Speaker 1: Thanks Johnny Man skin with some weird edits to the lyrics that I had never heard before. Yeah, it's he's actually singing about a refreshing citrus drink. Right, that's not as popular as some of the others. Right, Okay, Kate, you've had a squirt before?
Speaker 2: Absolutely? Yeah, very good? Can I make you one? Sure?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 2: Love to get a squirt.
Speaker 1: I'm only going to ask this question with the three of us. Yeah, I think Christina can be asking now. I mean, so does for everyone not like that slogan? I prefer honestly, all right than have you ever heard of Rondo character Rondo Blackman. He was a great mid rain shooter that quit on Carlo.
Speaker 2: That is actually a great name for like a social media account or something, Rondo black So she sprited and we're all squirting. D I' drinking of Rondo. Uh dude.
Speaker 1: When we were kids, Rondo was right in the same category as squirt, all right, Like it's like sub standard seven up right.
Speaker 2: I mean I didn't even know about that back then. Rondo squirt. Okay. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So in the commercial for Rondo, it's a guy skiing down a mountain of grass. He's just skiing down a hill. He put the ass in grass. Yeah, and then he's got a quench his thirst at the bottom. And I think they always crushed the can.
Speaker 2: Do you want to here?
Speaker 1: If you can ski on grass, right, you're taking it. That's called field skiing. What's that thing called cross country skiing around grass?
Speaker 2: Okay, isn't that what they do it on?
Speaker 4: That sounds like a soroy industry thing?
Speaker 2: A cross country skiing there is, but it's it's it's where you're not going super fast downhill and you're just like wank, wank wank, but it's on like snow. I think it's on snow.
Speaker 1: Still still, I think so this is this is a guy that's like, I'm so extreme before extreme sports, I'm going to ski down this grass hill. He predicted extremes before they happen. How has the cheese wheel not made it to the Olympics. The cheese role is incredible sports.
Speaker 2: That's correat.
Speaker 5: I'm starting to get into more more sports now. The cheese roll here looking for some other things. You got a void in your life? Oh no, they traded Colby?
Speaker 2: Oh damn, dude.
Speaker 1: I have no problem with the cheese bracket. Really God, I love cheese so much.
Speaker 2: I would love to do a full sixty four seed cheese bracket about a month away, my friend from Bracket Time, Let's do that, amness.
Speaker 1: Uh speaking of the madness, our phone started blowing up a little bit within the last twenty four hours and uh, I saw it on Twitter last night. Skin, one of our listeners tweeted us and said, said, Hey, Bill Simmons just mentioned you guys on one of the biggest podcasts in the world. It was so amazing to me because once it got out there, I had no way idea that many people here locally were still listening to Bill Simmons. Like I'm not I don't mean that in a jerk way or whatever, but like, he built up his empire, which is amazing, and then sold it to Spotify, and I thought that his slice of the pie had decreased, and maybe too, because I know a lot of people that worked at the Ringer and they all have bad taste in their mouth. But I just assumed that he wasn't the dominant figure in sports that he had been. Like when Ben and I were at ESPN, you aspired in sports media unless you wanted to be Skip or whatever you aspired to be.
Speaker 2: Bill Simmons.
Speaker 1: Okay, here's an outside guy, does it on his terms, ended up on national TV on NBA. Get like, he did it his way right, and then he made a ton of money. And I didn't know people were still checking for his opinion like that.
Speaker 2: Maybe they were when a big thing like this happens.
Speaker 1: Okay, great, but I had so many people reach out to me, and they did it in a way that was like they were shocked because they were just going through their normal routine of listening to the Bill Simmons podcast. Yeah, suddenly our names popped up, and he had on Brian Curtis, who's a local guy from Fort Worth, I believe, Yeah, And so he and Brian Curtis are going through this podcast and there just in case.
Speaker 2: Field don't know, I think.
Speaker 1: I mean, Brian Curtis has done a lot of stuff, but I first became aware of him at the Ringer, or maybe he was actually at grant Land before the ring Yeah, but I always think him as a guy that does a really good job of covering sports media, you know, and especially he's always been a guy that Simmons turned to and other people turn to when they want Dallas Cowboys opinions because he's from here.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So those guys Bill Simmons and Brian Curtis are having a fun discussion about a new angle on all this MAVs talk, and it's they start talking about, all right, if there's a movie ever made about this, who would be cast in all these different roles and went a little something like this.
