Speaker 1: I'll never get over that experience. Ever. I still think about it all the time, especially when I'm just sitting there thinking about deep things, you know, like if I'm you know, sitting there thinking about like the universe. You know, usually at nighttime, I'm outside looking at the stars because I'm really into that, like you know, astronomy stuff like that, really into that. But I start thinking about those things, and then I always land back on that experience, did foot because it was it was not something I actually believed in by any means. Like I honestly thought all the people that I was with at that time were fucking crazy. I really did until I had an encounter, and that was, you know, mind blowing, mind blowing. I couldn't believe that those things actually existed.
Speaker 2: I don't just take us through it and you know, walk us through everything of what happened.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've told people about it, you know, I mean, and I'll tell you it's just terrifying. It's when you first see one. Yeah, I don't know about other people, but like, come from my background where you know, I grew up in the city. I didn't grow up in the country, and I didn't grow up around fishing and hunting and not. So I'm city guy, you know, and so you know, I went camping as a kid things like that, you know. I mean I was a little familiar with the outdoors, but not like you know, somebody that grew up in the country, you know, and they might hear things or they hear stories about stuff, you know, and they just kind of, I guess accept those things. That wasn't me. I was, you know, so whenever I had that encounter, it terrified me. It terrified me on so many different levels, you know. But the actual encounter itself, well, let me back up a little bit. My friend, I've noticed it's high school. It was really into cryptozoology and Bigfoot and all those different things, those legends you know that we're those ones, the Moffman and the Jersey Devil and things like that. So he was really into that stuff. I didn't really think it was you know, I don't know, I didn't know he took it that seriously, you know, where he was actually going up with groups of people and going around looking for the thing, you know, looking for Bigfoot. And so I remember he asked me to go with him on this one outing, and I honestly thought it was going to be more like this camping and people just talking about it and about Bigfoot and maybe venture to the woods around the campsite. You know, I really didn't think it was going to be, you know, that big of a deal. So to me, it was like, oh, cool, I get to you know, go out of town for the weekend and be out, be out in the woods, you know, be lake. You know. So that was my understanding kind of until we got there and uh, there was all these people from all around the country, around the United States, you know, from different states, things like that, and it was kind of interesting, you know to listen to them talk about these big foots and what I'd gathered was because before that, like I said, didn't know anything about it. You know, I didn't know there was more than one. I didn't know that they were like a species of of what do you call them? Homine or the ominants? What do you call it?
Speaker 2: I mean, that's for debate, it's you know, whatever anybody wants to think they are at this point.
Speaker 1: And you know, I mean just by my language there, you know, I still don't know a whole lot about them. You know, I didn't really delve into it, you know.
Speaker 2: But you were you were coming into this as a complete non believer, total skeptic, yeap, and just bigfoot is just you know, this myth or this legend or whatever. You're going on this camp out, and now you've met up with this group of people who apparently take it pretty serious and they're just talking matter of factly as these things are real, they exist. What was that like for you hearing them talk about it from that aspect? Did you just think that they were like all liars are and crazy?
Speaker 1: Like what were you thinking? Well, I don't I would not go that far to say I think they were liars, because the things they were saying, there was patterns to what they were saying, you know, when they would talk about their first encounters and things like that, you know, which is kind of outside the norm, you know what I mean. Like I'm from the streets, man, I get spot a liar from a million miles away, you know what I mean. And these people didn't really seem like that. To me. It was a little alienating because it was like, I don't have anything in common with these folks. I have nothing in common other than we have a mutual friend, you know, and Uh. I mean, these are the type of people that like carry like the shotguns in the back of the window of their trucks, you know what I mean, Like they're used to being out in the woods and like being around some stuff, you know. And uh, I just wasn't that type of guy, you know, And so it was a little alienating. I kept my mouth shut mostly and listened. And so just listening to them, you know, talk, I started thinking, well, these people are I think they're crazy. I hate to say that too, you know, but like, yeah, it's kind of thought they're crazy, and maybe they just thought they saw something, you know, and because I think that your mind could play tricks on you, you know. But but then again, just listening to them, like like I said, they just seemed too consistent with their stories, and so maybe there was something to it, you know. Yeah, And so we went to that outing and there I did have an experience during that outing. It was in Sulfur, Oklahoma. And the experience we had, you know, I didn't see a big foot, didn't you know. I didn't really think that what really was a big foot. They kept talking about the smell. It it's here, it's here, It's not far away from us, you smell that stench. And I did smell a stench. It was really kind of crazy because we weren't really that far away from water, but we were far enough to where it would be I have a trek to get there, you know. Yeah, And like the stench just came out of nowhere. And then I started thinking, I'm like, man, those are probably bores or something, you know, like they know. I couldn't imagine a boor smells great.
Speaker 2: Did it smell like anything that you had smelled before?
Speaker 1: No, not really. I mean I wouldn't say garbage, like from a garbage truck, you know, I wouldn't say that. It's it's kind of hard to describe honestly, like the stench, but it's stank. Oh yeah, it stank bad like it was. It was wretched. It was. It was incredibly wretched. But what's what I thought was so strange about it was before that stench showed up, or you know, there was no stench, and so it was very strong. It was a very very foul, very strong smell, and I just kept thinking, Man, that's probably bores or something. But then I thought in retrospect, I was like, no, we would have heard boors would wrestle around, you know, yeah, because I've heard bores before I out in the wilderness and stuff, and they're loud, you know, there was it wasn't loud out there, like it was very quiet. But yeah, the fitch came out upon us, you know, pretty heavy. And Uh. Another thing I thought was really strange was we were standing by this guy named Dan. Dan had this truck. I think it was like a Toyota Tacoma truck. It was either gray or it was white. And I'm just picturing it in my head and I remember it's all standing right there and we're all talking. We're talking kind of low, you know, and uh and uh, all of a sudden, rocks got thrown at his truck. But the thing that's crazy is everybody that was at the at the main camp that went with us out there was there with us, and we could see all of them and we were all standing side by side because the road that we were on there was like this road and in the woods, and the woods was kind of close to that road. It was like kind of just like a I don't even know how I described that road. It was. It was just like a dirt road, but he just like pulled up on it and like maybe I don't know, maybe fifteen feet away is when the woods started. And so that was really strange. Were and all of us were like whoa, whoa, And I think Dan had just got that truck or something, and it was all like, don't care about my truck, you know, I'm like, you know, cause it was like, you know, it was like pebbles. It wasn't like big rocks or nothing, but it was like a handful of pebbles. But there was nobody out there in the in those woods that would have done that. You know, I can't imagine it being a person and having that foul of the smell, because man, I mean, if it was just a regular person like by they need to take a shower, they grew up pretty hard, you.
