Speaker 1: Time for rock news on one oh one to one w JRIR, Orlando's rock station. Let's check in with Lynchintaco and see which rockers are making the headlines for all the right and wrong reasons.
Speaker 2: One one w JRR all Right, rock News brought you this week by Mills Air. Let's begin with this sad note. Today marks five years since the passing of a Rush drummer Neil Peart from brain cancer.
Speaker 1: Was five years ago.
Speaker 2: Five years ago on January seventh. If you remember, his family held back for about three days before they let the world know what had happened when they announced it on January tenth. But yeah, he actually passed on January seventh, five years ago. UM, this kind of sucks. Developers accidentally bulldozed Angus and Malcolm Young's childhood home where they formed ACDC. The developers quote say we are genuinely sorry for this oversight. The who owned it, these developers bought I guess the land in the surrounding area. The childhood home of the brothers and bandmates from ACDC located on Burley Street in Sydney's Inner West, and it was knocked down after they purchased it back in twenty twenty three for approximately three point six million dollars and just recently bulldoze it and several other houses in the area. I'm assuming condo's probably going up.
Speaker 1: Right when the condo's gotta go up, the condo's gotta go up for maybe.
Speaker 2: Another bank, some high end apartments, maybe a car wask Yeah, there you go storage unit. Fans had made pilgrimage to this place to you know, now that's rock and roll significance.
Speaker 1: Now would be pilgrimming up to go will be the six story condo they grew up in a condo.
Speaker 2: Three members of Jane's Addiction are working together on new music. Most notably absent would be the front vocalist Perry Ferrell, Eric Avery, Stephen Perkins, and Dave Navarro are working on new music. That's about what we know. Whether or not mister Ferrell works into these plans at any point, is I guess to be determined.
Speaker 1: Is he possibly in rehab and they're keeping it on the DL and then go.
Speaker 2: Again, I'm not quite sure. Perry has, of course, made a very public apology to all of his bandmates, most notably Dave Navarro, who took the brunt of the outrage in the breakdown during the show. It was at Boston a little while back. So I can't imagine Jane's addiction without Perry Feryll. No, is that that vocals right instantly recognizable? Yeah, although you know you can well other bands have replaced their lead vote, yes they.
Speaker 1: Have, but not usually a successful journey did pretty.
Speaker 2: Well well, there's been well a CDC also comes a note. Iron Maiden comes to note. There's there's definitely Jerry Cantrell off Alice and James says he has talked to Metallica's James Hetfield about possibly writing some music together. Both these guys really good songwriters. Could you imagine them, you know, pulling their efforts for something. Jerry says that he's actually been you know, over to James's place, you know, on many occasions. The guitars have come out and they've you know, noodled around, but no real formal but the idea has been thrown out there that maybe they might in the future collaborate on something be cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I would. I think whatever they come up with, you get.
Speaker 2: Jerry has a tremendous amount of respect not only for Metallica but for James Headfield. He calls James literally the godfather and ultimate front man just he says, he just has this knack for being able to come and an audience's attention without being, you know, about myself, and that's just so accurate. You go you see Metallic Alive. James is great. He kind of orchestrates the whole thing, but he doesn't make it about him. He makes it about the audience. The fans totally always have.
Speaker 1: Can you imagine going over to James Hetfield's house and breaking out guitars? That would be.
Speaker 2: Wow, especially if you were another guitarist. Intimidating is the word that comes to mind. Marilyn Manson will be the subject of a three part documentary that will air on British television Channel four this month. It's called Unmasked, and he had three part documentary. He's going to go into everything behind the scenes over the years that resulted in Brian Warner's transformation into Marilyn Manson and everything that went along with it, including the still pending civil litigation. Keep in mind, he hasn't been charged legally with anything, but these civil cases are still out there and a lot of question marks remain about, you know, what went on, what was alleged, and I don't know how much this documentary's gonna be able to answer, but certainly that'll be interesting.
Speaker 1: He's not gonna incriminate himself.
Speaker 2: Though I don't know if he's lending his his input to the documentary or they're just piecing stuff together from other folks. It kind of look I looked at the short trailer and it's all other people talking about him and some of the latest women who you know, have some of the cultures. Yeah, so that'll certainly be interesting. Again, that's coming out on British television. I'm assuming at some point we'll all be able to have access to it. Randy Blythe from Lamb of God has an upcoming book tour and he wants parents to know this will not be appropriate for you to bring your kids. Just after one of the Lamb of God's fans told Randy of his plans to bring his son to the the book signing slash spoken word deal or anything like that. That's probably not gonna be a good idea because look, I've been clean and sober for about fourteen years, but I'm going to be talking about and reliving and conveying some of the things prior to that that are the subject matter of this book, and it's not really appropriate for young years, so understandable he's got that coming out, and what else do we have here before we finish up Iron Maiden. Bruce Dickinson says that Iron Maiden fans are going to get to hear songs they've never done live before on the Run for Your Lives tour this year, and he also said that it will go into twenty twenty six as well as the band marks their fiftieth anniversary. They say they're going to play songs only from the first nine albums, from nineteen eighty self titled debut to nineteen ninety two's Fear of the Dark. So get ready if you get a chance to see Maiden on their upcoming tour for some serious deep cuts and songs they've never performed live before, which is hard to imagine for a band that's been out there for fifty years that they haven't got to everything yet.
Speaker 1: Would you rather see that or watch James and what's his name?
Speaker 2: Iron Maiden all day long? Okay it's my I'm very wrong. I love James Redfield and Jerry Cantrell. But see Iron Maiden playing nothing but stuff off the first nine albums. There you go, There you go. All right, that's your rock news for this week
Speaker 1: Orlando's rock station