Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with Mo Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: It's Later with mo Kelly. Let's find out what's up with Nick Pouliochini who joins me now in the studio with his Disney paraphernalia right Disney seventieth Anniversary shirt on and everything I do, which is funny.
Speaker 3: So talk about poignant because I was there before I came here today Disney, like I was at Disneyland before I came here. So I came all the way straight on through from Anaheim, two hours from Anaheim.
Speaker 2: To get up here to Burbank to be here for Later with Mo Kelly. So and then you didn't stay here long. You left here and went where.
Speaker 3: And then I went over the Empire Center down the street because somebody had a hanker in and a story about donuts. So I went over to Krispy Kreme, shout out to the crew that's over in the Burbank store, and picked up both a dozen original glazed and also that special collab box with Hulu.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so not only did we get to discuss it, we actually got to taste it. And before your time with us is finished, we'll get some reviews from those the studio about the Hulu box, Yes.
Speaker 3: Everybody, I think everyone. No, you haven't tried any and I haven't tried it any yet, but we've got at least two that have been tried in the Hulu box. So but yeah, to go back to what we were talking about last hour with the seventieth anniversary, and so it's funny that you specifically talked about magic Key, because that is something that I'm a part of. In magic Key is the annual passholder program for the Disneyland Resort. I funnily enough, funnily enough if that's the word just made because you have ninety days out that you can make the reservations is how the system works. So I literally was doing the sixteenth, seventeenth, eighteenth, and they're all available right now. And I was there for a friend's birthday at the resort today and was sitting down to lunch and we booked their reservations. And then, as you have said, there are no more reservations available.
Speaker 2: Were you afforded an opportunity because you were there in person as opposed to trying to do them purely?
Speaker 3: We just caught the tail end before they were gone. I had already booked them with the friends that were with us who live over in Pasadena. They we're booking as we were doing it, but like it literally, you know, ninety days out, we're already set up and ready for the seventieth. And I think because the funniest part is July seventeenth is the actual birthday of Disneyland, July seventeenth, nineteen fifty five. But of course Disney likes to give you as much celebration time as possible, so they'll start it early on Friday, the sixteenth of May. So the biggest thing for you to know now and get ready for if you are not already prepared for it. Nick pollio'channe this weekend with Nick on Instagram, you can actually see I coincidentally have a link there that has all the details about the seventieth anniversary that I just put out on my story today. But you can also follow along and be able to see all the fun and excitement as it happens. So I've got that also. We're getting ready right now. We're doing Celebrate soul Fully at Disneyland mostly actually is in both parks, and that's in celebration of a lot of Black History Month, and then we have coming up next Friday. You'll be able to check out the food and Wine festival because I'll have all the details about that. In fact, I'll be meeting with some of the wine makers and some of the celebrity chefs that'll be there. And then yeah, and then we'll move into the seventieth Birthday celebration. So but it's funny. I am decked out in all my goodies, so you'll be able to see that on social media as well. But yeah, it was wild and I barely made it back from Mammoth.
Speaker 2: From snowboard. I saw that people were like snowed in.
Speaker 3: It was there were two avalanches the snow Patrol. Unfortunately they're fine now, but there are three of them transported to the hospital there. I got up there on Thursday and Friday and we were shut down. There were eighteen miles of the three ninety five that were shut down between Bishop and Mammoth, so we couldn't even get into town.
Speaker 2: And then once we got.
Speaker 3: There, I yours truly decided to make sure that his EV was charged up and got that stuck in the snow. So that was a whole experience. I found out that Triple A does service you. If you get stuck, they'll bring a winch out and get your car out.
Speaker 2: But yeah, it was wild.
Speaker 3: I've never like, I have seen incredible snow in Mammoth and up in Big Bear. I've never seen anything like this before. It was absolute insane and we were staying. If you're familiar with Mammoth, there are several lodges, Eagle Lodge, Canyon Lodge, Main Lodge. We were near Canyon, which is one of the most popular ones. We were able to watch all these things happening. We could see the avalanche when it had came down, like we could see everything from where we were.
Speaker 2: It was wild.
Speaker 3: Were you ever in fear for your own safety? No, we were good because we were far enough away. But it was like we were on the other side of the lodge, so we could see it coming down the mountain. So if it did come down all the way and had it affected the lodge, then it would have been able to get to us. But it didn't quite make it all the way down there, so it was a lot. It was a fun experience, but it's good to be here with you, and it's good to be here with later.
