Speaker 1: The Mandy Connell Show is sponsored by Belle and Pollock Accident and injury lawyers.
Speaker 2: No, it's Mandy connellyn.
Speaker 3: On KOLA.
Speaker 4: Ninety one FM.
Speaker 2: Got then.
Speaker 5: Andy Connell, Keith sad Bab Welcome Local, Welcome to a Wednesday edition of the show. I'm your host for the next three hours, Mandy Connell and I am joined by my right hand man. We call him a rod but you can call him Anthony Rodriguez. On today. We have so much on our plate. I'm actually pretty excited about our two thirty guest talk about something completely different, Anthony, just.
Speaker 6: A little bit.
Speaker 5: I don't think we've ever had burlesque performers on this program. Now, I have had burlesque performers on my program in pre markets because I'm fascinated by burlesque. Fascinated. It's like a it's like a less dirty version of stripping, right, because a lot of times burless performers do not go uh you know, naked, they go tastefully covered certain areas.
Speaker 6: I'm here for anything Halloween, That's what I'm here for.
Speaker 5: And AAR's not kidding. He's not saying I'm here for the girls. He's saying I'm here for the Halloween because they're doing a Halloween show that actually looks really amazing. Yes, so we're going to talk to the burlesque group at two thirty And why don't to do this? When I to jump in and do the blog. You can find the blog by going to mandy'sblog dot com. That's mandy'sblog dot com or Randy Cromwell dot com Randy Cromwell dot com. Look for the latest post section. Then look for the headline that says nine seventeen twenty five blog a Halloween burlesque show and when will it snow? Click on that and here are the headlines you will find within Office half.
Speaker 7: Of American, all with ships and clipments of seen that's going to press plant.
Speaker 5: Today on the blug How about a little bird lesque with your scares? When will we get snow in the metro? I can't even with what's happening from the left. Still scrolling, scrolling, scrolling, scrolling, scrolling.
Speaker 6: Good morrel, I know what.
Speaker 5: Yeah, scrolling. There's a vigil at CSU for Charlie Kirk on Thursday. Format restaurant tours are finally being honest about closings things. I hate about Donald Trump. Guys, it's gonna be close, but the Rockies can tie a record. GP Congress folks ask for a special session on crime. Stop stealing from vulnerable people. That humble beginnings of Robert Redford. Not every building needs saving. The sun is waking up again. Fear of hormone replacement is based on bad science. AI urges kids to suicide. Ben and Jerry find out you can have money, you can't have money and an opinion, and the FDA is coming for hymns and hers, And now the perfect timeline cleanser. My people are allowed to come here again. Don't make me turn this ship around. The Daily Beast apologizes to Milania about that the world hates us. Narrative scrolling blue Collar is gaining steam. That old lefty who lied about shooting Kirk as a child porn lover, about Melissa Workman's killer, Ay Rod's asking about the Broncos d flying into Dia as one bumpy ride. Oh look, Corey Booker's running for president again. I love the Internet. Garrett Boles says, don't panic, It's going to be okay. Those are the headlines on the lawn Yeatmandyslaw Dot com I mean, ah, the band knows that they're not going to be here for the Blessed Show, right, I mean, they were there there, they can see themselves out now.
Speaker 6: I thought they were getting VIP tickets to watching that right here.
Speaker 5: I mean whatever, Nope, I mean, can you imagine them? They're out of control? Theyir thirty drunk its twelve oh nine. Well, you know you. I'm just saying. I got a lot of stuff on the blog today, and a lot, a lot, a lot, a lot a lot of stuff on the blog about the vile nonsense that is continuing to swirl around the killer of Charlie Kirk. And we're going to get into that in a little bit. The first, I want to talk about last night's event that I was a co moderator for. I was invited by the just phenomenal group of people who have created an organization called Douglas County Citizenry, and though it is a right of center organization, they welcome all and last night we did a forum with the eight school board candidates that are running in Douglas County. We have two slates of school board candidates running together and the slate emerged gosh years ago I mean they did slates back in you know, when I was in Louisville, because the Teachers' Union, generally speaking, would hand pick their candidates, and then the teachers Union would spend a bunch of money to support those four candidates all at one time. They would put them all on the same mailer, they'd put them all on the same billboard, and they would do that. Now now conservatives have recognized that it's impossible to fundraise enough as an individual candidate, so they have created slates as well. So in Douglas County, we have a slate of conservative leaning candidates, and we have a slate of people who excuse me, who though the Teachers' Union has endorsed them. Last night, we asked specifically about things like the collective Bargaining Agreement and things of that nature, and some of them actually said, I have not committed in any way, shape or form to the collective Bargaining Agreement. And the only reason I bring that up is, and I'm bringing this up at all, was that the event was wonderful. It was respectful, We heard different opinions from the candidates. Nobody was rude, no one and was disparaging towards their opponent. We learned a lot, We asked a bunch of questions. We had audience that was respectful as well. I mean, they supported their candidates, but they didn't get out of control, and nobody was rude from the audience, and it was just it was great. It was really, really great. I liked it. I learned a lot. It's going to be put online. It will be put online at some point, so we'll let you know when it is up. I'll share it on the blog. So if you live in Douglas County, you can do the same. But the reason I bring it up on this show when most of you don't live in Douglas County, is that I would love for other people, other civic minded people, to start to use this model of informed debate, of civic conversation, and let's just get that going at the grassroots, because we've lost control at the national level, right our national politicians. And you know, I am not going to both sides what happened to Charlie Kirk, Because as much as the left has tried to tell me it's both sides in this case, the political violence lately has been all from the left and it's been dramatic and it has been murderous, and it's not the same as saying things that people disagree with, right, I mean, it just isn't. But I'd love for us to at the grassroots level, at the local level, create events where I mean dep floor and I we spent like an hour and a half on the phone on Saturday just trying to craft questions that were open ended so we could just ask the candidates like, here's the question, open ended question, just answer the question in however you want. We didn't want to create leading questions. We didn't want to create questions that put anybody on their back feet.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 5: We tried really hard to really make this a chance for people to just hear from the candidates themselves what they thought, what their vision was, and I think it was a very successful event. So I would urge you to, first of all, if you are in a different district, if you're not in Douglas County, if you're in jeff Co. And you're in Denver, or you're in any of these other counties, maybe follow Douglas County Citizen read four ideas on how to make this happen. If you do join the private group and then cause problems, we will kick you out. It is a private group on Facebook, but we do have a public page as well. And the whole point of this is to create dialogue and create real dialogue where people can learn about things. So it is going to hopefully you and I and real people in our community can change the dialogue and change the narrative. Mandy, why would you allow teachers union backed liberals. They deserve nothing because they're running for office, because they have put their hat in the ring. And some of them, by the way, have really strong concerns and really strong ideas. And I you know, after the debate last night, it wasn't really a debate is more of a forum. And after the forum last night, I thought to myself, you know, I sure hope that the people up on that stage that don't win, whoever it is, on either side, I hope that they don't give up trying to bring their ideas to the board. And I would hope that the new board members would welcome those ideas even if they aren't their ideas right, because there were some good ideas laid out last night. So I want to hear from everybody and in all honesty, you guys, When I have candidates on the show that I disagree with, and I may push back a little bit, but that's not why I have a candidate for office on this program. It's not so you can hear me argue with them. My goal in having a candidate on the show, whether I agree with them or disagree with them, is to ask them questions so that you, the listener, can hear them answer and you can hear straight from the horse's mouth without a filter, without some kind of intermediary. You can hear straight from the horse's mouth and you can make up your own mind. And sometimes people are like, you should have pushed them. No, they're a candidate for office. I don't need to push them. You heard what they said. It evoked a reaction. So therefore you can build your vote on whether or not you liked that or you did not like that. So when we're talking about candidates for office, I want people to have the opportunity to speak and for you guys, to use your own brains to figure out whether or not they have earned your vote. It's really that simple. Now, I saw the list. I saw the list for Republican candidates for governor that have already announced. Guys, there's a zero percent chance I'm going to have all of those people on the show. Zero There's so many people on this list, and many of them will drop out. They'll never really form a real candidacy. They just put their name in because they, you know, they got a momentary thought where they thought, yeah, yeah, I'm gonna do that. I'm gonna and they have no infrastructure and they have no plan, and they have enough. But there are numerous people on this list that are going to be competitive and are going to be candidates. But there are people that I probably won't have on the show because you know, I'm just going to use Greg Lopez as an example. I like Greg. I think he's a nice guy. Greg is never going to win the governor's race. It's not going to happen. He has tried, He has tried multiple times to win multiple offices. For whatever reason, people are not going to vote for Greg Lopez. And I know Greg, and I can tell you exactly what his positions are on everything. So yeah, I'm going to be a little choosy about that stuff, but I do I try to give the candidates both candidates. I like candidates. I disagree with the opportunity to make their case to you because I trust the audience that you guys are not stupid. That's the reality, Mandy. Did you see the trash ABC put out about how romantic the text messages were from the Kirk killer to his roommate lover about how and why he killed Kirk? Truly unbelievable garbage from ABC News, fake news, despicable, and my friends, this brings me back to a large chunk of the blog today. I am trying to rise above and I don't mean rise above the murder of Charlie Kirk, because that I don't know if I'm going to get over that anytime soon, if ever. What I'm trying to rise above is my frustration that people on the left not only have not dialed down the rhetoric, they are amping it up, even right here in Colorado. And I gathered up a few examples because here's the thing. You know, I've gone through different cycles in my show. It's like, do I amplify this because it's so horrible, and then I'm just giving, you know, more publicity to someone horrible who said something awful. But the reality is this our silence has been mistaken as for approval.
Speaker 9: Right.
