Speaker 1: A change of seasons means adventures in rain, shine, mist, or snow, or all of the above on the same day this season. Prepare for every season with the Albird's Missile collection with all conditioned traction and materials and features to keep you comfy and dry. No matter what, You'll be ready for anything. Go to albirds dot com and use code fresh Socks for a free pair of socks with your purchase a L B I r ds dot com Code Fresh Socks. This is the summer to expand your horizons. It's time to explore. But before you set foot out the dorm, set foot in the ultimate lightweight, superpackable travel shoes from Alberts. Find your perfect pair at albirds dot com. That's a l L B I r ds dot com lot.
Speaker 2: You are now listening to True Murder, the most shocking killers in true crime history and the authors that have written about them. Gasey Bundy, Dalhmer, The Nightstalker DTK every week, another fascinating author talking about the most shocking and infamous killers in true crime history. True Murder with your host, journalist and author Dan Zufanski. Good evening at a high school dance in nineteen sixty four, seventeen year old Sondra London met a bright, handsome, well mannered Catholic boy, eighteen year old Gerald John Schaeffer. They hung out all the time and soon fell in love, but after a year, as young lovers will, they went their separate ways. She thought she'd never see him again. Then in nineteen seventy two came the screaming headlines six dead twenty eight maybe, and the foolish stories about the smiling cop turned sadistic killer and corpse loving fiend, hoarding mementos of his mutilated victims and writing it all up in feverish prose. Absolutely unbelievable. She was appalled that crimes like this could be committed by anyone, much less someone she had known intimately. Remember, those were the days before the term serial killer existed, before Ted Mundy, John Wayne Gacy, and Jeffrey Dahmer so irreqroavely showed us what it meant. In those days, Shaeffer's type of crime was not only unnamed, it was unheard of. Between March and July of nineteen eighty nine, Shaffer sent her the stories included in two sections of killer Fiction, Whore's and Stark Stories. Selections from the stories and drawings used as evidence in his nineteen seventy three murder trial are included in the section actual Fantasies. A limited edition of the volume comprising these three sections was copyright and published in June of nineteen eighty nine. I'm not writing nonfiction, explained the literary Madman. Its killer fiction, a new genre where the writer takes violence as an artistic medium in instead of glorifying it, makes the reader see it as the cruel and horrid act it is in reality. I don't represent violence as good.
Speaker 3: Or bad, merely as it is. I let the reader conclude that violence is a socially negative force, not to be reveled in. Thus he expounded his grim postmodern aesthetic. The truth about his crimes did not matter to her as much as the chance to take a look into his deranged mind. Somehow she managed to overcome her revulsion to his sexually violent obsessions enough to continue documenting them. His sexism is racism, his fury at every living being in the world, including himself, His boast of rape, sodomy, murder, even necrophilia. These she managed to tolerate by reminding her self that this was important data, and so she decided to set aside her own personal distaste for the ugliness of the work and focus on presenting it in all its twisted glory and leave it to the audience to tell her what it was. The book that we're featuring this evening is Killer Fiction Stories That Convicted the ex cop of murder, with my special guest journalist and author, Sandra London. Welcome to the program, and thank you very much for agreeing to this interview. Sondra London.
Speaker 4: Hi, how are you doing, Dan, I'm very good.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much for joining us today to talk about this incredible true crime classic killer fiction.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm honored.
Speaker 3: Now, well, thank you. I'm honored to have you on the program once again. Let's talk about nineteen sixty four, as we did in the introduction. You were seventeen years old. Tell us just a little bit before we get into this examination of what Gerald Schaeffer wrote and sent you and wanted to have out there for everyone to read. Tell us how it all started in nineteen sixty four. Tell us a little bit about this college.
Speaker 4: Kay. First, I had to correct It's Gerard. It's always Gerard. It's not Gerald in that most people are familiar with the word Gerald, so they usually call him Gerald because they heard it before. But it's Geord. So anyway, there I was. I went to US Tranahan High School in Fort Lauderdale, and I was had a dance at my school and when I saw this handsome young boy that I had never seen before. And so the reason I didn't see him is because he went to the Catholic school in town. And he we met literally at the punch bowl. We both had days, but somehow or another we wound up chatting over the punch bowl and told him my name, and so he went through the Fort Lauderdale phone book and looked up everyone by that last name and called them to see if he could find me that way. And he did find me, and I thought it was kind of flattering, you know, and cute, you know at the time. You know, it's only after years and years of years of retrospection that I put a different kind of different color on the whole procedure.
Speaker 3: Now, you had this short relationship with him, What was it about this relationship that it why did it end? And then tell us what happened afterwards in terms of your writing career.
Speaker 4: Okay, well it was one year from beginning to end, and why didn't we break up? I was just a kid, now, look, I was a kid. Number one, number two. Nobody ever heard a serial killers, and if they had them, they sure didn't reach the level of awareness that we are accustomed to today. And another thing is when people say stuff, you don't really take it the hard. You don't believely think oh yeah, oh my god. You know. Uh, people just say stuff and you're like, uh huh, you know so uh. We had a u a regular love affair. And I gotta say this right off because everybody always thinks that know what they're talking about, and they're wrong. I had sex with John and it was as plain vanilla as you can imagine. There was nothing funny about having sex with John Schaeffer. And I don't. I know, it's hard to believe. We learned these theorems, and we learned these overall generalities when we studied the textbooks, and then to me, all that learning gets away, It gets in the way and blocks the case that's standing right before you. So that's one thing I have learned to strive for. I studied the literature, but I tried very hard to set it aside when it comes to the case before me and allow it to be what it is. So there you go. John was an outdoorsman. He liked to go fishing, hunting, and he had a boat. He liked to go out on the boat. His family was very respectable. They belonged to the yacht club and the country club. And he had one girlfriend before me for five years since she was a debutante, so he was her debutante escort at all the high society functions in town. So that was the boy I knew. He liked to play golf. He took me out shooting and taught me how to handle a weapon. He took me out on the boat into the golf stream. We got stranded on a sidebar once and didn't get home until four and m in the morning, and appearance rather freaked out, But in general it was just a teenage dating, going to dances of football games and what like that. Toward the end he became a drag. He was upset and instead of going out and having fun, it would be like a like always. He's a psychotherapist or something, and he wanted to talk about his problems, so much. And the picture that remains in my mind is just this one vignette that we used to go out in his whole car. We had a blanket, We go out on the beach and sex and stuff. So in this vignette that that presaged the end of this, we're sitting out on the beach, but we've got the blanket over our shoulders and we're huddled under it like two little lost children and or something, and he's just crying, well, he's crying and upset because he is being pestered by unwanted, intrusive thoughts of killing women. And he wants to kill women. And I don't know he's telling this to me because some of his closest companion. But I want you to understand that I didn't have I'm not in any position to do anything that the casual armchair observer might think I should have done. Years later, I consulted with the homicide chief and the chief of detectives there, and Fort Lauderdale told him that John I told me he wanted to kill women, and I said a lot of people they accused me of failing to call the cops on him, and they reassured me that no such thing was possible. Cops do not respond to reports as someone saying they want to kill. Cops only respond when the crime has been committed. And if I were to call the cops on him, they would not take a report. But in fact, it didn't dawn on me to call the cops on him because I didn't think he was a serial killer. I just thought he was my boyfriend who was supposed to take me out and show me a good time, and he was a drag. Pretty much.
