Speaker 1: I mean when people calling sick and they're not on their deathbed, Like, fuck you, you're not sick for one day on a Monday or a Friday.
Speaker 2: You're not sick for one day. I'm sorry Friday. Well, if you're sick on a Monday, you maybe hungover, right, then make better life choices. The fuck out water and all You're you did it to yourself at that point.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like, I will go work through the worst hangover ever to make myself suffer.
Speaker 2: You're what twenty six though, chill out on twenty seven. Just wait till you hit thirty days. Then it's the multi day recovery. If you're real, I'm already there. That's the worst part.
Speaker 3: Thanks already there, Thanks thanks long star.
Speaker 2: Take a look around.
Speaker 3: Oh there I go, Thank you, Thank you guys.
Speaker 1: But no, like after Sam's wedding, I went on a four day bend and like Air of the Dog, oh every single day, and I was flying home and I got delayed in Dallas Fort Worth.
Speaker 3: A great story of all time.
Speaker 1: And I got fucked up there and.
Speaker 2: In the airport. Oh yeah, I guess my tax one hundred and seventy dollars.
Speaker 1: No, no, it was ninety three. It was pretty tame because I started drinking at like nine am. And did you know in Texas on a Sunday before noon you can't legally buy alcohol without buying food. Really, so I had to pay for an airport bag of.
Speaker 2: Chips too, ten dollars. Yeah, yep.
Speaker 1: And the I'm like, why, I was just here the other day about the same time and didn't have to buy a bag of chips, And he goes Sunday dog like shut up to Rell.
Speaker 2: So you're still well. You may have just been freshly twenty one though. When they finally changed the law here, I not have to buy to I remember, like when I lived in Duluth for a little bit, you could look up Sunday morning and just see a string of cars going to Superior. Oh yeah, or if you're in North Dakota.
Speaker 1: So as long as I've been legal drinking age on a Sunday, it's ten closed at six. But the worst was I was twenty in June when the tobacco one went into effect, and I'd been chewing since high school. Yeah, and it was just like fucking back in high school having to ask someone, Hey, can you go get me a can of grizzly winter Green.
Speaker 2: Thanks. They should have others changed it, because, like I know, when my my parents were back in the seventies, when the drinking age went from eighteen to nineteen and then nineteen to twenty one, there was people.
Speaker 1: That were grandfathered in, right, and that was the rumor because other states did that. But then Minnesota just said, nope.
Speaker 2: There's times in Minnesota sucks ball.
Speaker 1: And I remember going and giving the lady my idea at the gas station for the first time, and she goes, I can't buy it here, and I'm like, what do you.
Speaker 2: I have bought one last year, ma'am.
Speaker 1: You see me almost every day. What are we talking about? And she's like, you're not twenty one.
Speaker 2: Sorry, the law changed. I'm like, shut up.
Speaker 1: So for that was like the longest two months in my life. I was driving to North Dakota multiple I.
Speaker 2: Mean, it's cheaper too. When I was chewing, I'd go buy it a lot for like fifteen bucks when it's twenty seven over here.
Speaker 1: When I go to North Dakota, I come back with probably five or six logs.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah. I would buy three four at a crack and then go happy. Harry's too, get a thirty year ACTI bush Light for twenty bucks. Yes, all right, sorry you.
Speaker 3: Guys ready the actual show? Yeah, blame right now. I just wait for you guys. Done well, I'm sorry. Fuck?
Speaker 2: Is this not the cold Opening?
Speaker 3: It is cold opening?
Speaker 2: Old it is.
Speaker 3: There's some editing I gotta do.
Speaker 2: You'll forget in there, folks.
Speaker 4: Before we dive in, just a friendly reminder that Beer Belly Sports is a podcast, not a mensa meeting. They're not CNN, ESPN, not your mom's book club, and they're definitely not to be trusted with an intelligent thought. They're here for laughs, beer and a good time, not pulid surprises or perfect stats. The opinions, hot takes, and wild predictions you're about to hear are strictly their own and possibly influenced by whatever was on tap earlier in the day. If you should take anything that they say too seriously, that's on you, Bubba. So crack a cold one, sit on back, and remember. It's all good fun, just a bunch of Minnesotans talking' sports, sippin' beer, sometimes making sense, and demonstrating the thoughts that kept them out of the really good schools. Everybody please just take a breath and we'll begin.
Speaker 2: Stop with his business, smarts, talks like a bro. Matt and Dustin joined him just for the fun, and Lord Dustin SIPs his deer. Scott's got his notes.
Speaker 5: They share fat jokes, talk like they own spots Rimig.
Speaker 2: He's got its own.
Speaker 5: In the sports talk show, Scott's the captain, Matten, Dustin Day know Bruce might be missing, but they still make it fun.
Speaker 2: Fat jokes and drinks.
Speaker 3: They keep it light and run.
Speaker 6: Sell me pro sports talking Bmichie Minnesota.
Speaker 2: Talk like Dick's fat jokes. It's all in the motion.
Speaker 6: Scott leads the way with his business, degrees, dust and drinks, and last they make it all agreed. Matt's not the smart artists. Buddy's got his part. Scott and Dustin they keep the conversation shot, beer, belly and brains.
Speaker 2: Thing makes it all up. Send me throw a sports talk. It's never too tough.
Speaker 6: Dustin's got his drink, Scott's got his script, Matt's got his jokes. They never get stuck. They talk Mike Praus though they're not fat jokes and Beard, They've got it all bought.
Speaker 2: Scott's gootting know how Matt got the jokes. Dustin's got the drink. They achieve it hot and cozy.
Speaker 4: Nitchie's got it sold.
Speaker 6: This sports talk show talk like Dick's fat jokes.
Speaker 2: He's all in the flow. Send me throw a sports talk in them. The g Minnesota fuk like its fat jokes. It's all in the motion. Scott leads the way with their business degrees, dust and jos and last they make it all greed.
Speaker 3: Good morning, good afternoon, good even. It doesn't matter where you are. This is beer Body Sports coming from the Runway Lounge just south of and beautiful Mary, Minnesota. My name is Matt Geffrey. To my immediate left, it is a handsome one himself, the newly haircut, newly haircut, Yeah from wrong one for you new the haircut is that?
Speaker 6: Is that?
Speaker 3: Where it is part of it? Anyways? Uh, it's Scott Wilson. And then to the very far out of the bar, it's not Bruce this week. He has been Bruce's spot. To be honest, it is traffic Coruth. Hi, buddy, welcome back to the show. Crazy You just me fuck off? Dale. Back to the range, Go back to the range.
Speaker 2: You're not old enough to buddy me. Oh wait here, but that is insane.
Speaker 3: I don't care.
Speaker 2: Okay, hot start for you.
Speaker 3: I don't care what else is new anyways, this is beer really sports. Uh they we've been dubbed the semi pro sports talk. We're not. We don't have any hot takes. We just have funny teal in the opener. Uh, we just have fun, right, Scott.
Speaker 2: Fuck around, funk around. We've dropped some beers here.
Speaker 3: We do. Like I said, we have the uh a member of Berberly Sports more on the Bebly Sports Radio Network side from the Silver Bullet session.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's me. That's Travis and he's part of the Pumid Blue.
Speaker 3: Ox Blue Ox.
Speaker 2: No I retired. Yeah we weren't you coaching though towards the end, No base coaching.
Speaker 3: It's amateur ball.
Speaker 2: There's you're the Blue Oxes. Tommy Watkins or Sammy Watkins?
Speaker 1: What was Tommy Tommy Watkins? Hopefully I don't get uh let go from.
Speaker 2: That possession like he did.
Speaker 3: No, he's he's with Atlanta ye out, but he.
Speaker 2: Got let go from the dumpster fire that is the Twins. So I'd rather not be him. It could be the new LaTroy. I'd really Twins legend.
Speaker 3: I'd really rather not be Why not, it'd be a lot of fun.
Speaker 1: Working in coaching with the Twins organization. The pole AADs, Yeah, sounds like a hoop.
Speaker 2: Did you hear Mine and Bruce's take? Shelton must have been the you know, like when the county puts out a road project, they want the lowest bidder. Yeah, that was our Shelton must have been.
Speaker 1: And there were so many better candidates for that job.
Speaker 2: Through out that he'd do landscaping or something too.
Speaker 1: But hey, he's excited to be here, which probably because they're the only place that would actually hire him.
Speaker 2: When you're claim to fame as you had, what two or three hundred lost seasons? Yeah, pretty good. Look what he did with those pirates. Good God, he's so I don't know, I might, I might like rock all better than I'm gonna like. They couldn't get a hold of lou Was he's selling some white walls to somebody.
Speaker 3: Uh, it is a Thanksgiving show. In the second half, we are going to do our snake draft for Thanksgiving. I won't tell you what the subject is, but it's for It's like it's Thanksgiving theme. Maybe we don't have to do all these what we have on a six pack, but we can if we want to, because there's Thanksgiving things we want to talk about. We do memories if you want to. I don't, to be honest, I don't have any book of Matthew memories for things.
Speaker 1: See and I'm calling I'm throwing the flag on that one because I know you're gonna pull one right out of your like it's automate.
Speaker 3: I don't. I don't think it will because I don't remember any good gooss.
Speaker 2: It's crazy though.
Speaker 1: Even on a Me and Sam show, the Silver Bullet Sessions, he always finds a way to open up with the story of book a mass You know what, I'll just I'll.
Speaker 2: So the producer actually contributes on this show. He tries to not say anything. Yeah, I mean you're talking sports. I don't want to talk sports as you own a sports podcast.
Speaker 3: I don't like all we talk at sports. And they're trying to find the sound bore for me. Where was like, we want some negative things. When I say something said control it the entire time.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, he controls the sound. So he asks us for all these sound bites and then he never plays in buries them down at the very bottom.
Speaker 3: Find can't be serious.
Speaker 2: I find some, so well, why don't we pay some bills to the shows? Be brought to you by Angie's Acres down in Aken, Minnesota. Check them out at angiez ACRESMN dot com and get on their delivery list and get you some of the freshest wagu beef, regular beef, chicken plat vegetables delivered right to your door. Andie ZACRESMMN dot com.
Speaker 3: They're awesome. I think their weekend schedule just got filled up too. Yeah, they're busy. Also being brought to by Urban Gerberts right here, but Minjie. They do some catering, so if you're looking at a catering event, Urban Gerberts does all that. It is soup season as well too. They have the bread balls, so if you want to do the soups and the bread balls. The broccoli cheese is my all time favorite.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's also being brought to you by Seventh Avenue Pizza pizza before it was trendy, available at your local circle k slash holiday and let me tell you best frozen pizza that I've ever actually had.
Speaker 2: Hell yeah, I don't know about you, but it's always gonna be holiday, I know, but I.
Speaker 1: Don't want to get in trouble, you know, so believe me. I'm like, oh, I got to stop at holiday quick, and then it pisses me off and someone's.
Speaker 3: Like, don't you mean?
Speaker 2: Circle caut Also the beautiful Knobbin Kettle nestled Quaint down in Lake Alice, which is between Lake George and Lake Itasca. Check them out Thursdays for music with Lois, Friday and Saturday get you some of the best prime rib in the area.
Speaker 1: Also the best room and I've ever had in my life. Oh really, yes, it's fantastic.
Speaker 3: Ooh I love hearing that awesome be brought to by Soda Stick. So normally Bruce has all his Soda Stick gear on him. He usually wears the the Randy Moss pants or he does.
Speaker 2: Like the John Randall n Randall hat.
Speaker 3: All that stuff you can get at Soda Stick. They have brand new things that come out almost every week. Use a promo code beer Belly to get fifteen percent off on your whole entire order that Sodastick dot com It's for It's made by Minnesota's for Minnesota's.
Speaker 2: Also Paul Bingion Communications, probably powering the Beer Belly Sports radio network for the last year and a half with the gigazone and.
