Speaker 1: Check Podcasts.
Speaker 2: Thanks for listening to the Donnie and Dolly podcast. Catch the show Monday through Friday, ten am to noon on Check.
Speaker 3: I think you're gonna want to hear this.
Speaker 2: Your local sports coverage lives here.
Speaker 1: Two nothing, It's Alva not so fast cohole breath with John Taylor. I say that the winner of the draft lottery should be the winner of a two man loose.
Speaker 4: And Rick Dolly Wall I had a cherry tree, Little Ricky. I used to go up that tree and just sit there for hours and munch on news cherry.
Speaker 2: Years Donnie and Dolly ten o'clock at downtown Vankurver, the Paul Carson Studio.
Speaker 1: Thanks for tuning in, folks.
Speaker 4: It's Donnia Dolly.
Speaker 1: The team on Check don Taylor, along with Rick Dollywall. Ryan Henderson is our producer. He is normally the man at the controls right now, and I don't even know the status of the situation awaiting the birth of a second child. He's not going to be with us.
Speaker 4: We've been there, We've been there this week.
Speaker 1: Instead, we have as our producer Nina Savage, and we're lucky to have her.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Derek Wan Voice of God helping us out as well, our director.
Speaker 4: How are you so quiet this morning? No fights, no yelling, no screaming. It was so nice.
Speaker 1: Well, you're still here and the morning's still young. So all the best to Ryan Henderson, his wife Kelsey, and his son Max and family. Okay, so we'll keep you posted, folks. You know, moving on here. As we transition, you look forward to something all day or for a couple of days in the world of sports or anything really, and we're talking about I'm talking about Game seven yesterday in Buffalo, Sabers and Halbs, and it exceeded expectations. That just doesn't happen all that often.
Speaker 4: That was just good.
Speaker 1: That was a tremendous series. Strange, I mean, lopsided scores, goaltenders pulled just when you think a team is out. It's not like something from The Godfather. Three here they pulled you back in. It was so good. Game seven went to overtime yesterday, three two halves over the Sabers. Will take a look at Alex Newhook's overtime goal here a knuckle puck And of course, former Victoria Grizzly you pointed that out two years ago, moments ago before the store, before the show started eleven of overtime, what fabulous entertainment. I thought the Buffalo Sabers and Elliott Frieman felt the same way. I felt the Buffalo Sabers were the better team. They outshot the Habs thirty nine to twenty five. But as John Cooper said, you know, the Sabers won the game. John Cooper said this after Canada lost the gold medal in Italy. You know, Sabers won the game, but the Habs won the score, and off they go. Off they go to the Eastern Conference Final against a well rested group of Carolina Hurricanes, and it's just what I thought. There's a million things I found amazing. But you know, Alex Newhook and look, this is a franchise that goes back to nineteen o nine. He's the first Montreal Canadian to score a game seven overtime goal on the road way back to nineteen ninety nine, nineteen o nine. You just I would assume, maybe this is naive of me. Maybe I don't know that much. I'm sure a lot of people agree with that, but I just assumed somebody along the line a team that you know, we're going back to a sixteen league, had so much success in the playoffs. We all know about their multiple Stanley Cups, that somebody would have done that, But Alex Newhook former Victoria Grizzly eleven twenty two of overtime the first player to achieve that. Now, also this yak Abdovish, he would more horrible in game six.
Speaker 4: He would tell you that we went back with him.
Speaker 1: They go, well, they didn't really have a choice. I mean, he got there right. So he's an early con Smith candidate. We're going to take a look at some of his saves from yesterday. Just absolutely fabulous early Con smyth candidate. After a couple of rounds two game seven wins now both on the road. The only player to do that, the only goaltender and haves history to do that in the past, Rick Ken Dryden, Ken Dryden. Of course they're wearing the number twenty nine these days on their outfits because can of course left us back back in September of twenty twenty five. So only Ken Dryden did that in the past. Also with yakub dobus six road wins and he is the only Montreal Canadian goaltender to do that other than Kenn Dryden and Patrick Waw. You know we're talking about cons my trophy winners here, legendary Montreal goaltenders. He's just absolutely fabulous. So have we've got the clip of yakub after the game. Yeah, we do, because so on top of all of this, yak abduobus and I'm gonna get going to relate all this to the connuction in a second, folks, But jak Abduobush. Also, this is the most important, as you know if you watch this show enough. No, the most important thing, most important quality a player can have is to be nice to the media and be a good interview Check him out postgame.
Speaker 5: It's been fourteen incredibly grueling games through the playoffs to this point.
Speaker 1: How are you holding out me? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Oh I can't play forty more?
Speaker 1: Really?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: That great?
Speaker 4: Wow? Yeah love that.
Speaker 1: He's something else. So the playoffs continue Conference Finals, the Eastern Final Game one Montreal at Carolina that's on Thursday. Carolina hasn't played since May ninth. Western Conference Final Game one Vegas at Colorado on on Wednesday.
Speaker 4: So let me say a couple of things that Abs are the youngest team in the NHL to reach the conference finals since nineteen ninety one. Who did that back then? The Habs, the Kings in the final, You and I they're average ages twenty five months. We're younger than and the Canucks need to keep an eye on this. Kofield, Suzuki Slovskowsky, Danmie, Dobbin Hudson. What are they all, Donny? High picks? What do you gotta do to get high picks? Got to go to the bottom of the standings. These guys are young, They're going to be around for a long time. They're not going anywhere, folks, The Montreal Canadians are not going anywhere. And Alex new Hook I want to say this, every playoff, remember John Druce, You and I remember John Druce Washington. Every playoff brings out a guy. But you know what new.
Speaker 1: Hooks do Nobody don't expect.
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly. And he's got seven goals through in the league. There's three Vegas guys ahead of them, Donny. But the other one for you, don he had thirty games of playoff experience. Want to stand in the Cup of Colorado. It's not like he came out of the blue and he's playing his first playoff game.
Speaker 1: But you wouldn't have guessed this. No, you wouldn't have guessed it.
Speaker 4: But that time in Colorado, you know, he didn't score a ton of points for call it around on the playoffs, and now Montreal's go to guy in overtime.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it's quite the strong you say, said Rick, we're talking about a Habs franchise here, just in case you think if you're one of these people who are still around and I think French he actually Francisco used the word rebuild Thursday press conference. And you're losing the Sedines and and Ryan Johnson. If you're one of these, you can't say rebuild. You know, the customers don't like that. The Montreal Canadians put out a documentary within the last year or two called Rebuilt. Yes, and you mentioned the name of Catfield, Hudson, Slefkowski, Demidoff, Kapen, and Evans Gallagher. That goes way back, Fowler Adobish. They're all draft picks. Ye, And that's you mentioned the high draft picks. You also have to have confidence in your scouting department that you can come up with somebody like a yak Abdobish in the fifth round, and then of course you go, you go way back, and that's the there's the trade for the future. You give up a star and Max Patrick ready for Nick Suzuki. I know it was another regime, but that was a really smart move with the future in mind. And then then I'm looking at puck Pedia today and the players they have locked up, Suzuki, koff Field, Stepkowski, Dobson, Goholie, Matheson, they're all Hudson, They're all locked up. Like you said, they're not going anywhere's not going a long time. So great lesson for the Vancouver Canucks provided by the legendary Montreal Canadians.
Speaker 4: Another thing I want to say is Lane Hudson Donnie in his draft here, the Canucks thought he was too small. They thought Coffeel was too small. They thought stan Covian was too small. It is time to stop skill guys going in the first round, early in the second. Do not pass on them because of size. The Canucks are getting burned in this year's playoffs. There's guys they passed on because they were too small.
Speaker 1: Not hurting you say that though they drafted Quinn Hughes.
Speaker 4: Wow, Okay, but I'm telling I'm giving you examples. The guys they passed on being a lane. And there was a guy in the Canucks, a scout he's not with him anymore, who thought he was never going to play in the other who was not well, I don't know his name. Yeah, they got five hundred scouts, but I mean, come on, what are how.
Speaker 1: Are they doing with the scouting department? What's going to happen?
Speaker 4: They extended a few of them in the last few days. I imagine some won't be back though.
Speaker 1: Okay, So moving on to the Canucks now, yes, uh, Henrik Sedin was on. It was just it was over the weekend. It was a long way. How was your weekend?
Speaker 4: But oh it couldn't be better because he did nothing. No, it's two hours yesterday weed eating and cutting the grass. Well, the kids watched, well, the.
Speaker 1: Kids watched you. All right. We had way too many social engagements, Like we went to three I went to three different things. One a wedding, oh love weddings, and then two other visits. It was a lot. I'm old. I kind of just wanted we're both old. Yeah, I feel okay, I'll trade you any day, buddy, Okay. So Hendrick Sadeen was on thirty two thoughts with the Elliott Friedman and Kyle pekoskis okay, and he spoke on do we want to talk about Adam Foot right now? Or Pat you make the choice? You were high on this.
Speaker 4: Let's go. Then let's play the clip and then go from there.
Speaker 1: Which one Adam foote the.
Speaker 4: Foot one, the foot one? The foot one's the big one.
Speaker 1: We're going with the foot the foot. Okay, So this is Hendrix Sadeen Chris Adam Foot right now as far as we know, still the head coach of the Vancouver Canucks after one season that saw the Canucks drop to thirty second and last overall. So absolutely Henrick, one of the new co presidents of the Vancouver Canucks, on Adam Foot's future, How how do you go about making the decision on.
Speaker 3: Your current coach?
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's something we're we're discussing right now. So, uh, this has happened. We had a press conference on Thursday, so we were going through a lot of a lot of different parts of our organization. So, uh, we're discussing a daily basis here. So that's some that I think you'll hear more of a from next next year, next week.
Speaker 1: There you go. So we're gonna hear about this.
Speaker 4: We should hear this week about Adam Foot, Donnie, and you know they can't wait forever.
Speaker 1: What did Toronto do?