Speaker 3: Now, after this nineteen sixty four, we're into nineteen sixty five, and you don't hear anything more about You thought you'd never see him again. You don't hear anything else from Gerard for till nineteen seventy two, and you see the screaming headlines. But in the interim, you become a writer. Tell us what kind of writer you are, and tell us a little bit about that writing career, and then what happens in nineteen seventy two, what's the headline you read? And then tell us a little bit about that reaction to that.
Speaker 4: Okay, as far as me writing, it started in third grade when they picked me out for a special class in creative writing and there was only five of us in the school. May take us in there and let us create a write. My forte is poetry, and I will edited my high school literary magazine. And then when I went to college and got a degree in literature, our graduation ceremony consisted of me presenting a nine page poem I had written about our time sixty eight, which was a pretty interesting time. And anyway, there was that. After that, I went on mostly interested in being a singer and bands stuff like that, continue to write poetry to earn a living. I was working for a terns and doing legal research and writing, and eventually that phase drifted into technical writing along the way. So that was the kind of background I had. I had been in singing, show business and everything. And I got tired of hearing this refrain which goes, there's no pay, but it's great exposure. I don't know if any any of us have ever heard that one, even oh yeah, but I spore to god, I was never gonna you know, I'm like scool Era, you know, I'm never going to hear that again, you know. And so I set off toward writing. And that occurred in nineteen eighty nine when I decided to enter true crime. As far as writing, I'd been doing legal write. Everything is under a structure called work for hire, which means you don't put your name on it, they pay you to write something for them. And that was worked for hire. So come eighty nine then I was like, oh, okay. There was a crazy little thing called Reaganomics. And for a whole year I wasn't able to get the contracts that I'd always gotten. Every time I pitched a contract to a client, I got it. And all of a sudden, this year I couldn't do anything right, and I was like, what it didn't dawn on me. It was the economy. I thought it was me. So by early eighty nine, I said, look at this. They killed Ted Bundy and everybody was going crazy. Bundy, Bundy, Bundy and serial killer, serial killer, serial killers. It was in everywhere you looked her And I said, well, what is this? And I read that book by Anne Ruled the Stranger beside me and I said, shucks. I said, I can write better than that. And I said, plus, she barely knew that guy. I knew a serial killer a lot more than that. And that was the thought process that led me to contact Drord John Shaffer in prison on February seventh, nineteen eighty nine. And so that was the starting gun.
Speaker 3: What did you think when you in nineteen seventy two and seventy three, when Gerard's trial was being conducted. What did you think at the time? Okay, fast forward, what do you think of the.
Speaker 4: Time stumble upon that? Myself, my sister and my mother hurled it at me eccusingly in a way. This you know, this is what happened to that boyfriend the years. I don't know. That was the way is hit me?
Speaker 5: Lucky Land Casino, asking people what's the weirdest place you've gotten lucky?
Speaker 4: Lucky?
Speaker 6: In line at the Delhi I guess ah, in my dentist's office more than months. Actually do I have to say?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 4: You do?
Speaker 7: In the car before my kid's PTA meeting?
Speaker 5: Really?
Speaker 3: Yes? Excuse me?
Speaker 8: What's the weirdest place you've gotten lucky?
Speaker 4: I never win?
Speaker 5: And tell well, there you have it.
Speaker 7: You could get lucky anywhere playing at lucky landslots dot com play for free right now?
Speaker 5: Are you feeling lucky?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 5: We're not necessary, Voyd.
Speaker 8: Were my low eighte plus terms?
Speaker 5: Conditions of plus you wants every details.
Speaker 6: Wait the Lucky land slots. You can get lucky just about it anywhere.
Speaker 5: It's your captain speaking. We've got clear runway and the weather's five. We're just gonna circle up here a while and get lucky. No, no, nothing like that. It's just these cash prizes add up quick. So I suggest you sit back, keep your trade table up right, and start getting lucky.
Speaker 6: Pay for free at Lucky landslides dot com. Are you feeling lucky? No purchase necessary void. We're prohibited by Law eighteen plus. Terms and conditions apply. See website for details.
Speaker 4: They right, they threw it at me. They threw it in my face. I don't know I read it. I never heard of anything like that. I was not a true crime lover. I never will watch the Whodunnits on TV. I never took interest in murder mysteries. I didn't care anything about crime really. I loved horses and poetry and music. Those were my passions. And of course I lived Fort Lauderdale at the beach, so there was quite a lot of beach funny in me. And Uh then I went to a new College of Florida's uh honor College's called an experiment in education back at the time, and uh there was no set curriculum and there was no grades. You just had to jump in there and really do or they it was pass or fail. So there was one hundred narc class and only thirty three finally graduated out of that one hundred students. So at that process I learned to structure my own studies and theories like go from the particular to the general, go from the general to the particular. So when I set out to do Shaeffer, I said, this is a serial killer, so I need to read all the literature on serial killers. I need to consult the experts, and I need to get uh study some more serial killers who I know how to compare. And so I contacted the FBI and I said, I'm gonna study this serial killer and I wanted some help, and they referred me to Roy hazel Wood, who became my personal mentor. And Roy hazel Wood was so good to me over the years. They had these white papers that they issued to FBI agents, and he sent me the list of them. He said, any of them you want, let me offen them to you. And I had his home number to call him consult him, and he come I needed to, and he visited me in my home. He had me as a special guest at seminars and backstage at a a murder trial. He uh had me a Meetneer and so it that was a big influence over the way I went about this. And I'm gonna say, I'm going to boil it down. Of course, there's the longest story in the world, so I'm trying to only touch the real plot points. The first foremost thing he told me is exactly what they told creeson the movie, which was, don't ever tell him anything personal because he'll find a way to use it against you. And the second principle, do not respond emotionally to anything he says, because he is going to be trying to get a reaction out of you. And you must keep a dead pan demeanor. And those two things guided me. And the part about the dead pan demeanor, that's what really drove Schaeffer into the frenzy that became Killer Fiction, because he kept trying to shock me and discussed me as fault me with this stuff he was writing. It was written at me, and so I held to that do not respond. And so there you go. That's the biggest dynamic of that whole thing right there in a nutshell.
