Speaker 1: You're listening to Bill Handle on demand from kf I am six forty.
Speaker 2: So Monica Lewinsky best known for being Monica Lewinsky. Yeah, she is a modern day anti bullying advocate, and good for her.
Speaker 3: She was on a poor under the desk. She was looking for contact lenses. That's what was happening.
Speaker 1: For a cigar. And now handle on the news. Ladies and gentlemen, here's Bill Handle morning. Everybody.
Speaker 3: All right, just unmuted it got it. Handle here fighting a cold still. So I'm gonna sound a little bit ragged, raggedy in a little bit, naisly. I just want to say a quickload everybody. Will We're gonna start with you, okay. I'm starting to remember, even though I don't see.
Speaker 1: You, that you are there. By the way, is that short for William? It is? Yeah, I'm another William. Oh wow? And do you sign your name William or is it will Well? If it's something legal, yeah, William just will just will okay? Fair enough? Uh? Neil, hello, please call me Neil? Okay? Yes, yea helium bomb you're brought.
Speaker 3: You're broadcasting tomorrow at the what the Academy Awards Museum.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, the Academy Museum there on Wilshire. It's gonna be a good time. Fannies is the name of the restaurant there, and I've got a prop historian coming in. We're going to try some cocktails that are tied into the the nominees and there'll.
Speaker 1: Be a blast.
Speaker 3: Sounds like if I show up and take a visit, will I get free food?
Speaker 1: You know what you never find out? Can you find out? Please?
Speaker 2: I am like a drug addict, you know, like the Comedians of the seventies where everyone would buy them coke. Never I go somewhere people buy me food.
Speaker 1: So that's true. That's true.
Speaker 2: And you should have seen the spread over at Wrongo last Saturday.
Speaker 1: I was seen this spread. It was I have it was more than that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's it is really it could very well be in the top three all you can eat buffet. They havecular food, Yeah they do, they do.
Speaker 1: They love you and.
Speaker 3: It's not your normal buffet. I absolutely loved it. Okay, so much for the plug there and let's.
Speaker 1: Let's move on.
Speaker 3: Hey, comono, good morning, good morning, good morning, Amy, good morning.
Speaker 1: Is that a Disneyland some kind of sweater t shirt? Something?
Speaker 3: Okay, sort of pinkish, very femaleish, it says Disneylan on it, and then right, I can't can I even say it right across the cleavage area?
Speaker 4: You cannot say that? Oh okay, I got a castle on it.
Speaker 3: Okay, reading from left to right. Matter of fact, it is left to right. Never mind, I'm going to leave that one alone.
Speaker 1: And and good morning Anne.
Speaker 4: Good morning Bill.
Speaker 3: Okay, by the way, was that a lawsuit right there? Sexual harassment?
Speaker 1: Are we done? Okay? Now I want to share somebody with you.
Speaker 3: As you know, I moved to Orange County and I need a doctor, and so I don't know of any doctors. And I'm a kaiser, of course I don't know of any doctors. So I call up yesterday and there is a list of doctors and I have to find one. And so I'm going with the lady who assigns doctors and we start talking about which doctor you know, their specialty, I mean, they're all interness, but what their interests are? And she asks, do you want a male or female doctor? And I said, do you have anything in between? Crickets? Crickets? Not a word from her, So I'm assuming that.
Speaker 1: Might have been the one that's in between she could have been.
Speaker 3: So I'm assuming now the Trump invasion of well, certainly the military trans.
Speaker 1: Are out gone.
Speaker 2: So anyway, well, wait a second, if you have something in between, let's see, would that make you a boy? Or if you don't have something in between? Yeah, it depends, It depends, it's which way you go.
Speaker 3: Do you know that you know hermaphrodites are born and I don't know what percentage of hermaphrodites, but what normally happens, and those are people that are born with both female and male genitalia. The doctor's pick at birth, of course, convincing the parents, and it virtually always goes to female.
Speaker 1: Uh, and for very practical reasons. It's just easier.
Speaker 3: It's easier to create a female than it is to create a male.
Speaker 2: It just seems like simplicity shouldn't be the thing you go on there, You.
Speaker 3: Would think so, but then how do you figure how someone is wired at that age?
Speaker 1: You know, it wasn't there like a myth about Jamie Lee Curtis, because yeah, there was a myth. There was a myth, But you know where I think it stems from.
