Speaker 1: And now your host for Marongo Casino Dodgers on Tech, Kenny.
Speaker 2: Damn Case, Hi everybody, and welcome in to Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck. Happy Labor Day and all you out there. I hope you're enjoying this Monday afternoon. Sit back and enjoy some Dodgers baseball this afternoon as your Los Angeles Dodgers continue their road trip at Arizona, wrapping up this four game series at eighty two and fifty five on this season, first place atop the NL last after winning the first two games in Arizona, the Dodgers got suffocated by the Snakes yesterday in a lost Jack Flerny, though, looks to bounce back with the Dodgers on the mound today in this series finale, first pitch and Chase Field is coming up at one to ten.
Speaker 3: Between then and.
Speaker 2: Now, we got a lot to get to here on Morogo Casino Dodgers on Deck, including your chance to win Sweet tickets in the five to seventy LA Sports Sweet to an upcoming Dodgers game out at Dodgers Stadium that's coming up in thirty minutes, So be ready to play. You're gonna hear from the Dodger manager Dave Roberts. We're gonna dive deeper to this pitchy matchup. David vet segoes one on one with Chris Woodward. In just a few minutes, we'll check in with Kirsten Watson, who is live on the field in Arizona, and also check in with Rick Monday and Tim nevert O at the Galpum Motors broadcast booth. Well, yesterday, well, quite frankly, it was a game to forget. You play one hundred and sixty two games during the course of a regular season, some games just don't go your way, and yesterday was one of those games. Justin Robleski got this start, and boy did he have a rough go. Bottom of this second inning, the Arizona Diamondbacks absolutely unloaded on the left hander.
Speaker 4: Rona at third base, is Carrol Over at first, Josh Bell Now Gritchet swings HiT's a high drive to center indep going back ker Meyer, ker Meyer to the track to the wall.
Speaker 5: That's gone a three run home run for ramdal Richard.
Speaker 4: It is eight to nothing Arizona.
Speaker 3: Randel Gritchik with the three run home run.
Speaker 2: Eight runs scored in the bottom half of the second inning off Justin Robluski, and that was pretty much it, as the Diamondbacks would tack on a run in the third one of the six, two more in the seventh, two more in the eighth. The Dodgers offense finally got on the board in the fourth inning, things to an RBI groundout from Tommy Edmond. In the sixth, they pushed across the couple of runs, one of them thanks to Austin Barnes.
Speaker 4: And then the next three men went down in order and Byrn's lines it at the right field of base six coming around third is Edmund.
Speaker 1: He will score.
Speaker 5: It's now nine to three.
Speaker 4: As Austin Byrons comes up with a two out RBI base ship.
Speaker 2: Well, the Dodgers will get a couple of there in the top half of the sixth, but it was no way they were catching the Arizona Diamondbacks. Justin Roblusky, for his part, managed to pitch into the sixth inning five and a third, ten earned runs, ten hits, two home runs, two walks, Michael grow pitching inning in two thirds. Hernandez came in and pitched an for the Dodgers in the back end as well. It was an ugly one for the Dodgers as they lose fourteen to three to the Arizona Diamondbacks. As the Dodgers have their winning streat come to an end, They're now eighty two and fifty five, still a five game lead in the nl WES over both the Diamondbacks and the Padres. Today the final game of this four game series, and it's a big one. Dodgers looking for the series win, also looking to win the season series over the Snakes. Jack Flaherty on the mound, first pitch coming up at one to ten, and with more, let's head out to the gapin Motors Broadcast booth as we say good.
Speaker 3: Afternoon to Rick Monday and Tim Neffert.
Speaker 5: Guys, thank you very much.
Speaker 4: Tim roof closed again on this Labor Day Monday for this matine ball game. As the Dodgers and the Diamondbacks complete this four game wrap round series in Phoenix. The Dodgers falling yesterday fourteen to three, their most lopsided defeat of the season. Brandon Fock got the win over Justin Robluski. The roster move today, Justin Robluski taking off the roster. Michael Peterson reliever right handed back from Oklahoma City, so he'll be active and in the bullpen. But with that game yesterday, that the eight run second inning provided pretty much a white flag for the Dodgers and Dave Roberts protecting the bullpen for a second straight day, so all the regulars should be rested and ready to go.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and you know, Rusque just did not have any breaking ball at all, and it didn't take long for Arizona to figure that out after the first inning. I mean they went to home late looking for fastballs, and if you're not getting the breaking ball over, there's nothing else really to choose from. And he paid the price. He backed up a lot of bases. Ten runs on ten it's two home runs. As you were mentioning a little bit earlier. The good thing is some of the arms in that bullpen, and it has been a very well taxed bullpen. They've had a chance to kind of refresh a little bit, and Dave Roberts suber expecting everybody is going to be available out of the bullpen. The big question is how long Jack Flaherty is going to be going in that game. He has been a breath of fresh air Dodgers in particular in the starting rotation.