Speaker 3: What were the what was this opening introduction to him A reintroduction to Gerard saying, listen, you remember me? What were some of the conditions that he agreed to that he wanted as part of the agreement between YouTube? Tell us a little bit about what he expected, what he wanted from you.
Speaker 4: I agree, he and narcissistic personality as he is. I mean, he would say anything more. But he he couldn't resist me no matter what. You know. I was the one that had to power over him, and I I wrote to him and I said, uh, hi, ah remember me? And I said, uh, become a writer and would like to do a collaborate in a book about your life and crimes. And he responded back, how could I not remember you? My love for you burned for like a cold blue flame and it still burns. So I'm like, mm, well, I'm not in love with you. So anyway, he wanted to do a book or what you know, And yeah, he had a lot of grandiose ideas and the book was a matter of him trying to manipulate me and me manipulating him. Because he wanted the gratification of the sexual attention, and I wanted a story. And the story I wanted was a story of guilt, and I want to know what you did and why you did it. And so I played to his vanity. We right, Oh, you're such a good writer, John. But then I would challenge him. I say, you know what, your characters are a lot of like they're kind of wooden, really stick figures. And I said, why don't you try to bring out something more real and a character? Oh my god. So he writes to death real, death Row and made in Virginia, and he said, his name is Crystal Beaver's and he's a sixteen year old prom queen who is organization called Justice Now, and that means all you people on death row need to go ahead and get executed quickly. And so he started writing to these death row inmates in that tone, very sexy, flirtatious and challenging. And he caught that whole death row in Virginia in an uproar until it became a behavior issue. And then the monitor of death Row, Joe O'Dell wrote to me and said, all right, Crystal Beavers, what do you think you're doing. And I wrote back to him and I'm like, you know what, there is no Crystal Beavers. It's gerorge On Shaeffer and you know so forth. Well, it turns out joe'dell had been down there in prison with gerarge On Shaeffer in Florida Day Prison previously. He knew him, he knew him, he'd been in prison with him, and he knew some of these other characters that were trying to get me to pay attention to them. I don't know how to put it, but so Odell that became a whole other thing with him Shaeffer trying to get them all worked up in a frenzy. And Shaeffer's like, oh, is that real enough for you?
Speaker 3: When you talk about him adding realistic details to his stories. What was the premise of this? Again it's called killer fiction? What was his What did he decide that would be? What were the rules of this killer fiction? What was the purpose of this killer fiction?
Speaker 4: Well, I was, I guess determined by me as the how it started was. I asked him, maybe it was that first letter, If not, maybe the third letter or fourth letter. Do you still write those stories? You know that his case was based on for the new listener, I will just quickly recap when he was arrested, his mother's house was rated, and there was a stack of manuscripts in a closet that had been John's closet when he was in high school and lived there. They would put seized and putting evidence, and those are the writings that convicted him of murder. Okay. Now you would think logically that to be evidence and a murder it would have to say, uh, you know, I killed ex victim and here's how are what I did and none of that, so that nature at all. All those had been meant many years before the crime. And I think, after thinking about there's quite a lot, I think the genre would best be described as jack off fantasies because specifically, I say that because there were so many of them that just trailed off that he didn't finish. Okay, So but always the after he got to the park that was most interesting to him, and then the writing would just driple off and say he'd lose interest in it. So Shaeffer was convicted on the basis of these writings. So when this Latter Day project, I think that William Hirns the catch me. Killer was very astute when he said, I see what he's trying to do is more or less mighty the water and create the illusion that all he had ever done was right these stories. So therefore, you know, he's not guilty of murder. And I think there may have been some of that. I also think that he was just as part of his sexual disorder, his compulsions, that he did these things. He did these writings. It was a kind of a masturbation type thing to do even if there was no audience. But since for this project the audience was me, then therefore everything he wrote was targeted at me. Is he if he were not being restrained by cuffs and chains and steel and stone, these are the things that he would be perpetrating. And since he was restrained, the only way Duke was by writing.
Speaker 3: When he start writing these stories to you, Yeah, what amount of parallel truth was there from you? Looking at the information you knew about the trial? You knew about what even what Schaefer says, it's just stuff that he wrote long long before that has no relation to the truth. And yet he was convicted. And of course part of this killer fiction is also revenge against those prosecutors, isn't it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, right, that's right, and the judges and everyone, and the media and everyone. And he did issue real death threats against all these people and get punished for it. He got put in the whole for sending out hits against the prosecutor and the judge. So he was he was a dead serious about that. He had a record of it. You know, it was on his sheet that he had done that by the time I met him again.
Speaker 3: But what was his what what was the not the premise, but what was the out the the purpose of this as well? He was framed with this trial. So with the killer fiction he wanted to do what in terms of connection to the truth, He said, this is killer fiction. But what did he want to do well in the killer fiction writing?
Speaker 4: He wouldn't prove that he's just a writer. He's like Stephen King that to put a different light on the things that he did write. Then he said, well, I can write more and show you what a good writer. And anyone who ever read any of his stuff and me all kept saying to John, John, you really do have a talent. Why don't you write about something else? Right, But he couldn't tear himself away from these pathological musings. So it was a pose. If you really were uh, you know, quite inspired as a writer, surely something other would have caught his attention in this journey through life. But no, it always was narrowly focused. He couldn't stop writing about those things that in my research into his past, the people that were locked up to him with him there. I was able to reach a former cellmate and he was there, uh, pre trial and everything, and he told me Shaeffer was always writing, writing, writing, and he was writing these stories and he's read them to us. He'd read them, the horrifying, uh you know, get murder stories. And then he got charged and the inmates said that he took all those stories and tore them up and threw them away. So any kind of madness that affects his mind, it does not go so far that he can't tell reality from fantasy. He there are people who are so deranged that they really can't tell. But a successful serial killer has to be able to pull himself together and to do the mo necessary to get away with the murder so he can do it again. So you've got a different type of mind at work there. Besides just someone who's you know, morbidly fascinated on death.
Speaker 3: Sure what he talked about descriptions also was evidence of his narcissistic personality in that it was all about him. He was the biggest and best. He cites ever people saying that he was the best, the most skilled serial killer, the greatest. And also when he talks about that he's an excellent lover. He's basically a romantic person that has experienced in s and m and bondage, but also just in the ways of life. So in these all of these stories, he's a sexual stud. He can please women. He knows everything. He's a uber intelligent person because and that's evidenced by the crime that he has. So these stories are all filled.
Speaker 4: And then and how he outsmarts all the stupid cops.
Speaker 3: Certainly, it's it's it's like go.
