Speaker 1: It's Dan Ray.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you Fay Boston.
Speaker 1: The Democrats are underway in Chicago, and we have a lot to talk about. And of course the Republicans had their convention earlier this well, actually in late late July, now that I think about it, Yeah, they were done in July. And the Democrats are just on day one right now. Hillary Clinton, a beloved.
Speaker 3: Figure within the Democratic Party, is is addressing the convention. So it's it's sort of ghosts of Democrat past and the Democrat that everyone wants to hear from. I won't speak, as I understanding, until Thursday night, although tonight President Biden will deliver his swan song. Interesting article by Maureen Daud in The.
Speaker 1: New York Times late last week, actually on Saturday. She starts off, we head to Chicago in a wave of euphoria, exuberance, exultation, excitement and even you might say ecstasy. It's going to be a glorious coronation, except that everyone's mad at one another. She goes on to to talk about how Joe Biden was done in and how that he's not happy. And again this is I woring down no fan of Donald Trump. She she quotes Trump in the article and talks about uh, Well Pelosi, Nancy Pelosi, and Barack Obama. This is where it gets kind of interesting. He says, the president already resented meaning the president meaning President Biden already resented Obama for shoving him aside for Hillary, and he even resented Hillary for squandering that opportunity and losing to trum And even this is Mareen Daoud, not me. Even though Obama tried to do everything quietly to protect his saintly status, Joe was furious that Obama was sidelining him twice Michelle's Obama's relationship with Biden soward when his family ostracized Hunter's first wife, Michelle's friend Kathleen. That's one reason the popular Michelle wasn't on the campaign trail for Biden. It gets into really deep stuff in the family here. Kamala can't be thrilled with Obama, Pelosi, and Schumer that Obama, Pelosi, and Schuma hesitated to endorse her because they wanted more moderate rivals to compete in an open mini primary. And Biden and Harris staffs are also TETCHI. I don't know exactly what she means by that word, as Kamala's lawyers layers on her own people. It's pretty Shakespearean. Biden still thinks he could have taken Trump, so how could he reconcile being shoved off the sled. On Wednesday, Ron Klain, Biden's longtime adviser, expressed to Inoson Cooper biden World's feelings about the Jacquarie heard round the world. I think it was unfortunate because I think the president had won the nomination fair and square. Fourteen million people had voted for him and the vice president as vice president. He added, I do think you know the president was pushed by public calls from elected officials for him to drop out, from donus calling for him to drop out, and I think that was wrong. Those who pushed out Biden should be proud they saved him and their party from a likely crushing defeat, letting Trump snake back in and soil democracy that would keep Biden off Rushmore. It's the headline is the Dems are delighted, but a coup is still a coup. So the Democrats gather in Chicago. The Harris campaign has slowly maturely emerging, and over the weekend. Over the weekend, Michelle Obama made some comments that Drew I thought some interesting raised eyebrows. This is the vice president talking about her economic plan. She miss reads or misspeaks the word gouging. She calls it gauging. So don't be upset. Don't be confused by that, Rob. This is cut one. This is the vice president over the weekend, talking in part about her economic plan. Here we go, Cut one.
Speaker 4: I will work to pass the first ever federal ban on price gauging on food. My plan will include new penalties for opportunistic companies that exploit crises and break the rules.
Speaker 1: That's a little vague. I would think a democratic commentator had his comment on that. And this is Chris Cuomo talking about the vice president's price gouging policy. This is cut number twenty.
Speaker 5: Please Rob, all right, So price gauging versus gouging.
Speaker 6: She made a mistake.
Speaker 1: We noted it.
Speaker 5: Second, going after corporations is popular. Doing it about inflation is popular. Sixty percent of us believe corporations are to blame for it. The question is what do you do right blame versus change. So Harris says she's targeting price gouging. I don't really care about gouging, gauging, I don't care, all right. You got to take the level of talent where you find it. We don't have great talent in our politics right now. We got to wait for better people to want to get involved in what is such a poison process.
Speaker 1: But this is what we got. No what you call an endorsement, per se. Look, the Vice president was running for president in twenty nineteen and she was in Iowa talking about this is extraordinary, talking about the government takeover of companies' patents. I mean, that is what this system of capitalism and the society in which we live is all about. You come up with an idea, you patent the idea, or you copyright the book or the song, or you trademark the symbol, and you are protected protected from people seizing and exploiting your work product. This was the Vice president in a twenty nineteen video in Iowa. Just listen to the first few words. We will smash their patents. This has cut nineteen.
