Speaker 1: Okay, here we go.
Speaker 2: Pump Days smack dab in the middle of the week. Good morning, This is Ed McMahon. And now ladies and gentlemen, peep rid right. Oh yes, sir, wakey, wakey, hands off those Snakeyes, keep mama snaky. It's cold. Some of you are getting some freezing temperatures right now. We're sitting at around forty one here in the beautiful crime free Galleria area, sunny skies. Today, I have sixty two fresh shot in bed Head to head Tournament of Champions. It's weird to say. Twelve time Hall of Famer Josh the Goat take it on, Three time Hall of Famer Brian Tournament of Champions Goat Hunter out. Will the Goat go out? Today? Got to play the game, Garrey Clark June. Your tickets in Homeroom, I'll get you those on the fun Fact Flashback.
Speaker 3: The Pumpkin Spice, Bryce Is Rights.
Speaker 2: Will happen at seven twenty this morning for Tony's tickets. I think misters I gotta talk to Chile. I think mister Skin's coming on today just to talk about It's like a year end wrap up. Love that guy. A one hundred dollars collector's firearm gift card depending on where mister Skin's going to land on the show today, I'll have that for you closer to run A twenty eight to thirty. So I know a lot of people have been hitting me up for that gift card from collectors. Popper Oats Rise Against tickets early in the nine Ghost tickets they're playing the Toyota Center August sixteen. Tickets are on sale. Now, I've got tickets for you on know the show, all right, let's get after it. Good Morning TESTA one of Houston's headlines.
Speaker 4: Hey, good morning Rod Good running a homeroom so a merger everyteen grocery chains Kroger and Albertson's is being blocked and Jed's sided with the FTC on Tuesday, That was yesterday. They argued the merger would have eliminated head to head competition between the two chains. It's also said it would have led to higher prices for shoppers here in Houston. Mayor John Whitmyer said the city will build a pedestrian bridge over the railroad tracks where a Milby High School student was killed. The mayor said he asked the planning and public Worst Department to estimate the cost and would ask Union Pacific to foot the bill. This comes after a fifteen year old Sergioto that he has died Monday morning while trying to cross the tracks in front of a slow moving Union Pacific train on his way to school.
Speaker 5: All right, switching.
Speaker 4: Gears here, who's the hardest person to shop for this time of year? The top answer a new poll was moms. No partners or spouses really ten percent of the vote. Yeah, kids are next at fourteen percent. Then it's moms closely after at twelve percent.
Speaker 6: So moms are the worst.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 5: That's a gift giving headache. My moms is. My mom's pretty easy.
Speaker 4: She just wants something that has like all her kids, Like just include all our kids, Like make a flower guard and put everyone's name on it, make a burststone, everything on and it's got to include all the kids for my mom. R.
Speaker 6: Yeah, my mom's been around a long time. She's got all that, you.
Speaker 2: Know, she's got everything. Like I've given my mom like three things like I've given her repeats triple peats of things.
Speaker 8: My mom won't like stop asking me what I want and will you tell me what you want?
Speaker 2: I just want to be with you guys.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's what I want too.
Speaker 2: You know, you have to give me something.
Speaker 4: My mom has never said she just wants to be with me. Okay, let's do some entertainment news. Megan Fox, Machine Gun Kelly have broken up again. Sources say it's because she saw something on his phone that she didn't like. They have a baby dow in March. See, I don't know, like how close are these sources? Supposedly they ended things when they were in Veiled Colorado over Thanksgiving because she saw something on the phone. MGK left the vacation early. They haven't seen each other since, you didn't know. Megan announced her pregnancy in early November and the baby is due in March, so hopefully they can figure it out by then. Well, let's talk about AI, because we have AI to thank for. Frank Sinatra, Sammy Davis Junior appearing with Snoop Dogg and Doctor Dre in an ad for their still g I n Is it a revolutionary commercial or is it a little freaky?
Speaker 2: The guy from the Freshot I Had Head to Head made a commercial where oh the real Sammy Davis Junior, Oh, the real one? The guy that was in the rat pack. All right, that gotcha?
Speaker 4: Okay, it's listen, go find go tell us if you think it's revolutionary or freaking some of the music block paper.
Speaker 5: It might have its own blog page.
Speaker 6: It's got its own page.
Speaker 2: Those are Houston, So AI is wild. AI is Wild. It's Snoop Dogg standing and talking to Frank Sinatra and it looks pretty good. You gotta go see the commercial. It's it's it's good, all right, what you got? Rockets are gonna be back in action tonight.
Speaker 9: They're gonna host the Wizards in the quarterfinals of the NBA Cup. They come into this game as one and a half point favorites. If they win, they'll play the Thunder in the semi finals. This weekend tip of was at eight thirty and you can hit the game on our sister station, Sports Talk seven to ninety.
Speaker 2: That is what's going on in sports. I've got Joe Burrow headlining the Crazy Criminal blog page.
Speaker 9: Someone breaking in his house and there might have been a miss lady there.
Speaker 6: Really I don't know about that part.
Speaker 2: I just know that there's this weird, disturbing trend of while your favorite football player is on television, people are taking advantage of that time and going and ransacking their homes. This happened in Kansas City and now Joe Burrow. It's like Joe Burrow is probably the most beloved guy in Cincinnati right now. Yeah, you know, I mean, think about it. The quarterback of your football team is probably the most popular guy in town. Can you imagine like somebody going into while JJ Watt was here, like stealing from his home while he was on a national televised football game. It's wild, all right. So that's what's headlining the crazy Criminal blog page. There was a chick that he had a chippy over there.
Speaker 8: Yeah, she was in the house and had might call her mom, who called the police.
Speaker 10: Oh boy, I think somebody's breaking in.
Speaker 5: What's happening?
Speaker 2: All right, let's go if you would like the first phone call. It sounded just like her too. But listen to the call, even though I just found out about that part of the story. If you'd like the first phone call seven one, three, two, two, nine, four five, let's.
Speaker 1: Go, Who's up?
Speaker 2: Who's ready to rock with us? The most interacting show on the radios died right now? Four five? The Buzz Breaking Benjamin and I will not bow. Good morning, rod Ryan Show wild Card Wednesday, smacked up in the middle of the week. Come on, hope day you see nothing over a ten percent chance of rain today, Sonny. It will warm up highs today. I mean it will warm up a little bit, highs up around sixty two. It's forty one out there right now. I think those that are north of US here, we're in the everybody knows we're in the Galleria area.
Speaker 6: North of US here.
Speaker 2: I think that's where you had a little bit of a possible freeze. Warning. I didn't bring in any plants or anything like that last night, nor did I really go and look at them this morning.
Speaker 6: I hope everything's okay.
Speaker 2: So I hope you're off to a great start today. If you're not, then I hope we can do something about it. We've got some great things planned for you today on the show. I mean, every hour is packed with greatness. I think, I really do. I think it's greatness. Freshout Evan had to had Tournament of Champions, Josh the Goat the greatest player of all time. It's only one goat. There's a goat hunter who's pretty damn good, who lost yesterday Josh the Goat twelve times in the Hall of Fame. Yeah, Brian, a three time champion. It's gonna be a great game. It's gonna be a great game. It's been. There's been some upsets. I don't think yesterday was an upset. It was yesterday an upset.
Speaker 5: Oh, it was a Titan versus Titan.
Speaker 2: No, I wasn't an upset, Champion, he's somebody that hasn't maybe a better record but before yeah, yeah, yeah, not an upset. But this would be an upset, this three time Hall of Famer Brian okay, uh, I can't wait for that game to play out. Pumpkins spice price is right. I love it. It's back seven twenty for Tony's tickets. Where chilling chilli? Are you here? Cameras are working? That'll get them. Well, I don't know.
Speaker 8: If you can't hear us, maybody yell, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Mom, we want the meat loaf, we want it now. I want chili now, Mom, I want them. I want chili. Hey, chili.
Speaker 11: What's up?
Speaker 1: Hey buddy?
Speaker 2: Hey, are we talking to mister skin today? Yes, we are. What's he doing?
Speaker 6: You're end wrap up?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 10: He's yearly wrap up of all the movies and all the good stuff that we might have missed.
Speaker 2: So it's different talking to him now with all the streaming services. Yeah, he talks about all these movies that like where what service have that? I'm a bookmark that. Really, I'm not a big check I'm not a big Pluto guy. Is anybody watching Pluto like that? Free? Isn't it?
Speaker 9: I think? So?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you won't find much of the fun there though.
Speaker 4: Okay, it'll be more like Netflix or a good crime.
Speaker 2: Or what time is skinn on with us? Eight twenty ish? Okay, depending on how we're doing. All right, So that I'm gonna probably move around that one hundred dollars collector's firearm gift card that'll be floating around somewhere in the eight o'clock it's worth sticking around for all right. So's this?
Speaker 11: It's not time for the first phone call of the day?
Speaker 12: Boy?
Speaker 7: Where do we go?
Speaker 12: Here?
Speaker 2: Where do we go?
Speaker 6: Every phone line's rigged? Which is good?
Speaker 2: We go here? Hey, good morning, rob Ryan's show, Good morning mister right, Robbie right, holler number ten? Everybody? Good morning Robbie. Hell yeah, how y'all doing so great? Better?
Speaker 7: Now?
Speaker 2: So great, dude. How's your Christmas season going so far?
Speaker 13: It couldn't be much better?
Speaker 14: It could be a little, but it's still going.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Are you? Are you a guy that goes out and does some Christmas shopping? You got a long list of people to buy for?
Speaker 14: No?
Speaker 2: No, no, no. I had my wife do willed dead. She does all that. He goes to the Chili school of being married.
Speaker 15: Are you supposed to do it? I take care of your business at home.
Speaker 14: She takes care of the business.
Speaker 15: On the store.
Speaker 2: Damn.
Speaker 6: I shouldn't skipp those classes.
Speaker 2: So what's going on, Robbie? How are you?
Speaker 14: I was just called it about people that have phones that still have cords.
Speaker 2: Connected to them, your landline guy.
Speaker 15: That's what I'm talking on right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Tessa, you did a story the other day. Is it going away?
Speaker 5: It was yesterday that.
Speaker 4: We're at and t announced that I believe in twenty twenty nine they're gonna do away with all the lamb lines, the copper and whatever it costs to do that. They said, they'll still they'll attach a cell phone number if that's the phone you're comfortable with. They could do that, but it's not gonna go off like a traditional copper line.
Speaker 5: It'll be a bounce off a cell phone tower.
Speaker 2: Robbie, can you get can you get squared away? By twenty twenty nine?
Speaker 13: Five years?
Speaker 16: Can you?
Speaker 14: Maybe? But I just saw her yesterday on Houston laugh and as the kilaates look great, Oh.
Speaker 4: My gosh, the Kilachis the Klauchie shop was a guest. It was Randy Hines, the owner, who brought to send some Clachi's.
Speaker 5: They were fantastic here.
Speaker 14: I've seen them making them and everything. You need to have them build one in Baytown, you know.
Speaker 5: What I don't. I wouldn't be surprised. It might be a couple of years, but that business is just growing.
Speaker 4: The lines on heights, the Klatchi shop right by your house, Rod, that line is always onto the street, right there by dish Society.
Speaker 2: Did he talk about if somebody sent me it might have been a local Texas meme and it talked about Colachi's are more of a dessert thing. The thing with the with the sausage or the wiener inside of it is called something else. Did he get into the like the like, what is he just calling everything Colachi's.
Speaker 5: Is sweet and savory? Clachi's. Yeah, oh, he's he's check, so yeah.
Speaker 11: He really.
Speaker 4: He brought the more sweet ones in and there were pictures of the savory ones, but no, we didn't get into the definition.
Speaker 2: Yeah, does somebody out there, I mean somebody knows. Somebody knows everything that that we talk about on this show. I mean rob maybe Robbie knows. Robbie is is it? And it's true? Was to form that that doey thing that's got a sausage in it, like looks like a hot dog? Is that called a I mean, I know that's all.
Speaker 14: It's more like a pig in a blanket.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, okay, but I think docks still, Yeah, they're pretty dope.
Speaker 6: Get a little cheese in there.
Speaker 14: Asked Tessa how in the hell she walks on the stiletto she was on yesterday?
Speaker 2: I want to ask her right now, Tessa, Haama, hell do you walk in stiletto heels?
Speaker 5: So not very long?
Speaker 4: The he's referring to the eight inch little batons I bought for myself a gift.
Speaker 2: Whoa, whoa, whoa eight inch heels.
Speaker 5: They're really tall.
Speaker 4: They make me almost as tall, Like I can see almost eye level with Derek when I wear them. They're really tall. I wear them only for the show.
Speaker 2: Eight inches.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's hurt. Sometimes they'd be stand on a box. If I wear these heels, I don't have to stand on the box.
Speaker 6: Right, Wow, I didn't know eight inches.
Speaker 4: But right before the show and then I kick them off right at the end of the show.
Speaker 5: I go no further than the shoot you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, A lot of the weather girls that are weather ladies here, they'll show you like some behind the scenes if you follow them on Instagram. They got the heels on for the quick shot when they're doing the weather and then boom they kick them off and they're running around in their crocs and everything else. Yeah, it's quite nice, Robbie. Always good to have you on, brother.
Speaker 3: Hey, it's always great to be on with yo.
Speaker 15: Say how many more times?
Speaker 2: What's that? How many more times?
Speaker 15: How many more times do I have a chance to win? Previous Friday before y'all off on vacation.
Speaker 2: Is your thirty day window up?
Speaker 14: My thirty day windows up last week?
Speaker 2: So we've got this Friday and then last show of the year will be December twenty. If you got two fridays to squeeze in, Robbie to squeeze.
Speaker 14: Into game number four for me for this year.
Speaker 2: Love you brother, mean it when I say a Merry Christmas to you. I gotta take a short break. Let me come back in a rec check for you.
Speaker 6: We'll find out what's trending.
Speaker 2: Come on Houston's Rock Ho.
Speaker 11: And Rod Ryan Morning Show ninety five The.
Speaker 2: Buzz ninety four five The Buzz. Welcome back Rod Ryan's Show.
Speaker 6: All right, here we go. We started out the show, well, always great with you call her ten?
Speaker 2: Robbie?
Speaker 6: Is he the best beer winner of all time?
