Speaker 1: You'll be like a dummy bit it's the internet. You're busy.
Speaker 2: Let's do this for October tenth, twenty twenty four. For the next hour or so, let me help you sort through the world of gaming on Game Mess Mornings Live with me Jeff Grub. Today, Nintendo has a mysterious new feature. It's testing for Switch online. You know what that means me versus back.
Speaker 1: But first please join me and welcoming today's co host the Game Mess Mornings. It's Jane A Shoa. Dan. How are you doing?
Speaker 3: Uh a completely abysmal grub everything down the toilet.
Speaker 1: But that's okay, we're here. It's good right now at least.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's good in this moment and everything going down the toilet is trying to find a silver lining struggling.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Hey, Nintendo made a clock yesterday. They didn't make it to me.
Speaker 2: They made a clock that I did pre order it because I'm a sucker kind of not beating the allegations, and everyone's like these guys handing there a Nintendo and then I'm just like leaning into it.
Speaker 1: Like yeah, let me buy the clock.
Speaker 2: You Hey, silver lining looking good in your giant bomb jersey.
Speaker 3: Oh thank you available at store dot giant bomb dot com. Margaret, I swear we'll answer your emails today.
Speaker 2: Everything I did, I did see that. Yes, we will get to that today. We promise, all right, I'm out to Margaret. I don't think we've talked about Margaret. Yeah, shouts out to Margaret. Margaret is the person that works at Fandom that has like taken charge of helping us out with merch and she makes it very simple, Like we wanted to do the bwek shirt and she's like, do you want to do it embroidered? I'm like, oh yeah, she's okay, just get me an embroidery file. So I figured that out. But then I just handed it to her and everything else.
Speaker 1: Just got a bwek.
Speaker 2: Shirt up on the store and that was a lot of fun and we can like all the time. She's very helpful with that stuff and like very willing to be like, no, if you want to do an idea, we'll help you out.
Speaker 1: So it's been great, so great.
Speaker 3: I assume that we're the weirdest people that she works with at the company.
Speaker 1: Yeah, very patient with us, but.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she does not let on to the fact that we are the weirdest people she works with.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, every I do think that it's a little bit of joy every time we do have our monthly merch meetings like that's these hooligans again.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, we bring a little the sunshine. I did not play Echo Point Nova in that meeting. It was very respectful of her. You guys can go to hell. All right, let's explain what we do here most weekdays. I, Jeff Grub, will help piece your gaming life back together. That includes breaking news and maybe even some of our own original reporting. For all these topics, I'll get the input of a bona fide expert who will make me look smart. If you were watching live on twitch welcome. You can always listen to the show later on podcast feeds by searching for Game Mess Mornings, or find the RSS on giant bomb dot com. You can also catch the show later with chapters and timestamps on YouTube.
Speaker 1: Hullo YouTube.
Speaker 2: All right, we have a lot to get into, so let's start the Morning Mess with Nintendo launching mysterious Switch online test soon. Here's how to sign up. This is from Georgiang at GameSpot and actually the sign up just went live now and it's first come first serve. So if you want to get in there, go go do it now. I guess I bet if you google Nintendo's mysterious Switch Online Test sign up, you'll find some pages that will link you to the right thing. Well, that's what I think. That's what we're all listen what we don't know what to call it. It is rather ominous. They won't tell us about, you know what. I just signed up right before we started the show. So let me read what it says to me here Online play Test Application results. So I got my results already about whether or not I'm going to be in the test, it says grub and then in bold letters selected, So I've been selected for the test. Now if it is it turns out to be a hunger game situation, while I'm all for that, that sounds a good time. Oh yeah, of course I would do that.
Speaker 1: But you know whatever.
Speaker 2: It then goes on to say thank you for applying for the Nintendo Switch Online play Test program. And again, if you're listening to this and you're like, what is the test, we don't know, we don't know. These are the few details we do have. We will provide detailed guidance on how to participate along with the download code for the software, so it is a separate software package they're going to deliver that you need to go into to experience this stuff, and they said they'll provide it on this application bit page come back on October twentieth. Okay, In terms of what else they've said about this thing, it's hard to really parse anything other than you need to be a Nintendo Switch Online Plus Expansion Pack member, so you've got to be a paid member on the top tier to test this. That might not be indicative of what it is. Maybe they just want to limit it to that audience, but maybe it is indicative of like, oh no, it's going to be for that audience as well. But at the very least, no, they're just testing it. There's also like you need to be in certain countries, things like that. People are speculating though, they're trying to figure out what what is this? What could it be? There's a lot of theories out there, but no one seemed Nathan Hate Okay, he's a Nintendo leaker, thinks it's GameCube streaming. That seems to be one of the possibilities. It could be cloud games streaming where and that you know, that lines up with it being a separate app, right, because the Super Nintendo games are in its own app, some of the other ones are in their own apps. And then now you go get the Nintendo GameCube cloud streaming one. Maybe that makes sense. Other possibilities is family library sharing. Now does that make sense with a separate app? Well, maybe it's a different version of some existing app or something like that. Could be a social platform could actually be something like the me verse. Could be remote play together, something we see on Steam and PlayStation where you can stream your game from your console to your friend and then you guys could play basically couch co op but online evements. Yeah, maybe we'll see Nintono has had done it yet. Uh And that's all I have written here.
Speaker 1: What do you think jan cloud streaming makes the most sense to me? Seems very possible. Yeah, other.
Speaker 3: Nintendo has always been very weird and very guarded about having social platforms. I mean the closest we had, at least on the switch is like the Splatoon three lobbies with everyone's like little like speech bubble tags.
Speaker 1: I could grub. What if this is the return of street passing? Could be street passing? Could be the next gen Street Pass. Uh.
Speaker 2: I mean I would love something like that, something weird, but it just seems so like odd for it to appear at this point and the Nintendo switches life. But I mean that doesn't mean it couldn't carry forward.
Speaker 1: To the switch too. Obviously a lot of the technology is going to be in there.
Speaker 3: I h okay putting my conspiracy theory had on and getting rid of like the bad ones like making up hurricanes. I am Nintendo notoriously very I don't want to say bad, but odd with their online decisions. They're limiting this to they're not advertising what this is at all, and they're limiting it to their top tier of subscribers already. I think it makes the most sense grub for this to just be like, hey, we're just trying to limit access to and test out some type of multiplayer thing. Now what that multiplayer thing is? I could see this being that thing you were talking about of that remote playing together like that was a big thing on the Nintendo DS. Like if you were if you were the friend where you didn't have Mario Kart, you just had a friend. You just linked up with your friend wirelessly and you were able to play that game. Maybe they're making a bit push to try and sell more copies of Mario Kart eight Deluxe, and like, hey, if you don't have it, you can play with a friend that has it, because twelve of your friends definitely have Mario Kart eight and maybe you'll be hooked and want to buy Mario cart eight Deluxe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a kind and like that. That's something that.