Speaker 6: Rob snatch their patent so that we will take over. And yes we can do that, Yes, yes we can do that. Yes we can do that. It's the question is do you have the will to do it? I have the will to do it.
Speaker 1: That is the potential future president of the United States, and that is what we are now left with. We're left with one candidate who who I don't understand Donald Trump. Haven't understood Donald Trump? Maybe some of you do. Over the weekend, he said he was better looking than Kamala Harris. Really, I mean, is that the level of presidential debate? Who's better looking? And look, I'm in no position to judge, but I don't think Donald Trump isn't any position a judge either. So what we have is someone who has expressed a willingness to literally literally have government control the economy. And you know what happens when government controls the economy. Things disappear, Shelves go bare. Think Cuba, think Venezuela, Think Russia, think countries behind the Iron Curtain. We are a nation that has so much, so much natural resources, so many wonderful farms. We feed the world, We feed our company, our country. We have social food programs here that are extraordinary. Do we really want to have food and price controls? Basically, the vice president maybe she doesn't realize it. She can go back to nineteen seventy one. Here was a Republican President Richard Nixon talking about freezing prices one a rob.
Speaker 7: The time has come for decisive action, action that will break the vicious circle of spiraling prices and costs. I am today ordering a freeze on all prices and wages throughout the United States for a period of ninety days.
Speaker 1: How did that work out for you, trickster? It didn't, it didn't. We are in looneytoo Land, looneytune land right now, okay, And I have no idea. I do think I have an understanding of where she's coming from. I think she looks upon unbridled government authority and power like no presidential candidate in my lifetime has ever looked at it. That scares me. And Donald Trump, who is not able to have the discipline to go out and talk about issues and forget the adominum attacks on his opponent and his former opponent. I mean, he acts like a sixth grader. Maybe no, he doesn't act like a sixth grader. I give him too much credit. He acts like about a third grader, you know, who wants to get into a fight, a school yard fight with every kid in the school yard because he's a little bigger or whatever. This is the choice we're left with. This is it, folks, for twenty twenty four. I would love to have your thoughts on pick your poison six one, seven, two, five, four ten thirty six one seven, nine three ten thirty. This is frightening when you talk about we will smash their patents, we will take them. That's that's that is the comment of a fascist. That is the comment of a fascist. We will take over industry if we have to. We do not care about a free market system. We do not care about a capitalistic system. We have more variety in now. There are prices that are overpriced. There's no question about it. Guess what the solution prices overpriced is. The solution is real simple. Don't buy the prices it don't buy, don't don't spend the money on the prices, don't buy the products. I walk proudly past items that I like because I think they are priced higher than I want to pay for them. That's an individual decision that I have a right to make as an American citizen. And if you want to put a package of cookies on the shelf and charge eighteen dollars, will all walk past that price, Okay? And guess what. Eventually the prices will come down. Fundamental economics one oh one. Inflation has caused when too much money is chasing too few goods. That's the problem we have right now, and it is not going to be solved by smashing patents and taking over companies like was done in Nazi Germany or in communists in the Soviet Union. I want to hear from you, and I'm hoping there's some people out who understand what is at stake here. This is the future, not of my country, because frankly, you know, I am well on the wrong side of fifty. But I'm worried about my kids, my grandkids, about where we're headed headed at this point, and somehow, some way, we as a nation have to figure it out. And I'm not sure there's a good solution here. Back on Nightside after this.
Speaker 2: Now back to Dan Ray live from the Window World nights Side Studios on DUBZ News Radio.
Speaker 1: Let's go to the calls six triple eight, nine, nine, ten thirty and also six one, seven, nine thirty. We got full lines. Let me go to Mike and Beverley mic first up this hour and Nightside Gor.
Speaker 8: Ahead, Wow, Hey, d me, yes, sir, here you find go right ahead, Hey, so quickly about the the Trump'm saying about the the looking looking good situation. That was about the Time magazine how to go about Kamala Harris, about how they they they they hand drew her picture Time Magazine, How I go and now it his they they they they screwed it all up, stuff like that, and they should have put a they didn't put as on the Time magazine.
