Speaker 1: Five o five at fifty five k r C the doalk station. Happy Monday, Sesay.
Speaker 2: S a vacation.
Speaker 1: I'm the dude, mayn you may be. I'm Brian Thomas. Ho's to the fifty five k Morning show and we're gonna be talking at Christopher Smith. And at seven thirty it is Monday, we get the former vice mayor every Monday at seven thirty. That is appointment listening at least I'd like to.
Speaker 3: Call it that.
Speaker 1: I always has some wonderful insights and observations. We will he will share those with us collectively this morning at seven thirty. Coming up at h after the eight o'clock hour begins a few minutes into a John Barrett Western and Southern EBN fireworks are going on a Monday Era Sunday, and we'll be getting the insight from John Barrett, who is I believe CEO of Western and Southern CFO. He's got it. He's a huha, no doubt about that one. John joins the program every year to promote the fireworks. So that will be going on this weekend Sunday. Everybody is off. I'm off on Monday, Joe, are you off on Monday? They let you off. Good. Joe gets the day off as well. So there you go. Short line up today. No shot at Joe Stregger. Prayers for more guests on a Monday, because Monday is the hardest day to get my engine going, particularly in the five o'clock hour. Anyhow, managed to muddle through. We got a lot to talk about today. Of course. RFK dropping out of the race, endorsing Donald Trump, that's a big one. Israel going on the offensive, attacking has Ball all a moment, practically seemingly moments before the Hesbal was getting ready to launch a rather substantial volley of rockets into Israel, Israel getting the upper hand on them on that one and spurring some such in peace talks. Hold your breath for that one. Probably not a good idea. Good idea that would be to call in here the fifty five Carrecy Morning Show. I love to hear from you. Maybe you got something on your mind. Direction you'd like to go five one, three, seven, four nine, fifty five hundred, eight hundred eighty two three talko with Top five fifty on AT and T founds And always remember, never forget yes the word for fifty five carecy dot com. You can stream the audio directly from the website Get your iHeart Media. Have to listen on your device wherever that device happens to be, and of course listen to the content, including the podcast. Jack Addton return to the program last week and always enjoyed Jack's just brilliant observations historian and of course pays quite close attention to politics. Brilliant commentary by Jack Adtherton. I also talk with Peter Shabrie about the new real estate compensation rules and how they affect you, and pretty positive for the home buyer, and I can just pivot over since I'd mentioned Peter Spreen just real estate generally speaking, people aren't following through with their home deals apparently because well, they're worried about the upcoming presidential election, and they're praying and hoping and perhaps against hope that the Fed's going to lower the interest rate, which of course may result in the home home mortgage rates dropping probably will. It's weird. Sixty thousand Americans have ended their home deals because of high prices and concerns about the election. Sales of existing homes rose point six percent over the month in July, but fell two percent year every year the lowest July level in records. Records only go back to twenty twelve, according to redfin, so lowest on record average interest rate now dropped a six point four nine percent. It was seven point two to two percent in May. That was the peak. So home buyers are saying, hey, maybe the interest are going to drop further. Why would I get tied into a thirty year fixed mortgage? Although I could refinance, but why would I'm going to get tied into it right now here? Let me tear up this home purchase agreement and wait and sit it out, and see what happens in the presidential election, and see what happens with the Fed. And it's rumored that the interest rate will drop. Redfinn get a load of this meeting. Sale price to the home has increased over last year four point one percent. Median price now four hundred and thirty nine and seventy dollars. Affordability rather elusive, and don't look to Kamala Harris to make your home more affordable with all her promises of government handouts and giveaways that only exacerbates the problem significantly. And maybe infusion of optimism I listened to I listened to every single word of RFK Junior's speech dropping out of the race. It was a little long winded, but boy, I thought he made some fantastic points, and he delivers mess that come across very clearly. They're absorbable, they're understandable, they're easy to, you know, listen to and understand. You can, of course disagree with them, but at least they make sense. Kamala Harris engages in these platitudes and talks about joy and you know, I'm going to do this, but never explaining anything. Very Particularly, Donald Trump a little stilted in his wording. I think he gets out a little bit more messaging. But sometimes, you know, especially if you read a transcript of Donald Trump's words, you know he's more of a face to face communicator. You know, if you're contextually speaking, you kind of need to hear how Donald Trump is saying them in order to fully understand them. But it comes across as stilted and not real easy to read. Well, you know, RFK Junior, you read the whole thing and it comes across quite clearly. Now, of course it was a prepared speech, but there's a certain sense of optimism. It came across yesterday, and dare I say, dare I say, perhaps joining forces with Donald Trump? That might ensure that Donald Trump siphons off some of the six percent plus or minus that RFK Junior was polling with. It's no guarantee that the RFK supporters are going to go with Trump, but he comes across with a better message. He was on Sunday programming yesterday and he's talking about the term make America great again. He said the phrase has troubled liberals who think it's a call for a return to an America before civil rights, gay rights, and women's rights. And let me pause on that observation, because that's what the left tries to spin it as. Donald Trump just wants to go back to you know, Jim Crow era. Donald Trump wants to take away rights from gays, Donald Trump wants women back in the home, that kind of stuff. That's a bastardization of Donald Trump's message, and of course Kennedy points that out. He is, but I RFK Junior have a more generous interpretation, one that is truer to my experience of Donald Trump as he is here today. Why because RFK Junior actually has sat down with Trump they have had meeting in advance of RFK Junior pulling out of the race. Donald Trump was open and willing to discuss things with them. When RFK Junior reached out to the Harris administration, she basically raised her metaphorical middle finger by refusing to even sit down and talk with him. Plus the lawfair they had been engaging with him, which really really obviously got under Rfk's skin every time he turned around their filing a lawsuit against him. The Democrats said, they dragged us into court state after state, attempting to erase the work and disappear with the will of the voters which signed those petitions, in other words, the petitions to get him on the ballot. Each time our volunteers turned in those towering boxes the signatures needed to get on the ballot, they dragged us into court, he pointed out. His running mate Nicole Shanahan put it out there, facing no fewer than nine lawsuits from the Democratic Party against the RFK Junior campaign, same thing they did with Donald Trump to try to ke him off the ballot. They're going after anybody who represents even a possible threat. So the relationship started warming earlier this year. They spoke last month after the assassination at ten against Trump met in person the following day. He said, they've had a series of long, intense discussions. He said it was a surprise to discover that we Trump and RFK Junior are aligned on many key issues. In those meetings. We went back yesterday going to a statement he us make America great Again, recalls a nation brimming with vitality. This is why I sort of wrote Reagan next to this, with a can do spirit, with a hope and belief in itself. It was an America that was beginning to confront its darker shadows, could acknowledge the injustice and its past and presence, yet at the same time could celebrate its successes. In other words, no, America is not perfect. It never has been, but it has been working toward perfection and bettering itself from the outset of the Republic. And we celebrated that success in the form of our economic might, our military might, our military successes, and most notably our successes within the country along the lines of civil rights. He said, it was a nation of broad prosperity, the world's most vibrant middle class, and idealistic belief, though not consistently applied in freedom, justice, and democracy. Was a nation that led the world in innovation, productivity, and technology, and it was the healthiest country in the world. I've talked to many Trump supporters, I've talked with his inner circle, I've talked to the man himself. This is the America they want to restore. And I think my Trump friends out in the audience always believe that way. They never thought Magan then going back to Jim crow era or oppression of women or anything else along those lines. That's the spin that Democrats get away with because they literally own the media. And I've got a lot on suppression and media control, multiple argues from both sides of the globe, and it is frightening the direction we are going in. They do not want you to have a free and open debate online or anywhere else for that matter. They do not want you to run for office because well, you're not them. Well they are going to take you to court and stop that from happening. They're going to stop your project from moving forward with Lawfair. They're going to stop Donald Trump from moving forward with a campaign through Lawfair. They're going to go after him with every single tool in the arsenal of toolbox, including making up crimes and then applying them to Donald Trump where those crimes didn't even exist, so they could hang the tag fellon on him, even though I think by all predictions legal scholars across the whole wide spectrum have suggested those things are going to get thrown out on appeal. That appeal couldn't come soon enough given the current circumstances. As we run headlong into November, and here we are at what is a day thirty five without anything from Kamala Harris. They're trying to hide, of all folks, and so far they're getting away with it. Maybe RFK Junior's infusion of optimism, Maybe his revelations to the general public because people might listen to him when they wouldn't listen necessarily to Harris or Trump on the subject. Maybe him pointing out the lawfare that's been waged against him merely because he wanted a shot at running for president. That's the sin he ran for president. I remember initially as a Democrat, Donna, if you don't mind hanging on, just looked up at it is five point sixteen, and I want to take quick break care and strongly encourage you to get in touch with Fast and Pro Roofing. My dear friends at Fast and Pro wonderful folks. That customer service couldn't possibly be better, the roofing work could not possibly be better. And of course it springs from honesty, which there's a lot of rip off artists in the roofing industries. I've pointed out year every year, every year that has not changed, and I bet it's probably even gotten worse. People are tight with their money these days. Little was kind of playing close to the vest, waiting to find out how things happen politically and otherwise. You can trust Fast and Pro. It's a free quote, free roof inspection, and that roof inspection could bring about some peace of mind because if one of those Fast and Pro roofers is inspecting your roof and you get the good news, Hey there's nothing going on up there right now, Hey, that's wonderful. Isn't it to loss to tell you how much roof life your roof has left so you can prepare for the inevitable, And that's roof replacement. I've been through the roof replacement thing. Terrible hail damage had to have a torn off and replaced, got the gutters replaced by Fast and Pro at the same time. I went and I had I bought up to the fifty years Certainty Landmark Pro Single. But you'll get that automatically. It's a free upgrade. So fifty years shingle. Maybe you got a metal roof. They do that too, whether it's residential or commercial. Literally everything gutters, gutter guards, box gutters, custom metalwork, on and on and on. Locally owned and operated A plus with a better business beer since nineteen ninety nine. Fast and Fast n fastenproroofing dot com. Please tell them, Brian said, Hi again, call for the free quote and inspection five one three seven seven four ninety four ninety five seven seven four ninety four ninety.
Speaker 4: Five fifty five KRC the toxic and now he's a fifty five KCD talk station Monday Liking or Not five one thirty seven fifty eight hundred eight two three talk Don.
Speaker 1: I thank you so much for calling this morning and hanging out, hanging out over the break, Welcome to the program.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 6: I have just been trying to find out if there's any truth to the fact that Donald Trump called the fallen back. I think he listened twenty twenty maybe that the Fallen were suckers and losers.
Speaker 1: Now, I think all the all those have been debunked repeatedly, over and over again. They're always lacking context. It's like, you know, there were some good people, or there are good people in that crowd that was the anti favers is the Klan, And you know you can if you look at it contextually. He pointed out that, And I've made the analogy like if you look at a stadium full of people, eighty thousand people, there are some good people in there. There's also probably some terrorists and races, some jerks, some anti file folks, whatever, But you know there were people there just watching and observing the outrage and expressing their own opinions on what was going on. That's what he was referring to. And yet it became this Donald Trump supports the clan. There are good people there, Those are good people. So you have to look at the context and the whole quote. There are a lot of witnesses to these statements, and they refute the narrative given to you by the Democrats, the spin and it's another sad reflection of the media bias because anybody who knows the context of those statements when any given politician repeats them and says, Donald Trump said this, that interviewer, that reporter, that person can stop and say no, no, no, you didn't put it in context. What he really said was and fill in the different blanks and provide the statement's context, which shoots down the narrative. They don't do that. I mean, you know, we're living this reality every single day. So now i'd say no collectively across the board. If you hear it repeated, it's like misogynist, racist, et cetera, et cetera. It's just some simple, boiled down meme like points they like to make about Trump to keep the outrage against Trump alive. And well, so I'm going with a heartbelt on that one, very be very skeptical. Yeah, you know what you can do here, here's what I recommend. You know, Trump said suckers and losers. Now, if you can go out on the internet and type in Trump suckers and losers, what you're gonna get is a whole bunch of CNN MSNBC articles where it says Donald Trump or some politician repeated the line that Donald Trump said suckers and losers. But ultimately you get back to the original quote and the context in which it was made and the other people who witnessed it and heard it and provide that context, and you realized, Hm, maybe they have overstated their case on that one. So and you know, I think actionally speak louder than words, whatever he said, contextually or otherwise. I think you can look at his record, which was very strong on national defense, was very supportive of the American military. We have the walk the walk and there to talk the talk part. People like at campaign promises, We'll say things and then don't follow through with them or take a different direction. At least if you reflect back on Donald Trump's four years in office, he's demonstrably pro military, he was seeking additional funding, and I think he had a firm grasp on foreign policy. Give him strong credit for what he was able to accomplish in the Middle East, unlike whatever it is we're seeing unfold right now, which looks like World War three. So you know, just always step back and remember somebody's got invested interest in making Donald Trump look like an absolute evil person who really would embrace a statement like our military folks, our suckers and losers. I think reality demonstrates something far, far different than that. I do appreciate your call, Donna. I hope you have a wonderful week. Thanks for tuning into the program. Five one, three, seven, four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred eighty two three talk foreign exchange. Gott him make an appointment of for inn exchange for mo Honda on it needs in all change and the check engine light is on, which means something's going on there. Have to put that on the system. And while they're changing the oil, they do it a you know, kind of a once over kind of deal. I aways asking to do that. Hey, give it a good run through, check it out, make sure there's nothing else wrong, because I'd rather find out ahead of time that I'm going to need new breaks in the next month or two or whatever. That's foreign exchange. They take great, great care of you, and the reason you would take it to foreign exchange and not the dealer for you out of warranty, folks, and sometimes under warranty you're going to save a lot of money going to under warranty. Again, my illustration with my oil change saving more than two hundred dollars every oil change. Yeah, it's crazy, but that's the crazy kind of savings you get at for in exchange, same oil, save filter. Why do I pay two hundred dollars more of the dealer? I don't know. Foreign exchange doesn't either. You know, this is the law of markets, right, markets, you provide a great opportunity to have something done for you at less money than the other guys. All things are equal. Because you get an a SE certified Master technician working on your car. They have data access to all the manufacturers technical information. They service all traditional European or Asian imports. They do a great job too, and you save money. So full warranty on parts and service. There is nothing to worry about. So look at your bottom line and embrace that concept. Foreign Exchange located right off Tylersville Road seventy five Tylersville Exit East, just two short streets. Hangaright, you're on Kingland Drive and that's where you're gonna run right into Foreign Exchange. Telling Brian said, how when you stop, then when you call for the appointment five one three six four four twenty six twenty six five one three six four four twenty six twenty six find them online at Foreign actxfor in theletterax dot com.
