops like x amount percent and all of that, and then there was it was either last year the year before where he did it. So glad to see a Kyler Murray's back on the bandwigon because that Minnesota team, between the coaching, the roster, everything they have but quarterback is like figured out. And so I'm so glad that this looks like this can't be And you know, I don't want to jinx it because it is.
Speaker 3: Early, but like they're not. That's not what you idiot.
Speaker 6: But I think that I I think that the Lions have nothing to fear. But no, I think that I think that Lion shouldn't have anything to fear when it comes to when it comes to those two quarterbacks. But again, you have to have the appropriate respect. This is a this is a coaching staff in the roster that beach it twice last year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's The thing.
Speaker 1: With me is when it comes to Minnesota, Vike, he's not the I gotta give a fuck less about the quarterback situations. Their defense is the ones that bent us over. And that's that's what I'm concerned about, in particular when it comes to our interier offensive line, because those are the two things outside of Kate Maze that didn't change. You still have Tate Radice there, which obviously it's just all four season. You expected upgrade from there. And I don't necessarily think he was the one that getting killed anyway. I think it was more so Christian ma Hogany before he got injured in that game, was getting killed. And our guy, I can't think of his name. That's my buddy too. Who the hell was our center last year?
Speaker 2: Graham Glassgow?
Speaker 3: Thank you jeez?
Speaker 2: Speaking of video games work, Yeah, bro, he's he's been spending too much time on that csgo. Do you see, uh, Graham Glasgow was like a what like a top fifty ranked Cisco player or something like that.
Speaker 3: That's amazing. Good for him.
Speaker 1: Shot is that nitty gritty this guy?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Then to your offensive line, was is what we got got? That's what we got got. By the minst of the Vikings A defense. That's what's concerning me. And we had Max Brosberg on Christmas and I watched us get fucking destroyed national television.
Speaker 3: Jered golf meats everywhere every time you go on Twitter. We got nine. Jered Goff got nine of the j McCarthy beam that day. For real. That was that was Oh my god, that was the worst part. Losing to a cringe, cringe ass quarterback terrible.
Speaker 2: Like now now they got too cringe gass quarterbacks. I mean, well, Kyler Kyler can be cringe.
Speaker 3: Were you at with with Kyler Skywalker?
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 10: I kind of just feel bad for Justin Jefferson, to be honest, I don't think, Uh, Kyler's been in this league for so long. I don't think that like just all of a sudden, he's gonna shine and be good. I mean, he wasn't in terrible positions when he was on the Cardinals. He had d hot for like the last good couple couple years of his career. I do not see Kyler Murray staying on this team.
Speaker 7: For very long, to be honest.
Speaker 1: Cooked Yeah, I'm uh, I wanted to believe at one point I think it's cool when you get like a dual athlete.
Speaker 3: I think it's cool. He played baseball and he was, you know.
Speaker 1: Just as good, arguably better than football, but he's just too small.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 1: It's when he comes to like these professional sports, this level outside of baseball, I'm some about you're making a little bit of contact that the size matters, Dude, it fucking matters. No, It's like Kyler Murray can't steal over his offensive line. He can't survive the hits rout of seasons. Why he's always injured. And that's why I look at the CJ. Mccoms two was like cool.
Speaker 4: CJ.
Speaker 3: Mccom's cool.
Speaker 1: When it comes to playoffs, yeah, I want I want someone bigger than that. I want some reguard more positions than fucking a shooting guard and a point guard.
Speaker 6: You know, That's why some people simply simply would take you know, Lebron over Jordan is just because of just like sheer like size and ability, or or you take like you know, or or even like back in the day, like some people would take magic magic over Isaiah just because of just because of size and impact. Like there's just certain things that the physical advantages you can get. My favorite thing, and my favorite example to point to always is the other Isaiah Thomas in Boston. Remember when he was absolutely balling out of his mind. He was an MVP candidate and it was nuts. It was one of the best stories in Sportsman. He was playing his ass off, he had that hip intry. He lost to half a step and that five to ten guy went from from MVP candidate to struggling to make a roster just like that. And it's because he was already at such a physical disadvantage that that margin was so small for him. That margin was so small for him, And that's just kind of how sports are like when you get to this level where it's all the elites, is there's such a slim margin of of you know, a room.
Speaker 3: For error basically.
Speaker 6: And that's the issue when it comes to when it comes to you know, almost every position, like in across sports, that's just what it is.
Speaker 3: Outside of like you said, baseball, it's.
Speaker 6: Like kind of one of the only and I don't know how much Amrison soccer either to be.
Speaker 1: Size yeah yeah, yeah, that one. Yeah, But I'm not well versed. I'm not gonna messy small guy.
Speaker 3: Though, right, that's communist sport.
Speaker 12: I don't consume communist.
Speaker 1: Propaganda watching that. We are we I know we might do something.
Speaker 6: For Oh, I'll watch I'll watched some of the USA games.
Speaker 3: Why not.
Speaker 2: I will not be there.
Speaker 3: Nine pm.
Speaker 6: I love about watching the Iraq game. I was like, come on, brother. I was like, you don't love home that much. I said, I said, come on, bro, you'll love home that much.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 3: Girl, Now what he talks about? Water Hazard?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I will tell you guys about water Hazard. Listen, man, it's it's heating up. It's getting pretty steamy out there. We're you know, we're losing some water where we're really feeling the pressure the heat. And the best way to cool down and just take a load off after a long day is founders brand new canned cocktail, water Hazard. Listen to this, guys. This stuff is absolutely fantastic. You might see that bright blue can at some of our watch parties. Trust me, guys, you absolutely have to try. If you like Baja Blast, you will like water Hazard. It's the very first canned cocktail from Founders, and it's perfect between innings or between rounds. So next time you're out, get in the drink with water hazard. Please drink responsibly.
Speaker 12: Next generation of Detroit sports media is here. Crunch Time is back on Woodward Sports, joined Jeffi of Friday and Booner Monday through Friday, eleven am to one pm, taking Detroit sports coverage to the next level with massive interviews, viral moments.
Speaker 11: And the best live reaction.
Speaker 4: Get ready to Detroit. The young guns are taking.
Speaker 12: Over crunch time on Woodward Sports.
Speaker 3: What brings you in today's Spitzer ex Doc.
Speaker 5: I just can't I can't sleep.
Speaker 4: Why is that?
Speaker 5: I got a lot on my mind. I feel like I feel like I'm not streaming enough.
Speaker 9: I just I don't know.
Speaker 5: I feel like I'm letting down the listeners.
Speaker 3: Is there anything in your life I think can take action to change this?
Speaker 17: You know what I was talking about?
Speaker 14: You know Woodward Heavyweights five to seven Monday through Friday in the Woodward Sports Network.