Speaker 2: Would feel like it would be a future worth a like pointing out because they are so intent on making party style games that haven't had the most robust, like actual online features. So if you take some of these games that worked better as couch co op games, and then especially throughout the Switch, they have better online in the past, but you know, with the Switch, some of those games they could make it so hey, now you can actually enjoy those games with friends remotely, something they might have started working on during the pandemic and now we're just getting it right, so that maybe the timing lines up on all of that. I don't know, it does like it would that be a separate app Maybe again for testing maybe.
Speaker 1: Right, but for a separate app.
Speaker 2: I do think that does make it sound like, yeah, maybe some new console for Nintendo Switch Online's you know, classic console collections. Maybe that does make sense. And GameCube and streaming, do you begin to worry about quality of Nintendo's network, which of course I think we all should, but there are examples of when they're a little bit better at it and if they are making a stink about it. There has been word there also that they've been investing in it and improving it a little bit over time. Maybe this is the first real example of that. Still though I think that's probably not how I'm going to want to play GameCube games, right.
Speaker 3: I assume them having this very limited and like last minute sign up process is them conceding that if this is the GameCube streaming thing that we're talking about, that it isn't fully completely there yet. So we do want to stress test this with a smaller test group before we roll it out big or even seeing if that's the method that they're approaching it from right now, is something that is feasible to a mid sized audience.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, in terms of something they would need to test as well with Like, so, I guess there's like ten thousand people that they're letting in and it's all apparently it's also already full, like it just the sign ups just started fifteen.
Speaker 1: Minutes ago, something they would need to test. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I could see cloud streaming making sense remote play together beyond that, though, I don't know.
Speaker 3: The more I'm thinking about it, like maybe it could be some type of social platform. Maybe this is something they want to start testing now before the switch to launches.
Speaker 1: Maybe it is another me vers type of deal.
Speaker 3: Mate, like he'd always felt like Nintendo left a lot on the table with animal crossing.
Speaker 1: This on this console generation. M hmm.
Speaker 3: I'm not saying that this is going to be like new animal crossing thing, but maybe this is like you visit a friend's world, you visit a friend's.
Speaker 1: Me space, we space switch to space, whatever we're gonna call you. Maybe you visit another friend's clock. All right, clock visiting sounds great. Yeah, what you got going on in your clock? It's just pickming four again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I could see a a social platform that doesn't like involve.
Speaker 1: I mean, maybe the app is Discord.
Speaker 2: I mean maybe it's Discord, Like maybe that's maybe they're just like, hey, actually Discord is on the switch now and you could just download it and we worked with them and and you're gonna have to download that separately to get it to work. But we need people to test it to see if it actually can function with all this other stuff with a certain number of people playing games at once.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I think that would maybe not be very Nintendo.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I Nintendo like teamed up with not dot Emu.
Speaker 1: Who was it in Japan? Line was it Lyne.
Speaker 2: In Japan's the name of the company that was supposed to do like their internet back end and provide some of the social services on the switch, And that never really seemed to pan out into anything that mattered, and so they have been willing to partner in the past.
Speaker 1: It's never turned in anything.
Speaker 2: Maybe they're like, well, this time, we should just get a partner that we know already does this and does it in a way that everyone else finds acceptable. So maybe they could turn to someone like Discord. I don't really think that's what it is, though, I guess all that's it. I mean, we said what we think it could be. What do you want it to be? What is the thing you most would want to see on the switch?
Speaker 3: I don't know, grub maybe it bricks your switch and it just becomes a clock that you wear around your neck.
Speaker 1: It turns out this whole time.
Speaker 3: If you reverse the joy cons and then put the safety straps together, you can just wear it as a watch.
Speaker 1: Yep. Maybe the time the switch has been actually flexible and we just didn't know.
Speaker 2: There's a little pendulums in there that can keep time and stuff inside the joy cons. Absolutely yeah, uh yeah, I I guess personally, I'm not sure. I think I would for a social media platform actually, like me verse, like, I'm not.
Speaker 1: Joking that stuff was fun.
Speaker 2: I think yeah, Nintendo's like heavy handed approach kind of could make that like, oh, they only allow fun stuff on here. And then there's the occasional weird sadness of the one kid tweeting my dad just left or whatever so's and that's like, holy crap, this is weird, but weird in a very odd and again odd ball Nintendo way. Yeah, me Verse ruled, I missed that thing, so I would like that to come back, don't again, don't. Maybe I don't really think that's what this is either. I probably lean towards what Nathan Hate saying, a GameCube streaming from the cloud option sture.
Speaker 1: I mean the logistics of that.
Speaker 2: They like reselling game cube games, they like, you know, remastering them and selling them, selling them to us for forty to fifty to sixty dollars depending on what the game is, and that seems like it's pretty good business because those games often go on to sell a million to three million copies.
Speaker 1: That's a lot of money.
Speaker 2: It's maybe quite a bit more money than Oh now more people want to sign up for Nintendo Switch Online. Well, a lot of people already do sign up for that to play Mario Kart Online or whatever or Splatoon. Are you really getting that much more from them by offering these other services? So I my understanding is Nintdo always wants they just keep selling us those games again. So that's why I'm a little bit like, what what actually ends up on a GameCube cloud streaming service? I mean, is it just these other games from We're Jaliko and Majestico. Is still making GameCube games? I don't think they made many, if they did any.
Speaker 1: You can't put a just dance on a GameCube.
Speaker 2: Gro Yeah, yeah, I don't know. I think that in terms of what it looks like from the rest of those Nintendo Switch Online console offerings where it's like, we're just kind of doing the old Nintendo games at this point, and then the occasional weird third party partner. No one big is really supporting that all that much anymore. It's certainly not you know, CAPCOMs and Square inoxes and stuff like that. So what actually would come out of a GameCube service, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Also, folks at home, temper your expectations, y'all, Oh, yeah, for sure. Don't work yourselves into a shoot that and get upset when this is revealed to be like, maybe it is just Discord or Nintendo's weird version of Discord.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, could be bad Discord, right, that's a very likely scenario here. It is just a the phone app that they made for phones now just runs natively on the switch and still sucks, and nobody wants to use it.
Speaker 1: So they made sharing screenshots very difficult now versus how it used to be. That's maybe that's what you did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think their own way of sharing screenshots.
Speaker 1: That'd be great.
Speaker 3: Maybe, uh hey, maybe we just it's it's a game boy camera, maybe it's a switch camera.
