Speaker 1: Hello, and welcome to Quiz Quiz Bang Bang, the pub quiz practice share that hits your pow right in the quizzer. I'm David Flora.
Speaker 2: And I'm Anny Flora, and we're here to teach you more about trivia than Captain Hastings guesses things wrong and murders. My teacup has a Hercule par ro on it, and I didn't think of anything earlier.
Speaker 1: So instant inspiration, inspiration, Annie, we are on too. I believe this is game six of the twenty twenty five natur Tournament.
Speaker 2: People know what's up.
Speaker 1: There, Yes, the self fulfilling prophecy that is our own tournament, you know, the one that we were supposed to get all done in six months. Ready here, So all that aside, we have two great teens joining us today.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's very exciting.
Speaker 1: Let's meet them. We'll go ahead and jump on in. First up, we have Amy and Matt. Hello. Let us hear from Matt. First, Matt, this is your first time on quiz Quiz it is tell us a little bit about yourself.
Speaker 3: My name's Matt Wilkes. I live in Sacramento, California, and I work at Micron, which probably explains my zoom chat background and everything. But yes, I've known Amy and I I've known Amy four Oh my god. We just got past our six year anniversary. Yes, I think I think one more year. We're legally married, so I need to tell that to my wife. Yes, yeah, we met playing trivia during COVID that she was doing online trivia and we hit office friends and we've been doing stuff ever since.
Speaker 1: Awesome like that. You just got past your six years. If it was a struggle, exactly.
Speaker 4: It's a marathon, not a sprint.
Speaker 1: Let's see if we can keep this going. Well, welcome Matt. We're glad to have you. And Amy joins us once again.
Speaker 4: I'm back.
Speaker 1: You know her from Clever Girl Trivia. Amy, tell us what's been going on with you?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 4: Man, Well, I just keep Clever Girl in. I've got a couple of recurring in person trivia's in La still the one that I've been going with the longest at this point, at the Venice West in Venice is every other Tuesday now well, the first and third Tuesday of the month, and then I'm doing a newer once a month Monday night trivia at a deli. Oh here in La an institution Factors famous deli. It's been around for many, many decades. And someone in the ownership family came in and played trivia at Venice West and they were like, let's try this at the deli. And they approached me, and I was like, at the deli, Okay, sure, I showed I showed up. I showed up at the first one, not expecting it to be anything crazy, And they had reserved their entire patio space for the trivia playing and they had to start seating people in this like vestibule area inside because it filled up.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 4: They have tapped into this like massive trivia interest in their loyal customer base. And so now like, yeah, one Monday a month, I'm I'm doing trivia for a packed deli full of people.
Speaker 1: It sounds like that into two Mondays.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I wouldn't mind. I might have to try to talk them into that. And then my other real quick, little exciting bit is a little over a month ago, I got somewhat of a dream job. I got hired as a researcher on a network game show. Wow, so that's been It was a six week contract. I'm in week six right now. So but It's been like just so amazing because it feels like something I've been training for my whole life. Yeah, writing and researching my own trivia, and now I don't even have to write it for this gig. I'm literally just reading the questions that the writers are writing and researching and make sure that they are you know, watertight fact check and that kind of thing. And it pays really well. And if I can just keep those gigs coming, cool, Yeah, I might have myself a little career here. So that that's pretty exciting. That's my most exciting news, right.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's like that is so exciting. Are you able to tell us the show so we can be like best show ever? Or is it top secret?
Speaker 4: I don't know because we didn't fully read all the hiring paperwork. I know there was some NDA type stuff in there, so I'm just like.
Speaker 5: Kind of like a user agreement then basically.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, alright.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, ye hire.
Speaker 1: I'm sure we can all fill the void with which one we think it is. We'll just make it up.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you it has an animated aspect.
Speaker 5: That's cool.
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 6: Is this the first question? What company do you work for?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: All the questions are personal. They're all I'm writing it down as we talked about ourselves. Yeah, that's amazing.
Speaker 2: Congratulations, that's funny.
Speaker 1: So Amy, Matt, what's your team name going to be?
Speaker 4: So I came up with this and Mat agreed to it. Yes, because I was trying to think of like how we came to meet, which Matt told you how that happened all that, and then I was like, well, okay, like what else like keeps us in touch or whatever. And we are avid chordal players. And if you're not familiar with the Kordal, it's like wordle only you're trying to guess eight words at a time. So obviously the game gives you more guesses, but it's still like.
Speaker 1: You've played that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, my sister plays the one with like thirty two of them like out of.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we'll just keep multiplying.
Speaker 5: We're not all professionals.
Speaker 1: I don't know a competition.
Speaker 2: The competition.
Speaker 4: So I decided our team name is the Chordlers rolls off the tongue.
Speaker 3: The Batman Villain.
Speaker 5: Four times.
