Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon and you're listening to KFI AM six forty, the Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app. I wish someone would come in here, listen to our podcast and take down this hellish ordeal that we've been dealing with for over a month. This cotton candy pink monstrosity with ice cream cones and a bow on a pink bow on the top, like Jesus ever had an ice cream cone, like the Three Wise Men followed a bow to the freaking manger.
Speaker 2: No and no carrying ice cream.
Speaker 3: Yeah the hell. This is not the spirit of Christmas.
Speaker 2: No, it's not. It's also not the spirit of the first Monday of January.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 1: Speaking of my family, I grew up in an Irish Catholic family. There were men in my family who were of the Lord and also of the spirit of saying GD in its entirety. Routinely they've all died. You've got to be grandfathered in to say GD. If you're saying GD now, you can't be a man of the of the Church. You've got to be somebody an alley somewhere. You can't say GED. In twenty twenty four. You can say damn all you want, right, Damn is fine. Sure, Biden's been saying damn for a long time. But now he's gotten into the g D waters.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I feel like he's I feel like there's a lot.
Speaker 2: Of that that we don't see.
Speaker 4: He's always had kind of a he's been loose with some of those biggies with the big words, the big badness. Sure, and I mean we saw that when when Obamacare was passed, remember right, the big f and deal. And I feel like he lets him go. And now now he's doing it more publicly, right, which I was fine with.
Speaker 1: I was fine with him in the role as vice president saying this is a big f and deal kind of. I liked that Joe Biden off the cuff, like you can relate to that guy. But when you're president, and when you're the lamest duck president in the history of the world, you can't just be thrown around GDS.
Speaker 4: We'll see, he's gonna come out here today, he's gonna be in LA today soon, so maybe he drops a couple here.
Speaker 2: Look at this GD weather.
Speaker 3: The GD weather is incredible.
Speaker 4: It was beautiful. I don't know how the Lord shined on my birthday like he did.
Speaker 2: But wow, what a show. I could have sev seventy three something like that in my house yesterday.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I couldn't believe it.
Speaker 1: And landing in Vegas on Saturday, because I've been in Vegas.
Speaker 3: For your birthday weekend.
Speaker 1: I used to go to Vegas every January fifth, sixth for wild Card weekend because that's when it would fall on and I remember being freezing is certain years.
Speaker 3: I mean just.
Speaker 1: Freezing walking from casino casino to warm up.
Speaker 3: And it was sixty four.
Speaker 4: Degrees unbelievable on your birthday. And I don't know when it's going to rain ever. In southern California again.
Speaker 1: Well, we've got some drought issues. But here's the fun thing about California. We also have wildfire danger this week.
Speaker 2: Oh why not?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, the ged wildfires. There is some really bad way other back east. We'll talk about in a little bit. But we're about an hour away, just under an hour away from a joint session of Congress where we will see Congress certify the results of the November election, officially making President elect Trump President elect Trump.
Speaker 1: Vice President Kamala Harris will read allow each state's results and how many cocktails is she going to have getting into this performance?
Speaker 3: That sucks, right, that's going to be a rough go.
Speaker 4: That would be like, that'd be the equivalent of the losing team presenting the World Series trophy. Yes to the winning tea exactly. That's an awful way to do it. But I mean al Gore had to do that, didn't he. To George w Wi it was a different time, true. I mean we were nowhere near as at each other's throats perhaps as we've seen in the past. But I actually heard something interesting from Tom Swazi, a congressman out of New York who has gone after his own party, and said, listen, we have got to stand up to extremists. Now we've heard this on the Republican side of the aisle, people saying, you know, those those absolute far right wing Freedom Caucus members Marjorie Taylor, green Chip Roy and that they're holding the rest of the party hostage. We saw that last week with the you know, the election of Mike Johnson a speaker and all the drama surrounding that. Tom Swazi said, listen, this is exactly what the problem is. And I don't think we've heard it from members of Congress as passionately as he was saying it today.
Speaker 5: The problem is is that most politicians haven't had the guts to stand up to those extremists on both sides because they're afraid they're going to lose a primary.
Speaker 2: That's what's killing our country.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 2: John F.
Speaker 5: Kennedy wrote a book called Profiles and Courage after about one hundred and seventy five years of American history. There are only eight people in that book. So it's not easy for people to stand up to members of their own party.
Speaker 2: I love that that story.
