Speaker 1: Hello, and welcome to Quiz Quiz, Bang Bang, the pub quiz practice show that hits you pea oo right in the quizzer. I'm Annie Flora, I'm David Flora, and we're here to teach you more about trivia than there are things that meat Loaf would do for love. And we also won't do that.
Speaker 2: That's uh, that's anything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we would do anything for trivia except for that. But what we will do is give a huge thank you to Kristen and her dad for giving us a tip on coffee. Thank you, Thank you, Christen says, my dad and I have listened to your podcast all over the world. In July, we drove from Portugal to Spain owning each other at trivia.
Speaker 2: Awesome. That sounds like a fantastic trip, super Jelly. Yeah me too, But thank you guys so much. Thanks for listening.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I hope you guys have fun owning each other in this episode. And speaking of this episode, let's dive right in. Here's how the show works.
Speaker 2: Wiz Quiz Bang Bang's format is four rounds of four questions, each followed by the answers. After round two, we'll ask a quick fire bang bang question where you'll have a time limit to give multiple answers. After the fourth round, the show culminates with the Big Bang, a final round with three questions, whose answers are all clues to one final question. Round one Question one, The category is Games and Hobbies. What do the numbers on the opposite sides of a die add up?
Speaker 1: To?
Speaker 2: Question two? Category television. Fleegal, Bingo, Drooper, and Snorky were collectively known as what on Saturday mornings from nineteen sixty eight to nineteen seventy. Question three, category history. The nineteen twenty one Treaty of Ankara aka the Ankara Agreement was between France and what other country? Question four category art. This one comes to us from major data figure Major, thank you, Major true in caustic art uses what animal product as a medium and in caustic is spelled e n c aus tic in caustic. And now the answers to round one. Question one, what did the numbers on the opposite sides of a die? I had up two seven. That's standard die making. It's always going to be a one on the top and a six on the bottom. Two on the top and a five on the bottom, et cetera. Which is only three and four four. Question two. Fleegal, Bingo, Drooper, and Snorky were collectively known as the Banana Splitz.
Speaker 1: Never heard of them, great names.
Speaker 2: I wonder it's not a cartoon. They're dressed up in big costumes. I don't know. It was that generations Teletubbies. Maybe they ran in syndication. They ran a lot longer till like nineteen eighty two or something, I think, but it was a Saturday morning thing.
Speaker 1: That's fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Question three. Then twenty one treaty a Mankara was between France and what other country? Turkey. The treaty changed the Syria Turkey border to the benefit of Turkey. H Question four. True in caustic art uses what animal product as a medium? Bees wax.
Speaker 1: That's interesting. I'd like to see that round two. Question five the category is music. She's into Superstitions are the opening words to what Hit Song? Question six. The category is musical theater which Andrew Lloyd Webber and Tim Rice Musical could not get back for a stage production, so was released as a concept album whose success led to a Broadway and West End run. Question seven. The category is geography. This question comes from listener Bobby thank you, Bobby, Hey Bobby. The Bay of Biscay borders which two countries? Question eight? The category is pop culture. Tartar Sauce was the real name of which famous internet cat? And now the answers to round two. Question five, She's into superstitions are the opening words to what hit song? Well's Ricky Martin and it is she bangs? Question six? Which Andrew Lloyd Webber and Tim Rice musical started out as a record Jesus Christ Superstar. Question seven. The Bay of Biscay borders which two countries? Spain and France. Of course, Question eight, Tartar Sauce was the real name of which famous internet cat grumpy Cat.
Speaker 2: That's it for the first half. That means it's time for the Bang Bang Round. The category for this week's Bang Bang Round is Sports. You will have thirty seconds to give as many answers as you can to the following. There are six teams from the Big Four that's MLB, NFL, NBA, and NHL that share the same nickname. For example, if you had a team named the Boise Hot Spurs and the Edmonton Hot Spurs, they share the same nickname. Six teams from the Big Four or name them. Your time starts now, and that's time.
Speaker 1: The six teams from the Big Four that's share the same nickname are Cardinals. They're both in the MLB and NFL. Giants same thing both in MLB and NFL, Rangers MLB and HL, Kings NBA and NHL, Panthers NFL and NHL, and Jets NFL NHL.
Speaker 2: That one's a pretty standard trivia fair thing. You might come across it in pub trivia. Heck, we might have done it back in our early days. Round three. Question nine. The category is history out of the nineteen fifties, nineteen sixties, and nineteen seventies, which decade was the longest. Question ten Category folklore. An old wives tale holds that which type of berry can cause birthmarks when eaten by a pregnant woman? Question eleven, Category cinemash. This will be a mashup of a TV show and food, but not a before and after like tasty licks. For example, if I said, when a simple jewelry heist goes horribly wrong, the colorful surviving criminals begin to eat this American baseball park staple, the answer would be reservoir hot dogs. Here we go. A professional writer rolled rice and fish in seaweed, chef and amateur sleuth uses her intellect, charm and persistence to solve crimes and serve seafood in Cabot Cove, Maine. Question twelve, Category Food and Drink. Which American beer hails itself the king of beers? And now the answer is to round three. Question nine, Out of the fifties, sixties, and seventies, which decade was the longest? Twas the sixties. You had three leap years in that decade in nineteen sixty, nineteen sixty four, and sixty eight, so a total of three thousand, six hundred and fifty two days as opposed to three thousand, six hundred and fifty one of the other two decades. Question ten. An old wives tale holds that which type of berry can cause birth marks? When eaten by a pregnant woman, strawberry bebe will be born with boyth marks. That has been debunked.
Speaker 1: Oh Shucking.
Speaker 2: Question eleven. A professional writer rolled rice and fish in seaweed. Chef and amateur sleuth uses her intellect, charm and persistence to solve crimes and serve seafood in Cabot Cove, Maine. That would be murder, soho, she wrote, I'd watch that. Question twelve. Which American beer hells itself as the King of Bears Budweiser?
Speaker 1: Round four? Question thirteen. The category is geography and language. This question comes from Vincent from London.
Speaker 2: Thank you, vincenty Vincent.
Speaker 1: There are only two countries in the world that have the letters W and I consecutively in their name? What are they? Question four? The category is animals in language. What does it mean when an animal is oviparous? That's ovipa rus? Question fifteen. The category is architecture in language. What is a style or movement which emerged in the nineteen sixties as a reaction against the austerity, formality and lack of variety of the current architecture of the time? Question sixteen. The category is language in the English alphabet? What is the most recent letter to join and now? The answer is to round four Question thirteen. There are only two countries in the world that have the letters W and I consecutively in their name. What are they? That's Switzerland and Malawi? Question fourteen. What does it mean when an animal is oviparous? Their babies develop in eggs, So, for example, birds or for creepy example spiders. Question fifteen, what is a style or movement which emerged in the nineteen sixties as a reaction against the austerity, formality and lack of variety of the architecture of that time. Well, it was the modern architecture that they didn't like, so this is post modern architecture. And question sixteen In the English alphabet, what is the most recent letter to join JA? In fifteen twenty four, JAY was added to the English alphabet. Initially, I was considered the same as the letter J, although the sounds were different. They were separated only after gian Giorgio Trisino, an Italian grammarian, argued for them to be Yeah. They say that in early editions of Romeo and Juliet, it was Romeo and Juliet.
Speaker 2: But then Latin Jehovah begins with an eye. That's it for the regular rounds. That means it's time for the Big Bang Round. The category for this week's Big Bang Round is Film. We're going to ask you three questions whose answers are all cluesed the final questions answer. Keep in mind the three clue questions may not be from the same category as the final one.
Speaker 1: Question one, which actor won a nineteen ninety five MTV Movie Award for Best Kiss, which he shared with Lauren Holly.
Speaker 2: Question two. While not designated as such at the time, some Talent Search, Home Improvement, and Court TV shows have been retroactively classified as what genre.
Speaker 1: Question three. The set of proposals put forward to Congress in nineteen forty five to continue the legacy of FDR's policies were known by what two word term.
Speaker 2: And finally, your Big Bang question again, the category is film. The motto on the double archway in the Sea Haven Town Center unus pro omnibus omnes pro uno is the fitting premise of which nineteen ninety eight film.
Speaker 1: And now the answers do the Big Bang round Question one, which actor won a nineteen ninety five MTV Movie Award for Best Kiss, which he shared with Lauren Holly Jim Carrie.
Speaker 2: Question two. While not designated as such at the time, some Talent Search, Home Improvement, and Court TV shows have been retroactively classified as what genre reality.
Speaker 1: Question three. The set up proposals put forward to Congress in nineteen forty five to continue the legacy of FDR's policies were known by what two word term fair Deal.
Speaker 2: And finally, the motto on the double archway in the Sea Haven Town Center Unas pro omnibus omnus pro uno is the fitting premise of which nineteen ninety eight film sharing a name with the architect of the Fair Deal. It's the satirical reality TV film starring Jim Carrey The Truman Show. UNA's pro omnibus omnus pro uno. One for all, all for one.
Speaker 1: Because they're all there for true, they're.
Speaker 2: All there for him, they're all actors. There's a lot of fun trivia about the movie and stuff, pretty fun little easter egg in it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I don't think i've seen it since it came out, but I remember really liking it and thinking it was a great concept and well executed and a good cast.
Speaker 2: It was. The director was nominated for Best Director, but the film was not nominated for Best Film.
Speaker 1: Best Picture, probably because it had comedy in it.
Speaker 2: Maybe people were just starting to take him seriously as an actor, I think, because you know, he'd done great comedies up until then. But Jim Carrey's got great range and it was a great fit for it. They considered Robin Williams for the part I think he would have been great in it too, Yeah, and several others. I think even Samuel L. Jackson was thrown out there. Ed Harris was way down the list of people to play that Christoph role. It's a really well done satire, I would say, and crazy that it hasn't been tried yet.
Speaker 1: That's true.
Speaker 2: It's sort of been, you know, hinted at here and there. There was that one show that had Marsden it James Marsden, but they had it was a whole fake setup. We might have talked about this before, a whole fake setup of a trial and this one random dude was a jury member and everybody else was an actor, and including James Marsden who was playing himself, and it was it was just hilarious. It was really well done.
Speaker 1: And yeah, it's called jury duty. And it worked so well because the guy that they got to be the unsuspecting real person was just a good guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, he was a good dude.
Speaker 1: He took up for people and took blame for stuff and and yeah it was very positive and just doing his best while everyone else was being kind of ridiculous.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, So anyways, fun times Truman Harry Truman wanted to continue the progressive policies of FDR's new Deal, and so that's why he termed it the fair Deal that makes sense and Fairdeal had some good ideas in there. Anyways, if you'd like to be a superstar like Kristen and her Dad, you can support us on coffee that's kodash Fi dot com slash quiz bang Pod. We appreciate all the support there, as well as Patreon. At patreon dot com slash quiz bang you can sign up to get an extree episode a month on a theme.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank you all your patrons, you're the best.
Speaker 2: Thanks to our patrons, and thank you for listening for this episode of quiz Quiz Bang Bang. I have been David Flora.
Speaker 1: I've been Andi Flora just looking at you, quiz. So their career is kind of interesting. You know, they're well known, but when they started out, the first job they could ever get was some headmaster of a Catholic school or whatever hired them. And that's how Joseph and the Technicolor Dream Coate was written. So it was written not for a big thing. And then they got back or somehow to get to an opportunity to write, and so they write Jesus Christ Superstar and they're like, yay, we did it. We wrote this musical. And then nobody wanted to put it on as a production, so they made it as a record. The record was a huge hit, and then and then it was.
Speaker 2: The longest running musical until Kiettes on the West End. I should say Bud Wiser, Well, I didn't vote for.
Speaker 1: Him, because you usually vote for your kings.
Speaker 2: You don't vote for King Monty Python, Supreme execut of beer power lies in a mandate from the masses, not for some farcical aquatic ceremony.