Speaker 1: This is Dan Caplis and welcome to today's online podcast edition of The Dan Caplis Show. Please be sure to give us a five star rating if you'd be so kind, and to subscribe, download and listen to the show every single day on your favorite podcast platform.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the Dan Kaplis Show tonight.
Speaker 3: I'm Christy Burton Brown in for Dan since he is in trial, and we're going to get right to the phone lines as we start the show because the legislature is in their second to last day here at the Capitol, and I have State Representative Chris Richardson with me on the line. Welcome Representative Richardson to the Dan Kapla Show.
Speaker 4: Bike Christy, it's great to be here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thank you for stepping away for just a moment to join us.
Speaker 2: I know there's been.
Speaker 3: Some good and some bad things that have happened on one of these last final days. I especially wanted to ask you about the resolution that was going through the House to bring a lawsuit against Tabor.
Speaker 2: I think you have some news on that for us.
Speaker 4: Yes, actually this morning the sponsor of the measure actually announced publicly that it would not be here heard this year, so it is going to die on the calendar. It would have been so much more wonderful if we brought it to the floor and could vote it down. But we'll take any when we can get. I mean, TABOR has returned thirteen billion dollars to the taxpayers since it was voted and put into place by the people in nineteen ninety two. It is probably the most popular measure that we have seen it. Generally seventy percent of those polled are in favor of it. We don't really know what the other thirty percent are thinking about. The rest of us like to keep our own money and make our own decisions about how it's So it was a good day to see this die.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that is good. And for anyone who isn't to where exactly what the lawsuit was there was. It was a resolution because they kind of wanted to avoid the governor if the governor does support TABOR at least sometimes, and they wanted to pass a resolution ordering the legislature to file lawsuit against TABOR challenging its constitutionality even though it's in the state constitution, and a previous similar lawsuit challenging the federal constitutionality of our taxpayer's Bill of Rights already lost in court after a ten year saga, but yet some Democrats wanted to ring it back again. So Representative Richardson, that is definitely good news. Is there any other bills currently going through that you think people should should know about?
Speaker 4: Well, obviously, I think the one that most people are paying attention to is thirteen twelve. Yes, the trans rights bill that has come out of the Senate. Two Democrats did vote against it. They amended it very heavily. It's almost unrecognizable, but finally just as bad in other ways. That'll be coming to the floor shortly for us to determine as a house whether we'll accept the Senate amendments, go to conference, or demand that they returned to our original version.
Speaker 3: So, and because those amendments are new, Represent Richardson, I don't know that most people are aware of what the Senate did. I know that in committee they stripped out the portion of the bill that took would have taken away parents' custody they didn't want to allow their child to transition to transgender.
Speaker 2: But what did they add in on the Senate floor.
Speaker 4: They've replaced some sections of the bill with areas that allow people to change their gender on their licenses and identification papers multiple times, to make changes to marriages, marriage licenses, and civil union certificates, and replace that actual, permanent, historical recorded record with no indication that it was altered, essentially directing clerks to destroy original recorded documents and replace them with ones that have been altered. But this changes things like birth certificates, drivers licenses, I D. And this includes identification documents for what they term people that are not lawfully present essentially wow illegals. So it's another doubling down on sanctuary within in this bill. It is a tapestry, a bad tapestry they're leaving this year. Yes, that is those.
Speaker 3: And did I see right that they could change I'm sorry, did I see right? Did they get change the name up to three times on a driver's license or certificate?
Speaker 4: Yes, that is correct.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, with no.
Speaker 2: Push faction in the government, they just have to let them do it basically.
Speaker 4: Yes, after that they'd have to get court permission to do so. But wealthy asking those questions on the floor today is to why three? Why not five? Why not ten?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 4: They seem very random?
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, it doesn't seem like a permanent change.
Speaker 3: If you're like, oh, I'll change it again, and change it getting changed again. I mean, do you really know your identity if that's the reason you're changing it, and yet you want to do it that many times? It seems like it opens the door for criminals to hide their identity.