Speaker 4: There's it took a hundred seventy five years and Kennedy can only come up with eight people who had enough courage to be put into his book.
Speaker 3: Well, the book can only be so long. I know, Dela Crime, I know.
Speaker 2: That, but still it was a it was a good comment.
Speaker 4: So anyway, today, obviously security is very very heavy because of what happened four years ago, that absolute embarrassment of the people running through the capital. There are a lot of discussions about what's going to happen now. I mean, the images today are going to be nothing like we saw four years ago. The images today are going to be complete, beyond the fact that it's complete white out, snowy conditions in DC today.
Speaker 1: We're not gonna have women in genital's hats storming the Capitol demanding for Kamala Harris to be the winner.
Speaker 2: That also will not happen, right because it'd be too cold.
Speaker 3: Crazy.
Speaker 2: But it's you know what happens with this going forward?
Speaker 4: Does does Trump when he gets into office do what he says he's going to do first day, which is pardon all these people.
Speaker 2: I don't think it's a good look for him.
Speaker 4: And there's other things that he's probably going to be more paying more attention to.
Speaker 2: But it's going to be brought up today.
Speaker 1: Well, we've had the polar vortex, we've had the atmospheric river, now make way.
Speaker 3: For the Arctic outbreak. Who comes up with these terms?
Speaker 1: Is there some guy in a dungeon who's fed crumbs until he comes up with the next like fear mongering weather term?
Speaker 4: Well, justin Baldoni's pr people have looking for jobs. Maybe this is what they could do. It's perfect come up with new names for storms. Justin Trudeau is out.
Speaker 6: I intend to resign as party leader as Prime minister after the party selects its next leader through a robust nationwide competitive process.
Speaker 4: Man, the definition of low t is leading. Yes, well it's Canada. What do you expect it is Canada? He says, He's going to stay as Prime Minister until a new leader is selected by the party.
Speaker 1: I mean, shouldn't it be just called Canada low tee? I mean even the people out there foraging, living off the land and the snow are nice and not aggressive.
Speaker 4: Very very cold in parts of the other parts of the country.
Speaker 1: Do we have any like doom and gloom nightmarish music for like to scare people because we're the media and that's what we do. Tell them they're going to freeze to death and look like Jack Nicholson at the end of the shining.
Speaker 5: Let me try this, Yeah, boody boody body booty, moy booty body boody booty.
Speaker 4: You say no, but it doesn't really strike the right cord Andy Basher's the governor of Kentucky.
Speaker 7: We've had between six and eight inches of snow followed by really at least a half an inch of ice across most of Kentucky. But half an inch of ice can bring down tree limbs, can bring down power lines.
Speaker 4: In Kentucky right now, they are looking at about seventy five thousand people without power. You get over into Virginia, it's well over one hundred thousand, and around the country they're talking about probably close to half a million people by the end of today will not have electricity because of this storm. As it makes its way through the Midwest into the Eastern seaboard there, flights have been canceled and delayed. They said, total cancelations today within the United States about seventeen hundred, but delays twice that many delays About thirty five hundred flights have had to be delayed because of the weather problems back east.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, I know, you got to go where you've got to go, but you're kind of a horse's ass if you didn't see this coming. We were talking about this last week. If you had flights, you got to reschedule those or push your trip, or get out before it gets bad, or get in before it gets bad.
Speaker 3: Kind of a thing, right, Yeah.
Speaker 4: And I mean some of the major airports are the ones that are experiencing these delays, which is why you're going to see it kind of.
Speaker 2: Rebound throughout the country.
Speaker 4: Reagan National Dulles in Washington ball More, those three airports that serve that area are some of the most canceled.
Speaker 2: Between them, four five hundred flights have been canceled.
Speaker 4: Chicago O'Hare, Indianapolis International, Boston Logan, and Dallas Wartworth all have seen cancelations in the dozens. So that's going to cause problems throughout the rest of the rest of the country.
Speaker 2: It's not getting any better anytime soon.
Speaker 1: The bar for setting records in January is very high. Daily record lows in international falls the ice box of the nation, much like the Vikings, range from the upper thirties to mid fifties below zero routinely. And again, like we said, look outside, not everyone's going to be freezing near to warmer than average temps for this time of year in the West Coast because of the jet stream buckling north into western Low t Canada.
