Speaker 1: You're on Night Side with Ray on WBZ, Boston's news radio seven.
Speaker 2: Fried Rock and Roll on the Rock in ten thirty WBZ. How about that Gary tangerine for Dan Ray? This is nights Side. I don't think Dan's ever played Leonard Skinner before, just I don't know just the guests. But that brings us to our next topic. I couldn't believe it when I read this. This was in the Globe, the new target demographic for beauty for foodies.
Speaker 3: So Duncan Donuts, which we all.
Speaker 2: Know, we all love. I go to Duncan every day. You'd do it, We'd do it. You'd give Duncan gift cards. I know that now they're called Duncan, but it'll.
Speaker 3: Be Dunkin Donuts to me. I'm sorry. I know they have the new thing, Duncan. Fine.
Speaker 2: I mean the first time I went to Dunkin Donuts was in Lewiston, Maine. The the Dunkin Donuts was across the street from Central Maine Medical Center in Lewiston, right.
Speaker 3: I don't know what was this Sabatta Street. I think.
Speaker 2: It was up the road from a scummy old strip joint named the Holly that we all went to before we turned eighteen. But that's another story for another time. Okay, it was called be Jolly at the Holly. What a slogan. I hope they didn't pay a lot of money for that one. But anyways, up the road and on the right was the Dunkin Donuts and if you went in and got coffee, they didn't there were the this is how old I am.
Speaker 3: They didn't have to go cups.
Speaker 2: They just had the regular cup, ceramic cup, go to f a ceramic cup, and then you could get a dozen donuts. And that was the big thing because we lived an hour away. So you go in and you know, if you were in Lewiston for a dentist appointment or a doctor's appointment, or maybe you just went shot, and you'd always get a dozen Dunkin Donuts.
Speaker 3: That was a big deal.
Speaker 2: So now, as we have seen over the years, America runs on duncan, which the Tangoe House certainly does. I mean they got eight sandwiches and roll ups and this and that and all kinds of you know, smoothies and slushies and you name it. I get confused, quite frankly with the menus when I go in. I'm real simple, you know, medium black almond milk, and yeah, I'm doing the almond milk, which is probably a little.
Speaker 3: Yuppie, but money in it or I don't even know if that's a word anymore.
Speaker 2: So now you could smell like Dunkin Donuts if you want so maybe if you're a significant other, I know it's somebody if you put on a fragrance like for a date, is somebody gonna get horny? If you wear a strawberry frosted cologne? I mean, let's face it, guys, we know this. I do know in all my failures prior to finding my lovely wife. Smell for women is huge.
Speaker 3: Huge.
Speaker 2: It can mean more than the car you drive. It can mean more than how much money you got in the wallet. It can mean more how you look. Smell when women is huge. So if you are on a date and you're hoping you get lucky, are you gonna wear strawberry frosted? Are you gonna wear blueberry cobbler? Would you want to go around?
Speaker 3: If what would smell? Would you want to be?
Speaker 2: If you could be the smell of a food at six, one, seven, two, five, four, ten thirty, what smell would you be I'm gonna tell your mind. Coming up, you could smell like vanilla sprinkle. This reminds me of like the Yankee candles. My daughter the other day brought home a candle called the flavor was vanilla cupcake. So you're gonna fell you're gonna smell like a vanilla's wrinkled donut from Dunkin Donuts, or blueberry cobbler, or of course, the legendary Boston cream Pie. I mean, I gotta, I just I gotta try that to see if missus Tangle would ever care for it like me smelling like Boston cream pie. A Dove has crumble cookie you can get. Dovebar smells you can get. You could smell like a crumble cookie if you want. You could smell like confetti cake.
Speaker 3: Crumbled.
Speaker 2: I don't understand the whole crumble cookie theory. Okay, my kids are all about it. So I'm going to this store that has great cookies. But the reason I buy them is because they smash them up. What a country. So I'm gonna go in and I'm gonna pay because they're not cheap. I'm gonna go and buy more crust. I'm gonna buy crumb cookies pay a premium price because they're broken.