Speaker 4: Actually, yes, and particularly concerning on those that aren't here lawfully, so you get very specious documentation to start with, and then your name, name, and sex changes could make it very hard to track somebody that doesn't have a record of a presence in the US. But the three times change is kind of interesting when you pair this with thirteen oh nine, that was the bill that requires that gender affirming surgeries be covered freely in people's insurance. We tried to amend it to support those that realized that they had made an error and wanted to de transition that was not allowed. Now we have documentation that you can you can change to and from several times, and there's disconnects and even what they're doing. And you know, with thirty two hours left in this legislative session, gladly no more damage can be done. Midnight tomorrow. Okay, they're moving too fast to keep track. Of their own bad bills. I think at this point it.
Speaker 2: Sounds like it. Do you expect it to go very late tomorrow night in the session.
Speaker 4: I believe it will. There's too much that hasn't been addressed, and I believe the Majority Party will want to get through as much of their own bills as possible. Again, at least will not be dealing with a foolish attempt to overturn the people's desires in terms of the taxpayer bill rights. And I do want to thank everybody this listening that reached out to legislators and put pressure on them, on both on the Majority Party, to say, don't bring this. They certainly realized it was popular. We took every opportunity we could to ensure that the majority understood that trying to take away taber would be a third rail that they they've overstepped so much this year to start with, in terms of our rights of self defense, our second moment rights, pushing sort the illegal legally ahead of citizens of Colorado, in terms of how we're using our text dollars, stepping on printal rights initially and firmly with the original version of thirteen twelve, and they didn't get it this year, but it's a clear signal of the direction that they want to continue moving in as long as they hold the author.
Speaker 3: Absolutely no, and it's very, very frightening to see all the signals that come from them like, oh, well next year, we're going to do that. Just keep chipping away at it until they get more support to Gearritt of Tabor to eliminate parents. That's right to do so many of these things. So a representative Chris Richardson is who we're talking to you right now. He's about to go back to the floor and we have about a minute left with you. Are there any updates people should know about with the sanctuary state laws? I think the one specifically that would require local governments to completely not cooperate with ICE or else face of fifty dollars.
Speaker 4: Fine, yeah, that bill that come true? Is it only yesterday? I believe? Okay, wow, to continue arguing against and proposed changes that will go back to the Senate. There were some and they passed it today.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 4: So they accepted the amendments that were made, and again it isn't fortunate that hasn't been signed into law. But the sanctuary laws that are already on the books generated a lawsuit, yes again the state of Colorado, and this just doubles down what was already there. So I believe we are on a collision course with the federal government. I was not surprise if federal funding is withheld. We've been told as a state, all the states have been told that there are expectations of the federal government and that's not meant they will with old funding. And so going down this dangerous path in many directions, whether it support is the transgenderism, sanctuary, gun rights, these are all triggers that we've been told. With the results and the loss of federal funding we inserted in all those bills, are attempted to amend all those bills to be rendered in effective if they threatened federal dollars, those were all rejected, and federal dollars are what support are a good portion of the funding that goes into our highways, which are not in good shape to start with, in the medicaid which so many people rely on. So just placing ideology ahead of the people of Colorado is a came full and that's what's been happening. So I heard whispers of a special session if we do lose funding. I don't know if that will happen, but if federal funding is withheld, the legislature will have to come back trying to get a budget together this year with a one point two billion dollars short pull at the outset. If we lose them, up there another billion here or there.
Speaker 2: A yeah, well, thank you, I have to go to a break.
Speaker 3: But Representative Chris Richardson, thank you for giving us that important update on the day before the close of the session.
Speaker 2: Here on the Dan Tapla Show.
Speaker 5: And now back to the Dan Tamplass Show podcast.
Speaker 2: You're back to the Dan Taplas Show.
Speaker 3: I'm Christy Burton Brown and for Dan because he's in trial and the legislature still in session through tonight and then tomorrow until midnight. Then they have to be done unless they end up calling a special session. There's some rumors going around that they may call a special session dependent on what the federal government decides to do. There's some bills the federal government is considering dealing with Medicaid and Medicare, and then Colorado suggesting that if they lose federal spending or federal funds, they may go to a special session.
Speaker 2: To see how they can find more money.
