Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon and you're listening to KFI AM six forty, the Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app. Wish there was better news to tell you about on Wall Street, but the Dow is down eleven and thirty nine points. Investors concerned about possible economic slowdown inflation because these tariffs are just rearing to go.
Speaker 2: Baseball wise, just an hour from now, Yourshinobu Yomamocha is going to get his final spring start today. He will start against the Arizona Diamondbacks for the spring training game, but he is going to start when the Dodgers take on the Cubs.
Speaker 3: They go to Japan. Probably a couple of days from now.
Speaker 2: They'll leave for Japan and they do a two game series to start the regular season in Tokyo this weekend.
Speaker 1: Hey, the iHeart Podcast, the iHeart Podcast Awards are tonight.
Speaker 3: I know we're going. We are.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're flying us to Austin right after the show today to do South By Southwest.
Speaker 1: We do a podcast on iHeartRadio.
Speaker 3: We certainly do, don't we?
Speaker 2: And do you know how many times they have offered to send us to the iHeart Radio Podcast awards.
Speaker 1: I don't want to be sent there.
Speaker 3: I would like I'd love to go to Austin. What are you talking?
Speaker 1: I know, but I mean, shouldn't like our podcast? Do we just have a meeting last week or the week before about our podcast?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: For iHeart, I just thought that we would be involved in some way, right, What else is going on? Actually just asking the questions, Like I thought, we literally work for that company and.
Speaker 2: Do a podcast every day. Yep, okay, every day. I was just I was just a lot of content, Yeah, a lot of content.
Speaker 3: It looks like.
Speaker 2: Southern California, we're gonna have mostly sunny for the rest of the day today.
Speaker 1: But are just saying maybe after work we look for.
Speaker 3: Other jobs, is all I'm saying. Things are going to change.
Speaker 2: It looks like the chance of rain decreases Tuesday morning. There's slight chance tonight decreases tomorrow. Realistically, the biggest part of our storm or storms will be coming in on Wednesday. Temperatures high fifties, low sixties, and it's going to be pretty good moderate storm, the potential for local flooding and de brief flows of course, even a chance of some thunderstorms with some brief heavy downpourse Wednesday night into Thursday morning, and about what we've seen in the past, you know, one to two inches coast and valleys, and then two to four inches in the mountains in the foothills.
Speaker 1: Well, the new DA in La County is not bowed down to the Netflix Justice Warriors and says that the Menendez brothers, this has been something that has been litigated, there of juries that have found them guilty, and until they own up to what they did, if they accept complete responsibility, maybe they'll think about asking for a re sentencing. But that's not going to be what happens. The hearing will, can you It will happen on March twentieth, But the DA's office, this DA, unlike his predecessor, will not be asking for these brothers to be re sentenced.
Speaker 2: Speaking of the Menendez brothers, a fifteen year old kid from Wisconsin has been charged with first degree intentional homicide in the stabbing death of his own mother, and in a complaint that was filed against this kid, he told officers he watched the Menendez brother's documentary on Netflix after dinner one night and had the inspiration to stab his own mother after he watched the shot Saints. He allegedly concocted a plan to kill his mom. He hid his sleep medication after she went upstairs in an effort to lure her back down to look for it, and when she came downstairs, he hit her over the head twice with a dumbbell to knock her out, and then stabbed her with a kitchen knife.
Speaker 3: Good lord.
Speaker 1: Misstrial today in the murder trial of an Orange County judge accused of shooting and killing his wife, jury could not agree. They did not acquit him, they did not convict him. This happened in August of twenty twenty three, Jeffrey Ferguson shooting and killing his wife, Cheryl, Apparently, as the story goes, testimony that we talked about the sun testified at the trial. Jeffrey and Cheryl's son went with him to dinner that night, and the two got into it. Mom and dad got into it. At one point, Cheryl saying to Jeffrey, as he pointed a fake handgun at hand a gun with his hand, made a gun motion with his hand and his fingers, She said, why don't you try that with a real gun. The two go home, the fight continues and the real gun goes off. He claimed at trial that it was because he had arthritis in his shoulder and there's no way it was just a mistake. He mishandled the gun and apparently the jury couldn't agree on that.
