Speaker 1: Oh well, des are.
Speaker 2: Hello and welcome to the show. This is the Cult of Conspiracy and my name is Jonathan Jack and today we are getting to know the new Pope here and are there any crazy conspiracy synchronicities or let's just try and figure out who this guy is at first, and then maybe we'll start to delve in a little bit deeper. Maybe there's a little bit of symbolism. We're gonna get wild today. So if you're interested in finding out who the new Pope is, what he represents, all about him, today is an episode that is dedicated to that.
Speaker 3: So we're excited indeed, good cult members.
Speaker 4: So if you're keeping track of the cult Conspiracy being go car for the year twenty twenty five, then you know that we got that mark off saying that the Pope was going to die Pope Francis rip. Now that being said, this previous pope was considered quote unquote, I think by his own admission, the people's Pope, right, there's some reasons behind that. He kind of took his valve poverty a little bit harder than most. He didn't wear the giant golden ornate clothing. He actually lived in a relatively small like apartment at the Vatican City rather than the big, grand, you know, bedchambers that the other ones have gone through. He was more modest in his style. But he also was seen as the quote unquote people's pope because he took a lot of very progressive leanings. And I don't mean progressive in the same way that it's been used in the past. Now, Pope Leo current Pope Popolo the thirteenth fourteenth, excuse me. He took the name of Pope Leo because the Popolo the thirteenth was seen as one of the most progressive popes throughout human history. Now that being I said to human I should say the history of the Catholic Church not progressive by our modern standards. Progressive per the day and age that the previous pop Leo was involved with was more embracing science as well as embracing the Bible that was seen as extremely progressive for the day and age.
Speaker 3: Okay, so when we.
Speaker 4: Use that term progress of years past, it does not mean the same way it does now. Pope Francis was very inviting to the LGBTQ, to a element op QRSTUVWXYZ community.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 4: He also embraced this thing called universalism, which I understand that, for instance, Jonathan probably does agree with universalism. I do not, and most Catholics do not. Universalism, for anybody who doesn't know, is basically saying that you can find God and find salvation through multiple different religious avenues. Now, a lot of people agree with this, and I feel like the word God and enlightenment get conflated to mean the same thing when we talk about universalism. I think it's very possible to find enlightenment and morality through all different kinds of avenues and ways. But for the head of the Catholic Pope, or excuse me, the head of the Catholic Church, the Vicar of Rome, to say that there is more than one way to get to God, even though within their prayer it says we believe in one Holy and Apostolic Church and we acknowledge one baptism for the forgiveness of sins, that kind of is a massive red flag, right, So go ahead, go ahead, I see your face.
Speaker 2: This is so the whole idea of universalism. I mean, first of all, I don't apply to necessarily any religions out there, so I think that are you are you? Including like all mythologies and shit like that, like not just religions. Yeah, okay, then.
Speaker 4: He's not saying that every single one can lead to salvation or to God, but he's saying that there is definitely more than just Christianity to get to God.
Speaker 2: So and also the idea of enlightenment in God being separate things, in my opinion, I would just say that enlightenment is probably what happens whenever. It's probably it's like whenever you and God are able to infuse and merge with each other on a literal like moment to moment basis. So like that's like I'm not gonna get too wi will hear. But essentially it's like going so inward and finding, you know, that divine spark within you. That's the reason why they say namastae. By the way, it's like the divine spark within me acknowledges the divine spark within you. It's not talking to your ego, it's talking to like your spark, your soul, your spirit, whatever, right, And so they believe that by accessing that spark and essentially shedding your ego and just merging with that that spark or that God or whatever that is enlightenment.
Speaker 4: And I get that, and I'm, like I said, I'm not saying that the entire premise behind universalism doesn't make sense. But this would also equally be like the head emm of Islam saying that there is more than one way to get to Allah than just Mohammed.
Speaker 2: Okay, so this is if I'm not mistaken, Now, this would be the pope prophecy coming true then, because Francis sure, sure, but he died and that's supposed to bring forward a new age. That was the idea behind that. And so if we get this guy who is more of a universalist, wouldn't that be bringing about some sort of new age because that's not what previous But I mean, I don't know. I don't know all the information about previous popes or where they stood or whatever, but I can just imagine that they probably would oppose some type of ideology like that.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 4: That I would say pretty much every pope up until Francis would disavow him for saying such things.
Speaker 2: There's actually a lot of symbolism behind that as well, and we're going to get to that. Oh, I believe it makes sense.
Speaker 4: Now this guy is the first American pope, and I know everybody's been hearing that.
Speaker 3: All over the news. He also has dual citizenship.
Speaker 4: With Peru, and for some reason, Peru was over here saying first Peruvian pope. Like, first of all, he was born in Shyraq. Sit down, No, nobody's talking to you Peru right now. Okay, shy Town is having their day in the sun. That's what's happening right now. But it's at the point he is fluent in five languages.
Speaker 3: Okay. He grew up from relatively humble means.
Speaker 4: I don't believe his parents were upper one percent wealthy, but I also don't believe that he grew up poverty stricken. Buy any means either upper middle class, I would say, from all my research I could find, but I find it interesting. And the more research I did on this, i'm I may have been a little biased on this.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 4: So for anybody who doesn't know, I was raised Roman Catholic up until I was about twelve to thirteen years old, okay, and I left the faith in favor of non denominational evangelical Christendom.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 4: And that's how I get down these days. I show no I don't throw hatred towards the Catholic faith. In fact, I respect it for a lot of reasons. I just disagree with a few things that they do dogmatically and a few of their ritualistic things that they get going here. I don't agree with praying to saints or praying to angels. I don't believe that Mary died a virgin because literally in the Good Book they talk about Jesus having four brothers and two sisters, so like that had to be from Mary's you know, blessed womb. All right, I'm just throwing it out. I'm not trying to be a dick about it, but like clearly her and Joseph fucked about it.
Speaker 3: But neither hear nor there. Okay, neither hear nor there.
Speaker 2: How dare you and blasphemous? You know they made love missionary style?
Speaker 3: Oh actually I can guarantee that much for sure.
Speaker 4: But we know that Jesus had actual half blood brothers and like that's but O the point bes to that, The point I am not throwing any kind of shade towards the Catholic faith. I have pretty much all of my family members are still Catholic to this day. Once a year, I go on a Catholic men's retreat, as a matter of fact, put on by the Jesuits. Now that doesn't mean that I like the Jesuit order of things and stuff, but the dudes are actually extremely well versed and knowledgeable about the Bible.
Speaker 2: It just means you're a fed, as people suggest.
Speaker 4: Clearly, clearly. I'm telling y'all. If I'm the fed, Jonathan's the handler. That's how this whole dynamic works.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't know about that. I always say, dude, I would be the worst handler. I can barely hand my own damn self.
Speaker 3: So the good cove you got going there, Jonathan.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it's a facade over here. I'm actually brilliant. I just put off this dumb ass, this dumb ass vib over here.
Speaker 3: You said it.
Speaker 2: I mean, hey, that's what they say about Trump, right, he sounds like a dumbass, but he's actually like a super genius or something like that.
Speaker 4: Who knows, right, But Okay, So when I started looking into this research about the new Pope, I know some stuff about Catholicism. I am not like the all knower of all the things here. I know, you know a little bit but I thought it was crazy that they went into conclave and then the next day announced the pope, like granted, and not all of them last for forever. The longest on record lasted damn here three years, okay, and that was way back fifteen hundreds were not mistaken, and they got so mad at it. Three three freaking cardinals died in the process of electing that pope because they took sue damn long. Then the people pretty much barricaded the conclave, ripped open the roof, and only fed them bread and water until they made a fucking decision.
Speaker 2: You know, you know. He was actually elected on my birthday, May eighth. No shitn't that crazy, dude? Queen Elizabeth died the day that my son was born. Like, what the fuck is going on with my life?
Speaker 3: That is wild?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I'm the Fed. I'm the Fed, the one with all the synchronicities and shit.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: But okay, okay, So so to further that point here, he was elected on the second day with the fourth ballot.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 4: Now, the last time that that happened was actually with Pope Benedict. The shortest on record, if I'm not mistaken, was Pope John Paul. He got elected on the first go round, first vote. They threw his name in the hat, and he was a wild card. Nobody really knew much about him before everybody unanimously decided that this is the guy. So all right, kind of the same situation with this guy. Now, he was known within the cardinal circles. He was known throughout the Order of Saint Augustine or Augustine, however you want to pronounce it. We will talk about that order because as we talk about hermeticism, i e. Hermit's, the Order of Saint Augustine is known as a Hermit order in certain circles. So we're gonna talk about all We're gonna talk about all it. But I thought it was kind of crazy that they elected this guy right out the rip. I mean, damn near two days, four votes and they knew this was him. And it wasn't by a small margin either. He was like ninety percent in favor of him. And he's American, which which was seen as a taboo. I know, we talked about possibly having the first black pope, and yes, there's gonna be people say we already had a black pope in the five hundreds. No, dude, No, dude, just because he was from Egypt doesn't mean he was black. Like, look at Egyptians today.
Speaker 3: Most of them are not ebony.
Speaker 4: Okay, most of them look a little off shade of Arabian first of all.
Speaker 2: Like here's the crazy thing. And yeah, I know that this pope is from America or whatever, but you're talking about a place, well, is the Vaticans. Not in Italy technically it's its own thing, but essentially Italy, right, And I can't imagine very many black people. I can't imagine very many Asian people. I can't imagine very many Latino people that are living in Italy, right. I mean, yes, I know the phonetics with the language and stuff like that. Technically they're Latino, Latina whatever. I'm not talking about that I'm talking about like it's mainly Italians.
Speaker 3: By and large.
Speaker 4: Yes, But I mean Rome is kind of one of those global melting pods. And I will give it that, But I mean we're not talking about there being like a third of the population of Rome is from Africa, Like nah, not even close here, bro, But like to say, like Paris, Rome, Berlin, New York, Like there's these big, big melting pots of like global trade, global economy, big ancient sites, historical sites like this. Yeah, you'll you'll have people from all over like no doubts. But that being said, there was a conversation about potentially having the first Filipino pope. There was a conversation about the first black pope, like actually sub Saharan black pope. Okay, there's all these different conversations and some of them actually stood a good chance. Then this guy pulls out of nowhere. He was not on anybody's bingo card. He was not on anybody's top ten list of potential new popes. Oh, this guy might be like seventh in line of the ten. Nobody had any guesses that this guy was going to do anything.
Speaker 3: The reason being is that he is.
Speaker 4: American, and the entire world doesn't like that America holds the reins of power on everything anyway. And I know there's gonna be a bunch of people say that's true, America doesn't hold the power, blah blah blah, Yes we do, Yes we do. There's a reason why all other countries on Earth know who our president is. No one in America gives a fuck who president of any other country is. There's a reason for that.
Speaker 2: Kind of funny too, about how jd Vance sees him a day or two before he dies Francis and then the next pope is an American that's white.
Speaker 4: The coincidence kind of interesting, isn't it? Kind of weird how that plays out. But we're gonna talk about all of it here. We are going to break it all down. This episode is going to be extremely video and article heavy. We're gonna have our back and forth conversation about it all as we do. But for anybody who wants to see what we are talking about rather than just hear about it. And of course, the best way to support the show, Jonathan tell them where they could go.
Speaker 2: These are min fans, but you can come and check out patreon dot com slash Cult of Conspiracy podcast that links down the show notes below. If you go over there, you get access to the show a few days in advance. It's you get to come join us every Tuesday night for the Cult Member Live show that is at nine pm Central. So if you ain't got nothing going on on a Tuesday, come on, let's just be real. You ain't got shit going on on a Tuesday, then come check us out over at patreon dot com and become a third Eye all the way open member. You'll be able to join us four or five times a month for the live shows. And probably the very best thing that comes with Patreon is that it is completely Yeah, buddy, we know them commercials, them ads, they just suck pain in the ass. Nobody wants to skip through them. I know that the frequency in which they're coming in or are honestly quite ridiculous, but that's just the way the world is right now. So if you want to get out of that, out of that nasty, disgusting hell type matrix of commercial land, then come over to patreon dot com slash Cult of Conspiracy podcast.
Speaker 4: Maybe indeed, Now with that being said, we're gonna play a couple of different clips, a couple of different videos, some from the man himself, some people kind of responding to some stuff about it.
Speaker 3: So this is.
Speaker 4: Reactions from Rome as Chicago born cardinal elect new or elected new Pope is from CBS Chicago's Let's Listen in.
Speaker 5: Our Vince Gerisoli was at the Vatican when the Chicago native became Pope.
Speaker 6: Vince has had a long day and night, but he is with us live now and Vince tell our viewers what it was like to witness that moment in person.
Speaker 3: You know, I'm gonna be honest.
Speaker 7: I got Tiary just to be a part of history, first of all, but to also be part of just such a hopeful moment. I mean, there were one hundred thousand people gathered in Saint Peter's Square the avenues leading up to it, and they all were there for one purpose, to unite behind a person and a faith, an idea that brings people together and has us there for one another, for our brothers and sisters. That was really something extra special. And I don't think I'm going to forget that feeling anytime soon. I'm not going to forget how I felt also, and I'm sure you feel the same way when we heard that there's an American pope and guess what. He was born in Dalton and raised in Dalton, went to Saint Mary the assumption.
Speaker 3: I mean, we've got a pope.
Speaker 7: From Chicago, and that's really nifty, that's really cool. And among the prestigious universities and institutions where he studied.
Speaker 3: He also studied in Hyde Park.
Speaker 7: At the Catholic Theological Union and those ties to Chicago are important, but we also have to say that he spent a good portion of his career away from the city of Chicago, specifically in Latin America and in Peru, working really with the poorest of the poor, and that really opens a window into what his worldview is and what his views are as a Catholic, and probably what his views will be as the pontiff, as the person who leads the church forward. Just an idea of the person he is. He speaks five languages. When he stepped out in front of Saint Peter's today on the balcony, he spoke three. He spoke Latin, he spoke Italian, and he also spoke Spanish. In fact, a lot of the cardinals who come from Latin speaking countries were known to say he's one of us. That's extremely important. The Pope has to be an administrator. So let's take a look at his job as an administrator. He's made a cardinal in twenty twenty three. He came here to the Vatican and he was responsible. It's this big fancy word. He worked in the Dicastro for the office that was sort of recruiting bishops, vetting bishops. What did that do for him? That gave him a chance to form one on one relationships with a good portion of the people who are driving the Catholic Church right now? Who are the people who are deciding what's important for their individual communities and also for the people who are following sort of a pastoral path.
Speaker 4: Real quick, I'm going to keep playing here in a second, but i just want this to be understood. For the past decade, give or take, he was put in charge of vetting and deciding who would become bishops for the Catholic Church. Now, nothing inherently wrong with that, but understand that this also means that now that he is pope, he himself decided who would be working directly under him at varying levels of management for the last decade or so. So as we're talking about power plays and like stacking the deck in your favor, I'm just I'm throwing that out.
Speaker 3: We're going to get more into it, but I just put a pin in that one.
Speaker 4: It's going to come into play here in a minute when we talk about Francis and how this guy even got to be a cardinal in the first place.
Speaker 3: But we'll get there.
Speaker 7: And That's one of the things that his predecessor, Pope Francis worked so hard on was to make sure that those who were in positions as cardinals or as bishops were also pastors.
Speaker 8: So we need to celebrate the fact that.
Speaker 7: He's an American, but also keep these other facts in mind and how that might influence his worldview and the direction the church takes in the future.
Speaker 5: Vince, everyone is watching and in a way, I guess you could say the world is watching and listening. So what happens next? How does this work for a brand new pope to go out knowing that everyone is listening looking for clues about how he will handle his papacy, what happens next, and how will we learn ultimately what he's going to do or potentially change moving forward.
Speaker 7: Well, I think one of the most important things is the same thing we do with the President of the United States. Where is the first country that the president visits and what message does the president want to give with that visit? And that's something that we will look toward with this pope. It wasn't his first visit, but we do know that Pope Francis, his predecessor, visited Asia to help spread the message that even though the Catholic population in Asia was quite small, it was an important place for growth. So I would say that would be one of the most important things to see with Pope Leo is where will he visit, what will his outreach be? And also take a look at some of his next appointments. There will be vacancies for cardinals and bishops, and that will be very telling in the months ahead.
Speaker 3: Indeed, it will be. Now, like I said, just a little quick.
Speaker 4: Brief overview of him himself, but we are going to talk more about him in a second. Now, this is from the Associated Press, and I understand they are super liberal leaning. Fine, fine, but this kind of information is something that honestly doesn't matter what your political leanings are. Let's talk about what is a conclave?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 4: So what to knowe about the secretive process to elect the new pope before we read this, Jonathan, what do you currently like know or understand about the College of Cardinals and how this process works?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 2: Jack and shit?
Speaker 4: Okay, fair enough, fair enough, and most people don't right, most people know that, Like, yeah, the dude with the red yamicas get together and they release some white smoke or some black smoke.
Speaker 3: And that's about all that everybody really knows, right.
Speaker 4: Okay, So let's go into detail a little bit and learn about the Conclave of Cardinals.
Speaker 2: Okay. A conclave is the centuries old election of a pope that derives its name from the Italian conclave with a key to underscore that cardinals are sequestered until they find a winner. Cardinals have no contact with the outside world. After the Master of liturgical ceremonies utters the words extra omnies omnis uh, the Latin phrase for all out, to ask all those present except the cardinal electors to leave Assistine Chapel to begin the voting process. In between votes, the cardinals will be staying at the Doma Santa Marta hotel in Vatican City and possibly another nearby Vatican residents, since there are more cardinal electors than Santa Marta hotel rooms.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they've actually got quite a few cardinals, more than I thought they did, to be honest with you.
Speaker 3: But let's keep going here. How will it work?
Speaker 2: So the conclave begins on May seventh in the afternoon. The day begins with Mass celebrated in the morning by the Dean of the College of Cardinals. Cardinal Giovanni Battista, Cardinal Giovanni, Reverend Giovanni Batista. I guess in the afternoon, the cardinals process into the Sistine Chapel and take their seats. A priest delivers a meditation, and the cardinals take an oath. I think that's supposed to be mediation, isn't it?
Speaker 3: No, that would be meditation.
Speaker 2: Interesting? And anyhow, after the extra omnes.
Speaker 3: How did you say that extra omnis?
Speaker 2: Honest? Okay? The conclave begins unless there are any outstanding questions problems. Cardinals take a single vote the afternoon of May seventh, seeking two thirds majority. If they don't find a win winter on the first ballot, they retire for the evening in the return and return to the Sistine Chapel the following morning. They can take up the two votes each morning in two each afternoon until they have a winner. So who gets to be part of the conclave would be Only cardinals under the age of eighty are eligible to vote. Current regulations notionally limit the number of electors to one hundred and twenty, but popes often exceeded that ceiling, and today there are one hundred and thirty five who are eligible, those cardinals who are over eighty but can't vote, but can participate in pre conclave meetings known as general congressions, in which church problems are discussed. It was in these meetings in twenty thirteen that then Cardinal Jorge Mario Bergolglio spoke about the need for the church to go to the existential peripheries to find those who suffer, and off the cuff speech that helped his election.