Speaker 4: And Clarida needs to be a stopper today because the Diamondbacks are a very tough offensive team and as the season goes along, they haven't slowed down in terms of scoring runs. They're the top run scoring team in Major League Baseball. Well, they proved it yesterday for sure, fourteen runs on the board.
Speaker 5: But they can.
Speaker 4: Score no matter what. Can they pitch, yeah, they can pitch a little bit, but they can really rack.
Speaker 1: Up the runs.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Offensively, they hold their own, as you mentioned, top in the run score. They're also second in batting average. But the other part too is they're twenty six and earned rent average, so they do give up some runs. There's no infens but it's about that they're twenty eighth down the list as far as batting average against. The Dodgers have to take advantage of it. One thing that we've seen about Arizona they are a very aggressive team and if you give them an inch, they're going to take about six or seven.
Speaker 4: If they can an important game today, why well, because you can get a six game division lead as opposed to the five game it presently is.
Speaker 5: But the winner of this game today.
Speaker 4: Will own the tiebreaker between these two teams and win the season series. Six wins for the Dodgers, six wins for the Diamondbacks, so important in that category as far as a tiebreaker goes for the postseason.
Speaker 6: Ever, playing numbers games and Arizona needs to be able to reduce the number that they trailed. Both they and the Podres five games behind the Dodgers in the Western Division. Dodgers trying to win their eighty third game of the season. And if you look at the Nation League Western Division, I mean this is going to be very competitive coming down who's going to win it, Who's going to be the wild card representative? And in the West there's a big battle going.
Speaker 4: On with the left hander of Water Rodriguez on the mound. The Dodgers have Gavin Luxe and Max Munsey on the bench today, Chris Taylor, Keith k Hernandez in the Dodger lineup.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and the lineup needs to go one, two to three. Taskar Hernandez has really been maybe the guy's been overlook will find out what are the vulnerabilities that Taskar has had has been with the slider, and he has seen a boatload of slide in this series in the first three games.
Speaker 4: So Dodgers with Major League Baseball's best record at eighty two and fifty five, five game lead over the Diamondbacks and the pod race taking on. They have Diamondbacks who are seventy seven and sixty Jack Flaherty and Wardo Robriguez.
Speaker 5: That's the pitching matchup.
Speaker 2: Tim All right, thank you guys, as we count you now to first pitch. Dodger fans, get your game day meal on at Shaky's Pizza apartment. What are your Shaky's Pizza Shake it mojos right now Shaky's dot com coming up here at Dodgers on Deck, you're gonna hear from the manager, Dave Roberts. We'll check in with David Vassie. He'll go one on one with Chris Woodward. We'll dive deeper into today's pitching matchup. Don't forget coming up in twenty minutes your chance to win tickets to the Dodgers suite.
Speaker 3: So an upcoming game up next.
Speaker 2: So you're o Tani Rewine and we'll head down to the field there in Arizona and visit with Kirsten Watson.
Speaker 3: So lead you up to first pitch.
Speaker 2: On this Labor Day, Dodgers and Diamondbacks, thanks for being with us. I'm Tim Kaates's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Know.
Speaker 1: This Lorongo Casino, Dodgers On, Todgers on Deck. Y'all on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Diamondbacks on this Labor Day. Jack Flaherty and water O Rodrigue is the pitching man Scheff in this series finale.
Speaker 3: First pitch coming up at one ten.
Speaker 1: This is the Otani rewhy Well.
Speaker 2: Yesterday was a rough day for Otani and the Dodgers as they got beep on the Diamondbacks fourteen to three. The good thing today, new day, new game, So Dodgers look to win this series. Otani rewind I brought to you by Etoa Nzoyo Ja, Japan's number one green tea.
Speaker 3: And the tea that show.
Speaker 2: Hey, Otani loves and drinks available you look Diso stores, Amazon and eto In dot Com.
Speaker 3: That's it t O e N dot Com.
Speaker 1: This is Kirston's Corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 2: Hey, Kirston now joins us from the field in Arizona, final game of this four game series.
Speaker 3: Kirsten Dodgers won the first two.
Speaker 2: Yesterday they got snake bitten by the Diamondbacks. And here we are a very pivotal game in this four game series.
Speaker 7: It is, and especially because of just kind of looking at the season overall. So if you look at the season series of these two teams right now, it's high. So whoever wins this game is for some reason the Diamondbacks can pipe their way back and they can pick up four games at the moment. To pick up four, then they would ultimately and they tie the division, they would have the tiebreaker over the Dodgers. If the Dodgers win today, then they would have the tiebreaker over the Diamondbacks if the situation comes to that down the line, and once you get to want sixty two. So that's an important factor just considering how well the Dbacks have been playing as of late. The other thing to consider is what the standings are going to look like. So with the Dodgers win today, then the lead goes to six. If they lose, it's going to stay at four. So there's a lot on the line in regard to that. I think ultimately you want to really head into septemb well or in September, but you want to take on the rest of the rest at September with a six game lead leaving Arizona. So when you consider all of those things, there's that on the line, but ultimately it's just you know, looking to win this series. Dave robertsause you know he will obviously like those are things that you have to take into consideration if you don't want to put yourself in that situation. But ultimately, like that just seems winning the series. They've seen how aggressive the diamondback comes into this entire series. Their batch has been hot. But he feels really good with Jack Claerty taking the ball today and continuing just what he's been doing this season. As long as he uses the secondary pitches, you know, goes to that fastball when Nemesy, then he feels like he should be in a really good spot to be successful.