Speaker 2: I think there was a birth announcement that refers to her as a boy.
Speaker 1: In the newspapers. Yeah, it was just something weird.
Speaker 3: That's I mean, the doctors, you know, the doctor's guests, and you don't know until he hit is five six years old, and does the child start playing a guy, start playing with frilly girl dolls. I mean I played with Barbie, but I blew up the Barbies with firecrackers, so that was different. Just watching pieces fly out, that's a whole different issue.
Speaker 1: Okay, how did your parents decide? Did they? Was it like an any meaning miney moe, he's not even listening. No, it is the appendage. Oh with the lack of a big on screen. Yeah, you can tell.
Speaker 3: I mean sometimes you can't tell, depending on where the baby is located in terms of up.
Speaker 1: Down, because they do the ultrasound from.
Speaker 3: The top and if the baby's butt is facing the ultrasound, the little probe you can't even tell.
Speaker 1: But sometimes you can't. Yeah, mind, you could see the whole every everything. Oh yeah, yeah, my girls, you could tell.
Speaker 3: I mean they said, yeah, you've got female females as newborns.
Speaker 1: So I worked out, all right, that was your umbilical cord by the way, kono geeze.
Speaker 3: All right, guys, enough of that, we're talking about birth. Okay, is you ready to do it? It's time handle on the news on this Friday morning, February twenty eighth, Amy Neil and me lead Storry in kind.
Speaker 1: Of a surprising move.
Speaker 3: As you know, the mayor of Los Angeles as fired the LA Fire Chief and now the fire chief or any head a department can appeal a firing, and the city council can override that firing. But you need two thirds and it's not going to happen. It requires the approval of ten of the fifteen city council and.
Speaker 1: Not a chance. Now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you know what, it makes sense even though what Karen Bass is completely despicable and that's going to be brought up at the next election. In reality, the fire chief has to work closely with the mayor and that relationship is so poisoned that it and I think people.
Speaker 1: Realize that even if I were on the city council.
Speaker 3: As much as I dislike Karen Bass, especially for doing this, she was this was disastrous, This was.
Speaker 2: Do you need to stand up as part of the you know, city council.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but at the same time realizing, you know, you can't have you can't be at odds. You can't have a toxic relationship with your department head. So I would vote to keep her, I know I would. Yes, I would vote in favor of Karen Bass on that one. Unfortunately forced to do so. And I hope Karen bas gets nailed the next election. Man, I tell you, I really miss.
Speaker 1: Place so stupid. Yeah, yeah, Paul Caruso, not Paul.
Speaker 3: You get me doing Rick CRUs So why do I keep on saying Paul? So I got to know, but you do that? Now you've got me doing it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I call I called bezos bezos the other day because I've been hanging out with you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well I call him Bozo's h and that doesn't work out. Uh And and he's got enough clout just to tell me can't do that. All right, now, let's take a no, we can do one more if we take a break.
Speaker 1: Any Okay more, we haven't done any Yeah we did?
Speaker 4: Did We talked about Chief Crowley?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I thought that was just deleted? All right?
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 5: Trump's backtrapping tracking just a little bit sort of. Uh So he's meeting with the UK's Prime minister yesterday. They're sitting there taking reporter questions, and one of the reporters asked him if he still believed that Ukraine's president Zelensky is a dictator, and Trump said, did I say that?
Speaker 4: I can't believe I said that?
Speaker 3: Next question, Yeah, I mean he deflected and he just will not apologize.
Speaker 1: He shoots from the hip. Does he really think so? Yeah?
Speaker 3: I think he shoots from the hip. Although look at the negotiations, look at what he is able to achieve at this point. Uh, he wants Uh, he wants Ukraine's rare earth minerals right, the United States getting them today, and he is getting them. And what Zelenski wants is security from the United States in terms of Russia. He has not gotten them yet. We'll see what happens. But it's exactly what Trump wanted. And Zelensky is coming with his Ukrainian hat in hand.
Speaker 1: To the White House today. What else could he do?
Speaker 3: He has no choice. He has to beg. He has to beg. He has to be a supplicant. There's no question about it.
Speaker 2: Okay, Federal judge in San Francisco, what are the odds? Found that the mass firings of probationary employees were likely unlawful. He granted some or I don't know the William Yeah, he granted some temporary relief to the coalition of labor unions and organizations that have sued to stop the Trump administration's massive trimming of the federal workforce.