Speaker 11: We're talking about doing a twenty four hour.
Speaker 5: Stream in June June nineteenth. Uh I mean is that okay?
Speaker 17: I'm only half Uh yeah?
Speaker 5: So Woobert Heavyweight's second Subathan June nineteenth.
Speaker 3: Dah it on that stream? That can fix it?
Speaker 9: I mean, you know the doctor you've been taking.
Speaker 17: S, I mean.
Speaker 9: Pictures.
Speaker 6: Look, if you're a fan of mad Pass, you already know they bring the heat. But this summer they're shaking things up with some massive new drops. Get ready for the boom Shaka Loca two hundred milligram hash rosin gummies and high Low two hundred milligram live rosin mad Pack extracts are the perfect additions to your summer plans. We're more at Getmadpacks dot com, Matt Flavor, Matt High, matd.
Speaker 1: Packs, Bone Journal, Welcome, Bike her Weights, Live Which Sports dot Com, Easy My, Christopher Platti, Luke Skywaters, Gordon.
Speaker 3: Actually is your first name?
Speaker 4: Even?
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is Luke, but I never call you Lukey. That's Luke. I forgot what your first name is. Chauncy Clemens, chauncy Clemens.
Speaker 2: CC big CC, big CC shout out, Oh, I should do this way earlier up.
Speaker 1: So you know, Drew Patsy is supposed to be like a tight end guy. Yeah, like he blessed Trey McBride. Although I think Trey mc bride would be good no matter what.
Speaker 3: He's just he's a dog like that, yeah dog.
Speaker 1: But he did drop a lot of stuff for him obviously, the first option of that offense. San Laporta one time All pros and this rookie season, uh Off the hot star last year up until the injury under Drew Petsing. Where does Sam Laporter rank this season? You think you can take a step up. You could be the top one, top three, It could be the best tight in the league.
Speaker 3: You still have treat Bride out there.
Speaker 6: I mean no, again, it's too many miles to feed. I just don't think that. I don't think if you're if you're betting, if you're betting for Gibbs to be Offensive Player of the Year, you can also say, yeah, and Samulport is gonna finish top three titles. Okay, well what about am and Rau? What about Jamo? What about all of these other things? So I think that could you argue, like talent wise, yes, I think he will enter that top five, re enter that top five, top three conversation for tight ends, I think he will. He will establish himself, but it won't be the stats. It will be just just watching him play and getting into the specifics, so the the run blocking, the minu shit, the other parts of the tight end that aren't the raw numbers.
Speaker 3: Don't think that. I like, you know, he's got to expand, Okay, yeah, Anti.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think that when it comes down to it, though, he's going to enter that conversation just like talent wise, but it won't be production wise.
Speaker 3: That's I mean, it's fair.
Speaker 10: What about you, fellas, I mean, there's definitely a lot of mouths to feed. So I kind of agree a little bit with what Chris has to say about talent wise. I think he's a really good tight end back. Injuries are like no joke, so like, you know, yeah, I want him to be as cautious as he can possibly be and get in when he can get in. But I don't I don't really see him going for a thousand yards this season. I kind of just want to see them. He's him back into things and if he can finish with around seven to fifty to one thousand, I mean that would be pretty sick. But uh, I mean he's got his checkdown guy. You know, it's the security blanket. So as as long as he can just still fill that role, I'm I'm super happy with that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think he's gonna have any like crazy, you know season this year. I don't think that he's gonna you know, be you know, all pro anything like that. But I do still think that he is gonna be a threat that other teams defenses are gonna have to consider what they're drawing up plays. Yeah, so, uh, no, matter what, he's gonna be very important. I think, you know, it gets interesting when you start, you know, talking about like contract and everything like that. But yeah, I mean, well he finishes the top three tight end in the league, I don't think so. And it's like I said, it's just because there's there's too much going on in this offense. There's too many people that you you know, have to get the ball to and you know, running thirteen personnel. You know, we'll see what he's gonna be asked to do. If he's gonna be asked to be doing a little bit more blocking, if he's you know, they're gonna let him go out and run those routes. I mean, obviously the Isaac taslaw is a little bit of a similar role. Not quite, but when it comes to the route tree, probably pretty similar. So we'll we'll see.
Speaker 10: So where do we rank him amongst Titans then? Right now, like who do we think is better than is going to be better than Sama Porta.
Speaker 3: Nick Bride, brock Bowers, Healthy Bowers.
Speaker 4: What what is it?
Speaker 3: What was his injury last year? It was a knee, right, yeah?
Speaker 17: Was it?
Speaker 3: Something was like a Kirby situation or what? And what's that Packers Luke Muskrave.
Speaker 2: No, no, I'm not gonna lie or no wait, oh took a craft.
Speaker 3: Tucker Craft took a craft. I think he'll have a better season since he might be better.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Tucker Craft's good.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna I hate him because the whole Kirby thing going back and forth, but like he's pretty good.
Speaker 6: Kelsey's not top five to me anymore.
Speaker 2: No, he's just too We might be top could be five, might be number just because it was a strain, would say strand that he but he's fully recovered now.
Speaker 1: Travis Kelsey finished fourth last year amongst tight ends with eight hundred and fifty one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that offense was battered.
Speaker 3: Yea was taking them. He was the only he was the only guy. Remember we got hit against us. He guys smacked on his head. Who was that was that? Rocky Sino did that?
Speaker 4: I can't remember.
Speaker 3: Smacked him on the top of that tree. McBride was number one last year most tight ends with twelve hundred thirty nine. Oh you know who was also deep pitch for second with nine eight?
Speaker 6: Yeah, Cole Pits had a monster season. You know who else was a was a dog?
Speaker 3: I mean just in the end zone.
Speaker 6: I remember his off off top his production, but the doubt side. Was it Jake Ferguson or.
Speaker 2: Yeah Ferguson, Yeah he's a monster.
Speaker 3: Another guy Gadson Adson. So I come up to last year.
Speaker 2: Harold j T in Cleveland?
Speaker 4: Who was that?
Speaker 6: Who was that one? Because I remember I picked him up in fantasy and I was like the worst team in the league, So I just screwed over whoever it was at the top. But it was that that Chargers tight ends. Oh yeah, job, that's my dog, right.
Speaker 3: Top five tight ends right now? Because Kittle's coming off with the torn a c O, I'm not mistaken.
Speaker 7: I'm still putting Kittle there for his blocking alone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, all right, Bowers will move injuries and McBride bowers Kittle.
Speaker 6: I think Craft might be in put craft of probably five.
Speaker 3: Craft yeah okay, which put Loveland over Sam the Porta.
Speaker 2: It depends on this that's a season that's I mean, hey, boys, we're forgetting about somebody. Those rookie season Tyler Warren and Tyler Warren had an absolutely insane season last year. He showed us that he can.