Speaker 4: JAKEO wait did about six seven, eight days before they fire Berubi. Look, I've been told, uh Foot, this could be fifty to fifty done. Like I'm not hearing it either way. But boyl boy, Ryan Johnson's going to be doing a deep dive this week on everything. Like we're talking about everything. The biggest question with Foot is there's a whack of kids coming, a ton of young kids coming, and can you teach and develop the young kids? If you can't, if you're willing to, you get to stay. But my goodness, I'm looking at m Karamaki and it's just not Adam. He goes back to talk it every time this kid comes up. He's back in Abbasburg in two weeks. You can't do that with the influx of kids coming up. Now, there's too many kids coming up and you can't do what you can't just bring them up down and playing for a nine minutes on the fourth line and then send them back down if they're high picks.
Speaker 1: But if you you it's on the player it's on the player. It's on the play keep going on. This is agent to stop. It's not on the player, no matter who is to perform.
Speaker 4: Well absolutely, But if you're not going to be given the opportunity and you're going to be sent back down on Attasburg because you're making mistakes and all that stuff, work with them who who? Just in the playoffs somebody made a big mistake in the playoffs and right next ship they went out and scored. Look, you could kill these kids confident. I don't like what's going on with the Karamaki. I'll tell you that much right now. But the big thing.
Speaker 1: With foot, don't you like it?
Speaker 4: What do you mean? He goes down there, he comes up, starts in the top six, two games later in the on the fourth line, nine minutes back in Abbey.
Speaker 1: Sure stop drop. Look at the player. The young players they got from Minnesota who seemed to take a step when they came up after the Hughes trade, when they came to Vancouver after the Hughes trade.
Speaker 4: Other than bullyam the other two a little bit older than the Karamaki. Look forget about the Minnesota guys. This is a conduct draft pick. Karen Mackie's got to work done exactly. He can't. He's a higher pick. He's he was a higher pick than him. The bottom line is don regardless of nippicking on on these guys, here's the thing. If you're going to teach and develop the kids, Adam Foot, you get to stay. There's a whack. There's gonna be a wave of young kids coming through Vancouver in the next four years. You can't have a coach who's going to destroy their confidence and ruined draft picks.
Speaker 1: That's the bottom Adam Foot would ruin their car.
Speaker 4: I never said that. I never said that. He was hired in a different situation than the goal post changed on him. He wasn't hired to develop and go into a rebuild. He was hired to keep Quinn Hughes and win. How did that end? Don No, it's not his fault, but the goalpost captain on the team. Yeah, exactly, But now the goal post changed. Now he's gotta He's not gonna win. He's not here to win. He's here to develop and get these guys through the rebuil. It's his choice.
Speaker 1: It's Adam Foot, not his choice.
Speaker 4: But yeah, they're gonna ask them are you going to develop and teach these kids? Okay, but he's.
Speaker 1: Got two years left in his country.
Speaker 4: He can't win. The most likely they're gonna be a lottery team again next year.
Speaker 1: Done.
Speaker 4: So you gotta They got a guy in house, Manny Maholtre, who has done nothing but deal with young kids in Absbord last two years. I mean, that's the way it's going to come down.
Speaker 1: I think what about the excuse of injuries with with uh and and the change of direction for Adam.
Speaker 4: They changed a goal post on them they did.
Speaker 1: That's not his fault, that's not his I oftentimes when you see a new group come in, in this case, new co presidents, I still have to get used to that. New co presidents and a new general manager. And oftentimes you know they'll they'll keep the head coach because it's a bullet for them to shoot. You know what I mean, right, it's it's it's a weapon for them to use. Well, you know, if they bring in their head coach, then they they've used that up. So they'll they'll keep the head coach and then if they's go awry, then we'll get rid of the head coach. I just can't see them doing that. Manny Malulter seems like the Despite what I just said, Manny Malolter seems like the right guy in terms of somebody who not only has done a really good job of developing players down at Atbosford. You can say what you want about this last season with Abosford, they finished near the bottom of the American Hockey League standings, won the Calder Cup the year before they finished near the bottom, But you look at the players that have played in Abbotsford, right, yeah, the season before and seasons before that, and they did not look out of place when they made the move to the National Hockey League. And that's that's on Manny. That's a that's a check mark in the positive box, a positive column for Manny Malholter. So I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case. But you have to eat Adam Foot's salary.
Speaker 4: Adam Foot lost his starting goaltender, he lost his star defenseman and trade and he's got a number one center making eleven point six million, who's down to fifty points a year. So you're I'm not I've never said I'm backing anyone in this. I'm giving you facts. The goal post changed on Adam foot and he lost his goalie, his star defenseman, and he's got a centerman making eleven six who's down in fifty points like that's why they're down in thirty second placed on That's the reality, and I've been I.
Speaker 1: Think the big question is what you talked about earlier, is he willing? And there were times where that set He was clearly frustrated with how the goal post changed to borrow a football term. As you mentioned, there were times he was frustrated. But given time and given the fact he probably wants to stay in the National Hockey League, maybe Adam Foote, you know, the frustration goes away, focuses on the job at hand and things work out. We'll see. By the way, that's gonna be the focus of our poll question, the waterling dog posting poll question. We'll get to that in our third segment, along with a whole lot of other stuff. D Timsey, is it just me coming up in the eleven o'clock hour, Noodles is going to join us Jamie mcclennan, former National Hockey League goal tend We'll see what he thinks. O. What Yakaba Dobas is up to and Freddie Anderson and the goaltenders that are left. I saw the stat. I saw the stat on Twitter that I think the four remaining starting goaltenders are making a total of seven or eight million dollars total total in the Stanley Cup playoffs and.
Speaker 4: The Vancouver Connects are paying thirteen million next year to Demp going lancing.
Speaker 1: There you go. Uh big Rye the Twitter guy. Uh normally in the ten o'clock hour again a big Rye awaiting the birth of his second child. So well, again we'll get an update on that. I don't, Nina, I don't know if you're big Nina. That doesn't doesn't sound right, but yeah, well we'll come up with something. Yeah, right, we'll come up with something up next. Jsen Scotting director Craig Button, thanks so much for tuning in, folks. I hope you had yourself a great long weekend. It's Donnia Dolly the team.
Speaker 2: Check Donnie and Dolly.
Speaker 1: He miss.
Speaker 7: Supported by able Auctions dot CA. Closing your business we can help.
Speaker 1: Able Auctions specializes in helping British Columbia based business owners close their business and sell their assets in a timely, orderly manner.
Speaker 4: Online events for everything from machine shop and manufacturing auctions to industrial equipment, retail inventories, or any other type of business assets. Able Auctions can help for a.
Speaker 1: Free confidential consultation on getting your business assets sold. Please email Sales at able Auctions dot ca dot Sales at a b l E Auctions dot Ca. Tuesday and all of our guests today are brought to you by our title sponsor. We're talking about able Auctions able Auctions dot CA as we await the arrival of Craig Button. We got them at no no yet. Okay, let's do this. Let's introduce the Watling Dog poll question. Then it's the dog poll question experience one of Victoria's iconic destinations, Sleep, sip, and stock up, all in one legendary spot. Come sit and stay at the dog the Watling dog today, Rick, Then I get her up.
Speaker 4: The Watling Dog pop pole question. Should the Canucks keep Adam Foot as their head coach? Look at this wopping Eighty seven percent say no, but thirteen percent say yes. It is without a question the Canucks. Well, the new regime, the Twins and Ryan Johnson. This is their big, big, biggest decision they got to make.
Speaker 1: Right. The first one.
Speaker 4: It's the first one. There's other stuff they're doing. Uh, they got to find an assistant GM. They got to find someone to run Absburg.
Speaker 1: What are you talking about? What do you mean what they've got assistant gms? Don, they're not going to run out Tommy Grenado and Emil cas.
Speaker 4: I get that. Ryan Johnson can't run Absburg anymore. They got to find some want to run any names out there? I have not heard any names. They're keeping a pretty good lid on the names.
Speaker 1: So if we're going to take a look at the poll question again, the poll results, if you don't mind to this point, Derek, if that's okay, what is it? Eighty seven saying wopping in terms of keeping Adam Foot as the Canucks Canucks head coach and most people, the majority of people feeling it that this has everything to do with his handling of Jonathan Lacaramaki. No, it's this season.
Speaker 4: Look here's the reality, Don, They're in a rebuild. You know, he wasn't hired to go into a rebuild. He was hired to win, and unfortunately, by Christmas or whatever they were in thirty second War, he.
Speaker 1: Was also hired the you know, the thoughts out there to keep Quinn happy.
Speaker 4: So much of this year was about keeping Quinn Hughes happy. They signed the Bessers, the Garlands, the demp goes, you know, American guys to help keep Quinn. And he's still bolted. He's still both.
Speaker 1: Now. Bill Garon has gone to record as saying in Minnesota his number I you'd expect this number one priority with the wild you know, knocked out of the Stanley Cup playoffs, but by Colorado number one priority is to extend Quinn Hughes. And it was scheduled to become a UFA at the end of next season.
Speaker 4: And guess what, Quinn likes it there. Don I wonder why. Good organization, well run, good team, and they got a shot to go far in the next couple of years. I think that they can add well geez, he likes it there. You might resign, well, well, amazing when you have a well run team, amazing what happens, well, you know what, it was a well run when he was here. That's why he wanted out.
Speaker 1: Well, no, I get that, but sometimes you persevere in life. It's a horrible lesson for the kids out there. Things are going poorly. I want out. I want to You know, it's not a crease. That's not what a captain does, is it.
Speaker 4: We see that all the time.
Speaker 1: You think Hendrick Sadean would do that when he was a.
Speaker 4: So the twins would never do that. They are the biggest character guys this town has ever seen.
Speaker 1: Okay, Craig Yet nothing from Craig right, So let's hear some more from Henrik Shedeen from the thirty two Thoughts podcast courtesy of Kyle Wisconsas And or what I'm pronouising a name like you do? Eliskoskis We're good? Uh? This is Henrik on Many Maholtra and the thought that he might become the next head coach of the Bankerver.