Speaker 3: Good luck with that, since the state is already in a budget shortfall. Now, for anyone who on the liberal side of the aisle who loves to claim that the state just isn't getting enough money, here's what actually happened. The state just doesn't get the increase in spending that it wanted to get. It also put itself in a budget shortfall because when extra federal funds were pouring in, in part because of COVID, in part because of other reasons, they committed to long lasting programs that they did not have the full funding for, And now they're coming back and saying, oh, we can't fund everything we committed to. Yeah, that's kind of what happens when you don't budget according to the money you actually have and can project on the horizon. So for anyone on the liberal side the al who wants to complain, they just don't know how finances work. Also, of all the states, when we look at Medicaid and Medicare and some considerations the federal government is making, we see that Colorado is actually one of the worst states when it comes to medicaid fraud and medicaid waste. Congressman Gabe Evans has talked about this somewhat in some news hits that he's done on social media and expose that Colorado has been one of the top states committing waste and fraud. We just had Representative Chris Richardson, who's in his first year at the state legislature, on with us in the last segment, and he was talking about how it is highly likely that Colorado is going to lose some form of federal funding. If you look at collectively all the things that Colorado is doing basically to defy the Trump administration. And this is outside the category of medicaid waste and fraud, which is its own problem. But if you look at all the ways Colorado is basically saying to the Try administration, will do whatever we want, and by the way, please send us money, Like that's really not how it works. If you look at Phil Wiser, the attorney general, who really is just on his campaign for governor at this point, he's filed fifteen lawsuits already in the first hundred days of the Trump administration.
Speaker 2: It continues to file them.
Speaker 3: I don't know what he's actually doing on behalf of the state of Colorado. He's really running his own campaign in defiance to the Trump administration. You see both the city of Denver and this state of Colorado as a whole not only digging in their heels when it comes to being a sanctuary state. You know, while out of one side of their mouth they're like, oh, we're not a sanctuary state. But then in actual law and in actual new bills they propose they forbid all local governments and all law enforcement from cooperating with ICE or the Department of Homeland Security. Or according to the new bill that is I believe about to get passed, local governments would get fined fifty thousand dollars per time they decided to cooperate with ICE or the Department of Homeland Security, even if the cooperation was with a with ICE on a violent criminal or repeat fellon. Like, that's not even good enough for the state of Colorado. And yet Governor Polis wants to say, oh, we're not a sanctuary state, but they want to defy the Trump administration and say we're going to pass these.
Speaker 2: Laws send us money. Anyway.
Speaker 3: We've already seen the Trump administration cut I believe was twenty four million dollars to the city of Denver, because they are proudly a sanctuary city, continue to impose those policies despite the costs to their own citizens. And I think that's what's interesting that Representative Richardson pointed out that is true no matter what area you're looking at right now, where Colorado wants to defy the federal administration is they are not concerned with the well being of citizens in Colorado. I'm gonna get to some statistics later on in this show where I show you exactly how Colorado has fallen in all of the important standings that people actually care about when they try and make a state their home, whether we're talking about the ability to own a house, whether we're talking about the job market, whether talking about the basic cost of living like buying your groceries or the price of gas, where we're talking about how safe a state is, how much crime is committed in different cities. We've seen Colorado across the years fall in all of these categories, and yet instead of trying to change life in the right ways for their citizens, we see the leaders of Colorado being like, you know what, We're going to go to war against the Trump administration. Who cares if that takes money away from our citizens. We want to fund illegal immigrants, We want to give them money to have housing here in Colorado. And if that makes the federal government take money away from our citizens, we don't care because we just want to defy them that badly.
Speaker 2: Like that's literally what's.
Speaker 3: Going on right now, and we will see how far the federal government wants to push it.
Speaker 2: I know they do have Colorado on their radar.
Speaker 3: We all saw that late last week when the White House announced that they were suing the state of Colorado Governor Polis for being a sanctuary state. I of course thought it was kind of funny that one of the only responses in the media from Colorado was, well, we actually aren't a sanctuary state. I'm pretty sure the Trump administration can see the bills going through your legislature. I'm pretty sure they can read the statutes that are on the books and see that we are one of the only states that forbids all law enforcement from cooperating with ICE, and if they decide to cooperate with ICE, they will be stripped from participation in the state data system. This data system Colorado drives is what it's called. That's what law enforcement officers use when they pull people over and check their driver's license. So they basically set it up where you cannot operate as a law enforcement agency in the state of Colorado unless you sign an agreement to not cooperate with ice whatsoever.
Speaker 2: But we're not a sanctuary state.