Speaker 2: Did deck I tie him this year?
Speaker 4: I think Robbie's the best in my heart.
Speaker 5: I don't know the numbers.
Speaker 2: Said he's got four this year. Four beer wins.
Speaker 11: Nice.
Speaker 2: But he talked about the Kilachis you had on your television show, and U and I said, if you guys got into the difference in names. Colachi I think are the sweet ones when you have a meat in there, which I call Colachi's two. When they're delivered here we have Colachis, it's like, okay, I'm assuming give you the one with the sausage in it. Clobe boss neck, clob boss neck, are the ones with the meat in them? He's like brother Rod. My wife's family is check corrects everyone when they call him Colachi's happy wife, happy lunch. Yeah, I guess if you're a purest. There is a difference between the two. There's a difference in name between the two. Sunny Skies today ten percent chance of rain hive sixty two. What's trending?
Speaker 5: Well, I'm gonna play Alex for this one. But also but also Google.
Speaker 4: So if you go to Google searching, one of the top searches is Olivia Ponton. That is, that was the girl that was in his house.
Speaker 5: That called nine. It was burglar.
Speaker 2: Joe Burrow's house was broken into. That's headlining the crazy Criminal blog page. Now, when the guy broke in, there was a girl in there.
Speaker 4: Guy, so Joe's not there to call the cops, but there was someone in the house, a twenty two year old influencer model named Olivia Ponton.
Speaker 2: Okay, is that his girlfriend?
Speaker 4: Joe Burrow has dated Olivia holds the mocker for seven years?
Speaker 5: Who loves Olivia's. She loves Olivia's.
Speaker 9: Oh wrong, girl is in the house right, same first name, so it's easy to mix him up.
Speaker 2: Well well, but listen, how is his fit on Sunday, because that's the only thing I care about.
Speaker 6: Listen, I'm just wondering if this was on.
Speaker 5: Day right now?
Speaker 4: Is the only thing I and hundreds of thousands of other people care about right now?
Speaker 5: Joe, That does add a very int twist.
Speaker 8: The police first, and then her mom called the police for her.
Speaker 2: What should I do enough to be here?
Speaker 4: But they said so some reports are saying that she's an employee.
Speaker 2: That's what it also said. And like the report, I believe I'll call them. Okay, so good at bookkeeping, right and.
Speaker 4: And I'm sure his seven year girlfriend loves this.
Speaker 5: Hot chicken house just hanging out show. Okay, so that's the tea. That's the big tea that a lot of people are looking at.
Speaker 4: Also, Google unbuild a new quantum computing chip capable of completing a computing challenge in less than five minutes.
Speaker 5: It's called Willow.
Speaker 4: Now, it said, okay, well, what about the computers we have now, some of the world's fastest supercomputers.
Speaker 5: How long could they complete this computing challenge?
Speaker 4: We'll would take those computers ten septillian years.
Speaker 5: Septillian years, called it Willow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, missed opportunity. Should have called it Will hunting, Yes, Will.
Speaker 5: Moving along, moving on.
Speaker 4: I have I've seen Para Silton in Cole Ritchie in the news cycle a lot lately.
Speaker 5: They are gearing up to do a new show together.
Speaker 4: But they also just got their new signature drink At Sonic. So uh interesting brand partnership there.
Speaker 5: Probably got paid a ton of money to do that.
Speaker 2: They look like they go there all the time.
Speaker 4: Right, that's what's trending on Eddy for the buzz perfect brand.
Speaker 2: You gotta play the song, do it? They do it?
Speaker 17: The term goat, goat, goat, goat, greatest of all ties, belt, goat, go oit, spell it out, Goat killer whales, goats, evic fails, Goat salad shoes, go to taste the glue, go fastlakes, go red, pencase, O dutity, go sat nudity, Goat, greatest of all time, Goat goat, g o whit, spell it out, goat, don't do drugs.
Speaker 6: Does he have the greatest intro of all time?
Speaker 2: I think so? I think so too. I mean there's the O G. Benz, and there's some of my favorites, obviously Marn, but that it's the goat drop. Yeah, it's all so appropriate.
Speaker 18: Good morning everybody. This is Josh the Goat getting into the fresh out of bed Head to Head Hall of Fame.
Speaker 7: For the twelfth time.
Speaker 2: Wow, I'm starting now.
Speaker 18: I'm thinking of nothing but the Tournament of Champions until the end of the year. I will be the first person to be the first ever three time year long Champion, bitches.
Speaker 2: And I figured that out on my own yesterday when Corey said go ahead, Tid go all the way. He wanted him to be a two time champion because he doesn't want a three time champion his nemesis in life.
Speaker 6: This is the guy that needs to make that happen.
Speaker 19: Good morning, everybody. This is former two time Hall of Famer Brian I just got a name upgrade. This is now three times Brian Baby, fresh out of bed Head to Head Hall of Fame member number five for twenty twenty four. Hey go, so you know I'll be back at the end of the year looking to upgrade my name one more time to the year long Champan bitches.
Speaker 2: To be the best, you have to beat the best, I believe. Rick Flair said that. Okay, he was also custom made. He can dance all night. I'm sorry, I'm not going to get into it. If you thought of maybe turning off your radio, your nuts, you're insane, psycho, what get checked? If you thought about missing this game, it's coming up in three minutes.
Speaker 20: Wishing every one of you a peaceful holiday season, even though we really know how it's probably gonna go this.
Speaker 2: It's no Ron Ryan Show on ninety four five The Buzz ninety four or five the Buzz.
Speaker 21: Let me crab it some fly away sunny skuys for your wild card Wednesday.
Speaker 2: Ten percent chance of rain, high of sixty two. Let's just go and now.
Speaker 22: Each time for the fresh out of bed head to Head Challenge, Listeners to your corners.
Speaker 6: Oh boy, hey Brian, good morning, good morning.
Speaker 2: When did you find out that you three time Hall of Famer was playing Josh the Goat in the first round of the brackets Alex and CHILEI went Facebook live after that show on Friday, the last game of the year.
Speaker 6: When do you find out or are you watching it live?
Speaker 23: I did not watch it live, but I found out as soon as they've posted the bracket, so must have been a couple hours later, a day later.
Speaker 2: Okay, And then you see your name and you see you and then you see Josh the Goat, the greatest of all time, the twelve time Hall of Famer, the two time Champion of the Year.
Speaker 6: Thoughts going through your head at that moment.
Speaker 23: Hey, you know I'm up for the challenge. I mean, like you said, in order to be the best, you gotta beat the best.
Speaker 17: So you do it like everything you said, Bro, Goat, Goat, Goat, goat, greatest of I'll tie out, Goat, o wit, spell it out, Goat, killer whales, goats, civic fails, Goat, selad shoes, Goat it taste the glue, go flakes, Goat.
Speaker 11: Red pencase.
Speaker 17: So Judy said, nudity, goat, greatest of all time. Goat, Goat, g o whity, spell it out. Boat, don't do drugs.
Speaker 2: Don't do drugs. Don't don't Josh the Goat, the twelve time Hall of Famer.
Speaker 7: Good morning, Good morning, Rode. How do you people want to do drugs that time?
Speaker 11: Bro?
Speaker 2: This is the term goat. I feel like people are getting a little loose with it. I feel like people are throwing around, Oh they've been goaded. It's like no, no, no, there's one greatest of all time. There's one goat I'm not goating a bunch of people. I do that. It's being it's too loose out there. There's one goat, and it's you.
Speaker 13: I'm not complaining.
Speaker 2: Okay, did you realize when Corey told Todd to win it all? Did you know where he was going with that? Because I didn't pick it up at first. But he doesn't want a three time year long champion. He's very happy with another person winning two.
Speaker 5: I get it.
Speaker 7: I don't want him on my pedicel leaders.
Speaker 2: These two are awesome. All right, boys, listen, Brian. I like everything you said, But nothing's left to do. But but but this good luck?
Speaker 6: Brian, Good luck, Josh, goodluck?
Speaker 13: Brian, Hey, good luck, Josh.
Speaker 2: I would love to listen to this radio show. Driving into work right now, I'd be sitting in the parking lot whatever job I had, were like, I'll be in a minute. You kidding me? Here we go. Question number one? What superhero was portrayed by Gail Goodo? Brian?
Speaker 7: Three?
Speaker 6: Two one, hold.
Speaker 2: Your tongue, Josh the goat? What superhero was portrayed by Gail Goodo in the DC Extended universe?
Speaker 7: That was Woman?
Speaker 6: Gail Goodo, Wonder Woman, Brian, how.
Speaker 7: Close is that rod?
Speaker 2: It was? It was. It was very clear, even me asking the questions sometimes that's why I rely on them, but it was very clear. It was a clean He said his complete name. There was no overlap. That sounds like he ted it right. Yep, all right, thanks, all right, that's where we were at with that one. He was done saying his name, and you said yours.
Speaker 6: Fair question. Goats on the board, Brian, goat question number two?
Speaker 2: What device do most of us use to turn on our television front? Josh?
Speaker 13: A remote control?
Speaker 2: Correct answer, it's a correct answer. He ain't gonna give you much after that. He ain't gonna give you much. Just curious, Brian. Just not a superhero guy, Gail Goodot.
Speaker 13: Not a superhero guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I try to time it out, but.
Speaker 6: You did time it out brilliantly.
Speaker 7: You had that timing down.
Speaker 2: All right, three time.
Speaker 6: Hall of Famer. You're gonna play next year?
Speaker 23: Absolutely?
Speaker 7: How did that?
Speaker 6: I look forward to it.
Speaker 24: All.
Speaker 2: Go do you wanna uh? Do you wanna continue on in the tournament?
Speaker 7: I understand there's a gentleman named Todd that has some carpet that dry.
Speaker 2: That is the word in the street. I mean, do you have history with him?
Speaker 7: We played twice, so the year he won the championship, he beat me in the final four, and then when I won in twenty twenty, I beat him in the final four. So we're a one in one.
Speaker 2: Now they're planning to go to the final four. Jesus, wow, jeez, and Rice, what a crazy section of the brackets. Right all right, daddy O, congratulations, hang on for me, right.
Speaker 3: Show celebrating twenty years ninety four or five, The Buzz ninety four or five, Buzz some forty one and.
Speaker 2: Into Deep some forty one came through Houston. Those of you that were lucky enough to get to that show, they said this was gonna be the last time they go out on tour. It might have something to do with Derek Whibley's I mean, he's had a lot of health concerns in the past. Everyone said that he sounded great here in Houston, that he looked great and sounded great. Not so much for those shows that he's now overseas and he had to cancel some shows. I don't know if it's cancelation or if it's a rescheduling situation, but he's unable to perform right now. Maybe they are one of those bands that says, hey, when we're done, we're going to be done. It could be due to the health reasons, you know, it could be health concerns of Derek.
Speaker 6: So we hope he's okay.
Speaker 2: It is your Rob Ryan's show and it is a wild card Wednesday here and man, what a match up.
Speaker 22: A fresh out of bed head to head challenge. Here's your current champion.
Speaker 7: Good morning everybody.
Speaker 25: This is Josh the Goat, twelve times Hall of Famer, in two times I've.
Speaker 7: Won the whole damn thing. Now I find myself in the great day of.
Speaker 25: The fresh out of bed head to head Tournament of Champions. And what a matchup we got on Tuesday, December seventeen as I square off against Why is the carpet Wet Tide? I kind of like being called the goat and when the whole damn thing three times sounds good to meet, bitches.
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, you would be go to your well, yes, I mean he's already No. I just think is when you're the goat, can you get go to your Oh yeah, you can't pilot on more goats?
Speaker 25: Wow?
Speaker 2: All right, So tomorrow Tuesday, where's the Wednesday game?
Speaker 6: What am I not sitting for? Today's Wednesday? Where's Thursday?
Speaker 2: Thursday is Grade eight? Yeah? Round tuesdays? Smile, Holy sugar, honey iced tea birdman in autumn Tomorrow?
Speaker 6: What winner goes to the final four?
Speaker 5: Tomorrow?
Speaker 2: Tomorrow's game? Before we know it, man, that was the last game to get into the Grade eight. Just the brackets catching me off guard. Wow, it's the fuck back to the day. We make you look smart in your buddies.
Speaker 10: It's the funk that to the day.
Speaker 6: I love it.
Speaker 2: I love it. Here's some fun facts for you guys. There are four presidents that didn't have a vice president. Millard Fillmore, John Tyler, Andrew Johnson, Chester A Arthur Chester. Arthur was a president.
Speaker 6: Jezus, I got a brush up.
Speaker 2: All four of them were vps under a president who died in office. There was nothing in the constitution about that you had to pick a new vice president. So they got in there and they're like, nah, I know, I realized that I did nothing as a VP, so I don't need one. So if you're not going to force me to get one, they just said, no, I'm skipping it.
Speaker 5: And I said I am enough.
Speaker 2: If you're a seven foot tall man, I don't think we have any seven footers listening Byron Trump's.
Speaker 5: Like six ' nine, right something crazy if he.
Speaker 2: Listens to the show though you're not yet. Captain Adam is what six ' nine something like that? Seven something like that. If you're a seven foot tall man in the US, you have a one in seven shot of.
Speaker 6: Making the NBA.
Speaker 2: Is who if you're under six feet tall, you have a one in one point two million shot of making the NBA. Wow, it's really rare.
Speaker 6: That's what I'm saying that those seven footers.
Speaker 2: Oregon is the only US state with a flag that is different on both sides. That's neat One side says State of Oregon eighteen fifty nine, got the state seal on it. That wasn't enough for them. The other one shows a beaver, nice cheoting, chewing a log. That's the fuck that to the day we make you look smart and your bodies. It's the fuck that's the day what you're giving away.
Speaker 4: I've got Gary Clark Junior tickets at seven one three Music Hall.
Speaker 6: All right, it's.
Speaker 2: Here we go. This restaurant feeds seventy million people per day, which is just about one percent of the world's population. What's the restaurant seven one three two two nine four five.
Speaker 3: It's now time for rockout with stock out with Captain cash.
Speaker 2: Captain cash six to two sixty two. Not in the NBA, but Financial Advisor extraordinary. Good morning, Hell, good morning brother, I sixty one. I'll tell you six six four sixty one. Okay, Hey, how you doing? Wall Street yesterday.