Speaker 4: Back to his real life experiences as a police officer there in Wilson Manors, Florida. He was a snitch. Even then. He would go to the chief and tell him what officers were slacking off and not writing enough tickets and laying around the donuts shop and that sort of thing. You know, all right, you got the three strands that's taught the fatal triad, you know that they mentioned about homicide, except this is the other side. This is a fatal triad to have in prison. You know, he killed girls underage, he was a cop, and he was a snitch. So you know, I mean, you really can't get much lower than that. So all of his bluster and everything was some of that must have had to have been built up from having to live in prison for quite a while, you know, to build up a front that they could possibly offer some protection. That his activities that as a snitch were so well known in a very small community, I don't care how big the prison is, you know, and they got up, they got a hotline, you know, and so he got job as a wall clerk, and then he would go and get defendant and debrief him and everything about his crime, and then low behold, those details would wind up on the desk of the prosecutor. Oh wait a minute, now, how long do you think he's going to be able to continue operating like that? See? So then the next trick he did that got him killed actually was when there was an actual team of legal consultants who had a hold of a defendant and he weaseled them away from him. He told him to do it for less and so he stole their client away from them, and then again he got him convicted, goten sent to death row. And his Schaeffer's classification officer is my source for this. So that those boys were very, very popular in me and so that that is what he believes accounted for his being murdered. Before he was murdered, his cell was set on fire three different times. It wasn't because he was a snitch. I mean, it wasn't because he was a cop. It wasn't because he killed girls. It was because he was a snitch, and he just it was a part of him that could not could not be controlled, had to do it.
Speaker 3: In this killer fiction, he has a main philosophy someone that he targets that he hates more than anyone else, and he feels it's his mission to eliminate these people.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're talking about whares.
Speaker 3: We're talking about prostitutes. Yes, what is there?
Speaker 4: That's what he calls him. Ho Diferent called him profited. Well, all right, I let's go back to something I mentioned earlier in my interview where he and Harbor sitting out under the blanket, talking about him wanting to kill women. Let's bear down on that for a minute, and unpat, there's more to it. He told me at that time, as we sat out there, that he had already planned to kill a girl, and gave me the details. She lived on the end of his dead ended street, at the at the avenue side, not the dead inside. And so he said that they took out the garbage on Tuesday. So he pulled his station wagon up right by her house and waited for her to take out the trash. And he had the accouterments in the station wagon which he mentioned to me, will hope and concrete block, a rifle, and I'm trying to think what else, but anyway, a blanket to wrap her up. And so he was lurking there waiting for her to come out so he could take her, hit her on the head, wrap her up in the blanket, tie it, carried it into the road, put her in his daddy's little cabin cruiser, take her out into the gulf stream, and shoot her and dumper and except his father came driving by in his car and pulled up and said, hey, John, what you doing. And John's like, oh, nothing, And so he canceled the mission and he didn't do it. And that's what he told me in nineteen and sixty four. And so then when we were working on this book, you know I've met every now and that I'd make little illusions to the things that he had told me before, but I would never say what it was. Then when we sat down in a uh in a person in person meeting, he asked me, you mentioned this before. What were you talking about? And I told him what I had just told you what he said, and he said, that's interesting, he says, because that's not what happened. And from that he wrote the story Gator Bait, and he said that is what really happened. And UH in that he describes UH hiding him way. He enters her house and waits for her to come home from a date, kiss her date good night at the door, and come in by herself. Now, I want to point out something at this point, if you're following his twisted logic, he's reason for doing this was because she was a whore and she was pulling him away from his righteous Catholic nature every time he went jogging by her house, her sitting out there showing off her body. The power of her was enough to derange him from his proper goodness. Okay, that is the way he experienced it. So he called her a whole. Now, look, here's what she was doing, sitting out in her backyard in shorts and a halt, sunbathing. I mean, who doesn't do that? You see? So she didn't have to be a whore. He called her a whore, okay. And then the night that he claims he attacked her, she didn't do anything horror. She went out on the day she kissed the garden knight and came in by herself. See so it isn't you have to understand it wasn't necessarily real whore. It was a psychological mechanism that he would use to characterize someone as the being deserving as event for his h His hatred is disgusted, and he describes what he did to her at any rate. He assaulted her, Let's put it that way. It was vulgar and disgusting. But he didn't kill her, and she continued to live. And and but the title of the of the stories gator bait, because he said, if you do what I said that I'll cut you up and you gator bait or mourning.
Speaker 3: Most of this writing, too, is characterized by this this violence that he reports upon that he rains down on these people, but also the idea of his again, and this is not so uncommon, the idea of sex slaves, people that will do everything that he wants them to do. Yet at the same time he says contradictory things like the one woman said something about and he thought it was quite genuine, pleading for her life, something about her faith in Jesus, and he hesitated, he said, he hesitated. But otherwise if they if they said express something about their faith, he would just kill them quickly. A So he's very contradictory into when you mentioned about justification, saying that they were whoors, there were prostitutes, but in the case that you just mentioned, that wasn't a case. But he's also brags about being so open minded and experienced in the S and M lifestyle that it don't make much sense.
Speaker 4: I didn't put in this book, And when I get ready to do the second edition of this book, I'm also going to come out in another volume in which he goes into some other things. Well, at the time I took it as just complete fantasy. In the interval, we've had Jeffrey Epstein and other related cases come to life. And there was a operative who was sent in on me and who tried to work me to my document for at least ten years, and a point where he revealed to me that he had been invited to go on this of offshore trip out and it involved recreational murder. And that is what Shaefer was writing about in these stories I didn't necessarily include in Killer Fiction. There a whole bunch of more stories, and they revolve around the idea that the women or girls were sex trafficked and then whenever they were used up, that the privilege of killing them would be sold. It would be part of what he called the fleet trade. Well, I didn't publish that stuff. I never heard anything like that before, and in the intervening years. It's kind of creepy that, you know, I really didn't question him about it, like what really happened about that? What do you really know or anything. I just kept on and encouraging him to write more. You see, I wanted the data, and I had to divorce myself from my natural personal reaction to it. Now, I'd like to talk for a second about the thing you were picking up on, which was contradictoriness. And I want to say that when Elton Schwartz took his case to defend him, he was going around trying to talk to anyone who ever knew him, and he commented for the record that he thought Schaeffer must have a split personality, because everyone who knew him saw no indication of any of this kind of a character. And in those days we did not have the diagnose of multiple personality disorder which has now become dissociative identity disorder. However, from my dealing with Schaeffer in real life and going on day to day with you know, activities of daily living and so forth, I would have to say I believe that he did have a dissociative identity disorder because he had clearly contradictory identities and he would switch and I have letters from him in which he would switch on the same page.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 4: And we had there was a lag there with the body of research and the psychological theory. We had to kind of come around to being able to interpret his personality in those terms. But I do think it's important, and I want to say about myself that in dealing with a person who really is dissociative, it's not an excuse like you're Kim Bianki. It's real. And I would also say it was real and Danny rowling. But if you have to do that eventually you or I, let's just leave it to me. I had to develop what I call a multiple interface to where whenever this character would come at me, I would have to immediately respond on that frequency and don't really make any who have diference to the other contradictory presentations don't confront him with that because there's one thing it will drive a fragile person into a spasm of lack of control is when you break the fantasy. Okay, So if his fantasy right now is that he's a framed X cop, you don't just really want to just jerk him out of that and all of a sudden remind him that he claims to be the greatest killer of women in the century. You just kind of have to be reactive to where he is. And I say that because of what you call trial and error. I say that because I made mistakes, okay, And so it wasn't that I was so at this or anything like that. It's that I had to do it, and so I tried, you know, saying you're a liar and look what you said yesterday and all that kind of stuff, and eventually I had to get practical and deal with what was in front of me.
