Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: It's now time to find out what's up with Nick Poliochini, who joins us as customary in studio on a Tuesday.
Speaker 3: It's good to be here, and if you have been following along since the beginning of the show, you can go to it this weekend a Nick or Nick polio'keeo on Instagram and vote on the designer diapers for the OC fair outing you're really going to do this son? You know, while I've already talked to everybody in the chat room, No, I will not be going number two. I probably won't be going number one. Let's reset for eighty one, might just now be joining. So specifically we're looking and having a conversation about diapers and going in attending events wearing diapers so you didn't have to depart and find a restroom, and with a bit of food, conversation for affairs in general and things that effect. We landed on designer adult diapers. So it's a long it's a very long thread to have followed from the beginning of the show to now you volunteers and I volunteered because I am that guy, and I'm going to the OC Fair next Wednesday. It opens actually Thursday or this week Friday. Sorry, it opens this Friday, and I'll be talking about that in a minute, but I'll be there on Wednesday next week. Oh yeah, see you. If you go on to follow mister Mokelly on YouTube, you can see the adult diapers that you can sport and they're so continent. Okay, no, no, no, no, no no no, they're very convenient, surprisingly, But I did pick three styles that you can vote on. Uh. One is tuxedo black. The other one is like gaming and it has like gaming console like games on it. And I will be glad to explain even later, eventually when even Later becomes a part of the family, exactly why these diapers exist. But I'm going to move on to some other topics. Now wait, wait, what's the gaming one? Is it like pac Man gaming con like gaming console, like the controller control, thank you, and different things? So it's got like the game Boy controllers and the old school Superintendo control and stuff like that. Oh, where's the joystick though? Answer the question? Wow, I literally heard the doors are closed in the studio, so they don't use joysticks. Anymore. Okay, please proceed. Oh thanks, Mark, I love that you chose this one to jump in on them all things. Mark, I'm just trying to make a positive contribution. Yeah, secretly curious. Yeah, I think he's really curious. And the funniest part is they come in a two pac Mark, so it sounds like you're doing this activity with you too, buddy. I gotta go. Yeah, yeah, back to the news. So anyway, so that's what's going on there. To bring it back here and reset I want to talk about and if you are joining us on YouTube, you can see I'm decked out in my Disney best and that is not a surprise or for me because even though I've been talking about it for two months now and started on May seventeenth, we are officially in the week of the seventieth anniversary of Disneyland Park and the celebrations of festivity is going on to the Disneyland resorts. But what I want to specifically talk about is something that came out in the media social media, specifically yesterday. There is a brand new animatronic that was featured at Main Street or on Main Street, and it will be available. I'll be bringing it to you on social media on Thursday the seventeenth, which is the official seventieth anniversary of Disneyland. But Walt Disney has actually been made into an audio animatronic for the very first time ever Didney. Didney disapprove of that, see, And that's the thing. And I've been digging for those stories and it's really funny because they seem to be buried. But yes, there was specialty as opposed to that. He was very much opposed to that. So obviously something has changed in the Disney camp, either the Walt Disney Company, the Disney family, something in that fact, because a lot of this partnered with the Walt Disney Museum, the Disney Family Museum, which is based at the Embarcadera up in San Francisco, and they actually provide a lot of the source material to learn Walt. But if you have not looked this up yet, and you can see it right now on YouTube from a distance, you might see Walt Disney. When you see it up close, it looks nothing like the man. And it is very, very, very unnerving. And if you're familiar with the concept of uncanny valley where something is so close but not quite there, I'm surprised they did use like a hologram. They truly use him correct and I think so the thing that's interesting here this is based on Main Street and it will be alternating with great moments with mister Lincoln, which has seen massive leaps and bounds in technology with audioomatronics. And it's very interesting because this is based on Walt Disney from nineteen sixty three is the specific source material. So that would have been when the Florida Project which is now Walt Disney is Well was being built. That was also when Disneyland was being expanded and the New York's Fair was going on the world for flare going all those things incredibly important things to the Walt Disney Company and Walt Disney himself, milestones for him. But you can see the videos now. You got to check this out on YouTube.
Speaker 2: It's one thing to discuss it, but you can see it right at mister Molkelly on YouTube.