Speaker 3: Last finally's Home Choice right here. But Midge, if you want to get anything special like a new laptop like I got, or even a brand new TV. And they have tires, they have furniture, they have whole bunch of stuff, go to Home Choice here, but Midjie use the promo code beer Belly in store, beer Belly Sports, beer Belly Sports. You get one hundred dollars off on your items.
Speaker 2: Is there a minimum purchase some No, So you could go in and buy a three hundred dollars computer get a hundred bucks off right off the top.
Speaker 7: First of all, this was over a thousand No, I'm just okay, TV, yes, yeah, one hundred dollars off. Yeah, So now you're new fifty inch TV is now two like you're just.
Speaker 3: Thinking there, Scott, See, this is why you're the brains. This is why you have two business degrees.
Speaker 2: And he never lets me forget it.
Speaker 3: Nope, how degrees? Bruce and I both do that to you. Bruce, I love Bruce. Never he didn't, he didn't graduate high school. I barely graduated, and you're out here with to fucking business degrees. So yeah, when you went to high school in South Dakota, Yeah, we barely graduated. Hey, okay, first of.
Speaker 1: All, don't Iron Range math has something has something.
Speaker 3: You got both from the Iron Well, you're close.
Speaker 2: Depends who you ask. The further east you get, the less likely you'll hear that Grand Rapids is Iron Range. Absolutely not, absolutely no, We're more of a logging town, but geographically it's on the very western edge of the Massaba Range.
Speaker 3: Cool. Anyways, that is.
Speaker 2: College degrees. I almost fucking threw up. If you ask any of the far East Rangers, Grand Rapids would be the equivalent of the Dinah.
Speaker 3: It is Jesus, it is Rapids equal. I mean.
Speaker 1: The worst though, is people from Grand Rapids. What I've learned when they go somewhere where someone's like, where's Grand Rapids.
Speaker 2: And you, oh, you know the Iron Range.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, we're right on the west side of that, so they claim it when other Iron Rangers aren't around to tell them absolutely not.
Speaker 2: There. We'll go over west of Grand Rapids. There's Tyoga, Toga mind pitt. Yeah, just fine. They can be annexed in not you guys know, no, you gotta go. You got the Bland and Paper Company, that's a ghost. Yeah, we got we got Judy Garland.
Speaker 3: True, true, we got to go there for the logged days.
Speaker 2: You guys got Bob Dylan, And I was so sad I saw.
Speaker 1: I mean it kind of reopened again as something completely and utterly different. It changed ownership god knows how many times, but it's now a brewery.
Speaker 3: So you gotta know that the best left handed quarterback in the statement is to sit to our left. Oh yeah, he was pretty good for a couple of weeks.
Speaker 2: One of the best five five weeks, five weeks, I was the best. So my my nephews still live in Grand Rapids, My brother still lives there, and they're big lacrosse. See that's how you know you're not part of the Iron Range. Have lacrosse. So he my brother went to HCC.
Speaker 1: Yeah, cardinals fly together Harvard on the Highway.
Speaker 2: And so he was part of the cop program. But he said something the other day and it made me go look on Google maps. I was like, when the fuck did Hibbing get a Navy football field?
Speaker 3: Oh? Is it not?
Speaker 2: When I was there by the way it's they put in Navy turf. It's actually sick. He's like, it's hot as fuck to play.
Speaker 3: I can imagine that.
Speaker 2: I hate anyway. Oh yeah, because we used to for football, we'd go to like PSS in Duluth and that ship's worse than sand. Yeah, you get that in your shoes or in your guy.
Speaker 1: And it was like and it was like the oldest turf in Minnesota and getting tackled.
Speaker 2: On that, especially in mid November for Section playoff.
Speaker 3: Ye, it was all what happened.
Speaker 2: It's fucking hard that happened. Story of my life.
Speaker 3: Man, all right, should move on to the first or get into our six pack.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, it's time for the Belly Sports six pack.
Speaker 2: Whatok to you buy?
Speaker 4: Bryce Primo from Team Cermac real Estate. Just like your favorite Minnesota team, you need someone who knows how to close, fie, sell, move win with Bryce Primo and the Dumagy area called two and eight seven six zero ninety seven eight nine for send an email to Premonition Free sixty five. That's hotmail dot com.
Speaker 3: Well, well, well the Timberwolves are they that good? The Minnesota Tiberwolves are ten and five, They're six in the West. But they want a pretty fair though they've they've beaten pretty good teams. Well, I don't think the Wizards were all that good. But they beat the Mavericks without Luke.
Speaker 2: Obviously, didn't they shit stomp them?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 3: They beat the Mavericks one hundred and twenty to ninety six, the Wizards one hundred and twenty to one oh nine. But then before that they played the Nuggets and loss one hundred and twelve to one to twenty three. But before that they were on a fucking heater win against the Kings. But Kings are men. The Jazz.
Speaker 2: Holy fuck? What one hundred and forty four points?
Speaker 1: Yeah, See, that's why that's my gripe. Put the NBA regularly. Shit, that's my gripe. Put the NBA regular season.
Speaker 2: There's no defense like seventeen When we were growing up, that was a high score. One hundred and forty four points. Jesus crazy.
Speaker 3: It used to be like what the All Star Games used to r mores. Why don't watch the NBA anymore because there's no fucking defense. I don't fucking care.
Speaker 2: But I like like watching tiktoks and stuff. Now people are really starting to call out Lebron for his flopping.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's awesome that I'm Dad's favorite player.
Speaker 2: I know, I'm the.
Speaker 1: Biggest Lebron hater ever. Like, respect him, respect how good he's been, you know, but my god, do I hate him.
Speaker 2: He's losing any credibility for the golt argument now though, too, because I think it was Wilt did an interview and he's like, there's no way that you can even consider Lebron in the goat category because he's achieving these stats now because he's played twenty five years, correct, not like where Jordan played for what was it thirteen or fourteen and was as good as he was, Yeah, and had he wasn't team hopping to try and win titles. He won six titles in Chicago.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And I saw something too, It was like, so suck at Ayden.
Speaker 1: Someone said Lebron is the most skilled ever and like the best to do it, and Jordan is the best winner that there ever was. Because you can't deny six for six in the NBA.
Speaker 2: Finals, right, He's how many has Lebron lost? He's lost more than he's won, if I remember correctly. On they have three rings. Oh, speaking of Lebron, Bruce and I dubbed Matt Brownie, it doesn't live up to it. So Minnesota Timberwolves. They are ten and five with the six six seven win percentage right now, which is good for top six in the West. That would avoid a playing game right now if playoffs started today.
Speaker 3: They play against the Suns tomorrow night, which is going to be a Friday, and obviously this will go out by then. The Suns, I think it sounds, are generally a good team. And again this is Bruce is here. He be able to help us out with it.
Speaker 2: But the Suns are nine and six, so they're just under the two.
Speaker 1: It's it's a little early for this, you know, like you can do this with the NFL for sure, because it's such a short season.
Speaker 2: But eighty two games, there's a lot a lot of season left.
Speaker 1: A lot of injuries to be had by God knows how many people, by how many teams. Are the Tea Wolves that good? I think they are based on their Do they maybus two seasons?
Speaker 2: Do they make it to a third straight Western Conference Finals?
Speaker 3: I hope?
Speaker 2: So that's about the only time I watch them. That was a question Bruce posts to us, what two or three weeks ago, and I thought, yeah, just because they ran it back with the same roster mostly Yeah, but I didn't like some of the roster moves. But then seeing two more specifically, Ant is just on fire.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: He's had like four or five games with thirty five plus points so far this year.
Speaker 1: So I saw a quote from my guy, Steven A. Smith, not my guy, but he was like, this guy's playing he just got paid, but he's playing like he is dead, broke contract here. Yeah, but I love watching Aunt. Actually, he plays hard and he's one of the best defensive players in the league when he wants to be. I just don't know how much of a supporting cast the tee Wolves are really giving around him, hanging on to Rudy Gobert.
Speaker 2: Well, Bruce is not a fan of Rudy. He wants to see the new what's the guy Barry on the air or whatever? Yeah, he wants to see them trade off Golbert. Which are they still in the parts of the trade because it was what every other year they gave up a first round for a few years. Are they still in that right now? I believe? So this is Rudy's what third year, your fourth already. I'm not sure.
Speaker 3: I'm not sure, to be honest, but I remember, let me ask my insider.
Speaker 1: I remember being mad when they made that my peyton. Because NBA is obviously evolving, and Rudy Gobert can't shoot the basketball or dribble the basketball.
Speaker 2: Or he can't catch a pass correct.
Speaker 1: Like all he can do is grab a rebound every now and now and again and dunk.
Speaker 2: That's it. He's got to be better than the shack. Can he make a free throw? Sometimes?
Speaker 3: Sometimes?
Speaker 2: So he's a skinny shack, Yeah, a French skinny shack.
Speaker 3: Anyways, let me look at us, Rudy. I just I just sent see if he sees it.
Speaker 2: But so far, Now I want to know, is free throw percentage.
Speaker 4: Of cant.
Speaker 2: That's better than Shack. Shack was like a thirty five career.
Speaker 3: His current one.
Speaker 2: His current for this season is forty eight point nine.
Speaker 3: I can do better.
Speaker 2: Shot bet.
Speaker 3: How many shots? You know what?
Speaker 1: No, we'll get you out on the court. You're gonna shoot a hundred free throws and we're gonna see.
Speaker 3: I'm not doing one hundred. Well, you have to.
Speaker 2: You got to get the average. No, it's not that hard. You just stand there.
Speaker 3: I'll be fine for like the first one, and after I'm would be like this sucks.
Speaker 2: Well, gotta get the average.
Speaker 3: I didn't. I didn't say yes of the shot, bet so no, Okay, we'll do fifty. How about twenty five?
Speaker 2: No, no, fifty. It's either do one hundred free throws or we're going to stand in the slot and take clappers at you like you did.
Speaker 3: Whoa, oh those clappers.
Speaker 2: Sorry, slap shots.
Speaker 3: Okay, slap shot forgotta that was a lot of fun.
Speaker 2: Pat up chicken ship I did. Can we call up Kleiner? Get him back up Kaner?
Speaker 3: No, he's down in Uh, he's down in Miami living the best life.
Speaker 2: No, so yeah, I wonder if you could get Tom out there, since he called him Jim, I wonder if he's got some pent up resentment over that.
Speaker 3: I would do that. That would be a fun entertainment.
Speaker 2: Just don't call him Jim again.
Speaker 5: Tom.
Speaker 3: Anyways, moving on.
Speaker 2: The Wall of Saint Paul.
Speaker 3: Thanks to Bruce for coining that phrase.
Speaker 2: Is referring to Yesper Volstead, the goalie for the Minnesota Wild, who as a team right now are ten to seven or four have a dog shit overtime record, they're one in four and overtime.
Speaker 3: Well that's it feels like the same thing that happened when Nick was in the net. Like as soon as they overtime starts right in the fucking pipes, game over. But so.
Speaker 2: Our new expensive goalie, dust Buss, has played fourteen games. He's got five wins, seven losses, and two overtime losses. Has a goals against average of two point ninety nine and a save percentage of point eight nine seven, which is horseshit that. Meanwhile, our rookie is undefeated in regulation. He's five oh to two with a two point two zero goals against average and a point nine to two six save percentage. The future is now. If you ask me, let the boy play, Let.
Speaker 3: The ball play.
Speaker 1: Are the wild ever gonna be like good state of hockey? Are they ever gonna be good?
Speaker 2: Like every they They're always typical Minnesota team, just good but not quite good enough to get over the hump, But they're too good to get a good draft position correct, always right in the middle, you know, such as life for the Vikings as well, You guys laughed, But where was Detroit for the last twenty five years?
Speaker 3: It doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: I was only I was only two years old, twenty five years ago. The last time Detroit won a playoff game before this decade. Oh that's fine. No, no, no, no, no, nineteen ninety two.
Speaker 3: They no, they beat the Cowboys. Why don't they? They did beat the Cowboys in ninety two as well, but Calvin Johnson and Matthew Stafford also played that.