Speaker 5: I saw a girl last night on social media and this I can't say girl. She was a woman, She was a woman maybe late twenties, early thirties, and she's talking to the camera and she said, what is it about this Charlie Kirk assassination that has been such a big deal. She's like, all of a sudden, people on social media who never said anything about politics are saying things, what is it? Why this thing? And she was genuinely confused, like really had no idea why people were so upset, and I just thought, I can't. I can't. I'm not ready to rise above yet. I'm ready to fight back. I'm ready to gently and politely, because that's who I am, shut down the people that I know and that I see in my life who are posting things that are, in my mind a personal attack. And that's how this feels for me. If you're gonna tell me what a bad guy Charlie Kirk was, you are telling me that I am a bad person as well, because I believe a lot of the same things he believed. Not everything. We didn't have the exact same lockstep views on everything, but you know what, I agreed with a lot of it. So when people say Charlie Kirk didn't deserve to die, but after that point, after that, but you're talking about me, and you're talking about me, what if I died, you would be like, oh, she didn't deserve to die. But it's all it's deeply personal. And the people on the left that are celebrating, they don't understand that. What's been really heartening is over the last twenty four hours, I have seen so many videos, so many videos from not just in the United States, people around the world who are taking to the streets over the murder of Charlie Kirk. What they have unleashed a movement and they're not ready for it. They really aren't, Mandy. Have you seen Kyle Clark and nine News post on Facebook? The comments of their followers is something truly pathetic and sick, and Kyle acts as if he isn't part of the problem. Hey, you know what, let's talk about nine News for just a moment. Nine News decided and I think probably tomorrow I will send an email to the editor of the program on nine News that made the decision to air a story about a black pastor in Virginia who has gone on a hate field rant. Oh geez, I linked to the wrong thing. Did I do this back?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 8: I did?
Speaker 5: No, I did not do that. I have to fix this. I linked to the wrong thing. So there was a black pastor in Alexandria, Virginia, right who has gone viral. Yep, they've gone viral because he is can in Charlie Kirk from the pulpit. Now, why in the world would nine News, Hey, ay Rod, didn't nine News move their offices to Virginia that he says? No sore? Still are you sure there's still based here? I mean I recently drove by their big building downtown and it still had nine News on the side. So I mean, I'm assuming they're still here in Colorado. But yet they chose, out of every story that has occurred, out of every ramp that has taken place, out of everyone who's commented on the Charlie Kirk story, they chose a black pastor who condemned Charlie Kirk from his pulpit as the story to amplify. So is it any wonder? Is it any wonder at all that their followers would you know, take to their Facebook page to also dance on the grave of Charlie Kirk. And here's the thing, you, guys, if you are in any way, shape or form excusing or celebrating, or in any way commenting on what a horrible person Charlie Kirk was, you are justifying political murder. Now, you can try and convince yourself that it isn't. But what's happening on the left, what's happening, with incredible clarity, is that the cognitive dissonance on the left of people on the left who have always assumed that their party was the party of moral superiority are being faced with the fact that they are not the good guys and that their party is the party of death, and they can't handle it. They can't handle it. So anything that would force them to come to a reckoning with the rock that exists in their party that led a young man to murder someone in front of his wife and child and two thousand college students, it's too much for them. So instead they'll go to nine News's Facebook page and write nasty things about a guy who's dead and about children who don't have a father. Doesn't really seem like moral superior to me. But hey, nine News, you do you? When we get back, Fox thirty one's chief meteorologist Dave Fraser joins us, we're going to pepper him with questions about when we are going to get the first snowfall in Denver, the man who controls the weather here in the Denver Metro. No, I'm kidding, I'm kidding, Dave Fraser, Hi, buddy, welcome to the show.
Speaker 3: Hey there, I'm glad to be with you on this Wednesday. I can't believe you're making a rod wait for burles while we talk weather.
Speaker 5: Well we did at the end of the show, so you know, we'll start with you and then we'll end with you know, beautiful women doing Halloween burlesque here in the studio. So we got a lot on our plate. I already have two standard questions that we have to ask every year at this time. First of all, Dave Frasier, when are you blowing out your sprinklers?
Speaker 3: Not yet?
Speaker 7: Now yet?
Speaker 3: My lawn looks fantastic, as do a lot of lawns that I see driving up.
Speaker 7: And down the front range, especially those that.
Speaker 3: Had benefited from rain. We had some decent showers last night, so I always pay attention to the forecast lows, and when I start to see those lows being a little more consistent and closer to the freezing mark, I sometimes will just drain the external.
Speaker 7: Pipe so that that doesn't freeze.
Speaker 3: And crack, which is an easy thing to do, but may not blow them all out just yet. I'll wait until I see something it's going to be a little more permanent. Remember, the sprinklers are way down. The lines are in the ground, so they're protected by the warm temperatures in the ground. It takes a while for cold to penetrate. But it's that external pipe that I'll keep an eye out. If I see a thirty two, thirty three, thirty four, I'll probably blow it out and maybe turn them back on, because you know how we can ebb and flow in September and October, going from freezing nights to very warm stretches at times.
Speaker 5: So now let's ask question number two, which almost goes with question number one, but not really, Dave, when will the metro be getting our first measurable snowfall?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we get these kind of nips of fall in the morning.
Speaker 5: Like this morning, lovely this morning.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we're going to.
Speaker 2: Have more of that by the way.
Speaker 3: Moving forward, we'll have a few showers around tonight. Not a lot going on, but there will be some showers, and then we kind of enter a dry period. We'll have overnight lows right around forty eight to fifty, afternoon temperatures close to eighty degrees, which is about average, a couple of degrees above average. We've got a nice stretch of weather coming for the next seven to ten days. Really going to feel like fall and warm temperatures at this time of the year. Seventy eight seventy nine, eighty degrees, like a warm blanket. It's not really heap by any means. You know, the question always comes up at the seventy.
Speaker 7: Year we start to look at the long range models.
Speaker 3: You know, Denver's average first snowfall measurable, which is a tenth of an inch or more, is around the eighteenth of October. We're not obviously there yet. Last year we waited till November fifth before we got that first snowfall. And then back in twenty twenty one we had the latest first snowfall, which was December tenth. I think everybody remembers that one was like where's the snow?
Speaker 7: But I will tell you, Mandy, looking at some of the computer models and some.
Speaker 3: Of the prognostications of what might be coming. We've got warm Pacific waters to the west, We've got colder waters to the east, and what that does is kind of open up Canada to and the Arctic to kind of push cold air down our way.
Speaker 7: So we're thinking as we.
Speaker 3: Head into the winter that we may be Last year we kind of ebbed and flow with snow. We came up about eight to nine inches shy of the normal, which is fifty six for Denver, and we had bouts of snow, and then we had periods where it didn't snow.
Speaker 11: I think this year is going.
Speaker 7: To be a little more normal, and I do think we're going to.
Speaker 3: Get bouts of cold air that clipped northeast Colorado. Whether or not it backs into Denver, we'll see, but certainly the northeast plains.
Speaker 12: And I think once that.
Speaker 3: Cold air breaks free, because you've opened up the gates to the Arctic, it may stick around for long periods of time. So maybe, you know, November, Thanksgiving to Christmas and everything could be a cold period for us. So I'm expecting ebbs and flows of cold blasts and maybe an average season of snowfall, which would mean the heaviest snow would come in.
Speaker 7: Like March, you know, February, March, and April.
Speaker 3: To get us to that fifty sixth.
Speaker 5: Well, look to me at the radar as I was checking the radar as one of the storms was going through in the last few days. Looks like the mountains have been getting a little bit of snow. What kind of the snowfall are they getting up there? I mean, are we talking, you know, half an inch or a inch or what are we looking at there?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was on the air last night during our nine to ten and I could see on our radar colors the snow is blue and it was literally you could see it on radar, was clipping the cond of Divie. So I asked one of our producers to go ahead and pull some cameras up near the Eisenhower Tunnel and we found it and it was on the grass and you're right, it was about a half an inch maybe a little more. It did not stick to the roads. Roads were just wet.
Speaker 7: Obviously we haven't gotten that.
Speaker 3: Cold blash yet, but yeah, mountains have seen several battles of a sprinkling or a smattering of snow, and that's going to continue. They'll get a little bit of that tonight as we get some rain showers here, they'll get a rain snow mixed, or maybe a little bit of snow. I think Trail Ridge Road was closed this morning because they had some icy conditions, so the moisture up there kind of froze for a little bit. I don't know if they've reopened, but that's typical for the time of the year where they'll start to get a little bit of that, and whether or not it sticks on the roads, probably not. We got to wait a little bit for the gold.
Speaker 5: All right, I've got this question from our text line. Please ask Dave about the ever increasing Denver temperature records as it relates to the perpetual move east of official reporting sites, originally near the Platte River, then Stapleton Airport location, and now even further into the high desert surrounding DIA. Also the impact of an ever more sprawling metro area of more asphalt and fewer trees. Thank you. So let's take the first question first, because those are two very different questions in my view, and the first question, I mean how valid are those concerns because we all know, like I live in Douglas County, Dave, and when I look at the weather, like we were going to Golden on Sunday to see a play. I check the weather in Golden. It's like a completely different state, right than my weather in Parker. So it feels like that's really significant, and maybe there should be an asterisk on some of these, like hottest temperatures. Ever since we moved out to DIA.
Speaker 3: There is on the National Weather Service website, and I have brought this question up many times, and we get this question a lot. Denver's official recording in its record keeping since the late eighteen hundreds, that site has moved four times twice downtown, once out at Stapleton and then finally in the nineties out to Denver International. The temperatures were measured at Denver International when they moved the stick. The snow recordings lagged a little behobbling behind before it went out there, and there is an image that shows that the historical amounts of snow in a season is higher over the Denver metro area points west and south than it is as you migrate out to the airport and you can see it. And so they kind of mapped out the differences between.
