Speaker 1: They didn't even have time to take a shower. It's good.
Speaker 2: There's no smell in the in the camera, the smell vision. Smell, no smell vision this time. Okay, so thanks Jay for joining us here. You know, in our house where we moved four years ago. We were in Mississippi, coming from Los Angeles. We put this festival together, all films against the Machines. We just finished it last night and thought it was great. And then we you know, we had you and that brought a lot of people, which was really really cool. And I was so pleased yesterday to see all these young guys coming and they were like really, I mean they drove from far to come and see you, and that was like very.
Speaker 1: That was great.
Speaker 3: We haven't forgot how to tap into the young ladies yet, like we're trying to get that with Jamie, but like, yeah, I always have like a bunch of dues this show, which is which is cool.
Speaker 4: I appreciate that.
Speaker 3: But it was a lot of fun. In fact, we've done a few film festivals. This was the most fun. I was telling Jamie because the other ones, they're a little more corny, they're a little more tongue in cheek, I enjoyed that this had, you know, some serious films, some serious ideas, and as your wife was saying, this is art. It's not just comedy, it's not just satire.
Speaker 2: I mean originally, so we showed this movie The Vampire Project here a few years ago, and then that was finally the premiere. We thought we could do just the premiere. Oh, we can try to make it bigger and instead of just advertising one movie, let's advertise a way of making movies. And the general or goal of the festival was to have films with meanings. And what's important is that the actors have something to say.
Speaker 5: Little by little, the couple starts getting suspicious that he's actually murdering people in the camper.
Speaker 6: Oh okay, but what's the angle? What's the angle?
Speaker 7: What do you mean? What's the angle? It sounds like a big dated.
Speaker 6: It needs to be more inclusive.
Speaker 3: You know, there are a lot of convicts who are transitioning into women while they're in prison.
Speaker 7: Right, what does that have to do with my story.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying that transgenders are very trendy right now.
Speaker 6: It would really help with the.
Speaker 2: Festivals because nowadays, when you see all these movies you can nearly see that they have absolutely nothing to say besides I want more money.
Speaker 7: What if the couple is a gay couple who moved to the countryside, That could work.
Speaker 5: This is a horror movie, not a Hallmark rom com.
Speaker 2: We also had Mike Smith who made that documentary Out of Shadows and I'm sure you've seen Out of Shadows, but not the new one.
Speaker 1: Into the Right.
Speaker 2: It's a very important movie, and then we played it to open the festival because it was kind of covering all bases of everything we wanted to talk about.
Speaker 1: Doing the festival.
Speaker 3: We touched on psychological operations and Out of Shadows, but we've gone deeper. These types of operations didn't just go away. They continue to evolve in step with technology.
Speaker 8: It's the most insidious type of warfare because it's designed to change a person's entire perspective, short term or long term.
Speaker 4: That's not to be reversed.
Speaker 6: Cruising sho.
Speaker 4: Most people like all care about what's fifty feet from their door.
Speaker 2: His festival was important to us is to bring people together, and what was fascinating is that we had people actually coming from all sides because we had a good selection of short films as well, and there were some interesting movies, but you could feel like the writers or directors were more like from the the liberal side. And we were able to have actually conversations with Mike Smith, who's, you know, hardcore Christian conservative, and I know I shouldn't say that actually because it's not is way more open minded that He is an amazing guy, so I don't want people to pigeon hole him in that. But you talk a lot about the same stuff, So I hope maybe maybe we can organize like a lot of talk the first time we do a podcast. As I was telling you earlier, I'm not a guy who's usually in front of the camera. I don't necessarily enjoy it, but I love to talk. I love to talk about movies, and I love to talk how important they are in the cultural aspect of things, especially in America. And I feel saddened by the fact that it feels like the younger audience are like not that much interested in movies anymore. They are more like in too short form and stuff that's like two three minutes and they can watch like little videos for hours. I'd love to hear you take on that, and what could be a way to bring back this younger audience to the to the not only to watch movies, but to come see them in movie theater.
Speaker 7: Right.
Speaker 3: It reminds me of the story where David Lanche always tells it when he was on an airplane and he saw somebody watching his movie on a phone, and he said, why the hell are you watching my movie on a phone?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's like, it's not made for that. It doesn't make any sense. Right. It would be like, I don't know, you know.