Speaker 3: And that's just one of three laws that have already been passed, in addition to this fourth one that is almost certainly going to pass as well. I think it remains to be seen why their governor Polls is actually going to sign it, especially in the middle of this lawsuit. This would just cement the fact that Colorado is a sanctuary state. So I'm actually very interested to see if he ends up signing the bill or not. If you have thoughts or if there are any bills that you want to know what's happening to them at the last minute in the legislature today and tomorrow, you can call into the show. We can talk about any bill you want to talk about. You can also text a question. I can probably get you an answer because I'm following a lot of these bills myself in my work with Advanced Colorado and just because I'm a political nerd.
Speaker 2: So I follow these bills for fun, but you can.
Speaker 3: Call anytime eight five to five for zero five eight two five five. You can also text Dan to five seven seven three nine. I see that we did get a couple texts on what represented Richardson and I were talking about in the last.
Speaker 2: Segment the bill thirteen twelve.
Speaker 3: How that bill was completely reworked in the Senate to now allow people to change their name up to three times on official documents, whether it be marriage certificates, birth certificates, driver's licenses. They specifically put a provision for illegal immigrants to do that. A couple of people texting in saying, well, you can change names, but if you're arrested, you can't change fingerprints. Does this direct CBI to delete criminal history? I don't think it does, but that's one of the problems. How do you match up who you're actually looking for If you're police, going after a criminal makes it so much easier for criminals to conceal their identity.
Speaker 2: That is a huge problem. I'm Christy Burton Brown.
Speaker 3: You're here on the Dan Kapli show, calling over the break eight five five four zero five eight two five five. When we come back, we'll talk about Tina Peters and Donald Trump's trying to insert himself in that case.
Speaker 5: You're listening to the Dan Kaplis Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to The Dan Kaplich Show.
Speaker 3: Out of Christy Burton Brown, I agree with a Texter who just sent in a message saying it would be interesting to see what happens if Trump would offer to reimburse any fifty thousand dollars fines for helping ICE. We were talking about this bill that's still making its way through the Colorida legislature in the final two days of session ends tomorrow at midnight or sooner if the Dems decide they're done before then. But this bill would basically extend to Colorado sanctuary state status to all local governments, go beyond even law enforcement, who already has to comply according to the state. But say, if any member of a local government helps ICE or the Department of Homeland Security, they can be fined fifty thousand dollars per incident. No exceptions exist in this law in the latest version I've seen. So even if you think, well, you know what, maybe when we're dealing with this violent criminal over here, we should maybe go ahead and help out Ice. Oh, you know, there's this repeat fellon over here. Let's go ahead and contact the Department of Homeland Security and give them the information they want. You do that as a local government official, member the judicial branch, a probation officer in Colorado. According to this bill, if it passes, you be fined fifty thousand dollars. So good point. What would the Trump administration do if this passes? Will they take care of that fine and go ahead and try and compel local governments or encourage them the ones that want to cooperate anyway, to go ahead and cooperate.
Speaker 2: I'm really not sure.
Speaker 3: I think they're going to just lean into the lawsuits that they are filing against the state of Colorado, which is specifically suing Colorado for being a sanctuary state the laws we already have on the books, and basically saying that Coloridle's laws are prev and taking the federal government from doing their job and keeping the nation safe when it comes to illegal immigration and crime and drug trafficking issues in particular.
Speaker 2: I don't know, to be.
Speaker 3: Honest with you, that I think the lawsuit is going to be successful, because you know, there's already been court cases saying the federal government cannot compel states to help them with a federal job or to do basically the federal government's job. So it's definitely a different take on it to say, well, kind of state actually passed laws to prevent the federal government from doing its own job? And can they get in the way, stand in the path, so to speak, of the federal government trying to do its duty to the nation, especially when those duties that the federal government has to keep the nation safe from illegal immigrants. In many ways, it's sort of like an interstate commerce issue. Well that is actually nothing to do with commerce. It's interstate lines. Like you see these illegal immigrants who are criminals crossing state lines, leaving one state, going to another, and in many cases event all over the news killing someone in the second or third state that they travel to. So I think that would be the federal government's argument is that the state of Colorado is preventing them from keeping people safe because Colorado is harboring these criminals and then they can move on to other states, and then those citizens who maybe they're law enforcement wants to cooperate, but they're not tipped off to who these people are, and so do there's a federal government, and then citizens all across the US are less safe. I don't know where that would go to it. It's a kind of a novel theory in my opinion. I haven't read every single word of their arguments, but it's definitely a different take on something the Court in the past has said. You know, you can't compel states to do a federal job, but can a state purposely act to get in the way of the federal government from completing its duty to the rest of citizens across the nation.
