Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: It's now it's time for Nick Poliochini. Who's gonna tell us what's going on?
Speaker 4: What's up? How was the.
Speaker 3: Fourth You haven't talked about it? And not that I didn't get to miss it.
Speaker 4: Missed you. I missed you. And that's what I have to say.
Speaker 3: First and foremost is if you did not catch the live broadcast on Friday, I was in Las Vegas celebrating my anniversion. I was still catching everybody on Instagram live and everybody that was going on. So I'm so glad that you guys had it. I had an amazing time and I missed you a lot. In fact, I brought your present and I know that you're on this fantastic being a good boy. And I always bring food and everybody Carnicia has enjoyed it, and yeah.
Speaker 4: I was. I was doing way too much on the weekend.
Speaker 3: There's food, yes, Steffan, go out in the I Love You dinner. I just spent two hours with you. Yeah, there's there's food on the other room. But here is a just formo I've got. I don't know, I feel like I need to be like an influencer. Whatever there is.
Speaker 4: I brought you.
Speaker 3: I couldn't bring you cookies and creak because you won't eat it. But I brought your cookies and cream candle, so give that a sniff.
Speaker 4: Good. I don't have to eat it. No, it smells pretty good.
Speaker 3: I don't know if I want my whole house to smell like it, but it smells legit like I'll let my office smell it.
Speaker 4: Gives you the.
Speaker 3: Cookies and cream vibe. But anyway, thank you for having me here. Had an absolutely amazing time. Let's get into it for Vegas, and the most exciting thing is the place that we stayed. In fact, talk to Daniel already saying that if we could make Chatella Moe move to Vegas for fourth of July next year, this is the venue.
Speaker 2: Let me just say this, and my wife and I have discussed this. We have not really further inquired sure, but we're looking in to maybe do it as a cruise next year. Okay, like a weekend cruise, a two day time.
Speaker 3: I will tell you our tenth anniversary was done and as much as I loved it, and Brian and had an incredible time. I missed every moment of the last several years we've all spent together. So I am on board with the cruise. I will be the very first person to sign up right now, and that would be a way we could entice listeners. Hellll to open it up, absolutely so, without a question. So if you're watching us on YouTube following up, mister Mokelly, you already saw little teas of what I want to talk about. First, the sky loss at MGM Grand is where we stayed. Now, if you are one of those people that is not so keen on Vegas and whatever, well that's too bad. But I didn't drop a diamond, a slot machine. I did no type of gambling in any way, shape or form. I just walked through casino floors. But the sky lofts at MGM Grand is where we were able to stay thanks to Chase Ultimate Travel. If you're familiar with the Chase credit card, we have a Sapphire reserved with them, and so we knocked out some points and we actually got to go in the whole high roller lifestyle at the MGM Grand, which is at four corners at Tropicana and Las Vegas Bullbard, and we're able to be in one of the only fifty one suites on the twenty ninth floor, the very top of the hotel with an incredible view of the fireworks for the Fourth of July. So and it's a one bedroom suite. But the only reason I bring it up is we didn't do anything to do this other than using points for our credit cards. And I know a lot of people play the credit card game in the point game, so it's definitely well worth it. But you can see we had an amazing view of New York, New York across the street in the Cosmopolitan. And if I've lost you because you don't know what I'm talking about, well I'm really sad and need to go to Vegas, right. But all those things so amazing. But we also had so much that we actually talked about here on the show with What's Up with Nick or This Weekend with Nick poulio'chini fifteen Minute Footy. We went to something we talked to a few weeks ago about that's coming up in Chicago and Philadelphia, which will be Netflix Houses. There's actually Netflix Bites restaurant which is inside of MGM Grant and we got a special opportunity to try out some of the food, all themed, two different episodes of television and movies and film and everything from Netflix properties. About eighteen different properties represented. And here's the biggest thing. A lot of times you do these pop ups and they're not all that exciting. This was delicious. The Red Bite Green Bite, which is probably the most fun, was a wheel that you spun and it had from Squid Games. It had the uh you play red Light green Light. It had that you actually got the statue on