Speaker 5: Today.
Speaker 2: Kirsen is brought to by Cars for Kids. The easiest way to get rid of your old car. Donate it today. Your car could be picked up tomorrow. It's not easy. Donate now at Cars for Kids dot org. That's Cars with the Cave. The Dodgers want to have the continued success in September, they're going to need more starting pitching. Y'a'm a modo glass now Kershaw, who are all hurt right now?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Exactly. You know, when you look at the rotation right now, this was the end of September, I think there would be a good amount of concern heading into the club season. The good thing is, as much as the calendar is getting tight, there is still former weeks and so there are guys who are working their way back and getting healthier. First with Yoshinobu, so he's with the team right now playing catch, but he is going to be finished or going back out on his rehab assignment tomorrow. With the start, Dave Roberts said, the plan is for him to get through three innings, depending on where the pitch count is, that hopefully he can do a fourth inning in the bullpen. After that, you know, it will be a decision if he's going to return to the big leagues and his next start being in the big league, he wouldn't be fully built up just yet to get through five. But the hope is that depending on where the bullpen is, if the usage of hides and obviously bringing a starter who's gon only get through four isn't best case scenario, might make more sense for him to do one more outing. But if I feel like the bullpen can get in support, he's in a good spot. Maybe he could build up walk here, which is also very realistic, then that could be the case. I think also just sep to stay at their rotation. It does feel very realistic that needs to be returning after this next three up there. So that's I guess really good news with that.
Speaker 2: Dodgers are gonna need all these arms when they come back to be a part of this rotation, no doubt about it, curius, and we appreciate it still. They come here on Marongo Casino, Dodgers on Deck will dive deeper into this pitching matchup.
Speaker 3: David Basse goes one on one with Chris Woodward.
Speaker 2: I'm next, so an injury report and we'll hear from the manager Dave Roberts. Don't forget coming up your chance to win sweet tickets to an upcoming Dodgers game. Keep listening, We're leading you up to Dodgers and Diamondbacks. First pitch of one ten, I'm tin cases Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers hunting on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck in ten years is being lead you up to first pitch Dodgers and Diamondbacks and Marongo Casino resorting spot a grand Slam for good times.
Speaker 3: First pitch coming up at one ten.
Speaker 1: He's the LA Dodger Injury Report.
Speaker 2: Presented by UCLA Healthy Official Medical Partner the Los Angeles Dodgers. Clayton Kersh on the I L was swelling in his left big toe. Joe Kelly on the IL the right shoulder inflammation, Tyler Glasstaw on the IL with right elbow. Ten to nine is Bruce dark raderol on the iel at the right hamstring strain. Yoshinoba Yamamoto on the iel the strained rotator cuff is curs to mention Yamamoto and the Dodgers pitchers all efforting to get back here in September for the stretch run. All right, let's head back out to Phoenix and check out the Dodgers skipper.
Speaker 1: Questions for Dave, Dave, can you just describe Dave?
Speaker 5: Can you talk about the pressure.
Speaker 1: In the dugout with Dave.
Speaker 8: Roberts teams excuse us about anybody in baseball statistically and hitting the fastball like this does that in a small sample of just one series, like coming to play at all, when you guys.
Speaker 3: Are game planning and figuring out how to attack.
Speaker 9: Them, Yeah, I think you know, fastball velocity is certainly up, and then you bake in characteris that makes hitting the fastball even harder. And this team is very good to hitting the fastball, and that does correlate to run scored and slug and all those kind of things. So I think it's just more of trying to figure out how to command the fastball, where to go with it, some safe places, and when do you use it. So you've got to use your secondary So Jack's really good at as far as the sequencing part of it, but you have to use your fastball, but you've got to kind of know where to go.
Speaker 3: How different would a six game division lead.
Speaker 2: Feel from a four game division lead, depending on how this one shakes out when you look out down.
Speaker 3: The rest of the way.
Speaker 9: It's big, especially when you don't play these guys anymore. They don't play us anymore, so to be able to, you know, extend it to six games that's the goal. And obviously you know they're playing with submergency, as are.
Speaker 10: We, some kind of tycholegics carry over him.
Speaker 6: Is a good chance you play him again in a month in the playoffs.
Speaker 5: As far as ringing three out of four here right in spliting.
Speaker 9: You know, Bob, I'd love to say yes, but it didn't work out last year. As far as how well we played him, I do think that, you know, we're playing good baseball, and it just comes down to, you know, if we see him again playing our best baseball, it's a good ball club over there. Athletics certainly they run the base as well, they defend the good offensively. So I still, yeah, still want to win the season series.
