Speaker 1: And an exclusive interview with David Bassey for Dodger Talk. The Dodgers are back in town, facing the New York teams, the teams they beat on the way to the World Series. And we're joined right now by one of last year's World Series champions and one of the heroes for the Dodgers, not only last year but this year as well, with the best smile all around Los Angeles, the great te Oscar Hernandez Tayale. Thank you for the time, appreciate.
Speaker 2: It, thank you, thank you for having me us beautiful day outside. It's going to be a good series.
Speaker 1: Were you surprised when he came back to LA We turned the heat up one hundred degrees this weekend.
Speaker 2: Tale, Yeah, I don't like it that hot, but you know it's going to be better than Cleveland and New York definitely. So I can wait to those days who come and we can enjoy a really good series in here at home.
Speaker 1: I know players take it one game at a time, but us, we are very excited about this rematch from last year that you've taken batting practice. Do you feel the excitement in the city about this matchup?
Speaker 2: You know, it's I think for me and the rest of the team is normal. Obviously, we know that is a big series for the fans for baseball, going back from from last year to this year, especially because the Yankees they're playing better. They have better team than Max. They're playing really good right now. So it just you know, it's just gonna be a good show for the fans and for baseball. We just got to enjoy it.
Speaker 1: What do you remember the most about that fifth inning of Game five? Do you remember your big game tying hit? Do you remember what led up to that? What sticks out to you the most?
Speaker 2: I think I remember everything, you know, everything about that. They the way the games start, they start really hot with that. But you know, we always believing the things that we can do in a baseball field. We never give up. We take some good at bats, we play the game out outs, and especially a fifth inning, we just put some really good at bats together. Of course, they make some mistakes, but just part of the games. But thank god that we got those mistakes and the big bats and the big hit at the end of the day.
Speaker 1: How often do you look at the World Series ring?
Speaker 2: Not anymore so I got it. I think the last time I saw it was the next day after that. You know, I'm the guy, the player that the passes the past. Obviously it was a good one last year, but I have to focus on it in this one and just skip on on.
Speaker 1: Ta Oscar Hernandez is a player that everybody loves. I see that you have friendships even with players on other teams. How well do you know a guy like Aaron Judge. Have you got to know him at the All Star Game or the home run derby last year? Uh?
Speaker 2: Not really. You know, he got a lot of things to do.
Speaker 1: You do too, You're busy too.
Speaker 2: I know, but not like him. Not like him. You know, Judge is a really good person, excellent player, a Hall of Famer. He's doing excellent this year. Uh you know, it just when you get to watch that guy and show hey in the same field, it just I think I'm glad that I get to see it from the first row. From row. You know, you just enjoy everything that happens to those two guys.
Speaker 1: I was talking to Cody Bellinger earlier today and he was saying similar things that I'm a good player. Tail is a good player. There's a lot of good players, but those two seem to be a different levels.
Speaker 2: In a different level they make they make baseball look so easy. I don't think he's that easy, but you know, it is good to see those kind of players. UH played with them, against them. I played against Judge for a lot of years when I was in Toronto, against show Hey for a lot of years when he was in Anaheim. And you know, getting to watch it like every day, to show it and watch everything that Judge is doing is really special. So I'm glad that I get to see those two guys play and play against each other and play together. Now we shore.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but the fans in LA react to you a little bit differently. I mean, these fans really have become a second family to you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it's very special. The fans from last year. I think I showed it on the raide. They make everything easier for me when I'm going through a slum or any like difficult on a baseball field. They got my bag. They're always there supporting me. Not only me, so the rest of the team.
Speaker 1: Heyo, it's a real thing. Right Dodger Stadium. You guys playing here, there is a real home field advantage.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean you're gonna get fifty thousand people plus every single day. It doesn't matter who were playing, what day we're playing, You're gonna get the support from from the best fun ever. And I play in a really good cities. Yeah, And I don't think there's any fan base like the Dodgers.
Speaker 1: All right, Taylor, there's nobody like Tay Oscar Hernandez. We want to see a lot of sunflower seeds in your face and everybody else's face this home stand.
Speaker 2: Yes, hopefully we can put a good show for the fans and we get to win the game.