Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon and you're listening to KFI AM six forty, the Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app. This just in from Washington. President Trump will pardon Rob Blagoyevitch. He's going to pardon him five years after commuting sentence on corruption charges. Blagoyevitch, who famously sold his seat or tried to famously sold Barack Obamas seat there in Illinois when he became president.
Speaker 2: Also one of the more fun names to say. Sure, it took a while. It's like Leoni Karpois or whatever. Her the Kaleigeow whisperer was a spokesperson for Hamas, says that that group is going to delay the next hostage release after they accused Israel violating their ceasefire. Israel and Hamas are in the midst of a six week ceasefire. Hamas has been releasing hostages captured on October seventh, twenty three, in exchange four thousands of Palestinian prisoners. This next exchange is scheduled for Saturday. Really seen three Israeli hostage in exchange for hundreds of Palestinian prisoners. But Amas right now has ended this system that the paid stipends to the families of Palestinian prisoners, including those convicted in the deadly attacks there on Israel.
Speaker 3: If you're sad about the.
Speaker 1: Super Bowl and football season being over, it's really not going to be that long. I think it's like two weeks or something before the combine gets underway.
Speaker 4: So are you going again this year?
Speaker 3: I've never gone to the combine. I got mail, Let's get it. It's a beautiful floral card here. Oh, dear Shannon, you get my special stationary.
Speaker 4: Oh that's not good.
Speaker 1: Why oh you took it to a dark place. The penmanship would I don't know. Actually it could be a male penmanship. Originally I started writing letters to improve my handwriting, but it morphed into a way to just spread love and fun. We all love a handwritten letter, right I do. I get letters cards back, and so I benefit from that. I started adding stickers too. People love that too. I always get interesting stamps at the post office, and believe it or not, the clerk loves when I come in for them. I think it's probably a more interesting part of their job. Anyway, I've settled.
Speaker 3: On to.
Speaker 1: Things I love to putehn know, Oh to pens I love, I see, and then listed the type of pen. Enjoy the stickers and use the stamps from Casey and Anaheim.
Speaker 4: I got one too, Oh you did. That's the one that gave me the stickers.
Speaker 3: Oh, I see. Your message is in as long as mine.
Speaker 4: I don't also get the special stationary if you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Look at these fun stickers. These are fun. Look at this. That's also a gorilla.
Speaker 4: I think that's a.
Speaker 1: Bigfoot, right right right? Well, Carlsbad sticker San Diego. Look at this represent Huntington Beach Boom.
Speaker 3: Here's one. This is I have no idea what I'm doing. I'll try not to take that personally.
Speaker 4: It's time for swamp watch.
Speaker 3: There's SpongeBob, which means.
Speaker 4: I'm a cheap and a liar. And when I'm not kissing babies.
Speaker 3: It's a girl smoking up.
Speaker 4: The real problem is that our leaders are dumb.
Speaker 3: The other side never quit, So.
Speaker 4: I'm not going anywhere. So that you train the squad, I can imagine what can be and be unburdened by.
Speaker 3: What has been.
Speaker 4: Americans have always been gone. They're not stupid. A political flunder is when a politician actually tells the truth. Have the people voted for you were not swamp watch? They're all countered.
Speaker 1: Can I just say that the stationary is beautiful? From Casey and Anaheim.
Speaker 4: Yes.
Speaker 3: Also, the stamp is a Jeopardy question.
Speaker 4: Oh well, mine didn't. Mine is just a piece. It just says peace. Mine isn't. What is it? What's here's your clue? Okay?
Speaker 1: This naturalized US citizen hosted the quiz show Jeopardy for thirty seven seasons.
Speaker 4: Oh it's Alex Remack Bang.
Speaker 2: President Trump says he's going to announce it twenty five percent tariff on all steel and aluminum imports, and that he is planning to impose reciprocal tariffs on the potential trading partners later this week.
Speaker 1: I'll be announcing probably Tuesday or Wednesday at a news conference reciprocal tariffs.
Speaker 3: And very simply, it's if they charge us.
Speaker 4: We charged them.
Speaker 2: Any steel coming into the United States is going to have a twenty five percent tariff, he said. Aluminum also, last year, Canada was the top steel supplier to the United States, followed by Brazil, Mexico, South Korea, and Vietnam.
Speaker 4: I guess.