Speaker 4: Jorge Mario Bergoglio would be what we would now call Pope Francis. So as of now, there is one hundred and thirty five cardinals, okay, and I mean that are eligible now, Like you was saying here, if you've got a cardinal who's been there for forever and he's over eighty, he's actually not allowed to vote. He's allowed to be a part of the discussion and everything, but they have to at least be somewhat of sound mind. And they actually put age restrictions on that not too terribly long ago. But so one hundred and thirty five dudes wide in to elect Pope Leo the fourteenth.
Speaker 2: So are there major differences between this conclave and the previous ones, so Saint John Paul the Second rewrote the regulations on papal elections in nineteen ninety six, document that remains largely enforced today, though Pope Benedict the sixteenth amended it twice before he resigned. Francis didn't introduce any changes into the conclave. It's though his influence will surely be felt, given he named one hundred and eight of the one hundred and thirty five cardinal electors who are eligible to vote.
Speaker 4: So let's let's just make sure we don't speed bump on past that here.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 4: Of the one hundred and thirty five cardinals that went to vote, one hundred and eight of them were directly created, which is the term for that, you know, like make someone a pope or like bless them, you create a cardinal.
Speaker 3: That's that's the actual term for it.
Speaker 4: So one hundred and eight of the one hundred and thirty five of these dudes in red were literally put there by probe Francis, who was the most liberal leaning pope that we have had through human history.
Speaker 2: Which makes sense when we're talking about this guy, now, it.
Speaker 3: Does, doesn't it.
Speaker 2: I Mean, you're talking about sends up dude, talking about stacking the deck, I mean, one hundred and eight of the one hundred and thirty five that is, that's gotta be like ninety percent right close to it.
Speaker 3: I mean, I don't know if it's actually nine or if it's more like eighty five. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I'm had it somewhere in there.
Speaker 4: The point would be as far as needing a two thirds majority, and you have stacked the deck this heavily. You just got to make sure that you put your boys in place where you want them, and it will ensure a legacy positive or negative, to go onto the future. Now, the current pope is being called a Francis junior, not necessarily a good thing to be called, but it is a It is some of the third terms that are being thrown out at this time.
Speaker 3: But let's continue.
Speaker 2: So one hundred and eight divided by one hundred and thirty five is actually eighty percent. That is eighty per Okay, Damn damn did we get that? Did I say eighty or ninety percent?
Speaker 4: You said ninety and I said if it was eighty or eighty five? I mean, oka like we were going to actually know that for a fact, But damn, one hundred and eight is eighty percent of one thirty five.
Speaker 3: Yep, this is why we need calculators, dude.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's why I pulled that bad boy out. But anyway, Benedict's most notable change to the original nineteen ninety six document was to exclude the possibility that a pope could be elected by a simple majority of voting was stalemated, Benedict decreed the two thirds majority is always needed, no matter how long it takes. He did so to prevent cardinals from holding out for the twelve days foreseen by John Paul and then pushing through a candidate with a slim majority. If the conclave lasts that long, the top two vote getters go to a runoff, with a two thirds majority required to win. Neither of the top two candidates casts a ballot in the runoff.
Speaker 3: Makes sense, Yeah, well this did not go to a runoff.
Speaker 4: This was pretty landslide sweep as far as that's concerned. But it makes sense whenever you see who put them in that position.
Speaker 3: But we will continue.
Speaker 2: So, who is eligible to be elected pope? Any baptized Catholic mail is eligible to be pope? But since thirteen seventy eight, only cardinals have been selected. Cardinals over the age of eighty can be elected pope, even if they can't be in the room to cast a ballot. Right, this guy is actually relatively young in the seventies. He's like in his late sixties.
Speaker 4: I think I got more information about him pulled up on his own actual like his profile page on the College of Cardinal website. We're going to learn all about him in a bit. But it is very possible that this guy is going to be the leader of the Catholic Church for the next two, if not three decades.
Speaker 3: That's a real conversation.
Speaker 2: So this next part is actually pretty interesting because it ties into your boy, Pope Leo the fourteenth, and I wanted to find Okay, So I'll read this and then I'll read what I got as far as his views on women in the Vatican. So why aren't women part of the process? Says Francis. And popes before him have upheld the ban on ordaining women as priests, which precludes them from being pope. Under Catholic doctrine, the priesthood is reserved for men because Christ chose only twelve men as his apostles. The teaching is considered divinely inspired and infallible. So that leads us into what is his views on women in the church or women's roles in the church. Rather, so it says, while pop Leo the fourteenth opposes the ordination of women to the dia Khanate, so you say that diaconate anyway, he acknowledges the valuable contributions women make to the church. He has supported the inclusion of women in influential advert advisory roles, reflecting a commitment to expanding women's participation in church life without altering traditional doctrines. So he's not necessarily saying that they can be ordained by any means, but he's trying to get them a little bit of a boost within the church.
Speaker 4: There is a massive movement right now to try to get women ordained in the Catholic Church. And that's not a new thing. It's been something women have been pushing for for quite some time. And I'm not trying to take a weird side tangent on this one.
Speaker 2: But we're talking about the patriarchy. Come on, there's never going to be a woman in the patriarchy. That's just the way it is.
Speaker 4: But they're quoting the Bible as the reason why women can't hold a position of leadership within the church.
Speaker 3: There is.
Speaker 4: It's how could I put this not trying to be a dick. Yes, Jesus chose twelve.
Speaker 3: Apostles and they were all dudes.
Speaker 4: He also had female disciples that were very loyal to him who also helped preach.
Speaker 3: Uh, not to go that route.
Speaker 4: But John the Beloved and Mary Magdalene one of his other disciples, right, one of his most devout disciples. I might add, No, Well, they John the Beloved and Mary Magdalene may have gotten married. It's very possible.
Speaker 2: I'm not talking about them, Jesus and.
Speaker 4: Mary Magdalene to not get married and have kids, say the Rosa Crucians. Yeah, look at the rest of their literature and then get back to me.
Speaker 3: But anyway, my.
Speaker 4: Point is they had a position within the church. But when the day and age was, when the Bible was being written, most women didn't know how to read. And I'm not saying that because it was just like they were hailed down. Most of them did not read. They most of them weren't taught.
Speaker 3: So to have a.
Speaker 4: Woman teaching you from a book that she can't read was seen as like no one's gonna listen to her. Could you imagine going to a calculus class with a guy who doesn't understand how math works.
Speaker 2: I mean a lot of my teachers in high school were pretty fucking dumb.
Speaker 4: So maybe if exhibit a exhibit fucking ad.
Speaker 2: We did have. Actually, back in high school, we had the cousin I don't know if it was a cousin or sister to if you remember Glenn Dorsey, he played at LSU. I think he went to EA too, So in Pat's native and uh, dude, she taught like economics or something completely over her head and she couldn't even pronounce words regularly, like she was straight up like she started out as a substitute teacher and somehow weaseled her way into a permanent role and that class did not suit her.
Speaker 4: My point right now, this isn't teaching somebody some science, some math. We're talking about people's eternal salvation. And maybe if you're going to teach someone about it, maybe you should be able to read the literature yourself, right, read the literature and apply it and know the meaning and be able to you see my point? Now, Mary Magdalen could read actually, and so she was trusted to go with John the Beloved and preach to people. A woman preaching was seen as mind blowing at the time, but she could also quote the book the same way the men could. She wasn't chosen to be an apostle, but she was a varied about disciple.
Speaker 2: The way I see it is who cares, Like if the message is getting through, who cares who's saying.
Speaker 4: It, because it matters if it's telephoned, word of mouth, or if you're able to show them the paper and read it to them.
Speaker 2: No, I'm talking about today's day and age, not back then.
Speaker 4: Right right, right, right, right, exactly exactly, Yes, I agree with you. Later on in the New test meant Paul all right, dude who wrote most of the New Testament, later on said, and I'm quoting here, a woman cannot hold a position of leadership over a man. Now, that alone is a cherry picks statement, and that alone could be misquoted to mean that, Yeah, no.
Speaker 3: Woman's going to rise at the top of this church. No.
Speaker 4: No, See, if you read who that letter was being written to, you would learn that the women at the town where that was addressed to also couldn't read, So he wasn't speaking about that on behalf of all of Christendom. He was speaking about this one particular group in general. In that same letter, he has like eight different women he called out for being amazing leaders, wonderful people as far as like portraying the message and all these things. So like as he is saying that, he's also giving certain women within that community their flowers, their props. It wasn't towards all women, but certain denominations have taken that to apply it to all women.
Speaker 3: That's where this kind of comes from.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I mean whatever, it's Uh, it's kind of like a tradition I guess at this point to not even you know, allow women to be ordained or whatever it's.
Speaker 4: I don't noticean faiths allow it. Most, not all, but most Protestant faiths allow women to be pastors, even if it's two only women congregations. Like if a woman just throwing this out, if you've got a weekend women's conference going on, I'm just being here. Maybe I'm just speaking on behalf of men here. Maybe we shouldn't be in the fucking room, dude. Maybe women should be ministering to other women because they know what the fuck other women might be going through that men have no fucking clue about.
Speaker 3: That's just me now.
Speaker 4: At the same time, if I'm at a men's conference or something, perhaps a woman shouldn't be preaching to.
Speaker 3: A room full of men. I might. I might be blowing people's minds right now, But that's just me. You see.
Speaker 4: I believe that there is a place, as far as pastor work goes in ministry for all people of all backgrounds and all sexes. There's two, by the way, but you see my point.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I mean it's an old rule when they just haven't changed it kind of thing exactly.
Speaker 3: I mean, they have nuns.
Speaker 4: They have nuns, which also, interestingly enough, the nuns being the sisters and things.
Speaker 3: They have friars or brothers of the of the Catholic Church.
Speaker 4: Our current pope was a friar that later became a priest and we're going to talk about the difference between the two as well, because honestly, I didn't know much about.
Speaker 3: That until today.
Speaker 4: But we're getting back to the message here. So long story short, why aren't women a part of the process? Long story short? Tradition and misquoted Biblical let's go.
Speaker 2: So the voting process is a secret. But Benedict tightened the oath of secrecy in the conclave, making clear that anyone who reveals what went on outside faces automatic excommunication. And John Paul's rules, excommunication was always a possibility, but Benedict revised the oath that liturgical assistants and secretaries take to make it explicit, saying they must observe absolute and perpetual secrecy and explicitly refrain from using any audio or video recording devices. They now declare in quotes, I take this oath fully aware that an infraction thereof will incur the penalty of automatic excommunication reserved to the Apolisticostolics. He Apostolic there we go. See, so help me God and these Holy Gospels which I touch with my hand.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 4: So basically, what goes on in the College of Cardinals in the conclave stays in the conclave.
Speaker 3: And that's fine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they got Vegas rules. It's all good.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So how does the conclave announce that they've selected a new pope? After the ballots are pierced, they are burned in a cylindrical stove at the end of the voting session. Black smoke from smoke from the Cystine chapel chimney means no decision. White smoke signals the cardinals have chosen a pope and that he has accepted. Chemical cartridges are added to ensure that there is no confusion over the color. To produce black smoke, a cartridge containing potassium per per chlorate, an thrust scene the component of coal, tar and sulfur is burned with the ballots. For white smoke, a cartridge of potassium chlorate, lactose and chloroform resin is burned with the ballots. Bells are also run to signal the election of a new pope. For further clarity, a new pope is introduced from the loggia overlooking Saint Peter Square with the words habbi habi mus papem, which means we have a pope and his chosen papal name. The new Pope then emerges and gives his first blessing, which we just kind of.
Speaker 4: Saw indeed, indeed so real quick. Also a quick side bit of knowledge. Why do pope choose new names? Well, that wasn't always the case. The first guy to do that, as a matter of fact, was a dude whose given name was Mercury in the year five thirty three a d and at a time when they were still trying to leave the ways of ancient Rome behind them. You didn't want to have Pope Mercury being the guy, right, so he decided to take a new name. And since five point thirty three to now, when a new pope takes over, he leaves his birth name behind him and he takes on a new name. So that's kind of the the backstory to that one there.
Speaker 2: That is very, very extremely symbolic. Bro, Like this is can I just can I just give you a little symbolism right now before we forget. So I've been, dude, I've been deep diving on this number eighty eight because it keeps on popping up like crazy with with this new pope and the old pope and then of course what's his name from the World of World Economic Forum clouds swap, yeah, and there just seems to be eighty eight all over the damn place. So this pope gets it, gets elect on the eighth, which is okay, whatever, no big deal. But then there's also a lot of mercury symbol Mercury symbolism with the number eighty eight as well. This is where it gets really strange. So the uh it says, uh, this makes okay. So Mercury takes exactly eighty eight earth days to orbit the Sun. Did you know that?
Speaker 3: So one Mercury year is eighty eight earth days? I did not know that.
Speaker 2: Eighty eight days? Okay? And the first pope to go not by his real name was fucking Mercury.
Speaker 3: Are you shitting me? In five thirty three a d.
Speaker 2: You want to hear another fun fact? So this new pope, he's actually a fan. He's from Chicago. He's a huge White Sox fan, right shocker. So this is going to trip you the fuck out, bro. So let me try and find it here because I have a bunch of stuff all over the dan place.
Speaker 3: Okay, so share the screen?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, I'll just read it. So he's a Chicago White Sox fan. He's a lifelong supporter of the Chicago White Sox. Pope Leo the fourteenth was spotted attending the two thousand and five World Series, where the White Sox clinched their first championship in how many years? Go ahead and say it, oh, oh, hey, eighty eight years? He went to that game. Dude, what dude, I'm saying it. That's just a little taste. That's just a little taste of the eighty eights that we're going to be getting into today. Because it is absurd how many synchronous like coincidences, synchronous. He's whatever you want to call him with this eighty eight. It gets wild.
Speaker 3: Dude, I don't even know what to say to this.
Speaker 2: I don't either. I don't either. I'm just like, why are we seeing this number all over the place?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 4: Well, I can't wait to hear even more about it, because I mean that, to be fair, we talked about the number eighty eight last week and the week before because we're events just keep on playing out and that number just keeps on coming up. I know my Southern red neckedness is coming out. When I think eighty eight, I think of Dale Earnhardt's car number when he was you know, he was number eight and then he became the eighty eight.
Speaker 8: Right.
Speaker 2: But Klaus Schwab, he exits the world economic for him at eighty eight years old. Pube Francis dies at eighty eight years old. This new guy, like, what is going like the matrix is starting to glitch. I think a little bit, dude.
Speaker 4: I'm not even I'm not even trying to throw more weight into this. But to your point, second day of voting, fourth ballot, I.
Speaker 2: Was thinking that too. I didn't want to say.
Speaker 4: It, and it was on the eighth day of the month, Like I fuck me. Here we are, yeah, Like, what are we talking about here?
Speaker 2: The double infinity, the double or boros?
Speaker 4: Damn it, it's all symbolic, ladies and gentlemen, It's all part of.
Speaker 2: The plan, or should I say, for those that don't know, the ora boros the fucking snake eating its own tail. If that's not symbolic enough for you for the.
Speaker 3: Pope, yeap. All right, geez, here we go. So this is from the Vatican News.
Speaker 4: Is an article, and we're gonna kind of jump in and out of this one a little bit here. But this is a biography of Pope Leo the fourteenth, born Robert Francis Prevost.
Speaker 2: Okay, Bob, yeah, Bobby Probert. Oh, his middle name is Francis.
Speaker 3: That's interesting, isn't it interesting how that played out?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, okay, So anyhow, the first Augustinian Pope, uh Leo the fourteenth is the second Roman pontiff after Pope Francis from the Americas, unlike Jorge Madiol Bogoglio. However, the sixty nine, oh sixty nine, okay, the sixty nine year old Robert Francis prevost is from the northern part of the continent, though he spent many years as a missionary in Peru before being elected head of the Augustinians for two consecutive terms.
Speaker 3: So quick, real quick. So he's only sixty nine years old.
Speaker 4: Now, I know that that seems old to a lot of people, a lot jo for sixty nine probably seems old. But like as far as being a pope goes, that's pretty young.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, I mean I don't at least in our lifetimes, we've only ever had really old popes.
Speaker 4: I mean, right, yeah, I mean since our lifetime we had John Paul, then Benedict and Francis. And I mean John Paul served for a good long while there. But I mean he also lived longer than most people expected. But I mean, even with nothing else, even if we are expecting him to go only to eighty eight like Francis, that means that he will be leading the Catholic Church for around twenty years, which is a lot. That's twenty years worth of things that he will be able to make happen. Okay, entire religious dogmas and practices that he will be able to change in that time.
Speaker 3: Now will he? Will he not?
Speaker 4: We're all speculating and hypothetical here, but let's talk more about this whole first Augustinian Pope, because I'm gonna be honest with you. I had never heard of the Augustinian Order before this guy. I had heard of the Order of jesus Aka or the Society of jesus Aka, the Jesuits. I had heard of the Society of mary Aka, the Mariuses. I had heard of these other groups within the Catholic Church. Never heard of Augustinian as an organization, now, I know, saying Augustus or Augustine, Augustine, Augustine, whatever.
Speaker 3: You want to say.
Speaker 4: He was a big time writer as far as when Christianity became a thing. He was a He actually got to start in Neoplatonism, and then whenever he found his faith. He used the blending of philosophy with the actual biblical texts to formulate and describe what we now mostly call New christiandom, but we'll get to him in a moment.
Speaker 3: Anyway, Let's learn more about this.
Speaker 2: So the New Bishop of Rome was born on September fourteenth, nineteen fifty five, in Chicago, Illinois, to Louis Marius Prevost of French and Italian descent and Mildrid Martinez of Spanish descent. He has two brothers, Louis Martin and John Joseph. He spent his childhood and adolescents with his family, and studied first at the Minor Seminary of the Augustinian Fathers and then at Villanova University in Pennsylvania, where in nineteen seventy seven he earned a degree in mathematics and also studied philosophy. On September first of the same year, Provost entered the Novitate Novitiate I don't know of the Order of Saint Augustine and Saint Louis in the province of Our Lady of Good Council of Chicago, and made his first profession on September second, nineteen seventy eight. On August twenty ninth, nineteen eighty one, he made his solemn vows.
Speaker 4: The real quick Let's learn a little bit about that Order of Augustine.
Speaker 3: All right, you were just a little quick backstory about it, you know, leg go.
Speaker 9: Saint Augustine, generally called Augustinians or austin Friars, is a Catholic religious order. It was founded in twelve fifty four by bringing together several aramitical orders in the Tuscany region who were following the Rule of Saint Augustine written by Saint Augustine of Hippo in the fifth century. In its establishment, in its current form, it was shaped as a mendicant order, one of the four great orders which follow that way of life. The order has done much to extend the influence of the Church, to propagate the Roman Catholic faith, and to advance learning. The order has in particular spread internationally the veneration of the Virgin Mary under the title of Our Lady of Good Counsel.
Speaker 3: So that was just the quick overture of it.
Speaker 4: But then there was this other video I wanted to show that I think actually does a pretty good job of showing the backstory of it, because real quick, do you even know who Saint Augustine is or Augustine?
Speaker 3: Have you ever heard of this? Dude?
Speaker 2: Couldn't tell you that I do, sir.
Speaker 4: Okay, fair enough, fair enough, And to be honest with you, most Christians, even that if you're not Catholic, have really and maybe heard of him as like a history, uh spark note of it, but don't really know much about him or.
Speaker 3: What he did.
Speaker 4: So here's another video, and this is from the Augustinians.
Speaker 3: Of the UK, and let's learn a little bit more about our boy here.
Speaker 2: I feel like we're watching like Rocky one yo.
Speaker 4: As we're talking about Chicago, you're gonna bring up Rocky.
Speaker 10: The Order of Saint Augustine, or the Augustinians, are members of a Roman Catholic order that was founded in twelve forty four AD. This community includes friars, nuns, and lay people, following in the footsteps of Saint Augustine of Hippo, an early Christian theologian who shaped the foundations of modern Christianity and Western philosophy. Though born over sixteen hundred years ago in three point fifty four AD, Saint Agustston's restless heart still resonates deeply with people from around the world. Much of what we know of Saint Augustine today comes from his influential works, The Confessions and The City of God. In his youth, Augustine rebelled against piety and led a hedonistic lifestyle. Unsatisfied, he turned to a search for knowledge, devoting himself to the art of rhetoric. But over and over he found that no amount of knowledge or worldly pleasure could quiet his restless heart. In his masterpiece The Confessions, Augustine writes that the decisive moment in his conversion occurred in a garden in Milan, where he heard a child's voice bid him take up and read. He opened the Bible, and, reading Saint Paul's Letter to the Romans, experienced a moment of metanoia. He found new purpose in the word of Jesus Christ and committed himself to serving God and his people. He was baptized and eventually became a renowned theologian, bishop and doctor of the Church. His teachings laid the foundations for Christian thought and have inspired generations of men and women to devote their lives to Christ. Today, thousands of Friars serve in over forty seven countries on every continent of the world. Following the example of Saint Augustine, these men and women commit their lives to serving all of God's people and spreading community and charity throughout the world.
Speaker 4: All right, So there's a little bit more backstory about Saint Augustine and how this order was founded. Now again to give Saint Augustine or Saint Augustine, however you want to pronounce it. His Flowers homeboy was a very prolific philosopher and debater. I mean, we wouldn't have called a debate back then. It was the art of rhetoric back in the day. But he was digging into every.
Speaker 3: Philosophical and not even like I want to say, ancient mystery school by any means, but basically Socrates, Aristotle.
Speaker 4: Plato, Neoplatonism, all these things. And like they said, he lived a very hedonistic lifestyle for his earlier years up until I want to say he was like twenty five twenty six, he basically did as Thou wilt, as was the going way in Rome at the time. And then while I say that he was in Hippo or at least that's where he wrote his big works and everything, then whenever he found God, he actually ended up writing more books and more works on Christian thought and theology, in Christ than Paul did.
Speaker 3: He wrote more.
Speaker 4: Than our boy who wrote most of the New Testament did in a shorter span of time.
Speaker 3: So homeboy just like got to work.
Speaker 4: And not everything he wrote people get down with.
Speaker 3: I understand that, But a lot.
Speaker 4: Of what he wrote is a lot of how the early Church started formulating their thought process to understanding the mind of God and the philosophy behind it all. So mad props to him as a as a writer and as a theologian, but neither here nor there. The Order was founded to kind of further that work, and it's seen as a charitable organization. Now put a big pin in this one as well, because when we get to the controversy surrounding the current pope about his actions while he was working with the Augustinian Order, turning a blind eye to certain allegations and misconducts that were done, I want everybody to keep in mind how this Order was founded and what it was for. We're gonna get to it all in a bit anyway. All right, here we go, the future Pontiff. We talked about him with his education a little bit. Then in Rome he was ordained a priest. Okay, so he became a friar. First he was a monk, a brother, if you will, and then became a pre later on. Now it says he took those vows in eighty one and he became a priest in eighty two. So I actually didn't know much of the difference between between a friar and a priest, to be honest with you, I know that they both are guys that commit their life to the church, you know, and they take vows of chastity and poverty and all these things. And I know one guy can like perform rites and one guy can't. Like one dude can hear confessions and the other dude can't. But like, that's about all I really knew about it. Have you ever thought about this?
Speaker 2: Friars were the ones that are basically rocking like the scullet, right, Yeah, okay, yeah, fucking weird guys. Yeah. I don't know too much about all of this, all the official kind of how they get down or whatever. I mean, it's I'm sure they have a reason for their occult like nature.
Speaker 4: Well, there you go, right, and so let's learn about it here. What is the difference between a friar and a priest?
Speaker 11: What is the difference between a friar and a priest. If you've ever found yourself wondering about the different roles within the Catholic Church, you're not alone. Let's break down the differences between a friar and a priest, two terms that are often confused but have distinct meanings. First, let's start with what they have in common. Both friars and priests are men who have dedicated their lives to serving the Catholic Church. However, their roles, lifestyles, and responsibilities can be quite different. A priest in the Catholic Church is a man who has received the sacrament of Holy Orders. This means he has the authority to celebrate the Mass, hear confessions, give absolution, and perform other sacraments. Priests can be associated with a diocese, a religious order, or a monastic community. For example, a diocesan priest works under the authority of a bishop and may own property or engage in various fas of ministry and administration. Now let's look at friars. A friar is a priest or a religious brother who is part of a mendicant religious order. The term friar comes from the Latin word frater, meaning brother. Friars live in communities called friaries and are known for their active ministry among the people. They preach, teach, care for the sick, and engage in various forms of service. Friars, such as Franciscans and Dominicans, take vows of poverty, chastity, and obedience to their superiors, known as provincials. Here's a key difference. Not all friars are priests. Some friars are religious brothers who have not been ordained but still live the consecrated life, following the same vows and lifestyle as friar priests. These brothers contribute to the community through various roles such as education, health care, or administrative tasks. In contrast, a priest who is not a friar might be a diocesan priest who works directly under a bishop and does not take vows of poverty. Diocesan priests can own property and engage in a wider range of activities outside their ministry. Another important distinction is where they live and work. Friars are often on the move, traveling to different places to carry out their ministry. Monks, on the other hand, live in monasteries and lead more stable, contemplative lives focused on prayer and work. Priests, depending on their role, might live in parishes, monasteries, or friaries. In summary, while both friars and priests are dedicated to serving the Church, the terms refer to different roles and lifestyles. Friars are part of mendicant orders, often engaged in active ministry among the people, and may or may not be priests. Priests in general have the authority to perform sacraments and can be associated with various forms of ministry within the church. Understanding these differences helps us appreciate the diverse ways in which individuals serve the Catholic Church.
Speaker 4: Okay, so that kind of breaks that down a little bit. Of the friars kind of they dedicate their lives to the church, but they also haven't gone that extra step of whenever they get the ability to get the Holy orders right, they are able to then like when they say give the sacraments, they literally mean like celebrate the Eucharist for instance, Right, a friar or a monk is not going to preside over the bread and wine part of the mass. Okay, They're not going to lead a mass. They may assist in that order. They may go help the sick, they may go help the poor in some way, shape or form. But they're also not going to be there to give somebody last rites on their deathbed. They can't hear confession, they can't give absolution or you know, absolving somebody of their sins, which that is another part of the Catholic Church that I don't necessarily agree with, but I'm not here for that conversation. The monks and the friars are not going to do that. A priest gets their Holy orders and can do that. So there's a distinct difference. Right, the friar's female counterpart in the monkst female counterparts would be the nuns. Right, Friars live in a friary. Nuns live in a nunnery, neither of which can do the shit that a pop or a pope a priest can do, but they do other types of really important work, kind of behind the scenes for the church.
Speaker 3: Are we all on the same page?
Speaker 2: Yep?
Speaker 3: Awesome? All right?
Speaker 4: So in Rome he was ordained a priest in June nineteenth, nineteen eighty two, at the Augustrian College at Saint Monica by Archbishop Jean Jaudeaux, then pro president of the Secretariat for Non Christians, which later became the Pontifical Council for the Interreligious Dialogue and then the Dicastery for inter Religious Dialogue, So they keep changing the names. But long story short, he was a secretariat, a secretary for this group that wants to go out and reach non Christians essentially right right.
Speaker 2: So Prevos obtained his licentiate in nineteen eighty four, and the following year, while preparing his doctoral thesis, he was sent to the Augustinian Mission in Chulu Khanas, Perua, Peru. In nineteen eighty seven, he defended his doctoral thesis on the role of the local Prior in the Order of Saint Augustine and was appointed Vocation Director and Missions Director of the Augustinian Province of Mother of Good Counsel in Olympia Fields, Illinois. Then he went on to mission in Peru. The following year he joined the mission in Trulio, also in Peru, as director of the Joint Formation Project for Augustinian candidates from the Vicarates Vicariates.
Speaker 4: There we go, I think Vicarates because like the vicar of Rome, Nourkoreates I don't fucking know.
Speaker 3: Yeah that of Trulikans.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they got a lot of big words of chulcanas, equidos and eppurimac.
Speaker 3: Can't pronounce these Peruvian words. Tell me I can't either.
Speaker 2: No, no Peruvian women. On the other hand, I can pronounce that. That being said, over the course of eleven years, he served as prior of the community from eighty eight to ninety two, formation director from eighty eight to ninety eight, and instructor of professed members from ninety two to ninety eight, and in the Archdiocese of Trulio as judicial Vicar from eighty nine to ninety eight and professor of canon law, patristics and moral theology at the major seminary San Carlos East San Marcello. At the same time, he was also entrusted with the pastoral care of Our Lady Mother of the Church, later established as parish of Saint Rita from eighty eight to ninety nine, in a poor suburb of the city, and was parish administrator of Our Lady of Montserrat from ninety two to ninety nine. In ninety nine, he was elected Provincial of the Augustinian Province of Mother of Good Counsel in Chicago, and two and a half years later, the Ordinary General Chapter of the Order of Saint Augustine elected him as Prior General, confirming him in two thousand and seven for a second term.
Speaker 4: And in story short, he was the Dude in charge of the Augustinian Order at this time.
Speaker 2: In October of twenty thirteen, he returned to his Augustinian priveent province in Chicago, serving as Director of Formation at the Saint Augustine Convent, First Councilor and Provincial vicar, roles he held until Pope Francis appointed him on November three, twenty fourteen, as I always fucking butcher that word appo apostolic, apostolic, I always want to say it weirder as Apostolic Administrator of the Peruvian Diocese of Chicklayo, elevating him to the episcopal dignity as titular Bishop of suffer. He entered the diocese on November seventh, and the presence of say it again, there we go Nancio James Patrick Green, who ordained him bishop just over a month later, on December twelfth, the Feast of Our Lady of Guadaloupe in the Cathedral of Saint Mary. His episcopal motto is in eo uno unum words pronounced by Saint Augustine and a servant on Psalm one twenty seven to explain that in quotes, although we Christians are many, in the One Christ, we are one.
Speaker 3: There you go.
Speaker 4: So we talk a little bit about him being a bishop in Peru for a bit. Then he was the Prefect of the Dicastry of Bishops. In January thirtieth, twenty twenty three, the Pope at the time, for instance, called him to Rome as Prefect of the Dicastry for Bishops and President of the Pontifical Commission for Latin America, promoting him to the rank of archbishop. Now what that means is that this guy was the dude in charge of naming who could and could not become bishop.
Speaker 3: Granted twenty twenty three to now, it's not a long time.
Speaker 4: But at the same time, he was definitely in charge of this, and he was he was a big player as far as his concern. Now again, all of this and nobody had them on the Bingo card. Nobody saw your boy pro Voste prevost as a potential real runner for the Pope. They just wasn't a thing. Maybe he wasn't loud enough. Maybe he was more about his business and not about the antics of it all.
Speaker 3: Or was he lying quietly in wait until the time came.
Speaker 2: He seemed like he was a h n I c at the time to me, So how this could have come from left field makes no sense.
Speaker 3: Right right? I don't know?
Speaker 2: So anyhow, he was created cardinal in twenty twenty four. Pope Francis created him cardinal in the consist Story of September thirtieth that year and assigned him the Diaconate of Saint Monica. He officially took profession on it of it on January twenty, twenty twenty four. As head of Dicastri, he participated in the Pope's most recent a a postalico Apostolic, ah Postolic, not Apostolic? Okay, Apostolic like apple app apple, there we go, see Aostolic. You know, That's just how it is anyway, is.
Speaker 4: The only way I know how to pronounce it is again because growing up that is the prayer that is said in the mass A lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I didn't grow up in church. I don't know these damn words.
Speaker 4: I feel you, dog, I feel you. And by the way, Apostolic just means Catholic.
Speaker 2: Can they just say that?
Speaker 4: Then that's easier, you would think, you would think, but they had to have a bunch of fancy Latin sounding words to mean everything.
Speaker 2: It's a whole thing, okay. So he participated in the Pope's most recent apostolic journeys and in both the first and second sessions in the sixteenth Ordinary General Assembly of the Synod Synod of Bishops on Snod Synodality, held in Rome from October fourth to twenty ninth and twenty twenty three, and from October second to the twenty seventh twenty twenty four, respectively. Meanwhile, on October fourth, twenty twenty three, Pope Francis appointed him as a member of the Dicastories for Evangelization, for the Doctrine of the Faith, for the Eastern Churches, for the Clergy, for Institutes of Consecrated Life and Societies of Apolistic Apostolic There we go Life, for Culture and Education, for legislative Texts, and of the Pontifical Commission for the Vatican City State.
Speaker 3: Finally, real quick, real quick, real quick.
Speaker 4: So you're saying that in October twenty twenty three, the Pope named him the leader of all of that, all of these things like that was a long mouthful here, dude, evangelication and new particular churches, for the Doctrine of the Faith, for the Eastern Churches, for the clergy, for institutes of consecrated life and societies about Basolic life, for the culture and education, for legislative text, and for the Pontifical Commission of the Vatican.
Speaker 3: Season. Bro, your boy was wearing like fifteen hats.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I mean, when you're not allowed to get asks, you gotta get to work, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: You gotta keep them hands busy, dog, say.
Speaker 2: This is what happens when we don't have women in our life, We actually get shit done? Am I right? Am I right? Ah?
Speaker 3: I all just kidd here. I'm just going to look. Find me a poor gay couple and I'll call you a liar.
Speaker 2: I mean, you find him at Aka all the time, and that's not necessarily a poor place.
Speaker 3: No, No, I'm just saying.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's not top notch by any means, but you know, right right Anyhow, Finally, on February sixth of this year, the Argentine Pope promoted him to the Order of Bishops, granting him the title of the Suburbicarean Church of Albano. Three days later, on February ninth, he celebrated the mass presided over the Pope or over by Pope Francis and Saint Peter's where for the Jubilee of the Armed Forces, the second major event of the Holy Year of Hope. During the most recent hospitalization of his predecessor at the Gamelli Hospital, Privos presided over the rosary for Pope Francis his health and Saint Peter Square on March third.
Speaker 4: Okay, so again, it's not like your boy came out of nowhere. He's been at the Vatican for quite some time and he had quite a long history as far as this goes. Now, let's talk a little bit more about his background with the Augustinian Order here, because some of his former friar brothers called him brother Bob. Yeah, old Bobert himself, and apparently everybody that knew him, even his brothers. There's so many different interviews with his brothers. He's got two of them, and they all say great things about him. Everybody says how just solid of a guy he was. Let's listen into more.
Speaker 6: It's here in our area there is growing interest to learn more about the pope and his plans for his papacy's shedding some light on that. A friar from the Bronx who has known and worked with Pope Leo for more than two decades, I would have seen supporter Anthony Carlo Is outside Saint Nicholas of Tolentine in University Heights with that part of our coverage.
Speaker 8: Anthony wells long before Pope Leo the fourteenth was elevated to pontiff, and even long before he was bishop, he was a priest and a friar. In fact, as you mentioned, a couple of friars. His fellow friars reside here at Saint Nicholas of Tolentine in the Bronx. They tell me they never expected to see one of their own hold the highest position in the Catholic Church. But they told me this is the greatest moment of their lives. When Pope Leo the fourteenth emerged, he was shrouded in mystery for so many Catholics, eager to know more about the new leader of their church. But for Father Luis Vera at Saint Nicholas of Tolentine in the Bronx, it was like seeing an old friend.
Speaker 12: When I heard his name, I shocked, and then when he came out to the balcony, it was seeing it was like seeing your brother, your relative.
Speaker 8: That's because Father Vera has known Pope Leo for twenty five years. Both friars Pope Leo formerly Father Robert Prevost served as the head of the Augustinian Order.
Speaker 12: We sat together at the same table. He has a great sense of humor. He loves that friendship and that unity among the brothers. He is one of us.
Speaker 8: I'm a son of Saint Augustin some of Pope Leo the fourteenth first words appealing directly to his roots.
Speaker 12: We walk together, we journey together. I think that will be the message that he will give to all of us.
Speaker 8: A picture of the first us born Pope placed with pride in Saint Joseph's seminary in yonkers.
Speaker 13: Warriman to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit.
Speaker 8: Where Salvatore Soma is studying to become a priest.
Speaker 13: To you know, understand American culture and the American situation and you know American Catholicism and stuff like that. It's really it's I mean, it's really amazing, you know, to have a pope that I can look to and it's like, oh, he understand where I'm coming from.
Speaker 8: Vocations to the priesthood have steadily declined in the US from nearly sixty thousand in nineteen sixty five to just thirty three thousand, five hundred and eighty nine in twenty twenty four, but that Father Vera says could change.
Speaker 3: It might.
Speaker 12: Wakeman up to think about something they hadn't even been thinking about, because suddenly now you encounter it.
Speaker 3: A moment in history.
Speaker 8: Father Verus there tells me when he was in the seminary back in the eighties, he said there were so called Pope John Paul the second Seminarians who were inspired by the Pope at that time to enter the priesthood. We'll see if Pope Leo the fourteenth has the same impact. But we do know that he taught for some years in the seminary, so he certainly understands discernment and vocations.
Speaker 4: Okay, so from former brothers of his, and I didn't realize that he actually taught at the seminary school, so he was teaching dudes how to become priests. Like I mean, he he has no slouch in the ways and the knowledge, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean he seems pretty well read. I mean, he seems to be liked by the people that were around him. Okay, Well, so.
Speaker 3: Now this is a quick thing.
Speaker 4: It's his This is the new Pope's devotion to Saint Augustine. And it's a it's a quick little video here, but it also is from a few years back, but they just kind of resurfaced now talking about what he feels as far as the Augustine way, if you will, so no onfilio. Okay, So I'm just gonna read it here because he had he came out and started it in English, then he moved into Italian, and then he spoke in Spanish. So it says, I am a son of Saint Augustine and Augustinian who once said with you, I am a Christian for you, I am a bishop, which I like that personally is nice, sounds nice.
Speaker 2: So typically do Catholics consider themselves Christians? I thought that was yes. Okay, so.
Speaker 4: Most and by most I mean like ninety nine percent of Catholics acknowledge that they are Christians. Okay, so basically, if you acknowledge that Jesus is the son of God, and that he died on the cross and rose again and walked the earth, and he is still living to this day, then you acknowledge yourself to be a Christian. I have heard Catholics say that, no, I'm a Catholic, I'm not a Christian because they think that Christian means a Protestant title, even though that's not correct.
Speaker 2: But they're more proud of the Catholic title than they are of the Christian title, it seems.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So anyway, it says in this spirit, maybe all walk together toward that homeland that God has prepared for us.
Speaker 2: Typical pope speak, I would think.
Speaker 3: You know, I like it. I like it.
Speaker 4: He's trying to get the people, get the people going, oh, here we are.
Speaker 14: One of the reasons that The Confessions continues to be one of the widest read books in the history of the world is precisely because of Augustine's insight into human experience, and he does a magnificent job of communicating both his own experience and what he lived, and how that experience can indeed be a window, if you will, an opening to discovering a personal experience of God.
Speaker 4: Real quick, just for everybody who's listening instead of watching. What you're hearing now is the current Pope circa twenty twelve speaking about Saint Augustine's This is actually him himself speaking in English now.
Speaker 14: In human life, Augustin and the Confessions talks about friendship, talks about family, talks about the importance of his mother, talks about his father, talks about human ambition, talks about so many different aspects of human life, and then goes on to explain how these things helped or did not help his own personal pathway to discovering God and to discovering what He is really holy about life. In the highly individualistic society that people are growing up in, people think that my experience is the criteria. Am I happy or I'm not happy? What that might really be is do I feel pleasure or don't I feel pleasure? Or do I feel selfish? And if I feel okay, then that's all that matters. Certainly, Augustine's experience says that, well that isn't enough, and maybe what you're calling happiness isn't authentic happiness because you're going to lose that too. And most things that people seem to describe as well, why are you happy today are things that are either very superficial or at best important for a short period of time, but that aren't going to last forever. And Augustine gives some insight into helping people understand that having an experience of God brings you far beyond yourself, and that how an authentic experience of happiness has to include other people and has to include being concerned about other people, and those are elements that express, I think a very important part of the gospel message. It's not just about me and my experience of God either. You might have people say, oh, I have an experience of God and I don't have to do anything else. Well, then that's probably not an authentic experience of God, because, as we know from the Gospels, as we know from the Apostolic letters, if you love God, then you also need to be showing that by loving your neighbor, and that the two go hand in hand.
Speaker 4: Okay, so again, as far as who the guy is, the background of him, he seems like a solid jent you know, seems like a proper, proper priestly type dude. He's out here doing the right things for the right reasons, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean he's as popey as popes get.
Speaker 4: I think, well, at that point he was still a priest. But yeah, I see what you mean. That's but that's the background to him, you know. So, oht on as soon as this ad stops, all right, So I wanted to pull this up because I thought it was crazy. This was a super short conclave, or so I thought. So I also looked up it was this the shortest conclave ever? Two days? Like that seems crazy. They went into conclave in the afternoon. The following afternoon, they had a pope. Like that's got to be some kind of a record or something. Come to find out, not so much, but I find it interesting all the Well.
Speaker 15: Fourteenth is the first ever American to lead the Catholic Church. But this conclave felt really short.
Speaker 2: So how short was it?
Speaker 3: Really?
Speaker 15: Could it be the shortest ever? Well, it's definitely, well the shortest in history, but not the shortest. Here's where this conclave ranks among the quickest in history. So one thirty three cardinals elected a new Pope lead to fourteenth on the fourth ballot on day two.
Speaker 4: One thirty three, one hundred and thirty three cardinals elected him.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, do you remember that number we said earlier was one hundred and thirty eight.
Speaker 4: So you're telling me five dudes out of one hundred and thirty eight said somebody else. One hundred and thirty three of the one hundred and thirty eight said this is the guy on day two.
Speaker 2: Look, I think that the scripted things don't take time.
Speaker 4: Ah yes, making up was being put down, sir.
Speaker 2: Anybody remember how fast that COVID vaccine came out.
Speaker 4: I'm just saying, just siying. Anyway, let's continue here. So that was the fourth ballot on day two. Also important to keep in mind as we listen to more of these.
Speaker 15: According to Vatican News, the shortest conclave ever that was back in fifteen oh three, right after Pope Pious third died, Hope Julius the Second was elected after just a few hours. He's known as the Warrior Pope, launching military campaigns and starting the rebuilding of Saint Peter's Basilica. Now to more recent examples, in two thousand and five, Pope Addict the sixteenth was chosen on the fourth ballots also on day.
Speaker 4: Two, fourth ballot, Day two, that was Pope Benedict. That's the guy that stepped down. The second pope in history to ever step down.
Speaker 3: Was elected as fast as this guy was. Okay, interesting to bring up. Also, this dude.
Speaker 15: In nineteen thirty nine, right before World War Two, Hope Pious to twelfth was elected on the third ballot again on.
Speaker 4: Day two two to that pope that was elected. That's the guy that helped Nazis escape through rat lines to Argentina.
Speaker 2: How about that?
Speaker 3: So he was elected very quickly as well.
Speaker 2: But you know, okay, you said he helped Nazis or he helped people escape from Nazis.
Speaker 4: No, he helped the Nazis, the guys that were murdering the Jews. He helped them escape to Argentina and Brazil through rat lines. That was all funded through the Catholic Church. That was the pope that they just said.
Speaker 2: So you have a pope that helps Nazis escape, and then you have the first ever pope to step down, and now you have this guy all elected on the second day.
Speaker 4: Yeah, interesting enough that the guy I'm talking about, if anybody wants to look it up. Pope Pious the seventh, I'm sorry, that's the twelfth, Pope Pious the twelfth. If you want to know an entire, entire rabbit hole to go down to. We've talked about Project paper Clip numerous times. We've talked about the Nazi and bohem mean colonies that are all over South America.
Speaker 3: There's over like fifty of.
Speaker 4: These people who are all super German, whose great grandfathers and grandfathers all came here with Nazi memorabilia and SS things on their collars, in the whole nine. And yes, we at the Cult of Conspiracy do believe that Hitler did escape to South America.
Speaker 3: That's a that's a thing that we believe in here.
Speaker 2: It's kind of like a foregone conclusion, to be honest.
Speaker 3: Helped them do it. Yeah, wait, what did you say?
Speaker 2: No, I said, it's kind of like a foregone conclusion to me that he escaped to Argentina, that he didn't die in Germany.
Speaker 4: There's still people that argue that point, and it blows my mind, like it's there's so many documentaries and so much actual facts on this.
Speaker 2: But you know, well, whatever, those are the same people that believe Middle Easterners took down the Twin Towers.
Speaker 3: Fair, fair point.
Speaker 4: So yeah, anybody want to look set up on their own Pope Pious the twelfth and his ties to Nazis's it's a good, fascinating little deep die.
Speaker 15: But let's keep going on the third ballot again on day two. So yeah, this one was definitely one of the shorter ones in history. On the flip side, though, the longest comeclave ever back into twelve hundreds, it took almost three years. People were so frustrated they literally ripped the roof off and fed cardinals only bread and water until they made the decision. And thankfully, conclaves in recent decades have been lasting a shorter amount of time, typically taking two to three days.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so there you go, and that is the backstory here. There's more to that longest conclave in history, but we're not going to get into all of that. Is it's pretty funny. These dudes could not agree, and there was a lot of infighting and political reasons for all of this. Then the people, not the other priests, not the no no, no, the people got together and barricaded the doors and ripped off the roof and literally fed them bread and water and started cutting back on the amount of bread and water.
Speaker 3: Until they made a decision.
Speaker 4: Because at that time the Pope Hoole hailed a lot of sway as far as the royal families were concerned and all of those things. So it was a religious position, but way more of a political position at that time as well. But anyway, and that's the that was when Gregory the tenth was elected pope. If anybody wants to look into that history deep dive as well. Now I found this website here. This is the College of Cardinals report dot com. And yeah, it goes into a lot of his background and the things and the stuff, but we also see a little bit of his voting status and his sway and opinions on certain important topics for the day and age here. So he was born uh September fourteenth, nineteen fifty five. He is currently sixty nine years old. Again, that means that he literally has the I mean, of course, pope is a position that people typically die in, except for two examples of them not So he's going to be in this position for a very long time unless you know, something happens and his health fails. We already talked a little bit about his background with his you know, his college and his friarship, and then his priesthood and then his bishopship and then his archbishopship when he was created.
Speaker 3: Cardinal, all of the things.
Speaker 4: So let's just jump on down to where he stands on ordaining female deacons. He is opposed to this, Okay, So even still, while there's women that are holding up banners saying ordain women outside of Saint Peter's Basilica right now, he is still vehemently saying women don't belong there.
Speaker 2: For the next ten to twenty years, least.
Speaker 4: At least at least blessing same sex couples, he actually has.
Speaker 3: Gone more in favor, like Pope Francis has.
Speaker 4: And I'm not saying that they're gonna have gay marriages and Catholic churches, but they're also willing to acknowledge them within the Catholic faith. That's kind of a biggie, especially with the modern staunchness of Catholic people. Okay, Yes, there are certain countries that that's gonna be seen very positively, and there are certain countries that's going.
Speaker 3: To be seen very negatively.
Speaker 4: So as far as that goes, I don't believe that this is a thing that oh, tons of popes been like that in the past. Francis was kind of the first. And this guy, as they're saying, is going to be a Francis two point zero.
Speaker 3: It's starting to look that way.
Speaker 2: I mean, just from Chicago, you know he is.
Speaker 4: But also Charlie Kirk posted on x a print out or not print out a snapshot of your boy Robert Prevost now pop leo his voting record. He's a registered Republican and a pretty die hard Republican voter. As a matter of fact, throughout the years where he did vote in America. Yes, we lived in Peru, he didn't vote bah bah blah. But while he was living in America, I don't think there was one vote that he actually threw a dal on there.
Speaker 3: It was all ours.
Speaker 4: So I'm wondering if his time in Peru swayed him a bit. I'm wondering if his position in the Catholic Church swayed him a bit. I'm wondering if Francis got into his head with his liberal bullshit and kind of turned him in that regard. I don't know, but let's keep going here making priestly celibacy op Schnel. This is a thing that has been brought up before because I feel like you would have a lot more dudes going to be priests if they were allowed to be married.
Speaker 2: I mean, and yeah, we're not talking about having like some pimps out there. It's just like a guy who marries a woman and you know they make divine coitus.
Speaker 4: Indeed, I like that you said that that way too, right within the sanctity of marriage to people be fucking as they can and should. The Bible says to do it. Matter of fact, for everybody out there listening. The Bible's very clear about this, like you and your spouse need to be having lots of sex, like lots of it. It actually says to never withhold sex from your spouse except for during a time of fasting.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 4: That's clearly it, and I want that to go on record. People need to know this. God wants married people to have sex with each other. Like I know, that's a crazy thing that people might not know, but you need to hear it. So if nowhere else you're gonna hear it on the fucking cult conspiracy anyway, Yeah, buddy, restricting the Vedas Ordo, the old Latin Mass. He doesn't really say one way or another on this. I know a lot of people are hoping that he brings back the Latin Mass. I don't know if he's gonna because Francis could have been, should have en, didn't. But whatever Vatican China secret accords. So that one's kind of an interesting one. So China has a nationwide rule against religions, right, the Chinese Communist Party, the CCP, as we always bring up, and I will bring up until the day I die.
Speaker 2: Trump don't trust China.
Speaker 3: China is ass hoo.
Speaker 4: I think that that just needs to be said as often as humanly possible.
Speaker 2: Did you just never exit out that clip or did you pull it?
Speaker 3: Never? Will I ever? Never will I ever.
Speaker 4: I'm still finding a way of how I'm gonna put it on audio and put it on my soundboard. I gotta call the road cast people to see how to do that, or read the manual, but you know I don't be liking to read. But anyway, beside the point, So China has thrown so many priests into prison, okay, and I mean it's not just Catholic priests. Pretty much anybody that goes to China for missions work has to go super undercovered because if you're shown it by anybody that you are preaching or spreading religious doctrine in China, you're realistically either going to be killed or get life in prison.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that'll get down with religion out there, more philosophy driven, like they get down with Daoism and shit like that. But as far as religion goes, nah, not.
Speaker 3: So much, not so much.
Speaker 4: Right, So the Vatican China Secret Accords, seeing if he and g got a little backdoor deal, burning still a question mark on that one. Promoting a synatical or snodal church. Okay, now what is the evidence for this? Prevas is a strong supporter of sindality, probably mispronouncing that he has been described as a vocal proponent of Pope Francis's emphasis on making the church structure more inclusive and participsy seeing sidnatality, siddonality.
Speaker 2: Yes, sidnality, what side anality, it looks like sidonality.
Speaker 3: There you go. As a way to address polarization within the church.
Speaker 4: He connects signedality with the need for consultation and lay involvement. So he's trying to make it way more inclusive, and by that they do mean the multi gender, the same sex marriage, all these things. He's for including more people into the church, which I understand because Catholic attendance in America, not across the entire world, but in America is on the downtick. It is taking off in Africa and in South America right now. And mark my words, we will see a revival in the Asian countries probably within the next fifteen years. China maybe, but I'm also seeing the other ones as well, but that seems to be the next place where it's going to like pop off. We'll see focusing on climate change. Yeah, your boy believes in global warming, because that's a whole thing. Uh renaissance reassessing human tae vite.
Speaker 3: Don't know exactly what these words mean, but no.
Speaker 4: Question mark on that one. A communion for divorced and remarried people. So as of right now, if you are divorced and remarried, you cannot be taken up the sacraments in the Catholic Church.
Speaker 3: That's a thing, right, Yeah, So.
Speaker 2: They restrict people getting married a second time essentially, is what you're saying.
Speaker 4: You can get remarried, but you're not going to be taking up the bread and wine. Okay, yeah, they are going to be taking the Eucharist if you're a divorcee. That's a thing U. Catholics look very very frowned upon with the divorcing and things.
Speaker 2: I wish they felt that way about preest diddling kids, you know, I mean whatever.
Speaker 4: Oh, put a pin in that one, brother, because I wish we didn't have to talk about that today. I didn't even know that we get boy's been in office for less than a week and he's already being smacked with accusations as we speak.
Speaker 2: M now no himself. Can we just be can we just be real here? And I'm not saying that this is right by any means, but do you think the reason why priests are often touching choir boys or whatever they are, the the the youthful males of the church. Do you think the reason do you think that that would possibly go away if they were allowed to have a wife and you know, have sex with their wives or you know. I'm not I'm not saying that it's a it's a it's a good alternative by any means. I'm just saying that, like I I would imagine that they have a lot of energy that has been pent up and they they give it to the little boys over there.
Speaker 4: You know, I would like to believe that, yes, if clergymen in the Catholic faith were allowed to take wives, that a lot of the abuse would stop. That being said, how many coaches have you heard of that were abusing their athletes that were also married?
Speaker 2: Yeah, boy scouts as.
Speaker 3: Well, exactly exactly right.
Speaker 4: So, and I'm not saying that just because somebody is a priest that instantly that means that they are like pedophilic in nature. The ratios are the ratios on that though, it's like you're more likely than not.
Speaker 3: It's like, and I hate that too.
Speaker 4: It's like saying you're a Scout leader for your son's boy Scout troupe. Ratios being what they are, you're statistically more likely to be a.
Speaker 3: Pedophile. I'm trying to find a better word to say it, but yeah.
Speaker 4: A kid diddler right that being said, dude, monsters are everywhere. I wish that the Catholic Church would do justice by these victims and scorched the earth whenever one of these things happen, if for nothing else to save your own face, but instead they keep cutting off the nose to spite their own fucking face. It's a problem, it really is. But we're going to get to that because I'm not saying that Pope Leo has any accusations against himself as far as he is concerned. But there are some accusations of him turning a blind eye more than a few times, and that's already come to light. But anyway, so now this article kind of gets more into the realm of why it is such a big deal that an American is now the pope. So let's talk about it here a little bit.
Speaker 2: Oh, okay, would like me to reader, No, No, I just I just was thinking about something else. Anyway. It says of the two hundred and sixty six popes who have led the Catholic Church, not one of them had been from the United States until Thursday. The cardinal electors gathered for the papal conclave elected an American from among their own ranks on Thursday to serve as the new pontiff. Chicago born Cardinal Robert Privos was elected and accepted his fate as the next Bishop of Rome, leader of the world's one point four billion Catholics. He chose Leo the fourteenth as his papal name, while the relative youth of the nation. Fewer than twenty of the church's previous popes had served after the US declaration of independence in seventeen seventy six. One prominent US bishop offered a possible explanation for the lack of an American leader of the world's Catholics a day before his election. Robert Baron, bishop of the Diocese of Winona, Rochester and Minnesota, was appointed less than a week ago by President Trump to the new White House Commission on Religious Liberty. This week, however, he was at the Vatican with hundreds of other prelates as the Cardinal elector gatherer gatherer for the conclave to choose a new pontiff. Baron spent days speaking with the cardinals, including one hundred and thirty three cardinal electors tasked with the electing with electing the new pope, as they tried to figure out among them elves who would be best to lead the church.
Speaker 4: Indeed, indeed, now this is a direct quote from him, and I feel like this needs to be touched.
Speaker 3: On a bit.
Speaker 2: Cardinal George of Chicago of happy memory was one of my great mentors. And he said, look, until America goes into political decline, there won't be an American pope. And his point was, if America is kind of running the world politically, culturally, economically, they don't want they don't want America running the world religiously. So I think there's some truth to that that we're such a superpower and so dominant that they don't want to give us also control over the church.
Speaker 3: That let's talk.
Speaker 2: Who said this.
Speaker 4: This was a cardinal George of Chicago, Okay, So I don't know.
Speaker 2: Oh that was that's right, Okay, So with that okay, or.
Speaker 4: The guy who was saying it was his Barren dude, but he was saying that this was cardinal from him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so there's a out of truth in what he just said. Okay, America.
Speaker 4: And yes, I know people from other countries are going to disagree with this, agree to disagree.
Speaker 3: It is what it is. The numbers of the numbers. Read a book.
Speaker 4: Okay, America does run the world politically, culturally, and economically.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 4: And if you don't believe that, Trump throws some tariffs on and all of a sudden, the world shuts down. If France through tariffs on half the world, right now, do you think anyone would give a fuck?
Speaker 3: Eh?
Speaker 2: Not really, that's my point. Okay, we would just make freedom fries. Remember when we did that, there was French fries and then we had some shit going on with France and then we were all freedom fries.
Speaker 4: Believe it or not, France, French fries don't even come from France. That's a whole thing. That's a yeah, it's well.
Speaker 2: I imagine that a French kiss doesn't come from France either.
Speaker 4: I think an Australian kiss does. Though, what is that It's like a French kiss but down under? Ah, but I do think that actually gets it's you know, if you want to contechnicle, I feel like Parisians, those from Paris kind of started though, kind of lingis and could be wrong on that.
Speaker 3: I guess right.
Speaker 4: So, all right, he's saying that as long as America is running the reins on the world, why would the popes or why would the cardinals want an American to run the Catholic Church as well? They wanted to at least hold some sort of power over something European. Your boy, Pope Francis kind of shafted the spectrum on that a little bit. He was the first non European pope to be elected. They argue an African won at one point in time, but again it's different day and age, different conversation. My point being, for over a thousand years, no dude outside of Europe has ever sat in the seat. So when Francis took that spot, it was shocking, like earth shattering to a lot of Catholics. Now an American, a lot of people are pissed about this. A lot of Americans are super stoked about it. And I mean rightfully, so you know what I mean, Merca, it'd be like that, I get it.
Speaker 3: Fuck yeah.
Speaker 4: But the pride of it, right that being said, it's a if what he is saying is true. If America is kind of the run of the world politically, culturally, economically, all these things. He is saying that, look, until America goes into political decline, there won't be an American pope. Now as these secret College of Cardinals meets up and has their votings in all these things, and they elected an American dude that fucking fast. This makes me wonder, Jonathan, my good sir, as I'm one to do from time to time. Do they know something that we don't, because as of this very moment, as of the election, America is still.
Speaker 3: Running this shit pretty handily.
Speaker 4: But do they know a little something about something going on in the world stage that maybe the American public is not privy too, that perhaps we are about to be on the decline.
Speaker 2: I mean, it could have this guy could have just that could have just been his opinion. I mean, he's from he was a cardinal from Chicago. You know, that was probably a very tainted American pope or cardinal or bishop or whatever. That's like, man, we're never gonna get it because we're just big dick and everything.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 2: That's how I could see that this.
Speaker 3: Is very true. This is very true.
Speaker 4: But again, dude, keep in mind those numbers on that vote, one hundred and thirty three out of one hundred and thirty eight. That wasn't like he barely got the two thirds majority. That was a sweep. Yeah, that was damn near what's it called unanimous?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, for sure. That's a Grand Slammy type numbers right there.
Speaker 4: I'm just wondering if this might that we need to brace for impact. I could be so wrong, and maybe I'm being a bit of a pessimist here, but that's what we do on this show. We look at the glass half full, and we look at the glass half him. Do we look at it from all sides?
Speaker 2: Either that or because the Antichrist A lot of people believe that it's going to be coming from America, right strictly because it's like the Horror of Babylon or some shit.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, we're definitely in the New Babylon. I'll give you.
Speaker 2: That, right, and then you get an you get an American from like, you know, basically the I don't even know what you would say about that. I mean, would you say that he would be kind of like a demon of the Antichrist, a follower of a follower of the Antichrist? Possibly if we are to believe that whole story, which I'm not gonna lie, I get it, I do get it. We you know, basically run this whole damn place and they say that, you know, this is the devil's playground called Earth right.
Speaker 4: No doubt, Although I still don't think we are at the point where the Antichrist is about to make his way known at this moment, possibly another five or ten years, possibly in another one hundred years, like we don't actually know, possibly in a thousand years, we don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't even actually, I don't even actually believe that the Antichrist is going to be a person.
Speaker 4: Well that's what old boy Abdullah al Sadi Hassani and blah blah blah blah blah blah blah bah blah says. It's America as in totality he is saying, is the Antichrist.
Speaker 2: Well, he takes way too many boner pills to be even talking. I think with all the boon tang that he's slain within his cold.
Speaker 4: Followers willingly and against their will as it turns out, you know, that's the whole thing making him getting abortions and shit, and somehow he still is allowed to operate. But that's the thing, right so England being the uh sanctuary for people of the Islamic faith that they are right now, of course he's a allowed to have a cult compound with two hundred people living in this place and it's just a whole rape fest in there because that's.
Speaker 3: Well, that's just a part of their culture. You know. We can't stop that. Well, yeah, that's because it's got their own ship to deal with.
Speaker 2: That's because God wants me to have all the women. God wants me to have a Bugotti. You know, like, uh, what was that movie from? It was like, oh shit, it wasn't Kat Williams. It was another one of the funny guys is the.
Speaker 3: One where a little bow Wow wan oh as Mike.
Speaker 2: Caps, Yeah, wasn't my caps.
Speaker 4: It was bow Wow won the lottery and he goes to church that Sunday and like he don't want nobody know he's got the winning lottery ticket and the pastor is straight up preaching to him, saying, the Lord wants me to have the women's he wants me to have a Bugotti.
Speaker 3: It's like, bro, what that was a good one.
Speaker 2: That was a good movie. So anyhow he would you want me to continue reading here?
Speaker 4: Yeah, we might as well. Here it says what do Catholics want in their next Pope. I don't know if this is absolutely true or not, if this is speaking on behalf of all Catholics. This is from CBS News, by the way, but I feel like, you know, me not being a Catholic, you not being a Catholic. Maybe they got a little insight from some people of the Catholic persuasion that spoke about what they hope this guy will bring to the table.
Speaker 2: So he was undoubtedly qualified as the only clear qualifications for the role of pontiff are that candidates be male and Roman Catholic. But emerging on top of the necessary backing of just over two thirds of voting cardinal electors, electors required more than just eligibility. Originally from Chicago, Prevost has been the head of the Church's dicastery for bishops. The powerful position means he oversaw this election of new bishops for any cardinal electors who may have been turned off by prevost American nationality. It's not his only one. He's a dual citizen, holding nationality in both the US and Peru, where he served for many years.
Speaker 4: So you remember how we just said that Pope Francis put into the position, or did I tell you this part yet one hundred and thirty eight that went, oh yeah, we talked about eighty percent. Eighty percent of the cardinals that voted were put there by Francis himself. Right, This guy was in charge of raising priests to bishops who could then be brought up to archbishops and cardinals in his next go round.
Speaker 3: So he is about to go through the process.
Speaker 4: Of stacking the deck for his successor once the time comes, and he already laid the foundational groundwork for it before he ever took the seat again. Almost like there was a plan afoot.
Speaker 2: Sounds like a pyramid scheme to me.
Speaker 3: I mean, name of business that's not built like a pyramid.
Speaker 2: Oh no, I was just saying, it's kind of funny that it's a pyramid scheme, but it's the Vatican.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'd be like that dude, for sure.
Speaker 2: So anyway, the LGBTQ Catholics hope for inclusion under new pope, says well. Privost is seen as a is seen overall as a centrist. On some key social issues, he's viewed as progressive. He has long embraced marginalized groups a lot like Francis, who championed migrants and the poor, But also like Pope Francis, the Illinois native opposes ordaining women as deacons, for instance, So on that point he's seen as conservative on church doctrine.
Speaker 4: So conservative in some ways, progressive on other ways, but I'm very curious.
Speaker 3: Did I load this up twice? You must have, Yeah, I must have. My apologies.
Speaker 2: So here we go.
Speaker 3: Now, this is from the Catholic Herald. Why not in American pope? Right?
Speaker 4: This was released two years ago, and I think this also kind of goes in lines with what we were reading about with the whole not until we were to fall politically on the world stage. But this goes a little more in depth as to why it was such a big deal, why an American would not take the papacy.
Speaker 2: So twenty twenty two was actually three years ago. Jacob were living in twenty five, he said, two years.
Speaker 4: Ago, my bad, I said twenty twenty two. There was a lot of twos being thrown out.
Speaker 3: My bad three years ago.
Speaker 2: So for years, the the consensus was that an American pope would never fly. Since the US overtook the British Empire as the world's pre eminent political and economic power, the consensus has been that an American pontiff would concentrate too much power in one country, while a non American head of the Catholic Church would offer some counterweight to US influence. Smarting Europeans and Latin Americans would the consistent the consensus went be especially wary of electing a pope from the US, but times change. Today, the US faces the prospect of relative decline as threat of war hangs over the country, not least from the popes or from the People's Republic of China. While a heavy blow to US influence, this could open the door for an American pope, as Europeans and Latin Americans, as well as others from the Global South, already hugely represented among the College of Cardinals, warm up to this idea. There is prospect of a dark horse candidate such as conservative Cardinal Burke or perhaps the newly promoted Cardinal macelroy, but other front runners could include Cardinal Sean O'Malley, Archbishop of Boston and a member of the Order of Friars minor Capuchin, as well as Cardinal Timothy Dolan, the Archbishop of New York, both of whom scored relatively well in twenty thirteen vote which saw Pope Francis paved the way for a non European pontiff. As reported by America Magazine back in twenty thirteen, in the first round of voting for the next Pope, Cardinal O'Malley came fourth with ten votes, and according to Gerard O'Connell, the Archbishop of Boston had much in his favor. He was a pastor well liked, with a simple lifestyle, he speaks Spanish fluently, and as a sterling track record on handling cases of sexual abuse of minors by clergy. Cardinal Dolan also received two votes in the first round. Both O'Malley and Dolan are also relatively young, at seventy eight and seventy two, respectively.
Speaker 4: All Right, so real quick, real quick, did you hear any of our boy's name being thrown out there? Not yet, There's nothing about prevost in here. And again, this is from twenty twenty two. COVID was still all the rage, and some idiots were still wearing masks. At this time, most people had decided that was stupid and they were over the shit.
Speaker 3: But beside the point, okay, as they were talking.
Speaker 4: About potential American popes, this dude did not even come up one time in this list of people.
Speaker 3: They just named.
Speaker 2: Well, because your boy wasn't even elected cardinal until twenty twenty three. This was in twenty twenty two.
Speaker 3: That's kind of where I'm going with this.
Speaker 4: So he got put in a position right at the key moment when they needed him to be in that position, and then he got it with that much of a swing of the votes. When these dudes, I don't even know if these dudes are still there. If they're too old, No, they couldn't have been two years ago. So this guy, the first one, Dolan or I'm sorry, O'Malley, he's too old now they have to be under eighty years old.
Speaker 3: But Dolan is still there. He could have done this. Oh no, they have to dude.
Speaker 2: No, you can be over eighty to get elected. To be elected, Yeah, you can't vote. You can't vote if you're under eighty or over eighty.
Speaker 3: Rather, you're right, you are correct.
Speaker 2: While another North American cardinal, Oulai, who came in third with twenty two votes in the first round of twenty thirteen, having a cloud over him due to recent a recent allegation. Even if nothing comes of it, an American candidate maybe has an even better chance next time around. In twenty nineteen, Michelle Borstein, writing for The Washington Post, said of the voting that some said that it showed that the Cardinals were strongly driven by desire for geographical diversity as the Church has been shrinking for years in Europe. Others said Bergoglio's rise and a strong showing for O'Malley showed voters attraction to clerics known for their focus on the poor, immigrants, social questions, and a simple lifestyle compared with those known for their theological focus and correctness and clarity.
Speaker 3: So kat all right, so we all ought to read more.
Speaker 4: We ought to read more because, like we said, the current pope wasn't even a cardinal at the time of writing this. But I just wanted to show this, Okay, so pretty much for years it has been an American pope would never fly, okay, because they don't want too much power centralized from one nation.
Speaker 3: That'd be crazy, right. That's how the British Empire was like that for forever, right, the Spanish Empire was like that for forever.
Speaker 4: The all of them, all these empires had way too much power centrally located. So for them to have an American pope for forever has been seen as no way is that gonna go. Then you got these guys that were kind of making their way, and a couple of them got some votes and that's all good things. Pope Francis comes along and completely breaks the mold on what canon cannot go down.
Speaker 2: So what we're seeing is an American empire then.
Speaker 4: Possibly all around to even further that point. This is from polymarket. By the way, for people that took bets on who would be the pope, your boy prevost wasn't even he had like zero percent until the final day. Matter of fact' going say, this is one week here he was down here with the rest of them. Everybody thought that Tangle had the best options here.
Speaker 2: That was that uh dude, oh Filipino.
Speaker 4: Okay, well he's Asian, Yeah, yeah, But my point, he was seen as the most likely candidate because he had outwardly and loudly been very much in line with Francis as far as political ideations goes open borders, accepting of all going out with the old again, the pope saying that they need to do away with the old ways. That in and of itself is a mind blowing concept. I don't think people truly get.
Speaker 2: Of course, of course, there would be a betting market to see who the next Pope is gonna be. Why wouldn't there be?
Speaker 4: Oh, they take bets on everything, dude, without without a doubt. But my point is though Prevost was down here on that zero line until right at the last second and then boom, which I mean, like to be fair that that's when the election results came out.
Speaker 2: Was literally zero until it was announced that he was elected in exactly exactly. Yeah, he was the darkest of dark horses, right.
Speaker 3: Ah it again, it kind of seems.
Speaker 4: And some of these names we saw when we did those lists, those top ten picks and all these things, some of these I recognize, and it's like, Okay, yeah, this could have happened.
Speaker 3: I could have seen this go down that way.
Speaker 4: Robert Sarah, that's the one of the black guys from Africa. Wow, that sounded like an oxymoron. But we have an African American cardinal as well. So when I meant that I met like from the actual I think he was from Ghana if I'm not mistaken.
Speaker 2: You sure it wasn't one of those white guys from the Caucus Mountains too, or you Dick.
Speaker 4: But yeah, So anyway, nobody saw him coming, nobody saw him as a front runner. Most people didn't even know who this guy was until he was elected and here we are.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was a shocker to pretty much everybody.
Speaker 4: Indeed, so again talking about Pope Leo, let's talk about his predecessor with the name here, Pope Leo the thirteen, Why was he known as the.
Speaker 3: Progressive Pope? Right? So, yeah, let's get into it here.
Speaker 2: So even before he stepped out on the balcony of Saint Peter's Basilica and spoke on May eighth, Pope Leo the fourteenth choice of name was a powerful statement. Following Pope Francis, who chose a completely new name in church history, Pope Leo opted for a name steeped in tradition that also conveys an openness to engage in with the modern world. The Pope's choice of name is, in quotes, a direct recall of the social doctrine of the church and of the pope that initiated the modern social doctrine of the church.
Speaker 3: And so.
Speaker 2: Pop Leo the thirteenth, who was Pope from eighteen seventy eight to nineteen oh three, is known for publishing the encyclical Rerum Novarum on workers' rights, considered the foundational document for the church's social teaching. The document emphasized the dignity of workers and condemned the dangers of unchecked capitalism and socialism. The name Leo is a direct reference to men and women and their work. Also in the time of artificial intelligence. Oh throw that part in there, that was weird, right, you see what I'm saying here, So all right, Leo back in the day the rerum novoro basically meant that he was taking on social issues and speaking on them on behalf of the entire Catholic Church.
Speaker 3: That is not what popes did up until that point.
Speaker 4: They strictly stuck to the ways, the traditions, the morals and dogma, the rituals of it, the sanctity of it. We got to keep it tradition. We got to keep it the way it's been. It's been this way for over a thousand years.
Speaker 6: B b.
Speaker 16: Bro.
Speaker 4: Pope Leo the thirteenth started to take in social issues and speaking on them, and he actually put them and spoke about capitalism and socialism. Which that's crazy that a pope would speak on political issues and economic issues. That's not something that typically happened up until that point. The role in the circles of the royalties, right, he was tight with all the royal families around Europe and all these things. World War One came around and we have no more royal families running all these nations. Now we don't have the Kingdom of all these things. We don't have the Kingdom of Prussia, we don't have the Kingdom of Italy, we don't have the Kingdom of Hungary. We now have the democratic Republic of or the Republic of or the Nation of and these things. Right, So the royalty went away for the most part. They're still around, but like they don't have the power that they did after World War One. So that was just that was extremely progressive for the time. Now that's not progressive as we use the term today. Right, when we say the term progressive today, it typically gets associated with the screaming liberals on the left that believe that, you know, fourth term abortions are okay, and that there's seventy four genders, and that borders are just like an imaginary construct brah, and like you know, the dumb shit, the recharge.
Speaker 2: You know, not progressivism as the last thirty years, but we're talking about over the last thousand years essentially.
Speaker 4: Right, like actually bringing human life to a more progressive and like making progress for everyone of the human race. That's what Poplio the thirteenth was about. Now, this guy, Poplio the fourteenth, is doing this as a direct reference to men and women and their work. Also in the time of artificial intelligence. So I believe that this pope is going to be making some speeches about ai.
Speaker 3: Dude.
Speaker 2: Oh, I wouldn't doubt it. But Poplio the thirteenth also opened the Vatican's secret archives to scholars, founded the Vatican Observatory to demonstrate the Church's openness to science, and was the first pope to be filmed on a motion picture camera. Tied to the new Pope's first words to the faithful, may peace be with you all. His namesake, Popelio the thirteenth also or was also a peacemaker who reconciled the Church with the governments of France, Russia, Germany, and Great Britain during his pontificate. Pope Leo's name also has a Marian significance, since Poplio the thirteenth wrote eleven encyclicals on the Rosary and was also the first pope to embrace the concept of Mary as mediatrix, which holds that Mary helps distribute, helps distribute Christ's Christ's grace through her intercession.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and that's a part of their prayers as well. It's like, Oh, Blessed Mother, let it be known that no Christian that's ever come to your aid for intercession has been turned away.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: The whole Mother of God conversation, that's a thing that Catholics say a good.
Speaker 2: Bit here, Holy Mary, Mother of God.
Speaker 3: Well that's a part of the Rosary. You're like, Mother Mary, Mother of God, pray for sarahs now in the hour of our death. Aymen. It's a whole thing, right, It's a whole thing with the Rosary. It's prayer. But anyway, we don't spend too much time on it.
Speaker 4: I did just want to bring up that, Yes, while Leo the third teenth was progressive for his time, it was not something that we in modern day would call progressive. However, Leo the fourteenth is absolutely taking progressivism to a different conversation. Now, before we get into the criticisms of the current pope, you said you had a couple of things you wanted to bring up as well. I didn't know if you wanted to do anything on that one at this time.
Speaker 2: Sure, sure, yeah, just stop sharing the screen there, and I got some stuff down yonder Ope, hold up, let me share. We don't need to share sound or anything like that. It's just a couple of things that I did want to read. So I read the thing about how he went to the two thousand and five World Series for the White Sox, their first time winning a championship in eighty eight years. And then there was this one right here. This is actually a post by your boy don't nut, but he actually gets into a lot of the symbolism behind the number eighty eight as well, So you had uh yeah, the pope died when he was eighty eight years old. If you remember, whenever Trump Trump was elected, you would text Trump to eight eight O two two whatever. Could just be a coincidence. The Hawaiian fire happened on August eighth, so yeah, that's eight eight. Rate there also on August eighth, the FBI searched mar al Lago. There's another eight eight and uh so yeah, I just thought that that was pretty interesting. But I did have a couple of fun little articles that we can get into. So where were we right over here is where I wanted to go. Okay, so there is. And we're only getting into this eighty eight because there's so many eighty eights attached to this whole thing, as we were kind of talking a little bit about earlier. So we can get into a couple of them. But one of them that I thought was really weird, is that actually eighty eight. I don't know if you know this is it says so Neo Nazis used the number eighty eight as an abbreviation for the Nazi salute Hail Hitler. So eight being the eighth letter of the alphabet, they would type in HH or eight eight as part of their like symbolism. Right, often this number is associated with the number fourteens. I don't know why that is. So there was a let's see, Oh okay, so the number of keys on a piano is eighty eight. It's kind of weird, right. The number eighty eight is used in amateur radio as shorthand for love and kisses.
Speaker 3: It's kind of weight. I did not know that.
Speaker 2: I didn't either. Yeah, so there's eighty eight. Yeah, there's just a bunch of eighty eights that are going on here. Oh, check this out. So the atomic number for the element radium is eighty eight, the number of constellations in the sky. We talked about that being eighty eight. In math, there's a bunch of things, dude, people do like crazy homework on like the the crazy research into the number eighty eight. And yeah, I just kind of wanted to show a little bit of that. We're not gonna dive too deep into it because I feel like sometimes people take it a little bit too far with the symbolism and they start drawing at strings and shit like that. But I don't know, I just thought that it was pretty interesting. There is another thing that I wanted to show, is there not? Oh yeah, damn, I guess I said it all. Oh no, no, no, no, I'm tripping here we go. Let me stop sharing right here because it's actually on my phone. So some people are actually saying that he is pope. So he's Pope Leo, right, So Leo's if you get into astrology, the Leo's sun sign is actually the sun, so people think that he could potentially be like another like worshiping the Sun god kind of thing. Also, so the where was it? I'm sorry, I'm like, I was not prepared. I had like very little time to really get all of my shit here together. So yeah, Pope France is dying at eighty eight years old. He is immediately immediately succeeded by Pope Leo the fourteenth. The fourteenth Leo, a name of kings, lions, and light. The symbolic baton is passed at the eighty eighth hour. Metaphorically speaking, this number resonates with infinity, resurrection, and return cycles end of a karmat loop. Okay, uh yeah, So I don't know, there's there's just like a bunch of weird shit that's going on with eighty eight. So I if anybody else really has anything else to add to that, then you know, just hit hit us up on Patreon or Instagram. You're more likely to get ahold of us on Instagram, I mean, on Patreon rather rather than Instagram. But yeah, I don't know, dude, Yeah, I kind of spilled the tea on a lot of that earlier. There's, like I said, there's a there's a lot more symbolism to eighty eight, but I don't want to draw strings. You know, it's just that there's all there's a lot of shit to it. So I mean, I think that even three coincidences with eighty eight is too much and we what do we say, like at least ten of them?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't even know.
Speaker 4: Like when you brought this all up earlier, I was just like, bro, I want to have a rebuttal like I want to because a lot of the times, like yes, when looking at numerology and seeing how certain numbers line it up to stuff, I feel like a lot of that.
Speaker 3: Most of the time is coincidental, you know, and especially when you.
Speaker 4: Start getting into camatria, because when you do the equations on certain words, certain things equal the same number, But that doesn't mean there's actually a connection between the two.
Speaker 3: But it's interesting to look at and it's fun, you know.
Speaker 4: It's kind of like in my opinion, like astrology, for instance, I'm a Leo. I don't actually believe that that means something about my life because of my own beliefs as far as like what constellation was actually on the horizon of the day of my birth, as to what the Greeks wrote down about it. But like it's fun to look at sometimes you know, numerology's in that same field. But then but then when we're when we're talking about this kind of shit and there's over ten that you brought up this episode alone. It's like, I want, I want to have a rebuttal, but I actually don't have one.
Speaker 2: Ill And the thing is is what I want people to know is is just because you don't know why the symbolism would be there doesn't necessarily mean that there isn't a reason. It's just about cracking the code. This is a code to possibly cracking whatever this case may be. I mean, we'll see, you know, just how far it carries out. I mean we're only just in the first few days of his papalc right, yea, And so we'll see exactly where it goes. I imagine August eighth this year, probably something goes down. Just gonna throw it out there with it with the Pope, something to do with the Pope, maybe with the President. There's gonna be something that goes down on August eighth. Just mark my market in your calendar August, say if some shit's going down.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we actually probably do need mark that down our calendars. Just for the hell of it. I'll write that down. I'm write that down right now and putting in my calendar layer of like just exclamation question point, question Mark, excuse me, and I'm not gonna remember what that is until the day calms down a look at and be like, oh.
Speaker 3: Jonathan, we'll see, we'll see.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, typically shit goes down on those days. You know, we we said that that's that's the day that Trump's mar A Lago got rated, That's the day, well, what was it the Hawaiian fire that was? You know, there could be something to it. We could also just be like you know that guy or Jim Carrey in twenty three, just looking for numbers that that could also be it too. Just want to throw that out there.
Speaker 4: I mean, hell, we what was that one dude we had on that said that pretty much every year on nine to eleven, something horrible happens or it's like the eleventh of the month is when like things are more likely to pop off. And it's like, I mean, yeah, you can pull up some examples and like, I'm not denying that those examples happen on that date, but like, look, as we're talking about this on August eighth and this guy and the whole thing with the stuff, and it's like we will see cult members marketing on your calendars and if nothing happens, then hey, you can't. You can't be one hundred percent accurate all the time. And we're not even gonna call our shot of what will happen. We're just saying, let's keep our eyes, especially that third eye all the way open here.
Speaker 3: That's all.
Speaker 2: Actually, I think you're talking about your boy troubles Garcia, And I believe the number that he brought up was the eighth now that I think about.
Speaker 4: Like, I could be wrong here, but I feel like Mike A. Dank brought it up. I feel like Brandon Kroll brought it up, and I feel like Treble's also.
Speaker 3: Brought it up.
Speaker 4: And I don't know what numbers were on all of them, but I've heard multiple guests we've had on the show say like that statement before, and I don't you know cool?
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh well, And you know, also, if you look at like a digital clock, a lot of people think that there's like a conspiracy around numbers and time in general, because if you look at a digital clock, every single line that can be outlined is outlined with an aid, which could possibly mean like the end, right, like every single thing has been filled in. Why would you take one of the lines away? To make a nine kind of thing, and so people start getting weird and going all over the place with it. But I mean, I understand where they're coming from. But I mean, eh, we'll see how it goes. We'll see how it goes.
Speaker 4: Now, before we get into the controversy, this is gonna kind of segue into it here. This is a quick clip from news dot com dot Australia. The challenge is that Pope Leo the fourteenth is currently facing now as he takes his position. He got left some bullshit, he got left some baggage from the previous pope and from even before that. To be honest with you, then now he has to be the leader and see them through the same way that if a CEO takes over a company, the former CEO just retired. This guy's a new guy in charge. Whatever bullshit and drama the company is currently facing is now this guy's problem.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 4: This is a quick snapshot of some of the issues that and challenges that he has to face.
Speaker 17: Now, let's listen in Pope Leo fourteenth, the two hundred and sixty seventh leader of the Catholic Church and the first from the United States inherits major challenges from his much loved predecessor, Francis.
Speaker 3: Too much loved.
Speaker 4: I feel like that might be one of those big quote unquote much love predecessors Francis. I don't know many Catholics that loved him, but okay, anyway, there's a.
Speaker 17: Look at the new pontiff's overflowing entrey. A short fall in.
Speaker 4: The Vatican balancing the books, dude, a shortfall of the Vatican budget to the tune of ninety four million dollars.
Speaker 3: That's now this guy's problem.
Speaker 2: I did want to throw out there too. When was the last time that we had a leader from Chicago? Remember that?
Speaker 3: Oh, you mean old Berry.
Speaker 2: Also seen as a very dark course. I don't mean by a skin color, I mean like, no, he was not very dark.
Speaker 16: He was.
Speaker 2: He was not very high up in the ranks of anything political. Right.
Speaker 4: He was a junior senator for like less than I think it was like less than a year, and then he got nominated for the presidency.
Speaker 3: This guy was a cardinal for two years ish give or take not even.
Speaker 4: And then won a sweeping voting victory on day two.
Speaker 2: As did Obama swept it his first term, like it wasn't even close.
Speaker 3: I'm not saying, but we just saying, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Anyways, I know what you're saying, and I know what you're not saying exactly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, there you go so again.
Speaker 4: Ninety four million dollar deficit that this guy now has to see the church through.
Speaker 17: Budget to the tune of ninety four million dollars and an even larger gap in the pension fund were want Leo's immediate attention. That's according to two knowledgeable sources. And despite Pope France's cost cutting efforts and financial management reforms, the scandal of clerical child sex abuse and its cover up.
Speaker 4: Now, this one is one that we are going to spend a little extra time talking about once this video is over.
Speaker 3: The child's sex abuse that is so.
Speaker 4: Endemic, or at least so loudly talked about within the Catholic Church. Yes, and now you know, feel these curveballs being thrown his way and he does not have a good track record of handling them the appropriate way. In fact, he has quite the track record of turning a blind eye and pretending they're not happening.
Speaker 3: We'll discuss more in depth here in a moment.
Speaker 4: Yes, scout master, oh, yeah, yeah, it's it's a thing or is it.
Speaker 2: Like this or this or one of these kind of things three fingers.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I wanted to go with the boy scouts whenever I was younger, but it fucked with the scheduling for football and so I couldn't do both.
Speaker 3: I feel that. I feel that.
Speaker 4: But yeah, so our boy here, Pope Leo, when he was a bishop and a priest in Peru and had all these things going on around him, he never took a hard stance against it and didn't really do anything to stop it, and when asked about it would kind of stick his head and sand and pretend to what wasn't happening. And that is not a good look when we are talking about the next stage of the Catholic Church.
Speaker 3: But let's listen in more.
Speaker 17: RUP has dogged the global Catholic Church and undermined its standing despite Franc's policy of zero tolerance. Leo will need to examine reforms that have delivered at best, partial and uneven results under Francis.
Speaker 4: Modernizing the Church. Now, this is one of those that are saying ordain women. This is a group that is sitting outside of the Vatican right now with this big old banner saying, please make us priestesses.
Speaker 3: But let's look at.
Speaker 17: Tensions erupted over whether the church should be more welcoming towards the LGBT community and divorces and let women play it wat to roll in church?
Speaker 3: Look at that? Look at that.
Speaker 4: So Pope Leo is out there giving his speech and stuff, and then you got these broads out here with this big old banner making their statement, and so he's gonna have to feel these questions as well. Are you going to be more inclusive to the LGBTQ, all the little people like Francis wanted? Are you gonna ordain women? Are you gonna let divorce people take the sacraments?
Speaker 2: You know, I feel like it's probably just part of any high ranking job, like you know, president pope, whatever, leader of the leader of whatever, leader of a city mayor city council. You know you're going to have protesters one way or the other. To be honest with you, like if he was to say that women could be ordained, you think there wouldn't be any protesters to that. Oh, I promise there would be, right, Oh my god, So this is like just expected.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, remember what happened when the Catholic Church took away the Latin Mass. They had a whole splintering off in an entire section. Catholics right now are saying that if any Mass is happening in English and it's not a true Catholic Mass, they broke off into their own order of Catholicism over it.
Speaker 2: So, I mean, you feel the same way whenever it comes to like well, for example, whenever it comes to like demonology and shit like that, you believe that they should be speaking in Latin.
Speaker 3: Right, Oh, I don't feel that way.
Speaker 4: Even the earliest forms of alchemists said that if you're not doing it in Hebrew, then you're not doing alchemy. If you're not doing sorcery in these original languages, then you're not doing sorcery, you're playing it.
Speaker 2: So you understand why they would want to keep Mass in Latin, then I do.
Speaker 4: And personally, I wish I could go and sit into a Latin Mass.
Speaker 3: I would love I've heard the entire vibe is different, Like.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm sure, I'm sure it's cool to listen to. You wouldn't understand a fucking word of it, but it would probably be pretty cool to listen.
Speaker 4: But I mean the movements are the same. If you've ever been to a Catholic Mass, You've been to a Catholic Mass. And if you know when to sit, neil bin, pray, walk up, do your thing like it. The order of operations is the same no matter what Catholic church you go to. So like, even though it'd be Latin, I wouldn't fully understand it. I've been I've been told by people that have gone to them that do. It's just the entire ambiance is like to the next level. And I believe there's something true with that.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm sure there is. I mean, it's steeped in history, like it's you know, in time. Time knows Latin more than English, right, mm hmm, so.
Speaker 3: Big facts, all right, so let's keep going.
Speaker 17: Francis did not formally change doctrine, but he opened the door to communion for divorces and blessings for same sex couples. He did not relax priestly celibacy rules or those on ordination of women deacons. The new pope will also need to perform a balancing act. Joshua McKelvey is Root's Vatican correspondent at this point.
Speaker 16: It's very hard to know exactly how Pope Leo will be Pope or what his major concerns will be. I think we can expect that he will kind of follow in the footsteps of Francis on many issues.
Speaker 4: That's scary in and of itself, but all right, let's keep going.
Speaker 16: He was appointed by Paul Francis to come to Rome. They clearly had a good kind of loving, caring relationship.
Speaker 17: The Pope's flock is dwindling in Europe.
Speaker 4: Now we're talking about godless Europe question mark. They're talking about how Catholic attendees in Europe are down exponentially, and this is something else is going to have to field.
Speaker 2: I mean, you keep on importing Muslims, those numbers are going to continue to dwindle.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying, bro.
Speaker 4: There was another post that Charlie Kirk put up by ex I was like, man, the way that Pope Francis kept saying, please bring in more refugees and please let borders not be a thing. It's almost like they forgot that the Muslims and the Catholics have been at war for fourteen hundred years or whatever. But like, yeah, let's just keep seeing how this ball shakes out, you know, but let's listen what he's got to do with it now.
Speaker 17: Judged by church attendants and priestly vocations. Even though globally baptized Catholics keep increasing in number and to have surpassed the one point four billion mark, mostly thanks to growth in Africa, Germany, the EU's most populous nation, just twenty nine new priests were ordained in twenty twenty four, historic low. About three hundred and twenty one thousand German Catholics also left the church that year. According to the National Bishop's.
Speaker 4: Conference, three hundred and twenty one thousand Catholics left the.
Speaker 3: Church that year.
Speaker 2: They finally woke up. That's what that says to me.
Speaker 4: The vibe is changing, which, to be fair with you, right, Germany is where Martin Luther nailed his ethos to the door. Now, granted he still died a Catholic like he was. He did that and it caused a stir, but he was still a Catholic to the day he died. The Lutheran Church, the Protestant order that kind of spun off of that.
Speaker 3: In Germany.
Speaker 4: I mean, there's still been a very you know, solid number of Catholics within Germany. Now, yes, I understand World War II kind of put a damper on that. Hitler did send Catholics to concentration camps and killed them as well. But Germany's always had a pretty solid Catholic foothold, and now they are losing numbers by the flock. And that just for this nation of Germany. Other European countries are seeing the same thing.
Speaker 3: Bro.
Speaker 2: So in the future, what do you think, all right? Because I personally think that more and more and more people are going to start to flee denominational churches at least, you know, I think that more people are probably shifting to non denominational or just shifting away from religion altogether. That's just my own personal perspective. I know the numbers say otherwise, but I see more and more people, you know, nowadays, that just claim to be spiritual, They don't claim any kind of religion. But let's just say, hypothetically, in the future religion goes away completely. Just hypothetically speaking. I don't think it will, but let's just say hypothetically speaking that it does. What do you think happens to those badass cathedrals? Do you think, like what do you think they turn them into.
Speaker 4: Well, Uh, there have been quite a few, like old churches and cathedrals and stuff that get turned into like homeless shelters. Uh, they get turned into art exhibits or museums.
Speaker 3: The schools.
Speaker 4: I've seen a few of, the matter of fact, the Catholic church that I grew up in in Baton Rouge until we moved out to a central parish, Uh, it was turned into a college. And you know, the main the big sanctuary where the church would actually go down like there was a school attached to it. So it makes sense that one wud get turned into a school, but the main sanctuary got turned into a grand lecture hall. So I mean there's they'll find things to do with the building or they'll just tear them down. But like it's you know, you're not going to tear down like the old historic ones from like hundreds and hundreds of years ago kind of things. Those things turn into tourist attractions if nothing else.
Speaker 2: Well, and they're and they're well built, they're they're built to withstand like everything. Really, I mean they're out of like a stone and granted and thoughts.
Speaker 4: Until Notre Dame burned down I sure thought that bitch was made of stone and none could tear it down, But boil boy, was I wrong. Still, no real answer on to how that started. Either, they're saying it was an electrical fire from a freight extension cord or something.
Speaker 3: I've heard this, and I'm like, really.
Speaker 2: Well, you know jet fuel melted still beams in the twin towers too, So.
Speaker 4: Right, I forgot this silly mead might be forgetting things. But I aside from just what the numbers are, because poles are very skewed, and I get that, I will say that, and it depends region of region very much so. But there is a shift going on in America right now. And yes, there are people that are more spiritual, but there are more people that are maybe brought up a certain religion and then kind of go away from it for a few years, and then whenever they have kids of their own, they like returned to the faith. And we're seeing a re urgency of traditional values, especially from the younger generation. The boomers fucked everything up so bad that it's almost like this next generation coming up ours on back want to embrace tradition, not modernality. In all this foolishness and I don't mean foolishness to say new agism. Even people that are saying like they don't even get down like evangelical Christendom and they would rather get to a more structured worship style service. There is a wave of that happening right now as well. Well, it's a crazy pendulum shift that's happening right now.
Speaker 2: The reason I brought that up as far as what could the future you know, churches look like, is mainly the Catholic churches and stuff, because they're the most badass ones. Because a lot of people say that maybe the religions took over those buildings and kind of reformatted them in some kind of way. Some people say that actually it was the uh you know, because if you look at like a lot of the older churches that are still up today, you see, like remember we showed the what was it like on the top there was like a spire and it seemed like an energy harvesting building. You had the stained glass windows. You have just a lot of really weird things that you wouldn't necessarily expect from a religious foundational brick and mortar house.
Speaker 4: I mean, personally, I like the stained glass windows, not just for the vibe of it, but because historically they started doing that because most of the people attending church services couldn't read, so they would have stained glass windows and like paintings to show the stories that they were preaching about as a way to like, you know, go the extra mile with it. And then of course because the lights shining in, that's like think of a stage production. If you go to a concert these days, you're gonna have lights coming in from all directions with all the colors and stuff. They had that in the Middle Ages with stained glass windows in a church service.
Speaker 3: I I've always kind of liked that, honestly.
Speaker 2: Well, it's mainly for the uh people believe it's because of the resonant frequency from the bells as well. And if you go back, was it world War one or World War two that they were allegedly like taking the bells out of churches to make bullets, which it seems really silly, like to me, that doesn't make any damn sense. Why would you take church bells of all things? Because people will look into those certain types of church bells and the frequency that they were resonating resonating at were like this healing type frequency you know, not like you're going to go in there and like you're cancer. Oh maybe maybe your cancer gone, but if you go in there with a fucking broken kneecap, it's probably not going to replace itself. Point is, it's like it could have been given off like four hundred and thirty two herds, so you know, one of the Fibonacci sequences numbers that could have been going on in there, and they seem to do away with that because of war, which makes a lot of sense because that's about as out of frequency as you can possibly get.
Speaker 4: I knew that they were also taken down in Notre Damp, for instance, all the crazy huge sanin glass windows and stuff. They took that down in place that inside of the church during World War Two because they didn't want it to get damaged from bombings and air raids that were happening. The bells got taken down for the same purpose. I've never heard that they were taking them down to make bullets.
Speaker 2: And it was the brass and trying to make them into brass bullets and shit.
Speaker 3: That sounds preposterous to me. Yeah, and that was actually heard.
Speaker 2: That that's an American thing.
Speaker 4: Oh, oh, we're talking about like, okay, I'm talking about in Europe where the bombers were happening. In America they were taking down the bells to make bullets for the rationing for the war and shit.
Speaker 2: Yep, huh. I don't I can't remember if it was World War One or World War Two. Probably world War one, if I had to guess, I don't think.
Speaker 4: World War two because that was when like the big push and the big rationing and like everybody with the war effort, Rosie the River, yes we can and that whole thing.
Speaker 2: You know, Yeah, it could have been.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll find out. But yeah, that's that's for sure a fact that I remember reading about that.
Speaker 4: But I mean, as far as Europe goes, they're talking about people's church attendance going down in Europe, and I mean, to be fair, we're talking about America as well. We have an American pope, and we're talking about how American culture does kind of shift the world's opinion on culture and things. I don't know, man, I don't know exactly what the future holds. I see that a lot of people are leaving traditional religions, but I see a lot of people also embracing tradition and saying fuck modernity as a whole, because they have found that modernity only leads to temporary happiness, and there's a possibility that tradition can lead to longstanding happiness. And you know how you want to bring up your kids? Do you want to bring them up not really knowing what the fuck is up? If you had a good upbringing and you were like a church kid, it would make sense that you would want to get your kids in church because you know that that's like a system that works as far as rearing a happy, healthy family. If you're somebody that had a really bad church experience, you want to keep your kids as far away from that as possible. So it's there's a pendulum shift going on right now, and I really don't know how it's going to shake out in the next ten to two years, but it's interesting.
Speaker 2: To watch, Okay. So it says during both World Wars, many church bells were taken down and melted to produce metal for weapons, including bullets and artillery. This practice was particularly widespread in Germany, also, where a significant percentage of bells were lost to support war efforts.
Speaker 4: I could believe that seeing as how Germany was the belligerent on both of those wars, and they neither of those times did the Kaiser or Hitler feel favorably about, you know, Catholic church bells and things that makes perfect sense.
Speaker 2: Actually out loud, yeah, it says, without knowing the exact source, it says ten thousand church bells. Claim that it said that they took down ten thousand church bells. Holy shit.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Actually Germany Hitler cannibalizing church bells to make bullets.
Speaker 3: I see that one hundred percent.
Speaker 2: Yep. It says you need copper in large quantities to make jackets for bullets, brass for small arms, and artillery cartridges and telegraph wire.
Speaker 3: Ah. Good old Germany out there doing the mostest.
Speaker 4: And as we are talking about Germany, they're talking about the Catholic Church in Germany today.
Speaker 3: Let's listen more.
Speaker 17: When it came to diplomacy, Francis, the first pope from the global self, was not afraid to ruffle Western feathers. He spoke out on climate change and was a critic of tough European and US immigration policies, putting himself at odds with US President Donald Trump. The new Pontiff has a history of criticizing Trump and Vice President JD. Vance's policies, according to posts on the ex account of Robert Prevost his real name.
Speaker 4: Okay, so he already has a track record, even though he's a registered Republican and voted Republican on all the time whe he voted in the United States. I actually couldn't find one example of him voting Democrat as a matter of fact. But all that to say, he takes a hard stance against Trump and JD.
Speaker 3: Vance.
Speaker 4: Let it be known that the vast majority of Americans love Trump's immigration policy, like the vast majority.
Speaker 2: So he loved old guard Republican then mm hmm.
Speaker 3: I think his d kind of.
Speaker 2: Republican, the George Bush kind of Republican.
Speaker 4: But I mean even still, the George Bush Republican was a warmongering Republican. But he had decent border policies. Yeah, we had legals coming over, but it wasn't on mass like it was during Biden, with apps showing them the way of how to evade ice and shit and border patrol. So Trump is sending these people back to where they belong, which the vast majority of Americans support, and want to see happen. Meanwhile, Francis being from uh was Venezuela or Argentina? I forget Argentina, and then your boy Leo spinning over a decade in Peru. They're saying like, why don't you just let all the immigrants through? So again, I feel like that's kind of not the vibe you want to take it this time, Francis and Leo, especially as Europe has their own immigrant crisis right now that people are like being gang raped and murdered over and then we had the situation in America that we could spend episode after episode talking about what the crazy immigration policy in America has led to and why we need this hard line send everybody back to where the fuck they belong situation.
Speaker 3: But yeah, so he's echoing that right now. He's echoing Francis's vibes.
Speaker 2: Dude. So if he was voting, I don't know the years that he was voting. I was just trying to think about the presidents that were running in the past before Trump. But you had Mitt Romney, John McCain. It'd be interesting if you voted for Romney because Romney is a Mormon. What do you think that what is the Catholics views on Mormonism.
Speaker 3: They're the Mountain Jews. Okay, you know they.
Speaker 4: They're kind of like, I don't want to piss off nobody, but also it is what it is, So they view them the same way that we view them. They are reading the Old Testament, which is good, they're reading the New Testament, which is good, and then they're reading that other book that was made by a con man that is steering them way off course. Now I'm not saying that Mormons can't achieve true salvation. I believe that's possible, but only if they negate every single thing that Joseph Smith and Brigham Young said.
Speaker 2: Hmmm, yeah, I found it. So what does the Catholic Church say about the practices and beliefs on Mormonism. While individual Mormons may be persons of good conscious, Mormonism itself is a belief system that would reduce the Father, of the Son, and the Holy Spirit from being three persons of the one True and infinite God to being three limited, finite deities among an uncounted multitude of deities, all of whom merely reshape small parts of a pre existing cosmos. Mormonism teaches that human being may, by practicing the tenets of its faith, become gods and goddesses themselves with their own planets full of people worship me worshiping them. I forgot about that part.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So, like I said, a Mormon can achieve true salvation and have their name written into the Book of Life and be assolved with their sins and all this stuff if they negate every single word that was uttered from Joseph Smith and Brigham Young and their Council of Nine and they're their elders and all that, they just like negate all of that and only read like the actual Bible and just take away the Book of Mormon and just kind of put that on a shelf somewhere and never open it again.
Speaker 3: And then yeah, they could. They're good. They're solid.
Speaker 2: By the way, we introduced a new segment onto The Cult of Conspiracy that is coming out every Sunday. So if you're listening to this on Monday, which is when it's going to be coming out, then you just possibly heard yesterday's episode, which was a Sunday rewind. It's almost like a flashback Friday or a throwback Thursday or whatever. But we're putting it on Sundays just for people, you know who maybe newcomers and you don't have time to go back and maybe you're not caught up. We're lighting. We're putting these episodes up because we referenced them a lot, and we just want people to understand some of the things that we say about, you know, prior topics or prior conversations that we've had with other guests and stuff like that. So the first Sunday rewind is actually the first episode that we had with the girl Heidi Love exposing the Mormon Church.
Speaker 4: Yes, indeed, that was a banger of an episode on mine d She comes with some fire with some vinegar because she's got a bone to pick with them because of all of what she experienced growing up, which, like, yo.
Speaker 2: I get it, dude, she was a Mormon for thirty five years.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she saw the light though, and she's a lot better for it, and she is killing it as far as the content is concerned.
Speaker 2: Thinking about doing that for thirty dude, I just turned thirty five years old. That means literally my entire life of worth of years she was a Mormon. That's a long ass time.
Speaker 4: But then can you imagine living that life for that long and then waking up one day and realizing that everything you've lived is incorrect and like changing everything about you to like to fix and change course.
Speaker 2: Still a Christian, bro Still a Christian, just not a Mormon.
Speaker 3: Well yeah, no, she acknowledges truth.
Speaker 4: She just has left behind the eyes, which is wonderful for her. And again, no hatred towards the Mormons out there that may or may not be listening. We love you all, okay, and we're praying for everybody of all feaths, Mormon, non a nominational, Catholic, Muslims. You were praying for everybody here, But you know, a little bit of reflection into the Holy Book that you claim, I feel like would go a long way.
Speaker 2: By the way, if you think that Jacob is being a little bit unfair by calling out other religions, trust me, I'm the same exact way, except for I do it for all religions, So you can hate both of us on that. I think they're all demn like just silly.
Speaker 4: That's why I teach their religion that I get down with. I got a book I get down with, but it's not a religion, you know very well. I believe in ever in a relationship with my Savior, and I don't believe I got to go through a third party to get there, Like there was a third party.
Speaker 3: He died.
Speaker 4: The whole thing rose again that that was the third party that I believe.
Speaker 2: But yeah, what he wasn't even necessarily the third party if you really think about it. I mean, if the story goes that he encompassed God himself, he can't really be a third party. If you're a Christian.
Speaker 3: He was preach on it. Yes, that is correct.
Speaker 2: Hey, i'd be learning, you do be learning?
Speaker 3: Hell yeah?
Speaker 4: All right, So basically the last little bit here is talking about the social issues, the immigration, these things. Okay, so he's got his hands full with what he is walking into right now.
Speaker 3: And as he has his hands full on all of this, we already have criticism for clergy sexual abuse. That he turned a blind eyetube.
Speaker 2: There we go. That's stepping in line. That's a that's a pulp for you right there, buddy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, I'm just saying I don't like it.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, it's hold on, this is the guy that is closest to God. I mean, if he says it's okay, God must must think that it's okay then right, Some people say.
Speaker 4: So, So Jacob's not one of those people. But there, you know, there, he's not saying it's okay. Let me make that clear now, Pope Leo has never said that abusing children or taking advantage of your position within the church orny that He's never said that that's okay or acceptable.
Speaker 2: Sure, he's also never done anything about it.
Speaker 4: He never said anything about it negatively either. He has turned a blind eye, he has turned a cold shoulder, and he has never actually addressed anything.
Speaker 2: So you know what I mean, he does just learn about it, is it because he doesn't want to throw himself under the bus.
Speaker 4: I As of this moment, there's no evidence to back that. So I'm not saying there's a zero percent chance, but as of now, nothing nobody's come forward and said that he ever did anything or abuse them or nothing like that. Every bit of evidence that I have found about him says that he's been a solid guy, you know, a solid man of the cloth, good priest, good bishop, reached out for the poor, the whole nine. So like he seems like a solid gint. But he's also never done anything to make waves in this regard as you would want to like stand opposed to these monsters and be like, no, I damn them, I rebuke them. That is not what we believe, and like even give a statement on behalf of the situation. Or you could stick your head in the sand and stick your fingers in your ears and go la la, la la la, which is more like what you know. Let's just read about it.
Speaker 2: As many celebrate Cardinal Robert Francis prevos historic selection as Pope, the world's largest organization for clergy sexual abuse victim is worried about the Pontiff's past handling of sexual abuse cases and called on him to take a tougher stance on the issue that has long plagued the Roman Catholic Church. The Survivor's Network of Those Abused by Priests SNAP. I can't believe they have an entire organization, that's how bad it is in the Catholic Church. They had to build a foundation for people who have been abused by priests. Think how sick that is?
Speaker 3: Oh yes, oh yes, this is a real thing for sure.
Speaker 2: Anyway, It's called SNAP, a network that says it represents more than twenty five thousand victims and supporters worldwide released a statement on the day of Pope Leo the fourteenth selection, expressing grave concern and urging him to enact a truly universal, zero tolerance law for sexual abuse and cover up. Chicago born pontiff was chosen to lead the Vatican on May eighth, just one day after the conclave to pick a successor to the late Pope Francis began Prevost to sixty nine. Born and raised in Chicago, went on to spend most of his career in Peru, first as a missionary and then as a bishop. He has a dual citizenship with Peru. Prevous ascension. We kind of covered a lot of this already, but we'll just go over it. So Privos' ascension resurface concerns about his record on clergy sexual abuse during his tenure in Chicago and in Peru, including that he failed to do enough to address victim's allegations. Indeed, Sir, in Chicago and Peru, he got a questioned on both of those places.
Speaker 4: It's not that he who was implemented or accused, it's that he didn't do enough whenever a victim would come forward to push it to the levels that needed to go to or take it serious enough.
Speaker 3: He just kind of turned away from them.
Speaker 2: I feel like, if you're a pope, that has to be the first one of the first things that you do.
Speaker 4: Did you notice that when they gave that list of everything he needs to face right now? The first thing would be the ninety three million dollar deficit. The next thing is the children, Like, get fucked.
Speaker 2: Where do you think that deficit comes from. It comes from paying off all the fucking families from child abuse.
Speaker 3: No, they don't pay them off. They don't pay them off.
Speaker 4: They just tell them that they're doing something to the priest and then they rotate them out like five parishes away where nobody knows his name.
Speaker 8: No.
Speaker 2: Remember, we did a show a couple of years ago where somebody came on and was talking about the amount of money that has been dished out to victims of rape abuse rape abuse from the church. It was in the millions.
Speaker 3: Okay, I could believe that.
Speaker 2: It was like it was like like one hundred and fifty thousand dollars per day that it came out on average that the church is dishing out to victims. It was something crazy.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and yeah, it's it's pretty wild, but anyway, it says the Vatican has denied previous engaged in any wrongdoing, and the former cardinal has drawn plaudits in other cases for helping address abuse threats. He has also advocated for more transparency on the topic from the Church and an inner view with the Peruvian newspaper La Republica. He has denounced clergy sexual abuse and urged victims to come forward. And Peru he helped dissolve an ultra conservative Catholic movement solid sodality of Christian life after investigations uncovered years of sexual abuses, corruption, and mismanagement. According to the Vatican News, still survivors are worried he will not take enough stance to eradicate abuse within the church.
Speaker 4: That's him actually, as a younger man standing next to Pope John Paul the Second, now canonized as a saint. So let's talk about some cases in Chicago and Peru that spur questions of accountability and transparency.
Speaker 2: While Provos led the Augustinians in Chicago in two thousand, a priest whose former ministry years earlier had been restricted over allegations of child abuse, moved into an Augustinian monastery near a Catholic elementary school. Wait a second, yeah, a priest. Wait was he the priest that No?
Speaker 3: No, no.
Speaker 4: The Catholic Church has said that the guy himself, Leo, has never been accused of any wrongdoings. But while he was there in Chicago in two thousand, there was a priest out there doing priestly shit who had been accused of allegations of child abuse. Moved to an Augustinian monastery near a Catholic elementary school, and church officials at the time failed to notify the school, and according to the Chicago Sun Times, church records even claimed there was no school nearby.
Speaker 2: Wow, so he's another one that's just like, hey, let's sleep them, sweep them underneath the rug. We'll send him somewhere else. Nobody's gonna know.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 4: It said that he denounced them, right, and he helped dissolve a Catholic movement that was under investigation after this uncovered years of the abuse.
Speaker 3: It's not like he was spearheading it. He was involved. That could have mean that he did paperwork for it.
Speaker 2: I mean, he could have been one of the votes that was like, all right, let's do something with these guys. And maybe he was on the losing side of that art. We don't know the specifics of it, but even still, just the part that he was he was part of a church that decided not to punish this guy. Not only to not punish him, let's send him to a monastery that is right next to a fucking elementary school and not even tell them that there is there's a predator about. Like that's crazy to me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and don't don't tell them that there's a predator going on, and just don't and then change the record later to say there wasn't even a school nearby it, when like it's pretty obvious to see if there's a school nearby your monastery.
Speaker 3: Like I feel like Google maps could prove that.
Speaker 2: Here's an idea if you're a pedophile, you don't get, uh, the priestly judiciary whatever kind of system of just sending them somewhere else, put them in fucking jail like the rest of the pedos, Like, what are we doing with this?
Speaker 3: I agree? I agree, or just killed them or killed.
Speaker 2: Them too, that's cool too, castrate them And actually I think I would actually prefer to just castrate them and then firing squad. But give it time for the firing squad. I want him to live all, like, at least a year without his dick, just to see how that feels.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but their hands can also still be used to hurt kids.
Speaker 3: A good point. Yeah, yeah, anyway, anyway, let's keep out.
Speaker 2: In two thousand and six, the Illinois Attorney General added the priest James Ray to its public list of abusive clerics and religious brothers, claiming there were thirteen reported survivors between seventy four and nineteen ninety one. The Vatican has denied the Previoust permitted Ray to live at the monastery. Prevost also faces allegations of inaction in connection with his time in northwestern Peru while he served as a bishop in Chichleo. In twenty twenty two, three women came forward with allegations that they were sexually abused by two priests beginning in two thousand and seven when they were minors.
Speaker 4: And he was the bishop at that time, meaning that it was his job to decide what happened next.
Speaker 2: The victim said in a public statement the prevous failed to thoroughly look into the allegations. They said in quotes. No investigation was carried out, nor were the precautionary measures for the protection of the faithful boys and girls. The case was filed and archived. Wow, Okay, now he's a piece of shit.
Speaker 4: You see what I'm saying here. Now, I don't know how valid these things are. By the way, there's the USA Today article. Good cult members listen, and again this is what I'm saying. There's a lot of things about him that seem like good things. Then you start learning that he's a little bit more of a Francis two point zero, not super thrilled about that. And then you see this where it's not that he is, you know, doing anything to hurt children, but he's also not doing anything to protect them. And it's like ooh oo oo oo ooh, these are some serious allegations being brought against him right now now only two days in office as a time of recording anyway, So I really hope he's able to field these curve balls when they get thrown at him here soon on a very loud public scale.
Speaker 2: See, you know what, like why are there not security cameras in these churches, because clearly that's probably where it's going down, right, like somewhere in like a confession booth or some bullshit, Like, I don't know if it's going down there, but I would have to imagine it's happening on the campus of the church at the bare minimum. Why are with all of this pedophilic shit within the Catholic church and we don't have cameras literally covering every square inch of these churches? What are we doing? I'm sorry, the eye of God is not enough. We need Big Brother in these places.
Speaker 4: So usually this is happening in the case where there's a school attached to a church, which, to be fair, most Catholic churches historically speaking, have schoolhouses attached to them.
Speaker 2: Because cameras in there two.
Speaker 3: Right, right, right, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: So like, typically it doesn't happen in the church itself, like in the sanctuary with the pews and the stuff. It typically happens somewhere on school grounds or maybe in his office or something.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I saw, Like I've read all of the victim reports, and I don't know all the comings and goings of all these things, but I agree there should be better security. But you see that's talking about in Peru, that's a very poor country. They don't have security cameras in most places in the country, on alone a church, because you would think, you would think that's a place where you can trust these dudes.
Speaker 3: You don't.
Speaker 4: You shouldn't need that there. But boy oh boy, Snap would say otherwise.