Speaker 2: I don't know. We'll see what happens in the near future.
Speaker 3: We can definitely talk more about that bill or other immigration issues. If you're interested, you call in anytime eight five five four zero five eight two five five, or text your thoughts to five seven seven three nine start them with dan.
Speaker 2: Oh, such a nice text. Thank you.
Speaker 3: Someone said that I am their favorite Colorado GOP chair ever. That's so nice.
Speaker 2: Thank you for listening today. And I actually want to talk about.
Speaker 3: An issue that came up originally when I was chairman, and this is Tina Peters. A lot of you are probably familiar with Trump's post on social media saying that the state of Colorado should stop holding Tina Peters hostage.
Speaker 2: I believe that is the word that he used.
Speaker 3: He always loves to use, you know, big extreme words, part of the reason people like him. But sometimes they just don't really.
Speaker 5: Apply a lot of randomly capitalized words too.
Speaker 3: Yes, I'm not sure that he, you know, ever needed English grammar to be successful. Clearly he found a path through regardless. But I grew with part of a statement, though, So let's actually go through it, he says. Radical left Colorado Attorney General Phil Wiser ignores illegals committing violent crimes like rape and murder in his state. Well, we know that's true, and instead jailed Tina Peters.
Speaker 2: Now, okay, i'mnna stop right here.
Speaker 3: Actually it wasn't Phil Wiser who prosecuted Tina Peters. It was a local Republican district attorney. So we will clear that up a little bit, all right. Jail Tina Peters, a sixty nine year old gold star mother who worked to expose and document Democrat election fraud. Okay, also true, that was her stated goal. That's what she thought she was looking for. I will say, because again I was chairman when a lot of this happened, there were other clerks who were also interested in making sure there was not fraud, or if there was fraud, to expose it. They used legal means at their disposal to figure it out instead of illegal means, which is what Tina Peters did. Donald Trump continues, Tina is an innocent political prisoner being horribly and unjustly punished in the form of cruel and unusual punishment. The more random capitalization for that phrase, cruel and unusual punishment. This is a communist persecution by the radical left Democrats to cover up their election crimes and misdeeds in twenty twenty. Now I'll interject here to say again, while I understand the sentiment there, it was not a Democrat prosecutor, and she was sentenced by a judge in a very conservative area of Colorado, her home county.
Speaker 2: Of Mesa County. So this was actually not the.
Speaker 3: Democrats and communists going after her in this situation. They certainly do go after a lot of people, but that wasn't the case here. And then President Trump continues, the same Democrat party that flies to El Salvador to try to free an MS thirteen terrorists is cruely imprisoning perhaps for life, it was actually nine years, not life, but a grandmother who's brave and heroic son gave his life for America. Colorado must end this unjust incarceration of itness an American. I'm hereby directing the Department of Justice to take all necessary action to help secure the release of this hostage being held in the Colorado prison by the Democrats for political reasons.
Speaker 2: Free Tina Peters.
Speaker 5: Now, So that.