Speaker 2: According to data from the American Iron and Steel Institute. That will be the opening salva when it comes to tariff talk. This is what we've seen this before, specifically with Canada and Mexico. So there will potentially be some negotiation that takes place between.
Speaker 4: Now and whenever this is officially over.
Speaker 2: President Trump also said he ordered the Treasury to stop minting new pennies. He said, for far too long, the US is minted pennies, which literally cost us more than two cents. It's actually apparently three point seven cents per penny produced.
Speaker 1: And nichols are extravagant ten eleven to thirteen cents per nickel.
Speaker 2: Congress is the agency, or is the arm of the government that actually oversees the production of coins and operations.
Speaker 4: So we're not we don't know.
Speaker 2: The Treasury hasn't said anything if they're planning to do this, if they're planning to do away with the penny or what.
Speaker 1: News from the resistance front House Democrats ramping up their efforts to respond to Trump's overhaul of the federal government. They've created a task force they say that would lead to lawsuits more lawsuits, I guess I should say against the administration. It's called the Rapid Response Task Force and Litigation Working Group. They call it part of a multifaceted struggle to protect and defend everyday Americans from the harm being inflicted by this administration. Hakim Jeffries is the House Minority leader that's at the helm of this. So they've gotten a flood of calls to their offices. Democrats have demanding they mount some sort of determined resistance to Trump and his allies.
Speaker 2: There's been a lot of discussion about what exactly Elon Musk and the Department of Government Efficiency are doing in these different agencies. By the way, he changed his Twitter handle to White House Tech Support. On Saturday morning, he tweeted a lengthy description of just an example of what DOGE has been doing. He said, to be clear, what the Dosee team and US Treasury have jointly agreed makes sense. Is the following requiring that all outgoing government payments have a payment categorization code, which is necessary in order to pass financial audits. This is frequently left blank, which would make audits almost impossible simple. Another one, all payments must include a rationale for the payment in the comment field, which is currently left blank. Imagine that importantly, we are not yet applying any judgment to the rationale, simply requiring that some attempt be made to explain payment more than nothing. The stuff that you and I would do if we're balancing our checkbooks on a regular.
Speaker 1: Basis, Why do we need to buy that kangaroo? Well I want the kangaroo. Well you're gonna have to come up with the rationale, honey, Like nobody's asking questions. People are just spending money willy nilly. And that's where you're getting all the fraud too.
Speaker 2: The do not pay list of entities known to be fraudulent, or people who are dead or are probable fronts for terrorist organizations, or do not match congressional appropriations must actually be implemented and not ignored. Also, a concurrently take up to a year to get on this list, which is far too long. This list should be updated at least weekly, if not daily. Those are just three things, Just those three. And he said that man sense not radical thought either. He says they're super obvious, they're necessary changes, and they're being implemented by the existing long time career government employees, not anyone from DOGE. And he said it's ridiculous that these changes didn't exist already. But to give you an example, he said, when I ask anyone at Treasury had a rough guess for what percentage of the number that goes out one hundred billion dollars a year to entitlement payments to people without Social security or even a temporary ID, he said, how many? How much of that is unequivocal obvious fraud? And the consensus in the room was that about half of it, Yeah, is obvious fraud. Right, that's a billion dollars a week that go out that goes out through Treasury through these payments that are just done because they've always been done.
Speaker 1: Look at what we've chronicled what goes on in our backyard at La City Hall and the amount of contracts and city council people who have had their hands in those contracts and have gone.
Speaker 3: To prison because of it.
Speaker 1: That's going on at every level of government, and they're relying on people not paying attention. And it's reason why everyone hates Elon Musk. Oh my god, he's gonna come in and he's gonna cut, cut, cut, Well, you know what, He's also going to uncover a lot of criminal activity and the people that are shouting from the rooftops of oh, how dare you touch the precious federal government. They should watch their backs because doth protests too much. People are getting kickbacks like crazy, and they have, like you said, for a very long time, because it's just the way it's always been done. It would be nice to have some accounting for where your tax dollars go, because you're not operating in your home with a petty cash ten like Christina Applegate did.
Speaker 3: And don't tell them the babysitters dead.
Speaker 1: You don't get to just dip your hand into the petty cash till the way the lawmakers in Washington have been doing your entire life, and somebody finally calling them out on it is maybe.
Speaker 3: What we need.
