Speaker 1: It's Nightside with Dan Ray. I'm WBZ Boston's new radio.
Speaker 2: Our number two of Nightside has begun and under three hours in ticking of twenty twenty four, roll out the red carpet for twenty twenty five. I've known this gentleman for decades. Decades, that's ten years at a time, plural, and he has worked on two, if not three radio stations in the greater Boston market. He was a winner and inducted into the Broadcasters Hall of Fame. He came from New York, but don't hold that against him, because he adjusted to the Boston sports team and put the Yankee. He's in a proper position behind the Red Sox. And I am so proud to be able to call him a good friend. Ken Myers is here and he and I have a game for you to join us and play. Happy New Year and good evening, Ken, Happy.
Speaker 3: New Year, Morgan. This is and this is not the first New Year's Eve that you and I have spent together.
Speaker 2: No, it isn't, No, it isn't, And who knows we might do it again.
Speaker 3: We'll have to wait a whole year to find out.
Speaker 2: Good Lord willing, Well, we'll find out roughly eleven months from now. So yeah, let me explain my game and why I've chosen you to help me play it. And you're inspirational. You have been inducted into the Hall of Fame, the New England Broadcasters Hall of Fame, and that was what five six years ago.
Speaker 3: Yep, I was twenty eleven, and I still can't believe it. I still can't believe it. I you know, I listened to you, and I listened to Dan Ray and like and hear you do interviews with Roger Dakowitz. I don't have a broken leg, but it's just like one, no no thing. I know where I can get one.
Speaker 4: Though.
Speaker 3: It's just unbelievable when I sit back and think about it, because at the time I was doing it, I had absolutely no idea or like anything like that would happen. It was a job that I loved and I look forward to coming into BZ every night to go to work and even in the daytime and to meet the celebrity guests that we were able to meet or talk to on the phone. And I look back at it now and just say, wow, wow, yeah, Mercy, Yeah, I had him on. As a matter of fact, the night that the Red Sox unfortunately lost to the Yankees in the seventy eight playoff Game one game playoff. I was good friends with net at the time, and I called him and said, I was doing calling all sports on Saturday nights, and I said, you know, can you come in and be with me for a couple of hours. I didn't think he would do it, but he did it, and he was very brave. And as a matter of fact, a columnist from Philadelphia was in Syracuse at the time and heard the broadcast and the Phillies were looking for our broadcaster at the time, and he went on a one man campaign to try and get them to hire Ned Martin because I because I had him on the air. But Ned was a very dear friend of mine. I miss him to this day. But he was very nice to me, and you know, I had a chance to sit with him in the broadcast booth and it was something that I'll always remember.
Speaker 2: Well. As I said, your induction into the Hall of Fame made me come up with a Hall of Fame of TV actors. And when you say actors, it incorporates both sexes actors and actresses.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 2: And I had to come up with some parameters, just couldn't put everybody in, so they had to be prime time. They had to have the TV series on in primetime, which back in the day began at seven point thirty it's now eight o'clock to eleven. And they had to have at least ten years. So there were some guarantees. James Arnest twenty years of playing Matt Dillon guaranteed.
Speaker 3: He's in, Yeah, or.
Speaker 2: Any of the cast the major cast of Big Bang Theory to put in a current currently known TV series, but in between then gun Smoke and now twenty twenty four twenty twenty five TV series, I came up with twenty five names of people who count, and I'm gonna do war. You didn't have more two hours ago.
Speaker 3: Well it was two hours ago. I got struck by Magic Yeah.
Speaker 2: Because I said I've got twenty five, and he said, well, I don't have that many, And in two hours you came up with that. You you you Kenjamin you.
Speaker 3: All right, hang on one second, let me say this here. Okay, okay, Raymond.
Speaker 2: Burr he counts because Perry Mason ran nine years and Ironside ran seven to eight. So that's easily adding up to ten plus Carol O'Connor. Carol O'Connor counts with the all in the Family, Archie Bunker series plural and in the Heat of the Night Chuck Connors I have, as a matter of fact, I have all three of these names, and Chuck Corner's counts. Uh. Do you know the answers for Chuck Harniff's.
Speaker 3: Kin, Well, I think so. The Rifleman was one that ran lasted for five years, arrest and trial.