Speaker 7: This is fifty five KRC an iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's your weather forecast. Joy, you just run that meet in one of me just reading the weather five one, three, seven, four, nine, fifty five hundred eighty two threes. O go with pound five fifty on an AT and T phone. In the meantime, have some callers. We're gonna go with some local stories. See we've got a firefare now facing multiple charges accused of harassing and stalking a woman, Devin Court to the court records of firefighter and paramedic with the Madera in Indian Hill Joint Fire District, arrested last Thursday by to ear Park Police. They believe the twenty seven year old twenty seven year old Rather went into the victim's home without permission on July thirteenth, went into her bedroom where she was with someone else. According to the documents, More repeatedly sent the victim threatening text messages and tried to reach her through email, group chats, and social media, even after she asked them to stop. In August Amen Joe Amen, police said Moore also took photos of the victim during a sexual encounter without her knowing, and then sent photos to the photos to her do what the hell? Victim now apparently too scared to stay in her own home, according to police, more facing charges of menacing by stalking, voyeurism, telecommunications harassment, and dissemination of an image of another person. Fire Chief says Moore is currently on administrative believe thank you Fox nineteen or rather enquire reporting on that with Fox nineteen's assistants Jesu Louise, get over it. You know you walk into somebody's house. We have the Castle doctor in here in Ohio. Let me remind folks of that if someone breaks into your home, you are allowed to shoot them. There is a presumption that they are there to do you grievous bodily injury or otherwise put you out of your life. Got so many idiots out there. Sorry, The local news does provide me with an opportunity for commentary. Since an police apartment hosted a cookout Sunday for survivors who have lost friends and family to violence, Fox nineteenth Jessica Smidt was there, said that since Aint Police and Hamilton County prosecut and Melissa Powers announce that they are teaming up to create a task force to work on cold cases. One woman, Tracy Morris, lost her son Antoine Morris back in November of twenty one when she said he was shot and killed while working as a handyman. She and know the survivors who have lost loved ones from crime, and since we're there for the cookout more so, you know, there's a lot of us who lost loved ones and some of us are fortunate enough to have a person apprehended, and there's the ones that are here that still don't have any closure, have no one to be accountable for these crimes that have been committed against their families. CPD Victims Assistant Liaison Unit spokespirsu in Carol Ramsey said that the candidates are for the judge and Prosecutor's office. We're also there to speak to the survivors, saying it's important for these families, families with solve cases and unsolved cases, that they're informed on who's running for what and how that will impact the life of their loved ones. CPD is signing two detectives to work on cold case homicides and powers is having four of the retired homicide Invector's investigators work with the Cincinni Police Department. Monica Betton with the CPD, so it's important people contact them if they have any information. There are services to help protect witnesses, So to report information about homicides, please call crime Stoppers three five to two thirty forty. You'll remain anonymous and your tip might help solve one of these cold cases and provide some closure for those poor families. You know, pause and reflect when you have a criminal situation like compared to Chicago, where dozens of people are shot many killed every single weekend, the amount of resources needed to go gather evidence and interview people in order to get a case built up to put one of those people behind bars. That work is unbelievably onerous and time consuming. That's how cases end up turning cold. That with people not helping out. You got info, please help the police, help us and the community. Union Township police. So they're investigating a body that was found Sunday in Amelia near the Tom Youm restaurant. Officers said they were called the eleven hundred block of Ohilepike. Ten Am found a male body lining in a ditch. Officers said they hadn't determined how the person died as the Fox nineteen's last reporting. After further investigation, Union Township Police sent a release yesterday saying that the man died of a self inflicted gunshot wound. Five thirty five Right now fifty five KRCV talkstation stackers stupid, rather substantial. Stack is stupid this morning. Certainly not going to get all through it and get through less of it if you call, but I'd rather talk to you, so feel free to do that. And also get in touch with Zimmer. Zimmer Heating and air Conditioning more than seventy five years, family owner operated, third generation. They're helping you out. They will absolutely, they have a leader in twenty four hour day, seven day a week emergency HVAC service. You need to get in touch with them. Get your air conditioner gone, belly up maybe again. You're like, oh my god, this is like the third time we've had have it repaired. It is gone, and an expert from Zimmer can tell you if there's really any life left then and whether it's worth fixing, and assuming it can't be fixed, and Zimmer will do a great job if it needs to be fixed. Get a new one. It's the perfect time to get a new AC unit. Twenty one hundred dollars cool carrier comfort rebate coming your way when you work through Zimmer. Zimmer's offering that cool carrier comfort rebate. That's the substantial savings of my world. Why would you spend twenty one dollars more on that carrier unit you want and you do want it. They're the inventors of air conditioning, and you can trust the experts at Zimmer for awesome service at the right price again twenty four to seven. For all your HVAC needs, simply go to the website. It's so easy to sign up for an appointment. Go Zimmer dot com. That's go Zimmer dot com.
Speaker 7: This is fifty five KRC and iHeartRadio station kickoff is almost hot.
Speaker 1: Ninety four with sunny skies today over ninety seventy one with some clowns tomorrow mostly sunny, ninety eight of the heat index to one oh one, overy nine down to seventy to the slight chance arrange another hot day on Wednesday, ninety nine real degrees they say will be our high and a slight chance of storms, suggesting to me humidity any seventy degrees right now. If you've got KRCD talk station time for first traffic.
Speaker 8: From the ucup Train Fake Center.
Speaker 9: Right at the UC Gardener and Uroscience Institute, you can access the leaning brain, spine and nerve experts right here in Cincinnati. Highway Traffic's not bad at all to start off your work week. No accidents to deal with, not even an overnight work crew going to add any extra time inbound seventy four less than five minutes coming down the hill from North Bend to the seventy five ramp.
Speaker 8: Chuck Ingram on fifty five KR. See the talk station.
Speaker 1: Twive forty on a Monday, no money, my I did day. We're talking about the d in fireworks with John Barrett from Western and Southern. That'll be at the eight o'clock art. We still get here from Smithman at seven thirty. And yes, of course I do have a stack of stupid in front of me. Alternatively, feel free to call if I've went thirty seven, four, nine fifty five, eight hundred eighty two to three talk. I tell it's like multiple awards we can give out in this morning stack of stupid, Joe, So you decide we have a chief anesthesiologist for a New York hospital, chose to drug and abuse his family's nanny as what he described I guess as the easiest target.
Speaker 10: What happens?
Speaker 1: This plan fell apart when the suspicious woman installed a surveillance camera and caught him in the act, according to authorities. Let a report from The Journal News, Prosecutors in Puttnham County credited the twenty five year old woman for her bravery and willingness to testify against Paul Gea Colpelli, sixty years old, who pleaded guilty to sexual abuse in the first degree and assault in the second degree. Defendant used to serve as a chief antasthesiologist Putnham County Hospital. Authority said he drugged and abused the woman as she was sleeping on the count of his home. Suspecting that she was being abused in any installed that surveillance camera behind a dehumidifier of a turtle tank in the living room. Diamond said Geocappelli abused her four times. Sarah's investigator, Keith Simone, testified in front of the grand jury that Geocappelli told him about having a chloroform fetish his words. Defendant said he considered the name of the no flag for US no kidding. He considered an Any the easiest target because she was a heavy sleeper. That's according to his own testimony, seen fondling her in multiple incidents in which he put a rag infused with the anesthetic Silverefloraine over her mouth and nose until she fell unconscious. Not only did he confess to bringing drugs from the hospital to his home, search warrant turned up fentanyl and other substances, accord to online state records, New York to part of Health precluded him from practicing medicine in the state until he either either the final resolution of the matters under the investigation, or such time as this order is modified or rescinded. Woman also reportedly sued Geocippelli, north Well Health Incorporated, Putnam County Hospital and Montefior Nayak Hospital. Hospitals argue that this guy did not act in the context of his work. Sentencing November twelve, as part of the plea, he is expected to be sentenced to f or to four years in prison with post release supervision of up to ten years, and he also must register as a sex offender four well if it was Hamilton County. He wo let him off on time. Serve Joe, we all know that it's stories about that coming up in the local news as well. Ah, let us see here. Go to Tampa, Florida, and why not. Two women end up in a fight with each other during an attempted dog adoption. Happened Saturday in Tampa. According to police, officer shouted up at nineteen Hudred Block a Meadowbrook around twelve pm. During the altercation, authority say one of the women pulled out a gun. Officer took reports from the women involved in the fight INFRA witnesses. Both women told police conflicting stories, of course, about what led to the fight. Police say the gun used during the incident was seized as evidence. Tampa Police Department of State Attorney Office are both investigating the incident. Determined the most appropriate car charges. That investigation ongoing. See A gun should never be necessary in a dog adoption. I know I'm stating the obvious, Thank you, Joe. Let us see here California, where authorities claim a woman tried to kidnap an eight year old while professing to be Russian police. She had then pulled out a switch plade on a man who saved the child. Courtney Pironi thirty nine charge of attempted kidnapping of a victim under fourteen years old, falst imprisonment by violence, and assault with a deadly weapon. Lord almighty if you could see this woman's mugshot frightening court at Santa Monica Police, Los Angeles Prosecutors. The eight year old victim was in an alley helping an adult neighbor put his dogs into his vehicle. CoP's throat, the suspect approached, saying that she was Russian police and that she was taking the child. Bernie Nelton put her arms around the child. In a tug of war between the neighbor and Peroni, it ensued. The neighbor put the child in the front seat of the vehicle and told Pirni to leave. She ignored him an attempt to open the door of the car. When the neighbor confronted her again, she produced a switchblade knife lugedly fled on foot to the parking a lot of aglease in Supermarket, where she had parked a white BMW's she had been living in. She was arrested, held on a one hundred and thirty five thousand dollars bond translated to four hundred dollars here in Hamilton County. Perni facing the maximum six and a half years in prison. She pleaded not guilty at the arrangement. Her defense voiced doubt about her competency. Police said she has a criminal history shocking no One, including a warrant for forgery and intimidation stalking on probation for a twenty twenty four conviction in Nevada for assault with a deadly weapon. Also arrests out of state for assault and battery, resisting arrass, possession of a controlled substance, and trespassing as a tradition five forty five. I was waiting which SoundBite you were picking Joe five Cary Cindy talk station. Kitchen remodeling the one person you need to talk to you if you want to have your kitchen roommodel. John Ryan of Prestige Interiors. You can find John online at his company's website pressedge one two three dot com. Truly your partner in the kitchen remodeling project. Let's face it, kitchen, I know it is in our family, the heart of the home. Spent a whole lot of time there, like Over the weekend we spent hours in the kitchen doing more canning and food prep, made kibby, got my mom some dinner for yesterday. All worked out grade. I love our kitchen thanks to John Ryan. He did a beautiful job remodeling it. We got to the whole thing started from scratch. You don't have to go that project size. You can just replace cabinets and countertops or two minor upgrades. John has got wonderful ideas more than thirty plus years doing almost exclusively kitchens, your true partner from initial design to final installation. Let me tell you you were going to love some of the ideas he has for your kitchen. So while he's with you every step of the way, you only have to call him if you want anything done. Georders literally anything, you just call John and he makes it happen. That was my experience and that'll be yours as well. A plus of the Better Business Bureau National Kitchen Bath Association membership of course, Prestige one two three dot com. When you call him, telling Brian said hi please five one three two four seven zero two two nine five one three two four seven zero two two nine.
Speaker 10: Fifty five KRC and now another insurance on.
Speaker 1: Five on three seven four nine fifty five hundred eight hundred eight two three talk before we die back into the stack of stupid. Let's see what Hanks, Scott Hanks, thanks for calling this morning. Welcome to the show.
Speaker 11: Thanks Brian. Uh A lot of the shows you do in the morning kind of seem to intertwine with what I'm going to talk about, UH, mostly bed upbringing in mental illness, and what I'm talking about. What I'm talking about is along several months back, my wife and I were had a little conversation. I'd been watching the morning news and there was something on there about some clown driving by and shooting at a party and killing a kid or something every day. Yeah, well actually it was here in Cincinnati. And I turned to my wife and I said, what the hell is wrong with people? And she thought a second, and she said, the government's doing a lousy job or raising their kids.
Speaker 1: So that's that's part of it.
Speaker 11: But the mental illness part of it comes in where you look at places like New York, Chicago, La, San Francisco, heck, California in general, all these places that have been run by Democrats for years and they're they're basically turning into lunatic asylums and gladiator academies. And I keep wondering, what kind of idiot, what kind of mentally ill person can ignore the fact that basically the way Democrats do things, they could screw up an anvil with a rubber mallet with one hundred people watching in the news media would still report it was the Republican's fault.
Speaker 1: How about this. Maybe it's because our children and young people generally speaking, having been victims of government education, lack critical thinking skills. Can't read, as demonstrated by the underwhelming school scores from public schools, you know, single digit mathematic performance. If you can't think critically, you can't look at your situation and step back from it and do an analysis of how it ended up that your state, your city was a demilitarized zone. It was filled with crime and lawlessness, and people who would go around and for whatever reason, randomly dry by and just wantonly shoot into a crowd of people that have no connection with them or their lives. So idiots doing idiot things because they're idiots, And the reason they're idiots is because they aren't properly educated and more fundamentally. You know, when you put your kid in school and have the school educate them, including now you know pre K education, that's like sending your problems to Washington, d C. For a one size fits all solution. The true fixed to problems is on a local level. You know, Fred wants his street fixed. You know where Fred would get his street fixed from City of Cincinnati, because they're responsible for maintenance and upkeep of a city, not from a grant from the federal government, which would go through multiple channels and end up perhaps being allocated to the city generally speaking, leaving it up to city authorities again to have the decision making over which road gets fixed or which doesn't. You know, you have responsibility your children. You want to educate them correctly. You want to teach them critical thinking skills. It is within your power and ability as a parent locally, that's as local as it gets inside the four walls of your home. You can send them off to school. You have to send them with the right skill set so they can critically analyze what they're being taught in school. Ah, I appreciate the call, my friend. Yeah, it's a pretty funny comment you made, but sadly it springs from societal decay. Yep, let's see here. But I'm bump, bump. They've got time for another one, Joe, I think looks like I do. All right, I can't believe I'm even reading this, going back to this titled decay. All right, Joe, here, we have an award we have to give out. An Iowa man arrested last month for his role in a group that created and shared. So there's more than one idiot and sick pervert involved in this created and shared so called animal Crush videos in which monkeys were brutally tortured, sexually abused, and killed in sadistic ways, according to prosecutors in a statement on Friday, Philip Colt Moss, forty one, arrested August eighth, charge in US District Court here in Cincinnati with conspiracy to create and distribute the videos, with the disturbing videos themselves. Also named in the indictment against him on Nicholas Dryden of Ohio and gian Carlo Morelli of New Jersey. We're also charged in Gum with the same counts. Dryden, who prosecutor said it paid a minor in Indonesia to film the videos. Charged with creation of animal crush videos, as well as with production, distribution and receipt of a visual depiction of these sexual abuse of children because the minor was paid to abuse the monkeys. Moss and Morelli were two of the mister Dryden's customers, according to prosecutor, between February and April of last year, Moss sent Dryden fourteen hundred and forty seven dollars for the videos, discussed them, and mentioned plans to take a trip to Indonesia with mister Dryden to make crush videos. Lawyer for the three men did immediately respond requests for common probably because he has no defensible way or no way to defend these guys. Moss and Dryden appeared to become friends court to the charging documents, mister Dryden even offering to give Moss free videos. In one text, if you're low on bred, brother, I'll throw you a couple for free. According to the reports, Moss called Dryden a good friend, responded that he appreciated the offer, insisting on paying them because quote you work hard to make that all happen close quote. If convicted on all accounts, Moss could face a maximum sentence of twelve years in prison, which doesn't see em sufficient this election.