Speaker 5: Caducks Manny malholdre obviously a very popular guy in that marketplace as well. And at the same time, you know, it didn't take long for his name to be linked to or could other teams elsewhere in the league be interested at the NHL level?
Speaker 1: I just wonder how aware of that you are and kind of how you view him within the organization.
Speaker 6: No, he's Many, We've been playing with him. We know what kind of character is, so we we were worked close a bit last year in abbas for as well, and the year before, so we know how it works. He's done a trendous job out there, not only winning the championship but helping the young players out there. So he's done a great job. So I understand if there's interest around the league, there's no question about that. So that's something we uh.
Speaker 1: We we know for sure, he said, Henrik's something really interesting there and certainly relevant interest around the league in Manny Malhultra. And we hear out of Toronto that the Leafs, and remember Manny worked as an assistant there. There was from Ontario that the Leafs have interest in Manny Malhultra, which would make sense.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and that rumor has been out there, not just last week, it's been out there for several weeks. But the Kings, the Oilers and the Maple Leafs are looking for what don a head coach. Haven't heard his name as much as you're hearing Barrubi's name all these you're hearing the guy in Vegas his name, cass Yes, you're hearing all David carl the University of Denver.
Speaker 1: He's young. Yeah, they give Carls in his thirties.
Speaker 4: There was an offer for Carl last year at Big Bucks from Chicago and he turned it down. He's not ready yet. He wants to do Denver still so done. The thing with Manny Maholtre is no one's called for permission as of on the weekend. But how long will that last? You know, there's three teams. Canucks could be the fourth team looking for a coach. I mean this could get you know, this could break wide open pretty and the Canucks better get going because if they're going to firefoot and three other teams are looking for coaches and they might have their eye on someone else, they better get going here.
Speaker 1: They better get going here, maybe out of Noman if they're all interested in Manny maholts all. But the other thing, the other interesting aspect of this situation. People know this, but when it comes to Manny Maholtrey, if you make them their head coach, and look, there's so many mock drafts that have the Canucks selecting Kale Mahultra, his son third overall. Yes, So that dynamic of having a player who's committed to Boston University next year, I guess we'll see where that goes. Having that player play for his dad under his dad behind the bench. Listen, you know, if you're involved in minor hockey and I cold all the time coach my kid, it doesn't always work out right. And I always remember the situation and our viewers and listeners can help us here. But the one that comes to mind, and again, viewers and listeners can help us here in terms of other father son combination coach players through the years in the National Hockey League, but Adam and Dave Lowry in Winnipeg, it didn't last that long, but I always remember Dave Lowry becoming interim head coach of the Winnipeg justin asking his kid, Adam captain of the dead, say, is it okay? If I? If I is it okay? If I are you gonna have a problem with me behind the bench? It's the thing, yeah, right, especially when your kid is one of the leaders, which wouldn't necessarily be the case with Caleb out of the shoot. He seems like a very mature kid. But that's a dynamic that you know. I don't think any other player in the National Hockey lea right now at the pro level has had to deal with or deals with right now and having said that if he goes to be you, you know, and Manny lasts you know, Manny becomes head coach of the Caducks. Here's the other thing, he goes to be you comes up to the Canucks. Eventually, what happens when they let go of Manny mahultra, which is going to happen, or he moves on in some fashion they fire him as head coach. How's that going to go over with Caleb if that happens.
Speaker 4: Oh, Caleb's a National Hockey League player. If they fire his dad, he's got to keep playing.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm sure that's something his dad that Manny would would bring up, But that that is a dynamic they have to they have to think about. Or do you just say, look, both these people are very, very talented. We want them both in our organization, whether they're related or not. And and like you say, but sure, Manning certainly has a lot of experience. You move on and you hire them both. But that's something that they have to think about that they wouldn't with Adam Foot or anyone else.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, And Manny's kid is very high on the Canucks board draft board. Donny, I got a couple of people tell me he might be as high as number two on the Canucks draft board. So I look, we don't know if he's going to end up in Vancouver. One thing we do know, the Canucks do have him ranked as the number one center. They like him a lot, They've seen him a ton this year. They really like this player, Caleb Maholtra. But we just don't know if they're going to get a crack at him or not.
Speaker 1: On six fifty today with Halfred and Broth, they were talking about this.
Speaker 4: Remember that.
Speaker 1: Remember the quote from Jim Ruthiford his April seventeenth press conference when they let go of Patrick Calvin. He said he expected Coots, your buddy Lecramackie there and their first draft pick, their first round draft pick this year, to be on their roster this season. That there's that change now that they've got the third overall pick. I would think it would. And and when you talk about Killa will Hope for being, you know, ranked really high on their their list, he's committed to be you I would think that would change though.
Speaker 4: Right Donnie. I had a couple of teams reach out to me and thought that was an unfair comment by Rutherford why put pressure on the kid?
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, okay, I've got a pressure on that.
Speaker 4: I've had scouts tell me that they'd be shocked if one of the this is not a great deep draft.
Speaker 1: I don't think.
Speaker 4: It's not.
Speaker 1: It's not fair. Why would I put that pressure.
Speaker 4: He's a third overall pick, the first overall pick. It's probably expected to play. I mean, I I don't see.
Speaker 1: First of all, Jim Ruththerfford is no longer the decision maker with the banker of a So there's that he's kind to sell a product. Why would you He's trying to say that's what that's what that was all.
Speaker 4: Well do you remember when they put vertannan and the other guy on the roster nineteen? How did the McCann How did that work out? Don you know? Never Russia kid and say our third overall picks go.
Speaker 1: But I'm just saying that I understand where he was coming from when he said these, Lector MACKI is a shoe in to make the Boster.
Speaker 4: No he's not, And especially now he's coming off of his shoulder surgery done.
Speaker 1: He played with some like Britannon.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, and you know, look, Caro maca, you had that it was a lingering shoulder as she he had something protecting his shoulder during games. It was weird, but anyways, so hopefully he's back before training camp.
Speaker 1: Any progress with Craig button you know, you know not at this point. Okay, all right, let's take your break. We'll figure things out after the break again. Thanks so much for tuning in, folks. Donny delayed the team on Jack. Looking for the ultimate Vancouver Island getaway, Head to beautiful Parks Bill and experience the Bayside ocean front resort, where every stay feels like a vacation you'll never forget. From sunrise walks on the beach to sunsets on the patio, Bayside puts you steps from the sand with ocean views in every direction, Splashing the indoor and outdoor pools, hit the fitness center, then relax with a hand crafted cocktail at the Ocher front Restaurant and lounge. Whether it's date night, a family trip, or a corporate event, Bayside is your perfect year round escape. Book your getaway now at two five zero, two four eight eight tuple three. Your island adventure starts here. All right, looks like Craig Button's going to join us around eleven fifteen or so. We hope Jamie mcclennan, Top of the hour, eleven o'clock Noodles from TSN. Let's update the poll question a wattling dog pole question experience one of Victoria's Micah God got it experienced one of Victoria's iconic destinations, sleep zip stock up all in one legendary spot. Come sit and stay at the wantling dog today.
Speaker 4: Rick then to get her up the wadling dog pop pole question. Should the Canucks keep at on Foot as their head coach? A whopping eighty eight percent say no, but twelve percent say yes, So basically a cent a lot of people in town want Adam Foot gone. Henrik Sedine says that decision could be coming down this week as they do a deep dive in all departments this week over at Rogers Arena byside inbox.
Speaker 1: I think this is some dirty Harrison words that he should be aware.
Speaker 4: It's dirty, Harry Clint Eastwood.
Speaker 1: No, this is I'm just looking at it here. Why don't the Kannucks offer t O permission to sign Manny for coach? If the team swamp draft picks think about it, first for third. Wow, food for thought, that's it. Wow.
Speaker 4: What do you want me to say? I mean dirty Harry there coming in hot, coming in hot.
Speaker 1: Well, it's happened before where teams give up assets for a coach?
Speaker 4: Yes, in the NFL. Oh, big time in the NFL.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's let's switch gears here. We'll get back to the conducts in a bit. I want to talk about the World Cup situation. I tweeted this out yesterday because the whole situation with the World Cup in Vancouver. Let's be honest here, there's seven matches coming to BC place, and so far there's a whole lot of negativity. So I tweeted this out yesterday and the response was pretty overwhelming. But here's the tweet from XBO eighty six to the twenty ten Olympics. I can't remember an event coming to Vancouver more surrounded by negativity and indifference than the World Cup. Is there a buzz no for the World Cup amongst the people you hang out.
Speaker 4: With, oh, zero, zilch not And it all started to hang out with But this tweet is a great tweet. But it all started when this FIFA president came to town and wanted a police escort from the airport. This FIFA president will walk by me one hundred times to save on foods. I wouldn't know who the hell he is, but to ask for a police escort. And I thank you Vancouver Police Department for shooting it down. But just the arrogance. You know, I'm the FIFA president who cares. This is a hockey city, hockey country. I don't care about the FIFA president, you know what. But you know what, now we're hearing hotels and ticket prices. Ticket prices are through the roof for you know, I mean, come on, give me a break. And there's a lot and kicking out our good pal Jason Beck from the BC Sports Hall of Fame. There's another stupid thing they did, these FIFA guys. You know the BC, the BC Sports Hall of Fame is a very special special place for everyone in British Columbia. These guys come in and they kick everyone out of the PC Sports Hall of Fame. And you know, Jason Beck, great guy, a friend of ours who runs.
