Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon and you're listening to KFI AM six forty, the Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: The study that suggests that if you were allowed alcohol as a teenager, you know, your parents gave your permission to have a drink with the family or whatever, or they were more brazen and just said do whatever you want, just as long as you don't drive, or wherever the line was. If you were allowed to drink alcohol as a teenager, you had problems. Likely you were more likely to binge drink when you are a young adult, et cetera. So we'll talk about that coming up at the bottom of the hour. Also, there is a doctor who studies those people.
Speaker 3: Who are you know, super agers.
Speaker 2: These are this group of wellness influencers that try to do everything they can to extend their lifestyle with supplements or exercise or crazy meditations or sun tanning your hearts.
Speaker 3: Or whatever they do.
Speaker 2: But this doctor who's been studying these people has come up with his own exercise regimen. We'll talk about that, and then of course what you're watching Wednesday comes along at twelve thirty, so you can always let us know what you've been watching. What you're excited about that's coming up. We'll tell you about the trailers that are up on the website. Also, it's time for Swampwatch.
Speaker 4: I'm a politician, which means I'm a cheat and a liar. And when I'm not kissing babies, I'm stealing their lollipops.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we got The real problem is that our leaders are done.
Speaker 3: The other side never quits.
Speaker 1: So what I'm not going anywhere?
Speaker 4: So that is now you train the squaw.
Speaker 3: I can imagine what can be and be unburdened by what has been. You know, Americans have always been gone at, but they're not stupid.
Speaker 6: A political flunder is when a politician actually tells the truth.
Speaker 4: Who have the people voted for you?
Speaker 3: With no swamp watch? They're all countona.
Speaker 2: So President Trump right now is hosting the President of South Africa, and along with the normal trade relations and you know the good will that goes back and forth between countries, there was a moment where President Trump in the Oval Office told the President of South Africa that he was going to show him a video of allegations of white genocide where lawmakers black lawmakers in South Africa are calling for the murder of white farmers throughout South Africa, and showed this video of a Communist member of parliament or at least a Communist leader there in South Africa who blatantly called for the murder of white farmers people of.
Speaker 5: Fleeing South Africa for their own safety. Their land is being confiscated and in many cases they're being killed. And that scene of you see how many crosses they have. Those crosses, that's a dead person in every one of them, and those trucks or cars are paying their respects to all of those dead people on a Sunday morning. That's a that's a rough that's a rough thing to explain away.
Speaker 2: One of the reasons that this became an issue is the United States granted refugee status to at least forty nine Africanners, the white African or community, who said they were fleeing racial and violent persecution, widespread seizures of lands that was owned by white farmers. There were people in the room today in the Oval Office with President Cyril Ramaphosa of South Africa who said that's not true.
Speaker 3: It's not race based. The problem is not race relations in.
Speaker 2: South Africa, which is weird to say, but that the problem is just crime, that crime doesn't choose a skin color in South Africa. But black farmers and white farmers and farm workers are being attacked and victimized in the same.
Speaker 3: At the same levels.
Speaker 2: That the idea that this is a specifically white genocide in South Africa is not true. President Trump actually invited Ernie Els, Golfer, Ernie Els to the White House today to help with this reception for Cyril Ramaphosa, the President of South Africa, and then forced Ernie Els to speak in this news conference there in the Oval Office.
Speaker 4: So there's been thirty.
Speaker 7: Five years of anti government, and I know there's a lot of anger, you know, through the transition. There's also a lot of stuff happening in the apartheid space. You know, we grew up in the apartheid ye, right, But I don't think two rongs makes it right. You know, President Mandela when he came out of president for all that time, didn't come out with hatred, you know, and really unified our nation through.
Speaker 3: Sport, through sport, he says there.
Speaker 2: Now, the other thing that's going on in DC is they're still trying to get this big, beautiful bill.
Speaker 3: According to President Trump through the House.