Speaker 20: Gave a little back yesterday the down was down one hundred and fifty four points. Kick off this morning at forty four thousand, two hundred and forty seven nastack down forty nine where nineteen thousand and six eighty seven Bench Marketenior Treasury presed a four point two five percent in oil SANDSUS sixty dollars Nice de Censer, Barrel two Studs, Boeing, AMX and Viza, the Big Dad's Caterpillar, Navidia and Merk.
Speaker 12: On the economic calendar. This morning, we'll get numbers on the Consumer Price Index for November right now. Features, well, they are on the downside. Let's turn this baby around. That's it. I'm out here. This is Highland Manage Director wood Ran James, forty five to rhyme Ryan Show, Ram James r Saying phillipel Augusta and do forget to always rock out with your stock gut.
Speaker 26: Famian's expressed are those of Howland and not necessarily those are Raydon James and associates. Thank come ever, NYC, AS, IBC, I ART Radio or sponsors. Information is based on sources believed to be reliable, but it's not guaranteed. If there's no insurance transmission, we'll continue. This is not a solicitation, offer or recommendation to buy or sell any security referred to your aim because programs are educational and informational services on the studs of duds are based on movement, as reported by.
Speaker 15: Young Finance.
Speaker 2: Ninety four or five, The Buzz, Good Morning, Rod Ryan Show, Get.
Speaker 6: Let's get into it?
Speaker 11: Is this?
Speaker 2: Sean? Oh, brother, Sean, can you hear me?
Speaker 12: I can hear me?
Speaker 2: Okay barely, But tell me the restaurant that feeds seventy million people per day?
Speaker 7: What's the good of all fans for? That's McDonald's.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that was a layup today, McDonald's. You couldn't hear Sean? What are you giving them?
Speaker 5: Gary Clark Junior Tickets seven one through music Hall.
Speaker 2: Congratulations, thanks brother all right, thank you, Sean, Merry Christmas to you. Thank you for being a part of Home room. Captain Adams six 's eight. Ah all Right said he worked for the Rockets, never played pro basketball.
Speaker 6: Though he did work for the Rockets for a number of years.
Speaker 2: Teen percent chance of rain sunny time around sixty two.
Speaker 6: What are Houston's headlines.
Speaker 4: The suspect in the United Healthcare CEO murder is fighting his extradition from Pennsylvania to New York. Luigi Mangioni appeared in a Pennsylvania courtroom yesterday when he challenged the extradition. He's accused of fatally shooting United Healthcare CEO Brian Thompson in front of his Manhattan hotel on December fourth. Apparently, as he was being ushered into the courthouse, he yelled, this is completely out of touch and an insult to the intelligence of the American people and.
Speaker 5: Their lived experience. Yeah, so that's the latest with that.
Speaker 4: Here in Houston, Mattress Mack is recovering after heart surgery.
Speaker 2: Oh, it was yesterday.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he went under the knife at Methodist Hospital yesterday.
Speaker 5: It was a four hour procedure.
Speaker 4: It repaired a leaky valve in his heart, so Matt Smack expected to recover for about a week in the hospital, followed by two or three weeks at home.
Speaker 5: Remember prior to the surgery.
Speaker 2: Wait a minute, time out, I get it, you're reporting now. Does anybody think he's going to be at home for two or three weeks?
Speaker 6: He's an animal. He's an animal.
Speaker 5: I think this is doctor's orders.
Speaker 6: It's mattress mag doctor.
Speaker 5: Okay, I want him to be at home.
Speaker 6: I do too, But he won't.
Speaker 2: He won't. He's crazy.
Speaker 4: Okay, let's talk about Google, because they just released their annual Year in Search report, revealing the top trending searches of the past year.
Speaker 5: In the United States.
Speaker 4: A presidential election was the most searched term globally. Copa America soccer tournament was number one. The most searched people in the United States in twenty twenty four were Donald Trump, fall by Kamala Harris. Kat Williams was the most searched actor in the country, and for movies, it was Inside Out too. I don't know if Alex already mentioned that, but Caitlin Clark is Time Magazine's Athlete of the Year He's on the.
Speaker 2: Looking at Girls blog page today.
Speaker 1: Are you go?
Speaker 12: There? You go?
Speaker 4: Okay, let's talk about Jamie Fox's Netflix special.
Speaker 5: It's called What had Happened?
Speaker 12: Was?
Speaker 4: It finally hit Netflix yesterday and now we know why he was in the hospital fighting.
Speaker 5: For his life last year.
Speaker 4: Jamie said he had a bad headache, asked a friend for an assmen, but before he could even take it, he was unconscious. He would remain that way for almost three weeks. He had a brain bleed that led to a stroke ben a coma. Jamie said it was oddly peaceful. He was oddly peaceful being unconscious. He said he saw a tunnel. He didn't see the light. It was hot in that tunnel, and he was like, am I going the wrong to the wrong place? Because he looked at the end of the tunnel and he thought he saw the devil, But then he was like, come on, is that the devil?
Speaker 5: Or is that Puffy?
Speaker 2: I saw clips on it, you know, Like Alex said, I thought maybe he would be the one that was going to say, Hey, this is the debut of it on Netflix.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna watch it.
Speaker 2: You're the comedic guy here, you like all the stand up comedians and you said no, you were just gonna wait for clips. I saw Clips yesterday and it's a stand up special from what I can tell. But boy, when he's talking about this, it gets real serious and he's not joking. He is telling everybody this is what happened to me. So there's a lot of dynamic range, I guess in this stand up special.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so it's I mean, it's streaming now if people want to check it out for sure. During an appearance on.
Speaker 4: The latest episode of Let There Be Talk, Bush frontman Gavin Rosdale was asked whether he would ever sell the publishing rights of the songs he's written interesting over the past four decades, and he says he gets offered every every bit of time he gets offered, and so last time, he said, he kept thinking, if they want to offer me that much money, what's the invisible bit that I'm not seeing?
Speaker 5: Like, what's the subtext?
Speaker 2: I mean, if it's good enough for Springsteen and Dylan, you gotta think, hey, maybe I'm.
Speaker 6: Okay doing this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, look at all the biggest names in music have been selling off their catalogs. Now, Yeah, he's a young man, meaning you know, he's in his fifties. Yeah, I see why these guys that are, you know, coming up on eighty are selling their catalogs. But there's plenty of people younger than him too that have also sold.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he says he has a number in his in his mind and until they can get him that. He says, if they can get him that number, that he'd be he'd be all in. It's a pretty extensive interview. You can go check it on the music bog page. Those are Houston headlines.
Speaker 2: Then finally they can use this song for selling glycerine. Perfect because he's held out, but if he sells the catalog and waiting for this, I imagine glycerine has been waiting for this city for probably thirty years now. Absolutely, what do you got?
Speaker 8: Rockets are back in action tonight.
Speaker 9: They're gonna host the Wizards in the quarterfinals of the NBA Cup. Rockets are in this come into this game as one and a half point favorites. If they win, they'll play the Thunder in the semifinals. Tip of is at eight thirty and you can listen to that on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety eight.
Speaker 2: That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 7: The Rod Ryan.
Speaker 11: Morning Show six to ten am.
Speaker 2: The bus ninety four or five. The bus evn't essence going under. Welcome to the seventh spot.
Speaker 6: If you're carrying over from home room, thank you.
Speaker 2: If you're just joining us, waky, waky, hands off those cupcakes. Cold though, very cold out there. It's forty Look I got here, it was like forty two.
Speaker 6: It's now forty degrees.
Speaker 2: It's gonna warm up to about sixty two. Maybe some of you up in the more northern territories, not Canada, fucking north of the HUSSN.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Conra is like basically Canada.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you guys may have dipped into some freezing temperatures on the overnight, like a light freeze. So hopefully you're warming up a little bit out there. Ten percent chance of rain, nothing really over that. No rain tonight, clear skies later. So yeah, so sixty two is the best you can hope for today. Big day today, I mean, the fresh out of head head to head was huge. Josh the Goat, twelve.
Speaker 6: Time Hall of Famer taken on three time Hall of Famer Brian Brian.
Speaker 2: Came in was scrappy. I'll just say that he was scrappy. A lot of people going back and listening to that show. Alex. We always talk about the the podcast.
Speaker 6: Usually get that up around eight o'clock.
Speaker 2: If people want to go and listen to the fresh out of head head to Head, you can just rewind the YouTube channel. You can also do that, you know what I mean? I mean, of course I want you to go go click the thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, somebody was ask me like, man, I missed it. I missed the game.
Speaker 2: Can I go? Is there anybody I can hear it right now? I guess I guess you could go. Can you rewind the Facebook live that we're on? I don't know if you can do that? Probably YouTube you can, for sure, I think, yeah, it's one of my for sure. I think comments that I make quite a bit on this show. Bucket Spice, Price is Right is coming up this hour for Tody's tickets. I do have a poll question up for you today and Michael Bublay gets his first spin this morning. Would you rather would you rather get a surprise gift or something that you asked for?
Speaker 6: Is there a difference?
Speaker 2: I whimped out and I hate the third option because everybody takes it.
Speaker 5: What is the third off? It doesn't matter either or I.
Speaker 2: Like them both equally boring.
Speaker 6: But I did give you a third option today.
Speaker 4: It's because it is nice for both. The surprise is like someone thought of you when you weren't being specific. That's like, really, I think that's I think that's more meaningful.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it's begin to look a lot like But also.
Speaker 5: But what if that surprise is something you didn't need or want? So then it's not better that way.
Speaker 2: It's easy for me because I don't ask for anything. Okay, everything's a surprise. Okay, so to me, there was only one answer. But I don't do pole questions for me. I do pole questions for everyone to kind of get. And I feel like that that third option is always that release. It's just like, mm, okay, I'm the world's most boring person. I like them both equally. That's got the most answers, that's got the most answers in their own way. Would you rather get a surprise gift or something that you asked for? Alex? Probably something I asked for as you asked for it, it's like you're going to but then you see the box you asked for it. You know that that person traditionally always gets you what you ask for white rapid yeah, cut it out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's just kind of nice, right, like to be clear about I feel like it's nice to be clear about what you want.
Speaker 2: Here's what you asked for, and that.
Speaker 8: My brother and I. It's just like simulated, all right, done, that's what you're getting.
Speaker 4: It's not because it's like okay, you know, it's typically like it's like a genie, like I really like this and then someone goes and gets it for you.
Speaker 5: That's really nice.
Speaker 21: You know.
Speaker 4: I kind of say something just like I want this and I don't expect anyone to get it for me. It's like eventually I'm probably gonna have to buy it.
Speaker 2: It just doesn't beat the surprise factor for me. Surprise surprise least popular answer.
Speaker 5: So I think a lot of people don't really like to be surprised. I think they want predictability.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, I don't want to walk into a room in surprise. I don't want that. But I want I want to open something and go, oh my god, I get wow. I would have never thought of getting me that. That's the best. That's the best. I don't because I like wow, you know me.
Speaker 4: It's it's like Okay, I didn't consider getting this.
Speaker 5: Now, what what do I do with it? Like I have no plant like umberboards?
Speaker 2: Yea, and it was awesome. Yeah, I didn't even think to ask for that. And I was like, this is fat ass. So what would you rather get? A surprise gift or something you asked for? Forty six percent they like both equally, thirty two percent of you something you asked for is preferred and twenty one percent of you.
Speaker 6: Where I'm at, I'd rather be surprised at what that is when I.
Speaker 7: Open it up.
Speaker 2: So the pole question is on the x oh man that just came out of nowhere. What I mean, the sweeping sensation that's still sweeping the nation. We can't let it go.
Speaker 3: Pumpkin spice. The price is right is coming up. Pike Man will be joining us in studio.
Speaker 8: I'll let a man have to go to another union meeting.
Speaker 2: Pro there's no union, Yeah not yet for your union union union reunionizing. Grab some wood, sit down, I gotta go. Dude, you stay, I might meet like I'm talking to voodoo.
Speaker 16: Stay Stay no, stay no, stay, good boy said you a treat if you stay, will be.
Speaker 2: Getting your set up for the Puckinspice Price is right after this break, Don't.
Speaker 27: Go Anyway, Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative, and The rod Ryan Morning Shows.
Speaker 2: Ninety four to five, The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show, Alex's still here. Nice to see you, I am, thank you for staying, appreciate it, and here's your treat. Did you go early on your podcast? I saw a good swar on links and guests. I saw a new pod.
Speaker 27: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Our buddy Robert Barbosa, he had a vacation this week, the rare vacation for him, So we recorded on Monday and put it out yesterday.
Speaker 8: But Christmas, we're trying and bring totem poles back.
Speaker 9: Totem poles are way cool in the statues, so I feel like we should replace statues with totem poles.
Speaker 2: Can you can anybody just go at totem poles? Or is that like for a certain culture.
Speaker 9: We get into that, we get into that, we talk about the college football playoffs, and then we give you the twenty twenty four Gravies nominations.
Speaker 2: Oh great, that's our year end awards show.
Speaker 6: So yeah, I know nobody's talking about what Google and all that stuff, but.
Speaker 2: That's the list of the real one that people can Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's the end of the list that everybody looks for.
Speaker 2: That's good. Okay, So that's on LinkedIn guests right now. Ten percent chance of rain, sunny skies highes up about sixty two. We also got our wild Card Wednesday feature that's doing well.
Speaker 5: That's doing well. That's our number one blog page if people are clicking on. So definitely want to mention that.
Speaker 4: Also, I want to mention Robert Bobby Jokes for one of my trending because he is leaving out of town and I got my Specs Drink Christmas video into him this morning and he I got to to him about six o'clock and he edited and it's up.
Speaker 5: So before he's got before he's going to play.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think it's at the Buzz dot com. I don't know if it's on our blog page, but it's definitely. The Buzz just tweeted it out. I'm just posted it on their Facebook. So shout out to Bobby Jokes, always getting it done, working hard and playing hard. Another thing that's going on, a federal bankruptcy judge in Houston stopped the onion. Remember the Onion was trying to buy out Jones's white right wing conspiracy website info Wars. So the auction through which the Onion bought info Wars was confusing and potentially left money on the table.
Speaker 5: That's according to.
Speaker 4: The judge that ruled this. So that's kind of some local gossip going on. And then I mean that's really that's three things where you can go through all the time Magazine People of the Year and the Google trend people, the Google Trends of the Year.