Speaker 1: Three rookie Titans came in last year. Actually, was Gadson a rookie too?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Gadson was a rookie last year Loveland war Warren, Gadson.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they went nuts.
Speaker 2: And Brock Bowers and McBride are both what heading into their second third seasons.
Speaker 3: I think McBride's got contract, though it might be like fourth or something.
Speaker 18: Yeah, No, McBride's little bit older. Bowers is our third year. Yeah yeah, yeah, damn so No. I don't think the top five guys a great Yeah. McBride was twenty twenty two.
Speaker 6: But I think I think though that Porter can put himself in that class of like, okay, he would be could he'd be a on top five range, like I think he can when he's healthy. But I'm glad you brought up the back point because yeah, that's like one of those injuries where it either either you don't come back right or or you do come back right, but you're a hit away for being wrong again and so so I think it's very like, you know, you have to be very cautious with Samuel Porta. But I do think that talent wise, if he is one hundred percent, if he is the Samuel Porta, we know that he is floating around that top five in terms of talent. I don't think he'll be production just because those a lot of those other teams, like Green Bay, they don't have like a true number one receiver, like you know, they don't have the weapons to feed the way that the way that the Lions do, like a lot of those teams don't. Their tight ends are featured more. Would you throw Kyle Pitts in there after one year or no? Because there's so many disappointing years and then now too got Dalton Kaid as well as another tight end.
Speaker 2: I think he would be better. I think he is better than a Kyle Pits or Dalton Kincaid even now like a Travis Kelcey. But I don't think that he's gonna be uh, you know, statistically or just like you know the eye test, better are good enough to be like a top five tight end.
Speaker 3: You got a couple of super chants. I apologize.
Speaker 1: I did not see this one, he said, shot Dante for shouting on a cartoon Master John fan Lord shout out so much funnier watching Europeans experience in the US for the first time.
Speaker 3: DM's incoming. I did see that.
Speaker 1: I saw something where the English team couldn't handle the Florida heat.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's so funny.
Speaker 1: I saw almost twoot out like that's something since like seventeen seventy six for the you know, for long yeah, or for England can't handle America.
Speaker 2: I saw some like like African accounts. They were saying, like, what do you mean you can't handle the heat? Like you've been there for two generations and you forget or like something like that. That was really funny.
Speaker 6: We're politics.
Speaker 3: Check it out.
Speaker 1: Laborutini with the super chant is I legit, don't care if you don't read the rest of my super I apologize, but I'm usually I think Spain's one they called the super Chants went spining on the super Sea.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I just I felt kind of like I did.
Speaker 3: I didn't kind of want to read because some of them were you know, I did see the first one, yeah, and I wasn't gonna come so you know it was a tough positional abertude. We do greatly appreciate you.
Speaker 6: That's why we're rude for you with Boooner Di Squash, because it's it's never that deep man.
Speaker 1: Shove Lebtin and Booner podcasts just a one off boxing mat where they just not a dog.
Speaker 3: I love Booner Labine probably dog walk. I'm not really used to play football collegiately, shut up, big dude, not that small guy at all. But they show podcasts like they sit down.
Speaker 2: Like you know, all appears more than that. I'll sit there.
Speaker 3: He Remember the NBA used to do that with rivalry.
Speaker 1: Remember like Isaiah and Magic did it, uh Shack and Kobe did one to Thank God they did that before thought we could.
Speaker 6: Think of something for Booner Labortin. You throw that back, call it a day again.
Speaker 9: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't want my Booner to go down either.
Speaker 9: I don't do that.
Speaker 6: I want I want I want those to I want those piece because you know, at the end of at the end of the day, we we do greatly appreciate you in the chat, but we are we all friends.
Speaker 3: That I do apologize.
Speaker 6: It's never deeper than sports, So apologies for missing those Labortini, Yeah, I guess.
Speaker 1: I mean it's kind of it's kind of nuts because that once, by the time you would say laport was a top five guy, but there's so much more, such a larger influx of talent. And then you have the thing too, where you said some guys just featured more of their offenses.
Speaker 10: Like did they ever come up and or come out and like say what specifically was wrong with his back or no, they were just vague about it, Like that's more concerning to me if they didn't specify what was going on. Yeah, I feel like there's a deeper rooted issue if like they don't just come out and say it.
Speaker 1: I mean, they did talk about they're gonna resign them, so I'm assuming something's gonna shake off at some point.
Speaker 3: But yeah, the thing, it's just a tough position to play too.
Speaker 1: Like the game that he got hurt I remember watching specifically him is getting worked in the Commander's game, just hitting them dirty hits kin lolls, dirty shots to the back, which is gonna happen.
Speaker 3: That's football. I remember playing and then doing it myself. But like it's just I don't know. It's a tough, tough injury to have as a tight end. I'll tell you that absolutely.
Speaker 6: Man, the back is like one that's one of those ones where it just it just never since. I mean, my dad actually has a terrible back because of literally one day helping move a friend, like when he was I think like twenty eight or thirty. He was like really young and he just jumped off off a truck wrong. And his back is ever since then and he's done, he's done like you know, different chiropractice, he's done everything. The back is the one thing that is so sensitive. And like I said, like I said earlier, off Skywalker's point is like you could get back to one hundred percent, but you can still be a hit away or you could just never be one hundred percent again. Both of those are extremely possible when it comes to back injuries.
Speaker 1: I never sat any games out or I mean I said, I practice out from like a back injury, but like randomly there'll be day or my back just fucking flares up.
Speaker 3: Oh I can't do nothing that day. It's it's fucked. Yeah you what was wrong with yours?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 10: So I was doing powerlifting in high school a couple of years ago, and I was deadlifting like I don't know, like four or fifty five or something, and I kind of just blew my back out and I herniated two of my discs.
Speaker 3: Balls one of them.
Speaker 10: So I was getting Cordo Cordico steroid injections nice. And granted I have not to get any of those in a long time because I've been going to the gym a lot more and working on my my abs, so I'm actually like doing a lot better. But yeah, back injuries are I'm supposed to help you from.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that just takes off posts.
Speaker 3: On your low b.
Speaker 7: I mean, I don't got no six pack, but like I'm.
Speaker 3: Actually is huge. Conor bounces the back. Is that some chats?
Speaker 1: It's okay, I was a minute and that's why I appreciate you. Yeah we I mean this is the minute show. I think, Yeah, I think we welcome it. Toxified or made the Woodward Sports Chats cross all shows toxically that kind of ship fly.
Speaker 3: I think I belave I King.
Speaker 6: I blame my King more than I blame us, and I King was cracking him.