Speaker 7: The sites downtown Denver, the.
Speaker 3: Stapleton area, which is just a little further east and north, and then of course out at THEA and you can see the progression that as you go to the north and east, the snow totals are lower. And that would also go into the part of the question about the temperatures. Obviously Denver's footprint has sprawled, and that impact of the heat island as we call it, the concrete, the buildings, the expansion of the roadways and everything plays into a warmer environment.
Speaker 7: So the question is valid, and I really don't have an answer to. You know, how we compare records. We argue amongst ourselves, as Meeta dolosers all the time. You know, we hit a record.
Speaker 3: High, what record did we break?
Speaker 7: Well, we broke a record from the eighteen hundreds, Well, how do we compare that when the censor for the eighteen hundreds was so many miles to the west. So it's a challenge and I always tell people it's just it's just a barometer, It's just a comparison, right, It's not a perfect record because it moved four times. But it's a comparison to say, today was a record high day, today was a record cold day, so there was a record snowfall amount. It's a comparison to kind of put the event in perspective, albeit not maybe exactly scientific, and think about it.
Speaker 3: We will look at temperatures now, Mandy, in tenths of a degree, right, there's some rounding going on when.
Speaker 7: It comes to whether or not we're at an average or not.
Speaker 3: Right now, we're four tenths of.
Speaker 7: An inch behind for the average for the months of September.
Speaker 3: They weren't taking temperatures in the eighteen hundreds and early nineteen hundreds and tenths of a degree.
Speaker 5: Well, I mean there was like a guy walking outside putting his finger up and going, yep, it feels like thirty two to me.
Speaker 7: I mean, you know, exactly exactly. So listen, take it, take it as a comparison.
Speaker 3: But don't take it as a hard line.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 7: No, this is the hottest we've ever.
Speaker 5: Bet right, Okay, So I just want to continue. I need you to continue to order up more weather like today for the next you know, for the next couple of months. Would be great if you could just whip that up in your little cauldron, your little weatherman cauldron, and make it happen. I sure what appreciated, Dave.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I am with you, guys, both you and a Rod. I'm loving the morning lows in the forties.
Speaker 5: I love the.
Speaker 3: Afternoon seventy five to eighty. I love the sunny skies. But a little bit of rain has been helpful.
Speaker 7: We'll get a little bit of that today.
Speaker 12: And if we do take that.
Speaker 3: Turn and we start to get the blast of cold and the snow is not far behind, I'm okay with that too. I love all four seasons, and that's why.
Speaker 6: I love living in Colorado.
Speaker 5: One last point for you. It's not really a question, just a request. Can you please ask Dave to include you Ray in his weather forecast. We really don't know what the weather's going to be. The apps are always wrong saying it's sunny when it's raining, snowing when it's clear. So you Ray is asking for help, Dave, if you could just throw that in.
Speaker 14: Yeah, we have on our map.
Speaker 3: Tell you right, we don't have you Ray.
Speaker 7: We get that from viewers all the time.
Speaker 3: Everybody wants their town on. We try and pick towns that have sensors that we can rely on, right and that have that we have spatial recognition, if you will.
Speaker 7: We have towns spaced out enough.
Speaker 3: On our maps that you can kind of get a perspective of what things are going to be like. But we get requests all the time to add certain towns, and sometimes that town just doesn't have a sensor that we can use. And other areas they're too crowded.
Speaker 8: I've got a group of cities that.
Speaker 3: Are on top of each other, and then you've got Urray and Ridgeway and tell you Ride in the Southwest.
Speaker 7: And so we have tell you Ride. Unfortunately, I don't.
Speaker 3: Know if I'll be able to wedge your ray in down there, but I understand the concern.
Speaker 5: All right, Dave Frasier, thanks so much. You can see his very accurate forecast on Fox thirty one unless you're in u Ray, and we'll talk to you next week, my friend, have a.
Speaker 7: Good one day, have fun this afternoon. I'll be listening, all right, thanks man.
Speaker 5: We'll be right back. To be clear, I have no issue with any of the posts that nine News put up there. Their news posts about Charlie Cook memorials and things like that. They're very even keeled, very right down the middle. But the responses show exactly who is listening and watching to nine News. Now, I want to share this text message really quick. So my team is evil if I don't share your outrage about your person well team, your team shot up kids in Evergreen High School last week, and they shot up the CDC the week before that, and they shot at a minnesot A state legislator and her husband a couple months before that. I don't really recall all of your outrage about your team when those shootings happened. Actually, maybe these crazy people on on your team or my team, Mandy, maybe they're just crazy people. But for the record, I haven't really appreciated you calling me personally evil this week because I'm not apoplectic about your guy. To be clear, I don't find you evil for not being apoplectic. What I find evil is people trying to justify the murder of Charlie Kirk by putting things up like he was a really bad guy and then cherry picking stuff that he said. That's what I find evil. If you like me, when someone on the other side of the aisle that I disagree as strongly dies just keep your opinion to yourself, which is what decent people do. I don't think you're evil, but I think there are a lot of people who have shown exactly where their heart is, and it's not in a good place. Now. Kevin reached out to me via text and said, Hey, I got a longer question. Kevin, you got one minute? Can you get it in?
Speaker 14: I hope so I want to get your take on this, Mandy.
Speaker 15: I tend to lean right on most things, but I've been catching a lot of flak from my friends on the right because I believe and I want your take on it, all of the right leaning media seems to be blaming the left for the shooting and for all the hate. In my opinion, they're spreading hate themselves by blaming the left. They shouldn't say the left had just left did that? I believe it should be. Hey, we need to cut this out. Trump did it the other day in a press conference, you know, blaming the left. What is your take on this? I mean, do you feel it's the left or do you feel we all need to just stop and calm down.
Speaker 5: Let me give you and Kevin, I'm gonna have to start this answer before the break and then I'm gonna have to finish it after the right because it's a long answer and it's a valid criticism for me. Remember after Trump got shot, we were all asking for togetherness, we were all asking to, you know, lower the tone of the rhetoric. Right, That's what we did after Trump got shot. But killing Charlie Kirk is different. And when we get back, I will tell you why. And I very much appreciate the question, Kevin. We'll do this right after this.
Speaker 1: The Mandy Connell Show is sponsored by Belle and Pollock Accident and Injury Lawyers.
Speaker 2: No, it's Mandy connellyn on Ka.
Speaker 4: Ninetym got way, Kenn Nicey got through three many Connell keeping you're.
Speaker 2: Real sad, babe.
Speaker 5: Welcome, Welcome, Welcome to the second hour of the show. A little bit later, we are talking about Halloween burlesque. Oh yes, you heard me right. But right now, I want to respond to a question that listener Kevin had and it's a legitimate question. And Kevin said, look, I lean right on a lot of stuff, but I'm being getting a lot of crap from my friends on the right for pointing out that by blaming the left for Charlie Kirk's murder. You are engaging in the kind of hateful rhetoric that you are accusing the left of engaging in. And you, guys, that is a fair criticism. It is one hundred percent accurate. But now I just said in the last hour, anything that comes after the butt negates anything I just said right there. You can't negate the fact that he's making a solid point that we are now engaging in the kind of rhetoric that we're worried about. Except with one big exception, when I talk about people on the left showing their dark souls by celebrating and justifying the death of Charlie Kirk, not one single time have I advocated any kind of vibelits have I said these people are a threat to the United States of America. Now other people have. Other people absolutely have, and I think that's counterproductive, and I think in that case, Kevin is one hundred percent correct. But the reality is this, you guys, Charlie Kirk broke something in a lot of people that otherwise have been going about their business keeping their mouths shut, not getting into it with their liberal friends, because the friendship is more important than you know, winning an argument. They have now realized that not only not only did someone on the left, inspired by left wing rhetoric, by left wing conversations, decided that the answer was to murder a man who was not a politician. He hadn't been elected into office with a long history of you know, disparaging or disappointing constituents. We're used to presidents getting shot. We're used to politicians getting shot. I hate it, but it's true. That's why people started to make the comparison between Charlie Kirk's murder and Martin Luther King's murder because Martin Luther King Junior was not a politician. He was the leader of a movement. Now that movement had a political bent. That Martin Luther King Junior wasn't running for president. He was trying to change the country. Charlie Kirk wasn't running for president. He was trying to change the country and for a lot of people, people like me. When I hear people on the left, and some of them are people that I have cared deeply about for a very very long time, when I hear them trying to justify the murder of Charlie Kirk by saying well, you know, he wasn't a good guy.
Speaker 8: Right.
Speaker 5: What they're saying is, hey, this guy that I disagree with, that you happen to agree with a lot of things that he believed, and that he said he's not a good guy, so therefore you are not a good guy either.
Speaker 16: Right.
Speaker 5: Isn't that how you take it? That's how it feels to me. It very much feels that way to me. And even Jesus had a moment where he flipped the tables and yelled at the money changers, and that's kind of where I am. I'm ready to flip some tables. I'm ready to push back because frankly, it's not about urging violence. It's not about urging you know anything. It is about holding them to account for their culpability in creating an atmosphere where a twenty two year old man decided that the quote was some hate can't be negotiated from.
Speaker 16: Right.