Speaker 2: In the North Sea, a US flagged oil tanker has hit a container ship, the US ship the Stena Immaculate. The container ship is a Portuguese flap flagship identified as the Solong. They said that there were several people who are still unaccounted for. Thirty two people injured in this incident had to be transported to a hospital nearby.
Speaker 3: That happened at about ten o'clock local time.
Speaker 2: They said that the tanker was anchored about ten miles off of the North Sea coast near Hull, England, when this cargo tank containing Jet one A fuel ruptured. Multiple explosions on board that tanker.
Speaker 1: Coming up later, we'll get into mixtape Monday, including information on how you could own Tupac Shakur's unreleased recordings and lyrics. They are for sale. When we come back Toxic Masculinity. It may get banned in the Bay Area. Isn't the Bay Area one of the places that first brought us the term toxic masculinity.
Speaker 3: You bet you.
Speaker 4: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Twitter was down for a lot of people earlier today in a couple of different instances, and in fact Elon Musk went On took to Twitter to later say that it was a massive cyber attack and that they're still trying to figure out exactly who is responsible for it, but that they have been attacked every day, he said, but whatever this one was was bigger, it was more.
Speaker 3: It was more well put together the cyber attack.
Speaker 1: Can I have some church music?
Speaker 3: Which time?
Speaker 1: That's perfect? Doctors have said, now more gospely no whiter? Yeah, well actually he's not white to see, doctor said. Pope francis no longer an imminent danger of death as a result of pneumonia that's kept him hospitalized for nearly a month. They have decided to keep him hospitalized for several more days to receive treatment. Doctor said. The eighty eight year old Pope remained stable and has consolidated improvements in recent days. This is determined by blood tests and positive responses to drug treatments. You just turned the corner on this thing. They've lifted their guarded prognosis.
Speaker 3: Can I remind you that he's eighty eight.
Speaker 1: This dude's gonna carry on. We may get him for another ten years. Is this what happens when you pray religiously? You live that long?
Speaker 3: Pray religiously, right, there's no guarantees.
Speaker 1: Ah, I'd like to guarantee not to do this eighty eight year old three week hospitalization ventilation reventilation path. Yeah, that's you can sign up for the not that.
Speaker 2: The earthquake yesterday four point one earthquake Hitden near Malibu.
Speaker 3: Four point one. That was obviously four.
Speaker 2: I think there were five or six that were also above a two point five, So just a few rumbles around there. The region has been experiencing a number of moderate earthquakes in In all of last year, so cal experienced fifteen seismic sequences with at least one magnitude four or higher. That's the highest annual total in the last sixty five years. Yesterday's earthquake was the first magnitude four for southern California so far this year.
Speaker 1: Well up in the Bay Area in Santra Fella Marin County, the Board of Education is considering today whether to adopt a resolution targeting the term toxic masculinity. They say it's an effort to boost young men's sense of worth and belonging. Remember, toxic masculinity came on the scene, if I'm not mistaken, around the Me Too time a month, right, Okay, and then you saw it could be correlated. It could not be. My money is on yes, this rapid descent into young males being isolated and depressed and not wanting to have relationships and just obsessed with screens and talking to chatbots to the point of killing themselves in some cases. There's this hole sending young males indoors and away from females culture that I think began with toxic toxic masculinity.
Speaker 3: So I looked it up just because I wasn't sure.
Speaker 2: The term itself came out of the eighties and nineties, but really didn't get the momentum until it was used in the context of the Me Too movement in twenty seventeen.
Speaker 1: And now we've got Darren from Sales coming in here wearing that sweater. I mean, it's gone way out of control.
Speaker 3: Testosterone is gone gone. He's gonna hate that the point.