Speaker 2: With mo Kelly. Let me ask you this, somebody who going back to Disney for a moment, someone who goes to Disneyland so often for so many years. Sure, can it meet your expectations for a seventieth anniversary celebration.
Speaker 3: I having been a part of the Walt Disney Company, and I worked there from ninety eight through two thousand and three, and I opened New tomorrow Land, and I the eight and also Plaza in and I was a part of the expanded resort project of opening Disney Grand California Hotel and Disney California Adventure all of that. So yes, can it be done absolutely? And can it be done well? Yes, because Disney is exceptionally good at doing that. The question will be when the Walt Disney Company becomes involved, it becomes a company wide celebration as opposed to just to our resort or to the wal the Walt Disney World Resort in Florida, or Disneyland Paris or any of those things. So it'll be really interesting to see, as we have observed Disney Plus and all the other different properties within the Walt Disney Company, how this will be played out. So what will be returning for the seventieth anniversary Wondrous Journeys, which is a very popular firework show, which is interesting to me because predominantly you get a new fireworks show when a celebration year comes around. In fact, if we go over to Tokyo Disneyland, which is operated by Oriental Land and Sea, which is the partnership with the Walt Disney Company, they have a agreement that every five years, for every celebration year, they have a brand new parade and a brand new fireworks extravaganza, something that we used to have here but we have not seen in a very very long time. We always get these incredible things that come back. That's why the electrical parade continues to come back. Now, Paint the Night will be returning for the seventieth anniversary. Very excited about that. One of the most amazing nighttime parades all that back, but we're not seeing anything brand new now. There will be a new World of Color inside of Disney California Adventure, so that's exciting. But that's just one of the two gates, one of the two parks at the resort, and that's also the new park, the new gate that's not Disneyland, so Disneyland is getting some really incredible returning properties, but there's nothing specifically brand new for the seventieth, so it'd be really interesting to see because Disney does like to keep things close to their vest, so there is a very good likelihood that there's something on the horizon that we have not seen. But people like me who are good on the inside track usually find things out and we may not be able to share those things. I've yet to hear anything that much I can say, so I don't know what the seventieth will hold other than having all these fantastic things that we've experienced and have been gone for a few years will be coming back. So for me, it seems that the theme for the seventieth is going to be nostalgia. I think that's where it's kind of leaning into that idea. Now, there will be a few things coming. The most exciting, but we don't have official word on it is the brand new Walt Disney Audio Animatronic that will be joining and having a very special show along with great moments with mister Lincoln on mainstream, but that will not be opening on the opening weekend. Nosnel, no, no, Well, it's very odd and this is the thing. So if you go through the history and you listen to Diane Disney, who is his daughter, and a couple things. One of the things that was always very specific is that they never wanted to create out audio animatronic of Walt, and now it's happening.
Speaker 4: Mm hmm.
Speaker 3: So I don't know what that is going to look like. So I think that obviously means the Disney family has signed off on it, of course, because they're not going to let you know, Dad being effected in that way in any way, shape or form. And it's incredible to think that Walt will hypothetically be walking among us amongst us once again. But it'll be really interesting to see what happens, because if you've been to great moments with mister Lincoln, it's pretty darn impressive that you think you are looking at Abraham Lincoln. And obviously that is not the case, because that is the tip top audio animatronic that's available right now. What is interesting to me is that with Epic Universe coming to Florida, which will be opening Memorial Day weekend, right the weekend following the opening of the seventieth anniversary, Epic Universe will have some of the absolute state of the art audio animatronics, including in Dark Universe, which will be Frankenstein and Brider, Frankenstein and Wolfman and all of the different universal monsters will be represented in these incredible audiometronics that we've never seen the likes of.
Speaker 2: So can I compare? Will it compete? We'll find out when we come back. We'll also find out about this Krispy Kreme and Hulu dual promotion. We talked about it earlier in the evening, how they've teamed up for this special variety pack of assorted flavors and comminations. We'll learn firsthand whether it's Walla Sharp and I think Andrew Caravelli tates one and I'm not sure Stefan that you takes one of the Hulu Krispy Kreme pack. Okay, So we get some first hand choices about what is good and what is very good and just moment.
Speaker 1: You're listening to later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty. That's call.