Speaker 5: That was a quote from his own text messages. Where does that sound? Does that sound familiar at all? Well, let me run through some of the quotes that I just pulled up in the I don't know six minutes between Kevin's call and now Representative Jasmine Crockett. She said, I think that you punch. I think you punch. I think you okay with punching. She also said Senator Ted Cruz has to be knocked over the head, like hard, right, like there's no niceties in him, like at all, you go clean off on him. That's Jasmine Crockett. Governor Gavin Newsom, he said, we're gonna punch these sons of bitches in the mouth. Former Representative Veto O'Rourke said, instead of awaiting the punch thrown by those would be fascist, we'll get to the word fascist in just a moment to hit us in the face and then respond, I want us to punch first. I want us to punch harder. Representative Maxine Waters. If you see anybody from that cabinet in a restaurant, a department store, at a gasoline station, you get out and you create a crowd and you push back on them and you tell them they're not welcome anymore anywhere. House Lead House Minority Leader Hi King jeffries, we're gonna fight it legislatively, We're gonna fight it in the courts, We're gonna fight it in the streets. That kind of rhetoric along with the constant drumbeat of Republicans or Nazis. Trump is a fascist. First of all, you demean the atrocities that were perpetrated by actual Nazis and actual fascists by saying that, because it is so detached from reality, and for a very long time, people like me, we just you know what, we're like, we'll agree to disagree, and we took it and we're not taking it anymore. So I am here to hold them accountable because there is a huge level of denial going on right now. Oh my goodness, when the text messages between this shooter and his boyfriend were released yesterday already on X they're like, oh my god, twenty year olds do not.
Speaker 17: Talk like that.
Speaker 5: Well, if they use voice to text, they do, because if you use voice to text and just say a sentence, that's what it texts. But by the way, the boyfriend is cooperating completely because he sure as hell doesn't want to go to jail. So we're in a position right now where we can do exactly what you're saying. We can rise above until the next time. Because what we've seen on the left, and I'm not even talking about from elected officials and I haven't even gotten to Joe Biden and everything Joe Biden said. Do you remember Joe's dark Joe Biden's speech where he literally said Donald Trump and Maga Republicans are a threat to democracy and he used that throughout the entire campaign. They are a threat to democracy. They are trying to destroy the foundations of this country. Is that productive political speech or is that an incitement to violence for a crazy person who has decided that this is the way to go.
Speaker 18: Now.
Speaker 5: I have my own opinions about this shooter. I think he was a very very conflicted gay man from a conservative family in a state where it's not okay to be gay, and I think he had he thought this was going to be some kind of grand, romantic gesture that was not only going to show his beloved how much he loved him, but was also going to man him up right. None of that, None of that should have happened, None of it. So I feel this very deeply. And to see people that I thought were my friends piling on using cherry picked quotes that demonstrate clearly that not only they've never listened to a single thing Charlie Kirk ever said by the way, I've watched more Charlie Kirk content in the past five days than I have watched in my entire life. Before he was shot. I wasn't in his demo. He wasn't talking to me, right, he was talking to college students. And that's the other thing. This wasn't just an attack on Charlie Kirk, an attack on people who think like I do. It was an attack on free speech. Aren't we always told when Black Lives Matter happened. Weren't we told we had to have a conversation, we needed to have a national reckoning on race. We were told that over and over and over again, only to find out that the conversations were lectures from racist who wanted to sit and tell a bunch of white people that we were all inherently racist and there was nothing we could do to get the racism out of our soul, and therefore we needed to give them money or something in order to get absolution from the racism that we can't get out of our souls. We were told we needed a conversation. Well, guess what Charlie Kirk was having a conversation. He was trying to talk to people he didn't agree with He gave them an open microphone from which they were allowed to come up, pontificate, share their views, and many times they shared them in a very aggressive fashion, and he was never nasty. He would push back, but he was never nasty even to people who were nasty to him, because he knew he could win the argument. He knew that the facts were on his side, and that being so dangerous to people on the left that they're celebrating the death of Charlie Kirk because they disagreed with what he said. How does that not feel like it puts you on notice? How does not feel like you could be next? I mean, maybe I feel this way. Maybe I feel a heightened sense of this because of what I do for a living. There's a real possibility of that that I just have such a heightened sense of emotion here because it feels very possible that this could be my fate because someone disagrees with what I say. It is so completely antithetical to the American ideals that I have long believed in. You know, I say I am a free speech absolutist. When Jimmy Seenberger was in here yesterday and we were talking about these horrific websites and reddit, you know, subreddits or whatever where people are watching murder and everything. As you hear me say, they should be taken down. No, I just said kids shouldn't be allowed to go there. I think they're vile and disgusting, and I think that I wish, I just wish that at white hat hackers would go in and they would identify the people in these chat rooms, so we will all know who to look out for. That would be what I would like to see happen. Oh, you want to watch videos of school shootings. I want to know who you are, and I'm keeping an eye on you from here on out. But I don't know what I'm taken down. You can't be a free speech absolutist and not believe that it is not the government's role to curtail speech. But at the same time, I ran it out a teacher in Meet County who apparently a substitute, is now teaching her class for her nasty comments. You know why, I'm not the government, And I've been told for years now, for years by people on the left, that there should be accountability when you say things that upset people. Well, boy, howdy, this went well beyond saying things that upset people. Now I'm having my Jesus flipping the tables moment. I am having the moment where I am so viscerally angry that I am determined to never be silent again. When someone I know and love and care about says some dumb ass left wing thing, I can assure you that I will gently and completely let them know just how dumb what they just said was. Because they have this impression that more people in the world agree with them than not. They have this impression that they can go on the Internet, which is a public forum, by the way, and they can say the nastiest things that they can think of. They can cheer and show videos of their children. Oh, I didn't even talk about this yesterday. I'm gonna bring this in here. I'm gonna bring this into this conversation, so I hope Kevin begins to understand. Yesterday on the blog Heaven, if you didn't see it, there was a video that was filmed by a mother and then put on line by the same mother. And in this video you have two little children and the mom comes up he goes, I have the best news ever, and I'm paraphrasing, but I'm pretty close. I have the best news ever. And one of the children says Donald Trump died, and the mom laughs and it's like, no, that's not what happened. And the other one goes, Jadie Vance died, and you should see the hope in their faces for the death of people that their parents disagree with politically. Be clear, those kids learned that from their mother. So if calling out that level of hate is hate speech, well sometimes you got a punch a bully in the face. And I don't mean that literally, I mean it rhetorically. The other part of this whole thing is watching people on the left cry crocodile tears over losing a job because people rated them out because they said all horrible things that showed absolutely no humanity, y'all. I am like stone when I see these people crying. I don't care, because in my twenty years of doing a talk show, I have had at least four concerted, organized efforts by people on the left to either get all of my advertisers to cancel their contracts with me or to actively work to get me fired. So I've already been through this four separate occasions. I have had to file police reports because of threats that I received at the radio station on more than one occasion. So my sympathy is zero because they did it to me. Now I realized that at some point, we're all gonna have to rise above. We're all gonna have to figure out a way to bring the country back together. And guys, I want to be a part of that. I really do. But I also know they will never stop unless they pay some kind of consequences for their lack of humanity. And the government can't do it, but the people can. We can use the exact same rule book that was written by people on the left that has been deployed against people on the right for decades. Now, if you ever listen to Russia Limbaugh, you know that Rush Limbaugh was constantly the subject of a group of people that would attack all of his advertisers on every local station, and they would say, I'm a dedicated customer and I'm never shopping there again as long as you advertise on the Rush Limbaugh Show. He talked about it openly on the air. So we are now picking up the rule book that the left laid down, and until they decide that the rule book needs to go for everybody. We have no choice because now they've gone from calling us Nazis, and they've gone from calling us fascists, and they've gone from comparing us to Joseph Kerbels on the floor of Congress. They've gone from merely saying we need to be punched in the face to now one of our people, a young man with two small children and a wife, whose crime was going on college campuses and getting young people whose heads had been jammed full with so much just mush from the left that run our universities, and making them question their belief system. He never bludgeon them over the head rhetorically and tried to force them to believe what he believed. He asked them questions to make them question the dumb ass things that they believe, and they killed him.
Speaker 9: They murdered him.
Speaker 5: So I realized that it is a very contradictory feeling. I don't like feeling this way. If you guys have listened to the show, you know I'm not a name caller, I'm not a pejorative slinger. Yeah, I am highly critical of the Democrats in this state and the way they run it, But I have never lobbed a personal attack. I have never said go down to the Capitol and punch someone in the face. I have never advocated for violence in any way, shape or form, and I have certain I have never celebrated an attack on a political opponent.
Speaker 16: Ever.
Speaker 5: And yet for me, is that enough to get me shot and then have people here celebrate it? The people on the nine news facebook page? Are they going to celebrate my death too? This is different because it's different. This is different because it will never stop until we stop it. And I hate that this is where we are. I hate it with a fire of a thousand sons. I really do. I would much rather have substantial conversations about policy decisions that are going to affect our lives on a daily basis, as boring as that may be, I would much prefer that. But this moment was thrust upon us, and I'm tired of being nice. I'm tired of feeling like I have to curtail my viewpoint because someone on the other side is gonna call me a racist, a homophobe, a fascist, a Nazi, a whatever. Frankly, I don't care about any of that. Honestly, I just I don't fight with people because I can't be bothered now I'm bothered now it matters. So I hope Kevin, this helps you understand. It's not going to excuse the point that the dialogue on the right is now matching the dialogue on the left. It's not gonna excuse that. But, like I said, we have to stop this, and frankly, I think the only way we stop it is by using the exact same tactics that we learn from the left on them, so they decide to not use them on us anymore. Because it sucks, sucks for everybody. I hate everybody right now, you guys, I really do. I don't mean I hate it. I don't hate a rod. I don't hate you guys listening to the audience, I have no reason to hate ay right runs like, dude, what did I do? No, Seriously, I hate the political discourse. I hate the political dialogue. I hate what this country is becoming. But I genuinely am starting to believe until we get serious about shoving it back down their throats, it will never ever end. Now, when we get back, I'm going to open up the phone lines. I'm gonna let you guys weigh in, and then We're not going to talk about this in the two o'clock hour. I have like a million other things that I want to talk about. Okay, So when we get back from break, phone lines open three O three seven to one, three eighty five eighty five, will be right back. Are we spreading hate speech? Are we doing what they say? You know what we say they're doing. Are we now doing?