Speaker 9: But you have the shift by some on bios on the Time magazine because she came back one out of gold and she was the most decorated Gold medalist, but they said she put Kama Arason that you know, thing could be about the whole Joe Biden.
Speaker 1: That is the key issue. I would tell you this, Mike, That's one of the key issues in this campaign. And I'm glad that Trump is spending time talking about that one because I think that is a pressing issue.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I get it. It's a big time you know, yeah much, Yeah, that.
Speaker 1: Is forefront in my mind. I care about inflation, I care about immigration, and I care about the federal debt. But whether or not whose position is on whose pictures on the cover of Time magazine, particularly after the Olympics. That to me is the number one issue.
Speaker 9: I agree with you, Yeah, I get that, But he was just short around on his feet there other day about the situation I get, but a whole inflation about though.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I think that when you when you think about you know, for example, some some of the presidential comments by you know, President Roosevelt, we have nothing to fear but fear itself. Uh, you know, President Kennedy, ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do.
Speaker 10: For your country.
Speaker 1: I think that we would add to that list. Whatever Donald Trump said about Time magazine and Simone Biles, it should be. I think it should be. It should be emblazoned on buildings across America. That's how strongly I feel about him bringing that important issue to the forefront.
Speaker 9: I get him, But if people don't understand the part of inflation, you know, inflation of as you just said, it is about the whole spending money too much, too much, and too much coming back and the free money given out. That's why places is so high, and they don't understand that. And most of his still gas, you know, the fuel economy, and the LA goes on that sort of stuff. They give them money away like like it's like it's candy, and that's a desire inflation. Now there's other virus to kill everyone else.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I mean you know right now, you know Harris wants to give first time home buyers twenty five thousand dollars. I want to give him fifty thousand dollars. I mean, why not one hundred thousand dollars? What can you get for twenty five thousand dollars? This is cut two way, This.
Speaker 9: Is this is some of the economic.
Speaker 1: Brilliance of the Vice president. Two way, please Rob.
Speaker 4: In addition, while we work on the housing shortage, my administration will provide first time home buyers with twenty five thousand dollars to help.
Speaker 1: WHOA maybe good, Yeah that's great. Why not fifty thousand? Why not? Why is it twenty five thousand dollars will get you nothing? Maybe you'll get you something.
Speaker 9: How's that gonna help them?
Speaker 11: Dan?
Speaker 9: That's gonna cause inflation and the big at debt. That's what it's gonna cause.
Speaker 1: Though you are absolutely right, Mike, you know something. You're you're you're a good economist. You're absolutely right.
Speaker 9: I think it's saying I'm in the poss of your business.
Speaker 8: I understand these things, and.
Speaker 9: It's so simple. People don't understand it. Why isn't Trump.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you this, Mike, why doesn't you and men Trump talk about that as opposed to who's better looking and whether or not some own bios pictures should be on Time magazine?
Speaker 9: He does, he does, he was doing on record. He was just showing around sometimes he's done.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I thinks too much time screwing around in your words, Mike, loved you call me, and I keep calling the program.
Speaker 10: Okay, thank you, thank you much.
Speaker 1: Six one, seven, two, five, four, ten thirty one line is there. Let's keep it rolling, coming back right after the news here on Nightside on a Monday night. We got a lot of luck to talk about tonight.
Speaker 2: You're on night Side with Dan Ray on WBZ, Boston's news radio.
Speaker 1: All right, let us keep rolling here, going to go to Rachel in Quincy, Rachel next on Nightside.
Speaker 12: Welcome back, Hey, Hey, Dan.
Speaker 11: So Mike comments is if she's running for president and she had four years to do what she's saying, she wants to do what you know.
Speaker 13: What I'm saying is I know exactly what you're saying.
Speaker 1: Look, when all of a sudden the vice president came out and copied former President Trump's idea of no taxes on tips for waiters and waitresses and you know, hostesses and bartenders. I think that's a great idea, Okay, But where was the Biden Harris administration with the last three and a half years. I mean, did that thought not pass to anyone's mind? And why didn't they act on it?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 11: Exactly, she's saying, oh, we're gonna build three million dollar homes.
Speaker 1: By the way, By the way, that the only homes the government builds are homes that they build with our federal tax dollars. They don't build homes. They tax people, and then with that tax money they build some homes. But it's it's builders who build the homes.