Speaker 2: All right, there's Dave Roberts down the dugout, brought to you by Service Titan.
Speaker 3: Dave Roberts is a Titan in his own right.
Speaker 2: He's got a play before his team into the field, and you need one too for your growing contracting business. Let's Service Titan help you implement it. Learn more at service Titan dot com. Coming up here on Dodgers on Deck, we'll check in with David Vazy and don't forget coming up in about ten minutes your chance to live the sweet life at a Dodger game in the zinch she Sweet Life Challenge.
Speaker 3: It's all coming up. Be ready to.
Speaker 2: Go, and it's your time to call in to lead you up to Dodgers and Diamondbacks on this Labor Day. First pitch at one ten, I'm Tim Kates's Los Angeles Dodgers audio note.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on Tack on your home for the Blue. All season law Law.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers and the Diamondbacks on this Labor Day.
Speaker 3: Jack Flaherty going for the blue.
Speaker 2: First pitch from Arizona's coming up at one ten. The umpiring crew for today's game, brought to you by Fred Loyer Insurance, celebrating fifty years of providing reliable and affordable car insurance for you and your family.
Speaker 1: Joining Tim kits On Dodgers on Tack. I accept everybody for who they are. This is Dodger insider David Basse.
Speaker 3: All right, DV.
Speaker 2: This is the final game in the regular season between the Dodgers and Diamondbacks. And man, this one's got a lot riding on it, doesn't it.
Speaker 5: It really does.
Speaker 11: Obviously, the Dodgers are in good position after winning the first two games of this series, but it would be disappointing to come away with a split after the way they were able to rally with a couple of different things in play, including Kershaw coming out in the first game after just one plus innings. But really, Tim today is worth three games, not only the two games it's worth in the standing, but also the tiebreaker is at stake because these two teams have split the first twelve games of their in season matchups. So whoever wins today's game also gets the typebreaker if for some reason there is a tie in the standings on the final.
Speaker 5: Day of the regular season.
Speaker 11: So essentially, if the Dodgers win this game today, it will be six games in the standings, but with the tiebreaker, they would be seven games ahead of the Arizona Diamondbacks. So this is a very very big game between these two teams.
Speaker 2: David Clayton Kershaw certainly on the il with the toe.
Speaker 3: What's the latest on him. We're hearing rumors of a walking boot.
Speaker 11: Yeah, he's in a walking boot on his left foot. He you know, has the bone spur turf toe in that big left toe. So he's going to be in a walking boot moving forward. I saw him out here yesterday and he was wearing his tennis shoes and he was playing catch from about sixty sixty five feet. He did not have a walking boot there, and it seemed to be he seemed to be walking fine without it. But the Dodger said, there is still swelling in that big left foot, and we'll see when we get on the plane whether or not he's in a walking boot.
Speaker 3: David is driven by Ford. There's one thing we like.
Speaker 2: His choice is fine yours with the F one to fifty gas hybrid all electric tough, this march can only be called the Ford F one fifty show. Aotani's certainly putting up big numbers in his first year in a Dodger uniform. We heard a lot about what his process was like in Anaheim for six seasons, David, but being around him on a daily basis, what's it like.
Speaker 11: Well, this year it's a lot different than what it was in Anaheim because for the majority of those six years he was spending time between hitting and pitching. And from what I understand talking to Dodger players, they say, behind the scenes, O'tani really shows a lot of his personality and sense of humor. He's a jokester. But also my understanding is he is very prepared. Talking to Clayton McCullough when we were in Oakland, Tim, you heard him say that O'tani really prepares by looking at video of the opposing picture on when he can go, when he can't go, and in stolen based categories, and obviously does a lot of homework in the hitting department as well. And my understanding is Otani gravitates towards the hitters more than the pictures on this team. Obviously he's a two way player and he's great at both. But my understanding since the beginning of spring training, he really doesn't gravitate towards the pitching group.
Speaker 5: He's usually with the hitters.
Speaker 2: And you can probably do both if you want to appreciate it. We'll check you with you in just a little bit. Dodger Fans and answer listening experience by downloading the iHeartRadio app and listening in HD.
Speaker 3: It's all powered by Lacre Health.
Speaker 2: Plans serving all Angelino's La care dot or very cool to kind of hear a little behind the scenes from DV there about showy Otani on a daily basis coming.
Speaker 3: Up here on Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 2: Don't forget we have got your Suite Live Challenge where you get to participate and possibly win tickets to a Dodger suite to an upcoming game.
Speaker 3: That's all coming up.
Speaker 2: We'll also hear from Chris woodword but your Dodger's Magical Moment when we return Dodgers Diamondbacks on this Labor Day. I'm Tim Kasis, Los Angeles Dodgers Audio nowork.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on Deck on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Diamondbacks on this Labor Day. Jack Flaherty going for the blue at Wardo Rodriguez, the left tender going for Arizona first pitch, coming up at one ten, all.