Speaker 16: Yeah?
Speaker 5: We kind of are. And I wish we weren't. I wish I didn't feel this way. I wish I didn't believe that the only way to stop this is to kind of give as good as we get. Three O three seven one three eighty five eighty five. That's three oh three seven one three eighty five eighty five. David in Pueblo. On your mind, David.
Speaker 10: Mandy.
Speaker 19: I recently started to listening to you.
Speaker 12: I drive a truck and called out of.
Speaker 19: Four quick items and I'll be fast.
Speaker 12: I think I liked your reference.
Speaker 19: Is mandy spelt.
Speaker 14: Different than a stripper?
Speaker 19: Secondly, you talked about being a cheerer in high school and being on the bottom of the pyramids and all that. It's gonna ask you how tall you were, and you never answered that question.
Speaker 5: I'm five ten, and I've been five to ten since the ninth grade.
Speaker 11: But there you go.
Speaker 5: Y was funny.
Speaker 19: Thirdly, yeah, give as good as you can get. You know what it's been on for years, kind of like the frog and put it in the pot and turn of the heat on.
Speaker 20: Ye.
Speaker 19: And the Democrats have abused this, the legacy media has abused this. The education which I watched my children and another state go through. The indoctrination is over the top. I'll just leave that alone.
Speaker 5: But what really is the lead of all this?
Speaker 8: Mandy?
Speaker 19: And no one wants to deal with it. And I'm finding people that are so scared. Yes there's been laws, but they're not legit. All elections, their selections where Machin needs need to go.
Speaker 10: And I mailed at work and I reach out to poets all the time.
Speaker 19: To three Tina Peter's partner, because she's corruptly in jail.
Speaker 5: We'll agree to disagree about Tina Peters. Because Tina Peters was tried by a Republican prosecutor in a district that probably had a mostly Republican jury, and from what I know from following the trials, she clearly violated the law clearly. Now is ther sent and successive. Yeah, I think it is.
Speaker 8: I do.
Speaker 5: I think it's successive. But she clearly violated the law, so we will agree to disagree on that, Dave. But all the rest of your points are are you gratefully accepted? I appreciate that, No problem.
Speaker 19: Well you might want to every want research on that trial because she never really got a fair trial.
Speaker 5: Well, there's a lot of reasons for that as well. But they were choices that she made. So it's like when someone makes a bad choice about who they hire as an attorney. That's the choice that they've made, and she made that. Never mind, we'll go into that later. Jack, you're on Koway What's on your Mind?
Speaker 8: By Mandy.
Speaker 11: I keep hearing public figures, some of them politicians, some of them entertainers, most recently Jamie Curtis making references that are.
Speaker 8: Its hoowful? They are appropriate, yes, that regard, but who simply say I couldn't disagree more with Charlie Kirk's ideas. I don't hear anyone enumerate what those ideas are. I don't even hear them say I disagree completely with Charlie Kirk's approach or his technique and I'd like for someone to tell me what those ideas are. Even the person under arrest talked about some ideas can't be negotiated with. Has anyone on that stand expressed what ideas I think?
Speaker 5: Well, I think there's a couple of things that work here. And I'm glad you brought up Jamie Lee Curtis because I'm a huge fan. She is on the left, openly on the left. She has a trans daughter, and so she gave what I thought were incredibly gracious comments about Charlie Kirk. She is a person of faith. She is a woman who says, look, I was saved by AA and I have a great relationship with my creator. And I thought her comments were very gracious. But people on the left must qualify their comments because if they are perceived by people on the left as being too sympathetic to the death of Charlie Kirk, well then the knives come out for them, right, And so I think that there is a lot of that going on where they feel like they have to say, well, I didn't agree with anything he said, and I bet you a vast majority of them could not clearly articulate a single thing that Charlie Kirk said, but that's like the disclaimer, so they don't get annihilated by their side while they're trying to do something kind and express some sympathy. So, you know, I think that's a fair question, Jack, But I don't think the time is now to say, I'm going to press you on this, right, like, let them at least do the decent thing and say this man did not deserve to die and condemn in no uncertain terms of political violence. Because to your point, there have been people on the left that have said that. But I think that they have to give themselves cover or otherwise they know their next right. And it's sad but true.
Speaker 8: Well, yeah, I don't quite know what to say in response to that, other than until those ideas are articulated, there's really no discussion that we can hit. But you know what, miserating with the family.
Speaker 11: We agree on that with people like Jamie Lee Curtis. But Jack, here's the thing that they have a compulsion to tell us that they disagree. Why is that even necessarily Well, part because.
Speaker 5: They have to they have to to give themselves cover with their side. The reality is is that Jack, there are such good things happening in the background right now. They're a turning Point USA. The organization started by Charlie Kirk has They said they had over forty two thousand requests in the last week for students who wanted to start a Turning Port chapter at their schools, whether it was middle school or high school or their colleges. You have all of these people, some of who had never even heard of Charlie Kirk before consuming his content at a very high level. And as soon as those people understand and truly grasp what Charlie Kirk was about, those are the people that are going to be going to be fighting back. Those are the people that are going to be doing exactly what you say you need and I agree needs to happen. But I do think it's been a week. There is still We're still early in the grief curve and things are are happening behind the scenes that will come to fruition later that I think will provide you some satisfaction on this particular measure. Jack, I appreciate the phone call. Let me get Mark. You are on KOA from Golden What's on your mind?
Speaker 12: Hi? Mandy. An earlier show you were talking about no More Cherry Creek School District, no more valid Victorians.
Speaker 5: Yes, that was yesterday.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 12: I was reading about the Colorado Teacher of the Year and one of the finalists was a teacher from Cherry Creek High School, So I think they should take that away too.
Speaker 5: Mark, that is an excellent point that you just made. If they're not going to let the kids have superlative, surely they can't have a teacher get a superlative either. Hey, Mark, you're in Golden Are you familiar with the Miners Alley Theater there? The little theater right there off of the main drag. It's so good. You should go see a play there.
Speaker 12: Yeah, Myners Hardware thirty five years.
Speaker 5: Yes, ma'am, exactly. They do great work there. I just saw my first show there on Sunday and absolutely loved it. Stown Yep, I appreciate it.
Speaker 13: Man.
Speaker 5: That's a great point, Mark, A fine point, Isn't that funny? Mandy? I think the the shooter's problem with Charlie that he mentioned in the text exchange was probably his stance on homosexuality. Sounds like this kid might have been gay, but everything in his upbringing told him that was not good. And my guess is was Charlie was not a fan. If I'm a If I'm a I don't that's dude. Well, here's the thing. There's a lot of content of Charlie Kirk speaking directly to people who come up and say I'm queer or I'm gay or whatever. And Charlie Kirk was always very clear. He said, look, because of my faith, I believe that marriage is between a man and a woman. But I also believe that gay people are welcome in the conservative movement. And there's a video floating around yesterday. I should probably grab it. I'll see if I can find it of him actually pushing back on a student who got up to a microphone and said basically like, how can you welcome gay people if you say you're a Christian? And Charlie Kirk pushed back really hard on that and said, what would you do with these people? Of course, of course they're welcome. So though he personally believed that homosexuality was a sin, he never went out and said you're wrong, you're going to hell, you're a bad person, you're all of these things. He just said, my beliefs are this. Shouldn't you be able to say that?
Speaker 18: Now?
Speaker 5: I disagree with it. Charlie Kirk and I disagree on homosexuality. His is biblically informed and I understand that and appreciate it. Mine is a little more loosey goosey. I kind of feel like God made us all in this, you know, in a way. So I disagreed with him all that, But he was never nasty about it. He never said, hey, you giant homo, sit down and shut up. That never happened. So if this kid was radicalized because of that, And I think it's a safe assertion to say that a man in a relationship with another man who is trying to become a woman but is still a man, you are gay if you are in that relationship. If you are a man in a relationship with another man with a penis, you are in a gay relationship. And where I sit, there's nothing wrong with that. Hey, Chris, what's on your mind?
Speaker 14: Hey Mandy A longtime listener. I'm a construction worker. I agree with you about you know, if you speak out, I mean, what is this in nineteen forty two? Again?
Speaker 5: Yeah, it does feel that way that only they prove narrative is allowed.
Speaker 14: Yeah, it's just it's unbelievable I don't you know. I hope your station will give you some money to pay for your security.
Speaker 5: We have talked about it, yes, yes, we have indeed talked about it. So yeah, there are things work in there.
Speaker 18: You know.
Speaker 14: It's just absurd. I didn't think I'd ever live in a country like this. It just bothers me away. I'm like, come on, people, it's okay to talk to each other.
Speaker 5: As a matter of fact, it used to be encouraged, but here we are, Chris. I appreciate the phone call man, Thanks for listening as well. Hey David in Golden you're on KOA.
Speaker 7: Hi Mandy, Hi David again, same same thing, long time listener.
Speaker 10: I absolutely love your show. God bless you for what you do.
Speaker 15: Thank you.
Speaker 5: I appreciate that.
Speaker 10: Uh, dang it. I just wish they'd bring battle Box back.
Speaker 7: Well.
Speaker 5: Battle Bots actually has an entire facility in Las Vegas now, they have like a building in Las Vegas. So I'll find out about that and I'll let you know if battle Bots is making a comeback anytime soon.
Speaker 7: Oh that would be awesome.
Speaker 10: Maybe we could, you know, work out our differences on with our battle box.
Speaker 5: That would be amazing to have one battle bot be read one battle bot be blue. Then you have a porcupine battle bot for the Libertarian Party and just duke it out in the battle fock ring and let our robots do the talking forest. That would be fantastic.