Speaker 2: It's terrifying the right people. A lot of this will still be taken to court. Lawyers for the Trump administration had to argue last night that a court order that blocked Elon's aids from entering the Treasury Department's payment and data systems impinged on the president's absolute powers of the executive branch. They said the courts cannot usurp that this came in response to the lawsuit that was filed on Friday.
Speaker 4: They actually won a temporary pause.
Speaker 3: I have more mail.
Speaker 1: I got a box of mail from somebody named Gary. What different last name?
Speaker 4: Who names a baby? Gary.
Speaker 1: Kanye pulled some very expensive, very anti semitic wool over the eyes of Fox when he purchased his Super Bowl TV ad thirty second spot. It was shot on his iPhone, shocked a lot of people. He had declared on Friday that he is a Nazi. With direct knowledge told TMZ that Fox approved the ad Friday to air Sunday and three markets La Filly in Atlanta, but that processed was purely based on two things, the content of the ad and the website it was promoting. In this case Yeezy dot com that the video passed muster with Fox and when they checked his website Friday, there was nothing offensive on it, just normal Yeezy Athletic and at leisure gear. At some point on Sunday, the site reduced the offerings to just that one item, the T shirt with the swastika on the chest. It did not come into play all the social media crazy stuff that that Fox approves. The approved the ad basically on the basis of the content, not on all the things behind it.
Speaker 3: It was eight million dollars.
Speaker 2: On the basis of the content. It was just as dumb him sitting in a dentist chair.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but it's subjective, I guess. I mean, it's not offensive. He was sitting in a dentist chair.
Speaker 1: Eight million dollars through a third party advertising agency. They don't know when he made the purchaser, when he shot it, but they say it's commonly the agency's job to vet the clients it's pitching to the network.
Speaker 4: Why can't we avoid him?
Speaker 2: Why can't we seem to get away from him?
Speaker 3: I mean, I don't.
Speaker 5: He's clearly still going through a mental health crisis. So he was diagnosed bipolar and had been on drugs for that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, then recently came out and said that he was rediagnosed, not bipolar, but autistic. So he stopped taking his medication.
Speaker 3: Happens.
Speaker 1: People want to feel all the fields, and so they stopped taking the things that regulate the fields.
Speaker 4: And you'll see a bunch of different versions of what was the best commercial at the Super Bowl yesterday.
Speaker 6: It has been a banner year for the National Football League called the National Football From the.
Speaker 4: Very beginning, football has been a conspiracy to make us hungry, and we'll call this a big skin. Make people great bacon bacon. Everybody loves bacon. I love bacon. That was Kevin Bacon. I mean it's fun. Yeah, it's fun. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Some of them were fun.
Speaker 4: Some of them were fun. The Matt Damon turns out to be.
Speaker 2: David Beckham, David Beckham's twin brother, long lost twin.
Speaker 4: You Beckham, Dave Beckham, No way, My brother is a famous soccer player. Yeah, so how famous are you, like, Matt Damon famous? Maybe benefflet famous.
Speaker 3: It was funny.
Speaker 1: At one point, Matt, they're meeting for the first time and Matt Damon, who's you know, David Beckham, Dave Beckham or whatever, the other David Beckham.
Speaker 3: His friend's same, the kids the same, well, the David, the other David. And that's kind of funny.
Speaker 1: But at some point his friends are in the backyard and they're grilling and stuff, and he tossed this front's I'm a football and he kicks a football about five hundred yards and he goes, ah, that's just something I do.
Speaker 3: He says to David Beckham, like how funny is that?
Speaker 2: There were a lot of flying facial hair moments were there like the Pringles add the can is empty.
Speaker 3: You know what was missing from your party?
Speaker 2: Yes, I do know what was missing from the party, and it was Pringles and it was Tim Conway Junior.
Speaker 4: Is that what we're going to start now? It? Did you really want to?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 4: I picked that scab.
Speaker 1: For like a week and a half. You've said Conway was going to be the party in Conway. Had Springles and Conway on my head for two weeks. And I get there and there's everything but Pringles and Tim Conway.
Speaker 2: GUNI I feel like Lucy pulled the ball away right as you were going to kick it and you fell on your butt.
Speaker 3: I don't know that reference, but yes.
Speaker 4: Snoopy and the Peanuts people. Hey, the kid Charlie Brown, bald guy, yellow shirt, he goes to kick the football and Lucy always moves the football, does she.