Speaker 2: No, no, I don't think they ever won a playoff game with Stafford. But anyways, the Wall of Saint Paul, he's dominating right now and he's our one B goalie.
Speaker 3: So what he's saying, you got to mix it up.
Speaker 2: Well, just due to the contracts right now, it's gonna be Gus Bus getting the predominant load. But Valstead's definitely making a case to get more games.
Speaker 3: All right. I got it for you the wild card in ninety one and won the wildcard round, but lost in the conference championship ninety three, lost wildcard round, ninety four, lost wildcard round and five. Lost in the wildcard round ninety seven, wildcard round, ninety nine, lost in the wildcard round twenty eleven, lost in the wildcard round twenty fourteen, lost the wildcard round in twenty sixteen, same shit, and then twenty twenty three we shit the bucket. We should have been kicking getting the points instead of going for it, and fourth against the forty nine ers wild Card Division round before losing in the nc NFC Championship game.
Speaker 2: So in other words, no, yeah, I was right. That was the long, long version.
Speaker 3: Of I was talking about being in the playoffs. But okay, no, we're said win win, Okay, I didn't hear that part. Sorry, there was a shock.
Speaker 2: Very selective headphones. How does Katie feel about your listening? Doesn't and you're reading skills.
Speaker 3: Read reading makes she laughs.
Speaker 2: It's actually crazy though.
Speaker 1: Part of his Tinder profile very very good listeners, all right.
Speaker 2: That I wonder if his resume said like attention to detail too.
Speaker 3: Very detailed focused sometimes depending on.
Speaker 2: What excellent time management skills.
Speaker 3: I do actually that self driven? Well do you think why the old opener was when I sent you guys from Dwight? What what? No?
Speaker 2: It was like slow moving? What? Inattentive?
Speaker 3: What? Dull?
Speaker 2: But shows a lack of motivation.
Speaker 3: Constantly snacking. That's all they sent me. And then this.
Speaker 2: Fucker quits his job, goes in there and gets more more what Cola shut up?
Speaker 3: Sucker? Goddamn Dick.
Speaker 2: Talked about it last week not on the show. Yes you did.
Speaker 3: I don't remember that part. Give me a leader of Cola, leader, sir. We don't make a leader of Cola.
Speaker 2: That look like spit to you. Hey, Farvara, what's that restaurant you want to go to? Shenanigans?
Speaker 3: What's plays all the goofy shit and Mozarella six Shenanigans? Oh?
Speaker 2: They get that syrup in the.
Speaker 3: Clipping that one for Anyways, you boys like Mako, Let's move on to the next thing.
Speaker 2: Okay, speaking of the wild, Minnesota Wild owner Craig Leopold is now part of a group that is bringing guess what, Matthew, what professional women's volleyball to the g Spot Grand Casino. That's a crazy matt won't be able to find it.
Speaker 3: I've found enough. It wasn't enter Perse like I thought it was. Wow.
Speaker 2: So anyways, Yeah, Minnesota's getting named major league volleyball team that will be playing their home games down at the Grand Casino Arena the Act starting next year.
Speaker 3: I believe it was not the volleyball team's name going to be I.
Speaker 2: Don't think they said what their actual team name is, yet it's just Minnesota.
Speaker 3: It's like how they like the volleyball volleyball the hockey team was for a while.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well that was the league itself, didn't name the teams until the after the first year.
Speaker 3: Anyways, I'm trying to look it up. Would you guys go, would you guys go? Would I Yeah?
Speaker 2: If it was men's volleyball, absolutely.
Speaker 3: Really why men's are compared to women's curious.
Speaker 1: Because it's way more fun to watch in my own personal opinion. They hit the ball harder, they jump higher, like, it's just more entertaining.
Speaker 2: Okay, like Olympic volleyball.
Speaker 1: I'm watching the dudes, then I'm watching beach volleyball.
Speaker 2: Say Matt watches women's volleyball because they're just wearing bikinis. That's not the worst reason.
Speaker 3: I mean, Nope, I'm not gonna say it because you guys don't make fun of me, and it's gonna get clipped.
Speaker 2: No, No, you have to know you that's you are a woman, aren't you?
Speaker 3: You just you know.
Speaker 1: I'm not even gonna bring it up, but I'm gonna mention it. I'm gonna mention it a bunch of times and.
Speaker 2: Not bring it up. That's right too.
Speaker 3: One of the why I'm not broadcasting women's volleyball anymore, why.
Speaker 2: Because he can't be within five hundred feet of them.
Speaker 3: That was supposed to be funny and oh damn it.
Speaker 2: But still here's the press. Three. Major League Volleyball, the premier professional volleyball league in the United States, is thrilled to announce that Minnesota as its newest franchise markets set to begin competition in twenty twenty seven. The addition increases a total number of teams to eleven for the twenty seven season. That's kind of an odd number for a league. The new team is majoritily owned by Minnesota Sports Entertainment, which is the owner of the Wild who is aka Craig Leopold, and minority investors include Tim Connolly, who is the president of basketball operations for the Timberwolves, Matt Mithan, who is part owner of the Minnesota United Football Club, and a couple other people I've never heard of, dude.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're unnamed, but the teams, the names are pretty good. We got the Indie Ignite, the Grand Rapids, Rise, Wow, Dallas, Paul's Columbus Fury my personal favorite, the Atlanta Vibe, but San Diego but and the Omaha super Novas, but and the Orlando Valkyries.
Speaker 3: But so interesting.
Speaker 2: So I saw some comments on this when I saw announced on Facebook. Would you guys agree with this by adding yet another and men women? You know that's not what I'm getting into, but just another professional team? Does that oversaturate the Minnesota market a little bit? A little bit?
Speaker 1: I mean Minnesota and Indiana or they're they're pretty similar.
Speaker 3: At this point. They are.
Speaker 2: They have a lot of a lot of similar Indiana just doesn't have the hockey team, right, you know, so consumers are going to have the choices of hockey, men's and women's basketball, men's and women's baseball, football, but volleyball soccer? But uh, you know so, does does it get to a point where there's just too many choices in? It? Adversely affects attendance, especially when a team may be mediocre and they're not getting the ticket revenue.
Speaker 3: No. Well, I don't think the Twins ever gonna leave.
Speaker 2: I wish they would, I know, I don't.
Speaker 3: What are the best stadium? What do you do with that stadium? Target field?
Speaker 2: Burn it to the ground that I love National Treasure of Canada. No Rush, and I love Rush some Thoma Sawyer little Limelight.
Speaker 3: I gotta put that down. That's a that's a good one. No, not Rush Nickelber.
Speaker 2: Canada's national treasure. M they are. Did you watch the documentary on Netflix about him?
Speaker 3: It was good.
Speaker 2: I mean they got Chad Krueger. He's the spider Man.
Speaker 3: Road server.
Speaker 2: Alright, moving on, Yeah, we're just clipping right along.
Speaker 3: That's fine. We're almost an hour.
Speaker 2: The Gophers at Wrigley Field? Is this football?
Speaker 3: Minnesota Golden Minnesota Golden Gophers football is gonna be at Wrigley against Northwestern this Saturday. Do you think they're fucked?
Speaker 2: They got ship stomped by Oregon.
Speaker 3: Well, we all knew that was gonna fucking happen. I didn't.
Speaker 2: I watched that game wholeheartedly, believing they were gonna win for one quarter.
Speaker 3: Then it all went down the Wildcats for by three and a half points. According to Better Edge. Talk about better Edge a little bit.
Speaker 2: I'm not good.
Speaker 3: Both Gophers are six and four, northwesterns are five and five. The Wildcats they're a smart team.
Speaker 1: They're on the they're on the come up. They are on the come up.
Speaker 2: So this mister Fleck here, it's kind of had a mediocre season, But why is he still getting his name brought up for some of these major openings.
Speaker 3: I honestly think just a big old smoke screen. If he was winning, it would be different story. But he's not winning.
Speaker 2: He's had a mediocre career. I'll give you Minnesota how many extensions though, every time there's a major program, Minnesota is going to throw another two three year, multimillion dollars extension on it.
Speaker 1: Because he goes and wins a bowl game every year, That's all they care about is who won the Alamobile, who won the cit who wins the Tostitos Fiesta Bowl. That's all they care about.
Speaker 2: Which to that point, and if you've ever heard Bruce and I both, season is so overrated now there's it's so pointless.
Speaker 1: Tuesday I said, I said this on Tuesday that you basically have to lose your entire season to not make a bowl game anymore.
Speaker 2: Colorado didn't qualify and there what three and three and nine? That's because the NCAA hates.
Speaker 3: Well, right, So uh, p J. Fleck overall record is eighty eight and eighty eight six and eighty eight and sixty one for University of Minnesota. It's fifty eight and.
Speaker 2: Thirty nine in Minnesota alone.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just Minnesota.
Speaker 2: That's great.
Speaker 3: If the no in the in bowls, there you go.
Speaker 1: But that's great if your goal going into every season is to not win a national championship.
Speaker 2: But that's obviously not the goal. Actually, I can't talk for PJ, but might not be his goal at this point. And we'll just get bowl eligible, make our little payout from that.
Speaker 3: And move on.
Speaker 1: Go beat a ship Auburn team in the Citrus Bowl again, and.
Speaker 2: The Duke's Mayonnaise Bowl, the Pop Tart Bowl. God, there's so many stupid names now for the.
Speaker 1: I mean, as long as someone's willing to pay for it, just keep adding them.
Speaker 2: I just think bull season has just gotten to beat irrelevant now because there's they're so saturated and there's teams that have losing records that are bowl eligible. Yeah, yeah, I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't watch bowl games anymore like I used to. I will like the playoff games, I will.
Speaker 2: But those actually mean something. Yeah, there's forty seven bowl games. One college football suck. That's and that's.
Speaker 1: So there's forty one. But plus the college football playoffs are all considered bowl games too, so there's that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because the semi finals is like the Citrus Bowl, yeah, which.
Speaker 3: Is like the premier games, which I don't really like that type of style they take away from. Like the old Rose Bowl was always packed, pack ten teams, yeah, big twelve teams, big ten teams, so pack twelve and big ten there. It used to be that. Now it's not. And I was like, whoever you want, whoever it is, we're the biggest checkbook.
Speaker 2: I mean, well, and then too, you get the other side of it. Half the team doesn't even play in the bowl game anymore. They're good opped out. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Oh god, Like McCaffrey did that too, And I don't know what bowl game it was. I know it wasn't a playoff, but it was a bowl game. He didn't want to be in it, and he said fuck it. I think he kind of either really started, but you kind of.
Speaker 2: Christian cmc yea caffre Yeah, with his brother because he's got a brother that plays for who does his brother play?
Speaker 3: Fido Backers? No Broncos.
Speaker 1: Anyway, I meant anybody can sponsor the though it's I'm looking at him right now. We got My favorite one so far would have to be the famous Idaho Potato Bowl sponsored by the Idaho Potato Commission.
Speaker 3: Damn, Like, what are we doing? No ship? Huh?
Speaker 2: How much money is there in potatoes? So Matt, you could have the Beer Belly Sports Bowl if you put up the money. I bet that would happen. The Semi Pro Bowl.
Speaker 3: Semi pro team, not the Accipent, but an actually semi pro team that was used to play apt PS a long time ago. Called them Mosquitoes an accidentally, Yes, out the act when needs to be indoors, you know a different act.
Speaker 2: Did you watch that Facebook clip I sent? Was it yesterday in the day before the Arena football game on PS two?
Speaker 3: Yes? I fucking love that. I want to get that game just for the like.
Speaker 2: It reminded me of the old Axeman days.
Speaker 3: Oh good times. I miss you weren't around during that, Travis. But when I know it's they're good stories and bad stories.
Speaker 2: But well the owner was a bad story.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the owner. The couple of owners that were there were just fucking terrible. But I used to m see all the lot of the games and Mark Ritchie was one of them too, and we had a blast fucking doing them, and they were they sold out almost every time, but just mismanaging, like any semi pro team or any arena team, mismanaging money. Then he actual someone who actually has fucking money and knows what the fuck they're doing to run a team.