Speaker 2: There's still some hang ups, especially regarding the state and local tax deduction.
Speaker 3: The problem is.
Speaker 2: On the one side, President Trump says that he is just yesterday he said he is the biggest fiscal hawk in Washington, but then refuse to acknowledge that this big, beautiful bill would literally add trillions of dollars to the deficit. And that's the biggest issue that's hanging this thing up. There is a group of Republican House members who do not want to add to the deficit. I mentioned this last I mentioned it yesterday that Thomas Massey out of Kentucky, one of the congressmen, had no hard no on this kind of ongoing kicking the can down the road when it comes to deficit spending. And despite what President Trump says, there is a group of lawmakers that kind of follow in the footsteps of Thomas Massey.
Speaker 3: I'm not sure he's necessarily the leader.
Speaker 2: You could argue that Chip Roy is probably the leader of that group, but that they do not want to see this continue. They're hanging their hat on that state and local tax deduction and the potential to raise this whole thing. But listen, the White House Council of Economic Advisors says that this bill in its current form would boost GDP four percent five percent in the short run, which is incredible. It goes well beyond what the mainstream consensus is in terms of increasing our GDP, and the White House says that that number means that we do not add to the deficit, but would actually save one point six trillion dollars because of spending cuts and Medicaid work requirements. So it's one of those things that this is the big ugly part of Washington, d C. Where they're trying to get these massive bills through and all of the politicking really kicks into high gear in the background. The other thing out of DC second Terry Defense Pete Hegseth has apparently officially accepted that Boeing seven forty seven from Cotter. A Defense Department spokesperson said that it will go through its upgrades to include proper security measures and functional mission requirements in order for it to be the travel apparatus for the commander in chief. There is I don't understand how they're going to do it quickly. It would be a couple of years worth of work on that, and already the two Air Force. The two seven forty sevens that are being retrofitted to become the next air Force ones are scheduled to enter service sometime in twenty to twenty seven.
Speaker 3: All right, up, next, terror in the skies.
Speaker 8: Speaking of airplanes, you're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: Consumer stocks have been weighing on people's minds right now. The Dow is down seven hundred and fifty seven points, about one point seven percent. S and P five hundred is down one point four percent. The Nasdaq also off one point two percent. Gold still climbing. Gold is up thirty bucks. It's now at thirty three hundred and fifteen dollars an ounce. Also, Bitcoin is having a day right now. Bitcoin hit all new a new all time high at one hundred and nine thousand, four hundred dollars this morning, huge increase. It had the low of about seventy five thousand last month. I think everybody has a story like this in their heads. But I was told to buy bitcoin at six hundred dollars six one hundred dollars, and I probably somehow would have lost all my money on that if I had taken that advice. But the easy way to make money is to just listen to this guy say this thing, and here's how you can win it.
Speaker 8: Now your chance to win one thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: Just enter this nationwide keyword on our website cash.
Speaker 4: That's cash, c Ash.
Speaker 1: Ederd now at KFI AM six forty dot com, slash cash powered by Sweet James Accident Attorneys. If you're hurting an accident, winning is everything called the winning Attorneys at Sweet James.
Speaker 4: One eight hundred nine million.
Speaker 8: That's one eight hundred nine million or sweet James dot com.
Speaker 2: Again, the keyword cash goes on that website. Make sure you keep an eye on your email inbox. Winners are notified via email, So that's why you're gonna want to do that. An hour from now, we'll give you another shot at one thousand bucks. It's time for Terror in the Skies, Blights zero and.
Speaker 9: Ire or aquaer at the day, Roger, get off my plane, Roger Rogers.
Speaker 3: What's our vector?
Speaker 1: Victor en is enough I have handed with these multi pant snakes on this money.
Speaker 8: It's Gary and Shannon's Terror in the Skies on kfill.
Speaker 3: We'll start with a more traditional terror in the Skies.
