Speaker 1: And now your host of Dodger Talk.
Speaker 2: Tim Kakes Dodgers avoid getting swept in Washington, DC, withe a comeback win over the Washington national six to five. Hi. Everybody, welcome in to postgame Dodger Talk here on five seventy LA Sports. Thanks for being with us on this glorious Wednesday afternoon here in southern California. Eight sixty six nine eight seven two five seventy is the number. Eight sixty six nine eight seven two five seventy will be here until a little be four five thirty before we turn things over to Petro some Money, who will lead you then into Clippers pregame Clippers with a big game tonight. As the season winds down in the NBA, the Dodgers winded down their first East Coast road trip of this season with a much needed win against the Washington Nationals. After dropping two of three in Philadelphia base running airs, defensive blunders, lot of walk by Dodger starting pitchers, the Dodgers go to Washington, d C And drop the first two games of the series to the Washington Nationals, who are not supposed to be very good, but quite frankly looked pretty good in this series. They got cj. Abrams, who's a young, great, good looking player. James Wood is a stud base hitter or a hitter and left fielder. He git a couple of home runs in this series. They got a former Dodger prospect, caber Ruiz. It's a good young nucleus they have put together in the Washington Nationals and they took it to the Dodgers the first two games. And today they battled back against the Dodgers. Landon Nack, who has spotted a four to nothing lead. The first four batters jumped on Jake Rwin in this game. Jake Griffin gave up four runs to the first four batters, including a taoscar Herronendez two run home run and a Tommy Edmund two run triple. Landon Knack proceeded to come out and give up a home run to the first battery face CJ Abrams in the bottom half of the first inning and had a forty one pitch first inning, three ball counts to four straight batters. He walked three batters in the inning, and he gave up three runs in the bottom of the first bottom of the second came out had a one to two to three inning thirteen pitches, got guys to swing and miss, got some hitters to chase. The third inning though with two outs give up or with one out gave up a single, then a double, and next thing you know, it's a five to four Nationals lead. After the Alex Colsack fly that was given up from Jack Dryer, who came on in relief, Land and Nack went two and a third innings. He gets up the five runs on four hits. Those runners on base accounted to Land and Neck five runs, four hits, four walks, sixty nine pitches, and the Dodgers were down five to four, and then going up against a really good right hander in Jake Irvin, who after the first four hitters allowing to score, retired eighteen of the next twenty one batters that he faced, only three total base runners after the first four of the game. He would go six innings, four runs, four hit, seven strikeouts, three walks, and when he left the game after six innings, it was then that the Dodgers able to get to Edward O Salazar, the Nationals reliever, a one out home run from Andy Pajez on an O two pitch and then with two outs two to one Teoscar Hernandez an RBI single and the Dodgers regained the leads six to five. And the Dodgers bullpen. What can you say about the Dodgers bullpen that already hasn't been said. They have helped carry this team to ten wins. The starting pitching has been okay and at times not okay for the Dodgers. Injuries have hit them already. Blake Snell going with the bullpen game today, in essence, that's why Landing Neck got the start and it didn't an essence turned into a bullpen game with six different relievers coming in after Landon Nack, Jack Dryer, Anthony Bonda, Kirby Yates, Tanner, Scott Alex Vesia, Blake Trining. They combined for six and two third shutout innings, seven punchouts. They kept the Nationals off the board, kept them at five runs, kept the Dodgers in the game down five to four in the fourth, the fifth, the sixth, and then finally when Jake Irvin left the game able to get to that Nationals bullpen and take the lead with two runs in the seventh and then go out in the bottom of the seventh, and it was huge by Tanner Scott to have a one to two three in two including a compair of strikeouts Alex Vessia again one run, Dodger lead six to five. He gives up a one run, a one out walk, and able to get out of it without giving up a run. Blake tried into the ninth inning, had runners on first and second, one out, a great defensive play from Keithy a Hernandez, a force out, a second, first and third, two outs, and he gets Woods to ground out to end the game. Ball game over and the Dodgers get a six to five win. The Dodgers' bullpen continues to be one of the best in baseball here and pick up right where they left off in the postseason last year. A lot of the same guys, young arms like Jack Dryer, Ben Casparius, the veterans they