Speaker 2: And then he was housing the players at a resort in the off season that I thought it was right out like the Hampton or whatever.
Speaker 3: But they have to pay for that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know a few of the guys lived at one of the resorts because the resort is like sure, you know now, why not off season income? But then yeah, two of the the one owner had balances do all over town, all over. Didn't you have a jersey for a while? No?
Speaker 3: At a hoodie you ever?
Speaker 2: Have you guys ever seen the ranch? He's wearing a he wears it very frequently. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And the two one eight store or whoever still makes them really they because I looked when I was watching it, and they like sold out like crazy after that show came out because people wanted the.
Speaker 2: Merch for it.
Speaker 3: Huh interesting now kind of have you was just there? Yeah, I'm intrigued.
Speaker 2: Now, did you know Matt modeled over the weekend. Dude, I did. I didn't know. It's not let's see the proofs.
Speaker 3: I don't have him yet. I don't want to see him too.
Speaker 2: They must have been desperate.
Speaker 3: I got free stuff out of it, and I gotta do a winter stuff for them too, as long as it's not like I I suggested us.
Speaker 2: Who you who you modeled for? Though? Yeah, a lot of the hats I wear that she makes them.
Speaker 3: She has it's the Richardson's and I love their hats.
Speaker 2: Mine was the one twelve everything.
Speaker 3: She made twelve, Yeah, she said, the one twelve and the one.
Speaker 1: Everything she made was branded bills for me. Great hats by the way, shameless plug shot up, but they're they're really cool hats. I love the hats.
Speaker 3: She has a lot more stuff and she does want to do some more modeling too, so we can get some stuff, which I think about doing some merchandise and through her sports.
Speaker 1: You know, Matt, I think you are the Canada to keep modeling because thank you. It's something about that smile.
Speaker 3: Those teeths and oh.
Speaker 2: So he sends us these what I do melts my heart like warm body. So he sends us these pictures or I asked about his modeling. Oh yeah, and then so all of a sudden he's loading up welcome and he's like, gosh, I do look good in the Yeah. Well, so it's this one where he's like staring off into the distance given a little bit of a smolder.
Speaker 3: Yep, smaller look. He's fucking jealous Matt's modeling career. Do you underwear model for this one?
Speaker 1: I'd rather you didn't. Maybe like a heavy pair of car heart pants or some new jeans would be great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, as long as it's not like underwear modeling.
Speaker 3: Bingo, send feet picks whenever you can. I will try my best. Rent all right, moving on?
Speaker 2: Only fans is making money right now.
Speaker 3: I gotta make money somewhere. They're okay, looking calm down, they're okay, looking okay. Anyways, so the mens little vikings, Uh, Jason McCarthy, is he the next Christian ponder?
Speaker 2: That's a little premature.
Speaker 3: I know. It's want of fire out there and a lot of people.
Speaker 2: So he sends us, Wait, this one's this one's been his profile picture on ship for like two years though.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I bet you, I bet you.
Speaker 2: That's an old picture. I bet you that's on this.
Speaker 3: That. I'll tell you they are not.
Speaker 2: Yes, that one absolutely is.
Speaker 3: That was hot. That was before I lived here, so I had to be about three years ago.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because you got the blacks here in the background there.
Speaker 3: Oh uh this hobnestly really sports that had to be.
Speaker 2: Got golf course.
Speaker 3: Yeah that one.
Speaker 2: Dustin sent.
Speaker 3: That one. Oh yeah, brilliant ship. Yeah fine, whatever, funk off, guys. Anyways, what are you getting mad at us for? I'm fine.
Speaker 2: J J.
Speaker 3: McCarthy. Is he the next Christian Ponder?
Speaker 1: No, No, nope, it's mac Effer, the next Calvin Kwine.
Speaker 3: I don't know what is it?
Speaker 2: The cruise from the Longest Yards man find that old lady? Yeah, ends up in jail. I remember you.
Speaker 3: I'm thinking about all this ship. You are Paul Crue, Paul Crew, Jeffery equal Paul Crew. I think we broke up. So anyway, damn it. That's one.
Speaker 2: I'm not wearing a fucking sailor costume, quotes Paul Crew. But no, I think, like I said in our group message, people need to remember that this is essentially JJ's rookie season. He's gonna make mistakes, he's gonna have some growing pains. Let him figure it out. I think it's more on coaching than Okay, so you're calling for KOC, then I'm not calling for his job yet. But he needs to put the keyword. He needs to be putting JJ in positions where it's quick reads, quick developing plays. So JJ's not sitting there holding the ball for five seconds chuck in the pall six.
Speaker 1: What I don't get is, uh, get the ball into your playmaker's hands.
Speaker 2: Right, Do some play actions and some rollouts and stuff like that, like get him moving, you know, don't give him time to think.
Speaker 1: And one thing that I'm gonna say, though, I think it's on JJ. A lot of the drops that are happening.
Speaker 2: Well, they're either a little short or little back shoulder where it should have been front shoulder.
Speaker 1: It's or it's a five yard route and he is throwing fuckingbes though.
Speaker 3: Yeah, hit off of Adam's hands. He's got mithile.
Speaker 1: I can't even say this on here. And I can say a lot of things on here. I can't say this one. But he has zero touch. He's got the touch of something that I'm not gonna say.
Speaker 2: It's not good.
Speaker 3: I can't say it with it.
Speaker 2: But Green Bay Zone Brett fab was known for breaking fingers.
Speaker 3: But.
Speaker 2: He could also be very accurate with a deep ball. True. But to this point, though I gave Matt shit about this, JJ still hasn't lost in Michigan. No, No, he hasn't.
Speaker 1: He hasn't, which is crazy because he threw for like one hundred and fourteen yards of that game.
Speaker 2: But right, well, even the Chicago game last week, it was like, how the hell, and Dustin I think said it. Flores absolutely deserves a head coaching opportunity for this struggles that this offense has had this season, and they're still finding ways to win. They're in positions to potentially win. Yeah, but then our special teams fucking screwed the pooch and let them out.
Speaker 3: You see it, So did I.
Speaker 1: I was sitting at Buffalo Wild Wings here watching that game, and I let Vikings fans have their moments during the Vikings games. You know they it was awfully quiet for ninety nine percent of that game.
Speaker 3: You snapman at the end of that game. Yeah, but.
Speaker 2: Whatever, they tied it up or took the lead seventeen six, and whole.
Speaker 1: Bar's freaking out. They're doing the stupid ass school champ and uh and then the ensuing kickoff happens and I stand up and just did this right here, and you just see KOs turn to the sideline and just go what the fuck?
Speaker 2: Yeah, all you gotta do is pin them back, yep. Kick it out of bounds. Yeah, well no, because that gives it.
Speaker 1: That gives it to him forty meant kick it through the end zone for a touchmock. It's not an option anymore.
Speaker 3: Is that a penalty now?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: Fuck yep.
Speaker 2: It has to land it otherwise if it lands in the end zone or a touchback, it's starts at what the thirty five five? Yeah, yeah, whereas they gave it to them on our thirty five yep.
Speaker 1: But I kind of enjoy it though, because the Vikings wide receiver room is pissed right now, and you know they hate JJ.
Speaker 3: Justin.
Speaker 1: Jefferson is normally pretty level headed with most things, you know, and in interviews he's been great, like giving JJ McCarthy he's doing a team player yep. But you can't hide your sideline reactions when there's five hundred cameras on you and you're slamming your helmet or.
Speaker 2: You get a ball saled on you by ten yards over your head.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 2: You gotta shove a rocket up you're asked to catch him. Yeah, it's I think they're getting sick of it to be frustrated, because aside from JJ, this was a team that was supposed to be in like built to win now mode.
Speaker 1: Yep, which they were. I'm not gonna say last year with Darnald, I would I'd put last year into that belt.
Speaker 2: But to go fourteen and three, there's an argument to to be made that had they resigned Donald to the forty or fifty million dollar window, they wouldn't have gotten Isaiah Rodgers, the wouldn't have gotten Hard Gave, they wouldn't have gotten all these other guys that they got all fair points. But you know what would you take fourteen and three or what we're doing now, Well, well at fourteen and three and we still lost in the first playoff game, correct, but you had the playoffs Donald and he actually did it last week against h He had a Sam Donald game, four picks. You know, the spotlight starting to shine on him and he's starting to wilt a little bit.
Speaker 1: Now, I wouldn't say that because Jared goof forgot how to throw the football last week. Also, granted he was dealing with forty mile an hour wins in Philly, a guy in his lap every snap up, uh.
Speaker 2: Which JJ has shown two to that point. If he's got time, yeah, he's all right. But when your line looks like Swiss cheese and as soon as a ball snapper's a guy in your face.
Speaker 1: I give JJ credit, as I'm giving Caleb Williams credit. They both at times look so unbelievably good for like two passes a game, each of them, but then.
Speaker 2: They have those one throws. What the fuck? It'll be two absolute dots. You don't even know how the ball got there. How in the hell is Chicago seven and three in leading the division?
Speaker 3: Ben Johnson, he's that good, Ben fucking He's that good.
Speaker 2: So is Detroit gonna be doing any better? Now? With Motor City Dan calling the offense. So the first week.
Speaker 1: I didn't hate it at all, But I don't love it because I don't think he's as in tune and involved as a true OC would be with what's going on and why things aren't working. I don't hate it necessarily, and you can point fingers like he could have taken all the credit after the first week he did it, I like, yeah, that was me, he didn't do that. But then you look at last week when they couldn't move the ball past the fifty yard line for the first three quarters of the game. Damn here, And did he.
Speaker 2: Wear the blame? Not really? Am I blaming it on him? No? The scheme's not that much different, is it.
Speaker 1: I mean, the OC is still installing, he's doing everything, and Dan just has a place shot. But you don't think he's not talking to the OC up in the booth.
Speaker 2: So because especially just from being up in the booth, Yeah, you can see so much more, you know, when we're in this. For me, they're dropping this guy down.
Speaker 1: And yeah, and so I don't think it's play calling. I think it's just Jared Goff execution executing and the old line holding up. I think they're in a fine spot.
Speaker 3: You know what.
Speaker 2: The Eagles, Look what they did. Who'd they play two weeks ago? Green Bay?
Speaker 1: Green Bay dismantled their offense too.
Speaker 2: The Eagles are scary. But that was what a ten to seven game, Matt, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: It wasn't It wasn't a good game in the lastly, it was pretty fucking boring. Again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but the defense is that good though. People are figuring out the tush.
Speaker 3: Push now, oh, which is didn't he abolish that?
Speaker 2: I would one hundred percent agree with that. Why why? Just because it goes against everything that they claim about player safety, you know what fellas? Okay, that's a good point actually.
Speaker 3: But there's awesome people baiting them to like move forward.
Speaker 2: Because there's always motion. Guys, Let's not pretend the QB sneak was invented by the Eagles. That's it's it's don't Everyone's been pushing that quarterback's ass for as long as the quarterback snake's been around. It's well, no, not necessarily because Bruce would counter that and say it was actually illegal to forward progress or forward motion a player. But then as far as like the whole player safety side of it, the league claims to want to be all players safety, YadA, YadA, YadA. But if you're in the middle of this push, yeah, and you're getting push from behind and you're getting pushed from the front, you're out of control. But you got no control over what. But you know, this is my take on it.
Speaker 1: The reason it's unfair is because Jalen Hurts is an absolute specimen of a human being with like a trunk cav He's a freak athlete. He was squatting like six hundred pounds in college, right like we all saw the video of him at Alabama when he was squatting. I think it was over six hundred pounds. Not every like Patrick Mahomes.
Speaker 3: No, he would.
Speaker 2: He would probably cry if he had to do that five times a game.
Speaker 8: Like.