Speaker 3: And I will be seeing it live and in person on Thursday and bringing that to you as well, so I'll have different angles, different shots that you're being able to see right now. But a shout out to my friend Scott Gustin who he is a really well known theme park media person, and he has a sub stack, and so he pretty much goes through beautifully and talks about all the things related to this, how absolutely incredible it is. Even if it does not look and embody Walt to a t, it does embody Walt's imagination and moving forward and new activities. And that is, you know, as long as there's imagination in the world, Disneyland will never be complete. Was one of the major quotes, maybe not exactly word for word, but one of the most popular quotes that it is said that Walt had stated that, you know, as long as there's magic in the world, as long as there's imagination in creativity, Disneyland and the Walt Disney Company will not be complete. So this, along with a brand new Verse at a Small World, will be premiering on Thursday for the official seventieth anniversary of Disneyland. The Sherman Brothers, who did a lot of the music that we're familiar with from the Renaissance, or even not the Renaissance period that's the eighties and nineties, but from the beginning from the Walt Disney Company. The Sherman Brothers put together Mary Poppins and all these different music that you know from the Walt Disney Company, including It's a Small World, and so there is a brand new Before Richard Sherman, I'm pretty sure that was one of the two Sherman brothers just passed away last year. Before he passed away, he actually finished a brand new final verse for It's a Small World as we know it, So that will be premiering on Thursday as well. I will be there, but there's a lot happening, and there's a lot of things happening at Downtown Disney. This is always that free ninety nine concept where yes, you do have to pay ten dollars for parking if you are visiting Downtown Disney itself, but there's so much going on there between didn't Tai Fun, which is an incredible restaurant to check out. You get Sit and Sunder which is a local coffee shop out of Inglewood, which Mooe and I both know very well. They're down at Downtown Disney. I'll be there also Monday and Tuesday, maybe Wednesday of next week experiencing a bunch of new things that will be coming as the seventieth continues to celebrate. But I'm always trying to find ways for you to enjoy these really impressive activities with a little bit more thoughtfulness when it comes to your pocketbook realistically. So that's where it's at for Disney. And I won't say too much because you already covered it and we did talk about it a little bit on the OC Fair, but we can reset. No, no, no, we're fine. Let's talk about the fair, talk about the fair. We are going to talk about the fair absolutely. But for me, I love a fair. The thing that I'm a little bit and I have not taken the deep enough dive to find out, but the thing that I've always loved in the past with the fair is that you could get in for free with a donation. And I don't see that on the website this year.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: I may have missed it. It may have I have misclicked or whatever. So it's very likely there you probably want money this ye right, that's exactly correct, And I think that's kind of that goes back to us. Our conversation at the beginning of the show was specifically how much more expensive it is, especially when it comes to parking, And I think that's the most wild thing that the parking rates have continued to rise at Disneyland thirty five dollars Universal, as Tula said earlier, thirty five dollars and whis even more wild to me, so not Spvery Farm. Same, but you can also get a higher rate or better preferred parking, which is fifty to fifty five dollars at Disneyland, not Sperry Farm and Universal Studios. Actually I think the Universal is seventy five dollars for the front gate parking damn, which is a good portion of the gate admission, which is wild because you can get like sixty three dollars tickets to Universal and spend seventy five dollars if you want to park at the front gate. So anyway, OC Fair is well worth it. My recommendations for you there having done it four years. There are many places in and around coast to Mesa, which is where the fair is located, where you're able to park and sometimes for free. Granted it may require you to get your steps in for the day, but with as much delicious food as you'll be consuming, and they have their five dollars Taste of the Fair food, which is something that I love. It is available every single day which is new because it used to just be like one or two days of the fair per week. Now every single day of the fair from open which is about eleven am until four pm, you get five dollars samples from almost every food vendor there, so you can really go and share the food and enjoy. So it's a really good way to save a few bucks to go to the oc Fair. And it's just down the street from Disneyland and Cosamesa, so it's not too bad of a deal that way.
Speaker 2: Debbie Treudberger in the Mo Migos Motown chat says at Nick Pouliochetti loving the face for Look, what does the hubby think of it?
Speaker 3: Uh, thank you very much, Debbie. Here he's like, I'm scruffy. And this is the funny part. We come from so many years of radio that we don't really think about it, and so it always is like, Okay, I got my Disney fit, I've got everything that I'm gonna shake correct and then it's like, oh, but I'm gonna have a camera in my face, Debbie, what do you think about it? Because my husband is on board, but he also sports a go tee himself, so in fact he is just going through a whole new experience because he is getting uh he's had a horrible teeth growing up as a kid, and he's been going through that whole process of getting it dealt with so as the ages and he can chew correctly and everything else. But he just got brand new teeth. So if you follow me Nick paulio'channi this week with Nick on social media, you'll be seeing him and his new grill here real, real soon, which he's very excited about. I've never seen him. He smiles a lot, but he smiles a lot more. Now, did he get get any gold? I'm trying, like, I'm leaning toward the like, so you know it could be temporary, okay, but the implants look amazing. Oh my gosh. Oh I know he went through hell. Then he did go through hell, and I was there for most of the whole.
Speaker 2: Oh oh, we talk about that because I to Wallace had some putt in.
