Speaker 1: In the sports page with The Orlando Sentinel at FM ninety six to nine the games, Mike the Bulldog beyond you on jrr's.
Speaker 2: Trying to find two words that I think will probably describe the bulldog out of the gate this morning, and I settled on cocky confidence. Yes, you know what we do? You know what? You know what my Panthers do.
Speaker 3: They go if they are the worst house guests in the world, all right, they go into the other team's house. They wipe their muddy boots on the white carpet, They smoke cigarettes on the couch, They eat all your stuff. They leave wet towels and dirty dishes all over the place. That's what they did last night. That's what they did last night. They go into Carolina and whoop the Hurricanes.
Speaker 2: Five to two. It wasn't even that close.
Speaker 3: Game one, Eastern Conference Finals, Game seven of these semifinals. They go up to Toronto in Game seven and blow them out, and then they blew out the Hurricanes last night. Lynch, this is this is gonna be. This is gonna be at least a gentleman's sweep.
Speaker 2: Well, color me and press because Raleigh is that building there is probably the toughest place to play in the entire league this year.
Speaker 3: There were five and oh at home in the playoffs prior to last night.
Speaker 1: I like the fact that his bad house guest smokes cigarettes on the couch.
Speaker 3: I mean he probably gets some hockey clashes and put the butt out on the cushions.
Speaker 2: He's what they did. Probably still got a few hockey players smoking the butts. Oh yeah, you know what.
Speaker 3: They're old school, just like the quarterbacks used to do in the NFL. They used to smoke cigarettes on the sideline baseball too, Right, the Panthers win last night. They're up one oh in the NBA. Oklahoma City blew out Minnesota last night. Shay Gildess Alexander who will soon be the MVP of the league when that gets named in a couple of days. He scored thirty one points. Twenty of those came in the second half, one fourteen to eighty eight. I'll tell you what Oklahoma City is scary. They're the youngest team in the league. They're also the best defensive team in the league and it's not even close. And it's very rare to have a team that young, committed and playing hard on defense. Night in in night out in Oklahoma City? Does that this is a this is a possible dynasty in the making. So NBA Eastern Conference Finals begin tonight, Knicks against the Yankees. By the way back to the NHL Edmonton in Dallas. Yes, what did that say? The Pacers and the Knicks matchup. Yeah, the Pacers and the Knicks, not the Yankees. The Pacers and the Knicks will play tonight in in Hockey Edmonton in Dallas. Open up the Western Conference Finals tonight as well. Did you guys see the ratings for the Caitlyn Clark Angel Reese game on Saturday night WNBA rating that drew an average two point seven million viewers on ABC. It was the most watched WNBA regular season game in twenty five years. It out drew ESPN by the way. On Sunday had the best Sunday Night baseball audience it's ever had with the Mets playing the Yankees. All right, two point five to three million. The WNBA outdrew that.
Speaker 2: How would how would that number compare to say, the PGA Championship that was going on that day? What did the PGA Championship get that day?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I'm asking you I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I'll have to look that up, but it out drew the biggest Sunday night baseball game ESPNS ever had. I'll make a Bowl prediction here, if Caitlyn Clark in the Indiana Fever or in the WNBA Finals, it might get a higher number than the NBA Finals.
Speaker 2: What about that? No, No, I don't know. I'm just saying it's a possibility. But we'll see.
Speaker 1: It's a possibility if those if lame Ducks team lame Ducks teams are.
Speaker 2: In the in the NBA finals.
Speaker 3: You mean like like we may have this year with Indiana and Minnesota.
Speaker 2: I want to call Ducks that you made it to the finals, not big markets.
Speaker 3: You said, yeah, he's talking about like NBA New York and mid mid majors, mid majors.
Speaker 2: Hey, we brought it up yesterday and I think we got some answers. Uh. Orange County Mayor Jerry Demings on his attitude towards this baseball stadium. Did you read that coverage?
Speaker 3: I've tried to interview Jerry Demmings about this and he doesn't really want to be interviewed, at least by me.
Speaker 2: What did he say a couple comments yesterday. First is he's he needs to be convinced that this will be something that benefits the Orange County taxpayers slash citizens. He also said he's not inclined to be donating any kind of county land to billionaires to build a stadium.
Speaker 1: So there you have it, so maybe a bone to pick. Let's do us some investors.
Speaker 2: So he I mean, he hasn't poop pooed the idea. I think he's just saying, look, let's let's have our ducks in a row here. Make sure there is a team coming before there's any stadium, you know, put up on any land, period. And once the stadium does go up, perhaps the billionaire investors should be the ones paying the county for the land rather than just receiving a donation.
Speaker 3: They have to do their due diligence. It is a negotiation. So it's probably not smart for him to just come out and say, hey, yeah, let's whatever they need, we'll.
Speaker 2: Give it to him.
Speaker 3: It's probably smart on his part. We don't know if the Rays are actually leaving Tampa, so we'll see what happens. But you know, I don't blame Jerry Demis for wanting to drive a hard bargain.
Speaker 2: He should it is.
Speaker 3: It is. It's not our tax money, but it's tourist tax money. And here's the other thing. There's a lot of stuff going on in Tallahassee right now about how that tourist tax is going to be legislated. There's taught that the Orange County tourist tax could just go in a general state fund, which Orange County is freaking out about that. They don't want it to go into a general state fund, which is what some of the politicians up in Tallahassee wants. So there's a big to do right now about how the tourist tax is going to be dispersed in the future. So I'm sure they're waiting for that as well.
Speaker 2: Hey, waiting on the Tush push vote today. That happened today. It could.
Speaker 3: In fact, there's going to be a vote today on the Tush push.
Speaker 2: The Tush push.
Speaker 3: There will be more fans, more sports fans today talking about the Tush push. Then the NBA playoffs, the Stanley Cup playoffs, the w NBA TV ratings, any other story in sports. The Tush push will uh, it will pale in comparison.
Speaker 2: It's now turned into a uh the tush push slash pull play. That that's you know, the revamped votes just.
Speaker 3: Push and pull play. Yeah, yeah, I don't know what I'm more tired of. Whether the tush push should be banned? Should Pete Rose be in the Hall of Fame? Is Nil ruining college football? Some of these stories. Some of these storylines just get old to me.
Speaker 2: I agree. He is Mike the Bulldog byankey host of open mic weekday mornings on a Jason Sam seven forty FM ninety six ninety game, and he takes time from his show to join us for the sports page on j r R each morning. Am I sensing some some birthdays?
Speaker 3: By the way, A happy birthday to King Ferdinand today, I'm card Why do you egg? Him? On?
Speaker 2: Lujindako on demand to download the iHeartRadio app