Speaker 2: But the biggest issue though is formation wise, there's always motion. The center's head is way over the ball.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'll give you the center part, but if you actually were to slow down every single play any team, every left or right tackle on every team, on almost every offensive snap is moving before the ball, especially pass.
Speaker 2: Plays, especially if you're Kansas City correct Johnson.
Speaker 1: Correct, and they get flagged for it for like a week three times and then they forget about it the next round. But they're they're always moving early. So that's that's my two cents.
Speaker 2: I don't think you can take it out of the game. I think you can maybe take away from putting a linebacker behind your quarterback to push him. Go back to the elephant offense. Give that fucker to Pat Williams and Landham just so I don't hate the All Right, So is Ponder or is JJ Ponder? Not yet yet?
Speaker 1: Right yet, I'm even gonna I'm even gonna say not yet because I liked JJ out to college.
Speaker 2: I liked that he was a winner. I liked that he's had like just a tenacity about him. So, speaking of JJ and Minnesota, the guy drafted before him, Michael Pennix Junior is out for the year with attorney cl bring back Kirko Kirko Chains is now the starting quarterback again for the Falcons. It's gonna be so come back, gonna be so bad.
Speaker 1: That dude, he's probably pissed because he's like, I was the highest paid backup in NFL history.
Speaker 2: Well, I got a kick out of I've heard Bruce talking about it. But my kid was watching quarterback up at the cabin last weekend and I finally actually hurt him. I had no reason to leave Minnesota. If I would have known I was going to be a backup, I wouldn't have left Minnesota. Yeah, that's fucking ballsy to say that. Well, and I don't think that's true.
Speaker 1: He wanted an absolute bag and Minnesota gave him that bag for what eight years?
Speaker 2: Was it eight years long? Enough?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Right, Like he got paid well in Minnesota.
Speaker 3: So he got paid even better before me. He's always franchise takes.
Speaker 2: At what point does it not become about money for these guys?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like, if you want to win your team, stop taking the biggest fucking deal.
Speaker 2: Like you can Aaron Rodgers. You can give me one hundred dollars for a week.
Speaker 3: Unfortunately, the only person I did it right for a quarterback wise was Tom Brady and look at his track record.
Speaker 2: But Kerko Chains, his agent, deserves the award for the best negotiator ever because he always hit free agency when there was like dog ship options.
Speaker 1: Yes, yep, like dog shit option number one going in quarterbacking Minnesota. Thank you giving me the bell, Thank you?
Speaker 2: That'll do.
Speaker 3: That'll do all right? Next one, since we're talking to Vikings are kind of the Minnesota Vikings take on the Green Bay Packers this weekend. We'll do our picks here after the after the break. But I do have the is it in Lambeau?
Speaker 2: Oh they are so so soft.
Speaker 3: So here's the injury port for the Minnesota Vikings and the Green Bay Packers. To be honest, the Vikings will have a lot of people on it. Darrisaw Is did not practice today, but did practice full yesterday. Will Fries with a knee injury. Didn't practice yesterday to day, did practice today a little bit.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: Jonathan Gunnard shoulder injury. Did not practice yesterday, did practice a little bit today. Aaron Jones running back, shoulder full both days in a row. Ryan Kelly concussion full both days in a row. So that that's pretty good. And if you go down to the Green Bay Packers, they have a lot of people. Do not practice now some of these people I don't know. Nate Hobbs, I remember he's kind of old. Hit the highlights, I realized, Yeah, it's fucking long. Nate Hobbs corner did not practice both days. Kway Walker uh linebacker, kind of a babyback bitch a lot. He kind of cries every once in a while. Neck did not practice both days. Uh. Romeo Dobbs wrist injury limited both days.
Speaker 2: That dude looks like a fucking mushroom. Yeah, he's tiny with the Guardian cap.
Speaker 3: On, it's fucking weird. Matthew Golden as this the first round receiver that they got from Texas. Yeah, wrist injury limited both days, shoulder interest sorry, Josh Jacobs knee injury, did not practice the other day unlimited, Michael Parsons peck a peck injury limited both days, Lucas van Ness limited with the foot injury both days, Jordan Loves shoulder full both days. That's really about it. I mean the Christian Watson knee injury, that a lot of their receivers, that offense, the linemen are just fucking hurt, and I guess corners as well too.
Speaker 2: Minnesota's offense is going to have their work cutout for him. The Minnesota's offense right now is during twenty seventh overall in the league.
Speaker 1: Four really good though, right, that's really good, twenty seventh in the entire league.
Speaker 2: That's thirty two. Yeah, that's pretty good. Going against Packers. The Packers defense, who right now is the sixth best defense six, whereas Minnesota's defense should give their Packers offense a pretty good run for the money. Where the Vikings defense is tied for tenth overall right now, twelfth overall.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm taking six and twelve over ten and twenty seven every day of the week.
Speaker 2: And right now the turnover differential the Packers are plus one whereas Minnesota is minus nine, which that ain't good. I should probably pick up the Packers.
Speaker 3: Oh, speaking of speaking of fantasy football, we did a little bit on Your Guys show. I didn't really talk about mine. Scott gave me a lot of fucking shit in our fantasy because that didn't drafted because I don't have a kicker of mine, because I don't want to start a kicker. I didn't want to drop it.
Speaker 2: N I beat the shit out of him this week, but everyone.
Speaker 3: Else, but this is what I had, you know, was this the oh I'm playing here this week?
Speaker 2: I beat him like one thirty to sixty.
Speaker 3: It was so bad.
Speaker 2: I was like, dude, you didn't start a kicker. He's like, I'm not dropping anybody to pick up a killer. I was like, I carry too, which is weird.
Speaker 3: Why do you carry carry two kickers?
Speaker 2: Yeah, what's wrong? And two quarterbacks?
Speaker 3: Quarterbacks? I see, but a kicker.
Speaker 2: You gotta have options because what if you have a scenario where you got a team their offense is going up against a Minnesota Green Bay situation. Rikers is probably gonna kick a shitload this week.
Speaker 3: You might.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you're right.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: I've stayed with Jake Elliott for the Eagles, and so Matt's giving me shit. I was like, who's number one in the league right now?
Speaker 3: Are you?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 3: You beat Jada?
Speaker 2: I am ahead. I beat because I beat Jada last week. Ye point four. I hope the tiebreaker right now. Oh I'm tied for first too, but I have the tiebreaker, yeah, because it points four.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Look at my points against compared to yours, O spile. Yeah, you've only had one hundred and nine well sorry, one and ninety six points against one, three hundred and seventeen points against, which is you just get lucky, that's all.
Speaker 2: So what's crazy to me is like Bissonett, he's got the lowest points against total, but he's in seventh place with a losing record right now.
Speaker 3: That sucks. That sucks. Where's my set for that one?
Speaker 2: There it is. I'm on a three game heater, though. You better look out.
Speaker 1: If brock Bauers goes crazy for forty points.
Speaker 2: I lost to AID in the week before. I think that sucks by like less than a point. It was so freaking I beat Jada by literally point four points. I let him a week honestly. Oh, Jada's on a bit of a skid. Oh no, because I gave her so her son, Jackson gave her the first lost. I got her the second loss. I wonder who got the third one for me last week? Well, she's seven and four right now though, Oh yeah, but right now Matt's down in eighth place at four and seven.
Speaker 3: That's only matters. It only matters in the playoffs. I took out Peyton, he was the number one seed.
Speaker 2: Took him out, and I'm still going in our elimination challenge.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was good for you.
Speaker 1: You look at power rankings of this league, though, someone slid up, someone slid up six spots from number seven to.
Speaker 2: Number Yeah, you're the number one power ranked team though. I saw that, and I'm two, and I've been at two for a couple of weeks. Now I think it was I mean, it's I'm sorry, we're better owners.
Speaker 3: Than you are. I'm sorry. I have four leagues, which excuse.
Speaker 2: You might as well have the last name poll.
Speaker 3: Aud No, it's Matthew Angelica. Anyways, should we should we take a break?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got a peel anyway.
Speaker 3: All right, I'll take a break. We would come back. We'll have We're going to do our snake draft of our Turkey or Thanksgiving show, Thanksgiving show for beer really sports. It's going to be the Turkey NFL Draft, Like if you listen to Silver Bolt Show or listen to any of the draft we do. I'll beer Belly Sports very similar, but instead of we're gonna we're gonna mix it up compared to last year, so back, we'll be gonna senit to beerbery Sports.
Speaker 9: What We're three cool guys looking for other cool guys who want to hang out in our party mansion.
Speaker 2: Nothing sexual, dudes in good shape, encouraged. If you're fat, you should be able to find humor in the little things.
Speaker 3: I have no problem with them. Let's go.
Speaker 9: Men, you're listening to beer Belly Sports.
Speaker 2: Creaming top quality farm fresh flavor Angie's Acres in achin Minnesota. We're your local source for one hundred percent wag u steaks, delicious pork poultry products, premium ground beef, and fresh garden vegetables, all raised and grown with care. Order online anytime at angie'z acresmn dot com or call two one eight five one five three eight nine zero. We also do local drop offs. Check our Facebook page to see when we'll be near you. Angie's Acres from our farm to your table the way Nature intended.
Speaker 8: This is Lois from the Knob and Kettle Restaurant and Lounge, where we serve our smoked prime rim Wednesday through Saturday night along with our maid from scratch soups and desserts. Come enjoy one of our delicious appetizers like our smoke and poppers or our Walleye bites dipped in our own housemade batter and served with our signature tartar sauce. On Thursday evenings, you can enjoy live music with Lois two miles east of Iaska State Park on Highway seventy one. We're open noon to nine Wednesday through Saturday, and we're ready to serve you. The Knob and Kettle Restaurant your prime destination.
Speaker 3: Hey bers, why are you loading your recliner ATV and a fridge into your truck?
Speaker 10: Because I just saved one hundred bucks at home choice in Bimigi use the promo code BBS as in beer Belly Sports.
Speaker 2: Hold up, you actually use a promo.
Speaker 10: Code heck yeah, mentioned Beer Belly Sports in store and boom, one hundred bucks off your items.
Speaker 3: I'm heading there right now.
Speaker 2: Do they sell cager Raiders.
Speaker 10: Oh, They've got everything, furniture, appliances, electronics, you name it.
Speaker 2: Head to home choice in Bamigie today use promo code BBS or Beer Belly Sports in store to get one hundred dollars off your purchase.
Speaker 9: Become one of the millions people that follow us on Facebook. Beer Belly Sports, Rise and Shine Flavor Warriors.
Speaker 4: Herbert and Gerberts has now open at ten am weekdays and ten thirty Saturday and Sunday. Herbert and Gerberts is serious about delivering total flavor satisfaction through fresh big bread including gluten free and sliced meats and cheeses, fresh crisp Veggie's gold sauces and chef and Spy soups and sides. All students bring your school id for a free beverage with a sandwich, purchase order online and have it delivered. Start your day the adventurous way. Herbert and Gribbs. At the corner of fifteenth ten Vinage Avenue, you have.
Speaker 3: Some dudes talking sports, having a good time.
Speaker 2: I'm glad you're here.
Speaker 3: You're listening to the beer Valley Sports Podcast. Welcome back to Beerly Sports here on the Beerlely Sports Radio Network and on Beverley Sports otherwise. I try the the why, but it doesn't matter because it's the same dad thing. Anyway. My finance bank effort of my media left is Scott Wilson, and then Travis is on the other end. You are sure you sure?
Speaker 2: Turn my micraft. There we go. I gotch We're on. It's hot mic now it's oh boy.
Speaker 3: We don't know that, we don't know that. We don't need that anyways. Should we just should we get into our picks? Just jump right into it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, go ahead, Matt, your show.
Speaker 3: All right, let's get into our picks and we'll get into our the Thanksgiving draft as well.
Speaker 2: Are we doing our football picks first?
Speaker 3: Yes, we do football picks first, and then we'll jump in. All right, So let me play some music for us, and by the way, we play a lot of NFL music.