Speaker 3: I know he left because because the whole crunch time situation we got. Is he back? Is he ever in your guys chat? Sometimes I king wars, Yeah, we got we gotta get that guy back. This guy's gotta come back. Man, he's got to know that.
Speaker 9: Yet he was good.
Speaker 3: We're broken off from the evil Empire, and and.
Speaker 6: I feel a way about that.
Speaker 11: Man.
Speaker 3: I kick was cool. Man, I've I enjoyed of it as shit. I was a man. Um shout out Thrive US.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can definitely tell you guys about Thrive. Listen, most people think energy comes in a sixteen ounce can full of sugar and neon color liquid. But listen, guys, you know better. It's time to upgrade your game with Thrive Energy pouches.
Speaker 4: This ain't Yo Dandy's dip.
Speaker 2: It's a tobacco free, nicotine free mental powerhouse packing three hundred milligrams of uh nic I'm sorry of a clean smart caffeine including Alpha GPC and l fianine, no jitters, no sugar crash, and zero bloating. Thrive can be found online at dip stop dot com. Remember to use promo code WSN for fifteen percent off your entire order, and exclusively at all market rush end Market Square locations Thrive clean energy, zero distractions. They just have thing work, a ton of sun, a ton.
Speaker 9: Of sports, and a ton of man.
Speaker 11: Welcome to the Woodward Heavyweights live daily.
Speaker 19: It's game on at artin Jakes, wings Burgers, pizza and ice cold drink served up with attention to detail. Wall to Wall TV's great service and a vibe that keeps your crew coming back. Artin Jakes a sports bar setting with a fine dining flavor.
Speaker 11: We don't like to brag that we are the toughest sports network in Detroit.
Speaker 4: But we do have a guy named Darren McCarty on our.
Speaker 9: Shove Woodward Sports.
Speaker 1: Massage Chairhouse. My guy, doctor Duncan hold down the corner of Long Lake Road. He has the number one massage chair of you channel on the internet. Makes you guys check it out. If I know a lot of guys don't live in state, go support a guy got young, Go leave a comment, tell them the Heavyweight since you make sure to come out the Massage Sharehouse the corner of Vert Long Lake Road or visit at Massage Cheerhouse dot com.
Speaker 3: Check it out, check it out. Do you guys have get concerned with Sam Laport coming back?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I mean like I said anytime, anytime it's a back injury, it's serious. But I'm but honestly, the sad truth is what makes me less worried is that you have a situation like Kirby where you feel like really bad about it, and so like you're like, okay, just a bad back, Like I'll like, I'll take that.
Speaker 3: I'll take that.
Speaker 6: It's said, it's a sad way to look at it, but honestly, it's partially how I look at it.
Speaker 2: I think it's also I think a little bit lessened by the fact that we're gonna have, you know, a tight end by committee and I've seen you know, this team go out and sign to Zach Ertz and him still will go out there and and perform even when he's, you know, thirty three years old. So I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 3: I'm not.
Speaker 2: I'm worried about Sam Laporta like coming back one hundred percent, but I'm not entirely worriedried about the impact on the overall offense.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I guess that's it.
Speaker 6: I guess my only fear would be, like would be like long term, like can he survive a season, because I think any time he can go I think he's going to give you value because he does do all the things. He's not just a guy where if he gets if he gets six catches, then you know he's useless. No, because he's a great run blocker, Like we talk about all the things he does that's not just catching passes. So I think that sample porter, as long as he is able to.
Speaker 3: Be on the field, will be valuable.
Speaker 1: Jeffer Labertini easy line about me, I just internet troll and the UAE. Mike Morris is better than man. I'm thinking he's better man than me for fully quitting.
Speaker 3: This makes me feel like have a string shout out, Laberto Labertini. Who's Mike Morrise the lawyer Helbertine would have know worse. He's not in Michigan no more.
Speaker 2: I mean if you tune into like Tigers games, Yeah, he's like every other.
Speaker 9: That is fair.
Speaker 1: She probably those things for sure. Mike Morris the edge rusher, you oh probably probably might be.
Speaker 3: Listen, I've seen the picks. He's not a small guy. I'll say that.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Mike Morris. Yeah he's a defensive end. He played for Michigan. Yeah, he's still for the I mean he's solid.
Speaker 3: Shame on me. Yeah, damn.
Speaker 6: All those sports guys in this room were all like, yeah, no, the lawyer.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's how good Mike Moore is doing advertising. Hit him up, get him on Woward He's like that is the first thing king in my mind was Mike Morris.
Speaker 6: Because he's every sports like game, local sports game, he's their commercial.
Speaker 2: Him or Sammy b Y Sammy.
Speaker 3: Thinking about it two yeah Chris, Yeah, well you said Sammy b.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's the streets, that's the streets.
Speaker 3: G Burnstem Yeah, back in the phone book days.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think some point will still be productive. I just don't know how long it lasts. The season, No way Labertine knows.
Speaker 3: The Mike Morris. That's crazy. I'm not surprised. I'm not either. That's hilarious.
Speaker 2: Probably does go out pop out in Qatar sometimes.
Speaker 6: A man I would say, hey man, he got to top all that oil money.
Speaker 3: You would a million dollars was the first place you're going? The first place I'm going? Yeah, I always said, I always said what I'm doing.
Speaker 6: Actually, if I get like a million dollars, I'm not going somewhere. I'm I'm buying a subdivision.
Speaker 1: Where are you going, I don't know where you're going. Are else doing where a you're going? What's the first location you're traveling.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you.
Speaker 6: I spend all my money building my own block, and then you're you have your own community, Your neighbors are your peo.
Speaker 3: Thanks for playing. But all right, if I'm playing a lot, if I'm playing along, if I'm playing a.
Speaker 6: Lot to the community, I can't say Italy because that's where I'm going this year, So he could be some could be if I really have some spots where it looks like I really I want to go to it, like the White Lotus wherever part of Italy that was at I want.
Speaker 2: To go there like it was up in the Because I was gonna say, was going to say, like northern Italy, Switzerland, where's all like the water, the coast of it, the coast, that's that's I mean, there's the east and west coast of Italy.
Speaker 4: I mean, you know they.
Speaker 3: Coast.
Speaker 4: You might be one.
Speaker 3: I've already done Hawaii.
Speaker 9: I enjoyed.
Speaker 3: Oh I would go Hawaii. I heard great things.
Speaker 7: I'm exploring Europe.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm more.
Speaker 3: I'm more like that's what you're doing.
Speaker 2: I give less of like f about like Germany or like Sweden. I'm more I'm staying around the Mediterranean. I'll go from you know, all the way from from Istanbul all the way to the Straits of Gibraltar, like just check all of it out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would get.
Speaker 1: If not somewhere like coastal, somewhere like historic, I probably would go to Europe.