Speaker 3: Is a very long, extensive message by President Trump advocating for Tina Peters. This is something a Congresswoman, Lauren Bobert actually reached out to FBI Director Cash Patel to ask him to do this. This is something a number of people have really put pressure on the Trump administration to do. But and the reality is that the federal government actually has zero say over what happens to Tina Peters. Like DOOJ can certainly investigate whatever they want to if they thought it was a corrupt prosecution, I of course don't think that it was. They can investigate that. But she was imprisoned for a state level crime. Only the state actually has a say over that. And I think there's a huge difference in two issues at play. Okay, there's one issue of do you think Tina Peters was guilty? I made a statement when I was chairman that she shouldn't be running for a Secretary of State because she was charged with felonies and crimes ended up she ended up being convicted of them. So one question is is she guilty? Did she maybe attempt to do a good thing the wrong way? And in my view, you should not encourage those kind of actions. We need to do the right things the right way, because I know of other people who did things the right way instead of breaking the law to get the data that was necessary. The separate question is was her sentence too long? Is it unjust to imprison someone who obtained and released data in an illegal fashion for nine years when violent criminals in Colorado get off with far less of a sentence. I mean, we saw a very well known case and Aurora of a sex offender who would target illegal immigrants. I'm sorry, they weren't illegal, just immigrants. He would target immigrant homes, pretend to be an ICE agent checking up on them, sexually assault the women and children in the home. He was sentenced to twenty years, got out after serving only eight years. Released by Jared Poulse's parole board went back into the exact same thing to a seven year old girl within a couple weeks. So someone like that only serves eight years and TEENA Peter sentenced to nine. So that is where I actually grew with President Trump. The sentence is excessive when you compare the sentences that violent and repeat criminals get here in Colorado. What I disagree with is the insinuation that everything she did was completely right and above board, like it wasn't and it wasn't Democrats prosecuting her. That's just not the fact. Now, one other point I'll make it, then we do have to take a break. I read through a congresswomen Lauren Bobert's letter to the FBI trying to get Tina Peters released. She did make a very good point that Secretary of State Jenna Griswold has not gotten in actual trouble at all for the release of voting system passwords on the internet, because you know she can just do that with nothing, nothing happening to her. And now Tina Peters's actions were intentional. I think Jenna Griswold is highly incompetent. No one has really said that her release of the passwords were intentional. So sometimes that is a difference in law incompetent actions and intentional actions. But we can talk more about this. I see people are texting in. You can give your comments as well. Five seven, seven, three nine, starting with Dan or call in eight five five four zero five eight two five five.
Speaker 2: I'm Christy Burton Brown. You're on the Dan Capla Show.
Speaker 5: And now back to the Dan Kaplas Show podcast.
Speaker 3: All right, let's go to the text line. Lots of people said again their thoughts. I'm Christy Burton Brown, You're on the Dan Kapliss Show. We were just talking about Tina Peters and Jenna Griswolds, Like, what's what's the relationship. What's the difference between the actions that they took in elections? Tanna Peters knowingly intentionally discovering and releasing data that she was for, would you say, prohibited from releasing according to the law, So I mean she intentionally did what she did. Jenner Griswoll did allow passwords to be exposed on the Secretary of State's website that could have influenced and affected elections. Of course, they claim, according to their audits, said it didn't. But the question from this Texter, could the DOJ go after Secretary of State Jenna Grizwol for what she did?
Speaker 2: She was reckless?
Speaker 3: Also, the Department of Justice can investigate people for reckless actions. They can do that here. I think, and I'm no defender or fan of Jenna Grizswoll. I think she's highly incomptent. Don't want her as Attorney General. I think that would be a disaster for Colorado. Of course, not only do I disagree with her politically, but I just don't think people who are completely incompetent should be in state office. It makes all of our jobs Harderney General.
Speaker 2: Who's that Ryan?
Speaker 5: Somebody with the initials Christy Burton Brown.
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, you are very kind, not serious.
Speaker 5: I'm not joking.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you, that's very nice qualified.
Speaker 5: You're far more qualified than she is.
Speaker 2: Well, you're very nicely, I'm.
Speaker 5: Not very correct, but you're welcome.
Speaker 3: But here's what I think is an issue when we talk about tech things. No question, when someone intentionally uses tech to violate the law, they should be treated like anyone else who intentionally violates the law. But when you are incompetent with technology, you allow passwords to be exposed. You don't do proper audits. You create a program with an algorithm that does something a little bit different than you meant it to do, and should you have known it did that? There are so many issues with like, let's take the use of AI today. There are a lot of people using technology that are not competent in its use, uh, and I think you have to be able to show a difference in complete recklessness and incompetence. There's also delegation when it comes to a lot of technology. So was Jenna Griswold herself personally the one that put those passwords on the website? Or was that something that someone on her staff did through incompetence. To my understanding that that's actually how it happened, it wasn't her personally, And so a lot of times the DJ isn't going to go after someone when there's not a clearly traceable line to an intentional action that that person did, just because there's so many things they investigate, they typically aren't going to go after something that's that layered. And so I think there's just so many problems too when we talk about tech, and the government has a huge misunderstanding when it comes to AI, when it comes to tech, when it comes to developers. You see that actually through one of the bills going through the state legislature right now that is trying to penalize developers for programs they create that have an effect that the state doesn't prefer when it comes to certain discriminatory impact. It's kind of just a disaster unfortunately when government gets involved with tech because they do not elect tech experts. We are in a technological driven world to so many innovations that government does not understand, and when they try to get their hands in it, they often mess up. And this is why I think with someone like Jenner Griswold should be doing, and what the state law should require is that the state government and Secretary State's Office actually has to use technology experts, not political people to do these kind of jobs. I think they need to have the right kind of audits in place, the right kind of technology experts in place, because otherwise you see political government people attempting to do tech jobs that they're completely unqualified to do. And then I haven't investigated in myself, so I don't know if it's INCOMPETENTI or recklessness.