Speaker 2: I was playing with some casting here too. You got to help me with this.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm just so sorry we lost Penny Marshall because Miriam Maidleson. I mean, that would have been the ultimate.
Speaker 2: Casting spot on. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Do we want Josh Gadd for Patrick Dumont?
Speaker 1: All right, that's a question I think we should discuss. He's the guy forgad Is. He's a guy from Frozen, Yeah, and im okay, yeah, you see him everywhere despite not being in a lot of things that you would probably watch.
Speaker 2: I thought I thought Jeff Daniels would be a great Patrick Dumont. I think they're saying Josh Gadd because he's got a big full face. Yeah right, yeah, maybe, Okay, let's keep it going. What about former uh you know, jazz drummer Steve Gadd?
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, I think Patrick mumoos a little bit like George Dunham, but that's not like national casting.
Speaker 2: But he can kind of see it that will come back up later. I kind of like that a little bit. That's really good.
Speaker 6: I mean, you could also go Chris Pratt putting the weight back on who do we like for Cuban? It feels like Jeremy Strong and a zag. Nobody expecting Jeremy Strong here. He could be Polinka Took.
Speaker 1: Okay, Rob Blow is absolutely Polinka. Yeah, there's no way that it could be anybody else. Let's cast dude. Jeremy Strong is bad ass. That is a great can you show me suggestion? Well you didn't watch Succession, Okay, you guys are gonna have to. So Jeremy Strong looks about thirty years younger than Cuban.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh he is. You know he's well, it's like twenty years.
Speaker 1: I mean, I guess now that. Yeah, I would not think of that guy as Cuban. But that guy's great.
Speaker 2: Okay, here's some Cuban off.
Speaker 1: You have to think about the the guys he's he's played like the character he played.
Speaker 2: I think that he's method aced guy. He looked to me. He looks like he's just done some fensive.
Speaker 1: Jeremy Strong is amazing. He's like the most self important actor too. He's like, when I get a story, you know this story, and then Kieran Colkin's like, well you didn't write the story like jars amazing.
Speaker 2: Here's my Cuban options. I have three, Okay, but hold on.
Speaker 1: I just came up with the Patrick Dumont, John c Riley.
Speaker 2: That's good. Yeah, that's good. And and he's played an NBA owner before. Yeah, oh that makes sense. Who's the guy who played President Bush in the movie. He's in everything? Roland? Yeah? Could could Brolan be Cuban?
Speaker 1: I see Brolin as Luca Cuban. Jeremy Piven, that'd be good. Weal Keene Phoenix, that would be really good. And if we're going for what Cuban looks like now in terms of like he was always wearing glasses, Rachel Maddow that.
Speaker 2: You're gonna say Roy Orbison, Oh, Roy Orbis would be great if we could bring him back. Okay, let's keep on. What are you talking about? Okay? Who else could be Cuban? Only I had jab Affleck? Could Ben Affleck be cub I had JK. Simmons with a wig. Dirk was a tough one for me. Derek plays himself. What do we do with Luca? Luca's tough.
Speaker 6: This is where you into like the uh, the Aaron Hernandez show, which I liked, and the guy didn't really look like Aaron Hernandez, but by the end of the show you kind of felt like he was Aaron Hernandez, so you almost need.
Speaker 2: I know exactly what he's saying there.
Speaker 1: You start a series like this and you're watching, you're like, dude, this is terrible casting, and by the end you've forgotten that you ever thought it was terrible casting because he sold you over the course of the performance. Luca who all, I got one who Chris Evans, I don't know who that is? Christina yeah, Captain, Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, I could totally.
Speaker 4: He would definitely have to be fupp a little bit, but.
Speaker 2: He's had to be fubled, but he's got the Lucas.
Speaker 4: Yeah, definitely.
Speaker 2: He could also be Klay Thompson. No, yeah, I don't know about that.
Speaker 4: He shows you.
Speaker 1: I mean I kind of see it. What about uh, James Cordon Cordon being Dumont.
Speaker 4: Ye would have to play basketball.