Speaker 2: Know, just out in the wood and throwing pebbles at people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, pretty much. But you know, even that didn't convince me all the way because I thought, well, who knows what, you know, maybe it's somebody playing tricks. Maybe it's the locals and they know, you know, but they didn't know we were down there and where we were at. It's like the spillway is what we called it. There's only like one parking lot, you know, so you know who's there, and it's so dark out there that you can see people coming before they get there, right, So, like we were alone and there's no lights out there, I mean absolutely no lights. It's completely pitch black dark. And so anybody, if there was somebody out there, I mean just to you know, talk about that the other side you know of skepticism here, If there was anybody, they would have to trek through those woods for miles and miles because it's very remote out there, like once you get past that still that spill way. My understanding was it's pretty remote out there. So I don't see anybody doing that on a Saturday night. I mean not in the little town of Sulfur. I would think the good people of Sulfur are either shutting down for the night and the rowity ones that are probably out getting drunk, you know, or something. You know, But I couldn't imagine. I wouldn't waste my time doing that, you know, So it would have to be I guess what I'm trying to say is it would have to be. It would have had to have been very coordinated for someone to pull off a hoax like that, and so I just I really didn't know much about it, and I thought, I don't know, I didn't see nothing. I did see a figure and you know, nothing like that. But the rock throwing in the in the stench was would be evidence, you know, like that's still skeptical. Don't really know much about it, right, easy to check off, you know. That was the first experience I had. The next one, my buddy was like, hey, you know, I was probably a few months later and he was like, hey, you want to go down to Texas with me. There's a bigfoot conference, you know, and blah blah blah. I'm like, same thing. I was like, well, that wasn't bad last time, and this is a big conference, so I'm sure there's just you know, it's like a big foot festival. Like, well, that'd be cool. You know, hey, let's get out of town, you know, I mean, anything to get outtown. I was a young guy that backed in, so any excuse you could get to leave would be cool, you know. So we made our trip down to Jefferson, Texas. I'll tell you that I met all these people at the first outing that I went to that were all pretty cool. They were all pretty cool people from different parts of you know, the United States. Now you're at a big conference where there's you know, hundreds of people, which I didn't know. Like that was eye opening myself. I didn't know there was like it had this big of a following, you know.
Speaker 2: So there was a lot of people there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there was. I mean restaurants are full, hotels were full, you know in this little small town. I mean it was a it was a big gathering, you know, it's a big place and lots of people. Then there was people like authors of books and stuff you know, I learned about while I was there that went home and looked up on the internet because back then we didn't have smartphones, you know, and I didn't have a laptop, and I don't even think most places had Wi Fi. You know, maybe they did, but but yeah, I met this guy named M. K. Davis. He had he put on a a lecture about the Patterson film. And I'd seen that before. I've seen the Patterson film, you know before, just on like documentaries or whatever, like just flipping through the channels at night. You know, I didn't really stop to listen to much of it, but that was to me, I was recognizable because that was like the most famous you know, video of or a.
Speaker 2: Film of big but you know, yeah something familiar.
Speaker 1: Roger Patterson is like a Roger Patterson, right, yeah. Yeah. So MK Davis was doing a lecture about the photo and he had taken this photo. It was really cool. He made it like life size and it was like, wow, if that thing, you know, they guessed about how tall it was and and everything, and he made it on this big I don't want to say cardboard, but it was some kind of thing. It was tall, and I was like, holy shit, if that's like life size, that's a big thing. Man, It's a big animal or whatever it is, you know. I mean, so that was pretty cool. I mean, just touching on that, Like, I really enjoyed his lecture about that. So as i'm you know, there's a conference, I'm learning a little bit more about these big foots. There's another guy there that was really cool. He did a lecture. He's the famous guy Dick And I can't think of his name, forgive me, I'm old. I'm trying to think of the guy's name. Coleman, Lauren Coleman that's Lauren Coleman. And I didn't know that he was like a big deal in the Bigfoot world, you know. And I didn't know that he was like consultant on the movies and written all these books and stuff like. We listened to his lecture. That was the convention. That's what I remember from the actual convention part of it. But you know, the group that we were with, it was the same group that we were with in Sulfur or Davis, I guess Davis and Sulfur, that's the two towns I was by there. But anyway, we were with the same group. And then there was a few others that came through that was part of that same group, but they had just not made it to that outing and whatnot. So this guy named Bear, which bears a cool dude. I love. Barry was a good dude. I haven't seen him in many, many moons, but you know, that dude really knew his thing stuff on Bigfoot. He could tell you all kinds of stuff, you know. There was this woman named Kelly that was there that had met previously, I believe, and she was very enthusiastic about Bigfoot. I mean, a host of people, you know, I just remember and her bear had brought this a friend of his with him named Sammy. Sammy was a cool dude. I think those guys were from Mississippi. I think Alabama. I can't Alabama or Mississippi, but they just knew a lot about Bigfoot. So I'm listening to all this stuff trying to absorb it, but I'm still not like really convinced, you know. I mean, it was a good time. It was neat to listen to all these people's stories, you know, but like, still I'm not convinced, you know. I'm still like, I'm here to support my friend. You know. My friend is a he's a writer, you know, so I thought this stuff was just really about his interest in all this was just about writing a book or something, you know, or that's really what I kind of thought it was about. But when we got to Jefferson, we got there early, and so we were out scouting areas to go to go research. That was what the majority of our day was centered around, you know. And we went and looked at some of these spots during the day, and you know, everybody thought they were there was activity there, you know, just based on some of the signs that you can you can kind of pick out, you know, And I don't know if this is really what maybe if there's new research, because I don't keep up with the Bigfoot world, right so I don't know if there's any new clues to what activity would be. But what I remember picking up from everybody talking about it was wind formations, signs of that, you know. I remember some of them going out just around the woods a little bit just to see if there was any like hair on trees and stuff that heard that. That's a big clue that you know, if you see hair on trees, that could be a sign. You know, it's not definitive, meaning yes, they were here, but it's a good sign that there may be some activity here. So that's what we were doing during the day, and everybody that was in our group we all stayed together the entire time. I mean, we all had the same campground, you know, all of our kents were around each other, so no one was ever split up. We were never split up as a group. You know. I picked up on that while I was there. I believe that that's the key detail in my story because I was watching, I was observing that because I'm like well, what if they find one of these bigfoots? You know, in my mind, I'm thinking, what if they find one of these and then you know, they're like oh and they're like, oh my god, it's bigfoot. See. But yet, if we were all broken up as a group, who's to say one of them didn't go off to you know, plan this with somebody else, so to hoax the whole thing.
Speaker 2: So you're looking for like shenanigans.
Speaker 1: Right right, So I'm watching everybody the whole time, you know, I'm keeping eye contact on them and stuff, you know. So but yeah, anyway, so we go and do you know, the the stuff at the convention. You know, we do scouting whatnot, so we know where we're gonna where we're going to research. And another thing, it was kind of funny about the the actual place was there was I want to say there was like federal signs up, but I think it was more like you know, ranger type stuff, you know, like it wasn't like a national park that we were at by any means. It was just like I can't even really describe honestly exactly whose property that was, but I don't believe it was. It belonged to any you know, one individual I believe probably belonged to the state, so it may have been state property.