Speaker 1: Well, that's that would be awesome, I think.
Speaker 2: Then chaperone noticed someone's recording her concert with a three DS recently and called it out, that's fun. She liked it, called it out in a good way. Too young to know what that is, right, That's what I think. That's what it was happening. Was She's like, what are you recording with? That's that's weird. Yeah, But I mean, I don't think she's too young to know what a three DS is. That probably would have been something when she like, yeah, it was a young kid, but it would have been around for quite some while back then, for quite some time back then.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: Speaking of Nintendo and being weird in Japan, the Nintendo Soundclock Alarmo is already sold out. Future sales will will require a lottery. This is from my Nintendo News. It turns out the recently announced one hundred dollars interactive alarm clock, the Nintendo Soundclock pull an alarmo from Nintendo, has proved to be a success in the land of the Rise and Sun, as My Nintendo Store has suspended sales due to high demand. The company says that they will be switching to a lottery type system, which is common in Japan. They're actually doing a lottery system for that mystery test as well. Nintendo said in a message that they will continue to progressively increase production. Due to the extremely large number of orders we have received, we are currently suspending sales at Mind Nintendo Store. We are preparing to change the Mind Nintendo stores sales method to a lottery for Nintendo Switch Online subscribers, So please be patient. Yeah, I mean, I wonder how many of these things they were planning to make in the first place.
Speaker 1: But also I mean I bought it.
Speaker 2: I think Dan and Mike also got it, so they are getting the suckers. And then in Japan, there's a lot of people just love Nintendo stuff and it has it has the stuff that is popped off recently in Japan from Nintendo, that being you know, Pickman is one thing that was very popular in Japan. Splatoon astronomically popular in Japan, and that was also on there. So I think people are just like, no, we love that stuff, give us anything that has that stuff in it. So kind of maybe helps illuminate why Nintendo does these kinds of things sometimes.
Speaker 3: Right one hundred percent, I feel like, you know, uh, Japan will match Nintendo's freak as well. As the Nintendo marks out there. And I say that affectionately. I I think it's just hilarious that it's if Sony, if PlayStation made a clock that watched you while you slept, that was kind of not poorly made, but just oh, that's interesting. That screen doesn't even match out match with like the black of the clock. It looks like it's a it's a bad line lineup job. Why not make the whole circular screen the screen, yep? Or like I guess Xbox made the fridge, but that was a goof.
Speaker 1: They made a toaster too, right, I can't remember, Yeah, going right.
Speaker 3: I think we would clown on it more. But when Nintendo does it, it's like, well that's quaint. What do you what are you guys doing?
Speaker 1: Why?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it feels like this is in line with the weirdness we expect from Nintendo, So it's not such.
Speaker 1: A deviation from the mean.
Speaker 2: Where uh when, Yes, if Sony was try and like get cute, we'll be like, you're a consumer electronics company, just stick stay in your lane a little bit. But uh yeah, yeah, so I agree the Nintendo gets a little bit more leeway here, for sure, But also, you know, they're they're doing it in the cute and fun way that a lot of their audience seemingly wants. So, you know, not you know, said the fridge, they did that as a goof a lot of people bought that fridge. That fridge is also still on sale. They you can go get one of Target now, I think, so like there's been a certain level of popularity.
Speaker 1: For that as well. Yeah, I I've got one.
Speaker 2: I did buy it before I realized that it's like if there's two people in the bed, it doesn't work as well. You have to like you can't do the motion thing because the person that remains in bed will be like they keep setting it off, So you just got to actually just turn it into a normal alarm clock.
Speaker 1: Or with a button, So what loses some of the charm.
Speaker 2: Also, you know I'm saying all this, I'm almost certainly going to use it a couple of times and then give it to one of the kids.
Speaker 1: Probably that'll probably be how this thing actually goes.
Speaker 2: So h it's one like I'm excited to buy it because again sucker excited to have it or use it. That is a whole different discussion. Actually, I mean, I I.
Speaker 3: Could see a lot of folks, just you know, the collectors out there wanting this is a like a new weird piece of tech from Nintendo that may disappear in a little bit. Uh, let me go put this next to my labbo and my ring Fit we Fit.
Speaker 2: We've ring ring Fit Ring ring Fit. Yeah, the ring Fit Adventure ring Yeah, one of those.
Speaker 3: Yeah, grub, here's here's my I still have a conspiracy theory, please hat on. What if Nintendo is just testing the desire for a time telling device and they gotcha at home?
Speaker 1: Now what if they got you everywhere else? What if they were follow I'm still on it.
Speaker 3: Crub I one hundred, still on the watch WATCHO.
Speaker 1: Watcho's a pretty good name, actually, I like that. Uh it's we gotta read the tea leaves, greb.
Speaker 2: We do we gotta, we gotta do some work here. We gotta go use our creative juices.
Speaker 1: Also, this is just me thinking.
Speaker 3: Nintendo is gauging what gadget do We has kind of disappeared from modern society. I can't remember the last time I had a friend say, man.
Speaker 1: I got this new alarm clock. Dog, check it out. We have alarm clocks. They're called phones. Yeah exactly. I'm trying to think.
Speaker 3: What else do I did I have around my house that Nintendo could just take over?
Speaker 1: That weird appliance market sure, a analog or a wired telephone, like just so something you put on your wall. Yeah, it'll only you only get calls from Warrio and Reggie Fiesime.
Speaker 3: All right, greb if I don't get my watch, if I do not get my Nintendo Nintendo switched to Watch Wearable, all right, this is my new desire and Nintendo, Doug, get ready to cut the check.
Speaker 1: Nintendo walkie talkies, imagine.
Speaker 2: That, nintend Sorry the kids talk to me right when you said the thing? What was Nintendo?
Speaker 1: What walkie talkies? Listen? I love walkie talkies. I'm grown man, of course I love walkie talkies.
Speaker 3: You bust you pop out one of the new joy cons Walko Tacos. Right, you bust out one of the joy cons. You're like, yo, grub, where are you at? And then you bust out your other joy Con. I'm like, I'm right behind you, Jim.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so walkie talkies that are also joy cons that you connect to your Yeah, okay, I'm fully on board for that yeah, that rules.
Speaker 1: Let's do someone send me the money please.
Speaker 2: A little update about the Nintendo Switch online test thing. It's a two point two gigabyte download, so it's like, oh, that sounds a bit big. Maybe for cloud streaming. Maybe not, who the hell knows. It's probably right in line. There's no maybe we can't glean too.
Speaker 1: Much from that.
Speaker 2: But Nintendo does recommend using TV mode and a wired connection during the test.
Speaker 1: It's clad streaming.
Speaker 2: That's like claud streaming to me, actually, but again we'll see, uh, maybe it's like a voice connection or something like that. So and then when you have a wired connection, but we will find out not too long. In fact, about ten days, we'll have a good idea of what's going on there. Okay, let's keep moving here, actually know what, Let's take a quick test or a quick breaks you mean. Then we'll come back and we'll talk about October's PlayStation Plus games.
Speaker 1: We'll talk about Overwatch Mobile and more. Right after this wake up jam, we got more news. Sorry I didn't have my alarmo yet asleep. I'll send you mine.
Speaker 2: October's PlayStation Plus game catalog and classic titles have been announced. This is from Tom IBN ATVGC Sony has revealed October twenty twenty fourth PlayStation Plus game catalog and classic titles unlock.
Speaker 1: Unlike October's PlayStation Plus Essential games, which are available for all subscribers.
Speaker 2: To claim, game catalogs, downloadable PS four and PS five titles are only available for Extra and Premium tier members. Those essential games, by the way, our WWE two K twenty four, Dead Space, the PS five to one and Dopey Doky Literature Club Plus. For PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium. Both of those subscriber tiers will get Dead Island two two point Campus, The Dark Pitcher's anthology, The Devil in Me Greece. Grease is how we say that one return to Monkey Island, Ghostbusters, Spirits Unleashed fire Fighting Simulator, The squad Over Past two, Tour de France twenty twenty three, and Tom Clancy's Ghost recon Wildlands. That is yeh, says poster or the Astrakiers PlayStation Plus release re Release Okay, then PlayStation Plus Premium tier. It's the highest tier. That's the one that gets the classic games. Those classic games include The Last Clockwinder. It's actually a PSVR two game of r two game, which I guess maybe those are also locked a premium tier. Seems like it h Dino Crisis, A Siren, and Our Type Dimensions ex. I guess that Siren is a improved version of because apparently it was still playable previously through through the service, but it didn't work very well. And apparently now this is gonna be a PS five version or updated version, so that'll.
Speaker 1: Fix some of those issues for some people. I suppose sounds pretty good. You you subscribe to PlayStation Plus these days. Here's the thing, Grub, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Every time we cover one of these stories, I forget which one I'm subscribed to, let alone if I am subscribed to one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think what I did is I did just see me get charged for Xbox Game Pass Ultimate the other day on my PAYE Okay, I'm still paying for that. And then I know recently and I forget what I was trying to play. I was trying to play something online on the PlayStation five and I just.
Speaker 1: Said, screw it.
Speaker 2: I bought a whole year of I think still still to this day, don't know if I've played one of these classic games on the PS five.
Speaker 3: One hundred percent same boat. M hmm, well, oh, I acknowledge that that is a user problem versus how PlayStation has been handling it, because whenever they do announce the last couple of months, at least whenever they do announce this PlayStation Plus line up, people do get pretty juiced and excited over what is getting added.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, people seem to be pretty happy with these services now, especially the Extra Tier. The Extra Tier ISA has continued to be a pretty good deal for most people, especially if you don't have a lot of these games that are getting added to the back catalog library.
Speaker 3: One hundred percent and I it's it's it's cool seeing games perhaps getting a second life on the PlayStation four and PS five like Dead Island two.
Speaker 1: I didn't really have any problems with it was just solid.
Speaker 3: Ran out of yeah, just ran out of time. I'm not familiar with this Dark Pictures game. A two point campus is a solid one of those. It's so funny, Grub to think about how many kart racers there are on different platforms, like Over Past two.
Speaker 1: I'd never heard of it in a car racer game. It's like a ATV racing game, right, Okay, yes, I've ever seen this before, like ATV's Yeah, so pretty good library.
Speaker 2: As people point out, like the extra tier also get some good indies on day one, So yeah, that's probably where I should be. But I'm like, I do the thing and do the medium popcorrn thing. Well, I'm already spending this much money and it's only that much more to get the premium tier. I should just do that and I should go play I think they put mister Mosquito on the service the month previous month. I should go play that on there. That's what I should do with my time and the money I've already given them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, alright.
Speaker 2: Overwatch Mobile is apparently in development at Blizzard, according to Jason Schreyer's book. This is from Javier Escrebano at Game Reactor. Overwatch franchise has had more downs than ups recently, with the cancelation of Overwatch two's PV mode, which was actually the main draw of the sequel, as well as the slope in players and player engagement, or the exhaustion of the hero shooter genre as a whole. There's still future to over still a future to Overwatch, though, and one of Blizzard's gambles could end up being very successful. As it has been reported that Overwatch will get a mobile version, is an unclear when that will happen, though the source is this is from Jason Schreyer's book dex Erdo read It so took that as an excerpt to put it, made it into a news story. So might we might lose some context here? That's how these things go. Sometimes we're getting the game of Telephone again. I've pre ordered the book. Mine's not come yet. I think it's going to get here maybe today actually, But yeah, I have not read this myself, so again, could be losing some context. All that said makes a lot of sense because we what do we always say when we talk about, like, when you have one of these shooters, especially a free to play one, you got to be everywhere and that includes mobile, and that an Overwatch is not left out of that conversation, right.
Speaker 3: One hundred percent. I even think that Nintendo's in on this market with Pokemon Unite. I don't know what the player numbers have looked like, if they've like stayed pretty consistent being on mobile and switch and everything, but this just seems like a no brainer, especially if you already have all of those existing assets. Try and squeeze more juice out of people. And there are tons of casual gaming friends that I have that used to play a lot of Modern Warfare two or a different form of Call of Duty that sitting down behind a console in front of their TV became way too much to try and squeeze into their life. But they wound up getting super duper hooked on cod mobile. So I can see that lapsed Overwatch fan that may even have just had that curiosity for a little bit pick this up and be like, okay, all right, I can get down with this.
Speaker 1: I like the little hamster dude. Ye all, there's too many people in this game now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And all that said, there's also no guarantees, right, So it's such a weird space. Add more coffee points out in chat. EA recently pulled Apex from mobile. Is it still worth Is it still worth it for Blizzard to invest? I don't think we know. I don't think they know. I think it's it's kind of a big question because you think you have one of these games that's doing very well put on mobile, it'll just get more players put on Switch. Even Apex Legends never really made any money on Switch. I bet it didn't make that all that much on mobile, but you think, okay, well Overwatch, right, that's got a player base in Asia, and maybe they'll adopt that. Then you look at, like on the ground, how it actually works out. It's like, what's the most popular want of like Shooter on mobile? It's PUBG mobile in Asia.
Speaker 1: It's like, what the heck?
Speaker 2: Why I thought, weren't you guys into like cool, colorful character designs. It's like on PC, sure, yeah, on mobile we want realistic stuff, but it doesn't make any sense in the world. So it is very hard to actually like execute on the strategy to its maximum degree and be like, okay, we put it here, we put it there, and we're going to make as much money and proportionally on this platform as we did there. It doesn't always work out that way. And yet, if they want to grow, you gotta be everywhere. So that's still going to be the motivator here. And even if it doesn't work out, they're still probably gonna try. I mean, obviously they're trying, and that doesn't mean they release it even right, there's a world where we get down the road and we find out this was canceled before ever coming out right.
Speaker 1: Oh, one hundred percent.
Speaker 3: This also lines up with Xbox's whole approach as of late, of like, yeah, let's just be on everything, let's focus less on selling the specific box, and let's just get our games on as many platforms as possible. I can't say that I am personally interested in checking out an Overwatch mobile, but I mean I'll give it a round or two. Do you do you think maybe because that games of Overwatch can be more condensed and much short than like a full game of like a Battle Royale, that this may be more enticing to some people as like, all right, this is just like I have five minutes to kill, let's just jump into a game of Payload real quick.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think I think that's a lot of factors work in its favor. That I do think the character designs are pretty appealing still, and that would help make the game stand out on mobile stores. It's also the kind of thing where this would be a kind of new and splashy. So someone else pointed in chat, yes, scrub a grub. Microsoft keep saying they're doing their own mobile store, right, and this is a Microsoft thing now, So if you're going to launch the Microsoft Gaming Mobile Store in the Android Playstore, which is now something that they Android has to allow to happen.
Speaker 1: Google has to allow that.
Speaker 2: You do so by saying, well, that's where you're gonna get called Duty Mobile. You're gonna get your updates for Candy CROSSAKA, and here's a new over Overwatch mobile game launching on the same day as the store. Sure, all that all that seems in play and so I think this.
Speaker 1: One can work.
Speaker 2: You know how much people are gonna be willing, willing to download a different store and sign up for that and get all that stuff to work.
Speaker 1: Every little hurdle adds a bit of friction that might prevent it from working.
Speaker 2: But that's, you know what. We know how corporations work. They see they see a chance for growth and they have to like buy all in, and they have the toxic positivity and sort of they just got to go in that direction. So I think there's enough of that here to fuel the fire of them actually trying to pull all this off. And yeah, they can also kind of have to figure out something for Overwatch, and this feels like another maybe thing you throw at the wall if it sticks.
Speaker 1: Overwatch has a little bit more.
Speaker 2: Of a future than maybe it does at the moment. Not that it doesn't have a future, that's not really what I'm saying, but yeah, it doesn't feel very strong at the moment. It's future, all right. Here's here's one that made me happy, even though it's not one of the ones that I love, necessarily gives me hope for a bunch of other games. Star Wars Episode one Jedi Power Battles Remastered has been announced for PS five, Xbox Series, PS four, Xbox one, Switch, and PC. This is from sal Romano Atkamatsu Spire, in collaboration with Lucasfilm Games Bring Back LucasArts has announced a remastered version of the two thousand released side scrolling action games a game, Star Wars Episode one, Jedi Power Battles.
Speaker 1: It will launch for.
Speaker 2: PlayStation five, Xbox Series, blah blah blah, all the ones I said before on January twenty third, twenty twenty five, for twenty dollars. The remastered release will feature modern controls, thirteen newly unlocked characters from the beginning, all levels unlocked, the verses in training modes introduced in later releases of the game, and two player couch cooperative play and more. Hey, yeah, let's do this. I mean, I like playing this game. It's just like, you know, definitely not one of my favorites, but this is cool, right.
Speaker 1: One hundred percent? One hundred percent? Who's making this Grub? I missed it Aspire with Lucasfilm Games.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, all right, it's so funny that we talk We've talked so much about Star Wars fatigue and it came to like the launch of Outlaws.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but here's an episode one thing, Grub.
Speaker 2: It feels like it's like two different things a certain point, right, the nostalgia for episode for the prequel trilogy kind of is existing over its own little orb and anything that is coming from Disney right now. I don't feel this way, but anyone, anyone, anything that's coming from Disney feels like an assault on that fun memory that a lot of young people have for that prequel trilogy era.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I love this game. I played an obscene amount of this game. Okay, really it came out. I do not want to see Jedi power battles weaponized by the dumb ass people online of like.
Speaker 1: This is a Star Wars game we all want. Look, kude, there's no girls in it. Yep, yeah, the fuck yeah? I yeah, I hope it could have played.
Speaker 2: Star Wars Bounty Hunter came out right and it's like it didn't get that that treatment. So I hope that, like for the most part, of these games just come out do their thing, people can enjoy them. And really, what this makes me think is, oh, they're even doing Star Wars Episode one Jedi Power Battles that like, is everything on the table now? Like I Aspire keeps like kind of just going through the next one.
Speaker 1: That makes sense.
Speaker 2: And then I think after Star Wars, after Star Wars Bounty Hunters, in fact, including Star Wars Bounty Hunters, I was like, Okay, are they just they're.
Speaker 1: Gonna keep doing this? So does that mean we get like do they start going even further back?
Speaker 2: Do we get like the re releases of Tie Fighter and Rebel Assault and X Wing and stuff like that, And can we get the N sixty four games from Factor five?
Speaker 1: Can we get Rogue Squadron? Can we get a Battle for Naboo? Have they done Phantom Menace?
Speaker 2: I don't think they've done PlayStation one Phantom Menace like that, Like all those would be really excellent to see and it seems like a Spier's team is like willing to do the work to get the rights for these things figured out.
Speaker 1: He just gave me a ratitude moment by saying, fans Menace game on the PS one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I have a real soft spot for that game. It just looks so crunchy in a good satisfying way. If they ported the pod Racing game they they did, I think that was a spire that is, it's not ported everywhere. Like this game just was like, Oh, it's because like you go on Steam to get a pod Racer and it's not the good version. It's like kind of an older version that's been that was released in like the later two thousands I think.
Speaker 1: But if you go on the Switch you get that version and it rules. It's very very good. I've been actually playing that last couple of weeks. I love that game. Very cool.
Speaker 2: So there's still more they could do with something like that, But like the Force Unleashed feels like something that, oh, that might be time to look at.
Speaker 1: Re releasing that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's a bunch of Clone Wars games, even kind of a little bit later, but they've done okay, they've done Republic Commando, the Knights of the Old Republic games Battlefront.
Speaker 1: They did that.
Speaker 2: They did the Jedi games for the most part, Dark Forces and Jedi Academy, Jedi Outcast, I believe, but they've not yet. They've not done Phantom Menace, Rogue Squadron. Let's see, I got a list here. I'm trying to see there's anthing else that really stands out. I mean, obviously the game cube Star Wars games as well. So yeah, have they done Obi Wan for Xbox? Like, Yeah, there's a lot of options here where Like if they are doing Jedi Power Battles, I feel like a lot more of these are on the table.
Speaker 1: Give me Jedi Academy grub.
Speaker 2: Yeah, now did they do because they did Jedi Outcast? Did they do Jedi Academy? So I'm trying to like, I think they I know they did Jedi Outcast, I think, but I can't.
Speaker 1: I know. I feel like they missed one.
Speaker 2: Of those in the Dark Forces series, but I'm not. It's hard to remember all of them either way. I like Star Wars games. I like these this era of Star Wars games. Hopeful that they can kind of keep doing this until they get through the entire lists. Yeah, Rogue Squadron to the game Cube launch game would be fantastic. That's the one I want the most. Imagine that was, Yeah, go ahead, go ahead, No, no, no, I'm just gonna say I don't think.
Speaker 1: I think Nintendo, I think is.
Speaker 2: Involved in publishing those games in some way. So maybe they would only be on Switch, but whatever, I'm not gonna I wouldn't complain about that. I think that would be completely fine. And I think aspires like yeah, those one the switch versions tend to sell the most, if not the second most, to maybe Steam. So we're we're happy to just do a game that's only going to release on switch, all right?
Speaker 1: Should I?
Speaker 3: Or the Force Unleashed? Wild to think that the original one came out in two thousand and eight? Eight?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, we are approaching twenty years for that, right, we'ret so that we're sixteen years old right now? Yep, that's pretty wild.
Speaker 3: Let me be star Killer's like the edgy star Killer versus Calcasts Sorry Cal, Yeah Cal also a bit too h a milk toast for that. Yeah, all right, let's see here, keep going. Bresident Evil two is coming to iPhone, iPad and mac.
Speaker 1: This year. This is from Tom Ivan at VGC.
Speaker 2: Capcom will release Resident Evil to the remake for iPhone, iPad, and Mac later this year, following in the footsteps of its Resident Evil four seven and Village mobile ports. The game will hit at the App Store on December thirty first, twenty twenty four. It will be supported on iPhone fifteen models, iPhone sixteen, and every iPad and Mac with the M one chip and later. Like the previous Resident Evil releases on iOS, the beginning of the game will be playable for free.
Speaker 1: For the full title, you will need.
Speaker 2: To be to unlock it via the an in store or an an app purchase in the store. While Capcom hasn't confirmed how much it will cost Resident Evil seven in Village or twenty dollars RESIDUABL four.
Speaker 1: With sixty dollars, so maybe somewhere between those two.
Speaker 2: Mostly brought this up because it's like, oh, they're still doing this, because the last we heard were that these games didn't sell anything, at least not on mobile. Maybe they sold better on Mac, but I doubt it. But on like the mobile versions for iOS and iPad, it was tens of thousands of copies, maybe like maybe one ten of thousands of copies. It's it was pretty rough stuff. So what do you think is happening here? You think Apple's just still like paying Capcom to do this or what Sean nailed?
Speaker 1: It?
Speaker 3: More likely Apple probably just paid for an extended deal, and this is part of it that makes the most sense.
Speaker 1: It's kind the only thing that makes sense, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I can't see that Capcom is jumping at the bit to like finish these ports so more people cannot play it on their phones and iPads max et cetera. Yeah, I think we chatted about this on the BombCast, but I don't think people are coming to their phones to play a full experience like this, even in an iPad, where like an iPad specific use power user is conditioned to play still not conditioned to play this type of game, right grub Like, it's definitely not small bite size experiences versus like a full full campaign of a game.
Speaker 1: And just also prop the value proposition is so off right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they just anything like starts at more than a dollar is not even considered, and honestly the things that cost a dollar also aren't considered.
Speaker 1: They go for all the free games period.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's so funny though to like think like people will one hundred percent jump through the hoop of okay, yes, free game, Oh you want ten dollars now, all right, and then that loop happens at least two three more times that it winds up equating to a full price game eventually down the line. But me, if I'm seeing Resident Evil four is sixty dollars on my phone, I'm like, ah, no, thank.
Speaker 1: You, yep, I do say.
Speaker 2: I will say though that you know these things are this is a pretty impressive thing technologically because Resident Evil, to Resume, Bele four, Residuvil seven Village, all these games beautiful games, uh, And when you run them on your PC or your consoles, there's an active cooler cooling those chips to keep them cool enough so they don't overheat.
Speaker 1: To actually run these things.
Speaker 2: And this is going to run on a MacBook Air with an M one chip that has passive cooling that doesn't have any active cooling on.
Speaker 1: It or whatever. That is.
Speaker 2: That's wild and I think it shows that the future really is these these risk architecture chips, these ARM chips that are way more efficient and are getting super powerful.
Speaker 1: It's pretty incredible stuff. Yeah, So.
Speaker 2: Does this turn anything down the line, like does the Apple make their own version of a Steam deck?
Speaker 1: Does gaming become more of a pillar.
Speaker 2: It's just they've said a million times it would become more of a pillar for app for iOS and for Mac from Apple itself, It's never really ever worked out that way.
Speaker 1: I swear I just let a three month Apple Arcade trial period.
Speaker 3: Lapse because I just didn't claim it. And then I think Apple send me an email this morning saying like, hey, we extended it if you want to sign up for it now, So they're definitely still making the push. And also there are neat titles out on Apple Arcade for sure. It's just I look to my phone for a couple things, and more experience is just not what I'm after.
Speaker 2: Yeah, then that stuff for New Games effect for Apple Arcade Wheel Fortune Daily would.
Speaker 1: See, but Arcanoid plus Arcanoid Versus Space.
Speaker 2: Invaders plus something I want to check out, and now it's completely Uh that plus means it doesn't have any of the weird monetization stuff in it. I would want to check that out. And that's just the most recent game. There's a lot of other stuff in there that's worth checking out, Yeah real quick.
Speaker 3: Would any of this stuff I forget if it has it, But would any of the stuff work on the Apple Vision Pro. So that doesn't have an m one ship, does it?
Speaker 2: I bet it has an like family chip in there. I think, yeah, I think it would work. It's like something you could play as like a hovering screen in the Apple Vision Pro. Yeah, but I gotta be honest you until you said it, I forgot the Apple Vision Pro existed.
Speaker 1: That is the one instance here where I'd be down to check out any of these games.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, listen, if I had an Apple Vision Pro, I really do enjoy as weird as it is the meta Quest three putting that on and having the video games as a big screen hovering like kicking back on the on the bean bag and having a controller and actually just streaming it from a computer onto the meta Quest three for the using Steam. That works really well. It's a good time. So I think that's a fine way to play games. Apple Vision Pro obviously a bit expensive for that whole scenario, but it does it better actually because it runs it natively.
Speaker 1: So that's pretty cool. Yeah, Like if you were an Apple Vision Pro user that has been looking to bust that thang out again. If these work, that'd be cool. Yep, people went out the Vision Pro.
Speaker 2: It's basically a MacBook Pro into stuffed into a headset, so very powerful actually one of the reasons it's so exct expensive.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: Video game sales jumped to twenty percent in Europe during September. You know, games like EAA Sports FC twenty five topped the list. Then The Crew two, which I think I think it was because they were gonna stop selling it, so did everyone rush out and get it?
Speaker 1: What the hell is happening over there? I don't know.
Speaker 2: Warhammer forty K Space Marine two was number three. It is quickly becoming the fast or the best selling Warhammer forty K game.
Speaker 1: Ever. It was on sale for a dollar thank you service game. That's okay, that explains it.
Speaker 2: Hogwarts Legacy or Astrobots was number four. Hogwarts Legacy number five, NBA two K twenty five number six, Grand Theft Auto five number seven.
Speaker 1: Then the Legend of Zelda Echoes of Wisdom was number eight, but.
Speaker 2: That's without digital sales, it's only physical sales. And then the Crew Motorfest at number nine, probably also a dollar and another newer game Test Drive Unlimited Solar Crown was at number ten. Mostly this is notable that this chart here because there were some games getting people out EA Sports FC kind of launching of getting people excited, and yet the Switch was the only.
Speaker 1: Console to grow year over year in terms of hardware sales.
Speaker 2: Now, that's probably because of Echoes of Wisdom and that gold Gold Switch light, but it was up like one point five percent or something like that. Meanwhile, I think the PlayStation five was down seventeen percent and the Xbox is down fifty eight percent, and that was supposed to because Starfield had launched the year before, so it.
Speaker 1: Was always going to be a tough comparison.
Speaker 2: But also we've seen months where that wasn't the case, where Xbox has been down like forty five percent year over year, so it's not some huge outlier. Weird that Switch is the only console still growing. Are we still kind of in a hangover from the early pandemic console shortage days and that's what's explaining this or something else going on.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to think about, like, what is someone that is buying a Nintendo Switch in twenty twenty four, specifically, Fall of twenty twenty four, Like what are they after?
Speaker 1: Like where are they at in their lives? Where? What are they trying to play?
Speaker 3: If it's not right, if it's not an animal crossing, because animal crossing was a gigantic thing during the pandemic, It's not like there's a like I know that Zelda carries a huge fervor behind it, but I can't imagine that this is the Zelda game to push people over right.
Speaker 2: It seems like it's doing a based on what I can remember here, something a little bit faster than Link's Wakening, which was that the remake that this one is by the same team look looks pretty similar to So it has about that much energy, and I think Links Awakening it ended up going on to sell about five six million copies, maybe more by now.
Speaker 3: But yeah, like Greb, is it you think it's really an instance of people just getting an second or third switch in their household.
Speaker 2: I think it explained a lot of it, Especially for a switch light coming out that is based on the Zelda one. I think people are like, I'll get this one, I'll use this and I'll give my other switch light to the my kid or something like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that's part of it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I mean like at this point, like a you give a switch light to like a kid, there is like so many games to occupy themselves with. And I guess because like that ecosystem is so locked off, you don't really have to worry about the titles that are being put out there.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I I think when it comes to PlayStation and Xbox, I mean, we know what's going on with Xbox. They they are not emphasizing the importance of the box and people are saying, Okay, I think PlayStation, there's a chance that people began to get word of the PS five pro coming and maybe they hesitated a little bit. They're like, okay, I'm this month, we're gonna take a break. But we've also again, we've also seen months where the PS five was down other than this month and about an equivalent amount down fifteen percent of down seventeen percent. There are there has been have been months where it was down even more than that, down like thirty percent. So you know, if we were trying to like say no, maybe there is something happening here, I think it probably would be. Consoles are still pretty expensive, and the people who wanted to get one, did get one. There was maybe a glut of rushing out to get these consoles to the point where people were holding on to extra consoles. Some scalpers were holding on to extra consoles, and then then maybe they flooded the market when it was time to cash in on that and so that maybe they sold them at a loss or something like that. So uh, yeah, I think that the consoles just don't feel like they're growing right now, that like overall just doesn't feel like there's a lot of new console gamers join in the market.
Speaker 1: And I think that's the underlying scenario here, right, mm hmmm, that feels that feels accurate. There's also I hate I hate grub that it does feel like we are in the lull before the switch to and GTA six.
Speaker 2: Yes, I think that when I see this, when I see these numbers, it really does make me think like, oh, a lot of the market is waiting for the switch too, because that's they feel like that's the one thing they feel like they can rely on to grow. We'll see that even happens compare relative to the switch. But yeah, I think that people are waiting on that, And of course g T six will kind of just change how everything works.
Speaker 3: And I think it's smart of Nintendo to be like really flexing on these like special edition switch lights or like o LED switches, where like, hey, we're not gonna make these super numbered or super limited. If you want to get this as a collector's item or like as a gift, by all means, go and get it, versus like the thirtieth anniversary PlayStation where it is or PlayStation five Pro where it is super limited despite the fervor and excitement behind it. Looking at these this chart, though, I am pretty jazz for Space Marine two to get a lot of love because it's a solid game. I wish we had the time to roll back up. Space Marine mondays, Yeah, we'll find it.
Speaker 1: Time to do some more Space Marine mondays. What we'll have to make that happen. Yeah.
Speaker 3: The nerd in me grub The nerd in me, I scoffed at first. It's seeing Hogwarts like I can see on this chart. Then I realized, oh, for September, these fucking nerds are trying to start their year at Hogwarts because.
Speaker 2: Oh man, yep, let's school year started. Yep Astrobot at four. I think this is still like this is like the second month on the chart for that right, so still being at four for astrobat.
Speaker 1: It's pretty good too. Like to see that.