Speaker 1: Though Cordon does have the baby face thing. That's why I said Chris Sevans Lucas baby face.
Speaker 2: James Gordon could play Luca if it was a musical. He's a cat. Okay, Uh, it needs to be.
Speaker 1: It needs to be a white guy with a with a fadeace, with a baby face, super lovable, sweet face that you love.
Speaker 2: And it could be Chris Pratt. I think it could be Chris Pratt.
Speaker 1: Took Chris Evans will like him than Chris Pratt.
Speaker 2: Chris Evans kind of looks like Ben just.
Speaker 1: Showed me a picture of Clay Thompson. I still don't know who Chris Evans is. That's your problem.
Speaker 2: Keep going.
Speaker 1: Well, one that's not mentioned. I would like to cast Jason Kids, Garth Brooks.
Speaker 2: Okay, pretty good.
Speaker 6: You need somebody that's big and a little doe, and that could be anybody. Maybe are going with an unknown for that one.
Speaker 2: Who's playing Skin?
Speaker 6: And who are the maps radio guys.
Speaker 2: Talking about Ben and Skin?
Speaker 3: Who's playing Benn's Oh my god, I would have so many ideas for Mavericks Sports Radio, and there'd be so many this would be unbelievable.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Uh He very quickly wanted to turn it into a conversation about the dumb zone.
Speaker 2: But Bill Simmons has no idea who that is. So I think I knew exactly who should play us me and been together.
Speaker 1: It's perfect. That's Matt Damon and Ben Affleck. We're the same age, we're very very Boston accent. We're both we're all ripped. And Ben Affleck has put on weight before for Roles, right or he just put on weight because of j Lo. He keeps with that ass because of the stress, smoking drinking benefit two.
Speaker 2: Okay, son.
Speaker 1: One of the things I realized is people were hitting me up is like I'm out of date on actors, a lot of stuff Yaddy, So I.
Speaker 2: Wanted to read you this. That are our old buddy. Adam Rainer, who's obviously still a Bill Simmons listener, sent this.
Speaker 1: He's one of the guys hit us up, and he was like Anthony Michael Hall for you, and maybe Kevin James for Ben okay, And my thought on it was one okay number one. As Anthony Michael Hall got older, he got swollen, so it'd have to be high school Anthony Michael Hall playing me. And also Ben's like in the last five years, lost weight and slimmed down. I think he's smaller than Kevin James significantly.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: I think Kevin James would have to lose weight to play really, I like the sound of that. I was thinking John Goodman, he's slimmed down a little bit. Yes, I was thinking Brian Dennahey, that'd be the great honor of my life. Yeah, one of the greatest character actors of all time. But I think he's probably passed away, right, Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think so. And I see more John Goodman, Ben. Yeah, what about Jonah Hill playing u K t uh No, I'm not gonna be in the movie? Oh man? Why not?
Speaker 1: Wait you're Chris Elliot, right, Yes, I'm clear. I've a thought of a Nico casting h I weirdly have three.
Speaker 2: Oh my god? Really so.
Speaker 1: The first one's off the beaten path a little bit, but he looks a little bit like the situation from Jersey Shore. You're gonna have to look at it and figure it out. He looks a little bit like him, all right, uh Lenny Kravitz. And then my last one is the one I think I would go with here. I think Eric Andre could pull it off. Uh, there is a guy that I've seen recently that looks exactly like eric Andre in the NBA. Now I'm blanking on who that is. There is a player that looks exactly like eric Andre.
Speaker 3: Hell.
Speaker 2: I think eric Andre could maybe even play Clay. Yeah, he's pretty versatile. Taylor Swift for Christina.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, lead a Ford Okay again, I like Katie, I don't.
Speaker 2: Need to be in this. You're You're both in it, both in it.
Speaker 1: Arou all right, we forgot the intro and dang, it just happened sometimes. All right, coming up next in the Hollywood Shuffle, we got to make a note to ourselves to remember it. The next big act that is coming to the sphere in Vegas. That's next, all right, It's the Ben and Skin Show ninety seven point one The Eagle. Thank you for listening today. We're gonna give away some BFD tickets right now. We're gonna be doing it all week long. You gotta be listening to win. And you gotta have that iHeart app.