Speaker 2: But there was like government public access signs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then there were some signs that we saw, but the signs weren't very posted, you know, like they weren't like posted very how can I say it, Like they weren't They weren't posted where you could just see them, you know what I mean, Like you had to kind of go back a little ways to see these signs. And you know, there was one gate that I did see a sign on. I don't know what the sign said, but you know, it was it was some kind of government entity that owned the place, you know. And I'm not saying that there was like a facility, you know, like a government facility there or anything like that, just you know, it may have just been stuff where it's like, oh, we got put these signs up, you know, for liability purposes or whatever. But it was a pretty cool like little place that we were at, you know, and everybody thought it was a good place to research bigfoot. So but anyway, sorry, that's the parents started thinking about it a little bit and it just kind of I don't know, but it's take it takes me back to that night. You know, I can still see it. It's then I think we went to that place. I think it was two thousand and two. I was in my twenties. I was in my mid twenties. So yeah, it's still fresh in my head, you know, like my actual encountered what I saw on everything. So and I'll say it's still in retrospect, it's still kind of terrifying. I'm not gonna lie, you know, like and the it's still kind of terrifying. So we do all that stuff, we go back to camp. You know, it's getting dark, it's getting late, and so everybody's ready they want to go research this area we found. We take two car loads and you know, we're like in suburban trucks, you know, and I think one of them is suburban and the other I think it was my buddies. Uh yeah, explore at the time, a Ford explorer. So you know, we're all fitting everybody in, right. So like there's two different pathways as you could go, Like, well, when you get into this place, you're driving for a good distance in, you know, and so you're going kind of deep into the woods, you know, from the from the highway, you know, so it takes a few minutes to get deep in there, you know. And then when we get down there, there's like, you know, there's one road it just goes all the way back and it stops. And then there was a if you take a there's a road to the right, so you could take a right and go around, and then it had the same type of road and it just stopped too, so you couldn't circle around or anything like that. You had to like back up, you know and go. So it was like kind of like a I guess, like kind of a y shape, you know. But there was like as far as like being able to see and stuff the other side, so like if you're in one side, there's trees all around blocking so you couldn't see the other side of this road where, you know, the other group went. So like we broke up into two groups, so our vehicles went one way and then another. The other part of our group went to the other side to research. And so we're doing all the like normal stuff. Everybody's got like spotlights. I think we had a oh god, what's that thing? A bionic ear with the microphone and like the little dish and then a recorder, and so that's I guess the record sounds and stuff. And so we're out there. We're not really seeing nothing, you know, and so we're all just kind of walking around, and it's just like in my head thinking, I'm like, man, we even just to be out here. I don't think we're supposed to be out there. So nothing's happening, and it's like a long time, you know, and we're out there for quite a while, probably a few hours, I would say. So in that first hour, nothing's really happening, you know, and I'm just sitting there bumbling around, you know, because like I still feel a little alienated. I don't know all these people very well. You know. I don't really know a lot about Bigfoot, nor do I didn't really care at that point, honestly. I mean I was listening, because I do listen whenever people talk just truth being done. I just didn't really care, you know. I was just kind of there for the ride, you know, And so I remember, I'm like, man, nobody's seeing nothing, Like this ship must not be real, you know. And I didn't smell any stintch or anything. This time. The rocks are getting thrown. Nothing's happening, you know. So I remember this guy last outing or that first outing, and I went to in a sulfur. He had said, if you want to see a bigfoot, he goes, most people when they're looking for bigfoot, they're looking up at eye level. He said, No, that's not how you do it. He said, you want to see one point your point your spotlight low to the ground, like where the tree trunk would begin from the ground. He goes, That's where you're going to see eye shine. That's where you're going to see you know, you know, a critter moving around or something you're going to see. That's you know, they're going to be on the ground. Because to them, they believed that like Bigfoot is the stealth entity. I guess, I don't know, it's not human, it's not an that's what they believe, right. So I'm like sitting there or I'm standing there, and I'm just like, this is bullshit. And so for the life of me, I was just like, remember what that dude said. And so I was like, let's just put it to this desk. Let's just see. I bet I'm not gonna see shit. So I take my little spotlight and I start pointing it towards the ground like that. Dude said, you know, nothing's happening. I'm not seeing shit. And then all of a sudden, I point it in another direction and then I see something. I see some eye shine. But even then, I still wasn't like convinced, you know, I wasn't convinced at all. I was just like, man, that's like a squirrel or a fox or or some kind of critter out there. You know. It's not bigfoot, you know. And then when I held the eye, when I held the the the spotlight on it, that's when it just sit there. And then it moved very quickly. I being like so fast, and I was like, holy, what is that? What moves that quickly? You know. I had said something to everybody. I said, hey, I've got eyeshine over here, and it just moved, and so I move with it, and I look and I see again, and it's right there by the tree trunks, you know, right there at the beginning on the ground, you know, But this time it's on the other side of the of the tree, you know, on another tree over so.
Speaker 2: It's moved to a different tree right right, It's moved to a different tree.
Speaker 1: So I'm sitting there looking at so everybody's crowding around me, and uh, I'm like, look, I got something. I don't know what it is. And then all of a sudden, it's just sitting there, you know, and it's not moving, and I'm like, it must be looking at us for some reason, you know, just trying to check out who we are or what's going on, you know. And then the eyes closed. It didn't move left or right, they just closed, just like the eyes just went away, you know. And so I'm like, well, hell, this is a big foot. Let's look up. And so I pointed my spotlight up and I kind of overshot it at first because I saw something. And then I went back to it and that's when I saw it, and I was like, holy shit, what the fuck is that? And I saw the eyeshine At this point, my spotlight is kind of like bleaching it out sort of. And then I saw it moved and throw its arm around the tree and like kind of gripped the tree, and I was like, holy shit. And it was like a big, tall, hairy dude is what it looked like, not like hairy, like you know, like a hairy, burly guy, but like it was covered in hair. And the only thing I could see that looked like skin was the forehead and then the cheeks and that was it. Everything else it was just hair. And like the hair he swayed, and when it moved that arm, the hair swayed at the bottom like it was like it had some kind of like I don't know, I remember those jackets back in the eighties, you know, with.
Speaker 2: Like the fringe.
