Speaker 1: So let's go.
Speaker 2: Let's do it.
Speaker 1: Hit it, hit it. Good morning. This is Ed McMahon. Yeah, I know. Come ladies and gentlemen, Geez.
Speaker 2: Rod Ryan.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, sir, come on now, wake you, wakey, hands off, snaky rod Ryan Show. Check it in tattooesday, Big day in the rod Ryan Show Cares online store. We're going to start tracking your orders all morning long, and five of you in the six o'clock hour, five of you in the seven, in the eighth, and in the nine o'clock hour, five of you will be randomly selected because of your generosity in the rod Ryan Show Cares online store this morning. Five of you, every hour will get tickets to the rod Ryan Show twentieth Anniversary Party, Chilly. We'll have that as the first link on links and guests. You can order multiple hours to try to get qualified to win tickets in multiple hours. I don't hate that. All the money's going to mb Anderson. We'll talk about it all morning. Law all right, big concert announcement today at ten o'clock. We're gonna see if we can kind of like maybe do something and give you a pair of tickets on know the show for that concert.
Speaker 3: And then announce it right before we get out of here.
Speaker 1: But why is the carpet I'm sorry, traffic copter, Jim? Why is the traffic copteror Jim? He's going for win number two in the fresh out of bed head to head Challenge Metallica tickets, Homeroom, you're getting those on the fun Fact flashback floor, tickets to see Weezer at seven to twenty, twentyth anniversary party, tickets at eight twenty, and so much more, Tessa. One of Houston's.
Speaker 4: Headlines, Hey, good morning, Ride, good morning homeroom.
Speaker 5: So we have new details about the person who tried to attempted to assassinate President Donald Trump, and those details are being revealed. The agency says that Ryan Westley Ruth that he had a list of dates and venues and his vehicle listing where Trump had appeared or was expected to appeer. There was a cell phone in his car that had been used to search for information about how to get from West Palm.
Speaker 4: Beach to Mexico. The detail, well that.
Speaker 5: Grabbed a lot of attention yesterday was a photo of a handwritten letter from Ruth that said his actions were an assassination attempt on Donald Trump.
Speaker 4: But I am sorry, I failed you.
Speaker 5: The letter offered an amount of cash for whoever could complete the job. It was in a box that he left with a friend several months earlier. So that's a big story then here at Houston, I mean speaking of the FBI. FBI Houston says more than thirty phony school threats have been reported since the school year started. In an ex post, the assistant Special Agent in charge that the number of hoax threats is more than any single month last year and more than in the.
Speaker 4: Past three years. It says that you know.
Speaker 5: It goes on to warn that it's a crime to threatn a school with acts of violence, even if the threat is a joke. He says, the FBI other police agencies investigate every school threat that is reported to them, So that's kind of the serious stuff. Meanwhile, we're fighting on the X today and you poll asked thirty eight thousand Americans have you ever disagreed with someone you share a dishwasher with about how it should be loaded or used? Thirty four percent of people say yes, fifty nine percent say no, and seven percent aren't really sure. We actually are arguing about how forks and spoons should be placed in the dishwasher.
Speaker 1: Big deal. It really is a big deal. I never even thought we would ever do a poll question like this. How should forks and spoons be placed in the dishwasher facing up?
Speaker 3: Facing down? Anything goes Tessa.
Speaker 5: I in that little rack where the holes are, how should they be facing oh?
Speaker 4: Down down?
Speaker 1: Of course?
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So you grab them by the handle, not by the floor.
Speaker 6: For the spoon, you grabbed them with your eyes closed.
Speaker 1: You don't touch where you're your mouth is going to be. You grab them by the handle. This is why the spoons and the forks are always forward down.
Speaker 6: I've never ever thought about it.
Speaker 3: You start thinking about it right now.
Speaker 5: What we need to argue about is if you rint your prerints before the dishwasher, because I think.
Speaker 4: You just put them in there. It's a dishwasher. Oh excuse me? Okay, Well, let let's talk about some movies.
Speaker 5: Because Freddie Frintce Junior is going to return his ray in an upcoming sequel to I Know What You Did Last summer.
Speaker 4: Jennifer Love who hewittt is also in talks to return. So this film's gonna hit theaters next summer.
Speaker 5: I mean, it's like a legacy sequel when the movie takes place further in the future with the return of original characters and the introduction introduction of new ones. So that's what it's gonna be U. Yeah, all right, let's talk about music. Weird al Yeagebit has lined up a massive twenty twenty five tour.
Speaker 4: He says it's promising.
Speaker 5: He's promising to feature his biggest hits alongside fan favorites and live rarities. So he's gonna visit sixty five cities. He is coming to the Woodlands August first. All of that on the music blog page. Those are Houston headlinks.
Speaker 3: Okay, no clinching.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Astros lost the Mariners last night six to one, so their magic number to clinch at playoff spot is still two. They're gonna play the Manners again this evening. Framer Valdez will be on the mount for the Strows, going up against Seattle's Logan Gilbert.
Speaker 6: First pitches at sevent ten.
Speaker 7: You can listen to the game on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety. In football, we had a Monday night double header last night. Bill's about the Jaguars forty seven to ten. Buffalo's Josh Allen threw for four touchdowns in the game, and Trevor Lawrence became the first person in NFL history to throw an interception to a guy that was dead because.
Speaker 6: DeMar Hamlin had a pick.
Speaker 7: Yes he did. That was pretty cool. Then the Commanders got by the Bengals thirty eight to thirty three. Rookie Jayden Daniels completed twenty one of twenty three passes for two hundred and forty or fifty four yards and two touchdowns.
Speaker 6: Bingles start the season oh and three. Not great for Joe Burrow.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but his hair looks so great he might have to get rid of the blonde looks outfit before the game.
Speaker 6: Win Pilot's cosplay that fit.
Speaker 7: Though, fit it's most important. You can do it on the field. But yeah, that's what's going on.
Speaker 4: It's your sweet prince.
Speaker 1: You gotta feel stupid walking in putting all that time into your hair and your outfit and you lose losing week outfit.
Speaker 7: Like I feel like when you go in with like a cool fit, you have to have a like a sweatsuit in case you lose.
Speaker 6: You're like, I'm just gonna wear this.
Speaker 1: I would rather take my Josh cam Newton used to wear there's like yellow suits, and then he'd lose and he would have to he'd had to answer questions like, you look like the Riddler?
Speaker 6: What are you doing.
Speaker 3: I'll take my Josh Allen with a hoodie.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he doesn't do all.
Speaker 1: That, just like us.
Speaker 3: All right, that's all right, let's go, guys.
Speaker 1: Here we go. Man, who wants the first phone call? Today? Seven one three, the most interactive show on the radio with Okay ninety four to five, The bus Good Morning Rot Ryan Show, Lincoln Park. In the end, all right, man, we're strapping ourselves in for a very busy tattooesday. Twenty percent chance of rain, partly cloudy, skuys highs up around ninety two today. We'll get to that first phone call in just a moment. But just to review, man, some of the great things, some of the highlights that are gonna be happening today on the show. Big concert announcement at ten. I think we're going to try to like maybe get that to you at nine fifty nine.
Speaker 3: So I'll give away tickets to that.
Speaker 1: Concert on Know the Show today and then I'll tell you what you've won after you've won them, and then.
Speaker 3: We'll let Jeremy take it from there.
Speaker 1: Traffic Copter Gym's going for win number two, fresh out of bed, head to head. A lot of you told me that you were getting in on some Metallica fan club tickets yesterday, and I saw Melissa. She said that she got snake pit passes. I'm here in rumors those are thirty five hundred dollars apiece. So I haven't heard back from her. Did anybody buck up? I mean, who spent the most money or how much did you spend on Metallica tickets yesterday? We have a pair that we're going to give away on the Fun Fact Flashback today and then it's a huge morning for us because we are giving you multiple opportunities to get into the rod Ryan Show twentieth Anniversary party October twelfth, Carbock Brewery. What are we doing special today because we'll give away a pair of tickets at a twenty But I'm already looking at the rod Ryan Show Cares online store.
Speaker 3: Man, you guys are awesome.
Speaker 1: James Jonathan Major, Chris Lippencott, Vanessa Tracy with an I ever, Richie Hunt? What are all these people that I'm talking about? Shannon Alamang always in the store, Gracie Lorraine. These are people that have already gone into the rod Ryan Show Cares online store this morning, not because they're just not awesome people, because everyone is an awesome person that's in there. That means you're donating money. You're either buying some merch, some of our boobs rock merch, or you're making a cash donation. I see like the ones that are twenty dollars. I'm assuming those are cash donations, but a lot of people buying merch right now. You know who bought something, Payola.
Speaker 3: I googled for.
Speaker 1: Her yesterday where the bar so she is rewarding us by going into the store this morning. She got in there at five point fifty four. I'm gonna look at all the five am stuff too, the people that went in there early early this morning, all the orders from now five o'clock until six point fifty nine. I'm gonna grab five people randomly, and I'm gonna give you tickets to the rod Ryan Show twenty ten versary show. Then again in the seven o'clock hour, from seven to seven to fifty nine.
Speaker 6: I'd have to buy again.
Speaker 1: You would have to buy again, or maybe your first purchase maybe you're just waking up with us. People are joining the show every hour. Okay, so yes, you're six o'clock. That transaction is over. Then I'm gonna draw five people that exclusively bought in the seven o'clock hour. Then I'm gonna draw five people that buy in the eight o'clock hour or donate nine o'clock hour. Five people will win tickets that were showing some generosity in the store.
Speaker 3: So it's donations.
Speaker 1: If you just buy a koozie, if you buy a t shirt, everything counts. If I see your name in there that you made a purchase or a donation, you're qualified for those tickets. We're gonna do it every hour today on the show.
Speaker 8: All right, it's that time for the first phone call of the day.
Speaker 1: Well, where are we gonna go? Let's say what Adam has to say? Adam, good morning?
Speaker 2: Hey, what's up?
Speaker 8: Rob?
Speaker 1: How's it going? Good morning? Adam is going great so far? Man? How are you?
Speaker 9: I'm doing pretty good?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 9: About to go to work right now?
Speaker 1: Man? What do you do for a living Adam?
Speaker 9: Do carpet for a living?
Speaker 8: Bird?
Speaker 3: How'd you get into that?
Speaker 9: A friend of mine? You got me into the job. I was just calling to let you know, Man, I've been jamming you for like twenty years.
Speaker 1: Broke Thank you, Adam. Yeah.
Speaker 9: And it's crazy because you know, I got a couple of my family members into your show and everything.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 9: So one day me and my cousin were going to New Orleans. Man, I was like, you know, we both looked at each other, like, what the heck the Roder Ryan show here in New Orleans. The word is like, wow, you know, it's pretty cool man. You know, Jem, you're out there too.
Speaker 3: That is pretty cool, Adam.
Speaker 1: I listen. I greatly appreciate it. This party is not really a celebration of me. It's people like you. When we talk about the universary show, it's it's people that have been listening for a long long time. It's some of that, it's it's new people. But one of the best things that, like the coolest thing that you said to me, Adam, is you listen to the show, and that's great, But you snaked a couple of people in. And when if everyone that listened to this show could snake one more listener in, If you get one more in, okay, then I can happily retire, you know, another friend telling Alice to get a nice big house for that baby of his, Tessica. Give ten more Airbnbs.
Speaker 10: That's right.
Speaker 3: If everybody just went and got one more listener.
Speaker 6: Okay, thank you wouldn't believe Adam.
Speaker 3: Thank you for all the years.
Speaker 9: Bro Oh no, no, thank you guys, man for doing which I do is fighting up the show.
Speaker 1: Thank you man. I appreciate you.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 1: I mean it, I really do mean it. I got to take a break. Let me come back Hoich store. The orders are pouring in the rod Ryan Show Cares online store. I love you, guys, I really do. I love you.
Speaker 3: Guys on the flip gonna rec check for you.
Speaker 1: We'll find out what's trending, and then we'll get set up for the fresh out of bed head to head.
Speaker 8: Us Rock and Altering soon the rod Ryan Morning Show. I'm six to ten am.
Speaker 1: By the buzz. Welcome back rod Ryan Show guys.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 1: I see all the activity in the rod Ryan Show Cares online store. There's a ton of you making purchases and donations this morning. And I know you're all great people, but you also too you want to be one of those five people this hour picked to join us. At the rod Ryan Show twenty anniversary party. Five winners well picked today in this hour and then seven o'clock, I will look at all the purchases in the seven, the purchases and donations in the seven. You're six o'clock purchase, that's it. It's over if you don't win, so you got to do it again. Or first time purchasers in the seven. That goes for the eight and the nine. Okay, five winners per hour today rod Ryan shokeres online store Chilly as it as the first.
Speaker 3: Link on links and yests.
Speaker 1: I see nothing about a twenty percent chance of rain partly cloudy ninety two. I see the score is trending, so that's good. So that knocks one off your list. What I'll see you got?
Speaker 4: It's all football. Football's too, football and baseball. We had Monday night football. Last night.
Speaker 5: We had the Astros trying to clinch. I couldn't get it done. Hopefully they do it today. So yeah, a lot of sports stuff going around. I went to the X looking for Joe Burrow what he was wearing before the game, because he said he looked really good, but then heeded his cargo pants.
Speaker 4: I didn't see and is vest.
Speaker 5: But what I did find out was trending was Christina Aguilera and Sabrina Carpenter were on the same couch singing.
Speaker 1: What a Girl book.
Speaker 3: She did a couple of remixes of her old songs.
Speaker 5: It's a twenty fifth anniversary of like her iconic debut album, and so Spotify is linking like an anniversary's live edition. Anyway, my point of this is not to talk about the song or the music Christina Aguilera has.
Speaker 4: She looks so good. Well, that's what's that work done?
Speaker 5: Where you don't tell it to work like she looks so good.
Speaker 4: I mean, bravo, bravo to her.
Speaker 3: Especially she's looking at girls today.
Speaker 5: Okay, perfect, go to looking at girls. See how good Christina Aguilera looks. And Srita Carpenter trying to hang in there. But man, Christine's just a powerhouse. That's what's trending. On ninety four five the book.
Speaker 1: Now you mentioned the work even though you can't tell she had work. Do you know she had work?
Speaker 4: Absolutely, but you can't tell. No, that's the that's good work.
Speaker 1: Okay, it doesn't look like work, but you still know it's work. I fout Okay, I'm trying to I'm trying to like unpack that for a minute.
Speaker 4: A thousand.
Speaker 5: We don't age like guys, we don't eat, women don't start looking like kittens like.
Speaker 4: We don't like age and our hair. We don't just don't look like a baby cat.
Speaker 8: Right.
Speaker 9: This is two time Hall of Famer Jim finally back in the game after hearing nothing busy signals all year. Join me on Tuesdays, I go for win number two.
Speaker 1: Bitches seven, one, three, two, five, nine four five if you want to beat this guy in the sky right celebrating twenty years on the Buzz, twenty years of the most beautiful man any of us I've ever met. Yeah, yeah, ninety four five four five, the Buzz Offspring.