Speaker 2: Do you have it? Have you downloaded it? It's cool.
Speaker 1: You can stream all the good iHeart stuff, including your friends here at ninety one point one the Eagle. It's a great way to leave talkback messages with us as well. You're listening Teresa Middays or Woody in the mornings, leave a talkback message. We love it when you do it with us too. Now we're gonna give away BFD tickets to the first person that leaves their name, their phone number, their email address, and the answer to the question which famous national podcaster sports figure just said that me and Ben should be in the made for TV movie about the Luka Doncicz trade. We just played audio of it like twenty minutes ago. If you're listening, you know, first person that says it, you win. These BFD tickets will be giving them away all week long, so good look for that. Everybody, got some football stuff we need to get into here in about thirty minutes the Today game. All kinds of good good, But right now it's time for this.
Speaker 2: Juicy and your news. Hot guys, every come.
Speaker 1: Stay on top in the Hibby wood shovel woodshot. All right, I got some movie news, get some music news. I'm not a huge fan, you guys know this. I'm not a huge fan of playing you know, trailers, but I have trimmed this one down because I do think it's a decent one to play here. One of my irks in life right now is the absence of good old fashioned comedy movies.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, it just hadn't We're just not getting that a lot lately.
Speaker 1: And that's okay because there, you know, the movie industry is going through a lot and all that stuff. But I want it back, and I think we have a chance. Coming in May is a new movie starring Paul Rudd and Tim Robinson. Tim Robinson, for those that don't know, is the star of the hit comedy show on Netflix. I think you should leave Huge, Hit Huge. He's a cult hero. He was in Detroiter's on Comedy Central.
Speaker 2: Back.
Speaker 1: It's good. It's really good. So if you guys remember one. I think it's one of the most underrated movies. It gets overlooked when people start naming out movies of the era of the late two thousands, The Titanic, It's I Love You Man. Yeah, it's very watchable, great movie, very watchable. It's a great movie. Yeah, it's so good. It's at But Paul Rudd is playing the wush role, and you know, and Jason Siegels, the guy he always is kind of well quick questions, Yeah, where do you rank that? With hot Rod and mcgruber above it? Sam very much above it. I think I reckon above forgetting Sarah Marshall, which I like. It's not as good as forgetting Sarah Marshall and probably not as good as role Model. You need to watch I Love You Man again. I've seen it in the last year. God, we could power rank all these Uh, that's the only way to really determine all this.
Speaker 2: I mean it's good. I like it.
Speaker 1: But if I'm flipping the channels and I have three movies I can choose from in order, I will watch over that hot Rod for getting Sarah Marshall and then I Love You Man last.
Speaker 4: Sounds like another bracket idea.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just think that's that's the most whack thing I've heard.
Speaker 2: I don't have the Luca trade.
Speaker 1: I don't have a problem with what he's saying because I think that it's it's like a NASCAR race. There's a tight grouping, they're right around each other, there's no clear cut winners there. But I think Sarah Marshall is a cut above. I'm definitely gonna watch it. I mean, like I said, it's watchable, it's good. I'll go as far to say as I don't think they're even that close, like and I like hot Rod, like hot Rod's down, and then I think in the middle would be FSM and then above it would be I love you man forgetting Sarah Marshall's but everyone just well, this movie is called Friendship. And rather than Paul Rudd being the meat guy, he's kind of the crazy neighbor. And uh, here's a trailer just to get you primed and pumped for may Uh, here we go, I'm up.
Speaker 2: Here we go for money.
Speaker 5: The new neighbor of invited you over for a drinking Hey tonight, I.
Speaker 2: Said you'd go. You don't have a my schedule. You sit there every night. It might be nice to have a pal, you know.
Speaker 1: A bud.
Speaker 2: Hey, guys, this is my neighbor, Craig. He's the best. I was a spiraling them and I see the way the guys look at her. I'm just so I'm scared. She was lucky to have a dad like you stopping. It's like eight guys in a room.
Speaker 1: It's supposed to be a pal hanging This one guy is just like, I see how the guys look my daughter. Okay, so there, it's like, wow, it comes over to hang out with the guys. It's like this real intimate conversation. And then one guy starts breaking into a song and they all start singing together.