Speaker 8: Judy was boring.
Speaker 2: Hello.
Speaker 8: Then Judy discovered chumpacasino dot com.
Speaker 4: It's my little escape.
Speaker 8: Now Judy is the life of the party.
Speaker 4: Oh baby, mama is bringing home the bacon.
Speaker 8: WHOA, take it easy, Judy. Jump the Chumba life is for everybody. So go to chumpacasino dot com and play over one hundred casino style games. Join today and play for free for your chance to redeem some serious prices. Jump chump acasino dot com. Noe's necessarily, We're quittedt my etem lost terms and condition to play se what's every details?
Speaker 4: Hello?
Speaker 7: It is Ryan and I was on a flight the other day playing one of my favorite social spin slot games on chumpacasino dot com. I looked over the person said next to me, and you know what they were doing. They were also playing Chumba Casino coincidence. I think not everybody's loving having fun with it. Chumba casino's home the hundreds of casino style games. Do you can play for free anytime, anywhere, even at thirty thousand feet. So sign up now at Chumbuck Casino dot com to claim you're free. Welcome bonut, that's Chumbuck Casino dot com and live the chumber line.
Speaker 9: No, we're necessary, I dily where everybody lost in terms of conditions eighteen plus?
Speaker 4: Does that make sense?
Speaker 3: Certainly? I can understand to a certain degree by interviewing a psychopathic killer for a year. And I had a goal and I believe he had a goal. They were different goals, though, but I did have to act like nothing he said to me shocked me.
Speaker 4: Oh that's right, I had to do.
Speaker 3: I had to do that because it seems very very similar in the disgusting nature. There seems to be an envelope that this guy he claims to be. This is just another genre of fiction where he's pushing the envelope, the disgusting envelope. Yeah, I'm very aware of that as well. I think they're trying to see how far they can go, and they do realize that it's far past anybody's acceptance, but they want to see it again. You mentioned reaction, and reaction is what he wants from this killer fiction, and from every letter that he sent you. That's evidence that's evident in the book itself.
Speaker 4: So when he started right off, he was being really, really hateful and ugly toward women, and I tolerated it. I built up a tolerance for it. Somehow, it didn't just stab me in the gut every time I read it. I'd be able to handle it. He got that way about homosexuals, he was real vicious about that. Uh, he even got that way about Muslims. I guess he was preciant that he went off on Muslims. And you know, I k I managed to handle it with an even keel and keep working. And then he started in on the blacks, and I I it. It broke me. I snapped, and I s I. I took what he wrote me and I bawled it up and sent it. I screamed, scribbled all over it and sent it back and said this is disgusting. And uh, he got so excited, and he was like, oh, finally he got a reaction from the media, queen, you know, And I was like, oh, no, you know, that's exactly what hazel Wood warn you about, you know, but uh I, once I went through that, that is when I decided it was even more important that I published it. Now, I want to tell you something else. I was working for an attorney at the time, and his law office was a First Amendment UH law office represented like the New York Times and other papers and defense actions, right, but he was an expert, and he also taught constitutional law at the college. So when I got this put together manuscript, I asked him if he would look at it and tell me what is this and what should I do with it? And we discussed was a pornography and he said that it was a pornography because pornography by the courts was almost always a visuals that they did not bother with straight text as far as how pornographic it might be. So he said he wouldn't worry about that. And he said the most curious thing to me, Dan, He said, if you don't publish this, you will be doing serious harm to the First Amendment. And I was like, what.
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 4: And he said, you are oblicated to publish this, and if you if you take the role of censoring it, then you are internalizing the oppression of the First Amendment. So that's something I don't think anybody's ever charged anyone with. But that's what happened along way to publishing this consulted and then that was what I was advised, that was my legal counsel that if I didn't publish it, I was harming the First Amendment. Well, you know, Shaeffer wrote this stuff in Florida State prison. But when I typesaid it and sent back to him, it was seized and called pornographic filth and he was thrown in the hole for thirty days for having it.
Speaker 3: And what did they say to you? I know what they did to him.
Speaker 4: Basic They said, you're not a real journalist. And I said, oh, yes I am. And I sent them the letters of incorporation of my publishing company, Pete Media Queen, LLC. And I said this is a Georgia corporation. Excuse me, I said, uh, I have a corporation. I'm a journalist. And then they said you are under investigation and you won't be allowed in the prisons until we complete our investigation. And I said, okay, fine, I says, why don't I come up there and meet with you so you can investigate me? And they said, no, that's not how it works. So that went along, and they kicked me out of Florida State Prison. And then they transferred Schaeffer down to Belglade, which I said, lower security, and it was down there so he could go to a hearing. And while he was there, they let me in to visit him at Belglade, and so that way I got quote unquote on his visiting list. Okay, so when he listened back to Florida State Prison, there I was on his list. See well, that made them extremely angry. So they told I was in Atlanta. I call, said him on my head down there and visit him. I just wanted to check as he available to receive visits. No, no, come on down. Everything's like, come on down, come on down. I wait in the line. I get up there and they said, well, sorry, this London, you're not allowed to enter this prison. I said what I called yesterday, you know, right. So it went from there. It went on.
Speaker 3: Now the course, now, the correspondence you had with Gerard John Schaeffer lasted quite a while, but the tone of these letters changed dramatically from the beginning to the in sort of midpoint, and then at the end of tell us about the change in the correspondence and why, oh.
Speaker 4: You put it in such a sane way. You know, it was pretty it was pretty crazy. Well he went along, he went along, sending me all this stuff, and I had a meeting with him in person and I said, look here, John, I says, this is stupid. I says, you're not a real serial coader. It's writing all this dirty stuff and sending it to me, and I don't want to read it anymore or not. I don't want to be bothered with you. And then he's like, oh really, and he's like, whoa, you will miss out on your chance of a lifetime to have a real serial killer, and you know all this and all this, and I'm like, yeah, uh huh. At that point he offered up artist Tool, whom he had comed into working with me by telling him I was going to send him money, which was a lot. And so he says, oh, I've got otist Tool for you. Isn't that great? You can have a real serial killer. And that went off on another tension. As for him, he started the next phase of his assault, and this one you would describe as uh, I'll prove to you that it's worth your time to stick around with me.
