Speaker 1: It's time for coffee and Company fueled by Thornton's on Sports Talk seven nine day. Now, here's nit coffee.
Speaker 2: That's right, it's coffee and Company hour and ever two here on a Tuesday afternoon, beautiful beautiful Tuesday afternoon, as always VR fueled by Thornton's.
Speaker 3: Make sure you keep them in mind.
Speaker 2: You know you're gonna have to stop and put fuel in your vehicle unless, of course, you know you're one of those that's moved on to the electric vehicles. And I know many of you have, but a lot of you haven't. In fact, I mean I see the electric vehicles, and I'm really just talking about Tesla's. I mean, are there other vehicles that I get? I mean, I guess there are other vehicles that are electric right. If so, I don't know if i'd be able to spot them. But anyways, Thornton's they help you in a lot of ways. They can help you save money if you're a member of their Refreshment Awards program. Every time you fill up, you're gonna save some money. And then three cents off per gallon every time at minimum, and then occasionally you'll be able to get twenty five cents off a gallon, which that can go a long way. So again, we at feel about Thhorton's here on Sports Talk seven ninety so. A couple of breaking news that I don't feel like is something that we would typically spend a whole lot of time talking about. But it is certainly a big, big piece of news in sports, and that is that Tiger Woods has ruptured his achilles and I don't I mean, there's been plenty of injuries in other situations that have made us assume we've seen the last of competitive Tiger and we were wrong. But I don't know, Man, the achilles is it's gonna be tough to come back from.
Speaker 3: But again, so has ever.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's really amazing this guy can even walk when you consider the injuries he's had.
Speaker 3: Especially with the car wreck.
Speaker 2: Also, this is something that's been out there on the news local news stations since the show started. I just haven't really gone there yet because I don't have a lot of details and I still don't. Certainly a scary situation. But earlier today, a former Louisville basketball player and businessman, Junior Bridgeman, he suffered a medical emergency while speaking at a local fundraising event. So apparently he was being interviewed by Kent Taylor of WKY as part of this program. A lot of people, there are hundreds of people in attendance. It sounds like it was at the Gold House, the forty fifth annual Leadership Luncheon on scouting, and while having a conversation, I guess an interview with Kent Taylor, he expressed that he thought he was having heart attacks. So people immediately jumped up and tried to help emergency medical services where the ambulance came and he was taken away in an ambulance. And there's not been any official notification of his condition as of now, but obviously very scary thoughts and prayers with Junior. Seventy one years old and obviously a legend around here when it comes to basketball, but he's one of those guys that has become a billionaire, and it really didn't have much to do with basketball. He's a very successful businessman and obviously had a great career played for the Milwaukee Bucks. I'm pretty sure his numbers retired, but you know, he's made so much money as a businessman. He bought Steak and the team he played for you're buying steak into an NBA franchise that you know, you're doing pretty well when it comes to you know, when it comes to business. And he's actually a co owner currently of Valhalla's golf Club in Louisville, so he's been on a bunch of different boards throughout the city. He's just a very influential, very successful.
Speaker 4: You know man.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say businessman.
Speaker 2: He's certainly that, but he's also you know, I mean, he's just somebody that around here, regardless if it's because of business or basketball. You're you're pretty familiar with him. So again, thoughts, some prayers, not sure of what has has has has I guess transpired since he left the golf house to go to the emergency room. But again, we'll keep you updated as best we can. All Right, So we've got cal in Virginia Tech coming up next here on the ACC Network. And of course, the winner of this game tomorrow will play Stanford in the winner of that game will then play Louisville on Thursday. So a very awful ending for the Pittsburgh Panthers. I don't have a whole lot of sympathy. In fact, I actually earlier within the show, was just complaining about how worthless Jeff Cable and Pittsburgh are and it was really me just being me, being.
Speaker 3: A selfish bad sports better.
Speaker 2: That's just upset because you know, I keep betting on Pittsburgh and they keep letting me down. But with all that said, they probably weren't going to make the tournament, but because they were not even on the bubble and they would need to win the ACC tournament in order to make the tournament themselves instead of a tournament that is you know, they got screwed. I mean again, it wouldn't have led to a bit, I'm sure, but still to have your season ended that way. I mean, for those who missed it, go back and.
Speaker 3: Look at it.
