Speaker 1: This is Dan Capless and welcome to today's online podcast edition of the Dan Caplis Show. Please be sure to give us a five star rating if you'd be so kind, and to subscribe, download and listen to the show every single day on your favorite podcast platform.
Speaker 2: Hello.
Speaker 3: No, no, it's heidiganoll here in for Dan Caples. It's five o'clock on a Monday, Monday, Monday. It's going to be a crazy week as usual. As I said in the beginning, Ryan, every day is like Christmas with all the stuff rolling out from Trump.
Speaker 4: For those of us that are on that side.
Speaker 5: Merry Christmas, everyone, Merry Christmas, God bless us everyone.
Speaker 4: Jeez.
Speaker 3: If you'd like to call in and chat about we were talking about the Republican Party and in this opt out situation called three oh three seven one three eight two five five, or you can text five seven seven three nine to Dan and I.
Speaker 4: Will see the message.
Speaker 3: And we're talking about the difference between a semi open primary where on a phil can vote in the primary like they do now, and we also have a caucus process so you can get on the ballot in various ways to go up against the Democrats. If you're a Republican and then the opt out of the primary completely, where we'll opt out of how we do it now and not have petitioning on and it'll be very different caucus process and candidates will have to go through the caucus to an assembly and only one person will come out of it.
Speaker 4: And that's potentially what the.
Speaker 3: New chair will decide if we're going to vote on which would affect the twenty twenty six elections.
Speaker 4: So we're going to go to Ken and Aurora. Who has a comment on this?
Speaker 2: Hi?
Speaker 6: Ken, how are you okay? I didn't really understand this court case. I got to the program late. But the whole thing it kind of sounds like a tax form.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: Yes, that is a great analogy.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know, and so but anyway might say, is you know a couple of comments on the party. I heard that there was just a convicted felon that's running it, and I'm thinking, well, if he's anything like Trump, he's my guy.
Speaker 4: Right, Well, not the state GOP. I think you're referencing one of the counties.
Speaker 6: But yeah, oh yes, Jeff go I think, yeah, But by the way, do you know what he's a felon from? Do you know what he did. I mean, it's got to be more than parking tickets.
Speaker 4: I know part of the story.
Speaker 3: I don't know the details you can probably google and figure out. But Rich Rich has a very different side of the story, the one who is the new Rich White, who's the new Jefferson County Chair. So I would suggest you give Rich a call and let him explain, because obviously he explained it well enough that he got elected chair of Jefferson County. But I think, you know, on the state GOP, what's your take there, what do you think is going to happen?
Speaker 6: You know, I don't know. But my thing is the Republican Party. I've heard time and again they know how to do nothing but lose. Now, granted we're surrounded by Democrats, but so was Trump, which proves you can be victorious even when things seem bad. And my comment to any Republican in the state, be it county, state or if they want to represent us in Congress, I want you to win. You know, It's pretty simple. It's like I saw this Super Bowl once and the coach is like he just told his guys, like at halftime, he goes go out there and just win, you know, emphatically, And I don't know what it is that they get in their own way. If the fix is in, honestly, they should be in my opinion, and I don't know the ins and outs, but it's shameful. This state used to be red. We shifted over to purple and then blue. It is and that can and will be ultimately the destruction of any economy and society. The chases that thing too far?
Speaker 4: Got it?
Speaker 6: I mean, does that sound too radical?
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 3: I think what you're saying is you just want to win, You want to do well. You want the old Colorado back, the wild West that we all grew.
Speaker 4: Up with that we miss And a lot.
Speaker 3: Of it has to do with the four billionaires that got together and invested in turning the state around, one of which was Jared Poulis. It's called the Blueprint. So you know, I think there's a lot of headwinds, there's a lot of things against us, but there's a lot of ways to win too, And that's why I was trying to lay out the numbers in the first part of this the show, where we talk about the number of unaffiliated voters, we talk about how many we need to bring over to vote for.
Speaker 4: Us in order to win statewide.
Speaker 3: And that's the big discussion going on in the party right now, like how do we change the way we get candidates up against the Democrats or do we change it in order to win elections again, So thanks for your comments, Ken, I really appreciate it. I'm going to read a comment because this is a valid point that I need to clarify. So she says, can how do you please clarify her statement about only a few thousand Republicans getting to decide in the caucus system. It starts at the precinct level, moves to the county and district levels, then to the state level, and then to the national level. Every registered Republican has the ability to weigh in on the candidate, So the statement needs a little more explanation. I agree with you if it's done in the same way it's done now, where you run for precinct chair or district captain, and then we elect bonus members and the heads of our county parties. But I don't think it's clear yet how this is going to work. I don't think I haven't heard an explanation of how this is going to work. If there's one assembly that decides where all the candidates are. I've heard they're going to open it up to many more people. I've heard they might limit it. I've heard all kinds of things. So as it stands right now, if you go through the caucus process, yes, you elect your precinc person, which very few people do that, or get involved. That's why I like to tell people, be the leader in your neighborhood. Go get involved as a precinct leader or help at the precinct level, and that allows you to have a say and who is going to represent you and decide who the candidates are. But right now, so few people are involved in that process. It concerns me. So that's where I was coming from. The Other thing is this is very very expensive. If all of a sudden we are going to host assemblies all over the state for our counties and for the big ones the state wides. I want to understand how we're going to pay for this too as a party. So those two things I need to understand better, how it's tactically going to work, and how we're going to pay for it. Let's go to Steve and Arvada, who also has a comment on the open primary.
Speaker 4: Steve, Welcome to the show. This is heidiganal Hie.
Speaker 7: I was just going to say, back when they change the election to allow in the pans to vote in the primaries, I've been so tired of the Republican Party. I changed to independent thinking.
Speaker 6: That I could do one of two things.
Speaker 7: Let them get the hint supposedly, and then also be able to vote for the least likely Democrat to win so in the primary.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I've heard a lot about that, And when I was running for governor, we did a lot of digging to try and figure out if that was a real thing or not, and we decided it really wasn't like not a lot of people were taking going to the effort like you did to vote like to actually or not like you did, because some people actually change parties in order to do that and mess with the other primary. I don't think that's a huge issue. But what did happen is the Polists and the Democrats spent three million dollars helping my opponent in the primary because they thought they had a better chance of beating that person. And so that was unfortunate. And that's playing in the primaries. So money plays a part in this too. So I think the end of the day, it's a decision about, you know, how do we bring in unaffiliated voters, but yet make a decision on who our candidate is as a party. And we've got to figure out those nuances and figure out how to navigate that.
Speaker 4: Steve, thanks for coming on and your comment. Let's go to.
Speaker 3: Kevin in Boulder. Kevin, what would you like to chat about today? This is how to get own.
Speaker 8: Well, I'm not calling about so maybe you don't want to hear what I have to say today.
Speaker 4: It's up It's up to you.
Speaker 8: Okay. Well, I'm calling about two things, chemtrails and the Federal Reserve. Now. I suspect that Trump maybe planning and doing things right now to go after the Federal Reserve and abolish it.
Speaker 9: But I don't know, can.
Speaker 4: I think, Kevin? I think we talked about this before when I was on once. Explain to people why okay, why okay?
Speaker 3: Just briefly, because we don't have a lot of time. We got to go to break in like one minute us the quick downlow in the Federal Reserve.
Speaker 8: Feder Reserve was created in nineteen thirteen in secret by the banks, the Big banks, and it was meant to take away our constitutional money and give the banks the ability to treat us and enslave us financially, which leads to enslavement in all kinds of things, including politics. An ounce of gold today buys the same amount of goods bought one hundred and fifty years ago. Gold standard value doesn't change. The amount of money you needed to buy the same things is increased. The Federal Reserve notes aren't worth as much, and the sole dictator of inflation is the banks, and they make it mandatory that you have to pay more in Federal Reserve notes than you would with an ounce of gold. It's enslavement and it's evil, and it's even outlawed by God in the Old Testament. We need every state has the constitutional ability to print or coin it its own money, and the states need to be doing that right now, so FED won't because we need to get rid of this Federal Reserve which has been around since nineteen thirteen and destroyed people's lives and killed people and cheated all of us out of our valued money. This is not money, this is counterfeit currency that the banks put out.
Speaker 4: All right, Kevin, we got to run to break.
Speaker 3: But that was a great lesson on the federal Reserve, and I'd like to learn a little bit more about it at some other point.