Speaker 2: And this portion of the show is brought to you by Better Edge. Check out online at betteredge dot com or download the app. You get some free grease on us twenty bucks when you sign up for the app. Put in the code BBS.
Speaker 3: Twenty dollars on us. Let's go, all right, so we's got to music up for this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there we go.
Speaker 3: So the very first one this this says the dog Game of the week, by the way, recap on the on the stats for for our group, Dustin is thirty two and thirty thirty two and thirty two is five hundred on the year, Scott is twenty eight and thirty six, Bruce is twenty five and thirty nine, and I'm bringing up the rear twenty five thirty nine as well too. We're both tied and I'm just happy to go here. This is from Dustin sent to us on Monday. Oh okay, Ice, screenshot it so I can save it. All right, let's go into the dog game of the week. The Charlotte forty nine ers take it on the Georgia Bulldog For Georgia Bulldogs are ranked fourth in the fourth in the nation. Drafts. I sendy of these, No you do, okay, I'll say I'm coming in blind, so I will send it to you right now. Let me find you here.
Speaker 2: Awesome. So Charlotte is one and nine on the season, zero and three on the road. Okay, Georgia's nine and one overall, five and one at home. As Matt said, fourth in the nation. The spread is a minus forty four point five in favor of Georgia.
Speaker 3: Now again, thank you for sending me those. Hey, I forgot to said tear earlier today. Oh yeah, so yeah, dog Game of the week. This has a tough one. I'll go first again, we go by the spread. We'll go by the the who wins or not over under forty five and a half points. Like Scott said, I think I'm gonna go under. I'm wanna go with the forty nine is in this one.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna say Georgia beats the piss out of.
Speaker 3: Them more than forty forty points.
Speaker 1: Okay, Scott, all right, yeah, I'm going I'm gonna take the under as well. They're only gonna beat him my forty two. They're only beating him by forty two.
Speaker 3: Love that. Okay. The next game, Okay, we'll get Bruce's and Dustin's picks later on. Next game, we're gonna do usc take it out of the Oregon Ducks.
Speaker 2: USC is battle of two top fifteen teams.
Speaker 3: Yes, Well, to me, this is a PAC twelve contest. How it should know anymore? Don't care?
Speaker 2: Now it's Big Ten Conference?
Speaker 3: When wint up, when Scott talked about this last week about I.
Speaker 2: Fucking hate the Big Ten in college hockey. Why it ruined college hockey? Why because it made it better than the NC No, because the Big Ten is the first domino that fell which led to the creation of the NCCHC.
Speaker 3: But now it's back.
Speaker 2: So because it's got to do with some angst with what the Beavers went through trying to get into the prestigious conference at the time, which was the wha yeah not anymore, lost him a four million dollar arena or whatever the fuck it was.
Speaker 3: And then they get it.
Speaker 2: Funny, but at least they can sell at least they can sell booze there.
Speaker 3: True, that's true.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so, but Minnesota has not really been a relevant college hockey team since the Big Ten Conference came into play. Really, yep, you leave my Gophers out of your fucking mind.
Speaker 3: Anyways, USC and the Ducks again, this to me, originally as a PAC twelve contest. We're playing NC dub's Scott, I bolted this, we put them back. How the line should be sure. Anyways, USC is eight to two of the year. Ducks are nine to one of the year. Ducks are favorite one at nine and a half points. Whoever wants to go.
Speaker 2: First, go ahead, trev all right, I'm gonna hammer the over on this one.
Speaker 1: Ducks by a million. They're that good this year, but not good enough to win role. All right, They're gonna beat the brakes off UFC.
Speaker 3: I want to say the same thing. I think the Ducks are so fucking they were versatile in so many different areas.
Speaker 2: I don't love that. I've agreed with you on two picks in a row here like I don't love it. I don't love that. I'm gonna say that. You can obviously see based on this that USC struggles on the road. Both of their losses have come on the road going into Eugene. Unto the as Dustin calls it, the Nike Palace. I got Oregon going on this one as well.
Speaker 3: Okay, the next game is the Golden Gophers. I screenshot this one. Late Golden Gophers six and four in the year AGA see Northwestern Wildcats gonna play at Wrigley Field. Gophers are six and four. Wildcats are five and five. Wildcats leave this one all right, Sorry not leave, but our favorites one by three and a half points.
Speaker 2: And the Gophers all four of their losses have come on the road.
Speaker 3: That's tough.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna say, Northwestern.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: The Gopher, the Gopher guy, and me wants to pick him a Northwestern scary but three and a half points. Give me the Gophers.
Speaker 3: I think.
Speaker 2: I think PJ.
Speaker 1: Flak is gonna shine. He normally does that in the most irrelevant big stage games ever.
Speaker 3: So give me PJ.
Speaker 2: Flak and the Gophers.
Speaker 3: You're gonna you're gonna hate me more. Here we go. I'm picking the Golphers because I can't pick against the Gophers two weeks in a row. I have to, I have to. I'm gonna go with the Gophers in this one. Go find a way to win now or to the NFL side. The Indianapolis Colts taking on the Chiefs. Colts are eight and two, Chiefs are five and four. Is the Kansas City Chiefs falling apart? Is the dynasty over in? Casey?
Speaker 2: No, absolutely not.
Speaker 3: Give me, uh give me Casey Casey.
Speaker 1: All right, Yeah, they're they're too good, they're too experienced. It's getting down into well, it's not crunch time yet, but it is.
Speaker 2: It is. They're at home. I like them at Arrowhead. Yeah, that's yeah.
Speaker 3: Give me the Chiefs.
Speaker 1: Ye know.
Speaker 2: How has Daniel Jones been in Indian games what you would call meaningful games this season? Has he had any true test games? Never played in one, I don't think. Yeah, he's never played in like a legacy game.
Speaker 3: Well against against the Vikings of the playoffs. Well that's when he got.
Speaker 2: His back talking back then. We're talking right now. Kansas City's four and one at home. They're getting some rolling gone, but it's also the perfect time for them to fall apart then too. You know, Oh, that's tough. That makes it tough. And the Colts are damn good. Taylor, he's crazy. I'm gonna go with Peyton's team. Okay, okay, I don't hate that, but I don't hate that. That one could be a toss up. Yeah, I just like the Chiefs that are had. They're rolling right now.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna go with the son of a b.
Speaker 2: H.
Speaker 3: That means I'm winning because of the kiss of death, because I pick them. Yes, usually you're right. If I pick a team used to kiss of death. But I'm coming back.
Speaker 2: Then, and you have your other reasons for not wanting the Chiefs to ever do anything.
Speaker 3: Well that too. What are you talking about that? I'll tell you that off air.
Speaker 2: No I want that.
Speaker 3: No, off my record.
Speaker 2: I can look back on.
Speaker 3: No, no, no. Only and those about that in this room is Scott and it's fucking true. Uh. Next game is the Eagles taking on the Cowboys. It's going to be in Dallas. Yea, Eagles are fair by two and a half points on this one. Eagles are seven and four in the year. Cowboys are three seven and two, sorry seven and two. The Cowboys are three and five and one oh n one sorry, Yeah, that's right. Forgot about that one. It's showing here. That's top one in Dallas. Dallas has been started to turn it on lately, the find A group, but they're deepense, still shitty, but did pretty good on Sunday Monday night. They did get well against the Raiders, but the Raiders are garbage.
Speaker 1: Well, no, Geno Smith is bad. The Raiders aren't bad Gino Smith.
Speaker 2: But Dallas did make some moves at the trade deadline. They picked up my nephew.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 2: My nephew's name is actually Logan Wilson too. Uh, they picked up Quentin Williams. They did some work to try to rectify the Parsons trade, which will never be rectified by no. But that being said, being the Cowboys fan that I am, Yeah, that checks out for a guy that uses fucking Pandora. So I just think Philly, Philly's gonna take this one. Matt Get let me hear your pick first, so I can. I'm on the fence on this one. I want to know your pick.
Speaker 3: So there's been a lot of talk that Jalen Hurst is not doing very well in the locker room. There's been a lot of talk. Uh Brown has come out saying he's like, take me off your fantasy team. Not doing good in the offense. Starting he's Barkley is has less yards now compared to thelast year. At this time last year, well over twelve hundred yards Now, I had about five hundreds of yards.
Speaker 2: Well to repeat as a two thousand yard rusher has never happened.
Speaker 3: So I think and I feel this is it's an afternoon game, like early like early matters.
Speaker 2: You're in your Jerry, you're Jimmy Johnson.
Speaker 3: I'll go with the Eagles in this one. I really just gonna turn it around.
Speaker 1: Thank god, thank god you went there, becuz Uh, I'm going Cowboys here in Jerry World.
Speaker 2: Yep, I'm living in Jerry World.
Speaker 1: Here.
Speaker 2: Give me the Cowboys. I think the Eagles are.
Speaker 1: They've snuck out a couple of very close games here in the last three weeks. Give me the Cowboys in Dallas. This is a huge rivalry game. Give me the Cowboys. I think Dak Prescott throws for three and fifty plus. All right, give me the Cowboys.
Speaker 3: All right. Next up, the Vikings versus the Packers is Border we Border Battle week. Now. We did talk about the injuries for the for the Packers. Yeah, I'll tell you right now from purple Positivity, justin ex from he's picking the Packers to buy a billion.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's crazy because I'm taking the Packers by a million. So just let that sink in, you Viking Spans, you sorry sons of bitches.
Speaker 2: You're at Lambeau with a rookie quarterback who's struggling mightily. Green Bay is going to get this one by at least two touchdowns. There are two possessions I should say.
Speaker 3: Yeah, six and a half points. I feel I kind of where Bruce is gonna go this one, but I can't write it down.
Speaker 2: But because it's a cold day in hell before Bruce very rare.
Speaker 3: Once that I've ever seen him ever pick, and he was wrong. It was the Eagles Monday night game, and that's when my kids beat him. I don't know the pack as well too.
Speaker 2: Can I switch myn into the Vikings? Okay, I want to ask.
Speaker 3: I mean, technically your overall doesn't matter, so if you want to you can.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 1: No, give me the Packers by a trillion trillion this one. I think they win by three scores. Okay, I don't even think it's close. I think JJ throws three picks by halftime. Gimme Max, bros.
Speaker 2: They might win. They might win.
Speaker 3: Then over under, Okay, does a side bet the shot? Bet shot bet bet? Oh hold, let me turn this off, and it was get my shot bet button.
Speaker 4: Shot bet Alert Alert, somebody's ego is about to get blown up.
Speaker 2: It's no time for another I think Brosmer enters the game by halftime.
Speaker 3: All right, so you Brosmer. Does Brosmer get any play time? Yes?
Speaker 2: He said in the game by halftime.
Speaker 3: That will just set a line.
Speaker 2: And if not by halftime one possession into the third quarter, is it due to JJ be and hurt or just poor play? You know?
Speaker 1: I wish it was. Actually I don't wish it was. I don't want to see anybody getting hurt. The text I think it's gonna be. I think it's gonna be poor play.
Speaker 3: Any playing time for.
Speaker 1: I think Brozemer's getting in this game. But if it's garbage time, we won't count that.
Speaker 3: Okay, I want to say, yeah, we'll say garbage time.
Speaker 1: Garbage time does not count. Like if he has to go take three three snaps with two minutes left, doesn't count.
Speaker 3: I'll give you that one.
Speaker 2: So shot that alert us betting that JJ is pulled by halftime.
Speaker 3: No, it's any playing time minus garbage time. So it have to be up like a ship love well.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, he ain't gonna be up. No, no, that would be garbage time.
Speaker 3: That would be that would well, it is garbage time, whip. No, it doesn't matter he needs any any playing time because because there's a lot of stipulations you can put in there.
Speaker 1: Okay, if they are I'll put I'll even put this on there. If they're up or down by three scores or more, it doesn't count. What do you think, committee, So give me the panel shot.
Speaker 2: Bet alert. Travis is betting that JJ is pulled during the game at some point Sunday against Green Bay and that Bro will get meaningful playing time. Yeah. I like I like the way you worded that.