Speaker 2: They called a foul on pitt with the game tiede Notre Dame had a desperation kind of you know attempt. It wasn't really a desperation attempt. It was just a quick bad shot with very little time left. You know, the the trigger finger gets a little happy because you'd realize, oh, I got to get it off before the clock runs out, and you just end up firing up a bad shot. That's what happened with pitt and then somehow I'm sorry with notre name, and somehow they were bailed out, And I mean I was live on the air whenever it happened, and then I rewound it during the break, and I haven't had a time to watch like every angle that they showed. But what I'm seeing from folks on you know, social media, Twitter really reacting to it makes me believe that it was, in fact, you know, as bad as I thought it was, because I mean, this was and when I can't figure out and again, if you're not watching and you don't care, I totally get it. We're talking about the day of shame here. We're talking about the you know, the worst teams in the ACC playing just because that's how bad they were. But I've never seen anything like that, where again postseason game a season essentially decided on such a bad call to where I'm not really sure what they called, like I don't know where the like I thought initially that they called a foul on this late jump shot attempt where the guy fell down, and it turns out it wasn't that they called a foul on the putback, which is even worse. If in fact they had called both would have been terrible. There's no foul here at all. Pitt did not foul. But if they were going to call it on the first shot, at least you could believe that they were sold a great acting job by a Notre Dame player who just jumped up in the air and made it look like he got hit and fell down. But then he misses the shot. Pitt gets a couple of I'm sorry, Notre Dame gets a couple of attempts, you know, around the rim as the clock's expiring, and they called a foul on one of the putback attempts, and it just, I mean.
Speaker 4: Just bogus.
Speaker 3: Did you see it?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I mean how bad was that?
Speaker 4: Literally?
Speaker 3: I can't believe that.
Speaker 5: As I'm going through Twitter and do you want to believe this as or xysm like watching it because it's posted all up. As you were describing it, it was almost like I was giving you the literally like it because you talked about they took their shot and tried to it.
Speaker 4: It was. It was amazing.
Speaker 5: But yeah, I was confused too because I'm obviously not listening to sound, So I was like, did they give it to them on the put back or the initial late shot attempt that didn't go in, and yeah, if it was, it was that put back and that was egregious. Yeah, I mean if I mean it just it gives me bad memories. I mean that that's March. That stuff happens. But I'll be furious something like that happens Louisville.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I kind of feel like no matter who it is as a team, like I would, I feel bad for them, Like that's a that's an awful way to have your season ended and it was literally robbed from you. Now again, you could have played better and not even been in that position. And that's what like, that's always going to be true when you lose a game and bad, bad calls happened, but it's tied and the ref really you know, like it'd be worse if if it wasn't tied, you know what I mean, Like if it was I don't know in any any way how you want to look at it. That was just an absolutely awful, awful call. All right, Coffee and Company, feelbout Thorton's here on Sports Talk seven to ninety. Appreciate you hanging out with us. Pat Kelsey has now won two different acc Coach of the Year a ward. Yesterday was the league that named him the ACC Coach of the Year that's voted on by the coaches and a handful of media members. And then today the AP named Pat kelcey ACC Coach of the Year. And somebody asked this on the text line and I and I thought I hadn't thought of it, but I went looking and I got the answer.
Speaker 3: But the question was.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The question was, does Pat Kelsey have any bonus? Is like, any any bonuses incentives, I should say, for winning Coach of the year. And I thought, for sure he does, because you know that's pretty common. And sure enough, his contract details that became public after he was hired last year. Here are his bonuses for these awards. So he has earned a one time, twenty five thousand dollars bonus for conference Coach of the Year. That's already happened. And then he will get fifty thousand dollars if he wins national Coach of the Year, and that could be given to that could be given to the There's a lot of different awards, but it's the AP, Associated Press, the NABC, National Association of Basketball something and then or Naismith.
Speaker 3: So the three main Coach of the Year awards.
Speaker 2: If he gets one of them, he'll also get a fifty thousand dollars bonus and just some other bonuses. Since we're looking at its contract here, which I'm hopeful he has a new contract soon. But his benefits include get he got fifty thousand dollars of moving expenses.
Speaker 3: There you go.
Speaker 2: Also, he has a life insurance policy for fifteen million dollars. That's important, right, He's got a family, got a family membership to the UFL golf Club. Come on now, how about a car allowance one thousand dollars a month. He can also use a suite at the Young Center for all men's basketball games. He also has eight club seats to all men's and women's basketball games, football games. I mean, they're hooking him up with tickets. You could expect that Juan Soto couldn't even get club seats at the Mets and his wife also his wife if an immediate family are also allowed to travel to away games, that's like not even a financial incentive, but.
Speaker 3: That's a hookup.
Speaker 2: Like that's that's love right there, because you know you want to be able to take your family with you whenever they want mean, obviously, I'm sure they don't come to every game. They've got you know, kids got school. I'm sure your wife doesn't want to be with you every every single game, But yeah, that could go a long way. Those are the kind of things you do, like if you if you're trying to show a good sign of faith. It doesn't just include a bigger paycheck like that's that's a nod to your to your coach. That's like, hey, we get it, we appreciate you. And this doesn't necessarily show in your bank account. But you know, I would imagine that that's probably pretty standard. I would imagine in a lot of places. But I don't know, wouldn't shock me if it's not actually because you know, it is a job, it is work, and wouldn't be a shocker if if some of these coaches, like I don't know, maybe their wives would not be the best to have around all the time.
Speaker 5: Wonder what is allowances at all, Max Orient, I don't know. I mean, that's got to be in your contract.
Speaker 2: I wonder if he's ever eaten there, Like I wonder if Pat Kelsey's ever been to the Jefferson Mall.
Speaker 4: That's a great question. He's had to have heard about it, right, Like I want to.
Speaker 2: Go to Charlotte and I want to ask John Shiwarre's being such a little bit about not winning Coach of the Year, and I want to ask Pat Kelsey if has ever been the Jefferson Mall.
Speaker 4: It wouldn't shock me if he said no.
Speaker 5: But if something happens and the only thing that he knows about the j Mall is max Orient, then that would be a win for me.
Speaker 2: Pat Kelsey probably doesn't even know what Jefferson Mall is know that I think about it, Probably not because you know clearly that mall is not what it once was. But also like malls just aren't what they used to be in general, Like you, I can't tell it like it is. You know, the convenience of buying stuff online is great.
Speaker 5: I still like to have it there when I buy it, So that's why I still keep the malls running.
Speaker 2: I don't have patience away for something in the mail. That's really what it comes down to me for me more than anything. But there's also something about, you know, going and buying things and I don't know, like.
Speaker 4: Walking around checking out the latest releases of stuff.
Speaker 2: The mall used to just be the place to be, even if you didn't have to go get something. I mean, I don't think people hung out there like every day, but like just going to the mall used to kind of be a thing. And now, I mean, unfortunately, malls just aren't what they once were, and like the Jefferson Malls, probably some place that people avoid, which I'm not saying they should, but I just like, you know, it's not it doesn't have a great reputation seemingly, which I'm not sure if that's fair or not. But I will say this, I was just there last week. What a what a random coincidence? I was there, but I wasn't. So they have something called Round ten. It used to be it used to be I think it used to be called Round one, yes, which I don't. I mean, it's totally now it's round ten.
Speaker 4: They just happened.
Speaker 3: Maybe maybe I've made that. I think I made that name up.
Speaker 2: I think I think I'm getting the name wrong because I'm mixing the new name and what it used to be called.
Speaker 3: But tilted ten is what it's called.
Speaker 4: Okay, Yeah, it used to be around one, so.
Speaker 2: Round one and now it's the same facility just now owned by a different company. But we went there, took the kids on Friday, we bowled, they played games, and I mean they got a full bar, they got you know, a big food menu. I mean, it's it. You know, there's it's not that uncommon to see place. I mean again, it's it's I don't want to act like it's totally different than where you'd get at a what's the one called that's over there on blanken Baker Event, main event, I mean even even the play, even the uh it's over on Hurstborn what's it called. It's more of a uh uh you know what I'm We actually done business there.
Speaker 3: The Malibu Ja, Yeah, Malibu Jacks.
Speaker 2: A lot of those places are very much similar, but this one's in in I mean, I didn't walk around in Jefferson Mall, but it is attached to Jefferson Mall, and I mean it was a cool place. So you know, I don't want to act as if I think the Jefferson Mall is like the worst place in the world, but like I just you know, I mean, it's it wouldn't shock me at Pat Kelsey's never been there.
Speaker 5: When I was younger, I thought working at the mall was such like the coolest thing ever, Like I wanted to get a job at like that until I worked there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they worked there for a whole.
Speaker 2: Day, right, Yeah, I did work in the mall for was it an American Eagle or a Crombie Hollister. Hollister, have you heard a good ar genes fit? It's all I wanted me to do, was and you never had the answer for it. Yeah, unfold and refold, and then if somebody walked in, I was just supposed to ask them if they heard I got our genes fit. I was sixteen. It was my first job, and I never took many years to realize, Like I wasn't even prepared. They didn't even train me on what I was supposed to say. If somebody who said, well, actually, now that you mentioned that, I don't know how good the gens fit, can you tell me? I would have been like they fit good. I mean I would have just That's what I would have had to have said. But yeah, I went to the UH. I got a break and I went to the food court and called my mom and was like can I leave?
Speaker 3: She's like, are you already off? And I'm like I want to quit. She was like, it's your first day at your first job.
Speaker 2: It's like Mom, they're having me ask weird questions and she she was like, what are you gonna get a different job?
Speaker 3: And I was like yeah.
Speaker 2: So I ended up leaving the Saint Matthews Mall after one one two hour shift at Hollister and then I went to the Jefferson mall and became an employee at Finish Line. There you go, which was you know, I wouldn't cut out for retail. I'm not as outgoing, and I I got things stolen from me a couple of times, which you know was clearly not a good thing. And I probably should have been in trouble more than I was because twice it happened to where you know, I just wasn't aware that people are out here like and in fact, there's there's some there's some retail analytics that you can find that may surprise you that if you are in a mall this day and age, the percentage of people that are there with the mindset of stealing as much as they can is would blow your mind. Sure, Like, you know, there's a reason that the employees that these places are trained to like monitor people like it. I mean, there's a lot of thiefs out there and a lot of people that I guess are good at it. So I had two different people come in and ask for I mean, I guess I was just distracted and just being a dumb kid, and now I guess I'm just a dumb adult. But they would ask me, you know, hey, you know these fit a little bit a little bit. These are a little bit tight, a little bit loose. Can you go maybe get me a size bigger? And you know, I would just oh yeah, sure, like anything to get the customer what they need. And all they were wanting to do was to have me walk away and then they could put the shoes they were wearing in the box that you know, they would just swap out their shoes but the shoes they were trying on, and they would walk out like it's a Really it wasn't a real big uh. It wasn't some big heightst to be able to steal from me, Like I was pretty gullible. But what made it really bad is it happened once and I was like, man, I can't believe it. The nervous some people like who does that? And then you know, two days ago by are two different shifts go by, and it happened again, and I'm like, yeah, I should probably and they definitely what we want it. Put me in the stock room after that, have me back there, just still working in the back, which was actually a better part of the part of the gig overall. But anyways, back to Pat Kelsey, the contract that he signed last year. I mean, we played the audio from Terry Minor's conversation with Josh Hurd last week and it wasn't anything.
Speaker 3: It was very vague.
Speaker 2: But also I think there's at least it's at least it was at least least worth sharing because I mean it he wouldn't say it.
Speaker 3: I don't think it mean.
Speaker 2: I don't think he said this as a joke, but when asked about I think Terry asked him, in a paraphrasing, how often do you get told by people you need to pay Josh her more money to or you need to pay Pat Kelsey more money to keep him around? And he laughed and said something along the lines of it's coming, like we're working on it, so you know, that tells me that there's at least a doubt right now, they're they're working on getting pen to paper really soon and having the agents crunch it out because they're in the middle of of you know, crunch time here it's postseason. So but I would imagine there's been at least some level of communication between Pat Kelsey and Kelsey's agent to U of L. I'm sorry, I think U of L meaning her probably to them like, hey, we're aware that the deal you signed last year, although it you know, was it wasn't a crazy deal to give him at all at the time, and and honestly it's not even crazy to you know.
Speaker 3: Restructure right away.
Speaker 2: But like he's got all the leverage right now because if Pat Kelsey wanted to like shop himself, which he wouldn't.
Speaker 3: I mean, if he did, I would die.
Speaker 2: But like, you know, if schools that had openings, cause again like Indiana that's being talked about, like Indiana, maybe make it to move at Louisville's coach because they know they have more money and they feel like they're superior and the ACC stinks. And the elephant in the room is that Pat Kelsey does not have a contract currently. That would make a lot of sense for him to you know, turn down a bigger job if offered, because he came in at Louisville making good money, clearly making a lot more money than he ever made at Charleston and Winthrop. But like if if any of the other schools wanted to take wanted to take a run at him, which I think they won't because they realized Louisville will do whatever they got to do to keep it, keep him. It's Louisville, but currently that's not his arrangement. He's paid a lot lower than what most would expect for a successful coach at Louisville. But you know, Louisville wants to keep around, So you know, I doubt anybody would even try to make a run for him. But I mean if they did, Louisville would have to. And this is where I like, it's not my not my lane, right, I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: There's way more that goes into this stuff than I would ever know, but just you know, from from from a fans perspective, just kind of knowing, Hey, he's contract is what it is, and he could get other offers, Like I don't want him to leave. I don't know how this would happen, but I really hope that he gets a new deal, which I think he will, but I don't want it to turn into where your hand was forced because other schools were calling, right, Like, I just not that, you know, wouldn't be the end of the world. But like I would hope that he didn't get to that, and I don't think it will because again, I just still think that if you know, you don't want to go pursue a coach just to you know, ruffle up a different fan base, and nobody would do that. But like Indiana, they have to know that even if they did come with a big offer and they were doing it before kat Kelsey got a different contract, Like the likelihood of him bailing after when you're at Louisville and then go to Indiana, it's just so unlikely.
Speaker 3: And you don't want to be swinging.
Speaker 2: And missing because you know you can only I mean, you can't force anybody to take your job. But the more like, again, I'll stand by this. It's probably not a good time to bring it up now because it doesn't really matter. But I thought Louisville's search last year was executed very poorly. I mean, I don't really know how it could have been avoided. I mean I have some I have some theories, but again that's not my world. I don't know everything that goes on behind the scenes between agents, coaches and all that. But they offered the job that Dusty May, and they didn't they didn't realize that he didn't want the job. Now you talk to certain people, they'll tell you, well, he misled them or he you know, he basically, you know, let us take him out to dinner, he ate the steak, drank the wine, and then he ghosted us or something. But anybody who knew Dusty May for a while knew that he didn't want the job, like he was not going to be energized by going to Louisville because it just wasn't a fit. So it just kind of felt like it was, you know again like if you if you wanted him that bad, then you know you still you make him, you try to make him want you, right. But also the fact that others seemingly knew that he doesn't, like he didn't want Louisville and Louisville maybe didn't was just kind of a bad look. But maybe they knew it and were still going to try to pursue him. Well, then there was the job Shirt situation, which again he was offered the job. I mean, it's crazy how this all works out, because Shirts was offered the job, and you know, sounds like he had a really forty eight hours because he didn't know what to do, because he wanted to take the Louisville job, but he'd already signed something with Saint Louis to where we're talking multiple millions would have had to been paid by Louisville to Saint Louis in order for Shirts to be able to take the job. So that alone eliminated him, and I'm glad that it did. But like he was offered the job, and I mean, he was calling around to people, you know, connected to Louisville or at least that used to be around at Louisville, knowing the administration. And that's what people learn is that it's a new it's a new regime really from what it was many years ago. But Shirts was working the phones, well inside info for you guys. He was working the phones to try to figure out do you think there's any way Louisville would actually be able to round up the money to buy me out? And Initially people were thinking, buy you out of Indiana State. What are we talking about like a bottle of bourbon? Like Indiana State can't have a big buy out. It's Indiana State. And he's like, oh yeah, signed a memorandum with Saint Louis. It was like four million dollars was gonna have to be paid just to get him, which again that's a blessing in disguise.
Speaker 3: They worked out that way. So then it's Pat Kelsey.
Speaker 2: So you know, I it is crazy how it all played out, And I think that it'd be a real shocker if there's not something done, because a few weeks ago, I'm thinking, okay, well, maybe you don't do it unless, like you feel like you have to write like if if he knows he's done better than anybody expected, but he doesn't have an offer right now from a better job with more money than like, why would you go do it? Well, it's it's I think you want to be a good partner and be a good employer, and like, you know, even if it's not super necessary right now, because there's not a real threat of another school coming to get him, you still should do right by a guy that you always want to show that you know you Again, the way to really show your employer that you appreciate them is what money right, So you can do that, but also, you know, I think doing it maybe.
Speaker 3: Before Like let's say he loses in the.
Speaker 2: First round of the tournament, which could happen, absolutely could happen, and he still gets a contract extension.
Speaker 3: Some will say, wow, guy gets a new deal.
Speaker 2: I don't even want a tournament game yet, and the ACC was lousy?
Speaker 3: Is it really worth it?
Speaker 2: Like people may say that, and that's fine, but I think it'd be a sign of good faith.
Speaker 3: Look, we don't care about that.
Speaker 2: We know what we have here at special and before any other because all you got to do is give him a bump here to where he's probably you know, I don't know where he'd rank, and maybe we can look at it, just because I would be interested to see kind of what that number is as far as the range. I'm thinking, because Louisville isn't going to lose a coach to another school if the contract is right, because again, it's Louisville right now.
Speaker 3: The ACC isn't what it once was.
Speaker 2: But you got to realize coaches, man, they they look at that in a way as a chance to shine at the top of a league, right I mean, even if the ACC stays down, I mean, you can still be really good in the ACC. Like your conference matters as far as your resume and the amount of quad opportunities you have. We learned that this year for sure. But you know, there's nothing about your conference that can keep you from being as good as anybody else out there. If you've got players, and you got you know, you've got a coach that can win games in the tournament.
Speaker 3: And I don't know, like.
Speaker 2: The SEC would anybody would any coach want to go join that league right now? I mean, yeah, money would help, because they got a lot of it. But I mean you could be a phenomenal up and coming coach, be the seventh eighth best coach in that league, which, hey, maybe you want to compete with the best, and I kind of like people that are built like that.
Speaker 3: But there's also something to.
Speaker 2: Be said about, you know, being able to still be among other elite programs historically that probably will be back, like Carolina is.
Speaker 3: Not going to stink Virginia.
Speaker 2: They should make a good higher, Like the league won't be what it once was for a while, I'm sure, but like it'll be better in years to come. I would imagine, And if you're one of the top, like you could have an acc with these eighteen teams that it is now I think it is, and you know, maybe teams six through eighteen or not good, but maybe you've got teams one through five that are consistently in the top twenty. I mean, that's not a crazy theory, and that would still make it to where you don't feel like you're you know, you're in some poor man's league. All right, quick break, we'll come back on the other side. Keep it rolling along. It's coffee and company, and we all feel about Thorton's right here on Sports Talk seven.
Speaker 1: Ninety Now back to coffee and Company, fueled by Thornton's on Sports Talk seven nine day.
Speaker 2: It's been a busy couple of days when it comes to NFL moves being made. And you just heard during their commercial break there the Fox Sports Radio update about my colts, which I don't even like calling them out, but if I was going to quit them, I already would have. I think I tried a couple of times, and just it's hard to do that when you've emotionally invested in a team, I don't know if it's even possible to ever just like, I mean, clearly I'm checked out, Like I'm not keeping up with the Colts like I used to as far as just you know, like being really into it because you know, they're pretty to me, they're they're in like the worst spot as an NFL team to where they're never going to be bad enough to get good picks, at least not very often, and when they do, you know they're never going to get as lucky as they were, like they're a franchise. And by the way they read I'm upset about the Colts is because they they clearly made a mistake in drafting Anthony Richardson, and it's obvious to everybody but them, I guess. So you knew they were probably going to make some kind of a move because if they give ar the opportunity and he's continuously going to show them he's terrible, then maybe they will pull the plug early next year. And you want to be able to go to somebody and you know, hope that they can get you know, have some success. I mean, I think there's not not much needed in order to be a boost up from Richardson because that's how bad he is. But there's all kinds of quarterbacks that are available. In fact, Austin and I just talked about it last week of all the free agent quarterbacks, like who would you go after if you you know, if you knew you needed a quarterback this year, Like you had a good team in the quarterback spot, was the one vacant that you needed to go fill? I mean you got Rogers, you got obviously Donald who had a phenomenal year. I mean, Russell Wilson is going to be available. Why can I think of the Jets just signed Justin Fields, who was also with Pittsburgh. So you know there were guys out there. I mean even like Jimmy Garoppolo, Like these are guys that you know are are available and will end up somewhere and that's kind of you know, your pickings. And when it comes to Daniel Jones, like he didn't even get mentioned because like he couldn't. I mean, he's terrible at the end with New York and really was never great at any point. He just the timing was on his side to where when it come when it came down to like all right, they're gonna have to either move on from him or resign him or something. He had you know, his best games yet, best run yet, which again was good for him, but like you know, clearly he was a bad investment. The fact that they gave money to Daniel Jones and not Sequan is crazy. But anyways, like Daniel Jones signing with the Colts for you know, I think it's like nineteen million or something like that is what his contract can end up being if like he reaches incentives and that kind of stuff. I mean, it's almost like they're just messing with us. I mean, whenever they ended up losing to the giants of ball teams that you know, and that of course eliminated their their you know, the their likelihood of making the playoffs and all kind stuff, which wouldn't matter anyway. But you know, they're sitting there with that loss and you know, maybe one game above five hundred, I don't remember where they finished, but in their mind, like because they're not two and you know, fifteen or whatever, it is their content, like they have never been a franchise that is operated. Is if they have an expectation to be really, really good, they have a really high standard, like their content with forting with the playoffs every year, and you know, not being bad enough intentionally to get good draft picks and try to salvage it. They'll stay where they are and look around like, what's everybody upset about? We're not you know, we won more than a lot of teams, Like you're a no man's land, and they embrace that because they're losers. And the only level of success that franchise has ever had was based off of once in a lifetime opportunities in the draft that they couldn't screw it up. You drafted Andrew Lucky, you drafted Peyton Manning.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 2: I mean they've they've also drafted other good pieces along the way, but I don't know, do you get what you got out of Marvin Harrison if it's not Peyton Manning throwing in the ball. Same thing with Reggie Wayne right. I mean, they've had other good players too, other than just on offense, but like they've it's just a really weird feeling and I'm sure other fans out there that are mostly into just pro teams and not as much college and you don't understand why they're you know because at the end of the day, it's a business and everybody who's involved it's making these big decisions, is making a lot of money. And if they're content with being, you know, middle of a pack, then that's what you're gonna be, right, Like, I now have a real appreciation for tanking because it's weird in general, just to know that, like, hey, let's have some fun. But man, we don't want to be any good because we're not. Our ceiling is so low. We want to actually be the worst or the worst because if that's the case, then we can get a real, really good draft pick and flip it around like it's it's it's it's the payoff, right, it's the all right, we'll have to sit in this and not only be bad, but like I want us to really suck so we can start over. I mean, that's a weird place to be, but it's the right place to be because that's how you do get it turned around.
Speaker 3: I mean in a weird way.
Speaker 2: I guess if I'm making a comp comparison as far as my colts, but the colts aren't, Like again, I want them to be bad, to be bad.
Speaker 3: They're not bad.
Speaker 2: They're not bad enough, and they won't, you know, they never do what most competent franchises do. Is like when you know that the ceiling is is borderline playoff, and you know that you've been kind of there for a while, like you might want to regroup and say, Okay, now we're going to make sure that we don't win as much and we position ourselves to get a really good pick so we can get this thing turned around and really rehaul. But I say this not as a joke. I say this genuinely because it's it's just the truth. Kenny Payne did us a favor by being consistently as bad as he was for two years, because I don't want to know what would have happened had he won, you know, double the games that he won in each of his first two seasons instead of four, it was eight instead of eight, it was sixteen. Because part of me says, and we'll never know, and again, I don't want to know, but I believe he probably would still be our coach here, and that's a really scary thing to think about. No. So the fact that he was so bad so quickly and really just consistently, I mean, it made it to where there was you know, you were able to you know, I don't know if it's a great comparison, but you got to be really really bad to get one of those top two or three draft picks, right. You also got to be really, really really bad for a program to fire a coach after just two seasons, especially a guy that they had to pay a lot of money to get rid of and a guy that you know played there. So like, in a way, deep down, it is a good thing that it was as bad as it was, because you could have been stuck in no man's land where he's here four years and he was never bad enough for them to justify just cannon him, but he was bad enough. So thank you for that, Kenny. All right, let's talk about the Little Men's Clinic, shall we. They've been helping men in this area for over ten years now. There's been some I don't even want to call it competition, because there's no competition when it comes to the lois of Men's clinic, but there have been some imitators that have popped up offering similar services, but they don't stick around because they don't do as good of a job. They're not, you know, as professional. We got a real doctor over there at the lover of Men's Clinic. My man doctor would left his previous position working in medicine to just be the doctor for the Lois of Men's Clinic and many He's helped a lot of folks, including myself. For me, it was low testosterone, but maybe it's not low t for you. Maybe you know you've got a rectaltis function you finally want to address it, Well you should, and look, it's not a comfortable conversation, I'm sure, but they know that this is what they do. They take pride in making you comfortable and making you aware that you're not, you know, in isolation. Here there's a lot of people that deal with what you deal with with D and there's a lot of different ways you can treat it. Maybe you want to lose weight, they've got weight loss therapy, hair restoration. So there's a lot of different services that they can provide to help you be a happier and healthier man. So Louivillman's Clinic dot COM's the website. Check him out, you can give him a call. FAVEO two four four four four thousand. All right, we'll get to this a little bit later on, probably not in the next segment, just because we won't have a whole lot of time. But Mark Stoops was on KSR this morning and I didn't get a chance to listen to too much of any of it, but I did see that he was He was on record saying that if the SEC moves to nine games, he still wants to play Louisville, which I mean he could I guess technically blame it all on Mitch if something happens and it goes away, But like it makes total sense because again, there's no benefit in any way for anybody to not have this gameplay.
Speaker 3: I mean, there just isn't. So we'll get to that a.
Speaker 2: Little bit later on, in a lot more. We got another hour and some change to stick around. It's coffee and Company. We are feel about Thornton's right here on Sports Talk seven ninety.
Speaker 1: Now back to coffee and Company, fueled by Thornton's on Sports Talks, have a nine day.
Speaker 2: About eleven and a half minutes left in the first half. Cal and Virginia Tech. This is uh game two of the ACC tournament today and the winner this will play tomorrow against Stanford and the winner of that will then play Louisville on Thursday. Same thing for Kentucky. They'll play Thursday the winner of a game that takes place tomorrow between Oklahoma and Georgia. So I mean the SEC tournament, like I'm I can't.
Speaker 4: I have no.
Speaker 2: Issue with anybody just you know, gushing over how great this league has been from you know, from start of the season to now, because it's it's really undeniable. It's been a great league, and they've got some you know, they've got a lot of depth, and they've got you know, clearly more real legitimate title contenders than any other conference. But I guess I'm just a jealous hater because I can't deny it, and I get why it's being talked about the way it is, but I I'm a little over.