Speaker 4: I did hear that, Ryan, I don't know that you heard that.
Speaker 3: Elon and Trump are going to go tour Fort Knox to see our gold.
Speaker 5: Bring geraldo so we could see at the al Capone's Well. The only thing I'll say on Covin's behalf nineteen thirteen federal Reserve, it almost aligns perfectly with the institution of the federal income.
Speaker 10: Tax nineteen nine or so around the same time.
Speaker 3: And that as the money has spent so well on our behalf, isn't well?
Speaker 10: I know, I trust them trust the government to spend my money.
Speaker 4: You're so funny, funny guy today.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 4: Do you trust the Colorado government to spend your money?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, me?
Speaker 4: Neither me neither. That's what I mean.
Speaker 3: The government has grown so much in the last decade. I think our budget's gone from like twenty five twenty five billion to forty billion over the last you know, a couple of terms, and uh, it's it's done not much to help Colorado.
Speaker 4: So there's that. All right, Well, we are we are going to head to a break.
Speaker 3: This is Heidi get all filling in for Dan Kaplis, and I will wrap up around five point thirty and hand it off to Ryan, and I believe Dan will be in at that point.
Speaker 4: All right, we'll see you after the break, and.
Speaker 10: Now back to the Dan Kaplas Show podcast.
Speaker 4: My show had value and that.
Speaker 11: I'm sorry that what I was doing I value and value and in the end, I'm sorry. I'm not trying not to cry on TV. And I say, this is kind of like me on TV. So I apologize, and then and then it kind of and then it mattered.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, Ryan, liberal tears.
Speaker 10: They're delicious.
Speaker 1: They're delicious, They're very tasty.
Speaker 10: Her show mattered. It had value, Heidi.
Speaker 4: Then how come it's getting canceled.
Speaker 5: Terrible ratings and it was just constant race baiting hate from her?
Speaker 10: Oh you know she's from around here, right?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: I did not know that.
Speaker 10: Yes she is. Where where they look it up? Specifically? What I got to look it up?
Speaker 3: Hold on a second, it's all right, it's all right, I know I'll find it quick. I read that she doesn't feel guilty about going hard on issues like BLM Asian Americans targeted immigrants just trying to make a life, the immigrants just trying to make a life, like right here in a Laura, Colorado. Yeah, like trendar a trendate a ragwack. Yeah, goodness, gracious, it says here she.
Speaker 5: Was raised mostly in Denver, Colorado, until the age of seventeen. Wow, she moved to Flatbush, Brooklyn to live with an.
Speaker 4: Ent Well, New York rubbed off on her.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, let me see, she was born in sixty eight, so she's fifty six, So until age seventeen, that would have been about nineteen eighty five.
Speaker 4: The best years.
Speaker 5: Well, that's right, so she should have remembered those years about her upbringing an experience living here in Colorado.
Speaker 10: But no, you're right she got tainted by Brooklyn and New York.
Speaker 9: I think I.
Speaker 3: Grew up in Monument, Colorado, just down the road by the Air Force Academy. And when I moved here when I was twelve, there were I mean, there were like ninety kids in my class, and I mean we did all the things like rode our bikes everywhere, stayed out, you know, like just like the typical eighties meme, you know, drank out of the water hose, and it was an amazing experience.
Speaker 4: I gotta give it to monument.
Speaker 5: And I got to I've just discovered this, and I don't know. I'm really late to the party, especially as a gen xer like you, Heidi, but stranger, thanks have you at.
Speaker 3: Yes, my daughter loves it. My freshman in high school. Yes, she was obsessed for a while. So I got to see quite a bit of it.
Speaker 5: See, I did the math on the characters, and so those that have seen it, you'll know. Those that haven't just bear with me, and oh, by the way, watch it. But Lucas's little sister, Erica, would be about my age, so she was younger than kind of the younger kids that were nerds, which would have been born about seventy one. And then the older kids that were driving around and doing the things in Nancy with the mystery solving and stuff, they were born about sixty eight.
Speaker 10: Yeah, seventy sixty eight, seventy one, and then I was born in seventy four.
Speaker 4: You're a pup. I was born in sixty six.
Speaker 5: Well, yeah, you would be like kind of the older kids on that show that were driving and leading the charge on stuff, which I could see obviously.
Speaker 4: I love seeing the clothes.
Speaker 3: And you know what, I loved watching Cobra Kai during COVID because of all the car like the transams and like, oh the old school cars in all the eighties references the cool part too.
Speaker 5: My gen z niece Mila, who's now in eighth grade, watched Cobra Kai, then wanted to watch The Karate Kid like back from Our Day eighty four, and then developed a big crush on Ralph Maccio.
Speaker 4: Wait isn't he a little older?
Speaker 5: Well yeah, but she likes young Ralph Macchio and he's kind of frozen in time in The Karate Kid in nineteen eighty four.
Speaker 3: So you know what we watched Sunday? Dad was yesterday my husband put on Goonies.
Speaker 10: Love it.
Speaker 4: I know it's a good.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Sean Aston, I don't want to spoil anything, but he has a prominent role in season two.
Speaker 10: I believe it is of Stranger Things.
Speaker 4: Yes, that's accurate.
Speaker 10: Yeah, and he was, of course of the lead and Goonies.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, what was your favorite eighties movie?
Speaker 9: Mine was?
Speaker 4: I think mine was Top Gun.
Speaker 10: Back of the Future is right up there.
Speaker 4: I just saw that at the Bule it was such a great play.
Speaker 5: Oh my gosh, it was on Well you saw the stage of the theater versionage version, Yeah, Breakfast Club. I mean all those John Hughes movies from the eighties that weird science, love weird science. That's in that realm.
Speaker 4: That was that when they say he said give me the keys, Lisa, Yes, I.
Speaker 10: Gotta get Kelly on this conversation. She's of this generation as well.
Speaker 9: Kelley.
Speaker 12: Of course, eighties movie though everything John Hughes.
Speaker 10: Yeah, sure, of course.
Speaker 12: But I would have to say, well, this one was actually in the seventies, but Jaws is my favorite movie.
Speaker 4: Got Kelly. Why didn't I terrify you?
Speaker 12: It did and didn't, although I was convinced, like we used to play a game in California called Jaws and somebody was in the pool's Jaws and we would pull you would basically it was completely dark and somebody who was Jaws would pull you under and then you got out.
Speaker 4: So that is creepy.
Speaker 10: It was the eighties movie Veil give us your favorite. I know what it is. It's that one, right.
Speaker 3: I like top Gun No, No, no, not a Lotach the Beach.
Speaker 10: Real Genius, that's the one. Real genius, kind of a under the radar hit.
Speaker 3: It was yeah that I mean, there were so many Steelers day off.
Speaker 10: Oh yeah, so much fun.
Speaker 4: That was more your years. Like I think that was passed a little bet.
Speaker 10: Yeah, maybe a little, but I remember it and I worshiped him.
Speaker 4: Do you remember America American Werewolf?
Speaker 5: Well, teen Wolf and American Werewolf in London was hilarious.
Speaker 11: Big.
Speaker 4: That was the scary movie that I liked. I thought that was really.
Speaker 5: Because there was a lot of humor involved in that too, so it made a little more palatable.
Speaker 3: And what about the Friday the thirteenth and Halloween and the horror movie genre in its peak and night Mary.
Speaker 10: And elm Street.
Speaker 4: Halloween scared me more than Josh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, walk into the dark closet where you know, the mass murgery you're yelling at the screen.
Speaker 10: I love it.
Speaker 4: It was great hanging out with you guys today. I'm sorry I have to take off a little early.
Speaker 3: But I hope you have a wonderful week. This is hiding and All handing it off to Ryan and Dan. We'll be in just a few minutes.
Speaker 4: Have a wonderful week everyone.
Speaker 10: You're listening to the Dan Kaplis Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Wow, Happy Monday everybody. Thank you to Heidi Ganall for doing the show today. I've been in a Catholic Charities board meeting and so joining you a little bit late, but so much to talk about.
Speaker 9: Ryan, why don't we come right out of.
Speaker 1: The gate with Governor Polis on weather biological mouse. So let's just say mouse, Okay, just save everybody sometime should participate in girls' sports cut thirteen.
Speaker 13: Please, as governors, we've our prior initiative that we continue our work on it to disagree better. We always hope that people can disagree in a way that elevates the discourse and tries to come to a common solution around around what the issue is.
Speaker 9: I don't think that that disagreement was necessarily.
Speaker 10: A model of that.
Speaker 9: I don't think a lot of us went.
Speaker 10: In really even aware of what the conflict was about.
Speaker 13: But look, if there's a conflict there, I encourage everybody to get together and work it out. Obviously, one way to do that is through the courts if it comes to that, but if there's other ways to understand where folks are coming from, I would encourage everybody to do that.
Speaker 9: What a leader profiles Encourage right Volume two.
Speaker 1: Wait a second, No, no, no, no, no no. The goal isn't to disagree better. The goal is to agree on the things you should agree on. And any seene person should agree that males should not play girls sports and so pull us. And you know these Colorado Democrats, Ryan, they wonder why they can never get any tracks. And once they get outside of the love bubble in Colorado, right, this bubble of protection that these Democrats, whether it's Polis or Hickenlooper or Bennett, that they build with the media, right, because they'll cut off access if the media don't protect them. And then they get outside that bubble and wonder why they don't go anywhere.
Speaker 9: Well, who would vote for that?
Speaker 1: I mean, your last name could be Pollss and you wouldn't vote for that, because you know, you embarrass yourself if you vote for that, because there's no leadership. I think a lot of people vote for people they disagree with on big issues because they respect the fact that person has the courage of their own convictions.
Speaker 9: Will tell you what they really.
Speaker 1: Believe, and we'll show you the respect of telling you they disagree.
Speaker 9: With you and why. But who would vote for that? You'd rather vote for the couch.
Speaker 5: Well, it's just such like you said, Dan, it's a mealy mouthed answer on an eighty twent'th.
Speaker 9: An insult to Millie Mouse.
Speaker 5: Well, here, Martina Navratalova is a hard leftist, lives here, Dan in Colorado. I might add, I've been trying to get her on your show, and mind it's a work in progress. But nevertheless, she's sides with JK Rowling, with gays, against groomers, with preventing biological males from entering female sports and spaces, Martina and Arbertilova. So she's taken that stand, but Jared Polus can't.
Speaker 1: Well, and again, here's the thing. If Polus wanted to come out and just say directly, because it's the way he's ruled and governed, right, just say it directly, Okay, I think males should be able to participate in girls' sports.
Speaker 9: And here's why.
Speaker 1: Well, he's going to be on the wrong side of it for eighty percent of the people, but at least some people.
Speaker 9: Could respect him from making his case correct.
Speaker 1: But this kind of garbage, No nobody wants any of that. But of course we all know the reason he won't come out and try and make the case because it's an indefensible, unmakable case, and he apparently still harbors these delusions of being president. And the truth is, I still hope to be quarterback for the Broncos next year. I don't tell Bo Nicks because I think our law firm sponsors his show and that could be a.
Speaker 9: Bit of a conflict.
Speaker 1: Yes, but you could see it, right, I mean, which could you see more easily, Polis's president or me qb one.
Speaker 5: I think you just as like a charity event, getting to play for one play has a better chance of happening than Polis ever becoming president.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, but wow, So thank you for that sound. That is a gift today because again I do think there's a shot in Colorado. There's a shot to get the governor's office. There's a shot to knock off Hickenlooper or whoever ends up, and that maybe Polis who pushes Hickenlooper out and runs for that. But there's a shot, and you'd have to do what Trump did, and it's the right thing to do, and you'd have to use this as a lead issue, and people say, oh, the lead issues, they have to be economic. They have to be bread and butter. Yeah, bread and butter count, no doubt about it. But it's always been Ryan, I think, and you know this as a blue collar guy like me, it's been a.
Speaker 9: Fundamental misunderstanding of working people.
Speaker 1: That because we may have less money than some other people, that all we care about is money. And that is a fundamental, arrogant, elitest, disparaging way to look at working people. I grew up in the greatest family a kid could ever grow up, and we were the richest people in the world. My dad was a Chicago cop, my mom stayed home with us. But in all the ways that matter, we were the richest people in the world. We didn't sit around and you didn't sit around Ryan and Michigan. You didn't sit around envious of people who had more money. You just you wanted your fair shot. And if you made money a priority, you wanted a fair shot to go make your money. And so, no, it's about the things that matter most. It's about you know, the core values and principle and morality and family and all that. So Trump led with and in the end may very well have won on this whole idea that no, you cannot have men in women's sports. You can't have men in women's safe places, and anybody who says you can.
Speaker 9: There are two nuts to be in office on any issue.
Speaker 1: And that's the same thing Colorado candidates for governor and Senate need to do. They need to press the hell out of it, stick it in the face of the Democrat at every turn, every event, every debate, everywhere.
Speaker 10: It's just such a slam dunk.
Speaker 2: Dan.
Speaker 5: I mean, if let's say you were to debate Polis on this issue, it goes to your earlier point. Even those on a far lunatic fringe left, you would express a very clear, concise, direct opinion on whether or not males of any kind of any background originally born that way should participate in female sports, and you would say no, and they want all okay.
Speaker 10: At least we know where Dan stands. Polis's answer right there.
Speaker 5: I don't think that's satisfying to the hard left either, So he's winning anybody over.
Speaker 1: And don't have to go way beyond the debates, because the Democrats only agree to debate now with Democrat moderators who then protect them in debates. So we'd have to go way beyond the debates. You'd have to raise the money to be like Trump did with Musk money, pounding the Democrats on TV. Colorado is still small enough you can go retail. You'd have to pound them in every group, everywhere.
Speaker 9: And it's not the only issue you do.
Speaker 1: But it's one of those issues that just forces the mask to drop. It reveals who these Democrats really are. And they will never break with it, right. They will never take the position that, oh, no, girls' sports and locker rooms and showers and bathrooms should only be limited to girls. They will never ever take that position.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 10: And they're checkmate it on the chessboard because of it.
Speaker 5: And that's not the only issue that that's the case, Dan as I have on your sheet, and maybe we'll get to this when we come back. James Carville is saying, point blank, you guys are better off just staying silent, playing possum, staying out of the news and not even uttering a word, and letting the Republicans counting on Republicans and the Trump administration to destroy themselves, rather than having anything on offense as an issue.
Speaker 9: Well, you must mean cut sick. Yes, let's play cut SIGs.
Speaker 2: But what I've said very publiclyid Democrats need to play possum.
Speaker 9: This whole thing is collapsing.
Speaker 2: It doesn't need Elizabeth Warren and somebody's screaming to pacify some progressive adversing groups in Washington, which, by the way, I wish these people were just useless.
Speaker 9: They're actually worse than useless.
Speaker 2: That they're detrimental and they never ever learned to shut up.
Speaker 1: Now I love listening to James Carville. It doesn't matter how wrong he is. Do you think he's doing dope? And I don't mean that in a disparaging kind of way. It's you know, but I really wonder and it's one of the reasons I love watching guys. So this whole thing's collapsing, right, James. Yeah. And so let me get this straight. This Trump presidency, which is by almost every metric on a role right now, is about to collapse. When it didn't collapse the first time around when he was up against the coup attempt, up against all of that other garbage, when he was up against COVID, it didn't collapse. Then he lost a very very very very narrow, razor thin race, but it never collapsed. Now he is multiples better has a multiples better team, is off to a tremendous start, is admired and respected around the world for lots of reasons, and including how he handled the assassination attempt. And so now he's going to collapse. Here's what we've got, Ryan, right, And you and I see it all the time, you know, it's it's called camera horse. And I don't mean it in a bad way with Carville because I love watching him and he just helps turn more people to conservatism and he's interesting.
Speaker 9: Right, But James Carvill, how old is the guy?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 9: I mean he and Moses have.
Speaker 1: Got to be neck and neck, right, So you got you got Carvil's right.
Speaker 9: Now, he's like Madonna.
Speaker 1: As she turned forty five, you know, willing to do anything to be in the public eye and taking off all the clothes that no longer gets attention for either Madonna or Carville. So now they got to light their hair on fire and run around naked. And yeah, he took power to him.
Speaker 10: He just turned eighty in October.
Speaker 9: Madonna or Carvill?
Speaker 10: Hey, no Carvel, oh Carvil?
Speaker 9: Okay, Now I was serious about Madonna. D A N five seven seven three ninety.
Speaker 10: And now back to the Dan Kapla Show podcast.
