Speaker 1: Hey, everybody, welcome to Pink Chet. It's Thursday, so it's pop and Bravo. That means we're gonna talk pop culture and Bravo. And who better to talk about both of these things than my good friend Kate Casey.
Speaker 2: Hello, Hello, thank you for having me.
Speaker 3: The amazing Kate Casey.
Speaker 2: I love it. Did you see the video my daughter got me from Mother's Day? Oh? Yes, sure did.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Now that those guys are popular, like, that's a thing.
Speaker 1: Those guys. There are they in Kenya? Where are they?
Speaker 2: That one was a Kenya She said, they're like different alternatives. But I had never seen it before. I was like, what I thought it was Ai.
Speaker 1: No, it's these guys and they hold up a sign and the guy I walked up through the screen.
Speaker 3: He was like, kissing your picture.
Speaker 2: I know. So funny. But also the song I'm Bringing Sexy Back that that was one of like my songs with my husband, like we met like the year that that album came out. So the fact that she picked up on that makes me laugh harder. It was hilarious. He was like, have your mother's day, Kaykazy.
Speaker 1: They're holding up a sign then dances up to the camera.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was good.
Speaker 2: That was that was really good.
Speaker 1: I got a you know, both of my kids did an Instagram post about me, you know, a story, not even as a story.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's not forever, just for that day, just for that day. Yeah.
Speaker 3: And supposedly.
Speaker 1: They got me, which means my husband got me a gift card to the local the sugar house place i'd go to get my eyebrows done and my haircut and stuff. Supposedly, but I've not seen said gift card right right, right right, but.
Speaker 3: I'm sure it's coming.
Speaker 1: I was just like, I'll tell my husband, my god, next time, my god, I'll just charge it to you.
Speaker 3: He's like, I have to give from the kids.
Speaker 2: I was like, really, Mia invited a stranger over to our watch a movie on Mother's Day, and I was just like, okay, but it was also my anniversary, so I was leaving for dinner anyway. But I was still like, okay, does your anniversary often fall on Mother's Day?
Speaker 3: It does?
Speaker 2: And my birthday often falls on Easter.
Speaker 3: Oh okay.
Speaker 1: My birthday was always very close to Halloween, so I always had to have a Halloween themed birthday party, which I didn't like.
Speaker 2: Oh maybe that's why I hate Halloween. I hate Halloween too. I don't like it. It's what I don't get into it. I don't care.
Speaker 3: But I feel like you costume. I feel like you like a theme.
Speaker 2: No, when they were little kids were like really little, I would maybe, but I just feel like creatively, like I'm bankrupt by.
Speaker 1: I feel like you yourself like a theme party, like you would lean into a theme party.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah. You know what I really love is an eighties party. And do you know I'm interviewing next week? Tell me George Michael, not George Michael. Hello, boy George, I saw that on your Facebook group. I'm excited.
Speaker 3: Did you get that through your best friend PK?
Speaker 2: I sure did, I did.
Speaker 1: I'm joking, guys. PK is not her best friend, but they are friendly.
Speaker 2: PK told me that I should talk to boy George because George has relatives that were in the IRA.
Speaker 1: Okay, trying to link that to your family, No, I mean no.
Speaker 2: I'm really like, I think if I lived in another time, it should have been London in the eighties because I love that music so much. I really love and I think where George has such an interesting story. I'm pumped. There's going to be a documentary about Culture Club Too coming out soon.
Speaker 1: So did you ask him about that time he locked that person in his basement?
Speaker 3: No, you didn't ask him.
Speaker 2: Well, I didn't talk to him yet.
Speaker 3: Oh, okay, are you gonna.
Speaker 2: Ask him now? We'll see if it comes up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe he'll bring it up, he said.
Speaker 2: He said he's going to be in full glam for me. Oh, I'm really excited. Okay, that's exciting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this will be it'll be video content for you. I know you're not so into the video. I'm not into the video content either, but I've been told I have to do it.
Speaker 2: So that's so much me. It's that my guests don't. I don't. I find guests are like, thank god, I don't have to be on video. Yeah, yeah, totally. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Sometimes I usued to just be like, I'm gonna it'll just be there for us. We can cut up for clips for Instagram or whatever. But now I've just told everybody. I'm like, everything's on video.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, but that's the way I mean. I go on this camera looking like I've been drug through a sewer. Sometimes I'm like I don't care because like twelve people watched it. I don't care. I mean, yesterday you got like a no makeup out of the shower, looked today I look kind of cute because I had lunch with Olivia Plais today.
Speaker 2: Oh that's right, How was that? I thought about that a couple of hours ago at the DMV. I'm like that those two are probably just yucking it up, and I'm here for my number to be called.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was about two hours. It was about two hours, and.
Speaker 1: We I brought up your name at some point because I said something about, oh, my friend Kate Casey and she's like, oh, yeah, I know her. I was like, that's right, you would know her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I interviewed her along with her ex husband. I'm like, he's just like he's got a low intellectual index. That's not all he's got. He's got allegedly, you know, racism, homophobia, and abuse. Well that would be a problem.
Speaker 1: All of those things are also very problematic. But it was a really good lunch. I'm going to be like, are we surprised that he's a racist? Are we surprised that's the family he grew up in? Like, if you told me he actually is a rocket scientist, I would go.
Speaker 2: Now, that is shocking. Yeah, how did he How did he get there? They were allowed to have education. You know, that's my problem with TLC shows. I find them very depressing.
Speaker 1: Listen, don't besmirch my bread and butter. I'm going to a TLC party next week in New York.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, like the cruise ship one. Well so that they've had.
Speaker 1: They had the party at a at a fancy place once and that was for the tenth season of ninety Day like og and that was a great party that was in like at.
Speaker 3: The top of some big building. It was incredible.
Speaker 1: Then the next one they had was on a boat and it was ninety Day the other way okay, and that was like everybody was c sick because they'd be like, it was not great. It was fun, the party was fun, but everybody was like, if you like, Poodle spent half his half the time in the bathroom because he was like so seasick.
Speaker 2: Oh I didn't know that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was really sea sick. And I don't get seasick, so that didn't bother me. This one is an a TLC US weekly party to launch the new show ninety Day Love Got It Okay, which has got some old cast members, plus like some new singles have entered the villa like that. Yeah, so that's going to be fun. And I'm going to be at the beach. I'm going to leave the each fly to New York, go to this party, and fly back to the beach.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: So you're gonna need a vacation after that.
Speaker 1: But I'm so excited because Keisha's coming, Amy Archer's coming, and Amanda and the Jake and Matt will be there, and so for me, it's like more fun to like hang out with all my podcast friends, you know, without question, and then we can.
Speaker 2: Gossip about the party later. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, super excited. Got to figure out what I'm wearying to that now, Kate. I was just listening as I was driving around doing my errands. I was listening to your show, and you had a guy on talking about the Diddy trial, and that's in my list.
Speaker 2: Of pop culture topics.
Speaker 1: Tell me what your coverage is going to be, because I think that, like today Cassie was going to take the stand, like I need to, like I need to find a place where I can like be updated on a constantly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're gonna we're gonna follow the case. I don't know who. We'll do it every day, but you know the high points of it. He David Weinstein, who's my guest. He's really like sucked into this case like he's going to be at the courthouse like he's look diled, and so he helped me walk through the opening statements and then the strategy. He's a litigation partner, Jones Walker, So we walk through the legal strategy of the defense and the prosecution. And he had said last night when we spoke, it will be interesting when Cassie gets on stand how the jury will take it, because you know, if she sits down on the stand and she just falls apart, they may twist it and think or the defense is going to twist it and say, oh, she's dramatic. That's not what happened today. She was like a calm and collected and went through everything. And I think she is a force to be reckoned with. And she's pregnant with her third So the jury is going to pay attention to a woman heavily pregnant, who has been through this life experience, who has as as much composure as she does given what she's been through, and how all of the allegations that are made against them. I think it's really on the it's in the hands of the prosecution right now. I think to win this because it seems like there's gonna be a lot of witnesses. The only thing with the defense, and he kind of brought this up, and I think he's right, is that it's really like a it's a technical issue of like was some was do was it sex trafficking? Yes, She's there's kind of spinning it as like this was a consensual relationship. Yes he was violent, but was he a sex trafficker? Maybe not? But yeah, Mark garrgos my buddy is actually one of the defense lawyers. So that's kind of crazy too.
Speaker 1: It's yeah, yeah, Mark err goes look inward. But a case is a case, and everybody deserves a defense.
Speaker 2: You know, everybody deserves defense. They all.