Speaker 3: So, and this is not because there's a moral issue, it's simply does the president have the ability to engage in mass firings of probationary employees?
Speaker 1: And we'll find out. Believe it's the Office of Coursonnel Management. Yeah, it is.
Speaker 3: So we're going to find out whether he has the ability, whether he has the authority, how strong presidency.
Speaker 4: Just odd enough to do some more digging.
Speaker 5: Of course, yesterday we got the news that actor Gene Hafman and his wife Betsy Arakawa had been found dead in their home in New Mexico, And as the day went along, we got more information about it. That they were found in separate rooms. He was in a mud room, she was in the bathroom. There were some pills scattered on the counter, there was a dog dead in a kennel, and then more information came out. Apparently they were starting to mummify. Could have been there for a couple.
Speaker 3: Of weeks, weren't they starting to decompose? Also, certain signs of decomposition. And two dogs survived, one dog did not.
Speaker 1: And it's just weird.
Speaker 3: And so, by the way, initial the autopsy report, preliminary says there's no.
Speaker 1: Foul play here. So we're going to get to find out.
Speaker 3: Coming up at seven o'clock, Jim Ryan, ABC News correspondent out of Dallas is covering this story, and we're going.
Speaker 1: To dive into it a little bit deeper.
Speaker 2: You know, I saw pictures of the daughters. I guess they're close. They were together in Burbank at the Dennys and the press whoever. I can't remember who took the pictures, but it may have been TMZ. They're like surprisingly joy filled or so because they were smiling, I don't know, they were having well.
Speaker 1: They're they're they're going to inherit. Yeah, but it just was kind of a gross the way it was written.
Speaker 3: Do you know every time I get sick down the street from the studio, every time I get sick, my daughter started dancing.
Speaker 1: Oh I do too. Okay, excellent, I'm going to be in there.
Speaker 2: I told you I want something, even if no I no, I get it, I want something, Okay.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: Trump administration has its government shrinking sites again set on the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration. Around one thousand employees eight hundred to one thousand employees have been tapped for termination and these layoffs may take place today.
Speaker 3: And uh, Noah is one place where maybe you don't want to throw everybody out or a good portion of the people out.
Speaker 1: That's seven twenty.
Speaker 3: I'm going to dive deep into that story and tell you what Noah does. And I don't think anybody in the right mind would fire those people. And well Musk would doge Wood.
Speaker 1: As a matter of fact, and round talking about cow farts.
Speaker 3: Noah to some extent. But there's more to it. At seven thirty, I'm going to give you. I'm going to share with you a story of how exactly Musk came in and had this kind of power. This just not this did not happen in a vacuum.
Speaker 4: This is a callback to an old Tom Jones song. It's not unusual.
Speaker 2: It's not unusual, well to have measles in the Yeah.
Speaker 4: Robert Robert F.
Speaker 5: Kennedy Junior said that the measles outbreaks that we've experienced in the US, including the big one in Texas, West Texas, is not unusual.
Speaker 4: Doctor said, yeah, that's wrong. Doctor Philip Huang, the director of.
Speaker 5: Dallas County Healthy Services, says, fortunately, it is not usual, and that's because of the effectiveness of the vaccines.
Speaker 3: This is the first death in ten years of musles in our country. It was eradicated in the US by the year two thousand and it is coming back. And the vast majority, if not all, of the people that in fact did get musles, were not vaccinated.
Speaker 1: Jim Kinney was talking about that that you go.
Speaker 3: Into a room where one person has measles, those unvaccinated people ninety five percent.
Speaker 1: Will get musles the most.
Speaker 3: It is the most contagious disease that's out there. Yeah, the most contagious disease.
Speaker 2: This proves that science is not stronger than stupidity.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, Unfortunately that's true.
Speaker 2: All right, all right, As if there's not enough to worry about for some people to Fresno. Men are and a used men in quotes are accused of carrying out a social media stunt where they posed as US Immigration and Custom Enforcement agents and then they shut themselves harassing local businesses. And this was just after ice raids in the Central Valley. So you've got undocumented people on edge. Remember they are people, and so they had wigs, black, tactical vests and how the best say police, Yeah, you know, they taped over the first letters there, so just said ice.
Speaker 1: Yeah. But it's terri it's terrible people, you know. Yeah, it just to hurt people, Yeah, it does.