Speaker 3: I'm I want to go to Germany for because I just want to see, Like Germany's around for ever, you know what I'm saying. They got some cool ship.
Speaker 2: German culture is like very interesting. It's very like you would like because of all the stuff in their past. They're so like rules like they are very you know, very what stuff in the past. Yeah, all right, you know.
Speaker 6: I might do Turks of Kesh. Just see what these rappers are talking about south by Southwest, Yeah, you know what.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm very curious about these two countries in general, and the jokes are gonna come already. So but Jamaica and Thailand those are two places where I've always like low key wanted to go.
Speaker 6: I mean, we know why, but yeah, funny, Jamaica, I've heard it's great. That's where my parents went for their honeymoon.
Speaker 3: Shout out.
Speaker 2: Stick loves Jamaica. Stick goes like every year. I'm pretty sure Jamaica would be sweet. I mean he probably, I mean he probably lives pretty close to Jamaica.
Speaker 9: All right, I have no clue.
Speaker 3: Little right over, Yeah somewhere.
Speaker 2: Where's he?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Uh, came in island. He's an island. That's all we can to address. Yeah yeah, what's his address? Let's doc put in the chat's doc. Remember when DNC pulled up Nick's address. Oh yeah, nice boy, he's just sold.
Speaker 2: Is literally a boat ride away from Jamaica though huh. Cayman Islands is like between like Cuba and Jamaica or not between. It's it's it's close. It would be literally like a little boat rid.
Speaker 3: All right. Let me tell you, guys.
Speaker 1: You're going to Spot to host your next party, event or get together, make sure head over the Black Rock Bar.
Speaker 3: And grow home with a steak in the stone.
Speaker 1: Whether it's a graduation party, baby shower, rehearsal dinner, or your next big watch party. Black Rock has the food, drinks, and atmosphere to make it unforgettable. And the best part, it's truly something for everybody. From hand crafted cocktails to refreshing mocktails, stacked burgers, incredible desserts in their famous steaks cooked right in the rock, or chef prepared perfection.
Speaker 3: Black Rocks got it all. Book your next event today at Blackrock Restaurants dot com.
Speaker 12: We don't like to brag that we are the toughest sports network in Detroit, but we.
Speaker 4: Do have a guy named Darren McCarty other.
Speaker 9: Shot Woodward Sports.
Speaker 12: The boys of Summer are ready to get back to the playoffs, and there's no better place to get your Tigers.
Speaker 9: Coverage than Woodward Sports.
Speaker 12: Join us all season long as we follow as.
Speaker 9: Our hometown Tigers claw and fights.
Speaker 3: This model is gone, and.
Speaker 9: There it was Woodward Sports.
Speaker 10: Here's of the original Detroit style pizza and is grateful to be your hometown favorite. Follow their social channels and join the reward program to see what they have planned throughout twenty twenty six. Add some Detroit style to your next event with Buddies Catering. Their menu was packed with fan favorites, including their award winning pizza, signature salads, homestyle pastas, and more. Save ten percent on your next catering order of two hundred dollars or more when you order with promo code ten meal. Visit Buddy Pizzas dot com slash Catering to view their complete menu and place your order today.
Speaker 3: What if we can bite whatever wits Live Which sports dot Com.
Speaker 1: I'd almost had a whole showing man Christopher Platty, Skywalker Gordo and the just Me Like Button.
Speaker 3: B Friant Old Friends shared his dream uh ever tee with a nurse two chase hip. But I know a guy that that knows the guy that robbed Mike Morse get the fuck out of here.
Speaker 4: Interesting at m R s E.
Speaker 3: So that's the football player, right? Or is that the or is that they don't ask me. I'm not doing it anymore.
Speaker 2: Mrs R s E is the lawyer. M R R I S is the football player.
Speaker 3: Damn that's crazy.
Speaker 9: Yeah, that's crazy.
Speaker 2: Shot us China Moreno also got robbed when he came in Detroit. Shout out deaft tones. He doesn't come here anymore. It's kind of fun, all right.
Speaker 3: Some updating the Dylan lark and stuff.
Speaker 1: First and foremost, my guy, Darren McCarty came on The Woodard Wings Show last night laid down the law in respectful way and wait, it is just the truth, to be honest with you. Like, it's different when it's us talking about the Dylan market situation and we're kind of dogging and we're kint trashing him.
Speaker 3: I don't necessarily felt I went that way. I thought I was kind of just being truthful. But like for Neil, I think Neil was going kind of hard.
Speaker 1: Yeah he was, But when it comes from Darren McCarty, it's completely valid and honestly beyond the validation of him being Darren fucking McCarty four times Stanley Cup champion.
Speaker 3: He also was spitting the truth as well too.
Speaker 1: Justin asked him, you know, Larkin talked a lot about loving man and that being part of the reason he signed and believe it in the Yser plan and all that just recently a couple months ago on the NHL network. So now we're questing the trade. D mac nothing, no, no cupcake, no, nothing soft about it.
Speaker 3: Called Dylan Larkin a liar, which technically yeah, he fucking lied. You lied, Well, that was a fucking lie. He lied. You're a part of it too. You mentioned.
Speaker 1: My guy, the guys in Florida, Vet skin h Barkoff, guys that stock and stayed and their shitty situations and they got reward with a Stanley Cup championship. As one point, right, even see Guyseran was here fourteen years before the things turn around for the Detroit Red Wings. Larkin taking the pussy way out.
Speaker 9: I went there.
Speaker 3: I went to specify potus.
Speaker 1: Dmac didn't say the pussy way out, but he said it's kind of soft. It's kind of soft to give up on your guys, especially as a captain. You know, we wanted you to go out there and recruit. You're the one that got recruited. He called, like he's fucking the neighbor's wife or something like that. He's cheating the relationship.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you was. I thought that was dope. Makes you guys go check that out. But I do have some updates in that.
Speaker 1: Allegedly Larkin may be open to going to Utah or Anaheim, which way better that you wags for Detroit. But in terms of trade value, a love teams have lots of young assets, lots of.
Speaker 3: Draft picks as well, go with that team friendly contracts. I'm all in on that one.
Speaker 1: The man with one a little bit more interesting though, because they also been linked to Sebastian Kosa.
Speaker 3: As part of that trade or in a separate trade.
Speaker 2: Cool if we can, if if he actually has value to somebody and we can get rid of him. Great, He's not even the number one starter in your Ahel team right now. It's Postava. So yeah, no, Sebastian cosa like best case scenario he was, he was gonna be that that bridge guy. Worst case scenario is not too far off from what we're experiencing right now. I mean, he's his value has absolutely tanked. So he's just a guy that I think he's not gonna be a red wing or in this organization for too much longer.
Speaker 3: So this one's from a Wing Wheel podcast. Uh, guys that iiser Man has.