Speaker 1: Without a hot Dog who went to hot It's time for the Hawfey Magical Moment Ditch Magical Phone presented by Hawby Hot Dogs.
Speaker 2: We go back to twenty seventeen, the NLDS Dodgers taking on the Diamondbacks. Dodgers would win the game and take a two oh series lead thanks to Austin Barnes drills.
Speaker 5: Wann In the left field for a base.
Speaker 4: In the score is Branderson forsythe behind him. Burns arrives at second base with a double, and the Dodgers take us six to two.
Speaker 2: Leads Austin Barnes with the two run double in the bottom of the fifth inning. Dodgers go on and beat the Snakes eight to five again to take a two oh series lead. In the twenty seventeen nlds's Hockey Magical Moment brought you buy Hafey Hot Talks.
Speaker 3: It's o cal treasure for over one hundred years.
Speaker 2: Visit hofeybrand dot com to find out where you can purchase crave delicious Haffey Hot Talks. All right, I need three contestants right now. Eight six six nine eighty seven two five seventy Eight six six nine eighty seven two five seventy Who.
Speaker 3: Wants to live the sweet life at a Dodger game?
Speaker 2: Eight six six nine eighty seven two five seventy It's really easy. You tell me which player will hit the first home run in today's game, in what inning or closest to it, and if you're correct, you and her friend are going to a Dodger game to hang out in the Am five to seventy LA Sports Suite eight six six nine eighty seven two five seventy. It's the Zenchi Sweet Life Challenge next, So we'd lead you up to first pitch Dodgers and Diamondbacks of Tim Kass, Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: It is Lorongo Casino, Dodgers on Dodgers on deck y'all on the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's a Dodgers Diamondbacks on this Labor Day, Dodgers going for the series winning Arizona. Jack Flaherty on the mound. First pitch from Chase Field, coming up at one ten.
Speaker 1: This is the Zenchi Sweet Light Challenge. The premise is simple.
Speaker 3: Tell us who hits the first home run tonight and in what inning?
Speaker 1: One lucky winner and a guest get to watch the Dodgers from the Zenschi Swite, all made possible by Zenchi Sushi, Fast, fresh and easy.
Speaker 2: All right, we have our two contestants again. Tell me who's gonna the first home run and what inning are close to it? And if you're correct, you're gonna win two tickets to an upcoming game in the Dodgers Suite. All right, Franco is first up. Franco, what is your guess?
Speaker 5: Tani in the thirty.
Speaker 2: Otani in the third inning. All right, good luck to you. Edgar is our next contestant. Edgar, what is your guess? You can pick the same player but different inning.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's go Tani in the first.
Speaker 2: Otani in the first inning. All right, Good luck to you, Edgar. Riley is our third and final contestant.
Speaker 3: Riley, Welcome, Happy Labor Day. What's your guess?
Speaker 6: I'm gonna go to Oscar in the first inning.
Speaker 2: Ta Oscar Hernandez in the first inning. All right, good luck to you Riley, Edgar and Franco are three contestants. We'll do it again tomorrow, so I'll be listening for your chance to play and win. It's the zench Sweet Live Challenge again tomorrow right here on Dodgers on Deck your chance to win tickets to a Dodgers suite presented by zen She handcrafted sushi made fresh daily on site. Pick up delicious sushi made before the game. Find Zency Sushi at your local supermarket near the deli counter.
Speaker 1: And now joined by David Basseying, Here's La Dodgers broadcaster and world series champion Dodger Rick Monday.
Speaker 11: Rick, I'm not very good at math, but I even know that this game today against the Diamondbacks is worth three games for the Dodgers because the type breaker also is at stake.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you're absolutely right, and there is a sense of urgency just to make sure that all things are in the basket that you wanted to be in. And quite frankly, if we look at this series, it's been strange. I mean, kind of three strange games to begin with, but if we stop and analyze it, it's been rather strange here in Arizona. Let me take you back down memory lane, back to the thirtieth of April, and I'm showing you the video and how many of us forgot that the fact we had that one game that was delayed because of the beehive that was attached to the top of the backstop the screen, and the game was delayed what they called a beekeeper, and we had long delay before the beekeeper who got a standing ovation, and then throughout the first pitch we finally got it away.
Speaker 11: That beekeeper really milked his five minutes of faint.
Speaker 6: Oh he did, he did a big time and it was really kind of fun. When's the last time the beekeeper that you know of got a standing ovation, And that's exactly what he got here back back on the thirtieth of April. So we've had some kind of strange, strange happenings in this ballpark this year.
Speaker 11: The first three games of this series, a lot of runs. I've been scored ragged.
Speaker 6: Well, let me tell you it's lopsided. Okay, the Dodgers have won two out of the three. But here are the numbers that you're referring to. The Dodgers have scored twenty one runs. They've been outscored by twenty nine runs. And if you start to look at runners in scoring position, the Dodgers are seven for thirty nine. That sounds pretty good, except Arizona is fourteen for thirty two. Most of that was in yesterday's game where, quite frankly, Arizona hit everything. It was like batting practice to them.