Speaker 3: Up in pieces.
Speaker 2: Let's go to Linda. Maybe Linda's got something to add to this. Hey Linda, you're on WBZ. Oh maybe I don't have it ready yet. Oh she dropped out. Sorry, lend a call back if you'd liked it.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: Oh, but Chipotle. Chipotle has burrito proof lipstain. I don't get that burrito proof lipstain. So does that mean I have lip I put on lip gloss or something. And if I eat a burrito, that means my lips won't get stayed with the burrito. And I love Chipotle. Man, I could my kids, Ugh, door dash Chipotle. It's like there's a steady thing to my house. I'm like, you have licenses. You can't get your ass in a car and drive five minutes down the road to go to Chipotle.
Speaker 3: You can't do that when you look at what it costs to deliver.
Speaker 2: Get off your ass, get out of bed, Go in the car that I bought you, Go to Chipotle. Buy the Chipotle on the credit card I've given you. You know the anty pretzels that they have in the they have them in the like malls. I've never been like those pretzel bites that you can dick them in the frosting and stuff.
Speaker 3: You can get that too.
Speaker 2: You could smell like an ot anti pretzel and it's called They have a name for it. It's called the ou de pretzide. You have to say it so it rolls off your tongue. Depress. I want the prezzi.
Speaker 3: I don't know, man, I don't think I'm gutting. I don't think I'm getting lucky smelling like a pretzel. It's just me. But isn't that?
Speaker 2: I mean, that's why guys wear cologne, right, See here's the difference. Guys wear cologne for women so they will get women to like them. I think girls were perfume. I don't know why girls were perfume or women? I should say, do they?
Speaker 3: I mean women?
Speaker 2: When it comes to relationships, women rule the world anyways. I've told that to my son. They pick you, you do not pick them. My wife picked me, She just lets me think I picked her. Women pick men in every relationship.
Speaker 3: Period.
Speaker 2: If you're a woman, do you wear perfume to attract men? I mean, if you're a guy, you wear cologne to attract women. There's no doubt about it or significant or whatever. I mean, if you're gay the same sex whatever I mean. You know, maybe Florence and Groveland can help me out with this. Hey, Florence, you're up on wbz's night side.
Speaker 4: Hi, Gary Hike, We make this friendly Friday night. I only wear when it comes to perfume, since I was old enough to wear perfume. Only weigh of one kind. And it's Cody's ever and it's wonderful. It's just a wonderful scent to it.
Speaker 3: What's it smell like? What's it smell like?
Speaker 4: It's not overbearing? Gosh, I don't know. It just smells delightful.
Speaker 3: Does it get the guy's motor running?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 4: Well, I think my husband liked to back then. He's deceased now, but I think that was because that was all I ever wore.
Speaker 3: Somebody answers something when you wore when you wore that perfume? What was your husband's name, Bill? Bill? When you wore that perfume for Bill?
Speaker 2: Did you wear Did you wear it for him thinking that I want to be I want to smell sexy and attractive for Bill? Or did you just feel it was something that a woman should wear.
Speaker 4: I wore it for me because I liked it.
Speaker 2: Were for you because I don't think guys wear cologne for them.
Speaker 3: They do it because they want women.
Speaker 4: To like them, right. And it comes to a food. If I had to smell like a food, and not a lot of people like this scent. But I like lemon. Okay, that's a good one, now, bit Tangy, and my favorite, well favorite pie is lemon Marne.
Speaker 3: I was just going to ask you that, Florence. Would you say you have a town personality?
Speaker 4: Possibly?
Speaker 3: There you go. I like that.
Speaker 4: And the thing is, I love lemon everything. If it's a lemon cookie or a limon cake or whatever it is, Lemon in your tea, lemon in my tea.
Speaker 3: You're You're just like missus Tanguy. She loves lemon. Florence. Have a happy holiday. Thanks for the phone call.
Speaker 4: Thank you, gart you have goodness. Bye bye.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm gonna tell you coming up next what I would smell like and if you guys have any ideas on this. Oh, there's one other perfume I left out. Why anybody would want to wear this perfume is beyond me.