Speaker 1: The worst part about it is that Jason and others are out of work for two months exactly, and there's no compensation that I know of. For them idiots. They just come in, they bully the BC Sports Hall of Fame. I'm just making a lot of money there. It's a labor of love. Boot them out of BC place when the World Cup is there and I guess people are going to attend those matches, certainly the two Canadian matches. They could be doing a whole lot of business and they boot them out. It's just like it really worth there's a lack of respect. And again the high ticket prices and what infrastructure are we getting out of this? Like with Expo, we got Skytrain and Science World, the Olympics, it was the improvements on the Sea of Sky the skytrain extension. There was infrastructure that we use to this day. And what seems like this city is going to be turned upside down for a couple of months in the summer and I'm not so sure what do we get out of it. And then you hear yesterday or on the weekend stories about a business being down in hotels twenty percent, and that that's the case across the board with the what sixteen cities that are hosting this across North America. Here's the thing you run into these people who think, well, you should talk more about soccer. It's the biggest sport in the world, and you know FIFA feels that way certainly if they're treated like that in other countries in other parts of the world, it's not number one here. You're not promoting your sports at all by pulling off this bs bullying the BC Sports Hall of Fame, getting rid of the logos outside of BC place, going to all this expense for what like like like, okay, I get it, seven World Cup matches and maybe you know what, I want to be wrong here. I want to be wrong. I wanted to work for the sake of the City of Vancouver, for the economy of the province. But I just think they're going about things the wrong way. They're misguided. Sorry, it's not the number one sport here. Do a better job of that, to do a better job of promoting it by coming up with reasonable ticket prices and realizing that not everybody is in the same boat as you are. They don't care as much as you do promote your sport. And this comes at a time when Vancouver is in danger of losing losing it's a franchise. Do things that are positive, like it's so obvious. You boot someone out of you boot an important tenant. I think it's they're an important tenant, very not a BC place. You're picking on people that are supposedly below you, at least that's what you think. Just it's just so wrong, such a bad, bad taste. Again. I hope I'm wrong about all this. I hope it all it all works. That's going to mean nothing though to the people at the BC Sports Hall of Fame. It's just it's really really you know, it's it's elitist and that's the way it's coming across. And that's not right. Sorry, it's not the number one sport and this I know you always hear from soccer. Oh you guys never cover soccer and it's the number one sport. It's not that number on sport.
Speaker 4: Here, No, it's not. This is a hockey nation, hockey city always will be. Nothing comes close.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, but but you know what, if you want to grow your sport, don't act like this.
Speaker 4: Right from the police thing it to the BC Sports Hall of Fame. Grow up. You know you're coming into Vancouver with an arrogant attitude. Everybody's got to move having on earth for you guys, I don't think so. I don't think so.
Speaker 1: Having said all of this, the one thing that really surprised me when I looked into this story is that the US hosted the World Cup in nineteen ninety four and set all sorts of attendance.
Speaker 4: Records Sasadina in California. Yep, well it was all over the place, but I remember the matches in California sold out eighty ninety thousand people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I wouldn't I wouldn't have guessed that if somebody asked me. And again, well, it's one of those things where oftentimes you'll say it doesn't seem to be a lot of hype, and they're going about things the wrong way, and then ultimately it comes down to I'll say it the great sport of soccer, the entertainment that it serves up, the pride in various nations. People will come from other countries in this case and it all works out. But they've started off in a when you're right about that motorcade by the way, like come on, who.
Speaker 4: The hell are you to get a motorcate in Vancouver? Like, I mean, all sorts of security, who costs the city money? I'm so happy the city said beat it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right. Uh and and by the way, Canada are probably BC places hosting two knockout matches. There's a possibility that one of them, it's a slim possibility, would be Canada versus Portugal, which would just be a massive and would do away with everything where people would forget about everything that we're saying right now. That's that's a long shot. But having said that and sticking with that possibility, that's one of the other complaints that people have is that none of the real big contenders are going to be coming to exactly with all due respect, we're going to be coming to BC place. At this point, there's a whole lot wrong. I hope it all works out for the city and the province. They're expect you know, economic impact reaching one billion dollars. Again, I hope it all works out for the restaurants, the bars and the hotels. But it doesn't look good right now. And a lot of it is just because of elitism and arrogance.
Speaker 4: Arrogance, cocky, you know, move do everything for us. No, we don't have to.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, And boy, I tell you, when you talk about world class events in this city. This World Cup and the Women's World Cup was a success here. If I'm not mistaken. I'm not so sure it's going that way here, but it will have a long way to go to come close to the feeling we had afterwards, Yes, after x LO eighty six, after the twenty ten Olympics, the twenty ten Olympics, fairy tale Canada winning gold medal and women's and men's hockey. Nothing like that is going to happen. But the way they started and the way they've acted is really really shameful. It's too bad. All right, I got some business to do here. Our title sponsor Able Auctions. We talked about them earlier May twentieth. Able Auctions will sell industrial equipment including dump trucks, garbage trucks, pickup trucks, and even a fire truck. Also trailers, forklifts, generators, compressors, excavators, sea containers, and a whole lot more. Everything sold to the highest bidter next Wednesday. For information on this industrial auction, go to ableauctions dot ca. Closing your business, need it all sold and gone? Email sales at able auctions dot Ca. That's sales at eight b l E Auctions dot c A big Rye is normally next, he's not here. We'll do our best to fill the time, though. It's Donnie and jimimcclean at top of the hour, Donnie Della the team one Jack all right, normally this time we have a big Rye, the Twitter guy. Big Rye not here, a witting the birth of his second It's not gonna be all week as a matter of fact, because of the birth of a second child. It's supposed to be today. So we'll keep you updated, folks. Maybe within the body of this show, all the best of Ryan Henderson, Kelsey and the Henderson all right, I got a very good submission here into the bay side in box. This is from Chaffine. How could the Canucks not keep early Jack Adam's favorite Adam Foot? Was it you who came up with that whole question?
Speaker 4: And that's a shot at you.
Speaker 1: They did get off to a good start, and for people who don't watch the show on a regular basis, there's probably a lot of you out there who don't. Maybe maybe they stopped watching after after that pull question. The pull question was something to the effect of should Adam Foot be an early Jack Adams face? They got off to a good start, and as I recalled, we got a pretty good response on it, and not all.
Speaker 4: Of it was positive, No, no, but at all.
Speaker 1: Obviously Chaffin is a regular viewer, regular listener. It's like, and we thank him for that, and not Trump going to thank him for the shot at me. All right, let's get back to what Henrik Sedein had to say with the Or on the thirty two Thoughts podcast. This is Hendrik Saidein, one of your favorite subjects, Rick, this is Henrik Sedin on the uh on what the heck Henrick Sadein, co President of the Bank of the Canucks, What the heck they're going to do with Elias Pettison and his.
Speaker 4: Infamous donny Donny stop stop. There's breaking news the Canucks. Darren Drager is reporting Canucks continue to make sorts change. His sources say Adam Foot has been let go his head coach. Other changes to the coaching staff also being made. So Darren Drager is reporting that the Canucks have fired Adam.
Speaker 1: Foot, So I would think, and there you go, there's the thanks for that, Derek. There's the treat from Darren Rigor. Canucks reportedly letting go of Adam Foot. That means we're going to have to come up with a new poll question. Absolutely, that's the number one consideration here. So you would have to think that all scigns point to Many maholt.
Speaker 4: I will be shocked if Many Maholter is not the new coach of the Vancouver Canucks.
Speaker 1: So we'll put that Elias Petterson, Henrik Sedin clip on hold and talk talk about this. When the Sadines became co presidents last week officially of the Vancouver Cannucks, one of the things that one of the their first assignment was to decide on a new general manager, Ryan Johnson already with the Canucks as an AGM, already with the Canucks as general manager of the Abbotsford Canucks, or Evan Gold assistant general manager with the Boston Bruins. They felt they were come well, they know that they're comfortable with Ryan Johnson, they know what he's all about. They clearly feel he did a solid job both as an AGM and general manager of the Abbotsford Canucks. He's got a Calder Companies on his resume, so they went with Ryan Johnson. You'd have to think they feel the same way when it comes to Manny Maholtre. Again, nothing official, we believe we're hearing from Darren Gregor that Adam Foote has been let go as head coach of the Vancouver Canucks a year one of a three year contract. He's gone, so they have to buy him out paying for the next two years, whatever the case may be. But you'd have to think that this is a group, and Ryan Johnson included now that he's part of the group as of last week officially, that they are extremely comfortable with Manny Maholtra. I'd be shocked if he was their guy. They want to go and this is nothing new when it comes to National Hockey League executives. They want to go with people they know, people they're comfortable with. They did that with Ryan Johnson, did Henrik and Daniel? I would think they would do the same with Ryan Johnson giving them advice with Manny Malholdro.
Speaker 4: So Adam foot was told this morning that he is no longer the head coach of the Vancouver Canucks. Not last night, not on the weekend. Did this happen this morning? And boy didn't take long. And you know, Hendrick said that we're going to have news on Adam Foot this week. That was yesterday on thirty two thoughts this morning, Adam was let go. He was let go.
Speaker 1: So there were times during the last season, this past season with the Canucks where Adam Foot would bring up what he's been through and I thought he would look He thought he looked frustrated and understandably so that you know it was and you often see coaches not say anything when it when it comes to excuses, but he'd say things like, you know, the injuries, and you know the lack of preparation.
Speaker 4: Young guys, too many young guys.
Speaker 1: Trades, the the change of direction to a rebuild, and he seemed very, very frustrated. And so that would make me think that when it comes to this, and I talked about I talked about the possibility of the Sedines and Ryan Johnson keeping Adam Foot because it was it was a weapon for them to play somewhere down down the road. Well, he didn't hire this coach, someone else did, so we'll bring in our guy. But I wonder when I heard those clips, it made me think, I wonder if Adam is the right guy, if Adam, if Adam wants to do this, if he wants to be part of a rebuild if he wants to be part of developed being young hockey players, because there's going to be probably a whole lot of losing and there is he prepared for that? Is he prepared to do the developing. That's what Manny Maholter has been doing down in Abbosford. Same with the Sedines. They've been on the ice with players and you see what's happened with Abbitsford again. They have a Calder Cup title there a couple of seasons ago, in twenty twenty five, and then last season you see players you know, Linas Carlson and Maxisun. They looked just fine. They were developed well down in Abmosford by those three gentlemen. And so it look I would say, all signs point to many Maholters. And rightfully, so that now comes up that question if you do, indeed, let go of Adam Foot and replace him with Manny Malhultra and you draft Caleb Maultra, that's going to be a really interesting situation.