Speaker 10: Yeah, they only have a thing. Uh you know, I watched the news this morning and they were talking about the lack of funding for RSOs. I wonder if somebody I wouldn't be able to do it, but I wonder if somebody could put together a volunteer organization to supplement the RSOs in the school district.
Speaker 5: Well, I do think this is going to get renewed attention for a variety of reasons. I know that Douglas County just had a big meeting last night about school security and they have to change. They have to change some stuff legislatively to be able to provide SROs for every school. There's some things that has to happen. But whatever community you're in, David, I would start to reach out to the school board and say, what is the situation on SROs. How can we get more SROs in the schools? Because if they hear from people, if they get phone calls and say this is important to me. I want to make sure our kids have the best chance, and I think SROs would be a big part of it. It will make a difference. So I would urge you and everybody listening to make that phone call to the school board respectfully, politely ask them about increased security for kids because we got to do something. I appreciate the phone call David very much. I want to read one email before we go to break. It's real short. It just says, Mandy, please don't use my name. I work in a newsroom. What you just said today inspired me to push harder. It's been an uphill battle to get conservative viewpoints heard and represented. You're vilified for expressing and opposing viewpoint. You want to discuss coverage from a memorial for Charlie Kirk and someone suggests doing a piece about the difference between hate speech and political rhetoric. How about a story regarding a human being who was about free speech. I don't have to agree with what you say, but I'm going to stand up for your right to say it. I hate seeing where we are in a society today. We cannot openly discuss opposing viewpoints in a peaceful manner and maybe gain a better understanding. We'll be right back.
Speaker 1: The Mandy Connell Show is sponsored by Belle and Pollock Accident and injury Lawyers.
Speaker 2: No, it's Mandy Connell and.
Speaker 20: Nine am say I want to stay the nicety Prey and.
Speaker 2: Connal Key is sad bab.
Speaker 5: Welcome, Wellcot, Welcome to the third hour of the show. I'm your host, Mandy Connell. I got Anthony Rodriguez was there. We got the wine Yogi doing her airhorn. As a matter of fact, I really would love for you guys to go to the blog today. I had like a whole show planned. I did not mean to spend the entire show talking about the aftermath of the Charlie Kirk assassination and the political discourse in this country. It's only been a week. I'm still not over it. I did not mean to go completely down this way today. But there's a lot of people, based on the responses I'm getting there sort of in the same position. So we will continue this for a couple more phone calls and then I've got other stuff on the blog at mandy'sblog dot com that I really want to get to. But I want to talk to Vicky and Greeley first, Vicky, you're on kaway. What's on your mind?
Speaker 21: Hi, thank you for taking my call. Yes, just observations from two years ago. Uh, during the whole George Floyd and black lives matters, uproars and everything, the cops, the police officers, the school resource officers were not wanted in the schools. They were not welcome in the school, nor were they welcome pretty much anywhere. But now, all of a sudden you kind of almost get suggist that it was almost the school resource officer's fault and Evergreen, And I mean, it's just an observation that why the cops were not welcome back then, but now it's all of a sudden that they're needed and wanted everywhere. So it's just the hypocrisy is driving me to drink, and it's a little bit of a WTF allment.
Speaker 5: Well, you know, and I get to you, Vicky, and I appreciate the phone call. I totally understand that feeling. And it's when you say it's the SRO's fault. In Evergreen, the s RO was on medical leave and there was another SRO that was split between two schools, and so there was no SRO in the schools at that time. So that's kind of I think what Vicky was referring to. But yeah, they're bad, they're good. The problem is is that, just as people like me said when they defund the police, movement really got rolling on the left. We all sat here and we're like, you know, crime's gonna go up, right, I mean, you do know criminals are going to fill that void, right, And all of a sudden, everybody's like, oh my gosh, we need an SRO because bad things are gonna go Well, yeah, that's well. I'm just glad they got there eventually. Vicky. I'm just glad they, you know, figured it out. Just be grateful for that. Sharon and Thornton, I'll let you have the last word. What's on your mind?
Speaker 13: Hi, it's Karen actually, but never mind. My granddaughters went to Erie High School. They were in middle school when.
Speaker 7: Sandy Hook hit Yeah, and I had a thought.
Speaker 13: Then I talked to their school principal and supposedly, someone who's gonna call me from the district and it never did. And if somebody suggested, I'm sorry.
Speaker 7: But my thought was they could find a lot of retired.
Speaker 13: Grandparents parents who would gladly go to the school and not have to pay them a plug nickel just to keep the kids safe.
Speaker 5: Well, in some schools, like my daughter's charter school in Douglas County had a program like that and they called it Watchdogs. Yeah, they called it watchdogs, and they basically were parents or grandparents that just were in the schools. They would walk around the grounds and make sure that, you know, everything looked fine, and they would kind of keep an eye on things. And it really just takes one family or one person coordinating the volunteer situation. I don't know about a true traditional public school how welcoming they would be, but our charter school loved it and they encouraged it, and we had a great group of parents. My husband was one of them that just was were on campus. So to your point, that exists, but it is usually, to your point, again, a volunteer organization. So perhaps if you're listening to this right now and you're one of those retired grandparents who would love to help out, reach out and see if you can start a chapter in the school near you. I appreciate the phone call. Somebody just pointed out something and I am embarrassed that I forgot about this. It is Constitution Day. How ironic is that that the Constitution, which includes the Bill of Rights, one of the greatest documents, in my view, ever to create a system of government that was designed with one goal, and that was to ensure that the people who lived under that document could remain free, and that included the right to free speech and just for fun. I want you to all do this with me, because we all learned it the same way. We all learned the Preamble to the Constitution. If you're my age, if you're gen X, you know where I'm going with this. Hey, Rod, can you sing the preamble with me?
Speaker 11: Do you know it?
Speaker 5: Do you know the song? We the people in order to form them more perfect, and establish justice and ensure a domestic drink with let ee provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of our liberty to ourselves and our posterity to our dain, and distablish this Constitution of the United States of americ I guarantee you there's like everyone my age was singing that song.
Speaker 6: Ever heard of schoolhouse Rock?
Speaker 5: That's how we learned everything in Jai and I never heard that one. Oh god, look it up right now, Look up Schoolhouse rock preample of the Constitution. Phenomenal. All the Schoolhouse rocks are amazing. I have them on DVD.
Speaker 17: They're so good.
Speaker 5: Today is Constitution Day. So let's not take that for granted, shall we, Because this, all of this, the whole thing we've been talking about for the show. It's all about free speech and free speech. But you know, I see this all the time on the show when people say, you know, why do we have to have this, or why do we have to have gun violence? Why do we have the guys, we live ostensibly in a free nation, and in a free nation, it's messy, it's not clean. And Charlie Kirk made the point. Charlie Kirk made the point about the Second Amendment. He started out, by the way, if you've seen that little snippet from people saying he wanted kids dead, die because of this, that's not at all what he said. In the longer context of that clip, he goes on to talk about things that we as a society have decided are worth the trade off. He uses the example of fifty thousand people die in car accidents every year. Fifty thousand people die live, snuffed out by car accidents. And yet we as a society are not saying, well, we got to give up our cars, We got to get that. That's it's it's inconvenient.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 5: We've decided that fifty thousand deaths were willing to roll the dice and hope we're not one of them. And the point he was trying to make that in order to allow us to push back against a tyrannical government, we have to have arms, and there's no way that we could fight back. I mean, you look at some of these Look at the people in Venezuela. They're living under a totalitarian who has destroyed their economy. People are literally starving. They were eating zoo animals at one point, and you know they don't have any way to fight back. Same in Cuba, because as soon as these totalitarians get into office, the first thing they do is disarm the population. And if that doesn't give you pause, I don't know if I can help you. Be kind about my singing they preamble to the constitution. Several of you noticed that it was a little off key. Whatever singing voice I had went completely away after my vocal cord surgery, so the fact that I even did that, it just shows how much I love you and how much I love that. It's Constitution Day today and many of you are hitting up the text line with announcing I'm just a bill or a conjunction junction, what's your function? And it's amazing to me as a member of the gen X community. Let me just tell the kids listening, and yeah, there's some younger people listening.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 5: Back when we were kids, we didn't have cartoons all day. We didn't have the cartoon Network. We got cartoons on Saturday morning and we would get up and we would pour a giant bowl of some kind of incredibly unhealthy cereal. For me, Lucky Charms was my poison, and we would eat this bowl of cereal while shoveling in just you know, cartoons on Saturday morning, because you literally got three hours of cartoons before, like news shows started, and schoolhouse Rock taught us all so much stuff, Like there's so many other good schoolhouse Rock videos, like the shot heard around the world about the beginning of the American Revolution. You'd be surprised how much of that when you remember. But but what do kids consume now, you know, Like why don't we have because Schoolhouse Rock was based really in the foundation of the country and based in patriotism. This is back in the nineteen seventies. We were coming up to the bi centennial in nineteen seventy six, and people were invested in learning about what made this country great. And now we have kids in school where all they're learning is everything we did wrong. We have to get to a balance with what kids are learning. You absolutely have to learn about the mistakes that have been made in this country because we have never lived all the way up to the ideals that we have put forth in the Declaration of Independence or the Constitution. There's always somebody getting the short end of the stick, right, So it doesn't mean we shouldn't continue to try to live up to those ideals, because I strongly believe that we should continue to try to live up to those ideals. But it's amazing how much that stuck, isn't it. I mean, think about it. I can remember that, And what was the other one? Remember the wagon wheel guy that used to make snacks for after lunch, the guy with the little cane and the hat, what was his name? All these flashbacks from childhood are coming in now that I'm talking about the Schoolhouse Rock and you've never seen Schoolhouse Rock, you really should. When my daughter was really little, Oh god, I forgot about this. So my daughter was really little and I tried to like introduce Schoolhouse Rock to her and she was like, oh, this isn't so boring because we sat down to watch it all in a row, right. But back in the day, they were just interspersed on a commercial break. The networks literally took time out of their programming to teach us about how a bill gets passed, or the preamble of the Constitution, or what started the revolution. I mean, come on, Mandy, I would have thought you'd watch Bandstand or he Haw Saturday mornings. Well they came on after he Haw. By the way, it was at seven pm on Saturday night. I can also sing gloom, despair, agony on me. Oh that spooky music indicates we're going to talk about something Halloween related, But instead of blood and guts and jump scares, we're talking about maybe some feather boas. I don't know AC's we're talking about burlesque. The show is called Nightmare on St.