Speaker 1: I've only I only see the Christmas thing because my husband watches it. I was ever a Peanuts person. I never I what Yeah, I'm sorry, blind spot. I mean I understand Lucy and Charlie Brown and the kid with the blanket and the kid with the darkness, but yeah, I'm only really exposed to the Christmas one where Charlie's trying to figure out what does.
Speaker 3: It all mean?
Speaker 1: And then they like stort a lemonade stand or something, and then the Blazer.
Speaker 3: Piano just blowing the can and they dance around again.
Speaker 4: Do it and then all the mustaches fly off.
Speaker 2: I have everybody's faces and they're bringing pringles cans to the party where the pringles were empty.
Speaker 3: That was like your party.
Speaker 4: There were no pringle.
Speaker 2: But I also didn't see any mustache just slamming up against the window.
Speaker 1: There was one mustache at your party except for my dog for you. Wow, you pointed you get me in front?
Speaker 2: The other one one of the classics again if Butdweiser does it.
Speaker 4: They do them all very well.
Speaker 2: The horse I labeled it as the horse walks into the bar because it was really the only thing that was said through most of the commercial. Young horse wants to be part of the Clydesdale's and the farmer tells him no, no, no, you're not You're not ready yet. And then the farmer takes off and is a big wagon with the Clydesdale's pulling the big beer truck. The big beer wagon, I guess, and a keg falls off, and the little horse jumps the fence and pushes with his nose the keg all the way to the bar.
Speaker 4: A horse walks into a buck and then literally a horse walked into the bar, and.
Speaker 2: The horse guy is standing there also because he had just made the deliverty of the bar, and he's like, oh, you rascal.
Speaker 1: What was the thing about the ritz crackers and the bad Bunny?
Speaker 3: What was that all about?
Speaker 2: All I saw was that they when they had stink face on Aubrey Plaza and whoever else that was yeah, like just resting bitch face.
Speaker 3: Oh really?
Speaker 2: And then rits weren't going to make them happy? And then bad Bunny was there, and I guess was happy. I couldn't really hear it. And then I had to check with your husband to make sure that that was in fact bad Bunny. I needed an actual id on that, and he gave me a thumbs up.
Speaker 4: That was bad Bunny.
Speaker 1: You'd have to know my husband to understand the funniness of what I'm about to say. But yesterday when we went to Arizona to see the Savannah Bananas on Saturday night, Yeah, woke up Sunday catch an early flight back to make it to Super Bowl And the first thing he said at like six am, waking up in Phoenix and he says, they not like us, and I was like what what?
Speaker 2: And then he just kept repeating it. Did you hear the whole conversation about Tom Brady's watch?
Speaker 1: Also, no, I heard you say something about it, but I was in a conversation, so I missed what the gist was.
Speaker 2: First of all, there were people there who were saying, listen, job number one when you're on TV is don't wear something that's distracting. It's not about you. You're I mean, yes, you're Tom Brady, but you're there to call the game.
Speaker 4: And he wore this.
Speaker 2: Bright yellow band yellow watch. It's about seven hundred and forty thousand dollars watch.
Speaker 3: Are you serious?
Speaker 4: Yeah, seven hundred and forty thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: Watch so thirsty? Why is he still so thirsty? Is it because he had attention for so long and then poof, now it's gone. It's only a fourth of what it used to be.
Speaker 4: Now he's third ranked in the Fox meetings when they sit down.
Speaker 3: And talk about the game, like so tone deaf right.
Speaker 1: It's one thing if you want to wear your three quarters of a million dollar watch to you know, your yacht party with Magic Johnson or something like that. But on national television for the super Bowl, which is kind of an everyman's sport, you're gonna wear something that costs more.
Speaker 4: Than most people's homes.
Speaker 1: Percent of people's homes. Yes, yeah, crazy?
Speaker 4: All right? Do you pig Shirley Temple fan the drink not the actual I feel like.
Speaker 3: The drink is a gateway drug, and.
Speaker 4: Uh, there's some concern here.
Speaker 1: I've always my first Shirley Temple when I was about six. I was like, I don't know, I feel like you're getting me ready for something like.
Speaker 4: When you take the hydra codone home. Yeah, don't tell me where it is exactly, tell me how to make a Surely, I mean surely.
Speaker 1: How did it not pave the way for Cosmopolitans and that movement?