your table to play with it, Oh my gosh. And you got to spin a wheel and you had three different sauces to choose from. The green was like an rbaceous, very chill and mellow kind of a ranch. The yellow was a little bit spicier, and then the red one just kind of knocked your socks off. So it was a whole our own version of Red Light Green Light. But it was great because we really don't get that opportunity. You can check out at mister mo Kelly right now. Daniel's got a little bit of a fly through of what happens for Netflix Bikes. It's a beautiful space. Everything is well curated for you to get your Instagram moment in and The best part of it is it's not crazy breaking the bank pricing. You'd think, oh, this is gonna be insane, it's gonna be a couple hundred bucks a person. I think Brian and I got another about thirty five bucks each. What ridiculous out that's not encounter right, I was gonna say, it's not counting the cocktails, which they actually had some really awesome mocktails because if you know me, I don't drink, Brian does. I'm the you know, built in dd and even the mocktails were really fun and they were all themed to it. One of the coolest things was something if you follow Love Is Blind, they actually had like a blind tasting of some different food items and different cocktails to go along with that series from Netflix.
Speaker 4: So that's something that's cool.
Speaker 3: If you're looking for something a little bit closer to home, because we do not have a Netflix Bites or we don't have a Netflix house coming.
Speaker 4: We've have the pop ups in the past.
Speaker 3: You want to go over to the Egyptian Theater in Hollywood because that is own and operated by Netflix, and the front store there actually has some really cool vignettes from Wednesday, the TV series and from stranger things, some photo ops and they always are changing these these things out on a regular basis, so I highly recommend checking out here a little bit closer to home.
Speaker 4: But then also the fourth of July fireworks.
Speaker 3: They're nothing like Chateau Lemo I will tell you you cannot beat that vantage point absolutely, but being able to see them shot off from the top of the Augustus Twert Caesars on the strip. Also Resorts World, they had it over in Red Rock Canyon. They were all over Plazant in downtown. You can see it mister Mokelly on YouTube a little glimpse of a friend of mine who was filming so that you were able to see exactly straight across from what it looked like.
Speaker 4: But it was great.
Speaker 3: I mean, there was a smaller, more intimate thing, but we were able to watch it from the twenty ninth floor of the MGM Grand and that was probably one of the coolest experiences that we've ever had.
Speaker 4: Truly. We got to check out the sphere.
Speaker 3: If you've seen any of the cool things for the sphere, this sphere is insane up close, and I will have pictures and video for you of inside and outside at this Weekend with Nick and Nic Pouliochini on social media.
Speaker 4: But it's insane how huge it is, Like you can't stadium size.
Speaker 3: It makes Sofi look like nothing to me, and so Fi you and I know, well, yes, humongous of all of the pro NFL stadiums. And you can kind of see right now the inside of it. It literally is this massive globe that you go in. We saw Postcard from Earth, which is a special I would say like an IMAX if you've ever been to an Imax, or maybe the Rubetage Fleet Center in San Diego. It's that experience you go in there. It is attuned beautifully sound and everything else to be able to really thoroughly enjoy it no matter where you're sitting. So I'm gonna say, there's those times where you're like, ah, there's not a bad seat in the house. This genuinely does not have a bad seat in the house. The seats are all set up to move with you. You can have there's smells, there's smoke, there's water. It's very much the four Dy experience. What's really cool coming up. We're just a few weeks early, but we may be going back. We'll see the Wizard of Oz has been remastered for the sphere so that you're able to actually have a full orchestra that has performed the entire score from the original film, and they have remastered it digitally to be specific to this immersive experience, so you'll be surrounded by Oz when you have that transition sequence from black and white to color, you experience it physically in person. So absolutely wild Backstreet Boys are also going to be coming up there here soon Insomniac if you're familiar with them, who do a lot of like the Tomorrowland Raves and everything else. They have a special partnership coming up. One of the amazing things that we're able to check out. But I know we gotta take a quick break. But I got so much more to fill.