Speaker 2: Strip.
Speaker 5: That's hard to say right on Strip Street. Kelly not there on Strip Street.
Speaker 22: Say that about fourteen thousand times day. So, yes, it's Nightmare on Strip Street here in Denver, of started in July going through November.
Speaker 5: From wait, it's been going on since July? Yes, how did I just hear about this? Is it just as we're coming up to Halloween?
Speaker 9: I think that's the case.
Speaker 5: And I am out of the burlesque demo mostly, you.
Speaker 22: Know not you would be surprised when you come see the show. If we can get you to come see the show, you will be surprised by the variety of ages that we have there. A lot of couples, of couples come for date night or or what have you. But yeah, this is a city that we're doing this particular show in, right, and the production company is developing it here.
Speaker 9: So we started in mid July through August.
Speaker 22: We sold out every show, so the producers decided to extend us through November.
Speaker 5: Second, so let me ask this question for anybody listening, because already I can feel the judge people and they're like, maybe you're having strippers on that program and no, what is the difference between burlesque In a more graphic form of we called the shoe show.
Speaker 22: Here on the program that you the ladies are just wearing shoes. What is the difference. The difference is that this is burlesque. It is much more choreographed directed. This is high level dancing. The dancers we have here today and the dancers in our show are elite athletes.
Speaker 5: There.
Speaker 22: This is something you'll see in Vegas. This is not what you'll see at Shotgun Willies. God bless everyone there. But this is not somebody who decides to just get up there and shake.
Speaker 5: Their hip right.
Speaker 22: This is highly choreographed, highly directed, highly elite dancing.
Speaker 5: Well, we have Jamie and Brandon in with us today and I'm gonna start with Janie. Janie, when you were little, were you like, God, I want to be a burlesque dancer when I grow up. How did you get here?
Speaker 8: Not quite?
Speaker 18: Hi, No, I've I've always wanted to be a dancer, but this sort of just like fell into my lap this year. So this is my first time doing a burlesque show. But it's a blast and I love it.
Speaker 5: Did you have reservations at all like the concept of burlesque? What were your thoughts about it when when you found out about it? Where did you have any reservations at all?
Speaker 18: Me personally, No, I'm a very open book though. I'm a heels dancer, so I'm used to like the sexy nature of the show.
Speaker 9: But yeah, not for me.
Speaker 5: How about now, Brandon, most people would not necessarily think a dude in a burlesque show. So what do you do in the show?
Speaker 23: So the show is because it's a parody burlesque show, it has a comedy asset to it, right, So on top of the comedy asset, there's a lot of i'm gonna say, audience participation moments. Okay, and it's me and another dude, okay, So we have a little skit where it's I don't want to give anything away, but it's an audience participation moment and it it's your blood flowing. It makes things a little spicy, it guess. But just as the ladies we have a little bit less moment. We have, you know, a little bit of clothes taken off. But it's the difference I would say with you know, a ship called what you're talking about or is it's more sensual instead of like overtly you know what I mean? It's it's more like a classy way to like. It's it's like a tease. It's not like a poem in your face tea.
Speaker 5: And I have to say Didavon Tea is really I think we'll just call her the godmother of modern burlesque because she brought the art form back, yes, and has had such stunning success and she every And I have a few friends who are in burlesque troops in other places and they're like, ah dita, you know so, but it's taken off.
Speaker 22: It has there's a huge burlesque movement here in Denver. If you don't know about that right now, there are a lot of troops that are performing burlesque. Of course, the Clockwork Cabaret, it does an amazing job there. Ophelia's den had used to host the National Burlesque Competition. Denver is really really kind of a before this type of performance art right now.
Speaker 5: Do you think it's because it allows you to sort of push the envelope without pushing it too far exactly?
Speaker 22: I mean, it's it's something that you can enjoy. You can see the costumes, the spectacle.
Speaker 5: The spectacle is a line at the production. The little snippets that are online and I was shocked at the production value. Yes, I mean they're very impressive.
Speaker 4: They are.
Speaker 9: That's why I'm saying this is a Vegas style show.
Speaker 22: I mean we have I referenced to the splash zone a little earlier, the very large champagne cup with a dancer in it.
Speaker 5: You don't know, you have to understand, when I was a kid, I always wanted to like the Honeymoon in the Poconos, sure, because I wanted to be in the champagne glass hot tubs. And there's just like some nostalgia there with the champagne glass that I have to admit to because that just always looks so cool.
Speaker 9: Yeah, the production values here are amazing.
Speaker 22: The costumes, the staging, the direction, the choreography, all of that brings so much higher level to all of this. Both of these these dancers are incredible. The heights that Brandon gets to it is just amazing on this stage. So I highly encourage anyone who is a little bit hesitant because they're not sure about this type of situation. This is absolute a very very very highly wonderful show. It's not you don't throw dollars on the stage, you don't touch any.
Speaker 5: On the stage.
Speaker 2: What roles.
Speaker 5: Do you play in the show?
Speaker 18: I play several. I'm leatherface, I played Jason.
Speaker 5: Of course you were born to play I think so, I think you.
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 5: And do you have the Jason music? Please tell me have the Jason music?
Speaker 20: I know?
Speaker 5: Is it copyrighted?
Speaker 22: It's actually our music for the show is a highly curated special set of music that as the parody.
Speaker 9: It's so incredible, Okay, so incredible.
Speaker 18: I also am Jake saw.
Speaker 9: What else do I pay.
Speaker 5: This show?
Speaker 9: Are you still in the I'm a nun?
Speaker 13: Yes, pinhead?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 7: What else?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 9: I think that's all of them.
Speaker 5: How did you They just looked at you and like, she can play everyone evil in this show? A fine job? What can I say?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Now, when you guys started working on this show, and I'll ask all three of you this, like, at any point did you say, well, this is kind of crazy, right, I mean, we're making a Halloween show that's burlesque that's also funny, but it almost feels like a throwback to Vaudeville in a way, that kind of way you're describing it a little bit where it encompasses everything.
Speaker 22: Yeah, I love burlesque personally, and I do a lot of theater around town. And so the thing that happened though, is that I worked with Empire Strips back when it was here last year. We're going to talk about that and much is our Star Wars burlesque show. I loved it because I'm such a major Star Wars fan and it was such a good show. So when they called me to ask me to work this show, I said, this is the perfect follow up. This is just blow my mind. I can't believe somebody thought of this. It's really good.
Speaker 5: Now there's taking the show to other cities. Will you guys be going Are they going to recast in other cities? Or do you know how that word they're They're giving me the look like we do not know the answer. It's a way up there.
Speaker 22: There is another cast in San Francisco. San Francisco is the next city this show is going to.
Speaker 9: In fact, it is in rehearsals right now.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, So I mean when you went back Brandon and you said to your friend, Oh, I just got this cool job and I'm working in this burlesque show about all of the serial like murderers in the horror movies.
Speaker 23: And what does your friends say, Well, I mean, I'm originally from New York City, right, so this is kind of normal.
Speaker 17: It's not really out of the ordinary.
Speaker 23: You know, I've been a professional dancer for like ten fifteen years, so I've been You look.
Speaker 5: Like you're like fifteen years old.
Speaker 9: By the way, thank you.
Speaker 17: I just turned thirty one.
Speaker 5: Oh, congratulations to you. Whatever skincare regime you're doing that, keep up that good work.
Speaker 17: Thank you so much.
Speaker 23: Yeah, I mean it's when I explain everything, like, because if you explain it separately, you're gonna look at me like, what right do you so? Halloween parody but also burlesque at the same time, like it it doesn't seem like it makes sense. And even when I like got hired for it, I was kind of thinking like that too, you know, I'm like, how is this gonna how does it work?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 9: How does it work?
Speaker 17: How is it gonna look? How's it gonna?
Speaker 11: Like?
Speaker 17: How are they gonna put everything together?
Speaker 23: But then, honestly, like once we finally started getting into everything and like the show, after the first week of the shows, we were like, oh, okay, but.
Speaker 5: Don't you love it when you see a plan come together? Like I've always loved the creative process and working with other people, especially when you kind of don't know how it's gonna turn out, and then all of a sudden you're part of it and you start to see it all gel and it's it's a very powerful experience to create an artistic endeavor from scratch.
Speaker 8: It just is.
Speaker 22: It's the best life, It really is. I've seen the show fifty four times now, and.
Speaker 2: Well we are.
Speaker 22: And I love it every single time. It's amazing. And you should see the ladies go nuts for ghost Face and Mike Myers when Brandon and his compatriot even come out.
Speaker 5: It is crazy. Well, it's anything like women do at a mail strip review. I got to tell you, I am embarrassed for my gender when I see that kind of behavior. Is just shocking to me.
Speaker 22: Mostly most of the time people behave themselves, but I get to handle the.
Speaker 9: Ones who don't.
Speaker 5: So let me ask you, guys, because Kelly's talked extensively about this is an athletic group of performers. What is your athletic routine?
Speaker 12: What do you mean by that?
Speaker 5: You do just dance toward Don't get me wrong, they just dance. If you're dancing eight hours a day. That is a tremendous amount of exercise. But do you have other things that you do to keep in shape?