Speaker 4: And Donnie, here's the other thing. If it is Manny, I hope people realize he's not taking the Canucks from thirty second to tenth and I will say this that and mark my words. At Christmas time there will be people bitching about Manny, guaranteed. That's just the way society works. We have now this tool called social media where every single body on Earth gets to jump on board and give their thoughts. But if they do due diligence here, Donnie, are they gonna let's see first if they open it up. Do you want to talk to Beruby or But here's the problem with Berubi and Cassidy. They make four five million a year, So count them out right away out of Vancouver because we know what's paying Foot. Yeah, they're paying Foot right, they're not. We know they kind of economics played a role in the GM's position in the hiring. You know, the Canucks don't have the highest paid GM in the league. I think he's at the other end of the spectrum. So Berubi Cassidy four five million a year, Canucks got to pay Foot one point five million for the next two years. I wonder if Adam Foot goes to his buddy Rick Tockett in Philadelphia, you know, I don't know, maybe did just talking a rub on his coaching staff.
Speaker 1: I don't know Adam Foot's been around for a while. It's pretty well connected. But you mentioned ye how obviously Rick Rick talcket Philadelphia he took Yogi with him. That would be a possibility. But man, I'm telling you this, this last regime with the Canucks is and I know people had all sorts of problems with the Jim Benning era. It may have been worse and amongst a million different things, there are thousands of different things that they did wrong. But why not hire Manny Malhultra at the start of last season? I think Francesco's not asking that he would have saved them a whole long because the.
Speaker 4: Goal wasn't to rebuild they was to win for Quinn. That's why he didn't get it. That's why you didn't know.
Speaker 1: But you can't tell me that there aren't people thinking that today stand up with They could have because he was.
Speaker 4: You just want to call the Cup? They could have said, you want to call the Cup? Cup Vancouver?
Speaker 1: All right? There you go? All right? Okay, So uh, it's being reported that Adam Foot has been let go as head coach of the Vancouver Canucks. Coming up next well, coming up at eleven fifteen. Craig Butt looks like we've got Greg Craig Button eleven fifteen TSN Scotting Director, former National Hockey League general manager, Noodles. Jamie mcclennan coming up next, will act them their reaction to this latest piece of news. The Canucks have let go reportedly of head coach at Adam Foot. Again, thanks so much for tuning in, folks. Jamie's next, Donnie Dolly the team on Check. Hey everyone, it's Donnie and Dolly and we're looking to partner with your company.
Speaker 4: We have several packages and price points to fit your budget and spread the word about your company on the show, in our podcast and on social media.
Speaker 1: We'd love to get involved with your company. Called two five to oh eight eight oh twenty two eighty two or email advertise at checkmedia dot CA.
Speaker 8: All of our guests today, including Noodles, Jamie mcclennan standing by, brought to you Buyer Title, sponsor, Able Auctions, Able Auctions dot c A.
Speaker 1: It's all over social media now. Thomas Grantz has picked it up. The Vankavic Canucks have fired Adam Foot after only one year as their head coach. No replacement named at this point. As we bring in Noodles TSN. Jamie mcclennan, thanks for doing this, sir. How are you your reaction to that? To that news Adam Foot out as head coach of the anchor at Canucks aggressive.
Speaker 9: But you know, I don't want to say not surprising, because if you are going to kind of have a turnover a new regime, you want everything you want to clean slate. And I would argue, you know you've got the Sadine brothers in there now with RJ. Would Manny Mahultra's name be front and center on that just based on his history with the organization. They might even have a bigger, spicier meatball on their hand and maybe potentially drafting Manny, you know, because he kind of falls into that spot where they would be picking. So be interesting to see what's going to go on in Canuckland. But you know the owner, he's the guy who dictates or writes the check. So after one year they didn't have the greatest year.
Speaker 4: We know that.
Speaker 9: So I think it's just clean slate. It's not more it's not about what Adam Foot did. It's more about where the group is at. And I think if you have new management and a new vision. You want to start with that clean slate, so you just you let everybody go and then you move on from there.
Speaker 1: Is there going to be a bidding war Canucks versus least for the services of Manny Milultra.
Speaker 9: You could argue that Manny Mahultra would be probably be one of the biggest up and coming progressive coaches out there instead of the recycled coaches that we have all been talking about. Carl in Denver is an interesting want to I think his name is, has come about been coaching in college and had tremendous success. Does he want to leave? Does he make a lot of money there?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 9: Is whether Vancouver or Toronto is the first destination, uh, the one that's perfect for you?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 9: And again I know coaches can't be fussy, but sometimes you do have to be mindful of where the organization is at and what the expectations of you are if you're going to join that organization. So Manny Mahultra would be a guy that I would look at in Toronto for sure, but also I would look at Carl. I would look at younger progressive guys, either in the AHL or junior in college ranks to see where you are going instead of just recycling a guy who's been through the league a few times.
Speaker 1: Does it not make sense for the Canucks to promote many malholtra in that they are. They've gone on record as saying they're rebuilding. He's done an excellent job, I would say, of developing players in ABA. Does it not seem like a perfect fit.
Speaker 9: Yes, I think it seems like the almost too easy, like, hey, we're gonna you know, guys have had a great system going in abtsburd You can bring the guys up and and and Manny knows the players throughout the organization same as RJ. You know, they've done a terrific job. I got to be honest, I think it's a great hire for RJ. I think the Sadein brothers are very smart, driven people that are going to help the organization. You know, Jimmy Rutherford's stepping away, and that's no slight on who's been there. It's more about where the organization can go. Finally, you've got a different vision. And if you are going to say the rebuild, retool, whatever words, whatever swear words that have been out there that they refuse to do or say in Vancouver can be used now and you can. You can paint a clear vision for the fan base, and the fan base is not that fickle that they're go, hey, we're on board with this. There's an exciting new vision in place. Let's see if they can follow through and have success. Let's see if we can be the next Anaheim. We can be you know, Autawa, we can be all the Montreal look at Montreal success. But you have to draft, you have to develop, you have to have good trades, and you have to have a vision and stick with it and not get too excited and get ahead of it if the vision ends up maybe a year ahead of time, Jamie.
Speaker 4: Three Canadian markets are looking for coach now, Vancouver, Toronto, Edmonton. I think I saw a stat on the weekend. Ryan NuGen Hopkins has had ten coaches in Edmonton. Is it tougher coach? How much tougher? You know this? How much tougher is it coaching in Canadian markets?
Speaker 9: I would say tougher, Yes, is certainly a word. Expectations are high and it's funny because you guys live in a passionate market. I do as well in Toronto. Grew up in Edmonton. You played in Calgary, so I'm well aware of all these Canadian markets and how passionate and how passionate and how educated they are. I would say there's one thing that has maybe upset the Apple card, and I don't know if it's true or not, but if you look at how the Vegas Golden Knights do business, they stepped into the league and said we want to win now today, and that's always care about. We don't care about the popular vote, we don't care about winning press conferences, we don't care about you know, X, Y or z. We are just going to try and create the best team every year and win every year. And they with the parody in the National Hockey League, now you are seeing it has to be a cutthroat. This is a business, and I know it's frustrating for fan bases. And you're right, Ryan Nugent Hopkins played fifteen years in the league, has had ten different coaches. Now that's an organization that's bottomed out and had how many number one picks? They finally got McDavid. Yes, where are they going right now? They took a step back this last season and they looked tired. They looked disjointed and they had to fire their coach because to me, they did not progress systematically under Chris Knoblock. So you do need a different type of coach. And I would say you need a different type of coach in Edmonton than you do in Toronto then you do in Vancouver right now, based somewhere individual organizations are So that's the key thing. You don't just go, hey, we're going to interview all the same coaches and see where we land. To me, you know what you just talked about. Manny Beholtra has been in the organization. He might be the next best thing. Vancouver's got him right underneath their nose and they helped develop him, they help you know, grow him as a coach, and same thing with RJ. So Vancouver might be in the most advantageous position because I think the expectation from the fan base and the organization is low right now, because hey, this is what we're retooling, we're rebuilding. Whatever we're going to do, we're gonna build it and do it right, and we're going to put the right people in in place, Whereas in Edmonton the expectation is they need a closer, they need somebody to get them over the top, and in Toronto depending on what John Chaika chooses to do, and in Marching orders from Keith Pelly, do you hey, are we retooling trying to be Boston or are we going to bottom out and trade some of the top end players and try and be a Vancouver Anaheim, San Jose, Chicago? All of that. So there's lots of questions to be asked, but all three of those organizations are in different spots.
Speaker 4: How tough though, is it going to be? Whoever is coaching the Canucks. You are entering a rebuild. You're not gonna win. You're gonna have a ton of young kids in the lineup. That's not easy to do, Jamie.
Speaker 9: No, not at all. But I would have them call I would have if it's Manny Maholtro, I'd have them called Ryan Huska, say how things been going in Calgary? Because I'll tell you one thing that in Calgary they do not cheat you for effort any night. Ryan Husker is trying to win every night as a coach in Calgary. And yes, a Craig Conroy, they've had they've had the tank there. They did it. I call it in a dignified way every night. They they fought for those points, but you can see they're cycling through. They've got some real exciting, good young players. They've got the framework of a good team there that needs experience, and he's got nothing but draft picks and financial currency to go out and continue to try and build his team. So you're talking about the Vancouver Canucks. I would take a look at the you know, Ryan Husker and his coaching staff and say, you know, can you give Manny some advice on that situation on on you know, yes, the expectation to be low and you might bottom out again or be near the bottom, but that doesn't mean you can't try. That can't doesn't mean you can't have a tight system. That means you can't set the culture. And that's the one thing I've noticed about the Calgary Flames is every person that or goes into that organization understands what the culture is right now. And I think that's what's going to be established in bank who moving forward with the new people.