Speaker 1: Awesome. Welcome to both of you in good Luck, and you guys will be going up against Melvin and Julian. Welcome you guys. Hello, Hi, Hello Julian. This is your first time joining us on the show. I believe tell us a little bit about you.
Speaker 6: This is yeah. My name is Julian Kim. I'm currently at Vandercook College of Music in Chicago. I'm starting to become a music teacher, hopefully a band director, but I'm doing that. I've known Melvin for nineteen years since I was born because he is my father.
Speaker 5: Dad.
Speaker 7: Can you find my birth certificate or something somewhere somewhere in the house.
Speaker 1: Well, welcome, Julian. Is what's your instrument that you play?
Speaker 6: What's your main My main instrument is tuba, but I have trombone as a secondary. And part of what I'm doing right now is learning. In order to become a band director, you have to learn like all of the instruments you can help kids with theirs. So I've picked up a couple more instruments this semester. I'll keep on pick out more as I go through.
Speaker 1: That's great, crazy, yeah, starting out in the low brass, heading all the way up to the woodwork.
Speaker 6: I have a flute right here.
Speaker 2: That's awesome. That's what I played in high school.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I did Clearnet a little bit just for fun. Percussion was my main one, but yeah, I started branching out when when I got older and it was fun. It's fun to learn new stuff and best of luck to you with that. That's a fun career there, Melvin, welcome back. You guys have heard Melvin on here before. But Melvin, what's been going on with you?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Other than trying to figure out how to pay for Julian's college, Yeah, things are going well with our family. I have two other kids that are involved in every just an other activity, so I have now become a full time show for Uber driver gifts are horrible for Uber and those guys around, but yeah, it's going well with living my life. I work for a private family foundation. We give to nonprofits in the Midwest, just in areas for food system work, so food access, food education, urban agriculture, things like that. So yeah, that's been what's been going on.
Speaker 2: Very cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, good stuff. Well, welcome back and welcome Julian. And what is your all's team name going to be?
Speaker 7: We have a My other son is known for a lot of faux pause. Let's just say the most recent is he took the pe sat I think it was pact. I believe pact and apparently didn't know how to spell his name. So his name is Theodore. But we are team thea dorc with a cenonship strikes again.
Speaker 1: All right, Oh, I got.
Speaker 6: Yeah, because that's the name that he's gotten on mail sense.
Speaker 2: That's amazing. Good. Well, I think last time you were on the show, you named yourself after your daughter because she decided that Linda Alfredo was a great What was it that she decided was on.
Speaker 1: A common card?
Speaker 2: On a common card?
Speaker 7: Yeah, we went to an Italian restaurant. She enjoyed her meal, and so she grabbed a common card and filled it out and her email address was Linda at Alfredo dot org or something like that, so she signed it Linda Alfredo.
Speaker 1: That's so good, perfect alias. Right, that's awesome. So we have our teams. Annie this, I'll give a quick rundown to the listener about how this truncated format for the Patron Tournament is going to work. We are going to have one round of four questions, then we're gonna have our bang bang round. Then we'll have our second round of four questions, and then the big bang round, and that's just like in the regular show, three clue questions and one final question. The clue questions are not for any points, but they do give you a hint as to what the answer for the final question is. And otherwise, all correct answers are worth ten points each and bang bang answers are two points each, and that's how it plays. So any you have the con first, All right.
Speaker 2: Here we go round one. Question one. The category is geography. Las Vegas is situated in a basin on the floor of which desert?
Speaker 4: Matt, help, I.
Speaker 5: Know, I know, dang it.
Speaker 4: I was really hoping you were going to ask for like what city it's actually in, like the strip because the strip isn't in Vegas, dang it. Or the name of the airport, literally anything else about me.
Speaker 1: Can I just have a new question, please?
Speaker 3: Exactly?
Speaker 5: Or a casino that is there?
Speaker 3: I mean, well it was planned Hollywood used to be.
Speaker 4: Is that the name of an actual desert there?
Speaker 5: Matt?
Speaker 3: Probably not yours?
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, okay, So I think we've decided on an answer. We're all set.
Speaker 2: All right, So you guys are all set.
Speaker 4: Wow, this is off to a great start.
Speaker 3: We've resigned ourselves for an answer.
Speaker 2: The best kind of answer, all right, theodoric what are you guys thinking?
Speaker 7: All right, so we I want to say, And this may totally be incorrect and going down the wrong path, But a little over a year ago we went to Joshua Tree in California, obviously, and I remember learning that there are two deserts that meet at Joshua Tree. One was Sonoran and the other one, like, Julian, what did you what's the only other desert we know in the US?
Speaker 5: I don't.
Speaker 6: I wasn't paying attention. I was looking, Oh, funny cactus.
Speaker 2: Ha ha ha, that's the right reaction.
Speaker 5: Yeah. The other one is the Mojave.