Speaker 4: My daughter living in Texas seventy degrees on Saturday high for her beautiful four day out. Forty degrees for a high today. Oh and she didn't know. And another friend of mine was posting on Facebook that he's lived in Texas for fifteen years now and it's weird to him that the temperature goes down through the course of the day. Like you wake up it's sixty degrees. Yeah, by five o'clock that night it's thirty.
Speaker 1: Very sneaky the way that happens, especially if you're a California kid like we are, and you know you've got Steve Martin telling you it's seventy two and Sonny every day and then you've got to swing from seventy to forty within forty eight hours.
Speaker 3: Is freaking whiplash. You're just not used to that.
Speaker 4: She was asking me like she doesn't know what to do, right, I said.
Speaker 3: Well, don't be on edge. Don't freak out.
Speaker 4: She's been I said, you've been in cold temperatures before. You've just got to, you know, dress layers and layers, drive slower than you think you do, and give yourself plenty of room.
Speaker 3: And when is her birthday?
Speaker 2: August?
Speaker 1: Okay, get her an ARII gift card that's I don't have a name, I know, but for here when she comes back, she could come back stock up on stuff.
Speaker 2: You probably will.
Speaker 1: She order it online. There's an online thing that you can actually buy whares in the online marketplace.
Speaker 4: Like books are something who would want to buy books online.
Speaker 1: Okay, so Skip Bayless. I know nothing about Skip Bayless or Fox Sports. I don't watch these programs because I feel the way about these sports talk shows is I feel the way about politics talk shows, where everyone's got an opinion and I don't care about it because it's as valuable as my opinion or your opinion or anybody else's opinion. Right for the most part, it's just filling air, keeping those meters running. And I feel this way about about sports programming and these talk shows, so I never really watched them. But every time I've seen snippets of Skip Bayless on X or what have you, or the chance that I'm flipping around, he just looks like a really bad dude. He just looks like one of those people that your guts.
Speaker 3: Like, Ooh, I don't know about that guy.
Speaker 1: And now we're hearing details about who exactly.
Speaker 4: There's this lawsuit that was filed against Fox No One, Skip Bayless, No one looks good.
Speaker 2: It's dirty.
Speaker 1: Well, And I heard as this news was breaking as we were on the flight last night after the Chargers Raiders game where the Chargers swept the Raiders and made fools of them, that this was all breaking, and people were going like, oh yeah, it's not surprising, Oh yeah, like little whispers, and I'm like, wow, apparently some of these people were just the secret was an open secret that they were just bad.
Speaker 2: People and making all kinds of money. Right.
Speaker 1: Kamala Harris will soon officially declare Donald Trump the winner of the twenty twenty four presidential election. That will be finalized today with the announcement of the winner before a joint session of Congress, and.
Speaker 2: Then two weeks from today inauguration day, January twenty.
Speaker 1: She calls this duty a sacred obligation. I wonder what she calls it behind closed doors.
Speaker 2: She calls it a duty.
Speaker 4: President Biden has announced an executive action that will permanently and future offshore oil and gas development in parts of the Atlantic and Pacific Ocean's a way that could be especially difficult for the Trump administration to undo. This band would prevent oil companies from leasing waters for new drilling along the entire East Coast, the eastern Gulf of Mexico, Washington, Oregon, California, and portions of the northern Very nice.
Speaker 3: That sounded like a weather sounder.
Speaker 1: Have you heard about the speaking of Have you heard about the BBC Shipping news shipping news, Yeah, No, it's wildly popular.
Speaker 3: People go to sleep to it.
Speaker 1: Apparently the guy who reads the shipping news for the BBC has this voice.
Speaker 3: It just lulls you into sleep.
Speaker 1: People have put like soundscapes behind it and created podcasts for you to sleep to it. There's different narrators. There's a woman out of Ireland that's big. The guy of the BBC is I was listening to it this morning because I heard this.
Speaker 2: And you're going to fall asleep driving to work.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 1: I just was curious about the tone of his voice, and it is very, very soothing. It's very nice as he talks about and just the shipping routes. It's just this weirdly relaxing narrative.
Speaker 4: Do you know anybody with Parkinson's? No, I don't know anybody currently. I will say that new research suggests that dancing might lessen the depression suffered by people with Parkinson's.
Speaker 1: I would argue that dancing lessons depression across the board.
Speaker 2: Across the board.