Speaker 2: A Navy tech was arrested on charges of making a false bomb threat on a Hawaiian Airlines flight. This thirty five year old guy was arrested charged with making a false bomb threat and a false report of a security threat. He told a flight attendant on Hawaii Airlines Flight fifteen the passenger next to him had a bomb as they were getting ready to depart. Flight attendant tells the captain Harbor police were able to get this guy.
Speaker 3: The incident happened.
Speaker 2: Is about to leave San Diego on its way to Honolulu, so the plane taxi to a safe location. They searched the plane, three hundred people on board, all had to get off, had to be taken by bus. Everybody, the aircraft, all the luggage, et cetera.
Speaker 3: Eventually cleared. No bomb found, but what an annoyance.
Speaker 2: Also, Southwest Airlines is implementing a new policy. You know, the portable chargers. It's usually about the size of your phone, but it's a small battery pack that you charge up and then when you're on a trip somewhere, you can plug your phone or computer, whatever that is, into that and keep it going well. The batteries themselves are the things that they don't want you to have in your checked bags, so they want you to have it in your carry on. But now they're saying, if you have one of those power banks, you have to keep it in plain sight.
Speaker 3: When you're using it.
Speaker 2: It's okay if you have it and put it in the overhead compartment, but if it's plugged into something, if it's actually in use, they say they want you to have this thing in sight. And as of right now, I mean it starts next week. That policy. As of right now, it's the only airline that does that. A spokesperson for Southwest said using portable charging devices while stored in a bag or overhead will no longer be permitted because they say nothing is more important to Southwest than the safety of its customers and employees. The logic is that these lithium ion batteries would be able to overheat, and if they get hot enough, obviously they would ignite or ignite the stuff around it. And if you keep it in plain sight, it gives you the ability to see it, smell it in some cases, and put the fire out before it becomes before it becomes a bigger deal. And the long ongoing problems with Newark Liberty International Airport only got worse. Yesterday, the FAA issued new temporary restrictions on flights in and out of Newark Liberty because of the disruptions caused by that caused severe flight delays and cancelations.
Speaker 3: It is a very congested facility.
Speaker 2: But as of right now, flights through Newark will be capped at twenty eight departures, twenty eight arrivals per hour until June fifteenth, and every weekend from September through December because of the construction. They have said, because of the construction that's going on in the on the runways, starting on June fifteenth, they'll be able to pump it up a little bit. It'll go to thirty four departures, thirty four arrivals through October twenty fifth.
Speaker 3: As of right now, United is.
Speaker 2: The biggest, the biggest airline that's hit because they use Newark as one of their hubs there on the East Coast. But they said that they welcome these restrictions. United operates about seventy percent of the flights in and out of there. United said this will help ensure that we can safely and reliably operate the flights and remain on the schedule, which is why we proactively reduced our schedule earlier this month. So yesterday we were telling the story of this about a study that came out regarding teens who drink and what kind of impact it had on you as an adult who drinks or doesn't drink, And I was taking a lot of different talkbacks from people with a lot of different scenarios in their lives.
Speaker 9: Gary, I've had some drinks with my kids at home as long as I'm there and I'm supervising, and that sounds kind of bad. I mean, I'm supervising, but for the most part, the kids don't really want to drink. I think after seeing me drink so much all the time, they're like, yeah, we don't want to be like that. So I think something positive came out of me drinking so much. So I'm just going to continue it and hope the kids learn from it. Anyways, have a good day.
Speaker 3: Sure, there's that.
Speaker 2: We'll talk about that study with Justin Warsham when we come back.