Speaker 2: That's KAFI Lady with Mo Kelly and Nick Poliochny. We are live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app and earlier in the show we told you about Krispy Kreme and Hulu how they were teaming up on a new donut collection inspired by movie theater snacks, and in discussing it, we were just overcome with this desire to have some Crispy Kreme donuts. Nick Polio Ketny was listening in at that moment. He wasn't even officially on the show, and he was nice enough to leave the studio, get in his car, go to the other side of Burbank and pick up a box of glazed donuts just for me, because I will eat every damn one of them. There are only maybe four.
Speaker 1: Laugh.
Speaker 3: I have to talk about how I okay, stop, I didn't say you. I just said the box only has four laughs. They could do math though. That's There's a few other people here and we also got a box of the Hulu inspired snack donuts as well.
Speaker 2: Toilet Sharp, you tried the caramel popcorn donut.
Speaker 4: Yes, what was your review the donut? The makeup of it was delicious and the filling good. The caramel added was quite possibly one of the worst ideas Hulu or Christian Kream has ever come up. Let me say this real quick.
Speaker 2: It's an unglazed shell donut filled with caramel popcorn flavored cream filling, dipped in white icing and caramel popcorn, and topped with red icing drizzles. Continue.
Speaker 4: The caramel popcorn is again the most atrocious addition that they could ever put. This popcorn tasted like day old, stale caramel popcorn. Was not a good addition at all. But the donut itself, it is beautifully made. It almost looks like a popcorn bucket. So the white and red drizzle on top, it makes it look like a popcorn bucket. And the popcorn is like kind of at the top if you were to look at it face up. But no, I would never eat that donut again.
Speaker 2: Andrew Caravella, you tried the blue Raspberry slush donut, which is an original glaze donut dipped in blue raspberry flavored icing and blue sanding sugar.
Speaker 5: Yeah, my tongue is still blue right now, so kind of like if you had an icy Yeah, I mean it literally tasted like I ate what a unicorn would throw up.
Speaker 2: I just that doesn't sound positive.
Speaker 5: Well, I mean, you know unicorns are like rainbows and sparkles, right, So it was like a glittery kind of flavor. It wasn't too sweet, and that glittery blue raspberry almost kind of it's almost like dry jelly. That that's what it tasted like, like like the filling that you if you really have a filling and a donut like but it was tried on top. That's kind of what it tasted like. But with a blue raspberry type of vibe. It wasn't too bad. Like if you want to be adventurous, I say, try it once, but I wouldn't go back and get it again.
Speaker 2: Adventures doesn't sound like an endorsement. Yeah, I'm not. Finally a reason to go and get a slice of that. And Stephan, you had the cookie Dough Superstar donut, which was an unglazed shell donut filled with chocolate butter cream flavored filling, dipped in chocolate flavored icing, and topped with gold glitter sprinkles and cookie dough bites. Damn, that sounds like a lot. It is a lot, and so personally I liked it because so you bite into it, there's like little almost like the cookie Crisp Cereal, but even smaller, like they're like dot sizes and you bite into it and obviously there's a cream, but it's a chocolate and the first thought I was like, oh, that might be a little bit too much sugar, But then I gotta bite if something else they put like I'm guessing it's not actually raw, but what tasted like raw cookie dough bites in of the donut itself.
Speaker 3: It probably was wrong and that set it off. Oh it was raw cookie though, I can see that. Yeah, yeah, yeah, okay, then it was it was that was magical? Whoever thought of that? That was great?
Speaker 2: Magical? Okay, so we have one endorsement, right, yeah, I would say so I will Yeah, two nay's. And then what was the the that's what was the candy double featured donut, which is also stuff Yeah, and original glaze donut dipped in white icing, topped with milk chocolate candy pieces and many milk chocolate chips, and drizzled with chocolate flavored icy My goodness. See I'm biased because there's another donut place that I used to go to that started to put like Eminem's on the donut. You put M and ms on anything like that, you got a winner. And it's actually it's actually it was funny because aside from that, it's actually pretty standard of a donut, like, there's nothing too crazy except the M and ms. So I think if you want something a little bit out there but not too much like some of these other ones, I think that's the one to start with because it's got the simple flavor and then you get the crunch from the M and m's. So we have two donuts thumbs up, two donuts thumbs down, or at least once, but never again.
Speaker 5: I want to know which ones were the rejected ones. I didn't make it through marketing. That's what I want to know.
Speaker 2: In other words, if you said yes to this, what did you say no to? That's good, That's what I want to know. No, no, no, we need to go with the cookie dough superstar donut as opposed to the blastest one because I just telefilled.
Speaker 3: Though I was gonna say so it's gonna be like Swedish fish or I'm trying.