Speaker 12: I could do this job mistakes if this race couldn't be hired.
Speaker 13: This story the president has to have. Community is changing by the minute. What came out today fifty five krs the talk station so Ye fifty five GARCD talk station.
Speaker 1: Brian Thomas here wishing a very happy Monday, trying to make it so anyway. Trust me, I struggle with Mondays as much as anybody else. I never struggle with having Christopher Smithment on the program, former Vice mayor of the City of Cincinnati. First guest this morning beyond at seven thirty, and we're gonna hear from John Barrett from Western and Southern about the fireworks taking place this coming Sunday. I hope you have Monday off like Joe Strecker and I do. Joe. Who's filling in on Monday?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Gary, Jeff Walker, Good Gary, Jeff, you're out there. Thanks man. I appreciate when you cover for me. I also appreciate when folks call in. If you like to call in, feel free to do so. Five one three, seven four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred eight two three Talk found five fifty on at and T phone. I don't know to where. I struggle with which to address first, because I wanted to talk about this, this crackdown on your and my ability to communicate.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: Fortunately, here in the Morning show, I'm not told what to say or how to say it. I formulate my own opinions that I offer them here, and I've always suggested that they my personal corporate lords and masters tell me what I can and cannot say. That'll be the last day, will beyond radio, because I can't abide that. I believe in free speech. I believe in the free change exchange of ideas. I believe that it is through that that we become better, smarter people. If you're willing to sit down and have an engaged discussion without calling each other names, without suppressing any given message, that the better message ultimately floats to the top. I can engage in a conversation on racism, and I think ultimately the bottom line is if you're a racist, work, through conversation and communication going to determine that, and we will talk about all the ways why that is a terrible thing and why it is not good for society collectively. If you're going to hate a person simply based on the race, then you've got an indefensible problem on your hands. But if you're going to determine that some any given individual is hard canful to society, perhaps based upon their political ideology, like for example, you don't embrace anarchy, you don't embrace socialism or communism, or maybe you're an anti capitalist. We could talk about economic philosophy and hopefully come up with a better way, but you are entitled to have a sort of look down your negative impression of someone based upon something like that, a thought or opinion which can be changed through the exercise in exchange of free ideas. And we don't have that anymore, and it's eroding rapidly. And I like this op ed piece by Vince Kanyer. It was an American thinker, and I just will cut to the chase and I can ignore the background. He provides he grew up in Britain, or actually he talks about his growing up and his observations about Britain its development over a thousand years. You know what it brought us, the Magna carta, the interesting cultural reality of what they are as people generally speaking. But basically how that has quickly erode is a consequence of unchecked, unfettered regu and then we get to censorship, so let us start there. This is the genesis today's dystopia began almost three decades ago, when immigration took off in the late nineteen nineties and early two thousands. Remember this is talking about Britain, but many parallels can be drawn, folks. They're just basically two baby steps ahead of us in the outcome of the aftermath of unchecked, unregulated immigration. So the number of EU immigrants averaged over non EU immigrants, I should say non EU immigrants averaged over two hundred thousand a year per decade or for a decade, and then skyrocketed after twenty twenty. A nation of fifty five million is in two thousand is over sixty five million today, with almost all of that growth coming from immigration, a majority from non EU nations, particularly for the Middle East and Africa, countries that don't share British culture or importantly religion. It's also likely that many of the ostensibly EU immigrants are rich in non EU countries, so they don't even have a foundation or connection with the European Union. He says, as a consequence, London came to London. London alone, home to twenty percent of England's population, has gone from approximately eighty percent Native British White Native British in ninety one to thirty six percent in twenty twenty one. He points out native populations surely shunk more since twenty twenty one. The result of this transformation of Britain from a largely British nation to something else has been monstrous. Possibly the single most despicable example is the twenty plus year Rotherdam child rape scandal that saw hundreds of Pakistani Muslims rape over one thousand British girls right under the nose as a police who did nothing for fear of being called racist. As if that wasn't bad enough. Of those who dared report on the various trials, he cites multitude of examples. He has links to the the prior reporting on it found themselves jailed before doing so. Here's where censorship kicks in. At the same time, London has become a killing ground for knife attacks, the overwhelming number being committed by all minorities that have entered into the country since in this past decade, country has become beset with machete attacks. The crime was historically unheard of in Britain, which is in common with the Third World. In July, the seventeen year old son of a Rwandan immigrants son of Rwandan immigrants knifed ten little girls, killing three of them, with the government with holding information on the killer. Online post claim he was an immigrant, not true son of immigrants, tensions rose and across the US, Britz protested the unfettered invasion of immigrants, the violence being perpetrated by immigrants and Muslims, and the systems seeming duplicitous two tiered approach to justice when it came to immigrants and Muslims versus white Brits, all of whom the government and state run media invariably characterized as far right. These protests drew the new Labor government's ire and it launched a wave of arrest and a propaganda campaign against the far right anti immigration racists. If we're sentenced to prison for channing who the f is Allah? Although they were neither violent nor making threats, shouting You're not English anymore at the police or selling stickers that say it's okay to be white, resulted in threats of arrest or actual arrest, seeking to curtail what it claims is misinformation and incitement. The government warned the British citizen quote, you may be committing a crime if you repost, repeat, or amplify a message which is false, threatening, or stirs up rachel slash religious hatred. They also warned potential anti immigration protesters, we're watching you. So basically, the government decides what's false, what's threatening, and what is hate speech, and if you post anything about it online you'd end up in jail, or at least you could. And if threatening BRIT's freedom of speech wasn't enough, the government threatened online platforms Elon Musk for example. They want to arrest him, by the way, if they allowed what the government determined was prohibited speech. Nor did the government stop there, promised to extradite citizens from other countries, including the United States, if they engage in such prohibited online speech, even if not in Britain at the time. And because there's not enough room in British jails to hold all these anti immigration racists, the government plans to release five thousand criminals from jail to make room for those who are guilty of what the author describes as wrong think going back to his or well, the Tories are responsible for the unfettered immigration over the last one and a half decades. July's election, which put labor in power, represented a leap in transforming Britain into a tyranny. A free Britain which took over one thousand years to evolve, essentially became a Stalinist police state in less than two months. While Britain is not the United States, he observes our shared history, language, and similar culture and political trajectory over the last twenty years suggests that what is happening there could easily happen here. Contrast the kid glove treatment given the twenty twenty one bom antiphile rioters with the draconian treatment of the j sixers recalled Democrats' ill fated disinformation government's Governance Board which freaked everybody out. And look at what's been done to Donald Trump, and you see the writing on the wall as we head down the dark authoritarian path like Turkey and Venezuela before at Britain demonstrates that a single election can make the difference between freedom and tyranny. As we approach November fifth, we might just want to take note, Yeah, and look, Pentagon officials are warning about Elon Musk potentially being arrested. Yeah, they're talking about arresting Elon Musk. They just recently arrested the French guy, pavlol Durov, Russian born billionaire. He's the one that founded Telegram messaging app, and he's been arrested for all kinds of crimes for merely having a platform that allows people open and encrypted communication so they can communicate with each other without sort of being bothered by anyone telling them what they can and cannot say. It's a rather free thinking type of platform. Yes, there are terrible messages being exchanged on there, but merely providing the vehicle through which messaging is well performed. If you got in a telephone and exchange messages along the lines of what he's being prosecuted for, well he wouldn't be prosecuted, would he, because you're using a different platform. But because he founded this platform, he is now under and they want to do that too Elon Musk as well. Douglas McKinnon, who is the former White House and Pentagon official, had this to say, as someone who pays close attention to the politics in the media, in the United Kingdom. In Europe, I began to notice a shocking narrative emanating from a growing number on the left there calling for the arrest of Elon Musk as well as the cancelation of X, the social media site he ends. Surely, I thought these people can't be serious, but they were and are deadly serious. For them, Musk and actually become public enemy number one. They want to censor the free speech that is allowed on X, mostly noting Russia's war in Ukraine and some of the comments, as well as the ongoing Israeli war on the Iranian back terrorist groups of Austin AZBWA E European Union's Theory Breton, a French businessman who's the European Commissioner for Internal Market, actually sent a letter to Musk warning him against spreading so called dis information, at least as they see it, before an interview with the Republican President Donald Trump, which must announce as an anti Trump election interference attempt. He's going to interview Trump, They threaten him ahead of time for spreading disinformation before Trump even utters a syllable. Now, as reporters, you're supposed to take these syllables uttered and if you say it's if you believe it to be disinformation, explain through reporting why what Donald Trump said is a lie or disinformation or misinformation. You don't censor it ahead of time. At least that's been the tradition here in America anyway. So they want to arrest Trump or they want to arrest Musk. McKennon wrote, why have so many in the left and then this media seemingly fallen in love with centering free speech or canceling those who whole different opinions from themselves. I am old enough to remember when democrats, liberals in the media were all about free and protected speech. Yep, it's an obvious point. It's become a chilling and dangerous trend. That's the point. You get chilled because you see reports of people being arrested for simply saying, well meme phrases, and it causes you to pause. Do I dare post what I'm gonna post it's about a matter of political I may be censored, they may be yanking my account. Hell, Facebook got caught for censoring Hillsdale College the other day they launched a new course on Marxism, socialism, and communism, put a post up on Facebook over that Facebook pulled it, and of course they had to put it back up because they had absolutely no basis whatsoever to pull that post in the first instance. Six eighteen fifty five ker See talk station CJ. Thank you for calling. I will get your calling a minute here out of time, of course, and I want to recommend plumb type plumbing. Strongly recommend plumb Type. They're coming to my home today. Yeah. Of course if I have a plumbing problem, I'll call them plumb Tight. You know, it's so easy to do it. I went to the website. This was yesterday, and it's a non emergency situation. I've gotta leak them a backflow valve which runs my irrigation system. So I left a message on the email, or rather the the click the link on the website. You know, it's plump tight dot com. You can schedule appointment right there. Filled it out, and I had a phone call back from plumb Tight within five minutes. I said, it's not an emergency, I just want to schedule the appointment, and so that's what we did. They're coming over today at noon to fix my problem. Exceptional customer service. I know, I'm getting that. I got the window of opportunity and I was told specifically, and they'll always do this for you. You get a phone call ahead of time and they'll let you know when they're on your way. So no guests work on that. Small problems like mine. That one is a small problem. Big problems whenever that happens to be. But whether you got leaky pipes or leaky faucet, need to toilet, reseeded, drain cleaning solutions, water pressure problems, it's always plumbing done right and they live by that. On the enjoying a plus with a Better Business Bureau Northern Kentucky all the way up to dating and everything in between. Their missions to provide you with a truly exceptional plumbing experience and they will no service charge either. Five one three seven two seven Tight t Te five one three seven, two seven eighty four eighty three again online plumb tight dot com.
Speaker 10: Fifty five KRC. Get ready to win your way.
Speaker 1: Hot hot, hot pod. That's the forecast in a three word nutshell Sunday Today ninety four over nine seventy one with some clowns ninety eight with a heat index of one oh one Tomorrow mostly sunny, partly cloud every night with a slight chance of raining storms, dropping a seventy in a sunny, hot day with a slight chance of storms on Wednesday, going up to ninety nine seventy Now time for traffic.
Speaker 9: From the UC Health Tramphing Center at the UC Gardner Neuroscience Institute. You can access the leading brain, spine and nerve experts right here in Cincinnati.
Speaker 8: Highways are doing just fine for your Monday morning commute. No REX to deal with.
Speaker 9: I'm not seeing any major problems on two seventy five across the top westbound must less than ten minutes between Milford and Montgomery northbound fourth seventy one wide open pants Grand John King Bramant five KRZ the talk station.
Speaker 1: Six twenty three big about kr City talk station work at the CJ even RFK Junior was talking about simborship over the weekend mentioned a couple of these points. In the last hour, I said, it became thir to me that I did not have a path to victory. Sixteen months of censorship, of not being able to get on any network except for Fox brought out when Rossboro ran the ten months that he ran, he had thirty four appearances on networks. I had two appearances in sixteen months. So I was blocked out of the networks, and I was blocked out of the debate. I had no path to victory censorship. Let's se what CJ's got. CJ, thanks for calling and holding there. Welcome to the fifty five Carrecy Morning Show. Good morning. I hope you had a good weekend.
Speaker 14: I was actually calling as you were talking about that, because I was reading about the arrest yesterday of the French he's a French citizen now, but of the founder of telegram. Yeah, And all I could think of is that Voltager and somewhere in France is turning over in his grave as he and ready to jump out of his grave. The really the true founder of the concept of free speeches. He gives his famous line of I may hate what you say, but I will die for you to say it. And the reality is is that we have gone so many years now where we have ring doorbells, watching people in their house or outside their house, cell phone spying on you constantly and sending you ads that people are just numb to the fact that free speech is not just a matter of freedom, but it's a matter of privacy as well, and they're willing to in order to gain privacy back, throw away the most important aspect of life, when in reality, you don't have to buy a ring, doorbell or have a cell phone that's by on you, but you do need to have the First Amendment in order to protect your freedoms.
Speaker 1: You didn't call looking for an argument for me, my friend. You're right, it's crazy, isn't it? AND's scary as well, and ultimately the chilling effect cannot be overlooked. If you here read about Pavel Pavel Dura of the founder of Telegram, which apparently has what nine hundred million members or something crazy and yeah, nine hundred million active users. Obviously, he provides a vehicle through which people can communicate. He put, he provides a vehicle through which folks can discuss anything they want encrypted plate a person to person. You know, here in the United States you need a Fourth Amendment search warrant to listen in on the conversations you have with any given individual. All on course, unless that is an individual from a foreign country, then they get caught up in the NSA spy ring. But you know, I can call my next door neighbor and have a conversation literally say anything in I want at all. I can talk about the concept of terror, we could talk about narcotics. We could actually engage in conversations regarding criminal conduct. And if the government becomes aware of the probable cause the criminal activity is being discussed or is being engaged in, or where people are working in concert in furtherance of criminal acts, and go to court, present the court with evidence that they have legally obtained and get a warrant and then listen in on conversations. But prior to that they can't. Now if you move over to this platform at least the court of the European Union and movie in that direction. Here in the United States, if you discuss these matters via the Internet, then they obviously are real time monitoring. I guess everything that you do or say, and we'll sloop down in on and arrest the person who provided the vehicle. It's like providing telephone lines. They provided the telephone lines, where they did nothing in terms of controlling what you say and can't say on their platform. That becomes an arrestable offense. And of course Pavel Durov, multi billionaire and creative of a vas vehicle that apparently a lot of people globally used nine hundred million, is now behind bars six twenty seven fifty five care se detalk station. So is that Low's cam? She is the one to call. She that's the one I referred my daughter to in terms of getting a mortgage. My daughter was struggling with the bank. It was taking them a long time. And I know that ultimately they would have gotten financing, but why is it taking so long? They're leading us in limbo and we got a house we want to buy. You know, housing gets bought up quickly, people move on. It's all to somebody else if you're struggling with getting financing. And I said, honey, he just gives uet Low's camp at Cross Country Mortgage a call. She will definitely help you out in Boom. Within a couple of days that she and Eric had financing. They're now living their lives. Thank you, Suzette for taking great care of my daughter. She'll take great care of you thirty five years more. Actually in the mortgage business, being with Cross Country Mortgage, she can help you regardless of which state you in or Puerto Rico. My Puerto Rican listeners can call her as well. Never a junk fee, never an application fee, great rates and a low cost. So if you're buying a house for the first time, or want to refinance some equity out or ref finance to a lower rate, you know it. If it's mortgages, it's Suzette loads the camp and the absolute best customer service in the business. Her number, and you can even call her now outside of business hour. She will get She's great about getting right back with folks. Five one three three one three fifty one seventy six five one three three one three fifty one seventy six. Same thing goes with an email, She'll get right back. So's a dot Low's camp losc kamps. Is that dot Low's camp at CCM dot com.
Speaker 10: Fifty five krs and two to fifty five kr CD talk station.
Speaker 1: Hope you're having a decent Monday, feel free to call in. Otherwise, let's jump back over to local stories. That's just absolutely outrageous and disgusting on this one, and I would observe again Castle Doctor in Alive and wal in Ohio. You go into somebody's house uninvited in the middle of the night, you could be shot and the homeowner will be justified and without I pivot over to this local story where we have a firefighter facing multiple charges after he was accused of harassing and stalking a woman. That guy, Devin Moore, firefighter and paramedic with the Madera in Indian Hill Joined Fire District, arrested this past Thursday and deer Park, or by deer Park Police. Police say the twenty seven year old went into the victim's home without permission July thirteenth, went into her bedroom where she happened to be with somebody else. They say, More repeatedly sent the victim threatening text messages and tried to reach her through the email, group chats, and social media, even after she asked them to cut it out. Police say Moore also took photos of the victim during a sexual encounter without her knowing, and then sent the photos back to her. She's now apparently too scared to stay in her own home, according to police, and More facing charges of menacing by stalking, voyeurism, telecommunications, harassment, and dissemination of an image of another person. Fire chief said More currently on administratively thanks to Fox nineteen and since I inquire for providing the details on that one uh Claremont County. We have Union Township Police saying they're investigating a body. It was found Sunday in Amelia near the tom Yum restaurant. Police called her the eleven head of lock of how Pike ten Am found a male body lying in a ditch after further investigation. Again props the Fox nineteen for local news reporting and Union Township Police sen a release Sunday afternoon stating that the man died of a self inflicted gunshot. Women police are still investigating the matter. Residents described as frustrated in an apartment complex in Avondale, I would be too. They say their questions have gone unanswered and their issues on resolved. For months of residents have been dealing with an issue such as bed bugs, plumbing issues, buckled floor and more. These health and safety issues continually plaguing this apartment complex in Abonale, and they say they're hearing very little from the Cincinni Metrol Housing Authority. Stephanie Kinley, one of the people that I guess lives there. Since the November incident, we're still going through plumbing issues. She was one of ninety one residents forced to move out of hotels due to a burst in or rather into hotels due to a burst pipe underneath the apartment building on Reading Roads, since a metropolitan Metropolitan housing authority moved residents into hotels in Sharonville, where they had to stay for weeks. Since residents moved back after the burst pipe, and he says management and the lack of maintenance have only gotten worse. So there's a smell of sewage and bucking floors in one apartment. Kenley speaking with WCPO reporting on this when she said in seven p. One to three the the apartment there was a bedbug infestation. They were supposed to do something months later, though, so the problem persisted, including plumbing issues. No action had been taken to treat the bedbugs. Lack of action led her to put out her own type of exterminating powder that's in quotes. So most of our we're people of color and disabled. We need help. We need liverable, habitable, safe, habitable conditions. We deserve that. We are not asking for anything extra. Since a Health Department records show the property was on August ninth, record show inspectors found hot water supply pipe leak in the basement and because of this defective plumbing, it caused unsanitary conditions. In a world where there was justice, they would immediately go after the owners of the apartment complex and hold them accountable to do the repairs. Quite often, though, they find the ability to get in touch with and nab these folks rather elusive because they're absentee. I don't know if that's the case in this one, but the wheels of justice spend very slowly for folks living into those uninhabitable conditions. Six thirty six to fifty five KR CED talk station more on censorship and some frightening stuff. A continue a theme here in the six o'clock hour after a mention of an outstanding product in that's USA insulation. You know energy. I guess the energy prices are already up thirty percent over the year, and they're expecting them to go up that much again over the course of the next year. Now tho, tho's are expectations. But up is up, and up by any amount is more than you're paying now, and I know you're paying too much already. Price of electricity notably very expensive. That's where USA's premium phone comes in. You're under insulated mid seventies and after or no insulation mid seventies and before, you're going to benefit dramatically by the addition of the highest R value phone on the market, and that's the phone from USA. Pay for the exterior wall foaming. You'll be glad you did. They're going to give you a free attic insulation, and the government's going to give you a twelve hundred dollars energy tax credit, which is literally like taking twelve hundred dollars off the top. It's a straight twelve hundred dollars rebate. So get it done, do the right thing. You'll enjoy comfort from day one and every single month, pretty gosh darn tremendous energy savings. The product pays for itself. The inspection and the quote are free, so find out. Just call USA Insulation five one three three eight one three six two six three eight one phone learn more online at USA insulation dot net.
Speaker 7: This is fifty five KRC and iHeartRadio Station six.
Speaker 1: Forty fifty five CARCD talk station. A very happy Monday to you sattened by the surveillance state that's growing suppressing our free exchange of ideas and thoughts on in Europe. And European Union, as well as here domestically. Why is the TSA using a terror watch list a spying Americans? Asked Senator Rand Paul. He wrote to the TSA wanting to know why they appear to be using the terrorist watch list to surveil Americans based on their political opinions. Letter sent to TSA administrator David Pikowski, citing recent revelations from a former Democratic and Democratic representative, Tulsey Gabbard, as well as a woman married to a federal Air marshal whistleblower. Both have been apparently placed on something called the Quiet Sky's Program watch list and subjected to enhance surveillance. Apparently, Gabbard was added to the watch list after a Fox News interview during which she criticized the deep state. Oh my god, can't do that, while the air marshal's wife added that after attending Donald Trump's speech on January sixth, despite not moving to the Capitol Building after he spoke, Paul quote, Take together, these incidents seem to be part of a broader pattern to which TSA has repurposed Quiet skies to surveil individuals based on their political activities, even when there's no evidence of wrongdoing these incidents, and his words echo concerns highlighted in a previous report by the Department of Homeland Securities Office of Inspector General, which identified critical deficiencies in TSA's management of the Quiet Sky's program. Wolves are in charge of the Henhouse is basically how I interpret that deficiencies, including his words insufficient oversight, inadequate safeguards to protect against the misuse of passenger data. H whistleblowers have confirmed that Gabbart has been monitored by Air Marshes on at least eight flights over the past month. So there's that using the weaponizing the governments who spy on people, and again the chilling speech effect. If you get word out that you are going to use the nation's resources which are supposed to be going after bad guys and evil doers. If you utter a syllable of conservative leaning speech or otherwise critic the criticize the lettered agencies in any way, shape or form, you two will be surveiled and then pivot over to the private sector. This is mind blowing and thanks to the editorial board on this one. Over at the Wall Street Journal, SEC Chairman Gary Gensler. Apparently, the Securities and Exchange Commission find twenty six financial firms for failing to track employee what they refer to as off channel communications. SEC chairman apparently wants to surveil what Wall Street traders are doing on their personal phones. Fines total three hundred and ninety three million dollars. And that's just the latest rounds in their effort to go after what's appened sweep it up. More than five dozen firms have already been fined some two billion dollars because these trading firms allegedly violated the SEC's record keeping rules because some of their employees, not all, mind, you used non company phones and messaging apps to communicate about business. Now pause and remember, so did like everybody in government? What do we find out with the investigations and the hunter Biden, Yes that Joe Biden had aliases? What do we find out in the investigation of Hillary Clinton? Yes, she was communicating in non governmental servers using aliases. Doctor Fauci communicating using aliases? Why so it wouldn't be caught up in a foyer request for information? You're regarding use on government equipment. Move Over to something else, it's okay for our lettered agency folks to do it, but no, no, no, not in the private sector. Apparently this whole ass all started in twenty twenty one. They went after the largest of the Wall Street firms, and now they're working the way down to the smaller ones, and that's how we got this new three hundred and ninety three million dollars in fine. Sec has demanded that these firms and I say firm private companies that engage in trading right search employees, personal old phones, and handover evidence of business related communications. Also pointed out smaller fines for firms that comply, oh, if you work with us, we won't find you, or we'll just give you a small fine. Relative and compared to the other finds we've been meeting out against other people in similar circumstances. The agency has says firms are required get a load of this by the nineteen thirty four Securities in Exchange Act and nineteen forty Investment Advisors Act to preserve business records for regulators to review in audits or investigations. Fine, but it's noted the business records back in nineteen thirty four and nineteen forty were paper documents, and now it's impossible for companies to police and preserve employees electronic communications. It's a lot harder even with devices that are issued by the company and subject to limitations and rules, which they have. But what about the employee's private devices. Nearly all the firms find accord to the don't have policies in place prohibiting employees from using those personal devices and messaging channels like WhatsApp, for example, for business purposes, Much like our government employees are prohibited from using the private devices for government business. Are we going after them? They also record employees communications and activities on work devices, which is of course a perfectly acceptable thing if you're working for the company. We need to retain the information you're doing for company. Businesses or business companies don't want employees using unapproved platforms because of security reasons, something Dave had Ter talks about all the time. My wife's got a computer server it tooked up directly to them. She can't use that computer for anything other than to log into the company's secure server. If she wants to log in anything else, she needs a different device. These rules are all over the place, difficult to enforce, though it's noted well. The agency claims off channel communications by Wall Street employees is pervasive.
Speaker 8: Listen to this.
Speaker 1: The consent decrees with the fined individual firms cite only a handful of examples with very little detail about the substance of the communications. And they don't even say that they've uncovered evidence of securities violations. It's just that, Oh, one guy mentioned a particular work matter on his private device, You're fined. SEC apparently quibbles that the use of personal personal phones may have impeded other investigations. The agency can always subpoena traders personal phones in probes, ah they they'll have to have probable cause, and of course they face legal resistance. And the Journal points out that's why Gensler wants firms to surveil personal phones for him. Why because private companies don't owe you a Fourth Amendment right to be free of unreasonable searches and seizures and don't have to go into court to get a sorce warrant to listen to your devices. What Gensler really wants is to have all trading records and communications at the SEC's fingertips. It's also the goal of the SEC's Consolidated Audit Trail, which sets up government a government database to track in real time the identities and transactions of everyone who invests in the stock market. It's kind of like a kin of the NSSAY scooping up literally every communication you and I make online. What they do with it is anybody's guests. At this point, can the government actually surveil literally every person who invests in the stock market real time? Are there that many government employees as artificial intelligence capable of doing all of that sifting? And to what end and for what purpose? The problem? There is no SEC rule or law obligating these firms to obtain employee communications not in the firm's possession like a personal phone, Nor are firms required to ensure perfect employee compliance with the policies. Just another example of mister Gensler trying to regulate by enforcement. Six forty eight. Coming to a theater near you and a job near you, d Nash hang on your call is next if you don't mind holy amount of time, and I want to mention with good reason twenty two three on Route forty two between Mason and eleven and get some swag. It's still August and it's still National Shooting Sports Month, and at twenty two three they want you to enjoy some free swag just for coming in and experiencing the awesomeness of shooting on their range. So if you've never been there, go in, get a lane, and when you're done shooting, you will be eligible for some free swag. If you've been there before, bring a friend who hasn't, you'll both shoot on the lane. Your friend shoots for free, you're both eligible for some swag.
Speaker 10: That.
Speaker 1: Plus, it's the greatest gun store around, run by and owned by the greatest people around, Wendy and Jeff, truly tremendous. Their staff is knowledgeable, very helpful, very friendly, and they have a fantastic selection of firearms and accessories, ammunition and the like, membership option and training classes. Learn more online. It's twenty two three dot com, the number twenty two followed by the word three spelled out twenty two to three dot com.
Speaker 10: Fifty five KARC in Today's Marketers Reports and what Denish has got today.
Speaker 1: Denish, Welcome to at the five KRC morning. It's your long time this speak welcome back.
Speaker 5: Well, thank you Brian, how are you doing.
Speaker 1: Doing great man. What's on your mind today, Denish?
Speaker 5: I'd like to share with you some update of what's going on with the Ohio elections records and data. I don't know if you have been sharing with your audience the most current developments of taking place with the Secretary of State's office.
Speaker 1: What removing illegal immigrants from the voter ranks.
Speaker 5: No, it's got deeper than that.
Speaker 1: Go ahead, get get it out Danish.
Speaker 5: Okay. Doctor Corse, who's a resident of Ohio, had been researching on what happens to the electronic data after the person votes at the pulling data okay, pulling statis so. What he discovered through his own technical surveys and research is that some entities have access and secretly placed hacking I guess software changes which manipulates the vote of the voter into what that party wants to get done. So the net result is, by the time we hear the final result, they're not actually the total voting results of what the voters want, but rather what these controlling agencies or whoever they are are doing. That and has been going on since twenty ten, so people have been talking about, like doctor Franks and Colonel Waldron and others and showing that hey, listen, we're finding out anomalies out here that are not normal. That if one hundred people vote and sixty of them votes for cand the X and the other vote Wendy, why that should be the results showing up at the Secretary of State's office. No one has taken the second and third steps to look into all these complaints and evidence they've been sending to them all these years to finally doctor. Of course, they got the attention of the gentleman mister Carts, who is the appointee by the Sexuary of State to look into this, and they had a meeting last week and he presented to them all the details to exactly what's happening. And we're waiting, we're holding up breath to find out what will they do. So from my perspective, I've been calling your station for years and saying that, hey, our election results are being corrupted, and now who's doing it is the responsibility of the county commissioners and the sheriff. They're really the initial elected officials who are supposed to watch over elections.
Speaker 1: Your local board of elections.