Speaker 8: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: National Weather Service heat advisory is going to be up through tomorrow night Today is supposed to be the warmest day of the week. It's already eighty four here in Burbank, so it's going to be a nice, toasty day today. The heat advisory stays up until nine pm tomorrow. Chances are we will also see some triple digit temperatures tomorrow. I told you that the Sean did He Combs trial is going on I think twelfth day of testimony. One of the Homeland Security investigators is out the is on the stand and he was talking about the searches of properties in Miami. Rapper Kid Cutty, who at one point had a relationship with Cassie Ventura, was I should say, slated to testify today, but his appearance was postpone for a short time according to prosecutors. And then singer Chris Brown. We told you was in jail in London. He has been freed on bail after he was charged with inflicting an unprovoked attack at a nightclub a couple years ago. I think he busted a tequila bottle over somebody's head. He has not yet been asked to enter a plea in that case, but they said because he is out on bail, he will be able to begin his world tour. I believe June eighth, this when it's supposed to start. And the Billionina mystery has been solved. Yesterday, people who showed up to the La Zoo trying to get their look at those elephants, they were gone. In fact, they were on their way to the Tulsa Zoo, twenty six hour road trip. The La Zoo people didn't tell anybody. They did it in the middle of the night, loaded him up onto a truck in about one thirty in the morning, made their way all the way.
Speaker 3: To the Tulsa Zoo.
Speaker 2: So the new two new elephants to add to their herd, they do have to go through a quick quarantine time so that they don't spread California. I guess to the to the week, I don't know they spread the liberal politics to the elephants in Tulsa, Oklahoma.
Speaker 8: I don't know.
Speaker 6: There's a lot of lot of a lot of other elephants in Tulsa rolling their eyes. Leave your politics at home, but one of them asking for avocado and everything.
Speaker 2: Justin Warshon has joined us, so we talked about parenting with Justin when he comes in. I saw the article yesterday morning, and I actually we got a couple of talkbacks from people yesterday, just as an example.
Speaker 3: Here's one.
Speaker 2: The study was about whether drinking as a teenager with permission from your parents, they give you little bit of leeway or a lot of leeway, whatever it is, But drinking before you're legally allowed to, does that have an impact on when you drink when you're legal as a as a young.
Speaker 10: Adult, Hi, Gary, My parents would have a cocktail when my dad got home from work. He drank Martiniz. My mom drank Dubinet, which is a sweet sherry. We always got to taste it. We thought my dad's drink tasted like rocket fuel. My mom's drink was very sweet and we loved it. But I grew up alcohol just wasn't a big deal until I started partying in my twenties. Then it was more of a big deal. But now at this point in my life, I hardly drink it all maybe when I go out with friends.
Speaker 2: So the study actually showed that the younger you start, for one thing, the younger you start your first taste of alcoholics. We had one person say seven, A couple of them said nine. The more common was somewhere around eleven, twelve, thirteen, yeah, twelve was yeah, and not a regular drink, but just the taste.
Speaker 6: The sixth of the like the trying in the worship household. It's toddlerdom because of my Portuguese step mom. There you go, yes, there, as soon as you can walk, you dip your pacifier in vivaz of wine.
Speaker 2: But they said they found an eighty percent increase of the sorry eighty percent of the adolescents responded they had drunk alcohol with parental permission, and that those were more likely to drink more as young adults.
Speaker 6: And the theory is like, and this is what I looked at it. These are surveys taken from two thousand and nine to twenty eighteen from people with children ages five to seventeen. And I wonder if there is like a generational aspect to this, because I feel like what she's talking about, like she sounds like she's at least close to our age. And my parents let me try anything I wanted. And my dad's whole philosophy was if you remove the taboo, then it would be less likely that I.
Speaker 4: Would drink in high school.
Speaker 6: And this could just be circumstantial, but like I didn't like, I had one drink my entire the entire time I was in high school. I don't think I was actually drunk until I graduated high school. I was still under twenty one the first time I got drunk. But it wasn't like, I don't know. I was always very responsible about It was never a thing that was like, oh, this is exciting. So there's also an element to me that my mom always had a glass of wine as soon as she came home from work. And I always thought it was because she was Portuguese and that was the way she was. Maybe that makes me racist, probably probably, So I just saw it like, oh, but my dad never drank. My dad was probably drunk five times my entire childhood, and I never saw them any like, at no point in my life did I ever see my dad saws ever.
Speaker 4: Never happened. So, but it's so, I don't know. It was never important to me.
Speaker 2: I remember my parents not big drinkers, but they had a massive, at least my memory of it, a massive liquor cabinet, all right, My dad did to cabinet is not the right word, a collection of liquor. It was always in the garage, and you know you touched it, opened the garage door, and it would be behind it. There was a set of shelves back there, and I remember looking at it and thinking, what is all that stuff for?
Speaker 8: What?
Speaker 2: You don't drink it, what do you use it for? Maybe they were drinking it and I didn't know it.
Speaker 6: My father used gin as a trap, like he would put because he got tired of me sneaking your mom, You're right, he got tired of me stealing his coke whenever he so he would lay out a coke and he would pour gin in it, like half gin, so I'd take a hit and blah blah.
Speaker 4: And when I was like less than five, and that was just his way. When with his grandkids he would.
Speaker 6: Put cayenne pepper on popcorn for the first few times, just so they wouldn't.
Speaker 4: Steal his popcorn.
Speaker 2: My uncle used to put out his cigarettes in the old pepsi bottles. And that's also that's a turret that and hee spit if you ever take a sway of that.
Speaker 6: I think there's also got to be an element kind of like what but even the talkback person said, like, I think his contradictor to this in that I think if your parent, like my siblings, my stepbrother and sister in law, they threw parties and they had their kids, had teenage friends and I'm talking at like sixteen years old. They would have ragers at their house where everybody would spend the night and everybody was hammered. And both my dad and I were really afraid for them because if something really bad goes wrong and one of those other parents, supposedly all the parents knew.
Speaker 4: I don't know, but if one.
Speaker 6: Of those parents decides to file so press charges, they could lose their house, they could lose their kids. Like there's a lot that could come from that, and I think they just everybody does it under this thing.
Speaker 4: Well, I just want them to be safe. I did.
Speaker 2: I went to one party like that. I think it was a junior. I had to be a senior in high school. And the expectation was nobody leaves, nobody leaves until the morning. Yeah, And I think there were probably ten of us and the it was my girlfriend's mom. She bought a twelve pack of beer for like ten of us, and I remember thinking, well, this is not going to be fun. And I had I mean, I'd never experienced it before. But even then, I was like, this is not how are we going to decide who gets to drink the extra two beer? Like it didn't make any sense. I cannot imagine doing that. I mean now, but freshman year in college, my daughter came home and she brought a bunch of friends with her roommates and things like that, and I said to them, hey, I don't mind. You guys want to hang out and have a crush, a couple of Seltzers or whatever you guys want, whatever, whatever's cool amongst your group, but nobody leaves.
Speaker 3: Nobody leaves this place. You can't get no windows and no doors.
Speaker 2: But there were there were other times as well when it was just the four of us, my wife and I and then our son and daughter, and I would say, you want a glass of wine with dinner? And I mean, this is late in their teen years, late in high school kind of thing, because I wanted them to know what it felt like, especially before my daughter went off and you know, got to go to the bars that did college town. You got to know what two drinks does to you. Yeah, compared to four drinks, compared to six drinks. Now, I wasn't going to give her six drinks. But I just was going to get them to the point where they go, oh, this does change the way I.
Speaker 6: Feel, what it feels like to be prepared, and the fact that like, there's this where you feel it, and so maybe if you have one more drink after you start to feel it, there's more that's coming.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Right again, there was one other thing I wanted. Is it this right here?
Speaker 6: Even just actually increases rather than no, oh, we already covered it.
Speaker 4: Never mind.
Speaker 6: Thirty to forty percent of children under the age of thirteen try alcohol with parental permission in the United States.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that, I that's kind of a wide range. But I think it just means hey, can I Yes, that's say. And here's the question, do you ask? That's the other thing about it. I don't remember asking for a taste of it until I was, you know, fourteen, fifteen, sixteen.