brought in, Yates and Tanner Scott, the guys who have been in the bullpen that we've gotten to know, the Alex Vesias, the Blake Trinings, all doing their part. They all put up zeros today and kept the Nationals at five runs, so the Dodgers offense can eventually wake up now. A glaring issue on this road trip is the amount of strikeouts the Dodgers gathered in a six game East Coast road trip. Three in Philadelphia, three in Washington, DC. The Dodgers struck out a combined sixty times sixty combined strikeouts by Dodger batters in the six games on this road trip, way too many. Dave Roberts alluded to it in the pregame today before this finale against the Washington Nationals, that they faced two Cy Young Award winners already and the first home stand of the year, that they have to be better. He said, I just don't think fifteen strikeouts with our ball clip should happen. We faced schoob Ble, we faced Sale, and we didn't punch out fifteen times. Well, they punched out fifteen times yesterday and they were on their way to that again. But they only struck out ten times against the Nationals in the finale of this three game series. Too many strikeouts by Dodger hitters in this game. Now, I get text messages all game long, from friends, from family, from people saying the bottom of the lineup is bad. Monsey keik Paz. All of them hitting under two hundred, all of them hitting under one seventy five now on the season. Pahz one swing of the bat can make a difference. He did into seventh inning on an O two slider that missed and hits it out of the ballpark. Kei ky Hernandez has four hits on the season, all four home runs. The defense he has made up for it and played out of necessity every day because of the injury to Freddie Freeman. Max Munsey today zero for four with three strikeouts, now hitting under one to seventy five on the straight the season, and the strikeouts in this series he had eight of them, he had ten. He had ten of the sixty strikeouts by Dodger hitters on this road trip? Did Max Munsey the bottom of the lineup when they don't produce, they need the top of the lineup to overproduce. When seven eight nine aren't doing anything for the Dodgers, the top of the lineup has to do overtime more than they're supposed to. And what do they do today? Otani, betz Edmund and tay Oscar the top four hitters, seven for sixteen, a home run, a triple, five ribbies, and they also drew three walks amongst the four top hitters in the lineup, they did their part. The rest of the lineup outside of Pot has solo home run, didn't do a thing for the Dodgers today. Canfordo struck out twice, Will Smith and over four day Max Munci oh for four to three strikeouts, Kicky Hernandez Oh for three with the walk in the strikeout, and Andy Pott has the one hit outside the top four hitters of the Dodgers lineup that well important solo home run in the seventh inning. We talk about how good this lineup is one through nine, and it's different guys every night, and the Dodgers are so good they can afford to have an off night from a player or two and still win games. Today is one of those days when hitters, really, six through nine don't do anything for you. Hitters, make that five through nine today don't do anything outside of the one hit from Andy pots the home run. You better get some mass production from the top of the lineup, and that's exactly what they did. Two for four show Hey O Tani with the walk, Mookie Betts one for four at a walk, Tommy Edmund two for three with the triple two ribbies, and a walk, and tai Oscar Hernandez two for five, the home run and the three ribbies the Dodgers top of the lineup carrying them today, the bullpen keeping them in the game today against the Washington Nationals, and a much needed six to five win over the Washington Nationals. For this Dodgers team, it would have been a deflating five hour flight home to have lost this game and gone one in five on your initial road trip of the seas and lost three straight to the Washington Nationals. As it is, you leave Washington, DC on a winning note, with some positivity in the air, with a good feeling having come from behind with two runs in the seventh, the defense playing the way they did, the bullpen being lights out today. You can feel good about yourself for the next forty eight hours until they play again on Friday night to start the homestand against the Chicago Cubs. It would have been a long forty eight hours, a lot of angry Dodger players at home tomorrow on their off day thinking about a one to five road trip. Instead, two and four feels a lot better. You come home, you get the win, and now you get ready for the Cubs. Followed by a three game series against the Colorado Rockies eight six six nine eight seven two five to seventy. Let's start things off. Jose Moti will join us in just a little bit. Let's go to David and Westlake, his first up here on Dodger Talk after a six five Dodgers winning Washington. How you doing, David, I'm doing great.