Speaker 4: You in on. Well, let's heart to get the break, so we get back.
Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with mo Kelly on demand from kf I Am six forty, What's Up?
Speaker 2: What's for you?
Speaker 1: Thanks?
Speaker 4: What's up?
Speaker 3: Key?
Speaker 4: K IF I Am six forty.
Speaker 2: It's Later with Mo Kelly, Part two of What's Up with Nick Poliochi go.
Speaker 3: I want us do some shout outs really quick to the mom egos in the chat room because everybody's asking questions and everything else and wishing happy anniversary, thank you so much, and complimented me on my light. I guess I'm looking unusually good to my ring light, So thank you Daniel for that one. But yeah, pictures don't do the Sphere justice. Unfortunately, I was looking at Monette. It looks like you were hoping that the Wizard of Oz will be coming in its form as I described for the Sphere. It's only made for the Sphere, so it will not be coming to southern California, even though we have similar theaters here. And then somebody had asked, oh, Aaron had asked specifically, what the Alphabet Mafia and the Wizard of Oz have so much connection in it? It's actually Wicked and the Alphabet Mafia. And if you missed the description from last hour with Twala and Moe and Mark regarding Superman, you should definitely catch that on the podcast because that pretty much covers exactly the same reasoning why Wicked connects with the Alphabet Mafia. So well, so all right, that's our homework. Let's get back into Vegas. Yes it is warm, yes it is dry, but it's absolutely worth it because you can moisturize and be in air conditioning.
Speaker 4: The entire time and have no idea of the heat.
Speaker 3: What was the temperature hundred and six, which very dry, So for me, I mean palm springs worse because there's usually a bit of humidity with that and I'm definitely not gonna talk about Florida because that's just too much humidity.
Speaker 4: How for No Leans, what's the what's the summers like? Hot and sweaty?
Speaker 3: Okay, definitely, so Vegas is hot and sweaty. But yeah, Anyway, we had took in shows because you go to Vegas right to take in shows. We did see Ka by Sir to sol A at the MGM Grand, which has been there for over twenty years, which is wild to think that a lot of these resident shows have been there. Sir sol which is out of I believe it's Montreal. It's out of French Canada. Uh, it has a French Canadian background. Anyway, Ka is at MGM Grand. But you've got O at Bolagio. So many things absolutely incredible and they do come regularly. In fact, Echo was just here at Lagune Hills Mall and you were able to check that out unfortunately that's the last one, and we had in the winter, fall and winter last year we had Kuza over at the Pier in Tanta Monica, so they always are coming through, so that's an opportunity that you could be able to to the show. But Spiegel World is not their competition, but they do a very different job, a much more intimate job of providing burlesque situations, a little bit sexier, a little bit more vivacious, if you will, but still all the artistry in a much more intimate space. We attended Atomic Saloon at the Venetian, amazing, absolutely well worth it. They have just opened the Disco, which is a brand new experience and there's also the Dinah Ross attached to that one. Obviously, Diana Ross is the kind of the patron, if you will, patron saint of the restaurant, so that's a really cool opportunity for you to do. We also tried Hakkasan, which is a nightclub out of MGM Grand. We actually went and got a special invitation to do dim sum with them, and it was amazing, like just to be in a nightclub with all the vibes and all the music, and it was obviously a little bit quieter, but we had dim sum that was delicious, and then what else do we do? Oh, I will say this, and I did not tell this to Daniel, so you don't know all about these details. But we went to the first or we went to the world's largest dispensary for cannabis, which is like the argest world's largest is like one hundred and fifty thousand square feet.
Speaker 4: It's called Planet thirteen. I had.