Speaker 4: Oh my kids asked even yet.
Speaker 2: But I remember my dad handing me a beer when I was nine or ten and saying try that.
Speaker 6: Both of my kids said can I try it? And we've decided for maybe maybe this is how we're ruining and making our children alcoholics. Probably like we they said, can I try and we just said yes, like we would just give it to them. Especially cocktails at a restaurant. That's the one where I really break the law. Like I've had a couple times where when they know they have to wait till the server leaves and then they can have a hit off a Dad's old Fashion or a margarita or something, and to me, it takes the taboo. My son has been to multiple parties. What's interesting too, the thing that they kids do now at parties. They drink, sure, but not as much they do CBD gummies. That's like the new thing. I think it's because it's easier to get CBD gummies than it is ones with THHC in it. But that's what I'm hearing that a lot of the kids do at parties. They're not really drinking. Nobody smoke cigarettes anymore. That's like, what are you crazy? I told my kid, I'm like, you want to buy you some cigarettes so you could take to the party and be cool. He's like, you know what, that's the one thing you would buy that People would be mad at me.
Speaker 4: You'd be like, why what are you doing?
Speaker 6: If it was a vape man, they would be all over but everybody's vaping or they like the CBD gummies today.
Speaker 3: All right, a listener question, we come back. All right, great, you're.
Speaker 8: Listening to Gary and Shannon on Demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: We've talked about the well, Shannon and I have talked about the Sean Diddy Combs trial that's on right now. Cassie Ventura, his ex girlfriend, was the star witness. Cassie's mom actually testified as well about the abuse that she saw in her daughter and led to this question, Hey, good morning.
Speaker 11: Gary, maybe this could be for you and justin today on the parenting episode. Okay, so Cassie Ventur's mom was in court and she showed pictures of her daughter, you know, lifting up her top and have bruises and blood and all kinds of damage on her body, and her mom was aware of it, but she didn't do anything and get her out of there from what I could tell, So what kind of parent is that? That's not the kind of parent I am, And I don't think people listening want to be that type either.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know if I wouldn't go so far as to say she didn't do anything, I don't know what I first thought it was too, but she's also an adult. She's an adult. Mom can't force her out of a relationship. And mom was the one apparently who took the picture, so there was some amount of documentation that she knew needed to take place. I just think about, listen, there's the whole thing about that trial, or trials like that. If let's assume for the purpose of argument, that he's guilty of sexually assaulting his ex girlfriend, which he's accused of, but let's just assume that he that he's that it happened. As a father or as a parent, doesn't have to be a father, but as a parent of somebody who had gone through that, I would do everything I could to make sure that that guy never saw the light of day again. As uncomfortable as it would be, as potentially embarrassing as it would be. I mean, the things that Cassie Ventura was testifying to are gut wrenching, gut wrenchingly embarrassing for her, and that she survived it and is willing to put you put herself out there to put this guy away says something about her character. I mean that she's a very very strong person. We also mentioned that her husband was in the courtroom many times for many the hours of her testimony, not all of it, but for many of the hours of it, which has got to be gut wrenching, and that her parent, her mom, knows these stories about what has gone on, I don't. I mean, there's a kind of a question that comes up. I would hate it if a parent was ever in that position. But I completely understand the idea that she's there, She's going to do everything she can to protect her girl, and.
Speaker 6: I think like her. My two cents on that is that like Shannon makes fun of me and the comforter right, Like when my son was had his previous girlfriend and they would cuddle and while we were all watching a movie, and she's like, oh, things are happening under that comforter. And even my brother in law gave me a hard time and said, I think they're doing more than kiss And I just, deep down in my heart and soul, I know differently, But again, like you're talking in a hypothetical, hypothetically, what if I'm wrong?
Speaker 4: And I think that's that's.