Speaker 8: And his.
Speaker 4: His ever elusory goal was his appeal. He had an appeal. Schaeffer had twenty appeals. He got all the way to the United States Supreme Court. So he said, oh, I've got an appeal, and when my appeal's over, I'll give you everything I'll give you you know, blah blah blah. So just stick around. And so that was that phase. And during that phase, he sent me things that were more and more incriminating and statements that were more and more in the first person, in fact based, and finally I said to him, John, Okay, that's it. I'm convinced you're a serial killer. Okay. So that was fine except for his other personality okay, And that was where we started the next phase, which was to threaten me and threaten my child. Uh. I had a personal friendship with a touring musician that I never mentioned to him. He sent me a letter with that musician's tour date, sent it and said he's not safe either. He sent people in on me personally to drop off threatening messages. Uh, tuck them in my in the winch. You'll wipe out my car and uh, he also started a program of sending out UH all these statements he UH found willing publishers. UH for example, Fatal Visions in Australia, and they published a a curse that he put on me, who wrote this law elaborate satanic curse against me. It's still out there somewhere, and uh, oh, I gotta tell you this, this, it's just terrible. One day I got a call from Roy Hazelwood. Oh hi, woy good to hear from you. Well, he says, UH, not so good. He says, so, what do you think our boy's up to now? And I said, oh no, and he said, oh yes. He Shaeffer had sat down and he had written to every cop shop that he can find in his book of cop shops and sent them a statement saying that UH contacts son for London Media Queen to find out details of homicides in your jurisdiction. Sontra London is close personal friends, on an intimate relationship with Roy Hazelwood. Okay. And when Roy told me that I like to died, I like to die write them there, I'm like, oh no, I never told him anything. He said, I know, I know, and he said, I'm not blaming you, But I just thought you ought to know whoa And I was so ashamed, and I was so embarrassed, and this is the kind of stuff he was doing, you know. And it was just that Roy Hazelwood was big minded enough and he knew me well enough that he didn't just drop a bomb on me or something.
Speaker 3: You know, when when Schaeffer sent those letters threatening your daughter, threatening, and he had the connections in prison to be able to do this, to reach out to you and your family to be able to do this, and then as you say, you had evidence he could do that. Uh, what was the reason behind that?
Speaker 4: He commits a serial killer?
Speaker 3: Yeah, but at one point in there he wants to be known as a serial killer exactly.
Speaker 4: That's what I was talking about. Dissociation.
Speaker 3: See was there any merit to him? Yeah, but he says that you have to do some brain surgery.
Speaker 4: On your own brain because the normal brain wants to resolve inconsistencies and say this is the truth, that is a lie, this is true, that is false, And the mind wants to settle settle down, and the mind wants to make up its mind. The mind wants to come to terms and all that prevents you from properly perceiving that you're dealing with multiple personality. And only if you can really really go in there and wrench your mind open for just a minute, just try it for one minute and try to allow that these mutually exclusive states of mind both exist there. Now, I'll tell you something that is in the book. And it happened. And so I sat down with him, if face to face, and this is before they kicked me out, and I said, John, why are you doing this? Why are you sending out all these letters to these people when on you got me all winded up telling them you're an innocent framed cop. Why are you sending them these letters saying that that you're gonna confess the homicides? And he said, you don't understand because you're not a serial killer, and I'm like, hmm, you're right about that. Then he started trying to explain, and it really got through to me. And I don't know if it would get through to anyone else who hasn't actually been there. Actually I had to go through this, but it did get through to me. And he said this. He says, it's like you're in your room upstairs and I'm down the ground trying to get your attention, and I'm throwing rocks in your window, and you're picking the rocks up off the floor, and they're all different colors and you can't figure out where they're coming from because they're all different colors, and so he kind of pauses, and again then Leen's forward. He stares me in the eyes. I can still see it now, and he speaks with pauses like I'm going to see now, and he says they are different colors because they're coming from different places. And there was just something about that that opened up my mind to what I was dealing with, and I found it very useful later when I had to deal with Danny Rowling. And the thing about the images of the rocks that are different colors is that they are not They don't mix. They don't mix. They're not a fluid, they're not a sand. They remain distinct. Each rock remains distinct from the other, and there are hard borders between them. And I just think if if you could just get that image, I think sometime it might help you to understand what you're dealing with if you are dealing with one of these kind of people. I don't know, it just helped me.
Speaker 3: In the writings, he talks extensively about his interactions with Ted Bundy, saying that Ted Bundy was a did some crimes in a copycat fashion, trying to emulate Schaeffer, who he looked up to tell us a little bit more about these interactions with Ted Bundy that he had in Florida State prison, he says he did.
Speaker 4: Other people say his lying, So there, what can I tell you? I do know he was lying about the stuff he put out about Artist Tool. He put out this interview with artist Tool that is still all over the net and people believe it and they'll quote it when they're talking about like ritual crime. You know, Autist Tool did this Auto do and it was written by Schaeffer, and I could, uh, I could tell you that from one hundred miles away, and an Autist Tool doesn't have that kind of a Florida imagination or ability to express himself. And uh, surely Autist Tool had his own, very very profoundly disturbed case. But it wasn't what Shaefer said it was. It was all Shape was saying that. And as far as Bundy, it just fits Shaffer's grandiose profile. To take something and build it up like that, uh doctor Seue's story, and to see say and to think that I saw it on Mulberry Street, remember that one. Each time he tells that the story gets wilder and wilder, And to me, that's kind of like his creative process. Like when I told him that these characters weren't in a personality, he turns one into a real person in rights to real killers and says they should be killed. You see. So they said, well Bundy was there, Oh yeah, I was with him, you know, and nobody can really prove he was with him. I talked to his crossication officer and he said he could have been with him. He could have been transported with him on permanent quarters with him. It could have happened nice and yet it also could have not happened.
Speaker 3: M It's interesting how of how much instigation went into trying to manipulate Artist Tool into admitting about Adam Walsh and giving all these details. Again, it sounds like Schaeffer was involved in giving those kinds of details to a half wit like Artist Tool.
Speaker 4: Okay, no, no, I have an audio tape of a this Tool before he even met Shaeffer and telling the details of that of what he did. That is a case that the public doesn't realize what's gone on. And let's see if I'll get in trouble for saying what I'm going to say, which is I investigated this case, and I talked to the homicide detective who was in charge of the case, and his mouth, to my ear was John Walsh has never been cleared of complicity in his son's his disappearance. That's number one. Number two, John Walsh and his wife Reva were carrying on one of those operations similar to what our friend Epstein was doing, where they were getting tape to blackmail people sexual situations. And it just so happened that when the boy got snatched, Ms Reva was going on an assignation with a job. Okay, So therefore police had to go into their little black book and interview all the people who had crossed into that that operation. Okay, And that is what was in the police records. Okay.