Speaker 5: There's blog pages for all of that. So go to the buzz dot com and click on the world famous.
Speaker 4: Rod Ryan Show blog page. That's got everything you need right there. That's what's trending on eighty four or five of the bus.
Speaker 2: Oh god, hey guys, buy nice PSL. Sounds nice about now, huh yeah, forty degrees outside A little pumpkin spice latte be wonderful right now, it's the pumpkin spice price is right.
Speaker 6: You're gonna be on an actual punkin.
Speaker 2: Spice item available on retail shelves this fall season. I need three of you to come on and play the game with us. Winner is gonna be off to see the Tody's. They always have a show between Christmas and New Year's they own it during that week. They're playing in the House of Blues again December twenty ninth. So if you want to go to one of these legendary shows, we got tickets for you. If you are the winner on the Sweeping Sensation that's sweeping the Nation, Pumpkin spice price is right is coming up. It's called Chilly Now seven one, three, two Two's.
Speaker 22: Mary Christmas from the Ryan Shows on ninety four five.
Speaker 2: The Buzz ninety four to five The Buzz. That's third, I'm Blind and Jumper Rod Ryan's show on this wild Card. He waits to walk in until I'm talking.
Speaker 5: All right, I just get it.
Speaker 24: Oh hey, hiphie, trying to hold it together here.
Speaker 2: Good morning everybody. I hope you're on to a great start to your day. Many of you are now starting to realize that the best way to listen to the show might be to watch the show. And we are on Facebook Live. We are on the YouTube channel, so you can go check that out. And hype Man has just entered the room. How's it going. It's going great. I don't know if you saw Alex out there, but I invited him to stay today the union meeting.
Speaker 1: He was talking about it.
Speaker 2: There's no union here, said he's starting. It's there is no union.
Speaker 6: There is a union.
Speaker 2: There's no union being started. So I don't know where he could possibly be. I don't think that's true. Ten percent chance of rain sunny skies hides up around sixty two. Well, if the hype man is.
Speaker 3: Here as well, that mads, it's time for the sweeping sensation.
Speaker 2: That's still it's unbelievable. It's still sleeping the nation. Welcome everybody in so the pumpkins spice.
Speaker 1: Rhy it is right.
Speaker 2: We're three of you. Will be bidding on actual pupkin spice.
Speaker 21: Islands available on retail shelves this false season.
Speaker 2: Ready to meet our contestants. Absolutely, you're excited. Huh, can't wait. Okay, here we go.
Speaker 3: Hey, OJ come on, job show O man, Hey OJ, how are you.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the game.
Speaker 12: Yeah, man, dank Man.
Speaker 1: Good to have you on.
Speaker 2: You'll be bidding first today on the pumpkin spice.
Speaker 3: Price is right, you stay right there, Ojay, Stephanie, come on.
Speaker 5: Down, Good morning, Hello everybody.
Speaker 2: Hi Stephanie, Welcome to the Pumpkin spice prices right, you're gonna be bidding number two. Welcome to contestant row here on the Sweeping Sensation that's swee the nation apparently still, Stephanie, I need you to put stay put right there, don't go anywhere. And last, but not least, Devin, come on down.
Speaker 11: De Hi, But.
Speaker 2: I wait and I sit here. I'm like, what nickname is he gonna come up with for these people? It doesn't matter what he gets thrown. He just seems to always have something ready to go give you guess. It keeps us guessing. All right, Devin, oh devon, you are going to be bidding number three. Welcome in on today's pumpkin spice price is right. I need you to hold right there so you got oj Stephanie and Devin, they're all going to be listening as we all will be listening as.
Speaker 3: The hype man that's me brings us today's pumpkin spice item that is up for bids.
Speaker 2: What you got well ride today?
Speaker 10: That them's Hammon's Organic Pumpkins Spice candy cans Taste the season this season for pumpkin spice.
Speaker 2: These limited ed of time candy canes.
Speaker 10: Are perverent for spreading seasonal joy with friends, coworkers, and loved ones.
Speaker 2: They limited edition.
Speaker 8: They are limited edit time. I don't know what that means, but it's a new thing.
Speaker 2: I guess it's limited at a time.
Speaker 10: I'm pretty sure they're just like regular candy canes, except not at all.
Speaker 8: These are orange, black and.
Speaker 5: White, and they taste like pumpkin spice.
Speaker 10: They're also Kosher certified, so you can enjoy them around the Manora as well as the Christmas tree. You know what they say, gang, You can eat pumpkins spice in the rain. You can eat pumpkin spice on the train. You can eat pumpkins spice in a plane. You can eat pumpet spice in a crane. You can even eat pumpkin spice until you go insane. But you're never really eating pumpkin spice unless it's on a candy cane. It's a six pack of organic pumpkin spiced candy cans from the fine folks at HIMS.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 5: That was interesting.
Speaker 3: Crowd loves it, go crazy crowded my knots over here today. Okay, Wow, thank you Hype anytime.
Speaker 11: Thank you.
Speaker 6: That might have been the greatest. Do you know what they say of all time.
Speaker 2: They do say that. I'm going OJ, Hey, OJ, you can test the number one. I'm going to ask you what your bid is. It's a six pack of organic pumpkin spice candy canes. Because you're never really eating pumpkin spice unless it's on a candy cane. You have to say the rest of it, well, the rest of it was great, but I just I don't feel like I'm qualified for that, OJ, your bid on the six pack of orange pump organic pumpkin spice candy canes?
Speaker 23: Man, all right, I don't know how that would taste, but I guess people are into that.
Speaker 2: But hey, yeah, go ahead, I'm gonna go.
Speaker 13: I'm gonna go with seven bought.
Speaker 2: Seven dollars and studio audience see studio audience seems to think that's pretty good. Vote, pretty good bit all right, OJ, thank you? Sit right tight, sit tight right there. Hey, Stephanie, good morning, good morning, Good morning, Stephanie. Sorry about all this nonsense today. What is your bid on these? Limited edit on editon pumpkins spice candy canes. It's a six pack? What's your bid?
Speaker 25: Well?
Speaker 11: Limited editon I'm gonna go.
Speaker 6: With eight eight ninety nine.
Speaker 2: I mean it sounds like a good bit to me.
Speaker 12: I don't know.
Speaker 8: The editon may I could add to it. You can also take away it.
Speaker 2: Could take away, it really could. The edit on is like the wild card here. We just don't know what that's doing to the price.
Speaker 6: Devin, Devin, Oh, Devin, Oh, hey Devon.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what we're bidding on here today is uh a six pack of organic pumpkin spice candy canes from the fine folks at Hammond's.
Speaker 9: What's your bid?
Speaker 2: I got a seven dollars bid, I got an eight ninety nine bid. Person that comes closest without going over will be today's winner. What is your bid?
Speaker 6: I'm going nine dollars, nine dollars.
Speaker 2: Okay, just when you're the third player, you can box people out, and that's exactly what you did. You boxed out Stephanie on that if it's over eight ninety nine, she's got that window from seven to eight ninety nine. Though, Hey, Hype Man, hey Rod, would you would you help us out with the actual retail price? I sure will please.
Speaker 10: The actual retail price of Hammond's organic Pumpkin spice candy canes is twenty four dollars.
Speaker 3: With a seven dollar man and nine dollars there he is, Devin, Oh, ninety dollars. You came closest without going over this morning.
Speaker 6: Appreciate I appreciate you.
Speaker 2: Appreciate that.
Speaker 6: Hype man.
Speaker 2: I appreciate you, right, because you know what they say? What did they say?
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I can't even come up with something for the hype man. It's just it's good there. You know, it's good to see. I wish Alice could meet you starting evening. I think you guys get along so good. Hey, what is what is Devin on?
Speaker 4: Devin's going through the Tony's at the House of BZ December twenty ninth.
Speaker 11: Oh, thank you, my pleasure.
Speaker 2: All right, listen, great job Stephanie and OJ. But Devin just he knows his pumpkin spice products better than anybody maybe on the planet.
Speaker 7: Here we go.
Speaker 6: Shine Down ninety.
Speaker 2: Four five, The Buzz ninety four five The Buzz, Good Morning rod Ryan's Show with Shineedown and a symptom of being human. Good Morning rod Ryan Show, Wild Card Wednesday, Alex Man, I'll tell you what I was it how to go well? More importantly, how is your union meeting. I heard you're starting a union making progress. You're starting making progress. I mean, listen, I'm not anti union. I just don't know that there's one available. You're just gonna start when ground floor. You're just starting a union, my grassroots guy, you know that. What do your I mean? Are there a bullet points and things that you're looking for?
Speaker 24: Tell you?
Speaker 2: Okay, sits forms.
Speaker 6: The hype man was in rare Form today.
Speaker 2: Yeah, said it was fun.
Speaker 6: It was really really fun. One more week to go.
Speaker 2: Sean sent an email earlier this morning, and yeah, you want to put a smile on my face.
Speaker 6: You send an email like this.
Speaker 2: It says, good morning, brother Rod. We're in Orlando on vacation right now. I made sure to get the iHeartRadio app this morning to catch this morning's fresh out of bed head to game, head to head game. For sure, we'll be doing the same thing tomorrow morning.
Speaker 6: Thank you, Sean. Thank you Sean.
Speaker 2: That really makes me happy. I mean to think that a silly radio show. You got your life to live, You're on vacation, you're in beautiful, sunny Florida, and yet you don't want to miss something on this show. Really, that really does move me, it really does. Thank you very much. I don't think this game let you down this morning either. You can't wait to listen back to it. I will go back and listen this morning's game with Josh the Goat and Brian. I know you've been busy with union meetings and stuff.
Speaker 6: When is that podcast? Will that be ready?
Speaker 12: Well?
Speaker 8: We have it up playing in the show.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, So yeah, if you missed that game this morning, it was a great one.
Speaker 5: Who Houston's Rocking alternatives, The rod Rast.
Speaker 11: The Morning Show six to ten AM ninety four or five Buzz.
Speaker 21: Before five, The Buzz, Oliver Tree and Hurt rod Ryan Show wild Card Wednesday.
Speaker 2: Testa's told me that that is the number one link. But Alex has a new pod up today. We're not used to saying that on Wednesdays, but he went a little early this week. So make sure you go and you check that out on the world famous Rod ryanshowpage at the Buzz dot com or wherever you get your podcasts. Ten percent chance to rain Sunny's Guys Today highs up around sixty two. Tessa has Houston's headlines.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're going to start with the national stuff first, there's been a merger between grocery chains Kroger and Albertson's that is being blocked. So a judge actually signed with the Federal Trade Commission yesterday. He argued that the merger would have eliminated head to head competition between.
Speaker 5: The two chains.
Speaker 6: I have to agree.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: It also said that it would have led.
Speaker 4: To higher prices for shoppers, which if you've been at a grocery store anytime within the I don't know, last year and a half years, like, you know how expensive groceries are. I mean, I'm shopping for one, sometimes two people. It's insane. I cannot imagine these families out here. I know families that are paying way more for groceries than their mortgage. So yeah, this is I agree with the judge in this case as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it would be very difficult. I imagine there's somebody out there that could try. Why would you think this is a good thing. More grocery stores under different company names is better? Yeah, competition, Competition is better. It's what keeps the prices a little bit lower. Yeah, I'm gonna have to agree with the judge on that, which is weird.
Speaker 4: Also, the marriage on Whitmeyer is saying that he wants to get a train over in an area where a.
Speaker 5: Student walking to school was killed.
Speaker 4: It's in southeast Houston, and really residents are calling for more safe safety measures. This has kind of been an area where people say the train, you know, blocks them from getting their medicine.
Speaker 6: But I'm sorry, what does the mayor want? Does he want an overpass or something.
Speaker 4: Like this edestrian overpass and he said he says he wants Union Pacific to help pay for it as well.
Speaker 2: Here's the thing about the train companies, man, they're almost untouchable. There's there's so much backing and you can't get an answer from them. Yeah, these train companies, I don't know how else to put it. It's just like they've got those tracks laid and then that's it. You're stuck with wherever they are.
Speaker 7: Right.
Speaker 2: So they're not going to make any concessions here if you'll be lucky to get any.
Speaker 6: Money out of them. But they absolutely need to do something.
Speaker 2: This is Milby. Yes, we'll be high school terrible that a kid, you know, kids have to they're worried about being late for school and they're crossing over these tracks at dangerous times. There's a train, like you think it'd be easy, Okay, call the train company and no train's going through here during school hours. You can't do that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And despite police saying the train was moving at a slow speed and the crossing lights were working properly. I mean, kids are trying to get to school, you know what I mean. Kids are trying, maybe they're running late, and this is I mean, there has to be a hazard to them.
Speaker 2: There has to be some way to build some sort of an overpass, absolutely, you know what I mean, like just a pedestrian, you know, a way to get across and over the train. Yeah, over the tracks by the school right there. For sure. It doesn't even seem like that be that expensive too.
Speaker 4: There's also a petition calling for the removal of the principal of Milby High School after that student was hit and killed by the train.
Speaker 5: I believe more than a thousand people have signed it.
Speaker 4: They say that the principal showed a lack of leadership and empathy. But that's another case. I mean, this is a story that has a lot of layers. So you have you know, the police, you have the mayor getting involved. You have Pacific union, who I don't think has responded yet. So yeah, it's definitely a big local story that we'll monitor here. All right, Let's talk about gift giving, because for some people, gift giving comes so easily, you know, Like they talk about the five love languages, and.
Speaker 5: Gifts is want one of them, like giving gifts.
Speaker 2: When you hook up somebody with something good, it's a great feeling.
Speaker 24: It really is.
Speaker 5: Just nail it when you nail it.
Speaker 6: But you got to just put in a little time.
Speaker 2: Man, if you're gonna half asset, don't expect them feel good about the stuff that you bought. You got to put in some time.
Speaker 4: Sometimes people are really hard to shop for as well. Two thousand Americans were pulled and said who in your life is the hardest to shop for around the holiday? Twenty one percent of people said it's their partner or their spouse, and they'll devote nine hours of their life trying to find the perfect gift for them.
Speaker 12: This year.