Speaker 4: There's a study from York University and they've talked about the professor that was one of the authors has studied movement dance and how it impacts positively the rest of your body and your life. But they said this one specifically focused on dancing's impact on depression using a standard depression scale measure from questionnaires neuroimaging see how dancing affects your brain, and they said the dancing both improved mood and prompted changes in the act activity of the sub colossal singulate gyrus, the SCG, which is a brain region in the frontal cortex linked to mood regulation and emotional prop.
Speaker 1: I'll say this, if I'm in a funk, like if I'm in a like like that attitude.
Speaker 2: I've heard seen that before. You Yeah, it.
Speaker 3: Sounds like this.
Speaker 1: Then I'll go home and I'll put on one of those peloton ten or fifteen minute dance cardio things. I do that ten or fifteen minutes right, and boom completely out of it like that quickly.
Speaker 2: Yep, because of your SCG.
Speaker 4: Sure you're sub listen, you're the doctor subcaw colossal singulate gyrus. There is football tonight, by the way, college football, the FCS title game between the North Dakota Bison and the Montana State Bobcats. And they don't call this Division one Double A anymore. They call it the NC Double A Division one Football Championship subdivision.
Speaker 1: It's like a middle management business card. Yes, Skip Bayless, of course you've seen him on Fox Sports. One long, longtime sports commentator, a former co host of Undisputed, has been sued by a former hairstylist with the network. He is accused of offering her one point five million for sex and for inappropriately touching her.
Speaker 2: So there's Her name is Nushin Faraji.
Speaker 4: She worked for the company on a part time basis for a while and then was hired full time doing hair and makeup on the set, and that included cutting Skip Bayless's hair. I guess, and this is one aspect of this lawsuit that came out because not only does she name Skip Bayless specifically, she talks about the atmosphere that existed in in Fox Sports.
Speaker 1: She said that Skip Bayless in particular give lingering hugs after each haircut, that he would put his body against her own, pressing against her breasts.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you have a quick question.
Speaker 2: Yeah, isn't that a hug?
Speaker 1: No, when we have hugged, there have been no breast communications communications, you know what I mean? Like are you hug someone who you're not in a relationship with. It's not like a body to body thing.
Speaker 2: Oh all right, right, well, well.
Speaker 3: And there's also like the obvious pressing of.
Speaker 2: The breast that would be the lingering thing. I think probably my hand.
Speaker 3: Lingering thing.
Speaker 1: Well, and then he began to kiss her on the cheeks, which can also lead to the he is definitely pressing on my breasts, and it's you know, it is.
Speaker 3: Intentional.
Speaker 2: She worked on his show for eight years.
Speaker 1: Because I would know if I ever touched your breasts. I mean, besides those things, if you were leaning in it, be like, hey, right, keep it in your pants.
Speaker 4: She says that Skip grabbed her hands began kissing them before offering a million and a half dollars to have sex with him.
Speaker 1: He said that he would change his life if she agreed to have sex. She said that she had to rebuke him several different ways, one of which was.
Speaker 3: To tell him she had ovarian cancer, right.
Speaker 2: I.
Speaker 4: So, she said at one point that she was going to go in for testing.
Speaker 2: Was it, yes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a biopsy.
Speaker 4: She told Skip Baylis about an issue that she feared could be cancer. She developed issues with her leftovery and had a fourth biopsy plan and hoping that by saying that he would back off.
Speaker 1: If you have to use cancer to rebuke someone's advances.
Speaker 4: That's pretty bad. Instead, he says he wants to be with her. She panics. She starts rambling, there's everywhere. I'm a single mom. I don't want to be with you. Grabs her hands, kisses them, Offers her a million and a half bucks to have sex.
Speaker 1: Because as a woman, when guys used to reach out or whatever before me too, and you know, you can't even make compliments anymore. But I remember, and this was her first line of defense too. And I've used this in the past. I don't date guys at work, right, I don't you know you don't poop where you eat?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: It's an interesting way to look at dating, But go on.
Speaker 1: Anyway, that probably would have worked better in terms of turning someone off than I don't date at work.
Speaker 3: I was like, hey, you don't ask where you eat?
Speaker 1: But anyway, and I remember this person I've told you this story before, was unrelentless in terms of that not working, Like, well, we don't really work together all the time, and we don't really see each other.
Speaker 3: And she's like dude, no.
