Speaker 1: You can live the version of the life that like your family wants for you, that your environment wants for you, like your friends, all of that, or you can live the life that you're meant for and that you want for you. And I think that that's the two things where it's like, are you going to live up to the standards that your family has for you and like your friends and your environment, or are you going to live up to the standards that you have for yourself?
Speaker 2: What if the life you want is sitting on the other side of the standards you're currently willing to accept. Today's guest, Paige Harper is a mindset and identity coach who helps women break free from excuses, raise their standards, and become the version of themselves capable of creating the life they truly want. In this conversation, we explore identity, people, pleasing, motherhood, ambition, and what it really means to become your next level self. We talk about why raising your standards changes everything, the subtle excuses that keep us stuck even when they sound reasonable, how to tell the difference between honoring your reality and holding yourself back, the relationship between identity, habits, confidence, and success, why recovering people pleasers struggle to be fully seen, the uncomfortable growing pains that come with becoming the new version of yourself. What it actually means to be self obsessed and why it isn't selfish. How your personal growth impacts everyone around you, motherhood, sacrifice, ambition, and building a life that's both rooted and expansive. And why awareness is the first step to changing any habit, behavior, and identity pattern. If you've ever felt torn between who you've been and who you're becoming, this conversation will challenge you to raise your standards, trust yourself more deeply, and stop waiting for permission to create the life you truly want. I know you're going to love it, so let's turn it off and dive in. Hey Yogi's Mackenzie fly Here Mom, yoga prineer, teacher, trainer, retreat leader, and your guide to master your yoga teaching. This podcast is your weekly dose of actionable wisdom and candid chats with industry experts. Learn to connect deeper, weave yoga magic, and lead by example. Full disclosure, I'm still mastering it too, but together will skyrocket your impact and income. Hit subscribe and Let's grow one episode at a time. Paige Harper is a mindset and identity coach, a speaker, mom of two young boys like me, a wife, and host of the Identity Glow Up podcast. She helps women break through excuses, raise their standards, and become the version of themselves capable of creating the life, confidence.
Speaker 1: And success they truly desire.
Speaker 2: Known for her bold, no excuses coaching style, Paige combines tough love with a deep belief in what people are capable of. What's Up Page, Thank you so much for jumping on the podcast.
Speaker 1: Thanks. You know, I'm so excited to be here.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, for everybody that's listening, Paige and I are currently in the same mentorship space and container, So I'm really excited just to get to chat with you and get to know you more today, because in space is like that, it's always like hey, you know, kind of pass passing one another. And you weren't able to come to the in person event in LA right, Were you there or.
Speaker 1: Did I not?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: I was not there. No, it's I live in the Midwest, so I live in Ohio. So trying to go out that direction and all of that, it just didn't happen this time, but maybe next time. Yeah, because I'm definitely traveling more this year, which is really exciting. I haven't been on a plane since I don't even know, before COVID, I think, so it's been a long time. Really wow yeah wow wo oh.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I've been on many planes since COVID, probably too many planes.
Speaker 1: I would like to not go on as many planes.
Speaker 2: Speaking of, In in just a week, I'm actually getting on a plane to visit my family in Oklahoma for a two week vacation. So although I'm not excited about the plane part or the travel part, especially with two young babies, I am excited for the vacation and seeing my family.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's awesome. I actually my family is all right here. So I like to say that my life is kind of like a country song where I literally am married to the guy I had a crush on in high school and we didn't date in high school. We didn't date until after so I'm a full time pharmacist as well, so I didn't connect with him again until I don't know, six years after high school, and then it just kind of we automatically just clicked, and here we are. My mother in law lives on the same road as me. My parents live thirty minutes away, so we're all kind of like our kids are being raised in the same town and school district that we were in. Like it's it's crazy. So it's like a little little country song over here, so we don't have to fly to see anybody. A little country song.
Speaker 2: I love that and I'm so envious of that, especially in this season of motherhood.
Speaker 1: I've always been.
Speaker 2: Closed, especially with my mom, but becoming a parent and motherhood has made me really understand the gift of living close to your family for that reason of hey, can you come over and watch you know, And it's it's difficult to be away from your family when you have young kids, so that must be that must come in handy.
Speaker 1: It does. Yeah, my mother in law is a saint and she actually she lives, like I said, on the same road, and so she watches the kids every other Friday night. So my husband and I are able to go out and go and go out to dinner hot.
Speaker 2: Meal like it's great, ooh girl, soap soap that up, and go on a date for me and my husband. Yeah, we'll do it, will do We actually have a date night scheduled for tonight. I'm so excited. Our plan is to clean the house. It's been a little bit, it's been on the to do list for a while, so I'm excited to clean the house after this and then go on a date night together.
Speaker 1: We're dropping the kids off at daycare for that. So much much needed and looking forward to it. Yes, good for you. Everybody needs that. We all need a little date night in our life and can't forget about that connection we have there with our spouse too, on top of like with our kids and everything like that. So love that.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, well I'll let you know how it goes. And then I know a big part of your work is all on as far as I know, and please correct me if I'm wrong, but on identity and standards, like how you hold standards for yourself. I think even what we're talking about right here of having the standard of reconnecting with your partner weekly or monthly or whatever is your standard is kind of a nice segue. But how what do you mean by holding yourself to a certain standard and how does that really change everything?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I think for me, identity is a huge part of my work. I'm like my whole My podcast is actually the Identity glow Up Podcast. So I love love talking about identity, and I think for me, like standards of really who you are and what you are going to do, like what you say you're going to do, And for me, like I have such a high standard for myself in so many different areas like as a mom, as a wife, as a business owner, Like there's so many different standards that I adhere to to be able to be like, Okay, this is who I am, this is what I expect of myself. And I hold myself to those standards because I know no one else is going to hold me to those standards, Like I'm the only one that's going to be able to say, like, hey, you have goals to hit. Hey you said that you always want to be this kind of mom. Hey you said you always want to be this kind of wife. Like I'm the only one that's in charge of that. I'm the only one that can take control of that. And so for me, like standards are such a big part of my life because that's what ultimately determines like that as well as my identity determines my habits, my my beliefs, how I show up, what I accomplish, what my goals are like, it all determines that. And so a lot of people I feel like don't live up to don't even have standards like I'm I actually was talking to one of my clients and she was like, I don't understand what standards are, like the standards of me, And I was like, for me, just me, I say, it's it's almost like I am the kind of person who blink like fill in that blank, Like to me, that's what that like standards is of what you have on yourself. Like for me, I'm the kind of person that always shows up. I'm the kind of person that is relentless af I'm the kind of person that is like I don't know if I can cuss on here? Can I cuss on here? Yes, you can't. I'm the kind of person that's like a boss bitch like that is me. And I know those are kind of weird standards, and obviously there's more, but as far as like my business is concerned, that's how I identify and that controls every other aspect between that and my identity of my life and the life that I'm creating. Yeah, good answer.
Speaker 2: I think definitely people don't are not conscious, not aware that they can change their standards. And I know, in the spaces that we've both been in, a large part of the work from the people that we're learning with and from is and I'm sure this problem infuses into the work that you do with your people as well, of like becoming aware of your standards what they currently are at, and then also raising the standards if you want, which is like a mind blowing concept for people of like, wait a minute, you're telling me that I can not only like see the standards that they are set at, but also do something about it and change it if I so desire.
Speaker 1: That also is like the next level.
Speaker 2: So riff on that, tell us maybe a little bit about what that process looks like in your work.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think, I mean, everybody's able to raise their standards. It's just about what they're what they are allowing themselves to listen to as far as like most people allow themselves to listen to the excuses that they give themselves over and over and over again. So like, if you want to raise your standards, a lot of people think they can because they have such this like fixed mindset where it's like, oh, well, I can't do that because I didn't start there, so I'm never able going I'm never going to be able to get there. And they use all these excuses almost like they use the facts that they have as excuses where it's like, oh, well I have two kids. Okay, cool I do too. Next let's go to the Hixson like, oh well I have a full time job. Because I have a full time job as well as I have a business. It's like, okay, cool me too. Next, Like when it comes to like raising your standards and going to this next thing, like what are you listening to? Are you listening to your soul? Are you listening to this like gut feeling that you have to push forward or are you listening to your ego and your excuses because that's going to determine whether you stay the same at the same standards or whether you continue to upgrade to these next level standards that you want to hit. M good answer. It's making me think.
Speaker 2: I took a class recently from a teacher here in Las Vegas, and his theme was a little bit on this, and he was talking about it was like a quote from a movie and how or maybe it was from a TV show, but the scenario was that news reporters were interviewing a performer or somebody famous, and the news reporter was asking, like, how did you deal with other people cutting you down all the time or like talking shit about you? And how did you handle all that? And then the performer of the person was kind of just like, well, I just simply didn't agree to it. And it was the it was recognizing the fact that anytime something happens that we have to to some degree agree to it to allow it to knock us off our equanimity or knock us off our center. Like if this in the example of this person, of if they were going to have their feelings hurt about it, that would also mean by some degree they were agreeing to what the claims were. And I thought it was just a really simple way to like keep it clean. And it's almost like it's holding a certain standard for yourself of like, no, actually that is not true for me.
Speaker 1: That doesn't align for me. I don't agree with that.
Speaker 2: Therefore it loses its power too, which is really which is really empowering.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree, and I think like on that, I almost feel like we have the opportunity to live so many different lives and so many different version of this life that we're living right now, right And so for me, it's almost like you can live the version of the life that like your family wants for you, that your environment wants for you, like your friends, all of that, or you can live the life that you're meant for and that you want for you. And I think that that's the two things where it's like, are you going to live up to the standards that your family has for you and like your friends and your environment, or are you going to live up to the standards that you have for yourself that you have I like to talk about like the soul or like this gut feeling of like what you have and what you're meant for. Like I know I'm not meant to work in my pharmacist job for life. I'm not. I can feel that, Like every time that I log in my computer, I'm like, no, I can't do this. But like whenever I get on a coaching call, no matter how tired I am, I'm like pumped up, I'm ready to go right, Like that is my soul. And so listening to what other people who truly do love me say like, oh, you're doing too much, You're doing all these things, Like my standards are just higher, they're just different than what other people have for me, And that's totally fine. That's not anything against them. It's just I have this version of my life that I want to live and these standards that I want to live by, and they may look different than other people's around you and even like your families and your loved ones, but you have to go with what you want fully and listening to other people, and like you said, agreeing to their terms of what their standards are is just going to allow you to stay small and stay the version of whoever like everybody else thinks you should be, which like I'm not about personally.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, well, I think it's not often encouraged for us to make decisions and to take actions in total alignment of like what's good for us, especially if it means that it might disappoint somebody else, you know, like yeah, we're afraid if it's going to disappoint somebody else, then we're like, oh, I don't want to do that because I'm.
Speaker 1: Afraid of that.
Speaker 2: And then living and aligning our lives around everybody else all the time.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so then with identity a big part. Well really with the standards conversation, I love how you say that being self obsessed or prioritizing yourself isn't selfish.
Speaker 1: What do you mean by that? Oh my gosh, Okay, So I am someone who there's so much to this. So I feel like so many people, like when you hear like self obsessed, the first thing you think of is like negative, like, oh, that girl is so full of herself, she has such a big ego, she thinks she's better than everybody else. But like, to me, it's about like self obsession is about truly knowing who you are, like being obsessed with who you are as a human, going all like going towards your dreams, being obsessed with what you're creating, like to the point where you're so freaking excited to show up. Like I wake up at four am every single morning to move my body, to journal, to meditate, to read, to get my brain moving so that way I can go full out of my business. Like that's the obsession level that I have, not just with my business, but also with myself. Because I say that I'm in training for my next level life like physical, mental, emotional, spiritual, Like I am in full training and I'm doing that because I do have this self obsession. So the people that are saying like, oh, well, self obsession is like this. And I actually had somebody tell me that I was too full of myself or too obsessed with myself or something like that on Instagram or TikTok or something. But it got me thinking, like I ended up making a whole freaking program about how the standards of a self obsessed woman because I'm like, hell, yeah, I'm obsessed with myself, Like of course i am. Why wouldn't you be obsessed with yourself like we are in this, as one of my coaches says, a human me sack like our soul like as inside this human mes sack, Like why not be obsessed with the person that you are? Right? And so it's about knowing yourself really like taking care of yourself, being so deeply devoted to yourself and your growth. And I think that's what's so important about this self obsession. And that's why I don't know if I answered full of your question, but that's what I see as self obsession.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I completely and that it's in service, like obsessed with yourself in service of other people, and this idea that when you take care of yourself, other people don't have to. I was actually I was teaching on this this morning in my yoga class, and it came from the twelve Laws.
Speaker 1: Of the Universe. Are you familiar with this?
Speaker 2: Tanya actually our current mentor both of us, she has a whole module on this, and I was like, oh, I'm so glad she taught me this because I had never heard these before, and now I've gone down a rabbit hole.
Speaker 1: It's a beautiful book.
Speaker 2: I can't remember the author off the top of my head, but the first universal law is on the law of oneness, the divine law of oneness, and how this law means that we are all connected, essentially, we are all captained, and that we whatever we do automatically affects other people, that we are not isolated in this echo chamber or this vacuum, and that it's so easy to buy into the belief that like what I do doesn't matter, you know, and seep into this energy of apathy or nihilism and hopelessness, like what's the point anyway, Everything's meaningless? I'm meaningless and that's just simply not true. And I think that this instills this like it brings back hope and it makes us feel like any choice we make is important. And yeah, I think that it blends into what we're talking about here, of what we do matters and it affects other people and if we are raising our vibration or taking care of ourselves, because if we were to be if we're a high vibe person and we're next to a low vibe person, naturally, because everything's connected and we affect one another, our high vibe is going to raise that low vibe person just from proximity and just it's inevitable. So is that how you I mean, do you want to tack anything on to that? Because when I think of like, caring for the self is not selfish, it's in service. That came to mind really just because that's what I was teaching on today. But what else would you add to it? Yeah, I mean, I love that you brought it to that. I've never really thought of it that way. I think i've read or like listened to the audiobook of that before. I didn't realize that Tanya had that as part of her like things, so I need to go back.
Speaker 1: I listened to all of her riffs, but I don't always go into the modules while I'm working. But because I listen while I'm working, don't recommend when you're doing that as a full time job. But it's fine, it's fine. I'm not I'm not promoting, no, it's just saying okay, but yeah, I think that if you aren't going, like like you said, where you are, it's so much bigger than just me. Like when I say I'm self obsessed, it's not like I'm looking in the mirror every day and being like Billiam girl like I I don't. It's not it's not about that. It's about so much deeper than that. And the more that I can be obsessed with what I'm creating and who I am, that also reflects on other people because it helps me raise my standards. Helps me raise my standards of what I'm going to do and how I'm going to show up, which will then be able to impact other people, whether it's coaching clients or how I show up on social media. And maybe it like gives these like people on social media this like, oh I wish I had hurt energy. Oh I wish I like was obsessed with myself like that. Oh I wish I could attract clients like that, you know what I mean. And so it helps it kind of like multiplies with that. And I think when we think of self obsession, we think of like this selfish type of thing, but like you said, it's it's about so much more than just us. It's more about like realizing that we cannot any like we can't put ourself last anymore. We can't put ourself last anymore. It's just when we put ourself last. We're also like basically saying like our opinions don't matter nothing that we're doing that, Like I don't it doesn't even matter anymore. Like I'm just not going to grow because well why would I, because I'm not worth it. So for me, it's like I go the complete opposite. I'm like, no, I'm not gonna have low confidence. I'm gonna be so freaking obsessed with myself that it's crazy and people are going to comment on it. And so you know, I don't really have that balance there, But I think that it's good that way because then I can pour this like self obsession, this confidence, this passion, this purpose and everything that I have that's developed from this self obsession era that I'm talking about is I can like pour it into other people's cups too. It's like mind's being overflowed because I'm like crazy about it, which is just who I am. But then I can over it can overflow, and I can pour it into other people's cups too, And I think that's really that's a really good way to look at it. Yeah, yeah, I like that too.
Speaker 2: Of course, the classic image of filling up your cup and overflowing so she have something to poured from. Another way that I feel like I've recently been reminded of in this idea of all connected is.
Speaker 1: Like we think when we're thinking of.
Speaker 2: Ourselves as individuals, we're like, oh, I'm an individual, which, let me get to my point I'm trying to think of, like, how's the best way to say it, I'm an ind But really that's really just the physical manifestation or expression of it. For example, you can see like an individual wave, a wave in the ocean can be an individual wave, but it's still see it's still ocean coming from something else, you know. And so I think that we people are that too. It's like we're all individual physical expressions, all individual waves, but we're still made up of the same stuff this like same substance being energy or source, whatever you want to like label that being. But in taking care of our own individual wave and our own self, we therefore are also taking care of the whole ocean, in the whole sea, because it's all connected, you know. Yeah, So I love that analogy too.
Speaker 1: I'm a big analogy person. Nice. It's like you go a lot deeper with things than I do with like the analogies, but I love it. I'm like eating it up. Yes, I love all of this so good. Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: But I mean it's just like, you know, it goes both ways, and I think that the way that we're looking at it right now is a little more approachable and a little more doable for people, because when we think, that's when we get trapped in the annihilism and the apathy of like, well, good am I going to do? When we're trying to take care of the sea, it's like too big, you know, the ocean is too vast, and that's when we get like overwhelmed, paralysis by over analysis. But if we just take care of the self and it's singular. It's more manageable, like we can handle that, you know, but it's still in service of the collective and the body. So I really love that and thank you for helping us remember it. Do you feel like I mean, you mentioned people pleasing tendencies? People pleasing tendencies.
Speaker 1: Are so they a I am a recovering people pleaser. Yeah, let me just same. Yeah, you're part of the same community here. Yeah yeah, let me just admit that. And I guess what it looks like like back to what I was.
Speaker 2: Saying about choosing what you know is right for you, even and especially at the expense of disappointing somebody else, has been like something that I actively have to practice because it feels so against my nature. However, when we think about like harming and not speaking up for what you feel like is your truth or doing what you need that, then you're just like harming yourself. Please just tell me about people pleasing tendencies and how backwards it is, but also make me feel validated that it is hard.
Speaker 1: What do you know about people? I totally understand. Like I said, we're part of the same club here. Recovering sometimes still have issues with people pleaser here it happens. I feel like it's one of those things that's kind of with the identity work that I do too, where it's like I like to see it as like a name badge, honest, like you know the ones you get from like the Dollar Tree, where it's like, hi, my name is blank, and like we fill in what our identity is, and so it's like people pleaser or perfectionist or whatever, and like it's it's there, it's who we are, and so when we work to get rid of it, we've had that path so like I don't know what the right word is, ingrained or whatever, the right word, like it's so defined because we've had that path for so long that sometimes when we're having a bad day or when things aren't going our way, or when we're struggle bussing, like we can go back down that path of like the people pleas or the perfectionist or whatever. Right, It's it's easy to do that. It's easier than like going on this next level boss bitch path. It's easier just to go down the people pleaser path or whatever you would insert there. But I think for me, especially being someone who I have never I'm not in a family that are entrepreneurs other than my husband, but like not immediate family like my my mom, dad, anything like that. Like no entrepreneurs in our family. No one would ever go on social media and talk like I do. You know, I've been told not to cuss on social media. I've have all of these things where it's like I live in the same town that I grew up in, so it's like this this thing where I feel like I'm just like little Page, like little short, blonde, curly hair, blue eyed Page, Like there she is, you know what, and so trying to I'm basically like living in this town having people seen me as this young girl and like, oh my gosh, you're posting on social media. I even had my math teacher. I saw him once and he was like, I love the stuff you do on TikTok, and I was like, oh my gosh, you see me. Stop, don't look at me, right, Like it's like this thing where it's like no, no, no, no, you're not supposed to You're not supposed to see those things, right, And so then it's like you get into the spiral of people pleasing like am I saying the right things? Am I doing the right things? Am I like doing okay based on everyone else's standards? Am I like? Would somebody else not want to hear this? Should I not talk about this? And you into this spiral and it goes so far south of like who you actually are meant to be because you're so focused on pleasing everyone else that you forget about yourself, You forget about who you are and what you want to experience. And so for me, it's just been kind of like trying to like cover my ears and my eyes and be like, I don't know, I don't see anybody else. I'm just going to speak my truth and people are going to see me. And I think it's funny that this conversation got brought up and I'm talking about it in this way because I've been talking a lot about like allowing yourself to be seen, allow yourself to be a big freaking deal, like be seen as a big deal, feel like a big deal. And it's hard to feel like a big deal and have yourself be seen like you're a big deal on the social media world, especially if you're stuck in this people pleaser mode, because you're never going to be a big deal to yourself if you're trying to please everyone else. So for me, it's been more like, how can I focus more on who I want to be and what I want to accomplish and just like close my ears and eyes on everything else around me? And it's hard, but it's one hundred percent possible if you're I like to ask my clients, like how bad do you want it? How bad do you actually want like your goals, your dreams, Like I have these dreams of working my business full time and you know, making a crap ton of money and all of these things. Like I have big goals and dreams for my business and my life as a whole. So like, how bad do you want it? Do you want it bad enough where you're like I'm going to have to just like block out the noise and block out the people pleasingness, or am I just going to allow myself to sink down into that which is easier because it is easier, and I still do sometimes I'm not perfect by any means, but that's kind of how I've had to look at it to get out of that people pleasing part of my life.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's so good, and it's like that period of becoming is so painful, it's so awkward.
Speaker 1: It's like it's like the.
Speaker 2: Growing pains, the growing pains and the weirdness of your teenage years. Like how I'm envisioning it is like it's like when you're trying to grow out your bangs and you're in that in between area of it, like does it go right or does it go left? And you're like, just be more my thing. These are trying to figure themselves out. Or it's like I'm imagining myself back when I was eleven, maybe like eleven to thirteen, where I just was elbows and teeth like so ungodly thin and just awkward, like an awkward teenager of becoming myself, you know, and like developing into a woman. Like it's that way too sometimes in your personality, especially when you're in these transitory places, and it's just when it comes down to your behaviors and your standards, it's just that the thing that you've always done is more practiced, it's more rehearsed. You know, you've done that more, and it feels more comfortable. So when you start doing something else, it is uncomfortable because it's unknown.
Speaker 1: And there's this. Have you seen this TV show on Netflix? It's called The Mind and Explained. I think, mmmmm, I haven't seen that one. I don't have Netflix, but yeah, I'll have to go over to my parents' house. Yeah, I know, I know. See my you don't have Netflix. No, I don't have Netflix. My parents do I have. I have Disney. I have Disney Plus for my kids and then my kids bind you too. But yeah, a Netflix is not something that I have. Honestly, you're probably better off for it.
Speaker 2: I don't think I've ever met anybody who just said the sentence I don't have Netflix, So that's amazing. But there's there is this Maybe go to your parents' house to watch this TV show, And for any of the listeners, this TV show is excellent, especially for yoga teachers. Obviously it's explaining the mechanics of the mind. But there's this analogy I told you I see in pictures. There's this analogy or actually, you know, maybe it's a different TV show about mushrooms and psilocybin, which feels like a curveball, but it actually relates in the sense that it was talking about how taking a micro dose of psilocybin. Like if you and imagine your mind as a hill after it snows, that when you take psilocybin, it's as if there's fresh snow on a mountain and there's no trails in the mountain. It's just this completely beautiful capped mountain that's like a white canvas, like pure potential of the path that you could take, which is really good for the mind when you've gotten like drilled into what would be your normal path. So in yoga, this concept is called some scars some scaras meaning mental groove, and this is just the path in which you take in your mind, and each time you take it, it embedds into the groove of your mind deeper and it becomes less of a little trail and it becomes more of a road. And then that road becomes a highway. The more you pass through it, the stronger it gets in, the more set it becomes. And so a people pleasing high it's probably a highway for most of us. Like that's just more traveled that it's just more journeyed on, it's just more practiced. And so to take another road requires a dose of psilocybin.
Speaker 1: I'm just kidding, h There you go problem solved. I'm not encouraging you. I'm not encouraging you to take mushrooms.
Speaker 2: Maybe i am, but maybe you get my point of like if you're not going to get that fresh snow from the mushrooms, that the yoga practice can become that of like.
Speaker 1: You know, moving and breathing on your.
Speaker 2: Mat to see a different way, a different way to respond to the situation. So that's probably how I would say it through yoga terminology. Is there any other terminology that you would say that's in.
Speaker 1: This same vein? I think I would describe it very similarly. I wouldn't have thought about the psilocybin part of it. I do, like when I think of it, like in my brain, I think more of like sand, like when you have like a marble going down sand and it like creates a groove, creates a path, and then like obviously that's the path if you put at the top of the hill, like it's going to go down the path that's most used. That seems like that that's just automatically what's gonna do. You have to almost like force it down another path to become you know, to get past the I to go into this next level identity to be a whole new, whole new person if you want to be to get past the people pleasing all of that, like you have to kind of force it a first, and then it becomes easier over time. But the thing is, like you were talking earlier about the growing pains and things like that, but it's not like when we're young, we have growing pains and we're like, oh, I'm just gonna decide to stop growing. It doesn't work like that, but like for our brains, we're like, oh, well, you know, it kind of sucked when I posted and nobody commented, or it kind of sucked when I didn't get anybody on my offers or whatever, whatever your goals are. I do a lot with like business owners, but and then they're like, oh, I guess I'm just gonna stop then, Like you go through growing pains, you go through these things, and like obviously when we're going through growing pains when we're young, we can't stop that, but like who says we have to stop this side of things too, Like there's always growing pains when you're trying to grow and like be this next level person. So it's like, let's figure out a way to just keep pushing through. And it just shows, like with the analogy that you had, there's always a way. There's you said you do it, even with like your yoga practice, there is For the people that I'm really big with no excuses. I feel like that's a big part of my brand and like who I am. And I just feel like so many people give them self excuses where it's like, well, I don't have the time, I don't have the space, I don't have the energy. I don't know how. There's so many paths to do this. There's so many You can do it by yourself. You can do it through breathing, like the yoga practices, Like you just have to put yourself out there and find a way. If you want to change your life, if you want to stop being a people pleaser, if you want to upgrade your identity, if you want to have like a booming business or whatever, you have to find there's always a way. There's always a way to go to the next level. There's always a way to take things to you know, the next step or whatever. You're just choosing to not find those ways because you'd rather listen to your excuses. If we're being totally honest with ourselves. And I've been there too. We all listen to our excuse, but it's just I hope that's the listeners take this as like a realization where it's like, oh shit, I've been holding myself back and I'm using my excuses to allow me to do that, which like, if you want to grow, you can't do that anymore. There's always a way to figure out, there's always a next step. Yeah, that's a great page.
Speaker 2: How do you feel like you help your people identify the difference between an excuse habitual, like a blind habit pattern, versus like honoring what really is because I do feel like there's a difference between like pushing and coasting that no excuses is I like saying you know it has I guess even just the phrase no excuses has this energy of like continuing to push and press on no matter what. And is that what you mean or is there where's the balance between honoring something versus I don't know, like making an excuse for something. I'm not sure I'm expressing my question clearly, but I you get what I'm saying, Like, well, how do you know when it's an excuse?
Speaker 1: Versus not. Yeah, And this is such a good question. I so I am someone who is like I, I am constantly doing something, and I think that's where that no excuses things comes in. I'm like, I'm a mom, I'm a wife, I'm a business owner, I'm a full time pharmacist. I'm the freaking president of the elementary PTO. Like I am all over the place. I like to hustle, I like to go like I am, I'm all over the and I also do stuff with cheer from time to time, like I was a cheer coach. I had to stop that I didn't have time anymore. But I just like had all of these things like that's who I am. So when people come up to me and like, oh, I just don't have the time, like let me see, let me see your your social media scrolling on your phone, and let me see if you actually did have the time. Oh I don't have the time. Okay, did you actually wake up on time or did you wake up at eight Like I'm over here waking up at four in the morning at the buck crack of dawn. Not saying you have to do that, but like there's always a way, but also it's no excuses. Like the way that I see this is like, Okay, I know one of my clients her dog just passed. I've I've been sick, and like my my kids have been sick. My my youngest had strapped the last day of school. He started school with strap and ended school with strap. I don't he's he's fun, but like those things, like sometimes, especially those of us that are moms, it's hard for us to show up one hundred percent all the time. So it's like, okay, for me, an excuse is saying the same thing over and over again. I'm too tired. I'm too tired. I'm too tired. It doesn't matter what day it is, it doesn't matter what's going on in their life. Nothing, it's just the same excuse over and over again. But if you have times when like your kids sick and they were up all night, or you're sick and you were up all night or something like, there's something legitimate where it happens just every now and then, that's not an excuse. That's just life. Like life is life and sometimes and life just happens, especially for us moms, that shit hits the fan all the time, Like that's just part of life and that's okay. And so even last week I did not feel well. I think it was last Wednesday. I did not feel well. I like had full body like aches, like I did not I didn't sleep well the night before cause my kid was up coughing all night, and then I had to take my kid to the doctor and I was just like, screw everything. I don't want to talk to anybody. I don't want to work my business, like I hate it all. But the thing is is that I have standards for myself and what I do at a bare minimum for my business and for my life obviously, and so I figured out what is what's the amount that I can do, and like for me, it was like twenty percent of my normal I was like at a twenty percent that day. So I'm like, okay, if I do twenty percent of that twenty percent, it's still one hundred percent. So I'm going to do that twenty percent because that is all that I can give today. And that's not me giving excuses, that's just me realizing this is life. I'm a human, not a robot, and sometimes things go haywire and this is what I do about it. It's not like, oh well, push through anyway and do all the hundred things that are on your to do list. It's it's about looking at what is actually what I can do today? Because shit hit the fan or whatever, What is actually what I can do today? And how can I do all like that part of what I can do today? Like how can I do the twenty percent of the twenty percent because that's no longer excuses, that's you still putting your all in and doing whatever it takes in that moment, in the energy that you have right now. Does that make more sense than explain that? Okay, yeah, yeah, that was great.
Speaker 2: And I think really just the backbone of it, or at least.
Speaker 1: To me, is like it just takes.
Speaker 2: The difference is like awareness is awareness, and it's like a conscious choosing versus the choice like making itself, you know, and like just going through it because you're on autopilot. So of course, of course this is my toxic trait as a yoga teacher.
Speaker 1: I'm like, it all comes back to awareness, guys. Yeah, exactly. I always say awareness it is the first step and identity work and everything. So I'm right there with you, not yoga, but just I'm right there with you. Awareness is the first step to all of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, and that it's cot it's exhausted on one end, but also not like that's the funny thing about awareness is like I think when you're first training it and growing, I even think of the yoga practice as actually just attention and awareness training, and it's like learning how to be attentive and aware for longer and longer periods of time, because it can get so easy to get so caught up in thought, so juggling, you know, all the responsibilities that your brain is like so split, and your brain is not where your body is physically, like they're in two different places. And it's actually that split that's so exhausting. It's like trying to be here but thinking about all these things. And it's actually very RESTful to return the mind and the body in the same place and at the same time. So it's this conundrum of like at first, it takes effort at first, you know, but then it does actually end up being more RESTful to do that. So that all is so true. Thank you for helping us see the difference between those two and that it can be done. Like I love the tough love of it, you know of like okay, no excuses, or be really real with yourself, be really aware of if this is true in the moment and you need to adjust, or if this is just your blind habit pattern playing out again, because especially when you are going to your next level, it requires that ruthlessness a little bit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's that ruthlessness.
Speaker 2: You brought up motherhood and all of the challenges that motherhood brings. How it prioritizes, It helps you prioritize everything honestly, your projects and then also your time, like how you're managing your time. How do you feel like motherhood has changed the way you show up in your business.
Speaker 1: Well, I actually did not even start my business until I became a mom, So I'm a little bit different in that way than maybe some other people, just because I felt so motherhood where I always wanted to be a mom. It was always something that like there was no doubt about it. Like I was the girl that had baby dolls. I didn't want Barbie dolls. I want a baby dolls because I wanted to pretend they were actually my baby, Like that is what I wanted. So I always knew I was meant to be a mom. But once I had kids, obviously it's a whole hell of a lot harder than you think. So trying to have that adjustment period and having kids, you know, about a year and a half apart, and which we did on purpose. It's fine, but and I love it now. But like it was, it was a lot. It was a lot, and it was something that like I felt so lost from, like I need something just for me and not pharmacy, and so I had I went on a whole adventure and that's a whole other topic, but I went on a whole adventure and found business through that. But I think for me it's really first of all, it's made me a morning person because I have to get up early if I want to get things done throughout the day, like that's that is my time. But also I feel like business just in general has helped me really become more of who I am, because I feel like business is like this whole personal development journey. Like I didn't start. I didn't start reading personal development books or listening to podcasts or anything until I became a business owner, until I started out network marketing, but until I did that and then eventually became a business owner like I didn't do any of that before then, and so it was really like motherhood really shot me into that because I I don't know if I would have ever tried to be a business owner if it wasn't because I was a mom, because I just felt that there was something missing, and I was like, that's not right because I'm a mom, something I've always wanted to do. I have a great job, like what my husband's amazing, Like what is missing? And so they almost, even though they didn't do anything technically, they almost helped me find this passion because of that, and everything happens the way it's supposed to, and so I think it happened in that way for a reason. But you know, really being able to show them that because they're both boys as well, so being able to show them that women work really freaking hard and we're really awesome. And I like to say I'm the queen of house. And so my son, my seven year old, will now say, hey, mommy, you're the queen of the house, right, I'm like, damn right, damn red I am. Because even my dog's a boy, I'm surrounded by boy men being all around me. Like it's just there's no, there's no girls in this house besides me, So I'm like, I want to show them like how when they need to work hard too on whatever they want to do, but like women also can work their asses off, we're not like and and also be the one that cooks. I mean my husband does things too. This is not saying he does that, but like I am somebody who is able to be this like relentless boss bitch, but also be so rooted in who I am as like a human, who I am as a mom, who I am as a wife, Like very almost that feminine masculine combination kind of thing where it's like, I'm very masculine when it comes to my business, like relentless, don't get in my way, no excuses. But then afterwards, like I'm like, you know, playing board games with the kids and running around and pushing them on the swing and cooking dinner and doing laundry and all of this, Like it's you can have both of those. And I think that I was able becoming a mom. I was able to bring both of those out so beautifully that I didn't really know how to do before, and now I'm able to combine them. I like to say, it's like Hannah Montana, I got the best of both worlds, so I'm able to combine them to be who I am now and who I've become and helping all the women that I've helped and my kids have definitely helped me with that, with that journey for sure.
Speaker 2: So well said, and I think it's a message that a lot of aspiring parents need to hear. And I know a lot of yoga teachers who listen to this are in that place where they're starting to think about a family, and maybe they're terrified of starting a family, mainly because of the way most yoga teachers see their options. They only see one and that their option is to teach yoga in studio for a studio, and they are thinking to themselves, like, oh my god, how am I going to have a family?
Speaker 1: Number one on that salary, Like it's not enough.
Speaker 2: To sustain me me as a person, let alone a family. And then also because you have to go in and do that, it's like obviously tied to your time and just kind of thinking of the logistics side of it of like how am I going to make this work?
Speaker 1: And at the same time, just.
Speaker 2: The pull, you know, the pull to become a parent, and how for me, I don't know how it was for you, Paige, Like the process was so much more painful than I could have anticipated in the sense of control, like wanting it to click, like getting pregnant, I mean wanting it to click so much sooner than it ended up. And I really learned a lot of patience during the process of getting pregnant and then actually being pregnant. Oh my god, if in my opinion, it is way harder than actually having the child, Like pregnancy is such a pose, a pose that you do not put down for months.
Speaker 1: Like the hardest yoga.
Speaker 2: Pose I have attempted yet is to be pregnant, just because of how like exhausting it is and stuff. And yeah, and then with business, I had my business before I became a parent, but I will say that I it's made me so much more. It helped me really see like what is actually the most important thing right now? And also think more in ten x as opposed to two X, meaning I'm like, what will reap the biggest results instead of like doing all this like little busy work, I'm like looking at what is the least amount of effort for the highest amount of return kind of thinking, which is good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, good, Yeah, it helps, it helps a lot. Yeah. They they help you see without even realizing it. They help you see kind of like what you're capable of and help you be able to figure out ways to do things in a different like how to do things in a different way so that way you can spend more time with them and you can do more things. Like me, I started off with doing like one on one calls and all of that, and I was like, I got time for this, Like I got I have kids. I want to be present with them, like even for me finding all of these different ways to be able to make my business work where I do wake up even on the weekends. I wake up between four and five so I can get my business stuff done because I since I work full time, I don't have a whole lot of time during the week to work my business. So I'm like, I I have Monday. I have Monday to work my business. So I've I do like three or four hours each day on the weekend to be able to push push myself to kind of get some stuff like figured out like podcasts, outline things like that, figure out what I want to talk about all of the things. But like I used to do that after the kids woke up, and it got to the point where I was like, oh my gosh, I'm spending no time with them at all. And so it really helps you like look at your priorities in both your business and as a mom and figure out like okay, and like the thing is is like so many sacrifices, so many sacrifices, Like, yes, I'm sacrificing sleep, but I'm sacrificing sleep so that way I can hang out with my kids more. Like yes, I'm also on the other hand, sometimes I am sacrificing time with my kids, but it's so that way I can grow my business. I'm not dilly dallying. It's so that way I can grow my business and be able to spend more time with them later on. Like and I'm not sacrificing a whole day, but still like I'm sacrificing that time. And I think that's what a lot of people, whether they're moms or not, they are afraid to do, and that's why they won't hit the next level because they're not willing to sacrifice anything. And so I think motherhood has also brought along this like realization that sacrifice is a huge part of life, but especially of motherhood and multiple multiple different areas in bunch of different ways. Interesting.
Speaker 2: I've never really thought of it in through the lens of sacrificing.
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 2: It is, but I feel like I've view it more through like I don't know, because sacrifice I feel like in my body and when I think of sacrifice, it feels like it's more focusing on what you are missing out on rather than like what you're gaining from that decision, which you know one's not either good or bad. I think it's just the way in which you're looking at it changes the like experience of it and the feeling of it, because it is like, at the end of the day, you're making a choice, you're deciding, and anytime you decide for something, you're at the same time deciding against something else.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I feel like for me, I'm like, I don't want to think of it as like a sacrifice. I want to view it through the positive side just so that I feel like a little more like it feels easier to do it in that way to me personally.
Speaker 1: But I think they both work, you know, it arrives at the same end. Yeah, just like yeah, and that makes total sense and you can definitely I mean, I'm sure there's another word for me. I'm very much like as you can tell, like the tough love type of person, but in a way of love, you know what I mean, in a way of showing people like, hey, there are sacrifices to be made, but also so much to gain from it, like so much to gain, Like I've also had to sacrifice my old identity, this shy identity that people pleasing identity, to become this confident woman, to become the person that starts her podcast, to become the person that's like, hey, podcast interviews anybody, you know what I mean, like to become that person right like, and so I think that that is there is a sacrifice. But if that doesn't resonate with you, like not just you, but anybody else that's listening, you know, there are other ways of looking at it where it's like you are also by allowing yourself to rid of the things that aren't always like aligned to you, you're also becoming like this more aligned person to who like you've always been meant to be right, And there are things that you have to let go of, but it's things that you can become even more beautiful. Like I'm thinking almost like a butterfly, right, Like the caterpillar sacrifices being a caterpillar to become a butterfly. Like that's part of it. And so that's kind of how I see it. I don't know what word I would use here, or it's almost like a transformation, right, So you're you're releasing old things to be able to have this transformation of being who you're meant to be and being the best mom you're meant to be in all of that, but you have to let go and release some of the other stuff first before you can get to that point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, well said I mean, like the butterfly analogy or the phoenix feeling of rising from your own ashes, or like death death the old self to be born into the new, or the more aligned the more true.
Speaker 1: Maybe.
Speaker 2: Ugh, it's so good, well, Paige, holy smokes, thank you so much for just sharing all of your your genius and your wisdom and your energy.
Speaker 1: It has meant so much to me.
Speaker 2: I feel like I've had a really nice chat and I know the listeners enjoyed it as well.
Speaker 1: So if they're vibing with you and the work.
Speaker 2: That you do, especially around identity and standards, or they're wondering how they can plug into your community, can you tell them a little bit.
Speaker 1: About how they can do so. Yeah, so I'm in all of the places. I'm on Instagram. It's at page Marie m Ire. I'm not sure if you're going to put that in the show notes or not. I'm assuming you probably of course.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It's my first name, middle name, so you can find me on Instagram. I'm also on TikTok. I've been loving threads. Threads is like my favorite thing right now, So threads literally everywhere except for Twitter. I'm using threads as Twitter right now, so I have all of those things. I also have an amazing free masterclass coming up. If you want details on that, you can always reach out to me and dm me. It's very much related to what we were talking about here with like the rooted and relentless, like being deeply rooted in your life while being relentless and creating the life that you desire, because I feel like there are so many women who secretly want more but are scared of what it takes to get to that point. And so really I feel like I personally have built this life of like this rooted and relentless, having that combination, like I said, the hand of Montana, best of both worlds, and I the whole goal of this free master class is to show women that like they can do it too, that they can be rooted in their values and their family priority all of that, but also relentless about their standards and their goals and their growth and all of that. So, if anybody was listening to this and like, hell, yes, I vibe with this, and you want to really figure out how to become both rooted and relentless and make it this beautiful freedom and this med I think that messed together, reach out to me and I will let you know as soon as the master Class link is live, depending on when this comes out, otherwise I'll just send you the link afterwards the replay. Yeah awesome, Yeah.
Speaker 2: That sounds amazing, And of course everything will be linked in the show notes for people to check out. Thank you so much Paige for being here, and then to the listeners, thank you for coming back each and every week. If you left this episode go ahead and say it to one of your friends, just to let them know that you were thinking about them and until next week.
Speaker 3: No, I'm mistay everybody.
Speaker 2: Yes, thanks for listening. If this is your first time, peruse our feed to see if there's something.
Speaker 1: Else that will serve you.
Speaker 2: We're so grateful that you're here and invite you to join our inner circle by subscribing to our newsletter. If this episode resonated with you, help us spread the word by sending it to a friend.
Speaker 1: Who needs to hear this message.
Speaker 2: Likes, follows, sends, shares, and reviews. Help us to continue delivering high quality content to you for free each and every week. Don't forget to tag at master your yoga teaching so we can reshare.
Speaker 1: I am a certified yogi.
Speaker 2: However, this podcast cast is intended for information and entertainment only. If you are interested in mentorship or coaching with me, check out the website linked in the show notes to get more information. This content and other content produced by CLW Studios and affiliated partners, is not therapy, and nothing in this content indicates a therapeutic relationship. Any opinions of guests on the podcast are their own and do not represent the opinions of Mackenzie or CLW Studios. Learn more about Mackenzie, her guests, and CLW Studios by following the links in the show notes. Keep shining and we will see you next Wednesday for another dose of Master your Yoga Teaching NOMA.
Speaker 1: Stay blessed, s