Speaker 3: I went to the louver, but I watched it on YouTube, so I've been It doesn't make any sense. You didn't actually go there, you didn't actually do it. So one problem is that the Internet is creating this idea of abstraction, that everything is and can be done not in person or not in reality, but through the screen. And even though movies are a screen, it's still meant to be done in an audience in a theatrical setting. That's the whole purpose I think of film. It needs to be long form. It's always been long form for the most part, except for like the earliest films, but that was just due to limitations of the technology. But even some of the earliest like long form projects. You know, we're very popular, but I think.
Speaker 4: That the reason for this is that people have had their attention spans intentionally destroyed.
Speaker 3: My wife did a podcast on one of the top Silicon Valley programmer guys, Jaron Lanier, the dude with the dreads. He doesn't look like a Silicon Valley guy, but he wrote a book and ten years ago talking about how the purpose of the infinite scroll is to just addict you, and it's an a dopamine like trap. But they found that the shorter form content was the means to do that, and so when TikTok and things like the reels came out.
Speaker 4: That's intentionally there to addict you.
Speaker 3: But I think they also knew that it would have the effect of destroying the attention span, so that people couldn't even read a book, much less set through a two hour film. And now we're at the point where people have to have the constant simulation. And it's exactly what Orwell said, where you destroy the language, you destroy the attention span. Bert and Russell, many of these other sort of technocratic minded people said the exact same thing.
Speaker 4: So it's absolutely by design.
Speaker 2: Yes, And also, like we are talking about that yesterday, like the fact that we went from a widescreen format aspect ratio where it broadens your views of things, and now everything is becoming to the point where people are watching on tyle movies vertical movies to me, and it's so symbolic the fact that now things look so so narrow and then everything is said there, you know, like what can you you You don't see beyond everything because now you have the main guy or girl or else.
Speaker 4: The guy, the girl in the third possession.
Speaker 2: And all the others and in the center, and then you don't have room for anything else to see what's beyond that, what's behind and and and.
Speaker 1: All the layers are gone. You have that thing and that's it.
Speaker 2: I think it's extremely sad to see that they're really pushing for people to get addicted to that format with the new the new micro dramas they call them. And when I heard about that that it's becoming a gigantic market in China right now, you're talking about billions of dollars. It's it's extremely depressing and everything that can be done to to I mean, I wouldn't say reverse that because it's but to to try to to move away from that trend.
Speaker 3: I think it's really only like the art hew the theater is like we have one in Nationale called the Bellcourt and they will often play thirty five millimeter and sort of the longer frame, wider frame films in the old real style, the way.
Speaker 4: That they're supposed to be played.
Speaker 3: I saw if they live there in that format, and it was really cool.
Speaker 4: It was great.
Speaker 3: But that's being lost with this almost omnipresent takeer this of this ridiculous smartphone.
Speaker 4: I absolutely hate the smartphone.
Speaker 3: I don't know what we can do to stop it, but if you destroy the attention spans, then they're not going to be able to do it. It's actually I think psychologically it's like brain damage to because you can't focus even on I think I read something like attention spans are down to like eight seconds in the younger people. Yeah, so I mean that's it's dystopian. I mean it's Orwellian explicitly. So I don't know what the healing of it is other than too. I always tell people like basic principles. I mean, you have the right idea. I think you guys left the big city. You know, you came out to the country. That's a good thing to do. Home setting is what a lot of people are doing. This is that's great, this is what you're doing. I recommend people look into bitcoin, look into gold, alternative ways to you know.
Speaker 4: Store value.
Speaker 3: I keep trying to tell young guys, because we have a lot of young guys in our audience, to like start to draw down your Internet time, get off of TikTok, especially in those kinds of things, and cut your Internet time down to maybe maximum an hour hour or two hours a day. If you're going to use the internet, only do it for productive purposes. Only try to do like audio. So like when we do podcasts, because we're when we listen to podcasts on the road, it's almost always just audio format, and we try to avoid we don't watch stuff on our phone like movies or anything like that. So I would try to encourage people to continue to do that because everyone else is just sort of stepping into the matrix.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: In fact, all the Silicon Valley people themselves don't let their kids live on the internet, have iPads, They fast from the Internet for like extended periods of time. Also, I would say, you know, like you said, get into alternative information. Don't listen to mainstream media. It's a largely psychological operations propaganda anyway. Yeah, and you know, I believe in finding a good church, or Orthodox church in my case, so finding some good spiritual balance in your life as well. All of those things can contribute, I think to healing. As we go into a really.