Speaker 7: So one is obviously, one is south, one is north, and I don't remember which is which. I'm gonna take a stab. Julian has given me the okay to let him down yet again in his life, and they.
Speaker 6: Know this is gonna be the first time if it's wrong, So.
Speaker 2: No pressure.
Speaker 5: Yes, we're gonna go with sonorin going.
Speaker 2: With Sonoran, all right, And over to the Cordler's Cordlers, we do what's after.
Speaker 4: Melvin definitely had more of like a solid reasoning going on, but somehow, I just blurted out Mojave. So we're going with Mojave.
Speaker 3: And I couldn't think of anything else besides that, so like, hey works for me?
Speaker 2: Nice, Well, the correct answer is the Mojave Desert a.
Speaker 1: Joy.
Speaker 2: You were down to fifty Ah, It's always so hard for me to not make facial expressions. All right, here we got question too. The category is television. Liam Hemsworth replaced Henry Cavell in twenty twenty five as the lead character in which Netflix series.
Speaker 4: I was typing without looking at what you were typing. So I think we're in agreement. I think Matt and I are are good to go.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, you.
Speaker 2: Guys are good to go. All right, back over to the Theodorks.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 7: So so the only show that I can remember is The Witcher. So going with the Witcher.
Speaker 2: Going with the Witcher, all right, and over too. I'm never going to remember this name.
Speaker 3: Courdlers.
Speaker 2: Hey, Cordler's I'll just say Cordlers.
Speaker 1: She says, A bunch now, and don't make it.
Speaker 2: What's your guess?
Speaker 4: Matt had this one first.
Speaker 3: Matt take it, and I believe this was was trying to be pushed on me. In my Netflix shows I'm supposed to watch, which I never did, but I saw the preview for it a lot. But it was also The Witcher.
Speaker 2: And the correct answer is the Witcher.
Speaker 1: Amy, you haven't seen that one.
Speaker 4: I remember watching at least two episodes in the beginning when it was Henry Cavill and thinking, I don't know if this is quite up my alley, but it did seem very very steamy.
Speaker 7: That's such a great word that I never would have expected to be about the Witcher. Yeah, it's quite accurate.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Question three, the category is science. What term is defined as the amount of heat needed to raise the temperature of one melli liter of water by one degree celsius?
Speaker 6: I knew, I know. I need to think back to my chemistry knowledge from high school because I definitely learned this.
Speaker 2: We believe in you.
Speaker 7: And also my wife, Julian's mom is a science teacher, so she's gonna kill us when we.
Speaker 6: Oh, okay, but that's biology.
Speaker 5: That's fair.
Speaker 2: Fair, you said amount of energy, right, The term is defined as the amount of heat needed.
Speaker 4: Oh, amount of heat right? Okay, got it. I think we're ready, by the way.
Speaker 5: I think, Yeah, I think we're ready.
Speaker 2: To Oh, you're ready as well. Yeah, yeah, let's see, we haven't started with the cardinals.
Speaker 4: Just pretend that the word word starts with a qu hurdles.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Cordler's I could quardles quardlers. I've accepted my fate.
Speaker 6: I could child.
Speaker 2: What's your guess?
Speaker 4: I was prepared to spend like twenty minutes torturing myself over this question, and then Matt was like, Oh.
Speaker 3: It's this so I think it is. It's calorie.
Speaker 2: Are you going with calorie?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: And theodors which sticking in my head much better. What's your answer?
Speaker 4: So?
Speaker 6: I was thinking back to my sixth grade knowledge where did I learn? Or no, it's not sex or freshman year knowledge, thinking about what did I learn in chemistry? And then my dad like, it's either a jewel or calorie, and I'm like, jewel, it's not jewel because that's energy. So we're also we also went.
Speaker 2: Calorie and the correct answer is calorie. You went with the correct one, Yay, great job, all right. Question four last question of this round categories game and hobbies, which twenty sixteen, Augmented Reality mobile game became the fastest game to reach five hundred million downloads in the App Store, in Google Play.
Speaker 5: We are good, Yes, we are good.
Speaker 4: I picked the right teammate, that's all I'm gonna say.
Speaker 3: The dirkiest guy. You knew.
Speaker 4: I didn't say it.
Speaker 3: Maybe your mouth didn't.
Speaker 2: Everybody's good. Over to theodors. What are you thinking?
Speaker 6: It's Pokemon Go? We think, which is actually funny because I had a conversation about Pokemon Go earlier today with a friend of mine and I I know, my dad and THEO played Pokemon Yo when it first came out, and I'm like, Okay, this seems pretty cool. So I also got into it and now I'm I'm a big Pokemon fan. So nice, thanks dad. But we think it's Pokemon Yo. That's the answer.
Speaker 3: The Pokemon enabler, all right, going with Pokemon Go and the quirlblers.