Speaker 2: The point of this, I think is for this to have come out of the Bay Area is surprising to me because when you start telling young boys to not be violent, to not be masculine, to not be protectors, to not be aggressive, because all of those are bad qualities, you stump their development. You tell them that those things that they feel naturally in many cases, that they're bad. And the more you tell somebody they're bad for the natural thing that's going on in their body, that's what blows people apart mentally. I mean, it just destroys the ability for the kid to have normal feelings because then they start doubting themselves. They start doubting whether they are normal. Is this okay? Should I do this? Can I do this now? Obviously there's alas like the.
Speaker 1: Shame over the sex stuff, Like when boys are like figuring that all out, and if there's any shame at that moment in their lives from whoever, like you shouldn't be doing that, then they're screwed up sexually. For a long time. I've seen the movies.
Speaker 3: That's exactly what we're talking about, is the movies.
Speaker 1: Wait no, but I mean, you're absolutely right. The movies. They will say any type you tell a kid, a specifically a little boy, he's bad for being rambunctious or whatever things that make little boys little boys, right, you're screwing them up up man. Well, and that's what we've seen. You're seeing now average graduate high school. Boys on average graduate high school at lower rates than girls. Now they're less likely to seek treatment, but more likely to have depressive symptoms. Where do you think that came from. It didn't come out of nowhere. It came from telling them and they were bad, and that all men and women should be scared of men and the whole bit. It's not cool.
Speaker 2: The guy who is proposed this resolution, Mark Corner, is the vice president of the San Rafell City School Board of Education. He called it in recognition of the essential role and needs of young men in society. And again for this to have come out of Marin County is a little bit mind blowing. But he's absolutely on the right track to do this sort of thing. The descriptor of toxic masculinity, typically defined as cultural conditioning that encourages boys and men to suppress their emotions by projecting toughness and rejecting femininity. They said that that could lead to feelings of shame and anger. According to the founder of the OCD and Anxiety Treatment Center, Now, the idea that this that toxic masculinity is to blame for that, that that that, on the one hand, the toxic masculinity of telling people telling boys, work your way through it, squash your feelings, don't talk about feelings, that's a girl thing to do. That's just as bad as telling them they are exhibiting toxic masculinity.
Speaker 3: If they don't do those things, yeah, or if they do.
Speaker 2: Either way, it's a mind f It's just it's a way to twist people and control them.
Speaker 1: I would like to argue that my pushback started with Ball's jokes and continued go on that when we started this show is when the need to toxic masculinity thing was kind of getting going, and I think as a pushback it was balls balls balls, right. Yes, embrace them.
Speaker 2: They're part of us, they are part of some of us, part of some of us.
Speaker 1: Right, But that they should like I like a strong man as much as I like a strong woman. I think women should be very strong. I think I embrace that just as much as strong men. Okay, I see you know these.
Speaker 3: So we're equal, we're just different.
Speaker 1: Back to our motivational thing. It's the weakness I don't enjoy. Yeah, doesn't mean you need to beat people up. You can just be strong of character and of who doesn't love a man as a protector? Who doesn't love that? It doesn't make you less as a woman.
Speaker 3: Well, but for some people it does.
Speaker 2: For some people they feel like, oh, I'm going to take care of myself, which is a great quality to have.
Speaker 1: But you don't always have to, not at all in instances?
Speaker 2: Is it even is it even applicable that you will need someone to come alongside you some point or stand in front of you and take the heat for you at some point, right, or get on the phone with the cable company because your WiFi sucks.
Speaker 1: You need that, whether you're a man or a woman.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: You know, sometimes you need your wife to step up and you know, tell you know, tell your boss. F you remember when your wife did that?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Should I ask her about that? Is there a thing I don't remember that she did?
Speaker 1: No? I think I'm just making that up. But you know what I mean, everyone needs somebody to go to bat for them, and I don't think it's a bad thing man or woman. And that was that was the thing that bothered me the most, is like I don't need a man's protection or whatever. It's like, why would you want to take away one of the things that makes a man a man, you know, going back to the cave man days like that. That's all intrinsically. I was going to say intrinsically in us, which is very redundant, but you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: But it's one of those it's a it's an ignoring basic physiological emotional facts about the way we're different.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 1: One, it starts with being a rambunctious little kid, and it starts with all the behavior that you're trying to demonize.