Speaker 2: There is a kid Leo Kelly, an eleven year old Shirley Temple critic who has bartenders shaking in their boots, you know, just.
Speaker 3: Out of curiosity on that cruise with John Cobelt.
Speaker 4: Are people going to see any of those seals that were like in that commercial inside.
Speaker 7: The Blue Lagoon?
Speaker 4: So I'm out I think it was freaky.
Speaker 3: Man. I love that spot. It makes me want to travel with John so much.
Speaker 1: It's like, come with me through the dumb drop fields and the meadows of rainbows and sprinkles each sugar with me under the falls of the blue Lagoon?
Speaker 7: Where Jerry, what what? What? What? What has happened right here? How has this lady never seen man scene before? Like, I'm like, I'm just confused now, like just straight confusion, Baker, watch it. I'm out.
Speaker 1: Like I'm aware of Peanuts, you know. I I was just talking to Alex Stone about this. I went to Santa Rosa ice skating rink. I know that they I just never watched. I never was immersed in Peanuts cartoons. Is that what they were? Cartoons?
Speaker 3: Or are they books? Or probably all the all the things.
Speaker 4: It was a comic strip.
Speaker 1: Comic strip, Yeah, I didn't really. Yeah, So I apologize for that blind spot. I mean, I'm aware of Peanuts. I know the whole thing.
Speaker 2: You didn't know that, Lucy. I didn't know the thing about the football was manipulated.
Speaker 4: Charlie Brown.
Speaker 1: I know that every time I have to watch the Christmas thing, she annoys me. She gets on my nerves, and I'm like, why would you watch this for fun? She's annoying as hell.
Speaker 4: She's going to pull the football away again.
Speaker 3: She's just a.
Speaker 1: Thorn in my side. I don't enjoy her, but I guess that's the point of her. But you're supposed to come around in the end. I never come around with her.
Speaker 3: She annoys me.
Speaker 4: Hey, what's up, Fury?
Speaker 3: But Shannon, if I had to say what cartoon character you would be, you would be Lucy for sure. Oh wow, okay, yeah that's her.
Speaker 4: Fun Like you don't know it?
Speaker 3: Come on now?
Speaker 1: See he said that because he has no He doesn't think I have an idea that Lucy's annoying.
Speaker 4: When I was a kid, I made up my own drink called the Cyndi Lauper, which was a Shirley Temple with orange juice in it. Oh, that actually doesn't sound too bad.
Speaker 3: It sounds like a little tequila sunrise, a.
Speaker 4: Cracker in my most. But I have been swallowing, I'm the most one by one?
Speaker 3: What's that?
Speaker 4: That's Shirley Temple? Do you know what Shirley Temple is?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Okay, she also would pull the football. Fictional or real Shirley Temple.
Speaker 1: Yeah, was that the actress's name or was she a fictional character?
Speaker 2: No, that's her okay, And then after she got married as an adult, she went by Shirley Temple Black.
Speaker 4: She had a hyphenated name.
Speaker 3: Oh that's cool.
Speaker 4: Leo Kelly's an eleven year old who reviews Shirley Temple's in different restaurants.
Speaker 3: Do you get to be a kid named Leo and not be the eccentric.
Speaker 2: Eccentric, percoci kocious per kosha there is a difference.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't mean to taint the Leos of the world that are children, but I just feel like every Leo I've met is.
Speaker 3: A little extra.
Speaker 2: Leo has taken the Internet by storm by giving Shirley Temples at different restaurants a rating on a ten point scale.
Speaker 1: Well, it's true some places did do Shirley Temples better than others. I would make a hard case for Westlake Joe's putting together a mean Shirley Temple circle.
Speaker 3: Nineteen eighty eight.
Speaker 2: There was a Jeen George Voon Grichten working in the kitchen of Happy Monkey, a restaurant in Greenwich, Connecticut, and an employee pulls them aside and says, we have a critic coming in, and Jean George says, I'm always nervous when someone tries my food, but in this case it is very nerve racking because he knows that the critic is going to order an item that's not actually on the menu, and it is a Shirley Temple.
Speaker 1: You gotta be careful with the grenadine, you know, sometimes they put too much.
Speaker 4: You can oversweeten.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: He does account for ambience and service, but the bulk of the rating, according to Leo, based on the taste in the appearance he likes.
Speaker 3: Ginger ale over lemon lime.
Speaker 8: Duh.