Speaker 1: I gotta tell you, though, I did see how they the defense got up right away in their opening statements and just said like.
Speaker 2: Is he a bad guy that does.
Speaker 1: Drugs and abuses women and this, and they listed everything he's done.
Speaker 2: That was smart for them to do that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So we don't have to we don't have to address that. We can all agree he's a drug user. We can all agree. He abuses women, we can all agree.
Speaker 2: Now the jury is like, okay, the onus is on me to understand this very complicated area of law to see whether or not this is actual sex trafficking. I thought that that was well played, yeah.
Speaker 1: Because it's like, we're not gonna we don't have to get bogged down in.
Speaker 3: What a bad guy he is, because he's a bad guy, you know.
Speaker 1: And I guess it would be the same with like a mafia person gets on there is he in the mafia?
Speaker 3: Is he an organizer?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, yes, yes.
Speaker 2: Is he a terrible.
Speaker 1: Husband with three mistresses da dad?
Speaker 2: Yes? All that?
Speaker 3: But did he laundry money? Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: So I guess if you could just get past It was interesting too that your guests said that they told the jury you know, there's going to be some really rough stuff here sexually, and it's going to be talked about openly, the sexual stuff.
Speaker 2: So if you're not prepared for that, you shouldn't be here. Yeah too, it was like wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I would have to think about that as a juror, Like, as much as I would like to help and serve my cific duty or whatever.
Speaker 3: And I don't really know who.
Speaker 1: Puff Daddy is really, so i'd be a good juror on this case. And I haven't really heard much about it because that I'm a astrophysicist and that's.
Speaker 3: What I worry about. I don't really care about what's going.
Speaker 2: On in music. Then you'd be a good juror.
Speaker 1: But if you're gonna be like, oh, he made that guy pee in that girl's mouth, like what, then maybe that's.
Speaker 2: Something they would choose us if it said on the sheet you know, we routinely talk about true crime documentaries, or they'd be like no, nope, no, no.
Speaker 1: No, we would know we would be disqualified from every trial because we have opinions and thoughts.
Speaker 3: And yeah, remember.
Speaker 2: Yesterday when we were talking, I said that this one director has talking to talking to you about my photographic memory, and she said, I'm I can't help but be cynical because I remember so many details. That's right, that's right, Yeah, it's true. I think that's right.
Speaker 1: And I know I only know two people with the photographic memories. You and my brother in law has a photographic memory. He's a doctors that really served him well in med school. Yeah, yeah, so he can. He could just look at.
Speaker 2: Like any sort of medical term and just remember it everything. That's great. My grandmother had it for music. She could look at a sheet of music and remember it. And my because it shows up in each generation in a different way. My dad is it for details about history. So he should have been like a history professor. Probably.
Speaker 1: Yeah, one day I want to do a whole separate interview with you just about your dad.
Speaker 2: He's crazy. Yeah, one day when he called on my birthday this year, but the day after.
Speaker 1: Oh, well, so the photographic memory didn't work with his history member. Well that and also he's in a facility, so I don't know. It's like a Jack's situation where I'm like, you're in a facility. How do you have access to a phone? I could tell you from when my husband was in a facility. He could do like one phone call every other day until he got access to be able to do one a day, and it would be like I'm calling you at four, and like tomorrow I'll be calling you at four if you if I couldn't answer at four, then he would just move on to like call his parents or whatever.
Speaker 3: Because he only had thirty minutes. Thirty minutes.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: When I was at boarding school, we would I lived with sixteen girls, and there was a sheet to call your boyfriend because it was only ten ten minute allotments. So if you called the other student home where your boyfriend was and that phone was busy, ah, you walked run it out. And so sometimes I would get through or he would get through and be like, oh we can talk for two minutes.
Speaker 3: And that was a man.
Speaker 1: And then you had the other girl going TikTok ats three days.
Speaker 2: I got to go talk to my boyfriend, you know, Mike. But wait, and what do you talk about? Nothing in high school, especially if you're both at boarding school.
Speaker 1: You don't even have like any shared shared gossip to talk about or anything.
Speaker 2: You could be like that history teacher is a real bitch. Well, I don't know that history teacher because I'm in a different school, you know exactly.
Speaker 1: There's like, what did I talk about in high school? Probably just going out and drinking dakers.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Are you following the Karen retrial like I am?
Speaker 2: And there's no there is.
Speaker 1: No testimony today. On Tuesday, there was an illness. Somebody had an illness and they couldn't have it. So I'm I'm okay with it because then tomorrow I'll have the whole day to catch up.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, I covered it the first trial, and I feel like I got burned out, okay, and so when I read through the stuff now, I feel like it's like, I'm it's regurgitating. I don't know, I kind of I find that with what I do. I like deep dive things and then I move on, and it's like a blessing of the job. It's like taking a college course and I really deep dive something and then I have to move on. Yeah, so that it doesn't it's not of enough of interest that it like lures me back other topics, Like you could have a docu memory or a podcast or a trial about the jfk assassination, and I'll come back each time, but other ones, I'm like, I'm kind of like I'm keeping keep it.
Speaker 3: Moving, Okay.
Speaker 1: Well, if anybody needs any information, I am watching the trial every single day with Emily D. Baker, and I'm excited because tomorrow when I'm driving to the beach, I'll have the whole day, Like I could just have it.
Speaker 2: On and just listen to it.
Speaker 3: Just be listening.
Speaker 1: It's just I wrote that to Amy Phillips other day. She's like, what a dream to have five hours in the car and just be able to listen to the trial. It's like, Yeah, the Brian Coberger trials coming up and I'm going to be following that one to the dayline this week was really good on that.
Speaker 3: They might have been watching with me, and he did.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's nice. The only things recently that I've had my husband watch with me screeners wise was the Osama American Manhunt Osama ban Laden, which is the one where it's three episodes about Operation Dawbreaker and like the span of years that it took. Yeah, he watched every single episode with me and my high school sophomore too. They were totally And the other one was one hundred Foot Wave, which is on HBO and it's like my favorite sports series. He watched every single other one. Than that, we don't watch the same things.
Speaker 1: No, Well, we've discussed this, and so the fact that we get to Oxford and I go, you know what, We're going to order Uber Eats and we're going to each sit in our own individual chair, eat our own individual pizza and you can work or play Angry Birds and I'm going to watch the dateline And he was like, that sounds.
Speaker 2: Like a perfect night to me. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So every so often he would chime in with how many people were murdered. I'm like, don't ask any questions.
Speaker 2: Yeah, get out of here, get it.
Speaker 1: You can have to wait till the commercial and the Diddy trial we already talked about. So you're going to be my source on that. And what other things right now? Is Kate Casey recommending? Because Kate Casey has a must watch list and I always ask her what I should watch.
Speaker 2: This week? The Liver King on Netflix is this why story? What the Liver King? So? This liver liver So untold is a series on Netflix. It's untold stories, typically usually about sports. Well, this one is about a man named Brian Johnson who is nicknamed the liver King. Okay, and during twenty twenty one, he starts making these videos where he's talking about his physique. He's all super muscular and how he has it because of his workout schedule and because he eats a diet rich in liver. So he would eat and then he started making supplements and like build an empire. But in the videos that were posted, they were very over the top, like he's pulling the chain connected to a car. But he was eating raw meat on TV or on social media, so he's like cow testicles and liver and all that stuff and he eat. So he became really famous, and then he would go on these interviews and people were like, you're clearly taking steroids, and he'd say, no, no, no, it's my diet and this liver diet. Well a year later there's an email's lead and it turns out, of course, he is taking steroids because of course. So this doc they went and filmed at his property with his wife and his kids and the whole thing, and they uncover the whole story and he's interviewed and it's hard to watch yet fascinating. Okay, so that one and I have to think. I'm like, I feel like Vicky Gumbelson's son in law was on that diet too, maybe Vicky or Brianna too, But basically he said, oh, my kids and I eat this diet because it's cured them of all their ailments. And it's like there's no proof of that. Yeah, okay, so that's good the one I mentioned American Man Hunt. Osaman bin Laden comes out.
Speaker 1: Tomorrow, okay, everybody comes out Wednesday, okay.
Speaker 2: Is to think of it, like the first episode goes talks about September eleventh, and they interview all these people from the Bush Administration, CIA agents, everybody. And then there's the second episode kind of is that in between period where they're like trying to track him down. And the last episode is all about the mission when they went to Pakistan and to the house and how they recreated the house and all of that. So it's like edge of your seat. It feels like a movie, and like even though you know the outcome, you're still and you're and you're so proud to be an American because these the Seal team goes in, they get him, they get out, they don't harm any civilians in the process, their whole team is fine. You're just like so excited. Okay. And then the other one, which I told you about, which I'm so obsessed with.