Speaker 2: Those traditionally masculine behaviors, whatever they are, if it's aggressiveness or physicality or you know, the the the toxic masculinity. People will say, well, that's just going to lead to sexual assaults, or it's just going to lead to domestic violence, or it's just no, no, no no. You can still be traditionally masculine, have those qualities and not rape people.
Speaker 1: Right, Just put on a bikini and come swim the breaststroke with us. What I think the same people that bitch about toxic masculinity are the same people that die on the hill of letting people with penises beat the girls in the swim races. I'm saying, those are the same people. How are the same freaking people?
Speaker 3: How is that not toxic masculinity? Exactly?
Speaker 1: Huh?
Speaker 2: All right, We've solved a lot of stuff here. We'll see how that vote goes up at the NFL. All right, coming back our first motivational Monday, we're going to spin the wheel.
Speaker 3: We're going to talk about this motivational speech that we're about to hear.
Speaker 2: We'll see which one comes up on the big wheel. Gary and Shannon will be right back.
Speaker 4: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six.
Speaker 2: Forty everywhere on the iHeartRadio AP. Canada has a new Prime minister. He's already helped run two G seven economies in crisis, is now going to try to steer Canada through what looks like the beginning of this trade war brought by the threat of tariffs of course, the threat of annexation of Canada by the US, and a new federal election that's expected soon.
Speaker 3: Former Central banker.
Speaker 2: Mark Carney is the new Prime Minister after the governing Liberal Party elected him to be the leader in a landslide vote with almost eighty six percent support. He will be replacing Justin Trudeau announced his resignation in January, but we'll still be prime minister until his successor is sworn in very very soon.
Speaker 1: Daw Is down seven eighty seven s and P five hundred and one forty two NASDAC down six sixty four. I think the headline is interesting about the markets being down. It's whatever the current numbers are, and then it always comes with this after Trump doesn't rule out a recession, like it matters what Trump does or doesn't rule out. It is what it is.
Speaker 2: DA Here in La County, Nathan Hawkman says he does not support the resentencing of Lyle and Eric Menendez. He said this morning in the news conference that you heard on the show today, the brothers have repeatedly lied about why they killed their parents back in nineteen eighty nine.
Speaker 3: They're serving life terms without parole.
Speaker 2: Hawkman said last month that he opposes a new trial for the brothers. Of course, the predecessor, George gascon Han recommended the brothers be resentenced to fifty years in life and that would make them immediately eligible for parole.
Speaker 3: Sentencing.
Speaker 2: Resentencing hearing, originally scheduled for December, is now going to be set for later this month.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 2: So we had a bunch of suggestions from people, and I spent part of my vacation going through and finding some good motivational speeches from movies, tv shows, some of them real life, some of them reread by others.
Speaker 1: And how did you come to this idea? Was there something that led you to this?
Speaker 2: Well, we were talking about a couple of things. We were talking about Gene Hackman's death, and we both talked about how incredible the movie Hoosiers was, and that's one of those sports or one of those sports movies that has the speech. I mean, it seems like every one of those movies has a speech that just lights a fire under the guys or the gal whoever it is that are playing in this sport.
Speaker 1: And you watching it, and you watching it.
Speaker 2: That's the thing is that you can take away from a lot of these different movies and TV shows. You can still find joy in someone's fictional retelling of a situation that may or may not have ever actually happened, But you get to put these words together, and a lot of times it motivates people. So we had a lot of suggestions and I have a whole bunch of them on here. Things from Friday Night Lights, both the movie and the TV show Independence Day. We talked already about Miracle with her Brooks, We are Marshall, of course, Brave Heart, a couple of actual high school football locker room speeches which were pretty great. Goodwill hunting is another one.
Speaker 1: So what we're gonna do is spin the wheel. I mean, there are great speeches, and there's great moments and great monologues in movies, but these are the ones that really make you want to get out there and actually play the sport even though you don't play it, or do the thing, whatever it is. Fight the war, what have you get in the fox hole? Put your life on the line, be in the arena, be the gladiator.