Speaker 2: So it's a real strange group. Okay, okay, I can see the future.
Speaker 6: See it's full of pals.
Speaker 1: I'm on the edge of life.
Speaker 7: And of view.
Speaker 2: Book.
Speaker 6: We had a couple of really nice hangs, but I think it best.
Speaker 2: That we go separate ways.
Speaker 6: I don't wish to continue this friendship.
Speaker 2: You all accepted me way too fast. You can't do that. You made me feel too free. People need rules.
Speaker 1: You should be.
Speaker 2: Give me a second chance. Get to know. There's a new Marvel out that's supposed to be nuts. We should go see that. It's gonna be awesome. You guys know what the idea of the high concept movie is? How do you mean? So there's a Hollywood term.
Speaker 1: It's called the high concept movie, and it's a movie that you can describe in twenty five words or less.
Speaker 2: Is that the elevator pitch thing.
Speaker 1: The idea of its Shawshank redemption meets fast and furious exactly. Yeah, So the one for this based on not seeing a single frame of the movie, but hearing the way it's set up. It's I love you man, which is ironic that you brought it up then turns into the cable guy. Yeah, okay, that's great call because it's set up with you know, the wife force, you gotta go be friends, and then suddenly you have the clingy thing and then it gets hyper weird.
Speaker 2: Yes, I think one hundred percent. That's very on point, is there?
Speaker 1: And dudes, guys have problems making friends as you get older. It just you get out of a social network, you have kids, and then your friends end up being the parents of your kids, friends or whoever they play youth sports with, and then it may graduate to being you have these friendships based around just people that are your favorite people in most proximity to you.
Speaker 2: But I see awkward guy.
Speaker 1: Groups forming all the time, and guys are trying to find their way.
Speaker 2: They hope they get accepted into it. It's awkward, they might get edged out.
Speaker 1: And he plays such a good uh that like outcast type of guy, Tim Robinson who is his wife in it? You know what, I don't know it's okay, So she's a nube. No, I don't know that she is. No, I just don't know that I was paying attention. It's interesting that you say that, because in my mind, I'm thinking the wife from this is forty, because it's right in that same wheelhouse of all those movies, you know.
Speaker 2: Leslie Man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's also has a lot of power in that. Anything he says you kind of laugh at because of his face. Yeah, yeah, I think it's it's either Kate Mara or Rooney Mara. Oh, I like a girl from the House of Cards. She pushed into the train and she was in the spoiler alert and I don't watched the teacher. Yeah, she puts her name. He's right, it's Rooney Mara or Mara Rooney or something like that. Kate, Kate Mara, Kate Mara. In fact, you know, it's wild because she is in the family of both the Steelers and the Giants owners.
Speaker 2: Kate Mara, Kate Mara.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, I've seen her before.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's been around all right. Oh, yeah, she's in everything. Oh she was in Shooter. You're welcome. What a great moment, dude. It's uh, that's one Danny Glover's sunglass Danny Glover sunglasses. He can't get him right on his head he's wearing I just describe this sounds wearing his sunglasses.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so basically the top so it would normally go over. The ears are about they're pointing upward at a forty five degree angle and they are about three inches above his ears. It doesn't really make any sense at all. In other movie slash TV type news, Ben Stiller is going to star in a drama comedy no dramaedy on Our Coama on HBO called The Band. And he is this like music executive guy and he's in trouble at work because he can't find the next pop stars. So he's got to go find a new pop group. I imagine it'll be a boy band. So he's a talent mogul, but there's a lot of scam going on and he's trying to save his career. And I could see him kind of being downtrodden guy because that's Ben Steeller. So that looks good something to look forward to.
Speaker 2: I like that. Are you what is what is his apples show?
Speaker 1: Again?
Speaker 2: Are you in? I'm caught up? Okay, caught up? Last night. Oh are they releasing him?
Speaker 3: One?
Speaker 2: John gotcha? It's wonderful.
Speaker 1: It is You're in so good God for whatever reason, so confusing, I couldn't reconnect. It's great, but I will never say anything about it on social media because I love Ben Stiller so much. And I noticed that he will search for comments that he's not even ce seed on and respond to people. And so he liked the guys he plays in movies, but in a fun way, like not as he's like yeah, like somebody was like, hey, I haven't been able to get into this this year of severance, and he goes, yeah, and it only gets worse from here.