Speaker 11: When you look at those first three games, do you feel like that trend is going to continue today?
Speaker 5: If you're the Dodgers, you hope not.
Speaker 6: No, it's going to end, because what a breath of fresh air. Jack Fulerty has been since he has joined this Dodger ball club, and he puts another wrinkle into the mix as far as the starting rotation, because if you look at the starters, you know who's available on any given night. And the bottom line has been with the excessive use of the bullpen as a result of not knowing who's going to be in the starting rotation, and then the starters by and large have not really gone deep into the ballgames.
Speaker 11: Jack Flaherty, like you said, Rick, he's been a necessity. He's not a luxury with the way he's pitched.
Speaker 6: Absolutely, you go back to the thirtieth of May, the thirteen starts at Flaherty has had. He's nine and two. That's tied for third best in Major League Baseball in that period of time.
Speaker 11: Here's something you could help us understand, Rick. You can't hear from one side that the bullpen is fatigue been used a lot and then not allow your starter to go deeper in the game if he's pitching that way. Do you feel like today Dave Roberts is going to allow Jack Flaherty to go as deep as he possibly can.
Speaker 5: I couldn't tell you.
Speaker 6: I don't know. We're around I say this often, We're around the team a lot every day. But unless you're in that locker room, and unless you're in that dugout before, during, and after games, you don't really know what's going on with that ballpark.
Speaker 11: Yeah, we'll see whether or not the Dodgers can get this win. I feel like it will be a happy flight.
Speaker 6: Rick mondaye oh no, no, don't feel like it.
Speaker 1: Know it's in my bones.
Speaker 5: Live it.
Speaker 11: Thanks Rick, Well, check in with you, David, and we'll live the ball game through the words of yourself and Tim Neverett. A little bit later, we'll send it back to the studio. Tim Kats all.
Speaker 2: Right, David, Dodgers fans, start your future out of California community college. Financial aids available to help you with tuition, books, and sometimes even the rent.
Speaker 3: It's time to take the next big step.
Speaker 2: Come on, Classic can film quickly, so enroll today and I can go to college dot com. Still to come here at Dodgers on Deck, We'll dive deeper to this pitching matchup up next. Soh we go high and tight with Chris Woodward Dodgers Diamondbacks on this Labor Day.
Speaker 3: I'm sim Kates iss Los Angeles Dodgers Audio nowor.
Speaker 1: Well, this is Morongo Cassino Dodgers Hunting Game on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Diamondbacks on this Labor Day, Jack Felarity and Arno Rodriguez a pitching matchup Dodgers Baseball is presented by Children's Hospital LA. When you need the very best care for your child, it's only one place to go. The best place is Children's Hospital Los Angeles. They're ranked number one in California for pediatric care. Find the right doctor at HLA.
Speaker 1: Or and now what will likely be vess a fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 3: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 1: This is high and tight.
Speaker 11: We're joined right now and by one of my favorite people. He was such a big part of Dave Roberts' staff when the Dodgers we're going to nlcs's and World Series. He went on to manage the Rangers, and thankfully he is back in the Dodger organization with that beautiful bald head and that clean shaven beard.
Speaker 5: That's the one and only Chris Woodward. What he thinks a lot for the time.
Speaker 11: Appreciate it absolutely, always a pleasure, brother hey Man. Always great to see you out here. You have so much to offer. What's the first three games of this series shown you about this team?
Speaker 8: You know what, this team that we're playing obviously has a lot of fight. You know, they've played together, they do a lot of things really well, they play the game. So it's actually been a test for us. Obviously, with Curse going down after that first inning, kind of put our backs against the wall and the pitch his staff, and you know, thankfully we got some horses down to that bullpen that took the ball and honestly pitched when they probably weren't supposed to and didn't you know, weren't really ready to pitch based on how they had pitched so many games before that. So it honestly took a team effort for the first two games, and somehow we came away with two wins.
Speaker 12: Our offense put a bunch of runs on the.
Speaker 8: Board, and it was really cool to see the fight in this team against a team that's like they're not scared of us at all, which I kind of like, it's good for our team. But yesterday, obviously we'll put that one aside and we have a chance to win three out of four in a huge.
Speaker 12: Series for us.
Speaker 11: You're a great person to ask this question, obviously, with where the pitching staff was the last two days. How tough is it to swallow a game like yesterday where you're handcuffed on who you can use and live to fight today.
Speaker 8: I think the one thing that we're really really good at. Obviously we have really good pitching, and we have good pitchers, but I think our staff, you know, Doc and Mark and Connor and Bartow and the bullpen do a great job of keeping.
Speaker 5: Our guys healthy.