Speaker 3: All of those things are referencing certain ones that we've already picked. So here's the deal.
Speaker 2: That wheel that I put in front of you right now, all you have to do is spin that wherever it ends, wherever it lands up.
Speaker 3: That's the one that.
Speaker 1: We'll play Okay, I'm ready to spin all right, here you go. Oh that hurts. It's a big wheel.
Speaker 2: Okay, now leave it there, No, leave it stop if you just leave it right.
Speaker 1: I love pissing you ass stop.
Speaker 2: Okay, mine, you ready for this. Here's your motivational speech for today.
Speaker 3: You're gonna love it.
Speaker 2: The once great Miami Sharks have lost a couple of quarterbacks. They've been torn apart by locker room disputes. So head coach Tony Dematto, laid by Al Putchino, has to get his team to come together with their third string quarterback at the helm, and he's got to do it one inch at a time.
Speaker 5: You know, when you get old in life, things get taken from I mean that's that's that's part of life. But you only learn that when you start losing stuff. You find out life's game of inches. So it's football. The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break of the game, every minute, every second. On this team, we fight for that itch. On this team, we tear ourselves and everyone else around us to pieces for that inch. We craw with our fingernails with that inch, because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the difference between winning and losing.
Speaker 1: Way to live in and die.
Speaker 3: I'm trying this sty just got hired.
Speaker 5: It's the guy who's willing to die, who's gonna win that inch.
Speaker 3: And I know if I'm gonna have any life anymore.
Speaker 5: It's because I'm still willing to fight and die for that itch, because that's what living is. The six inches in front of your face. Now, I can't make you do it. You gotta look at the guy next to you. Look into his eyes. Now, I think you're gonna see a guy who will go.
Speaker 3: That inch with you.
Speaker 5: You're gonna see a guy who will sacrifice himself for this team because he knows when it comes down to it, you're gonna do the same for him. That's a team, gentlemen, and either we heal now as a team, or we will die as individuals as football guys.
Speaker 3: That's all it is.
Speaker 5: Now, what are you gonna do?
Speaker 1: I mean, come on, Pacino, Ah, that sounds so that feels so good to listen to it in March. That music, by the way, how to have been repurposed in Friday night lights.
Speaker 3: I was just gonna say, there's because.
Speaker 1: Something with the music, and I feel like it's reminiscent of another speech from Friday Night.
Speaker 3: Lights, any given Sunday anywhere you can watch.
Speaker 1: That reminds me of Lieutenant Colonel Frank Slade from Scent of a Woman, one of the other great al Pacino movies.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so anyway, what's.
Speaker 1: His line that I'll show you out of order?
Speaker 4: God?
Speaker 3: He was.
Speaker 1: That was a great movie too.
Speaker 2: If you think of any of these great speeches, and it doesn't have to be a sports movie, it doesn't have to be. It doesn't even have to be a movie or TV show in real life and actual speech, we would love to hear it. And on Mondays we will will play these because there's a lot.
Speaker 1: I've got this bald eagle nest up here on my computer all day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, how's it going? Well?
Speaker 1: I mean they just are they just chilling under this bird like for hours, like the eglids, They just chill underneath the mom Yeah, because it's cold, right, But don't they want to get up and run around? They're probably are they doing something underneath there? You're messing around with each other underneath there? Their kids, of course they are, Yeah, but there can't be that much room under that belly right.
Speaker 3: I don't know how you do it. Never been under an eagle.
Speaker 1: Gary and Shannon will continue our mixtape.
Speaker 3: Monday is coming up next.
Speaker 4: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 3: Live Everywhere on the on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 6: Forget Motivational Speaker and Speeches. Shannon had the quote of the day when she theorized how the Pope is staying well by.
Speaker 3: Praying religiously.
Speaker 1: Create Sometimes I'm an idiot and I don't even know it. Fun.
Speaker 3: Wow, those pep talks from the movies Reek of Toxic Masculinity. Yeah, that's very true.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, big gear.