Speaker 4: Kids are an exit fourteen percent, followed by moms with twelve percent of the vote. The average person will buy sixteen presents this year. Around a quarter of those we'll go to kids. A restler for people like extended family, friends, coworkers, and pets. I would say our gift exchange is probably the big, you know, in studio premiere event that we do every year. Oh yeah, it's I didn't Yeah, I didn't realize what a party it was.
Speaker 5: But yeah, it's.
Speaker 2: The kids get harder to buy for Alex. You'll see as ll gets older, it's so easy. Two, three, four, Yeah, even five years old.
Speaker 4: Literally wrap up in avocado like they do with the kids. They just like opening up and tearing up the presence.
Speaker 2: It does get more and more difficult, for sure, and I'm sure it gets even worse than the teenage years.
Speaker 4: The sext story is a bummer to me. There's so much back and forth between Megan Fox and Machine and Kelly. They have reportedly broken up again. This is a little different because she just announced her pregnancy right so sources say they ended things while they were in Vail, Colorado, over Thanksgiving. I don't know how they would find out that Megan saw something on mgk's phone that she didn't like, but that's the story. MGK apparently left the vacation early and they haven't seen each other since their baby is due in March.
Speaker 2: We're Gonna talk to mister Skin next Hour and the top ten nude celebrity scenes of twenty twenty four. Megan Fox makes the list. Yeah this year and rightfully.
Speaker 4: So okay, let's talk about AI because AI has created a commercial, helped create a commercial that has Snoop Dogg and Doctor Drey, who are alive. They are doing a commercial for their still gi in their gin, but it also has Frank Sinatra and Sammy Davis Junior appearing with them, and it is surreal. I mean, this is either a creepy or very you know, ingenious plan to sell your gin.
Speaker 2: We're still in the infancy of AI, and Frank and Sammy Davis Junior will eventually kill us. They really look like they're hanging out with Snoop and Dray. I mean, the hands are right. Remember like when we first started seeing AI, you could always find something that was wrong with a photograph. There was something weird, the legs, the fingers, hands are always like I'm told artists like the hardest thing to draw his hands.
Speaker 6: It's they got it down. They got it down. I can't even imagine where this is gonna go.
Speaker 2: This commercial. It's cool, it's cool.
Speaker 4: Check it out on our pagel. You have a link so you can go see what AI is up to. Those are Houston's headlines.
Speaker 2: The likenesses are good. I find the voices to be a little off right. That's the one. If I had a critique it, go watch it. It's got its own link. Tell me what you think.
Speaker 25: What do you go?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 8: Well, the Rockets gonna be back in action tonight.
Speaker 9: They're gonna host the Wizards in the quarterfinals of the NBA Cup. They're one and a half point favorites coming into this game. If they win, they'll play the Thunder in the semifinals. Tip of is at eight thirty and you listen to that game over on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety.
Speaker 2: That is what's going on in sports rock and alternative fair.
Speaker 8: Use to the rod Ryan.
Speaker 11: Marni Show six to ten AM. The Buzz ninety four y.
Speaker 3: Five Buzz half White part of the show, Pay Hoo.
Speaker 2: The Butthole Surfers Wild Card Wednesday. Warming up out there, No, it's forty it's still forty degrees outside. Ten percent chance rain today, nothing tonight, sunny though, the sun's coming. It's going to warm up. It will, we will see sixty two degree temperatures. I'll tell you what, to be honest with you, that's why I live down here. If I could do Sonny, if I can dial up Sonny in sixty two from now and like till you know, late January, that'd be perfect for me. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's perfect for really manageable night.
Speaker 2: Absolutely. You know what, maybe in the morning, you know, you put on the fireplace, oh, that type of thing. Hop you're off to a great start to your day. We're gonna talk to the great mister Skin this hour. He's got his end of the year wrap up. Everbody's shooting me their end of the year stuff. Now, we're not gonna talk about all of them. I know you're doing the Google thing. Everybody uses Google, so I don't mind doing that. That one seems to make sense. All these other top ten some of them are nonsense, But the music ones are absolutely nonsense for us to cover. Okay, if you want to know the top ten anything in music, it's Taylor Swift one through nine, and then maybe Sabrina Carpenter. I mean, they're Charlie XCX, you know, brat Summer or whatever. That's all it is. It's all it is is pop and wrap so music. It doesn't make sense for us to talk about any of these lists right now, but the top ten dude celebrity scenes of the year.
Speaker 6: I've always got time for that.
Speaker 2: Found some time, oh, Alex, found some time for some more boublet.
Speaker 9: I read.
Speaker 2: Wow, Alex, I've read this article this morning getting ready for the show, and it was the worst things that you can do at your office holiday party. And then I just got sad. He did we ever you've been your five years? Did we ever have a full blown Christmas party in your time?
Speaker 4: Remember we had one in like February and you guys didn't go, and I went, but it was not like it was our Christmas party.
Speaker 5: But it wasn't around Christmas.
Speaker 6: Okay, that was the first year and then nothing after that.
Speaker 5: It was like the second or third year.
Speaker 4: And that's the only iHeart Christmas themed party I've ever been to.
Speaker 2: Like, who wants to do Christmas things in February?
Speaker 4: I don't know, but I know we read an open bar and the food was pretty good, so I didn't hate it, but you guys weren't even there.
Speaker 5: I would have loved to. I would have liked some friends you know, I've.
Speaker 2: Seen the you know, most of us, if you've been at your place, you're you're a certain age, and you know that things change over the years. And seeing this article about the worst things that you can do at your office holiday party, it seems like just the dated thing to talk about, not just because we don't have an office Christmas party anymore, it's just those are things of the past now for most places. I'd like to think that there are still some firms out there, maybe some lawyer firms or some places. Because I just watched the Santa Claus with my daughter, and if you remember the opening scene of that, Tim Allen is at this big, grandiose Christmas party and like they're the advertisers of the year or whatever. I'd like to think that some of that still goes on. It doesn't happen here, you know, it just doesn't. We had, which leads me to believe that's why I think I liked Mad Men so much, because it's it's just it was a different time, just the Christmas parties and the booze in.
Speaker 4: At nine am with this glass of scotch for Christmas party.
Speaker 2: Everybody's having sex with everybody.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I had to be all women were where they were in their place. Yeah, secretary, Hell yeah.
Speaker 2: So in my time here, I've seen full blown Christmas parties and then they've just kind of wound. They've made their way to well, it's an end of the year wrap up where we're going to review everything and then right down to like you know, pass out a white claw to everybody and make a toast.
Speaker 6: To nothing to to.
Speaker 2: I don't know that there's even an end of the year wrap up thing. Yeah, there used to be parties and stuff, And it's not just me bagging on my company. It's just I think it's at a lot of places. Is anybody out there having some awesome Christmas party? And there were Do you have something at the TV station?
Speaker 5: Not that I know of, I mean you've done you.
Speaker 2: Were there last year right at this time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And I'm kind of like, because I have weird hours, I miss a lot of stuff.
Speaker 2: They do, like I think you guys weren't invited.
Speaker 4: They've done Chris like like really like family oriented stuff they do like Chris decorating contests and do you like a lot of food contests, a lot of pot luck stuff.
Speaker 5: But this is kind of.
Speaker 2: The weather check, show up and get wasted. Yeah you don't have that one.
Speaker 5: I've heard of that one.
Speaker 2: Yeah you didn't go.
Speaker 6: If there was one, you didn't go, I don't think so.
Speaker 11: Oh me.
Speaker 5: No, I did go to a Christmas party last year.
Speaker 2: Okay, I figured i' get it out of yet.
Speaker 5: No no, no, no no, I just didn't know. It wasn't but it wasn't on site, like it wasn't at a hotel or something. It was at one of the GM's. How it was at how it was at their house. It was like a big Christmas house party.
Speaker 4: And I don't think they even said it was like company house. I don't think it was like a company thing. I think it was just like everyone that works here is invited. This is what we're doing. It's going to be at our house. We're hosting. We'd love you guys to come.
Speaker 2: Gotcha house? Beautiful loss. Sure, Okay, I'm not going to bother with the five worst things you could do at your office or work holiday party, just you know, have one.
Speaker 5: Well, can you tell me just in case.
Speaker 2: Don't get too drunk, don't get too drunk.
Speaker 5: That's just tell me five things quick. Don't overshare, don't overshare, got it, can't do it, but okay.
Speaker 6: Makes business and romance.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 6: Don't bang somebody got it okay.
Speaker 2: That you work with. Okay, don't ignore the dress code all right, and get a little consent if you're going to be posting stuff.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 6: People are a little loose with their cameras and their phones.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: It's like a nah nah, I don't want that online.
Speaker 22: Uh huh.
Speaker 2: Everybody wants their their crap out there. Yeah, so I don't know.
Speaker 6: Maybe that's just a good life lesson. Don't bang people at.
Speaker 2: Work, as christ is pretty great Christmas anytime of year. Michael will black dude, thanks for putting the in you. This does not me, but Blackboard says to today, I feel like it's one hundred.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: It's like the tallies are did. You're running out of paper?
Speaker 12: Over it?
Speaker 2: Worry about it.
Speaker 24: Buzz Rock and.
Speaker 11: Ryan Morning Show six to ten AM.
Speaker 2: Ninety four or five. Buzz Good morning, brought Ryan, Welcome back. Some people are having big company Christmas parties. I'm very jelly, very very jealous. A lot of people emailed me and places that have you know, up twenty five and some people have sixty people at their office and where they work, and they're having big blowout parties. Still, I'm so happy for Still. It's like a throwback. Now, it's a real it's a real unicorn.
Speaker 5: Like if you are at one of these places, you're very lucky.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you certainly are, certainly are. Good morning, everybody. Mister Skin's coming up in about ten minutes, not even ten minutes. We're gonna talk to him about his year end list. So that means I am gonna have time to get to that one hundred dollars Collector's firearms gift cards, So sit tight for that. Sunny's guys, ten percent.
Speaker 6: Chance of rain.
Speaker 2: I have sixty two today to show that this thing has already just completely lost its momentum. I'm gonna just take this first one here. I know this segment is what's trending, but what's not trending? Yesterday Enron announced it's CEO. What that should be news right with this whole Enron thing, and it's not. This thing is this thing is nose diving quickly. You even said it. They're coming back on January sixth, I believe with their with their new announcement, Connor Gados and might as well, be alex As their CEO.
Speaker 5: That'd be more attention.
Speaker 2: This guy's behind the birds aren't real conspiracy.
Speaker 5: Oh there's thrones their government drove.
Speaker 6: So this end run thing is over.
Speaker 2: It's over.
Speaker 14: Weird.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so give me a couple of what it's really trending.
Speaker 4: Did you see that President Alec Trump is going to make Toman Fertita an ambassador to Italy, the US.
Speaker 5: Ambassador to Italy. Awesome, Yeah, that's pretty crazy.
Speaker 4: So Toeman Fertida is a longtime GOP donor we know him here in Texas As, you know, the owner of Landry's Restaurants, hotels, all these things, all of this real estate and things that he owns the Rockets.
Speaker 5: So that was big local news.
Speaker 4: Also, the Voice crowns it's season twenty six winner. That's kind of trending, but the highest trend on Google right now. Mark Gastineau confronted Brett Farr about the NFL sack record.
Speaker 2: I didn't know if that was old footage or I saw it yesterday. Yeah, no, old, and Mark Gastenau was the sack leader until Brett Favre laid down in front of Michael Strahan.
Speaker 5: It's not old old, but it is older.
Speaker 4: It's from twenty twenty three according to this article, but I guess it's just released for some reason. ESPN was tweeting it out and releasing it all yesterday we had.
Speaker 2: The single season sack record before Brett Favre gave it away. Yeah to Michael Strahan.
Speaker 12: That's right.
Speaker 4: Okay, So that's what's running on any four five the Buzz. Very awkward exchange.
Speaker 2: It was weird. I don't know if him and Strahan did they I mean, you would know this, you're a Giants fan. Did they choreograph that or did it just happen organically? And Brett Favre gave it to him?
Speaker 8: Fan beat his man and Brett Farv saw that and he took out.
Speaker 2: It was weird, all right, mister Skin coming up in two and a half minutes. Don't go anywhere. I love this guy.
Speaker 6: Top ten nude scenes of the year.
Speaker 2: Here on the bus, ninety four or five The Buzz, Good Morning, Rod Ryan Show. Lincoln Park had lost sunny today, nothing over a ten percent chance of rain hides up around uh sixty two.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 2: More and more of our listeners talking about having Christmas parties. Can we come?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Can we come to your company Christmas party? Because I don't think we're having squat over here. I really don't.
Speaker 5: We can take turns like I don't know, giving an award.
Speaker 7: All right.
Speaker 6: I've been talking to this guy my entire morning show career.
Speaker 7: I did it.
Speaker 2: It's twenty one years here now, four years in New Orleans. He started his website up somewhere around the same time I started doing mornings, and I've seen this thing from the ground up, you know, and his bank account looks a lot different than mine.
Speaker 6: Mister Skin, good morning.
Speaker 15: We go way back, man, we go way back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we do. You know, I know everything Skin employees. How many Skin employees do you currently have? Still still hanging on to forty in this day and age. Good for you, dude, Christmas. I know that's where I was going. So you got you got four employees, just a little.
Speaker 15: Into some other types of websites, But the main, mister Skin dot com hub is still the main business that we run. And it takes a lot of work to go through every movie and television show looking for every new scene.
Speaker 2: This isn't this isn't an easy job, right, No, No, nobody thinks I mean you're doing You're doing the Lord's work. Are you guys doing that thing? Are you having a company Christmas party? I can't even Yeah, it's next.
Speaker 15: Uh it's uh eight days a week from uh TMA?
Speaker 2: Is it is it at a is it at an off campus? Is it at the at the shop? Is it at your house?
Speaker 12: Where do you do it? We?
Speaker 15: Uh, we do a secret sanat thing beforehand. We meet at an office and then we head to a Italian restaurant. We've been going to the same one for like seventeen years or something. And then we go to a bar after and have fun. So it's a it's a it's a really fun Christmas party.
Speaker 2: Is your home base? Are you still you're in Chicago?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 15: Yeah? Yeah? But my people now live all over the world. Is you know it is ever since COVID people have spread out, But we still have about twenty five people in the Chicago area that'll be at the party.