Speaker 3: Yes, okay, we'll go that.
Speaker 2: I would say anything over two minutes or less in the game, because that truly would just be garbage time.
Speaker 3: Correct, Yeah, okay, so yeah, well yes, I bet so yeah, try to saying yes, Scott, why do I have to bet that everybody's getting involved in this one? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Sweet crowd is going to be gone by the time. Yes, no, No, I think Kaos is kind of a bitch.
Speaker 2: He might.
Speaker 3: As much as I really really want this to happen to being a Gophers fan, Skuyama row the boat, Go Gophers, I really want this to happen. Actually, let's be fair, let's be honest, like, I hope so also, yes, I hope.
Speaker 2: So the son of a bitch, I'm cooked?
Speaker 3: Okay, why not?
Speaker 2: Sweet Cruid's calling my name after Jeffrey says.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm man, all right, we'll see what the other guys say. Uh later, I'll post on a Facebook page. So that's gonna do it for our picks again, get twenty dollars on I'm gonna use a promo code at BBS when you sign up at Better Edge. Go to Better edge dot com or even download the app. Use the promo code b BS when you sign up. We get twenty dollars on us. Bet on some great games. Put some grease on it, is what Bruce would say. All right, I mean I could probably keep playing the NFL music because we're going to do our our draft, which I'm looking forward to this one. So the draft we're gonna do this year. Last year we did the we did the sides, just food in general. Yeah, just food in general. So this this year, I want to do something different. Yeah, I want to do something completely different. But it is Thanksgiving themed.
Speaker 2: Bruce said that JJ does not get pulled.
Speaker 3: So he's saying no that yes, okay, and I.
Speaker 2: Think Dustin's at dinner right now, so we'll here later.
Speaker 3: Okay. Some shots happening, be some shots.
Speaker 2: Shot shot.
Speaker 1: I'll even like quadruple down on this. I'll take a shot for each of you.
Speaker 2: That is right to find.
Speaker 1: I'll be coming out of here in a wheelchair next week.
Speaker 2: If you might as well just throw the cap away and drink the rest of it. I will chug the rest of that bottle.
Speaker 1: Can wait, I will gun the rest of that bottle, throw up all over the Narry Runway lounge.
Speaker 3: I'll take a not inside, please outside.
Speaker 2: No, it's gonna be right on the bar top.
Speaker 3: No. Please. So we're doing state draft. So this is gonna be activities for the draft.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry for your favorite Thanksgiving activities.
Speaker 3: So after dinner, before dinner, whatever.
Speaker 2: Ning dinner, maybe maybe during dinner, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Whatever you want, you're gonna write it down.
Speaker 2: Got to determine draft order.
Speaker 3: Okay, we need a hat.
Speaker 2: I normally flip a coin, but that doesn't work with three.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it doesn't really worry you.
Speaker 2: Guys want to go rock paper scissors for it?
Speaker 3: Nah, that's so fine. We'll let Scott do this. Do you want to write him down to so Scott?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 3: Actually, Travis, you're right, you have better handwriting than I do. What Oh for the draft? And I get it? Oh? Yeah, so here you can have you have.
Speaker 2: The pet, you know, what that is one of the best compliments I get in your handwriting. I have good handwriting, so that means you have feminine handwriting.
Speaker 3: Hot loser.
Speaker 2: All right? So since Travis is our guessed, yes I am. We'll let him draw. You don't want to draft first if I never do well when I'm the first pick.
Speaker 3: So is this the one out of whatever?
Speaker 4: One?
Speaker 2: Two or three?
Speaker 3: Oh? Okay, I defer to the last pick of the draft. Do we look at the same time or crazy?
Speaker 2: He's he's holding the hat and drawing the name. Here, I'm throwing the flag on this already.
Speaker 3: A red flag.
Speaker 2: They're all folded up. You can't see what's what? Imagine that best spot to be number two. I'm numeral three.
Speaker 3: So Scott's are we doing.
Speaker 2: Five or three?
Speaker 3: Let's do four?
Speaker 2: Four?
Speaker 3: Four rounds, four rounds or do you want to do three rounds because it's not really a lot? Well, okay, you want to do three rounds?
Speaker 2: Yep?
Speaker 3: Okay, three rounds?
Speaker 2: And is this activities that do not include eating the meal itself?
Speaker 3: Not the meal itself?
Speaker 2: Well, there goes uh, there goes pick number one for me.
Speaker 3: It can't be the meal itself, all right, all right? All right, holdt me get the get the music playing for us?
Speaker 2: So how specific do you want me to get?
Speaker 3: How Scott?
Speaker 1: You gotta get pretty specific here because anything's on.
Speaker 3: The table, all right.
Speaker 2: With the first pick of the five Beer Belly Sports Thanksgiving Draft, I'm gonna say getting drunk while watching football.
Speaker 3: That's not that's a no no wall, that's too. Two that's that's two separate.
Speaker 1: One that's too You got to pick one or the other. Is a getting drunk or watching football? Cannot be bold.
Speaker 3: I'm throwing the flag off.
Speaker 2: One that's you're sitting on the couch watching football drinking. That's well, yeah, you do that every Sunday, dude, true? All right, the other? What one do you like more? I'll stay watching football, all right.
Speaker 3: I want to go with uh taking naps after after after your meal, taking a nap?
Speaker 2: Can you turn my mic up? I can't hear myself. Am I unplugged?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 1: Either way, Okay, I'm gonna go with the getting drunk and I get the next one. Let me look at my notes up here. I'm gonna go playing football.
Speaker 3: Give me the what I wanted? Sniped? That was my next pick.
Speaker 1: Yeah, toss that pig skin around in the backyard. Let's see you can throw a better spiral at me.
Speaker 2: Nobody gonna be like step wedding crashers Martha's vineyard scene backyard. I'm so much better than Owen Wilson route.
Speaker 3: How route what? I don't know what that means? John, all right, Matt, you're up. Next. One is gonna be I'm gonna say, hunting. Depending what state you're in, some people will go hunting afterwards.
Speaker 2: Seems like a bit of a reach for those of you at home. Listen, I'm right where you are. That's a piss poor pill absolutely, and just the crowd goes, oh no, all right, Scott, you got the next two. I am going to go with putting my sweatpants on. Hell yeah, like putting on the fat clothes. They're the comfy clothes.
Speaker 3: Josh Allen is down by the way.
Speaker 2: I see that he's sitting up. Oh they got He's ready to go. He looks like Tony Romo.
Speaker 3: He took off, you get hitting the hand. They're laying out his hand wrong, just tore his labor and you heard your foos on his shoulder.
Speaker 2: Alright, and then.
Speaker 3: Uh hm hm.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, busting out the Christmas music.
Speaker 1: Oh that's a good son of a bit. That was my That was my sleeper pick because everyone knows as soon as Thanksgiving, Thanksgivings.
Speaker 2: Over, that's when Christmas starts.
Speaker 1: Christmas starts first, first after Halloween. I'm playing Last Christmas by Wham Brilliant Christmas.
Speaker 2: This is my big thing. Once the turkey's put away and all it's all picked up, then the Christmas music starts. Yeah. I love that pick out of you, Matt. Let's hear your lit.
Speaker 3: My last pick should be good.
Speaker 2: Number two sucks, so you gotta come back. We're doing three or or four.
Speaker 3: We can do four. We do four. If you want to number three to me to be playing cards or board.
Speaker 1: Games, I'll just write you down for games. Okay, Oh boy, all I wasted my number one. So my number one was drinking wine because it's Thanksgiving and Easter.
Speaker 2: I was drinking wine.
Speaker 1: What kind of wine out of a box whatever whatever my mother whatever my mother gets and I'm like, yeah, we can get wine drunk today, mom.
Speaker 3: Yeah sure, oh boy.
Speaker 2: So number three for me, gosh, you guys took them all.
Speaker 3: Is uh.
Speaker 2: You know what we didn't specify. I'm going number three, leftover left That was mine, well, leftover meal. So that was my thought process too, because we said the meal itself.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was the meal itself.
Speaker 2: Give me that microwave leftover meal for like four days after.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm talking like you eat.
Speaker 2: What time do you guys usually eat? My family does like one o'clock. Yeah, see, we usually do like four o'clock.
Speaker 1: See, so we do like the one o'clock meal, and then everybody at five to six is like, let's do it all over again.
Speaker 3: For my.
Speaker 2: For my last pick, I'll do a staple and just do Uh. I don't love this one. It's a reach. Give me the Macy.
Speaker 3: I was thinking that too.
Speaker 2: That's just kind of like something you gotta do.
Speaker 1: It's just on before football. Give me the big floating turkey above New York City. All right, Matt, back to you here for your last pick.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna say no one, No one picked watching football. Correct, Scott did first round first pick? Oot? I thought I was drinking beer.
Speaker 2: No, that was football.
Speaker 3: Then okay, then I'm gonna go with shopping. There's been many times in my house and the girls will leave and go shopping right after you want to go.
Speaker 2: Shopping or you enjoy the peace and quiet when the girls leave to go shopping. Why so shopping your favorite activities? When the girls leave to go shopping, we'll end up to.
Speaker 3: Me taking a nap, which has already been taking. Yes, but uh, yeah shopping, Scott.
Speaker 2: Round this thing out. Gotta love some good dessert. Yeah, and that that just missed my list. Actually, uh, I'm not a big pie guy, but you know, give me a good scoop of vanilla ice cream. What's your favorite Thanksgiving pie?
Speaker 3: Though?
Speaker 2: Let's get into that French silk. That's not a Thanksgiving pie. I don't like pumpkin pie though.
Speaker 3: What's wrong with you? What's wrong with you?
Speaker 1: Grandpople are Okay, it looks like baby diary and French silk doesn't look like ship on a piecrost.
Speaker 2: What are we talking about? So you're telling me your go to Thanksgiving pie is French silk. I don't really eat pie in general. Well, yeah, no one does unless it's Thanksgiving. Even then I don't a lot of times I'll just forego the pie and take a scoop of vanilla ice cream. That's criminal behavior, Matt, Matt, give me your pie flavor.
Speaker 3: I like pumpkin okay, but also like a good apple pie as well too.
Speaker 2: What is so last year we talked about your favorite foods? What is your favorite side dish?
Speaker 3: That's a that's a topic every single time.
Speaker 2: Cream being castro.
Speaker 3: Mine will probably Devil's eggs, devile eggs, Devil's eggs, lettuce. Yeah, that's an actor right here. No uh for me?
Speaker 2: Unpopular pick here. I love pumpkin pie, not my favorite. I gonna eat half this pie pecan. No give me cherry, give me the canned cherries in a pie crust.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'll go to town on that.
Speaker 2: My favorite side would be a toss up between mashed potatoes and gravy or stuffing.
Speaker 3: Stuffing, depending on what kind of stuff so.
Speaker 1: I think personally, I love mashed potatoes and gravy. I'm not eating the stuffing by itself.
Speaker 2: My kid looks at me, He's like, what the fuck's wrong with you? It's like it all gets mixed up in here anyway, and it tastes so much better. Favor explosion. I want to talk about the turkey trot people. Fuck them, guys, my words exactly?
Speaker 1: What is It're waking up on Thanksgiving Day and going, yeah, running a five k today.
Speaker 2: When we're done, I'm going to show you a TikTok I sent my girlfriend because she's a runner, and it was like, get out, it's a TikTok. And that's the wife going, oh, I signed us up for a He's like, what the fuck for? I'm getting drunk and watching football.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and they're out and they think they're veteran you because they go, yeah, I earned all these carbs and you go, shut up, Linda, you've watched that five k.
Speaker 3: Shut up. Go back to the shot bet uh about brozmar Dustin says no, So the early I'm saying yes and Travis saying yes. There will be some interesting, interesting, interesting things for the uh for the shot mat. We'll find out on Sunday.
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, we will.