Speaker 8: It's a little it's a lot undervalued obviously in the league or a lot of teams feel like they have to fight to win every game and use their best pitchers no matter what. Where we're not afraid to say, okay, we're We're almost willing to sacrifice the win for the betterment of our team long term. And I think that, you know, come playoff time, everybody's gotta you know, said later in this month, it's all hands on deck. You might have to pitch seven in a row, who knows. But like for the long term of one hundred and sixty two games, it's hard to not buy into or be tempted into using guys, you know, when they pitch three out of four or two out of three and you end up, you know, making that guy obviously not have a great outing and with less stuff, but you potentially get guys hurt.
Speaker 12: And I see that happen a lot throughout the league. We don't do that.
Speaker 8: We refuse to do that with our pitchers. And I love that about us because obviously that's why I feel like we maximize. We put guys in. Hey, we're using these guys today no matter what, like we're not using those guys, And I think that that's honestly a great quality of this organization. Like I said, come in the middle of this month, it doesn't matter if you have to pitch five in a row. You have to pitch five in a row. You need to get into the playoffs and the playoffs start. It's all hands on deck and everybody knows that. But up to that point, I think we do the best job in baseball.
Speaker 11: At Chris Woodward is our guest. And Chris, like I mentioned, you were coaching third base for some really special players in a special time of Dodger baseball. Do you feel like this group is starting to resemble that attitude of those teams.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you know what, Like I told shohey the other night, and I know he's the greatest player on the planet, but like for him to square around a bunt, yeah, I thought that that was very indigative of like, our team is a team, you know, our best player who's obviously chasing history, maybe to something that had never been done before in the history of the game. He took one less opportunity to hit a homer potentially.
Speaker 12: And do something for the sacrifice of a team.
Speaker 8: To say, hey, I'm gonna get on basis for us, it's the top of the eighth ning, we're ty game, it's a huge series, and he saw the third basement back and thought, maybe actually get on base by a bunt. I don't really want him to bunt, and I don't think Doc does either, but at the same time, like for him to actually think about that tells me teams on his mind and not personal actly, And if everybody kind of adopts that mentality, we will win. And you know, obviously that's probably our biggest task of just like everybody coming together for the common.
Speaker 12: Goal of just winning a championship. And if we do that, we will win.
Speaker 11: Speaking of show, hey O Tani being on the same side as he is instead of going against him. What's it like from your vantage point watching what he's done this season.
Speaker 12: I'm thankful that I'm not.
Speaker 8: I was in awe of him, you know, watching him from the other side because he you know, we actually hit him pretty good when I was in Texas, but he had some monster games against us, and I was just, you know, in awe of what he could.
Speaker 12: Do, you know, on the baseball field.
Speaker 8: But just getting to know him a little bit and seeing how, you know, how much he prepares, how much he cares about the game, how respectful he is to the game, the way he plays it, how hard he plays it, the way he's really adopted a lot of things, like understanding how to run the bases better, how to bake steel bases. It's just been impressive for me, obviously adopting our offensive kind of philosophy, understanding how important strike z own is.
Speaker 12: He still obviously swings, but at the same time.
Speaker 8: He is He's improved a lot, in my opinion, and it has a lot to do with just his mindset and his ability to learn.
Speaker 11: How much do you believe he is thriving in this competitive environment.
Speaker 5: He loves it.
Speaker 8: I saw it in the WBC and listen, we've never seen show Hey in the playoffs. It's something that like unfortunately fans have been you know, haven't had a chance to see.
Speaker 12: We will see it, obviously. I can't wait because I think that this guy's got the DNA of a champion.
Speaker 8: Like obviously, but like when I saw him in the WBC in the beginning of a season, hasn't the season hadn't even started yet, and he's fired. You know, He's going up against Trout and you could tell how much he loved that environment. I just can't wait to see him actually in a in a playoff environment in the MLB. It you know, obviously it's going to be for our team, which is great, But I can't wait to see that because I think if the world needs to see that.
Speaker 11: Yeah, that will be special, and it will be special to have the Dodgers make a long, deep postseason run like they did in six teens, seventeen and eighteen, and of course winning get in twenty. Chris Woodward, always great to see you so happier with the Dodgers and always love tapping into you.
Speaker 5: So thank you for the time.
Speaker 12: Awesome Thanks Day.
Speaker 1: Appreciate it there.
Speaker 5: He is one of the best. Chris Woodward. We'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 2: Tim all right, thanks a lot of DV great to hear Chris Woodward back in the Dodgers organization. Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Shaky's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers Audio Broadcast. When it's game day, it's group day at shakys dot com. As we lead you up to first pitch, Dodgers and Diamondbacks on this Labor Day, I'm Tim Kakes's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck on your home for the Blue All Season Law.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers and the Diamondbacks on this Labor Day Monday. Dodgers will head to Anaheim for a two game interleague series Tomorrow night and Windnesday night before a day off on Friday.
Speaker 3: But this is a big win this season series on the line.
Speaker 2: Both the Dodgers and Diebacks have won six of the previous matchups. Today, Game thirteen, the final head to head meeting between the Dodgers and Snakes here in the regular season, first pitch coming up at one.
Speaker 1: Ten, and now before the Dodgers hit the diamond we look at the pitching.