Speaker 11: My show had valued and that.
Speaker 9: I'm sorry that what I was doing.
Speaker 11: Value and value and in the end, I'm sorry, I'm not I trying not to cry on on TV, and I say, this is kind of like me on TV. So I apologize and then and then it kind of and then it mattered.
Speaker 1: You know, I'm not going to make fun of her for crying about the end of her show. I mean, hey, I shed a tear when Capitalists and Silverman ended after seven or eight great years, whatever it was, because you know, you put your heart and soul into a show. The difference is our show had value. It did a lot of great things in those seven or eight years, and a lot of great things for the community. Her show was toxic, you know her. It is great for America that her show has gone, because I don't care what color the host is, white, black, some other color. If your show revolves around being racially divisive, it shouldn't be on air. I mean, you know, you shouldn't be on the I mean, you have a write of freedom of speech. That's not my point, but there's no value in that other than exposing how we should not be.
Speaker 9: And I didn't watch her sho much.
Speaker 1: I'm sure she occasionally did a useful segment, but overall, what was she known for. She was known for that racial toxicity, you know, and so you got anybody regardless of color, when that's their stick. No, it speaks well of America that there is not a market for that eight five five for zero five A two five five the number techs d an five seven seven three nine. So weird to do a half an hour Hudi Ganah was great to do most of the show today. I was in a Catholic Charities board meeting, so I've got the last half hour. Ryan, there's something to these half hour shows. I hope the listeners wouldn't agree with that, but.
Speaker 10: It's literally a dead sprint for you.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it cuts down on the prep, that's for darn sure.
Speaker 1: Now, So is this right that because you have to be outside of his wife, the biggest DeSantis fan in America?
Speaker 9: Is he really not.
Speaker 1: Supporting Byron Donalds, who I think is a superstar for governor in Florida because his wife may run.
Speaker 9: Is that right?
Speaker 5: I didn't know the latter part of that, but he made a very big point about saying that, Hey, Iron Donalds didn't help do anything down here in Florida while we were making things happen over the eight years he was governor.
Speaker 1: Wow, well, yeah, that means his wife's running, really think, Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, wow.
Speaker 5: I mean Casey, she's got a lot of the Q score factor. You know, she's been on television. She's got that presence. You know, some might say the same for an amy kaplis potentially making a run like that too.
Speaker 9: Oh my lord, are you kidding me? I can't even get her on air? Did I tell you once that I can't remember which of.
Speaker 1: The big but when satellite radio was huge that they approached us about doing a show.
Speaker 9: Together, that would have been incredible.
Speaker 10: Chance zero Because she didn't want to do it.
Speaker 1: She could have done it, I mean I oh yeah, yeah, yeah, Oh my god, yes, yet he had been a superstar.
Speaker 9: This political stuff, no appetite for it.
Speaker 1: If I earned it up in that arena, she'd be a good wife and she would do the things that we all do for spouses, right, whether we like to or not. But not that that is not her arena, I get it.
Speaker 11: Not.
Speaker 1: In fact, one of the great joys for her in leaving TV. She loved the people she worked with. She was at the top of her game, had a lot of great offers, could have gone national, but she just loved no longer being in the spotlight.
Speaker 9: She loves people.
Speaker 1: People still come up to her king soupers or whatever when they're not striking. You know, she loves people. But just yeah, just very happy to lead a nice private life.
Speaker 5: Do you think a Casey DeSantis would stand a chance of winning the nomination? I think there's a lot of even though that Ron Desantless loved sixty forty, isn't there some level of fatigue because you talk about this with Donald Junior?
Speaker 10: Two?
Speaker 1: Let me put it this way, Casey DeSantis will have a lot better chance than Marlon will in Colorado or would in.
Speaker 9: Colorado fair if he was so interested.
Speaker 1: No, listen, I mean just you know, for Governor DeSantis to go that hard after Donald's when Donald's I think is a star. That tells me Casey DeSantis must be very interesting or DeSantis has somebody else. But that brings us back to that brings us back to Junior right right, and the sea PEC poll over the weekend, and what I've been saying all along, If Junior wants it. He's probably going to be the nominee or at least have the inside track. I wonder if there's something in the works where he would be jd Vance's VP.
Speaker 10: Could be. Could but