Speaker 4: Yea, yeah, we coordled so hard.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Pokemon is the first that pop my head. And I remember it was twenty sixteen, so I think that even Hillary Clinton was doing good joke about you should Pokemon go to the Pookemon go to the polls and that worked out great for her, and we know how that worked out for her exactly.
Speaker 6: I am not a political expert, but she should have doubled down, she should have started making more references.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, she didn't catch them all.
Speaker 1: That's a lot of candy to pull quarles.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I played it for a while. That was fun. The correct answer is Pokemon go crazy.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 6: I have my Pokemon a Goo account that I've had since like twenty seventeen, but I can't access it because it's still connected to my mom's email. So it's like I need to like send a recovery email, which I'm too lazy to like call her on the phone, so I'll do it in person over the summer.
Speaker 2: That's a good summer goal, David. Yes, what are the scores after round one?
Speaker 1: We have sufficient fuel for this barn. This round, the Qurdlers had a perfect score of forty, Theodorc had thirty h.
Speaker 2: And the disappointment in Melvin gross Because if you just.
Speaker 1: Need a picked yet that that other coin flip great, that will bring us into the bang bang round. So we are going to ask one team to step away and we'll ask the other team the bank bank question. So who is going to step away for us? Team? Theodoric is going to go into the not sound proof bathroom because we heard that earlier. They'll go into the soundproof music recording studio.
Speaker 2: Which actually could be kind of sound.
Speaker 1: Which it should be, Yeah, if it was worth anything. All right, So the courdlers get ready for your bang Bang question. The category for the Bang Bang round is film. Okay, you are going to have thirty seconds to give as many answers as you can to the following question. Tom Hanks has been nominated for an acting oscar, both lead and supporting for six films name them. Your time starts now, Philadelphia, Philadelphia, Uhving Private, Ryan.
Speaker 3: We're done, a cast away road to Perdition. Uh okay, the Burbs, Uh.
Speaker 4: Big, sure, fantastic, No, mister Banks saving mister Banks's time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it goes by fast, all right, nice job. We'll get Theodoric back in here, all right. Theodoric has returned from the soundproof music recording studio that.
Speaker 6: I definitely have in my dorm room.
Speaker 1: Trust I said it was better than the than the bathroom, which definitely leaks sound. So the category for the Bang Bang is film. You will have thirty seconds to give as many answers as you can to the following Tom Hanks has been nominated for an acting Oscar, both lead and supporting for six films name them. Your Time starts now.
Speaker 5: Fourth Gump, Philadelphia, Apollo thirteen. Come on, man, do you know?
Speaker 7: First of all, I gotta be real, I don't know who Tom Hanks is. I don't watch enough movie. Then I'll take over Toy Story one, two, three, what else?
Speaker 5: Big Bachelor Party?
Speaker 6: I don't think he was in Detective Pikachu, but I'll say that's that's time.
Speaker 4: Is the fastest thirty seconds on the face of that.
Speaker 5: That's crazy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, metric or metric thirty seconds.
Speaker 2: Yeah. We were wondering, Julian, if you would know who Tom Hanks was.
Speaker 7: I mean, I've heard the name before, but I can't picture him. I never watch movies.
Speaker 2: Yeah, fair enough.
Speaker 1: Do you know who Amy Adams is?
Speaker 5: Nope?
Speaker 4: All right, that sounds personal.
Speaker 1: It was probably the youngest one on the list.
Speaker 5: We walk well.
Speaker 2: We also looked at Sean Penn because he's recently got nominated. But Sean Penn have done anything for you, Julian, Nope, great, so just as good as all the rest.
Speaker 5: That's great.
Speaker 2: The six movies that Tom Hanks has been nominated for an acting oscar, both lead and supporting are a beautiful day in the neighborhood. He got supporting actor.
Speaker 4: For that, Oh, I said the wrong one.
Speaker 2: Castaway lead actor. The rest of actorly are all lead actor, saving Private Ryan, Forrest Gump, Philadelphia, and Big so Amy. You said big with kind of a laugh, like you didn't think it was correct. But you did it. You nailed it. Crushed that. Wow, David, how did they do?
Speaker 1: The Courdlers got five of those correct for ten more points, bringing their score to fifty. Theodoric got three of those correct for six more points, bringing their score to thirty six.
Speaker 2: Woo.
Speaker 5: All right, hey we're still in it.
Speaker 3: Yepow Oh yeah.
Speaker 5: Still a lot of trivia.
Speaker 2: Played here, Almost too much trivia.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe we should cut back a little.
Speaker 3: It's the intervention. What are you trying to say?
Speaker 1: All right, we are moving on into round two. Question five? The category is history. Which two city states were the main combatants in the Peloponnesian War. I think we're locked in, all right. Theodoric feels good about where they're at. Quirdlers, you guys can talk out loud.
Speaker 3: Oh man, I.
Speaker 4: Just this is not a genre of history, or even history themed entertainment that I usually pay any attention to So, yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, maybe you should watch more brad Fit movies. Then I think that's our that's our problem.
