Speaker 1: This is Dan Capless and welcome to today's online podcast edition of The Dan Caplis Show. Please be sure to give us a five star rating if you'd be so kind, and to subscribe, download, and listen to the show every single day on your favorite podcast platform.
Speaker 2: So Dan Capless is knee deep in depositions or something to that effect. That means you're stuck with me and the alluring Kelly Kacheriff I may use that adjective not sure she hasn't approved it, so I'm go I have to check with her. Ryan schuling with you. The Dan Capliss Pregame Show continues extended edition for those of you listening in Denver and those of you listening in Pueblo and Fort Collins and all points in between and around. We appreciate you tuning in on this Tuesday edition as we sprint toward the finish of the month of July.
Speaker 3: In August, what does it hold?
Speaker 2: While the Democratic National Convention is coming up that'll start on Monday the nineteenth, where presumably Vice President Kamala Harris will be named an anointed the official nominee of a Democratic party that did not hold a vote with her in it.
Speaker 3: She did not win a single.
Speaker 2: Delegate, but the powers that be, the elites within the party, they have come down from on high and determined that she will be their nominee for President of the United States. You can always send your text throughout today's program five seven, seven, three nine, start those Dan. You can also call us win eight five to five, four zero five eight two five five. We welcome your calls throughout today's program between.
Speaker 3: Four and six.
Speaker 2: Now, I just had Kelly reach out to my good friend Danielle Jirinsky. She is a member of the City Council for Aurora, and there have been some troubling developments in the city of Aurora over these last forty eight hours or so. Danielle posted this at just after ten am yesterday, and we've reached out to her to appear on the program. We're hoping at the bottom of this hour and Dan maybe back by then as well. But I'll just read you the post. All right, Kelly, what do you got breaking news?
Speaker 4: Yes, breaking news.
Speaker 2: Dan will be joining us at five.
Speaker 3: Dan will be joining us at five. Yes, what about Danielle?
Speaker 2: We don't have any all right, Well, she might have heard me right now, So Bat signals out for Danielle Jurinsky, and she posted the following quote to the people of Aurora. I need you to know the severity of and the flat out truth about what is going on in Aurora. The media won't make a big deal about it, and we'll try to downplay it. Some of my own colleagues would probably even tell you there's nothing to see here. Last night, from roughly six pm to eleven PM, the city of Aurora was taken over at the intersection of Mississippi and Havana. You will see that Venezuelan flags are flying. The shopping centers were invaded, and cars trapped in the streets were shut down. There are reports of assaults, theft, and gunshots in the air. I have not heard of any reported deaths. I am told that these folks were quote celebrating unquote the loss of the current Venezuelan leader, that would be Nicholas Maduro. But a lot is, of course transpired in the time since he has arrested control of set election, rigged it in his own favor. The people are revolting, and I think this is going to tip on whether or not the military supports the people in their uprising and the revolution against Maduro, or that they serve as the strong arm of Maduro against those revolting, and.
Speaker 3: That could get very ugly, very quickly.
Speaker 2: Continuing now with Danielle Jorinsky's post about Aurora and the Venezuelans therein quote, thousands of these folks took over and completely shut down a part of our city. The police were totally overrun and we're forced to get out of the area for their safety.
Speaker 3: A police car was shot up. This is the United States of America. This is in your city. Please please spread the word. This November's election.
Speaker 2: May in fact be the actual most important of your lives, your children's lives, and your grandchildren's lives. Again, you all deserve the truth. I have included multiple photos and emails that came in, and I'll do my best to describe these, because I know you can't see them listening.
Speaker 3: Where you are.