Speaker 1: Gone back to Larkins camp to ask for more teams beyond Minnesota, Vegas and Florida. And you have to yeah, that's three teams, dude, which he sends is ark And in Britain. We're receptive to also other teams reaching out Dallas reached out.
Speaker 3: For Dylan right now.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, see this is okay. See now we're talking. Now we actually have some teams on the on the you know this maybe potential hypothetical trade list that actually have young guys in you know, in their development. They actually have you know, proven NHL you know veterans or guys that you know, maybe a little bit younger than what you would consider a veteran, but proven NHL ers that can go out there and when you games and aren't going to fall off the face of a cliff. As soon as you know, these legit teams start ramping up for playoffs. Because that's what we've seen over and over again with this Red Wings team is that they have a very talented team, but they're not built for the NHL playoffs and went slowly throughout the season. It kind of converts to that style of play we see, you know, later on in the year when these teams are going after each other fighting for these spots that they're basically playoff games, and those games are so much different. Fights in the corners are completely different, you know, the physicality, the speed, everything gets, you know, taken up a notch and the Red Wings right now as their roster is constructed, they can't handle that. And I think one of the biggest things is because Larkin does not have that playoff experience, he was his rookie year. He was in playoffs.
Speaker 11: That's it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think, I mean Ken, I don't want I want toe the line up being dispectful. But he's also known as like a soft player, and he's had the championship experience through four Nations in the Understanding Cup of the Olympics. Like you've gone against the top tier talent, You've you've been practicing with those guys.
Speaker 3: I just don't know if he's built that way.
Speaker 1: I mean, Sean I respect almost more than anybody, just as much as anybody would have come to breaking down Hockey has constantly consistently called him a two C. If he goes anywhere else it's a competing for a championship, He's probably gonna be that two C. I'm just curious, and I'm not as well versed with the Utah man as team is, Like who do they who do they have in exchange for Larkin? Like, I know they got a bunch of young guys, but who are those young guys?
Speaker 3: Do you know those? Gordon? Are you familiar with the roster? Are the mammoth?
Speaker 2: Oh uh? Not necessarily they have some really like impressive guys like Luke Cooley, you know some other like guys that I you know, I'll watch pretty regularly because late night. You know, those are one of the anaheim Utah, those are the kind of teams that we see. I think Justin was saying something about a trade with mc tavish that was interesting, but overall I would have to dig into that a little bit deeper. And yeah, also so check out Woodward Wings.
Speaker 6: What I take away from this is one thing is that was d mac right when you know he talked about because he was the first one to say it, like immediately in our chat. Then he took to the then he took to our our airwaves at we at Woodward Wings. Make sure you subscribe there if you're not, they're crushing it. Shout out to Justice, shot to Spencer, shot to d Mac. But he said that, you know, Isaman has the power, Iaman has the leverage here. And it comes down to a situation where I see this report of him maybe opening up to a couple more teams already being like answering d Max's question, how bad do you want to be here?
Speaker 3: How bad do you want to be here?
Speaker 6: So I think I look at this as like again, Steve Eiserman is pushing the right buttons, and I think that this is going to be more beneficial to the red Wings than we originally thought. That's how That's how I feel about it.
Speaker 3: D Mac called it. Shout out to Pete.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I think already you're seeing that, you know, the Larkin side, they budged first, and I think that's going to be really important going forward. I think it is going to be Larkin's side that is going to continue to have to move their line. I don't think Stevie's going to have to budge all that much because ultimately balls in his court, you know what I mean, Like it comes down to him to make the decision to you know, ship Larkin out of here, and and you know what deal he's going to take for that. Now obviously you know Dylan Lark and he's got a certain amount of agency, you know, himself with that no trade clause.
Speaker 4: And all that.
Speaker 2: But you know, we'll see, and I don't know, I'm very intrigued to see how this goes. And I almost see this as like a microcosm for what we'll see in the future with uh Terrek School a little bit, I hope, man I don't think it's gonna be this ugly, but I will.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I mean it's already been pretty ugly with Trek School. He's had to drop both his cy Young's on the table for arbitration. There's something about Chris Ilich and just yeah, I don't still want.
Speaker 3: To be here common thread. Even after all that, I feel like he still wants to be here, and we finally build up a team.
Speaker 1: I know, not everyone's happy with it, and like, yeah, they probably could invest a little bit more in hitting and come the offseason and maybe do this with the deadline too, But I think it's enough to compete. And obviously you're not gonna beat the fucking Dodgers. But that's the thing, even if the Tiger's falling behind, like I somewhere in there, the context of the injuries is completely lost when people are just shitting on the team like they're missing after fucking guys.
Speaker 3: Yeah you can carry by McGonagall and Dingler.
Speaker 1: You're the youngest guys on the team, yeah, rookie and your second year guy which brought Dingle was a fucking stut.
Speaker 2: No, he's an absolutely two years ago this. I mean, I get a little bit concerned because you know, catchers oftentimes they kind of like we saw it just a few years ago with a Wretchman out of Baltimore, Like, yeah, exactly, Well, you know, the injuries, the stuff kind of adds up. Catcher is one of those positions where, you know, it does physically wear you down quite a bit. But Dylan Dingler he's got everything. He's got all the potential, he's got the you know, the power to you know, swing it, you know, and you know, get that ball over four hundred feet and uh, you know, he also has just so many different tools on defense, the pickoffs, the you know, the he's my petty king man. He's really good at those abs challenges, keeping the umps and check. So yeah, everything that he does, dude, he's got a lot going on.
Speaker 6: For him, plays out what's what's up. I'm just excited to see how the whole arking thing plays out, to be honest with you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think.
Speaker 1: I mean that's the one thing d Max said too, And I had that feeling as well, that it's ultimately gonna be what's best for the Red Wings. Yes, and I agree, Like I think Spinning also made a great point. This is when the New News initially broke is like, again, I think Dylan is not you know, I think you're kind of soft. I think that's just the change of leadership from Dylan to a guy like Moe is automatically gonna make your team a little bit more physical, a little more tougher, you know. And so I'm here for that part of it. And also you're gonna get in the return of it, and I do. I do trust Ev. I think he's dropped the ball at other times at the deadline or Tray's have been on the table for him, like for Quinn Hughes. But I think there's more of him being stingy at this point. He's not really being stingy and not wanting to give up anything. Larkin's going. Larkin's gone, and obviously you know, they haven't brought up co so yet this year. They're gonna have to, just because you're gonna lose him if you don't. So it looks like they're gonna trade him too, Like this is a situation. He's being stingy. These pieces are going, So I'm still confident Steve to do that. It's not like a, oh, Steve's not willing to get rid of Evanson for it. I get pissed off every time I say that.