Speaker 2: Uh, okay, last little thing here following it's e a split. FIFA's partnering with Konami for E sports. This randy orroposite of VGC. This is not oh, Konami is making the new FIFA games. What this is is, uh, FIFA has the E Sports World Cup, the World Cup E or whatever it's called. H yeah, FIFA E World Cup there it is. And now instead of having a sports games there having the FIFA games there, they will have E football from Konami, which used to be Pro Evolution Soccer and and that's that's basically just like they have complete broken up with AA, which we've known, but it's interesting to see Konami kind of filling in that gap. Maybe that does lead to a FIFA partnership for the E football games down the line. But the whole reason that EA and FIFA broke up in the first place was FIFA was asking for a billion dollars for the naming rights. And we see how EA Sports Football Club works today without FIFA. It was really just for the name FIFA because everything else is pretty much the same. Yeah, they won't have the World Cup in there. When the World Cup is here, they got all the players, all the teams, all the leagues. They got more leagues and more players than ever. So it's like what services was where what you value? Was FIFA really providing all? Not all that much? So is Konami a company that you know makes quite a bit of money, is successful, but it's maybe not making as much money from their football game.
Speaker 1: As EA is. Are they going to pony up one billion dollars to the FIFA name? Probably not right.
Speaker 3: I can't imagine that Konami would. But that being said, Konami has been making very odd moves in the last couple of years, so I would have completely put it past them to explore this as another means of making money. Yep, well, Panami like money.
Speaker 1: Don't come canam do like money? Kami make a new Castlevania game already? What is going on?
Speaker 2: The rumors are out there, BGC, Jordan, Jordan Midler, Andy Robinson, you've said it would happen.
Speaker 1: It better happened. Come on, Jordan, come on, Jordan, Andy, Andrew, give me my Castlevania. All right, that does it for the news.
Speaker 2: Uh let's get to the poll question, which I will pull up over here right now. I have a guilty gear song on your screen.
Speaker 1: Uh, there we go. Okay, So questions.
Speaker 2: We have two questions actually from yesterday. First, are you getting Nintendo Alarmo? Nine percent said yes, thirty five percent said no, and fifty six percent said they're rubbing their temples and sign and saying W. So that sounds about right. I am a proud nine percenter. I hope that doesn't have any negative connotations. The other pole question bonus bull which is better duck Hunt or We Sports. Duck Hunt got twenty seven percent of the results and we Sports got seventy three percent of the votes, so we Sports keeps winning. Sorry to Mike Manatti, who of course favored duck Hunt when he.
Speaker 1: Was given this option. Mike Manatti is only a couple of years older than me, right, but that is the most boomer ass Mike. I love you dearly. You were a great glad being and I feel like my life is ultimately better with you in it.
Speaker 2: He's saying, oh my god, chat but he he himself knew this was going to be his most boomer take. He said that when when he said it publicly.
Speaker 3: This isn't even about folks like liking to ras Mikey and vote against them in a poll.
Speaker 1: Now, this is not it.
Speaker 4: Like the worldwide reach of we sports is insane. There are people still playing it, old people still playing it to this day. Yeah, and no one is fired up dug Hunt. Like I like the idea of duck Hunt, but playing it it wears out so fast. And we sports there are like I could play bowling for like a couple hours, Like we can have a tournament and make it like a drinking game and all that stuff, and that would be a good time.
Speaker 1: I guess you can make duck Hunt drinking game, but I don't. I don't think that would be as fun.
Speaker 2: And eventually someone's just gonna take the the what's the blaster Master, the Ennya Zapper, take it up the screen and just fire it directly at the.
Speaker 1: Screen, and everyone's gonna be like, all right, I give up, who cares anymore? All right? We got a new pole question. We'll get to that here in a second.
Speaker 2: Before we do that, though, Jen Giant Bomas website about video games, we got some stuff happening today that people are gonna want to know about.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: Yes, we're going to be playing dragon Ball Sparking zero on the website. What we'll check out will check out the game. We'll we'll futs around and fools around inside of that. And later today there's still time, folks, if you have yet to get your voicemails in, call into the Voicemail.
Speaker 1: Dump Truck because we have our friend, our dear friend.
Speaker 3: Chef Reactions seven h seven Exit Flu Mike Minatti, Dan Reiker, Jeff Backlar returning to the dumb Truck as well as Chef Reactions. Tomorrow Jeff Grubb another episode of Game Mess Mornings.
Speaker 1: We're going to immediately following that, Tomorrow is going to be a jam jam Pack, jam Pack Day.
Speaker 3: It's going to be back to back to back programming because we will have Games Mornings, and then immediately after that we will have bcr a Metaphor Refantasio Review Cast. We're gonna have Lex Lutti on the pod. We're also gonna have Jessica Cogswell from GameSpot herbash on myself and maybe we can get du Boy Michael him on as well. And then immediately following that, Jeff grub almost immediately following that, we have the newest season of Blake Club in folks, it's Lucy James's turn.
Speaker 2: It's Lucy's stay. I'm so excited she is gonna be playing. Well, you're gonna have to tune in to find out. All right, Yeah, Friday, the big reveal. It's gonna go like this. She's got a package in her home right now that I sent her from Amazon. She will leave to the privacy of her quarters and get dressed up in this costume, come out, and then we'll have e her try to guess game she's playing, because she's still not gonna know.
Speaker 1: She will not know.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be very fun and you're gonna want to enjoy all of that. And again, if you're wondering why Lucy's on Blake Club one, that's a great thing. We're happy to have her two. She was the loser of the Pax panel the Blake Club Packspanal, which is a ton of fun. You should go back and watch that.
Speaker 1: Is she gonna be the loser of the Fantasy League as well.
Speaker 2: Looks like it, although I think she did finally make some moves, so I think she's trying to avoid being last place.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'll see, okay, all right, all right, I'm so sorry.
Speaker 3: This is the needed thing I've ever seen a chat about Lucy In the Giant Bomb chat, someone says, please be a giraffe.
Speaker 1: Good on chat. God, but yeah, maybe we'll see all right, God. New poole question to Lucy. I feel like I'm still on her shit list. New poole question. Nintendo's testing a mystery Nintendo Switch online feature. What is it?
Speaker 2: Remote play together, social platform achievements, cloud streaming, family library sharing? Do we want any other options on there?
Speaker 1: Everybody? Was there anything else that we missed? I think I think that's probably good. We'll get a gun, all right, a gun? There we go. All right, we'll get the results of that. Talk about it on.
Speaker 2: Game this morning is tomorrow here on giant Bomb once again, speaking to Giant Bomb chef reactions later on voicemail Dump Truck, I don't miss it, Sparking zero.
Speaker 1: We'll be hanging out. When does Sparking zero start? Were doing that at one, I believe an hour from now, Yes, an hour from now. So we'll see you all for that.
Speaker 2: In the meantime, Jana Chilla, thank you so much for hanging out with me today and talking about video games.
Speaker 1: I really appreciate it. Man, it's the only way to start a Thursday.
Speaker 2: Greb, thank you all for watching and listening. You're the best audience in gaming. And until next time, have a good one, take care of yourself and go Tigers.