Speaker 2: In this scenario.
Speaker 3: But the problem is that government as a whole has a big open door to hackers, to tech mishaps because they flat out don't know what they're doing and they're not hiring the experts to inform them of what they need to do. So and I just went on a rabbit trail there and love the variant, but I have a big problem with the big holes that government has when it comes to technology and all the things that we've opened ourselves up to being hacked and our systems not being safe because government just refuses to put the actual experts there.
Speaker 2: So that's one of the issues that I have with that.
Speaker 3: Let's go to some other texts saying, the trucker that killed four people on I seventy got his sentence reduced to ten years by Polis, and Peters got nine. Yes, perfect illustration. Criminals get off easy in Colorado, and yet we want to stick to nine years for TEENA Peters. I am no fan of Tina Peters. I don't think she did the right thing. I think it's possible to expose fraud in legal ways, she didn't take that path, But nine years I think is highly excessive, especially when there is no proof she actually altered the outcome of an election. So again, I think a very different question. Do you think she's guilty and do you think the sentence was excessive? Someone else saying nine years for TEENA Peters could be a life sentence. Well, well, true, but usually the age of a criminal defendant isn't considered when they're given a sentence. It's not like, oh, if you're seventy years old when you commit a crime, will only give you five years, But for your twenty we'll give you twenty years. Like that's actually not how sentences work. There's a certain sentence for our crime, and it's not based on your own age. Okay, A lot of you have opinions Tina Peters broke the law, knowingly broke the law.
Speaker 2: She deserves what she got.
Speaker 3: Someone else saying, I agree with Donald Trump that she's a political prisoner being held in the fascist state of Colorado. Definitely some differing opinions on Tina Peters. I think it would be a lot cleaner case if we would say, as conservatives, if we want to expose fraud, if we want to expose waste, like, let's look beyond election integrity. Let's look at many levels of our government. There are legal ways to do it. Does it take a little longer sometimes? Do we have to jump through a few more hoops? Yes, but we also can keep everyone on our side while we do it. Instead of saying, oh, it's worth it to break laws and sit in prison, I don't actually think that's worth it. And what's the likelihood that Jared pols is actually going to reduce Jenna Griswold's or sorry not jenifersol Tina Peters sentence and give her any sort of commutation. I don't think by Donald Trump pushing on him to do it that that makes it more likely for him to do it.
Speaker 2: So we'll see what happens.
Speaker 3: Appreciate all of you text again, you can send more thoughts five seven, seven three nine's start it with Dan.
Speaker 2: I will read them. Answer your questions.
Speaker 3: Did you have any You can also call in eight five five four zero five eight two five five. I have decided that some of the most annoying words I ever hear from congressmen or women is reclaiming my time, reclaiming my time. I don't know how many of you listen to Christy Nomes's testimony in front of Congress, testifying as a member of President Trump's cabinet. So many of the Democrat congressmen wanted to force her into one word answers because they don't like it when we get time to explain what we're actually doing. And every time christyom would say anything other than yes or no, which she practically never said, they would say, reclaiming my time, reclaiming my time, I.
Speaker 2: Am not going to allow you to filibuster.
Speaker 3: Well, do you actually want to answer to your question or do you want time to give a speech for your next campaign. That's actually what they're doing. We'll get into a little bit of the actual discussions shocked about posibly shutting dow, FEMA and a few other things that are pretty interesting. We'll get to that on the next segment of the dan CAPLA Show. I'm Christy Burton Brown. You're on the dan CAPLA Show, calling over the break eight five five four zero five eight two five five