Speaker 5: Yes, and so that part of it is that majority of the American people have been kept in the dark. So there is an organization separate from doctor Corthy's who did a very technical detail of how does the data get processed. So here's a quick review for you. When the pulling data is taking place, the information is being sent to New York Times and other agencies, and it's the I guess the agency that's been handling that information is not a government agency, it's a democratic control agency. And they take that data and finally to the Department of Defense, and also it goes all the way up to Ireland and other places. And this data has been massaged all this time. So what this group did was they said, okay, we cannot get all that information because none of the government agencies are cooperating to get us that information. So they start taking the New York Times data of votes real time and they've computerized it. And here's what they're found. That the votes are changing by this second. They go up, they go down, they go down, they go up, so at at times one they lose this vote, the other one gains it. So they went further and looked.
Speaker 1: At the Danash I am really start, we are way out of time. I am appalled what I'm hearing, and I certainly would love to see some links to the factual information, the doctor Corsi's information. How this has been demonstrated, because I'm operating in a factual vacuum. My initial question is why in the hell would any of this information leave the state of Ohio or the individual boards of election That's where the bots are supposed to be counted, tabulating oversight with parties. Were both Republicans and Democrats overseeing it to the extent there's something embedded in the software. I would love to hear an explanation from the Secretary of State's office, because that should be easily discernible and identifiable. I could go on, but again, Dnash, thanks for the info. I'm out of time. Six. We can talk about it more, calling after the top of the R News six fifty eight, fifty five krc DE talk station, be right back.
Speaker 15: It's what motivates your vote.
Speaker 5: The Democrat racious now and they were the racious back.
Speaker 15: Then, fifty five KRS the talk station, this REEK.
Speaker 1: Seven six or a fifty five krc DE talk station and a very very happy Monday to try to make it so anyway, fun over here. Five one three seven four fifty five hundred eight two three talk found five fifty on AT and T phones and thank you to d Nash. I wish I had more time with the Nash And thank you to Maureene, I said out loud, I would love to see the reporting on that. And about two seconds later, Maureene Astucci is and the person I knew who would have that article or that information forwarded the link directly to me. It is from the Gateway punted, and I'm always quick to point out Gateway pointed very very very conservative site, biased conservative the way many left leaning sites are biased left wing. But information is there. Nonetheless, I'm not completely dissing the reporting on this, and it is Jerome Corsi, very respected guy. So he and apparently this Andrew Paquett, PhD, along with their attorney did meet with the Housecretary's Secretary of State's Inquiry and called to investigate Corsi's claims that there is indisputal evidence of secret algorithms encoded into the High State Board of Elections Information so Ohio voter registration database, with as the article reports, a presumed purpose of facilitating mail in ballot fraud. Now, i didn't have time to do the deep dive into the entire article, but it's out there. If you want to check it out. Just type in Jerum Corsian Andrew Paquette and if you look and gateway punt it, you'll find the headline Corsiu and Piquette presented to the Ohio Secretary of State's voter Integrity Inquiry with evidence of secret algorithmic codes embedded in voter rolls. My cursory brief overview of the article suggests that the folks that should be in the know really don't know how this came about. So concerning, yeah, absolutely concerning, absolutely concerning anyway, five one, three, seven, four, nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred eight two three talks found five fifty on at and T phone. I think what bothers me most about this is that these questions are swirling around us, and we are a moment in time away from probably the most most important presidential election at least in my lifetime. I mean, the country's future is teetering in the balance here. Anyway, Over to Kamala Harrison, we're still struggling. This is what day thirty four, in which he has not released policy positions that were left to speculate. A list of finla at The Journal was speculating as well, because they did during the Democratic National Convention go after oligarchs and corporate monopolists, destroy wealth creators so they can spread the wealth among their own. Is the conclusion we can reach on that corporate greed is the only one true enemy. Cord of the NIOUD Autoworkers President Sean Faint Bernie Sanders, the Party must take on big Pharma, big oil, big ag, big tech, and all the other corporate monopolists whose greed is denying progress for working people. That's of any Senator Bob Casey rallied against greedflation, accusing corporations of extorting families and his for his part, Barack Obama saying Donald Trump and his well heeled donors, in his words, quote for them, one group's gain is necessarily another group's loss for them. Freedom means that the powerful can do pretty much what they please, whether it's fireworkers trying to organize a union or put poison in our rivers to avoid paying taxes like everybody else does. Hum She observes Democrats treat wealth as a zero sum game, and so mister Bama's straw men are rich. They keep getting richer by making everyone else poorer. Taking away from the well off is the only way to enhance the lives of the poor and the middle class, say the Democrats, including Kamala Harris. That's why they want to tax so called billionaires and businesses who already pay get to the top one percent of those the evil earners, those evil folks that are out there with big businesses that actually employ people. Top one percent pay forty five point eight of federal income tax. Yeah, and the federal income taxes, of course, which funds government services and all those welfare programs for the bottom suffering half. So without those evil billionaires, take away forty five point eight percent of the federal income tax coming in, or if you overtax them, say goodbye to this sizable chunk of federal income tact you're going to get from them, because they will contract, their businesses will not grow, and there'll be fewer employment opportunities for us because they're busy managing and own insurmountable taxation debt, and they Ilica Finley notes that Obama forgot that his own Environmental Protection agency caused the twenty fifteen, gold King mind disaster spilling toxic waste into Colorado's Animus River. So so much for only evil oligarchs and businesses poisoning rivers. Are federal governments quite capable of managing that on its own. And I like this, Yes illustrates His speech brought to mind a recent homily by my local parish priest about the dangers of class warfare and envy, one of the seven Deadly sins, as the priests explaining, success isn't a zero sum game. When a businessman succeeds, he creates jobs that help the poor. Ending and tearing down the successful makes everyone poorer. Rather than plunder the wealthy, society should celebrate success and try to help everyone prosper. This is something I firmly believe in. Democrats derisively refer to the such ideas as trickle down economics. They denounce and diminished business success inclaiming the wealth you have profited from greed and government support. Obama twenty twelve. Remember, if you've got a business, you didn't build that. Rather than try to make it easier for businesses to succeed, hey like, let's reduce taxes or ease government regulation, which the Trump campaign wants to do. Democrats do the eye opposite, calling for leveling the playing field, growing the middle class, out euphemisms for taxing success so the government can be the one handing out the money. But government doesn't create wealth. The people they take it from are the ones that are the creators. Well. Business successes in zero sum government growth can be it's expansion. Government makes it more difficult for businesses to thrive. The result fewer jobs, lower wages, less tax revenue, which finances essentral public services like law enforcement and the safety net for the indigen It always bothers me why Democrats can succeed in this confiscatory tax reality. Since confiscatory taxes lead to less taxes overall, they reduce the influx into government of taxes, which supports every damn program the left once and accordingly, they turn to the printing press to print the dollars that they're not bringing in. Ah, it's just so simple. Trump's appeal in twenty sixteen stem from the slow economic growth we held felt under Obama's presidency. Republican promised to make Americans richer. He did. His deregulation and tax cuts work during the Trump administration, average real wages increase nearly seventy percent faster than during the first three years during in his first three years than during Obama's entire presidency. Results work Look, deregulation equals more money in your damn paycheck. Now we are all poorer under Biden. Government spending, of course, is fueled inflation, which has eroded wages. Naturally, it erodes wages. Your wages may have gone up, but when inflation exceeds the amount of your raise, you have less money reality speaking wise than you do on paper. Job growth has become increasingly concentrated in the sectors that depend on government spending, right, because they're picking the winners and losers. Hey, let's say you used to work at A one to twenty three before the Obama when the Obama administration handed you over hundreds of billions of dollars. You're not working there anymore because it went under because it was a failed business model. Sorry, sucks to be you. When Democrats talk about boosting the middle class, the list finly observed, they mean the class of government workers. Get a load of these stats. Government education, health care, and social assistants account for more than sixty percent of new jobs added this year in the last year anyway. In the seventeen states where Democrats control the governorship and the legislative chambers, the whole trifecta the share of job growth ninety eight percent in government, education, healthcare, and social assistance. Ninety eight percent of government controlled jobs are where the new jobs came from. It was forty seven percent in the twenty three states where Republicans have complete control. Pointing to average wage growth since the start of the pandemic lower in high state taxes like Illinois, New York, and California compared to low s date taxes like Florida, Texas and South Dakota. You're talking about ten plus percent less average wage growth in Illinois, New York, and California than you have in Florida, Texas and South Dakota. The illustrations provided two points out If middle plest Americans want to get richer, they ought to move to Miami, Dallas or sous Falls. Yeah, and that's the whole Green New Deal. Folks, Oh my god, we're all gonna die. And once you're convinced to that, only government is capable of making things better by picking and choosing the winners and losers in the green economy. You needn't apply, Trust me, your application will be rejected seven sixteen fifty five K see de talk stations. Feel free to call more to talk about We've got Christopher Smithman coming up to the bottom of the hour, and we're also going to hear from John Barrett from Western and Southern about the EBN fireworks taking place on Sunday. He'll be on a date a little after eight, sometime in the eight o'clock hour anyway. Kind of a moving target on that one. In the meantime, though, Emory Federal Credit Union not a moving target. They've been around for eighty five years and they are in celebration mode since nineteen thirty nine. They are now celebrating the history and accomplishments of Emory Federal Credit Union, offering special discounts and public events, and you're going to want to take advantage of this, So visit EMORYFCU dot org for the details of all these events, and right now learn how you can boost your savings deposit. They're offering a certificate rate as high as five point two percent for six months. That's an excellent return on a short period of time six months. Five point two percent restrictions apply. It's a limited time offers to learn about this one and all the other specials that you're going to find at EMORYFCU dot org. A better way to bank. I can vouch for that. NMLS number four zero one zero EID seven federally ensured by NCUA. They are an equal housing lender.
Speaker 7: This is fifty five KRC an iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 10: Get ready to your win.
Speaker 1: You few about KIRCD talk station. A very happy Monday to you. Christopher Smidmen had come out of the next hour and I talk a lot with tech Friday's day've hatter about artificial intelligence last week was one of the Hey artificial intelligences and it all it's cracked up to be in one out of every three AI projects apparently shut down, not get any value out of it. Get a load of this one. This just blew in my mind. Unrelated anything we've talked about this morning, other than the government wanting to control every component of our life. Obviously, rents a problem. We know where the rental problem came from. At least I hope you're familiar with the economic realities of that. Anyway, Department of Justice filed a lawsuit on Friday against a rental software company. Now what this company does. This program, it's artificial intelligence. It's a tool for landlords to use in assessing the rental market prices. So they go to this vendor, this software who compiles all the rent information and I guess they pay for the service and observe what the rents are going for. This allows them to see if they're pricing their apartments, you know appropriately. It's called real Page. The dog claims they violated antitrust law by contracting with competitive landlords who agreed to share with this real Page non public, competitively sensitive information about their apartment rental rates. So you voluntarily show up to them and you show them what you are charging. They put that into their algorithm and they come up with a large data set that just provides any given rental company with the information. It doesn't tell them what they need to set their price at. It doesn't allow them to collaborate directly with Like if you were a manufacturer of you know, a widget, and you got together in a quiet room behind the scenes and sat down with the other widget manufacturers and you all agree to set the widget price collectively together, so there's no movement. Everybody pays the same amount for a widget that would violate anti trust laws. This is merely an artificial intelligence tool. Took the time to put the software together which enables the compilation of this data. Welcome to the AI world in which we find ourselves. Apparently it's easy to do. Sign up for it, and you too can have the information do what you want with it. We're not telling you to set your price. We're just letting you know what everybody else is charging. Kamala Harris called for a ban on the using these algorithms by rental companies. Her campaign says it lets them collude with each other and jack up rents dramatically. No, they're not directly colluding. They're merely using the information that is out there and available thanks to this real page software. Of course, they deny the allegations. They point out what I've been pointed out. It just advises landwards about whether they should set rent for a given unit higher or lower, although it doesn't encourage them to keep units off the market, and only uses non public data in anonymized forms, which takes out that collusion part. You don't know where the other rental units are or who the other rental unit ore are. It just lets you know what the price is in any given market. Company points out at its own website, customers decide their own rent prices always have one hundred percent discretion to accept or reject software price recommendations. They are never punished for declining recommendations. It's just a neutral third party, and yet they're being sued because somehow this neutral third party, which merely provides the information, can somehow be construed as the one facilitating an SEC violation. Governor Or Quiz, former founder and president of Americans for Tax Reform, criticizing the investigation of this rental software, So the problem smells of an effort to set up a national rent control which has been discussed by other parts of the Democratic Party, who said that the software suggestion is not compelling landlords or renters to offer or signed leases at a suggested rate. Everybody can ignore it and will if it doesn't make any sense, he pointed out, which is why it's so ridiculous for people whose answer is govern implos mandated prices to suggest that when someone says, here's what prices look like right now that that's somehow collusion and causing a problem. One of many great points made in opposition to this. But here's your Department of Justice got an idea, a concept. It sounds like a good one. Data collection. Everybody's doing it. Google collects all of your data all the time and uses it on its artificial intelligence algorithm to try to get you to buy products it thinks that you want by putting them in front of your face. Do you have to buy them?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: Seven twenty five fifty five k SE detalk station Christopher Smith Aman good event ispleen next former Vice Mayor of the City of Cincinnati with his thoughts and comments about some subject today. We all find out together and I always enjoy it, and I hope you do so, I hope you can stick around, and I hope you get in touch with Colin Electric. That folks with the right connections, a plus with a better business feer. They do great work. I can vouch for the work they've done on my home, and they've done a whole bunch of projects over the year for the Thomas family around twenty five years. And Andrew Collen prides himself on the company's honest reputation, and of course, the reputation of his team licensed electricians doing any single facet of residential electric work, from the biggest project to the smallest. Call him for a single outlet installation, not a problem. Call them to rewire your whole home, not a problem. Anything in between. You know you're in the right hands, the folks with the right connections. That's Cullen Tenure wiring warranty on everything they do for you. And the price is always right. Plus that customer service can't be beat. Colin's number five one three two two seven four one one two. I'd appreciate it. Mention tell them, Brian said, Hi, they're great folks. Five one three two two seven four one one two. Learn more online Collin. That's c U. L. E. N. Colin Electriccincinnati dot com fifty five KRC.
Speaker 8: In this week's Marketers Report.
Speaker 1: Uh A student, political commentator and observer of things in life. Christopher SMITHM and former vice mayor, Welcome back, my friend, is always always wonderful to have you on for the Smither vent. I hope you had a great weekend.
Speaker 3: I did, brother, and thank you so much for having me on. I'm going to start with with, in my mind is the most serious thing, which are you know, the third anniversary of thirteen servicemen and women that lost their lives in cabal in Afghanistan. And I just I sit back and I think about all of these families that are just suffering today, all thirteen of them who really just don't have answers, you know, things running through their minds. Did my children die in vain because we had an administration that failed them and so they withdraw to Afghanistan. Everybody who looks at this with any common sense would say things did not go well, things weren't planned. Well, You've got people in Afghanistan with our equipment doing parades with our equipment a week ago. Uh. Just but my hearts just go out to all thirteen of those those families and which would also just rub me the wrong way. And by the way, Caleb, my son, Caleb, I told you his last day was a week and a half ago or so. He just got home this weekend and so you know it wasn't like, oh, you just walk out. He just he had a process that he went through and took him a week to you know, get him hisself together. But he made it back, but he's signing up for the Air National Guard. He's being sworn in this week, going right back into the Air National guardens things like this, Yes, and you see things like this, and you go, that could be my kid, That could be my child. And so these thirteen families that are suffering and they're watching the President of the United States on vacation, no real honor for them today, Like the White House sent out some type of press release, but there's nothing really there that they're going to do today to honor the greatest sacrifice that these thirteen servicemen and women. And it's just because they know it was boxed.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: You didn't hear anybody at the DNC convention, you know, talk about it, you know, bring reference to our military in that kind of way. Holding a flag just one you're listening to audience to know who they already noticed holding a flag. Doesn't get it, Like that's not the only piece they had opportunity to really, in their words and in their deeds, highlight things. This would have been one of those things. This three year anniversary of those thirteen servicemen and women who lost their lives because of poor decisions that were made in the White House.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, I mean, they have no incentive whatsoever to bring it up, even if it's just to sort of, you know, reflect and honor that they did lose their lives, which would be a justifiable thing to bring up. But of course it's going to invite criticism on the botched pull out from Afghanistan. Those men would not be dead but for the hurried yanking out of and and plug pulling from from our presence in Afghanistan. Not that conceptually it was necessarily a bad idea, but it was almost like they up came up with the idea over breakfast and then implemented the pull out that afternoon. It wasn't very forward thinking. They didn't get out those who had helped us throughout the conflict, whose lives literally are in danger every moment of the time that they still remain in Afghanistan. But you know, it didn't get out a lot of our own service people, and of course invited that attack which resulted in the death of so many American soldiers. It's just, you know, there's no upside for them apparently in bringing it up, because there was no upside to their actions.
Speaker 3: And this is where I say journalism is dead because you see stations like ABC, NBC, MSNBC that will not dig in and even honor these thirteen servicemen because they're rooting for the vice president to be the next president, knowing that she was a part of making the decision. So the major networks, if somebody is why watching them, and there's somebody's listening to this watching them, this is where we say what they don't talk about. It's not just what the news media talks about, it's also what they don't talk about. And journalism in this country is just dead. Meaning there you know, you have someone running for president who won't sit down and answer basic questions about their policy, and we're acting like it's just a little thing. Ryan, This is this is huge. That you have a presidential candidate who early voting starts in some states in September, obviously in Ohio early voting starts in October, who hasn't sat down with any major news outlet of sitting across the table asking this person, what is your public policy positions, what do you plan to do? What are your forward thoughts about the United States of America. So no one's been able to ask her because she said, I was the last person in the room whenmen's thirteen servicemen and women lost their lives. What were the decisions that were made? How did it happen? Journalism is dead in this country. I don't understand why it's so difficult for people on the other side to say, it's important for the candidate that you're supporting to come forth and just answer basic questions about what they stand for. Brian talks. I am shocked by all of that.
Speaker 1: All of this well, going back to my comments, why would they bring up Afghanistan even to acknowledge those who lost their lives when it would invite open criticism and you open old wounds about that failure. Same thing goes, why would she utter a syllable about what her policy preferences are. If she had great ideas and the ideas that were sellable to the American people, she'd be out touting them, who to whoever would listen to them. Maybe we should just look at silence as deafening as well as well keeping us all in the dark and ignorant. Thirty secs.
Speaker 3: One more point on it, it doesn't matter your political persuade. On the conversation, we just had no, whether you're a Democrat, republic independent, libertarian, if you're a citizen of the United States of America, you should be saying the same thing you and I are saying. Your candidate who you support, whether it's Donald Trump, whether it's Vice President Kamala Harris, you should want those candidates to come forward and tell us what their public policy positions are.
Speaker 1: Amen to that, we'll bring back Christopher Smith. And it's seven thirty seven com up it seven thirty eight fifty five krs to detox station. And I want you to save money, and I want you to have great service, and you're going to get both of those at Affordable Imaging Services where you can get an MRI with a seat with a contrast for six hundred and forty five bucks, no contrast, only four hundred and ninety five bucks to all the images that Affordable imaging services come with a board certified radiologists report, not a separate charge, which is exactly what's going to happen in the hospital. Hospital imaging departments is are cash cows. You can get five thousand dollars there for a CT scan and you probably pay a separate bill for the radiologists report when a CT scan with no contrast is for fifty or only six hundred. If you get a contrast echo cardiogram four hundred and ninety five bucks. That's the one my friend Jeff saved thirty one hundred dollars of his own money. I mean that's after the insurance payment. See, don't go to a hospital imaging department. You have a choice. When it comes to your medical care. Everything's gonna be fine. Your doctor will even say, yeah, this is great. Happens all the time. So they get the radiologist support and you do too. Within forty eight hours. And again it's included in the low low charge. Heck, an ultra sounds only two hundred and fifty bucks. Look at a hospital price on that. So you have a choice. You can go to affordable imaging services. Find out more online. I recommend checking the website at affordable medimaging dot com. Call for the appointment five to one three seven five three eight thousand. That's five one three seven, five three eight thousand.
Speaker 7: This is fifty five KRC an iHeartRadio station would.
Speaker 1: And seven forty two fifty five Krcity Talk station Brian Thomas with Christopher smithm and doing that Smith event, thang, Christopher, what else is on your mind, my friend?
Speaker 3: Well, brother, I usually don't talk about the Federal Reserve. I've been a person who's been quite supportive of the Federal Reserve, and you know, as a you know what I do as a profession I'm a financial planner. But I'm very very suspicious. You know, the Federal Reserve really announced last year that they were it might have been October, November, December, and the last quarter they were thinking about cutting rates. The Federal Reserve, as you know, controls monetary policy for the United States of America, and some would say might be one of the most powerful institutions we have because of it. And so this notion that they're advertising. There are two things that happened that I found very interesting. One, the jobs report came out sixty days ago or so that you know, the job market was stable with maybe even a little hot which put the Federal Reserve back on their heels on this discussion about whether they were going to cut rates. Mysteriously, this month, eight hundred and eighteen thousand jobs just disappeared. They just said they didn't happen. We were wrong about it. And I'm sitting here going what the hell just happened? Well, what that did was it gave the door opening for the FED to cut rates. Now, I don't know about it, and I haven't watched this closely, and you know what the FED is doing, but know that when the Fed is you know, when the FED is cutting rates, right, that that could have a juicing effect on the market. Mean, it could make the market go higher, it could stabilize the market. So this notion that they're advertising in September, when early voting is starting in some parts of the country, when early voting again is starting in October, that they're talking about we're going to start easing rates. Well, by the way, that is going to negatively impact our seniors who for a ten or eleven year period of time could not get a CD rate that made any sense for them. So they finally have fixed rates at a reasonable rate, and right for the election, they're going to cut the legs off of those seniors who benefit from those CD rates. They're not advertising that, but would agent possibly augment the stock market. I just find it very interesting that the FED is announcing and really pretty clearly that we're going to go twenty five or fifty basis points in September, while the citizens of the United States might be voting for the next or we'll be voting for the next president of the United States of America.
Speaker 1: Ran Toms sounds a little cynical about the reporting there. I mean, come on, let's it just illustrates I'm right out of the gate, assuming that you know, notion Indians, everything was above board. It just shows you how bad they are crunching numbers. How is it that they missed the mark by eight hundred and twenty thousand jobs. I mean, that's not an insignificant number, Christopher. I mean there have been reporting quarters where that's the entire the entire increase in jobs. So I mean correct, you know so, and then and then timing because it's such a profoundly large error, and like you're pointing out, the timing couldn't be more questionable in terms of, you know, it's potential influence on the election, that rate lowering phenomenon, and your point being, if the job's rate wasn't erroneous at the outset, they might not be talking about lowering their rates in September.
Speaker 3: Correct, Jeez, I mean this is so big because it really just gives the FED the runway that is needed right to say, I'm lowering rates based on what's happening in the job market, that the market is softening, and so now I can lower rates. But the reality of it is we're right in the middle of an election. And what it made me think about it, I said, you know what, there should be a policy that unless it's a national security issue like we have a September the eleventh, the FED should not be intervening Why lowering or raising rates sixty days out from any presidential election, because it undermines the institution in my mind, if you're doing it in January, but like sixty days out or early voting, because most you know, this country didn't early vote fifteen years ago, so this is also a new thing where early voting is happening. And the FED is also cutting rates, which absolutely helps people who want to buy homes. I get it, first time buyers, brings rates down, get it, But why are you doing it right in the middle where people are voting for who the next president of the United States? It just raises red flags. It's like a referee and I'm not a sports person, as you know, It's like a referee in the last three seconds of a basketball game throwing a file that ultimately puts somebody on the file line shot that ultimately wins the game. Meaning stay out of the race. And by lowering these rates, which you know they're not going higher, whether it's twenty five or fifty basis points, I think it puts a shadow over the FED. Are you interfering in a presidential election?
Speaker 9: All right?
Speaker 1: And can you be trusted with the numbers you give us which determine these outcomes? Apparently the answer that one is no. I guess the only question I have. And I appreciate it and understand where your suggestion comes from. And it sounds sound, but you know, every time I talk to anybody who's involved in the markets and they say, well, the FED dropped the interest rate, it looks like the market didn't react. And it's always well because the market had already factored in that interest rate change way in advance. They anticipated it, and so that's why we had a change in the stock market two months ago when they were alluding to a cut in rates as opposed to waiting for it actually to happen. So there's all that.
Speaker 3: So that's why I said, stabilize it, make it go up. But the bottom line is they're intervening, right, they're announcing they're doing something, and I just think their intervention right, it's making me suspicious because the FED was appointed by the current administration, and they have a vested interest in the current administration being reelected because it protects all of their jobs. They obviously know that if there's a new administry, the possibility of them not being appointed is really high. So I just think they should stay out of it. And obviously what I'm saying on this radio show isn't going to change anything, but I think people should be thinking about this. In the last point I want to make is that you know, we saw RFK Junior say that he's not going to run for president. There are a couple of things that I want to highlight in that. Number one, he said that Kamala Harris, the vice president, or their Harris campaign team wouldn't meet with him. Now that's concerning to me, because whoever the president of the United States is, you gotta be willing to meet with everybody. You've got to be willing to sit down and at least have a conversation so that kind of alarmed me. Number two, he talked about as an independent, which I was when I ran for county commissioner, and I had to collect over three thousand signatures just to get my name on the ballot. And this he said, his team had to collect a million signatures to get his name on the ballot, and how the Democratic Party was blocking him state by state.
Speaker 1: Yes, lawfair.
Speaker 3: About that, yes, yes. And so in the back of the DNC they're talking about we stand for democracy, we stand for democracy, but they have a candidate whose uncle was assassinated. You know, My point is the Kennedy brand as a Democrat. And what he ultimately said is I haven't left the Democratic Party. The Democratic Party has left me. And that's ultimately what he said. And he said, listen, I'm going to support Donald Trump. Now. What I want to say. My last point about this is family is so important to me. I mean, family is at the core of everything. I'm shocked that the family is saying these horrible things. I think about him as if he's some traitor. This man has the right to support whoever he wants to support. It has nothing to do with his family. And so this notion that his family is saying I don't like you, I don't appreciate you. You're really not a part of our family because you're supporting you're supporting a candidate that we don't support. Wow. Does it speak to who they are as people and who they are as a family. It doesn't speak to who RFK Junior is. In my mind, he speaks to who the Kennedy family, who they are as a people that they are so entrenched in their ideology that they would throw a family member out of the window publicly almost saying I don't love you, I don't like you. You're not a part of our family.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's what it's come to these days. And he just merely stuck with the original democratic leanings of of John F. Kennedy and the other Democrats in the sixties, not the far left alexandrier Casio courtet wing a socialist which the Kennedys apparently have become. Well, except for RFK Junior, Christopher Smith And always a distinct pleasure having you on the program, brother, We'll do it next you mind me, Hea.
Speaker 3: People can follow me at voat Smithman on social media.
Speaker 1: Take care good to hear from me. And it was great to hear from Peter Sabia Kelwiam seven Hill joining the program last week to talking about the new Real Estate Commission rules which will ultimately benefit you and Peter's got it all worked out well? Well, you said, this is going to result in some real positive changes for the home buyer and of course the home seller. You get value when you hire a real estate agent. That's what they're there for. They have knowledge and experience, direct you in the right path, help you selling your home, buying your home. This is what the Schabar Group of Keller Williams seven Hills has been doing for a long time and they are in Cincinnati's number one real estate team. Got programs nobody else is offering like the instant Offer program get out of town in less than three weeks from today through that program, maximize the sale price here or the ability to buy a home with leveraging money ANNI max Cash to Keys program working with Shabrie Group, got a better chance of winning the sale because you're making a cash offer, huge increase in winning in a tough bidding Warren that tight real estate market is still going on. Call the bat in the business. That's Peters should bring his team at seven zero eight three thousand dot com five one three seven zero eight three thousand, seven zero eight three thousand dot Com.
Speaker 10: Fifty five CAR the talk station to the White House.
Speaker 1: Anything can something hit me?
Speaker 15: And will happen?
Speaker 1: Fifty five KRC the talk station at six fifty five kr C the talkstation Happy Monday, try to make it happy anyway. And I have to go to this on a Monday. Well, at least you have the same psychology and mindset that I do. But here I am Brian Thomass, fifty five KRCY. Morning. She has been an interesting conversation. We've had all morning, a variety of different topics, and I want to see what Seawan's got. He was kind enough to call him this morning at five one, three, seven four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eighty two three talk sew Welcome to the program. Thanks for calling in.
Speaker 16: Thank you sir, Thank you sir for taking my call. Please do it's hard work. It's heartwarming to hear you five days a week. Someone the only person on radio that I hear saying what I am thinking. As far as the Kennedy subject, Yeah amos amos, Chapter three, Verse three says can two walk together, except they be agreed. Jesus loves you, sir, good day.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much. I suppose they can if they form a coalition. If you look at our European friends and neighbors, quite often they form a coalition government. They have mindsets that are similar more similar than the mindset of say another group of political up parties. They have multiple political parties, and so in order to get control, they'll form a coalition government. And well, I don't profess to know everything there is to know about coalition governments. It doesn't mean that they're all lockstep unified behind one specific set of principles that would be one party. If there's no difference between say, the People's Liberation Front and the Campaign for Free, Free Galilee, then they're basically the same thing. Rfk's platform differed in certain respects from Trump's. And yet when RFK jor reached out to the Harris campaign, he got nothing but silence. They wouldn't even take his phone calls. And as he saw himself up against the wall thanks to in large parts censorship, we can get to that in a moment he reaches out to the Trump campaign, or actually the Trump campaign, I think reached out to him. But in either case they sat down and they had a discussion, a discussion, and as Kennedy said the other day, he invited Jnald Trump. He invited me to form a unity government. This is why I mentioned coalition government. We agreed that we'd be able to continue to criticize each other on the issues where we don't agree, but these issues are so important and they're a way of unifying the country. Speaking of course, as to the issues upon which they do agree, which would far more issues than anything the Kamala Harris campaign well, I want to say, has come up with or articulated, but based upon her record, what they're willing to talk about and not talking about the talking heads like you know Chucky Schumer, who actually went out and literally talked about their agenda, at least the agenda as he saw it unfolding over a Harris administration, which is basically another three and a half years of what we got so far, another four years basically of the Obama administration and the Biden administration's failed policies. A start contrast between that and the Trump administration what he was able to ring about, So might they differ on green agenda items. Yes. Might they differ on other yes, But in large part RFK says, you know what, the Trump campaign has far better ideas, and I'd much rather support a Trump campaign than a Harris campaign. And that's how we find ourselves in this position. And again you go back to the lawfare component of it. Put yourself an RFK junior physician. He campaigned originally as a Democrat. Obviously they weren't thrilled with him being the party nominee. If he could have made it, I don't know, but they refuse to acknowledge him. And then and of course, after he works his butt off and his people work their butts off collectively to get enough signatures to show up on a ballot, what do the Democrats do? They went to court. They went to court much in the same way they went after Donald Trump. When you're afraid of the American people and that the American people might reject your party and elect the guy from the other party, or in this taste, either guy, then you go to court and you try to stop it from happening. When your government approves a drilling project or something along those lines and you don't like what it's done, you go to court under an EPA lawsuit or claiming some environmental damage or some other it's I don't know heritage land, and you make an argument and you stand on the way a bit. It's lawfair. This can drag things out just forever. It's very successful lawfair depending upon which side of the ledger you're on. It works for both sides. But RFK Junior felt it in spades. He felt it during an interview he was talking with Fox News just yesterday, was Shannon Breen, and he said, listen, my campaign couldn't gain traction because of censorship by the media. And this is something I talked about earlier in the program. Beyond this particular issue, but censorship generally speaking. And look to Europe and look at the UK and what they're doing. You know, we may be seeing the writing on the wall arresting people with certain political ideologies while allowing lawbreakers to run amuck. But anyway, he said, became clear to me that I did not have a path to victory sixteen months of censorship, of not being able to get on any network really except for Fox. And he had a parallel to draw. It was Ross Pero's campaign. He say when Ross Perot ran in the last ten In the ten months that he ran, he had thirty four appearances on the networks. I had two appearances in sixteen months two. So I was blocked out of the networks and I was blocked out of the debate. I had no path to victory, he said. Trump started reaching out to his campaign from time to time. Said they even spoke just a few hours after that would be assassination attempt on Donald Trump. That's when he made the point about he invited me to form a unity government. It's a good idea. There are you know, RFK Junior supporters out there. I know quite a few people in my listening audience like his position relative to vaccines, and that those folks. If RFK Junior is in the on rather the winning side, if he chose wisely and went and backed Trump and Trump goes on to win, I mean the RFK people can view that landscape and say, you know what, if my guy joins forces with Trump and wins, my guy's policies are at least going to be near the presidents. He will have the president's ear, and then maybe we'll be able to advance what I want out of a candidate, and here's my list from RFK Junior and why I was in favor of RFK Junior. If RFK Junior gets a cabinet position or some other prominent position within the Trumpet Mission administration. It hasn't been stated that he will, but it's certainly a possibility, then Trump perhaps will enjoy the benefit of getting those RFK Junior voters. And he had about six percent, and that is six percent roughly, depending on which pole you're looking at any given pole, it's in the single digit. It was as high as double digits at certain times. But he at least gets the benefit of five to let's say, ten percent of the electorate who would have gone with RFK Junior had they not well try to get him chucked out of any given states ballot or otherwise alienated to the point where he had to drop out of the rate through this censorship that the RFK Junior is complaining about. So there's that possibility, and so again coalition government comes to mind, unity ticket comes to mind. In any event, those are voters that are yet to be decided, and I suppose it's going to be rather interesting polling from this point forward. Now that RFK Junior has done what he was expected to do, which has drop out of the race and move forward with the Trump campaign. And why would you go with the Harris campaign if you're RFK Junior In spite of what your family members say, they clearly have been co opted by the far left of the Democrat Party. I don't think I don't think John F. Kennedy Junior would have anything negative to say about RFK Junior's position on this, because if you look back at what John F. Kennedy Junior campaigned on, you know, like things like free speech, equality among the individuals in terms of race and religion, good old school Democrat. He fought for civil rights. Great, there's nothing wrong with fighting for civil rights. Well, some people might claim that the civil rights victory was achieved and accomplished. Of course, as soon as Barack Obama got elected, civil rights started becoming this, you know, the immediate default buzzword, you know, racism and racism. It was lurking around every corner almost instantaneously when we could all look back and look at all the progress we had made over the years. And I think it rather interesting observation in hindsight to hear Barack Obama scream about racism all the time, when the United States of America collectively had just got done electing a black president after decades of electing black governors and black senators and black representatives both in state and federal elections, black individuals in charge of corporations and running companies and having leadership positions in multiple organizations. Every single place you can turn over the past twenty thirty forty years, you're surrounded by folks of all different races and creeds and ethnicities that we have made wonderful progress. Whatever happened to those days, I don't know, but my suspicion is this will certainly inure to Donald Trump's benefit, especially with him sounding RFK junior, sounding reagan esque. And I use those words delicately. But yesterday he was speaking about this whole maga thing, Maga make America great again. He said it should be embraced, he said quote. The phrase has troubled liberals who think it is called a return to an America before civil rights, gay rights, and women's rights. But I have a more generous interpretation, one that is truer to my experience of Donald Trump as he is today. Make America Great Again recalls a nation brimming with vitality, with a can do spirit, with hope, and a belief in itself. Was an America that was beginning to confront its darker shadows. Could acknowledge the injustice its past, and of its past and present, yet at the same time could celebrate its successes. A nation abroad prosperity, the world's most vibrant middle class, and an idealistic believe though not consistently applied in freedom, justice, and democracy. It was a nation that led the world in innovation, productivity, and technology, and it was the healthiest country in the world. That I've talked to Trump, to many Trump supporters, I have talked with his inner circle, I have talked to the man himself. This is the America they want to restore. And noticeably absent from the left is that last part of his first sentence. We have all of this. We can acknowledge our injustice, we can acknowledge the past and present. But we have such great things going on here. Yet at the same time, at one point, we could celebrate its successes. The left never wants to celebrate anything at all. It's all dark, gloom and doom, and the only thing out there to salvagees from this darkness and this gloom and doom is to put your life and control the federal government and expand its size. And Rea pa eight eighteen fifty five KRCB Talk Station. Feel free to call in first word for cover Sincy, where you can save a heapload of money and get better medical insurance. That's the point of cover Sincy. They are your brokers, John Rowman and the team. You can work with any one of the team members. They work for you access to hundreds of insurance companies and thousands of medical insurance policies. You know, there is so many different ways you can get medically insured and get dollar one coverage with all that massive out of pocket liability and pay less money for it. It sounds impossible, which is why I always put you to the challenge. Spend a few minutes of your time. It does not obligate you to do anything. It obligates Cover Sincy to take a look at your situation and find a better path. Couples hundred and sixty five save in five hundred to one thousand dollars a month with better coverage. That can certainly be you. If you're a small business owner, you need to get in touch with Cover Sincy. They look at every single member of your team. Each person may very well have a different package of insurance, but that's to give everybody the best benefit. It can even improve your business's bottom line and improve employee loyalty. Sounds impossible, Put them to the test. Call them up five on three eight hundred call five on three eight hundred two two five five online fill the format, learn more. It's cover Sincy dot com.
Speaker 15: Five KRC dot com.
Speaker 10: Another insurance story, Ay.
Speaker 1: Twenty two fifty five KERCD talk station. It's the big weekend coming up, something we all look forward to and have now for what forty eight years? The Western and Southern WDN Fireworks kicking off at Sawyer point Yateman's Cove on Sunday. John Barrett, CEO Western and Southern, the big Huh. The entire place is in house to talk about the event. Welcome John every year. It's always great to see my friends. It's always great to be here, and you're looking forward to another very successful little It'll be.
Speaker 2: It'll be as big and as as wonderful as ever.
Speaker 1: You know, the I've had an opportunity to see the fireworks from multiple locations. Over the years, I've been in Covington to watch it. I've been invited to friends houses in Newport. I actually got to watch it from the parking lot at the boat House once, which was the best you I've ever experience. I got a great place to visit this year, the iHeart Area, So I'm going to be there with my wife looking forward to seeing the fireworks. That's ground zero, it is, and it is an amazing sight to behold. I mean, fireworks with Rozsi's is always just without. They don't have a peer in the industry, but the way they do them now and they make letters and words and signs, and it's just times so perfectly with the music, it's just awe inspiring.
Speaker 12: I would you know, I asked, iHeart or not? iHeart asked the Rossies if I could get up on the Purple people bridge over the top of them, they would let it. But I think that'd be the best place in the world. It's possible to be dangerous because it's stuff can still be hot coming down, but going off all over the place and be I mean, I you can see ten people up there you know with life jackets, yeah, parachutes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, helmets. So I want to thank personally Western and so and for helping out with this, because without a sponsor like Western and Southern, you just can't pull an event like this off.
Speaker 12: Well, you know, it's just one of those things where it's a community deal, a Cincinnati community deal, and forty eight years is a big deal.
Speaker 2: We've been in a thing for eleven.
Speaker 12: But the important thing to me is that we keep it going and that people in the city they leave the city at twenty two whatever or eighteen to go to college, that at thirty or thirty five or forty, when Labor Day weekend comes up and they're somewhere else, they remember their old times back there, and a bunch of them kind of circle back, you know.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah.
Speaker 2: There's so many people in sort of like porch parties that have used of the river all over the place. It's it's really neat.
Speaker 1: And you know, Lord knows. And I'll try to keep politics out of this and don't even gravitate towards politics. We could all use an infusion of fun and of smiles and of a unifying activity. And who could be against enjoying the fellowship, the fund, the food, and those beautiful fireworks. It's just I'm sure somebody's upset by it, the hell of them. They don't need to hear from them, so whattimes the kick off.
Speaker 2: I think the firework actually hit the air at.
Speaker 12: Nine fourteen, nine fourteen, not nine thirteen, not nine fifteen, nine fourteen. It's all about when the sun goes down.
Speaker 1: Well, And I've observed over the years, and I don't want to paint too rosier brush on it, but I don't recall it ever being a problem in terms of crowd control management. There's you know, if people mind their p's and q's, it is truly a family event, I guess, is what I'm pushing for you. No, that's right.
Speaker 12: People are down with their families and they do a pretty pretty good job of policing the area so that the tufts realize that it's not the night for.
Speaker 2: Them, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and well they're outnumbered. Big crowds are good for safety, absolutely, Yeah, there is safety in numbers.
Speaker 12: Yeah, But it's a place to be, so everybody's going to be there, whether you're a good guy or a bad guy or whatever. And there's an awful lot of stuff going on that night. Are we allowed to talk about what might be happening before the fireworks?
Speaker 1: Well, you're not looking at me. You have someone you're asking that question. We are I would say, Yeah.
Speaker 12: Here's what I would say. Don't be late, Bally, if you get there, be there around seven. Anyway, there's going to be some pre fireworks festivities.
Speaker 2: In the air.
Speaker 1: That'll be neat well and at minimum, I might observe being a watcher of people. There's nothing I enjoy more than Neil kicking back and watching folks just walk by. It's an awesome people watching opportunity. So if you have some time to go that's built in right there.
Speaker 2: It's a great day.
Speaker 12: We have our company picnic down on the Sawyer's Point area down there, and our people just love it. They can park in our garage, walk down, have a great time and you know, food whatever, it's good.
Speaker 2: I was talking to the guy bought the.
Speaker 12: Crew tower in the old Macy's building, and well, he liked about what we were doing in Cincinnati. This is one of those things, he said, you guys get the three f's that make a city great. Food, fun, and the feeling of safety. We have to have all three of those and tons of them, so any one of those is a loser if it's by itself right. And so you know, you've got great food options downtown now, and they're typically not chain stores. They're typically local chefs, yes, and most of them trained by John Robert.
Speaker 2: I think, I mean, I believe legacy.
Speaker 12: Lasts and the fun that goes with being downtown and the fireworks, all the things that we have to offer.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you've been up to the light of park since they've redone that it is just cool.
Speaker 12: Yes, got a quarter of a mile rubb rised running track in it, and all times the day there's people out there either walking or running on that track, and the park would be underutilized if you didn't have something like that.
Speaker 2: It's fun.
Speaker 1: It is fun, and that's the point. And the more opportunities for fun, the more time more you're going to draw people there, and more you're going to experience that feeling of safety that we just mentioned earlier on so exactly right, you can go to the Evan fireworks in safety. Make sure you plan in advance, John you mentioned, and get there by seven. Some of the roads are going to be shut down there. I might be I might be late on that. It might be you want to go earlier. Maybe, yeah, yes, we have. We got nods of approval throughout the room here, so yeah, earlier. It's like I heard media aviation expert Jay Ralli will say, get to your flight two hours before it takes off. You need the extra time, so plan accordingly with the EB and fireworks, the Western and Southern w EVN fireworks as well. Now you're talking there, you go, it's going to be a great day. I'm going to be there. I hope to run into my listeners and I know I will be having a good time. And there are prohibited items. Again, there's gonna be some roads shut down. There's some general policies, and Joe Strekker will put a link up on my blog page fifty five caresee dot com to the link that has all the events, the activities, starting times, the p's and q's we need to mind while we're there. And so everybody's going to have a fantastic time from behalf of all my listeners and really everybody in the greater Cincinnati area and all those people who will come in from out of town enjoy it and there are a lot of them. Thank you CEO of Western and Southern John Bearffer, coming to the morning show and letting us know about it. And I can see the enthusiasm on your face as we talk this morning.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Brian, and thank you all the listeners.