Speaker 2: To be I would, I would abandon the cosa seeing Coosa in the crease with a winged wheel on. Pastava has shown already that he has, you know, better control of the crease. He's got just a better eye for the part.
Speaker 3: Like every time I didn't even give um a shot a clear tell sign too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean last season you know.
Speaker 3: What he is and lose a little bit of value.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I mean I I definitely understand that. It's kind of a weird balancing game where you're like, Okay, we need to get this kid experience, but at the same time, like what if it doesn't go well, we want to ship him off and everybody, you know, we get caught with their pants down. You know, It's it's a weird situation. But I think Pastava is definitely going to be a good well right now. John Gibson is our bridge a goalie. I mean, he's absolutely fantastic. He was one of the best goaltenders in the entire NHL last year, and you the Detroit Red Wings would have not been in nearly as good of a position that they you know, ended up in last season if it were not for a John Gibson.
Speaker 3: In Augusty too.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, And that's that's that's the thing. That's where we're really waiting for, you know, to see him the truly blossom because he has all the tools. He's you know, shown that he can be the number one guy at you know, his level of hockey's he was the best you know goaltender in college hockey, you know, just last season and now you know, the guy's a limit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm still going to hold out faith Phil that map trade comes to fruition.
Speaker 3: Oh man, That's that's what I want that hockey town to be. So back would be so bad. I mean, no respect to Mo, but we'd have like a true blue star.
Speaker 2: I'm saying blue, but it's it's because of his position. I mean, like, you know, the defense of the defense.
Speaker 3: He had seventeen goals this year, if that you know, but I will.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but Quhen Hughes, I believe he finished lower than lower.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but m would be the piece.
Speaker 2: That's that's the one one thousand and.
Speaker 3: I feel like it costs you less, Yeah, because he's unproven.
Speaker 4: He is.
Speaker 2: I really love Gavin mckennery. You hear about how he guy, Yeah, he talking about his mom. Yeah, dude, that's seat respects.
Speaker 3: What we need.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And when I was listening to d MA two, we saw about bark Off, We talked about Ovi, those guys like thugging it out and then altimately one of the you know, the cups still give me a Russian, give me a badass Russian, a retreat of Minnesota, throwing cosa.
Speaker 3: And go get a fox his face. Who's the score? They got the Russian dude. Uh, and we're at Minnesota.
Speaker 2: Oh uh, career caprice Off. Maybe there's a reason they call him the Karellian air bro. He's like the highest paid player and fucking one of the highest Yeah, okay, anyways, Uh, maybe you could get Uh No, honestly, I don't think there's really like anybody out of that top core that you could pull away from.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: Like you you would have a better chance at getting a charge uh you know McAvoy out of Boston than you would getting a Boldie or good luck.
Speaker 3: No, No, I'm saying I'd be down for Charlie.
Speaker 2: McVoy is one of the better defensive, you know, young defensive players in the entire league.
Speaker 3: All right, get anything in the hockey for coming back to millbeg.
Speaker 6: Honestly, now, not really, I'm just curious to see how it all plays out.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 6: I think that it's clear. I mean, we were saying that the Wings needed a drastic shift and we didn't know what it was because you shifted coach already, you shifted you know all of these other things. So I feel like this is honestly the blessing in disguise, I really do. I think that this is going to maybe not for the next couple of years, but I think it's in the future. It's going to pay off man and child opportunity with one more super chat.
Speaker 3: This is dedicated to the uh.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 6: This dedicated to Heavies for their for their Sabbathan Booner ruined any donation by coming back in the chat shout out. I'll see you guys, uh in Michigan in July. Man, Guys, I look, I I don't like to myself in the middle of confrontations because at the end of the day, every man is their own man. They do their own decisions. But this shouldn't be that deep. It's sports talk, man, It's sports talk. I have a lot of people who I disagree with quite often, and at the end of the day, I'm still friends with them, I'm still cool with them, or I just direct my focus elsewhere. Man, Like I don't you know, I appreciate you, Labutunia, I appreciate I appreciate Booner. I don't want to get in the middle of it. But at the end of the day, I feel like this shouldn't be that deep. Man, it's sports.
Speaker 3: Let's go to breakdowns about sabathon. Let me tell you about the subathon.
Speaker 11: Man.
Speaker 6: The Subbathon is coming next Friday. Man, can't wait for it for the subbathal Man, it is going to be so fun. We got so many things planned and lined up for you. It's twenty four hours. All of your favorite Willward Sports crew people will be there and more. We have special guests coming. We have all sorts of incentives coming.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 6: We're gonna have games going on, competitions, all sorts of things.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 6: We are gonna be streaming for up to twenty four hours, and that is decided by you guys, by the chat man. So we appreciate you all. We can't wait to see the last time it was fun. We made it seventeen hours. This time we're going for twenty four hours. Man, help us make that go with the subad Woodward Heavyweights right here June nineteenth, check it out.
Speaker 12: The hunting season is almost to here, Detroits and your Lions are on the prow. Make sure you're locked into Woodward Sports for all the Dan Campbell reactions, Jared Goff touchdowns, com and Roth first Downs, Kenny Pancakes, Kirmy Picks, Gimm's big plays, and of course Jack.
Speaker 11: Fox his leg Yesday.
Speaker 12: Locked in on all your Lions coverage right here on Detroit's number one sports network Sports. The next generation of Detroit sports media is here. Crunch Time is back on Woodwards Sports. Join Jeffi of Friday and Booner Mondays through Friday eleven am to one BM, taking Detroit sports coverage to the next level with massive interviews, viral moments, and the best live reactions. Get ready to Detroit. The young guns are taking over cunch time.
Speaker 9: On Woodwards Sports.
Speaker 3: Listen Man Loom.
Speaker 6: They got their new buzz and and the drinks all hang no hangover. Seven point five milligrams of THC, one hundred milligrants of caffeine the Perfect Balance, and you get thirty percent off your entire order by using the promo code WSN thirty when you visit online or your first visit WSN thirty for thirty percent off. Scan the QR code right above my head to shout today it's Loom Cannabis.
Speaker 3: Check it out, Bone Journal. What are the wasised liab which sports Dot Com? Im as you must have been more? X is not here, your fucking guy, bitch, Let's get the mail bags.
Speaker 5: In mail bag?
Speaker 2: Hey, real quick, shout out kJ obay in the chat. Yeah, I did see what happened with that that Nationals game? Holy ship man letting up five runs in the eighth inning, then five runs in the ninth when you were up nine to one. Absolute choke job. National season is over. I mean it never really started, but it's over.
Speaker 3: I'm always like, uh, I mean the National has been around.
Speaker 1: I guess I'm just like some of those teams that no one ever is given the Utah Jazz.
Speaker 3: Yeah, outside when they had a p do you know doing all the time, they had.