Speaker 2: And years ago when you know, like I said, I've been talking to mister Skin forever my entire morning show career. And when the Playboy mansion was coming up for auction, like they were it was for sale, I was begging mister Skin to buy it. I'm like, dude, he's got the money too. I don't even know whatever happened with the Playboy Mansion. Somebody must have bought it by now.
Speaker 15: Yeah, no, I think no, they still have it. I have been to the Playboy Mansion a couple of times, and one of the things I thought was so neat about the Playboy Mansion was I was at a party for a DVD release and I remember there were women there and they told me they were just wives of guys, and they said, listen, if I ever go skinny dipping at a party, it's going to be at this one. And next thing you know, they jumped in the and I was like, this was the greatest party ever. But it's because it's that aura of the Playboy Mansion. Women just are like, listen, if I'm gonna do it, this is the time. And I thought that was so neat.
Speaker 2: You didn't never make your way in any of those puff daddy parties, did you stop?
Speaker 14: No?
Speaker 15: Thank god, I'm not that biggest celebrity.
Speaker 2: I beg to differ. Okay, So you know, I talk about these lists this time of year, and I'm doing less and less of this on the show especially with the music list because it's all pop tarts and it's all country stars now, so our music's never represented in these lists.
Speaker 6: We'll do a few here and there.
Speaker 2: I always look forward to the top ten nude scenes of the year, and I want to pick and choose a few of these. And I already kind of let one of the cats out of the bag, and I said, because Megan Fox is in the news and she's a big favorite of ours here that.
Speaker 6: She just made your top ten list.
Speaker 2: Megan Fox is a legend, but she's kind of not been nude for a number of years on the screen.
Speaker 15: Oh no, exactly, and ever since Transformers in two thousand and seven, Megan Fox has been a huge favorite of guys all over the country. But she's not someone that gets naked. In this movie Subservience, she plays a it's a sci fi movie, and she plays a humanoid at sim that's you could hire to your house for domestic health. This husband and wife and they have kids, so they hire Megan Fox and Rob. What do you think happens when Megan Fox is your your made in your house.
Speaker 2: Uh, you have a good time, you get it.
Speaker 15: She has sex with the husband and that was our number ten nude the end.
Speaker 12: Of the year.
Speaker 2: Now, listen, I never you're the best at what you do. You and I don't. We're friends, so I can tell you that when things aren't properly placed in your list.
Speaker 6: I don't mind telling you.
Speaker 2: Because the year, because I was blown away, but I think because it was.
Speaker 6: Such minimal nudity.
Speaker 2: But I never thought I was going to ever get a peek at Sophia Bagar's beans, and I did in Griselda, and I'm assuming the shock factor had to be like one of the more bombshells of the year. But because it was so minimal, I guess that's why you have that at eight in your top ten on the year.
Speaker 15: Yeah, it's exactly right. Listen, Sophia Forgira, if she did a full frontal scene, oh god, would be the number one nuts scene and maybe in the history of nuts.
Speaker 6: Scene to shut down the list.
Speaker 25: Yeah.
Speaker 15: Yeah, in this movie or in this series Griselda on Netflix, where she played the Columbian drug lord Griselda Blanco, it's a brief nuts scene, but it's her first ever nuds scene in a movie. That's why it's not higher on the list. But it's still at number eight, and I'm sure everyone wants to see even though they had to put prosthetics on her and makeup to make her look bad, which was hard to do, you could imagine, but she it's Sophia for got a topless So that's all I have to say.
Speaker 2: If you've seen the real I thought that Griselda series was decent. I did, but yeah, you know, it wasn't one of those oh my god, she's so brave for doing this. She didn't look they didn't like they didn't they didn't monster her up.
Speaker 12: Mike.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they needed a monster he hope of. But if you see Griselda, believe me. Sophia Bergara the wrong casting. I mean, she was great in that role, but she looks nothing, nothing like the real Griselda.
Speaker 6: She was not a looker.
Speaker 2: She was not a looker. Now our very own Houston's Megan the Stallion makes your list. Now let me look the top ten nude celeb scenes of twenty twenty four. So it didn't have to be in a movie. Tell me about Megan the Stallion being at number four.
Speaker 15: Yeah, you know, you're right. I don't do music videos too awesome, But when an a list superstar. When an A list superstar does nudity in a music video, it is worthy of a top ten list. And I have Megan Stallion in there in this video called Mamushie. She does not show mamushi but she shows everything else and it's pretty pretty crazy. I was, I was very, very excited that Megan Beach Stallion did this and it came in at number four on our list.
Speaker 2: How about not seen this video? Is anybody? I don't know.
Speaker 4: I'm still I'm still trying to figure out what part of my body I'm a move she is?
Speaker 2: But okay, thank you, I just real quick. Emma Stone the movie Poor Things. I know a little bit about it. I know she's kind of nude and weird and robotic the whole time. Is it number one? Is the movie any good? Because I know there's a ton of duty end.
Speaker 15: Actually, she actually won a Best Actress Oscar for Poor Things, and Emicstone came in at number two in our list. I will warn you it is the most disturbing, crazy movie you've ever seen something. She won an Oscar, so it's a legit movie. And her nudity is off the charts. There's so much nudity of emmastone and poor things though. It's weird and wacky and crazy, no question about it.
Speaker 2: She's kind of like a Frankenstein monster type of thing.
Speaker 15: I remember baby with a baby's brain, so let's do that.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, that's really very part, really weird.
Speaker 6: I remember that being talked about.
Speaker 2: And then finally and I believe that we even put her on when de Me Moore comes in at your number one Tessea, you're gonna remember this, yeah, ideal When Demi Moore went to Instagram and she showed her kind of old, wrinkly, prosthetic, old lady.
Speaker 5: Body, she looked like an org is an ogre.
Speaker 2: I'm assuming the substance. This is the movie that she tips the number one spot form.
Speaker 15: Yeah, and she's sixty two years old now she's sixty one when she did the substance, but it was her first nudity in twenty seven years. Oh wow, Gey Jane in nineteen ninety seven. And what's amazing is I always people ask me what's the number one factor of a great nude scene. And people might think it's the level of celebrity, the body parts you show, the length of the scene. But I always tell people know that it's not it. It's de lighting if you have off three of those things that I just mentioned. But it's kind of murky and dark and you can't see anything. What good is it? And to me more at sixty one years old and a list actress and maybe the greatest lighting ever in the history of a nude scene, completely nude. Yeah, by the way, she's getting Oscar buzz for this too. So to me more in the substance is our number one new scene of the year.
Speaker 2: You don't have to You're not gonna ruin it for me. Do we get to see to me more like how she looks right now? Or is it always that weird creepy old looking lady that she put on Instagram?
Speaker 15: No, No, it's it's her. It's the to me movie you can see like in Landman. She's in the new show land Man with Billy Bob Thornton and she looks gorgeous. Yeah, surprising that a sixty one year old would be number one, But as you know, actresses today at sixty look way different than when we were kids, like in the seventies or eighties, Like, what don't you just a sixty year old would not look like this, it's just not a thing.
Speaker 2: That's our man.
Speaker 6: Mister skin, mister skin dot com. You can go to the website.
Speaker 2: You can go see this last you can go and you know, it's just this amazing website that just has every single movie ever.
Speaker 5: Is the your homework every year?
Speaker 6: What is the one still?
Speaker 2: What is the holy grail that she's never shown anything and it's the maybe the most requested, the one that people look for the most.
Speaker 6: Who is the skin that we haven't enjoyed yet?
Speaker 15: Great question? I mean for me, like historically, which meaning but older actresses, I always wish Raquel Welch would have done a news scene.
Speaker 2: So that was always a bummer, that good one.
Speaker 15: Yeah, that she never did one. But I would say of of modern day actresses, I mean, I know, like Christina Hendrix is one I would love to see do a new scene.
Speaker 6: She's not done a new scene.
Speaker 2: Nothing in mad Men.
Speaker 15: No no, and they didn't really have nudity in mad Men.
Speaker 27: Yeah.
Speaker 15: I think another one, Millicunis is one who people still love. And she had a movie where was body double nudity for any marshals but she yeah right, but she's but that was a body double two in the picture, but she's never done a news scene. And that's the modern day actress that I picked.
Speaker 2: People would love to tea great stuff as always, mister Skin dot com, there's the man that founded the whole damn thing.
Speaker 6: He was up late at night recording movies off of HBO.
Speaker 2: He works hard for this list, licing VHS tapes, making making mixtapes.
Speaker 5: An obsessed mastermind.
Speaker 2: He's got a mansion with forty Skin employees. For God's sakes, I went the wrong direction. All right, Skin, Merry Christmas to you. Yeah, continue work great, talking great, Thank you my brother for it's fun.
Speaker 6: She's always fun to talk to.
Speaker 5: Very knowledgeable, you know, not my favorite subject.
Speaker 4: Guy is not gonna lie, but he knows his stuff through and through and that you have to respect.
Speaker 2: But if you ask him stuff, and you know, we're alway kind of getting through these lists and stuff, and I'm always at a time at a crunch time. But when you talk to him and you bring up a movie, he knows how long you have to wait.
Speaker 6: In the movie.
Speaker 2: Like, for instance, let's just go old school because him and I are old. If you go fast times at Ridgemont High. Phoebe Kate's getting out of the swimming pool. Yeah, uh he can tell you. Okay, that is forty eight minutes and thirty seconds into the movie where she does that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like that's his version of autism. He has that superpower.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, he's just I mean he's like rain Man for nudity and absolutely he really is. All Right, thank you to the great mister Skin.
Speaker 27: Houston's alternative All Day and The Rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 3: Ninety five, ninety four or five, The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show, Wild Card Wednesday.
Speaker 2: Man, what haven't we given away? So copper roach rise against tickets right, yes, yeah, we got those coming up at around nine ten.
Speaker 6: Ghost tickets coming up on.
Speaker 2: New the Show today. All right, pretty dry, nothing over a two percent chance rained, sunny skies highs of around sixty two today it was say forty three. Wow, still called outside, birh What are Houston's headlines?
Speaker 4: The man suspected of gunning down Brian Thompson in Manhattan remains in custody, but the NYPD has serious.
Speaker 5: Concerns about similar crimes.
Speaker 4: Officials say they're glad the public helped locate Luigi Mangione in Pennsylvania and alert authorities However, they note that some people believe Mangioni to be a martyr, and they are concerned his actions could trigger copycat shootings against people in the healthcare industry. Detectives say they're aggressively monitoring social media activity regarding this topic. Houston businessman and philanthropists Mattress Mac is recovering from open heart surgery. Jim mcinvill, also known as Mattress Mack, went under the knife yesterday at Methodist Hospital. He went under a four hour procedure to repair a leaky valve in his heart. Mattress Mack is expected to recover for about a week in the hospital.
Speaker 5: According to this report, he's going to spend two to three weeks at home. Prior to the surgery.
Speaker 4: What he was told, he thanked everyone for the well wishes and encouraged everyone to buy lots of furniture a.
Speaker 2: Gallery that would make him heal up quicker.
Speaker 5: Uh, same doctor as other John. Other John had a leaky valve as well, something to do with his heart. Same doctor. So he's in good hands because look at other John, who's doing greater than another John.
Speaker 2: Nobody's doing greater.
Speaker 4: Hey, Google just released their annual year in search report revealing the top trending searches of the past year in the United States, the presidential election was the most searched term globally. Was a Copa America soccer tournament that was number one in the world, but the most search people in the US were Donald Trump, followed by Kamala Harris. Kat Williams was the most searched actor in the country, and for movies it was Inside Out too.
Speaker 2: Kat Williams number one. I don't think of him as an actor. I think of him as a stand up Yeah, commedia. I mean that club appearance was that big, Yeah, Alex I would say so that he eclipsed every other actor because of that Club Shah talking about the other actor, Yeah, just giving the tea on the Hollywood insides.
Speaker 5: People like people like.
Speaker 2: This this, you know, Shane Gillis made the list, Jeremy Ellen White from The Bear. But Kat Williams, I knew it was a big, big deal to be on Club Shah, what you know, and he said some bombshell things, right, I just didn't think it was that big.
Speaker 4: He also had his stand up on his Netflix stand up special this year.
Speaker 5: I thought that was really.
Speaker 2: Good and he also made good on the time that he said he could run the forty. Yeah, that was interesting.
Speaker 5: There you go.
Speaker 4: Okay, so all right, well we have like musicians. It was Usher number one than Diddy, then Kendrick Lamar.
Speaker 2: The top googled breakdancer was Raygun. That's right, shocker, That's right, shocker.
Speaker 6: I mean, how did she make number one this year? All the breakdancers that we all know.
Speaker 4: Mike Tyson most googled athlete New York Yankees, most googled team.
Speaker 5: And yeah, people like that connections games as well.
Speaker 2: Hype Man most googled hype Man. Yeah, really, I saw that, So you should pass that along to him. There you go.
Speaker 4: Speaking of Netflix, Shavy Fox's Netflix special What had Happened was finally hit the streaming service yesterday, and now we know why he was in the hospital fighting for his life last year. Jamie said he had a bad headache on April eleventh, asked a friend for an aspen, but before he could even take it, he was unconscious. He would remain that way for almost three weeks. It turns out he had a brain bleed that led to a stroke then put him in a coma. He said it was oddly peaceful being unconscious. He said he saw the tunnel, he didn't see the light. It was hot in that tunnel, and he thought for a second, I might going to the wrong place. He thought he saw the devil or maybe he was puff daddy. He said he might have gotten confused. Okay, So he was shaking hands with people to the audience telling him, you know, being thankful for his health.
Speaker 5: His body has sold all that jazz.
Speaker 2: Are you gonna watch that? No, but that's the whole plot point on that.
Speaker 8: Now we know all the best, now that I spoiled it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I kind of wanted to know, you know, I kind of happened. I had a mild interest into, you know, wondering why he was out and why he was sick. Other than that, I don't know. And I think he's wicked talented. I think it's one of the most talented people on the planet. Me sitting down and watching a stand up of his No, not so much.
Speaker 4: Gavin Rossdale sat down for a podcast interview. He was talking asking about the interview, or was asking him if he would ever sell the publishing rights to the songs he had written various projects over the past four decades. He says, every so often it comes up that he gets offered okay, and the last time he was like, Okay, if they want to offer me this much money, what is the invisible bit that I'm not seeing? He's like, you know, he's like, am I an idiot? He feels, He's like, if they're willing to pay me so much money, like what am I not seeing? And we've actually had this conversation before, like, you know, if they're going to pay someone this much for this music, how much money are they going to make by, you know, doing commercials and movies and all that stuff.