Speaker 2: Arresting, trial counts.
Speaker 3: How many years that I don't know. I only know the name of the I only know the shows that he was on, But I don't know how many years that ran? Years it ran, I would well, it had to be after The Rifleman, which ended in sixty three, correct, so I would say sixty four.
Speaker 2: Okay, but now how many keep going, Mike Connor, No, no, no, no, no, we're dealing with Chuck Corn's this other series.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, I thought you wanted me to go to the next one. No, no, he did, Yeah he did that. He did branded.
Speaker 2: Three yep, yep.
Speaker 3: I love that theme song on Cowboy in Africa.
Speaker 2: Another one, Yeah, series, very good, yep. He played the Cowboy Jim Sinclair.
Speaker 5: And that's another name.
Speaker 3: Okay, Mike Connors do the same thing. Well he did. He did two series at least that I knew of Mannix.
Speaker 2: And how many years did Mannix run.
Speaker 3: That that? I think that ran for about six years.
Speaker 6: And he.
Speaker 3: Did a series which I loved and wish it had gone on much longer. And that was tight Rope. I love that show. Love you Have Anything?
Speaker 2: You have a third series?
Speaker 3: Yeah, he did the he did an FBI program.
Speaker 2: Today's FBI. Very good. Now I've got to take a break. So now that we've set the stage, you want to call in show off, give us a name, a couple names of people who starre in TV series that ran a total of ten plus years six one, seven, two, five, four, ten thirty or eight eight, eight, nine to nine, ten, ten thirty. The time is ten sixteen. The temperature is forty four degrees.
Speaker 1: Now back to Dan Way live from the Window World Licensed Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 2: We're back. I was just chit chatting and Rob and tell you what. Paul in Plymouth start us off with my game. Say hello to Kenny.
Speaker 3: Oh hi, Kenny, how are you? How you doing? Morgan?
Speaker 2: I'm doing.
Speaker 7: You, Yes, sir, how about Jack Klugman. Yep, he's the name my guy, and give me the series. Uh he was in the Odd Couple and uh he was in Quinsy and there you go.
Speaker 3: One of my favorites.
Speaker 4: That's it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, those that show.
Speaker 2: Now, did you have any more? Was one enough?
Speaker 3: Well? I could take up a whole bunch of Dick van Dyke got him. I got him.
Speaker 2: Because he had five years on the Dick Van Dyke Show, three years with the new Dick Van Dyke in Diagnosis Murder. I think that was on for four or five seasons, so that makes plus ten.
Speaker 3: Yes, I could probably name a whole bunch more of it. I don't want to kick you.
Speaker 2: Know what, I'm going to limit people to three for one reason. Somebody may be calling in and they're gonna say, oh, mister Red. I know that is not a correct answer, but as an example, if somebody called in to say three names and then to mister Red, that means no one else is going to be able to use mister Red.
Speaker 3: Right right, right, okay, all right.
Speaker 2: Paul, So thank you for calling. Why are you home on New Year's Eve?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 3: Oh, I don't go out anymore. You know, too many drunks out on the road and dangerous. Yeah, you know. So anyways, well you have a happy new year and you too, always love your program. Okay, thanks Morgan By.
Speaker 2: Now, well, thank you for the call.
Speaker 6: By.
Speaker 2: Let's go to Newton and speak to Jack.
Speaker 3: Jack.
Speaker 2: Good evening, you're next.
Speaker 6: I'm a writer, what a book? What is culture? And as that on westerns? You know it's a high culture, right, A lot of stuff that's underestimated.
Speaker 2: There are a lot of people both both Chuck Carnis was mentioned. Kenny mentioned them first. I had them on my list and we went over his series, and three of his series all had a Western feel. So are you going to come up with somebody else who did a Western?
Speaker 6: Yeah? My favorite guy, well, a lot of them. My favorite I love Ward Bond. Wait wait, back up, back up, back up.
Speaker 2: Jack would Bond did not have ten years of primetime service, and.
Speaker 3: He also didn't have one series.
Speaker 2: Mccantire right, he would Bond had eight years of Wagon Train and that was it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, correct, Well, the post I was going to mention it again. I don't know the years that much, but I go to a something called the scholars are pasted in Williamsburg, and they have some people from the Western And the guy who I really love is Robert Fuller.
Speaker 3: Robert Fuller and Robert Fuller.
Speaker 2: Let me think Robert Fuller with Laramie, Robert Fuller with wagon train, and Robert Fuller with emergency. And he gets ten plus very good.
Speaker 3: And he's had alive one that I didn't have.
Speaker 6: He's still alive.
Speaker 3: He is still alive.
Speaker 2: You didn't think of Robert Fuller. No, No, his shows were in your strike zone fifteen.
Speaker 3: I know that I'm not I'm not perfect, but you told me you were to a degree.
Speaker 2: Yes, you.
Speaker 6: Show mister Morgan. Uh, he's alive and kicking. He comes to all the nostalgia festivals in Williamsburg the Western Earth.
Speaker 2: If you get his phone number for me, I would be very thankful.
Speaker 6: Well, i'll tell you if you contact the organizers of of the festival in Williamsburg every year. Uh, and they would have it. I'll try to look it up to you. Okay, Oh, well, I'll try to get They appreciate that. And he has a Massachusetts connection. I think he's from Cape Cod and he lived in Key West and so yeah, I'll try to find out for you.
Speaker 2: Okay, I would appreciate that, Jack, Thank you. All right, Happy New Year in Watertown. You're next here on night side.
Speaker 8: Hey, how are you imp a year?
Speaker 4: Hey?
Speaker 3: What about it? O'Neil? And I'm married with children? He had a ten year show.
Speaker 2: He counts because married with Children was on eleven years, good old old Bundy, you know. And he had that second series Family Modern Family.
Speaker 3: Right right, So I don't know if that's been on ten years.
Speaker 4: Old, is it?
Speaker 2: No? No, no, no no, uh married with children in eleven years, so he's he's in automatically.
Speaker 3: Right, all right. I just wanted to throw that in there, and like I say, happy New Year.
Speaker 2: Why are you home?
Speaker 3: Why am I home? Well? I just had one of my toes. I have potato yesterday, so that's why I'm home.
Speaker 2: That's a good reason.
Speaker 3: Diabetic reason. All right. Well, I don't want somebody who lost you know, somebody that lost five toes. Well they choose you what they do when you got a toe problem, because there's always that little disease hiding somewhere in your bones. So they really take all five they wanted to take. Like I already had my big toe taken off and then they wanted to take off the rest of my stay. No, no, no, I still want to ride my bicycle. So they took the toe next to the little toe man. You know I'm walking around. I don't feel bad?
Speaker 2: All right now?
Speaker 3: Well goodbye?
Speaker 2: Can I Happy New Year to you? Bye bye? Six four ten thirty eight eight eight nine to nineteen thirty. Let me re explain the game. And there's no right, Well, there are wrong answers, but we don't chastise you if you say somebody that doesn't fit the criteria minimum minimum of ten years. I say that because there'll be people who won't follow directions. All right? And what was the other that? It doesn't matter. You heard what Ken and I have said. There's one open line. You want to take it?
Speaker 9: Allison in Arlington, Hello, Kenny, Hello Morgan. How are you guys doing? Happy New Year?
Speaker 2: Hanging on with.
Speaker 3: Since we got a couple of.
Speaker 9: Boston legends on here and we're on wb Z, I figured a little Boston flair and mentioned Ted dancing from Cheers and also Becker.
Speaker 2: And he had a third one too.
Speaker 9: Yeah I can't remember that, Yeah, where he played God?
Speaker 8: I think well, Ted, I thought we were talking to him on the air, and did you have another name?
Speaker 9: Well, I guess Kelsey Grammar from Cheers because he also ended up doing Frasier. I think that was almost ten years and he had been on Cheers for several years.
Speaker 2: So has he give that character? He had it on Cheers, then he had it on his own with Seattle is the backdrop, and they brought it back. He can't pack to Boston.
Speaker 9: Oh he you know, he got a shick.
Speaker 10: And it worked for him.
Speaker 2: That's right. Paycheck, that's all that matters, getting a paycheck.
Speaker 3: I got that right.
Speaker 2: Why are you home on New Year's Eve?
Speaker 3: I am specifically home to Lint keed Meyer on wb Z Radio.
Speaker 5: I've been a.
Speaker 3: Fan for forty years.
Speaker 2: And how did you know Kim was going to be on?
Speaker 9: Because I'm on the VIP list and I found out.
Speaker 2: Ah, okay, because I always plug who's coming on with me and the upcoming? So Ken, where have you been hiding? Allison?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 3: All over, all over. We've we've known each other for over forty years. When she called me the first the first time she called she was eleven years old.
Speaker 2: Oh and now she's.
Speaker 3: Only sixteen, that's right.
Speaker 9: And Ken's only thirty nine.
Speaker 3: I wish I said, that's that Phil Harris. Once I interviewed Phil Harrison and I said, Phil, I'm only thirty nine, and he said, I've heard that one before.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how about that?
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Now you listen to some of the earliest old time radio stuff like the early Sipper McGee and Mollie's and you realize, wow, that was almost one hundred years ago.
Speaker 3: Yes, think about heavenly days and don't forget me.
Speaker 2: All right, Allison, thank you for your calling.
Speaker 3: Happy New Year, same to you, Thank you, bye bye.
Speaker 2: Now there's one line available six one, seven, two, five, four, ten, thirty eight eight eight nine two nineteen thirty and can I told you this will be a fun game. The open line has already been taken. We've got full lines on this subject. And I have you to think real quick. Was I right when I said two different radio stations both EEI and.
Speaker 11: B Z.
Speaker 3: Uh Yeah, yes, and uh the the for a while new w.
Speaker 2: Me e x ah. Yes, that's right too, and.
Speaker 3: Did a Saturday morning show that's why you're in the Hall of Fame ken Yeah. Well, I was lucky and it was it was fun. I had been off the air for a long time before I got the chance to be on w m e X and that was a lot of fun too. I enjoyed that.
Speaker 2: And you're doing a station for the city of Boston, right.
Speaker 12: Yes, yes, yeah, yeah, I'm doing an internet program for the city and it's on Saturday nights.
Speaker 3: At seven o'clock. And after it's broadcast, it's it's downloaded and if people go to Boston Boston dot podbean dot com, they can find all the shows.
Speaker 2: If you said that, we're more confidence, I'll believe you. Let me take a break here. You're gonna have a quick in the news, couple of commercials, and Ken and I will be back here on nightside after these messages. Time nine thirty temperature in Boston forty four degrees.
Speaker 1: Side with Dan Ray on WBZ, Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: I know from personal experience that there are people out and about on the streets of Boston City haul the waterfront. You've got your radio one with airbouds or whatever device that makes it easy for you to be listening to WBZ while you were celebrating Boston's first night. So I'm going to say hello to you, and for three or four years in a row, I was part of First Night at the Old Hines Auditorium. So if any people who had seen me doing my trivia shtick at the Hines back in the day, give me call tonight. I'd love to hear from you and Kim. We've got full lines, believe it or not. So let's go to Westwood, Aline Doreene speak to George George. Happy New Year to you.
Speaker 3: Uncle George. Happy New Year, Morgan, Happy new Year, Tim? How are you coold?
Speaker 4: How are you?
Speaker 3: Couldn't be better?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 3: Actually, I left my summer house on Cape Caught about an hour ago, and I'm almost at my cousin's house, and then I'm to celebrate the new year, just in case Morgan asked me what I'm doing home?
Speaker 2: Okay, So do you have an entry into our little game of Hall of Fame?
Speaker 3: Absolutely after somebody mentioned Dick glend I actually immediately I thought of Mary Tyler Moore.
Speaker 2: She's in there.
Speaker 3: Don't think anybody said it. Yeah, yep.
Speaker 13: My second. My second one is Jerry Seinfeld. I believe he's in there too, yep. And then the third one, my favorite actor is Christopher George. He's not in there, however, A co star of his in the Rat Patrol. Eric Brden should be in the roleshow between the Rat Patrol and Young and the Restless.
Speaker 2: Wrong, they have God in prime time. Young and the Restless is in daytime in twelve thirty to one thirty, so they've got to be in prime time.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm sorry I did not hear that part. I apologize those are two. You don't have a happy New Year anyway, yes, but you.
Speaker 2: Want you to pick people in prime time in a total of ten years, either one or more than one series.