Speaker 2: To think of all the different things you would get it. That's not a bad idea to all it if they would have done the popcorn with the telefilling instead of no.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I know I had to go and drink some of that uh cafeteria milk we have over there. So now my stomach is probably could be just early. You got the bubble guts, so I had nothing to do with that part of the show. I just provided this and that's it. Well, we thank you for street. Did you try anything yet?
Speaker 3: I haven't tried anything. I had way too much fun in watching all of you guys do it. I tried the original glaze, all of them. They're delicious. All the studio smells amazing. Right now, you won't say that much. They usually have the law of diminishing returns. Like think of hot dogs. If eat one hot dog is great, two pretty good, three not so much. Fourth, Oh, you've gone too far. It works in the other direction with the donuts. The first one was good, the second one was even better, The third one was heaven. The fourth one was better than sex. Wow, and you heard it here. First, Mike, go for a fifth?
Speaker 5: Somebody get him?
Speaker 2: So I get it. They always say twice on Tuesday, how about five times?
Speaker 4: Wow?
Speaker 2: Thank you very much? Nice, there we go. Finally, I love it. So what were we going to talk about?
Speaker 3: So I'm gonna I'm gonna give you a quick rundown in the last couple of minutes there before my time for the show. There's three different art exhibits that are going down and I've talked about these before with this Weekend with Nick, but it's really worthwhile if you are interested in unique art that is being resold here in Hollywood, so maybe it's from old movie sets or anything to that effect. Also new art from artists who are either well established or brand new or never discovered before. So the three different art shows that actually start tomorrow and run all the way through Sunday are going to be the Felix Art Fair, which is at the Whole Hollywood Roosevelt, and that's a great place to visit just for fun, and it is free ninety nine to get in, so it's worth doing that. Obviously, the art pieces themselves are not but visiting it. Is also at the LA Convention Center South Hall, starting tomorrow all the way through Sunday will be the LA Art Show, which is celebrating its thirtieth year, and that also will have some live demonstrations of artists that will be painting and sculpting and everything else, so that's well worth your time.
Speaker 2: And then the other art show.
Speaker 3: Or the other art fair is happening also starting tomorrow through the weekend, and it is over ten thousand artists that make unique claims to different things. Anyway, this happens in Atwater Village to much smaller kind of alternative things. So if you are looking to get ahead of your spring cleaning and you want to get something new for your home, this is fantastic, especially because all three of those events are supporting the efforts for the fires. So a certain amount of proceeds from every one of those events, for all the purchases of the art, and some of the artists themselves are donating additional funds. All that is going to continue to support those who lost their homes and the Palisades fire and the Eaten fire over in Altadena. So it's a really great opportunity for you to get out and experience something again free ninety nine to get into those If you're looking for something that's a little bit different, that is also available, but you're looking for something that's definitely unique and special. There is a new art exhibition from a Mister Brilliant that starts tomorrow and runs all the way through March. That's going to be more down the anime side of things. And then the one last thing if you're looking for something to go in and do before the weekend comes, The California African American Museum, the cinema there has It Was A All a Dream, and it's a brand exclusive screening with Free ninety nine To visit. You just had to RSVP to the event. This is happening on Thursday seven to nine pm. You can always you know, listen to Later with Mo Kelly and then queue up for this. But if you have not seen It Was All a Dream, it's a very very interesting, very different It's called a visual memoir reflecting on the dawn and golden era of hip hop. But if you don't have a knowledge of that and you go into it, it is so incredibly well done. I have seen it before. I have not seen it in this presentation, but I have seen it before. But it's got notorious Big Wu Tang's, Methan Man's in it, Snoop Dogs in it, a whole bunch of other different performers and a lot of them will actually be there for the screening on Thursday. So and these are great things for you to check out this week or heading into the weekend.
Speaker 2: Very nice, Thank you, Nick. You want to hang around for a little longer.
Speaker 3: I would love to, but if you want to find out what I'm doing, as always, you can follow me on Instagram Nick pollio'channy and this Weekend with Nick you can find out all the details, including on what's coming up for the seventieth anniversary for Disneyland. Also knots very from the Peanut celebration celebrating everything Snoopy and Charlie Brown is going down, And do not forget that the fan Fest is coming up for Universal Studios and I will be there for opening weekend for that, which will be featuring Back to the Future and Star Trek and so many other unique properties. So all that and more you can learn again on social media Nick Poliochanny and this week I with Nick.
Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty