Speaker 1: I'm planning oiling around. This is the seventy seven WABC Mini Cast. My next guest is a longtime friend. He is the founder and the ce former CEO of the Illinois Policy Institute, which was one of the leading state think tanks in the country promoting proeconomic growth policies. He has a new project, among many that he works on that I've gotten so excited about. I became a member of his advisory board. It's called the Hall of Giants, and this is going to be well. John will describe it. But I've always believed that we do not celebrate the great entrepreneurs of this country, from Ben Franklin through Henry Ford to John d. Rockefeller to Bill Gates to now Elon Musk, the people who have built this country and made it great. And John wants to start a new program that he's going to tell you about. So John, thanks so much for a winning.
Speaker 2: Steve great to be with you, and everybody should sign up for the Daily Update of Unleashed Prosperity because it's a must read. Every morning. You get the best stuff there.
Speaker 1: I know you read it, so thank you very much. We get a lot of smart people read it. Folks so you should be reading it too. Okay, So you called me, I don't know, three to six months ago and told me about this new project. I've always been one who has been so I've talked about this all the time on my show. This whole idea of this mythology that's in all the history books of the Robber Bearns, that people built the railroads and built the steel plants and the coal mines and the automobiles and the technology industry have been denigrated as villains, when of course they are some of the greatest people and so much of the invention in innovation came from the United States. We should celebrate these people, and you want to do exactly that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's kind of amazing, Steve, when you think about it. We have a Hall of fame for just about everything, every sport you can think of, baseball, football, basketball, swimming, of fames for burlesque dancers, tow truck drivers, and just about everything. But there is no hall of fame celebrating America's great entrepreneurs who've made their lives better and the.
Speaker 1: Unformunate Joan, I mean, the Smithsonian Institute does not have a Hall of Giants for the for the great entrepreneurs incredible.
Speaker 2: No, they actually don't, and in fact, they denigrate them. And that's one of the things that's one of the inspirations for this is people denigrating success. It's denigrating merit. And let's just remember Steve. I know you know this, but let's just repeat it because it needs repeating in society. Is the way the Steve Jobs or Elon Musk or Henry Ford or Cornelo Svanderbilt, the way they became successful was by serving other people. Well, nobody held a gun to their customer's head. They put a product out there or a service out there and said, here's my product or service. If you give me some money, I'll give you this great train ride. I'll give you a steamship ride. I'll give you perising to light your home instead of expensive candles or whale oil which is really tough on the whales and the and the people said, yeah, I like these services you're providing me, and I'll give you money for that. And the miracle of America, and I do think America is a miracle, is that we believe in persuasion and consent, and we are entrepreneurs put products and services out there and they persuade people that hey, I've got a really really good table or glassware or cutlery, or a new app on your phone that I think you might like, and if you like it, you choose to use it. And persuasion works, and consent is the way is the currency of it, and then they become successful. You know, everybody loves the entrepreneurs steve when they're mortgage to the hilt. They're in their base and not wonder they're going to make their next mortgage payment or the next payroll. But God forbid you make it to the penthouse and you're flying out of private jat. You've become an enemy to people, and this is wrong. We should celebrate the success of these folks. And many of them fail niney times before they have successful and some who do achieve the penthouse go backwards and have failures, and we should celebrate the journey of the entrepreneurial matter where they are on journey.
Speaker 1: That's true. So the statistics show very clearly they're about one out of three or one out of four businesses that are started fail. I've I've started businesses that have failed too, and it's it's not it's a it's a terrible feeling when you put your life into something that doesn't work. But those are the people who really, you know, if if weren't for the entrepreneurs, we would not be a rich country. And and so this is very important, folks. I mean, now, Ben Ben frank are you going to go all the way back to the beginning of our country and talk about the Ben Franklins and all the way through the you know, the Steve Jobs and the you know, Elon Musk. It's a whole history of the great entrepreneurs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly what we're going to do. We're going to use seventeen seventy six of kind of our demarcation line, and we're going to celebrate Ben Franklin and Sam Adams and all the rest of them for that gred time. Paul Revere was a great entrepreneur. Even George Washington was a great entrepreneur. One of my favorite subject matters.
Speaker 1: Who was the one John who was who is the one I've been blanking on his name? Who was essentially financed the re Solutionary War Bank.
Speaker 2: My god, I know exactly who you're talking.
Speaker 1: I'm going to look that up. I'm going to have any Could you look that up for us, because people said, oh, he's a Robert Berry, he's a profiteer. He wasn't a war profiteer. We wouldn't have won the Revolutionary War without him. So we're going to look up. But anyway, I'm sorry he did interrupt you.
Speaker 2: No, No, it's great. So we're building a twentre and fifty thousand square foot facility. We're down to five Morris.
Speaker 1: Robert Morris.
Speaker 2: That's it, Robert Morris. We would not have America if not for Robert Morris, and Robert Morris would not have had the money to finance the revolution, if not for the fact that he built businesses that serve people well, one of the lost aspects of the revolutions.
Speaker 1: I want to make sure that John, in fact, that you add Robert Morris to your list of great American entrepreneurs. Okay, oh, he will.
Speaker 2: Be on our list. We have a whole exhibit dedicated to the founders because we think I think that the founding of this country is one of the great entrepreneurial efforts in the history of the world, and all think about it was entrepreneur burial to create a country where you own the right to your labor. The hidden point of the founding is in why seventeen seventy six is so important, is what had happened in the colonies where they had their They're operating somewhat independently of the Crown in Great Britain, they controlled and owned their labor. The colonies were richer than Great Britain was the average people in America had more wealth and more personal prosperity than the people in Great Britain where the crown, where the Imperial city was in London. And that's why they wanted their independence, because the Crown was trying to take away their right to the fruits of their labor. And that's what this country was founded on, is that you, as an individual should have the right to the fruits of your labor. That's the essence of the founding, and so had been so miraculous.
Speaker 1: We only have a couple of minutes left, so quick first, you know, and by the way, we're going to have John on pretty regularly on the show to give us updates at what's going on. So basically, this is going to be a sort of a museum that you're going to build. It will be in Orlando, and how do people find out more information about the Hall of Giants.
Speaker 2: Hallogiants dot org is our website. We're down to five cities where in the next few months we're going to make a decision Orlando, Miami, Atlanta, Nashville, and Dallas Fort Worth where in the southern state visits. Also, we want to have a Frankly, we do want to have a place where there's a friendly climate from a.
Speaker 1: Head yes, exactly, a good.
Speaker 2: Tourism fine tel and we want to have outdoor warm weather most of the year. And so looking at all those locations and I'll come back and tell you when we finally make the decisions to where we're going to go.
Speaker 1: And so do you Go to Hallogiants dot com.
Speaker 2: Dot org, Hallgiants dot org and you can sign up. If people want to become a founding giant, it can learn how to do that and become part of the team that builds one of the great new American institutions. There'll be a hybrid s feed between a hall of fame, a museum, and an amusement park. We're going to have great rides, there will be highly entertain entertaining and tell you the story of how we built all the amazing things from railroads to cars and gennaplanes and rocket ships that land.
Speaker 1: And oh I love it. I love it well, John, this is the stuff that is not taught in our schools. It's a shame, isn't it. And so go to Hall of Giants dot com, folks, sign up, and come dot org dot org and get get involved, folks. Okay, we got to take a break, John, I want you on in the next couple of weeks to keep giving us updates. This is the More Money Show and we'll be right back