Speaker 1: Juicing your moves. Hot gods, come stay on top in the woot shovel. Tommy Cruz, you know him, you love him? Little guy Tommy Cruz put a video out on the internet or say, would you guys.
Speaker 2: Like to hear it? Please? Hell? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Man. Now keep in mind he said he'd been eating twelve eggs a day or something before.
Speaker 3: Is everyone on May twenty second? I'm coming to the Great State of Texas, and I'll be visiting Fort Sam Houston in San Antonio before stopping by some theaters to see you with some of the first screenings of Mission Impossible the Final Reckoning. Then we're gonna fly to Dallas, where I'm gonna get some delicious barbecue before going to more theaters to say hello and I can't wait.
Speaker 2: We'll see at the movies.
Speaker 1: Wait, he's going to the movies and where's he going?
Speaker 4: Then I think it's more generic to say he's going to get some delicious barbecue and not say where he's going.
Speaker 2: Rightly, he just knows Texas is known for barbecue. I'm gonna look at some cows, but I have heard that he is going to do pop ups at different theaters. Okay, cool, that's cool. So he is all about like, let's try to get everyone back to movie theaters. And I love the fact that he was supporting the movie centers even though he didn't have a vested interest. But it does make sense that he would support centers because he needs people back in the theaters to go watch his big grand finale of this theory of this entire series Mission Impossible. But that is I mean you a lot of actors wouldn't hustle that hard, right, Hey, we need you to go to all these different cities, just pop up at all these theaters and they would be like, dude, what I'm not doing that?
Speaker 4: And do you know why I more than anything is if you look at the types of movies that he makes, they are gigantic budget movies. And if you're going to make a gigantic budget movie, it needs box office. Yeah, those things are now, it's not just gonna be HBO and Netflix, Like, I, what is the what is the budget on the latest Mission Impossible?
Speaker 2: Has anybody seen? Let's see here?
Speaker 4: And when you look that budget up, it won't even include the marketing budget. It's just gonna be whatever cost to shoot it.
Speaker 2: And there are some movies. Look, I think any movie would be better to see in a theater than it will be at your house. But there are some movies where, oh my god, it's an experience if you go to the theaters and it's a giant screen and Dolby Surround sound, and it's like, I mean, that is badass. It's it's it's fun. Yeah, And so this type of movie is perfect for that four hundred million dollars.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, my go.
Speaker 4: They're they're not gonna studios aren't gonna dole out four hundred million dollars for the production budget if it's not going to get a studio run.
Speaker 1: Centers is two hundred and fifty million. Yeah, so that's still a big one. What as much Barbie was because the talk is that Mission impossible? And the live action remake of Lelo and Stitchable top what Barbie and Oppenheim's is that right? Because they're I'm out the same weekend, So I.
Speaker 4: Wonder what how many what was what is this season of I'll just I'll just ask any what was the budget for season one of Game of Thrones?
Speaker 2: Oh that's a good question.
Speaker 4: Compared to Okay, season one of Game of Thrones costs reportedly, we'll we'll put it on the high end five to ten million to produce, while the first season is budget was estimated at fifty to sixty million, So an entire season of the ten episodes or right cost fifty to sixty million. One two hour mission Impossible costs four hundred million to make. They need those types of movies are gonna need and dude, the business world like we need theater and exhibition and we need that to keep cranking.
Speaker 2: Right, And he's probably, unlike a lot of actors, he probably owns a huge piece of it. Right. Oh yeah, So it's that's all the more reason why he'd be out there hustling, hick. It's going showing up at theaters because if you think, hey, I do want to see this movie, and there's a chance Tom Cruise is just gonna randomly pop up the theater, why not. Yeah, And you guys remember the audio from the Pandemic when he freaked on the person that wasn't that was on set not wearing the proper protocol. Because to Ben's point, because he has such a high ownership stake in it, it's more than just a movie to him.
Speaker 1: Okay, so hold on, though he can't say that he's gonna be showing up at eight thirty. I'll be at the album of that.
Speaker 2: No, it's a lottery, and he just can't No, it's a lottery. So he's he's infusing energy into the entire Dallas movie theater community. It's not gonna make or break whether you go, but it's an enhanced and so if you're on the fence about not one to go, if you think Tom Cruise may pop up there, that'd be a pretty cool incentive to go, I guess you know. And dude, by the way, he's sixty two. He looks forty two.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he does.
Speaker 2: Is it creeping you out? Because I've seen a lot of dialogue talking about it. People are like, I saw some expert plastic surgeon going okay to me, it doesn't look like he's had any work done, And I was like, it doesn't look like he's plastic. But it's it's odd how he looks so young. I can't put a finger on. I can't tell what it is.
Speaker 1: Rob Low claims that he has never had any surgery done and it's all facial cream. Oh, and he's he is diabolical about his facial his.
Speaker 2: Skin cream routine, about the release.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's tough.
Speaker 4: There are definitely people that have amazing aging geens.
Speaker 2: Do you guys remember George Hamilton? Remember had been Oh yeah, from the Hamilton movie Hamilton.
Speaker 4: He was now in our day and age. He actually was in a movie called Zorro the Gay Blade. He was in a vampire movie. He was he played the concierge and Godfather three.
Speaker 1: Here God, he is not looking great right now.
Speaker 4: Well, he's probably ninety right now, eighty five. You remember George Hamilton, he's had a fall when ye when he was in when he was in his sixties, he looked like he was thirty five.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know some people aged that way, right, WHOA? And I don't you know he's he's one of those guys, Tom Cruise. He's got so much money. He's probably got like a forty person staff keeping him perfectly tanned, in shape, and you know, eating every meal, spraying it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, he's got forty other scientologists let him at all time.
Speaker 2: Maybe I don't. I don't hear much about his scientology anymore, do you guys? Is he still hardcore? Like driving the boat with.
Speaker 1: L ron Oh, the topic of scientology has died down over the last ten years.
Speaker 4: Everybody just got sick of that gal that was on that sitcom Remedy.
Speaker 2: Whatever her name is.
Speaker 4: They're like, all right, I get it, but no, there's no way he's out of scientology. Once you're that far into the colt. I'm pretty sure he was like the second in command, the second higest guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 4: Him, and then and then when John Travolta became box office poison again, they relegated him.
Speaker 1: Will he have one bite of barbecue?
Speaker 2: I don't think he can. I think he's like Dirk. You know, when Dirk was staying in perfect shape and bringing a hot plate. He may bring his own foot to the barbecue.
Speaker 4: He'll let them carry his plate of eggs to a barbecue restaurant.
Speaker 1: He probably just takes a shot from his blood boy and that's his proteins.
Speaker 2: Yeah, got the staff of blood boys.
Speaker 1: He doesn't need to do anything. Well, he'll be in town. It's very exciting. The movie is a good quick two hours and fifty minutes.
Speaker 2: Honestly, it is the culmination of the whole thing.
Speaker 1: I think it's feels like it's two movies put back to back.
Speaker 2: It maybe it is, and maybe it should have been two movies put back to back, but again it's it's a it's gonna be a lot to unpack emotionally, to summarize that entire because how many of those mission possibles have there been? And dude, it is eight. It's to me, it's like it's it's like Jason Bourne or one of those. To me, it's superior to like A Fast and Furious or something like that. Of course, it's action film, it's formulaic and all that, but there's some depth to it. I man, I just I'm a Tom Cruise guy, probably biased.
Speaker 4: Is it as good as when Steve Carell did Get Smart.
Speaker 2: That didn't work out?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 2: Did it?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I don't think I saw that. I know I didn't see it.
Speaker 4: We're just rebooting old TV shows from the sixties.
Speaker 1: Uh, someone did Pink Panther and it was awful too.
Speaker 2: Oh Steve Martin, Right?
Speaker 1: Was it Leslie Nielsen?
Speaker 2: Was Steve Martin?
Speaker 4: I think it was Steve Martin Martin because he because everybody loved Peter Sellers.
Speaker 2: All right, there you have it, Tom Cruise coming to Dallas, Fort Worth Coming up next, No way, we're doing a star story. You don't want to miss that. Next