Speaker 1: Okay, here we go, guys, get ready to go on a rampage. Go ahead, here we go.
Speaker 2: The jud Family Truth Be Told. This one's on Lifetime, but you can watch it on Amazon Prime. I'm not like a huge country music star, but I'm familiar with the juds Naomi and Why not A and I remember they had a show like on the Open Network and Ashley Judd obviously was involved with the Me Too movement. This one is four episodes and it really goes into their family history, the generational trauma. The mom was sexually abused by your relative, so was her mother, And and then kind of like the secrets in their family why Ioa didn't find out until she was thirty about the the identity of a real father, but the mom and the sister kept it a secret. It's like Real Housewives has nothing on this. You are just like and it's a southern family. And yeah, so the generational trauma or the cultural issues, like all of it, I think from Tennessee or Kentucky. They're from Kentucky. And I just interviewed the director and I said to her, I cried my face off. I love these women so much. You know when you read like a really good book, Yeah, and you're like, I love these characters. They're so flawed, they are so conflicts with one another, but they love each other. That was so messed up that happened. I love these women so much, and I also think it's really important, like the what they talk about mental health and of course their mom died by suicide and their spirit heading this legislation which protects information related to death by sue side because in Naomi's case, there were crime scene photos and information about her death that were leaked to the tabloids so so gross. You were just going to love Winona and Ashley so much and you're gonna just I get what. I kind of felt like I was mourning the opportunity to never meet Naomi after watching that, Like, God, they're just rich character Southern women. It's so up your alley. I just I really loved that one.
Speaker 1: You know, No, I hope next there's a documentary about Lisa Marie Presley.
Speaker 2: Doing that, because I think that would be really interesting, that kind of a really there's that. If you like Lisa Marie story, you'll like this one too.
Speaker 1: Yeahchsten, I know about the juds. I'm Southern, I know, I don't. There were so many things I'd never even heard of. I was like, oh, wow, they have her brother, Naomi's brother. He never did an interview before. Oh uh huh I can't believe how honest everybody was. Okay, and so it's on Lifetime or Amazon Prime.
Speaker 2: You said, yeah, it was beautiful, beautiful.
Speaker 1: Maybe I'll watch it. I'll give it a six out of ten chance that I'll watch it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I loved it.
Speaker 1: Not because I don't want to. It's a time constraint and you know, got the Karen read case to solve. That's going to be hard for you because Karen Reid is a big commitment.
Speaker 3: It's a big commitment. But why am I doing it? I don't know.
Speaker 1: And when the coburger thinks, I'm going to stry. And now I'm like mad that I'm not able to watch the Diddy thing? Are we able to watch it? Or if there just reporting from the courtroom? Me, I'm reporting, But is the Diddy trial being televised?
Speaker 2: No, it's not. Okay, So but you can tell like you can in real time look at all the updates.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, I'm gonna wait.
Speaker 1: No that give That gives me a sense of relief that I don't have to worry that I'm missing watching it.
Speaker 2: You know. The one thing that makes I made a video about it because it just makes me laugh. But the Karen Read trial. People who are believing that Karen reidid it, They'll say, I just can't believe a group of people like I could keep a secret for that long. And I'm like, have you ever met an Irish American? Yeah, we keep secrets to the great Southerners.
Speaker 1: There you go, yeah, you go, yeah, definitely, twelve people in a family can know somebody committed a murder and yeah, stick with the story.
Speaker 2: Story. Naomi Judd and Ashley Judd knew that Whya's a real father was not Michael Simonella for thirty years and did not tell her At some point.
Speaker 1: It just escapes your mind and you believe your own lie. I think, you know, yeah, yeah, Well, I don't think it's that many. I don't think it's that many people hiding a secret. I think it's only three four people that really.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but that's what people be like, Oh, there's no way all those people keep secret. I'm like, yeah, they can. And the other thing about Naomi what you'll realize is she had a propensity to exaggerate things. So just like she wrote a book and there's this author in there, like a reporter, She's like, yeah, I did, like chicken Ea check her on all of our lives. And of course me, I go, oh, she's lying because she's like a child assault survivor.
Speaker 1: And then yeah, she was yeah, oh okay, are you guys? Kate director recommends it.
Speaker 2: She's a Kate. You're so empathetic. I'm so glad you saw it. I'm like, yeah, I know women like I generational trauma, like I've been there, Like I get it. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Oh my gosh, well, I am.
Speaker 2: Going to venture to say that your listeners I said this to you yesterday. I mean, yeah, I feel like your listeners this is I just think it's so up their alley. Yeah. I think you're right. You're a woman over twenty eight years old. You're going to devour this and you're going to just love these women so much.
Speaker 1: Am I a my lunch today with Olivia Path. We talked a lot about like age differences and stuff and her generation, which is my daughter's generation. I was like, you guys are going to save us, Like I don't you know. I say, it's interesting because like when I everything in my life goes back to Billie Eilish. When I watched the Billie Eilish documentary her mom, who of course is like my age, was saying. The producer was asking, like, how do you feel about her writing like this, like sad, depressing or talks about suicidal ideation or people her age, kids her age beinging on drugs and all this stuff. And she goes, well, if she goes, if you were in that generation, you'd be depressed too. She was like, they have a lot to be depressed about. They have a lot to be worried about. They're the only they're the first generation that grew up with screens and so they literally know that Indian and Pakistan are in a war. When you were that age, did you know that? No, because if you didn't watch it on this is a lot news you didn't know. So, yeah, they have a lot to be worried about. And I told her, I go, it's Billie Alice, his mom. That has sort of made me realize, like, your generation just has so much influence, you know, when there's at John's school, his high school, last week, there was a stabbing. Kids stabbed another kid. And I didn't even like tell him because first of all, he didn't go to that school anymore. But I was like, and he said something about it in the car. He goes, yeah, like that kid that got stabbed, Like, you didn't even tell me about it. I go, well, first of all, I knew if I told you about it, you would already known. So there's a point like alerting you here in the middle of exam week. But your your generation is so used to that is so used to unfortunately a shooting, school shootings, or somebody getting all.
Speaker 2: Like the coburger case, Like the roommates. I was talking to the author of a book and I said that to him. He's a generation older and he wrote this whole book, Howard Bloom, And I said, well, don't you think that's part of the reason those roommates were just texting each other and knock on authorities is because they were raised in a generation of school shootings. That's what they do. And he's like, oh, I never thought about that. Yeah, I mean that's the reality. They they would school shootings. They stay in place, they'll wait until someone comes to get them. And they're more apt to like text people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, they're more apt to text anyway, instead of just picking up the phone and calling versus call all the text all come down, here are you coming? Are you doing, you know, and instead of just like get your ass down here calling.
Speaker 2: So that's going to be interesting too.
Speaker 1: Now, something that I wrote a lot of notes on from last night is Love Hotel, and you have not watched the last episode.
Speaker 2: I'm going to tell you all about it. You can I tell you my one Love Hotel thing, please. I pitched a show to that network that is very similar to Love Hotel years ago. So when I watch it, I am in I'm enraged a little bit, so I just want to caveat that. So what I'm hearing is your review is not going to be positive. Well, I'll say this. I think obviously the host is not a great one and not the right fit. You should have had a woman over thirty five years old so they could yuck it up and really get to the deep part of the matter. I think that I don't think there are enough women. Chris Rosas the same thing, like for there need to be more. They get mooring the guys. Kind of funny that a lot of them have no idea whose women are. But I also have a lot of that intel that they're like losers. You got to have more people moving in and out. I the way that I pitched the show that I wanted to sell was that Luianne was the host, because I thought, inevitably leu Anne will flirt with all those guys and make out with one of them, and then the others will be so annoyed. They'll be like, really, I liked him, and now you're making it she can't help herself. I thought that would have been a funny element.
Speaker 1: I don't think she could ever be a host, you know what I mean, because for the reasons that you're.
Speaker 2: Saying that's very funny, it's not Listen, it's not Temptation Island, and it's not like Mark out Warburg. It's like she can't help herself. So she's like, hey, ladies, and she's always in my conversation with Luanne, she's always like she sees herself as like the romance expert, like you've got to put yourself out there. And I just thought you could just have video of her going and talking about like flirting in the art of it, and then and then it's like the like the time stamp, like you realize for the last twenty three minutes she's talked about this and there are other women are rolling their eyes, and yeah, I think that could be very slapstick.
Speaker 1: I agree with that, but I do think a better host would be Dolores.