Speaker 1: God bless you, sir. We'll see you downtown on Sunday. It's a twenty nine year fifty five r C the talk station. And I get to mention but Herbert Motors since ice hometown lawn equipment deal, they are the absolute best of customer service. You're dealing with a Herbert family member five generations. I got my commercial push mower from Honda through Bud Herbert Motors after an absolutely awful, horrific experience at the box store. Don't do that, you learn from my mistakes. Go directly to Bud Herbert Motors where you're working with a family member. They know everything there is to know about the world class brands they sell, and that's all they sell. John Deere, x Mark Steel, Honda of course is among others. Hey, they're having a John Deere inventory reduction sale going on right now. There's a world class brand, So save heaploads of money, and they service everything they sell. Plus they deliver what you buy from them to your door, ready to run, unlike the unknowledgeable box stores. But Herbert said, the most expensive tool you'll ever buys a cheap one. Don't do that. Don't make my mistake. Call them up with confidence. It's five one three, five four one thirty two ninety one five one thirty two ninety one online. But Hebert Mootors dot com fifty five KRC the talk station. This is this simply money Man. Channel nine says we're gonna be hot. It's a hot day to day ninety four for the hot maybe higher sunny skies over night, low seventy one with some clouds partly ninety eight. The predicted high frid Tomorrow with the heat index several degrees higher than that, sunny over nine seventy with a partly cloudy skies and just a slight chance of rain maybe storms. Wednesday, even hot, they're going up the ninety nine with the slight chance of storms, so I'm guessing it's going to be humid as well. Seventy three degrees right now. Time for traffic.
Speaker 9: From the U SE Tramphing Center at you see Gardner Neuroscience Institute. You can access the leading brain, spine and nerve experts right here in Cincinnati. So I've found seventy five continues to run an extra ten out of even Dale through wack On southbound seventy one delayed times dropping closer to the fifteen minute mark, although fields hurdle off and on down to the lateral northbound forth seventy one break lights from Grand there's a wreck on seven forty seven near Milliken.
Speaker 17: Chuck Ingram on fifty five krc the talk station. Hey, thirty four fifty got KRCD talk station. I was let in on a secret and I was told that, yeah, you can go ahead and tell folks.
Speaker 1: This is what John Barrett was struggling with. He had his advisor with him telling him what he could and couldn't say, which is kind of funny when he runs Western and Southern sou Folks there to keep track of the details. Anyway, the special event that he was a little relucking to talk about, which he stuck his head back in the studio and said, you can go tell people they're going to be doing a drone display, which you can imagine if you've seen some of those the coordinated drones. It is the coolest thing, one of the coolest things ever to just watch and realize the level of sophistication and coordination those things can do and accomplish. But also if you've seen it in the context of modern warfare, it will scare the living hell out of you. At least it scares a living hell out of me. So I don't know how any iron dome can manage to uh to deal with thousands of drones being launched at one time in coordinated effort, all flying in different directions pursuant to specific command. So anyway, drone display you can see it for yourself, sometime in advance of the fireworks, of course. So just one other little detail for the event again, this Sunday, eight thirty five, right now fifty five caurios to the talk stations. I'd love to hear from you if you've got something you want to talk about, maybe heading and been brought up or elaboration on things I've been talking about this morning. Five one, three, seven, four, nine, fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eighty two to three talk pound five fifty on AT and T phones, or just call up and talk with Jess Strecker as he's doing right now with one of the callers in the meantime. I hate to have to bring this up, but you know, someday you may have the same thing happen to me, that the same thing happened to you that happened to me. And regular listeners know what I'm about to say. You have cancer. That's not what you want to hear from your doctor, but it does happen every single day, and with me when it happened, I obviously felt terrible. Your heart sings, you worry, your family will worry, and what you need are great cancer doctors. So I always give props to my friend Jony for referring me to OHC, who for more than thirty five years, their cancer research team has been engaged in bringing innovative treatment options to patients, focusing on the leading edge treatments. Clinical trials are the place to be. They have a simple approach, surround you with everything you need to focus on what matters most, and that's beating cancer. So you get these great cancer doctors, all these different treatment options. You get this group mentality because all their doctors are going to roundtable. Your cancer is a protocol that your doctor will create to make sure it's the perfect thing for you. See, you get the benefit of all those doctors at OHC, So do what I did, call them at the outset, or get a second opinion. It's never too late to do that. Help you focus on beating cancer. It's eight eight eight six four nine eight hundred eight eight eight six eight hundred. To learn more online, go to ohkare dot com.
Speaker 7: This is fifty five KARC, an iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 15: This week's marketer.
Speaker 1: Hey forty here, fifty five KRC Detalk station, are very happy Monday to you. Real special day this morning. Actually for two reasons, really kind of minor, I suppose in the grand scheme of things. But I'm just so wiled by technology. I just I get the biggest kick out of when folks listening to the fifty five KRC Morning show and they don't even live here. I mean, I know the Internet, it's a worldwide, global concept. I could have you know, friends in France listening right now to the morning show. But this morning I was commenting on something about the integrity the elections. Denesh called the program to let me know about this article he read about from doctor Corsi, Jerome Corsi, whose name may be familiar with here. He's a brilliant guy. He met with a hoiuse Secretary of State to investigate Corsi's claim that they indisputal evidence of secret algorithms that are encoded into the Ohio State Board of Elections Ohio voter registration database with a presumed purpose of facilitating mail in ballot fraud. And so Densh was going through the details of that and his call unfortunately ran into the top of the hour. We had to take a break before all the details got out. So I say, listen, I need the information. I want to know where this came from. And so marine like within thirty seconds forward to meet the link. It was from Gateway Pundit, which is a very very, very very leaning right site. I just want to warn you ahead of time in case you can't figure it out for yourself. It's very very conservative leaning, and I would argue to a certain extent like MSNBC, perhaps too much so. But they're the ones that provided the reporting on this. This meeting with actually did take place. They did do the research that made up the purpose of the meeting. What will be done with it remains to be seen. But the neat part about it is Maureene lives in Florida. Normally she's listening from Florida, same time zone. She moved there from the Greater Cincinnati area some time ago. But she's in Hawaii. I'm here in Hawaii. I'm listening to You Live. It's one o'clock in the morning. She doesn't miss the morning Show, so I thought that was really cool. And then while I'm on the break there, Joe Strecker is talking on the phone with someone who called in at seven four nine fifty five hundred and going back to Florida. Jim from Punta Gorda, Florida called in. He was telling Joe, you heard about the WBN fireworks and or the Western Southern WBN fireworks. Thank you, John Barrett. He's gonna come all way up to Cincinnati just to see him. So I'm not sure if he had plans to do that before the conversation, but he knows about him now and it is the forty eighth annual and it is worth a trip. So that's just neat. So the power of the Internet right there on full display this morning on the Morning show. So thanks to all the folks out in the listening audience who are tuning in from places far and wide. I just always get a huge kick out of it. I have you know guys I went to college with. Occasionally i'ming in from you know, Cleveland, folks I worked with in Chicago chiming in from time to time, and you know, like Mississippi James calls in, which is cool. Just anyhow, it's the neat part of the radio. You're connected with so many people and sometimes you're just not aware of it. And this morning I became aware of it from a couple of instances. So thank you for a while me to get that out of my system, and thank everybody who's listening. And I'm going to pivot over because I heart media. Aviation expert Jay Ratlers on the program every Thursday at eight thirty, and you kind of imagine being an aviation expert. We've been having a lot of well, sort of shodden freuda in a way. It's a goofy. We don't want Boeing to go under. Obviously Boeing a massive employer of people, but let's face it, they have their fair share of problems on their hands. Brought about by their own stupid decision making, And how would you like to be Butch Wilmore and Sunny Williams or Sonny perhaps they're the ones that are stuck on the space station because they flew up in a Boeing spacecraft. You need to have to sound like I got comedy in the back of my mind. But yeah, it does sound that way, doesn't it. NASA has decided they're going to bring the stranded Boeing Starliner aircraft aircraft rather home alone. The stranded astronauts will not be on it. Decided it's too dangerous. It's like a it's a test run basically, according NASA administrator Bill Nelson, he said, well, testified by nature, is neither safe nor routine. This is decision as a result of the commitment to safety. Not an easy decision, he said, but absolutely the right one. So they're gonna let it come return unmanned and hopefully land safely somewhere out in the western desert. Boeing had counted on Starliner's first crew trip to revive the troubled spacecraft program after years of delays and ballooning cost. The company had insisted Starliner was in fact safe based upon all the recent thruster tests, both in space and on the ground, and yet here we find ourselves. So you've got sixty one year old Wilmore and fifty eight year old Williams, both retired Navy captains, stuck, and it looks like they're going to be stuck until February. So who's coming to the rescue. Who will rescue the stranded astronauts? Huh SpaceX evil Elon Musk. I'd say evil because folks in the European Union are planning on arresting them while they arrest everybody else with a social media platform that actually allows you to speak your mind and engage in the free exercise and exchange of ideas. Yeah, the sin of allowing people to communicate back and forth without well with freedom, that's a no no in the European Union, and that's a no no in the UK where they are rounding up people based upon their political ideology. And trust me, if you're of the conservative mindset, you're the one that they're targeting, not people who are committing acts of mass hysteria, multiple stabbings and committing crimes. And then of course they're going to go after Elon for allowing a platform where people can exchange ideas that the government does not like. Then you thank god for folks like Elon Musk, because without SpaceX, perhaps Butch Wilmore and Sadie Williams wouldn't be coming back at all. Sorry state of affairs for Boeing. But again I can't say that maybe their poor oversight in terms of manufacturing had anything to do with this specific capsule. But you can mark down yet another failure for the folks at Boeing. Comeing up at eight forty seven and feel free to call got a moment, a few moments to talk after the break, and the break begins with odor exsit gets rid of the stench of politics. They probably could use it in the space station. Yeah, I don't know. There's no gravity in space. Is there smell in space anyway? Mold, mildews, smow of pet odor, human odor is any kind of odor you throw at odor exit. Odor exit will throw back an elimination of that odor because that products work. Guarantee from Odor Exit one percent satisfaction guarantee. Use the product as directed, it will get rid of the odor, and if it doesn't, you get your money back so you can buy it with confidence. Have used them many times over the years for a variety of different smells, most notably smells that Liam brought in the house that's our Doberman, but others as well, and it does work your satisfaction again, you got that guarantee coming from Odo eggsit. Buy it online. It's really simple od o r xit go to the website because that's where you figure out which product you need. If you have any questions about how to use it or which one you need, there's a toll free number you can order it right there. You do it before three pm, it'll be delivered by tomorrow to your home. Or if you got to get rid of the odor today, you can buy it locally. There's a search engine right there on the web page you can use to buy it locally. And there's a whole bunch of stores in the greater Cincinnati Tri state area that sell the products ODO RXIT. You know, eotor eggsit dot com works on everything except the stench of politics.
Speaker 10: Fifty five KRC celebrate Labor Day weekend this year with the.
Speaker 1: Sunny hot ninety four overnight down to seventy one, partly cloudy sky's hot or Tomorrow night eight for the high heat index north of one hundred, mostly sunny over night, you got a slight chance of raining storms down to seventy degrees, and Wednesday ninety nine for the high no heat index provided. But I imagine it's going to be hotter than that slight chance of storms, sunny otherwise seventy four. Right now, time for final traffic shocks.
Speaker 9: From the UCL Tramfics Center at the UC gardner In Neuroscience Institute, you can access the leading brain, spine and nerve experts right here. In Cincinnati, statbound seventy one continues to run an extra fifteen minutes from two to seventy five pass slow lateral northbound four to seventy one's clearing out into town. Northbound seventy five closer to a ten minute delay now between Erlanger and the bridge and statbound seventy five slow go out of Evendale through Lachlan Chuck Ingram on fifty five KR Sea Need talk station.
Speaker 1: Hey fifty one, fifty five KR CIT talk station, Happy Eat Monday. Try to make it a happy day for yourself anyway, if you get a chance to listen to Christopher Smitheman. Great conversation is always every Monday at seven thirty with the former Vice Mayor. You can find that a fifty five kr sea dot com link. I guess by this point to the information about the Western and Southern Indian fireworks will be on that blog page as well, fifty five car sea dot com. Tomorrow. Of course, Tuesday means the Bright Bart Inside Scoop, which we do at eighth five every Tuesday, and Daniel Davis Deep Dive. Daniel returns to the program at eight thirty, as is typically the time for Dan, and we'll hear what he has to say, most notably, probably since he usually gives us his analysis of things war being a retired lieutenant colonel with a lot of warfare experience, probably bring up the attack on his Bawa, the Lebanese terrorist organization. You know, since October eighth, they have fired more than six thousand, seven hundred missiles and drones into Israel, and of course most of the Israelis have fled the northern part of the country given the reach of these missiles. So Israel said, you know, what the hell with this? We see we can tell from our intelligence and our obvious satellite operations and everything else. But they had by way of intelligence that Hesbala is getting ready to attack US. So more than one hundred is late, rarely jets. The sentence shot off hundreds of rockets and blew up rocket launchers in southern Lebanon at four forty five in the morning, preempting an attack by Hesbala, who now admits was scheduled to launch an attack on Israel at five point fifteen. So ye, say anything you want about Israel. I may disagree with your conclusions about Israel, but one thing for sure, they have great intelligence operations. And that's why that October attack on Israel was viewed to such an intelligence failure because normally they are four steps ahead of it. Anyway, rather than the thousands of rockets that otherwise would have been fired, the terrorists of Hisbala fired about two hundred rockets and twenty drones, most intercepted by the Israeli defense forces in the dome and everything else they used to shoot down those rockets. So Hesbala called it salvo a great success on inspite the fact, like bag Dad Bob, it was great. Yeah, most of the stuff got blown up on the ground. We didn't get a chance to light off those bottle rockets or otherwise shoot those missiles into Israel, but we got away two undred and ten of them, and it looks like nothing really happened. One Israeli woman was lightly wounded by rocket shrapnel, and sadly, one Israeli soldier was killed by shrapnel from an interceptor. So best direct hit apparently was on an Israeli chicken coop. Thank you to the Wall Street Journal for that fun fact, which I wasn't aware of anyway. Many are condemning Israel for the escalation, but of course, if you get rid of the ability to attack your own your country by blowing up the rocket systems on the ground before they're fired, I think you go a long way into de escalating. You're taking the teeth away from them. So we'll see how things go. No word on whether or not has Bat is finished or not, but many think that that's been kicked back on its heels for a while, so keep your popcorn out. Sadly, as we watch potentially World War three unfold and are left with a multitude of lingering questions about where a Harris administration might be on foreign policy in addition to all the other issues about which we have no idea. She's like day thirty four or thirty five. She's getting away with it, and at some point there's got to be some accountability. And I can't imagine someone on any side of the political ledger wanting, not knowing, or caring to know what a candidate is running and claiming to hope to get passed by way of legislation or the wielding of the executive pen. Don't you think that's an important component of your vote? I sure do. RFK Junior knows what Trump's running on, and that's why he's over on his side of the camp now forming what I like to call a coalition party there, and good luck to him. Coming up an eight fifty six. I hope you have a wonderful day. Fifty five KRC dot Com to podcast when you can't listen to line and get your iHeartMedia app tuning, and tomorrow again to Breitbart as well as Daniel Davis Deep Dive. Have a wonderful day, and thank you Joe Strecker for all that you do to keep the program going. I appreciate you, sir. I'll be back tomorrow.
Speaker 15: Three You're just minutes away from refreshing your news feed at the top of the hour.
Speaker 6: I have never seen anything like this.
Speaker 15: Exclusively fifty five KARC talkstation.
Speaker 10: This report is sponsored