Speaker 4: All right, one Canadian market that will not be changing the coaches. Montreal Boil Boy Final four Young Team Game seven last night. Boil Boy, this team's on the raw. I don't think they're going anywhere anytime soon, Jamie. They're gonna have to be what. You're gonna watch these guys for years and years.
Speaker 9: Absolutely, because if you look at it, you look at their key positions, they've got players in the waiting. So you know, as much as Jakobdobish, who's twenty four years old, there's a great story, could arguably be up for the con smythe right now. They've got Jacob Fowler who's twenty one there and might be when it's all said and done, better than Dobish. You look at the defenseman. Yes, they've got Lane Hudson, but they've got Rhinebacker, They've got Enstrom in the miners, they've got hag in college. Like, they've got depth in every position ready to push through and challenge the incumbent. And that's not even talking about slav Cooski, Cawfield, Suzuki Demodoff. Like, these guys are young, skilled, fast, hungry and play with a determination. So you are going to see Montreal. They're not going to only be here for this playoff deep run. It's going to be years to come. And I would argue that Buffalo you know, have a few key decisions to be made, obviously with the Alex Tuck situation. But Buffalo is not going anywhere that Atlantic. It's very interesting. And you asked me about the Toronto maple leafs, I mean the Maple Leaves. If they try and retool, no problem. You can put yourself right into that mix. But there's no guarantee that you're a playoff team because five spots came out of the Atlantic. Well, who are you taking out? Are you going to take out Ottawa? You're going to take out Tampa? Are you going to take out Montreal? Buffalo? Detroit's it up and coming. Team Florida is getting healthy and retooling as we speak right now, and that's a Cup champion ship pedigree. Team Boston made the playoffs off a quick retool. So at the end of the day, you have to identify the situation that you're in and also the division that you play in. As far as quality of competition.
Speaker 1: You can use this. I saw this tweet. It's the Adams Division that remains, the old Adams Division that remains. Other than Vegas, the final four, Hertford, Montreal and Quebec. You seem pretty impressed by that, Jamie.
Speaker 9: I am impressed because I'm old enough to remember the Adams Division without having to google. I know, you know what it's exciting. You can make a case for all four teams. I still lean Colorado right now, but as you know, you have to play the games because we've seen injuries, inconsistencies, all these types of things that can you know, downfall or hurt a team as you go deeper into the playoffs.
Speaker 1: And we'll see what that layoff does to Carolina. They haven't played since May ninth. Hey, thanks for this, Jamie, appreciate it. You got hit with the news moments ago and you came through with flying colors as always for us. Thanks so much, Nettles, thanks for having me.
Speaker 9: Guys. Well chat soon you bet.
Speaker 1: Jamie, mcclear and Noodles TSN again. The news it is being reported. I think it's all but official. Adam Foot out as.
Speaker 4: Head coach at the Bank of the Canucks, and we got official news from the Canucks. Not only Adam Foot, assistant coach of Scott Young, Kevin Dean and Brett MacLean all fired as well.
Speaker 1: We'll take a break. Craig Button with more on this news and everything else going on in the NHL. Next Donnie Deling the team on.
Speaker 2: Check Donnie and Dollie.
Speaker 7: The team is supported by Ableauctions dot ca Closing your business we can help.
Speaker 1: Able Auctions specializes in helping British Columbia based business owners close their business and sell their assets in a timely, orderly manner.
Speaker 4: Online events for everything from machine shop and manufacturing auctions to industrial equipment, retail inventories or any other type of business us Able Auctions can help.
Speaker 1: For a free confidential consultation on getting your business assets sold, Please email sales at able Auctions dot ca A. That's Sales n A b l E Auctions dot ca A. All our guest today has mentioned moments ago brought to you by a title sponsor Able Auctions, Able Auctions dot ca A. Just before we get to Craig Button T S. N. Scott, the director Bayside Ocean Side Resort in uh Parksville, Pat the potato farmer. Yeah, great news for those who think the Sedines are too nice. They fired Adam Foot Do you know that thought last week? Nice guys, They're not going to make any bold moves. Same with Ryan Well, they let go of Adam Foot, and it didn't take all that long. Again, in case you're just tuning in the cannuction of let go of Adam Foot and his entire coaching staff. We don't know who the replacement for Adam Foot will be at this point. Speculation obviously a promotion of Manny Malhultra here to talk about that and more t s and Scotting director Craig Button. Thanks for doing this, sir.
Speaker 4: How are you?
Speaker 3: I am great and Daniel and Henrik are really nice guys. Don't ever underestimate their competitive spirit or their fire. You don't have Hall of Fame careers and the successes they had with everybody, first of all calling them the you know, the names they were called when they first came over here, and then being top players, everything they went through in their careers. Yeah, you might say they're nice guys. Don't ever call them soft? Is there anything but.
Speaker 1: And today they let go of Adam Foot along with Ryan Johnson. He would have been in on the decision. Just your your reaction to Adam Foot's dismissal.
Speaker 3: Well, number one is that listen, you gotta be decisive, and you know they looked at it and they said, you know what, he's not our coach, so be decisive onont it and move on number two. And I think this might be the most important part of it. Ryan Johnson's been in the organization for a number of years. Daniel and Henrick have been around for a number of years, and they were here when Adam was an assistant coach, and so they saw things and they said, Nope, not gonna happen. We need somebody different. And that's I'm not here to knock on Adam foot. I'm saying that they looked at it and said, we need something different, and Adam cant provide that. Therefore we're making a change. And I love the fact that they were decisive. And this goes back to the Vancouver Connects name and Daniel, Henrick and Ryan call it the three headed monster. It's not a monster. I think it's great news. I loved what they did. I love Ryan Johnson to the manager. Daniel and Hendrick have learned. Ryan knows what's happening here. If you bring in a new manager from outside, he's going to go through this whole process of trying to evaluate, Okay, what do we have? You know, what do I have here? Am I going to name a new coach? Am I not going to name a new coach. You know, Ryan, Daniel and Hendrick have the benefit of having that institutional knowledge and understanding of what they feel is necessary for this team to move forward, and they were decisive. And I think it's just another example of how and let me use the word, I think it's fantastic what Frances Wackuilany did in hiring Daniel Hendrick and Ryan Johnson to oversee the hockey offs.
Speaker 1: So Daniel and Hendrick get promoted, So does Ryan Johnson. Does it make sense that Manny Malholtre represents the next promotion and the next head coach of the Bankerver Canucks.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean Ryan knows it very well for the success they had with the Abbotsford Canucks back when they won the Calder Cup trophy. Listen, I think the first thing they have to do is make a determination about what they may be willing or what they may be ready to do with the third overall pick. I'm on record here, I think that Maholtra would be an excellent fit here for the Vancouver Canucks. So if the Vancouver Canucks feel that way, did you have to evaluate, Okay, what would it mean if his dad is the coach? I mean, Caleb's not coming to play for the Vancouver Canucks next year. And do I think that Manny is a capable candidate to coach in an absolutely one percent? But you have to evaluate that and the impact that you know, the understanding the dynamics of that, and if you think the dynamics could and you really like Caleb Maholtra It's really hard to find top end centers. There's a lot more coaches available than there are top end centers. So if I felt as an organization that Caleb was our guy that we had identified, I would be sitting there going and I think it might be a dynamic that might not be the best thing for everybody involved. I'd look elsewhere for a different coach.
Speaker 4: Hey, Craig, you know, put your general manager's hat on. You're running a rebuild. What's the best type of a coach for a rebuil? Because he's gonna be in a Canadian market, there's gonna be a lot of losing, you know, social media whining and bitching, and you know they could be whining about the same stuff about Manny at Christmas time. What do you need from a coach early in a rebuild.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna I'm gonna get to that my answer. And a stuffond here. I think you're being very presumptuous, Rick, Why is there going to be a lot of losing? Why do you start with the premise that they have five defensemen and are NHL defenseman They have some really good forwards. You know, we know that the goaltenant has to get better. Let's wait and see what they do, you know, leading into the draft, what what maneuvers they make to add players. This is not a team that was the Chicago Blackhawks that had nothing, or the San Jose Sharks that had nothing. I don't start with the premise that there's gonna be a lot of losing. I really don't. I don't see this as something that's burned to the ground. Get it to the studs. When you have five defensemen like that, you have some good prospects, you have some other really good players in your organization. Is there work that has to be done? Yeah? And I'm going to give you an example. In nineteen ninety five, our team in Dallas, we were the fifth worst team in the league. We're terrible and the next year with like ninety five ninety six, we were work. The next year we rebounded. We got our team back in the North. We have to make some moves. We got some players. We had a lot of good young players. Now the same good young players that were there the year before came back, but they had support. Give them a chance to see what we can do there. Before we start on the presumption that this is a complete rebuild, there's going to be a lot of losing. I think with any coach, I don't care who you are, I don't care where. You have to be able to understand what your players need at any moment in time, the connections you make with your players. And we've heard Daniel and Henrik and Ryan talk about the importance of community, being involved with the media, not having the immediate at arm's length, making sure that I think these are all important things for a coach, articulating, making sure that you can talk. I watched Marty Saint Louis and Montreal, and I think Marty St. Louis been outstanding. And the media in Montreal is as demanding as any media anywhere, and the Vancouver media is excellent and demanding. Nothing wrong with that, but somebody that's going to be open and forth right and deal with it and at the same time help the players be the best they could be. There's gonna be different stages of that. But if you have a coach that says, oh, we're gonna play this way and we're gonna do this, and you know, not understand and Marty never did that. As time went on, he started to put a little bit more demands on the players because they were more ready to take those demands. I think that's true of any coach, Rick, and I think that's what the Vancouver Connects need as much as anything.