Speaker 2: It doesn't do anything, and it hurts people unnecessarily that are already stressed out right now and just stupid.
Speaker 5: So far, it looks like this is a big old nothing burger. But Attorney gen Pam Bondi has released government documents about Jeffrey Ebstein. The first wave of files have already been circulating in the public domain for years and didn't include any real bombshells about the sex trafficking case that, of course has peaked everybody's curiosity. They got flight logs from his private plane and a heavily redacted photocopy of an address book.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, big deal.
Speaker 3: It's all out there anyways, and she made a very big deal of transparency, and she's going to release those documents. It's part and parcel of the Trump administration's philosophy of complete transparency except for Elon Musk, and so she releases this and okay, no news, no new news.
Speaker 4: But they're out there. And they said they were going to put them out there, so yes.
Speaker 3: And they did, but it's yeah, but they're already there, so I mean, big deal.
Speaker 1: We're going to put them back out there.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, all right, whoops, here's the dead body.
Speaker 1: Someone dying. Sorry.
Speaker 2: Meta apologized on Wednesday night that it says an error that led to graphic and violent videos flooding the feeds a vast number of Instagram users.
Speaker 1: I thought something was going on.
Speaker 2: I'm like, why all these you know, they have these little sensitivity blurs or whatever they put on them. I remember seeing some of those, and even some said the sensitive contact content warnings on them, others didn't. And it was pushed out to all kinds of people, even even young folks. And these are people being shot, mangled by machinery, ejected from theme park rides. These were from you know, pages called black people being hurt, shocking tragedies, and people dying hub classie.
Speaker 1: That's entertainment.
Speaker 3: With the capital E, Florida is not people getting run over nothing.
Speaker 1: Okay, cricket's there, all right. What'd you say with the capital? What e capital? E E entertainment? Oh okay, people being run over? Thought we missed a joke. Yeah, yeah, I was. Okay, let's keep on going.
Speaker 5: Florida is not putting out the welcome matt for these two influencers. Andrew and Tristan Tate, have been released from Romania, where they've been held for a couple of years. They've landed in Florida. They were restricted from leaving Romania. They're accused of human trafficking and forming an organized criminal group with a goal of sexually exploiting women in two cases. Andrew Tates says they are largely misunderstood, and Florida Governor Ronda Santis says, hey, you know what, you guys are not welcome here.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: Can the Santis do anything? No, I mean he's not allowed to deport people or not let him in the state. And the other thing the political spin on this is these guys were real hardcore Trump supporters and all of a sudden they're on an airplane. As a point, and they were being they were forced to stay in Romania because this trial was pending, and the President was asked about that during his press conference and he said, I don't know anything about it. And I believe that because this is this is not the level at which a president is information is brought forward, at least I don't think so. And but the point is the philosophy, uh is supporters are good. They're good people, so and there may.
Speaker 1: Be no connection. By the way, I have absolutely no idea, but it just stinks. The optics are terrible. Here one more, and then we'll take a break.
Speaker 2: Panel of scientific experts that advise the FDA on vaccine policy and have actually been a target of criticism from the Health Secretary, the new one, Robert F.
Speaker 1: Kennedy Junior.
Speaker 2: They just learned on Wednesday that they're upcoming meeting that was scheduled to discuss next year's flu vaccines because they have to get ahead of it, that it's been canceled. So one of the committee members, doctor Paul Ofitt of the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, also an outspoken critic of mister Kennedy, he confirmed cancelation and warned that it could interfere with or delay production of flu vaccines for next year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is the group of people that advises the government advises the FDA. Then and these scientists with government officials sort of guess at what the new vaccine is going to be. Like they guessed on what They guess what version, what strain of the flu. And sometimes they're pretty well on and sometimes they're off substantially. And Robert F. Kennedy Junior, well under the FDA, with the FDA under his Department of Health and Human Services, said Nope, we're canceling.
Speaker 1: We're canceling this conference over whoa I'm usual for people to get the flu.
Speaker 3: I guess, no, it is, and it's pretty serious this year. Yesterday I got my flu shot.
Speaker 1: And I'm supposed to get your shots when you're sick. They gave it to me.
Speaker 3: They gave me the flu shot and RSV. They gave me that all the stuff that I'm supposed to get. And I asked for distemper parvo.
Speaker 1: They wouldn't give that to me. I mean, I want to be covered.