Speaker 9: Round two, Name something that's not boring.
Speaker 1: Laundry, a book club, computer solitaire.
Speaker 9: Huh oh, sorry, we were looking for chum about casino to jump. That's right, chumbat casino dot com as over one hundred casino style games joined today and the play for free for your chance to redeem some serious prizes Jump Chumbacasino dot comay blusters. The Conision of Blue website details all.
Speaker 4: Those interviews with those Johns. Okay, in this whole situation that walsha going. But Walsh was a cash cow at Fox and Fox and instilians, sup lawyers. They killed the story. Okay, and my my tape of artists confessing to what he did was killed at that same time as the lawyers came and closed in on that. Because they tabloids follow the Floyer request them. They got those police records, they got them all right, but not a one published them. And they didn't publish the tape I have and the tape is real and and w and I I interviewed artist myself and uh he was very very real about what he had suffered in the in the life of a ritual crime that he had uh endured with uh unbelievable. I'm just saying that Shaffer hijacket, Okay, And and there was another tape of that I arranged a uh tool where the guy said, what about Shaffer? Schaffer? He says Shafer he says he's scared of death in me. He holds out of his hand. He said he's shaken just like this when he talks to me. Okay, so look here's what we got. We've got a big bullshitter. Okay, I I he's uh a con man and a bullshitter. And it's interesting to the true crime community because he is not just a casual bullshit or he's not HP Lovecraft. He is a real criminal. And these are really the way his thoughts go. And it took someone like me to not allow it to be censored because these thoughts are going on all the time. Probably other writers have uncovered material this disgusting, similarly disgusting, but they wouldn't publish it because they wanted to have a popular book that a lot of people would read. And this book, it's hard to read or hurt your feelings. And he just doesn't give anybody a break. And when I look at the way these people get all excited about what is Suman calls me the wrong prona for what I think I am. You know, I'm just like, look, honey, don't even pick up this book. Okay, just don't even think about the title, the author anything because talk about your feelings being hurt. You know, you won't get through half a page. And it's really published in the interest of being research material for people who are seriously in need of understanding the criminal mind. Okay, it's not recreational. It's not a Disney ride where you get on you feel a lit Lulu Lulu, but you know you're safe, you know, and the ride is going to be over. It's not that.
Speaker 3: It's interesting the themes that he has in the writing. Though I've seen discussing material, like I said, I've I've dealt with it myself. But this he goes to great links to talk about and say that he researched executions and to see and he's focused in trusted in defecation and urination at the time that death, no, no.
Speaker 4: Full stop. He's interested in defecation full stop. And here's the way I figured it. You know, we have that oak cliche shell scare you to death. Yeah, but he'll he'll try to just scare you, scare the ship out of you if he can, and you know, then he's satisfied. And then I noticed this scalpy he got caught where he tied her up and everything and she got loose. He uh put her on a fireman's carry over her shoulder. Well, that puts pressure on her, Adamin, doesn't it. And uh, that's really his payoff. And I can tell you this. I edited Shaeffer and I tried to influence Shaeffer. I told Shaeffer, Look, John, I said, Uh, all that stuff about murder and killing, that's great. We like to hear about that. We you go on in about PP and coca as if we don't. I said, we are adults, we're grown, We're not interested in PP and cocka, okay, so just knock it off. Well, as soon as I tell him knock it off, of course, he redoubles it. And so I find myself, well, look, John, you write it, I throw it away. That's what's gonna happen. So just if you're going to still continue to write that stuff, I'm still going to continue to throw it away. So believe me, I threw away a lot of it. And what you see in there, I only let it be in there if it absolutely was part of the plotline. Okay, And what you see, believe me, I've taken out five times as much because I told him, we're just just disgusting, Yes.
Speaker 3: But it is that lightening. Huh, it's very enlightening. I mean, we don't want to focus on disgusting.
Speaker 4: Left it in there. You saw it, yes, I saw it. One thing you know that it was even worse than the original and the handwritten.
Speaker 3: I can't even imagine. One thing that's very interesting we didn't talk about and we need to talk about is that it's part of this psychological attack on you eventually, and then of course the threats to you and your family, and then his denigration of you as a called you the same word whore as well, and a sheet and a liar.
Speaker 4: Uh. In this.
Speaker 3: He also claims that you were the trigger, that your relationship was also a trigger. Explain that. What do you say.
Speaker 4: I think it's true because among the papers that were in evidence, there was a letter. He had been arrested and he was in jail, he hadn't been charged, and he wrote a letter to his mother and he talked about his dear wife, Teresa, he was married to that. In that that's a whole other story. It was put out aside for now, and he talked about a girl who was his mistress at the time. Her name was Lynnette, and he said, but the one I can't forget was Sandy, and he geez, it's been you know, ten years. And he wrote that in his letter to his mother upon first being arrested. I was the one he couldn't forget. Well, I'll tell you a little about about how we broke up. Maybe it's a pertinent to criminological studies. I had some friends who happened to be boys. They were not any kind of romantic, they were just friends. And they didn't like Shaeffer. And they had this cute guy that went to college nearby, and they said, let's introduce her to him. Maybe she'll fall for him. And they did and I did, and he became my new boyfriend, cute as he could be. And he was a college boy, right, And I'm telling John, okay, well that's it, you know, goodbye, so longside and aurah baby and so forth. His quote to me was I'll get you back. Why you know that, I would never think in a million years that he meant anything other than he would like to be my boyfriend again. Only in deep retrospect or I think of the double meaning between that and the other meaning of the phrase I'll get you back, and then when I talked to him. I had a conversation with him sometime in that following year, and he told me that he was hiding and watching when I came home from my date with my new boyfriend. We sat out in the car. Next he told me he was out there watching me.
Speaker 3: Jeez.
Speaker 4: And that's when he used that phrase, I'll get you back, okay, So that was kind of creepy. I mean. Then it does tell you a little bit more about his whole criminal profile.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's very interesting too in the letter, in the progression of the tone in the letters, where he starts off very very very confident and of course boasting and bragging, and then and then you negotiate this deal between you to write this book, and then at some point believes you portrayed him, and then the tone changes to just outright threats and all his importance. But then at some point he also tries to then make amends with you. He does and in in the same again in the same month or in the same letter against against.