Speaker 1: Like that's not you know, and it sounds like this is what happened to her where she had to say she had to like ratchet up the excuses to.
Speaker 3: The point of cancer. Like that's pretty He must have kept going.
Speaker 4: And after so he offers her a million and a half dollars to have sex. She says, Skip, you have a wife. He says, aren't you Muslim? Doesn't your dad have three or four wives?
Speaker 3: Not awful?
Speaker 4: She says, my dad's dead and then finds it. I mean, like this okay now, And that's just this part of this lawsuit, so it gets it. The other part, juicier involves a bunch of people, right.
Speaker 1: Including a female who was having sex on multiple planes to get ahead. Not planes in the sky, but like different planes of employment, like the talent plane, the executive plane, spreading all the joy around.
Speaker 2: All right, we're talking about this lawsuit.
Speaker 4: It was filed just Friday by Nushan Faraji worked for Fox Sports as a hairstylist part time basis for a while and then was hired on full time from twenty sixteen to August of last year, and among others, she talked about Skip Bayless, a host. She says he offered her a million and a half dollars to have sex with her, made a bunch of other inappropriate comments. The other aspect of this lawsuit goes to sort of the culture that she claims existed at Fox Sports and that one time she was working with Joy Taylor, thirty seven year old Joy Taylor, who is one of the rare female commentators on Fox Sports, that she was having sex with a former NFL linebacker Emmanuel Acho, and a network executive, a guy named Charlie Dixon. Now you further her career.
Speaker 1: You asked me, well, you've seen Emmanuel Acco, you see this guy, Charlie Dixon. She was having sex with both these guys, and I go, this isn't her picking out her type and having sex with them. This was her having sex for her professional progress on multiple planes. She picked a top talent in emmanuelad show to have sex with, and then she picked a top executive to have sex with, so that she could be working on two different planes in terms of getting ahead.
Speaker 4: Then when she's doing Joy Taylor's hair and they're talking about all of this, she said to him, She said to Joy at one point, probably not a really smart idea to be having sex with both of these guys at the same time, right, And the alleged response from Joy Taylor was, well, I'm only having sex with Charlie Dixon until I don't need him anymore. And at that point, I'm going to accuse him of making the advances on me and putting me in a position where as an underling because he was a big director there that she would have. You know, then you get into the whole hashtag me too.
Speaker 2: And all that stuff.
Speaker 3: Wasn't she also having sex with Shannon Sharp?
Speaker 2: So that was another don't.
Speaker 4: I don't know if that ever came out, but that was at least ecuated. And when you look at the videos that exist of Shannon Sharp making comments while she's on the set, there were also there was a point where Emmanuel Acho had come out, and I don't know, it seems a little strange that he was as adamant about her as he was when he's introducing her, for example, that.
Speaker 3: Was him like that's.
Speaker 1: That's his way of showing love or whatever, you know, like giving her the like, oh, she's so great at what she does and blah blah blah, And you know, I saw a social media post about her birthday, like my super talented co host and show her some love's Like that's just the easy way. It's like the husbands or wives that go on Instagram and talk about happy anniversary to the most wonderful bl blah blah blah blah. It's all for show, right, Like if you were really into that person, you would have a private conversation or you'd have a private celebration of your love or what happened. You wouldn't have to do it publicly. It just shows the flimsy nature. I think this was him getting ready for the Super Bowl.
Speaker 4: I believe this was Super Bowl weak and International Women's Day, and he's introducing her.
Speaker 2: In the fourth industry. I do not know anyone that is more impressive in every way, shape or form than the one and only Taylor Ladies.
Speaker 1: In shape or form, this is a woman who's very as we could say, voluptuous. Good word, but anyway, it's an awful story from top to bottom.
Speaker 2: I don't see that. I don't I don't see.
Speaker 1: You don't see shapes, no, no, no, you don't see breasts, Nope, No, I see biscuits. You see biscuits and muffins, I like you like the mush.
Speaker 4: Fire weather here in California. We know how bad it is back east right now. Not fire weather. We are a completely opposite of that. We'll talk about this and how AI is now helping us in our fight against wildfires.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what to expect which areas could be hit hardest when we come back to Gary and Shannon.
Speaker 2: You've been listening to The Gary and Shannon Show.
Speaker 4: You can always hear us live on KFI AM six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio lap