Speaker 2: Matchup presented by your Southern California Toyota Dealers. Turn your trail dominating off roading dreams into a reality in an all new twenty twenty four Tacoma. See you're Toyota Dealers today, they make it easy. And Wardo Rodriguez on the mound for the Diamondbacks. He is two and zero with a five h six ERA thirty one year old left hander out of Venezuela. You remember the name from a year ago, right. The Dodgers tried to trade for him when he was in Detroit, and he wouldn't waive his no trade clause and didn't want to sign an extension with the Dodgers because he didn't want to play out West.
Speaker 3: But yet he's playing for the Diamondbacks.
Speaker 2: He's in his ninth season out in the big leagues, Red Sox, Tigers and now the Snakes, making just his fifth Seeds start this season. He was hurt shoulder injury missed extensive time on the injured list. This is just his fifth start last time out, five and a third innings, five runs, five hits, five strikeouts and a no decision against the Mets. Jack Flaherty on the mound for the Dodgers ten and six with a three zero seven ERA. The twenty eight year old right hander at a Harvard West League high school via Burbank, making his second or twenty fourth start of the season, is sixth with the Dodgers, six starting now with the Dodgers since the trade deadline. In those six starts, he is three and one with a three forty nine ERRA. Last time out, six innings, three runs, six hits, five strikeouts.
Speaker 3: That was in a loss to the Orioles.
Speaker 2: He face the Diamondbacks for the seventh time now in his career, one in two at the four to forty one ERA forty two strikeouts. He last faced them May eighteenth, when he was with the Tigers. He wins six innings, He gave up two runs on five hits, struck out nine in a win. Dodgers fans and hands, you're listening experienced by downloading the iHeart Radio up and listening to Dodger games and HD. Take it with you on the go and your mobile device. It's all power by LA Care Health Plan serving all Angelinos lacare dot org. Dodgers Diamondbacks. We're fifteen minutes away for first pitch. Keys to the game are next. I'm sim Kass, Los Angeles Dodgers on your network.
Speaker 10: As we were saying yes, is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Jack on the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Leaning you up to Dodgers and Diamondbacks on this Monday afternoon and Jack Felerni and one of Rodiguez the pitching matchup. First pitch from Chase Field in Arizona is coming up at one ten. Todgers Baseball is brought to you by Speedy Cash, official sponsor of La La Weekend. Find out more at Speedycash dot com or stoping in LA Area Speedy Cash store. All right, before first pitch, we head back out to the booth Rick Monday.
Speaker 3: Tim never guess.
Speaker 4: Tim, Thanks again, We're getting you ready for the first pitcher.
Speaker 5: The fourth and final game of this series.
Speaker 4: Dodgers trying to take three of four against the Diamondbacks. And if they do not, and they split this series, and the diamond Back would own the tiebreaker. If the Dodgers win, they would own the tie breaker if it comes into play. Meantime, Jack flairdy had ten and six hopes to be the stopper today stopped the bleeding a little bit from yesterday, a fourteen to three loss to the Diamondbacks. But Jack Flaird has been very good since joining the Dodgers. His last time out, it was only two bad pitches that was the difference in the game.
Speaker 6: Yeah, man, home runs here and there. It's given up twenty one home runs, but most of those are solo blasts.
Speaker 5: You start to look.
Speaker 6: Since the thirtieth of May, Flarity's made thirteen starts, his record is nine and two. That's time for third best in Major League Baseball. The other part, too, is since coming to the Dodgers, he's had runners in scoring position is just a one seven batting average against him. That's when he really buckles down, and with two strikes, less than a one to seventy batting average against him for the entire season.
Speaker 4: Eduardo Rodriguez going the veteran left hander former Boston Red Sox lefty Detroit Tiger is lefty was rumored to be headed to the Dodgers, but he used his veteran status and is no trade. Claused a veto a deal to La last year and then ended up signing a four year deal here in Arizona.
Speaker 6: Yeah, thirteen wins last year, but he's had an injury challenged season this year and if you start to look at what he's been able to do coming back, this is only his fifth start after signing that four year, eighty million dollars contract.
Speaker 4: So it's the Dodgers and the Diamondbacks at Water Rodriguez for the d Backs and Jack Flaherty going for Los Angeles. We're getting ready for the first pitch here in Arizona.
Speaker 3: Jimp all right, first pitch coming up.
Speaker 2: Dodgers looking to get the series win in Arizona, extend that lead and division over the Snakes.
Speaker 3: Meanwhile, the Padres also five games back. They're playing host of the Tigers. That game will get underway in a couple of hours from Petco Park.
Speaker 2: But Dodgers need to take care of business here in early September as they take on the Diamondbacks one final time here in the regular season. Both teams have won six head to head meetings. This is game thirteen between these two. Who will win the season series. We'll find out Dodgers diamond back to a water Rodriguez and Jack Flarry.
Speaker 3: The pitching matchup, I'm Tim Kates has been
Speaker 2: Wrong because you know Dodgers on deck on the Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network