Speaker 4: Watch more people in Toga's fight and stuff.
Speaker 6: I believe Togas were Roman actually.
Speaker 4: So whatever the Greek equivalent.
Speaker 6: Is, I don't know what they're exactly.
Speaker 4: I think we're.
Speaker 3: My last guest. Yeah, okay, we'll go with Troy and Athens.
Speaker 1: Going with Troy and Athens Theodoric. What did you guys think?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 6: I don't know about you, Dad, I'm not sure about this, but immediately the first two that popped in my head were Athens and Sparta. I remember learning that they were like the two big city states. They were kind of the important ones, and they're the ones that get talked about the most. So I'm assuming that if they're so important, they probably did a lot of wars. So it's it might be them Athens and Sparta.
Speaker 1: Going with Athens and Sparta. The correct answer is Athens and Sparta.
Speaker 2: Oh see it.
Speaker 4: I was gonna make that three hundred joke of like kicking someone into a pit, and then maybe I would have gotten there, dang it.
Speaker 1: Alrighty, yep, Athens and Sparta, those were pretty big deals back in the day, so you sus that one out. Julian Question six category is pop culture. Who just made a guest appearance at Sabrina Carpenter's second weekend Coachella performance.
Speaker 4: I'm basing my guests completely off of something that came across my Instagram feed.
Speaker 3: So well that's how this is pop culture. So yes, that's what would be their best way.
Speaker 4: My Instagram addiction is paying off.
Speaker 6: Okay, great, I liked don't use social media at all, so I'm at a disadvantage here.
Speaker 2: Good for you, that's awesome.
Speaker 4: Save yourself.
Speaker 7: I'm just old. I just don't know anybody anymore. I just shake my fist at them for being too damn loud.
Speaker 3: Exactly on the clouds is what they call music.
Speaker 1: Now get that will barrow out of my yard.
Speaker 4: But I think we've come to a guest so yes, yes.
Speaker 1: We have Kurdlers have something lined up already. Theodor keep forgetting.
Speaker 4: We have to actually like tell you guys we're doing something real.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I am doing.
Speaker 1: The doc. What'd you guys think?
Speaker 7: So we both had really no ideas, and so we started going back and forth with whoever we knew that was famous. Obviously, Taylor Swift entered our minds, but we were like, nah, I think we would have maybe have heard about Taylor Swift possibly. Then we started talking about well, maybe be funny, so started going through the Pokemon list. Nothing really. I don't think Pikachi would have shown up and done a number with Sabrina Carpenter.
Speaker 1: I don't know she did that Muppet Show.
Speaker 7: Hey, it is like the thirtieth anniversary, so they are doing music events. I just I don't know who they're doing it. Watch it is Sabrina Carpenter, Pikachu. So we just as are we're going to land on the guy who is pretty popular among everybody right now, and that's Snoop.
Speaker 5: So we are going with Snoop Dogg.
Speaker 1: Going with Snoop dog All right, Cordlers, who do you guys think it was?
Speaker 4: Well? I have no reason for the algorithm to be feeding me this kind of stuff because I definitely don't pay attention.
Speaker 5: To And she's wearing a Coachella shirt.
Speaker 3: I don't know why I get this feed just because I click out all the time. I don't know what's going on. I just got doing all this jen Alpha stuff because I just want to be cool.
Speaker 6: What is Coachella? It sounds like a dessert.
Speaker 4: It's in the frozen section next to the Viennetta logues. But no, actually I can. I can tell you why this probably came across my feed. It's because I've now entered an age where I'm getting all of the content geared towards Perryman apausal like elder millennial women who are like trying to recapture their childhood. Yeah, like fun and whimsy or whatever. So anyway, there was a real I saw of a woman being flabbergasted that the people there to see somebody actually didn't remember the Sabrina Carpenter Park were not losing their minds over Madonna showing up. Because then the woman in the real who's like like pretending to be the young person being like okay, then she like pops out and she's like dancing hardcore to Madonna because she's like, this is how I would be if I was young enough, had young enough phones to go to Coachella or whatever. So anyway, long story long, we're going with Madonna.
Speaker 5: Ah, nice, you taught us before.
Speaker 3: Where those are your TMI as we stay thereestions right, that's how this works.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's exactly it. No notes. The answer is Madonna.
Speaker 4: Thank you Instagram gods.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I saw they. I didn't know about it until David wrote the question, so I like looked it up. I was like, oh, Madonna, and then they're like Madonna doing Vogue and like a prayer and I'm like great, And then I clicked on it. It was some song I never heard of, and I'm like, now, I'm bud is.
Speaker 1: Either one of Sabrinas or one of Madonna's new ones?
Speaker 2: She was, but David did ask. He's like, is there anyone at Coachella who knows who Madonna is? Because we all know who she is obviously. Well, I don't know if Julia knows who Madonna is.
Speaker 6: But I've heard the name before and that's all I can say.
Speaker 1: I read right, Yeah, isn't she with child?
Speaker 4: That's like an art major joke.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, yeah to two out there? All right, Well, this this will bring us back around question seven. The category is music, which musical instrument is sometimes referred to as a baby flute.
Speaker 6: I think I got this one, so I mean, Dad, if you trust me, I don't think we need to.
Speaker 7: Discuss Yeah, like we did not even talk or do anything. Julian is just I got this.
Speaker 6: I think I'm like seventy five percent.
Speaker 5: Sure, Yeah, nope, I'm I'm out all.
Speaker 1: Right, thea Dorc's they're locked in. So Matt, Mamie, you guys can talk out loud.
Speaker 4: We're throwing some ideas back and forth here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, of course recorder is always a wonderful That can't be a baby anything that is zoo because yeah, yeah, we're throwing those two out. So we have it. Yeah, I think we've neared it down to two answers, and this is great so that this way, if we say the right answer and the wrong answer and picked the wrong one, that's that makes for great podcasting. So because we have a narrow down.
Speaker 4: I say piccolo, I said five.
Speaker 3: And because because a piccolo is is that still that's still recorder recorder Like isn't because a fife if I remember from all my Revolutionary War reenactments, which I do, you know, it's about that time of year, I get the coveted fife role, and so that's that would be the side. Yeah, because the piccolo is like hr puppet stuff. Wasn't that a piccolo? That? But that was free that I don't know.
Speaker 4: It sounded like a cute small word, and I, oh, no, I.
Speaker 3: Piccolo first popped in my head, but I thought five would be Let's go.
Speaker 4: Five because I like your talk about it being here versus here and all that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, okay, five, no answer, no.
Speaker 1: Notes, going with fife, all right? Theodoric's do you guys think you know?
Speaker 6: Unfortunately, I think it is. The answer is my my least favorite instrument commonly used in in bands, which is the piccolo. I think the fife, I I could definitely see it, but I do know the the piccolo is also here like the flute, and it's my least favorite because it's the opposite of everything that tuba stands for as an instrument. Last week, I was talking to a piccolo player at my school and he was like, yeah, I don't really like the tuba. It's it's so hard, hard, you need so much air and everything. It's so heavy, it's so big. And I'm like, yeah, I I hate the piccolo. So that that's fair.
Speaker 1: So it's fife versus piccolo, just as Mad always wanted wrap battle. The correct answer from what I found is piccolo.
Speaker 3: Alright, Oh we have that answer took the wrong one.
Speaker 1: It's it's your mojave, desert moment, your Sonora.
Speaker 3: Desert movements all over again. Desert.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're similar, They are similar. But piccolo is more flute like, I think, than fife. I don't know if I can't remember if fife has keys or not. I know piccolos and flutes do well.
Speaker 3: Probably not. I think it just has holes, probably think. I think you're right. I think it's which a fifhole would be. That's a good thing to call somebody, now, you stinking.
Speaker 4: Insult. Yeah, old you got to say it was like a bad Irish accent.
Speaker 1: Or something, the old fihole. Moving on to question eight, last question of the regular rounds. The category is sports. Student Athlete compensation is now a major factor in American college sports, referring to payment for their participation or for commercial use of INIL. What does nil stand for?
Speaker 4: Well, I think Matt once again has locked it down for us.
Speaker 1: So we're ready, Cordlers are ready with an answer. Let's see Theodor's. You guys can talk out loud.
Speaker 7: So this is yet another reason why I think we're a really good team in this way. Is the stuff I have no idea about Julian just knocks it out of the park, and the things that don't matter is what I knock out of the park. I am a huge college sports fan, and I do know the history behind NIL as well, going even back to at Obannon from UCLA. So for us, then ANIL stands for name, image and likeness.
Speaker 1: Going with name image and likeness, Quordlers, what did you guys think it was?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I went to Michigan, so yeah, we know about NIL all the time now, so yes, we went with name image likeness.
Speaker 1: Congratulations on your recent championship, and the correct answer is name image and likeness. Yes, well done you guys. All right, Annie, that's the end of round two. What are our scores?
Speaker 2: Well, Amy and Matt got twenty five points in that round, bringing their total score up to seventy five, and the Theodor's got thirty points in that round, bringing up their score to sixty six, So seventy five.
Speaker 1: To sixty Cirk, we.
Speaker 4: Eat a close one, yes.
Speaker 2: Very close. That's it for the regular rounds, which means it's time for the big bang round. We will give you three clue questions which are all hints to the final question. You may wagers zero to all of your points on the category of film. The wagers are in question one in the Lord of the Rings, whose heraldic symbol was a white hand on a black background.
Speaker 1: Question two, Francisco Scaramonga is the titular villain in which James Bond film.
Speaker 2: Question three in the Star Wars universe, whose lightsaber design was based on a rape year with an Arabian flare.
Speaker 1: And your big bang question again the categories film which actor once held the Guinness World Record for tallest leading actor at six foot five inches. Yeah, we go.
Speaker 2: Question one and the Lord of the Rings, whose heraldic symbol was a white hand on a black background. Quardlers nailed it.
Speaker 3: What d you think Gandolf? I think that it's the Lord of the Rings character.
Speaker 4: Right, we'll go with Gandolf.
Speaker 2: Correct, it's the Lord of the Rings character Randolf. Yeah, great, going with Gandalf and Theodoric.
Speaker 6: What do you think my father's first instinct was Gandolf, which I think is a good answer. But after I, who have seen the movies exactly one time, so I obviously have a really good knowledge of it, don't remember having having a symbol. So we're gonna say, uh, Saramon, here's like the evil Gandolf wizard guy, and.
Speaker 2: The correct answer is Sorrimon. Good memory there, Julian, Yeah, because he got.
Speaker 6: The You see, even though I've watched the movies one time, I also played the Lego games one time, so that's I remember the character.
Speaker 3: There you go.
Speaker 1: If Julian does something once, he does it forever. Question two. Francisco Scaramonga is the titular villain in which James Bond film Theodor's Who do you think it was?
Speaker 7: So we had no idea, but the name Francisco, which is fun to say, is probably something from like a rich just sounds like a rich person, so we are thinking maybe Italian, and we just went with Casino.
Speaker 1: Royale, Casino Royale and Cordlers. Would you guys think, well, Matt.
Speaker 4: Was pretty quick to put well.
Speaker 3: I get jokes because the scaramanga is the man with the golden gun, and his deformity is he has a third nipple, which makes him truly the titular character. James, I see where you're going. That's always on my mind.
Speaker 1: We are now, Matt, we are now. Yes, the correct answer is the man with the golden gun.
Speaker 2: All right question three in the Star Wars universe, whose lightsaber design was based on a rapier with an Arabian flair. Let's start with Theodore's.
Speaker 6: Thinking of Star Wars. I'm also a massive Star Wars fan. I was just thinking of who has the maybe unorthodox lightsabers, who has like the special ones And the one who has a special hilt is Count Dooku also known by his sith name Darth Tyrannus, who has like his blade is normal, but he has like a curved hilt that I believe is based on a rape year. So we're going with Count.
Speaker 2: Dooku, Going with Count Dooku and over to the world. Melvin, did you want to add on?
Speaker 5: No, I was just gonna add in.
Speaker 7: Uh, Julian has seen this more than once, so yeah, and I have the lego of him, so I back away and let him do his thing.
Speaker 4: We didn't come up with anything.
Speaker 3: Ah yeah, I had the lego Scaramanga with the extra nipple piece too.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Nice.
Speaker 3: You know, we we put nothing until Julian said Count oh, yeh, that is the guy.
Speaker 4: We just actually typed out what he said because.
Speaker 3: We hoped that, oh, you're right what he said.
Speaker 5: You go first.
Speaker 3: That's pretty much it for us.
Speaker 2: So you're agreeing with Julian's answer. The correct answer is Count Dooku. I already forgot his sith name. But everything you said, Juliet, I've also agree with you is correct.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 4: I think it was Darth Tiramisu.
Speaker 1: Count tier Mesu's found right next to Coachella and.
Speaker 6: Darth Tyrannis.
Speaker 7: He's the villain of episode two and then he like dies at the beginning of episode three spoilers, sorry, guys.
Speaker 1: And finally, which actor once held the Guinness World Record for tallest leading actor at six'. Five let's start with. Quirdlers who'd you guys think it?
Speaker 3: WAS i believe this guy is like a distant cousin To Ian, fleming and his name would Be Christopher. Lee would be our.
Speaker 1: Guest going With Christopher, Lee, yes and theodork who'd you guys think it?
Speaker 6: Was we had no clue for The James bond, Question but the guy who plays Both saramon And Count douku Is Christopher, lee but not Just Christopher. LEE i believe he's of some sort of Like english, Nobility so it's Actually Sir Christopher. Lee If i'm not, mistaken.
Speaker 1: Going With Sir Christopher. Lee, well it is the actor who Portrayed Sarramon scaramanga And. Douku Sir Christopher, lee all.
Speaker 2: Right great, job every bought.
Speaker 1: It everybody got.
Speaker 3: There well we are a much friendlier, basis so that's.
Speaker 4: So, Yeah Chris.
Speaker 2: Lee Oh, Chris, well you guys are both, correct because, yeah he is also related To Ian. Fleming so well.
Speaker 4: Done.
Speaker 1: There he's the SECOND i THINK i read he was the Second British knight to be In Star. Wars it's a lineage of a small small knights and he was like.
Speaker 2: A secret agent man because right.