Speaker 11: My thing is is, why is she promising she's going to do this and do that when she had four years?
Speaker 1: You know, you're asking, you're asking a great what's called a rhetorical question. You know what the answer to that is. And the answer to that is she's trolling for votes.
Speaker 11: Shame on her, okay, And you know what, and then and then with mister Trump, right, It's like, who cares what anybody looks like. We don't care what you look like. We need to hear what you're going to do for our country. And if you keep like you know, you're not going to be voted, you're not going to be voted.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, I'll tell you this. This guy almost sounds to me like every day he wants to say something really insulting, really abrasive, and he wants to further turn off the voters that he needs to win. You almost wonder if Donald Trump really wants to win this office or whether he would prefer to lose again and wallow in his own misery, in his own martyrdom.
Speaker 11: I agree with you. So I need to ask you something, Dan, which not like into voting, but who else Like you know what mister Kennedy is, he's somebody that could take our country four percent.
Speaker 1: His poll right now is he's polling in four percent. So Rosspureau. Ross Pureau won nineteen percent of the popular vote in nineteen ninety two, nineteen percent, almost twenty percent. You know how many electoral votes ross Boro? One? No, it's a very round number. It's called zero. Really, in order to in order to win electoral votes. You got to get somewhere up in the high the mid to high thirties and hope that it splits in your direct No, Robert F. Kennedy Jr. Is that this path as days go by, becoming more and more of a non factor. It's going to be Harris or Trump.
Speaker 11: But I just I have a question though, Right, so all we see is Trump and what's her face? Why don't we see more of the other parties?
Speaker 1: What other parties?
Speaker 11: Well, I'm just saying, you.
Speaker 1: Know, the Green Party or the Libertarian Party.
Speaker 14: Yeah, yeah, yeah, because for years and years and years, the Green Party have run candidates Jill Stein for the most part, the Libertarians always run a candidate.
Speaker 1: They get like one and a half percent of the vote in a few states. They're not relevant. I mean, you know in terms of sadly, I mean you you can argue and say, oh, it's too bad we only have two major parties, but that's what it is.
Speaker 11: I'm telling you think, I know, do you think that that is? Okay? So my thing is right, It's like, like I said, I'm not really into politics, but I'm like, why can't we just pick somebody that is going to run our country. It doesn't matter what party. This is where I get confused.
Speaker 12: Well, what happens is.
Speaker 1: You have these two major parties that are around now for hundreds of years, a couple of hundred years. And you know, the Republican Party was formed, you know, in eighteen sixty what would before that? But when they first elected Abraham Lincoln. The Democrats been around for a long time. They have each you involved in different directions. They represent the two significant philosophical philosophies of political thought, a more progressive liberal thought, whatever you want to call it, more conservative traditional thought. And that's what happens. And at the end of the day, we have third parties in this country, but they never get traction. I don't have a better answer than that, Rachel. I got to keep rolling, though. Where have you been? I haven't talked to you in a while. Come on back more often, will you?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 11: Dan, I got some issues I got, like Parkinson's. That's something I would love to hear about. I get I taking care of my dad and my mom.
Speaker 1: Are you dealing with it? Are you dealing with it? Are your parents?
Speaker 13: No?
Speaker 11: I do not have it, but my dad has it, and I know that We've talked about my niece, the homeless. I can't find her place because of the immigration stuff whatever.
Speaker 1: But well again, feel free to call you. Know, as you probably know, our dear friend Jordan Rich is also dealing with Parkinson's and.
Speaker 11: So you know, I would love to like I know you had asked Rob to reach out to me for a private EMA for you, and I would love to chat with you and.
Speaker 1: Rob, give you direct Hang on, Robi, give you my direct number. Call that and I'll call you back. Okay, don't have all right?
Speaker 11: All right, thanks, don't hang up.
Speaker 1: Let's keep going. Here're gonna go to Steve and Merrimack, New Hampshire. Steve, appreciate you calling in you next to the night Side. Steve.
Speaker 10: Hey, Hey, Dan, it's good talking to you again. And I just can't want to say now I know why you're a great talk shows host and you have a great legal mind as an attorney, because every single point you made tonight were all the points that I was talking to my friends about today and then some and then Steve, you're a student of history, so on why I lived through nineteen seventy one. I remember the price controls, you know it didn't work. Nothing works like that. You know you got and when you were talking about the grant for you know, the first time home buyers, it's an arbitrary amount. It has nothing to do with anything. It's just they just want to fand or her roads. And then and then Trump, like you were talking about, you know, his name calling, which he he can. He incessantly does that all the time. He can't stop. He can't help himself. We're doing I don't know helse to put it. I don't think we can win no matter who wins this election.