Speaker 1: The fringe, that's what That's what I was gonna say. That's what I made me think of. But it was like hair because it just kind of whisped, you know, And I was like, holy shit, man, and I didn't know what to think. I didn't I got scared. I got really scared, and I threw the spotlight up and up in the air behind me, and my buddy is behind me, and he's a you know, he's a big guy, and earned Bear and Sammy were back there behind him. So we're all just kind of like together in this little punched group, you know. And when I did that, I threw that spotlight up and so I'm surrounded by all these big dudes and I busted out and it was like I went and just made a hole right through all of them and ran to the truck. I ran to the to the exploor. And when I'm sitting there yelling, I'm screaming, I'm like, holy shit, what the fuck is I didn't know what was going on? And whenever I did, I went to the door, the truck was locked. And so I'm sitting there just I'm about to like snatch the window with my hand. You know, That's how much I wanted inside that truck. So you're freaking out, definitely, Yeah, one hundred and ten percent freaking the out, And like, you know, because I never seen anything like that before, you know, and like it's all going through my head, like you know, all at the same time, it's like, you know, you don't believe in this stuff. You know, you've heard it. It's a myth, it's a legend. You know. How much weight you want to give that stuff is? I guess up to the person. But for me, before that, before I saw it, I did not believe in it whatsoever. I just thought it was people just too much time on our hands, you know, And didn't you know, I don't know, I tell you, terrified me and So after that, my buddy like unlocked the door with Keith, Bob you and it comes over, you know, and I get in that motherfucker and I'm like close the door, I'm locking the shit. And I'm still sitting there thinking like what the fuck are they doing? They're all out there, They're still looking to get in the cars. Let's go, let's just get out of here, you know, like like, because I thought that was like we were at death con like one, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Do you think the thing was like going to attack you?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I thought, like, you know, something like that. It was big it if I was to guests, and I've told people this over the years, it made me think of Chebacca from Star Wars. That's the closest I could relate to what it looked like to me. You know, it was lanky. It wasn't like muscular and like you know, whole Colgan and shit, you know what I mean. It wasn't like that, you know, it was it was very thin, you know. And but Harry and uh, the closest I could describe it. Yeah, Chebacca from Star Wars. Yeah, that's that was what happens. And n'or like I don't know. I felt like a fool honestly after the fact, because you know, everybody else is like, you know, wanted to like catch some glimpses of it and study it and see what it's doing and all that stuff. Me I thought, I was like, you know, in my head, it's like that's a threat. Never seen anything like that before, don't know what it's going to do, don't know what it's capable of. Let's get the fuck out of here. You know. Because I stayed in the car the whole time after that, I want I understand there was more activity out there, Like all of a sudden, it's like there's eye shine and they're popping up all of it. So there was like more than one, you know. So if I goes to guests, maybe that one was just scouting everything out and then maybe made some noise to call the others. But they never like obviously came out to the road. But if I was the guests, just based on what I remember, there was at least ten of them out there, I would probably assume if I remember right, you know, like I said, I wasn't. I stayed in the car the whole time after that, But there was at least ten I think or close to ten out there, and they were surrounded, basically surrounding us. They went through the other parts of the woods that were where that road was at and pretty much formed formation around us, and so we were surrounded by them the whole time. I'm just like, this is this is nuts. I can't believe it. It was like mind blowing, you know, and uh, yeah it was. It was crazy. It was like it was just you know, And so you know, for me, I'm not I don't want to see that motherfucker again. I don't want to go out there to see that. All these researchers and stuff have at it. Man, I could just tell you from my own experience, this ship is real, like bigfoot is real. At this point, I think big footage just like a catch all name for it. I've seen it from castings we've seen and stuff, you know. But but yeah, I mean, and who knows. Maybe that one was just a juvenile. Maybe that's why he was so thin. But he was tall. He was tall if I was the guests. And then this is another thing. It's so weird because yeah, I hear stories I've heard, you know, because once in a while I'll look at this stuff online, you know, because it's so popular now, you know, and people will say, oh, it's ten foot tall. You know, it was twelve foot tall. It was this wasn't that tall? Like if I was to yeah, I mean it's it was tall, don't hear wrong? But like I'm a sure dude. So, like I'm only five foot six, right, so I'm a sure dude. If I was the guest, just based on what I saw, it was over six foot, I wouldn't say like eight foot. I mean maybe if I was wrong just from like judgment on distance, but it wasn't like like how I don't know how tall shack because it was probably about a tall shack.
Speaker 2: I would think whenever you saw it in your mind, you would relate it to just a really tall person and not like a giant.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't say giant. But I've met tall people before, Like I met this guy, like you're about ten years ago. He was six foot nine and you know, obviously, you know, you see tall people on the internet, the World's Tall Guy, you know, things like that. But when you stand in front of somebody that's like abnormally tall, it's very noticeable. And you feel very small, you know, even guys that are like six foot, you know, because to be six foot's tall, you know, that's a tall guy. They would look small compared to this thing. So yeah, maybe seven foot tall maybe, I mean, I'll at least not over eight not over eight foot, you know, I don't know, man, I just it was something that was just like I said, it's never left my mind. I think about it sometimes quite probably more than if I should, you know, but I still to this day cannot believe that those things are real. It's like you grow up and you don't you hear stuff about that, you know, like it's always been like a legend, and like, you know, it's just a kind of a fun thing. Is the way I always looked at it, like, ah, my fit's the biggest bigfoot you know, or you know, people nicknamed it, just stuff like that, and so, but you never really take it seriously. And then whenever I saw that, you know, I'm not saying it, you know, I mean I believe it, you know, I believe it. In that After that, it pretty much changed my life as far as what you believe, you know, like things are not always what they see, you know, what I mean. Yeah, people could say this and this and that, you know, but till you encounter something that you can't explain that this is not supposed to be real, then you know it can talk to me about it.
Speaker 2: So if you've followed the show over the years, you may have heard this story before. You might have heard me talk about this story before. I am the crazy friend that he was with. This is my best friend Rod, like he said, we went to high school together, been friends ever since. And yeah, I dragged him along with me back in the early research days. You know, not only did I just want someone with you know, someone that I knew and trusted, because I was still kind of new to this and like meeting people and getting to know them for the first time. Obviously, I wanted somebody to ride to these locations with me and hang out with me. You know, it's a long trip. But yeah, but you know, I was kind of living this double life, you know, like he said, he didn't really know what was going on. He just kind of heard things here and there that I'm like into Bigfoot or whatever, and I wanted to kind of overlap those two worlds, you know, my my personal real world. And then my Bigfoot world. I was not by any means expecting this to happen, which is still just freaking crazy.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: That yeah, the first incident that you talked about with the rock throwing and all that in Sulfur, that was actually whenever I had my first sighting. And I don't even think we talked about it. I think you were aware of it, but I don't think you believed me.
Speaker 1: No, No, I didn't. I didn't believe you.
Speaker 2: Well, that's fine, I was telling the truth. Well I realized that now, yeah, now, and then you know, yeah, and then like a couple months later, we go to Texas and lo and behold, the craziest Bigfoot event I ever experienced took place. You know, if it had been properly documented on video like we should have been doing. I mean, this was like a historic Bigfoot event. In my eyes, this this was like a major deal because you saw it, but then the rest of us saw it too. We saw glimpses of it, at least we think it was the same one. And then, like you said, the rest of that night, we were surrounded by them, by multiples of them, and they were making vocalizations. The way I put it, they were acting really strange. They weren't acting normal to me. I don't know why. I don't understand why the one didn't just leave the area whenever we got there. I don't know why they never left the area, but it's like they stood their ground. And I think we might have been fortunate that we had a large group of people with us. I think if it had just been like the two of us down there, I don't know, man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I think Dan Vicky were on the other side with Kelly and the who's the other lady, Crystal. Crystal was over there with them.
Speaker 2: Whenever I got into the Explorer and went to start it, that va whenever I would start it, whenever i'd turned the ignition, it would automatically lock the doors, and Bear and Sammy were still outside the Explorer trying to get in and started slapping the door handles and stuff.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that's what I was doing. I'm trying. I'm just trying to I'm like, come on, open the damp thing. Sammy I think was trying to he had a gun. I think he was trying to get his gun. Yeah, you know, because that was the whole encounter. Was alarmed him enough that he was about to pull out. He was trying to get a gun, you know.
Speaker 2: Because the thing didn't leave, it didn't retreat. Like that's what was so crazy.
Speaker 1: You know what Else what was crazy Now I'm thinking about it, they were probably they were a far away from us, you know, like distance wise, because I didn't smell that stinch, you know, And so just thinking, I'm like, you know, thinking back on soulfur when we you know, we smell that stinch. It was so that thing in Sulfur must have been very close to us. Yeah, just within a few feet, because if you could smell them that yeah, because like I said, it was wretched. It was wretched when it smelled like but those ones in Texas were further away. I don't know how far away I would say, but they were I guess not half of a football filled the way, but close to it, maybe forty forty yards maybe maybe a little closer. But like you know, I didn't, I didn't smell anything, you know, but it was it was a good distance away, you know. But so now thinking about it, it's like, man, those ones at Sulfur, or that one, or if there was more than one, they must have been very close to us, like and that's kind of freaky now I think about it, you know, like, like man, and that scared the daylights out of me. In Texas, had I seen one that close and sulfur, I don't know, I may have passed out. I would have probably passed out.
