Speaker 1: It's Game five of the World Series, and we're joining right now by a man that is in his fourth World Series with the Dodgers. If you think back to twenty twenty, Austin Barnes caught four of the Dodgers six games during that World Championship run, including the final strikeout to end it. Austin, great to be with you and great to have you back in a World Series.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's awesome. You know, four as a fors a lot of World series, you know, and we we're one way from winning this thing, so we're excited to be here.
Speaker 1: What's it like for you this season?
Speaker 2: It's good, you know, you know, to be able to get to this point with this group. You know, it's been a long season. One game away from winning the World Series. There's you know, there's not that many days you can wake up and you know, have a chance to win a win a World Series. So we're excited. It's been awesome. I think we have a really close group, really excited for you know, the opportunity we have ahead of us.
Speaker 1: When you say Austin Barnes' name, you think about the core group of players that have been to four World Series together that have won a World Championship. What does it mean to you to be synonymous with this period of Dodger history.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's awesome. You know, a lot of great players, a lot of great teams. You know, I've seen a lot of players come and go. But you know what, we we just kept winning, you know, and that's kind of what we expect. Uh, you know, we expect to be World Series champions every year. You know, we won one, you know, I won't whatever one is seventeen and then, uh, you know we're here in twenty twenty four with a with a great opportunity ahead of us, and you know, just that's what it's what's what it's all about. It's coming. It's coming and winning and uh bringing a championship back to LA.
Speaker 1: What's going on with Freddie Freeman? How has he turned it on like this?
Speaker 2: I just think he's he's just he's just ready, you know, the moment the World Series. I think he just wants it. I think this whole group wants it. We're all kind of pulling in the same direction, all all together, fighting, uh, fighting with each other, leaning on each other, and uh, it's a special group. You know, it's ever since I've been here, there's been some special teams, and this is the focus and intensity, and you know, the way that everybody's playing together is second to none since I've been here.
Speaker 1: I know you guys talked about just committing yourselves for three and a half weeks. I know that's not the only reason why you're here, but how much of that did it play a part into you guys being able to be resilient against the padres and everything else that has come at you this October?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think everything plays apart. You know, the camaraderie, the you know, the dinners, the stuff the clubhouse, the play on the field, the intensity in the pitch to pitch, the focus, I think it all plays apart. You know, it's not easy to win playoff games. It's not easy to win a World Series. But you know, I think there's a focus and intensity that it takes, and I think that we're playing with it right now.
Speaker 1: Austin Barnes is our guest. You're wearing a snow cap. It's like seventy degrees in New York. Why are you wearing that snow cap?
Speaker 2: The first day we got here. If I say it wasn't that warm, and then so you don't come outside for a second, you never know, you can come prepared to aftert sleeves on too, if that makes sense.
Speaker 1: So, hey, before I let you go, the way that Jack Flaerty has pitched, there shouldn't be any doubts about the way he's gonna come out tonight, right.
Speaker 2: No, you know, I think it's you know, he's just the guy who's gonna obviously keep us in the ball game. I think our offense is in a really good spot. I think he's in a good spot pitching wise, you know. And uh, I think Spiddy's got a good beat on these guys. You've seen him a lot obviously in seven game series. People make adjustments just with what they're seeing. And uh, I think we're in a good spot where we are, and on both sides of the field, So you know, we expect good things to happen every time somebody goes out there. You know, even even landing Ak and conspiras. They gave us six innings two runs last night, and you know, in a World Series game, for two rookies to do that, that's you know, it's pretty good. So you know, we were in the game last night, Uh, just don't get it done. But we're looking forward today.
Speaker 1: All right, I'll let you go. And aren't you proud of me? I didn't try to pry into private team group messages. That's for you guys. I'm not like these other guys trying to get the text messages. Copy and paste it to me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, to me, you're the journalists of the year. I think you're sixty minutes specialists. And Emmy is it? Emmy is it? Okay, Yeah, I'll give it to you. If radio wasn't dead, I'll get on skid out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, radio is alive right now.
Speaker 2: If radio is alive and well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, people are listening right now in the I E. What's your main street out there? Is it paved? What's going on out there?
Speaker 2: There's a lot, you know, there's there's Alessandro. Yeah, it's you know. Don't don't come to our city. Okay, we'll let you know. You tell us, you will let you know.
Speaker 1: I'll come out there for the Austin Barnes Appreciation Parade after this.
Speaker 2: All right, we'll get a parade.
Speaker 1: All right. There it goes my third favorite Barnes. Austin