Speaker 3: I think she'll be what.
Speaker 2: Now she's in the show. No, no, no, I think Bridget Everett would have been great. Oh my god, yes that or I said Rachel Drash, I think she would have been funny too.
Speaker 3: So funny.
Speaker 2: You're so right.
Speaker 1: All those are all good choices, said Gosh Kate. Okay, well this week, let me tell you what happens. Okay, So last week I talked to John Hill here on Thursday show and he was like, have you seen episode three? Because he gets screeners and I don't. And I was like no, and he's just like, oh, I can't tell you what happens. I go, you gotta tell me. He wouldn't tell me. I even texted him later he goes, not going to tell you, but I want you to text me once you've seen it and tell me your thoughts. I was like, okay, like what's going to happen? So I was texting with him last night. It was it was so interesting that he was like so upset by Also, you know who would have been if you needed a guy host? A perfect host would.
Speaker 2: Be John Hill. Yeah, well yeah, absolutely, yeah. He would be so funny and yeah and he would he agrees, by the way. So it's like like this guy Joel well, I'm sure like in his own ways it's very talented and in.
Speaker 1: Other this is just not It doesn't forget the controversy that happened after the show.
Speaker 2: Well I know, but just from the get from from the jump, I'm like, yeah, it's like a fish out of water. He doesn't just because he watches Bravo. He seems real distracted. I don't know what's happening. There's no there's no softness to him. You need you need somebody who's like, oh my god, let's let's like let's talk about Gary, Like what do you think, Like what's his deal? And then one of them is I just haven't really felt like I've ever been myself and I want to fall in love, all right, well, like who is your boyfriend? Who's your first boyfriend in high school? Was that like you have to have someone that does all that, not that just like walks in is like, hey girl, you look good tonight. We're going to be a bit of a yeah, like.
Speaker 1: Well so they he did have a little more of a role this episode, but because the first two episodes.
Speaker 3: He was just that robot that came in, it made no sense.
Speaker 1: Like that's why I texted to John to goo Joel and Booster are having a more of a role this episode made no sense because he didn't have it from the get and now all of a sudden he gets like a couch talking head moment.
Speaker 2: Yeah, in fairness to him, they could have cut out a lot of right, that's true.
Speaker 1: And I think also after the controversy after them blowing.
Speaker 2: Up, let's chop up. Let's chop this shit up.
Speaker 1: Also, he has a one on one scene with Shannon this week, which was.
Speaker 3: At the person he complained about.
Speaker 1: But they have like this heartfelt moment where like I could see where after the show she was like, I cannot believe he said that about me. Like we bonded on this show because we're seeing it on our screen.
Speaker 2: I know, but she does seem like a little space cadet. She's like in her own world.
Speaker 1: Duh. Way he I think he'll never be invited to host anything a Bravo again. If they're smart, so I doubt they probably have them. Was like he'll be and watch what happens live in like three minutes. Come on, yeah, you're now Are we going to be on there? No, but he'll know me and you would kill it.
Speaker 2: I was asked today by Reality Steve, are you gonna go to Bravo con I went no.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well you and I differ on this. I'll give them all my money and I'm going Okay. So on this episode, we get some new guys. Okay, this is where we ended last week, where we get these new guys. So there's there's one, two, three, four, five, there's six guys, but three of them get the boot right away. They let them have the evening to talk to all the guys and then at the end they have to pick of those guys which three they want to stay.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: The guys that we have that have stayed from the last time are Ralph, The Sounds is some specialists from Nashville who I'm dying to know what bands he worked with, Like that's all I want to know, Okay. Earl is the legal consultant whose wife died who was one Shandon likes. Wile is the IT director from Providence, Rhode Island. He likes Ashley. And then we have Philip, the investor who has two houses.
Speaker 3: One in bel Air.
Speaker 1: No, okay, he was getting real specific about what street he lived on this.
Speaker 2: Week to share remember what street? It was.
Speaker 3: No, you'll have to watch it and find out yourself.
Speaker 2: Okay, but she.
Speaker 1: Knows bel Air? Was she like, callin bullshit on that. She was like, that's a great neighborhood. It's very walkable. No, it was, so he does live there. He could live in an apartment.
Speaker 2: But yeah, yeah, he's he has one friend from high school that did well and he cooks. Like what street he's on?
Speaker 3: Okay, I don't.
Speaker 2: Think that's successful. Is on the show, Let's be honest.
Speaker 1: Jay is the marketing director who lives in Boston, and he's the one who likes Giselle. Now I will tell you that. And I told John this last week. This one guy that they voted off last week, Mark the real estate developer in New York who's very good looking, hair, very good looking. When I talked to Megan Weaver, she was like, oh, I followed him for years on Instagram and I.
Speaker 2: Was like, oh interesting.
Speaker 1: She said she was stunned when she saw him on TV. And she's a designer and he's a real estate developer. She's like, I've followed his buildings and everything for years.
Speaker 2: Well that's how they I know a ton of people in casting, and that's what they just said.
Speaker 1: They yeah, media, Yeah, okay, So these new guys, I'm not even going to talk about the ones that get booted. Okay, we've got Jason, who's twenty seven. He's a young guy, he's a black guy, cute, real estate development, lives in DC. So now we're getting somewhere. Let's get some geographically appropriate people. Yeah, we've got James, who's sixty two, is an entrepreneur.
Speaker 3: Santa Monica, okay, Srantamonica.
Speaker 1: Adam is fifty four, real estate developer from Belmont, California, and I don't know where that is, but he studied at Oxford. He you know, is lived in Italy. So of course Louis is like, oh, Darling, oh you're international, thank god, like a man who's educated international.
Speaker 2: She likes that.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, now here's what happens. These are bullet points Giselle and Edwards. He's a guy that comes in that gets voted off. He told like this, like James Arl Jones yep, and they're like WHOA Like, here he comes. She's from DC as well. She's to Date's cousin. So right when he comes in, she was like, don't.
Speaker 3: I know you?
Speaker 1: He's like, yeah, I think you did a book cousin. There's this other guy named Craig that also gets voted off. Who when I tell you they were like. Ashley is like, you have a doppelganger?
Speaker 3: Who is it?
Speaker 1: He's like Stephen King Who. She goes, I'm getting Austin Powers. Oh boy, Okay, so you can get a grasp of what he looks like. Okay, Now Lewien is trying to talk to Adam again. Adam is the real estate guy that's like over educated, studied at Oxford. Real estate guy lives in Belmont, California. Louien is trying to talk to him and Austin Power comes over and interrupts and literally like you know, she's been on television for a long time because as she's talking to this guy and the Austin Powers guy's up, she's like like looking over because he's interrupting, and he goes, I was about to say something. She goes, were you about to say? You hate to interrupt. He was like, He's like, no, I like to interrupt. Then we get into talking about something about seven years okay, and lou Ane goes, what what are you kidding?
Speaker 2: I work in seven year cycles.
Speaker 1: And then we see her for like her audition clip or her something clip where she talks about she, you know, lived in overseas for seven years, got married, was married for seven years, was divorced for seven years, got married for seven months, and now she's back on seven years is seven years since her last relationship. So she goes, that's crazy because I work on seven year cycles too. So Adam the guy says, oh, my birthday is seven, seventeen seventy, and she goes, that's my dad's birthday, stands up, starts bawling, crying, and walks off.
Speaker 2: She locks herself in the bathroom. Oh seeing Yeah, you don't really see that side of her.
Speaker 1: No, So she like cries and goes to the bathroom, and yeah, I think Shanna is like, where'd she go?
Speaker 3: What's happening? Somebody goes looks for her. I can't remember.
Speaker 1: Maybe it's Giselle, but anyway, we see her then like get a cigarette and her beer because they're both drinking on camera. Shannon and Anla Lamb go off. She goes off with her beer and her cigy and it calms herself down. Shanna is talking to James. Okay, remember James is from Santa Monica. James talking He went to USC and we know Shanna went to USA. She's like, so she's excited about that. Ashley talks to Jason, the DC guy, and they're kind of bonding. But Ashley is leaning towards this Walle and this Jason. They're both young, and later she says, like, I really just even though I'm about their same age, Like, I don't have anything in common with them. I've had a whole marriage, a whole life, I've got kids.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I don't really have anything in common with these young guys. That's why she likes.
Speaker 1: She's like, I need to fix my daddy issues with another daddy, you know, basic ankers yikes.
Speaker 2: Arue. Wow.
Speaker 1: So Shannon and leu Anne both like Adam the guy with los dad's birthday.
Speaker 2: All right, So the ladies go back.
Speaker 1: They chat with Joelkin Booster and none of them are really like feeling the guys too much. They liked the first group better, and they're like, we don't even know if we want to give these keys out, but they have to give out new keys. Leuyenne gives her key to Adam as he walks up to get the key. This is why you know she's drinking again.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: She's like okay, sticks her tongue out like eh and then does like ah, like a here's the key. It was inappropriate, and they're all like okay.
Speaker 2: Layne shit.
Speaker 1: Shannon gives her key to James the guy that went to USC, Ashley gives her key to Jason the young guy, and Gazelle says, I'm not feeling this.
Speaker 3: I'm not giving a key to anybody.
Speaker 2: So she's she likes her original three. Okay.
Speaker 1: Now we see James USC guy and Adam chatting with leu Ayne. James is said, so Adam was saying he's married two times. James and Luanne are both like, my motto is I love my life, and James like, that's your motto, that's my motto, I love my life. I was like, okay, but Adam is the worldly one and James is the USC one. Now Joel Kim Booster, I guess it's the next day or something, takes Shannon some towels to her room.
Speaker 3: He's like towel delivery.
Speaker 2: She's like, oh, Joel.
Speaker 1: So he comes in and in my mind, I'm like, oh, this is where we're going to see that. The two of them have some sort of strife, so it'll makes sense.
Speaker 2: They've totally cut it all out. They don't want to highlight this. I'm telling you right now what they're going to do. They're not going to show any of that.
Speaker 1: It's they have the nicest conversation, like what you're saying, because she's like, you know, I know I could be a handful, and he's like, let's go back to that, like why would you say that about yourself? It doesn't matter if you're a handful, Like you deserve to be here, just like everybody else. And she's just like, I know, I just don't like to date. And he's like, no, girl, you've got it going on. This is the year's like it is like a super pep talk. He's so nice to her. Then we see her by the pool. Like I gu said earlier that day, showing the guys, I think the original guys that at eleven and fifty nine tomorrow will be the one year anniversary of my dui at eleven and fifty nine, and she shows them that picture of her bloody face, the selfie that she took.
Speaker 2: She's a mouse.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so we do know, Kate, and like that, when anniversaries come up around traumatic events, you do have a reaction to it, whether you were even realizing that's the day of it or not. You know, Like, you know, my husband had his sister died and it was around December, and he never quite understood like why around December he would you know, he would kind of not spiral, but be depressed more or than normal holiday stuff. And of course in all the therapy and stuff he did, he realized it's because that's around the time his sister passed away. So things that are big anniversaries for you in your life, whether it's the and you get sober. In this case, she had this dui, it was a huge event in her life. It's not a great time for her to be on a television program looking for Love.
Speaker 2: No, it's not. I you know, she should have gone off TV for a couple of seasons. But yeah, well none of them can They can't handle it because they feel like they're going to be forgotten about.
Speaker 3: Right right.
Speaker 1: So now Giselle and Jay talk and he's, you know, from their original crew, and she and Ashley were both talking about Walle and Jay and how when Wala is with Gazelle as friends, he's super fun and when Jay is talking to Ashley, he's super fun. But when they get with the girls that they like, they're too serious. So he sits down to talk and she's like, you know, I just have heard from Ashley that like you're so fun and like you're not even showing me that, and we got to have fun together, and he goes, well, I'm trying to show you that I'm serious. He goes, but I don't really know if there's a romantic spark with you because I can't tell if you're feeling it. But I'm really focused on you, and she goes, but you got to give me all of you. You got to be like fun. You can't just be like serious to show me you're serious, Like gotta have fun too.
Speaker 3: We're at the Love Hotel ha.
Speaker 1: Joel Kim Booster now gets his own talking head on a couch and he says, these ladies something something something so tonight I've planned an amazing dinner with an astrologer. Okay, Joel, you planned it. So they go to this dinner on the rooftop of the hotel and Ashley and Wile are talking. Wile is so insecure. He's like, whatever you're feeling about me, like you're not allowing it, Like you need to lean in to what you're feeling about me. And she's like, you know the problem is with me. When I get in a relationship, I really dive in. He's like, dive in then, and she goes, look, we're on this basically, we're on a dating show. Okay, I'm not going to just like commit just to you, basically is what she's saying.
Speaker 3: And he goes, she.
Speaker 1: Goes, geographically, we're not close and I don't want more kids, and you're young. He's like, now we're getting somewhere, like now you should talk about it, and she's just like he seems annoying. He's insecure. So then on the talking head she goes, these younger guys, they haven't been married, they don't have kids, they can't connect me with me on things like again, you know, just so this is where the weird thing happens. Okay, So Philip, the guy that lives in bel Air air quote, and then Shannon and then Earl, and Earl's on the end. So they say something about they're looking at like the little prefixed menu or whatever, and something comes and it's watermelon bradish salad or something, and he goes, well, they should know not to give that to me. I've told them I don't eat vegetables. And Shannon does he remember, like what huh? You know, she's so like whoa so reactive? And he goes, she goes, what do you mean? And he goes, I don't know. I've just never ate vegetables. She goes, what, I live in California and everybody eats vegetables, like it's just a California thing, okay. But because of her reaction like that, he says, why do you look like you always want to slap me? Because of her weird reaction, and she's like what huh? And he goes, yeah, like where are you mad at me about the vegetables? You know, because she's so overreacting. So then Shannon talks to Phil on her other side, and he's talking about bell Air. He's talking about his neighborhood and the specifically where he lives and stuff, and she's like, oh, that's a great area and da da dah. So they're talking about that. So Shannon leaves over to Earl who's just sitting there, and goes, you're quiet, Earl and he goes, well, I don't live in California, so I don't like have anything to add to the conversation. She goes, well, you could listen. You could be a good listener, and he goes, well, he goes, what's what's the deal? He goes, that's the third critical thing you've said to me. And then this is where it gets dicky.
Speaker 2: And she's like what, like.
Speaker 1: What and he goes, I don't know, she's what you said three things And he goes, I don't know. I don't have examples. And he goes, maybe I'm just sensitive. Maybe I'm sensitive because if you're talking too much to Phil about California or whatever.
Speaker 2: And this is probably by Joel Kim Booster also does a link her.
Speaker 1: Phil goes, hey, we're just having a conversation at a dinner table. Like He's like, it's not that deep, Earl, It's not that deep, Shannon, right, So she says to him at the dinner. She turns to him and goes, you know you're going to put me in tears, and he goes what he goes, you know, it is shocking that you don't eat vegetables.
Speaker 2: In California, everybody eats vegetables.
Speaker 1: And then she goes, I wish you would have said something if you thought I was being critical, Like if I was annoying, you should have said something, and he goes, it's the dinner party, sweetie.
Speaker 2: Yikes.
Speaker 1: So now after the dinner, Shannon and Earl go sit down by the side because people are going over to this astrologer who was foresure methed out of her mind. The astrologer was giving Carolyn from the Trader's energy just like like that. I know that she's a sober person. I'm just saying her energy is chaming and strange. So Shanna talks to Earl and she goes, I was triggered by your anger. Oh God, shows it reminds me of my ex who would just get mad and I just wouldn't know why. And he goes, well, I was I was triggered by your criticism of because that reminds me of max wife who criticized me about everything, and he goes, look, let's just let's take a break, you know, let's you know, step away from each other. Well, this is stupid, this is this is stupid whatever. And then she goes, well, that's the last check. That's the last check on the box. Tell me that I'm stupid. He didn't say that. He goes, let's just walk on. This is a stupid like, this is stupid, Like why are we talking about vegetables?
Speaker 2: Right, But she goes, that's the last check on the box. Tell me I'm stupid. That's that's the last thing. Shannon only listens to what she wants to hear, so that's why everyone gets enraged by her. It was wild. So he's like okay.
Speaker 1: So so she stomps off and he's like all right, so he walks off. So then we see Ralph, who's the guy that like everybody liked last episode.
Speaker 2: Everybody likes him.
Speaker 3: He's really cute.
Speaker 2: He's the Nashville guy.
Speaker 1: He sits down with Gazelle and goes, look, you know, we haven't had tons of chance to talk and stuff, but like, should I pursue you or no? Like, are you interested? She is, Yes, I'm very interested. Great, they decide they're gonna date or whatever. Now we assume that Giselle goes back and tells all the women this, because they're telling everybody each other everything, right, Okay, just keep that in mind. Shannon talks to Leuyenne and Ashley starts crying about Earl No, like I'm.
Speaker 2: Trying to like it because he seems so nuts and I just can't go away. He said that about the vegetables.
Speaker 1: She starts crying. The talking head Luanne goes, look, here's the thing, here's the truth. They've only known each other two days, and Shannon is too worldly for Earl anyway.
Speaker 2: He lives on a lake.
Speaker 1: And the Ashley goes, I don't know what the deal was with that, but that wasn't worth all those tears. And also, Earl each your vegetables. So now James is sitting with Adam, and James the USC guy comes over. He starts massaging her feet, and then Jay's lounge with leu Anne and Adam strange. Then we hear Shannon sobbing in her room, like sobbing, like balling, crying in her room, and they are liking to be down the hall blair Witch style. So Giselle and Ashley are like, should we go check on her? So they go check on her and they're banging on her door. She won't answer. The camera is inside of her room, following her around while she's like raiding the mini bar. Lou Anne comes in and is sitting with Giselle and Ashley. So Louiyne, Gazelle, and Jessler are sitting there and they're like, she's had a bad year, but like she didn't know this guy. We've been here what forty eight hours, and she's crying about this guy. You know what we should do as a group. We will give her Adam. So we're gonna focus on Adam. So lou An is like, well, I kind of liked Adam, but that's fine. I'll give him up. I'll give him up because I like James. So leu Anne concedes that four men like her, she'll give one of them up, Adam, so Shannon can have a boyfriend.
Speaker 2: Adam is interested in It's so depressing, all right, this could be so much funnier. I don't know.
Speaker 1: So no, Ashley goes to chat ad Jason at the bar. She's like, I got to give you know. Wally is like way insecure and way serious, and Jason is geographically, you know, in DC. So she goes to sit with him at a bar to have like a nightcap, and it is literally one hundred percent speaking of Rachel Dretch, it is the Debbie Downer from Saturday Night Live.
Speaker 3: Here comes here comes Shannon.
Speaker 1: So actually and this guy are having a drink and Shannon walks ups like.
Speaker 2: Hi, wah whah.
Speaker 3: So they go, oh, hey, Shannon.
Speaker 1: She's like, I don't want to bother you, and they're like, no, we're okay.
Speaker 3: Sit down.
Speaker 1: So she sits down and she goes, you know, I had told Earl about my DUI and it's one year at eleven fifty nine today about my DUI, and I thought he would want to be with me and celebrate, but no, he wanted to fight with me at the table, and so he.
Speaker 2: Went a DUI last year like this is like not you should not be in a date with me or really anybody, and like, why am I here on this television show?
Speaker 1: Like why am I celebrating the one year anniversary or DUI?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like but that's yeah, it's.
Speaker 3: Not one year of sobriety.
Speaker 1: No, no, it's nothing to celebrate so other than she just feels that she's been on a better mental journey. So she says, she looks down at her watch it's eleven fifty nine, and Ashley goes, yeah, you should like, yeah, you should be proud of that because actually is you know, generally really sweet. So she goes, so, last year, I took this selfie of myself at eleven fifty nine, and this year I'm going to take a new selfie of myself to mark the new Shannon. Ashley goes, okay, so she so Sheannon goes to take a selfie, and Ashley, as the millennial.
Speaker 2: That she is, is like, girl, that light is terrible. Let me help you out. Do you have a filter? Let me help you.
Speaker 1: So she helps her take a picture. Now here's where the twister roo comes. At the end, Ashley goes in to say good night to the guys, right because she's trying whatever. So she goes in like, I just want to tell you guys, like good night, and I don't know what happened with Shannon. She was really upset, but thanks for you guys for a great day.
Speaker 2: Whatever.
Speaker 1: So she has already told Wallet and Jason that she likes them, right, Jile has gotten insecure. Jason is this guy. She was trying to have a drink at the bar that lives in DC, and she looks over at Ralph out of the blue and goes, Ralph, I just wanted to tell you, like, you haven't told me you're interested in me, but like I've got three guys I'm interested in.
Speaker 2: You're it.
Speaker 3: I'm glad you.
Speaker 2: Stayed and Jason.
Speaker 1: Hawala are like what to her, and she goes, yeah, we're at the Love Hotel.
Speaker 3: I need to be loving it up.
Speaker 2: Ralph, I just want to let you know wow, And he goes, what, so he's already told Gazelle he's focused on her. Yeah, but I'm wondering did Gazelle tell Ashley Ralph told me he's focused on me, and Ashley went in and was like, well, I like him too. I don't know. I think they're just so bored. They're they're like just trying to make things like seem interested and happen. I don't think they're really interested in any of these guys.
Speaker 1: Well, the only one that we have proof that is a successful real estate developer was Mark that was very good looking and got booted off the Island nobody. The other guy that they booted off from last week that Leuienne had the date with was at I've got to look up his name because I got to tell you see if you remember him, so his name was. His name was Gary. He's fifty seven, a retired carpenter that retired to Puerto Rico and surfed all day.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, Luis like, yeah, I don't think I could date him because I don't like to serve that much.
Speaker 2: Well, my friend Tara said she knew one of the contestants and he has like been unemployed for a long time, wanted to be an actor. I think it's the one in Santa Monica. The one, oh, the one in Santa Monica, the one that I just told you. Okay, Well he went to USC and who knows him, She knows him, Okay, So he's an absolute loser.
Speaker 1: His title under his chirro and says James sixty two entrepreneur.
Speaker 3: That's it, Santa Monica.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's she said. He's a loser.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: Well, of course Shannon's liking him, so, but no, Leuienne is liking him now because Louanne decided she would gift Adam to Shannon.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, how nice here.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about the Valley now when we're recording this. We haven't seen the latest episode, but guys, it is on subscription Pink Shade Prime. There with Keisha, we are covering it on the ten dollars level turn by turn recaps. And the great thing about covering the Valley with Keisha is that she never watch vander Pump roles.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's good.
Speaker 3: It's good. She's coming.
Speaker 2: She's coming at it with like a different angle. Yeah, the Valley. Uh I hear, here are my hot takes?
Speaker 3: Okay, please can't wait.
Speaker 2: Jack should not be on this television show. Jax likes to tell people he created the show. He didn't create the show. Alex Baskin did.
Speaker 1: And by the way, kay, how many people, including me and you and everybody else in the world has been saying since about the sixth season of andander Pump Rules, We're like, it needs to be a spin off for the original cast and then recast it. This is not in a digital idea.
Speaker 2: No, but Ax has the power to actually make it happen. So Jax needs to be off the show. I mean, he's doing everything he can to be on camera because he wants the money, but also he is a fame addiction.
Speaker 1: I don't think they are paid per episode or they paid per flat rate, so he feels like like like housewives, if they're friend of and they don't get invited on a trip, they're not paid for the episode.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure. I just can't stand watching him.
Speaker 3: Okay, I think.
Speaker 2: I think Danny is a little too all shocks for me, Like there's gotta be some skeleton and Nia.
Speaker 3: Okay, they've they've been talking about a drinking problem.
Speaker 2: They're very she's very pageanty, and I know they're very like religious. So I just it's either you're gonna find out they're diabolical or they're going to have to be bumped to friends, because I just don't think there's enough there.
Speaker 1: But they're focusing on Danny's drinking problem, and it seems like Nia and Brittany this week do get in some kind of argument because I think Brittany's trying to be like, I know my husbands in rehabit. Your husband's a drunk too, and I think he is like husband under the bus.
Speaker 2: Yeah good, I hope that stuff comes to the surface. Hey, you know what I mean. Yeah, yeah, I don't know. Other than that, I kind of like, it's not like appointment television.
Speaker 3: Oh it is for me, Jesse and Michelle. Do you have a side?
Speaker 2: Christa Rosso told me he heard that Jesse sidles up to the pool at Chateau Mormant and the little girl swims in the pool and he pretends he's doing business calls, which I'm like, that sounds right because I don't think he has a job. He has a girlfriend that's kind of alluded to on the show, and she lives in oc and I know people in common, and I think she should be on the show because I think she would be very, very very interesting. That could add like something to the show that I think it kind of lacks right now.
Speaker 3: Well, maybe next season. This sister in the middle of the divorce.
Speaker 2: This season, yeah, it's a little dark sometimes.
Speaker 1: That girl, that girl Jesse, her backstory is very dark. Yeah, her backstory is dark, so we don't Yeah, she and she seems a little dark. So she's threatening to sue everybody all the time.
Speaker 2: So that's not cute. No, But I mean she's somebody who is very interested in being a socialite, and I always find that fascinating, Like the people in South California like an advocate, kind of social lite.
Speaker 1: Well, she's an influencer as well in addition to being like an advocate, So you would think she would want to be on TV to draw attention to her cause.