Speaker 3: It may not be that large, trust me, there's a lot of embellishment that goes on. But was very unique and cool about this one, beyond the fact that there were at least one hundred bar ten bud tenders that were there to walk through and explain things to you. The cooler thing if you've ever been curious about marijuana, I've never been more educated in my life. A lot of times, if you go to a place a little bit closer to home, you're going to get a good deal and you're gonna have your bud tender. Yeah, mean that kind of concept. This was not that experience. In fact, Marjorie, funny enough, not related to Bill Handle, but Marjorie was our bud tender, and she was incredibly knowledgeable and so much information that she was able to figure out what strain you wanted and give you the background and how it would make you feel and everything else. But inside a Planet thirteen, they actually have a speak easy that it serves you cocktails and food that are infused with THC or CBD, and they're incredible. I have not had a cocktail since twenty seventeen when I quit drinking, but I did have an Old Fashioned at this event.
Speaker 4: It tasted identical to the best most.
Speaker 3: High end Old Fashion, just had a little bit of a different experience attached. So it was incredible. It was absolutely delicious, had the best time. But I think because I really like to learn a lot about things. I mean, even though I don't drink anymore, I'm still an eenophile. I still like wine and learning about wine and everything else that way. I love spirits. I'm still your go to somalier if you have questions or if you need a bartender. I'm really good with mixology, but I just like to be educating. It was so cool to go to a space that had so much knowledge about the different the different dispensaries and the different operations around the world, and who was developing out marijuana and everything to that effect.
Speaker 4: I had no idea. It was all that.
Speaker 3: Just it feels so much more like we grew up in southern California wards, like you just knew the guy down the street and you would just go by some on the street corner. And now it's such a different business. So that was the incredible time he had in Vegas. To wrap things up a little quick here. I want to do things that are closer to home that are going on for us that have just started. So if you're looking for something this week or this weekend, you've got the Shakespeare. The free Shakespeare in the Park that's been happening all started back on the twenty fourth of June runs through the thirty first of August. This is a free ninety nine situation. And there are two different William Shakespeare productions that are being presented right now. It's Late Love's Labor's Lost and that runs through the twenty seventh of July, and then the sixth through the thirty first of August it'll be Doctor Faustus And both of those are happening Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday Sunday, so Wednesdays through Sundays at seven pm and it's free and that's the biggest thing.
Speaker 4: It's very cool.
Speaker 3: So if you want a really unique, special way to get an initial introduction to Shakespeare, that's a great opportunity. Also, the Lost in Dreams and Music Festival is taking place in la this weekend. Pageant of the Masters and Festival of the Arts and Laguna Beach is underw as well as the Sawdust Arts Festival. And yeah, so everybody's kind of recooping from the fourth of July, like we've already talked about, but there's still a handful of things that you can do in and around the south Land and they can always find all this information at this week of with Nick and Nick Poliochini. On social media you can see a tour as Daniel was showing earlier in the show of exactly what that skyloft looked like at the MGM Grand And I've also got all sorts of other tours and so much.
Speaker 4: More to share with you and for you to enjoy on socials. Good to have you back, brother, We missed you home.
Speaker 3: Yes, in fact, I even think Wendy had a cake or she sent and I feel terrible that I wasn't there for that, So, and I know somebody else's anniversary is coming up real soon here in not too long.
Speaker 4: Oh oh, I'm off. Yeah about that.
Speaker 2: We'll probably just maybe go to Morton's and just have a dinner.
Speaker 4: We're real big on not making a big deal.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but yeah, but I think we should go to the sky in Long Beach and we can do the four of us and celebrate. But that's just me and we'll talk about it. We'll talk about it. That's the story for another day. Thank you so much again. Check me out this week of a Nick and Nick Polly o'keinea on social media and I will catch you with what's up with Nick next week.
Speaker 2: It's Later with mo Kelly CAFI AM six forty live everywhere on social media and the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty