Speaker 1: What's up everyone, and welcome back to the program. We're getting information out today that Brian Koberger did, in fact, at least according to sources, follow Kaylee Madison and Zana on Instagram. Now, this is something I've talked about previously and said that I saw with my own eyes at least saw this account that they're talking about right in the aftermath of all of this happening.
Speaker 2: And like usual, when you.
Speaker 1: Have a situation like this, Instagram or social media in general, they'll usually purge the profile of the person suspected of these kinds of crimes whenever it has this kind of notoriety.
Speaker 2: Forget it.
Speaker 1: You're not going to be able to find anything on the internet. Look how quickly they scrubbed the survey off of Reddit. It was there one second. I tried to get into the studio to report about it, and it was scrubbed by the time I got into the studio, So good thing. I screenshotted it, and obviously a lot of other people did as well. But my point is when you have something like this occur, they're going to purge those accounts very quickly for whatever reason. And now we're getting reports that Coberger did, in fact follow them on Instagram. So let's get into this article from Fox News and let's get caught up headline. Idaho murder suspect Brian Koberger followed three female victims on Instagram before stabbings. Report claims this article was authored by Michael Ruiz. Brian Coohberger, the twenty eight year old man accused of murder in the ambush of four University of Idaho's students in November, allegedly followed three of them on Instagram before the attack. A new report claims numerous Instagram accounts using Coberger's name appeared after his arrest was made public and followed the victims, but it was not immediately clear whether any of the accounts belonged to him. He was arrested on December thirtieth, nearly seven weeks after police alleged he entered a six bedroom home in Moscow, Idaho, and stabbed four college students, Kaylee Gonsalves, Madison Mogan, Xana Kernodle, and Ethan Chapin. And anytime you have a situation with a lot of attention in the media, you're gonna have people out there, trolls and weirdos who are gonna make profiles based on the person who is alleged to commit the crimes or murders. I can't tell you how many Jeffrey Epstein profiles. Your boy stumbled upon at least one account in his name that was observed by Fox News Digital following Gonsalves, Mogan and Kernodle appears to be no longer active. The other three were all still online when we checked Thursday afternoon, and that's exactly what happens. They purged those accounts, meaning the social media companies in conjunction with law enforcement or whatever the hell's going on behind the scenes. I really don't know, but anytime there is any sort of situation of notoriety, they end up purging those profiles real quick. So it's always a race as somebody who talks about the news compiles the news to try and get to those things before they're purged from the Internet for good. And a lot of times people are pretty cagey and they get there quickly. You get screenshots and all of that, but unfortunately a lot of it goes away very very fast, and if people aren't quick on picking up on who the suspect is and what their social media accounts are. They'll be gone before any of us ever get a look at them. But when this all first started, this was a point of research, basically for a lot of people going through the social media accounts and trying to make those ties. A message at the profile url for at krim dot Coberger Thursday Red, the link you followed may be broken or the page may have been removed meta. Instagram's parent company frequently takes down accounts linked to murder suspects. All three female victims had public Instagram accounts, Chapins was private. None of them followed Coburger. People reported on Thursday. Yeah, I don't see why they would look. And I'm not out here saying, oh, Brian Colberger is some kind of creeper weirdo. I don't know the guy, right, but I'm talking about just in general, a twenty eight year old teaching assistant in the criminology department at Washington State University probably isn't hanging out in the social circle with people who were fueled up by white Clause and country music doesn't seem to go hand in hand to me. Now, does that mean Coburger never went to a party over at their house. Well, of course not. We know that there was a lot of people in and out of that house. We know that it was a relatively transient situation over there, so sure he might been over there or something like that, but as far as being friendly with them and you know, being invited over for a white claw knight, I highly doubt that was ever going to occur. So the only thing logical would be a he saw them at the restaurant or where they worked, figured out what their names was, and then well follow them on social media and from there the sky was the limit. If you look at their social media accounts, they're not private on there, right, what young kids are? The whole point of having those social media accounts is so that you can show the world a great time you're having. But when you do that, you also open yourself up to some weird shit and some weird people. And I can't even imagine what really good looking young girls go through. It can only it must be a nightmare for some of these girls with some of the weirdos out there. So I can't even imagine the messages that you get sent. So the whole Brian Kohberger knew them socially, that whole entire theory never really track with me, never at all, not from the beginning, not in the middle, and not now. It had to be some kind of random encounter where he saw them and took a liking to one or all of them, and then it progressed into what it became. The report did not name the account, but said the outlet had reviewed it before it became inactive. The outlet reported earlier this week that Coburger messaged at least one victim numerous times but never received a response, also citing an unnamed source. So again, remember unnamed sources here. Nobody has put their name behind this. Obviously with the gag order, you can't expect people to do that. But there's going to be people out there that are not going to trust these unnamed sources. And I get that a lot of that is the media's own fault for a lot of the shenanigans they like to pull. So I understand completely why people are very hesitant to believe unnamed sources. But me personally, looking at all of it and looking at how this evidence hasn't unfolded and what the likeliest outcomes are, this all tracks and in most circumstances. I am a huge believer in Okham's razor, because I've certainly learned that the best idea is to make as few assumptions as possible, because the most likeliest outcome is usually the right one. He's slid into one of the girls dms several times, but she didn't respond. An unnamed investigator told the outlet, basically it was just him saying, hey, how are you? But he did it again and again. Coberger reportedly sent the first message in late October, then a series of follow ups when he did not receive a response. According to people, so this dude is out here shooting off these direct messages trying to get their attention, doesn't get their attention, at least according to this theory that we're working on here, right, because again we don't know it's one hundred percent true, But according to this theory, he sends them that first message, they don't respond, meaning whichever one he sent it to, and then he keeps sending them. Then you have a couple of months later, a couple of weeks later, I mean, and they end up dead. Certainly not looking good for Coburger. Fox News Digital was unable to confirm the reporting independently. Leta County, Idaho Magistrate Judge Megan Marshall issued a gag order on the case earlier this month, restricting comment from investigators and attorneys from both sides. Shannon Gray, the attorney for the Gonsalvas parents, said no one knew about Coburger before the slayings, but he left open the possibility any information any of the families gather regarding connections to any of the victims will be turned over to the Moscow Police Department, he told Fox News Digital. Police allege that Coburger snuck into the six bedroom rental house on King Road in Moscow on No. Three teenth and kill the four students, at least some of whom who are believed who have been asleep at the start of the ambush, and we know now that all of them were in a sleep. We won't rehash all of that, but it's gruesome to think about what the final moments of Xana and Ethan must have been like, for sure, especially if Xana was awake getting her food, you know, sitting around on TikTok or whatever, eating some Jack in the box, and this disgusting piece of shit skulks around into your home and murders you like that. It is just almost too much to even comprehend, Like, how does that even happen? How can somebody be so evil that they come up with this whole plan, this whole plot, and premeditated. It's not like, you know, you got angry and you know you were being picked on at a party and you went batshit insane. Well that's no excuse. At least, there's no reason. There ain't no reason here besides you being a degenerate fuck. The three female victims lived together in a rental house on King RhoD in Moscow, just steps off the University of Idaho campus Chapin Kernodle's boyfriend was staying over that night. According to police, Coburger left behind a k bar knife sheath with DNA on the snap. Investigators recovered it in Mogan's bed, next to her body. And when you start looking at everything that we know so far, it really is starting to look like Madison was the target. You got the sheath next to her in the bed, the connection at the mad Greek where she worked, followed on Instagram, So I thought it was Kaylee at first, to be honest with you. But with all of these other connections and learning about the mad Greek and the source saying and the investigator saying that he was actually there, it makes a lot of sense that it was in fact Madison who was the main target. Coburger lived in an apartment in Pullman, Washington, where he was studying for a PhD in the Washington State University Department of Criminal Justice and Criminology. The campus is across the state line, but only about ten miles from the University of Idaho. Coburger had allegedly been stalking the King Rode home for weeks, according to the probable cause affid David and all of that lines up the messages on Instagram stalking the house. Things are escalating, and that's how it works with these people. They escalate from their fantasies into actions. Coburger is due back in court in late June for a preliminary hearing where his defense team intends to challenge the probable cause laid out against them good luck. However, as Fox News Digital has reported, prosecutors could sidestep his stall tactic if they secure a grand jury indictment. Before that, Coburger could face the death penalty if convicted and with a grand jury. Remember, they can go this sealed indictment route and we wouldn't even know. They could keep that indictment sealed until they're ready to unveil it and then drop that like a bomb on Brian Coberger. So it's certainly something to keep in mind. Do I think they're going to go that route. I'm not too sure, but certainly something that they can use, and certainly something that they do use in cases such as this. All right, folks, Well there it is a little bit of confirmation, at least according to the source from People Magazine about Brian Coberger following Madison, Zana and Kaylee on Instagram. If you'd like to contact me, you can do that at Bobby Kapuchi at ProtonMail dot com. That's bo bb Y c apu Cci at proton mail dot com. You can also find me on Twitter at bo bby underscore c ap use Cci. The link that I discussed can be found in the description box What's up everyone, and welcome back to the program. Sources are reporting to People Magazine that there has been confirmation that Brian Coberger was trying to contact one of the roommates via Instagram. Now, for me, that certainly tracks considering we've talked about how Brian Coberger was following Maddie and kay Lee on Instagram according to those early Brian Koberger social media accounts before it became you know, a story that blew up, the account that was registered to Brian Coberger certainly showed that it was following Kaylee and Madison. So getting this information from a source really doesn't sound like it's that far fetch, to be honest with you. Now, of course, keep in mind that this information is from an unnamed source, but a lot of times what you'll see is people who have worked close to the case who might not be working on it anymore. Well, they might have a few things to say as far as being an anonymous source for the media, and we've seen that in several different cases. We've seen it down in Delphi as well. It was a source who told us about Keegan Klein, about the search of the Wilbash River, and about some of the other stuff that was going on behind the scenes. So I would definitely expect some leaks in this case as well. Now, are they going to come fast and furious? I doubt it, but according to this source, Brian Coohberger sent a DM or multiple dms to at least one of these roommates leading up to the days that they were murdered. So let's dive into this article from Daily Mail and let's see exactly what's going on headline. Idaho murder suspect Brian Cohberger is accused of messaging female victim on Instagram weeks before killings and pestered her with more dms when he didn't get her reply. This article was authored by Hope Sloop. Idaho murder suspect Brian Coberger allegedly messaged one of the female victims weeks before the quadruples slaying and sent more direct messages after she ignored him speaking with people. One police source said Coburger twenty eight reached out to one of the four University of Idaho's students slain over Instagram repeatedly in an attempt to get her attention. And now again, folks, look, this is coming from an anonymous source, so it's not like it is concrete evidence this definitely happened. But in my experience, usually when you hear a source like this or information that's coming from a source that says they're close to what's going on, chances are you're gonna get some good information. Now does that mean it's always going to be spot on? Of course not, But with all of the other stuff that we know, and the fact that Coburger was following them on Instagram, it would make sense that he tries to get their attention. Right now, I guess you can make the counter argument that if he planned on hurting them, he would never reach out to them and leave that evidence of contact between the two. But after we saw the crime scene in Moscow and all of the evidence left there, I guess it wouldn't be too surprising to see digital footprints of evidence as well. He slid into one of the girls dms several times, but she didn't respond. The source told people basically it was just him saying, hey, how are you? But he did it again and again, and now could that have enraged him more and led him to carry out whatever fucked up fantasy he was harboring.
Speaker 2: Who knows, But if this source is to be believed.
Speaker 1: Then this is another tie that binds right another one of those foundational blocks that we were talking about. It is unknown at this time, which student Coburger sent Instagram messages to, or who the investigator familiar with the cases that spoke to the magazine. The source also didn't say whether the woman Coburger allegedly messaged deliberately ignored him, or if the message he sent went into her requested folder from people she wasn't friends with. Those messages don't appear as alerts and are harder to see. So I'm sure most of you are familiar with how that works, right, Somebody that you're not friends with or whatever on Instagram sends you a message, it goes to that request folder, And most of us, well people like me anyway, who hardly use social.
Speaker 2: Media, I very rarely checked that.
Speaker 1: But you would think that somebody who's on social media all the time, like college kids are, that they would check that folder, right, I mean, you would think it would make sense. So if so and she did check it, did she leave it on red and just not respond? Very possible. Idaho victim Kelley Gonsalves is said to have complained of a stalker in the run up to the killings, but it's unclear if there's any link between this and or murder. And you know, We've talked a lot about Kaylee being the intended target, and I'll tell you, the more I think about it, the more I have to say that it's possible that it was Madison and not kay Lee. With Kaylee not living there anymore? Did he not think that she was gonna be there when he went there that night? And then again I flip back and forth and say to myself, well, he was casing the joint out, wouldn't he have known. So it's one of those cases where it's very, very difficult to really put your finger on what went down, or what would motivate something like this to go down, or who even the intended target was. So with so many unknowns, all were left with are the few pieces that have been left here on the puzzle board. Coburger, a PhD criminology student at Washington State University, was arrested at his family home in all Brightsville, Pennsylvania, on December thirtieth. He has maintained his innocence in the stabbings of Kaylee Gonsalvez, Madison Mogan, Ethan Chapin, and Xana Kernodle.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: One local law enforcement official close to the case says the evidence against Coburger is continuing to pile up.
Speaker 2: No shit.
Speaker 1: I mean, did people really think that they didn't have a ton of evidence behind the scenes.
Speaker 2: Once we saw that probable.
Speaker 1: Cause, Avid David, I knew right away that old boy was up against it. You don't have that kind of strong evidence in and a probable cause, Avid David very often. And when you see that kind of language, the strong language, the evidence that was presented, you know they're working with something behind the scenes that's going to be devastating for the accused. And I have no doubt that that is Brian Coberger's future for sure. The Instagram account in question was viewed by people prior to having been taken down. Colberger allegedly followed Mogan, Gonsalvez and kern Odle. He did not publicly interact with their accounts otherwise, the outlet states. In alleged messages sent from the now deleted Instagram, Coburger appeared to be hoping to get the attention of the victim he was targeting. Now, I wasn't sure that he was following Xana. I didn't see that with my own eyes, but I did see that he was following Kaylee and he was following Madison for sure. And I've talked about that previously, and when he was first arrested and we were talking about it, and I saw that. I knew that it would be significant down the road. When they kept building this profile of them and they continued with the foundational blocks, Eventually they'll get to a point where they're really diving in. And I'm guessing that's what's going on right now as we speak up in Moscow and in these crime labs. The victim, whose identity has not been confirmed, did not respond to the messages for unknown reasons. The official who spoke with people, however, asserted the victim may have completely missed them. She may not have seen them because she went into message requests, the source said of the messages. The dms were allegedly sent in October, just weeks before the November thirteenth murders, So look make of that what you will. I don't know what Brian Kolberger was thinking. I don't know if he was offended. I don't know if he was mad that nobody responded to him when he sent these dms?
Speaker 2: Allegedly?
Speaker 1: Could that have been the catalyst that got things going? When a person who an Instagram user does not follow back attempts to send a message, it goes to a designated folder called message requests. These requests are located in a different place than typical messages. The investigators said they are still trying to determine how aware the victims were of his existence. Yeah, that's going to be the million dollar question right now for the investigators. And if they can see that he had sent them a bunch of messages and they read them and they never responded, you can certainly make the case that maybe this is the stalker that Kaylee was talking about. So that's certainly something we have to keep in mind as well, because if you look at the dates October, just weeks before the November thirteenth murders, we know that Kaylee was complaining about a stalker for weeks, right at least that's what we have heard, So it certainly makes sense as far as the timeline goes. It's possible Coburger may have become upset by the lack of response, but that is just a theory of many presented by those who have been following the case. The investigator who spoke with people said there's no indication of that. However, there's no indication that he was getting frustrated with their lack of response. The source said, well, just because there's no indication of that doesn't mean he wasn't bubbling under the surface. People like this, they're able to hide that rage, right. They have two different faces. The face that they wear out in public when they're standing next to you and your family in line at the movies, and then the face that they wear when they're murdering four people while they're in their bedrooms. Even without the indication of frustration, the source that Coburger was definitely persistent in the messages to the University of Idaho's student, though it has not been confirmed by police. Daily mail dot Com in December reported that Gonsalves in the weeks leading up to her death would beg friends to walk closely behind her at all times out of fear of a stalker who would follow her around town. It is still unknown if Gonsalves was the one who Coburger messaged, or if he had stalked her in any capacity. A motive in the case has yet to be formally shared by Moscow, Idaho police. So again, folks, look I don't know what happened here, and I haven't seen these dms with my own eyes, so I can't say to you for sure that those dms even happened.
Speaker 2: But according to this.
Speaker 1: Source, they say that Coburger was dming at least one of these girls. Then you hear that Kaylee had this stalker, and things start to fall into place, right again, all circumstantial. But when you have this kind of circumstantial evidence and it adds up in the abundance that we have seen, well, a whole ass picture in HD starts to emerge. One of the surviving roommates, who was in the house on the night of the murders, told police she saw a figure clad in black clothing and a mask walking past her as they as they left the crime scene. According to the Probable Cause AFFI David, a knife sheath was recovered from the scene and tested against Coburger's father's DNA, which linked the Washington State University student. The crime investigators also traced his cell phone pings to a nearby tower in the weeks leading up to the brutal stabbings. However, some experts have noted that the proximity of Coburger's school to the off campus home where the victims lived as an explanation for the pings.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's great.
Speaker 1: You can offer that up until you're blue in the face to the public, and you can make that case. But guess what, it's a whole different story when you're sitting in front of a jury and you have to make the case that he wasn't stalking them, or he wasn't the person who did this, when all of the evidence is telling a completely different story. Moscow isn't so far away from Washington State University, so it would be natural that there would be some of those towers that might ping, said David Wilson, a professor of criminology. There are just eight miles between Washington State Universities campus and Pullman, where Coburger studied, and Moscow, Idaho, where the murders took place. There will be a defense, Wilson stead of the defense. Coberger has not entered a plea, but he said he is eager to be exonerated. His next hearing is scheduled in June. He is also facing one count of felony burglary, and I wouldn't be shocked to see a superseded indictment at some point with them adding more charges depending on what else they find, because that's certainly something that is in their toolbox. They can supersede the indictment, add more charges and go from there if they find evidence of other crimes. So it's certainly something that might happen, all right, folks. So that should get us up to date on what's going on as far as the DM situation and with the alleged messaging by Brian Cohberger to at least one of the roommates that was murdered on November thirteenth. If you'd like to contact me, you can do that at Bobby Capucci at ProtonMail dot com. That's bobbycapu cc at proton mail dot com. You can also find me on Twitter at b O B B Y underscore c A p U C C I. The link that I discussed can be found in the description box.