Speaker 2: It kind of drags out, and that's yeah. You know. Bill Lawrence did that to me one time.
Speaker 1: He's the guy who created ted Lasso and he I mean, just an innocuous ted Lasso tweet and he's like, oh, I'm sorry, we'll try to make it funnier next season.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry. I love Scrubs.
Speaker 1: Sorry, Bill, Yeah, that's why I'm not coming. I need to give it another shot. It doesn't it doesn't matter how you know, much success you can achieve, you can still be wildly insecure.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, you know there's a huge twist in episode two of season two of seven.
Speaker 2: It's very good. I'm gonna watch it tonight. Oh and the Backstreet Boys are playing the Sphere. Oh that's who's playing the sphere. What.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's kind of let anyone that wants to take the time to do some graphics get in there. Man, there's gonna be so many sweaty fifty year old that they're they're kind of letting anyone who wants to do some graphics.
Speaker 2: Given me, you don't take the time to do the graphics, they'll let you in.
Speaker 1: If the Backstreet Boys have that cat that was on that guy did that zoom call for the Core? What if that giant cat was on the screen of the sphere? Good?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: Coming up next, Jason Witten has responded. He has spoken, and it has to do with why he's not the head coach of the Cowboys now or maybe he will be in the future, or was he involved in this head coaching search. We'll discuss that next segment. He's brought to you by her Toto Barbecue, the sponsor of the Texas Rangers, with two locations inside Globe Live Field. They also have restaurants in Arlington, fort Worth in the Medical District, Mansfield and their brand new location now open at the Dallas Farmers Market.
Speaker 2: Skin, I know you love this place. You recently went there.
Speaker 1: How do you describe what her totto barbecue is specifically the Dallas Farmers Market location of why folk should go there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so this is now.
Speaker 1: I have not been to the Arlington and Mansfield location. I've been to the ones at Globe Life. I've been to the one out in Fort Worth, don't love it, but this one at the Farmers Market is on a whole other level, primarily because the bar is bad ass, Like they have a full on bar. Incredible place to kick it on the weekend. You guys know what the Farmers Market is like on a weekend. It's hoppin'. But this is great for lunch any day. And now they're having their big official grand o opening this weekend, so you can go all the time. And it's MEXICU gotta get the brisket tostados there great, but we encourage you to get a cold beer. We'd love it if you got a roller Town big German or a juice serum. That's the brewery. We're partners with but they got another. They got tons of liquor and tons of beers on tap. It's an awesome place to hang with amazing food. Go check it out this weekend at the farmers Market. It is Hertato Barbecue.
Speaker 2: But right now it's time for this. It's good listeners. Tear comes kt for tweets. We're the round this now, that's cool around the sports kt FU tweets as all the sports.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, MAV's minute for you in about twenty five minutes or so. Joe Witten was at this thing for a I think he's got this little foundation Man of the Year type thing that he does for college players. And he was finally asked, you know, why aren't you on the Cowboys staff or why aren't you the Cowboys head coach?
Speaker 2: About damn time times?
Speaker 1: Not Now?
Speaker 2: You know, I think I just enjoy what I'm doing right now.
Speaker 7: And coaching my kids, And you know, I think you just continue to do a good job and work at it, and you know there'll be opportunities there for me. So you know, when when those times present themselves and when I'm ready, I think it'll be a good opportunity for me to get back in it, and that's a desire of mine one day, but right now, I'm really happy with.
Speaker 2: What I'm doing, So that is a goal. And with the Cowboys, oh man, you'd love to.
Speaker 7: Do it with the Cowboys, but you know you gotta sometimes it doesn't always work it that way.
Speaker 2: You know, you got to be able to go other places.
Speaker 7: And so the best coaches I was around, that was the way it worked for them.
Speaker 2: And don't try to just kind of plot it perfectly, but you.
Speaker 7: Know, you do a good job, and when the time he's right, I think it'll be a good opportunity for me to go. But right now I'm really enjoying what I'm.
Speaker 2: Doing with my kids. More proof that you can't escape that Shaboozi song. Yeah, is that what that was? But he said the time's not now.