Speaker 1: Well that's the problem.
Speaker 14: You know.
Speaker 1: I think I think Nixon lost his mind in about nineteen seventy one. I think he became enthralled with the with it with mouth say tongue and the Chinese communist He was reaching out with Henry Kissinger to detaunt with China, and all of a sudden he's like talking about, what do you think this is what they do in communist China, this is what they do in communist countries around the world. It's like, we're going to have price controls. And what happens is you have price controls and no one says, well, why am I going to make bread. If I can't make money, I'm not going to spend my day working on loaves of bread.
Speaker 10: I mean, that's true.
Speaker 1: And think there's an underground economy you'll bag mell be just like drugs. You'll be You'll be meeting some guy in a parking lot late at night. Stay. Yeah, got a loaf of sour dough. Okay, how much? Five bucks?
Speaker 10: Okay, that's what's gonna happen in Venezuela. Try and get toils they were down there. Good luck to you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right.
Speaker 10: His history tends to repeat itself. What they do is they wait until people forget what happened way back when, and then they put the same theories and issues forward that don't work, and they think that things are somewhow going to change. I think that's the definition of insanity.
Speaker 1: It is doing the same thing and expecting a different result. I mean, it's you know, command controlled economy by the government. We live in the freest country in the world, thank god.
Speaker 10: Okay.
Speaker 1: The answer is to tell tell some cookie maker, you know, tell famous Namous God bless him. He died the other day, but it'll be back telling famous Amos. You can sow your cookies for three. You you have to charge one ninety nine. What's he gonna do?
Speaker 10: Kidding?
Speaker 1: It's insanity. And guess what, you listen to those people as soon as she talked about it, they're clapping. They'll like clapping seals. They're so dumb, literally, they have no clue what they're applauding. But yeah, we're gonna have absolutely free cookies. Well, I'm with you, free cookies. It's nice.
Speaker 10: We have gone through a disaster for the last four years, and nothing is gonna change no matter who gets elected, except that there's just gonna be more acrimony, you know, from one side over the other, and the I think the people in this country are the ones that are gonna be suffering the wrath of what happens. Trump is gonna be He's gonna get if he wins, which I'm not sure he will, he will probably get impeached again because that's all they know how to do. And I don't know what's gonna happen with his trials and all that.
Speaker 1: I'm looking. I'm looking for the next John Kennedy and the Democratic Party and the next Ronald Reagan, and I don't see them.
Speaker 10: John Kennedy says the world two times. Well, I should say the Cuban Missi crisis, which I wrote a paper on when I was in college. He saved the world. If he hadn't been assassinated, we wouldn't have had Vietnam. I think you'd have to agree that he was way too smart to get us into that mess.
Speaker 1: But well, I don't know, he wan. I must tell you if you read history on it. Okay, I can tell you this. When when JFK became President of the United States, we had about nine hundred advisors in self Vietnam. When he was assassinated, that number had had grown to sixteen thousand. So there was a significant uptick whether or not he was having you know, people believed that he would have pulled back, but it was from the from Eisenhower to Kennedy there was an uptick. That's what the numbers show.
Speaker 10: But you know, heart of the Cold War, that was the coal mentality, it was.
Speaker 1: It was the Domino theory. You remember all of that. Steve, I got to run him on my break. I love your calls, you know that keep calling a show.
Speaker 10: Oh yeah, I loved you. Agree with you one hundred percent. I mean, not even at every single point.
Speaker 1: It was disagree We gotta have an argument.
Speaker 10: Okay, I've never heard I've never disagreed with you.
Speaker 1: That's scary. Sometimes I disagree with myself. Thanks, they've talk to you.
Speaker 10: You got you got it. Lay on the mark. You're hitting the nail on the head man.
Speaker 1: I appreciate it. Thank you much. We'll keep it. Take take a very quick break here. The only line that's opened dial six one, seven, nine three, one ten thirty. You'll be okay. The others are all full six one seven, nine three, one ten thirty. Coming back. I got James and Stowton, I got Patrick in d C, Trisha in Lynn uh and I don't know where Joseph is. We'll figure that one out. We'll get everybody in. We're going to go into the next hour on this, so don't hesitate to light those lines. Coming back on night's side.