Speaker 6: The worst I had the best pick and roll, but they had the worst human beings in.
Speaker 2: That What did John Stockton do did he like know about it and cover it up?
Speaker 6: Or I want to know about that?
Speaker 3: I don't know you knew? I mean actually Mia was like Malone?
Speaker 7: Yeah, Malone.
Speaker 2: We all know Malone's piece of ship.
Speaker 4: But like what he was.
Speaker 6: Unon and all that ship, Like Stockton, like he's got some he's got some weird stuff going on about him or q on or whatever.
Speaker 3: I never I never got into that, don't know, like a super duper like conspiracy theorists and stuff like.
Speaker 6: I don't do we really want to get into this because.
Speaker 3: I know this show's ridiculous.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I don't know what it is, but I know that there's a reason a lot of people don't like him. I don't care to dive into people's personal lives like that.
Speaker 2: So God, I don't know, Wait what.
Speaker 9: Do you mean?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 6: For like for John Stockton, I just know a lot of people say he's just as bad as Carlble.
Speaker 3: I find that hard to believe because I know what Carl did and that's crazy.
Speaker 2: May We got a mail bag in there from Jesse Woodward. Is your confidence in the Tigers back yet?
Speaker 3: Also?
Speaker 2: Do the Tigers take the series tonight against the Twins?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 2: Damn good chance. I mean we we went through like seven of their pitchers last night in their bullpen, and they have one of the worst bullpens in the league, so we're going to see it. In my opinion, I think we're going to see a little bit of you know, May Tigers in these uh you know June twins, and uh yeah, they're you know, their starter might come out and put up a half decent performance, but when you get around to their bullpen, they are cooked.
Speaker 1: My confidence is back with Tigers, who go back allegedly as soon as this Sunday.
Speaker 3: I'm there. Are you big your big baseball guy, Skywalker?
Speaker 7: I mean I watched Tigers when I can.
Speaker 9: Nice, That's that's easy.
Speaker 3: I like this one for kJ obay mail bag.
Speaker 6: If the Knicks win the finals, do we blame Neil for jinxing the Spurs like he jinks the Commander's game and the Tigers?
Speaker 3: Who do you Who do you blame? Do you blame an?
Speaker 1: We're going with the Peasants, bet blame both. I want to answer the retire of the Peasants bit. I don't think it's picked up any type of steam.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't think at all. Zero I answered, but like this has we support before our guys.
Speaker 1: I think the gotta get retired and then yeah, Neil is I think where Neil takes majority of it.
Speaker 3: Is like he's just been like the Jinks of the network. He did it with the Tigers and he's done with the Lions. Yes, and now they're saying they're saying he's doing it with the Knicks.
Speaker 2: We got another interesting one in here from Burning Issues five to one seven mail bag. Will the Lions improve on their defense time to pressure rate?
Speaker 3: Uh this year?
Speaker 2: And does that translate to more sacks and turnovers?
Speaker 3: God? I hope so they have to.
Speaker 2: I mean it was god awful last season. They they they took forever to get to the quarterback.
Speaker 4: They have to.
Speaker 3: What was the question?
Speaker 2: Uh, he was just wondering, and do you think we're gonna get to the quarterback faster? This defensive lion has the pieces to you know, you know, get get into the pocket and muck things up at a quicker rate.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I think so. I think Tyer League is more likely to rush the quarterback than DJ reader. I think we'll get a healthy Alien mcneilback. I mean he's talking about feeling different He could just be giving us the same ship we always get from every athlete when they come back from injury.
Speaker 3: Who knows, but.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Hutch Alien Tyler stepping up. I think I think we'll get a better pass rushing.
Speaker 6: There was I think it was Steve ob Baby, I'm trying to find it that said mail bag, who's winning the championship in Detroit First, Well, if we're allowed to, if we're allowed to vote on the newest Detroit sport, yeah, they're going for it. But he bet amongst the four majors. He's like, the easy answer is pissed since But you know, I mean, look baseball, baseball, and football they flip like, do you.
Speaker 3: You saying we can't win a Super Bowl?
Speaker 6: Jared Goff, I'm saying it's very God, I'm saying it's very unlikely, because can't would just be ridiculous.
Speaker 3: You can't do that, It's impossible.
Speaker 2: I will say this, as soon as if Trek School is no longer a Tiger, there'll go your chances of having a World.
Speaker 6: Series Dante one five one mail sack where there'll be video games at the Heavies twenty four hours Extravaganins the.
Speaker 3: Next Friday, there should be.
Speaker 6: I got Madden, I got two K, and I got college football. If I got my live back in two K against Chris Yeah, no, I was.
Speaker 3: I was hammered.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, fucking right. I also told you I'm not that nice that you also had the Warriors at the Pistons at the time.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but I had the Warriors with the injuries on. So it was no Steph. It was no Steph. It was I had Draymond, but I had no Steph. I was trying to give you buckets with Brandon Pasjimski.
Speaker 3: Don't believe. Yeah, that's not how narrative.
Speaker 2: Real quick, before we get out of here, aren't vandal and the chat? How haven't any UFC fighters shown up on the streets of New York tonight with a Spurs jersey on? Dude? Imagine Sean Strickland just like in a in a circle like Knicks fans everywhere.
Speaker 6: Free permissions to fight multiple people too, Dude. Honestly, if I'm a UFC like person trying to climb the ranks, I do it.
Speaker 3: I do it.
Speaker 2: That That's the thing, though, Like you gotta you gotta register your weapons or your hands as weapons.
Speaker 3: Bro, like, oh, yeah, that is crazy.
Speaker 1: New York is a little different on those stuff in most places. Why us so long before the return of New York.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I think if you like go out and get in fights with like random people like you, if you don't have like crazy money, you can be charged.
Speaker 3: Like yeah, all right, guys, it's seven o two. We gave you over time. Oh I saw Chris.
Speaker 6: This is the will where heavyweights. Thank y'all for tapping in. I am Chris, pity ak platty pas with my dogs speak easy.
Speaker 3: The person who brought me here. There we go. Yeah, there you go. I'll give you.
Speaker 6: I'll give you a time on the ones, on the ones and twos. We got Gordo on sound filling in for Nick.
Speaker 3: We got.
Speaker 6: Skywalker.
Speaker 3: That's what we got.
Speaker 6: Skywalker. Shout out to Spencer Man. He is not He is not dead, as Danny g said. He is alive and well. He is at a he is at a soccer game. He will be back tomorrow. I will not be I'm headed up north for a batchelor trip my boys. Shout out to David, Shout out to Mats. Shouts everybody. It's gonna be a good time. We'll see you guys tomorrow. I'll see you guys next week.
Speaker 3: Peace.
Speaker 4: Peace,