Speaker 3: Kens for taking my call. I got some positive and I got some negative, and I got a question for you about pitching positive. Absolutely, kudos, kudos to the bullpen. They were fantastic. H kao kao is just so clutched. I love him. And of course Otani not only does he look like a movie star, but he hits pretty well too. But but but Monsy man Monthy. I love Monthy so much. But you know, he had a down year last season, and and now he's starting off really really, you know, punching out way too much. I don't know what's going on with him. You would think with a guy like Freddie on the team, that you know, Freddie could teach him how to go the other way. He rarely goes the other way. He rolls over a lot of bedpool all the time. I just wish that he could adjust his swing and and make a little bit more contact. As far as the pitching is concerned, I'm just explained to me why Gonsolin and Miller.
Speaker 4: Are not ready yet.
Speaker 3: Why did he have to go to Roblestie and knack. You would think that Gonsolyn would be read and Miller, I heard, pitched a great game in Triple A. Why aren't they getting the opportunity.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure why they're not getting the opportunities. I can tell you what you know. Bobby Miller has made a couple of starts, and I appreciate the phone call, David. He's made a couple of starts already in Triple A Oklahoma City. In fact, his last outing was five innings. He allowed three runs, including a home run, on two hits. He walked six and struck out three. So wasn't a great outing. Last time out against El Paso five innings again, three runs, two hits, the home run, six walks. Before that, against sugar Land, Bobby Miller four and two thirty innings, no runs, two hits and four strikeouts. So he had a good first start of the year against Sugarland in Triple A Oklahoma City and then his second start on the six so what three days ago against El Paso at home. Had some control issues again, and that's been the issue with Bobby Miller right especially last year. Burst onto the scene in twenty three twenty four for whatever reason, had a setback velocity, control, walking, too many batters and just looking at the game blog for what he did last time out on Sunday or whatever. The third was a six was that was Sunday, right, Yeah, Sunday, five innings, six walks can't happen. Can't happen. He's got to have better control, and I think that's something that they're working on and hoping to get some more starts underneath him and have him available if needed. As far as Tony Gonsolin is concerned, Tony Gonsolin pitched on Thursday in a minor league rehab assignment in TRIPAA, Oklahoma City. Now he didn't go very deep in that minor league game, Tony Gonsolin, I think he just pitched into the second inning, So I don't know if it's not that he's built up yet and they want to see him go and maybe back to back starts before they bring him back up. I know they were pressed for starting pitching yesterday and today, but he's made one start, an inning and two thirds, no runs, one hit, a strikeout in two walks. So yeah, not necessarily built up is Tony Gonsolin. Where he's at four or five innings, you know, sixty to seventy five pitches, maybe another start or two, and Tony Gonsolin's good to go. It sounds like the back issue is not an issue right now. That's behind him, thankfully. But the build up factor a guy who hasn't pitched in the major leagues in a long time because of Tommy John surgery and not coming back into last year when they could have used some starting pitching. No need to rush him back. Build him up. That's what they got, Robleski. And they've got land in neck to make starts for the Dodgers. Hey, look a look at landin Neck today. I get I just to me, it's frustrating because you see what he can do, and you see what also happens when he goes out there and throws forty one pitches in the first inning, a home run, a walk, a single, and a walk to the first four batters. But then he comes back after a long first inning seven runs combined score between the Dodgers and Nationals, forty one pitches given up by land in neck and he has a one two three second Indian including a pair of strikeouts. So he can shut down when he needs to, but he can also just come back and unravel and have control issues. The control issue is a huge thing right now. And I don't know if it's because it's the first two weeks of the season that pitchers aren't ready yet. I don't know what it is, but the Dodgers have a lot of walks that they have given up this year. I imagine what happened having looked it up right now, They've got to be in the top three in baseball in walks given up by their pitching staff. When we talk about the strikeouts the hitters have, the walks given up by Dodger pitchers is a lot today. Seven more walks given up by the Dodgers to why Washington National hitters. So yeah, I get it. You want to see Gonsolin black, You hear Bobby Miller's pitching and triple A. Why isn't he back up? It looks like the control issues still bothering Bobby Miller, and until that's figured out, I don't know if we'll see him back up at the major league level unless they are really forced into having a need for a starting pitcher. And I think Tony Gonslin, just based on what he did in that minor league rehab assignment last Thursday, I get the feeling he's probably another start or two away from being built up and ready to go, because the last thing you want to do is bring him up and have him just be able to go what three innings, forty pitches. You want to build him up and be able to have him go, you know, into the fifth or sixth inning as a starter for the Dodgers. A six, six, nine, eighty seven, two, five, seventy. We'll take a break, we'll come back. We'll hear from Jose Moto. We'll get to your phone calls. Busy day for the Dodgers, who jumped out to a four to nothing lead, gave up the lead down five to four. Dodgers bullpen puts up zeros and then the Dodgers' offense, which was sleep walking through five innings, came out in the seventh put up a two spot thanks to Andy Pater has home run in a Tiaskar Hernandez RBI single. Dodgers come back and beat the Nationals six to five as Dodger Talk continues. If you're on an FHI seventy LA sports live everywhere on this Wednesday afternoon on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 1: AM five seventy LA, be anywhere at any time and you can hear past episodes of Dodger Talk all of those things. Search AM five to seventy on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: We're streaming on run.