Speaker 1: I'm going to keep coaching his kids, but he said there'll be opportunities for me there in the future. So clearly he had those conversations with Jerry Jones. Yeah, I think it's inevitable that he will be on the staff. But again, I've had these conversations with him, and I'm not saying he's my best Yea. I talked to him all the time I talked to him in years, but he has expressed his interest in being a coach at some point, and it does come down to at the time that he's ready, is the right job available, and if it works that way for the Cowboys, he will be on the Cowboys coaching staff in some capacity.
Speaker 2: I feel like it's inevitable. Who do you use? Who did you talk to last? Witten or the guy who asked the question? Mike Doocy? The Deuce was on the loose there, man, he was rocketed. So who do you think he talked to last? Jason Whitten or Mike Doosey Okay or Sam Gannon.
Speaker 1: The last time, the last time I talked to Deucey was I went there to do I went there to do his show, The Deuce, So that would have been a long time ago. I think that was the last time he talked to the Deuce. Yeah, when's the last time he did? So, you've talked to Jay Witten since you talked to the Deuce.
Speaker 2: I would have talked.
Speaker 1: Last time I talked to Witton would have been probably around the time of that Ben.
Speaker 2: Rogers vindicated stuff all of that, So that was pre pandemic. Yeah, I think both were pretty Panda. That was the old station man. Yeah, that is insane. That was four years ago. It was technically three stations ago. We left.
Speaker 1: We left the fan in October of twenty nineteen. It's freaking twenty twenty five. How in the hell did that?
Speaker 2: What do you want to do? Go backwards?
Speaker 1: I do that would be dope. That's the whole premise of Benjamin Button, right.
Speaker 2: Uh well, he's aging. Yeah, that's going back. That's more.
Speaker 1: It's it's more of a back to the future. It's aging reverse Cowboy, and it's it's the flux capacitor, go back in time. Convinced Cuban, Yeah, I mean, what.
Speaker 2: Do you I mean, what do you do if you want to change things? You you? Well, what you.
Speaker 1: Do is you leak to Luca's agent what's going on, right, so that he gets involved, right, I think, yeah, yeah, I'm just wondering what the scenarios are. But uh yeah, I think it's inevitable.
Speaker 2: I think he will be a coach for the Cowboys at some point, and I thought it would be straight into the head coaching role. As crazy as that is, I'm still not saying it won't happen. That way.
Speaker 1: But when the rumors started coming out that he would be willing to be a part of this next staff, sounds like he might be a tight ends coach to begin with. Are there are there still slots open? I have not been keeping not that many open. They filled in a lot. So here's Kevin. Everybody, they've done a good like. It's been kind of all over the map. A college coach here, you know, the interesting offensive coordinator, higher plays. Have you had any time with shot he yet? I haven't yet, but I know he's a big listener.
Speaker 2: So he is a huge listener.
Speaker 1: I'm looking I look forward to three straight nine and eight Cowboys seasons. Dak boy, I'll tell you what this city right now has some got a big room reading problem. M He's right, Dak out there making comments like, you know, time we compete with Philly, we're right there with them, you know, and a lot of times we beat them, and it's our time now.
Speaker 4: He said that about the Commanders too, didn't he He's like, oh, you know, we were right there with them as well, and look out four they got we still got this, not.
Speaker 2: Right now, not if you were coming off a bad year.
Speaker 1: I don't disagree with him, so his history would show that he has dominated the Eagles.
Speaker 2: But like again, let's just look where we're at right now.
Speaker 1: He's acting like they're not that far off from them. I agree, they disagreed. Pretty far off.
Speaker 2: I don't know, man if I were to, let's take the combined score of the four games with the Commanders and Eagles and look at it from this year. I just think the I just think the rosters aren't close.
Speaker 1: I was listening to broad us breakdown how many exceptional players are on the Philadelphia Eagles and they've acquired him in all different manners of ways, and they were just talking about, like the breakdown of exceptional players between the Eagles the Cowboys. I think that there's tally was sixteen for the Eagles and nine for the Cowboys.
Speaker 2: Pretty close.
Speaker 1: Well, this is where I want to go because cow was do have work to do, and part of that is who are you gonna keep? And our buddy Sad who's on the One Star Cowboys podcast, he had a whole list like, here's the guys, and we had to talk about this because it's a lot of the guys like Zach Martin made a comment last week like I'm a free agent.