Speaker 2: I don't know the one down in Texas. We're you know, we've talked about it over the years. I'm not even sure that there was just one there whenever you saw it. There might have been more than one there already, but you were talking about hitting it with the spotlight, and the the beam of the spotlight is so bright it kind of like bleached out the colors. So yeah, to me, it would have had to have been kind of close. I mean, that was like a million power, million candlepower spotlight.
Speaker 1: That we had.
Speaker 2: And then during the whole event, after everybody's kind of calmed down, we got back in the car and got it started and everything and kind of regained our composure. You were still freaking out quite a bit. Yeah, I was shivery. Yeah, sh I'm pretty certain you were going into shock. Yeah, it was bad. And we contacted the other group and told them, hey, get down here. We didn't just haul ass and then we got back out.
Speaker 1: Of the vehicle.
Speaker 2: You stayed in the vehicle, but after we got back out, that's whenever. I All I can say is I saw what looked like something running through the woods, and in the space between the trees where I could see it, I saw what appeared to be the upper hip area, the rib cage, and like kind of part of a bent arm and the beginnings of a shoulder as it just ran through a gap basically, and it looked kind of skinny, like you're saying. I could see the ribs, and it was the color of the dead pine needles. There was dead pine trees, pine needles all over the floor out there. Yeah, And then the other guys got a glimpse of it. At one point it was running through the woods kind of away from us, but going towards the road. And I had heard noises on the opposite side of the road. And I'm talking about the road that we came in on, not the one that wis off. And I pointed my spotlight down there because I wanted to see it cross the road. I thought it was going to cross the road and circle back, and I saw its eyeshine and its silhouette way on down the road, kind of like peeking out of the brush or whatever. And I watched the eyeshine change color as it turned away from me. It started out like an amber color and went almost like green and till color. And then the other group got down there, you know, some of the ladies piled in the car and was talking to you, trying to get you to calm down and everything, and we ended up staying there for a while. And I mean there was just all kinds of stuff, whistling, lots of whistling, lots of things running through the woods, limb brakes. There was a patch of underbrush kind of right next to where I was parked, and in this underbrush you would see something peeking up, like kind of standing up, and you would turn and point your spotlight towards it, and it would duck right back down like before you could get your spotlight on it. And that went on for at least an hour. It was crazy, and then eventually everything just seemed to kind of quiet down and dissipate, and it seemed like they had left the area whatever it was. But like you said, based on the sounds, we were all hearing from different directions and the things, you know, the little glimpses of people would get here and there. I mean, I guess there's at least seven to ten of them out there. And I know that sounds absolutely crazy to people that are listening to this, But you weren't there, man, I'm telling you. Maybe it was just one or two individuals running around like crazy, but it seemed like a group of them had surrounded us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that was That was scary, dude, Still scary to this day. It is still scares me. Now.
Speaker 2: Do you remember the next day whenever we went back during the day.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, that was that was crazy too, because I remember what it looked like before we saw the Bigfoot, and then what it looked like after. I mean, it was like literally destroyed. They had marked their territory out there the next day, like and even like coming in like when when you're going towards it, you know, further up the road, they had marked their territory. They didn't even put like, you know, branches, big branches, and I think one of them had pushed a tree over, like it's not like a big thick tree, but like you know, one of the smaller ones, like because it was laying out there, not completely in the road, you know, but it was partly in the road.
Speaker 2: On our initial way into the area, we had driven by this place and seen the gate he talked about and the road going back there and everything, and had kind of made a mental note of it, you know, like, oh, that might be good back off and there we should go look at it. And then, like you were saying, you know, we went and scouted areas while it was still daylight, so we had gone back in there during the day and seeing everything, and then we went back there that night and it all looked the same except dark. We had all that crazy activity you had, your sighting and everything. Yeah, and then we went back to camp. And then the next morning, which it was late morning, right before noon if I remember correctly, we went back to the location. Now, this location was maybe a ten minute drive from where we were camped. We were camped on the shores of a lake, and it was just kind of around on the other side of the lake. It wasn't a long distance or anything or in a different geographic area. It was right where we were at basically. And that next day, that next morning, whenever we went in there, Like you're saying, everything was just destroyed to hell. It looked like heavy equipment had been in there operating. There was just like saplings ripped out of the ground and just debrithe all over the road where I had been parked, and there was a really tall pine tree where it looked like something I don't even know how to describe it. It looked like the trunk of the tree at the base was torn, not chopped with an axe, but just like torn apart, and it looked like something had tried to push it across the road where I had been parked at. But there's like these big like vines and stuff and all the surrounding trees that had caught the tree to keep it from falling, otherwise it would have fallen. But it looked like something had just like destroyed the area, like had thrown a big fit. And there was like ex formations and tree brakes and just stuff all over the place. And there was no like bad weather that night or wind or anything. We were we were camping in tents, like I said, ten minutes away, So I don't know what else could have done.
Speaker 1: It, right, Yeah, that was very alarming when we went back in there. That was to me, it just it looked destroyed, and it not looked the same the next day, you know, that did previously. So I have to wonder. I'm like, man, I wonder if this Bigfoots had like their own small little community and therein I wonder if people don't go back there that often to look for bigfoot, you know what I mean, or if it's very you know, because it was kind of a remote area, yeah, you know, not so remote that we couldn't get back to civilization quickly, but you know, it didn't look like there was anything. I'll put it this way, there was nothing back there in those woods that would anyone would have any business being back there.
Speaker 2: From what I understood, because I like talk to people later on from the area, was that that was a public access area where they allowed deer hunting during deer season, and because it was early on, right before deer season, those gates were opened for people to go back there and scout the area before hunting season started. But otherwise that first initial gate that you talked about that stays closed year round, closed and locked and they don't allow anybody back there. And then they just opened that gate for deer season, and you would like go off the highway down this service road. You would go down that road and then it would kind of zigzag back off in there for a few miles, and then where he had parked at there was another gate there, but that gate was closed and locked, and two big trees on each side of it looked like they had been intentionally pushed over and I'm going to say an X, but it wasn't like an ex formation. They were just laying in that position, but they were pushed all the way down like they were blocking that gate, where even if you wanted to unlock that gate and drive back there, you couldn't, And there wasn't any road access or anything. But I actually talked to another bigfoot guy, Luke Gross, who lives down in Texas, who said that back in I want to say the eighties, it might have been the nineties, but years before we ever went back there, he was back there deer hunting and had a siding. But he had come in from the other side where there's like another like access road several miles away that you can like park at and then walk in there, and he wasn't at the same exact location, but he was in those same woods deer hunting whenever he's whenever he had his siding. Yeah, and then you know, obviously it kind of became a famous spot because we were at a bigfoot conference and we talked about it the next day, and another group of people went with us out there the next night. Nothing happened, but they saw, you know, how the area was destroyed and everything. But then years after that people have returned to that location and had sightings and encounters at that same spot.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's insane. That's insane. So it's not just using.
Speaker 2: In fact, I had one guy on the podcast who's a pastor who referred to it as Roddy Road named after you. So yeah, it's it's kind of becoming. Yeah, it's kind of become its own leg. I don't know, man, like you, you know, you never got into like the bigfoot research really, but I mean you went with me a few times after that, but we never experienced anything like that ever.