Speaker 2: All the money that the Vatican has and it can't spare a couple bucks for some security cameras in Peru.
Speaker 3: They're not famillion in the whole as we speak.
Speaker 2: I'm sure I agree with you. I'm sure they still got some cheese hidden somewhere.
Speaker 4: Well, there's a lot of gold that they could hawk from the Vatican to get there.
Speaker 2: But you know, yeah, So anyhow, two months before Prevos was elected Pope, Snap or that pedophile organization or the hunting for not hunting, but you know what I mean, Snap filed a complaint against him with the Vatican, claiming that he failed to open an investigation and sent inadequate information to Rome. Civil authorities in Peru closed the case after a statute of limitations had passed. The Dicastery for the Doctrine of Faith, which investigates cases of clergy sexual abuse, closed the case in twenty twenty three. In a public letter the diocese of Chicago said, isn't that funny he went from Chicago to Chicago. Kind of weird anyway, The diocese from there said accusations that the former cardinal remained silent in the face of the complaints is not true. The Vatican has also denied any wrongdoing by Provost. Of course they will.
Speaker 3: So, just so we're all clear here.
Speaker 4: Two months before this election, Snap filed a complain against him. Then he gets elected, the Vatican says that, oh, well, the case you're bringing up, statute of limitations is over.
Speaker 3: On that, you know what.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, fuck statute of limitations. When it comes to child abuse. Sorry, fuck your statute of limitations.
Speaker 2: You lose all of your freedom there. You're not a human anymore. You are treated as you are a wounded animal, and you need to be put down if you touch a child or have to be honest, I would even make anybody who doesn't not even just the pedophiles, the people who are also knowing of the pedophilia and not doing something about it. Whenever they have the power to buy you go.
Speaker 3: To If you are complicit in it, yes, then you are equally guilty. In my opinion, I'm.
Speaker 2: Sorry exactly way it is. Yep, you're a guilty party.
Speaker 4: I have done fucking literally anything dog like the smallest bit of effort would have gone a mile. But okay, and you were the bishop at the time, you could actually push that forward.
Speaker 3: But anyway, so that happens two months prior to this election.
Speaker 4: This is in this is May eighth, So in March Snap posted a complaint against him. Then their response to this complaint was statute of limitations. You know, that's an old thing. By the way, that case is closed in twenty twenty three. Anyway, so like we're just not worried about it.
Speaker 2: Also, keep in mind, the pope died what was it, The Pope died in April I think, and this guy was literally zero zero point zero five percent of people were thinking that this guy was going to become the new pope. So it wasn't like these people were like, oh, this guy's about to get elected, let's try and shit on him as much as we can. They didn't have that forethought, Like they didn't know that the pope, I mean, the Pope was obviously in sickness. But even still, even if you knew that there was going to be a new pope. The last thing you thought that there was going to be an American pope. Nonetheless, this guy right.
Speaker 4: Right, all the experts that we saw, because I looked up a good number of lists that I didn't bring up on the show, this guy's name was on none of them. An American pope, dude, that is as crazy as a black or Asian pope. Like, no way, Although they really liked Filipino Boy, he was a strong favorite potential. Then they get there. One hundred and thirty five dudes voted. One hundred and thirty three of them said no, the American guy.
Speaker 2: Bro what Yeah, honestly, it's like it's like John Kerry getting elected for the Nation of Islam or something. You know, it just made no sense really.
Speaker 4: Right right exactly. It blows the mind, it really does. But anyway, provost prevotes, excuse me, help bring down an abusive Catholic group in South America.
Speaker 3: I think that might be what we kind of talked about earlier.
Speaker 4: But let's learn a little bit because he has at least something showing he did something.
Speaker 2: Pedro Salinas Selena's one of my favorite movies of all time. Anything for d Selena's but it says. A Peruvian journalist who wrote a bombshell expose on Soda Lidium of Christian Life in twenty fifteen, said Prevosts played an extremely important role in the Catholics Movement. Catholic movement's dissolution. Leaders of the ultra conservative group founded in Peru had faced widespread allegations of corruption, as well as physical, psychological, and sexual violence, including against miners. In January, Provost and Pope Francis, who had long paid close attention to the case, met with Jose Enrique Escardo, one of the group's victims, who spoke out against the movement and its abuses. Pope Francis dissolved the movement weeks before he died. According to the Vatican News, it was a stunning and extremely rare outcome, said Bishop Accountability. His name is Bishop Accountability.
Speaker 3: That's funny. Now that's a victim's advocacy group.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, a victim's advacy group in a statement after Prevosts was elected Pope. Yet punishing abusers isn't heroic, it's moral and decent. We pray we see more of this decisive action by Prevost when he is the pope.
Speaker 3: Okay, So you dissolved in order. That's excellent.
Speaker 4: Didn't really say much about what they did as far as punishments go, did they. They just kind of said that punishments were doled out in the form of fucking what dog?
Speaker 2: Oh, I mean, the best kind of punishment we can have. Let's just send them to another church.
Speaker 4: I mean maybe probably they got excommunicated, which is like their version of the highest form of punishment.
Speaker 2: I mean, statistically speaking, Okham's raiser, we would probably say, like most likely is that he gets sent to another church. That's how they usually cover that up. But anyway, so, speaking to the media on May eighth, Bishop Carlos Garcia com Matter, the head of Peru's Bishop's Conference, praise prevosts work with abused survivors, saying he opened the way here in Peru to listen to victims, to organize the Truth Commission against the Solidium of Christian Life. In public statements, Prevos has stated firmly that he stands with sex abuse in church. In twenty nineteens he stands against sex abuse in church. What did I say with, Oh, yeah, that's a big difference.
Speaker 3: Might the opposite of the sentence there, But let's keep going my bad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I thought it sounded I was like, with why are they parading that? That doesn't make any sense anyway. Against sex abuse in the church in twenty nineteen. In the twenty nine nineteen interview with Lyi Republica, he encouraged victims of abuse to come forward and said he supported more transparency from the church. We reject the cover up in secrecy that does a lot of damage because we have to help the people who suffered from the bad act, he said, later, adding on behalf of the church. We want people to know that if there was any offense, if they suffered or are victims of the bad actions of a priest, to come and denounce it, to act for the good of the church, of the person and of the community.
Speaker 4: So if that's true, then why did snap have a case on him two months ago? And why were they shown the door saying that oh statute of limitations and the case was closed anyway two years ago, so don't worry about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got a little bit of a problem with that.
Speaker 3: So all right, and who knows, not a record gonna shake out.
Speaker 4: You know, it's very possible that investigations will be launched. Truth will be shown, and maybe he did actually take a stance and the people didn't know that he took a stance.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 4: But two days in office and he's already getting these allegations thrown at him.
Speaker 3: So now that leads me to my final point here.
Speaker 4: Okay, So this was published May ninth, A thousand year old prophecy predicted newly elected pope as the last with terrifying warning to humanity. This is from lad Bible. Let's read about it, dude. Apparently Pope Leo the fourteenth has been elected, and it's apparently bad news.
Speaker 2: Okay. Catholics around the world are currently rejoicing after the Vatican College of Cardinals has elected Pope Leo for the fourteenth to lead the church. Pope Leo the fourteenth, formerly known as Cardinal Robert Privos, was confirmed as a new pontiff earlier today, just weeks after the death of Pope Francis at the age of eighty eight on Easter Monday. Oh my god, do you see that?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 2: So he holy?
Speaker 3: He died at the age of eighty eight.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, he died at the age of eighty eight.
Speaker 3: Eighty second four to two. Is that what you're about to say?
Speaker 2: Yeah, what's four times twenty two?
Speaker 3: There?
Speaker 2: Buddy, God, I don't even know what to say to that anymore. Dude, who of all days is that? Is fucking wild? Anyway, the sight of white smoke drifting from the chimney of the Sistine Chapel should be a moment of joy for followers of the Catholic Church, as well as the people of America and Peru, where Pope Leo the fourteenth spent the majority of his career. However, there is one group of people who are treating the election of a new pope with hesitance. Enter the conspiracy theorists.
Speaker 3: With a.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, we are present, we are here, let's talk about it.
Speaker 2: Yes we are, we are the cult of Conspiracy. I would say, indeed pretty much near the top of that list. But anyway, it's a that's right, folks, enjoy the election of Pope Leo the fourteenth while you can. Because a resurfaced one hundred year old prophecy suggests the sixty nine year old will apparently be the last Bishop of Rome.
Speaker 4: I think I'm meant to say thousand because the title set thousand and that.
Speaker 2: Let's go to a thousand. Oh yeah, it must be. Oh, that's right, I remember reading about this. So, as some of you may already be aware, we're previous. We've previously covered the resurgence of a text allegedly written in the eleven hundreds by a fellow by the name of Saint Malachi known as simply Malachi during his lifetime, titled Prophecy of the Popes uh. Following the theme of most texts which began with the word prophecy, Saint Malachi's prediction don't see a pretty ending for mankind. According to Malachi's text, there would be a further one hundred and twelve popes after his lifetime. The list ends with an ominous reference to a man named Peter the Roman, who is serving as the Bishop of Rome during end times. According to the text, Peter the Roman's tenure unfolds in the following manner. In quotes Peter the Roman, who will pasture his sheep in many tribulations and with the When these things are finished, the city of seven Hills will be destroyed, and the dreadful judge will judge his people the end.
Speaker 3: I mean it sounds like some d time prophecy to meet dog do.
Speaker 2: At least for the Catholic Church. Now, of course, the skeptics among us will be very quick to notice that Peter the Romans sounds nothing like Pope Leo the fourteenth. The pontiff's full birth name, Robert Francis Prevous, doesn't even include the name Peter either, So it's pretty safe to assume old Saint Malachi missed the mark. On that one missed the mark he sinned.
Speaker 4: I think, Oh, you say that right, except for so the fact that every pope is the successor of Peter.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I guess so, so, it says. The text also gets his nationality wrong, as Pope Leo the fourteenth holds both American and Peruvian citizenship, not Italian, as a moniker such as the Roman would suggest. Fortunately for us, the prophecy has been largely largely debunked, it says. Meanwhile, others have believed that late Pope Francis could have been the fateful Peter the Roman. However, this theory has been completely rubbish over the years for similar reasons. Josh.
Speaker 4: That being said, hold on, now, Peter the Roman literally just means the Pope. The Vatican City is within Rome, so that title can be transferred as well, which, if I'm not mistaken, didn't we say earlier that your boy provost here is Italian by his dad, by his lineage.
Speaker 3: So like, I don't know, but all right, let's keep going.
Speaker 2: All right, Josh Canning, director of Toronto's chaplaincy at at the Newman Center, said in twenty thirteen via Global News, I don't know how you can connect Peter the Roman with Pope Francis. So if we just happen to wake up tomorrow and find comments raining from the sky and nuclear missiles flying left and right, then I'll be happy, or I'll happily hold my hands up and say I'm wrong. But for now, I think Poblio the fourteenth probably has more pressing matters than a prophecy which may or may not have been written by a guy named Saint Malachi.
Speaker 4: Okay, but he also said it would be one hundred and twelve popes after his death, and then it would be the end. So is it possible that that's just the random rantings of a dude from the eleven hundreds. Sure, it's very possible. People write down things all the time they don't come through to fruition, and I'm not even saying, thankfully believe that.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, you just said it like the Peter the Roman, it's basically the pope, right, yeah, so yeah, whenever the final pope goes down or dies, which all popes essentially would be Peter the Roman, right, I mean if it just translates to pope, if all popes or if the final pope ends up going down, then yeah, it's armageddon, that's what you would assume, right.
Speaker 4: And I'm trying to figure out when Malachi or Malich Malachi. I've heard it pronounced both ways because Malachi and the Bible ended with a chi.
Speaker 3: This one's a chy but whatever, right?
Speaker 2: Why?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: So when Saint Malachi wrote this down eleven hundreds, I'm just curious how many popes there have been from that time to now because everybody was sure that it was Pope Francis that was the guy. Was that the hundred and twelfth pope? Or is this guy the hundred and twelfth Pope?
Speaker 3: You know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Look, I don't know good cult members. I don't know all the things and all the stuff. As we're talking about pope prophecies and things. This guy also, as we said, kind of seems like he's gonna shake out to be a Francis two point zero. So and I'm not saying they are one and the same person, not at all. I get that, but I think it's worth mentioning that all of these things happening at the same time, the world spinning in the way that it is currently going. Politics going the way it is, economics going the way it is, border policies, all of the shit wars, all of this, and now as we had so many people not want American pope to happen unless America was to fall from political grace, and now we got an American pope and he himself comes from this Augustinian order, right. The last pope was a Jesuit and people lost their shit over that. So I'm just saying it's a very interesting time to be alive with this whole situation. You know, good cult memories that we had to make an episode about it.
Speaker 3: This is what we do.
Speaker 4: So I hope everybody found a little bit of some education on this, found some interesting things that maybe you won't hear on the mainstream media and the legacy news and all these things.
Speaker 3: This is what we do. Is we dive deep?
Speaker 2: That is what we do, sir. Yeah, I was just looking up a little bit more of the numerology, just because that's my jam right there. Yeah, I mean as far as I mean. It's not eighty eight, but the number eight. If you take uh peter in Roman, it translates numerologically from uh uh peter would be one, Roman would be seven eight right there. Anyway, I'm a nut for numerology. So if you guys want to, you know, dive into that this, you know, get get some kind of AI to be able to decode it. There's also jematrix dot org, which if you want to look into I'm sorry not Joe Matrix. Uh gum Atrix. Sorry about that. It's a hard g as your boy Royce likes to say, but big facts. Yeah, yeah, it's uh, it is interesting. There's I think that a lot of wild things are going to be transpiring. Uh, we're we're still very early. He was just elected on the eighth tim of recording right now where I think it's the tenth right now, right, so is it the tenth?
Speaker 3: Yeah, well midnight and now it's the eleventh.
Speaker 2: Now it's the eleventh. Yeah, yeah, we record late because we got kids and shit. But uh, but yeah, dude, this was a fun episode. It was nice getting to know the entire story and a lot of the conspiracies with him. We'll see how he handles a lot of the pedophilia moving forward. Hopefully he does a good job with it. I can't imagine that he does, because his track record doesn't assume that. So yeah, we'll see.
Speaker 3: That's the thing.
Speaker 4: He took that hard stance allegedly and dissolved that organization that was doing the horrible things.
Speaker 3: Cool that I'm not negating that.
Speaker 4: If he did in fact have a lead role in the dissolving of that organization, excellent fucking props. I would be very interested to what level of punishment that they gave these people. If it was just excommunication, then I have a problem with you, Like, oh, yeah, you did what to those kids? Or you're not Catholic anymore. You're going to hell na, bitch, nah, bitch.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna need to see I'm gonna need to see some more physical things.
Speaker 2: You go to hell right now? How about that?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Right right now. Yeah, let's make that happen. And it's in Peru, So like don't act like you didn't have the means.
Speaker 2: They got cartels closer to the equator there, baby, right.
Speaker 4: So I look, and again, these allegations that were brought up, we at this moment do not know the validity of them. We don't know the depths of them. We don't know if that case was really thrown out in the Statute of Limitations was thrown on it, which if that was the case, fuck them. We also know that his political leanings on one side have been very conservative and Republican, and in the last decade he's been pushing more climate change, inclusion of the marginalized, the open border.
Speaker 3: Policy and all these things. That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: There's a lot of hypotheticals up in the air of one way or another this guy can go.
Speaker 3: We need to keep an eye on it. We definitely do.
Speaker 4: And again, even as an American on one side, a fucking stoked in American is the pope that's legit. On the other side, I also take that as a sign of the times. And if those dudes one hundred and thirty three of the one hundred and thirty five voted yes to the American guy instead of these staunch Europeans and the traditions and all the things that's also a potentially a bit troubling good sir, So I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, we'll see. We will definitely see what comes from it, but it remains to be seen. We will give them, you know, we'll give them a little bit of time see what transpires from then. But until then, Jacob, how about a little send off, sir.
Speaker 4: Indeed, indeed, as they're talking about all this stuff with the Vatican, you know, there's one thing I do want to go to the Vatican one day. It's on my bucket list to go and check this place out. Everybody I've to talk to you that goes says that it is just dripping in gold in silver, like the statues, the thrones, the ornate layouts, all this stuff. It's art in its own regard, even if you're not Catholic or religious, even just to see all this shit as wild. And you know, as I'm saying that, if you good cold member would like to get a little bit of that gold and a little bit of that silver for yourself, maybe not the Vaticans, but some for your own financial.
Speaker 2: Future, I'll take some of the vaticans.
Speaker 4: I would that would be dope, all right, but they probably need to sell off some of that to pay off that millions of dollars of money they own. But beside the point, if you let to get your start in the buying and selling and trading of gold and silver, Bullyan, then come check us out at cecsilver dot com link in the description below. Once you fill out your information, our guy Wayne Clark is going to be hitting you up and asking you how much you want to buy and what's your payment method and get your whole situation. Do you want to buy a little bit a bit, do you want to get involved in the company yourself, whatever the case would be, go check us out ccsilver dot com again link in the description below. But the other way that you could support this episode and the show as.
Speaker 3: A whole, would be too please at this time.
Speaker 4: Heck, the five stars at the Shares of licenscribes to come the Teple Post reviews, shares.
Speaker 3: At the Friends and Family shares where everywhere. Here's the deal.
Speaker 4: The more activity our algorithms across all of our listening platforms, the more we get promoted to.
Speaker 3: More potential listeners. Who could that become potential cult members acturs.
Speaker 4: You fine ladies and gentlemen, why are you ready to go check out Meta Mystery, Jonathan's other show and getting the same level of respect over there.
Speaker 3: Come check out the Caje to Night. Come check out both of us.
Speaker 4: On our Patriots for our Wednesday night lives every Wednesday.
Speaker 3: At nine pm Central. Hey wait, thank you, everybody's already gone and done so.
Speaker 2: And with that being said, this was another beautiful episode of the Cult of Conspiracy. And my name's Jonathan from Jack and there's one very important, extremely vital piece of information we need you to learn just as soon.
Speaker 4: Assuming that, Hey, cult members, Jacob here just want to ask who wants better sex? The best way to get started is to go to Adam and Eve dot com Right now. Adam Eve is offering fifty percent off just about any item, but that's not all. When you get one item, they will also send three bonus sexy items and six free movies. They offered a screet shipping as your privacy is a priority. Plus free shipping on your entire order doesn't matter how much you spend.
Speaker 3: Or what you buy.
Speaker 4: All we packaged and sent discreetly for free that's fifty percent off one item and ten free gifts. To boot bring more pleasure and satisfaction into your bedroom. Just go to Adam and Eve dot com and select any one item. It could be an adventurous new toy or anything you desire. Just enter the offer code cult at checkout and you'll get fifty percent off almost any item, plus ten free gifts, three bonus items, six free movies, and free shipping. Use the offer code cult that Cult at Adam and Eve dot com. Now, this is an exclusive offer specific to this podcast, so be sure to use this code to get you not just the discount and the free goodies, but also the one hundred percent free shipping with the code cult