Speaker 18: Oh yeah, I mean I'm a personal trainer, so I strength train all the things.
Speaker 9: I also teach dance.
Speaker 17: You can speak on like gymnastics. Yeah, I go to the gym every day. I look small, but licks of deceiving you know.
Speaker 8: You mean?
Speaker 23: And uh, I'm a former gymnast that was a competitive gymnast all the way up until I was sixteen seventeen. So and also the other male dancer is a former like huge competitive cheerleader.
Speaker 5: Weill still. Yeah, we tumble a.
Speaker 23: Lot in the show too, and we break dance and we do all those type of things. So it's just a lot of athletic dancing. Like and with this is you think bur lesque, You think subtle movement, you soft?
Speaker 5: These these girls are full out.
Speaker 23: Yeah, Like they're dancing super full out with a giant heavy mask on and not no.
Speaker 24: Vision is always fun. It has a question for you guys. Yes, guys that are going burlesquesh. I can't wait to go to bless. Even Dave Fraser was mocking iLiad's gonna helpen time. No, no, no, now I'm the ten percent of guys that are here for the amazing kickstart to my Halloween horror genre season. So can you guys pitch to me how satisfying this will be in terms of the entire horror genre And like you mentioned, all the different characters you play will how satisfied will that be for me in that realm?
Speaker 22: Well, you will never see Freddie or Jason or Mike Myers or ghost Face in the same way. Again, everyone else you ever see dressed as those characters will seem like complete posers. So not he's my eighties language there, But yeah, Freddy is in the huge champagne cup. Oh my god, that's incredible. Leather Face, which she referenced, is pretty amazing. We have the slash streaked boys, do you perform? Which is a highlight for me personally my favorite are going to have to double back?
Speaker 6: Actually because I ask twice, not triple back? Splash Zone.
Speaker 16: These people, these people that are getting tickets, you're surely be siting on VIP.
Speaker 3: What what are we?
Speaker 6: What are we talking about?
Speaker 3: Here?
Speaker 6: Was splash Zone.
Speaker 9: It's not a huge splash like you get at water World.
Speaker 22: Our dancer, we have two dancers that do that particular scene, they will slop a little bit.
Speaker 9: Out of the cup. If you are in the front row of.
Speaker 25: VIP champagne glass yass okay, So if you're in the front row of the VIP uh, we usually tell our customers to pull their drinks back a little bit.
Speaker 2: We cover.
Speaker 5: I'm going to top on that the rest of.
Speaker 22: The theater that you're not going to get it. You're just going to see those vi P people get a little sprinkle.
Speaker 5: I just had someone on the text line ask what ages are appropriate hair?
Speaker 22: It is an eighteen and overshow okay? We do We do ask that only eighteen in upcome. We do have a bar, so the bar will card you, but eighteen and over up to gosh, I don't know. I had a lady who was like celebrating her eighty six birthday. Ye a lot of be like her when I grow up to eighty six, wheeled in the wheelchair and she had the best time of that is.
Speaker 5: Well, you know what, in eighty six, you just don't care anymore, do you. You're just like I got zero blanks to give.
Speaker 6: I'm just gonna go.
Speaker 5: Person right there. So let's real quick before we run out of time. Let's talk about Empire Strips Bashu, which is coming next year. Next gonna be next year's performance that I looked at a bunch of videos on that. That is crazy. The accuracy of Java the hut alone is incredible. So tell me a little bit about that one.
Speaker 22: Java is an amazing, amazing set piece that is worked by several of our crew.
Speaker 9: He sings to Biggie.
Speaker 22: Well, Princess Leah dances in the gold bikini.
Speaker 5: Okay, so this is like every NERD's on the stage. It's like, I'm totally seeing that next year.
Speaker 8: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 22: And for the ladies, Hans Solo and Shubaka do some really amazing means.
Speaker 5: I love that, you know, taking something like horror movies or taking something like Star Wars and turning it into something that's a little ridiculous and over the top, but it sort of acknowledges like, Okay, nerds, we have this for you now in a weird way. So are you guys going to try and participate in that one as well?
Speaker 21: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I mean, have you you're been a professional dancer for fifteen years, what other roles? What other shows have you done that you would put on par in terms of how much you've enjoyed it. That's a good question. Yeah, yeah, really, Jane, you can go well, he's thinking to say, I mean, I can answer for my so please.
Speaker 18: In terms of enjoyment, this has been my favorite I think show I've ever done. Just the cast, the crew, the house, everyone there. We get along so well. It's been such a good experience.
Speaker 5: I think it's kind of got to be hard to be upset or angry or or anything other than kind of joyful doing this kind of stuff, you know.
Speaker 8: What I mean.
Speaker 22: Yeahh that's absolutely the case. And so all our patrons are so happy. They enjoy it so much, and there's just nothing better in this world than given joy to people.
Speaker 5: I have put a link on the blog of where you can go buy your tickets. It is running until Wen Kelly November.
Speaker 9: Okay, Halloween week. Definitely.
Speaker 5: There you go, Q men slapping bubbly liquid all over me. Take my money now.
Speaker 24: So that's the sister.
Speaker 5: So you got that going for you?
Speaker 4: There you go?
Speaker 2: Anyway.
Speaker 5: Okay, you guys have apparently agreed to play out of the day. Do you know what you're getting into?
Speaker 8: Not?
Speaker 5: Okay, they do everyone time, So if you lose today. Don't worry about it. You may not lose, but most people lose on the first time. It goes like this, we do we do five what is it?
Speaker 3: Five?
Speaker 5: We do dad Joke of the Day. You don't have to do anything but laugh or grown. Then we do a word of the Day where you have to guess, usually badly, what the definition of a hard word is. And then we do Trivia Question of the Day, Trivia question, and then we do Jeopardy Category of the Day. Okay, it starts like this, though, and now it's time for the most exciting segment on the radio, gain in the world.
Speaker 9: Kelly knows.
Speaker 5: Okay, what is our dad joke of the day?
Speaker 16: Please, Anthony, respect people who wear glasses. They paid money to see you.
Speaker 2: Ah, thank you, thank you. Word of the day.
Speaker 5: Please. We're going to pretend like that never happens.
Speaker 6: No, we can.
Speaker 5: It's a noun pickin pigeon, not the bird p I D G I N pigeon.
Speaker 2: Does that?
Speaker 8: Does that?
Speaker 5: How you mean pigeonholes? Somebody? No, pigeon is a language like pigeon is a mix of multiple languages in Hawaii? Is that it putting something.
Speaker 16: Like slang in Hawaii a simplified language system used between speakers of different languages.
Speaker 8: There you go.
Speaker 5: I'm just saying, speaking of Hawaii. Today's trivia question, what is the official state fish of Hawaii?
Speaker 6: Oh, the long one. That's the crazy long one, that long like thirty letter name.
Speaker 5: I don't know about that. I thought it was like the ono or something.
Speaker 6: I think it's Oh, no, you are correct, right, yeah, yep, let's hear it.
Speaker 5: It is the Huma Huma new ku kula power. Yeah, it's of course the scientific name. Why can't have also called the reef trigger fish? So there you go, a trigger fans, Yes, yes, exactly. Okay, this is not works, you guys. If you know the answer, shout out your name and then you have to answer in the form of a question like they do on Jeopardy. Have you ever seen Jeopardy? Janey's looking skeptical.
Speaker 9: Pat, I'm sorry, okay, no problem in my face.
Speaker 5: I wanted to I knew what was going on. Okay, I am going to wait until the end of the question.
Speaker 13: Yep.
Speaker 5: I normally don't, but I am because you're new and I want to be kind.
Speaker 16: So here we go.
Speaker 5: What is our jeopardy category?
Speaker 16: I would never ever cater a category to guess, absolutely never. The category is at the end of the scary movie? Oh oh, now, could you just name the movie? This is Ripley Last Survivor, Kelly Mandy, Kelly.
Speaker 9: I said it too soon, Kelly, though alien correct?
Speaker 4: What is?
Speaker 5: But I'm going to tell you anyway? Yeh can use me.
Speaker 16: I do wish we could chat longer, but I'm having an old friend for dinner.
Speaker 8: Mayby.
Speaker 5: What is Silence of the Lands?
Speaker 4: Is?
Speaker 5: Correct? Yeah?
Speaker 11: One?
Speaker 13: Two?
Speaker 6: Freddy's coming for you? Brandon?
Speaker 17: What is the nightmare?
Speaker 5: I'm sure.
Speaker 6: I used to hate the water. I can't imagine why I used.
Speaker 5: To hate the water. I can't imagine why. I have no idea.
Speaker 3: I'm not a.
Speaker 5: Scary movie person, is Josh?
Speaker 11: I don't know.
Speaker 6: I don't know why I was thinking.
Speaker 5: Shark. So there you go.
Speaker 6: This one's tough. Excuse me.
Speaker 16: I don't mean to bother you. But are you Paul Sheldon? I just want to tell you I'm your number one fan.
Speaker 5: That is the movie with what's the score?
Speaker 6: Right now?
Speaker 5: We're tied one?
Speaker 8: Is that?
Speaker 7: Dang it?
Speaker 6: What is misery.
Speaker 5: To a tie breaker?
Speaker 16: Let's say breaker. Let's go with blah blah blah blah. These are You're all terrible. Oh my gosh, these are awful. Okay, let's go with alliteration. Okay, it's when a term paper is supposed to be submitted or a baby is expected to be born.
Speaker 5: Mandy, what is it duty? That is correct? And that Okay, that is really really good effort, you guys, good effort. Okay, thank you so much. Everybody, go see Nightmare on Strip Street. I've put the information about how to buy have tickets on the blog at mandy'sblog dot com. We will be back for a half hour tomorrow show. We're preempted by baseball at twelve thirty, so tune in early if you want to hear anything. We'll be back then