Speaker 3: Hey, Sharon Love and Motivational Mondays.
Speaker 5: If we're gonna start just pulling quotes, can we have a whole new segment tomorrow called Tombstone Tuesdays.
Speaker 3: Yes, we get like a whole lot of Doc Holidays quotes going on. Yes, every Tuesday.
Speaker 1: I need a little bit, okay, a little bit, a little bit, maybe not every Tuesday, but I'm not opposed to throwing in a Tombstone Tuesday here and again.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that be good. I didn't think you had it in you. I'm your Hunkle Hotel.
Speaker 1: I might go rewatch that for the five thousand time.
Speaker 3: Look like somebody just walked over.
Speaker 4: Real great.
Speaker 3: Fights with you Holiday, how big the dif for? So we started the game. We never got to finish Play for Blood, remember.
Speaker 1: Because he's choking on his blood. Remember how I thought he had aids.
Speaker 2: Yes, I do remember that, and I was trying not to, but yes, I do remember that. It's time for a mixtape Monday.
Speaker 1: It was the time.
Speaker 3: Mixtape Monday, Oh day? Whereia was Monday?
Speaker 4: We used a mixtape Monday, Mixtape Monday.
Speaker 1: Oh Man, you could own a piece of hip hop history. Tupac Shakurs got some unreleased recordings and lyrics that are up for sale on a website called Moments in Time. Website is explained in late nineteen ninety early nineteen ninety one, Tupac composed and recorded an unreleased album for a group called Jesse and the Kids. It was never released due to the tragic death of one of the band members. Not only are the lyrics totally unknown, the recordings of three of the album's songs with Tupac and the lead are as well.
Speaker 2: Wow they include The items include sheets of lyrics written on binder paper with playing white paper, along with the tape of the unreleased recording.
Speaker 1: Yikes, I loved binder paper. Shout out to binder paper. They don't use it anymore, do they.
Speaker 3: Were you a wide rule or a college rule?
Speaker 1: A college rule? Come on, wide rule was for the real little kids or the kids who you know? Wait, you were a wide rule kid?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Oh all right, I see.
Speaker 3: I used to write in all capital letters time.
Speaker 1: Yeah you did.
Speaker 3: What was that me with one of the big pencils?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Well year.
Speaker 2: Sabrina Carpenter's in the news. She what is the song that catchy?
Speaker 1: I've never this this song, this one right now, never heard it. It's a joke.
Speaker 3: I was just gonna say, you're.
Speaker 1: Not getting my jokes anywhere.
Speaker 2: This is a second joke of practice, come out of practice.
Speaker 1: The song's on every three to five seconds.
Speaker 2: The problem is the last week that we did the show together, you were in a different place so I could roll my eyes all the time and you'd never catch me.
Speaker 1: And then I said a joke that was a joke on text and you didn't get the joke.
Speaker 3: We get the joke either.
Speaker 1: Maybe it's my jokes. This happened with one of my girlfriends. I said, clearly a joke and she thought it was serious. Maybe my jokes have gone bad?
Speaker 3: Were they?
Speaker 1: Probably never good?
Speaker 2: Charlie xdy X and Sabrina Carpenter got into some trouble the brit Awards ceremony over the weekend, prompted hundreds of complaints to OFFCOM, the Office of Communications there in the UK, which is their version of the FCC.
Speaker 3: She opened the awards show.
Speaker 2: At the O two Arena in London with a mashup of her hit similar to what she did at the Grammy Awards, wearing a red sparkly military style I don't think any of that is military, but red sparkly military style mini dress with matching stockings and suspenders.
Speaker 1: That sounds hot.
Speaker 3: She was seen.
Speaker 2: Having a close encounter with a dancer who was dressed as a soldier wearing a bear skin hat, and apparently at one point you could see her nickers.
Speaker 1: I thought you're gonna say nipples that I did not. I don't think I've said nipples in three weeks.
Speaker 2: But she's wearing what they all wear in the brief in the brief area, right, so it's not like you saw underpant.