Speaker 2: Dark time, people only, I think, start to react once they already feel the pain. And that's also one of the the purpose of these phones is to ease the pain. So people are don't really feel the pain as long as they have the iPhones and they have the undepamine and stuff, so that then they don't find a good reason to change really anything.
Speaker 3: I recommend people get back to reading books. Read the classics of Western civilization and read philosophy. Read these kinds of texts, get into good literature. Literature is something that people think is like, oh, that's what chicks read or whatever. No, no, no, like Oprah's book list is not literature, right. You need to read the classics. You need to be familiar with Shakespeare, you need to be familiar with Homer, with Dante. You know, all these things should be part of a well rounded man's education and all that's been lost so by design. By the way, Berts and Russell said that we'll have to get rid of reading the classics because the classics might inspire you to be adventurous, and he says, you can't be adventurous in the dystopia and the technocracy.
Speaker 1: So books.
Speaker 2: That's why we want to also create this publishing company to publish, like you know, public domain, very very important books like I don't know, top of my head, like even read the car March, because you know the notion of communism. It's interesting that you know, everybody you know in America communist is the enemy, but most.
Speaker 1: People they don't even know what it means.
Speaker 2: You talk about communism in France means something completely different, and of course you go to Russia it means something completely different, and in China it means something completely different. And the only way to understand the soblety is which not even subleties at this point, because some people see something completely different in their mind because they don't know. It's important that people start reading to go to the root of things and try to understand. But the problem that does so much, you know, so where to start. So that's why I think I really like this French thinker and Soil because he's doing a lot of the educational thing with his publishing company. But in France, the thing is that people read more. In general, I think on culture. Like I was telling my wife the other day, like culture is part of the culture in France.
Speaker 4: Here.
Speaker 2: I mean, we discover in the festival that it wasn't really that. When I see a movie. Now I don't see the movie anymore. I see why the movie was made, you know, That's what I was saying earlier, like that film is just the reflection of its financing. And we were playing a very interesting movie about art that was made by a friend, and then it's about an artist, and what the movie says is that the piece of art is the reflection of who the author is. And now for movies, it's not really true anymore because it's the reflection of who financed the movie. Talking about Zionism, for example, when I saw recently Rebel Moon.
Speaker 1: You've seen that it's a film.
Speaker 2: About Hollywood Jewish power controlling the narrative.
Speaker 1: It's a movie. Watch it because it's a case study. Almost.
Speaker 2: It's so blatant in your face that that you know you have the bad dad is the white people, and then the the diversity to push. All the good people are all the colors of Bennetta and and.
Speaker 3: They are the good guys, the rainbow coalition as who overthrows And then you can see all this agenda and then you know it's made by entirely that that power.
Speaker 2: That was like fascinating, And then very few people actually see that narrative. When they watch the movie, they see they see the work aspect of it, but they don't go beyond beyond.
Speaker 4: They say it's walk.
Speaker 2: But the way it works, in my opinion, is that the work aspect is everywhere, so people don't even pay attention to it anymore. I think the time factor. People don't usually take it into consideration, and everything takes a lot of time to get to where it's going.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I wrote and as Ali with three, which is about to come out a rot a whole section kind of analyzing Black Mirror in depth, because Black Mirror moved from being a very potent critique of technocracy in the first couple of seasons to becoming more and more woke, and then it turned into basically almost like a racial resentmt revenge narrative where black people oppressed people could then sort of enact their fantasies upon their oppressors, especially in one of the later episodes, which is just totally like deviated away from you know, the original sort of what was his name, Charlie Brooker's critiques of like Tony Blair and uh David Cameron government that then turned into everything being totally woke. So now the idea, I think is that, you know, Schpengler talked about if you open the borders and you let everyone come in, what happens is eventually the people that come in take over, and that can be by design.
Speaker 1: So it can be it is right.
Speaker 3: Well, I think when he was writing he was kind of like, I don't think he knew necessarily how bad it could get, I think, but I mean his prediction about the Client the West was pretty accurate in terms of how it would happen. And what's funny is that that text, which is a kind of a formative historical geopolitical text, people like Kissinger wrote dissertations on that book that kind of became a game plan because early on at Tavistok they studied decline of the West as a way to actually.
Speaker 4: Decline the West.
Speaker 3: It wasn't written as a manual, but then they figured out actually what he's talking about could be a means, and then you get people like Kundenhof Kolergi. In his book Practical Idealism, he says basically the same pattern of how massive open borders could could totally change the entire demographic of all of the West. So that's a big part of it, and the films have to promote that. For example, in America, we've had so many films promoting the idea that all of the immigrants are sort of heroic, noble savior people.
Speaker 4: And then everybody who.
Speaker 3: Wants to have like a wall or a border or anything like that the oppress of Nazi, fascist, et cetera, which is just crazy because I mean, China has a giant wall around it, like they built a wall. Does that make them fascist? I mean, it's just it doesn't make any sense. Everything's divorced from its actual historical.
Speaker 4: Context and meaning. But that's postmodern, right.
Speaker 3: I Mean, I was having a conversation the other day with some people about symbols and memes, and they were pointing out that the meme magic is actually in the same applies to cinema as iconography, like you can now through the postmodern deconstructionist attitude, like you can give it its own meaning. Meaning isn't something that you're studying and getting. You're just importing your own meaning into it. And that means that they can retool the archetypes to socially engineer. I'm reading Changing Image as a Man right now, and there's a whole chapter on retooling archetypes for the culture. So it's like cultural Marxist studies in retooling the culture to make everybody complacent, masculated, you know, all the stuff that the left wants is actually a social engineering weapon.
Speaker 4: Yeah, as you know.
Speaker 3: But I mean it's just like it's crazy to see textbooks actually kind of.
Speaker 4: Describe the process.
Speaker 3: Yes, so it's not just us theorizing about it, Like, no, there's an actual textbook that tells.
Speaker 1: To go back to the movies.
Speaker 2: I remember that year when they gave the Oscar for Best Picture to Parasite, and it's like it shows the total nonsense of Hollywood because it's a Korean movie that has absolutely nothing to do as the best picture in an American competition.
Speaker 1: My theory on.
Speaker 2: That is that I believe that there are most likely deals and the oscars and affection there are deals from countries to countries like Korea.
Speaker 1: Maybe has helped America.
Speaker 2: America says okay, we're gonna yeah, let's give an oscar.
Speaker 4: It becomes propaganda for preser.
Speaker 1: Yeah exactly.
Speaker 2: And it helps, you know, because at this point and we're very close to all the film markets. They had to understand because it's also part of why film films get made or not. And it's interesting to see like it gave a huge boost to Korean movies because of that, and so that was great for the whole Korean industry. Interesting, and people don't understand that the Oscars, they are not giving the oscar to the best act it's for the They're awarding people who are the best soldiers for the established system. The systems right, They're there to promote this and that, and actors, some of them they really believed that they were the best actors.
Speaker 4: And that's always what was it last year?
Speaker 3: I mean, I don't really care for musicals, but I mean I could recognize that the trans musical was was I mean, I heard some of the singing.
Speaker 4: It was preposterous.
Speaker 3: But they gave the word to that over Wizard of Oz, which had you know, like actual singers, and which is again it's only done right for like the oppression Olympics to give awards, right, who's the most oppressed.
Speaker 4: So yeah, that's all by design.
Speaker 3: I mean all of these awards, all of these things, including Nobel, I mean all that stuff is really given to Remember they gave the Nobel to Obama and what he was like he was doing like drone attacks, and they're giving.
Speaker 4: The Peace Prize.
Speaker 3: So yeah, it's all that's all propaganda. But I didn't even know or about about the whole relationship between you know, the Korean film market. I remember when Parasite one and then.
Speaker 2: Because why would this movie, Yeah, it's a decent movie, I think it was. It was a pretty good movie. That yeah, I don't think it was as good as they was saying. But but why would they suddenly out of nowhere give Best Picture to a film that's from Korea?
Speaker 4: You know, it's a kind of globalism already, right, I mean, like, but.
Speaker 1: There is a selection for so why you know?
Speaker 2: To me, like they did the same with the artist, I think not did he want the artists. I think it did same thing, so there's probably like some deals with I mean, that's what I suspect to be wrong. Have you seen this movie called American Maid with some cruise.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we did the podcast.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the year it was released. I thought that was probably one of the best themes of the year. That's great and it was completely on the radar. That movie was not that should have been nominated for an oscar in my opinion.
Speaker 3: Yeah, based on real real you know, espionage US.
Speaker 2: And it's completely crazy, very when you know that actually happened. I mean it's probably not exactly like that, but you know, a general concept that happens, what's going on.
Speaker 1: This movie should have.
Speaker 2: Been a huge success and people should be learning from that movie, so we don't do the same ever again.
Speaker 1: And yet yeah, we are.
Speaker 4: To under the radar area. I thought it was great.
Speaker 3: Remember we did a podcast at the time, and I actually had the guy that wrote a couple of books on very Seal. When that movie came out, he mailed me his books on very Seal.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I really enjoyed the film.
Speaker 4: I thought it was a lot of fun. I like Kevin Sorbo, never met him, so it was nice to talk to him. Yeah, I enjoyed your approach.
Speaker 3: It's it's satire, it's meta, it's it's playing with you know, reality, and it's almost surrealist in a way. I enjoyed the influences that you have have some you know, your influences are a lot of directors that I really enjoy. So Jamie and I talked about we're going to do a podcast on your movie and other films like it, so I kind of group it together thematically. When we do podcasts on film, we usually put them in a thematic framework, so we'll have that in there and you know, have you guys on.
Speaker 4: If you want to come on and do an interview or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, of course.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I enjoyed the film. I want to promote it. I think.
Speaker 3: The way Kevin Sorbo that had that great line, you know, how will they know what's real?
Speaker 4: You know, they don't know what reality is. How are they going to know? So the film is playing with reality, and that's perfect.
Speaker 3: Because we don't know what reality is, especially through this mainstream media matrix, and people are given a false reality, so they don't know what reality is. Yeah, and that character in the film is basically saying we can give people a fake reality.
Speaker 5: Okay, so in the story, the writer named Chris, I thought some of the characters could have real life names like us to keep it a bit more authentic and grounded in reality. We could even say at the beginning of the film that this movie is based on real events?
Speaker 6: But is it?
Speaker 7: Is it? What?
Speaker 6: Based on reality?
Speaker 7: Yeah? Yeah, I mean kind of.
Speaker 8: But how will the audience know it's based on reality if they don't know what reality you're talking about?
Speaker 5: Well, because the reality of the story is based on our reality, which then becomes the reality of the movie. Sorry, you've got me a fitm.
Speaker 6: It's my fault. I'm sorry. Please please continue.
Speaker 2: And we didn't even have time to touch up about the topic of AI. But it's two or two as we'll do that next time.
Speaker 3: Well, I was going to say on the topic of AI, I did read you know to and lecture through a couple of Jacques Attalie books, who's you know, the Kissinger of France. He's a total globalist, but his books are really interesting because they admit so much. I tell you everything you need to know everything, right, So in Brief History of the Future, he actually says, we will create the global brain. Everybody will be sort of integrated with AI. It'll be a giant hes A column. Yeah, he says, it's a column. So he's telling you quite a bit.
Speaker 2: And we have a line about that even in Vampire Project, when at some point he said, if you listen carefully, people tell you everything you need to know.
Speaker 4: I'm just messing with you.
Speaker 1: My mom is not alive.
Speaker 6: It's just my wife and I live here.
Speaker 7: See, if you listen carefully, sometimes people will tell you everything you want to know.
Speaker 1: It's like and we have so many lines.
Speaker 2: One was recorded here actually, when when he brings the dress and he says.
Speaker 5: When you think about it, how else could this have happened? Somebody snuck in and hit it in our bed?