Speaker 3: All right, have a happy, happy New Year, gentlemen, and let's make it a healthy twenty twenty five. On the nose, I surely hope so, I hope so.
Speaker 2: George's line is open and available. Six four, ten thirty eight, eight, eight nine to nineteen thirty. I should let Ken give the numbers, because he's so familiar with these numbers. He's given them many, many thousands of times in his career. At to Boston and speak to Michael.
Speaker 3: Michael, good evening, Happy New York to you, Happy to you every New Year. I think, uh, a gentleman by the name of Harry Morgan comes to mind. H I think absolutely vision I go back to uh, I'm thinking of the shepher Bride in the early fifties.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 3: And there was a Gladys and Dragnet. Lot in between.
Speaker 10: There was a series of Dennis Weaver that was Dragnet with Jack Webbs. I think that was five or six years or more.
Speaker 2: A series with Dennis Weavers called Kentucky Jones.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you have the list there. I know there were twelve, something like twelve.
Speaker 2: Harry Morgan was in twelve different series.
Speaker 3: Yes, Gosh Morgan, Harry Morgan. Yeah, I don't think he was in I never thought he was in twelve. I know we did December Brian, he did Pete Gladys, he did Dragnet, and he did Mash. And that's for Josh after Mash.
Speaker 2: After Mash is true.
Speaker 3: You can't take it with you.
Speaker 2: And don't recall that one.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Maybe that lasted a little over a year. That was not a long run. Okay, I'll have to go over the list. I know at one time I counted twelve. He was all over the place.
Speaker 2: So that's that's the neces necessity to enter.
Speaker 1: I was ay to.
Speaker 3: Of Darren McGavin.
Speaker 10: If you go back to crime photographer in the fifties and Mike Hammer I think ran three or four years, and then there was Riverboat Uh that ran three years I think, and then Coleshak.
Speaker 3: Is that equal ten?
Speaker 2: I'm going I'm going to say, I'm giving it to you because I loved I had on a writer who wrote a book You'll Shoot your Eye out, based on the Christmas Story movie just two weeks ago. Yes, I heard talked about talked about Darren mcgaffn.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I did. I heard that show Morgan is very good.
Speaker 2: And Nancy sitting next to me just looked up Harry Morgan and under his bio it said he had ten different TV series.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, well double digits. I said twelve.
Speaker 2: All right, Well there you go, Michael, Michael, thank you, thank you, Happy New Year six four ten thirty or eight eight eight nine two nineteen thirty. That line's open and available, and if you dial it quick like a buddy, you'll be the third person that we speak to here on Night Side. My name is Morgan White Junior, filling in for Dan Ray, my guest. Are you ready, sir, I'm ready, Reay.
Speaker 3: Take your bow, Okay, I just did.
Speaker 2: Keim Myer is here and I'm trying to read this. Somebody has just called in Danis Smith and mail for Melinda. They are the person that just took that vacated line. But let me go to line too, Pat and Pembroke, Pat, Happy New Year and welcome tonight's.
Speaker 14: Side, tamping New Morgan and Ken. I just called to say that Happy New Year. And I'm not sure it's probably not time time, but one.
Speaker 2: Green, oh please? Bonanza just himself. Well, he was a detective called Griff and I said.
Speaker 3: He called it. He called it grief.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for one year and go ahead, Ken.
Speaker 3: When I interviewed him, that was one of the shows that I mentioned, I said, I I remember Griff, and he said, I prefer to think of it as grief.
Speaker 2: An hour and hour I watched an awe No human being could match the d.
Speaker 3: Ringo in nineteen sixty five during the Bonanza series.
Speaker 2: Yep. And he was also in Battlestock Galactica. He was a domin so he counts Bonanza alone.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that that that show was fourteen years yep.
Speaker 14: And can I ask his Ken ever been on any of the television sports shows.
Speaker 3: I did a show one night on Channel two a long time ago with Upton Bell. Oh okay, oh yeah.
Speaker 14: I was, thank you and so enjoyable. I haven't been I haven't had my radio for a little while, so I've missed you guys.
Speaker 8: Got it now?
Speaker 14: Yes, Happy New Year and thank you.