Speaker 3: Why don't you get a job?
Speaker 1: Rob Ryan Show? Great job. Everybody in the rod Ryan Show cares online store, lots of orders, lots of donations.
Speaker 3: Very generous of you.
Speaker 1: Jilly is gonna pull five of you and give you tickets to the Rod Ryan Show twenty anniversary party.
Speaker 3: So thank you. Where do you shot? Safe secure shopping?
Speaker 1: All the money stays right here goes to m d Anderson for breast cancer research.
Speaker 3: Right there on links and guests. Okay, twenty percent.
Speaker 1: Chance of rain partly cloudy. Hi up ninety two today? Who and now it's time for the fresh out of bed head to head challenge. Listeners to your corners. Hey, Jim brother Rod, There he is Jim and the traffic cops.
Speaker 3: Jimmy going for win number two today?
Speaker 1: Yes, sir, okayd.
Speaker 3: Ho's traffic looking up there?
Speaker 1: It's looking pretty good.
Speaker 9: But you know you got about ten minutes to get out of the house before it turns into.
Speaker 3: A parking lot.
Speaker 1: Very good. Listen to the gym has been working on that. Hey, Sean, good morning, Hey, good morning. Right. How you doing?
Speaker 3: I'm doing well. I feel like we just had you on.
Speaker 1: A couple months ago. Thank you a couple months Okay, a couple months.
Speaker 3: How'd you do?
Speaker 1: I mean you didn't win five, but did you win any.
Speaker 2: Wanting out?
Speaker 1: Why would you do that? Why would you waste my time like that? Apologize? Don't apologize? You got back on. Come in here, kick a little ass. Jim's in the helicopter. Sean's ready to get the sweet taste of victory. What are they playing for?
Speaker 5: I have a pair of takes to see some forty one live for the last time this Sunday.
Speaker 4: At seven one three Music Hall.
Speaker 3: Anybody going to the show Sunday?
Speaker 4: I'm going to the game.
Speaker 1: You going out No Some forty one for you farewell Tour, Alex.
Speaker 6: Unfortunately I will have to.
Speaker 1: Canada's Blink one eighty two.
Speaker 6: I have said that.
Speaker 1: Okay, Sean, watch Sean shout out your name when you think you know the answer.
Speaker 3: Jim, you do the same. I need two.
Speaker 1: Correct answers to go to that farewell show. That apparently nobody from the show's going to. Question number one, name the professional baseball team from Seattle play Sean sewn Sean the Mariner? Yeah, the Mariners is a correct ant.
Speaker 4: So who is in the middle of an emergency room?
Speaker 3: It's Sean. It's like in a kitchen.
Speaker 11: Are you?
Speaker 3: Are you washing dishes?
Speaker 6: Gym's in a helicopter it's quiet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, where are you, Sean?
Speaker 7: My truck and it's quiet.
Speaker 4: Maybe it is in the chopper chopper.
Speaker 3: Gym, You're still there.
Speaker 1: I'm here.
Speaker 3: Okay, got you on that one, dude, Yeah.
Speaker 1: I guess so nice it happens.
Speaker 3: Here we go.
Speaker 1: Question number two, what's celebrity with the last name Gomez? Jim, Sean Sean time that.
Speaker 6: Out uh Selena.
Speaker 1: That timing was ridiculous. The timing was outrageous. The complete question is what's celebrity with the last name Gomez dated the bebes Jim in the in the traffic copter, we got to say goodbye, all right, good game Sean's Sean? Where was that a couple of months ago? I know you didn't play like that? Did you learn your lesson? Yeah? I think I did? All right, Well, welcome back, dude. That was a statement game. It looks like we got some forty one tickets for you on Sunday seven one three Music Hall, and I'm inviting you to play tomorrow.
Speaker 3: You want to you want to do that? You want to come back?
Speaker 1: Definitely? Yes, sir, dude. What a game? Rod Ryan Show?
Speaker 8: All that one an Empire up on Empire on five, Control the.
Speaker 3: Buzz ninety four or five to the buzz.
Speaker 1: So many of you hoping need to be in the Rod Ryan Show twentieth anniversary party. I agree, I mean it's the place to be. It's October twelfth, it's at the Carbock Brewery. That would be insane if they didn't do that song live. But I don't know what they're going to do. I don't know what anyone is going to do. Brenton Zach will be there. Subline Blue October Theory of a Dead Man XCES and now added Rosie Local Sensations. Rosie, one of our favorites, all performed being Unplugged sets at the Brewery on October twelfth. Still gotta win your way in and the best opportunity today on the show is by logging in to the rod Ryan show Cares online store. Make a purchase, make a donation, no matter how big how small.
Speaker 3: We will grab five of you.
Speaker 1: That made a purchase this hour and we'll give we'll give away tickets, and then we'll do that in the seven o'clock hour and the eight in the ninth. Okay, we have a new champion, fresh out of bed Head to Head Challenge.
Speaker 3: Here's your current champion.
Speaker 2: Good morning, everybody, this is Sean.
Speaker 1: You're fresh out of bed head to head one day champion. Listen.
Speaker 5: I know I've been on this.
Speaker 1: Game before and I've started to play so.
Speaker 9: But this is an all new, faster, stronger Sean.
Speaker 1: You heard it. Two questions, two answers.
Speaker 2: Join me on Wednesday when.
Speaker 9: I make it win number two bitches.
Speaker 3: It was impressive.
Speaker 1: It was impressive what he did because the guy in the traffic Cops is pretty good. Okay, and Sean remember he what he said, stunk the place off when he was her last time. That's why if you ever get on this game and you get destroyed, you got to come.
Speaker 3: Back and do it differently. And that's exactly what Sean did.
Speaker 1: So that's everyone that's ever played before that like, ah, maybe that's just not my thing.
Speaker 3: I'll try to win some other things. No, get back on the game, all.
Speaker 1: Right now, homeroom, you know I love you the most. Please don't share that with the other hours. We have Metallica tickets coming up for you Metallica before they go on sale on the Fun Fat Flashback.
Speaker 3: But I brought in some new fun facts for you.
Speaker 1: It's the fuck that to the day. We make you look smart. You brought here, buddy, It's the fuck that to the Day. Alex Rod At some point were you on this radio show saying Hi, I'm Alex, and I think you should go to Banobo's. I was, Now, I did say, that's not that's a monkey, but it's also it's a clothing store.
Speaker 6: Yes, so they no longer endorse me.
Speaker 1: So you were but good. But for a while you were the voice of Bonobo's.
Speaker 6: I was temporarily for a brief period of time. And then they heard me.
Speaker 1: The men they said, we'll try Alex and then they heard the spot.
Speaker 6: And they said, literally any other direction.
Speaker 3: The men's clothing shop.
Speaker 1: Banobo's was the first company that started as e commerce only. They eventually opened up a physical store. The site launched in two thousand and seven. They didn't open up a brick and mortar until twenty twelve. That's amazing to me. It is wow.
Speaker 3: Okay, this is a pretty good one.
Speaker 1: Hi. Hell, every now and then I get one. I'm like, man, I wonder who's gonna like this one?
Speaker 3: The Oval Office.
Speaker 1: If you've watched any movie that features that, you know, the President's like clear the room. He wants to be in there by himself with somebody and that means Secret Service and everybody is out right, okay. The Oval Office has pressure sensors in the floor so that the Secret Service can monitor exactly where the President is everywhere in that room when they are not inside.
Speaker 6: That is fun.
Speaker 3: That's a cool one.
Speaker 6: That's how they caught Monica and Bill.
Speaker 3: Okay pressure sensors.
Speaker 1: Interesting. The reason baseball and basketball teams wear dark jerseys for road games is because the away teams originally didn't have access to washing machines, so they needed the darker jerseys to conceal the dirt. That's neat. It would go on these away games and they wouldn't wash their jerseys from game to Gamel's to the day we make you look smart, buddies, it's the fuck back to the day. I would you like to be scrubbing, babe, Bruce panties, Ruth.
Speaker 6: They probably didn't watch a lot of the home jerseys.
Speaker 1: Oh man, Ruth might have gone a week. Ruth might have gone a week at the same undies on right.
Speaker 3: Gross, poor babe. What you giving away?
Speaker 5: Permantality tickets M seventy two World Tour going on at NRG Stadium June fourteenth, pen Tear and two Sattle tendencies on this field. Tickets not even on sale yet. They do go until Friday at ten am at ticketmaster dot com. So keep listening right here on the buzz to win tickets before you can buy them.
Speaker 1: It's your fun back. Yeah, listen right now, suckers.
Speaker 3: PG thirteen movies are allowed. One of these.
Speaker 1: Are allowed? One of these all right, seven one three two one two five nine four five. Now time for rockout with your stock out with captain cash. All right, there's the money guy.
Speaker 3: Hey dude, hey dude, right money you yes, sir?
Speaker 1: How you doing on Wall Street yesterday?
Speaker 3: And I'm not too bad?
Speaker 1: The Dow is up sixty one points.
Speaker 11: Kick off this morning at forty two one twenty four, NASDAC up twenty six. We're seventeen thousand and nine seventy four bench marketen, your treasurers trading at a three point seven eight percent and oil stansus seventy two dollars a barrel to the most actives, the big studs, Intel, Boeing and Walmart, the big duds Merk, Salesforce, and Walt Disney. On the economic calendar this morning, we'll get numbers on consumer confidence for September. Right now, futures on the downside. Come on, let's turn this baby around. That's it.
Speaker 1: I'm out here.
Speaker 11: This is highly a miniature director with Raymond James reporting for The Rod Ryan Show. From Raymond James on Saint Fleet and a Gustin don't forget to always rock out with your stock out.
Speaker 12: Famian's expressed are those of Aland and not necessarily those are Raymond James and Associates. Income Ever, nat AS, IBC, IART Radio or its sponsors. Information is based on sources believed to be reliable, but it's not guaranteed. There's no insurance transmision. We'll continue. This is not a solicitation, offer or recommendation to buy or sell any security referred to your end.
Speaker 10: This programs are educational and informational purposes.
Speaker 9: On leak.
Speaker 10: The studs and duds are based on movement, as reported by.
Speaker 1: Young Finance ninety four to five The Buzz Good Morning rod Ryan's Show. I was just taking a peek at the backside, no of the right of the rod Ryan Show Cares online store. Man, so many orders coming in in donations and people trying to get at those rod Ryan Show twenty Anniversary party tickets. At seven o five, I will announce the six Am winners, five people that made a donation or a purchase in the rod Ryan Show Cares online store in the six o'clock hour, which is right now, five people will win tickets. Then we'll start it all again, and I'll just look at the sales and donations. In the seven o'clock hour, we'll grab five people. We're gonna do it every hour. So that's twenty people that were generous and kind and nice and made a donation and made a purchase Boobe Rock. All the money stays here goes to Dy Anderson. Twenty people today are gonna win tickets to the anniversary show.
Speaker 8: It's your.
Speaker 1: All right, who we got here because we have a huge ticket right now. What's your name?
Speaker 3: This is David, David, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 1: How are you? I'm doing great? Thank you? How are you great? Now? We are not allowed one of these, so please be careful. But generally PG thirteen movies are allowed one of these. What is the one they are allowed? An F bomb?
Speaker 3: Here's my man? And it can't be used as a verb.
Speaker 1: Okay, it has to be used in anger, not referring to sex. Dude, you're going to Metallica?
Speaker 5: Let go?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what I'm talking about.
Speaker 1: June fourteenth, Yo NRG Stadium. I know there's some pre sale business going on right now, but most of us will be getting in there on Friday at ten am to get tickets, but not this dude right here. Man, you're in congratulations. Thank you so much, brother rod Man, thank you for being a part of Homeroom.
Speaker 6: You're awesome.
Speaker 1: Hey, Alexa, play ninety four point five The Buzz on iHeartRadio.
Speaker 5: Ninety four point five to bus station from iHeartRadio.
Speaker 3: The Ron Rudian Show on ninety four five.
Speaker 1: Buz Buzz Light them up, fall out Boy Rod Ryan's show on this tattooesday. People getting in their last minute orders to be qualified for this hour's five pair of tickets to the Rod Ryan Show twentieth anniversary party going down October.
Speaker 3: Twelve at the Carbok Brewery.
Speaker 1: Doesn't matter how big or small your purchase is. That's koozies, hats, t shirts, All boobs Rock merchandise are kick ass merchandise. That's the stuff that brings awareness to prostate cancer, which is celebrating this month Prostate Cancer Awareness Month. Next month, everything will be pink, you know all that. So we're getting in there early on our boobs Rock program. But yeah, all the.
Speaker 3: Orders and everything.
Speaker 1: I love you guys, Thank you so much Homeroom. You are absolutely the best. But you'll have another chance. We'll just look at orders in the seven. We'll look at orders and donations in the eight, and in the nine and five. People drawn each hour for tickets. So the Big Show, twenty percent chance of rain, party cloudy. I am ninety two. I got Weezer tickets coming up for you next hour on the floor. We'll get you in there at around seven twenty. That's a huge deal.
Speaker 3: We just give away Metallica tickets.
Speaker 6: You couldn't make I have some tickets to give away.
Speaker 1: Then you do.
Speaker 4: Yeah, wah, wah wah.
Speaker 6: You're doing a little go Kook's Coog's ticks.
Speaker 1: Okay, I expect to stake.
Speaker 4: It's not some ticks the cougar coogs drops.
Speaker 6: All right, I'll give you some cooz shop.
Speaker 1: All right, Sessa.
Speaker 5: What to Houston's headlines, A potential cyclone heading towards the Gulf of Mexico is expected to become Tropical Storm Helen in the coming hours. Forecasts call for the storm to strength and to take category three hurricane when it makes landfall Thursday night. They're saying anywhere between the Florida Panhandle and the northern Gulf Coast.
Speaker 4: Florida Governor Ron.
Speaker 5: DeSantis is clearing a state of emergency for dozens of counties, many of which are still recovering from Hurricane Debbie. Simone Biles is developing a new restaurant at Houston's Bush Intercontinental Airport. The restaurant will be called Taste of Gold in recognition of her achievements as the world's most decorated gymnast of all time. Biles is the winner of eleven goal, eleven Olympic medals, and thirty World Championship medals. The Houston Airport System says Taste of Gold is now under construction inside Terminal A, and we'll open your gate Gate A eight early next year. They've taken a beating from Walmart, Target and Amazon, and now Kmart just announced its last full size store in the US is closing next month.
Speaker 1: You have the old Kmart jingle I sent you. It's pretty awesome. I don't remember this.
Speaker 6: I did not remember this.
Speaker 1: You didn't recognize it. Test to take a listen. You had Kmart's and corpus. Oh yeah, yeah, everybody had Kmart's. Right, Okay, let's take a listen. This might be sixties.
Speaker 6: A jingles. Every place should have a jingle.
Speaker 3: I agree.
Speaker 5: I used yeah, I used to like buy some shoes, some work stuff. Like there's definitely some Kmart outfits going on in Corpus when I was a sports anchor, for sure, at least a few.