Speaker 3: Sure will let me see here. Can I give you a listen real quick? I canna do my mel kiper fucking breakdown. Sure.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to write it with better handwriting than what I scribbled down.
Speaker 3: Oh, okay, you want to I will, No, No, you can, you can.
Speaker 1: Definitely it's still legible somehow somewhat. To start with, my black friend hit the wall as I threw it earlier.
Speaker 3: But uh oh, he did throw when I wrote that I.
Speaker 1: Got mad at someone taking I think it was you taking nap. Maybe it wasn't hunting. That's the worst answer in this draft.
Speaker 3: Fuck off Dale, like you could have got that at four.
Speaker 2: You stretched that got That is Christian Ponder being drafted at tenth or eleventh over all?
Speaker 3: Right, Can I can I get? Can I do my mel kiper give me Joe, give me joke till I die? All right? So Travis the first overall pick, he said getting I was third, third, I was third. Can I ask, Okay, I see what we went that way for.
Speaker 2: I will go drinking beers. You get you read left to right?
Speaker 3: Well, I'm sorry, Okay, that makes sense. So Scott, it went with watching football. Really good choice because that's what everybody does. It watched a lot of football games. Now there's three games during the uh uh Thursday a Thursday that he used to be only just do two, but now three watching football good solid pick out of the gates. Scott, I went with nap. A lot of people will take a nap and maybe take a second nap later on the day, so I think that naps are a good choice. Getting drunk. Of course, who loves who doesn't love getting drunk?
Speaker 2: Drinking beers, drinking wine. Getting drunk comes with a caveat though, because it depends if you've got your kids with or your siblings have kids there. Well, you know what's fun?
Speaker 1: I get to play uncle everything. Some some might put a d R in front of that, the drunkle as my brother has told me, thanks.
Speaker 3: Uh, next one, Scott, Oh no, sorry, we would sleep back snak druve. Then playing football in the backyard. Wow, yeah, that's a snipe. That's another classic crazy.
Speaker 1: The Turkey Bowl didn't go one of one to be honest play So playing football good obvious choice from track.
Speaker 2: How many times have you owned up in the hospital? Did things get a little too competitive?
Speaker 3: I went with a lot of people say that that is a stretch. Now, how I feel terrible? Pick?
Speaker 2: Terrible pick?
Speaker 3: Okay, fine, you guys think that that's fine, But that is if you want to call a Christian ponder uh type type pick. I guess it is because looking at the restless draft, that would be a stretch.
Speaker 2: I would go ice fishing before I went hunting. I've gone ice fishing the day after things.
Speaker 3: I grew up in South Dkota where it's a little bit warmer, and we went hunting mine. The next one Scott's changing into sweats elite pick.
Speaker 1: Hey, you take those you take those fancy jeans off. Undo, that beltoo done. Let the barrel just hang out over those sweatpants.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 3: The next one says it the snake draft. Scott picks again Christmas music. That is another great choice. The best pick of this jadraft prowas what made me throw my pen? That is a That is the Tom Brady pick. I think that Tom Brady.
Speaker 2: Sur made it that far. Yeah, that's disappointing in myself.
Speaker 3: And then next one, I have playing games like card games or board games with the family. Not a bad pick to kind of feel like more in the middle of the road.
Speaker 2: Safe pick, but she never played always fight God do I love playing dominos?
Speaker 3: Domino?
Speaker 2: Give me dominoes around the table?
Speaker 3: You shitting me? Uh? Then Travis a good safe pick as well too. For the last pick of the third round, leftover meal. Good safe pick by Travis.
Speaker 2: It's the best meal you're ever gonna have on Thanksgiving.
Speaker 3: And then travis last pick in the fourth round. It was the Macy macy Days parade, which obviously happens before.
Speaker 2: I hated that pick.
Speaker 3: By the way, Oh I hate it.
Speaker 2: That's a good, safe pick, it is. You know, it might get some people that actually enjoy it, but not me.
Speaker 3: It's I never want I never want to. I don't watch. Yeah, I used to, now don't even care. My mom would have it on and.
Speaker 2: I'd be like, what's this? Can we turn on? Well in the center, like what are we doing here? Well now half the times, like I watched it last year, I'm like, who the fuck is that singing?
Speaker 3: I've never heard of this person?
Speaker 2: And it's always cold in New York. They're always lip syncing, absolutely fully lip syncing.
Speaker 3: Next one is I went with shopping. You see a lot of people go out shopping, uh maybe before Thanksgiving.
Speaker 2: A lot of stores now lately though, aren't open on things.
Speaker 1: I know, which is nice to see for once it's working in retail.
Speaker 2: It's great, Well this is you can finish what you've got to say. But then I got a comment to me about Christmas shopping.
Speaker 3: A lot of people go out shopping, may try to get that deals. There were even some deals before Black Friday.
Speaker 1: Doesn't happen a lot, but no, you actually, most of the time, Black Friday starts right now, like literally right now, we're running Black Friday.
Speaker 2: Saw you look on Amazon? You signed into Amazon's same with TikTok shop. Yeah, oh yeah, yeah, it's That's one of the gripes that I have with Christmas. Now that's not with Thanksgiving, but with Christmas is it's just gotten so commercialized and fucking we didn't even have the Halloween ship put away and Walmart had Christmas stuff out you in September, you.
Speaker 1: Guys obviously do because you're both fucking dinosaurs to me, to me, Matt, Yeah, but you guys remember actually like having to go out Black Friday, Like you finish your Thanksgiving meal and you all take your nap till.
Speaker 2: About nine o'clock.
Speaker 1: Then you're going and waiting to get into Walmart, Target, wherever it is.
Speaker 2: I always I worked retail up until uh I got my my post college big boy job, So I know where you're coming from. Yeah, and you got some fucking crazy people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but like there's none of that anymore because Black Friday sales, you know, it always started. Everyone griped when they started on Thanksgiving.
Speaker 2: At like seven pm. And everyone would get pissed about that. But now they're starting literally.
Speaker 3: A week before. It's ridiculous.
Speaker 2: I think it's crazy. Bring back the days of fistfights in Walmart over six.
Speaker 1: They were some of my favorite They were some of my favorite Facebook videos to.
Speaker 2: Watch the trampoline people over like a TV ridiculous that used to cost way more than they do now. By the way, a lot of did you ever I've started to notice this in the years past. It was they would offer like a sixty inch TV and they'd be all Black Friday Special. Yep, it was a rip down version. Instead of having four hdm my reports, it only had two h Yeah, and it was.
Speaker 1: I I loved the original Black Friday though, like everyone's game midnight. Everything's open and you just go balls to the walls like it's a.
Speaker 2: Rush Doorbuster deal door Busters. But now now it's like, hey, you can just this on Amazon a week earlier in Cyber Monday.
Speaker 3: Yeh. Then the last pick and run out to the end was Desserts, Scottland Desserts. At the end. Now the solid pick, what was your favorite dessert? We're not talking pie, but what's your favorite dessert that you had in general in general, No four thanksgivings pie, I said ice cream? Ice cream? Okay, I didn't hear that.
Speaker 2: You know, occasionally you'll start seeing people to bust out the eggnog at that point, as they should get you listening to Last Christmas. Yeah, not only just, but some spiked eggnog or maybe a hot peppermin patty.
Speaker 1: You know, I've never actually had I have never actually had eggnog that wasn't alcoholic.
Speaker 2: Well good, Yeah, I'm not a big would I would never just get it.
Speaker 3: Going back, Peyton just messaged me, uh, going back to the Timberwolve stuff we talked about earlier. Rudy's been with the team now four years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that's what I said. Yeah, we said, we said three or four. I might be a little biased here, but I think I had the best draft.
Speaker 3: Really, you know, really, I think so too.
Speaker 1: Changing got Christmas Music's the one that gets me. I think, by far we can all agree Matt had the worst one.
Speaker 3: That's fine. That's that's fine.
Speaker 2: I mean he was here. That's not even a shot at you. I mean it is, but he's the Cleveland Browns drafting.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Sonny Weaver, you are Sonny Weaver Junior draft D. Not only is he a model, he also is a terrible Thanksgiving draft a GM.
Speaker 2: Damn such as life?
Speaker 3: Such as life?
Speaker 2: What an incredible John Wick.
Speaker 3: So anyways, I got to rewrite these things. That's fine. What have we learned today?
Speaker 2: Boys that you're a ship.
Speaker 3: Fuck?
Speaker 2: You just took my number one pick.
Speaker 9: Damn.
Speaker 2: Uh golly, there was so much to be said. I'm gonna go with uh.
Speaker 3: JJ.
Speaker 1: McCarthy just can't get it done for these Vikings fans.
Speaker 3: He can't do it.
Speaker 1: Give me Max Brozeman until I die. He might reinvigorate me to be a Vikings fan again.
Speaker 2: What do you think of They're handling a Wins atrocious criminal.
Speaker 1: They should all be locked up and thrown in prison. Give me the packers buy a million.
Speaker 2: Matt You got to share a quick book of Matthew.
Speaker 3: I don't have a book of math.
Speaker 2: I don't know fist fights with Mitch Nope, Steely Dan's stories.
Speaker 1: No, like scummy girl you brought over to family Thanksgiving.
Speaker 3: Dinner or something like that. Nope, what I don't have any No. Now I know you're Christmas. We can do Christmas. You might, you know, Chris.
Speaker 2: That's what he was singing to that girl he brought to family Christmas. He probably went to the bar afterwards and found some chick that was all in her feeling. You know what, God does mysterious things on Christmas.
Speaker 3: Ye look at him.
Speaker 2: You're not wrong.
Speaker 3: Anyways, what I learned today is that Travis really loves Nickelback.
Speaker 2: I do. I do genuinely enjoy Nickelback.
Speaker 1: And I'll stand by that quick story of the Book of Travis, oh of the Bible. I was playing in the Black Duck Drake Athletics golf scramble and we were not sober.
Speaker 2: At the time.
Speaker 3: Make quick and I will.
Speaker 1: But uh, I was playing Nickelback over the speaker in the cart and this four sum of ladies comes up.
Speaker 2: They were a scramble team, and they go, is this Nickelback? And I go, fuck yeah, I'm like, yeah it is.
Speaker 1: She just goes, yeah, you look like you like Nickelback and you say that like, and that's exactly what I said to her. I love Nickelback, Chad Kroger till I die.
Speaker 2: I would even go as far as seeing Nickelback is far superior to Creed, not even close, and rush with arms wide open.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're better than they're better than rash.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, all right, Scott, you learned quickly, I said it. Oh okay, sorry you attention.
Speaker 2: Have another I will have not a good not a good listener.
Speaker 3: All right. Duh that's what my profile picture said too. Uh. Tay Show's being brought.
Speaker 2: To by Angie Zaker's down in ak in Minnesota. Check them out at ANGIEZACRESMN dot com.
Speaker 3: Also being brought to by Urban Gerbitz right here but Meiji.
Speaker 1: Also being brought to you by Seventh Avenue Pizza Pizza before it was trendy.
Speaker 2: The beautiful Nobbing Kettle down in Lake Alice, Minnesota. Check them out for the best prime rib in the area.
Speaker 3: Also being brought to you by Soda Stank get fifteen percent off. We use the promo code beer Belly.
Speaker 2: And Paul Onion Communications probably probably powering in the Beer Belly Sports Radio network with the Gigazo.
Speaker 3: Last Mint Least Home choice. Right here by Minjia get a hunt dollars off. He's the promo code and store beer Belly school words. Well, nice to doing for us, Thank you to everyone. Thank you Travis from the Silver Bullet Session for joining us my pleasure. Thank you the rightest producers on site. In June, Amazon was us no show next week in the words record can you can you stick on the ask?
Speaker 2: Give I Happy Thanksgiving? Everybody?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: Why can't they do numbers like that?
Speaker 3: We just did.
Speaker 2: So all you did. It wasn't very good after all.
Speaker 4: Thanks for listening to Beer Belly Sports. This has been a Jeffrey Productions show, so now you just know it's gotta be quality