Speaker 2: I see a big kind of conglomeration of cars. It looks to be like a tailgating tent. There are people in and around and on said vehicles in this parking lot. And I believe actually this is a street that looks like a parking lot if not mistaken. A couple other photos here looks to be some definite damage to some cars, windows busted out and so forth. An overhead shot here, a pretty clear one by Danielle that shows a road basically is to her point, shut down. And what I'm trying to get at, what I hope we can ask Danielle about, is what is the why behind this? If the Venezuelans that are here we're fleeing Nicholas Maduro and that common regime, well, that, in my view, is a viable claim for asylum. It is the reason why Cuban Americans have come here in the past. It is the reason why my mother and her parents came here fleeing from the communist dictator Tito in Yugoslavia nineteen fifty. Fleeing a communist regime and a dictatorship, whether it's China or the former Soviet Union, is a valid claim for asylum. Again, that's my opinion, and that's my view, and that's usually what the United States has done. So if you come here from Venezuela, the presumption would be that you don't want any part of what the regime in charge Maduro was doing in that communist dictatorship, which restricted the rights of individuals to the point now where he's basically willing to overturn the results of a fraudulent election in which he was trailing. It would appear by thirty points based on exit polls in that country where at least the people tried to speak up and speak out and through the peaceful process of the vote of the ballot box, houst a communist dictator, which I don't know that that's ever been done. I don't even know why they're staging these elections when I think we know going in that they were going.
Speaker 3: To be rigged.
Speaker 2: That's what communist regimes do, That's what Fidel Castro did in Cuba, That's what the Soviet Union did. And of course, the famous quote from Joseph Stalin, it's not who votes, but who counts the votes. And so I'm very curious as to why the Venezuelans that are here, who I welcome, if they want to assimilate, become Americans, speak our language, adhere to our culture and customs, and embrace the American dream. Legal Venezuelan immigrants, I think, have every opportunity to be here and make the most of that life if they contribute to our society and play by the rules and follow our immigration laws. All of that notwithstanding, I don't know how many of these gathered that came here legally illegally circumvented the process. But it goes back to my central point that I've made for many months and maybe even years now, and that is, if your first act as a person entering our country is to break and disregard our laws on immigration, what motivation or incentive is there for you to follow any of our laws. So what we see here in this gathering is a lot of lawlessness, disrespect for the rule of law, for order in a community Aurora that you should be embracing. And again this is important assimilating too. It doesn't mean you cut ties to all of your heritage. I'm very proud of my Serbian heritage and my grandparents coming here. But when they came here, they wanted to be Americans. They came here for a reason. It wasn't just to transplant themselves recreate a Yugoslavian culture here in the United States. It was a different time, however, and what my grandfather had to do as he improved his English, and he spoke very good English. As a matter of fact was fined in the city of Saint Louis, and there were many of these same kinds of experiences in Chicago, in in Pittsburgh, throughout the Upper Midwest where a lot of Serbs settled, working class, blue collar automotive industry. And my grandfather worked at Anheuser Bush at least during the winters when he wasn't running his farm in southern Illinois, but there were Serbian Orthodox churches that you would gather, and in that environment, you're all kind of looking out for each other. And there was an element of this to many ethnic groups that came over to the United States, whether it was the Irish in New York City or the Italians in New York City, and then throughout this country. And I think it's beautiful and a wonderful thing in a melting pot that America is, and that we have all embraced and we should when people come here and they want to contribute maybe something from their own culture. And we see so many great ethnic restaurants around here for that very reason. But the bottom line is, again, you're not just separating yourself from your former country and then recreating it here. You are an American now. You live in the United States, that should mean something to you and you should want to contribute to the experience. So when the Venezuelans gather here, and I have no doubt that their celebratory and enthused about the potential of Maduro being deposed, But you really contradict your whole ethos and process here by creating disturbances in the streets shooting a gun off in the air. This is completely unacceptable and reckless behavior. So I want to kind of sort through this and acknowledge that the Venezuelans, you know, maybe in good faith and interests, were just jubulant about the fact that maybe their home country was going to get rid of a communist dictator.
Speaker 3: That's great, But the means and the method here.
Speaker 2: That's what's in question of what is going on and where are the Aurora police. I'd like to hear from Mayor Mike Kaufman on this as well. John Fabricatory had a tweet about this, and I talked to him earlier about a different subject, but I want to reach out to him about this as well. I'll read that for you when we come back. Your thoughts on it. In addition, five seven seventy three nine start those texts. Dan call in as well eight five five four zero five eight two five five, Ryan Schuling continuing with the Dan Caplis's pregame show until he gets here at five back.
Speaker 3: After this and now back to the Dan capliss Show podcast.
Speaker 5: The Klan was what we would call today a domestic terrorist group.
Speaker 6: Why why would we call them domestic terrorist group?
Speaker 5: Because they tried to use fear and forced to change political environment?
Speaker 6: And what was the motivation for the use of fear.
Speaker 5: And force based on race and ethnicity? Right?
Speaker 6: Are you aware of the perception of many about how the power and the discretion at ICE is being used to enforce the laws? And do you see any parallels.
Speaker 5: I do not see any parallels between I'm talking about perceptions and agents.
Speaker 6: I'm talking about perception.
Speaker 5: I do not see a parallel between what is constitutionally mandated as it relates to enforcing the law.
Speaker 6: Are you aware that there's a perception No, Are you aware that there's a perception.
Speaker 5: ICE in the same category as the KKK.
Speaker 2: Are you aware, Vice President Harris, that there's a perception that you have done literally nothing to help with the border crisis, with the illegals flooding into our states and cities, that sanctuary status has in fact invited illegals to come here, despite your lame, weak protestations to the contrary, where you just stood there at electorn and said don't come, don't come. That is not effective border policy. And she knows that. I think this is a cheap cynical play. This is from when she was a senator November twenty eighteen, almost six years ago, but when she was flocked way to the left on this issue, she was comparing immigration and customs enforcement to the KKK with a straight face. Now it was a cheap, cynical political play for points from the left, but she said it, and I believe she meant it, and if she tries to undo it, well good luck to her. This is the person who America is going to choose between either her or Donald Trump when it comes to border policy and enforcement. And she is not a serious person if she is willing to cartoonishly compare ice to the ku Klux Klan, an organization she couldn't even say, by the way.
Speaker 6: So I want to return to the question that Senator Peters asked you about the statement you made describing the Democratic Party as liberal critic or neo klanist, which was I think the assumption there was that you were comparing it to the ku kux Klan Ku klux Klan, the KKK.
Speaker 3: Ku klux Klan.
Speaker 2: There are two l's or zero l's in the first part of that term, the KKK. But again, this is not a serious person. She has breezed through life unseeriously unchallenged, largely, whether it was her appointment as a local DA, her race against an incumbent in an attorney general's race in California with no serious Republican opposition, her race against a fellow Democrat to become a senator there were no Republicans seriously contending in that race. Her appointment as Vice President of the United States without having to win herself a single vote, something she could not do in a Democratic primary in twenty twenty. Think about the least path of resistance that this person, Kamala Harris a true embodiment of a DEI hire. Because Joe Biden himself said that he had a list of four qualified black women to choose from for his vice presidential running mate, he narrowed the list on that basis.
Speaker 3: I didn't do that. None of us did that.
Speaker 2: That's DEI at work and in place, and that's why in large parts she was selected.
Speaker 3: Think about the field. Go back to that. Think about the field.
Speaker 2: In twenty twenty, a vast array of candidates in that primary election that Joe Biden would end up winning and securing the nomination from there was Pete buddhaj Edge, Bernie Sanders, Tulca Gabbard, Elizabeth Warren, Amy Klobashar. There were some pretty talented people on that side, a lot of whom I think are.
Speaker 3: Buffoonish in nature.
Speaker 2: But that's beside the point that if you were a Democrat, there was a lot to choose from. But all of those people I just said were booted from the evaluation process for consideration because they didn't check two boxes O sensibly black, which Kamala Harris is half Jamaican, half Indian. Not that it should matter. I don't think it should matter, but it mattered to them. Tulsey Gabbard is Hawaiian native. Nah, that's not good enough. That's not a powerful enough DEI play in the calculation of the Democratic Party. So yes, I will undermine everything about Kamala Harris because we hear crap like you just heard from that hearing in November twenty eighteen, or she insulted anybody having to do with immigration, customs, border enforcement at all, the hard working men and women of that entire organization that's trying to keep America safe. She reduced them to an analogy with the ku Klux Klan.
Speaker 3: This is not a serious person. I cannot stress that enough.
Speaker 2: But the further point to be made here is that if we elect Kamala Harris's president, what we saw over the last forty eight to seventy two hours in Aura, you can multiply that tenfold because she will have an open border's policy that would make Joe Biden blush if he knew what was going on, which he does not. It's got a Gina in Aurora commenting on the riots in that very city. Gina will into the program.
Speaker 7: Hi, thank you. I just wanted to say, you know, my my girlfriend lives over in that neighborhood, Like I mean, it's walking distance to that target, and she called me and was extremely upset. I had no idea what was going on. She also said, first she thought it was like five hundred people, but it was more like four or five thousand people. She said the next day that the Target parking lot was completely trushed and the Target employees were out there trying to clean it up, and actually people from the neighborhood came to help them clean. You know, they had to shut down the store. I mean, people that maybe needed to get their medication couldn't get their medication because there's a pharmacy in that store.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 7: There's nothing mentioned on the APD website, nothing really, not much mentioned at all on social media except for you know, Daniel Danielle and is it John.
Speaker 3: Fabricatory, That's correct.
Speaker 7: I think we're the only two that I've really seen anybody, you know, saying anything. I am just absolutely disgusted. My girlfriend told me that when it first started, if APD had shut it down when it first started, this would not blown up. And then to just sit back and again, I mean, do we have another Vanessa Wilson chief of police on our hands? I mean, I cannot believe. And the buck stops with her. The mayor is a is not a strong mayor in Aurora. He is a tiebreaker vote. So you know, I don't know if we can really blame anything on him, but I blame the chief of police.
Speaker 2: Gina very well said thank you so much for that and that she is in Aurora. Gina, I appreciate your first hands perspective, especially from your friend. We had to hit this hard break here and Danielle Jorinski will be joining us on the other side. According to Kelly John Fabricatory posted on x last night and Aurora, groups of Venezuelans took over the streets, block traffic, shot firearms after the elections were announced in their country. The reports of assaults, thefts, in a police car being shot at. A local Aurora councilwoman posted multiple pictures to her Facebook and relayed complaints from local citizens. That local Aurora consolwoman is Danielle Jerinsky and she joins me next Ryan Schuling in for Dan Caplis.
Speaker 3: You're listening to the Dan Kaplis Show podcast.
Speaker 5: Is that where you're asking me?
Speaker 6: No, I'm very specific about what I'm asking. Are you aware of a perception that the way that the discretion I'm not finished, I'm not finished. I'm not finished. Are you aware that there's a perception that ICE is administering its power in a way that is causing fear and intimidation, particularly among immigrants and specifically among immigrants coming from Mexico and Central America. Are you aware of that perception.
Speaker 5: I do not see a parallel between the power and the authority that ICE has to do its job and the agents and officers who do it professionally and excellently with lots of compassion.
Speaker 2: If you want more of what has been happening in Aurora, then go right ahead and vote for Vice President Kamala Harris. This was from a hearing November twenty eighteen, in which Senator Harris, then Senator Harris compared our ICE officers to the ku Klux Klan, directly, unabashedly, without hesitation and voice concerns that our ICE officers, well, they're.
Speaker 3: Too mean and they might even be racist like the KKK.
Speaker 2: So it stands to reason that there will be an avalanche of migrants, immigrants illegals flooding to our border knowing that Kamala welcomes them because that is her stated policy position, and she has done nothing in her role supposedly as borders are or however you wanted to find it, she was put in charge of the border, full stop, point blank, that's what happened, no matter what revisionist history.
Speaker 3: The media tries to visit upon it.
Speaker 2: And if she had been a success, they'd be touting it from the mountaintops. But she was a failure, so they're trying to bury it. But you can't bury what's happening right now in Aurora and joining us now. She's a member of the city council there and it was her post that drew attention from John Fabricatory, who is a former ice officer himself and a candidate in the sixth congressional district Republican against incumbent Democrat Jason Crowe and their district encompasses Aurora. Danielle Jerinsky our guest, Danielle, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 4: Thanks for having me.
Speaker 3: Now take us through the post.
Speaker 2: What first happened, how it came to your attention, and what you know about it at this point?
Speaker 1: Sure.
Speaker 4: So, how it first came to my attention was Sunday night, I was putting my son to bed in all of us sudden police officers themselves started reaching out to me and saying, hey.
Speaker 8: Are you aware of what's going on?
Speaker 4: Do you know what's happening? Multiple officers reached out to me, and I said, what is going on? So they started sending me photos, and they started sending me videos, and they started telling me what was going on. Now, I will say I was not personally out there, but I think there's enough video footage and pictures to explain what happened to include a police car being shot, And there is an actual police report number for a lot of this stuff. Some of the media is already trying to downplay this. There's actual police report numbers for some of this.
Speaker 2: Now, following up on that, Danielle, you were saying, rank and file Aurora PD officers are reaching out to you. I find that interesting. And concerning the chief of police, there is still how the Morris. She was interim, but does she permanent She is the interim.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, she's still interim.
Speaker 2: Okay, and in that role. What's going on here is she made a public comment.
Speaker 3: Of any kind.
Speaker 4: As far as I know, she has not made a public comment of any kind. She called me directly yesterday and we spoke about the incident and she confirmed that one person was graised with a bullet. There was an overwhelming amount of theft in the stores in that area, that happened. She confirmed the police vehicle, so she called me and she learned confirmed a lot of things, but I don't believe that she had made a public statement, and even the city itself is just putting out a very generic statement sort of downplaying this. So that's why I decided to make the post that I did, to get the attention that it got, because the people of Aurora, and quite frankly, the people of Colorado, deserve to know the truth that they're not going to get from the media.
Speaker 3: Well, this is different media, of course.
Speaker 2: Daniel Chirinsky joining me Ryan Shulding in temporarily for Dan kaplis here today talking about the events in Aurora where a large group of Venezuelan nationals gathered to celebrate, ostensibly the ousting of Nicholas Maduro, although we know that in real time that has not happened to this point, that there was an overturning of the election results, and there's some riots and protests going on down there in Venezuela. But it brings me back to the central point here, Danielle, which is did this group did any members of this group have a permit together? Was this a spontaneous gathering. What explanation have you gotten.
Speaker 4: I know that there was no permit, and it seems that it was spontaneous. Obviously no intel picked this up, so it seems like it was spontaneous.
Speaker 2: So in that vein that you said you had a conversation with the interim Chief of Police and Aurora, Heather Morris. What was the explanation given as to why it was allowed to escalate to the point that we're seeing here in your post.
Speaker 4: Yes, I wasn't really given a reason, Ryan, I was pretty much just told that the situation was being monitored and that they're reviewing footage drone footage to try and identify some of these people that were shooting off into the air, that shot the cop car, that shot whoever the civilian is that was grazed by a bullet. I was told they are reviewing footage. Mind you, Ryan, they're reviewing footage of folks that did not enter this country legally. So I don't know how they're going what the plan is there to place faces names with those faces, But I myself am even given very generic answers.
Speaker 3: Daniel Jerinsky our guest.
Speaker 2: She's a member of the Aurora City Council and trying to parse through the details here.
Speaker 3: I'm very confused, Danielle.
Speaker 2: I'm sure you are too, And maybe some of our listeners in Aurora are trying to piece this together because it's very unsettling. And I don't want to impugne members of Auror REPAD because some of them reached out to you and I had have to believe they didn't want this to happen. But they're blocking businesses, they're blocking traffic, they're firing off weapons.
Speaker 3: I guess that the logical.
Speaker 2: End of this would be, at what point does Aurora PD step in and stop this madness?
Speaker 3: Again? How did it?
Speaker 2: How did it get to escalate to this point without A or rep D at least showing hey, hey, what's going on here, let's settle down, let's kind of, you know, keep this in line.
Speaker 3: Nobody did that, it appears.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So Interim Chief Heather Morris told me that there were forty officers deployed. But the number that I have been given, and I'm not sure how PD put this together. Maybe it is the aerial footage, the drone footage is that this was roughly five thousand people, so dispatching forty officers for five thousand people. Obviously, that's going to go nowhere quick. When I was on the phone Sunday night with folks going back and forth about this, in my opinion, Ryan, the National Guard should have been called in. Yes, our governor should have stepped in.
Speaker 3: That's just what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I'm just trying to follow the logic here, and there is none that if five thousand people can gather and have this unruly type of behavior and not be rained in, at what point would what you just said be enacted?
Speaker 3: If at all?
Speaker 2: Is it because it's Venezuelan's and they don't want to out whoever there is illegal in this country, and then they're not going to cooperate with ICE I mean, unfortunately, because it's a vacuum, there's a void people are going to fill in with their own assumptions and details rather than getting it straight from the police Chief Heather Morris as.
Speaker 3: To what exactly happened.
Speaker 2: And if we can't trust Aurora PD Danielle to stem something like this, what can we trust them with?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I have been very vocal about APD leadership. I've been very vocal about that since the day I swore into office in twenty twenty one, and APD leadership has been a problem. As for the rank and file men and women of Aura, they get up and they do their best every single day. They do what they're told to do, and what they're what they're told they can't do, they don't. So there definitely is a problem with the leadership in the Aurora Police Department. And we are working diligently to bring in a permanent police chief and that is going to happen soon. But you know, even still, Ryan, if you were to activate our entire police department, if you were to activate the entire Aurora Police Department roughly six hundred and fifty officers right now, you're still deploying six hundred and fifty on five thousand.
Speaker 2: And Again, it should never have been allowed to get to that point. There was obvious, observable chaos that was going on and it was just unfettered. This is a very unsettling incident, to say the least. And Danielle, I'm so glad that you brought it to our attention that you joined me to talk about it here today.
Speaker 3: Please keep us updated.
Speaker 2: If you hear anything else, just let me know and we'll see where the story goes from here.
Speaker 4: I sure, well, thank you so much, all.
Speaker 2: Right, Daniel Jorinsky right there, she's a member of the Aurora City Council. Especially if you live in Aurora and you have any kind of knowledge about what was going on here. It was Venezuelan Nationals gathering for a good reason, I would say, to celebrate the ouster. They were hoping of Nicholas Maduro, a communist dictator. But things got out of hand. It escalated five thousand people reportedly here in Aurora, PD.
Speaker 3: There's nothing to see here. I just can't believe that.
Speaker 2: Five seven seven, three nine seven year tech start them Dan one eight five five four zero five eight two five five Wrapping up our number one of the Dan Kaplas Show, Ryan Shuling filling in after this.
Speaker 3: And now back to the Dan Kaplass Show podcast.
Speaker 6: So how can you be the head of an agency and be unaware how your agency is perceived by certain communities.
Speaker 5: There's a lot of perceptions in the media and in the public that are incorrect about the.
Speaker 6: Ape, but the perception exists. Would you agree whether or not it's correct, And wouldn't you agree then that if that perception exists, there might need to be some work done to correct the perception.
Speaker 5: I do want to advocate for the workforce, the vital public safety mission that they have to protect the homeland, and I think more people need to know how valuable they are to the society. So I agree with you on.
Speaker 2: That Kamala Harris is dangerously incompetent on this issue.
Speaker 3: And there's a.
Speaker 2: Certain level of willfulness that goes along with this as well.
Speaker 3: Ryan Schuling in for Dan Caplis for this hour one.
Speaker 2: But the trail that she follows here is that, well, there's a perception by those who are here illegally that Ice is how to get them, and it's because of their race. Because that's the perception, therefore it must be reality, and if it's reality, then there must be something done about it, don't you see this? So, because anyone out there might perceive ICE as being like the Ku Klux Klan, which Kamala Harris alleged in this hearing from November twenty eighteen, anybody might perceive that that we have to treat it as if it's real and do something about that perception. Not do something about the border, not do something about those who are here illegally, who shouldn't be who are breaking our laws?
Speaker 3: Who should be deported? No, no, no, no no.
Speaker 2: It's the perception that Ice might be mean that, ladies and gentlemen, is your candidate for president of the United States from the Democratic Party.
Speaker 3: She must get nowhere near the Oval office.
Speaker 2: And we're talking, of course, about an incident in Aurora that will be further emboldened. There will be kerosene thrown on that type of fire by the likes of Kamala Harris if she has sworn in as president, because she will green light and roll out the red carpet for much more of what we saw Venezuelans gathering in the street to the tune of five thousand, shutting down businesses, shutting down roads and streets, firing off guns.
Speaker 3: That's lawlessness. Where was the Aurora PD, That's the question coming out of this.
Speaker 2: Let's go to Aurora and Greg a listener, a witness to the Venezuelans. Greg, I'm just going on your eyes and ears here what you saw and heard take us through it if you would place sure.
Speaker 8: Ye know, my wife and I were driving north on Havana roughly in that area, and I looked to the right over where the Buckingham Square Mall used to be, and there were thousands of people and not a parking place to be had, and we realized that somehow it is Venezuelan's well. As we moved north, they were blocking the lanes to turn, you know, the left hand lane was blocking the whole street, and we hawked at one of them. They didn't even understand what we're saying, that you can't just block the intersection like that. But anyway, my point is that I think this whole, the whole situation there was very surprising and it was very symptomatic of what's going on in Aurora. I mean, Aurora is becoming a foreign country, and it's so weird what we saw. I didn't see one police officer anywhere. Couldn't figure out how these people got onto that parking lot without They were obviously disrupting business, But did they have permits that they have? Why were they gathered there? I mean, I think there might have been a reason in their own minds, but I think this escalator should be escalated way beyond the police chief. What is Mayor Kaufman? What is he? What's what's he doing?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 8: This is uh. This tastes like sanction wary city stuff to me. And I'd like to know what Mayor Kaufman is doing. Where is she? Has she made a comment about this? What's his attitude? He's the head of the can of the buck stops with him. What's going on with him?
Speaker 3: Greg?
Speaker 2: Great points, Thanks, And just to re emphasize one, you are entitled to answers. I think we need to hear from the mayor. We certainly need to hear from Aura PD. We haven't.
Speaker 3: That tells you something.
Speaker 2: So you're saying you observe personally thousands, not hundreds, thousands of people in the streets of Aurora and not one single red and blue lighted police vehicle.
Speaker 8: Correct?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 2: Wow, Greg, thank you so much for that contribution. Again, looking to get to the bottom of this, We have reached out to Mayor Kaufman directly.
Speaker 3: We have reached out to Aurora PD.
Speaker 2: Kelly has just done that directly for a comment from If nobody else, their PIO, their public information officer, there.
Speaker 3: Has to be some kind of statement.
Speaker 2: There isn't. There's no explanation for this. We only heard from Daniel Jerinsky. We appreciate her time in joining us. But if not for Danielle, would we know about this at all. I mean, I live insulated a bit in Greenwood Village, but that's not that far from Aurora. It's just a short jot down two twenty five and I was not aware of this but for the post on Facebook from Danielle Jerinsky, and that's where you can find out. I know we had a textra question along these lines. Go to Facebook. Her public page is Danielle Jerinsky Aurora City Council at Large. So there are no answers. There are a lot of questions, and we know what happened. There don't be gas lit. There was chaos in the streets of Aurora. Venezuelan's celebrating the demise of Maduro, which didn't happen.
Speaker 3: But that's beside the point. Where was the Aurora PD