Speaker 2: Now back to Dan Ray Mine from the Window World Nights. Thanks Studios on w b Z News Radio.
Speaker 1: Next up is my friend Patrick and DC where every problem M and A's from. Hey, Patrick, how are you?
Speaker 12: I'm doing pretty good? Fortunately you did not catch me going testing one two three four.
Speaker 1: Very good, It's very good. Nice strong start. To the call What's on your mind?
Speaker 9: Okay?
Speaker 12: So anyway, those people were on the television over in the other room, and I can see them in my left eye. I can hear them out of my left ear if I needed to hear them. And there was a gentleman from the U a W. I guess that is the United Autos Workers, right, And then the next guest or speaker is that Bartenders from Brooklyn.
Speaker 9: New York.
Speaker 12: And I had to get up and turn the television off because I am not going to waste my heart earn electricity. Yes, I had to turn that off real quick, and I was that was in between the m cast and so I'm really excited to be here talking with the gang. Uh much better than watching the conventions.
Speaker 1: As President Biden's got to be close to his nap time. Have they not let him speak yet?
Speaker 10: That's off.
Speaker 12: I turned it with AOC now, so I'm talking.
Speaker 1: About Joe Biden, remember him, he's the president.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I know I turned it off. I don't know. I don't know when he spuck.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 12: You know, if people get down in the coal mine and risk their lives to make that electricity, they don't need to put her on the air. Okay, you asked to pick our poison, right, Let's get to the Let's get to the nitty gritty. Sure, the poison's coming into our country and we don't have to pick it. Who's gonna Who's gonna stop it? And we'll you're talking about fentanyl amongst other things we're talking to Yeah, we're talking about fentanyl. We're talking about immigration. Who's going to be the one that is going to really put their foot down? And I believe the only one who's going to be able to do it is Trump.
Speaker 1: I understand that argument, but can you explain to me why he's incapable of talking about issues? And all he wants to talk about is the twenty twenty election and who's better looking and and whether or not uh Kamala Harris has now decided that she's black or Asian? I mean, come on, what is he wasting his time for? What's he trying to do?
Speaker 12: That is a waste of time. I really wish that I could speak with him and ask, you know, I don't think I don't want.
Speaker 1: Can change this guy's mind. I think he's you know, he goes back to this thing about now he talks about the ultimate ward is award is not the Congressional Medal of Water. What is he nuts?
Speaker 12: Yeah? Uh? What do they say was about the Dixon campaign? Just don't say anything, and let me just say this. The words you just you just smile and wave and say hello and I thank you. I appreciate it. Yeah, I'm just kind of glad to be here. Everyone looks great. Definitely really not.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So the one thing you have, you have the vice president who wants to pander to everybody. We'll build three million homes, We'll give twenty five thousand dollars to everybody, and the world will be happy. And uh, and season tickets to the to the to the Major League if you live in a major league city, let's give Let's give everybody season tickets to the Red Sox games and the Yankee games and the Nationals games.
Speaker 12: Right right, So, after a year and a half of building up to this thing, the presidential election campaign, it's now here. It's the build up was not what it was.
Speaker 1: The building is better than the results.
Speaker 10: I mean.
Speaker 1: Anyway, Hey, Patrick, love your calls, man, Okay, keep checking in on this.
Speaker 12: Okay, you got it, man, Thank you much.
Speaker 1: Doctor. Soon let me go next to James and Stoton. James, how are you tonight?
Speaker 15: Oh sir, how are you doing?
Speaker 1: Feels great? What's on your mind?
Speaker 15: I find something troubling about some of the talking points I hear from people. First of all, I don't think a lot of people that are politically as do everyone who barely got a high school all a sudden now is a political punting and become on social media and he just bows bs. You cannot explain to me how people who live in the poorest parts of our country. If you look at the poorest states, they're mostly red states, Mississippi, Alabama. But you have to keep talking about the Republicans are good for the economy. In fact, I think it's the Economy Policy Institute. You can google it from nineteen fourty nine to now. Where can people do better underneath Democrats? I'm a union construction worker. I'll tell you right now. I remember make over fifty dollars an hour than being massasapi and make fourteen dollars an hour reading my Bible, shoe my gun at ducks. Listen to these moralus what we should have did after the Civil Wars to buy the country. You know what this country will look like just look at the Korean peninsula northwest south. So I mean people could believe with the one, but just stay down there. Every time I go to a construction site, you know why I see license plates from Tennessee, Arkansas. If Republicans are so great at kream jobs, tell the n Breeds to stay down there?