Speaker 1: You just saw what listen. I would applaud seeing an underpant on these girls these days. I don't think we're in heavy supply of underpants. Did they even wear underpants kids?
Speaker 3: Oh no.
Speaker 2: Charlie XCX wore a see through black dress and said, and you could actually see her nipples.
Speaker 1: I remember somebody in a see through black something where I saw his nipples.
Speaker 2: But I was not receiving the brit awards. She was up there five times. She won five awards in this event and said quote, I heard that ITV were complaining. That's the network. We're complaining about my nipples. I feel like we're in the area of free the nipple though right.
Speaker 1: See, I knew nipples were going to enter the chat. I just didn't know when.
Speaker 3: Speaking of sorry, I was so late in the show speaking.
Speaker 1: Of nipples, Well, when you said nickers, I thought you were going to say nipples, and then the nipples arrived. Speaking of you were on a movie set this weekend. You are in a movie. You were discovered when you were doing adult theater by someone in the audience who wanted to put you in a movie, and you shot the movie this weekend and you sent me a picture and you said, my first movie shoot. And I said to you, don't let them take off your clothes. Everyone does not do it. And you did not respond, which leaves me to question you whether I whether they talked you into taking off your clothes or not.
Speaker 2: No, I definitely got the joke because I read it to my wife later. I read your text to my wife. I said, Shannon wrote a funny thing.
Speaker 1: And did you keep your clothes on at the movie shoot?
Speaker 3: Is my question? Yes? Okay, I was wearing a suit, right, Yeah.
Speaker 1: I'm just wondering if they talked you out of them on the casting couch.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because everybody does it. Yeah, is that what you mean?
Speaker 1: Yeah, We're gonna have to work on the jokes. So wait, was that a yes or a now?
Speaker 3: On which part?
Speaker 1: On the naked part?
Speaker 3: No? Okay?
Speaker 5: Good?
Speaker 3: Good good?
Speaker 1: And then also, where where can we find this movie? Where do we see it? I will have to know what did to go to production? We'll have to circle back to that.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: They did have another day of shooting yesterday and then some more that they.
Speaker 3: Have to pick up. Did you get feedback?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: Really?
Speaker 3: Well, I mean the director was in the scene with me.
Speaker 2: Oh really, the director of the movie was actually playing the director of a movie.
Speaker 3: Okay, so because it's kind of you know, and he didn't.
Speaker 1: Say like, wow, you freaking knocked it out of the park.
Speaker 2: No, but he did say, we're going to do another take, so I had to do. But part of it was my screwed up the lines.
Speaker 1: You screwed up the lines totally.
Speaker 2: Why because I didn't want to be toxically masculine.
Speaker 1: I'm shocked you screwed up the lines.
Speaker 2: I was a little shocked myself because I thought I had them down.
Speaker 1: But wow, yep, were you pissed off at yourself?
Speaker 3: You have no idea I do.
Speaker 1: I can totally know that.
Speaker 2: Well, like I was saying before, when we get in trouble around here, I'm the one who's like, hey, relax, you don't have to you don't have to write anything, you don't have to tell I'm already more mad at myself than you'll ever be.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so yeah, I was. We did five takes on.
Speaker 1: That, oh my couple of live what it's not it of.
Speaker 3: One of them was the sunshine like the shot.
Speaker 1: Ashley Simpson on SNL, this is a disaster five takes.
Speaker 3: They got better every time. I'll tell you.
Speaker 1: That it's not like you. I want you to go to the doctor.
Speaker 2: You tomorrow maybe maybe, maybe we just call it a day.
Speaker 1: Because we won't be at the podcast awards.
Speaker 2: You miss any part of the show, You can always listen to the podcast though, even if it's not up for an award, on the iHeart appera anywhere you find your favorite podcast, just type in Gary and Shannon. All right, John Cobelt, Show's coming up next, and we'll see you tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Stay dry, everybody.
Speaker 2: You've been listening to The Gary and Shannon Show. You can always hear us live on KFI AM six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Frive, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 6: Mm hmm