Speaker 3: I've had one put it and it's crowns. It's really what it is. I still wouldn't wish it on anybody. No, it's and it was wild and I was there, and you know, I was there for moral support. But yeah, it's it's a new experience and to the point that he's like, you know, I'm forty some years old and I'm learning to chew again. Yeah, because you have to look a different bite pattern. So yeah, but yeah, that's it for now.
Speaker 2: When we come back, we'll have more with Nick paulo'keanne and find out what else is up with him and more.
Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from kf I am six forty.
Speaker 3: What's up? What you? What's up?
Speaker 1: When Kelly U.
Speaker 2: K IF I am six forty Yes, later with Mo Kelly. We're live just about everywhere, you know, at Jamma's house, you know, neighborhood. That's how we roll a corner, Nick poly keating, what's still going on?
Speaker 3: Got so much going on? In fact, we had kind of a loll out of the fourth of July. So much is back in effect for you, So starting out or kind of staying in Orange Canty, why where we were before the break? Thursday Nights Downtown Fullerton markets have been going since April, but they are still in effect through September. It's a good time if you're just looking for something that is free. Ninety nine not a last call situation, but definitely for to go out and enjoy yourself. Also in Orange County, you've got a similar situation called Sunset Markets on Thursdays, and that is happening in the city of Tustin. So both of those are great. I've done them both in the past. The one thing that I'm really excited about, but I'll be in San Diego for Pride this weekend, is that the greatest show on surf is returning. And I only say returning because it kind of took a lull after the pandemic. But San Clemente, the forty seventh Annual Ocean Festival, is taking place this weekend. Well worth your time, even if you just want to go to the beach, and then there's so much happening in and along the coastline for Sant Clemente. It's a great time. But the weather's supposed to be great this weekend, so maybe you want to take a road trip quick up to Santa Barbara. The California Wine Festival is happening this weekend. And also if you want to stay a little bit closer to home, the sixty first Annual Greek Fest will be happening over in the South Bay, so not too bad of a deal there. That's brought to you by Saint Catherine's Greek Orthodox Church, and that's been well, they've been a church since nineteen sixty four. But also this one, I'm not done and I don't know, it feels a little bogie. But Festival Beverly Hills that's happening on Sunday. That's not free, right, I was gonna say that is not free. It is from noon to six and Global Inspired Arts and Performance festival happening for that, So that's something if you're looking for something unique. Also, you've got lacmad we'll have their Latin sounds Sandre Nueva that is happening this weekend. And then the Music Center Dance on Friday Night is going to be happening. Happening actually started last month, but it goes on Fridays seven to eleven. I did this last week. It's in the Jerry Moss Plaza. It is free ninety nine. They have live music, they have DJs. It's a really good time. They have food and drink available. Also, if you're looking for something with a little bit more flava, the Festival Columbiana will be happening in Pico Rivera that is celebrating it's twentieth anniversary and happening this Sunday. And also if you're looking for something in the ie, the Summer Street Fair is back. It starts and started actually last week in Corona and that runs all the way through August. It's a little warm, but not too bad of a deal there. And then all so if you're heading out to Palm Springs, you have Village Fest, which happens every Thursday throughout the year. It's a really great opportunity that one is free ninety nine. There's lots of food, arts, crafts, entertainment that are happening. Again, a little warm but not too crazy bad. And then I'm heading down to San Diego this weekend because even though June is Pride month, Pride parades happen all year long around the country and around the world. This weekend will be San Diego Pride. And the reason I will be going is because I will be actually marching with the Walt Disney Company in the parade, and that is I will be and it will be in celebration of two incredible friends of mine who I'll be em seeing their retirement party and celebration, I guess you would say at Disneyland. So this Friday, I'll be doing a special presentation with them at the Golden Horseshoe Review inside of Disneyland Park. James Prior JP and Steve Alkenberg, who were my very first two leads when I hired in at Disney back in nineteen ninety eight. I did work for the Walt Disney Company from nineteen ninety eight through two thousand and three, and I did open Disney California venture, the Grand California Hotel, and worked all the operating partners at Downtown Disney. But JP and Steve are really a huge contribution to who I am and how I am and how I interact with people and my customer service and listening to me here for the last twenty ISSU years on the radio. A lot of it comes from their mentorship and development. Steve being quite the boisterous individual and JP being a little bit more speak softly but carry big stick kind of a guy. So I'm excited for that. But that is also why I would be joining the entire team from the Disneyland resort as well as imagineering in Glendale and the studios here in Burbank and we will all be heading down to San Diego for the weekend, and you're going to be posting all the picks at this weekend with me. Yes, I'll be posting all the picks with this week It would nike it Nick Pouliochini. Instagram is always the easiest. But I am on the TikTok as you are now trying to push everybody at TikTok well, I was like, I don't know is that And I do my very best not to be the child that's like, you know what the kids say today these days. But on TikTok Uh, Instagram, Snapchat, YouTube, all the things
Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty