Speaker 1: Fluid Fluent Dorg.
Speaker 2: Welcome to Fluent Fiction Mandarin Chinese, the podcast where we bring you bilingual stories to supercharge your listening comprehension. In each episode, we'll present a short story in both English and Mandarin Chinese with the aim of helping you to improve your listening comprehension.
Speaker 1: In this episode, will follow May's cheerful journey from voting booths to festival foods, uncovering that the path to Jowsey is filled with laughter, friendship, and a dash of impulsive adventures.
Speaker 3: Right after this commercial break, at Fluent Fiction, we're not just telling stories. We're bringing the world together by learning to understand each other. By subscribing to Fluent Fiction Plus. At plus dot fluentfiction dot org, you do more than just remove ads. You support a platform bridging global language differences, one story at a time. Your subscription not only guarantees you an uninterrupted narrative, it also sustains our mission to bring stories in diverse languages to everyone. It's simple. Visit plus dot Fluentfiction dot org and become a plus subscriber today. When you do, you become a champion for global language learning and enjoy an ad free experience, So please join us at plus dot fluentfiction dot org. Let's transform the way we experience the power of stories your journey awaits at plus dot fluentfiction dot org. Together we can keep the world's stories flowing.
Speaker 4: Made zinpientupiks Tatinshu Hopeyo Junsi yomen fautz tayluspauja la junsu san Yo don't see Handa yen Handur Sanghanguaje twenty in the jung Shi taiti in fum kyo ya may Humu se Jo sidad Jaman fadidias Dan Taiji Kanda Jian Topayo, the Boji Kaman lud Jianger then Shiga jianjer Kandam schu Jiangwa Ishizo Shantien Si Niaha Singhwa Yoshima Kliban Nindama Vatin sho jili Omien Fadija may man sin ti dad the sho enwewa Iya Nai Sindyashi jelishi Topya, dumsing women maio yas Buga. Where may you team intied hodo in ki Kangka may i kaishibuy and san sin tatis su saiding leaves schu darting Hashito suhan buton the jianger made tatoshiva Ugue maitu and Ishida Taijinga wu Huela jim Dan Taijuan Bili Kayshi Tatin daygishan yin buru la Tanza woman the timing dear hoodun Ba Sheleen tayohad Yao tim Eiti tanzya mayzo chu Tokyo junsin gyen kandar wa mean yo ighity y Ho. Dog German said, I should say chi ji jiaot then waiting so on you cry, may the do the gogu dya tabohaw is the sailor yeah igalit hokiled upon your tenda maizo DaShan Jaoho quite like mah Womeo Jiaotzer may jar Rula tamen chi jamee wade the jaotzer Ulien Khitiayi day sa so ya i kashi shigar wu Hue Danta faisie Yoshi shuting Bisan sand gung Yochi dingle Dentia may mean by tayo doo Jui sis buzanda matung dong tatuguamen made easily may jun Yu chang Dara taka wand the jiaot.
Speaker 1: Huqua. Let's take another listen. Listen closely to any parts you may have missed.
Speaker 4: May jingpien tu bi kai sin tatin shu Toyo junsi yo mien fe de Jo.
Speaker 1: May was especially happy today because she heard there were free jousy at the voting center.
Speaker 4: Taylu sa paoja Laeda Topo jun su sananju yen zing do qua guang La.
Speaker 1: She jogged all the way there, envisioning the steaming dumplings, her eyes practically sparkling.
Speaker 4: Topa jun sie Honda Jehundo.
Speaker 1: The voting center was large and crowded.
Speaker 4: San janguaj tuntien jung shi tai ti yingfun pio ya.
Speaker 1: Spring decorations hung on the walls, and colorful flags fluttered in the wind. May huangu si ju s da de jaum mien Fei. May looked around eagerly searching for the free jousy.
Speaker 4: Danta chi khanda hope ya j manlu the genjiu.
Speaker 1: But all she could see were signs directing people to vote and busy volunteers.
Speaker 4: Lien Shiji yen Jiu can da Masu Giano yeshitzo Hantien s.
Speaker 1: Leanne. A volunteer noticed me looking around and approached her. Nieha sin makreem. Hello, is there anything I can help you with? She asked.
Speaker 4: Wull hin shu jiliu mien fe mai man sincida de shour.
Speaker 1: I heard there are free jousy here, May said expectantly.
Speaker 4: Lin Wee wai yah nay sindh jilli shi hope yo Junsi woman Meo Da.
Speaker 1: Smiled slightly and explained patiently, this is the voting center. We don't have jiaouzi bugur.
Speaker 4: Why mio ti min tie de hu donnhi you can cut.
Speaker 1: However, there is a ching Ming festival event outside that you might want to check out.
Speaker 4: Maye kaishu buya sensu.
Speaker 1: At first, they didn't want to believe it.
Speaker 4: Tatsi Shu said, dat in li su Chu da hing hashiitu Suu and putun de chien Ju.
Speaker 1: She continued asking around in the hall, trying to inquire with different volunteers me Tado shuah Gui. Each time she left disappointed.
Speaker 4: Matuhi Da tajin do Huela.
Speaker 1: May suddenly realized she had truly misunderstood the situation.
Speaker 4: Jim Danta Jumbili Kaishi tatin da yshen ye buru las hansa woman the tinging ti ho Donba.
Speaker 1: Just as she was about to leave, she heard a voice, why not join our ching ming festival event.
Speaker 4: Chilian tayoha the yao ti me ti Tanzya.
Speaker 1: It was Leanne who kindly invited me to join.
Speaker 4: Maiso truth hop yo junsiu gen kandal what mean ye yehu do?
Speaker 1: May stepped out of the voting center and sure enough saw a festival event outside.
Speaker 4: Jim and said, shusha chiao the lay ting song Qua.
Speaker 1: People were enjoying jiaozi under big trees, and the atmosphere was relaxed and joyful.
Speaker 4: May the doguya tau hays de Shela.
Speaker 1: May's stomach growled and she smiled sheepishly.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yugalyete hopo da ponyo canda maiso la DaShan jaohu kila May will miu Tiaotze.
Speaker 1: Lean a friend who had come to vote, saw me approaching and called out loudly, come over here, May we have jousi.
Speaker 4: May jau la tama chi jamee we.
Speaker 1: Yi dasa, May join them eating delicious jousy and laughing with Leen and Jiene.
Speaker 4: Sye kashi shigah dan tafai sie yoshi shi timbis.
Speaker 1: Although it started as a misunderstanding, she found that sometimes things turned out more fun than expected.
Speaker 4: Jingo jintie may mean by tayo do jui si ty buzen machundo.
Speaker 1: After today, may learn the importance of paying attention to details and not being so impulsive.
Speaker 4: Ze chung gu mi me de zili may juku yeah yesh u quite the shuqua.
Speaker 1: On such a sunny spring day, May finally enjoyed the jowsy she craved and had a delightful time.
Speaker 2: Today's vocabulary words are coming up right after this commercial break. Here are today's vocabulary words, first in Mandarin Chinese, then in English.
Speaker 4: pH be it, pooh be it, poh be it especially mean, fada mean, fey, the mean, fada free, sell, pal, sell pal, sell pal, jogged, sansan ja san san je, sansan je, envisioning Jian tang da Chiu, tang tang da, Chiu tang tang da, steaming, Jianhandua janhandur jenhanda, crowded Juan ship, Juan ship, jung ship, decorations, pio yah piere yah ya ya fluttered je jeejee directing chi yan jiu che yen Jeu chi yan Jeu. Volunteers Shushantien su Sooshantien su Sooshantien Su approached. Manzin Sibaida, man Sin Sibaida, Manzin Sibaida expectantly way way out way way is sea way way.
Speaker 1: Is sou smiled slightly. Zah ship yeah ship sea ship.
Speaker 4: Explained nic sinda nice, Sinda nice, Sinda.
Speaker 1: Patiently Why mean why yeah? Why mere outside see sEH sEH festival. Shoe are okay? Shoe are okay? Shoe are okuy? Disappointed?
Speaker 3: Ye?
Speaker 4: Should that? Ye? Should that? Ye?
Speaker 1: Should that realized? Ooh what ooh what ooh what misunderstood yo? How that yo? How that yo? How that kindly King so King so king so relaxed cou guta cuckoo yeah google yea growled boo, how ye see that boo? How ye sud boo, how ye see that sheepishly that shill, that shill, that shill loudly, May way that may way, the may way the delicious So yeah say yeah, so yeah. Although chug don chug do chug don impulsive Nian menh nim menh nian men Sonny you cut, you cut, you cut delightful.
Speaker 2: We hope you've enjoyed this episode of Fluent Fiction Mandarin Chinese. Our team works tirelessly to bring you high quality, engaging content that will help you to reach your goals, but we can't do it alone. Your support is crucial in keeping our doors open and our content flowing. Please consider becoming a premium subscriber today. You'll get more stories, no ads, custom episode requests and more. Visit www dot fluentfiction dot org Premium Mandarin Chinese. Thanks for listening, and now a final word from our sponsors