Speaker 1: Again. No, No, I don't think we had the closest to an encounter I had after that. I was just hearing like calls, you know, yeah, that just calls, which d you know, we hear those like in its sulfur, you know. Yeah, and like those are pretty easy to hear, which is great, you know if you want kind of like a the fut light experience, you know, like that's a good experience to have. I mean, you know, it can kind of help prove some stuff to you. Maybe not really, but like you know, I just yeah, I just I don't know, man, I didn't believe in those things, and it made me question a lot of stuff, you know, Like I'll tell you maybe, I mean I don't get into like conspiracy theories and things like that, but it definitely makes me question. You know. I don't just push off things as that's bullshit. That's bullshit too. You know. I'll listen to what everybody, anyone's got to say, you know, what they believe that is not normal, you know, from people nowadays. I think more people have in today's world in twenty twenty six believe things that they didn't believe ten years ago or that they ever thought, you know, but they're more open to it. So I'm more open to that, but I have been since then. You know. But I'll tell you it really blows me away how many people do not I believe you know your story, you know, yeah, because whenever it first happened, you know, like when I was processing it and things like that, I was telling people, I told close friends and family about it, and they just kind of looked at me like, okay, man, sure you did. And some of me made fun of me, you know, and I had to take that as well, you know what, I was the same way. I was the very same way, even though you know, I love you man, you know, we've been friends a long time, and I trust you, but yeah, I didn't believe you either, you know what I mean. And so I understand what that feels like now, and and so I kind of keep quiet about it now. I don't really tell people about it, you know anymore.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's what a lot of people do, right, because how do you expect people listen to you whenever the whole world says something doesn't exist, and you're trying to tell them that it does, right.
Speaker 1: I mean, it really makes the case for you know, I'm not trying to get religious, but Christianity for instance, you know, I mean it kind of makes for me. I believe in God and I believe in Jesus way more than I did before. This happened. You know. I think before this happened, I just kind of accepted it because it was church. You grew up in church, and you just believe it, and like okay, you know, and you're just kind of going blindly at it. But like now, after seeing this, I won't say that, yeah, this made me believe in Jesus, but like it strengthened the case for it, you know, because it's like, wow, well, if this exists, why wouldn't this exist, Why wouldn't other things exist? Why how far fetched would it really be? You know, And so that you give me a new perspective. That's why I say it changed my life, because you know, it gave me new perspectives about things that people don't believe, you know.
Speaker 2: I mean, we live in crazy times, man, you know. Twenty twenty six, this morning, I was looking at pictures of UFOs on a government website.
Speaker 1: Well, I'll tell you people that did believe me. Family, I never knew that they believed in it.
Speaker 2: To who believed you?
Speaker 1: My grandma did, yeah, And it took me a while to tell her because, like, you know, because back then my grandma was like she's old school, you know, and like grew up during the Depression and all that stuff. You know, the you know the stories where it's like, oh, we got a pair of shoes for Christmas, and we didn't get another pair for her until next Christmas.
Speaker 2: You know, that the left one for Christmas and the right one for my birthday.
Speaker 1: Right, And like, I mean, so that's how old school she was, you know, and grew up in the country, you know, like her dad was was a rancher, farmer or something like that. Was one of those bright boats, you know. And uh, she believes me, but she didn't when I said bigfoot, she didn't know what that meant. And then when I started describing what was going on, that's when she locked in and was like, oh, that thing used to follow my dad around. Daddy used to take our leftovers and take him away out there in the woods to keep those things from coming up to the house. Oh wow. I'm like, shit, are you serious? And she would tell tell me stuff like that, and I'm like, wow, that's you know.
Speaker 2: And this was your grandma and you and I are both grandma boys, you know, yeah, pretty much raised by our grandma's And I mean, she's not gonna lie to you.
Speaker 1: No, I would never think Grandma would lie to me about it. I mean, she never said she saw one herself, but like her dad did, and her dad knew about them, and his instinct was to protect his family. The way she kind of made it sound was like since he fed them, and this is all like pre depression. You know, she's a little girl, you know, she was born in nineteen thirteen, so you know, I don't think that he was wasted food on the big foots. Yeah, you know, during the depression. But like I think they followed him because they knew that was an easy food source. And the way they I mean, Grandma came from a big family, so they're cooking for an army. Her mom's cooking for an army every day, you know, like lots of food. And they didn't, you know, really do leftovers because you know, her dad would leave them for the bigfoots, you know. So now if other animals got into that, probably so too, you know. But she said she clearly said it was to keep them from coming up to the house, you know, and stealing their chickens and all that stuff, which you know, from what I've read, that's kind of a common occurrence for for those for those things. You know, people report that all the time, like you know, well it takes my chickens, or check my hog or you know whatever. Maybe he noticed that too. It's like, well, damn, I don't want to lose any chickens, you know, like get back, you know, like let me just fix this up so you guys will leave us alone. You know, I was gonna say.
Speaker 2: Recently, I went out to my uncle's house and he was telling me the story again about my great great grandmother who saw one take one of her hogs out of the pen in front of their cabin.
Speaker 1: And this was.
Speaker 2: Man maybe even late eighteen hundreds, early nineteen hundreds, I'm not sure of the exact time. My great grandmother was born in nineteen eighteen and this was before she was born, so around that timeframe. And you know, my great great grandmother was still alive, as crazy as this will sound, whenever I was born. She passed away whenever I was like around one one and a half. But you know, my uncles and all them were around her a lot, and she would tell them stories and everything. And one of the stories that she told him was about this bigfoot stealing her hog, and that my great great grandfather was out there shooting at it as it walked away. Now, the first time he told me this story, he kind of got me off to the side during Thanksgiving and told me and you know, kept his voice down, looking down the hallway, making sure nobody's coming. But the second time around that he told the story, he told her right there in front of everybody, and everybody was just like standing there like holy crap. So I don't know, man, I tend to believe that the interactions that people had with Bigfoot back in the day, there's we're a lot more numerous than we realize. And I think with people living out in the woods and in the country and everything in rural areas where they're growing and raising their own food supply and everything. Uh yeah, I'm sure there is a lot of that sort of thing going on that we we just don't even realize, and it just you know, didn't get talked about, probably for the same reasons we don't talk about it.
Speaker 1: Now, right, right, you know, nowadays people are more you know, oh, I want to know more about it, and I want to go out there and look for it, and I want to blah blah blah, you know, what I mean. I think those people back then were looking at from a survival standpoint, you know, not just physically to survive that thing. But yeah, like I said, they didn't talk about it because who the hell's going to believe them?
Speaker 2: Well, that's something that actually kind of, I want to say, cracks me up, but you know, it's really not a humor thing. But you do have the bigfoot research world that I was a very active participant in for a long time, where you know, there's all these great debates and oh they're all being scientific and everything, and everybody's going out there and like, oh, well, you know, we need to go out here on this night because the moon's going to be this, and the weather's going to be that, and I'm going to take this equipment with me and document everything. That's all fine and dandy, But at the heart of it, if you go out there and you actually see one that's, for lack of better term, a spiritual event, I mean, it's crazy. It's there's no documenting that science is right out the window.
Speaker 1: Like it.
Speaker 2: It's a life changing, impactful moment that you're going to have if you're fortunate or unfortunate enough to actually have that encounter.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's you know, I don't know if other people are like this, but to me, it was such a mind bender that I often questioned myself after that, you know, like did I really see that? Did I did? It was a figure of my magic? Then I'm like, no, hell no, no, I know what I saw, and those things aren't supposed to be real, you know what I mean, Like, there's not you know, and I don't. I don't know, man, I don't think that. And you know this about me, I'm not big on the research of it all. I think people should leave it alone. I think they should let it be because still I still don't know what it's capable of, you know. I mean I want to stick around to find out. I didn't want to get that close to it. Maybe it won't hurt anybody, but I've heard I've read things online about it, you know, people's encounters, and they say they sound so crazy, because I'm like, okay, so bigfit did this with you? Like, no, you have to think if that thing is a species of animal or mammal or whatever it is, it's got the same instincts that we have, you know, survival, eliminate the threats, get away from a threat, you know, like, who knows, maybe those things were just as afraid of us as we are of them, you know, like or I was of them, Like, you know, it's possible to think that.
Speaker 2: And then if it's not something animal or mammal, if it's something unnatural, and what the hell are you doing? Like you don't you don't know anything about it at that point.
Speaker 1: No, I don't see what the value would be and researching it and let's get a body and let's cut it up and find out. I don't see the value in that. What is that going to do? They don't look human, they have human some human characteristics. The one I saw was bipedal. It stood, it stood up, you know, it had it was on two feet, but on the ground it was on all fours. It had to have been on all fours. So we don't know does it walk around, you know, bipedal or does it walk on all four feet? We don't know that shit. I don't see the value in researching it like to that capacity.
Speaker 2: Obviously we've been over it a thousand times since it happened. And one of the things that we never really mentioned publicly whenever you first saw it, the eye shine was all the way at the ground.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was like a pair of eyes.
Speaker 2: And then you talked about how it just moved extremely fast, that like you didn't even really see it move and it just kind of popped up on the ground by another tree.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, like it was uh when it moved, it was so quick that like the only thing I could think that would move that fast would be like something on four legs. Yeah, right, And so when it popped back up, it was still on the ground and it's just sitting there and I'm shining the light on it, and it's not moving. But all I could see was just that the eyes, you know, I couldn't see anything else. And then all of a sudden, the eyes just disappeared. And that's whenever I just like, well, let's see. And that's when it showed up. And then it moved so quickly, like gripping that tree, like it made that posturing movement, you know, yeah, like it's going to come after you. Like that's what scared the shit out of me, I guess, because you know, I didn't know if that thing was going to advance at me, and you know, just seeing it before knowing it moved that quickly. Could it be up in my face within a few seconds. Who knows, I don't know, you know, And so that I think that's probably what probably really scared me the most of it.
Speaker 2: You know, whenever you describe it, whenever you first saw it that close to the ground. Uh, you know, people talk about spider crawling. It's something that we talked about on the old podcast years ago, and now you hear it pop up every now and then.
Speaker 1: We're these things.
Speaker 2: I mean, spider crawling is kind of a lame term for it, I believe.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean we originally described it as like if you're trying to picture a bipedal thing. We compared it to spider Man. That's where it came from, you know, being down on all fours, but having your body flat almost touching the ground. Not in a upright raised posture, being on all fours, but kind of like a prone position with your arms and legs kind of stretched out, holding yourself up. And apparently people have witnessed them doing this and turning on a dime and moving very quickly in that position. So I kind of wonder if that's what it was doing. Whenever you first saw it, but then you know, not to go down that rabbit hole or anything. But whenever you talk about that first time where it's like standing up and you're hitting it with the light, I mean you did have it in a spotlight beam and you're just seeing its eyes. I mean, could it have been cloaking or something.
Speaker 1: I don't think so. I don't think so.
Speaker 2: Do you think it was just like camouflage with its environment?
Speaker 1: That's yeah. If I was the guess, that would probably be what I would think, you know. But like whenever I when it stood up, you know, that's when I got more of a glimpse of it, you know, because it was out there, like where it was like full body, you can see it, you know what I mean, my light where I hit it at, you know, that's where I could see the whole thing. But when it's sitting down, Yeah, all I could see it was just that eye shine. But I wasn't really looking. I don't know how I wouldn't. I would have missed the head unless it was underneath you know, maybe some leaves or something. I don't know. You know, I never really thought about that, to be honest with you. Cloaking Now, I wouldn't believe that. I wouldn't say that. I don't think it could do that to me. I don't know. I just don't think you could do that. But it did move incredibly fast on the ground. That's why I thought it was like a fox or something, you know, because maybe those things could move that quick. But and then now thinking about it, it would had to have moved to the side, its side, you know, it wouldn't have turned. Yeah, but then again, it was dark, and everything's happening so quickly, and I'm just focused on the eyes. That was like the the main focal point for me. You know. Yeah, it's just wow, that's that's crazy thinking about how fast it moved.
Speaker 2: It's been close to twenty four years ago. Yeah, fallish, early fall two thousand and two. I believe it's when that conference happens. It's still the Craig wool Heater is still hosting the Jefferson Bigfoot Conference yearly. I believe they have it in early October.
Speaker 1: Well that's the name I'd heard in a long time. Yeah, that cool.
Speaker 2: But yeah, man, almost we're you know, rapidly approaching the twenty five year mark of that incident. It's pretty crazy to think about. If anybody wants to go check it out for themselves.
Speaker 1: Feel free.
Speaker 2: Just blow the damn Lake of the Pines, Texas outside of Jefferson. There you go, that's where it happened.
Speaker 1: I will sell them tickets to it, and I'll have a big sign of this as interact your on risk. But I tell you, man, it's all fun and games at this point. Now I can laugh about it, you know, but I'm I'm not going back out, so I don't even go camping anymore, you know. And I've got a dog, her, and she's getting to the age where, you know, I've got to introduce camping to her at some point, you know. But I'm thinking like really low speed camping, you know what I mean. I don't want to go anywhere out because I just I don't. I don't want to encounter that thing again. I don't want to see it again. I don't seeing it. It's like been there, done that, don't want to see it again. It's not you know. And I may hold a different like view than a lot of people, you know, especially bigfooters that actually go out and research and stuff like that, you know. I mean, I could count on two hands. How many times I went out and did be a big foot research, you know, and slept a million cigarettes doing it, you know. But like, yeah, I don't have any any any desire to go look out except I think you just should leave it alone, let it be. And I wonder I've often wondered though, like do you think the government knows about this thing? Like do you think they've caught one? That's always been I guess a question I've always had, you know, you know, but when you hear stories online what people think about that, it's always this drawn out government shit and they lose me on it. But like, what's your personal thoughts do you think, like there's the government knows about this thing.
Speaker 2: I think they absolutely know about it, but I don't know that they necessarily care about it. I think the government is very much self interest based. If there's a way for them to weaponize this thing or make money off of it somehow, then they would be interested in it. Otherwise I just don't think they would devote any resources to it. Maybe they captured one at some point and studied it, or captured several of them and studied them. Maybe they got some locked up in a facility, somewhere I don't know. What I do know is multiple government people on all kinds of different levels, from military personnel to people that just work for the federal government, people that work for state agencies, you know, park rangers, soldiers, you name it, have all had sightings and reported those sidings and they didn't get fired for it or anything. They're just told not to talk about it. So on that level, yes, the government absolutely knows about them because their own has reported sightings and turned in actual written reports.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so it's crazy. I mean I could believe it. I could believe that. I mean I did a short stint in the Army at a top secret clearance at one point, you know, but like it's nothing, you know, Like it just means I can I trust, I can be trusted with documents, Yeah, you know what I mean, Like you're not getting looking at them and stuff, and most Army people just they like party, that's really all. Yeah.
Speaker 2: There's been like a few things over the years, like the Army Corps of Engineers released a thing back in the day that had bigfoot in it that was part of their wilderness survival training information that hey, these things live out there in the woods. If you encounter one, you know, just avoid them, don't try to interact with them. And then there's a few hunting regulations you know, put out by the government that list bigfoot type creatures in the hunting regulations basically again not to hunt them, you know, don't shoot one if you see one, and a few places have done things just to put them on the books, and.
Speaker 1: It's just something like they have to like okay, like you know, even though we know zombies don't really freaking exist, the government does have a zombie like you know, action plan or whatever in case the event happens. So to me, it seems very tongue in cheek. But yeah, yeah, I agree, But honest I wonder some of that's because like that too.
Speaker 2: You know, yeah, I think a lot of it is. But like I said, there's a few things out there that do seem serious and legit, even though these things have not been proven or uh scientifically documented or accepted.
Speaker 1: Wow, you know, there was a video I saw on YouTube years ago, and I think you were I think you're the one showed it to me. So when I saw that video, I was like, that's legit, because the majority of those videos you see online like, oh you saw Bigfoot? You know our bullshit, but that one I can't hear who it was from, but uh, that was legit, like because everything in it was you know, it wasn't exactly what I saw, but it was had the same characteristics you know of like what an accounter would look like. And uh, do you know what I'm talking about, Like I'm trying to think the guys that guy's video, Uh you're talking about Robert Dotson. Robert Dotsa Okay, I thought was Ray Dotson.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the one that plays peek a boo.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that that legit. That's a legit video in my opinion.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Dotson. Dotson was a just a guy, I would say, a researcher. I mean, sure you could call him a researcher. He was actually from northern Texas and had an area that he went to by himself all the time and took video and documented it all. And then the area got flooded, and after it got unflooded, Uh, the Bigfoot didn't come back to the area, and ultimately he relocated to southeastern Oklahoma, which we're all familiar with, and got some funding from some folks and uh got some interesting things in Oklahoma as well. I have personal feelings about it. I think possibly someone was taking advantage of him and manipulating him to try and make money off of him, because he was, you know, growing a YouTube following eventually. But I don't say that to discredit any of the stuff he got on video.
Speaker 1: I do think he got.
Speaker 2: Several things that I personally believe are one and definitely bigfoot. He actually passed away years ago. The people that had hooked up with him, I think have some of his videos posted online. The majority of them are gone. I've tried to share a couple of his videos that I've dug up and they were instantly blocked with copyrights, Like I'm not allowed to post them, so they don't get posted.
Speaker 1: What's up for them? You know? I mean, because you know your channel as a as a big fought. I was looking at it before we need to ask me to do this. I was looking at your channel. He's got a pretty big following there, you know. I'm like, so there's people out there that's interested in this thing. You know, I'm not, but I think it's it's worth noting, you know, whenever people do have some legit footage you know, it's good to know who they are because you know that. And that's another thing. You know, just think of things I've read about bigfoot researchers and stuff. A lot of the people can get manipulated by others, you know, for personal gain, and it really sucks because I think that that really just throws a you know, it's kind of like a turk bowl, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Yeah, nowadays, whenever content is king and everybody's making money off content, I mean, it's really muddy the waters and kind of screwed things up for people that you know, may not know any better, or even people that think they do know better looking in on this thing trying to get some answers or trying to see something and there's just a whole lot of bullshit out there.
Speaker 1: Yeah that sucks, but yeah, whatever, They've always been part of the game from what I understand, because do you think when I was in college, I wrote a paper in one of my comp classes about a big but not my experience, but about like that's where I got the name Ray from Ray Wallace. Ray Wallace and the hoaxer, you know, and uh, you know, it's big business, you know, I mean, or it can be you know for some people, I guess, but you know, I've always hated that part of it, you know, just you know, because this is, this is a real thing, like I can't stress. I mean, nobody has to believe me, you know, take my story for what you want to take it for whatever. You know. I have to believe me. But I don't go out looking for it anymore, you know, I don't go out there. I don't, you know, I like said, I don't want to go camping. Half the time. I'm good my bubble in the city. I don't want to move to the country. I don't want nothing to do with you know. That's you know, being out in a remote part of the world, you know, because I just to the day. I still don't know what they are actually capable of, and you know, I wouldn't want somebody coming into my territory fucking with me, you know what I mean. So maybe they think like that, maybe they don't. I don't know, but I do know that they're real, and it's a pretty fascinating thing, you know, Like I said, you know, it's like a spiritual experience. You know. Not everybody's gonna get that experience, and uh, it's a pretty cool thing. Wants you after the fact. You know, I baited whether to tell Maya my kid about it or not, you know, when they get older. I'm just at this point, I'm sorry. I just you got me thinking about this stuff.
Speaker 2: Like, so, I appreciate you coming on here and telling the story once again and kind of unpacking it here twenty four years later. We'll have to hook up in another twenty four But yeah, man, crazy experience. I will say this though. I'm glad I got to share it with you.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, it was a bonding moment, wasn't it. Yeah, And like you know, everybody, you know, all of our other friends, you know, we grew up with and stuff. I hate it that they don't believe us. I can corroborate your story. Yeah, if you need me to vouch, I've got you, brother, because you know, because yeah, I didn't believe you. Now I do. And it's like, you know, I think that's pretty cool. I'm glad we got to share that. You know. You know, it's scared the living daylights out of me, but yeah, it's still worth it.
Speaker 2: So well, I've got your attention. I wanted to talk a little bit about YouTube. The show's been posted on YouTube for years. I actually started out on YouTube before I had a podcast. And recently there is a mass demonetization thing going on where lots of podcasts are getting demonetized for seemingly no reason. They haven't broken any rules, they haven't done anything different than they've been doing. But YouTube is cracking down on certain things and a lot of people are getting caught up with that net being cast. And one of those people is my good friend Dixie Cryptid, who has an amazed YouTube channel. If you listen to this show, there's a good chance you listen to him as well. So with him being demonetized, he's moving all of his stuff over to a podcast which he already had, the what If It's True? Podcast. So if you get a chance, show him a little bit of support, show him a little bit of love. Go check him out on Spreaker or Spotify or Apple or wherever you find Bigfoot Crossroads, you can find Dixie Krypton and what if It's True. Leave him a comment, let him know I sent you, and I wish him the best. I've got several friends. Tenfoil tell Us has also gotten caught up. Brandon's been on the show several times. Lots of people are going through a hard time right now with this. Fortunately I am still safe. Who knows how long that will last, but for now we're okay. But I appreciate everybody for listening. I've and sick lately, haven't been able to record, haven't been able to put out a show.
Speaker 1: But I'm back now.
Speaker 2: Thanks again to my good friend Roddy for coming on and kind of beling me out and going down memory lane for a bit. And as always, if you've had your own encounter with Bigfoot or something else, you can explain and you'd like to share that story on Bigfoot Crossroads, email me at Bigfoot Crossroads at gmail dot com. Check out the website Bigfootcrossroads dot com. You can find links to social media, past episodes, merchandise, everything you need all in one place. And until next time, remember there's something in the woods.