Speaker 1: Why are you so why you so mad at these people? I mean, they haven't right to have this set. Let me ask I hate Okay, let me ask you this. For the last I don't know, at least well close to one hundred years, black Americans have been very supportive of Democratic presidential candidates.
Speaker 10: And yet I look at did you say one hundred years?
Speaker 15: Yeah, yeah, yeah, because Democrats into like in what the sixties, no no, no, no, no.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, no, nineteen thirties. I think there was a switch in the Roosevelt election of nineteen thirty two. And I don't know that black Americans have received a fair shake because I look at poverty levels in this country. I look at the school systems that you know, most black kids find themselves, particularly in urban northern areas, and I just think there's a lot of people who get comfortable with one party or the other, and they don't consider that, they don't consider the alternatives. I think.
Speaker 15: I've heard that argument, and I'll say right now, I'm doing better than my cousins in the South and the vast Victoria.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you. You're doing better. You're living in Boston or living in Stoughton, which is great, okay, but what about the kids in Chicago? Will favor do me a favorite? Don't tell me what I believe in? Don't you language of the year? That is? That's inappropriate, okay, And don't try to tell me what I believe. I won't tell you. I won't tell you what you believe. If you got into my questions, that's your problem, not mine. Let me go next to Tricia Elinn.
Speaker 12: Tricia, you next on Nightsiger, right ahead, Hi, Dan boy, those two people that are running.
Speaker 13: I love Trump, but I mean the insults and all that grade school stuff is terrible. But I believe that he would be better to handle people like Ninya who are putin than Kamela would. She is a very attractive woman. I didn't have my Internet on, but I did this weekend, and it's the first time I heard her speak and saw her really up close and the crowds clapping, and my nickname for her is Giggles. And I don't think she could handle foreign policy at all. I don't think she's really in touch. I don't think she has children. She's never been in a grocery store. She's out of her mind socialists and I can't stand that.
Speaker 1: What what what does her status of having children have to do with anything?
Speaker 13: Well, because people have children, they they're more like they're in the grocery stores, they're buying groceries. They you know, they need more money to send the kids to college and things like that.
Speaker 1: But you know, to live however you live.
Speaker 13: I mean she's I don't know, she's class well, she worked, she worked at I believe her biography suggests that she worked as the McDonald's when she was.
Speaker 1: When when she was in school to help get herself through school. I don't know what she.
Speaker 13: Was yeah, good, yeah, what she was. What she was talking about was like and she get an applause about abortion and at one time she had said something about lowering the population so everybody can have clean drinking water. And what she was supposed to what about the immigrants, you know, people coming into this country. That's overpopulation right there, off the charts. The nuns taught us in nineteen sixty four about overpopulation and that's what we're experiencing now. The shortage of housing and so forth. Our country is not at all the same. And you're right pandering for votes and everybody would clap, and this thing about abortion and everybody would clap. You know, it's ridiculous. You have to concentrate on the big issues, the border and foreign policy.
Speaker 1: Well, I think the big party, each party, will, you know, emphasize their issues. I think that out in Chicago today, I think that there were vans out there from some clinic which was offering not only free abortions, but free vs. Actomies. And I mean didn't wasn't something that I'd necessarily be interested in. But if that's what their constituents feel they need and they can get them for free, good luck, good luck. I hate to do this to you, Trish, but I got I gotta run here, and I got to step aside for the eleven o'clock news. Come on back soon. Become more of a regular world.
Speaker 13: This world Buddhism, check it out with people don't want to live in a tranquility and vote for giggles. We have to stop that ridiculous thank.
Speaker 1: You, no sense of, no sense of don't call her names, you know, just I mean, I'm just tired of the name call, and I really am, and I think that let's deal with issues. Let's try to deal with issues and stop calling you know people name simple as that. Thanks chrissure, I have a great night. We'll be back on Night's side right after the eleven o'clock news