Speaker 1: So that was where we got our sneakers up north, and the brand name was.
Speaker 3: Tracks, and they were trash.
Speaker 1: You knew that your family had no money when you were wearing Tracks sneakers from Kmart, well, and that's where they were five dollars maybe a pair of sneakers, And that's how you knew that you were not doing well in your home potentially.
Speaker 5: So that last full size store is actually in New York. It's on it's on Long Island in Bridgehampton, really and so that's the one that's closing October twentieth.
Speaker 4: So people people have a month.
Speaker 5: And then there's still a smaller Kmart store in Miami that still stands. And there are stores still Kmart's in US Virgin Islands and Guam where there are no big box store competitions, so like they actually are doing okay there. But there were about twenty three hundred locations in the US when it was a top retailer. There were twenty three hundred Kmart locations in the United States. The name launched in nineteen sixty two, so the ending of an era for Kmart for sure. All right, let's talk about do you know who Jaguar Wright is. She's a singer of some sorts. I'd never heard of her until this whole Diddy spiat.
Speaker 1: You're right now, she's got the big allegations going around right now. So no, I've never heard.
Speaker 3: Of her either.
Speaker 5: It's a big, bold claim, but she's been all over TikTok and the X talking about Diddy, claiming that he sold the tape of one of his freak offs on the dark web for five hundred million dollars. She also claims that Nicki Minaj, Justin Bieber, Drake, Rihanna, and Chris Brown were all at this supposed party, So yeah, she added, it was a really interesting night in Calabasas for the record, she didn't accuse any of these stars of doing anything illegal. We have the uncensored video of her talking about it. And on a related note, some websites have been posting pictures of all the celebrities that attended Ditty's white parties over the years.
Speaker 1: So I've seen those, and like Diddy had like some huge ridiculous bed that he would have outside, and you know it could fit one hundred people, so lord knows what the hell was going on on that thing. But I don't believe that he would have sold a video for even that amount of money. In the dark web, people can't keep their mouth shot. It's just like when a painting goes missing. Somebody tells at least one other person that's not going to keep their mouth shut. So I don't believe that he sold anything. Are there videos of people doing freaky stuff over there?
Speaker 3: Of course there is?
Speaker 1: Did he sell it?
Speaker 3: I don't believe it. I don't believe it, but I don't know her either.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so it'll be up for you to decide. Go to the bog page. You can hear her rant and people in the comments seem to believe her. But it's the Internet, so it's not always right. O. Wait, there is a debate going on on Reddit about Metallica's saddest songs.
Speaker 4: Metallica fans are.
Speaker 5: Debating the band saddest songs over on Read it and if you think about it. James Heptfield has written a lot about personal matters to him, including relationships and other internal struggles so I think someone actually started the conversation with one.
Speaker 4: And then they kind of let people go on to live is to die?
Speaker 1: For God's sake, the guy had his arms and legs blown off and he can't talk.
Speaker 5: Then they keep going to lives to die. But you know what, the one with the most upboats is fade to black, Fade to black. They say it's so sad, how intricate.
Speaker 4: The lyrics are.
Speaker 5: James was only twenty or twenty one years old when he wrote that song. But someone also said, until you realize he's talking about some gig equipment that was stolen, and that was his emotions for for that moment. But the song itself has been said to have helped tons of people going through depression.
Speaker 4: So it is a very you know, it's very popular.
Speaker 5: It's the most popular song maybe maybe this popular sad song.
Speaker 1: Saddest Metallica song.
Speaker 3: One comes to the Mine.
Speaker 5: Fixer is on here. That's a track that's mentioned. Mama said, is on here? To livis to die?
Speaker 1: Is it the unforgiven? With that old man running around? Yeah, that was sad. I don't know, I remember that video.
Speaker 6: Not a big metallic piggy guys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it was on MTV all the time.
Speaker 5: I watched je Death Magnetic. Yeah, go go get in on this conversation.
Speaker 4: Those are Houston headlines, all right.
Speaker 1: Sports. He was so busy with sports he didn't pay attention to metallic all these Metallica songs.
Speaker 6: That is what it was.
Speaker 7: Astros lost the Mariners last night, six to one.
Speaker 6: They'll play the Mariners again tonight.
Speaker 7: Grember Valdez to be on the map for the show is going up against Seattle's Logan Gilbert first pitched at sevent ten. You can listen to it on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety. We had a Monday night football double header last night, and the Bills blew out the Jaguars forty seven to ten. Bubblo's Josh Allen threw for four touchdowns in the game. Maybe the Jaguars were more worried about talking about P Diddy than playing football. That could have been it yesterday. Then the Commanders got by the Bengals thirty eight to thirty three. Rookie Jayden Daniels completed twenty one to twenty three pass for two hundred and fifty four yards and two touchdowns.
Speaker 6: Beingle'll start the season, Oh and three.
Speaker 7: Right now, I have a pair of tickets to Caller ten at seven one, three, two and two, five nine for five if you want to go see the Houston Cougars host eighteenth ranked Iowa State this Saturday at TDECU Stadium.
Speaker 6: That's some drops for you crowd.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know everybody likes that one, but my favorite, of course is hit my low.
Speaker 8: Oh cool.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Caller ten seven and three, two and two, five, nine, five. You're gonna be going to see U of H take on Iowa State this Saturday.
Speaker 6: Call now, that's going on in sports?
Speaker 8: All right.
Speaker 1: We're gonna go grab five people that made purchases too in the rod Ryan Show Cares online store. Hey, we start it all again. You make a purchase, you make a donation in the seven o'clock hour, and five of you will be drawn.
Speaker 3: I'll have your five winners coming up, Rock.
Speaker 1: And Alternative Fair.
Speaker 6: Use to the rod Ryan.
Speaker 8: Morning Show six to ten AM.
Speaker 1: The Buzz ninety four or five Buzz, Good morning, rod Ryan Show, Incubus Instellar, and welcome to the seventh spot.
Speaker 3: You're carry over from home room.
Speaker 1: Thank you if you're just joining the show with you, wakey, hands off those cup cakes.
Speaker 3: We got a lot of work to do today on the show.
Speaker 1: We are busy, busy.
Speaker 3: Busy, busy.
Speaker 1: Okay, I see nothing about a twenty percent chance of rain partly Claudi's guys cooling off a little bit. Is this our cold front? Ninety two? Is this the cold front you've been promising me ninety two?
Speaker 4: I'm not a meteorologist ninety two.
Speaker 1: I'm supposed to celebrate.
Speaker 5: That ver Okay, make some hot cocoa, some tea, perhaps, sweat a weather, sweat, weather, sweater weather ninety two.
Speaker 1: Today it looks like Alex was giving away some cooks tickets. Chili is manning the phones over there, big stretch. There he comes, Hey, Chili, what's up, bro? What's up?
Speaker 8: Not much? Man?
Speaker 3: Give away some cooks tickets?
Speaker 1: Oh yes, I did.
Speaker 11: Man.
Speaker 1: Congratulations to Kevin Butler, Kevin.
Speaker 4: Butler, Ea Butler, I'm on down.
Speaker 1: Kevin Koog's Alex has been giving away those tickets. Well he'll have them all week for you. So we thank you, Chilli. We got winners now too from the store. So Dev just set me an update. Dev's with BMP. There are partners. I mean, they do everything. We don't do anything. They do everything they do everything, they're a partner that does all the work BMP brand management professionals. Guys, if you did any printing or anything, there's nobody better. There is nobody better at what they do over there. And it's the people, it's the products, it's everything that they do. So all the printing and everything. DEV is the one that I work with closely the most. Seven AM total, Like right at seven she said, one hundred and fifty nine orders came in in the rod Ryan Showkeres online store totally over just over four thousand dollars, okays a lot. That's a that's a lot of Yeah, that's good. I mean if you ran an e commerce business and you were moving one hundred and fifty nine units an hour, you that's all, that's all you would need to do, you wouldn't have that would be your main gig you. Yeah, So that is huge. So thank you so much. Why is everybody in the rod Ryan Show Cares online store Because they're good people, and good things happen to good people. That's something that we've always talked about on this show. But there's a little extra motivation too to go make purchases and donations today as we are going to draw five names each hour to that hour, unique to that hour, meaning if you made a purchase in the six o'clock hour, you could be one of the five names I pull here and then I draw. Now, if you just bought something at seven oh eight, it's now seven oh nine and you just made a purchase, you're qualified for.
Speaker 3: The next drawn.
Speaker 1: You have to make a purchase within that hour to be qualified for the five pair of tickets. So five, ten, fifteen, twenty, Yeah, nine o'clock hour, another five, So twenty pair of tickets given away to people that are very generous and very awesome. Our first five winners, and I think it's fun to see what they bought. Tanner Cox a twenty dollars donation, Kate n Rodriguez bought a couple of t's and some koozies. Michelle Ledzema nailed it, nailed it, bought a cap. Maria Ura Biartes, I'm.
Speaker 4: Really glad we take the time to shout everyone out.
Speaker 1: Maria Tura Bayartes bought a couple of T shirts, and Sean Jackson.
Speaker 3: Spent five something. He bought a coozie.
Speaker 1: And now all of them are going to the rod Ryan Show cares or at the rod Ryan.
Speaker 3: Show twentyth anniversary party.
Speaker 1: So you've got people that bought things, you got people that donated, You've got people that bought as little as a koozie, all qualified for those tickets.
Speaker 3: We do it all again in this seven o'clock.
Speaker 1: Hour Chili link up first link on links and guests, easy to find the store, no problems, right, yes, sir, it's up there right now. I mean, you can't miss it. You cannot miss it. It's right there. Chili is now emailing these people and letting them know. Guess what, good news for your being so generous and being such an awesome person making a donation for our big check to m d Anderson this season we want to party with at the twentyth anniversary show. Let's go man. Seven o'clock orders. You're on the clock right now. Any donations, orders, how big, how small, you're qualified for the drawing next hour. Okay, and we'll do it all four hours today on the show. You guys are awesome. Thank you, you guys are awesome.
Speaker 3: Let's see we can out do each hour to six o'clock.
Speaker 1: One hundred and fifty nine orders is the number to beat. I want to beat that in this seven o'clock hour, let's try to get two hundred orders in there on the flip gotta rec check for you. We'll find out what's trending, and then we'll get set up to give you tickets on the floor to see Wheezer, Easdun's Rocking Alternatives, The Rod Morning.
Speaker 10: Show six to ten AM, ninety four or five buzz.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much for having us on today on this Tat Tuesday, I got some floor tickets coming up to go see Squeezer.
Speaker 3: They're playing on Saturday night.
Speaker 1: We got a twenty percent chance of rain, partly cloudy skies, high of ninety two.
Speaker 3: Rod Ryan's Show Care Store trending.
Speaker 5: I was gonna say, do you want to talk about the store and what we're doing this morning. I think we need to just remind people that if they get in there and purchase something, then they're going to put themselves in a hat to get some passes to the Rod Ryan Show Anniversary party.
Speaker 1: YEP. So each hour, your purchase is registered all the back end of the store here, so we're looking at any purchase made from now seven to seven fifty nine. We're gonna grab five people and give them twenty anniversary party tickets. We'll do that in the nine, in the eight and the nine o'clock hour. So twenty pair of tickets given away for you being so generous and donating money to the Rod Ryan Show Cares Foundation, which we're going to write a check to M d Anderson again, our team of doctors out there trying to cure breast cancer.
Speaker 4: There you go, there you go.
Speaker 1: So thank you, guys. It's really it's awesome to see how you guys are flying in that store right now. We're just I mean, stuff flying off the shelves.
Speaker 10: I love it.
Speaker 5: Okay, And then let's get to some gossip. I'm looking at a girl's blog page. I saw that you had opto mom.
Speaker 4: In the headline. There grandma, you ready to feel old, guys? Optim is now a grandma? Oh no, mom is now a grandma.
Speaker 1: She had kids before she had those eight puppies. So it's one of those children. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, so it's one of those. It's a kid. Those octo kids aren't old enough.
Speaker 5: It says one of her ten sons and his wife have welcome to a baby girl. But it must be yeah, like one of the older soon is actually a mom to fourteen kids overall. She didn't reveal which one of her sons is a new parent. So wow, there you go on that.
Speaker 1: I interviewed her back in the day.
Speaker 4: Did you really was she lovely? Was she annoying?
Speaker 11: Like?
Speaker 4: How was she?
Speaker 1: She was weird?
Speaker 3: Like you think she was weird?
Speaker 5: I would guess that she's a weird, though I would definitely expect that. And then Broadway is going to didn't its lights this week to honor the late James Earld Jones. He recently passed away at ninety three years old, So the Marque lights at Broadway Venue are going to go dark for one minute as a tribute to Jones's legendary career.
Speaker 8: He is.
Speaker 5: Legacy includes too Tony Awards, Tony worked for lifetime achievement. And there was a Court theater back in twenty twenty twenty twenty two renamed the James Earl Jones Theater in his honor.
Speaker 4: So Broadway dim their lights to honor him. And that's what's trending on nighty four five the bus.
Speaker 1: All right, let's give away some tickets here, just like you know, the old fashioned way by calling into the radio station.
Speaker 4: These are four tickets.
Speaker 5: These are four tickets to see we are fleaving lips in Dinosaur Junior. They're gonna be at Toyota Center this Saturday. Tickets still until at Toyota Center dot com. But these are on the floor as I mentioned.
Speaker 1: Seven one, three, two, two, five, nine four five call my man Chili The.
Speaker 12: Rod Ryan Show Mornings on ninety four five The bus.
Speaker 1: Twenty four fun the bus. If one more of you tell me that the Creed three doors down Finger Level show was the concert of the summer. I'm leaving. I'm leaving if I hear that because I didn't go, and I had plans to go and I couldn't go. For me, the concert of the summer, I don't know, probably Olympus Kit. They were so much fun. Yeah, it was so much fun to see those and you know, Fred silly and I don't know.
Speaker 3: That was just a really really fun night.
Speaker 1: And then you know how you got a top, how you gotta top those opening acts. You know, I'll leave it at that. Good morning everyone. I know I missed a good one in that Creed show. Twenty percent chance of rain partly clouding high of ninety two.
Speaker 3: We got good concerts still.
Speaker 1: Man. I know that we're officially in fall, but these are all things that we've been looking forward to for a long long time. Man, Weezer is great live. We've got floor tickets Flaming Lips and Dino Junior Saturday night. Good morning. Who's on the phone, Jeremy. I mean, do we still give away tickets on the radio or we just do all this stuff online? We still you're calling for tickets, right I am? Yeah? Wheezer, Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, dude, we'd still do that. It's old school, man. You're og. Congratulations. We're gonna get you on the floor for the Weezer show Saturday night. That sounds amazing.
Speaker 3: Tell me your name again, It's Jeremy. Where you from.
Speaker 1: I'm from Paarland. You're awesome. Yay, you're awesome.
Speaker 4: I went to the flea market out in Paarland's pretty good.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 4: I think it's called Collins or Cole's something like that. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I like a flea market Cole's.
Speaker 4: You would love it, Rod. You need to take London. They have all these.
Speaker 5: Like litl toys and treats and it's kind of hot right now. Still to go, but you should take her because there's vendor after vendor after vendor.
Speaker 4: Yeah, work on your Spanish.
Speaker 1: Have you been to that one that's like up Barker Cypress. No, Oh, it's a huge one. Somebody will email me and tell me what that is. Hi, Jeremy, you want to talk about your favorite flea market?
Speaker 3: You know, I don't know if I've ever been to a flea market.
Speaker 1: Dude.
Speaker 4: You got a premiere one out there in Pariland.
Speaker 1: We'll try and check it out, please do? All right, this Chilie out Chili, you know that really big flea market out there on the west side.
Speaker 3: But it's like if you gotta go Barker Cypress North.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's on the wrong side of the tracks for me.
Speaker 1: Bro it's huge though.
Speaker 4: Could you get like a new bumpers and tail lights? You can get a beach a lot, get anything you need.
Speaker 1: Animals, Yeah, birds, there's all sorts of vaults.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Probably we had a guy that was at that one Trader village. That's it. I just that's of uh.
Speaker 3: I came up with that on my own.
Speaker 4: Nice that's of uh.
Speaker 6: I believe its Eldridge Broke.
Speaker 1: Get the West Side correct, some respect on it.
Speaker 3: There're one block away from each other.
Speaker 1: Like a couple of miles, bro, not a block. We had, well, one exit away from one another, you're right. But we had a guy that was doing like some leather work and he donated something in the past. I wonder if he's still doing that.
Speaker 4: Great leather goods out there.
Speaker 3: Yeah. If you need a Selena T shirt, you go to Trader.
Speaker 4: Village, yeah, dude. Or you could get a.
Speaker 5: Leather gun holster yeah with your initials on it, yeah, neons, Yeah dude.
Speaker 8: Anyway, I just.
Speaker 4: Feel like anything's possible to flee market. And that's what I really love about it.
Speaker 1: I used to go when I was a little kid, and that I would get baseball cars, yeah, cards and something.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Before that, before it was so like organized and while these are worth a lot of money, you used to be able to go through a huge box of cards and you would pick out your favorites and they might have been five to ten cents apiece.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 3: I would just pick Buffalo Bills players, you know what.
Speaker 1: I mean, no matter who they were. Joe Ferguson, Oh.
Speaker 3: My god, ten cents cool?
Speaker 5: Yeah, keiths In he d address for London out there, Pinata.
Speaker 1: I don't know that we're having a kid. Yeah she uh cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're gonna do this.
Speaker 6: Texan on Texan.
Speaker 4: Yea, dude, text mex at it right.
Speaker 1: There, she's text mess. There's not a lot of mechs. Okay, there's not hell come.
Speaker 4: Every time I talk to London, she suggests we go get tacos.
Speaker 3: Well, there's that every time.
Speaker 1: She has the most alabaster skin.
Speaker 4: Ever, mean anything, there's no mechs. There's all kinds of Latin focus. Randfolk would come in every color. She this kid walks tacos every time.
Speaker 5: Yeah, this says that we could go and we could get tacos.
Speaker 1: I'm like, yeah, dude, and let's not bring dad. So you were talking about the Looking at girls blood page octomom, Okay, well there's a million things on there today. The Looking at Girl's blood page is amazing. I got this CrossFit nut. She worked out so hard her arm exploded. Oh god, Okay, that's working out a little too hard. Okay, couldn't be me. Now she's twenty five years old. Jessica Johnson, she did that thing. We've talked about it before. I think it's Memorial Day weekend. The murf Challenge. Yeah, the Mirth Challenge.
Speaker 4: What is that? It's like, uh rosters.
Speaker 1: Yeah, run a mile, three hundred squats, two hundred push ups, one hundred pull ups and a lot of those nuts do it with I know, like Dan Crenshaw does this and you wear the vest with the extra weight.
Speaker 8: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Okay, so that's the Mirth Challenge.
Speaker 3: He was one of the buddies, but loan survive her.
Speaker 1: Wow, I'll think of his name too in a second, Mark Latrell, thank you, Marcus Latrell Trell. Yeah, he was his buddy. So she didn't start from zero. This chicks in like wicked shape to begin with.
Speaker 5: Basically, yeah, even attempt this workout, you gotta gotta be in good shape.
Speaker 1: Even her with amazing shape that she hadn't done a serious upper body work on in a while. So because she went so hard, her bicep exploded. Her arms were so sore and swollen the next day she couldn't straighten them out. Her friends were calling her Hulk because they just thought, oh, okay, her arm was big, okay swollen, So yeah, I got pictures. So she froinbably went to urgent care a few days later, she lost feeling in her hands, so they sent her the er. They'd cut her arm open to relieve the pressure, and they cut her arm to reduce swelling.
Speaker 3: One of the symptoms. Okay, one of the symptoms.
Speaker 4: Tell me, tell me just say it.
Speaker 1: Like really dark urine because the arm exploded.
Speaker 4: So your body's trying to flush out this blood and stuff.
Speaker 1: All this stuff is going through you. Okay. It could cause liver damage, kidney damage, it could even kill you.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: So they told her to ease back in exercise. She's gonna be okay. By the way, her doctors were able to save her kidneys. They cut her arms open to reduce the swelling, like I said, and she's done with the extreme.
Speaker 3: Workouts for good.
Speaker 1: So her new routine is running, walking, and some gentle pilates.
Speaker 4: They're like, ma'am, we know your are slender across it. Why don't you try.
Speaker 5: Bar yoga Just chill out a little bit for the lottis for.
Speaker 1: One whold karm, you know, And yeah, it's pretty wild.
Speaker 3: That's on the Looking at Girls blog page. There's pictures the.
Speaker 1: Right Ryan Show celebrating twenty years ninety four five of Buzz ninety four or five, The Buzz three eleven and down. Rod Ryan Show. Happy tattooesday, everybody, Thank you. We are killing it again. Rod Ryan Show Cares online store. We're gonna grab five people that made a donation a purchase, no matter how big how small, you get in there, some money exchanges hands.
Speaker 3: For charity, All for charity.
Speaker 1: Five of you will be drawn in the seven o'clock hour for tickets to the rod Ryan Show twenty anniversary party.
Speaker 3: You guys are doing a great job, man.
Speaker 1: Chili has that as link number one on the world famous rod Ryan Show page at the Buzz dot com. We're looking for orders from seven o'clock to seven fifty nine. That's where we're going to draw five names randomly. Like we did in the six o'clock hour, we're going to do it in the eight and the nine. Twenty pair of tickets given away. Pretty good day here, man. We're raising a lot of money, doing some good and getting people into I don't know if I can call it the hottest ticket in town anymore. I got some of these Metallica emails I'd like to share with you. Oh my, you know, Alex already stated earlier it's not his thing. But you realize the hugeness of Metallica. I mean, you know, you know, I get it there. How many bands are playing in the stadium right so? And how many bands are playing you know in some cities two nights in the stadium.
Speaker 3: It's Metallica. They're that big.
Speaker 1: So Melissa, she told me that she spent like thirty five hundred dollars. I'm like, what the hell did you spend thirty five hundred dollars on? She doesn't live here anymore. She lives down in Corpus. So she bought two snake pit passes, a room at the hotel over there.
Speaker 3: By the state. Okay, two nights day, and a shuttle to and from.
Speaker 1: It's thirty five hundred dollars for two people, all right, that's what she spent on Metallica. Here's some other ones, Jamie, Good morning. Hubby got early tickets because people are getting in on fan club stuff right now. Hobby got the early tickets sales yesterday. Spent around four hundred to four to fifty for two tickets. Can't wait. Bonus the concerts on a Saturday, no work, getting up early for school the next morning. Good call, them that Chris, My daughter turns thirteen next summer. Spoke to the ex wife and she's going to let me take her. Thanks Mom to Metallica. I told the X it will probably be a once in a lifetime for her. So I got in on some early sale tickets. Got two club level seats roughly a little over seven hundred dollars with service fees. Two tickets seven hundred bucks. Stadium Metallic is making that money. Stadium guys, Ninja price is varying. The snake pit rod basic is three fifty if you're lucky enough to get them, but you can get pit passes. You can get pre party for eight thirty each. There's meet and greet, backstage tour. Five. There's the thirty five hundred dollars that Pat Morrero was talking about. There's a meat the band with a backstage tour. Each ticket is thirty five hundred dollars for Metallica. I mean they're gonna get it. That package is gonna be sold out, brother Rod. Here's one final one from Keith. Got in on the pre sale. I almost had a stroke. This will be my eleventh time seeing Metallica, but I've never paid five hundred and twelve dollars for a single ticket. The ticket was three fifty five twelve with fees. So I'll be the old guy on the floor wearing a trash bag because I spent all my money on my concert ticket. Love this show, Love all you do. Twenty year loyal listeners sox SOXS, Shoe Shoe, Keith the cabinet guy.
Speaker 3: So that's just kind of a range.
Speaker 1: Nobody said that they spent, which we thought the range for Metallica tickets was anywhere from twenty dollars to four to fifty. Do you get a ticket for twenty dollars? I don't think anybody goes in on a pre sale and buys the last row of the stadium, right right, So that's why we're not seeing that. But I'm not nobody's emailing me that either. So I don't know what you guys are doing. I did not. I'm going to go to the Metallica show. I don't know. I'm going to hope that something happens that I don't have to spend thirty five hundred dollars. The last time they played the stadium, I got to go, I got to go on stage. What yeah, I got to go on stage. I didn't say, here's Metallica. But I got to do a coming up in the stadium. So I got to go up on stage about twenty minutes before they went on, and I said, Hey, what's up.
Speaker 3: It's Rob Ryan Ready twenty fo or five.
Speaker 1: Of the buzz Get Ready, Metallica is coming up. Before I went on stage, I'm standing there next to a guy and he looked familiar, and I just I looked at him. I'm like, I don't want to say who are you, so I'm looking and I might have gone to my I might have gone to my Google real ques and I'm like, that works.
Speaker 3: And I said, dude, you're mixed Master Mike. He was spinning tunes in between.
Speaker 1: Mix Master Mike is a legend.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was hanging out with him.
Speaker 1: He was talking to me. He's like, are you nervous about going out there? I'm like, yeah, dude, crap on my pants a little bit. I was hanging out with mixed Master Mike before I went on stage to introduce Metallica. The biggest concert announcement ever, truly mean better than the tool one when I got hitting the nuts with.
Speaker 4: Paying five thousand dollars for tickets.
Speaker 1: Yeah, nobody's throw anything at me. It was awesome, great experience, nothing but a wonderful time. Okay, that one was a great one. Okay.
Speaker 5: Threshfold like a max amount of money you're willing to spend.
Speaker 1: Metallica, Yeah, I mean I would spend the money. I would spend the money. I'm just hoping that there's I'm hoping there's going to be some sort of rod we need you for something, opportunity. You run the risk of waiting too long, though.
Speaker 4: And then sometimes I have to pay more.
Speaker 1: Sometimes those opportunities will come up til the week before the show, and here I am with no tickets. I'm rolling the dice on this one. But I'm going London.
Speaker 4: It depends on that.
Speaker 1: I don't know. If London, I don't think I'll take her to a concert, not Metallica, Not No, that's Danny to our Ryan Morning Show, six Am, The Buzz. Here we go ninety four or five The Buzz All time low with Black Bear and Monsters, rod Ryan's Show. You got less than eight minutes to get into the store. The Rod Ryan Show Cares online store. If you want to be qualified for the five pair of tickets that we give away to those making a donation or a purchase in the seven o'clock hour. We will look at purchases right up until seven to fifty nine, and then we'll do it all again.
Speaker 3: Those that make a purchase.
Speaker 1: Or a donation between eight and eight fifty nine, five of you will be drawn randomly for twentieth anniversary party tickets.
Speaker 3: Okay, this is fun. This is really really fun.
Speaker 1: I see. I mean, there's a ton of orders. I don't know. Deb gives me updates at the top of the hour. What did we say we had one hundred and fifty nine orders, orders and donations? Was that the number? I said? I'd like, I don't do that every hour, so I know it's asking for a lot, but I think what we have here is a pretty good ticket. Rod Ryan Show twenty that aniversary party tickets given away on the air. Calling into the show like you're supposed to do. That's coming up at eight.
Speaker 3: Twenty twenty percent chance of rain.
Speaker 1: Partly Claude Skuy's high of ninety two Tesla Houston's headlines please the.
Speaker 5: Suspect in an apparent assassination attempt on a former President Trump at a Florida golf course is being denied Bond. Ryan Ruth appeared yesterday in a West Palm Beach federal court adjudged to nine Ruth Vond after hearing from federal.
Speaker 4: Prosecutors and the defense.
Speaker 5: Also, the Justice Department revealed new evidence in the attempt in the assassination attempt, including a letter written by Ruth. The letter was addressed to the world and said this was an assassination attempt on Donald Trump, but I failed you. The letter offered an amount of cash for whomever can complete the job. And yeah, it was supposedly left with a friend several months earlier in a box.
Speaker 6: Isn't it bad to like read that to people?
Speaker 8: Now?
Speaker 1: Bad?
Speaker 6: We have just been like, let's not talk about that.
Speaker 3: Well, people got to know everything.
Speaker 5: Yeah, different strokes were different folks. You know, all criminals are different. Let's not put them all in a box and leave it with a friend to read later. FBI Houston says more than thirty phony school threats have been reported since the school year started.
Speaker 4: They posted this on Twitter.
Speaker 5: Assistant Special Agent in charge said the number of hoax threats is more than any single month last year and more than in the.
Speaker 4: Past three years.
Speaker 5: So the Special Agent in charge warned that it's a crime to threat to school with acts of violence, even if the threat is a joke.
Speaker 4: He says, the FBI and.
Speaker 5: Other police agencies have to investigate every school threat that is reported to them. And you poll asked thirty eight thousand Americans have you ever disagreed with someone you share a dishwasher with about how it should be loaded or used? Thirty four percent of people said yes, this is an issue in their home. Fifty nine percent of people said no, and seven percent aren't really sure. We're doing a poll on the eggs. How should forks and spoons be placed in the dishwasher?
Speaker 1: And off?
Speaker 4: Le tell me what's off? What's going on?
Speaker 3: Alex and I are going to fight too today?
Speaker 1: I don't share a dishwash How should forks and spoons be placed in the dishwasher? Facing up?
Speaker 3: Facing down? Anything goes?
Speaker 7: I don't have to do dishes as I'm a man, so like, I'm never gonna have to worry about this.
Speaker 4: All right, chillies, Yeah, he's rubbing off on you.
Speaker 1: Fifty eight percent of our audience says facing up. That means when you empty your dishwasher you're grabbing the part that goes in your mouth.
Speaker 6: But I can't tell you last time just.
Speaker 4: That, would you reach her back for something? One of those knives is going to cut your arms.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm not talking about knives.
Speaker 1: I'm talking about just forks and spoons. Nobody's dumb enough to put a knife facing up, so Alex forks and spoons. Fifty eight percent of our audience says facing up, thirty one percent says facing down, ten percent. Anything goes.
Speaker 6: I feel like you could just you know what.
Speaker 4: Okay, there's many maybe animals, but they're not these clean.
Speaker 5: Freaks that wash their dishes before they put them in the dishwasher.
Speaker 4: The dishwasher is built for washing your dishes. You don't have to free print and wash hard.
Speaker 3: Rent your dishwasher without telling me.
Speaker 1: You rent your.
Speaker 3: Dishwasher, Yeah, dishwasher. There you go.
Speaker 1: You don't care about the filter that's in there. You don't care about it. It's not yours.
Speaker 4: I do it at my house too, Then.
Speaker 1: Don't why because all of that, you have.
Speaker 3: Never changed the filter, have you? You have never cleaned out the filter?
Speaker 1: And what do you think that food just magically goes to like foodville.
Speaker 4: I thought it goes in the disposal, doesn't it get the disposal?
Speaker 1: There's a screen that is probably probably has micro organisms that science doesn't even know about yet.
Speaker 6: If you've never cleaned your every disease known to.
Speaker 4: Man, haven't rents. Just use those little pods, you'll be sweet.
Speaker 1: I didn't know people were on this end of the spectrum on dishwasher loading. And then you gotta loaded like you've loaded something before in your life?
Speaker 3: Have you ever played tetris? For God's sakes? When I see people.
Speaker 1: Hurly, squirrely putting stuff all over the place, cups on the top, coffee cups on the bottom, what's wrong with you?
Speaker 8: Wherever?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 6: When you're now cutting boards, you're like, what am I gonna do? What am I going to do with this? There's a bowl and a cutting board. How do I make this word? Craziness?
Speaker 4: Welcome separate?
Speaker 1: All the plates are being in a nice row.
Speaker 6: Yeah, sometimes you don't just have plates?
Speaker 4: What is this Armyville? You're not gonna send these dishes to war?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Whatever?
Speaker 4: I am all right ready. Frince Junior will officially return an.
Speaker 5: Upcoming legacy sequel to I Know What You Did Last Summer Freddy played Ray Bronson in the first two films at ninety seven and ninety eight. These were popular. Jennifer Love was in these two and she's also in talks to return. That hasn't been confirmed yet. This will be the fourth movie in the franchise. There was a TV series also in twenty twenty one. In case you didn't know, A legacy sequel is when the movie takes place further in the future, with the return of original characters and introduction of new ones.
Speaker 4: So not a lot of plot details on this. It is expected to hit theaters next summer in July.
Speaker 3: Oh, telling me, we're not getting Goonies.
Speaker 4: Summer gets Summer ween next year. Get ready?
Speaker 1: Who wants this? We wanted the Goonies?
Speaker 4: We did want the Goonies? Do we want weird Out? You ready for some weird out?
Speaker 1: I've never seen him live well.
Speaker 4: He has lined up a massive tour in twenty twenty five.
Speaker 5: He's promising to feature his biggest hits alongside fan favorites and librarities. He will visit a total of sixty five cities. It's called the Bigger and Weirder twenty twenty five Tour. It also teases like elaborate production, multiple costume changes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's got to put on I mean he can only wear the fat suit during this song. He cannot wear the fat suit during Amish Paradise. Right, He's got to go put on the Jewish outfit, you know, coming.
Speaker 5: To Woodlands, coming to Woodlands August first, Those are Houston's headlines, But.
Speaker 1: Jewet the Amish outfit I do with the little curly hair was cool. Swright, what do you got over there?
Speaker 7: Astros lost to the Mariners last night six to one, and they'll play them again this evening. Framer Val doesn't be in the mount for the Strows going up against Seattle's Logan Gilbert first pitches at seven ten. You can listen to the game on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety. In football, we had a Monday night football double header last night. The bill Yes blew out the Jaguars seven to ten. Bufflers Jet Allen grew for four touchdowns and that one. Then the Commanders got by the Bengals thirty eight to thirty three. Rookie Jayden Daniels completed twenty one of twenty three passes for two hundred and fifty four yards and two touchdowns.
Speaker 6: Bingals start the season oh and three, just like the Jaguars. That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 1: Brother Rod, you're freaking out you don't have Stefan Diggs anymore. No, I'm not, no, no, not, why would you. It's great that the Texans have them. I root for the Texans. I want the Texans to win. I wanted to be successful. I was bummed out that they lost. But guess what, it's fine that he's not in Buffles anybody. Yeah, yeah, he's doing just fine.
Speaker 5: Side note, NFL memes put out Joe Burrow walking into the game and they said Ellen walking out of the game and they said Ellen degenerous and the Bengals dropped to oh and three because of his fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you gotta walk out there like it's one thing. You're walking in with your dumb hair and your stupid outfit, and you're you still might win the game, and you gotta crawl out of there with your dumb hair and your dumb outfit cold.
Speaker 3: Oh, maybe a little less time working on your fit.
Speaker 4: Ho Ho's alternatives and the Rod Ryan Morning.
Speaker 3: Show that's Creed and Higher.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you what. There's a lot is there a lot of Creed content on the internet right now, or absolutely or are we all getting stuck stopping on one and then the algorithm says, oh, you must want to see nothing but Creed memes.
Speaker 3: It really is funny.
Speaker 1: I mean I've seen that the Creed tattoo one that there's a multiple ones out there.
Speaker 5: Have you seen that they're selling a stat jersey at at and T Stadium from his higher performance?
Speaker 4: Yes, that's the one that got me the other day.
Speaker 1: I'd like to buy the outfit of that guy that was flying around on the rope. I'd like to buy that outfit, you know what I mean. He was flying around on.
Speaker 3: Weird looking at people on that performance.
Speaker 1: But that was peak. Stop's got staff though, man, I mean I know that like he's jacked right now. He posted that one picture of him here at Woodlands. But the hair that it was glorious. Yeah, it was glorious. That that goes down as an all time football performance. That was big at the time. Man, that was really really big. Good morning, everybody. I hope you're off to a great start to your day. Half what part of the show, hey pope? At twenty percent chance of rain partly Claudis guys highs of around ninety two. The funning games that's happening today on the show is trying to get you guys to go and place orders in the rod Ryan Show Cares online store. We have launched all of our new merchandise. Boobs Rock twenty twenty four is well underway. You guys are crushing it today. So the ask of me today is for you to go in and make a purchase, no matter how big or small. I don't care if you buy ten T shirts, if you buy Koozie, whatever, you spend money in the store boom, or if you make a donation. The first thing in the stor is right there. Like, Hey, I'm gonna skip all the boobs Rock stuff. I got enough squeeze boobs. I got everything I need over here. Okay, but I would like to drop twenty bucks in the store. That's awesome too, man, Thank you so much for that. The six o'clock hour, here's Dev's update. So it's nothing but.
Speaker 3: A lot of dishwasher talk.
Speaker 1: I didn't know the dishwasher.
Speaker 7: I get it.
Speaker 1: We've talked about being thermistatically compatible ranks.
Speaker 6: You're Mistata.
Speaker 1: We have talked about you know, food is a big thing for couples, you know, like you want to eat one thing, they want to eat the other thing. I had no idea that we were living on the opposite ends of the planet on dishwasher etiquette. I really had no idea about this before today. Yeah, okay, yeah, it's I mean, there's just I got twenty five thirty emails just about the dishwasher in the last ten minutes.
Speaker 3: Deb love you, thank you from BMP.
Speaker 1: Brand management professionals are they kind of curate everything in the store and they get all that shipping and they come up with all the well, we could work out the designs together, but seven o'clock, I'm sorry, the six o'clock hour.
Speaker 3: There was one hundred and fifty nine orders.
Speaker 1: Of those orders, we drew five names, and we gave away tickets to the anniversary show seven o'clock hour two hundred and two orders. So we looked at every sale from seven to seven fifty nine, and here's what we got.
Speaker 3: God blessed me on the names because just a Johnson, this.
Speaker 4: Is my favorite part of the show.
Speaker 1: John Smith wills one.
Speaker 4: Who are the winners? Please?
Speaker 1: Timothy Robinson bought a T shirt and now is going to the rod Ryan Show twentie Anniversary part famous listener, Tim Robbins, Tim Robbins, very good, Robinson, Yeah.
Speaker 6: From I think you should leave?
Speaker 1: James?
Speaker 6: What is that the guy I think you should leave?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 1: I was thinking Shawshank is Timothy Robins for Tim Robbins, Tim Robbins, Robinson Okay. James cahanack Ah James Cahahanick. James Kahanick bought a couple of d He bought a couple of shirts.
Speaker 4: From the Cahannick family.
Speaker 1: Huge, He's going to the twentieth anniversary show, wonderful.
Speaker 3: Amber Vassilenkoso.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she bought a boobs Rock Ladies v Neck. She's going to the rod Ryan Show twenty anniversary party now, wonderful. Sean Keaton, Nice and easy, John Keaton. Sean Keaton went in and dropped a twenty dollars donation. And then Maria Right bought a T shirt. And the five names that just mentioned are all going to the rod Ryan Show twentyth anniversary party.
Speaker 4: Wonderful.
Speaker 3: So all you gotta do is make a purchase.
Speaker 1: Now you've got well, it's it's eight eleven. We're gonna look at all purchases between eight o'clock and eight fifty nine, and then we'll do it one more hour. I heard from Maria Tura b art Is, Okay, you did tura ub r tes. Maria tura ub r Tes. She said, omg, omeg, omg. Hearing Rod say my last name on the radio was gold y'all are the best twenty year listener here. My kids are huge fans. I cannot believe you drew my name because your name is so awesome. That's what that's why we drew it. So want to hear your name on the radio. You want to hear me kill your name? I can and probably will. Let's get let's let's can we beat this? Can we beat the hour? Can can every hour?
Speaker 3: I mean I never get enough?
Speaker 8: Do I?
Speaker 1: I never get enough?
Speaker 4: I'm obsessed.
Speaker 1: I am, I am. I love this. One and fifty nine orders in the six o'clock hour, two hundred and two orders?
Speaker 8: Can we do?
Speaker 1: Two hundred and twenty orders in the eight o'clock hour?
Speaker 3: Can we go to twenty?
Speaker 1: Can we do too?
Speaker 8: One?
Speaker 3: Coach Finay gave up halfway point. Let's take a break, we'll come back. We'll give away rod Ryan Show twenty tenniversary party tickets. You'll call into the radio station to win.
Speaker 1: Those Houston for Houston's.
Speaker 12: Alternative and tell them at the rod Ryan Morning Show ninety four.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five bus Good Morning rod Ryan Show on this tat Tuesday.
Speaker 3: Don't worry, We'll give away.
Speaker 1: Some tickets by having you call in the way it's supposed to be done to win tickets to the rod Ryan Show twenty tenniversary Party October twelveth car By Brewery.
Speaker 3: Though that is coming up, but first let's find out what's trend.
Speaker 5: Well, let's talk about what's going on in the store, because we're going to have this hour and then one more additional hour to get people into the twentieth anniversary party for rod Ryan Shoke Carbox. So the way it's working is that if you go shop in the store rod Ryan Show Cares, if you go make a purchase in there or drop a donation, you're going to be automatically entered into a drawing.
Speaker 4: We're going to select five people.
Speaker 5: We've been selecting five people every hour, and if you have a really complicated name to say, I suggest you go shopping.
Speaker 4: Because I think that's been our game that we're playing today for me, I just rod announcing your name. His attempts are wonderful, are doing great.
Speaker 1: Like Tony King, would you go buy something? Please? Can I can say that, I can enunciate, I can articulate Tony King, would you please go buy something? And I'll pull your name?
Speaker 4: Okay, So that's definitely our first trend. Also, did you happen to put Jojo Siwa on looking at girls' blog page? No, it's a child, Okay.
Speaker 5: Well she's twenty one and she is on the cover of this Lady Gun magazine.
Speaker 4: She's wearing like.
Speaker 5: She does a lot of things for shock value. Okay, so she's wearing this outfit.
Speaker 1: All pop tarts do it at that age, just like I mean, remember we were around on the air during the Miley Cyrus shaker asstick her tongue out, you know for that was three years of that. Yeah, you know, I shouldn't do that anymore.
Speaker 4: So Jojo, they all she's having a moment.
Speaker 1: They all have that exact same trajectory, right, you know, It's like, okay, now you got to be 're gelling.
Speaker 5: They're like rebelling against the grain. Well, anyway, this outfit is crazy. Some people are like, she ate, like she looks great, and some people were like, oh my gosh, everything she does is completely unappeeling. So uh jo Josie Waugh in Google people searching for that, uh, that cover that.
Speaker 4: She just did, and I'll tweet it out so you guys can check it out. Also, Meta, oh listen to this.
Speaker 5: AI metas reportedly signing deals with Hollywood actors to voice its artificial intelligence chatbot. According to reports, you have people like Kristen Bell, John Cena, Keith, and Michael Key are signing on to do the voice the voicing of the AI chatbot. So I think Zuckerberg is going to make an official announcement. He's giving a keynote speech at the Metaconnect event tomorrow, but that's expected to be one of the things he talks about.
Speaker 4: So that's what's trending. On ninety four five the bus all right, well let's go here.
Speaker 1: I've got I've got some tickets. The ones that everybody's shopping for right now at this eight o'clock hour is huge. I'm looking at it.
Speaker 3: It's fun to see all the orders coming in.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we have a pair passes to the Rod Ryan Show. Twentieth anniversary. You can win them the old fashioned way. You gotta win them because you can't bypasses.
Speaker 4: So what are you going to take?
Speaker 8: Ten?
Speaker 1: Twenty five? I'll take you. No, I'm gonna say. I'm gonna say twenty for the Academy, twenty for the Academy gift Card at nine ten Right now, I'll take call her ten seven, one, three, two and two five, nine four five The.
Speaker 6: Rod Ryan Show, Good Mornings on ninety four five, The.
Speaker 1: Buzz ninety four five, The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show. That's Popper Road, Last Resort, Good Morning, rob Ryan Show on this odd tat Tuesday. Great job, everybody, lots of activity in the rod Ryan Show Cares online store. You have another little over a half hour to make a purchase, make a donation, no matter how big or small. We're going to take five names that made a purchase or a donation in the eight o'clock hour, and we're going to grant five of you tickets to the rod Ryan Show twentieth Anniversary Party. We'll do it again in the nine o'clock hour. And of course, I just I always want to keep the momentum going. And you know, we had over two hundred orders. We had one hundred and fifty nine I think in the six o'clock hour, over two hundred orders in the seven eight o'clock hour. Man, I'd like, I'll do it again. I would, And all the money is staying right here. It's going to MD Anderson. It's our boobs rock program. Got great new merchandise in there, all kinds of Now people are starting to figure out the logos a little bit. There's an Arrowsmith themed logo. They just recently announced their retirement. They're not going to be able to go out on tour, one of them. Conn let's a little like Lincoln Park. Yeah. So there's some great merchandise in there, and our friends over at VMP that helped me come up with all these amazing logos and the merchandises amazing looking. So purchase or donation qualifies you for tickets. But a lot of you are calling in right now. Good morning. Who's on the phone, Good morning? That's Karina, Hi, Karina, how are you?
Speaker 4: I'm doing gree.
Speaker 1: When Chili goes out and does these ticket giveaways, which I think he's going out tomorrow, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I'm no longer in control of the show. I really am. I just Chili's like, hey man, I'm leaving.
Speaker 1: He asks people like, what are you most excited if you were able, if you were lucky enough to win tickets to the twentieth anniversary? You got shined Down, Sublime, Blue October, Theory of a Dead Man, XCES and now we just.
Speaker 3: Added local heroes, Rosie.
Speaker 1: Who would you be most excited if you were a ticket winner and you were lucky enough to be at the party. What would get you going? What will get you most excited?
Speaker 4: I would love to see shun Down or Sublime.
Speaker 1: When Chile is dealing with all these people out there in the in the parking lots, and you know, he's a freaking the sheets and the streets, it's amazing.
Speaker 3: Like people are losing their mind over Shine Down. They are losing their mind.
Speaker 1: You're gonna see shine Down your Collar ten. Yes, it's also thank you you well, okay, hang on, I've.
Speaker 8: Been trying to get the ticket in shoot.
Speaker 1: Your Collar ten. But you have to answer this question correctly. When you put forks and spoons in the dishwasher, does the handle face down or up?
Speaker 4: The handle.
Speaker 3: The handle of the fork.
Speaker 4: It's touching the bottom. So those touching the bottom, So.
Speaker 1: Those times, I believe that's what they're called of the fork, whether it's a three prong or four pronger that's facing towards the top.
Speaker 3: Yes, you're calling Humber nine. I'm sorry, you're nine.
Speaker 1: I can't have you walking around my party. You're a nut.
Speaker 4: That's what we want.
Speaker 8: They're not touching, they're not touchy.
Speaker 1: But listen, here's the thing. When you empty the dishwasher, you have to grab the part that you put in your mouth, and then you have to turn it to put it away. If you just grabbed it by the handle, it's more efficient to grab it by the handle and put it up. I think you ever think thet I think you need to change your ways. You need to change change all right, changeycle cycle path walking around the anniversary show.
Speaker 3: I'm not Carinas. I can't wait to party with you. I have a great time.
Speaker 4: Okay, yes, thank you so much.
Speaker 3: All right, Chilly's gonna set you up.
Speaker 6: Please fix that.
Speaker 1: Fix it.
Speaker 3: Forks and spoons, facing up your nuts. You're nuts, bad nuts, you are.
Speaker 4: These are the friends to keep it crazy, to keep the party.
Speaker 1: Going, Joshua, I mean, it's all dishwasher emails Rod. My wife places everything up, including knives. Do we all agree that knives facing.
Speaker 4: Up is just there?
Speaker 8: They go?
Speaker 4: I think it's a response.
Speaker 7: You can go look at it when you're reaching for it, and you'll see that shark. Don't touch that.
Speaker 3: I can't deal with you. Just go kick your ice cubes under the frame.
Speaker 6: I will too.
Speaker 1: My wife places everything up, including knives. I've been nicked so many times by knives by reaching for forks spoons.
Speaker 3: No one wants to grab utensils by the.
Speaker 1: Tops that we put in our mouth. Joshua, why didn't you call in win tickets? I could have had you at the party.
Speaker 3: That nut job.
Speaker 6: Just say you do it and don't listen.
Speaker 1: Chris Cook, Chris Cook? Wait wait wait right wait rot dishwashers have a filter. Yeah, yeah, yeah, there's a little screen in there.
Speaker 8: Oh.
Speaker 1: Let me guess you didn't know when you're like testa, you didn't know there was one in the the dryer either.
Speaker 4: I supposed to know these things. You just come out of the womb knowing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, taslow. My wife and I don't ever fight about it because I do all the dishes.
Speaker 8: I see.
Speaker 4: That's one way to solve it.
Speaker 1: I knew you'd like that one.
Speaker 4: I'm just saying that's one way to prevent arguments.
Speaker 3: Good morning, brother Rod. Let me start off by saying, I love my wife.
Speaker 6: Here we go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she loads the dishwasher like a ferret on meth. I do not believe it could be any more confusing or makes any less sense. Cups on the top, bottom, shelves, large utensils, everywhere, it goes on and on and on. I was upstairs listening to the show, laughing about you were talking about how people load the dishwasher. Then I go downstairs for breakfast. After I finish, I go put my dirty dishes in the dishwasher. When I open it, I started laughing all over again. I had to explain to my wife what you guys were doing today about the dishwasher.
Speaker 6: Cup's not go on top.
Speaker 4: She's a woman in a hurry.
Speaker 1: I like that. She just grabs cups bottom top. She doesn't care.
Speaker 4: That's how I am.
Speaker 3: She's a ferret on meth.
Speaker 7: You going with a plan, but like after a while, you're like, all right, we got to figure out space.
Speaker 6: For these cups place.
Speaker 1: Mollie, you got to get an extra one.
Speaker 5: As much time as possible. I'm not going to be what are you playing Tetris over there?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 1: I don't have time forks and spoons.
Speaker 3: How are they placed in the dishwasher?
Speaker 1: Fifty seven percent of our audience say, facing up your nuts, facing down thirty anything goes it to look dangerous.
Speaker 6: They want to face Oh my god, he said, you didn't even do them.
Speaker 3: I know, I had such crazy people listening to Ryan shows.
Speaker 1: Gad effects include mood swings, mood swings, US green.
Speaker 3: Day's Long View.
Speaker 1: Guys. On top of all this other nonsense, which is not nonsense, great sense, all the other things that are happening today, there's a big concert announcement coming up at ten o'clock.
Speaker 3: I have I have made the decision to give away.
Speaker 1: Tickets to the concert that's going to be announced at ten o'clock on Know the Show. So at the time that you're coming up with your question, the time that we start getting into Know the Show, you won't know what you're going to be calling in for. I can't go that early, but we can ride this show right up until ten and then I can tell.
Speaker 8: You who it is.
Speaker 1: So I'm gonna give away it's a big concert ticket and it's gonna come your way on know the show. Last thing we do, I've got that two hundred dollars Academy Sports An Outdoors gift card twenty days celebrating twenty years. Thank you, Academy. I've got that coming up for you early in the nine o'clock hours, so still lots of opportunities and then boom. Keep doing what you're doing in the store. You guys are awesome today. Can't wait to see if we can outdo the six and the seven o'clock hour. A lot of people making purchases and donations in the rod Ryan Show Cares online store. Five people that make a purchase or a donation this hour, I'm gonna be randomly selected to join us for what we just gave away, rod Ryan Show twenty Aniversary parties party, provided that you put your forks and spoons facing down the handle up. Okay, I just made something that people are doing now. It's a to don't list and I just wrote it down and it's to don't number one, don't listen to Alex's dumb takes on the dishwasher. It's the top of my list. You are number one. You are number one of my to don't list? Did you know people are making these now don't to don't list and you don't if you're somebody. If you're somebody that makes a list and it's a to do and this is what I gotta do and knock out today, that's kind of like a daily thing.
Speaker 3: To don't list is something that you just you do it once and.
Speaker 1: Then you go back and you refer to it to see if you're if you're not doing those things, like if you're feeling overwhelmed, you make this to don't list and non essential things that suck up your time. To don't list might include something they say, don't over commit to social engagements, don't offer to do favors for everyone, don't schedule meetings before eleven o'clock. I mean, god forbid you meet with somebody before eleven God who writes that on.
Speaker 7: This it seems like a time suck and making one of these lives. Well, yeah, like you're wasting the time that you could be doing other things.
Speaker 1: But there it is. Though it says, don't listen to Alex when he talks about loading washing the list. So the idea, I guess, is to be mindful about the stuff that's eating up your time. You make the list, and you don't need to make one every day. You do it once and then you just check on it to remind yourself of all the stuff you don't want to do.
Speaker 7: All right, it's murder, crime, cheatson.
Speaker 8: Litter.
Speaker 6: Not smoke.
Speaker 1: Friends, would everybody put on their to do list today to check the filter in their dishwasher?
Speaker 3: Nobody knows there's a filter.
Speaker 4: I literally don't want to do that.
Speaker 1: You just unscrew it. It's right there at the bottom, and then all you do is run it under the Saint really the mother love and tape on.
Speaker 4: That sounds like a man's job to do that.
Speaker 6: I am sure.
Speaker 3: I'm going to have so much fun with that.
Speaker 4: Do that so much fun? Go to war for me. Build a house that's on your to do list, fellas.
Speaker 8: Patriarch hotive and tell them of the rod Ryan Morning shown.
Speaker 1: The buzz Oh yeah, no big deal. Just the best song on the radio right now. It's Lincoln Park and the Emptiness Machine rod Ryan Show. Just my opinion, of course. Hope you're off to a great start to your day. I am. I'm having the best day ever, even on feel all that. Well, a little tummy achemummy ache today.
Speaker 4: Rub your belly. You stay to late watching the bill.
Speaker 1: No, no, I've been good on that. I don't know what's going on, but you have made this an amazing morning just because of your generosity and you guys in the room. Some of you in the room mostly us not to do to not do list Alex, but the generosity and you guys do in the shopping and getting into the store. We're gonna have another five winners. You got about seven to six minutes now if you want to be in on that eight o'clock drawing for the five pair of tickets to the Rod Ryan Show twenty anniversary party, and then five people that generously shop and make a donation in the nine o'clock hour will also randomly be selected, so it'll be twenty one pair of tickets when we are all said and done today. And then the other thing is the dishwasher thing. I had no idea this is gonna be this big of topic. Love the show. You guys are funny. Real men wash their dishes by hand like me. Lol, rock on. You know who sent that in? No, Randy, he did it.
Speaker 3: He's all man with those dishpanhands, all right, hand washing everything.
Speaker 1: I'm a man, was all right one final time.
Speaker 3: Today Houston's headlines, Please, We're.
Speaker 5: Gonna start with some weather users. A potential cyclone heading toward the Gulf of Mexico. It's expected to become a tropical storm. Tropicals were helen and then forecasters are saying maybe a category three hurricane when it makes landfall on Thursday night.
Speaker 4: So that's what they're monitoring. Between the Florida Panhandle and the northern Gulf Coast Florida.
Speaker 5: The Governor rondasan that has already clearing a state of emergency for dozens of counties there in Florida, many of which are still recovering from hur Kane.
Speaker 4: Debbie. This is the worse.
Speaker 5: I mean, we live in this alley where things hit, but to be struck when things already prepared from the first batch of storms, that's really tough.
Speaker 4: Here in Houston.
Speaker 5: Simone Viles is developing a new restaurant at the Airport Bush Intercontinental in recognition of biles achievements as the world's most decorated gymnast of all time.
Speaker 4: The restaurant will be called Taste of Gold.
Speaker 5: Files is the winner of eleven Olympic medals and thirty World Championship ones. The Houston Airport System says Taste of Gold is now under construction inside Terminal A.
Speaker 4: It'll open near Gate A eight early next year.
Speaker 5: The last full sized Kmart store in the country is closing its doors. The Kmart Bridge Happed to New York location will shut down for good on October twentieth. There's still a smaller one. The last location in Miami isn't much of a Kmart. They recently subleased it, so they had a locations. At its peak, Kmart had twenty three hundred locations in the United States.
Speaker 1: It was our number one store. We did not grow up with Walmart in my hometown. Walmart was not around right.
Speaker 3: That came in later on.
Speaker 4: It was a Kmart shopper.
Speaker 3: There was let's see, there was Kmart.
Speaker 1: There was something called Gold Circle.
Speaker 5: Anybody Gold Circle was something vans Sears Mervins was.
Speaker 3: I didn't see Urvns until I got to New Orleans.
Speaker 1: But that was a clothing store, right, maybe great place to go and get some Hawaiian insurance.
Speaker 6: They have a store here called Wieners.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Wieners.
Speaker 6: When I would come visit my grandmother.
Speaker 1: Check.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that came heart back to schoolmore.
Speaker 1: Kmart ruled up north for sure, and then we would get all of our I mean it was deeply discounted. I told you I got the cheap sneakers there, get your one week you're wearing these tracks t R A x X were the sneakers.
Speaker 3: Okay, you'd have a blowout like a week later. It's like, let's just spend to get.
Speaker 1: Some nikes over here. Okay, I'm getting beat up with these tracks. Yeah.
Speaker 5: So they lease their a bunch of the locations that they you so own. They listened to Home Goods or no, I'm sorry at home. At Home is the new occupant of a lot of these old Kmart stores. But again there are still locations in the US, Virgin Islands, Guam because there's no big box store competition.
Speaker 4: So I mean, really, your your targets, your Walmarts. That's what has done this to poor Kmart.
Speaker 1: I really feel like I'm walking around Kmart in the eighties right now. Yeah, thank you? What is this?
Speaker 6: Came out music? Ma, Ma, Ma, Ma, and they're like little Caesars and a bunch of Kmarts too.
Speaker 1: That came later to like you know, when they started like co opping and bringing in other places. You know, I think I got a couple of Thelure shorts shirts from Kmart.
Speaker 6: Is very hot, the Loore.
Speaker 1: I got some blore and terry cloth. I ha some terry cloth shirts. Okay, you could do the dishes and were it was the same material. Wonderful, Just mops it up right away. You can drive the dishes with your shirt.
Speaker 4: Wonderful. Let's talk about this crazy claim.
Speaker 1: Can we just use this music for everything?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 1: Can this be the new Houston headline? Why not? I love it? All right?
Speaker 4: I grab a cigarette.
Speaker 5: Singer Jaguar Wright, who I've never heard of. Jag Yeah, no idea who she is, but she is making some serious claims online. She says that Diddy sold the tape of one of his freak costs on the dark web for five hundred million dollars. She also says it in human Nah, Jesin Bieber, Drake, Rihanna, and Chris Brown were all there at this party that was sold on the dark web.
Speaker 4: On the dark web.
Speaker 5: Now, she isn't accusing any of these starts of doing anything illegal, but she is saying that, you know, like she's standing by this claim. She's not a tabloid. It's a dubious claim. So should you be skeptical of this?
Speaker 8: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't think it happened. I don't.
Speaker 6: Wanted to do that.
Speaker 1: But there are duck ment in photographs of people at these crazy parties, and the cops have things that they're not showing us because did a weirdo videotaped everything? So are we gonna see a trial of the century and you're gonna see like jay Z being called in and Nicki Minaj and Justin Bieber and all these people that went to these parties.
Speaker 3: Are we gonna see that?
Speaker 6: I don't think so. No, I think something's going to happen.
Speaker 1: I mean, nobody's you think P Diddy's gonna get epsteined.
Speaker 7: I think that there's too many people if this is if all this stuff's true, there's too many people that have.
Speaker 6: Too much power that like, there's no chance he's going to try.
Speaker 4: But are you implicated just because you went?
Speaker 5: Like I think these freak offs are just they were in like a like a sex room and it's like the it's like the grotto, like.
Speaker 4: You want to go via freak nasty. Okay, we'll obviously go to the grotto. Same thing of P Diddy's party.
Speaker 5: It's like, yeah, people are There was a clip of Chloy Kardashi being like, yeah, I just got back.
Speaker 4: From P Diddy's party. Every half the people were butt naked.
Speaker 3: Chloe said that you're right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So but you are asked to come into court, step on the stand and swear testimony to talk about what was going on. So are you going to see these celebrities a conga line of celebrities up and down the courts talking about what happened have been happening.
Speaker 3: That's must watch. That's Court TV.
Speaker 1: That that'll bring back Court TV.
Speaker 4: The after party.
Speaker 5: Yeah, let's talk about Metallica because fans are debating on Reddit what is their saddest song?
Speaker 4: You know, James Heffield has.
Speaker 5: Written a lot about personal matters to him, including relationships and other internal struggles. I love a fan, a good old fashioned fan debate. They are saying, to live is to die fade to black, which is what we're having here.
Speaker 4: Fade to black.
Speaker 5: I have lost the way to live, simply nothing more to give. There's nothing more for me, need the end to set me free. So this is the one Fate of Black that has the most up boats in the Reddit conversation, which is why I chose to, you know, use it for the background.
Speaker 4: There's so many, Mama said, fixed there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you can go look at the other tracks mentioned if you go to the music bog page with this is ex since headlines.
Speaker 1: We gave away a pair of Metallica tickets. It looks like Homeroom got them in the first hour. We'll move them around. Though. If I had to guess where Chili's gonna put Metallica tickets before they go on sale, I would guess tomorrow at seven twenty. He would give you an opportunity to get into that show. Will Chili be here to Anna call? I don't know. I don't know what he's doing tomorrow. He didn't talk to me. Can you tell you what he's doing tomorrow?
Speaker 6: It's on my two don't list?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 3: Well, can you please put me on your to do list? What's going on?
Speaker 1: In sports?
Speaker 6: Sports? Astros lost to the Mariners last night, six to one. They'll play them again this evening.
Speaker 7: Prember Valdez is going to be the map for this show, is going up against Seattle's Logan Gilbert first pitches at seven to ten. You can listen to the game on our sister station, Sports Talk seven to ninety. We had a Monday night football double header last night. The Bills blow out the Jaguars forty seven to ten. Buffalo's Josh Allen through for four touchdowns in the game. Then the Commander's got by the Bengals thirty eight to thirty three. Rookie Jayden Daniels completed twenty one of twenty three passes for two hundred and fifty four yards and two touchdowns. The Bengals start the season oh and three. On the sports blog page today, there was a crazy fight. The video came out of it. It was from the forty nine ers rams game LA. They just fight. That's all I do is this fight games in LA. And the video came out yesterday though, and it's just one dude taking on a bunch of other dudes.
Speaker 6: It's pretty crazy Sports blog page today.
Speaker 5: Dude, there's a chick and she is getting way too involved in like grown ass dude fights.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, ladies if you don't want to get caught.
Speaker 6: It is a common theme in many of these fights you see.
Speaker 4: You know, who I'm talking about this one small girl who.
Speaker 5: Is in there. I'm like, okay, death wish, okay, death wish whatever, that's your business.
Speaker 1: All right, I'm gonna go watch that and The Rod Ryan Morning Show six Am, The Bud ninety four, The Buzz Boo Fighters, and ever long. Things have been pretty quiet on the Dave Roll front, which I'm glad. I didn't want to be coming in every single day with another person coming forward with some more juicy information about Dave's past. Yeah, there was a couple of days where it was a story each and every day, and I was just like, oh god, this is you know, we all lived through that Tiger Wood situation. There was a new girl every two three days. There were Tiger's Angels, they were calling them, and they were just every two or three days. It started with the Perkins waitress, and then it was everything else. You know, while he was married, right, Elan Nordigrin was that his wife? Oh yeah, I think so beautiful Nordic blonde. And then nine girls, just day after day after day were coming forward. I think there was a Charlie Sheen situation too, but there was girls coming forward like every day. I'm like oh, I don't want to open up the news. I don't want to turn on the internet. So that's good. Hopefully we get this Dave Roll stuff behind us. I don't know people still have feelings about it. I get it twenty pc chance of rain party Cloudy hides up around ninety today. It's been really really great morning. You guys have been knocking it out of the park. Let me see Dev's update. So the fun thing that we're doing today is getting you guys to get excited about donating money money going to M d Anderson. Our boobs Rock campaign is up and running the rod Ryan SHOKERAZ online store. You can see it.
Speaker 3: Chili's got it as the first link today.
Speaker 1: So all our new range of T shirts, cooozies, hats, all that stuff, and then there's some older merchandise in there too. Okay, all this money we'll go to our team of doctors that we adopted over at M d Anderson. I'm asking you to go into the store and shop today or make a donation and we will grab and I can see when you bought, when your transaction went through. So I'm looking at orders right now that we're starting at eight o'clock and went to eight fifty nine.
Speaker 3: Five of you have been randomly selected.
Speaker 4: Do you have the names?
Speaker 8: I do.
Speaker 4: Giggling. I'm excited for them, I'm happy for Ruan. I wish I knew their names.
Speaker 1: Okay, six o'clock, one hundred and fifty nine orders. Okay, seven o'clock, two hundred and two orders. Eight o'clock hour, two hundred and fourteen orders. Okay, we're gonna do it at nine o'clock hour. Here guys, keep going.
Speaker 4: Uh Rock, Sanna Poncey, Sana Ponzi.
Speaker 1: Congratulations, you're you're going to the Red Ryan Show. Twenty A Diniversity parts.
Speaker 3: She bought some stickers. Nice Stephen Border bought a couple of T shirts.
Speaker 4: These are great people.
Speaker 1: Dakota zig Rang bought Nice Zigs bought Dakota Zigrang. She bought that classic Don't Fear the Finger T shirt for prostate cancer Awareness.
Speaker 4: Great taste.
Speaker 1: Christian Dobleman bought a T shirt and made a donation and making a twenty dollars donation. Rochelle Richter, those are your five winners from the eight o'clock hour. Thank you everybody that went in there one more hour ago. Thank god those names were somewhat manageable. Haha, those were somewhat manageable. My biggest fear is being asked to, like go to some graduation, like, hey, Rob, would you like to be a celebrity guy that calls out names? I can't do it. I don't know the rules of what I'm putting the wrong in fastest on the wrong salable.
Speaker 3: I don't know how to do it. Okay, I cannot read names.
Speaker 8: I would just go.
Speaker 5: Alex is the best at this, actually, because he says.
Speaker 8: It so good.
Speaker 1: He goes out of his way to make sure.
Speaker 3: To kill these names.
Speaker 1: Right, all right, we'll do it. We'll do it all again. Guys, get in the store. Get in the store. Five of you. Thank you for your generosity today. I love every one of you. I really really do. Concert announcement coming up at ten o'clock. So we're gonna see if we can get that. We're gonna see if we can squeeze that in before we get out of here. I'm gonna give away tickets to that show that's announcing at ten o'clock. Trust me, it's worth it, Okay, trust me. But right now, I got a two hundred dollars Academy Sports An Outdoors gift card. They came to us. You know the deal, twenty days celebrating twenty years. This is our third big week of this, okay, four weeks, so we'll do it all next week. But yeah, twenty days celebrating twenty years A two hundred dollars Academy Sports an Outdoors gift card.
Speaker 3: If you would like that, why don't you call me up now?
Speaker 1: Seven one, three, two nine five Rock and Alternative Fair use to The rod Ryan.
Speaker 8: Morning Show six to ten am.
Speaker 1: The Buzz ninety four five The Buzz. Welcome back rod Ryan's Show. I see you guys getting very busy in the nine o'clock hour in the rod Ryan Show. Cares online store. Uh still up for grabs. Five tickets, five pairs of tickets to the rod Ryan Show twentieth Anniversary Party. Any donations, purchases any size, how large, how small, All qualify for the drawing at ten oclock and five more of you will be drawn to go to the big twentyth anniversary party.
Speaker 3: So thank you, Thank you for that now right now. Academy wanted to.
Speaker 1: Get on board with the rod Ryan Show being on for twenty years, and they gave us a two hundred dollars Academy Sports and Outdoors gift card. And then I asked him, I said, well, can we do it for twenty days? They're like, get out of here. No stupid, I've never heard anything so dumb. And then I said can we do it for twenty days? And they went, okay, we'll do it for twenty days. Good morning, rod Ryan Show. Hello, Hello, who's this? This is Meghan twenty days celebrating twenty years two hundred dollars gift card.
Speaker 4: It's yours whom No way, totally way, Megan, that's awesome.
Speaker 3: How do you put your silverweare in your dishwasher.
Speaker 1: Like the spoon?
Speaker 9: Listen, You're not gonna like the answer, do you know that?
Speaker 3: Jesus Age Christ?
Speaker 1: What's wrong with you guys?
Speaker 9: You're doing has to hit the silverware?
Speaker 1: Literally this My kid uses the term literally all the time. Really, if you put the tongue, the tines of the fork and the spoon pointing down, it's closer to the water jet.
Speaker 3: It's closer.
Speaker 1: There's a water by the plastic. It's not get out of here, you're a maniac.
Speaker 4: Good point, Good point.
Speaker 3: I don't want you an Academy. I don't want you in a good day.
Speaker 1: Academy doesn't even want you in their store.
Speaker 4: It's blocked by the things. I'm gonna start turning mind now.
Speaker 1: Your filthy hands are going in there unloading the dishwasher, and you're grabbing the fork, the part that goes in your mouth.
Speaker 3: What are you an animal?
Speaker 8: It's good for me.
Speaker 1: Okay, Megan, you are the tenth caller. I only took aller ten, so you're lucky.
Speaker 3: Two hundred dollars. Academy sports an outdoors gift card. It's yours.
Speaker 8: Okay, thank you.
Speaker 1: Get yourck together on the dishwasher thing, all right. I had no idea I was gonna get six million emails on this today. Hang on online, it's Alix online, nive the muzz, and then I guess to back up, dumb alex oh. Fift of our audience spoons and forks facing up, wow, thirty three percent facing down, eleven percent, eleven percent?
Speaker 3: Can we all agree that anything goes.
Speaker 1: People like some forks are down, some forks are up. I can't hang out with you.
Speaker 6: I think those are the best people. They're cool. Whatever, dude, No, whatever, life goes at you. The time with this.
Speaker 1: I need some conformity in my life.
Speaker 6: That's what's your problem, dude.
Speaker 3: You just want to conform to You're my problem. What are you doing?
Speaker 7: Today's AOL is called Wrong Number Texts. It's a pretty funny little compilation of a bunch of people sharing texts they got from wrong numbers and their responses.
Speaker 6: Some of them been pretty funny.
Speaker 7: The first one that was shared was we're back in the hospital because.
Speaker 6: Jake said his.
Speaker 7: Behole on fire again, and the response was, you have the wrong number, but please please keep me updated.
Speaker 6: O NFT.
Speaker 7: The other person said oops, sorry, and they said, no, come back. I want to hear everything.
Speaker 1: Wasn't there a grandma and a like a white grandma and a black guys giving. There was a Thanksgiving thing and they still get together on Thanksgiving because of a missed text.
Speaker 3: Or like a wrong text message.
Speaker 7: And there's other ones like mom wants you to call her and then somebody says, who is this? They said, Andrew. They said, wrong number and you got me in an unnecessary thirty minute conversation with my mother.
Speaker 6: So thank you for that.
Speaker 1: Oh that's good, but I'll go checking out.
Speaker 7: These are a bunch of funny responses to wrong number of texts at the orp Fam Miss Rod Ryan Show, Big Buzz dot Com.
Speaker 1: Keep Shopping in the store Bybee, the Right Right Show, celebrating twenty years ninety four or five of the Bus ninety four or five The Buzz, Good Morning, Rob Ryan Show. On this tattoosday, I gotta be honest with you. I've been so busy in the Rob Ryan Shokeres online store call of making sure to see what you guys are ordering and doing.
Speaker 11: All of that.
Speaker 1: And there's a million links up today. I wonder Chilly was a little quiet this morning. I sent him a lot of stuff this morning to put up on the website. I didn't even see the tattooday yacht. I got a half hour.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna go.
Speaker 4: I know it's true. I mean that's been our most popular line.
Speaker 1: The Looking at Girls Block page today by far and away the best link. There's there's good stories on there, there's all kinds of things on there that are interesting, and then of course you know the eye candy and all of that. But the Looking at Girls Block page, it's awesome. It is awesome. Trying to think it was. There was a big birthday today.
Speaker 9: M hm.
Speaker 5: You Alita, maybe somebody, No, I'll think of it. That was yesterday, That was yesterday. Maybe Stephen McMahon Hailey, Well.
Speaker 1: Elizabeth Hurley is a vampire, right, we do. We all agree what we're dealing with is vampiriices with Elizabeth Hurley. She is not that. She's not aging the bod, the face, none of it. Okay, I don't know. And then you get into this thing like I don't know, I don't care what's been done.
Speaker 4: I know, I don't care as long as it's Aesthetically.
Speaker 1: She looks, it's unbelievable how good she looks. She's still like one of the hottest people walking around the planet.
Speaker 3: All Right, what I did send over to Chili?
Speaker 1: I'm I'm there's a band. The name of the band is we were promised jet packs.
Speaker 3: I think there's the name. That's the name of a band.
Speaker 1: I know where they're going because I feel like we were promised jet packs. When I was a little kid, there was a guy at some probably some early super Bowl at some college stadium with a bunch of college kids playing that Rice playing the halftime. It might have been Rice, and there was a damn jet pack and I'm like, yeah, we need those. How many years off are we from that? Ten fifteen years? Awesome? It should be here. That means i'd be I mean cruiser aund in one of those for about thirty years now.
Speaker 3: Right, No jet packs?
Speaker 6: No jet pack?
Speaker 1: Why don't we all have them?
Speaker 6: Because then they.
Speaker 4: Start have cyber trucks. We have cyber trucks, I know.
Speaker 1: But then is Elon Musk because he's got the cars, he's got the rockets. Is there any talk of flying cars? Is that a thing?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 4: They want you to pay a million dollars for the regular use cars right now.
Speaker 1: Flying cars, it'd be a jillion dollars. I thought we'd have flying cars by now. I don't know that anyone's working on it. But what I did find out they're working on is flying shopping carts.
Speaker 2: Is this the best?
Speaker 1: Is this the best use of our time? Does any now listen? I get it. I get the one with the Janki wheel all the time too. Okay. The robotics team in South Korea, they're developing something called a palin trone, which is a combination of a palette and a drone, and it's an improvement on the shopping cart. It can go over any kind of terrain, including up and downstairs some of these agbs. Now you know you got the you gotta have that elevator take your cart down.