Speaker 3: It, like I kind of wanted to burn. And I don't know if it will or not.
Speaker 2: But I do think that there's it's tough to know for sure, because again, when you're playing in your own league for you know, two and a half months, you think you know, right, like, you know, maybe all these teams that are beating up on each other and by the way, where you earn the benefit of the doubt when it comes to doing that is in the non conference. And that's where the SEC was just so dominant. Like even teams who's stunk in the SEC, like really bad, like the bottom of the barrel of the SEC still had wins like here and there against teams that are believed to be in the top three and other power leagues. Like let me give you an example, like Clemson. I mean, Clemson right now is a top ten team in the eight people. They're tied with Louisville for second. They finished eighteen and two in the SEC. Clemson's a good team, but you know, they also lost to South Carolina, who is easily the worst, if not one of the worst. I mean, they're clearly bottom two or three, I would imagine in the SAC. So because of what they did in the non conference, I can't say that, you know, it's not a testament that Okay, Oklahoma, man, they were rolling before they got the conference play. Right now, they're probably you know, about as bubblicious as you could get when it comes to the NSAA tournament, and they were awful in SEC play, I mean really bad. They finished six and twelve in the league.
Speaker 3: They're overall right.
Speaker 2: Now they are let's see, nineteen and twelve overall, So you know, six and twelve, that's a terrible record that I feel like should not get anybody into any tournament of any kind. I don't care what your league looks like. You're six and twelve, but they got to put sixty eight teams in and because of how good the league is, Oklahoma's resume right now is a bubble type resume. And it's not just because you know, a lot of their losses in league play were to really good teams. But look where they did the non conference. They beat Louisville, they beat Arizona, they be Michigan. So I mean you're talking about an Oklahoma team that is one of the worst teams in the SEC. In fact, where they finish, I mean, they had to be at six and twelve, they got to be. They got to be like towards the let me see, we look at the bracket here, because yeah, the SEC standings, where are they at? Here we go, Oklahoma ended up tied for third, so or tied for third to last, should say I'm sorry. So South Carolina and LSU easily the two worst teams Texas and Oklahoma finished six and twelve, so you know, they're clearly one of the worst in their league, but they have wins against three teams and other power leagues that are in the comp you know, not the best team in their leagues, but certainly in the top tier.
Speaker 3: Like Louisville.
Speaker 2: I mean, they're tied for second place. They're the second seed in the a SEC tournament and Oklahoma, who you know, stunk it up in the SEC.
Speaker 3: They beat Louisville.
Speaker 2: Now, louisll could have easily won that game, and I think louis would beat them if they played them now just because louis is different team, but either way that it still counts. Louisville lost to them. They also beat Arizona Arizona last that checked. I mean, they're not running the Big Twelve, but they're certainly one of the teams that's gonna get in Where Arizona finished in the in the Big Twelve, it's got to be, you know, got to be towards the top of that league. Arizona finished in the Big Twelve fourteen and six overall, and that put them in third place, out behind Houston and Texas Tech. So again, Oklahoma beat them too.
Speaker 3: Michigan.
Speaker 2: Michigan did not finish strong. In fact, a really bad ending for Dusty May this year. They really struggled down the stretch, but they still went twenty to to nine and fourteen and six. They were tied for second place. So again, like because of that, that's why you do get the benefit of doubt to where if you're terrible in your league, you could still qualify for this sixty eight team tournament.
Speaker 3: Because your league's that good.
Speaker 2: Now, what I also think is is tough to really it's tough to gauge. But like that also happened long ago, right, it should still count, right because when the regular season counts, even if it's November December, it still counts. But I think Oklahoma would probably lose to all three of those teams that they played them. Now it doesn't matter though, I mean they played them during the season and it still counts on your resume. So anyways, I think this is and I said this yesterday and somebody called me out earlier on the text line for not getting to it. But I think in the Elite eight, and this may this may not sound like some kind of like real disrespectful thing to say, but given how loaded that the SEC is, especially at the top, the tip top. I think they're only going to have it maximum two teams in the Elite eight. And again, like that's not a crazy thing because there's you know, only eight teams that get there. But when you consider how loaded the league is actually, do think that would be considered a you know, a letdown for how good the league was in the regular season. I just think a lot of these teams have gassed out, and you know, I think there's only three really good teams. Then there's a good crop of teams, and then after that there's a bunch of teams that, you know, maybe they are really good and they just got beat up in a great league. But like, I'm not buying that. Like Missouri is an elite team right now? You know, Georgia gets in, Like okay, I mean again, you got to put sixty eight teams in.
Speaker 3: But like, how good is George actually?
Speaker 2: All right, quick break, we got another hour to go right here on Sports Talk seven ninety