Speaker 2: Know everyone's talking about me like I'm dead.
Speaker 1: Oh, let's make a run at but number one guy that sawd has Osa odiggy Zuwa. And for a team that doesn't have defensive tackles, you should probably sign a defensive tackle who is yours, dude, But you know he's he's gonna get he's gonna get paid beyond how good he is.
Speaker 2: He's going to be paid beyond his skill level.
Speaker 1: And that's not You desperately need defensive tackles, but you can't play in that space.
Speaker 2: There was not one guy that left last year in free agency that I thought, Man, that's a reasonable deal for that guy to leave, right, Like, that's just free agency if you if you're signing a guy in free agency, you are over paying for him unless it's three months after free agency starts.
Speaker 1: I've heard speculation that he'll be like a top five paid defensive tackle in the league and the league like, dude, what that's one of the exceptional players when you like you got a top five I actually could franchise him for one year, but that doesn't make a lot of sense either. Why not, Okay, it's the defensive tackle market. I think it's about fifteen to twenty million. Now I did hear uh No, I've heard he's gonna get north of twenty Yeah, I believe that.
Speaker 2: But I heard kavanall. I heard, right, he's great, he's good. But why didn't we shut it down in the middle if he's worth that? I heard.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I heard Kavanaugh saying, or you may have seen this on social media too, that this is the greatest trade back trade down draft ever. He goes I like the top five or six players, I think they're really good, and then after that there's like forty guys that are about the same. So just trade back, Yeah, trade back with trade back with no quarterbacks back because usually on the trade back you have like five quarterbacks that go in the first round.
Speaker 2: Dude, it's not crazy. It'll happen.
Speaker 1: They'll go top five probably. It's not crazy to think that no quarterback goes top and top, not even Shoudur because everyone was all horny for him and never one will be once we get close to the draft, and that's how this works, and people need quarterbacks. But cam Ward and Shadour Sanders are not top five picks and they're probably go there. So what do you guys now think after all this, this is so disrespectful, but I'm gonna do it. What do you guys now think of Jalen Hurts?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's yeah.
Speaker 1: I love the question because immediately people change oh championship quarterback once once they do it. It's the same way with Dirk. People talk trash about Dirk until he got a ring and they're like, oh my god. So three years ago or four years ago and everyone was horny for Jalen Hurts. I was like, man, I don't get it. I just don't get it. I don't think he's that. And then for about two years I was like, well, I guess I'm wrong on Jalen Hurts. And then everyone wanted to get rid of him, and then he won a super Bowl. It's made so hard.
Speaker 2: There's so few guys that are consistently good all the time at quarterback.
Speaker 1: It's really stupid the way that we play so much emphasis on the value of a quarterback. It's just one position. It's the most important position. But you could take a crap quarterback and give him great offense and defensive lines and suddenly he was a super Bowl champion. Right, and then you put a great quarterback on a team that has a bad offensive line and bad defense. And guess what, he's not gonna win super Bowls and they're gonna say that quarterback sucks. He's wild because they took the ball out of his hands for that half the season.
Speaker 2: I mean, dude, if they didn't have and Saquon Barkley had a very pedestrian Super Bowl, but if they did not have Saquon Barkley this year, they wouldn't have made the j Brown.
Speaker 1: Bitch all you because he woudn't get the ball and they're like, well, we can't throw it because our quarterbacks, dude, not very good right now. I honestly believe now more than ever, it's just about the trenches. I know it's cliche. Just bolster your offensive line, bolster your defensive line. It ain't sexy, and then go figure out the rest from there. But just go win on in the trenches. I think it's a game of turnovers.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 1: You gotta have a ground game. You gotta have a ground game. Don't turn the ball over. You know what, It's a clock management game. All three phases, all three phases. We're all turning into Jason process of course they are all right. Coming up next, You can only hear this segment live on the radio. You will not ever hear this on the iHeart app. iHeart It's free the iHeart app, and all of our segments are podcasts there. And by the way, Kati is now posting the whole show as one podcast. You can listen to it that way as well, but you will not hear this segment on that podcast.
Speaker 2: Next