Speaker 1: Hey, Craig, one thing you said earlier that I want to get back to for a second. If indeed Many was the head coach and they draft Caleb third overall, what's the best approach for those two gentlemen going forward in that situation.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, I don't know. I think you have to have those conversations long before you get into that situation. You have to understand, like, like, listen, you know, Vancouver conuncs are going to meet with a lot of prospects. You're going to go and sit and talk with Caleb. You're gonna go and sit and talk with Manny. You want to go and talk and talk it out and understand. Okay, you know he's the coach. What's it going to mean? How does he respond? What's the dynamic? I mean one of the biggest things that I know when I was involved in with NHL teams and William Um, we wanted to know the influence that parents had on their kids, not in a negative way, just to understand. You know, what's the influence, you know what's the agent's influence friends and how they respond to it. You got to keep in mind these kids are young and different stages of maturity, So I need to have that conversation long before and understand it long before I put them together. Because, like I said before, if the dynamic is something that you have concerns about, and I'm not saying that in a negative way because Nanny's a pro, Caleb's a young pro and very mature, it's about understanding it so you don't get into a spot where it could be uncomfortable because it's not just about Caleb and Nanny. It's also about the other players on the team too. It's always dynamics, and as I said, I'm very clear on it. If you think that those dynamics are not in the best place to work, I'll go find another coach finding a center. If he's your center, that's harder to find.
Speaker 1: We haven't even talked about the haves and sabers. We're out of time here. You're not fun last.
Speaker 3: Night we going to talk Listen, it was fun last night. Did for the Montreal kid. This is a Vancouver show. We don't need to be talking about at all.
Speaker 1: Thank you boy. You know our market well, you know it?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh yeah, thanks for this my friend. Well, maybe we'll talk about that game last night next week.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, or you can just send me a text if we can talk about it over text.
Speaker 1: Okay, perfect, Thanks Greg, TSN Scotting director Craig button Man. He's good. You got some business.
Speaker 4: Absolutely. Look at this BC's number one sports memorabilly and gaming shop, Pastime Sports. Check out the largest selection of sports member billiy autographed items, trading cards and collectible games in Western Canada. Also look at this twenty twenty six World Cup apparel and cards now available. You can't visit them in store, you can shop. They're massive selection featuring cards from any era online at pasttime Sports dot Ca.
Speaker 1: Do we have a laptop situation? We do?
Speaker 4: We do?
Speaker 1: There?
Speaker 4: You go, Nina, all right, what do we got.
Speaker 1: In a savage ladies?
Speaker 4: Not me so I can't really speak to it. But what do we have there? We have Christine Sinclair?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: What else do you guys? See? Series one?
Speaker 1: We have Jamie Langerbourne, who will see you? I think you reported that he was coming to the Canucks front office.
Speaker 4: I did not stop and he got interviewed for the Canucks GM Boston AGM. Yeah, he's he's on the move somewhere. We haven't figured out where yet though.
Speaker 1: And upper Deck Series one hockey cards from back in the day, or not back in the day, it's actually quite recent. I thought it was Gretzky for a second. There it's Connor McDavid. It's been a whirlwind of a show, losing my mind all over the map today, DTMZ next, Tony del the team on check, three foot hot Dogs, postgame fireworks Friday noonters and the future Toronto Blue Jays Right in your backyard. Catch a Vancouver Canadians game this summer as they celebrate seventy five years at nap Bailey stadium. For tickets, promotions and more information, visit Canadians Baseball dot com or call six oh four eight seven to two, five, two, three to two.
Speaker 4: Today it's eleven thirty five on a Tuesday morning, Donnie and Dolly on check TV. Now time for DTMZ. He brought to you by the world famous Whissler Golf Club. Go see Big Al out there a great track. Great track.
Speaker 1: DTMZ brought to you by the Arnold Palmer design Whistler Golf Club in Buddy golfers to stay up to date with Phase two of their golf course reno on Instagram at Whistler Golf and just a reminder of the golf shop and the Whistler Driving Range will remain open this summer. In big Helloa al Al Chris Manson up there at Whistler regular viewer, you know he's interested in the news. With the Canucks today, letting go of head coach Adam Foot and his staff. We don't know who the replacement will be. Speculation swirling around Abbotsford head coach Man Malholtra. Let's do this. Let's take a left turn. We're taking a lot of left turns today, but let's do that again instead of reading an entertainment story. We'll get to birthdays in a second. But we've got all sorts of submissions into the Bayside Inbox, so let's read some of those and we'll read more of them in the actual is it just me segment next, But you can do the on all right.
Speaker 4: Sorry, but foot had to go. He's part of the problem. Too often his defenders played awful and we got our position a lot. Okay, so let's get into this. He was playing from who's no name there on the submission Please put your submissions the name behind it. He was playing four defensemen under the age of twenty two for many, many nights. After they dropped a thirty second, they made the trade with Quinn Hughes. Not many coaches play for defensemen every night under the age of twenty two. You know that, I know that there was going to be a ton of mistakes, a ton of mistakes when you play four d under the age of twenty two.
Speaker 1: So I'll go Devil's advocate here, yep, because there's been a lot of people saying that in the Bayside Inbox, and I think the problem people who know a lot about hockey and a lot of our viewers and listeners out there, they've played hockey, they've coached hockey, they know a lot about hockey. The net front coverage was not great. And that's something pretty pretty simple, and maybe it's something that the Sedines know noticed It's not simple but basic to hockey, and it was oftentimes a problem. We're getting a lot of that into the into the base side inbox. And I understand, and I have all the respect in the world for Adam Foot, but that's a basic that you know, struct young defenseman or old defense whenever the case may be, have to come up with. So I understand where people are coming from. Maybe the Cedines saw that. I'm sure they did. Ryan Johnson saw that, and as a result they can actually looking for a new head coach.
Speaker 4: Yes, they partly part that's part of the reason Ryan Johnson just quoted. Our group feels the need for new coaching voices are needed to chart a path forward. They just want to start brand new.
Speaker 1: Fresh well, and it's there's also and and Craig Button had a compliment for Francesco Acolinia. You don't see that often on the show that on the on the show, I wonder from a business point of view, you know, can you sell Adam Foot going Look, it's it's it is, It is hockey. It's about wins and losses, but it's also about dollars. And could you sell Adam Foot going into next season? I'm not so sure of that now. Having said that, it's gonna cost them dollars because they have to pay him out for the next for the next two seasons. But I guess they feel it's worth it.
Speaker 4: And what I like about this the Twins and Ryan Johnson would have had to have asked Aquallini, we're gonna Firefoot because there's two years left. He said, go ahead and do it because he's got the commitment on money three million over now.
Speaker 1: But you're against that all the time.
Speaker 4: Stop it. Don They gotta pay Rutherford, they got to pay alv now, they gotta pay Foot.
Speaker 1: Don the fird is still he's an advisor. He's got my dream job. He's in Carolina. I guess is there, like they're on the ocean there or whatever. They come and he's just sitting back and saying, yeah, Firefoot, that's great.
Speaker 4: Hey, he's paying three guys not to work for him next year. And it's pretty significant money.
Speaker 1: Does Oe l too?
Speaker 4: Oh there's there's that's all total ten eleven million dollars. He's got to pay don to for pizza money stopping it. That's not how business works.
Speaker 1: Done? What else you got here?
Speaker 4: Sadine's and Johnson are way too smart to keep foot. They're just doing this out of respect for him. Manny's the next coach. Aussie Goose comes in there with this. But I'll tell you right now, new GM, new co presidents, cleaning house, starting fresh, starting fresh, darning.
Speaker 1: Jeff Chill, Beruby and Cassidies are just me. But Baruby and Cassidy makes zero sense for this team. Manny is the only right choice. Uh. Bruby and Cassidy are getting wooed by the Edmonton Oilers. Yes, Craig Barruby is the Oilers are interested in him. Cassidy makes I think the most sense. He seems like a win guy, a win now type of guy. What he is, He's a win now type of guy and he's won Stanley Cup recently. And you've got a guy there wearing ninety seven, another guy wearing twenty nine in Edmonton Times running out on them I'm sure they wouldn't mind. Somebody would be a kick ass type of coach like he is and with a resume light like he has. So brew Bayning, Cassidy Vancouver. I agree with Jap Joe make no sense, makes no sense at all. Manual Hoult makes the most. Shi's gonna happen.
Speaker 4: Brewby and Cassidy don't want to come to Vancouver. Nobody wants to start and to rebuild. If you're a veteran guy, well you just said it too. They're more expensive and they're four and a half five million each for those guys. Canucks need a young guy that's good with developing young kids and he's okay with what's up ahead.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's go to birthdays now, and then we'll continue with the submissions in the Bayside Ocean Front Resort in Parksville in box in the regular is it just me a segment, but right now, as part of DTMZ, we always do birthdays. Take a little break from the Adam foot dok here, very little break, very short break, and birthdays on May nineteenth, and again Ryan's not here, Folks awaiting the birth of kid number two.
Speaker 4: Kid number two, Kid number two, is on the way and this is brought to you by Pork Chops Louise but your shop at Casino at Pitcher Creek, Alberta. This guy was the first round pick of the Stars in nineteen ninety nine, Drafted out of the University of Michigan. He helped the Wolverines to the NCAA title in ninety six. The only come we're talking, first round pick of Dallas in nineteen ninety five, the only Canadian to ever win a gold medal in three straight.
Speaker 1: World Junior Yeah, Dallas in nineteen ninety five.
Speaker 4: Ninety five, Michigan. He wanted to call the Cup with Saint John's Calgary's farm team. Eight years in the NHL, four hundred and eighty one games after playing, Jim Rutherford hired him in Pittsburgh. Rutherford named him an assistant GM and the Penguins in twenty fourteen. He's been a GM of two NHL teams, including.
Speaker 1: One down the Highway. WoT you, Jason Bart Yeah, Jason.