Speaker 1: He did dux points for various missteps like serving the drink in a plastic cup, what are you a monster? Using store bought grenadine, or garnishing with fewer than three cherries.
Speaker 3: I always just like the one cherry. Too many cherries can be too much.
Speaker 2: In this case, Jean George at Happy Monkey used small batch grenadine, homemade ginger syrup, and just a bit of Taheen seasoning.
Speaker 4: And Leo gave his Cheerley Temple a nine point three.
Speaker 3: What was it was? The boys?
Speaker 1: Shirley Temple was the girl's drink because it was pink? Was it the Roy Rogers?
Speaker 4: What was the other one that sounds about right?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I never did either one of those, and you didn't ever want my life. My family was big at knocking back Shirley Temples for me.
Speaker 2: By the way, Leo's father is vice president at a sports and entertainment agency, and he says, I thought it would be a hit for my six year old to film his to film his food reviews. He was sipping a Shirley Temple by the pool at Gurney's, a Luxury Report, a luxury resort in Newport, Rhode Island, when he asked his father to record a video.
Speaker 4: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: And he has a personality that people love, says dad. That's been since he was born, says dad.
Speaker 1: If my little ten year old was going around given bartenders reviews on their Shirley Temple, I'd slap them into next Tuesday.
Speaker 3: The hell do you think you are? Get out of here, think you're doing?
Speaker 6: Hey, Gary Shannon, love the show, Love you guys, You're awesome. Regarding Tom Brady's watch, it struck me as you were talking about to forgive me. I have young kids in my home, but there's a great little skit during Mowana, the original one called Shiny with a crab talking about how shiny and seeing how shiny wants to be.
Speaker 4: I think Tom Brady is that crab.
Speaker 6: You can pull up the audio easily, but I have too much respect for your other listeners to sing it for you.
Speaker 4: But it's all about being shiny. I think that's Tommy. Yeah, like a trash it.
Speaker 3: From a sunken pirate red scrub the deck and make kidneys shiny.
Speaker 4: I would paper like the wealthy Woman's Meg just a sick don't she know? BI should dumb zum bitch. I've never seen more.
Speaker 3: I haven't either. I want to. It's on my list ibe, I'll watch it today.
Speaker 7: All right.
Speaker 2: Egg hoarding, it's time for us to start packing eggs away into our garages, just like we did the toilet paper.
Speaker 3: Did you see the meme that's been making the rounds.
Speaker 1: Like back in my day, we had so many eggs and toilet paper, we would use them to trash the homes of our enemies.
Speaker 4: That's clever, right, that's fun. That's a fun joke.
Speaker 2: Bremlin is not confirming whether President Putin spoke with President Trump. Despite the fact that President Trump said they have been speaking. Russian Deputy four and Minister Sergei Ryabkov sold a media conference that relations with Washington are balancing on the brink of a breakup and reiterated that the war in Ukraine would last until Keeve drops its ambitions to join NATO and withdraws from the four regions that are currently occupied by Russian forces.
Speaker 1: I've got news you can use. Starbucks giving away free coffee all day to day. CEO says it's to promote its rewards loyalty program to build warm connections with customers. To get the free twelve ounce drink, members can activate the coupon in the app or in store. Guests will start to see the handwritten positive affirmations.
Speaker 3: On their cups.
Speaker 4: Bitch, I'm excited.
Speaker 1: Condiment bars are making a comeback, and there's free coffee refills for regular They've also scaled down their menu by about a third in an effort to increase efficiency and customer experiension I.
Speaker 8: For Dodger bag are they reporting pictures and catchers report today, Today, Today, Wow, and then most of the teams throughout the course of this week.
Speaker 4: They're kind of stagger them every once in a while.
Speaker 2: But because the Dodgers and Cubs are playing in Tokyo in the middle of March to start the regular season, they get to show up a little bit early.
Speaker 3: You are going to spring training this year?
Speaker 2: Yea next week or about two weekends. The first weekend of spring training is when I'm gonna go. Okay, yeah, we're watching I think it's.
Speaker 4: Giants Rangers one day and then the Angels taken on the Something's on the next day.
Speaker 3: Where do you stay? Do you stay in Phoenix or Glendale?
Speaker 4: My buddy's son lives out there, so we're gonna stay with him.
Speaker 3: That's nice.
Speaker 2: His son and daughter actually out there, but the daughter's not gonna be there, so it's just gonna be three dudes hanging out cool with a case of the Mondays.
Speaker 3: Yes, there you go, taste the Rockies.
Speaker 4: Speaking of baseball, though, Keik Hernandez signed a one year deal to stay with the Dodgers.
Speaker 2: It's a fun character. He's fun to watch. Not a you know, you know who I am, But I've always liked him. He's always a good he always seen He's the guy who looks like he's having fun playings what you love to say game for a living well.
Speaker 1: People have been seen lining up bright and early at Billy's egg Farm and drive through store in Chino to buy fresh eggs.
Speaker 3: I didn't even know Billies existed. That's a fun fact.
Speaker 1: A long stretch of car is Saturday, all waiting to get a fresh batch. Many said they started lining up at seven am, spent about an hour in line, farm ran out of eggs by eleven am. Of course, there has been scarce eggs at other places. I mentioned at Trader Joe's last week, the whole egg cooler was filled with blueberries and strawberries. Trader Joe's and Costco have place limits on eggs because people are hoarding.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I don't know where this pictures from, but this picture shows dozens of flats of eggs.
Speaker 3: And people are doing this so that they can resell them. Right, they have to be.
Speaker 2: You're not going to get through that many eggs before these eggs go bad, and they're not. I mean, they do take a long time to go bad, but they can.
Speaker 3: I would not buy eggs just off the street, would you.
Speaker 4: Did you know somebody stole a dozen eggs out of our fridge last night.
Speaker 3: What.
Speaker 4: No, I'm just kidding, but we do. I think we have three boxes of eggs.
Speaker 3: I was going to say. I was starting to pick out who I.
Speaker 4: Thought it was. No, Also, there was another egg robbery.
Speaker 3: It wouldn't be Deborah Mark No, because she's a vegan.
Speaker 4: It might have been my nephew.
Speaker 3: Why does he like eggs?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 3: He did look kind of squirrelly.
Speaker 2: Police are investigating a theft in West Seattle at a place called the Luna Park Cafe.
Speaker 4: You know where West Seattle is. You go across the bridge, it's right there.
Speaker 3: It's like going to the Islands.
Speaker 2: It's right as you get across the West Seattle Bridge on the West Seattle side. And they said that somebody made off with hundreds of eggs and some other breakfast foods in the early hours of I think it was Wednesday of last week, about four in the morning. Report of suspicious activity captured.
Speaker 4: On security cameras, and they made away with hundreds of eggs, so street value approximately forty two thousand dollars. Not really, we are going to have to get into this whole Lucy and Charlie Brown thing, because people are losing their minds that you didn't get the reference.
Speaker 1: Well, I didn't watch then, I didn't watch the stuff. Guys, I can't help you. I can't go back in time and redo the cartoon, watch the things that you missed.
Speaker 4: Person should never turn down a big honor, honor of kickoff on. Thanks, Yeah, I should do it.
Speaker 1: See here's the other thing she keep out. Growing up in my household, my dad was in charge of the television. He would have rather shot himself in the face than watched a moment of cartoons. He was in charge of the television what he referred to as the gun, which was the remote control. So that's how serious it was.
Speaker 3: In my home.
Speaker 1: There was no choice. There was no children's programming. It was maybe if you got up before he got up, like my brother would do, he would turn on his you know he man or whatever.
Speaker 4: Don't don't don't poo poo the he man.
Speaker 1: But I didn't really have a choice in the matter of the programming. So I was there was no Peanuts on.
Speaker 2: Well, I didn't go out and find Charlie Brown. Charlie Brown was always on, I mean the holidays, like you were talking.
Speaker 3: I know that would have never happened in my home. Yeah, sod for you. Huh, it is what it is. There are worse things, no, really.
Speaker 4: Yeah, pretty formative shows. Okay, Gary and Channon will continue. You miss any part of our show, you can always go back and listen to the podcast. Go to KFIAM six forty dot com, slash Gary and Shannon, or see all the Mafia movies everywhere, everywhere, everywhere you find your favorite podcast. Just search for Gary and Sham.
Speaker 3: We've seen all the episodes of Sanford and Son and what do you want you?
Speaker 2: Was he a big streets of San Francisco? Michael Douglas, Oh yeah, it was a big time. All right, we'll continue right after this.
Speaker 4: You've been listening to the Gary and Shannon Show. You can always hear us live on KFI AM six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.