Speaker 3: I will tell you what that perfume is. Next here we're on WBZI.
Speaker 1: Now back to Dan Ray live from the Window World Nightside Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 2: Okay, we're gonna do some holiday movies, the worst ones coming up with Boston Globe film critic Odie Henderson here in WBZ. And I've watched a couple of things. I want to talk about The Diplomat, which I just finished season two, in Conclave, which I watched this afternoon, and my wife, who has a real job for a living, is like, really, you're watching a movie. I go, it's research, honey, I got to do a show tonight. It's research talking about Conclave, which is crazy. So we're going to talk about that along with holiday movies with Odie Henderson. Six one seven two Crazy deodorants smelling like food?
Speaker 3: What is David in San Francisco's Day? David, You're on WBZ, Hey.
Speaker 6: Gary, Well on the you Swiss subjects here. But I don't know. I'm surprised that people don't know why men men wear colorn and women wear perfume. I mean, it's it's kind of obvious why they're covering up other smells.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but that's deodorant, not perfume.
Speaker 6: Well, no, thet I mean perfume more.
Speaker 3: It's the same way, you know, But I mean no, see like, no, I don't I don't know. I mean, I know we're not we're not debating a world issue here.
Speaker 2: But like I put on deodorant in the morning because I because I don't want to.
Speaker 3: I just don't want to stink. My wife will like kill me.
Speaker 2: But I don't put on cologne because I've been married for twenty four years and well you know how that goes, you.
Speaker 6: Know, Well, I think women put on the perfume to cover up that other smell and then put on the the cologne too, you know, to get the ceremonies going on. You know, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Day that is above my pay grade. I don't know, buddy, But thank you for the phone call.
Speaker 6: I appreciate your.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know about that.
Speaker 2: I mean, I can't I can't speak for women, buddy. I appreciate you. Have a good holiday, all right, I do. I think I've told the story before. I did have a friend in college. I'll just say Hodgi is nickname. We were freshmen, and he did not think women passed gas. He did not think women farted. He was like, my mother does not fart. I go, I hate to tell you a bell, my sister does not fart. I go, you know what? Yeah, they do. And he was blown away. I was like, do you I said to him, I go, do you know how like babies a maid and stuff? I mean he was literally shocked. Good guy. Though, you can wear a perfume or a cologne that smells like Helman's mayonnaise. Why the why would anybody want to wear this? I want to smell like a sandwich, I know, sitting in somebody an am or amy. Why would I want to smell like Helman's mayonnaise. You can buy the you can buy it. See if you wore Helman's. Okay, if you're a woman and say, for whatever reason back in the game that say my wife wears helmets, she goes, she's gonna throw some helmets perfume. That wouldn't make me attracted to her, That would just make me hungry. I just can't believe that this stuff is out there.
Speaker 3: Now, Well, what I do.
Speaker 2: I would have I would wear a cologne with snake like a steak and cheese.
Speaker 3: That's what I would do. I would wear if I had to pick up food. I would wear a colone like a steak and cheese. Apple pie ala mode wouldn't be bad. I think that actually might be attractive to some women. Apple pie ala mode. What smells better than apple pie? A la mode? That could work. I'm a huge butterscotch fan.
Speaker 2: Missus Tangler came home and she had a butter She had a butterscotch perfume on.
Speaker 3: Katie bar.
Speaker 2: The door man, look out, let's are we going to the Maritimes. Let's go to Daryl and New Brunswick. Are we in the Maritimes?
Speaker 5: Darryl Uh? You bet you?
Speaker 3: What's up? What's going on up there?
Speaker 5: Well, you guys are lighting the new tree there tonight, I guess so.
Speaker 3: Oh, I forgot exactly night.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm not sure, but it was on the news down here because I was listening to Boston earlier today. But you mentioned Hellman's mayonnais. Yes, if if it's in respect to a Turkey club host sandwich, no problem.
Speaker 3: So good Man with stuffing in cranberry sauce.
Speaker 5: Uh, well not the club hoost sandwich.
Speaker 3: Oh no, the clubhouse would be with the bacon, lettuce and tomato.
Speaker 5: You bet you? Yeah, yeah, yeah, Okay, so that wouldn't be a problem. But because sometimes the mayo goes bad, right.
Speaker 3: It can, it can, it can. But like I can't imagine, you know, I'm gonna I think I'm gonna buy it. This is what I'm gonna do. I'm not gonna tell my wife.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna buy the Helman's man in these cologne, and I'm gonna wear it and see if she notices it.
Speaker 5: Well, actually, make sure you're having a sandwich with Helmans too, just to see if you can see if it lingers all day?
Speaker 3: Do you have stock in Helmans buy? Any chance.
Speaker 5: We have Helmans down here yet?
Speaker 2: Okay, well there you go. I love New Brunswick. My mom's from Prince Edward Island. Love the Maritimes.
Speaker 3: Dude, Well you.
Speaker 5: Gotta stay warm, just like we're trying to.
Speaker 3: All right, take care, Darryl. Let's see you later, all right.
Speaker 2: So they have it, Yeah, crazy deodorant, strawberry. You can smell like a Dunkin donut. You can smell like a crumble cookie. You can smell like confetti cake. You can smell like Helmet's. You can smell like Helman's mayo. You can smell like an on Andy Pretzel, the O de Pretzel or Chipotle's got burrito proof lipstain? What will they think of next?
Speaker 3: Rob? What would you would you say you wanted to smell?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 3: What was your thing? Oh? Got it? Was that good? All right?
Speaker 2: Coming up, we are gonna talk some movies, Good Ones, Bad Ones. Boston Globe film critic Odie Henderson joins us. That's gonna come up in the next hour, and also Tony V will join us at eleven o'clock. Tony's a friend of mine. He's a comedian, and I'm gonna tell you right now, we're gonna have to. I'm gonna talk to Tony about the life of being a stand up comedian, just a life. He'll be funny, he'll be naturally funny and so forth. But this isn't I'm not expecting him to come on and like crack a bunch of jokes. But this guy's been doing it for a long time. And I do remember him when he was on an episode of Seinfeld and he boy did he look young. He was young.
Speaker 3: He had that curly hair, he had red rosy cheeks, and that might have been the makeup.
Speaker 2: But nonetheless, still going on and you know there has been a resurgence of stand up comedy because well, you know, I'm a member of SAD. When the Actors strike happened, the content was stand up comedy. And then Netflix has done a great job with it with Tom Sagora, Uh and all the There's so many great stand up comedy things now that are out there, you know, inderstand and Boston has just been this place that has put out legends like Tony and and Lenny Lenny Lenny Clock.
Speaker 3: Uh. He hasn't heard that enough.
Speaker 2: Also, my friend Sam Medler's a podcast. You gotta check that out up on iHeart Uh, Sam Mendler and all these guys talk about addictions. I mean, Donnie Gavin, Kenny Rogerson. I think I don't know if Tony's in that one or not, but I know Lenny's in it.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 3: I think Donnie Gavin's in it. No, Kenny Rogers, I think I don't know. I gotta I gotta be careful with that, uh. Sweeney, Steve Sweeney.
Speaker 2: But just comedy legends come out of the and Bill Burr right now is red hot. The funniest people in the world come out of Boston, and they say comedy comes from pain, so I don't know what that says about where we live. There's nothing better than a Boston comedian. They're really easy. Speaking of Dunkin Donuts, I was talking about Dunkin Donuts deodorance, how you could put on a deodorant smell like a Boston cream donut. I remember one time I ran into Stephen Wright in line at Dunkin Donuts. That's all I got. He didn't really say anything funny. I didn't bother the guy, you know, I didn't lie. I was like, hey, you're Stephen. He was just a line at Dunkin Donuts, just getting a coffee, two creams, two sugars regular whatever.
Speaker 3: All right, that's coming up in the next hour.
Speaker 2: Here on WBZ, Gary tang Way filling in it for Dan Ray on Night Side