Speaker 4: That's right, yeap, And he me to interfere with me. There was a case of Danny Bowling, who goes in quite popular in the newspapers and everything, and he's singing to me in court and whatnot. Okay. And that that day when Danny Rowling sang to me in court, little little is known that that hearing was moved three times. Okay. The hearing was scheduled to be held at one place, and I went there and they said it's been moved, and so went to the other place. It's been moved. Okay. I finally went to where they had it and then they wasn't going to let me in, and they said this is only for media, and I says, well, I am edia, I'm reporting for a current affair. And their little local newspaper reporter that they knew so well, she said, she is, I've seen the story, okay, And so they had to let me in. So they let me in. So there was one of the local reporters who told me this later, and he told me he had three sources on it, and he said the reason that was moved three times, and all that was because they had word that Danny Rowling was going to break out. He was going to hold me hostage and break out, okay, And they was Shaeffer. Shaeffer told them that Shaeffer told them that, okay, But besides, that is the stupidest thing, Like you don't have metal detectors, you know, Like you don't have a whole place full of armed guards, you know. And then someone else made the joke if he was going to kidnap someone, why not Kidna's someone that someone that people cared about. Why he said, okay, but I'm just saying that's how far Shaeffer kept on and on and on. I want to tell you one more thing. Remember I told you he was transferred over there to the Belglade prison, and while he was there, he gave thought to following a guilty plead to all his murders and then he would tell me everything. And he said he I didn't want to do that less it was okay with his mom. So his mom and I came together to visit him at the prison, and I sat with them as he presented this to her and said, Mom, what if I plead guilty, would it be okay to you and everything? And she pretty much said yes, sure, I don't care, you know, And so that was what he was supposed to do. He was kind of supposed to plead guilty now because mom said it wouldn't bother her, right, But you know you have to yet to see all this stuff goes on behind the scenes. You can only put so much in one book.
Speaker 3: Yes, absolutely, Why don't you tell us about plans for new editions of not only Killer Fiction, but the book you did about Danny Rowling, tell us about the what happened to enabled you to be able to do this, tell us a little bit about us and these new ddutions.
Speaker 4: Thank you for asking, Dan. Both these books were published by Farrell House, which was slowly owned by Adam Parfrey. He died and his sister, Jessica Parfrey inherited the business. And meanwhile, Fararelhouse never did one five cents worth of promotion of any of my books or any books. Only books they promoted were books that were written by Adam, and so the books just withered on the vine, and you let him go out of print. And I had complaints about both of those books, about the way they were typeset, and they never gave me a blue line proof to examine and just run them to print. And now he said, no, oh no, no, not that this, you know, and look this okay they had Adam said, well, we'll fix it on the second run, and what they did was never did a second run and left them like that, never advertised them. A lot of people would go looking for these books, couldn't find them, even on the Faraoh House website, couldn't find them. Write to me and say where can I get these books? And I have similar letter to Pharaoh House and say, look, people can't find the books and everything's nothing. Nothing happened. So anyway, now I put through a request, a formal request, and I got the copyright back from the Making of a Serial Killer, which is the book about Danny Rowling, and so I am right up to the end of that book to put I'm going to put it out myself on Amazon and a ninety nine percent done. I just have a couple of finishing touches to put on it, and that it's going to be the second edition of the Making of a Serial Killer, which is the story of Danny Rowling. And it's pretty much like the first edition, folks, except there's a lot more illustrations, and the type setting conventions I established are now actually implemented instead of disregarded, and so it'll be better. But anyway, it'll be ready soon. And I like books I don't care about e books, So you'll be able to get an actual book of the Making of a Serial Killer really, really, really really soon, I promise. Then as soon as I get that out, we'll complete the next volume, Beyond the Killer fiction, because, like I mentioned a minute ago, you do a lot of work on a case, only so much can go on a book, and that's twice as much for Danny Rowling. I have a ton of new material on Danny Rowling, and I have it already compiled. I've already got four hundred pages, but I have two interviews I want to do to add to it, and with some more artwork, and that will kind of afterwards. It's all the covers on the verbs are done. Oh, let's say, probably eighty five percent of the text is already in dot said, and all a little bit more to do on it, So those are really going to be coming out. As soon as I can get the second edition of the Making of a Serial Killer done, I will get that out. Then I will set to work finishing up Beyond the Making of a Serial Killer and what I'd like people to do who want to be notified about this. I have a website. It's called Sondra London dot com. And on that website you can see a lot of examples of my work. You can read them, and you can send me a message on the contact and you can say, let me know when that book's coming out, and then you'll go on a list and I will let you know when that book comes out. Now, once I get those two, those those two are like, you know, they kind of like Sime. These twins. Beyond the Making of the Serial Killer picks up where the other book leaves off. So then after that we'll get to Schaeffer and you will they have a similar structure. I'm just gonna do a second edition of exactly what we have here, but with some of the jeez, I've been reading it over. There's so many type posts I can weep. But anyway, it'll just be pretty much what it is, except you can get it as a book, which is what I like books. And then after that I will continue on with Beyond Killer Fiction, which is going to contain a lot of this story I left out, like what I was telling you about the freak trade, about the white you know, when he let me just interject, you don't mind. I know we're probably running out of time. But I'm jumping back. Yes, remember when he tied up those two girls and they got away. Part of what he was doing to terrorize them, wanted to cause fear. Was telling him that they live about white slavery and he was going to put them in white slavery. And John in fact, did travel to Morocco, to five continents plus Canada, did a lot of traveling, and he kept saying had something to do with white slavery. Well, again, you know, I didn't probe, but it just seemed to be grandiose and really be on the scope of what I wanted to encourage him. And you know, I didn't want to get him off onto a wild thing when there were real, real cases here. So I've kind of let it go. But I think it's historically relevant and it would be good to have those on the public record. Those things that he said were real. I mean, he wrote them as fiction, but he also wrote me letters saying it real.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, So that stuff is going.
Speaker 4: To show up in the following volume.
Speaker 3: What would be looking forward to that?
Speaker 4: I gotta tell you, if you're the best, you know, I sent out notices to a lot of people, and they've been on your sh show and everyone wrote back how much they love you.
Speaker 3: Oh, thank you. I want to I have the best fans in the whole world, and I want to thank you and the audience for listening tonight. Thank you for coming on and talking about killer fiction stories that convicted the ex cop of murder. I want to thank you very much, Sondra London and look forward to speaking to you again real soon about the Danny Rowling case. I want you to have a great evening and thank you very much.
Speaker 4: And thank your audience.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Bye, good night, good night. Step into the world of power, loyalty and luck.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse.
Speaker 8: We're family, Canoli's and spins mean everything.
Speaker 5: Now you want to get mixed up in the family business. Introducing The Godfather at Champa Casino dot com, Your luck.
Speaker 8: And the shadowy world of the Godfather Slought.
Speaker 5: Someday I will call upon you to do a service for me.
Speaker 8: Play the Godfather now at Champa Casino dot com.
Speaker 4: Welcome to the.
Speaker 1: Family VTW group. No purchase necessary if we're pribitted by loss.
Speaker 3: He Terms and conditions eighteen plus