Speaker 1: Like he he did some Stuff.
Speaker 2: Lord of The. Rings he's, like that's not what it sounds like when you Break ammand's neck and crazy things like, that and they're, like oh my, gosh you're so.
Speaker 6: INTENSE i do have a meme from like. THAT i downloaded my phone like four years. Ago that's Like Sir Christopher lee like fought in like a small war or, whatever and then it's like he's fighting against The russians and then like it says like The russians are like it's dooku shoot him, down which is like a quote From Star. Wars SO i do have that that image in my.
Speaker 2: Phone that's pretty.
Speaker 4: Amazing, wow that's like a Slum Dog millionaire, moment, right.
Speaker 1: The only cast member to have Met. Tolkien oh, yeah that's true.
Speaker 2: Too Christopher lee is just made for.
Speaker 1: Trivia oh he was. Awesome where's that?
Speaker 4: Biopic?
Speaker 1: Dang, yeah he did have a heck of a.
Speaker 5: LIFE i Think americans try to do that With Forrest.
Speaker 1: Gump so it's coming down to wager for.
Speaker 5: Us.
Speaker 1: Annie let's get the final.
Speaker 2: Scores, well The quurdlers went all in with seventy. Five they got it, right so their scores one hundred and, fifty and The theodors played it safe with thirty three to end with ninety. Nine by whoo, wow yay that was.
Speaker 1: Amazing So quirdlers are your winners? Today thirty did?
Speaker 2: It But theodoric's you played so? Well?
Speaker 1: Yes all, Right oh my, gosh, yes thank You Lady.
Speaker 6: Madonna yeah, yeah that was. Great thanks for having.
Speaker 1: Us, yeah of course you guys are gonna have to come. Back you compliment each, other, well, yeah it's almost like we're, related related with different. Interests, great so we'll let you guys go with some final words let's start With. Melvin you have anything to leave us with as we say, goodbye no other.
Speaker 7: Than this was a great. Time congratulations, hurdlers you guys rocked.
Speaker 1: It And julian any final? Words good?
Speaker 6: GAME i don't know. WORDS i can say more count dooku trivia if that works our final? Words he had like he had like three apprentices he Trained Assage venturess And Savagia press and The Clone, wars which is in general. Grievous so, yeah that is.
Speaker 2: Three, wow that's. Amazing there you.
Speaker 1: Go, there he is great and our winning, team the. Quirdlers, matt why don't you leave us with a few?
Speaker 3: Words you know you're you're told you never forget your first, time and that is truly the case for. THIS i had a great, time AND i hopefully you can come back sometime y sounds.
Speaker 1: Great you'll be coming back for round? TWO i can tell you. That oh so clear the schedule for next year sometimes before? Seven, yeah, Basic, amy anything to leave us, with oh.
Speaker 4: Man JUST i am so appreciative of what you guys. Do it's so great that you've been able to keep this this train, rolling this wheelbarrow a wheelbarrow in all these years and providing, people all of us nerds out there with all this fun nerdy trivia. Goodness so thank, you.
Speaker 1: Oh thank, you and once again you are at The Venice west every Yeah, tuesday which night is if you're.
Speaker 4: In THE la area and you want to come over to The venice. SIDE i am at The Venice west hosting trivia the first and Third tuesday of the, month first and.
Speaker 1: Third tuesday And monday nights at The deli and.
Speaker 4: One monday a month At Factors Famous. Delhi The kastrami is insanely. Delicious CAN i say My? Instagram, yeah, yes of. Course, okay because the best way to find out when my trivia is a actually happening is just to follow At Clever Girl trivia On. Instagram so that's WHERE i keep everything up to.
Speaker 1: Date nice, Yay, well congratulations to you.
Speaker 6: Guys so what Is? Coachella no one ever explained.
Speaker 2: That the music.
Speaker 7: Festival music festival actually By Joshua.
Speaker 1: Tree it's By Joshua. Tree, yeah oh well.
Speaker 6: It all loops.
Speaker 3: Around yeah, yeah trivia' is anora.
Speaker 1: Boroid, yeah It's it's a ten day music. Festival it's been going on for a. While madonna ACTUALLY i think played at it in its early days and that probably helped bring her back for. This AND i Guess sabrina has a famous person come out during one song for her tour that she's, doing and this time it Was. Madonna it all lined up that, way so good Old.
Speaker 4: Madge.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Culture so there you. Go thank you guys once. Again we'll be seeing The quirdlers back in round. Two and thanks To theodoric for playing with us this time and any anything else to leave people.
Speaker 4: With.
Speaker 2: Hope we'll leave you with, hope, beautiful a.
Speaker 1: New, Hope Black Star, Wars don't Tell dooku great well For, Julian, Melvin matt And. Amy i've Been David. Flora i've Been Annie.
Speaker 2: Flora.
Speaker 5: Yes quiz