Speaker 4: You should go to the VET for that one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's true. What about mange mange? I don't know if you can have a vaccine against mange.
Speaker 5: Okay UK's PM does a little tap dancing with a mix of flattery and frank talk. British Prime Minister kir Starmer talked to President Trump yesterday, making the case to Trump to remain cautious. Ays he tries to stop the fighting between Ukraine and Russia, and he is urging him not to abandon Ukraine as he tries to find an endgame.
Speaker 3: Mat Krohne did the same thing a couple of days ago, so we'll see and the and the President really likes flattery.
Speaker 1: I mean that seems to work with him.
Speaker 3: A matter of fact, one of the most effective means of getting him on a good side is looking at him and going, hey, what a fruit package.
Speaker 1: Very impressive. Let's move on now.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to put a little spacer, you know, like the grocery store. Put a little spacer between you and me.
Speaker 1: Okay, I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't want to be thought as you know, appealing to the lowest common denominator.
Speaker 1: That's what this show is about, Neil. Not for me.
Speaker 2: I see it as important news. So this next story is important. Nothing like the size of your venus. Right, very good?
Speaker 1: Oh sorry, been long. February ends with a.
Speaker 2: Treat for skygazers if you're listening to Amy this morning on wake Up Calls, She talked about this as well at parade as seven planets across the night sky, including Mercury, your Anus, and Neptune, alongside the bright planets that were used to like Mars and Venus and Jupiter.
Speaker 1: What does this mean astrologically?
Speaker 3: When seven planets are up in the sky and the moon is in the seventh veil or whatever the hell that is, means nothing other than seven planets up there.
Speaker 1: The astrologer is going to go crazy. They're going to go crazy. Astrology is garbage, Yes, that's correct. All of that numerology is garbage. What's that? Numerology is garbage?
Speaker 2: Yes, numerology equally as garbage as astrology.
Speaker 1: But for automers.
Speaker 2: It is glimpsing, you know, something pretty beautiful and cool and sort of rare. And the problem is that getting to see them all isn't necessarily easy to take place on the horizon just after sunset there in the west yesterday night and tonight you will be able to see it. Mercury and Saturn are particularly close to the sun, so that Sun's glare might knock them out. But I have a chance, need a clear view of the western horizon. Maybe binoculars, but them after the sunsets, now.
Speaker 1: You're not gonna be able to see them.
Speaker 3: You're better off taking a candle and going a few hundred yards away from someone and going planet planet Nott what works too.
Speaker 2: Have you ever seen Saturn with your you know, with a telescope or something.
Speaker 3: It's amazing, Yes, absolutely, yeah, it's just hanging there. It's yeah, it's.
Speaker 2: It's amazing you can do that, you know. It's one of the greatest things about going up in the mountain here. You go up to Big Bear, the skies are gorgeous and you can see everything.
Speaker 3: You see little blinking lights is what you see. Well, that's what you see. You see blinking lights. It's like when you walk into a building and the fluorescent lights are blinking. That's basically it, except the bulbs are bigger.
Speaker 1: However, Mars is orange red.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, okay, but that's close enough as far as Saturn is way off. You know, where you can see Saturn is at the observatory, the Griffith Observatory on a clear night, and that is not particularly a big that's not particularly a big telescope they have there and it still works. Edwin hubblee Edwin Hubble Big Bang theory. He came out of Griffith's Observatory.
Speaker 4: We got a treehouse on the chopping block.
Speaker 5: This is so sad. Okay, So there's this tree house. It's been in the neighborhood in Sherman Oaks for twenty four years. It was built by Simpson's producer, Rick Polisi, who is also if that name sounds familiar because the Simpson and he's also behind Boney Island, which is down at the Natural History Museum that's around at Halloween time.
Speaker 4: And he is just the coolest man.
Speaker 5: But he built this treehouse for his kids and everybody loves it. Celebrities come by and see it.
Speaker 1: Do you see a picture of it. It's terrific.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: But the city says it didn't meet building permit requirements and is charging him criminally.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And you know who actually shut down the permit is Inspector.
Speaker 1: Kiljoy, who works for the city. We're done, guys. Maribeth said that he didn't tell her in time. Yeah, he didn't tell her in time. Well said he's fired.
Speaker 3: Ye all right, KF I am sixty. You've been listening to the Bill Handle Show. Catch My Show Monday through Friday six am to nine am, and any time on demand on the Heart Radio app.