Speaker 1: We stream every game too.
Speaker 2: Come find it.
Speaker 1: Back to Dodger Talk on AM five seventy LA Sports. They Oscar hitch one deep to the left center field alley.
Speaker 5: That ball is gonna get out of here.
Speaker 2: That's gone. First pro home.
Speaker 6: Run for Teoscar Hernandez, a two run shot of the Dodgers lead a Ford to nothing.
Speaker 2: Ta Oskar Hernandez with a two run home run. The first four batters of the game scored for the Dodgers. Home run number five for tay Oscar. He also had an RBI single with two outs in the seventh inning to give the Dodgers a six to five lead as the Dodgers beat the national six to five Daniels Jewelers presents the hole run forecast. Go to AM five to seventy LA sports dot Com keyword home run for your chance to win a fifty dollars Daniels Jewelers gift card predicting the number of home runs in the next game. Let's go to Daniel's Jewelers and own the dream. Go back out to the phones and just a second one check out with Jose.
Speaker 1: It's tough to go around the horn with hose Mos.
Speaker 2: All right, Jose, A lot to kind of digest from this game and from this road trip. I want to start with the bullpen and what they did today. Land and Neck got into trouble in the third inning, only goes two and a third. Jack Dryer comes in, induces a sack, Fly gets the strikeout, has a shut down fourth inning despite a walk. The bullpen today, Jose six different relievers combined for six and two third shutout innings, one blue pit in the nineteen that should have been caught, and seven strikeouts. They again continue to put up zeros and keep the Dodgers in games.
Speaker 6: Just to keep the Dodgers in game. Casey, as you mentioned, to have the ability to change the game with one swing. I actually, I mean I would have getten to win to Jack Dryer, this kid has been like a game change, yeah, you know, just because he comes in and throw sometimes in the fourth or fifth or sixth thing. He's an out there in the limelight when you know the lights are shining the Briders. But man, he put the stop to the Nats on making sure that he continued to be momentum. You know, it's uneasy with him too, because remember he was added to the forty man rosters offseason. He's twenty six years old. He's never started a game in the minors, and his role has been that of the reliever. And he set the tone for everybody from there on, considering that when you lose a starter that early in the game. To him, it's not easy to line up to see where you might fit. But these guys don't care. I mean, Tanner's got got in the big contract. When does he come in? He comes into seventh thinning. Why because that's the best matchup for the Dodgers for a guy like that. And that's when you see that a guy like Blake trying and play such a big role in understanding how to communicate with these guys, and Josh Bart does a magnificent job. Does not get enough love for what he does. And when he communicates the restern very direct, he formal Casher. He understands the game very well. But it's refreshing to see the guys and I'll be scared to go out there and keep it back in the zone and make more quality pitches.
Speaker 2: Tommy Edmond and Teoscar Hernandez combined to go four for seven, a triple, the home run in the first inting and five rbi in this game. I mentioned it earlier. The bottom of the lineup had one hit. It was the Andy Paez home run the seventh inning, and that's the hitters five through nine had to combine one hit. The rest of the offense. The big four had to carry them today and when they needed them, they delivered. The top four of the lineup seven for sixteen, a home run, a triple, five RBI, three walks. They needed them and they delivered.
Speaker 6: It seems like going through a cycle like that, right Like every year is like okay, so it's Turner is Turner and Mooki and Prevton and then we got a tie and there's like you know what, It's okay. You have those guys at the top for a reason. Things eventually will even up. We know that the guys in the bottom need to do a better job. The one thing I like about the guys in the bottom today is if you see the amount of pitches they saw today, which is pretty amazing, Kikisa on nineteen pitches for that, and.
Speaker 5: That's just you're not trying to get a walk.
Speaker 6: You try to belong that bats And I think the conversation was quite firm from Dave Roberts and the coaches about where there were and what purchasing and how much they're trying. They were not a very there's still not a very good two strike hitting team, which also will improve. They were so good early in that homestand here at home. But the one thing too is you got to just go out there and have good at bets. And to me, I'll tell you what about really turned things around was a walk by Tommy in the seventh inning, even though he did not sport.
Speaker 5: But it's one of those.
Speaker 6: Things that turns innings around. Like Maximarsi does what he's good, he can have the ability to work account to turn things around. Into path of baton and overall some improvements on the offensive side, internity on the defensive side. I mean, Kika the gold Glover first place is pretty amazing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, eleven games at first base for Keiki Hernandez. He had a huge pick that he made from a throw for Mookie Betts. And then the play he made the ninth inning with runners on first and second and one out to dive and then throw the ball and get the force at second base. Dave Roberts said it. You know, the game should have been gone to extra innings if not for that diving stop to keep the runner at third, and he would stay at third on the next ball, ground it out and in the game. Keik a Hernandez, I mean we all marvel what he does in October Jose right in not ey positions he can play, but now you add first base to what this guy can do. It's unbelievable.
Speaker 6: And I think it's good to hear him talk about playing first base and thinking that he's playing another corner, which is third base. Instinctively, the ball comes at a different angle, but the instinct is all the same. The ball is going to get to you a little bit quicker the bag is a little bit closer, you don't have to make a long thrill. But first base nowadays is not easy to play because you play so far away from the bag so many times against right handed batters. You have such a sprint to get back to on ground balls. And at the same time you got to keep talking where your feet are with the balls coming from. How that guy.
Speaker 5: Throws the first base. Some guys throw the two with great sink. Other guys throw across the day pro cutter. So there's a lot to think about. But I think Ki k because of his mentality and to explain it, to hear him explain about before the play, plenty deep communication. That's why he slows the game down in October. On the offensive side, that's why he's lows the game down two And he's so affective because he anticipates, he envisions, and he knows exactly what to do with a baseball at crunch time, no.
Speaker 2: Doubt about it. Jose, great to catch up with you. We'll talk to you in a couple of days. Dodgers back home on Friday night for the start of a six game homestand everybody's gonna be there for the Freddie Freeman, Bobblehead, so gave me a fun weekend at the Ravine.
Speaker 6: It should be normal. C now that the all ceremonies of opening, wee can the visit to the White House. Everything's over, so the guys are we're looking forward to uh also, oh, by.
Speaker 2: The way, the warm weather absolutely absolutely all right, thank you. Jose eight sixty six, nine eighty seven to two five seventy Dodgers beat the National six to five. Kirby Eights gets the win and relief Blake Trina and picks up the saved six different relievers combining for six and two third shutout. Anything's following Landon Neck, who gave him five runs pitching into the third inning after he was spotted a for nothing in the lead. Eric and you Kaipa is next up here on Dodgy Talk. Eric, welcome, How you doing today?
Speaker 1: Hey?
Speaker 4: Feeling you?
Speaker 7: Tim?
Speaker 8: How are you doing doing good?
Speaker 4: Hey?
Speaker 8: Tim?
Speaker 4: Hey?
Speaker 8: I want to defend Max Monty. You know, we don't know the kind of effect that he has in the clubhouse, you know, around the guys. You know, it looked like last year in the World Series. You know, he was really hyping up the guys and having their backs, and uh, you know, he is who he is, and he's a great player, and he's gonna have his moment and you know, this losing streak. Before going on this road trip, we went through a lot. You know, we had the all the celebration going on we went to Tokyo. So I think these guys just need a resa and he'll come home, get some sun, go to the beach, Chris Taylor, maybe go catch some waves and we'll be okay. And Mookie Betts, I think the the game's just a little too fast for him. I believe second base is probably the best position for him.
Speaker 2: All right, Eric, I appreciate it. I think you bring up a valiant point here. The Dodgers have been on the go since February and go to Tokyo, play four games to exhibition to regular season games against the Cubs. They fly home. They got to get their body clocks right. In twenty four hours after that, they're playing three exhibition games against the Anaheim Angels, a brief day off before the home opener against the Detroit Tigers. You got the ring ceremony, You've got opening weekend and all the festivities. You got the trip back east of Philadelphia. You then got to go to the White House and then you got to go play three against the Nationals. It's been a world win three and a half weeks for this Dodgers team, from Arizona to Tokyo to LA to Philly to DC and now they're gonna come home. I think tomorrow is a huge day off for this Dodgers team. And you're thinking it's gonna be April tenth, case, how's think it's gonna be a good day off. They've hardly played a lot of games. They played fourteen. Well, it's been a whirlwin as I mentioned and just alluded to all the cities they've been in where they've had to go the last three and a half weeks, and now to have the ring ceremony twenty twenty four celebration as Eric alluded to, behind them. Now they can get dialed in here for the rest of twenty twenty five and come back home to some warm weather, get some vitamin D F at the sun tomorrow and they're day off and get ready for a three game set over the weekend for the Dodgers with Freddie Freeman Bobblehead Night. So I think that's a valid point there. This is a Dodger team that's been on the go, go go for the last three and a half weeks, and now gonna have a chance to kind of just take a deep breath and settle for a nice six game home stand. Eddie and Northridge is next up here on an five seventy. Welcome Eddie. How you doing.
Speaker 4: Doing pretty good? Jam. So my question is is my question is in regards to the pitching, it seemed like a merry go round. It seemed like that funk around the world, around the world, And that's kind of a concern because it would be nice if if we could, you know, I mean, I mean, I'm not worried about the hating. I'm not worried about the bullpen.
Speaker 9: But the studying.
Speaker 4: You know, obviously we lost Lake Sneil for for some games curse I was gonna come back in the future. Glass now not sure when he's gonna come back or I forgot his status. But I just want to know what do you think as far as like, do you think the batters are intimidating our pitching and that's why they're walking them so much?
Speaker 9: Or or are you or are you just think it's just.
Speaker 4: Lack of control for command. Hang up and I'll let you hear your taking.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I appreciate it, Daddy. I don't know if it's a mechanical issue. It's not the hitters are intimidating the Dodger pitchers. That's not the case at all. And I'll use just as an example again, Land and Nack today, home run, a walk, a single, walk to the first four batters, those forty one pitches. Control issues in the first inning. Okay, the second inning, he comes back to four to three game and he has a strikeout, a line out, and a strikeout through thirteen pitches. What changed? What did he do different between innings one and two on the mount and then comes back out inning three, still a four to three game, land in Neck ground ball to Kik at first, a walk, a single, a double by Luis Garcia Junior to tie the game in four. And then that's when they pulled the ripcord and brought in Jack Dryer, who gave it a sack fly and the run accounted to land in Neck to go ahead run to make it a five to four Nationals lead. Well, what changed for landon Neck? I mean if we can go into his mind, if we could hear what he had to say. I imagine he's just gonna talk about control issues and the importance of getting ahead and finishing off hitters. That's really what it is. He was getting ahead first pitch strikes. That wasn't an issue. But he had too many three ball counts that he had against the Washington Nationals today. He was you know, flann and neck. What did he have first pitch strikes nine of the fifteen batters that he faced. Okay, so it wasn't an issue, But finishing off hitters when you're head o two to one to two, you can't leave a ball up in the zone and let cj. Abrams with two strikes the lead off bat of the game and you leave a fastball over the middle end of the plate and he hits it for a home run to right field. Those are mistakes you can't make. You have to waste a pitch, throw it out of the zone, or make sure you throw it a fastball in a position where a spot he can't hit it, or get to it and hope he chases. You can't miss, because they'll make you know, they'll take advantage of your mistakes, and that was the issue today, the walks. If it were one or two pitchers the Dodgers were having control issues with, you could be like, all right, there's something there with those two. But collectively, we're seeing just too many walks from Dodger pitchers, starters and relievers. And today they're able to get around those walks, especially the bullpen, who combined for three walks in their six and two third innings of relief. Let's keep going, Alan and silver Lake, thanks for being patient. Welcome to Dodger Talk after a six y five Dodgers win over the Nationals.