Speaker 4: Botterol Do you want me to keep going? I mean, I can't believe.
Speaker 1: Well I got it so no, Well it.
Speaker 4: Took long enough. And Nina, you can help here. And you two there Derek, Derek. Okay, here's only worked together for five Forget Derek's name, because I don't see his face. I don't know it's Derek. It could be someone else behind him. He was a fifth round pick in twenty two.
Speaker 1: Face is the issue.
Speaker 4: He was a fifth round pick in the twenty twenty No. Twenty twelve NHL Draft.
Speaker 1: Twenty twelve or twenty twenty twenty twelve round, fifth round.
Speaker 4: Considered a late bloomer and was barely recruited undrafted in the USHL. Drafted out of the NCAA A mass Lowell, you of mass Lowell. He received the Mike Richter Award as the top goalie in college hockey. Started his career in Saint John's twenty fifteen American League All Star Game Saint John's that moved to Winnipeg. He would play for the Moose. Was an All Star with the Moose in twenty sixteen American League. Would finish his rookie season Winnipeg twenty six wins, four shutouts. Connor hillbook, Yeah, yeah, yeah, Connor Hilbert, you got it. I had as soon as I said Winnipeg. It was common common sense. Okay, this guy nineteen ninety five, drafted in the NBA right out of high school, paving the way nineteen ninety five, ninety five, paving the way for the likes of Kobe Bryant, Lebron James, Kevin Garnett. Ah, that's bs, how'd you get?
Speaker 1: That was one of the first, well not theefer. The first high school player I remember being drafted was Cobe Brant. No. The first high school player I can remember making the jump from high school to the NBA was Moses Malone. And then remember him seventy four foot fall.
Speaker 4: Oh, who doesn't remember him?
Speaker 1: And then it was there was a gap there and then along came Kevin Garnett and Kobe.
Speaker 4: I interviewed Kevin Garnett rogers A Rena was coming off the bus. We were both walking Europe, coming off the bunch. He was coming off the bus and I and my arm was.
Speaker 1: Like this, and you know, so you're saying he was tall.
Speaker 4: He was tall. And as we were walking, he let me interview him. A really nice guy. Kevin Garnett. Okay, this guy for all you wrestling fans out there, everybody, look at this. In nineteen seventy three, Vince McMahon was this Wrestling Legends agent in the nineteen eighties. You were battle Hulk Hogan all the time. By the time he was twelve, he was six three, two hundred pounds.
Speaker 1: Come on, what under the giant?
Speaker 4: Ah, how'd you get that?
Speaker 1: Well? The battle, the battle was the wrestling any a one where they fought. He was and Hulk Hogan picked him up. It was amazing. And then you know, you say to yourself, oh, Hull Cogan was so so Hulk Hogan's huge, and he looks so small next to Andrea the Giant. He was into wrestling back then.
Speaker 4: He once pounded one hundred and fifty beers in one night.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you were with him.
Speaker 4: I'm not lasting one hundred and fifty I'll tell you that much. But anyways, Andre, the is no way.
Speaker 1: I don't care how big you are. One hundred and fifty beers, that's not happening.
Speaker 4: Done, he's over five.
Speaker 1: I like the Happy Days episode where they were like shot glasses of beer.
Speaker 4: Done, he's seven, he's over. Remember the Happy Days, Happy Days? Who doesn't I know every single happy Remember when.
Speaker 1: Richie had seventy shots of beer?
Speaker 4: Richie did cutting out?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, but they were just in shot glasses.
Speaker 4: This is a true story. You had one hundred and fifty beers. If beers, he's five hundred pounds done.
Speaker 1: I'm no longer with us.
Speaker 4: Oh sadly, Andre the giant pass.
Speaker 1: Well, no wonder often consumed one hundred and fifty beer. We're good read it, all right? Is it just me? Is coming up? A next more submissions from you into the Bayside inbox. And a day we find out to Adam Foot is no longer the head coach of the Vankaver Caddocks. We're waiting a decision on who the next head coach will be. Work on that. Rick Pete Townsend eighty one years old today, all right, and he's gonna play us. So you can start the music there, and you know from June of nineteen eighty and the album Empty Empty Glass. Okay, Nina, I'm gonna ask you to start it again from the start, the instrumental part at the beginning of the intro. Man you really you're really learning from Ryan Henderson here it's from the album Empty Glass. This is Pete Townsend going solo with let My Love Open the Door and check the House of Rock and Roll. On a BC Tuesday Morning.
Speaker 4: Is It Just Me?
Speaker 1: A continuation of next.
Speaker 10: Safety, The BC Construction Safety Alliance is celebrating twenty five years of making BC work sites safer. As part of that mission, the BCCSA is now on the road with the Safety on Tour, a new mobile education experience that delivers live safety demonstrations directly to your work site, school, or community. Safety on Tour offers engaging, interactive demonstrations that highlight key safety principles, whether it's the effectiveness of fall arrest systems, the advantages of safety lifting procedures, or the protection offered by helmets, safety glasses and gloves. Safety on Tour transforms safety information into memorable and actionable experience, says book that out a reserve and appears by the Safety on Tour mobile experience. Contact the VC Construction Safety Lines by emailing Safety on Tour at VCCSA dot ca.
Speaker 4: Looking for one of Victoria's most iconic s days, the award winning Wattling Dog has been welcoming guests and their dogs for over thirty years. Ten minutes from the airport in the ferry. Their room lend vented charm with modern comfort, making it the perfect home base for your island adventures. Your trip isn't complete without a stop at the legendary Waddling Dog Pop twenty taps Waldwall TVs Every Canucks game and UFC pay per view, plus an extensive daily happy hour, and before you go, stock up at their cold beer wine store, hundreds of local and imported options, plus exclusive Donnie and Dolly merchandise. The Dog isn't just a hotel, It's a destination. Come sentence day.
Speaker 1: We are way behind or is it just me? But go? Is it just me?
Speaker 9: But?
Speaker 4: If the Canucks choose Maholter as their next head coach, maybe they've already made up their mind. They're not picking a son Dave from uh so Surrey? No, where is it Dave? Dave Dave from Surrey? Listen, Uh, it's impossible to know if they're going to take many Maulter's kid because they don't know if he's going to be available at three. Look, stop with the Manny the kids stuff? Uh why DoD it's interesting, it's weeks away. But it's interesting. It's weeks away. Like you think that's gonna stop them from announcing Manny's the head coach this week? They might not get Manny's kid at the draft.
Speaker 1: We're all night they might, they might not, or do they want to get him but won't because Manny's the head coach just talked about that. It's interesting that is where's your sense of news?
Speaker 9: You know?
Speaker 4: But it's impossible to know if they're gonna end up with his kid.
Speaker 1: We gotta get going here, Abby Glenn. We're getting a lot of this and we thank everybody who's submitted this this type of submission. Is it just me or as a new era started for the show breaking Canuck news, Well you're still on the air. Maybe this management likes us, but stop.
Speaker 4: It wasn't the Canucks. It wasn't the Canucks. They were forced to like. Hendrik Sedine said, oh, we got to stop the leaks. Well, Henrik, you better go do some homework because this was leaked out.
Speaker 1: I felt good there for ten seconds. Now you're taking it away from it. They broke the news about the assistant coaches.
Speaker 4: They had no choice, So Hendrick wants to stop.
Speaker 1: The other guys would have waited until we're out there.
Speaker 4: Henrick, you want to stop the leaks?
Speaker 1: Looking we gotta bring Okay, we'll wrap up the show the poll question next, Donnie the team on, check.
Speaker 4: Doc Pole, Rick and let's get her up here? Do you agree with the Canucks decision? Are Adam Foot?
Speaker 1: And I should mention this is a new poll question given the news of the last couple of hours.
Speaker 4: And it's the results of the same opposite of the other one. But anyways, eighty nine percent say yes they agree with the Canucks firing out of Foot, and eleven percent say no, they don't agree with it. So there you go.
Speaker 1: Yep, it's just in Adam Foot out as head coach of the Vancouver Canucks. We don't know about a replacement. His staff has been His coaching staff has been let go as well. You had an interesting stat very quickly.
Speaker 4: Five coaches. The new guy will be the fifth coach in five years for the Canucks. That is not good on any front, in any fashion or form. You do not want five coaches in five years. It is hard to develop players with five coaches in five years.
Speaker 1: Are your photos?
Speaker 4: We've got a photo.
Speaker 1: Pick up the energy you wanted a nighting day.
Speaker 4: Look at this, Nina, get her up.
Speaker 1: Look at this.
Speaker 4: This is my good pal Chris there on the right. Chris is the guy in the right and look who he's had to take it.
Speaker 1: He's not the guy on the left. Stop.
Speaker 4: But you know what I'm talking about. Chris with Nathan Rourke, star quarterback of the BC Lions up in Kamloops. Look at the clouds, Donnie, what's going on? Was it raining in Kamloops anyways? Beautiful photo? Yes, yeah, Chris, good pal of mine right there with Nathan Works, star quarterback of the BC Lions and friend of the show. And friend of the show Nathan Rourke. Great guy.
Speaker 1: That's it for folks.
Speaker 4: And one birthday Donnie Dwight turning sixty four today. Dwight's a big fan of the show from Chilliwack.
Speaker 1: And there might be another birthday in the Henderson family. We haven't received any news yet. Waiting by the way, David Cedar in the inbox baside inbox in forming us WrestleMania three. Yes, when Hulk Hogan grabbed Honor the Giant tossed them around seventy eight thousand fans, I remember the overdome in Pontiac, Michigan. Thanks for tuning in, folks. Adam Foot no longer head coach of the Bank of a Canucks on the health of Nina, Ryan, Derek Rick, everybody here at Oh Boy and Check. I'm done and you're up to Dayton World Sports.
Speaker 2: Thanks for listening to the Donnie and Dolly Podcast. Be sure to follow us on Twitter at Donnie and Dollie for all the latest show content.