Speaker 2: I don't see Gavin. I don't see him getting a whiff of one hundred mil I don't I think, if I had to guess, just I don't even know if these figures that we get are real. You know, did Bruce Springsteen in fact get five hundred million dollars? We don't know. We think he did. Gavin Rosdale Bush's catalog, Yeah, he might get seventy five million, which is generational wealth. Yeah, I'm sure his kids already are taking care of in those kids' kids. But that's why these guys and gals are doing it. I think it's well, I would give you all of my catalog patches. I cannot see it being over seventy five million dollars though. If it was seventy five million, yeh, take it. And you might be a guy that just says I don't want my stuff used in commercials, and I don't want other people making those decisions. But I'd buy an island.
Speaker 4: I mean two hundred million for Dylan three years ago. You know, Bob Dylan told the rights to his music, his catalog.
Speaker 2: Gavin might get fifty bill that's crazy.
Speaker 4: So a lot of hits, there's a lot of them for fun discussion, those are using deadlines.
Speaker 2: Okay, we're back in action tonight.
Speaker 9: They're to play the Warriors in the quarterfinals of the NBA Cup. Rockets are one and a half point thirds heading into this game. They win, they'll play the Thunder in the semifinals. Tipox can be at eight thirty and you can hear it on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety.
Speaker 2: That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 6: You know, it would be fun.
Speaker 2: What would be fun? I'm just looking at all the Bush titles. If we came up with what product we chose products for the songs. That would be a great bit. That'd be fun. So you look at swallowed, you know children's chew, you know, get it in that commercial. You know what would you do for come down? We would come up with the product condoms that would oh my gosh, you just you could also use everything's in for that. You could use all of their songs, I mean, greedy fly, I don't know what the connection is you can use you can sell rubbers.
Speaker 5: To all their music, Dentistry for mouth for sure, and Glacer.
Speaker 2: All right, workshop that for me, bro Okay, we can do that. We can do that with all artists like Creed songs we choose, we come up with the product it would best fit and herbal trademark. I love this bit. I love this bit. The rod Ryan Morning Show, six Am, The Buzz, ninety four or five The Buzz. I'm gonna get to some Papa Roach tickets.
Speaker 1: In just a moment.
Speaker 2: You just hurt them. We're gonna get you into their show. They're playing with Rise against the co headliner The Rise of the Roach Tour Great name March twentieth, Toyota Center. Don't go anywhere if you'd like a pair of tickets, to get into that show for free ten percent chance of rain sunny skies. Today I have sixty two guys. It's still in the forties outside.
Speaker 5: You good with that, I'm great with it. I've got my ugs in my thick coat.
Speaker 2: Are you working the ugs today?
Speaker 12: I can.
Speaker 4: I've been working ugs since it turned like sixty degrees.
Speaker 2: I can't give you a hard time about the ugs. I mean, other than they're ugly, but they're beautiful.
Speaker 5: They look so cozy and nice.
Speaker 2: But if it's forty, it's gonna be forty outside then Okay, I guess I gotta say, Okay, it's time. Yeah, cute tops, cute sweaters, all that stuff. All that stuff's been brought out. We got invited to a Christmas party. Sweet. We were talking about office Christmas parties, and I kind of came in with that old bit. Okay, Well, you know, here's one of those articles that came out which really, to me and for what we do here, seems very dated. Here's some things that you're not supposed to do at the office Christmas party.
Speaker 6: Well, we don't have one anymore.
Speaker 2: So it's like, I can't be inappropriate. I can't overshare, I can't you know, hook up with somebody I work with. If there's no office Christmas party, no opportunity, there's no opportunity for any of that here. So I said, we got invited to one, but next year they already had it.
Speaker 5: Okay, cool, thankol story bro. What about this year, Jessica.
Speaker 2: I appreciate you. We'd love to have all of you at the Lyric Tower party, but you're gonna have to wait till twenty twenty five.
Speaker 6: You just missed it this year.
Speaker 5: It was last week.
Speaker 2: It'll be worth it, though, I promise y'all can drink with full bar and multiple wine stations.
Speaker 5: Bones. Where does she work a diamond company?
Speaker 6: Well, I said, the Lyric Building, the Lyric Building, the whole buildings there.
Speaker 2: What is that lyrics there?
Speaker 5: It's like a known thing. Oh, it's the Lyric build it it's the Lyric Tower.
Speaker 8: Yeah, anybody knows that, I guess.
Speaker 4: So.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so she works there. It's in the theater district. And uh, there's the Lyrics Well, because there's the lyric market downstairs. People know this place.
Speaker 4: Brands you lovely educate yourself.
Speaker 1: I am.
Speaker 5: I'm on the website, smart.
Speaker 2: Like you, says at the risk of sounding like the angry, jaded employee Rod. Company Christmas parties have got to be the worst punishments in the workplace. I don't understand why forced fun is a thing. These people are coworkers. They're not friends. I come to work, I perform tasks. They compensate me. End of transaction. Who wrote this, Alex? I go home to my real life. Work is a means to an end. All that being said, I love my job. I'm very blessed, but it's just my job. That's it.
Speaker 6: Brandon does not want to have a company Christmas party.
Speaker 5: Okay, Scrooge, okay, Chili.
Speaker 6: Keith Brown.
Speaker 9: And if you don't like your job, then I can understand that why I have to hang out with people you don't like.
Speaker 2: He sounds. He says he loves his job. He just he does sound a little angry. Who Blay is number two on his Siri ask what to playlist? He showed me ninety four five. The Buzz is number one. Bo Blay Christmas is two, Sublime is three on uh on Keith's wrap. Bo Blay is number two after ninety four five The bus one final one about office Christmas parties. I miss him. I think they were. I didn't always go to them, but when I did, you know, I don't know what you got till it's gone. Go look it up.
Speaker 6: Cinderella did a great version of them. Good morning Rod.
Speaker 2: I went to my wife's office party where an employee was upset about not getting a promotion. He then proceeded to get a handful of the boss's wife ultimately got arrested shirtless, trying to fight the boss because he didn't get the promotion. Ps. I won the air pods in the company raffle. I almost didn't get them due to being too inebriated to read my numbers.
Speaker 6: On the ticket.
Speaker 2: Now that's the kind of party I want to be invited to. That's what I miss. Right, there's somebody grabbing the boss's ass being escorted out no shirt by the police.
Speaker 6: Come on, what is that?
Speaker 2: That sounds like a script out of Mad Men etip of the air pods. All right, most people are not having those office Christmas parties anymore more.
Speaker 6: Work Christmas parties. Mister Skin's putting on a party for his Skin employees.
Speaker 2: He's rich, he is super rich, so rich.
Speaker 5: I want to work at the Lyric Tower, guys, Rod you're rich, you throw at Christmas party.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 6: I'm not mister skin rich.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty rich. We've been doing this the exact same amount of time. Mister Skin was on the show earlier today. Mister skin dot com he started his website when I started doing mornings in two thousand.
Speaker 6: Our bank accounts don't look similar.
Speaker 8: Well, you sugar moves, dude, I know the business of moves. I should have sex cells, I should have lyric.
Speaker 2: Tower is pretty nice, gorgeous. Yeah, so the whole first floor is a party, and they invite the whole building. So they have tenants. You've got the restaurants there.
Speaker 4: And then for the clarification on that, I was wondering because there's multiple.
Speaker 5: Businesses in there.
Speaker 6: They invite everybody, and they invited us.
Speaker 5: But next year, next year, I will mark my calendar.
Speaker 8: Some of you remind me next year.
Speaker 2: Maybe. I just heard from Lisa, who's worked here longer than me. We are having a Christmas party. It's in January because everyone is too busy in decembrousness. When do you guys talk about this, I mean, in this sales meeting. I get it. We're second class citizens here at iHeart I understand that, but it's weird that there's all these things that happened. There is no little there's no little bulletin board unless there is that I don't know about getting into it.
Speaker 5: We're like the second office. Maybe the building board. The bulletin board is like you have to walk a little further into the building.
Speaker 2: I blame Wizard.
Speaker 6: He's supposed to be our conduit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, with that side of things, Wizard, he's probably I guarantee he.
Speaker 6: Doesn't know that there's a Christmas part, no clue.
Speaker 8: I guarantee we wouldn't even know if it was right under his nose.
Speaker 2: I blame the Wizard on everything.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and then Sandy Emails didn't tell him we plan.
Speaker 2: And then Chili is supposed to be the one that talks with Wizard and know all these things. Play chill, All right, let's give away some of these tickets here.
Speaker 5: What do you got, Poppa Roach and Rise again.
Speaker 4: It's the Rise of the Roach tour going down at Toyota Center March twentieth.
Speaker 2: All right, I'll take caller ten seven, one, three, two, one two, five, nine or five Rock and Alternative Fair. He used to The Rod Ryan.
Speaker 11: Morning Show six to ten am the Buzz there's.
Speaker 2: A new past, the Gravy Pod up past, and I know I'm catching you off, and you're like, what what what what? There's a new past the Gravy up today.
Speaker 24: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I see it on links and guests a little for everybody.
Speaker 9: We got twenty twenty fourth Gravy's nomination Way to Go Nice, Way to Go ninety four five and the Buzzes go to the world famous rod Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com.
Speaker 2: Go see that and we'll listen to it. Good morning and watch it right, watch it?
Speaker 7: Watch it?
Speaker 6: Sure, Hey, good morning, rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 2: Who's this.
Speaker 9: This?
Speaker 5: Tarah?
Speaker 14: Now?
Speaker 2: Tara and Tara are spelled the same, right, I think so? A T A R A And I struggle when I see it. Yes, and they're interchangeable because I believe they're spelled the same, Tara and Tara and whatever. I guess, I always guess wrong. You're saying your name is Tarah, but your your name.
Speaker 11: Is Tara Tarah, Like, go on with the wind, Tara, Tara.
Speaker 6: How often do you get called Tara when it's read out loud?
Speaker 10: More often than not, it's Tara, didn't Ta.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But that's something that your parents wanted right, They wanted it to be pronounced Tara, that's right.
Speaker 11: I've had people tell me.
Speaker 2: What what I'm sorry you cut up?
Speaker 4: I have I've had people tell me I say it wrong.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like, hey, you're saying, hey, did you know that you're saying your name wrong? When I read somebody's name wrong. When I'm like doing these giveaways and stuff. This happened a lot during the twentieth anniversary. I'm the worst at reading names, and I get it wrong. Every direction I go is wrong, and I tell everybody you know that you're saying your name wrong. The way that I do it is the proper way. So so Tara, you're calling No, I'm just kidding. Tara your caller ten. Congratulations, boo, what are you giving?
Speaker 22: Thank you?
Speaker 2: It's Tara.
Speaker 5: Tara is going to see Papa roach and rise again.
Speaker 2: Papa.
Speaker 5: Yes, congratulations, you did it.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 9: My birthday weekend celebrate nice have.
Speaker 5: You early birthday?
Speaker 2: Since you've been so great on the air with us, why don't you take my pole question this morning really quick? Would you rather get a surprise gift or something that you asked for? Surprise gift asked for or you like both equally.
Speaker 5: I like surprise gifts because.
Speaker 4: They have me.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, yes, Tara, I had to think about it. Yes, Tarah, surprise gifts are superior. The voting has really changed. Surprise gifts at thirty percent. You prefer something you asked for at thirty three percent, and like both equally thirty six percent. So it's become a three horse race here, very good. Hey, enjoy that Papa Roach or Papa Roach and uh rise against Okay.
Speaker 1: Thank you, thank you.
Speaker 11: Online.
Speaker 2: It's Alix Online ninety four five. The muzz Terra Tara one most Paradactyara dactyl. Yeah, it's better than being called Tara Bowl.
Speaker 8: Yeah, much better.
Speaker 2: What is your AOL today?
Speaker 9: Today's AOL You'll be looking at different since from Bath and body Works candles and trying to decide whether or not these are real sensor made up.
Speaker 2: Finally, a scratch and sniff website. I've been waiting for this for years.
Speaker 1: It is just a name.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna think breakthrough.
Speaker 8: Bright Christmas Morning is a real or fake scent?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, this is like a game. Yeah, okay, tell me again, Bright Christmas Morning. That's a course of real scent. It is wonderful. This is a great game. Give me some more. I'll gay.
Speaker 9: I don't want to get too crazy because I want people still play it. But yule log latte, it's not real. Yeah, it's fake. It's fake.
Speaker 2: Right now Radio Wizards driving and going, please don't play. This is a game.
Speaker 6: Please don't play. This is a game.
Speaker 2: What was the one that he hated horse, horse or porn Star? Horse are great horse for Bildo. What was it called.
Speaker 6: Horse or porn Star? He hated that game? He brought your porn star? Thank you.
Speaker 9: He brought in the Rubik's Hugh game. So you can't really talk. Peppermint cocoa dreams?
Speaker 2: Is that real? Fake?
Speaker 6: It sounds real, sounds delicious too, Yes, real, real, real?
Speaker 2: That is fake?
Speaker 5: Oh, should be real.
Speaker 6: This is a good game.
Speaker 2: To go check it out see.
Speaker 8: If you can decide whether or not these are real or fake.
Speaker 9: Since at the world famous rod Ryan Show page the buzz dot.
Speaker 6: Com, you can go ahead and play that one. It sounds pretty family friendly.
Speaker 2: Get out of here. I'm a oh yay, it's the holidays. Wishing you a happy and festive breakdown.
Speaker 13: Bro.
Speaker 27: I know the rod Ryan Show Mornings five, the Buzz ninety four five, The Buzz Monuskin Begging Rod Ryan Show Wild Card Wednesday.
Speaker 2: All right, my god, this guy's just kind of bragging now about his company Christmas party. I mean, would you like would you like his email rubbed in your face? Or you let me just skip it your call? No, I don't have to read it, guys.
Speaker 5: I hate listen, guys.
Speaker 2: I don't have to read it.
Speaker 8: I want to hear it so I can get mad. Yeah, send me off.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm sorry, it's Kelly.
Speaker 5: Hey, Kelly, Kelly.