Speaker 2: You're welcome, Pat you, but bye bye. Pat's slide is open and available for you. And I keep giving the phone numbers because we hit thirty eight states and there might be somebody listening in Ohio or Wisconsin. I know that because we get calls from those states, but there might be somebody new listening, so they don't know six one, seven, two, five, four ten thirty or eight eight, eight, nine to nine, ten thirty. And let's go to Ohio and speak to Bob. Bob, good evening and happy New Year to you.
Speaker 4: Send to you Morgan and Ken. Hey, I've got James Giallafini.
Speaker 2: All right, other than the Sopranos, What other show did he do?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, but the Sopranos ran for like twelve twelve years, didn't it? No?
Speaker 2: It rans for I think nine?
Speaker 4: Okay, Well, how about Thomas slok.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, Tom Sellers, Yeah, and.
Speaker 4: I've got an obscure one for you. I don't know if you'll take this or not. How about Lassie?
Speaker 2: Oh, they had so many different Lassies.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well I know it's yeah, the same dog that is still the same program.
Speaker 2: And you know what, I will take it.
Speaker 4: You know why, Okay, because like that when.
Speaker 2: Yes, because we like you. Because when Jeff owned the Dog, they had three or four seasons. When Timmy owned the Dog they had six, maybe even seven seasons. And then they brought it back.
Speaker 5: In the.
Speaker 2: Uh late seventies for a year or two, and that will was a syndicated version. So Lassie counts.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Also, yeah, it also brings another person into this, into this uh anything of the right word, June Lockhart.
Speaker 2: I have her down.
Speaker 5: Yeah, June Lockhart was in Lassie obviously, and she was in base in petticoat Junction.
Speaker 2: She took place after be Ben A. Derek passed away.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Well, great show, gentlemen. It's always a pleasure of listening to you.
Speaker 2: Bop, thank you, thank you very much. Happy New Year and Ken. Yeah, have a break to take. But I hope you've noticed we've had nothing but full lines posh because you're here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I think it's due to the topic too. I think people are talking about this stuff.
Speaker 2: But it's a good mixture. Oh yeah, you you and the subject of TV is making people run to the phone and dial six one, seven, two, five four ten thirty.
Speaker 3: Or eight eight ten thirty, which we did not have when I was there. We did not have an eight eight eight number.
Speaker 2: But we got it now.
Speaker 3: So we got it now.
Speaker 2: Pick whichever one you need to dial and dial it. Time and temperature here on night Side nine six forty four degrees.
Speaker 1: Now back to Dan rad Live from the Window World night Side Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 2: We're playing a game I created called Hall of Fame. You need to have these two qualifiers in your resume. One, you were on a primetime TV series. Two that series or series plural needs to have ten total years. That's it. Let's go to Quincy and speak to Melinda. Melinda, good evening to you. Happy New Year.
Speaker 11: Hi, how are you?
Speaker 15: Happy New Year to you?
Speaker 11: Guys.
Speaker 15: I just try this on, so I hope, well, just a little while ago, I hope I'm getting this right. Grey's anatomy.
Speaker 2: It's one person, an actor or actress.
Speaker 15: Okay, that's what I Okay, Ellen Pompeo, this is two thousand and five to now.
Speaker 2: On Grey's Anatomy.
Speaker 3: Yep, okay, she counts.
Speaker 11: With Saturday Night Live.
Speaker 15: Oh see, I didn't know you had to know that. I didn't know it was about an act I thought it was more about the show.
Speaker 2: And you know why Saturday Night like Saturday Night Live would not count because they tell you in the name of it not ready for primetime players. They have to be a primetime actor or actress.
Speaker 15: Okay, primetime all right? Modern Family, Uh, Julie, Julie Bowen was in that the whole time. Sophia Viagara ed O'Neill, So okay, that's that was that ran from, I think to all.
Speaker 2: Of those all of those counts. Let me mentioned O'Neill earlier because.
Speaker 11: Of Family show. Yeah, okay.
Speaker 15: Can I just mention for a second. You mentioned Mannix a long time ago, right, didn't he did?
Speaker 11: Okay?
Speaker 15: Mannix? I fell in love that guy when I was like twelve, and he I think that Ransom So it was.
Speaker 2: Like that had eight seasons.
Speaker 11: Yeah, eight seasons, right, and.
Speaker 2: Mike Corners had several.
Speaker 3: It was Lucille Ball that kept that show on the air during the first and towards the end of the first season, they wanted to get rid of it, and Lucy said no because they owned the show. It was a Desilo production.
Speaker 11: You know, the ratings were really high, but the network in the studio had some disagreement.
Speaker 15: I remember that.
Speaker 3: So yeah, well Lucy owned it and she she took care of the disagreement.
Speaker 11: It's awesome, Okay, Well, yeah, I remember him. I loved him and Colombo.
Speaker 2: He counts because the original Columbo were in eight years. Then they brought it back for another couple of seasons after it had officially been canceled, and he had a TV series before Colombo called The Trials of O'Brien.
Speaker 11: Okay, so that's why Peter a lot of years on that show.
Speaker 15: Thought in a movie too.
Speaker 2: Right, movies The Brinks Job in Boston. It was filmed in Boston. He was in that movie. He's starting in that movie.
Speaker 3: And we had him. We had him on the air when they were filming it. Oh wow, matter of fact, so I got a chance to talk to Colombo. That's great that he was.
Speaker 11: That was a great show. They don't have things like that anymore. And I was gonna say, this is gonna sound nuts, I guess, because there seems to be about series like The Bachelor. It was only two thousand children now and it doesn't have a star except you know, but Rock is Oprah.
Speaker 2: Counter Oprah was not in prime time. She was in the afternoon, prime time eight pm to eleven.
Speaker 11: Okay, see I missed it. Okay, well I got a few cut some all right, Well.
Speaker 2: Sam, you say you have a few more? Sam?
Speaker 13: Oh, oh, I don't know.
Speaker 11: No, I thought that I don't want I don't want to. I can't.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, I think, I said, I think.
Speaker 2: And let me respond to something you said, friends.
Speaker 11: Did I say friends? Jeff Aniston?
Speaker 2: Uh, that would count. The whole cast would count.
Speaker 11: Yeah, right right, I have to check the name quick.
Speaker 2: You said, they don't make him like that anymore. And I disagree the TV series Monk want so many elements of Colombo in it.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 11: I just feel like maybe it's because when I was younger, But again, I mean in the night a lets say eighties nineties, there were just seeming so there were so many shows I just liked, you know, to go in and say five, four and seven hit it, and just there was like Saturday night you had the Bob new Hot Show ended it, you had Rhoda. You had, you had Jackie Gleason on Sunday Night, you had Lasting, you had every Night Large Squad on Tuesday, Charlie's Angel. You had all these shows, so many shows that you looked forward to, and this right now the only America's got talent The Bachelor A few things. I'm not into a lot of this stuff.
Speaker 2: You mentioned Newhart bill Daily because that dam with Genie in seventies he did on the Bob Newhart Show.
Speaker 11: Okay, okay, it helped me with another one. Yeah, okay, that's that's good. Do I get points or anything for this?
Speaker 2: You get a thousand points?
Speaker 11: I said, Okay, that's the point. That's good.
Speaker 3: That's good.
Speaker 2: All right. Time you do that. And if you have any gold stars in the top of you drawing that little box, take out one, lick the back of it, and put it on your forehead.
Speaker 11: Okay you guys, Okay, Happy.
Speaker 2: Happy New Year. Melinda by all right?
Speaker 3: Made she made me think of another another name, who Buddy Ebsen.
Speaker 2: I have him down here because nine years with the Hillbillies and he was Barnaby Jones, a private Eye Jones. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I love that show.
Speaker 3: I never never could get into Beverly Hillbillies, but I loved Barnaby Jones.
Speaker 2: Dogies. I had to say that. Oh, give me three more on your lists that have not been mentioned yet.
Speaker 3: Angela cart Right, Yes, b Arthur, Yes, Robert Stack.
Speaker 2: Very good with Robert Stack, and thank you. Four years with the Untouchables, rotating with two other actors on Fame as the name of the game Friday Night's NBC. And he did that for three or four years. And do you know the last show with which you can mention his name.
Speaker 3: There's two. One is Unsolved Mysteries, There you Go Home was Strikeforce.
Speaker 2: And on that note, we are going to take our break. That line is open for you to take. This is night Side. I'm working his Kent time nine fifty eight forty four degrees