Speaker 6: How this stuff happens, is that we all as parents make assumptions about what our kids are feeling, especially as they get older, once they get into those teenage years, you don't really have a lot of say. And it's hard because if you try to hold on too tight and keep them close to you, there's a little bit of like you hard, You're you're infringing on their development, like you're slowing it down, you're stunting it. But also they pull away, like it makes them pull away from you more, so you have to kind of pick your shots, like it almost seems like they're in an orbit, you know what I mean. And then there's moments where they seem to want to talk to you, and that's when they're close in orbit. You're like, oh great, and you get in while you can and see how it goes.
Speaker 3: From the elliptical orbit like a comet.
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, like and you don't.
Speaker 6: But and so all I'm saying is is that I think it's very easy on the outside to and I'm not judging this person. I think he's just saying like, this might be interesting to talk about, And I agree. I think it's easy when we're all looking at the outside to say it's the mom's fault, like why would she continue to allow this to happen because I think, like you said when we started, it's assuming that she was what we don't know, and what I'm like this is me doing the same kind of speculation. I was a big fan of Loveline when I was in like middle school, and it informed a lot about how I perceived relationships. And regardless of your upbringing, they what they identified to me as a young kid is that everybody has these kind of patterns, and what we don't know is that maybe this poor young lady has just had a pattern of being attracted to the wrong guy in her youth, like a lot of us do. I was way into crazy chicks when I was younger, and now I just like a good old, boring lady. That's my wife. But she's awesome, I do. She's gotta love this, right, you know what I mean. I just don't want any.
Speaker 4: Drama in my life.
Speaker 2: Well, and I think the one aspect of this specific case also is the power imbalance that existed between Diddy and anyone else, anybody if he's threatening to again. One of the reasons that Kid Cutty was supposed to testify is Kid Cutty's car blew up in his driveway not too long after Sean Diddy Combs threatened to blow up his car in the driveway. Clearly, clearly this guy, or at least the impression was that this guy had the ability to take you out if he needed to. Yeah, and that's, you know, one of the reasons why Mom, you could. There are other things you can do, but the power dynamic is not is not irrelevant in that case.
Speaker 6: And if if like what if, Like I know Mom, I don't know when Mom found out about this stuff. But I also think it's very easy, like in these situations where your kids are hurting, that's one of the scary things as a parent is that you have this perception and if the kid is just really good at covering it up and hiding it, then there's really no real way for you to know, because why would you know. I've had like my solution has been, if I have an inkling something isn't right, I get and I start looking at their.
Speaker 3: Text down on it.
Speaker 6: No, no, it's horrible, but I violate their privacy and I look at their text messages that they have with their friend. I look at their search history on their computer or on their phone, and I do it without them knowing. It, so because I don't want them to know that I can look at that, because I feel like then they're going to learn how to hide it even better. Yeah, And so I found out there was a time where my younger son was struggling, and I know that this wasn't the case. And I know people listening who maybe have experienced this are going to go, you're wrong. But in this case, so far, everything's fine. But my son was googling like depression and anxiety and not suicidal, but definitely depression. And so when my wife, when I told her about that, she's like, oh, she's like starting to get nervous.
Speaker 4: I was like, no, he's curious.
Speaker 6: He also has a friend group that a lot of the kids struggle with depression like at that time. So I said, if it's what you're hanging around, because we remember, I learn your social circle at his age thirteen to fifteen becomes more influential than the parents. So I think it goes back to the same thing. If she's traveling around with a group of people that are being this abusive to her, it's hard for anybody to get.
Speaker 4: Out of it.
Speaker 6: Keep snooping right, stay connected, keep asking questions and always just remind like, if you ever need anything, I'm here as sappy after school specials as that sounds. I really think it makes a difference. I really do such a fancy I am.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna go cry. Thank you.
Speaker 2: Gary Shanna will continue right after this. You've been listening to The Gary and Shannon Show. You can always hear us live on KFI AM six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.