Speaker 2: That's a Hi Brother Rod company Christmas Party. When you get there, you get a raffle ticket and a get back. The owner split ten grand into twenty five envelopes, ranging from two hundred and fifty to one thousand dollars. Last year they had TVs, smokers, Astros, fire pits, et cetera. They didn't have time to shot this year, so there were five envelopes left. They called my ticket. My envelope had one thousand dollars at it company Christmas party. Nice sick, But I heard that we're having one now, did I hear that?
Speaker 5: In January?
Speaker 2: According to Lisa okay, so she got one thousand dollars. Plus they handed out bonus checks. All right, I already do it.
Speaker 3: You're the best, Kelly, Yeah, best employee ever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, here's a bonus check, here's a bell the best.
Speaker 1: Hi.
Speaker 2: I don't I'm not like that.
Speaker 6: That's just a bit on the air.
Speaker 2: I'm happy for you. I'm happy. I'm I think it's great that you still have one, or something like that. I would love love take part in something like, hey, uh, you know, let's skip the lyric building. Can we go to that one next year and get in on the envelope game?
Speaker 5: Did we just become like Christmas party crashers we go to?
Speaker 2: It's perfect?
Speaker 9: Do you remember when we did have We had a casino night party and I won a raffle or whatever and it was for Beats headphones. But they had two winning tickets that were for the same headphones, and I felt bad taking it from the girl that won it, so I was like, here, you can have these heads.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I thought you were telling a story about me because I want Beats headphones. Back in the day at at a Christmas party after you did okay, I.
Speaker 9: Want beats, and I stayed late and I was all right, I think I got okay, I want and then somebody else had another ticket for some reason, had the same number or whatever on it.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like you have both. There's only one and you can have it. Really nice of you.
Speaker 8: Yeah, there's this Christmas spirit.
Speaker 2: I know that wouldn't be I know, the same guy would not do that now, like you in your current form Christmas. When I won those Beats. When I won those Beats headphones, they were still pretty new, and they were they were kind of I mean, truth be told. I mean, the headphones aren't great, but they're good a little basie for me. You want the base all jack out there. But they were almost like a cool accessory and I kind of felt I warm. I remember wearing them to the airport and I kind of felt like little Wing. I felt like a white little wing. Yeah. I felt like little Rod, little Rod, And I felt like super hip for the first time in my life that I had something that like the cool kids had. Yeah, I'm not knowing I was. I felt like I was early in on those.
Speaker 5: It was a a cord or were they cordless beads? They were corded, Okay, see that those are the newer ones.
Speaker 2: They were they were new, but they were new a long time ago. They were black, and they had the red cord. You know, so you wanted people to see the chord, of course, And uh yeah, I felt I felt like a rapper, I felt like snow, I felt like a white wrapper. He's great.
Speaker 5: I'm happy you had that moment.
Speaker 2: If I had to guess this year, I'm looking at girls, the newcomer of the year, somebody that I did not know existed last year had to be Sabrina Carpenter. She is on that damn looking at girls, I mean twice a week, which she's beautiful, It's awesome, and I mean she's super busy. She works like I had. I had one guy tell me Ron all this talk about Taylor Swift. The premier entertainer out there right now is Sabrina Carpenter. He fights for her all the time. She is a big fan of herself. She released her Spotify rapped, and she was in her top five.
Speaker 24: Is that.
Speaker 2: Is that weird?
Speaker 5: That's the new way I guess.
Speaker 2: If I guess I don't listen to podcasts, but I go back and listen to like our stuff, I bet my top five podcasts would be us.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I don't know if mine would be because I don't listen to it like through the app. I just have to listen to it to the computer on and editing it. But yeah, if you were just listening back to it.
Speaker 2: Sabrina Carpenter's Spotify Wrapped includes Dolly Parton, Abba, Casey Musgraves, the bee Gees, and herself. Her quote says, I guess it's a good thing. It means I f with what I do. Got a little potty moth on her too. Yeah. Newcomer of the year for me, and you're like Roger, She's been around forever. Great not in our world, No, I think.
Speaker 5: The last year. Definitely someone new on the scene.
Speaker 2: BALI that her aunt is Nancy part Right, it's the voice of part Simpson really her aunt? Yeah? I just wikipedia her. I was like, how old is she? I thought you're gonna tell Karen Carpenter was going to kick you twenty five?
Speaker 6: Okay, Hey, Alex.
Speaker 2: Back in the day when you and uh Chad were on Ocean Avenue and you were sitting there about just leaving this joint and just were you good?
Speaker 1: Ice down?
Speaker 10: Ye?
Speaker 1: Make it big?
Speaker 2: Was the dream for your was the dream for you and Chad to skateboard across the country. Well, Chad did it. He left you, You and Chad ash Avenue in your in your cargo job, and he's like society. Chad Caruso, officially a Guinness World Record holder, skateboarded across the country this year to raise awareness for mental health. He started in Venice Beach, ended in Virginia Beach. Fifty seven days, six hours, and fifty six minutes, skateboarded across the country. Sick. He did it?
Speaker 8: Tread on whatever shoe he uses to push off?
Speaker 2: Yeah, not the same pair of There's no way the same pair of vans got him across the country.
Speaker 13: Huh.
Speaker 9: I want to see, like the bald one that he get rid of it and then get a switch at go goofy foot for a little bit and.
Speaker 2: Think about all that pressure on the foot that's on the board, your front foot, whether it is your left or your right, there's so much your your left calf has to be bigger. You maybe switches up, That's what I'm saying. You does he switches?
Speaker 12: He?
Speaker 2: Well, I mean you and Chad grew up on Ocean Avenue. Did could he switch skate?
Speaker 12: You know?
Speaker 9: He wasn't as good as it then, But I guess if you're going all the way across the country, you probably get better at it.
Speaker 6: He's headlining, your buddy, Chad is headlining three things.
Speaker 2: See your boy, the dream came to you, guys. How many Knights did you guys up on Ocean Avenue.
Speaker 6: Talking about that?
Speaker 2: Okay, countless? Any interest in this? There's only one of them, So natural Light, Natty Natty light Yestadays they're giving away a one of a kind beer fridge. It's called the Neighborrator. What do you think this is? It's not a horse No, okay, the neighbor it with your neighbor, go go go with it.
Speaker 5: It's in between your backyard and your go buddy's.
Speaker 2: Back go keep going.
Speaker 5: That's it. That's all he got.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So if you're close enough with your neighbors to actually do this, Natty Light comes up with a double sided beer fridge, the Neighboraitor, and you build it right into your backyard fence so that you both have access to it. You already kind of do this with Matt. Just like it down, don't you. Yeah, So it's just like just put so they only made one now, The problem is, like for Matt, like that means he could just like be crawling through the fridge into my house and it wouldn't be Matt, it would be his kid, Emmett. Em It would be crawling.
Speaker 5: Through the fridge and put the beer down, Emmett.
Speaker 2: And coming over to the house. So you got to really really love your neighbors. But there's one of these. Uh, it comes with a year's worth of beer and it's going to be a twenty four pack a month for each house. So you're drinking. You can drink a case a week and you are they're gonna stock it for you for the year. The neighborator, it's pretty cool. What did what did liquid death come up with? A casket?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 2: A casket?
Speaker 5: It was a casket full of waters.
Speaker 2: No, because we talked about like yetti coolers, it was a casket cooler that you could actually be buried in. But liquid death it was a casket. It was a huge, massive tasket shaped cooler.
Speaker 14: Right.
Speaker 2: That's pretty sick. Okay, this is good. The natty light double sided fridge that you share with your neighbor is headlining the food blog page today. So three things you must see looking at Girls Food blog page today. Some good stuff on the website, really good stuff on the website today. What are you giving away on another show here?
Speaker 5: So I'd love to pay of tickets to see Ghosts at Toyota.
Speaker 4: Center for another show.
Speaker 5: I just gotta come up with the creation.
Speaker 27: Okay, we'll have a question for you on the Flip Houston and The rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 2: The Buzz four five The Buzz, Good morning, rod Ryan's Show. Guys, it's gonna put a wrap on Well, got one more thing to do here. I'm gonna wrap up today's show. I got tickets to go see Ghosts August sixteenth, Toyota Center. Tickets are on sale now you'd like to get him a free Tessa has a question for you. It was covered today on the show I hope.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we did. We did a story on this. Who is the hardest person is shot for during the holidays? According to the story we did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was wrong on this.
Speaker 6: I said my mom very specific.
Speaker 5: To me, So it's not so it's not your parent or mom, okay, right?
Speaker 2: Seven one, three, two, one, two, five nine or five. Merry Christmas from The rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 22: Wow.
Speaker 2: Solomon Nutcracker on ninety four five.
Speaker 21: The Buzz ninety four five The Buzz, Good Morning rod Ryan Show, Alien Man from Smooth Criminal, Sunny Skies Today.
Speaker 2: Ten percent chance of rain high sixty two.
Speaker 6: Let's go give these tickets away. He's now time for know this show on ninety four.
Speaker 2: Five The Buzz, Good Morning rod Ryan Show. Good morning. Who's this? It's Kurt Kirk, Kirk with a K, or Kirk with the t Okay Kirk with the K, Kirk with the K. Welcome Kirk, good to have you on today.
Speaker 6: How are you?
Speaker 13: I'm doing greatself great?
Speaker 2: You got a question for the Captain?
Speaker 5: I do Kirk with the K?
Speaker 4: Who is the hardest person to Christmas shop for?
Speaker 13: Would it be that Pesty significant other?
Speaker 24: Hell boy, Pesty is one for it your part your you just get out.
Speaker 2: You can't, Kirk, get out while you can't. Okay, just get out and you can just say give me the tickets and go what do you get? What do you giving them?
Speaker 4: You get the Ghosts tickets at Toyota Center. Congratula Sean's thank you very much, my pleasure.
Speaker 2: You have somebody like that you need to buy for? Oh yeah, I worry, I've worried you already got it. Okay, Well we don't want say I don't want to ruin, so all right, very good dude. Congratulations, thanks for being on the show today.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I have a happy Christmas night.
Speaker 2: Thank you man, you too, Kirk, Kirk, Kevin, Merry Christmas. I'm not saying it enough. Happy Christmas.
Speaker 5: Please snap it up.
Speaker 2: Oh we're going out with ghosts?
Speaker 14: Why not?
Speaker 1: But it time?
Speaker 2: Is it ghost or is it rat? The name of the song is rats. All right, Josh the Goat. How about that guy? Huh, you're a good twelve times in the Hall of Fame. He showed us why he's the goat. He beat Brian, He beat up on Brian a little bit this morning. Well Brian got him on that first question. Everything one of these games is absolutely epic. We start the Elite eight tomorrow, the Birdman takes on Autumn winner goes to the final four. That just means we're running out of year. That's all that means to me. Ye, Thank you to our friends over at Planet Fitness. Winner of the whole damn thing's going to get a one year man membership and a one thousand dollars one thousand dollars cash as a matter of fact, the hype Man was awesome today. The hype it sounded fantastic. Did you hear a little bit of the podcast?
Speaker 5: Wonderful?
Speaker 2: What about your pod? How does your pod sound? Your past the Bravy it sounds awesome.
Speaker 9: Our year ind Awards, the twenty twenty four Gravies. We do all the nominations for that. I talk about Christmas totem.
Speaker 8: Polls, college football, baseball.
Speaker 9: Contracts, whatever you want us to talk about it we already talked about it.
Speaker 2: Is this where you give away an award to like the Gravy Ganger of the year too, we do. Yeah.
Speaker 8: And then we also have some auxiliary ones. They're like Athlete of the Year, Death.
Speaker 2: Of the Year, come thee. But the local one for the listeners, for the listeners of the pod and the fans of the pod. Are there?
Speaker 4: Is it?
Speaker 6: Could it come from? Could it be anybody? Or is there a nominee?
Speaker 2: Nominations?
Speaker 9: Yes, nomination people that interact with us the most on the show, We nominate them.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Any two time champions and that.
Speaker 9: Josh Free went back to back years. One time Raymond was going for his second MVP. Alex O that also listen so this show is also going for his second MVP.
Speaker 2: Very good, good luck. Wild Card Wednesday was their number one link today. Alex does have a new podcast up on links and guests. The boot Blade Board, which is still tough for me to say. I think it was a three today. I think it's more than that.
Speaker 5: It's probably like eight.
Speaker 12: No, no, no.
Speaker 2: One of those was Michael Bolton misfired.
Speaker 8: I still think now we have a Bolton board and.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the Bolton Board was one today. It was a definite misfire on my part. Thanks for the Christmas party invites, for the ones that are going on next year. Our ex poll this morning. Uh, it's pretty equal. People like surprises, people like getting things that they ask for. Tomorrow, Throwback Thursday, read my Lips, six to graand Thursday.
Speaker 6: Okay not stop Noon to with Jeremy up next.
Speaker 2: Pick your tickets with him in the one o'clock hour rod Ryan Show at rod Ryan Show on All Socials, New Past the Gravy podcast. Oh thanks, thanks, iHeart guy. New Specs Drink. You have a new Specs Drink video.
Speaker 25: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I got to my strength coming out and was.
Speaker 2: It coming out?
Speaker 22: Is it out?
Speaker 12: Do you know?
Speaker 16: Is it?
Speaker 2: Is it made its way to learn.
Speaker 5: Your guess yet it's on I saw it on the buzzes facebook page.
Speaker 2: It was live.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't know where it lives.
Speaker 2: To work with. Thank you for links and guests.
Speaker 5: Alex, shut the hell up.
Speaker 8: I'm just saying I was interested in watch.
Speaker 5: Why don't you talk about shredding hell up on your next podcast episode?
Speaker 11: Like how to do it?
Speaker 2: The best talk on it?
Speaker 6: We can't.
Speaker 2: Tessa's gonna be on Houston Life where she'll tell Derek to shut the hell out.
Speaker 5: Oh, I would never do that. Oh my god, Derek so nice? Why would I ever say that?
Speaker 11: Your way?
Speaker 2: That's gonna be at one o'clock today. Yep. All right, guys, we're on a twenty hour break. Have an awesome, awesome Wednesday. Everybody am ath Well, wasn't that fun?
Speaker 22: If you missed any of the show today, all the good Stuff will be podcast.
Speaker 2: Check it out on the world.
Speaker 22: They this Rod Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com.