Speaker 10: High tim Thanks, I'm a say on my way to the Clippers game. Very exciting team. They can actually win the championship this year in my opinion. But this saysn't Clippers talk. You know, you look at the pitching staff and you're neally not worried, you know, but you look at Monsey and Keyka and okay, key k. There's a lot of guys in the minor leagues who can field the baseball. That's not what makes a major league or it's can you hit? And if you really think about it, you're not worried about the pitching staff. But do you really think Monsey and Kyk are going to become I don't know, two sixty hitters or in your bones, don't you know that they're kind of not And maybe the Dodgers fought the last war by making sure they have the pitching, but they did not fix what they needed to fix about the hitting.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I'm not asking these guys to be three hundred hitters, You're right, Allen. And I'm not realistically asking them to be two sixty hitters. But I'm asking them to be better than one oh three and one seventy four and to have as many strikeouts as they do. This early in the season, I mentioned it. The Dodgers had sixty combined strikeouts on this six game road trip, ten of which came from Max Munci, who was zero for four to day with three strikeouts. My man, Manuel and Guardian A good afternoon. Manuel.
Speaker 7: Hey, we'll take that last call at the grain of salt.
Speaker 9: I mean, he said the Clippers were good enough to win a championship. Let's come on, man, get serious. Hey, but back to the Dodgers, Man, the real champs to defending world champs.
Speaker 7: Got to give Pies his flowers. He brought his hitting shoes and left his roller skates that he played on defense back in LA. So that's a good thing. Like you said, it's been a marathon of a beginning of a season, between the Tokyo shot, between the Orange Face visit, you know, just everything, man, the ring ceremony, the hanging of the banner, and you always know when you're the defending CHAMPI you're gonna get everybody's biggest shot. The Phillies are a bona fide contender. The Gnats we're playing out of their ash because they want to show out against the champs, so we're gonna give them a pass. You know, for the most part, they'll be all right, but like you said, the base on balls and the strikeouts by the hitters both need to drastically get down. That's not gonna cut it. And lastly, they need to start playing crisp baseball because these last the first ten games or whatever it's been, they've been playing about as crisp baseball as a two hour old bowl at cheerios. So I'm confident that Dave Roberts will get him back in championship mode. And you know, Friedman is going to be making moves come the deadline. Love you, tim Ka, all.
Speaker 2: Right, man, all right, man, well and Guardiana appreciate it. This team, I believe a day off tomorrow, we'll be ready to go and dialed in for this next home stand. But certainly a lot of airs on the defensive side on this road trip, a lot of walks from the Dodger pitchers, a lot of base running, mistakes by guys on the bass pass, things that need to be cleaned up, things that are uncharacteristically being done by the Dodgers that we have not seen in the last few years. Usually, you know, it's mistakes that you know, other teams make that the Dodgers jump on. It's not vice versa. And the other teams have been taking advantage of the walks, the bad base running, the airrors and had snuck up on the Dodgers on this road trip. That's why they go to and four. But they take a win in the finale today, beating the Washington National six to five. Isy, I know it wasn't the road trip we all wanted, but hey, second team to get to ten wins along with the Padre is not bad.
Speaker 11: Okay, Yeah, I guess you know what I get better then being on six? So what were they were? The sixteen road trip? Right, yeah, so it's yeah, okay, well I get to Betty being over six. Yeah, it was pretty prosthetic. They strike out, need to stop, and I only get the defferense and it's obvious play not forget play Freeman within the lineup, it's obvious that they missed. They missed ready. So anyway, so they have have have go home sin and some money, please, I missed them together with hoping. We did the launching. Yeah, it's okay.
Speaker 2: Unfortunately, too many clouds in the skies today is he didn't didn't permit for a launch day. I saw that lunches have to be scrubbed and we'll do it another day. A launching pad with Isabelle from Anaheim. Well that's gonna do it. For postgame dodgit Talk Mini, Thanks to Colony, Thanks everybody for listening, Thanks for podcasting the show as well. You make Dodgitalk one of the most downloaded podcasts on iHeartRadio and we appreciate that. Another show highly popular, very successful, the Petrol Some money shows coming up next, The Boys in until six point thirty Lean you up to exciting Clippers basketball as the Clippers wind down their regular season. Clippers taking on the Houston Nuggets as they fight for position in the Western Conference. Dodgers fighting today in our Nation's Capital with a six to five win over the Nationals. They finish off this road trip going two and four, but they get to ten wins now ten and four overall on this season. Dodgers back at it on Friday, and they start a three game home series against the Chicago Cubs. A six game homes and overall at the Ravine. Off night, DoD you talk tomorrow night, that too us some money though coming up next. So areybody stand that's just stay