Speaker 2: But it like, are you an influencer for no one's ever heard of you and you don't want your name to be known, Like that's all interesting to me. So it's a little dark right now. Jack's going to rehab for cocaine, realizing he probably won't be hired anywhere else unless it's like a villain show. Moving forward, Jesse and Michelle, it's gonna, you know what, It's gonna be a season of darkness and then it'll probably be slapstick more the next season. Him. Yeah, because they were unknowns, they all got famous together. They're a peeling the layer back on their reality after they became famous, and it's going to be dark for a little bit.
Speaker 1: You know that Matt mar used to work with Jason because Matt yeah, because he was like a paralegal or whatever, and Jason was the lawyer at that firm. He say, he's like the nicest guy on the end. He's the patron saint of the vallet.
Speaker 2: He's really sweet, really really seems reality just told me that Janet lived in Ohio and was married to someone and she was obsessed with Vanno rules and told her husband, I'm going to give La a year and then like came out to La, became Sheena's friend, and then like got rid of them. I'm like, is that true?
Speaker 3: I think that's ninety percent true. Yeah, But by the.
Speaker 2: Way, is that totally dissimilar from like Real Housewives? Like people want to be on the show and then they befriend the cast member.
Speaker 1: It's kind of like, is that different in how Brittany met Jax or Carol, Ali and Raquel Mate met DJ James Kennedy. I mean, yeah, I know you had Ali on. I've not listened to list.
Speaker 2: She's lovely. I liked her a lot. I got a little bit more of her backstory, and then she did my natal chart, which I thought was very interesting. That cool. She's sweet. She h.
Speaker 1: Did you get any scoop from her about the new vander Pump season?
Speaker 3: Is she going to be on it?
Speaker 2: I didn't care to even ask.
Speaker 3: Eight the answers we need.
Speaker 2: I don't care. You don't care. She's going to be on the reboot of vander Pomp. I don't care about vander Pump. No, I don't think she is because it's a whole new cast. It's younger people, it's not the old people.
Speaker 1: They don't have any person that's a throughway, not one person that's going.
Speaker 2: To be definitely not DJ James Kennedy.
Speaker 3: Well not that fucker which, but she is there, completely done right?
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, good, okay, Yes, she seems to have a good enough head on her shoulders too.
Speaker 2: She was lovely. I liked her. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Mandy Slitsker has talked to her quite a bit and thinks that she's great.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: A natal chart done by her too. No, I'm interested to hear what other people think. I thought she was really very perceptive about.
Speaker 1: She's done made. Mandy doesn't have kids. I don't know if you have to have kids to have a natal chart.
Speaker 2: No, no, not at all. No, it's just you get your birth date, the day you were born, where you were born, in the time.
Speaker 1: Okay, it has nothing to do with being a parent. Okay, So she has read she has done Mandy's chart, Okay, and Mandy.
Speaker 2: Thought it was like incredibly spot on. I thought was spot on.
Speaker 1: Okay, really quick, let's talk about Real Housewives of Atlanta.
Speaker 3: Shemiah.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I love Samiya.
Speaker 2: Mean, I should have been on the show a couple of seasons ago. And I do think there's some truth that Porscha probably cock balk that and I think that that's so too. But I also think that's what happens with Fame. I do like Angela. I like she's a good counterbalance for all, Like if it was all like Kenya's, like Alpha's and like over the top, she'd like counterbalances it a little bit. And I feel like Shemiah is really as much as she can be, like kind of honest. I think she's more honest than Malors. But it's our first season. I love that the aultpha she wears in the interviews, it's like a purple dress. Yes, so beautiful. I think that Britt is a real mystery, Like do.
Speaker 1: You think her husband hates her? It seems like her husband hates her, yeah, probably Yeah. What about Kelly the Queen of Wolfa.
Speaker 2: I didn't buy it that she said that they walk around naked all the time too. I was like that sounds not right. That's agree with that. Kelly is Kelly is a cute as a button. Her daughter, the older one, reminds me of my daughter, like just funny and.
Speaker 3: Just says it like it is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, says it like it is. I think Kelly is adorable. She seems like a great and I thought it was cool that she was like, yeah, my daughter's father, I'm like best friends with them. But this one's probably not gonna happen because of the restraining order.
Speaker 1: I was like, yeah, Angela, back to her, so agel she.
Speaker 2: Bought those three properties, Like she's not obviously a very good real estate agent, Like what is she doing?
Speaker 1: She's a financial consultant, and I thought.
Speaker 2: Hey, that should be over I like that worst thing she could do was show us those three properties, and like, now I just don't I would not trust you with anything financial related.
Speaker 1: That house that she showed three million, I was like a.
Speaker 2: Joke, Like as soon as you showed the pictures, I was like, way overpriced. But I feel like she'd be fun to go out to dinner with, Like she seemed like if you had something wrong with you, you could go to our house and she'll she gives great advice, yeah, but not financial advice.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 1: I think I think that we saw this week at least, she is more of a shit stir than we realized. You know, she's kind of doing like, oh I heard this, I said that, but I didn't.
Speaker 2: Probably like you're really bringing nothing to the table. You got to step it up. Then she's like, oh okay, and then she was like, oh I get it, because then Porscha comes over to play tennis, and Porscha's like, this is how you do it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I thought it was I thought it was great her talking about, you know, her marriage and saying like, okay, here's here's how that got started. About the joke about the the not joke. But I said to Wendy Williams is just a baby, and I've been down that road too. But she said what she was referring to is when her ex, the ex of who she has a child with. Whether or not that's true, I don't know, but I thought all her giving all that backstory was interesting and really talking about like, yeah, and my husband is cheated. It was around that time he got kicked out of Madison Square Garden whatever. I don't believe that story, but that's that's that he got kicked out of Madison Square Garden. I don't think that that was the issue in their marriage and that he got kicked out of Madison Square Garden. No, obviously there were many things going on in his personal life to make him behave that way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was probably all fed into each other, right. He seems very cool and very handsome. Yes, he is.
Speaker 1: I told you my husband walked through the room and was like, yeah, is that Charles Ugley on the television.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, he's on this show.
Speaker 3: And Dave's like, oh my god.
Speaker 2: I just kind of like them because they just seem cool, like you would want to go to their house and just like hang out, Like he would walk through the room and just like drop a couple like funny one.
Speaker 1: Liners and yeah. And I also feel like they've been through some shit.
Speaker 2: Thank you. I was just about to say the thing I like about them is I feel I get the sense they've got a life well lived. I think maybe like Kelly and Britt are too young. I really think Atlanta is best when you have like Angela's age. Like I asked Carlos King, I'm like, who has the most power in Atlanta? Because the way he described Atlanta as like rooms, like what rooms can you get in? There's like the socialite room, there's the like yeah, which I think is like such a good way to illustrate it. But I said, who is the one, like the most sought after invitation Atlanta, Like if she's at your party? Like, oh my god, And he said, yes, Steve Harvey's wife.
Speaker 3: I know, I heard you say that.
Speaker 2: And then I was like, well me, so I'm thinking like that age group, like those are lives well lived. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what I feel about Angela. I think like she and her husband have been through some stuff, they've worked there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like that's like why I like the Judd story too. It's like a life well lived, like a lot of like introspection, and I just feel like the younger ones they just want to be TV stars and there's not a lot of introspection. I like it when you talk to someone older and they're like, yeah, I was a real dumb ass with my second marriage, and you know, like I just like that matter.
Speaker 1: I think Cynthia is great in a friend of role. I think she's doing a good job in the friend of role. I think Drew's story is so nuts with Ralph and everything. I think it's like she's like, I don't know what he does in the basement because they were like he has a podcast. She's like, when did you get a podcast? They're like, girl, she was, I don't.
Speaker 3: Know what he does in the basement. That was funny.
Speaker 2: She's I feel like she's young too. I feel like she she might be better, like five years from now, well she's got maybe like when she like married again, or her kids are older, and she's like, oh, remember when I was married to Ralph. I don't know. I feel like she's going to get better the older she gets.
Speaker 3: Remember when I was ready to Ralph?
Speaker 2: You know what I mean? Like, I feel like I love Sonya Richard Ross. I love her so much. It's going to be so good in like eight more years because her kids are really little.
Speaker 1: What do you think is there a world when Kenya ever gets to come back? No, doubtful really is getting to come back. And she had gotten canceled off. They st launched her on a goult.
Speaker 2: Not right now, No, I think it was Watching that playback was really painful, terrible, terrible. We don't like, we don't even like Britt, it was still terrible. Maybe she can, you know, apologize or do whatever. I don't know. I don't see that. That was really hard to watch.
Speaker 1: She's what I've seen the press that she's done it. And granted I'm not like following it or googling it or trying to figure it out.
Speaker 2: Just what has popped up for me?
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: I saw her on Tambern Hall Show and she was sort of like what you guys, Yeah, what you don't understand is I was literally being threatened and they were doing nothing about it. And Okay, all that could be true, but yeah, that's one of those things. It's like we'll never know. So it just it's the crime doesn't the punishment doesn't fit the crime.
Speaker 2: I don't know because what I don't know, I just feel like there's a lot that they're not telling us there to see something with a network like that, you have a general counsel involved, there's something that happened that they were like this, we cannot move forward because this is too much of a liability.
Speaker 1: But they but they ended up. I mean they showed it ish, they showed what happened on a camera because we knew about it, it's probably worse.
Speaker 2: Well, on that happy note, like does anybody want to like listen it all fun jokes aside, like we like to see like as the kids would say, you know, shade yes, but what is the name of this podcast? Kate? You know what I'm saying? Like you get I get it. I get it, Like that's fun, But I also do not like feeling like I'm participating as if you were in a woman being humiliated. You don't know what life situation she was in in order to be in that moment of her life and to berate her on like that like another woman shouldn't do that. I just thought it made me so sad and enraged at the same time. I will really just wanted to go and like pull the plug on the production. I just was like, and then I felt bad for all the people behind the scenes who work who probably like this is not what we're trying to make this is. And then if you're at the network and you get the dailies and you're like, what the hell?
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah yeah, and you got to think, like, who is Kinny's producer that allowed that to happen?
Speaker 2: Oh well, I asked Carlos, and he said she she just she did her own thing.
Speaker 1: I mean, did she what Kinko's printed the photos out for her?
Speaker 2: I agree with you. I also think, and I've said this before and I know that you agree with me, is that the women on these shows encircle themselves with people who tell them they're the greatest thing ever and that their gross behaviors are iconic. Yeah, and do them zero favors. You need to have friends like Mary Paine and Kate who are going to go let me break this down to you. In fact, I spoke with somebody last night for an hour who is on a housewives show and just walking through things that it will never air on a podcast and never we talked about on the show. It's just they don't trust people in their lives. They just don't trust them. And I'm like, all right, well, I was like, because I'm kind of in the world, but I'm out where, I'm like, yeay, that sounds like a nightmare, or don't do that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, we have a mutual friend, Heather, and I've said that to her, like, I don't know what world you live in where all these people are trying to like stab you in the back and I think it is something about being in the entertainment industry and being a celebrity and people just kind of constantly trying to like take you down or get one up so they can get that gig or and you're like.
Speaker 2: How could you trust anybody?
Speaker 1: Can't trust me, really know, how could you trust anybody to just like be your friend and be like, yeah, that was like I invited you to do this, and that was because you're my friend, not because I'll get more clicks and likes or you know.
Speaker 3: What I mean.
Speaker 2: It's just sad.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's right.
Speaker 1: Again, we're just ending on a depressing note, but I want to end on a happy note.
Speaker 2: So tell everybody about your podcast.
Speaker 1: And what's coming up this week. So this episode comes out Thursday, so you can even promote what's coming out next week because you put out a thousand episodes a week.
Speaker 2: I know, Okay. I covered Liver King Sean Combe's Judd Family on Thursday. Friday, I'm not sure yet. Saturday, I'm interviewing a woman I came across who has a hilarious Instagram, Mackenzie Barman, and what she's done is she has made a show, a make believe show, called sixty somethings. She uses a filter to have a different face for each of her characters, and she writes the whole thing and it's absolutely hysterical. And so I'm going to interview her about Okay, all right, I'm going to be interviewing boy George. I have an episode about the Brett farre scandal on that's going to be doc on Netflix.
Speaker 1: When's that coming out on Netflix? You know, May twentieth? Okay, well you do know.
Speaker 2: That'll be my Tuesday episode. So what is ever that? The whatever? That is eighteenth or something?
Speaker 1: And Mississippi's not finest.
Speaker 2: That's a doozy of a story. Wowser's I have a story I'm chasing about a person that pretended to be a soccer star, like I don't know, a true true crime one. Coming up to Kate, you just said something. Oh did you?
Speaker 3: I know?
Speaker 1: I'm sure you did, and I'm sure you interviewed the director, sweet Bobby.
Speaker 2: No, I never did.
Speaker 1: Okay, So did you listen to the podcast or watch the documentary?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Okay, since you haven't into the podcast, I would like for you to watch the documentary. Okay, we Amy and I covered it last week. It's a few months old, the documentary, but it's you know, it's a cat fishing story and you're in any of these catfishing stories or you're just you're again, you're so infuriated. You're like, why didn't you have one person in your life to be like this makes zero sense? And you're not trying to say to your friend are you stupid? Like I don't get it because I understand catfishing happens and whatever it happens for whatever. People are lonely, they're vulnerable, whatever, But you don't have one person in your life that you trust because people were saying, hey, I don't think this is right, and she's just like you just don't understand our love. But you're just like, don't you have one person that you trust that could look at you and say, hey, you trust me? Let me just tell you that something here smells bad. It's only like an hour and twenty minutes.
Speaker 2: Okay, watch that. I just remembered tonight, A have to watch a screen or four The Highland All murders.
Speaker 1: Oh, back in the day when people were like tapering with the talent all was that in the eighties.
Speaker 2: I'm going to go with nineties. But I think we're wrong. I go watch.
Speaker 1: But I remember when they I remember in my lifetime when they started putting the seal on top of the mensis because before that you would just open it up and take your baby, baby, your baby aspirin. That's right, no safety seals at all.
Speaker 2: No, So I'm interviewing the director of that. Oh wow, yeah, that's interesting. Okay, you guys came. Yes, you guys have to listen to the episode I just did on Saturday with Steve Carter because he was adopted. I listened to the orphanage when he was four out of Hawaii, and when he was five, he went onto a missing kid's website and he looked at an age progression photo and realized that he was a missing child.
Speaker 3: I listened to that gate.
Speaker 2: That's a crazy story too.
Speaker 1: Sometimes your Saturday series are too sad for me to listen to. Yeah, but that one was interesting, and it sounds like the one you have coming up will be funny.
Speaker 2: Yeah. No, you go to her Instagram and TikTok Mackenzie m A c K E n z I E. Barman. This series makes me laugh so hard, as she's such such she must be in her twenties. She nails. She nails all of these characters. They're so there's a whole drama because they went to the high school reunion and this couple was married, and like she's miserable, but she's in love with this guy and he's been born to the diner every night at six o'clock waiting for her and her daughter found a letter that was in the drawer and it's like hilarious and so well done.
Speaker 1: That's hilarious. Okay, well I'll go okay, because you know it's the last A B A R what.
Speaker 2: B A R m An, I'll tell you one last thing. I am going to start a thing where once I'm going to start with once a month, I'm gonna do a scripted episode where I'm going to inter somebody, interview somebody in the script word.
Speaker 3: Ooh, what's who's your first person going to be?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I'm the booking I'm working on right now, but I yeah, I really would love to be like the person you go to about like TV. Well, you are the person we go to about TV.
Speaker 3: What do you mean? What do you mean?
Speaker 2: Just bigger, bigger and better. I would love to produce things because I feel like people people come to me with like really interesting life stories and I would love to be the person that can help them get their stories out into dock and series.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well I think you would be greaty that too.
Speaker 2: So if someone's listening and they have a story for that Saturday series episode, please reach out to me, like you found out you were adopted, you knew someone who committed a crime, or whatever it is. And then check out my what to watch list Keksey dot substack dot com to get that weekly email of what to watch and then I've got six episodes a week of my podcast. And check out my social media. I'm on Instagram, at at kkcca and TikTok it's k KC and I'm around.
Speaker 1: That's where you find are guys. And the most watch list is you got to get it in your email. You got to get it in your I got it at least once a week. I just search Kate Casey in my email and pull that up when I'm looking for something to either cover on my show that I need to cover if I'm.
Speaker 2: Doing that's the love thing. The thing I love is get hearing from the podcasters that are like Oh, I'm totally using this to like work out my I love it when people tell me, yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're covering a deadly American marriage to this weekend.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, you need to watch that one.
Speaker 3: Yeyeah, I'm gonna watch it tonight because I got to take notes.
Speaker 1: Oh you think everybody followed Kate Casey at Kateksey c A and listen to her podcast and then substruct to her substack kksey dot substack dot com.
Speaker 2: Please follow me at p Shad Pod. Okay, bye, thank