Speaker 2: Are you telling me it happened that way because it happened that way, or because he told you it happen that way, because you can explain why just about anything like that. And there's a lot of lines in the movie that talk about like a lot of different things that should resonate. And I think we're still going to add on the movie that it's happened in twenty twenty or twenty twenty one to because there are lines that resonated much better about the whole natural causes when people die, you know the recapitation and say, yeah, it was said it was natural causes.
Speaker 6: She was found dead on despair.
Speaker 5: Okay, that's pretty typical, right, Old folks die in their sleep all the time. It's actually not a bad way to go. You go to sleep alive, you wake up to bed.
Speaker 9: Take The only difference is they never have found her head when she died. Oh my bad, that he's dead.
Speaker 5: What do you mean they never found her head.
Speaker 6: She was found dead on this bed.
Speaker 9: At least found the body, but no one had She had no family, so no one knew she had died.
Speaker 7: That qualifies as murder, then, doesn't it.
Speaker 5: I mean, people naturally die in their sleep all the time, but nobody gets natural decapitated in their sleep.
Speaker 6: Well, I know that no one she was performed because she had no family, and the.
Speaker 9: Death certificate it says that she just died of natural causes.
Speaker 6: Officially, it's not a manda. Natural causes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, at the time, the world's natural causes. At the time of COVID, they had a you know, the different meaning and the movie a few years later we kind of lose that a little bit.
Speaker 4: I think people can still like I still got it.
Speaker 1: Yeah you got what it was.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but.
Speaker 3: Yes, very timely and I really enjoyed it and it was great to be here, and yeah, we should talk about more of the more of what Jacquetta Lee talks about his text and all that. I think it was a French Canadian watcher viewer of my stuff that actually said, hey, this is maybe five or six years old, said you should read Brief History of the Future because Alto wrote this in two thousand and six and it basically predicts everything in terms of where we are now.
Speaker 2: If you read The Great Reset by clouds Now the French guy actually and if you read that, they tell you everything in exactly and then that's time to do something about it.
Speaker 4: That's exactly. That's why we're here. Absolutely, Thank you so great, Thank you so much day.
Speaker 2: We appreciate it, and it's and let's continue that next time.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 7: Done.
Speaker 6: So what's next?
Speaker 7: We go get some money and make a movie. I wish it would let you be.
Speaker 6: It could be best friend's calling. Ali has good timing.
Speaker 7: How's everything going in Mississippi? The Happy you moved out? Of La couldn't be happier.
Speaker 6: I received a call yesterday from this gentleman.
Speaker 7: He used to live in LA but recently.
Speaker 6: Then not too far from you.
Speaker 7: I believe he wants to finance a horrible.
Speaker 5: This is where they shot the film The Vampire Project.
Speaker 7: The plot thickens.
Speaker 6: You must speak this.
Speaker 9: I am recently, but some properties in the area, they would be a perfect place to shoot a.
Speaker 6: Help or to film it.
Speaker 7: Oh like what they did here.
Speaker 6: It's more complicated place. Looks like they need an extracism like for these houses. These two properties were scenes of violent murders.
Speaker 5: I'm not saying anything about a murder that happened in that house, Philip, this guy is just full of shit most.
Speaker 9: Likely, but is our best bet at getting some money short term.
Speaker 6: Okay, why don't you put in your wife?
Speaker 7: How does he know that I'm married? Where is he taking us? Is this a castle?
Speaker 6: Such a pleasure to me?
Speaker 7: Janey, did you say somebody was killed in us? Why don't we write a script based on some of the stories?
Speaker 6: He told me, thinking motivate vampire moment.
Speaker 7: He wore a mask during the day, he takes it off at night. He's told me about a million times, how much he likes vampires.
Speaker 6: Do not tell me you actually believe he's a vampire.
Speaker 7: Doesn't it seem a little strange? What's going on? Man? How's the pitch?
Speaker 6: You'll see it's a vampire story, right.
Speaker 7: I had a different idea to go in a different direction. It's based in reality.
Speaker 8: How can the audience know it's based on reality if they don't know what reality you're talking about?
Speaker 9: Please make vampire have no idea where this is going?
Speaker 1: What was that?
Speaker 6: How does it end?
Speaker 7: Not one under sure yet?
Speaker 4: Sounds complicated.