Speaker 6: Okay, other than stairs.
Speaker 7: One specific instance, when have you ever encountered rough terrain growing through a grocery store?
Speaker 6: You're like, oh no, and you forgot there are mountains here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then gravel road in the dairy eye, and no one's going to know how to drive these things. You're gonna mow over some old lady getting her mirlax. Yeah, because you're because your palindrone went out of control.
Speaker 6: So not necessary.
Speaker 1: The current version of the current version of the palintrone, it's really not that smart. They're being honest about it. It can hover at a certain height and I don't think it even holds like a gallon of milk. Okay, it's like six pounds.
Speaker 6: Where is this a shopping gut for ants?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Basically maybe so maybe so. Basically so if you leave the cart in the middle of the parking lot right now, is going to remain stationary, at least until it runs out of batteries. So there's a solution on the battery life problem. They're working on that. There's like a docking system, but they say, don't plan on these things coming to ALD or Target anytime soon. Early testing phases right now, So I don't talk to me until it's ready.
Speaker 3: That's what I feel.
Speaker 1: If you want to see some footage of the Palintrone, it's not a finished product. Who knows when we're going to get it. Probably never. It's probably like the damn jet pack. So if you want to just tease your senses.
Speaker 6: And never, it's probably a bad idea too.
Speaker 3: Like what's bad idea about?
Speaker 7: People wouldn't use it right and they would like a lot of chaos would happen with that would be extremely chaotic.
Speaker 6: It's right, people aren't great at driving, but like picture that but in the sky, but.
Speaker 3: You would need air roads and air traffic.
Speaker 7: It's gotten fall down and so people are just crushed by cars or far because people are they can't drive in the sky either.
Speaker 3: You have to have floating stop signs, that sort of thing.
Speaker 6: They'd drop somehow.
Speaker 7: You gotta I mean you just watching TV a sky stop sign and fall through your roof and kill you.
Speaker 4: We needed to work on the infrastructure we have. There's pole holes, everywhere.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well.
Speaker 3: You got a cart that can't even carry a game on a milk that, but it's floating on the ground. They're working on that.
Speaker 8: Cool.
Speaker 3: Gotta start something, You gotta, you gotta, you gotta crawl before you walk.
Speaker 10: The rod Ryan Show on ninety five of us we go.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five The Buzz Good Morning rod Ryan Show. It's switch Foot Meant to Live. Man, it seems like Blue October has been out on tour with them forever and they were I can't wait to talk to Justin and to ask him because he really, I mean, the dude's always so positive and he's uplifting.
Speaker 3: Except for when he decided.
Speaker 1: Did you guys catch this? I you know, Justin's got a girlfriend, and he's had a girlfriend for a while now because he's split from his wife about the same time I did, and he got a divorce. He's got a girlfriend, and he finally just said, you know what, I'm going to keep this to music. You guys, I don't want them me. I don't want the negativity on here. Justin is the He is the sweetest, nicest guy ever. That positivity is no bs. You're thinking, okay when he's on the air with you, Rodney's on the microphone, or he's up on stage and he's talking about all these things. He must shut that off and then he's a different guy. He's not. But I saw that, and I don't know that I would bring this up to him, but he said that he was no longer going to put personal things. He took over the Blue October Instagram years ago and he was putting Gunner, his kids on there, all that stuff's putting all those updates, and people loved because they love him so much, they love the whole band. But Justin's the he's the guy, he's the main guy. And I just think that he didn't like seeing stuff written about his girlfriend. He's like, okay, you guys win, I'm just gonna keep it about the band now.
Speaker 6: Someone else's relationship is none of your business.
Speaker 4: Well, people like one version of you.
Speaker 3: But that broke my heart.
Speaker 4: People like people like one version of you, Okay, you know what I mean. And I think we're lucky when people even share that.
Speaker 5: He doesn't have to share anything with us about that personal set. Like you said, Alice says, no one's business, you know, And it's.
Speaker 3: Been it's my decision. I.
Speaker 1: You know, there's been a couple of times where I've posted pictures of London on our Instagram, and that's the rod Ryan Show Instagram.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't be able to handle a bad comment.
Speaker 1: I just wouldn't. I wouldn't handle it well, you know, and I try not to go look at all the stuff. Somebody, a wise person once said to me, you know, when you put something up there, if it's especially if it's you, you know, you read a couple of comments. If they're good, get.
Speaker 4: Out, get out, Get out while you still have the chance.
Speaker 3: Get out and you feel good about yourself.
Speaker 1: Don't go reading every single thing to see because you're going to find something. You're going to find somebody going Ronie put on a few pounds. You know, there's gonna be one of those in.
Speaker 6: There, you know.
Speaker 1: I was like, wow, boy, I remember that go tee looking at that white before. Dude, what's going on with you? How old are you?
Speaker 4: That's my favorite? You're gaining weight again?
Speaker 1: Coo, Yeah, thank you, read a couple of.
Speaker 3: Good comments and go. So I don't know where I was going with all of this.
Speaker 1: I was saying that Blue October had done so many shows with Switchfoot, and he was posting a ton of stuff of the two singers up on stage together. They were doing some stuff and really just looking like they're enjoying each other's company, love going out on tour together. I wouldn't be surprised if you see a blue October switch Foot tour again.
Speaker 3: They really look like they enjoyed being on the road.
Speaker 1: With each other.
Speaker 8: That's it.
Speaker 3: Those switch Foot guys are so nice though.
Speaker 1: Little cutesies. Yeah, little cutie, little cutie Kins him and his brother, the bass player.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're little surfer guys.
Speaker 1: All right, we're gonna give you twenty more minutes in the Rod Ryan show Cares online store. Thank you, thank you, thank you for continuing to shop. Jennifer says, Hey, brother Rod, I made a couple of purchases today in the store. I would love it if you all brought back the boobs Rock fanny pack. I don't even jen I don't even remember the fanny pack.
Speaker 6: I recall it.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying that we didn't have one. I imagine it was probably a long time ago. I don't remember a boobs Rock fanny pack because normally I have like one of everything laying around somewhere.
Speaker 4: But it's been so many years that I did purchase fanny pack at some point.
Speaker 1: Maybe it was that one rock fanny pack like in your time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, really I had a pack. I don't remember that you remember it.
Speaker 6: How much of your closet is just rod Ryan Show stuff?
Speaker 7: Because I was cleaning out some stuff the other day and I was like, I think I have one hundred thousand rod Ryan Show shirts, A.
Speaker 3: A narcissistic amount.
Speaker 1: I would be embarrassed for someone to go through my racks and racks of T shirts and not really know what's going on.
Speaker 3: And like Jesus Christ, this guy I love loves himself his own shirts. There is a million Ryan t shirts.
Speaker 1: All right, let's go. What are you giving away? I know the show here.
Speaker 4: I have left a pair of tickets to see. Can I even say this?
Speaker 1: No, you cannot say. When I asked you, I said, oh my god, please don't read that. I'm not.
Speaker 4: It seems important.
Speaker 1: There's no I'll tell you there is a concert announcement coming at ten o'clock. We're going to give away a pair of tickets. Even at the time that I give them away you want them, I won't be able to tell.
Speaker 4: You what it is that you really want them.
Speaker 1: Right before we leave and we give the keys to Jeremy, I'll tell you what the concert is, all right, and then I'm sure they're going to the rest of the team is going to give away tickets. It's a big concert announcement. We're gonna giveway the first pair of tickets coming.
Speaker 8: Up The rod Ryan Morning Show, six, The Buzz, nine.
Speaker 3: The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 1: Okay, guys, ten minutes to go in the store to try to win some rod Ryan showed twenty anniversary party tickets. A concert announcement coming up at ten. I cannot tell you. I'm just gonna tell you whatever question she comes up with. You want to win these. You want to win these concert announcement coming at ten. That's what you're calling and playing know the show for I will I will never turn you away.
Speaker 3: By the end of the show, I'm going to tell you what it is.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm gonna do the concert announcement and if we got to stay until ten, we'll do it.
Speaker 3: Okay, go ahead, I set the table. What's your question?
Speaker 4: Uh, someone tell me.
Speaker 5: Oh, so we were talking about Kmart, how they're that last like Big Stories closing in New York at the end of October. Tell me what brand of shoes did rod wear from Kmart and I need a spelling for them?
Speaker 4: Please?
Speaker 1: Oh that was Rodney Ryan. Yep, yeah, Rodney Ryan, those horrible sneakers seven one three two one two five nine four five If you know the brand.
Speaker 7: Hey, Alexa, play ninety four point five the Buzz on iHeartRadio, getting.
Speaker 1: Ninety four point five.
Speaker 8: It's the bus station from iHeart the.
Speaker 1: Roan Show on the bus nine the buzz.
Speaker 3: Good Morning, rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 1: That's Pearl Jam. You knew that right, that's better Man rod Ryan Show. Getting ready to wrap things up?
Speaker 3: Why are we so early?
Speaker 1: Why, Alex? Why are we early? I mean, Jermy yells at us all the time like we're always running late. Jemmy doesn't yell we are early, af right, now, try to do something right one time. I can't do the content.
Speaker 3: I cannot do the concert announcement right now.
Speaker 8: I can't.
Speaker 1: You can't.
Speaker 3: No, you need to Hell no, I can't.
Speaker 4: Let's do everything else and we'll just leave the listener on hold.
Speaker 6: Just take a long time to do everything. Talk half the speed, work work exactly.
Speaker 4: You got it?
Speaker 1: You get it. Hey, guys, I hope you had a great start to your day. I did because of your generosity, and I cannot wait. I live for the numbers and I cannot wait to see what you guys did. In the nine o'clock hour, another five names will be drawn and they will be contacted via email. Chiley has been emailing everybody, and trust me, everyone has emailed back. So there's some people that said, hey, I missed you saying my name on the air. You didn't miss it, Okay, you don't want to hear me read a list of names, so you will be contacted. And I feel like everybody that has been contacted that one tickets to the rod ryanshow twentyth aniversary party. They wrote back already and they're very, very excited. So five more of you drawn in the next it's not too late, four minutes, three and a half minutes now to get that in meeting your order. Any purchase or donation in this hour gets you in the drawing for one of five pair of tickets. All right, let's go do.
Speaker 3: Let's get this person on the air with I Know the show on ninety four to five.
Speaker 6: The buzz La La La la la La La la la la la la.
Speaker 12: La la La.
Speaker 1: Five fifty seven. No, purely three minutes.
Speaker 3: Surely can't do it.
Speaker 1: Good morning, rod Ryan Show, Good morning, the big concert announcement coming up?
Speaker 3: Who's this is it?
Speaker 1: Brett? Don't ask any questions, Brett ask, don't say a word. Well, hang nothing, you so quick your head'll spin. You have won tickets to the concert that I'm about to announce. Just tell us, no, come on, I can't come on.
Speaker 3: All right, Brett, you're allowed to talk, Okay, I mean.
Speaker 1: That's good, that's a good feeling.
Speaker 3: Right, you have tickets to the show.
Speaker 4: Wait, we haven't even asked. He didn't even answer the question.
Speaker 1: Oh that's right, come on, get that bell out of here. What's your questions?
Speaker 4: Answer question?
Speaker 2: Brett?
Speaker 4: Tell me what brand of shoes? Said Rob Little Rodney Ryan By from Kmart tracks? You smell it.
Speaker 11: D R A X I.
Speaker 1: It was two exes, but s X smell off media.
Speaker 4: Issue, all right, yeah, the other but I thought it was to don't look it up.
Speaker 3: I might be wrong on that, but he had to show. He had to be listening to know that I wore tracks.
Speaker 1: All right, Brett, Uh, you are the winner. On the show, and you have won the very first pair of tickets. Say to me five seconds. Say it, you sharp, You want the very first pair of tickets to go see Lincoln Park. Lincoln Park, Lincoln Park announcing a tour. Now you got to hear the words that are coming out of my mouth. You just want a pair of tickets to see Lincoln Park Live November eight, Globe Life Field in Arlington with bad Omens, Jean Dawson and Helmet. Tickets go on sale this Friday at ten am through Live nation dot Com.
Speaker 3: Guys, no Houston days, no Houston dates.
Speaker 1: Oh great, but they're playing Dallas and I still wanting to give away tickets. So Brett, you gotta get your ass to Dallas. But you in the very first pair of tickets to go see Lincoln Park. That's so awesome. Thank you.
Speaker 9: Guys.
Speaker 1: You don't listen. I thought it was awesome too, and it doesn't. It's a big announcement. Now, are they going to come through again and do all of this? I'm sure they are, But as of right now, that's it. Lincoln Park.
Speaker 3: The closest thing they have to us is a Dallas show, and Brett is in.
Speaker 1: There's your ten o'clock concert announcement at nine fifty nine. All right, Brett, congratulations, thanks for robbing on.
Speaker 6: All right, thank y'all.
Speaker 1: Let's wrap this show up. Man fresh out of bed, head to head traffic copter Jim became a one pump jump today. Sean was on fire. He's gonna play game number two tomorrow. Tat Tuesday number one link today. It was phenomenal. I did take a look at it. Rod Ryan Showkeres online store trending all morning long. You guys are unbelievable. Thank you.
Speaker 3: We're gonna be contacting people in just minutes from now.
Speaker 1: The five winners that shopped and donated in the nine o'clock hour, thank you. Thank you to everybody had BMP. Dev's been keeping me up on all this stuff all morning long. So many orders, so much money raised today. Thank you. Shout out to Rod's pronunciation. Great thanks he did. Great ex pole argument. More of you are putting your forks and spoons facing down in the dishwasher a la Alex than the proper Way concert announcement. You're hearing it right now. Will continue to give away more Metallica tickets. Okay, as the as the week goes on tomorrow's wild Card Wednesday, ChIL he's going to be out in the seven o'clock hour. He did say he's going to be out in the seven Yeah, so he's leaving. That means Bobby Jokes will be in. Jeremy is up next NonStop noon or pick your tickets with him. I don't know if he's getting these Lincoln Park tickets right away.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: You have to ask him. Ask him what you can win. What's on the chopping block? Okay, golf tournament. We need more sponsors and things like that. Please contact me or click the link. Rod Ryan Show Socials at Rob Ryan's Show Tesla's on Houston Life today at one o'clock and there you have it. I know some of you are not happy that there is not a Houston date, but we will support this Dallas date and we will give away tickets the rest of the week to go see Lincoln Park Live November eighth, Global Life Field in Arlington, bad Omens, Jean Dawson and Helmet.
Speaker 3: Why don't you beat up Jeremy for some tickets?
Speaker 1: All right? There you go going out with what I said today on the show. The best song on the radio right now, it's this Lincoln Park track. Thank you again for your generosity. I love every single one of you. Tomorrow it doesn't get any slower. As a matter of fact, it gets faster because we got chilly out then I'm going to be out in the evening giving away tickets. Tomorrow is going to be a wild one.
Speaker 2: Ams Well, wasn't that fun.
Speaker 1: If you missed any of the show to day, all the good stuff will be podcasts. Check it out on the world famous Ron Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com.